PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 369 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

bax
August 31, 2007, 01:34 PM
The chapter 368 is out guys!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17546)!!

Jiraiya made his moves. Interrogation commence! That frog is really handy :tem And :blink That's one pretty ninjutsu by the only female in Akatsuki!!

What you think will happened next? Gather here and predict the 369th chapter of Naruto here guys :amuse

Saifi
August 31, 2007, 02:32 PM
i predict konan is gonna have a hard time finding the toad !

Coup
August 31, 2007, 02:50 PM
Jiraiya will get whatever info the soldiers have just in time before he get spotted by Konan. Then we will either get caught up with team 8(hopefully) or hebi making there way towards itachi(again)

Ichigo
August 31, 2007, 02:53 PM
Kisame will be appearing in the Next Chapter is one of my predictions.

Saifi
August 31, 2007, 02:56 PM
but the toad shrunk and went under water ! and pain had to stop his rain for her to turn to paper so i am thinking jiraya is going to have plenty of time for the interrogation !

Ichigo
August 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
yeah with his feather, i am sure he will get a lot, lol. but Konan the Bluehairian, will have a tough time finding the intruder.

Coup
August 31, 2007, 03:11 PM
Remember, the toad is not completely under water plus I wouldn't under estimate her so easily.

Imperium
August 31, 2007, 03:16 PM
i have to say, when i heard her name i was on the floor. :rofl it sounds so like conan (the barbarian!!),

Remember, the toad is not completely under water plus I wouldn't under estimate her so easily.

but on another note i agree with joka,you cant underestimate her so easily. but anyway for my prediction we will probably find out about the political climate in amegakure and how much power pein actually has :o

Saifi
August 31, 2007, 03:18 PM
ya but unless she has karin's chakra sensing abilities i think ero senin is covered ! and i wouldnt underestimate her abilities , because right now with all her butterflies she is probably gonna know in an instant when jiraya comes out of the from cause one of em will see it !

PredatorNar
August 31, 2007, 03:36 PM
Pein told Konan to use her jutsu to find Jiraiya. I'm guessing her jutsu is special because it can locate people. I think the paper butterflies will fly all over the village, so she'll be able to spot the big frog in the water in no time.

If any of you have seen Jackie Chan Adventures and the episode where Jackie fights the burglar who can turn himself into paper origami and turn his limbs into sharp weapons (made out of huge paper), I think Konan's powers will be similar. If so, then things will be interesting.

And obv, we're gonna get some background on Pein next chapter.

bean
August 31, 2007, 03:38 PM
doesn't anyone find it odd that the soldiers were in their country yet had the symbol scratched out. I mean, I understand that there's a civil war going on, but usually the people with scratched out symbols are missing nin. If Pein is the leader of one side, then the leader of the other side must be some other really powerful ninja...could be a tangent for the story to move on to once this whole akatsuki thing is over with, or it could be that tobi is leading the other side. I think that's gonna be revealed...and that this whole civil war thing is just the beginning of akatsuki's world domination plan.

arg
August 31, 2007, 03:40 PM
I predict death by feather.

Ichigo
August 31, 2007, 04:00 PM
i have to say, when i heard her name i was on the floor. :rofl it sounds so like conan (the barbarian!!),

s :o
yes thats why i said

but Konan the Bluehairian, r.

doesn't anyone find it odd that the soldiers were in their country yet had the symbol scratched out. I mean, I understand that there's a civil war going on, but usually the people with scratched out symbols are missing nin. If Pein is the leader of one side, then the leader of the other side must be some other really powerful ninja...could be a tangent for the story to move on to once this whole akatsuki thing is over with, or it could be that tobi is leading the other side. I think that's gonna be revealed...and that this whole civil war thing is just the beginning of akatsuki's world domination plan.

yeah i notice it too, and it looks like akatsuki w/o black coat, they even got the hat. They are just with Pein thats why they are scratched out...or maybe they thought there were going to get in Akatsuki??

lordHokage
August 31, 2007, 04:02 PM
I predict Pervy Sage will find out that Pein is Yondy’s long lost son. :o :eek: :faint

Windmillblade
August 31, 2007, 04:16 PM
I predict Jiraiya Smashing conan brains inn.She is basically paper. Why did she have to wait for the rain to stop ??? because paper gets messed up if wet.Or on fire.or blown miles away by wind.i think she is weak but she must have some abillity that must serve pain great purpose kind of like the other girl in team hebi. She isnt that strong but she has ability to find people.

Paradoxicon
August 31, 2007, 04:22 PM
I hope what we see next chapter is FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Konan the Bluehairian (I like that :D) will find Jiraya as soon as he got the critical information(when he leaves the toad). Pein will battle Jiraya for 3-4 chapters and kill him but Jiraya sends a toad with the informations back to Konoha.

6thHokage
August 31, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yay Pervy Sage is gonna tickle them to death! lol..... I dont think Kishi is gonna show much of Jiraiya in the next chap.....unless this is turning into a Jiraiya arc, maybe we'll see whats going on with Roots and Tsunade, Maybe Sasuke will take his team to be on stand-by again by the hideout, I dont see any fights in the next chap.....maybe an even bigger cliff hanger! Kishi is getting extremely good at that, i just read this chap and cant wait for the next. Anyways i think Jiraiya is gonna try escaping that place after the interogation cause those guys should have enough info on Pain.

segua
August 31, 2007, 04:55 PM
Detective Konan will scour the enitre city.
We'll be taken back to Sasuke and Team Hebi's pursuit of Itachi.
Still no sign of Sai what so ever.
Itachi goes talk with Naruto.
Team Konoha tries to locate Naruto ASAP.

jemoen
August 31, 2007, 07:26 PM
hm jiraiya dying is starting to a lower its chances for me.
he should be safe from konan in the water, because pein had to stop the rain for konan to use her jutsu.
i think he will get away, with a frog jutsu probably lol.
but i think itll be after he is found and engaged a bit.

PredatorNar
August 31, 2007, 07:48 PM
I think Pein stopped the rain because her jutsu is a city-wide search jutsu that just happens to be thousands of bits of paper. Rain would make the search by paper butterflies quite hard. I doubt her fighting style is weak against water. There are so many water ninjas in this story that a weakness to water style would be so lame. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen anything from Konan yet.

ornis
August 31, 2007, 07:56 PM
I'd say her overall style isn't weak versus water either.... just that particular skill with the butterflies so far. Hopefully we'll see how the insects uncover Jiraiya... I'm wondering if they can identify the summon as a summon.

Uchiha Slayer
August 31, 2007, 08:03 PM
I predict Pervy Sage will find out that Pein is Yondy’s long lost son. :o :eek: :faint

That might be a little to deep...Theres a good chance the scene changes to Konoha gang and maybe some more Sasuke...

But if the scene doesnt shift it would be definately Jiraiya getting information about Pein...Who knows Konan might show up.

cerventus
August 31, 2007, 09:02 PM
Kohan the Paper..

Interesting Jutsu.

Jiraiya killed by paper cut?
I think Pien is like local hero trying to save his village from a tyrant and have to align with tobi to acomplish his goals.

Takuto
August 31, 2007, 09:27 PM
I think we'll see get some info on Pein in the next chapter from Jiraiya, if not then 369 then chapter 370. Mabey about the cival war in the hidden rain village and what his role is and mabey some of his companions (Kohan and Tobi).

Also we'll see Sasuke looking for someway back in Konoha to get to the Uchiha hideout, and a small flashback of Team 7 (or he'll go to the other hideout where they went to recently, and no flashback heh).

Also mabey something on Naruto and the others chasing after Sasuke's scent.

popoboy
August 31, 2007, 10:17 PM
I think jiriaya's whereabout will be exposed co'z the toad can't resist to eat the paper butterflies.

akatsuki27
August 31, 2007, 10:50 PM
what i predict is konan will not find him right away...remember that pein couldnt tell that jiraiya was there until he got out of the frog....so while he's in the frog he should be ok, plus the frog shrunk after the guys got trapped and went back in the water

im guessing the toad will submerge if he senses danger coming....even though konan's jutsu is a spying jutsu so i dont think you can sense that but hey you never know

so in conclusion, ero sennin will get some info on pein and well see if naruto is still in the middle of the woods doing nothing....and where is sai????

thechocopuff
August 31, 2007, 11:07 PM
Whats pein's rain for anyway?

jemoen
August 31, 2007, 11:16 PM
possibly a security type thing
to be used to alert him in case of the an attack from the opposing side.
but just happened to find jiraiya

macherie
August 31, 2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, on top of just a security thing, from what the two shinobi said.. it seems like it's more than that as it takes 'so much of his chakra'. =\ But i'd say mainly for scouting purposes.
I think we'll see Hebi on the move again, maybe just outside konoha, standing out front looking at the entrance. Team Konoha..well not sure what we'll see from them but they're probably be heading somewhere random. Hopefully we'll see more of Jiraiya... although i doubt it.

toniCHRYSA
August 31, 2007, 11:58 PM
hehe we only saw one jutsu that konan used and now ppl are saying she's weak xD
do you think that "that is the only jutsu she knows"? ehehe well anyway! i predict next chapter we will see naruto's team and sasuke's i hope itachi talks to naruto again! :D

Hunter_zaz
September 01, 2007, 12:02 AM
Konan vs Shino? Butterflies vs Bugs? Future fight?

Yondaime Uzumaki
September 01, 2007, 01:13 AM
do you think that "that is the only jutsu she knows"? ehehe well anyway! i predict next chapter we will see naruto's team and sasuke's i hope itachi talks to naruto again! :D

Yea, I remember when everybody thought that Deidara was weak and that Sasuke would easily beat him. For those who haven't realized it by now, there are no weak members in Akatsuki. Hidan was probably the weakest one, and he killed Asuma. I figured that it was common knowledge that Konan, Pein, and Tobi were the strongest ones in Akatsuki, but I guess not.

Monkeyshank
September 01, 2007, 01:38 AM
Alriht is it just me or did sauske have The MS Sharringan eyes in the last pannel of him in 368. Maybe in the next chapter will will learn how/if he achived it was killing his master oro the equivilant of killing his best friend, and whats up with itachi his genjitsu may actually have been a new nongenjitsu where he really turns int to his Crows, well I guess if jiraya can make a bar out of a frog .....

But really anyone else does Sauske have the ms in that last pannel.

Nara Twig
September 01, 2007, 01:50 AM
I know this might sound stupid, but isn't Konan a male name (maybe I'm relating it to Conan the barbarian)?

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought... but with the Japanese pronunciation it sounds a bit more feminine. Try saying it with the "A" making an "ah" sound, like in Sasuke's name. Still an odd choice of name, if you ask me though.

brainwiz
September 01, 2007, 02:04 AM
Could konan's supposed water weakness be setting up for a new element for naruto? After she kills jiraiya of course.

MadDog
September 01, 2007, 02:26 AM
I'm prediciting that we'll see a little Zetsu next chapter, just to mix things up. This will split up the Konoha team as some stay behind to fight, and others keep up the search.

Also, Jiraiya is definetly going to turn those two chumps into frog food. At the end of the chapter, Konan will make her appearence by reasembling herself from the butterflys...not sure if Jiraiya has it in him to hurt a woman, but I'm guessing he'll put aside the chivalry for this fight.

KingJosh
September 01, 2007, 03:56 AM
I think jeraiya will get some information on Pain, but eventually Konan will disepear begind him. And she aknowlege him as the legendary sanin, then Jeraiya ask her who she is, and then he will put up a great match against Konan, and kill her, the he will face Pain, and its going to be hell of match, but for Jeraiya who just fought Konan, and he lost much of hiss stamina in that match will unfurnatly die:( . ( I love Jeriya so I dont hope that happens, but its most likly, But I really hope not). And when naruto hears about it he will be Jeraiyas avanger.

shachi
September 01, 2007, 04:29 AM
1. Jiraiya's interrogation will inform us as to the nature of the civil war. (I believe that Amegakure has gone rogue and that they are battling the country's feudal lords and nins loyal to the lords)

2. Once located, Pein will use the 2 shinobi for the Shapeshifting technique. This will allow Kishimoto to showcase more of Pein's abilities without sacrificing the reputation/prestige/lives of either Pein/Konan or Jiraiya.

3. Mirroring the Rescue Sasuke #1 arc, Hebi and (sooner or later)Kisame will delay the Leaf just like the Sound 4/5 delayed Choji, Neji, Kiba, Shikamaru, Rock Lee, and Naruto.

dandy65
September 01, 2007, 04:57 AM
For a second I didn't see the Sasuke's eyes clearly. But when I magnified the picture, Sasuke DOES have mangekyou! Wow I didn't notice xD

Can be seen on page 3 (with cover page included), 6th Frame and page 2, 5th Frame

macherie
September 01, 2007, 05:02 AM
Sorry, don't mean to argue against what you say.. but i don't think it is.
the mangekyou has a solid black area around the pupil which turns red or in this case; white. But it's the opposite at the moment, it's still his normal sharingan with 3 tomoe. =]

jemoen
September 01, 2007, 05:06 AM
yeh ive looked closely...it not ms. imo

macherie
September 01, 2007, 05:15 AM
Just downloaded the hi-res raw.
Confirmation: Not the mangekyou sharingan.

Looks awfully similar and at first glance you'll think it is, but it isn't quite there.
Uploading to imageshack, will edit when it's done. Cheers.

Edit: Done =]

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7791/368notmsta4.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=368notmsta4.jpg)

A tad misleading but you can see the tomoe =]

PredatorNar
September 01, 2007, 06:35 AM
Yea, I remember when everybody thought that Deidara was weak and that Sasuke would easily beat him. For those who haven't realized it by now, there are no weak members in Akatsuki. Hidan was probably the weakest one, and he killed Asuma. I figured that it was common knowledge that Konan, Pein, and Tobi were the strongest ones in Akatsuki, but I guess not.

Hidan did more than just kill Asuma. He single-handedly defeat the 2-tails (We know he finished it off and from the way Hidan scolded Kakuzu during the Asuma fight, I can tell Hidan fought it by himself). Hidan also defeat the monk. In that fight, I'm not sure how much Kakuzu helped, but I definitely know Hidan finished him off. Then Hidan killed Asuma.

You're saying a guy who single-handedly took down a full-fledged jinchurukii, one of the top monks of the fire temple and one of the top Konoha jounins, the weakest?
[hr]
Oh and my prediction will be as follows:

-Jiraiya gets info about Pein
-Konan finds the frog and blasts it open somehow
-Konan acknowledges the Great Jiraiya
-Jiraiya hits on her
-Sasuke arrives at the Uchiha hideout to find a shocking docuement/shrine
-Itachi appears behind Sasuke in order to clear some things up
-Sasuke "How do I know this isn't just your genjutsu?"
-End

KingJosh
September 01, 2007, 06:47 AM
I think one the way to the uchiha hideout team hebi meets kishame and suigesto tell the rest to keep going while he fix kishame, and konoha nins meet zetsu. and then scenes change to jeraiya.

DDavid
September 01, 2007, 06:57 AM
hmmm

paper jutsu ~= wood jutsu (~ yamato ~ First Hokage) = trouble

dandy65
September 01, 2007, 08:38 AM
For those who misunderstood Sasuke looking like he had Mangekyou in Chapter 368(including myself >.>), here's a nice screenshot by yours truly, comparing his current sharingan(zoomed in 100000 times,real blur) to Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan!

Btw now I hope Jiraiya won't die :O He's cool.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8518/sasukenormalsharinganmilm4.png

kheopz
September 01, 2007, 09:06 AM
First Jiraya said that only Tsunade was able to detect him in such form and Konan doesn't know that he is in a toad stomach and she didn't even notice him approaching the village so in terms of her sensing skills I think that she is limited. The buttefly jutsu is just a way for her to be everywhere and see everything (just like a kage bushin type of jutsu) all in all Jiraya will get out of this village.

Remember that Pein role and orders are to capture Naruto and even the Rain nins mentioned about it so him trying to fight jiraya will be a huge delay in their plans when it comes to the Mandara. Pein has no business or reason to fight Jiraya, all he needs is Naruto and Naruto is not with Jiraya so no reason for him to move.

It's actually a bad move for jiraya and the leaf to infiltrate the Rain Village now because we know that Pein will go hunt for Naruto and Jiraya won't be there to protect him. Jiraya against Pein will only happen if Jiraya is around Naruto.

Jiraya will also be able to know who's fighting against Pein in the Rain country and the Leaf will have to form an alliance with them a thwart Pein's strong hold on the Village/City.
[hr]
BTW ... Frog do eat Butterfly for breakfast, lunch and dinner even if they taste like paper so I predict that Jiraya will pawn Konan.

To tell you the truth there's more chances she find the two Rain nins that Jiraya tickled than finding Jiraya itself. And based on what those two will tell her what happened she will first kill them , report to Pein and this might change the way Pein and the mandara will handle the situation as their cover and intentions are no longer secrets.

Uchiro
September 01, 2007, 09:11 AM
I hope next chapter Naruto meets back up with everyone and lets them know what Itachi had to say. That would be nice to know. Maybe one of his Bunshins will stumble upon Sai so we can figure out what he's up to.

I also believe that the Uchiha hideout is the temple in the clans section of Konoha. The same place where Itachi sent Sasuke to search under the 8th tatami mat and learn the secrets of his clan, and the true purpose of the Sharingan. Itachi has more to tell Sasuke and maybe Madara will be there...

I also believe that Itachi has secretly killed Kisame to make sure he wouldn't interfere with his plans. Zetsu will discover his body when Pein cant seem to contact Itachi anymore.

macherie
September 01, 2007, 09:14 AM
Dandy not too sure if you looked at my pic, it was hi-res and was much clearer than that. You can see the clear shapes of the tomoe and is different to your zoomed version. =]

pop_swe
September 01, 2007, 10:18 AM
okay, i've been reading some in this topic and the 368 discussion thread. Several times, this "BH" Theory is mentioned. What does BH mean, and what is the basic concept of this theory?
thx
[hr]
more on-topic, i predict we'll get an update on Naruto & Co. Hebi will move towards the secret ichiha place, and then back to Jiraiya for some more sweet info about the head of akatsuki. Maybe it will end with Konan materializing in front of the frog...

Paradoxicon
September 01, 2007, 01:34 PM
okay, i've been reading some in this topic and the 368 discussion thread. Several times, this "BH" Theory is mentioned. What does BH mean, and what is the basic concept of this theory?
thx
<hr noshade size="1">
more on-topic, i predict we'll get an update on Naruto & Co. Hebi will move towards the secret ichiha place, and then back to Jiraiya for some more sweet info about the head of akatsuki. Maybe it will end with Konan materializing in front of the frog...

BH means Blue Hair, it's Konan, the woman at Pein's side. In a Manga Cover picture where all Akatsuki were shown (some hidden ofc and without faces towards the reader) you could only see that Konan had blue hair and a rose in her hair.

crispy1083
September 01, 2007, 02:25 PM
I think Jiraiya may have a terrible time fighting Konan, for one important reason:

She left her cloak behind when she turned into paper.

The dirty old man will be bug-eyed the entire fight.

Tias
September 01, 2007, 02:53 PM
Uh no dude....it was her skin ''peeling'' off from her..well paper to be correct <_<

akatsuki27
September 01, 2007, 03:28 PM
i think her body including her cloak turned into the butterfly....if you noticed closely, her rose also turned into a butterfly so i think that everything that was in contact with her turned into paper....also the cloak wasnt on the floor was it??

gphjr14
September 01, 2007, 03:54 PM
the cloak became paper as well on page 188 (pg 14 from my download) you can see it disappearing and becoming paper. i'm guessing she's another artist like deidara. probably revolves more around cutting and smashing the target rather than blowing them up

jodi
September 01, 2007, 03:54 PM
would be very nice if she appears naked in front of Jiraya and then she put some clothes on
wow, i just thought of it and it would be a nice hentai =]

but indeed, I think that konan is not a match to Jiraya and Pain neither
maybe when Jiraya look at Pain and yells for Naruto, he(Pain) will get some mental problems and Madara willl have to intervain(i have no idea if this word exists.)

Emmanra
September 01, 2007, 04:19 PM
I think Jiraiya may have a terrible time fighting Konan, for one important reason:

She left her cloak behind when she turned into paper.

The dirty old man will be bug-eyed the entire fight.

yeah even though she wont be naked i think jiraya's weakness is beautiful women period.
and there is no back up. No one but Tsunade knows where' at. Hopefully a toad will find naruto and tell him that his sensai died. forgive me i cant spell nor will i improve

topkomputer
September 01, 2007, 09:50 PM
For those who misunderstood Sasuke looking like he had Mangekyou in Chapter 368(including myself >.>), here's a nice screenshot by yours truly, comparing his current sharingan(zoomed in 100000 times,real blur) to Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan!

On the contrary, I wish he died. There hasn't been any important character that died beside Haku and Zabuza. Too bad the mangaka cancel Gaara death.

Osiris
September 02, 2007, 12:19 AM

not saying Sasuke has Mangekyou
but it doesn't have to look like Kakashi's to be Mangekyou

after all Kakashi's doesn't look like Itachi's
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2666/180pxitachimangekyoushasw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dandy65
September 02, 2007, 09:08 AM
Dandy not too sure if you looked at my pic, it was hi-res and was much clearer than that. You can see the clear shapes of the tomoe and is different to your zoomed version. =]

Yeah I saw it xD But blurring happens when zoom is used... :| "Tomoe" sounds like a person's name :O

On the contrary, I wish he died. There hasn't been any important character that died beside Haku and Zabuza. Too bad the mangaka cancel Gaara death.

Fine o.o
[hr]

not saying Sasuke has Mangekyou
but it doesn't have to look like Kakashi's to be Mangekyou

after all Kakashi's doesn't look like Itachi's
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2666/180pxitachimangekyoushasw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fine o.o

------

This is weird. I press EDIT and I can change the stuff directly from this page! :O

------

I hope there's more content in the next chapter, considering there hasn't been anything good/new other than Konan's skill...

Seranel N'Ryt
September 02, 2007, 09:42 AM
paper konan(;;;) will find jiraiya

hmm.. anyway jiraiya must go out that frog. he will be discovered that time.
and pain attack him

uchiha's hidden force... is it in konoha?

Imperium
September 02, 2007, 09:46 AM
This is weird. I press EDIT and I can change the stuff directly from this page! :O

Your post cracked me up dandy:p .

But anyway i hope the paper lady doesn't find jiraiya before he finishes interrogating those shinobi, but i'm also wondering how Paper lady (Konan) finds people, does she sense their chakra?? or just flies around looking for somebody suspicious???

Uchiro
September 02, 2007, 11:14 AM
"Tomoe" sounds like a person's name :O

Tomoe is actually the name of Himura Kenshin's first wife from Rurouni Kenshin, but I'm not only off topic now, I'm off Manga's as well XD

Jiraiya wouldnt be distracted by an attractive criminal, so he would have no problem fighting with Konan. I'm sure he might comment on teh hottness, but thats it. Remember when Itachi used genjutsu on a random town hottie to draw Jiraiya away from naruto, when Itachi first appeared in part 1, Jiraiya claimed he saw right through theyre ruse, and he carried the unconsious woman over his shoulder. Then Itachi and Kisame ran away calling for their mommas!

maxhrk
September 02, 2007, 11:24 AM
Tomoe is actually the name of Himura Kenshin's first wife from Rurouni Kenshin, but I'm not only off topic now, I'm off Manga's as well XD

Jiraiya wouldnt be distracted by an attractive criminal, so he would have no problem fighting with Konan. I'm sure he might comment on teh hottness, but thats it. Remember when Itachi used genjutsu on a random town hottie to draw Jiraiya away from naruto, when Itachi first appeared in part 1, Jiraiya claimed he saw right through theyre ruse, and he carried the unconsious woman over his shoulder. Then Itachi and Kisame ran away calling for their mommas!

Jiraiya is made of pure win. Even Konan will find Jiraiya hot. (Then that when Pein lost other akatsuki member too!)

Just you wait, Jiraiya will show his true power that will make Konan fall for him! That my humour prediction for next chapter! XD

Imperium
September 02, 2007, 11:34 AM

:offtopic The tomoe thing, got me interested and here is the wikipedia link explaining what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoe :) :offtopic2

Jiraiya is made of pure win. Even Konan will find Jiraiya hot. (Then that when Pein lost other akatsuki member too!)

that would be so cool, it will be like konan finds him and then he will crack some oh so cheesy chat up line:D

gold349
September 02, 2007, 11:37 AM
Jaria cant die he is cool? what cool guys dont die? COME ON!! any way i like jaria i think he will do his thing and get out of there before he's tracked,

yonjuushichi
September 02, 2007, 01:51 PM
Im sure Jiraiya won't die, he is one of the most inspiring characters in manga, and his true abilities are bound to be shown soon. I believe he's gonna defeat BH (not kill) so he will be able to threaten her brother - Pein, (Yes, I have no doubt they're siblings :P ) in order to "gather more information"

Krisel
September 02, 2007, 02:39 PM
Jiraya is goin get some shocking answers.Konan is goin to find him easily and engage him.Jiraya will do smth to escape but it will fail and itll skip to another part that will show like/that Jiraya is dead/or maybe they put him in prison.But in my opinion,it'll be shit if Jiraya died.
Aaahh for gods sake! That means,no more icha icha novels!!!

tobz
September 02, 2007, 02:46 PM
lets face fact jariaya will die and he said he will put his life on the line too save naruto.

i predict every single ninja in his year group and kakashi, wood guy, garra and tsunade will come to protect naruto
i just cant wait too see it!!!!
maybe the whole village naruto sees this gets fired up and beats the living beep out of pein and then tobi appreas....

Tias
September 02, 2007, 03:48 PM
Funny thing is...why would ANYone think sasuke had mangekyou....yet atleast?
he finished of that clone. or what ever he was up against there.....and didn't know it was one? with even the ''mangekyou'' sharingan?
and why would he have it AFTER the fight?
If sasuke ever got something importent as the mangekyou.....i reaaaaaly think...and bet my mnoey on that we would see some full page or even spread page about sasuke activating his mangekyou......

so chill everybody -_-

we whont be seeign sasuke for a few chapters T_T
since the upcoming ones will be about the old pervert vs Pein or something

QMark
September 02, 2007, 03:59 PM
Next chapter, we may get a confrontation between Jiraiya and Konan. Probably at the end of the chapter. Seeing as how Jiraiya's biggest weakness is women, it will be fitting that she may be his first opponent. Notice how I said first opponent and not last.

Naruto and Co regroup. Itachi may have told Naruto something that he can relay to the others. Doubtful but its still a possibility I guess.

puma
September 02, 2007, 04:05 PM
As long as jiraiya does not fall for any perverted ninjitsu, he should be ok. But then again, its jiraiya. Anything can happen with him. I know majority support his predicted death, but pls not at the hand of Konan.

Jinoh
September 02, 2007, 04:19 PM
Funny thing is...why would ANYone think sasuke had mangekyou....yet atleast?
he finished of that clone. or what ever he was up against there.....and didn't know it was one? with even the ''mangekyou'' sharingan?
and why would he have it AFTER the fight?
If sasuke ever got something importent as the mangekyou.....i reaaaaaly think...and bet my mnoey on that we would see some full page or even spread page about sasuke activating his mangekyou......

so chill everybody -_-

we whont be seeign sasuke for a few chapters T_T
since the upcoming ones will be about the old pervert vs Pein or something

seems like itachi can use his sharingan to manipulate sasuke's sharingan...
>_< quite the dangerous brother you have there..

jmitchell
September 02, 2007, 04:46 PM
Coupla things.
1. I think the Uchiha hideout is the place where Sasuke met up with the weird cats.
2. We still are in the dark as to what is in the black data book that Kabuto left behind. Now that we know the names of Narutos parents and the names of the AL and BH, maybe the databook will contain something interesting.
3. I find it interesting that Pein's underlings said that he might actually have to leave the village. This is probably why they have always shown the AL "remoting" to wherever they were extracting the bijuu. (I wonder if the remote communication is a jutsu, or just something else)

So as far as predictions, I hope we see some more of Naruto, either back in Konoha ginving the data book to Tsunade, or a recap meeting deciding where to go next. I also hope we see another Itachi and Sasuke encounter. Also, Jiraiya will not tickle the people, but the frogs insides to get the frog to emit some digestive juices to torture the guys he has captured.

cinamax
September 02, 2007, 08:08 PM
Is it just me, or is it not obvious that Pein has the ability to kill anybody in an instant who stands within range of his rain ?

heiky0711
September 02, 2007, 09:14 PM

True. The fact is we don't know how the jutsu works. Which we should see it in this upcoming chapter.

gphjr14
September 02, 2007, 09:26 PM
Is it just me, or is it not obvious that Pein has the ability to kill anybody in an instant who stands within range of his rain ?

i think its just you, we haven't seen him kill anybody so we really don't know what his powers are, besides calling forth storms. he could use the storms to distract or like you said kill them in an instant. but i don't think anythings obvious except he has weird eyes and power over rain

heiky0711
September 02, 2007, 11:00 PM
i think its just you, we haven't seen him kill anybody so we really don't know what his powers are, besides calling forth storms. he could use the storms to distract or like you said kill them in an instant. but i don't think anythings obvious except he has weird eyes and power over rain

I just want to add to that point. Since we haven't seen Pein fight yet but only some of his jutsus. I'm hoping that we get to know how he build the Akatsuki organisation and why all the s-rank criminals obeyed him instead of fighting against him. I also think that it's possible that the akatsuki organisation is build from the rain village itself and act as a spy ( or something! :?) to obtain greater power that even the rain villagers themselves don't know what's going on because noticed the 2 ninjas wearing the headbands with crossings. If i rewind back during the chuunin exams, there are 3 hidden rain shinobies who wore the headbad without the crossings which could be a clue as well. Also Jiraiya said that the country is divided into 2 parts which supports my previous sentences. Hopefully we'll get to know who Pain is and how he brought the organization. :)

llamapie
September 03, 2007, 01:35 AM
I just want to add to that point. Since we haven't seen Pein fight yet but only some of his jutsus. I'm hoping that we get to know how he build the Akatsuki organisation and why all the s-rank criminals obeyed him instead of fighting against him. I also think that it's possible that the akatsuki organisation is build from the rain village itself and act as a spy ( or something! :?) to obtain greater power that even the rain villagers themselves don't know what's going on because noticed the 2 ninjas wearing the headbands with crossings. If i rewind back during the chuunin exams, there are 3 hidden rain shinobies who wore the headbad without the crossings which could be a clue as well. Also Jiraiya said that the country is divided into 2 parts which supports my previous sentences. Hopefully we'll get to know who Pain is and how he brought the organization. :)

One problem here.. Pein is not the Akatsuki leader, well he is as a face man. The true leader is tobi/madara. We will see alot of explainations on whats going on in the rain and all that. I don't predict any fighting next chapter alot of talking and in the end confrontations about to begin. Looks like kishi is bringing space-time jutsu into the mix which will likely explain Yondaime's teleportation techniques.

Jiraiya is inside a tiny toad now interrogating 2 people. :P .. that is such a perfect way to hide.. who would suspect the insides of such a small creature?

10sarg
September 03, 2007, 03:06 AM
I think itachi is going to lure naruto to the meeting place also so when he pown's sasuke he simply says to beat me you must achieve MS oh and look i have a gift for you and then naruto appears.

The reason i think itachi will pown sasuke is simple he did nothing what so ever in there previous fight but still survived, the guy has skills sasuke cant even dream of yet!!! i mean the whole crow thing for one.

woefdram
September 03, 2007, 05:40 AM
i think the frog will eat one of the butterflies, stupid isn't it

bennibb
September 03, 2007, 05:50 AM

haha nice thats actually not a bad predict at all. A lucky strike for Konan to find Jiraya. Cant see how she could find him in there unless he gets out or she has some of Karins skills

Iwanin
September 03, 2007, 07:32 AM
I know this might sound stupid, but isn't Konan a male name (maybe I'm relating it to Conan the barbarian)?

Actually, it isn't. 小南, or "Small South", is... probably just a name made up by Kishi. No relation to Conan The Barbarian or "Schwartzy."

Hidan did more than just kill Asuma. He single-handedly defeat the 2-tails (We know he finished it off and from the way Hidan scolded Kakuzu during the Asuma fight, I can tell Hidan fought it by himself). Hidan also defeat the monk. In that fight, I'm not sure how much Kakuzu helped, but I definitely know Hidan finished him off. Then Hidan killed Asuma.

I think it's fair to say he's the weakest, in as much as he's the absolute dumbest

The thought crossed my mind too. I wonder what would happen to Konan then?

Anyway, I predict Jiraiya will use the feather to tickle the inside of the frog's stomach, causing it to contract and or secret acid, which will scare the shit out of his two captives. I predict they'll spill their guts real soon, and we'll find out just when Pein came to power in Amegakure and what of his past is unknown.

Koen
September 03, 2007, 09:14 AM

Haha, that would be very funny and then spitting it out because it's made of paper?

Well you never know, but I wouldn't be suprised for that coming true

Ichigo
September 03, 2007, 09:38 AM
I just want to point out that we don't even know how badaSs Jiriaya-dono is. i really hope ero-senin comes out alive!!!!!!

DBC
September 03, 2007, 10:22 AM
I predict a all talk no action chapter... with insight on whats going on in pein's area, and naruto's group meeting back up...

On the note of whos the weakest akatsuki I'de have to say (imo) Hiden>Sasori

adel123456789
September 03, 2007, 10:49 AM
i predect ether:
1-hibi will meat with the narutos group in his way to the uchiha hidout at konoha and make his group fight with them.
2-(jiraya vs konan) when she finds him becous acording to the ow rain ninja men that pain is going to go anotder contry so pain wont fight jiraya with leavs conan to fight him.

gigantor21
September 03, 2007, 10:53 AM
To be honest, I don't really care about which Akatsuki was weakest. They're all upper-tier ninja, regardless--but in terms of their quality as characters, I think Zetsu is the most boring.

On topic, I really want to see what everyone else is doing. I didn't like seeing the set-up for the interrogation eat up most of the chapter. It would've been better if some of the questioning actually happened, so we'd get a better idea of the situation in the Rain Village right now. Hopefully, we'll get to see the Uchiha hideout in the next chapter.

And about that--it seems as though we're finally going to see what that passage in the secret chamber said. I've been wondering about that since we first saw it, since it seems like it played a role in Sasuke's quest for revenge. It may also give us more insight into Tobi/Madara, too. I can't wait to see it.

heiky0711
September 03, 2007, 10:57 AM
One problem here.. Pein is not the Akatsuki leader, well he is as a face man. The true leader is tobi/madara. We will see alot of explainations on whats going on in the rain and all that. I don't predict any fighting next chapter alot of talking and in the end confrontations about to begin. Looks like kishi is bringing space-time jutsu into the mix which will likely explain Yondaime's teleportation techniques.

Jiraiya is inside a tiny toad now interrogating 2 people. :P .. that is such a perfect way to hide.. who would suspect the insides of such a small creature?

Then again, we might witness Konan's paper jutsu ability such as identifying jiraiya's chakra and the two other shinobies inside the toad. In fact, i think that jutsu might be able to identify every rain village shinobies and she might start to feel that there's something fishy going on inside that toad. It could be a possiblity.

Hockeychaoz
September 03, 2007, 11:11 AM
I read the first page of comments, and noticed something.

Seems people think the toad is huge. I got the impression that the toad shrank when it changed from building to toad. I figured it was just a small toad.

heeros_blood
September 03, 2007, 11:23 AM
BTW ... Frog do eat Butterfly for breakfast, lunch and dinner even if they taste like paper so I predict that Jiraya will pawn Konan.

Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe the butterflies are exactly what Konan needs to detect Jiraiya.. Yes, frog eats butterflies, what if Jiraiya's frog eats one of Konan's butterflies, therefore allowing Konan to locate where Jiraiya is.. then enter PAIN, let the battle begins! PAIN vs JIRAIYA battle to the death hehe.. :p

Raimaru
September 03, 2007, 11:58 AM
I think if he could he would have won the civil war in just 10 seconds.
I believe Pein is also the leader of the rebelling group while the leader of the loyal hidden rain shinobi is a wannabe-kage (wannabe, since he isn't accepted by the kage-rangers..err..big five kages). This leads to 2 possibilities. Number 1 says Pein himself is hell strong (but not strong enough to beat all loyals) and his group is too small to win against the loyal shinobi. Number 2 means Pein isn't that overwhelming strong himself compared to the wannabe-rain-kage, but his group is big enough to be a serious threat to the power balance of hidden rain.
Maybe he initially planned to use Akatsuki to influence the balance in his own village but without letting his own members knowing even a little hint about that. Unfortunately, the masked-guy-with-right-eye-sharingan (wait, how did Kakashi obtain hisMangekyo Sharingan in the first place...? :p ) appeared (maybe out of a hole, eh?) and overtook the perfectly installed organisation and used it for his own targets.

Maybe Orochimaru's failed attempt on obtaining Itachi's sharingan wasn't the only reason for leaving the organisation. Maybe he saw through the moving force of Pein and got a hint of the real leader. He might have become feared of O...err Tobi since he wasn't able to overpower Itachi, who is possibly even weaker than masked-guy-with-right-eye-sharingan. Despite Naruto and the rest of Hidden Leaf he was(/is?) used to know how to avoid an unnecessary dangerous fight. Like the prey&predator thing he brabbeld about during the forest of death arc.

Next thing is Itachi himself. He seems not like a complete psycho to me so there must be a reason for killing his clan and joining Akatsuki. Whenever I think about it, it seems like a voice in his head told him to do. Practially, this would rather be the influence of a single, stronger sharingan, like the one of masked-guy-with-right-eye-sharingan. Seriously, if you would have such badass-eyes of doom, would YOU follow a guy who isn't able to win a little civil war on his own (like Itachi could do, I bet...) and follow his orders without questioning, even after he switched YOUR position (capturing Kyuubi jinchuuriki) with himself. I would feel like being fired. There must be something more about it than being evil

....and I predict we won't see it in the next chapter. :P

(Please don't die, Jiraiya-sama! We need you T_T)

Paradoxicon
September 03, 2007, 01:07 PM
(Please don't die, Jiraiya-sama! We need you T_T)

the more I think about it, the less plausible it is for me that Kishi will let Jiraya die. It's just too obvious. With all his talk about dieing. It's more plausible for Tsunade who is in love with him comes in the last second to rescue him but then dies. Jiraya or Kakashi becomes step-in Hokage until Naruto has cleaned up all the bad guys, not to mention the Rock and Lightning country that will attack konoha once they hear Godaime is dead and so on and so on :D

PredatorNar
September 03, 2007, 01:59 PM
@Raimaru: Civil Wars aren't small. A shinobi can be very very very strong, but if he's going against an army of people and all he has is a few followers, he will most likely lose unless he has some mass-killing jutsu like Yondaime and Gaara have.

Furthermore, Itachi is the last person you'd pick to win a civil war. Sharingan users are at a disadvantage when they go against multiple people. Didn't you hear what Chiyo says? If you can attack a Sharingan user from front and back, you have an advantage over them.

6thHokage
September 03, 2007, 05:22 PM
Furthermore, Itachi is the last person you'd pick to win a civil war. Sharingan users are at a disadvantage when they go against multiple people. Didn't you hear what Chiyo says? If you can attack a Sharingan user from front and back, you have an advantage over them.

thats not a good point, anyone can be attacked front and back leaving everyone at a disadvantage, only the Hyuga have the ability to avoid attacks like that.

dewy
September 03, 2007, 05:35 PM

Actually, if you recall I believe in Deidara flashback? They showed Itachi can single handily go through an army or village, by himself.

PredatorNar
September 03, 2007, 05:39 PM
Actually, if you recall I believe in Deidara flashback? They showed Itachi can single handily go through an army or village, by himself.

I think you are recalling from a spoiler (which turned out to be fake). Like Chiyo said, Sharingan users are at a disadvantage against multiple shinobi.

razielkun1982
September 03, 2007, 06:18 PM
I think you are recalling from a spoiler (which turned out to be fake). Like Chiyo said, Sharingan users are at a disadvantage against multiple shinobi.

There is a part when they show Sasuke sitting on a field packed with shinobi that are lying on the ground after having been defeated by him (he is with Orochimaru) remember? Then that of the sharingan being at a disadvantage when fighting multiple shinobi is relative. If Sasuke can do it then Im pretty sure Itachi can do it too :P

dewy
September 03, 2007, 06:32 PM
Ah yes, probably was, but isn't the disadvantages the same with most shinobi, whether you have sharingan or not?

like the 6thhokage said, only the hyugga clan can see virtually 360 degrees.

The Don
September 03, 2007, 06:57 PM
the more I think about it, the less plausible it is for me that Kishi will let Jiraya die. It's just too obvious. With all his talk about dieing. It's more plausible for Tsunade who is in love with him comes in the last second to rescue him but then dies. Jiraya or Kakashi becomes step-in Hokage until Naruto has cleaned up all the bad guys, not to mention the Rock and Lightning country that will attack konoha once they hear Godaime is dead and so on and so on :D

I do like the theory of Tsunade dying because i think it'd be a great way to introduce someone new. Think about how many strong enemys there are now and how infererior most of the main characters from before the timeskip. The only ones who have made significant progress other than kakashi's team and kakahi himself are neji who lept to jonin altho thats all the evidence for his progress thus far, and also shikamaru who no doubt hasn't shown the full extent of his abilities since few shinobi do unless truly necessasry.

If Tsunade were to die kakashi jiraiya and possibly tanzo would be in contention for hokage however she did state there would be many potential replacements. This would be a great oppourtunity for some never seen before character from say anbu or someonelse who has progressed massivley during the timeskip to step in and take up the role.

Does anyone remember Genma from the chunnin exams? I htink he might have the potential. He fought baki without breakin a sweat even though baki was both powerful enough to own hayate with ease and also be gaaras jounin sensei. Also genma and raido (who seems a bit week to me) survived fighting the enitre sound four in CS2 form, the four themselves admitted they would have lost if it wernt for the seal.

I dont know why but i just want him to pop back into the manga as an absolute beast! In two years who knows how far any of them may have come

PredatorNar
September 03, 2007, 07:10 PM
It's more of a Sharingan user disadvantage, because Sharingan users have their fighting styles centered around the Sharingan so they have to focus on adapt to one of their foes' style at a time. With a normal shinobi, it all depends on their fighting style. lol I'm sure Gaara can take down hordes of shinobi.

With the Sasuke thing, those were low-level foot soldiers and I think Orochimaru was just using them to force Sasuke to become ruthless (didn't work though).

Anywayz, my point is that Chiyo said it, period. Sharingan users are at a disadvantage when fighting multiple shinobi.

Dimitrisama
September 03, 2007, 08:48 PM
@Raimaru: Civil Wars aren't small. A shinobi can be very very very strong, but if he's going against an army of people and all he has is a few followers, he will most likely lose unless he has some mass-killing jutsu like Yondaime and Gaara have.

I agree that Gaara could go against an army of people, and one of the reasons the Sound/Sand invasion at Konoha failed (except the fact that the 3d put the curse on Oro), it was cause they were counting on Gaara to crush konoha's defenses. I believe that Pein with the help of Naruto could crush the enemy faction in one attack. Imagine 1.000 Naruto Kage Bushins do almost 500 Rasengans against an army of mostly average shinobi. And Naruto can recreate another 1000 clones after that. I believe we will see another transition chapter and then finally some action.

rajuchacha
September 04, 2007, 12:20 AM
being strong doesnt mean one would like to be a leader there are examples of people both in naruto world(jiraiya, orochimaru,..) and our world who never wanted to be a rule though they could have if they wanted.

SacredNic
September 04, 2007, 12:51 AM
Hmm.. I don't read too many predictions about Sasuke and Itachi of late .... maybe cos no one seems to care anymore about what happens to him ? :p

I predict that Sasuke will win against Itachi, and kill him .. but then be roped into working for the Akatsuki somehow.

Then again, when I saw the frame where he attacked the clone of Itachi I thought 'You fool! The real one is in disguise as the crow!'

So maybe he hasn't much hope after all :tem

3atman
September 04, 2007, 01:26 AM
i think one way pein's rain justu knows if a inturder invades is cause a shinobi probably uses chakra to reply water and i can see jiraya doing that.

hence pein knowing of that shinobi wether he is pwerfull or a noob

Imperium
September 04, 2007, 01:50 AM
i think one way pein's rain justu knows if a inturder invades is cause a shinobi probably uses chakra to reply water and i can see jiraya doing that.

Well, i was under the impression that it sensed the chakra of the person it landed on, if a shinobi can repel rain then then pein's jutsu would be easy to overcome (just don't repel the rain). So i think it would be more likely that it senses the chakra of the person it lands on because then it will be harder to overcome and avoid which would seem more fitting for pein. :)

Windmillblade
September 04, 2007, 01:51 AM
I think in the next chapter we will cee some more of how jiraiya gets his info. Its been one of the greatest mysteries since he seems to get his info quite quick. His infultration skills and escape skills seem to be incredible. He did almost like orochimaru .Oro had his own world for his transfer jutsu. And jiraiya seems to have his own world in the belly of a frog. Most likely jiraiya will be too swift to get caught and he will become a target for being such a thump at his side.

DBC
September 04, 2007, 03:15 AM
I predict Pein will use is power over rain to create a extremely long drought for the other side of the civil war thus his win :D

Littlewig
September 04, 2007, 08:29 AM
Anywayz, my point is that Chiyo said it, period. Sharingan users are at a disadvantage when fighting multiple shinobi.

Actually, you are getting the wrong message from Chiyo, it's not that sharingan users are at a disadvantage when fighting multiple shinobis, it is the fact they can only be defeated when facing multiple fighters. A sharingan user will ALWAYS have the advantage a 1 to 1 fight.

Anyway, I predict that those butterflies will be used as bait to sniff out any frogs in the village, and frogs that look suspicious will be located and reported back to konan.

This chapter Jiraiya will be discovered and will begin his escape in a daring chase scene across the rain village.

jodi
September 04, 2007, 08:34 AM
Jiraya will f**k the chick, for sure.

ichimatsu
September 04, 2007, 09:01 AM
Actually, you are getting the wrong message from Chiyo, it's not that sharingan users are at a disadvantage when fighting multiple shinobis, it is the fact they can only be defeated when facing multiple fighters. A sharingan user will ALWAYS have the advantage a 1 to 1 fight.

Anyway, I predict that those butterflies will be used as bait to sniff out any frogs in the village, and frogs that look suspicious will be located and reported back to konan.

This chapter Jiraiya will be discovered and will begin his escape in a daring chase scene across the rain village.

no effect on mangankyo sharingan

this chapter we will see conoha team and naruto will tell the others what itachi told him, and the begining of pain biography will be reviled

stinger957
September 04, 2007, 09:18 AM
I'm more interested in what Itachi said to Naruto and Kabuto's "Bible Black" (lol): those two elements were somewhat forgotten after all the "ZOMFG JIRAIYA WILL BE ASSRAPED!!!11111", which I think it is a shame. They are potentially powerful plot devices that can conduct the storyline into something that is really hard to predict if you overanalyze the fighting potential of the characters that are appearing a lot on the last chapters.

In my long-term prediction, I think that the bible black has some info about the cursed seals and the real nature of Orochimaru. This information can reveal one thing or two about Sasuke's real power, and if Oro has the possibility of taking control of Sasuke's body if he is extremely weak or eager for power that surpasses the CS/MS/whatever in order to defeat Itachi (I'm supposing here that he'll fight Itachi [not a bunshin] and will be forced to use 100% of his power in the fight).

About Itachi, I think that he revealed something about Akatsuki to Naruto that will require some changes in Konoha's plans and actions OR something about Sasuke and his thirst for revenge that can be highly prejudicial for him, which will require some cautiousness from Konoha when handling with Konoha's favourite emo (lol²).

matrice
September 04, 2007, 09:58 AM
I'm more interested in what Itachi said to Naruto and Kabuto's "Bible Black" (lol): those two elements were somewhat forgotten after all the "ZOMFG JIRAIYA WILL BE ASSRAPED!!!11111", which I think it is a shame. They are potentially powerful plot devices that can conduct the storyline into something that is really hard to predict if you overanalyze the fighting potential of the characters that are appearing a lot on the last chapters.

In my long-term prediction, I think that the bible black has some info about the cursed seals and the real nature of Orochimaru. This information can reveal one thing or two about Sasuke's real power, and if Oro has the possibility of taking control of Sasuke's body if he is extremely weak or eager for power that surpasses the CS/MS/whatever in order to defeat Itachi (I'm supposing here that he'll fight Itachi [not a bunshin] and will be forced to use 100% of his power in the fight).

About Itachi, I think that he revealed something about Akatsuki to Naruto that will require some changes in Konoha's plans and actions OR something about Sasuke and his thirst for revenge that can be highly prejudicial for him, which will require some cautiousness from Konoha when handling with Konoha's favourite emo (lol²).

I agree that these are very important points, too. I hope that Sasuke won't be overpowered by Orochimaru later in the strory: Orochimaru was a great character, but now he is dead, ended, finished, and his heir is Kabuto, who will somewhat control his powers and will try to take Sasuke's like later in the story. I am interested in the contents of the book that was given to Naruto, maybe it will contain some great secrets about Akatsuki's real plans (the one about world domination was just too obvious, it should be something less predictable). I am looking forward to Sasuke's fight, since against Itachi he will use his power to the fullest: we will see his ultimate tectnique, the one that he would have used against Konhoa's team in Orochimaru's hideout, if he wasn't stopped, and/or the "second option" that he may have used against Deidara. It wiol be a great chance to see his real powers and to adjust the rankings. Althought I bet he si better than Naruto, if he really beats Itachi, then it means that he is at the same level of Kakashi, and conseguentely at hokage-level: when Naruto will reach him (I predict a fight between Naruto and Sasuke) he will be ready to become hokage, too. But naturally Naruto intended to become the strongest one so he should even beat Tobi and his "maybe" brother Pein.

llamapie
September 04, 2007, 11:04 AM
Ok little off current discussion but I noticed everyone is assuming that the only justu pein has shown us has been his control of rain.

Wrong!

Go back.. Pein's other jutsus which he's shown show perfect clone types. High endurance, high chakra, high ability. Kage Henge Bunshin no Jutsu? Back to when Naruto took out Itachi's clone, pretty much the whole Sasori arc. Those were pein's jutsu. To take complete control of someone and turn them into someone else is extremely powerful. The other is the clone traps that team gai ran in to. It also seems that Pein is a master of sealing. I believe he is the one who summons the bijuu statue and he is likely the one who taught all the members the jutsu to seal a bijuu in it. Also he is likely the one who set up the complex 5 point seal to protect their hideout... Anyways ---> It's been a while but kishi has already revealed a good amount of info regarding Pein.

A clone user? Much like naruto, its what the series needed. Someone who uses the same or similar concept to jutsu as Naruto but exceeds him.

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 11:27 AM

Please read the chapters again.. Why would they give the info about Oro's jutsus?!? Kabuto stated that the info on the book is all about AKATSUKI. A-K-A-T-S-U-K-I.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
September 04, 2007, 11:28 AM
Imo: I think the situation in this civil war is much less obvious than what some people think.

First of all, it was made clear before that a ninja of Orochimaru's level could easily take out a village by himself. Add to this the fact that Pein has an army, and the whole situation becomes much less obvious.

From a first glance, you'd think Pein could easily take over the rest of this village by now, but obviously something is stopping him. And in my opinion there are a limited amount of reasons for why this is the case.

One is that the kage loyalists have several ninja strong enough to deal with him, which is possible but sortof questionable. The guy commands akatsuki ffs!

The other possibility is that the kage loyalists have some super ninja on their side on the level of Yondaime x10 who can easily take on whatever Pein sends his way. This is possible, but unlikely for the very fact that it would introduce another type of irrelevant backup character a'la Hiko Seijuuro from Kenshin.

The other reason is much more simple. The other side has already lost and the war itself is a facade to maintain the level of secrecy necessary for Akatsuki to operate without interference. Basically, the kage is dead or a puppet of Pein, and Pein makes sure there are regular armed conflicts through out the city, but no side actually ever wins. This way, he can keep the civil war going on indefinitely.

stinger957
September 04, 2007, 11:34 AM
Please read the chapters again.. Why would they give the info about Oro's jutsus?!? Kabuto stated that the info on the book is all about AKATSUKI. A-K-A-T-S-U-K-I.

Not cool, I liked my theory :[ Well then, the book may now be what people have been waiting to know the true extent of power that Akatsuki has in Naruto's world... And what everyone wants to see: the power scales of the members that haven't fought yet /o\

zidane
September 04, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ok little off current discussion but I noticed everyone is assuming that the only justu pein has shown us has been his control of rain.

Wrong!

Go back.. Pein's other jutsus which he's shown show perfect clone types. High endurance, high chakra, high ability. Kage Henge Bunshin no Jutsu? Back to when Naruto took out Itachi's clone, pretty much the whole Sasori arc. Those were pein's jutsu. To take complete control of someone and turn them into someone else is extremely powerful. The other is the clone traps that team gai ran in to. It also seems that Pein is a master of sealing. I believe he is the one who summons the bijuu statue and he is likely the one who taught all the members the jutsu to seal a bijuu in it. Also he is likely the one who set up the complex 5 point seal to protect their hideout... Anyways ---> It's been a while but kishi has already revealed a good amount of info regarding Pein.

A clone user? Much like naruto, its what the series needed. Someone who uses the same or similar concept to jutsu as Naruto but exceeds him.

you´re absolutly right with that,...i also rememberd that, too...and since Pein is a Specialist in Bunshin using(like naruto) AND in sealing technic´s(like minato,...i mean, he INVENTED the jutsu to seal the kyuubi,...waht a MASTERPIECE!)...you can see a connection between these 3 guys...father and son and ...?

Imo: I think the situation in this civil war is much less obvious than what some people think.

First of all, it was made clear before that a ninja of Orochimaru's level could easily take out a village by himself. Add to this the fact that Pein has an army, and the whole situation becomes much less obvious.

From a first glance, you'd think Pein could easily take over the rest of this village by now, but obviously something is stopping him. And in my opinion there are a limited amount of reasons for why this is the case.

One is that the kage loyalists have several ninja strong enough to deal with him, which is possible but sortof questionable. The guy commands akatsuki ffs!

The other possibility is that the kage loyalists have some super ninja on their side on the level of Yondaime x10 who can easily take on whatever Pein sends his way. This is possible, but unlikely for the very fact that it would introduce another type of irrelevant backup character a'la Hiko Seijuuro from Kenshin.

The other reason is much more simple. The other side has already lost and the war itself is a facade to maintain the level of secrecy necessary for Akatsuki to operate without interference. Basically, the kage is dead or a puppet of Pein, and Pein makes sure there are regular armed conflicts through out the city, but no side actually ever wins. This way, he can keep the civil war going on indefinitely.

i totally agree....nice^^

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 11:40 AM
It's more of a Sharingan user disadvantage, because Sharingan users have their fighting styles centered around the Sharingan so they have to focus on adapt to one of their foes' style at a time. With a normal shinobi, it all depends on their fighting style. lol I'm sure Gaara can take down hordes of shinobi.

With the Sasuke thing, those were low-level foot soldiers and I think Orochimaru was just using them to force Sasuke to become ruthless (didn't work though).

You're all missing the point.. the only disadvantage of a Sharingan user when fighting multiple shinobis.. Is When they are using a Genjutsu. Becasue Sharingan users have to focus on a single enemy thus making the others capable of beating the Genjutsu. Other than that, like Sasuke's case where he beats all of Oro's pawns, they have the advantage because they can see in advance what's going to happen.

bean
September 04, 2007, 11:42 AM
I PREDICT that in chap 369, the focus is going to go back to naruto and gang. Ever since deidara died, kishi seems to be shifting his focus around everywhere. Hopefully he settles down a bit and focuses the story on one group.

The Technical
September 04, 2007, 11:43 AM
you´re absolutly right with that,...i also rememberd that, too...and since Pein is a Specialist in Bunshin using(like naruto) AND in sealing technic´s(like minato,...i mean, he INVENTED the jutsu to seal the kyuubi,...waht a MASTERPIECE!)...you can see a connection between these 3 guys...father and son and ...?

That's an excellent point; I haven't thought of that.

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 11:45 AM
Not cool, I liked my theory :[ Well then, the book may now be what people have been waiting to know the true extent of power that Akatsuki has in Naruto's world... And what everyone wants to see: the power scales of the members that haven't fought yet /o\

Well, you don't have any other choice, do you? It's only your theory, what I'm stating is the FACT, that the book contains info about Akaktsuki only, remember Kabuto's line? "It's all the information we gathered about Akatsuki" (correct me if I'm wrong, thanks) He didn't say that there is info about Sasuke's real power, or Oro's transfer jutsu. Anyways, I don't think I can't convince you, I'm just stating my point, I mean.. FACT.

6thHokage
September 04, 2007, 12:01 PM
hey, this idea sounds wack but what would happen if the Akatsuki members start turning on each other............It seems to already be happening, since those punks told Itachi that his lil bro was dead it looked like Itachi suspected that they were up to something, maybe he intends to disrupt their plans. After all when itachi met with naruto in the forrest i don't think Akatsuki had another meeting between then and the news of sasuke, therefore Itachi should still be on assignment(capture Naruto) and yet he just talks with Naruto, most likely giving him some important information. As for the where abouts of Kisame, maybe Itachi told him some of what's going on and he rebelled(doubt this) or being loyal to Itachi he decides to help Itachi with his own plans. Anyways predicting Kishi is almost impossible so im looking forward to the next chapter :)

bean
September 04, 2007, 12:06 PM
You're all missing the point.. the only disadvantage of a Sharingan user when fighting multiple shinobis.. Is When they are using a Genjutsu. Becasue Sharingan users have to focus on a single enemy thus making the others capable of beating the Genjutsu. Other than that, like Sasuke's case where he beats all of Oro's pawns, they have the advantage because they can see in advance what's going to happen.

if I remember correctly, you can put multiple people under a genjutsu...like during the konoha invasion, everyone in the crowd got put under, no?

zidane
September 04, 2007, 12:11 PM
if I remember correctly, you can put multiple people under a genjutsu...like during the konoha invasion, everyone in the crowd got put under, no?

sure, but thats not the point...heeros_blood was just right with that...Sharingan is NEVER an disadvantage...the only thing is, that you can´t use the common genjutsu ability of it against many people...when there is 2 on 1, then the one that isn´t under the genjutsu can release the other one...but mangekyo sharingan wasn´t known to Chiyo...so even against many people it is effective...PLUS, it has many other ability´s like copying other´s Jutsu´s and Predict your opponents Jutsu....

akatsuki27
September 04, 2007, 12:18 PM
im looking forward to the next chapter as well....it'll be like a tie-in chapter i think, meaning that kishimoto will tie-in some of the stuff he has revealed....for example, if naruto rejoined the group or is still there spaced out after being pwned, how konan's jutsu works in relation to spying, will jiraiya get any useful out of those bottom-feeders who confuse frogs with bars, lol...and so on
[hr]

sure, but thats not the point...heeros_blood was just right with that...Sharingan is NEVER an disadvantage...the only thing is, that you can´t use the common genjutsu ability of it against many people...when there is 2 on 1, then the one that isn´t under the genjutsu can release the other one...but mangekyo sharingan wasn´t known to Chiyo...so even against many people it is effective...PLUS, it has many other ability´s like copying other´s Jutsu´s and Predict your opponents Jutsu....

also, itachi has great skill when it comes to blind spot accuracy as far as shuriken go....look at the flashbacks for his shuriken training with sasuke and how he didnt even have to turn around to nail those naruto bunshins.....he's too complete a ninja

the MS is effective against multiple people but he might not even have to use it cause his fundamentals are perfect....i guess it would also depend on the quality of ninja he is facing

Holland
September 04, 2007, 12:19 PM
hey, this idea sounds wack but what would happen if the Akatsuki members start turning on each other............It seems to already be happening, since those punks told Itachi that his lil bro was dead it looked like Itachi suspected that they were up to something, maybe he intends to disrupt their plans. After all when itachi met with naruto in the forrest i don't think Akatsuki had another meeting between then and the news of sasuke, therefore Itachi should still be on assignment(capture Naruto) and yet he just talks with Naruto, most likely giving him some important information. As for the where abouts of Kisame, maybe Itachi told him some of what's going on and he rebelled(doubt this) or being loyal to Itachi he decides to help Itachi with his own plans. Anyways predicting Kishi is almost impossible so im looking forward to the next chapter :)

Thats right, they did tell him that his brother was dead and he knew he was not, so something is up as to why they would tell him that (didn't want Itachi interfering?). Kissame might just be walking around trapped in a genjutsu or worse...Itachi may have killed him, because he wouldn't want Kissame's loyalty to become a problem, because he knows his brothers not dead...hmmm

Also remember Itachi and Kissame walking around in the rain constantly? That could be Pain's rain and he's keeping tabs on them.

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 12:38 PM

very well said.. period. against other jutsus, Sharingan really is in advantage, but when using it in a genjutsu, it is in disadvantage if the enemy is more than one.. but yeah, Mangekyou is another thing..
[hr]

also, itachi has great skill when it comes to blind spot accuracy as far as shuriken go....look at the flashbacks for his shuriken training with sasuke and how he didnt even have to turn around to nail those naruto bunshins.....he's too complete a ninja

the MS is effective against multiple people but he might not even have to use it cause his fundamentals are perfect....i guess it would also depend on the quality of ninja he is facing

agree.. also, Mangekyou eats a lot of chakra, and gradually drains the users energy after using it.. so, using Mangekyou to its full extents really depends on the situation and the enemy..

bean
September 04, 2007, 12:42 PM
very well said.. period. against other jutsus, Sharingan really is in advantage, but when using it in a genjutsu, it is in disadvantage if the enemy is more than one.. but yeah, Mangekyou is another thing..

what I'm saying is that you guys are forgetting that during the konoha invasion, multiple people were put under a genjutsu...now, I'm not saying your point is wrong, I'm just trying to clear this up because you said that they had to focus on one person only to put them under it. If you can only put one person under, then there had to be as many people as there were in the crowds putting every individual under a genjutsu, right?

zidane
September 04, 2007, 12:46 PM
Thats right, they did tell him that his brother was dead and he knew he was not, so something is up as to why they would tell him that (didn't want Itachi interfering?). Kissame might just be walking around trapped in a genjutsu or worse...Itachi may have killed him, because he wouldn't want Kissame's loyalty to become a problem, because he knows his brothers not dead...hmmm

Also remember Itachi and Kissame walking around in the rain constantly? That could be Pain's rain and he's keeping tabs on them.

they told him, that his brother was dead, because they REALLY believed he was...i mean, deidei´s attack had an 10 kilometers radius...and they also thought that Tobi is dead...so tobi is out of the screen for the others and can build up a new identity, ...at least only Konan and Pein and maybe Itachi knows that he isn´t...tobi/madara can take an advantage out of that...And Itachi knew that his brother wasn´t dead, because he can sense him...or feel him...i guess...well, at least they are brothers...

Also Peins rain must be filled up with Chakra...I´m sure that Itachi knows about Pein´s Jutsu...

Last Point, my theorie about Otobi/madara...he really is Obito...he lost himself(amnesia) and now seeks for the real uchiha power...the one only madara obsessed before...(maybe he even thinks that HE himself is madara...but i guess madara is dead for a long time now...since the kyuubi knew him...)...

what I'm saying is that you guys are forgetting that during the konoha invasion, multiple people were put under a genjutsu...now, I'm not saying your point is wrong, I'm just trying to clear this up because you said that they had to focus on one person only to put them under it. If you can only put one person under, then there had to be as many people as there were in the crowds putting every individual under a genjutsu, right?

the point is, that during the konoha invasion only the villagers were put under a genjutsu...when a genjutsu isn´t pointed on one person, but on many at the same time, then it´s effect isn´t really strong...so only the villagers were put under one (and the idiots, like naruto^^)...also the Sharingan-genjutsu is an eye-jutsu, so you have to watch in his eyes...and during the invasion it was an other form of genjutsu...it was somekind of sealing jutsu (maybe the sound four´s work)

bean
September 04, 2007, 12:52 PM
they told him, that his brother was dead, because they REALLY believed he was...i mean, deidei´s attack had an 10 kilometers radius...and they also thought that Tobi is dead...so tobi is out of the screen for the others and can build up a new identity, ...at least only Konan and Pein and maybe Itachi knows that he isn´t...tobi/madara can take an advantage out of that...And Itachi knew that his brother wasn´t dead, because he can sense him...or feel him...i guess...well, at least they are brothers...

Also Peins rain must be filled up with Chakra...I´m sure that Itachi knows about Pein´s Jutsu...

Last Point, my theorie about Otobi/madara...he really is Obito...he lost himself(amnesia) and now seeks for the real uchiha power...the one only madara obsessed before...(maybe he even thinks that HE himself is madara...but i guess madara is dead for a long time now...since the kyuubi knew him...)...

it's not a fact, but I'm pretty sure that pein told itachi about his brother through his rain. I found it really weird when itachi stepped into the rain and kisame told him he looked like he was crying. Now, it makes sense. Pein told him through the rain, somehow, and that's why itachi knew. He did not, I think, sense that he was alive, because this isn't star wars. I think there's something going on between the two, some common goal. This would suggest that Pein's rain has chakra because itachi would be able to see it and step into it, while kisame would be nonethewiser. And the obito/tobi thing, buddy, wrong thread, so yesterday, and let it go. I believe it myself...but come on.

zidane
September 04, 2007, 12:59 PM
sorry about the tobi/obito thing...my fault...

but, why do you guys think that itachi also knows about the other face of akatsuki...about the two groups ( Pein , Konan and Madara are on an other level)...just because he has the sharingan and can see trough things? oh come on...don´t you think that Pein exectly knows that itachi is capable of`?...i mean, we haven´t any clues, that itachi is also in this leader-group...he might have his own goals, but he has no idea what really is going on with akatsuki...

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 01:04 PM

Yup, I got your point, and it's not wrong either. But that's not the topic here.

That's why I said Sharingan users, I did not generalize because there are other type of genjutsus that can be performed without making the enemy look into someone's eyes, like the one's your pointing out during the konoha invasion.

The genjutsu that chiyo is referrring that time is the Sharingan, not the one during the Konoha invasion. Meaning, she knows that Sharingan users can only trap a single person in their genjutsu, that's why it's a disadvantage if the user has more than 1 enemy. Because if Itachi can trap more than 1, then he can just trap Naruto, Kakashi, Chiyo and Sakura in genjutsu at the same time.

I'll repeat. We're talking about genjutsu using Sharingan, not the Konoha invasion.

bean
September 04, 2007, 01:08 PM
sorry about the tobi/obito thing...my fault...

but, why do you guys think that itachi also knows about the other face of akatsuki...about the two groups ( Pein , Konan and Madara are on an other level)...just because he has the sharingan and can see trough things? oh come on...don´t you think that Pein exectly knows that itachi is capable of`?...i mean, we haven´t any clues, that itachi is also in this leader-group...he might have his own goals, but he has no idea what really is going on with akatsuki...

to tell you the truth, I don't know what's going on in akatsuki...I mean, there aren't that many people left, so I don't know what the point would be in keeping some people out of the loop. I mean, if tobi, pein, and konan are a clique, why would they keep their secret from zetsu, itachi and kisame? If Pein and Itachi are in special kahoots, what would be the point of not telling the others? What's the point of tobi/madara hiding from the other three? If the whole group were still alive, I would understand him being sneaky about his identity, but if it's just to hide from itachi...that's kind of lame. I dunno, I hope some of this is cleared up in the next few chapters.
[hr]

Yup, I got your point, and it's not wrong either. But that's not the topic here.

That's why I said Sharingan users, I did not generalize because there are other type of genjutsus that can be performed without making the enemy look into someone's eyes, like the one's your pointing out during the konoha invasion.

The genjutsu that chiyo is referrring that time is the Sharingan, not the one during the Konoha invasion. Meaning, she knows that Sharingan users can only trap a single person in their genjutsu, that's why it's a disadvantage if the user has more than 1 enemy. Because if Itachi can trap more than 1, then he can just trap Naruto, Kakashi, Chiyo and Sakura in genjutsu at the same time.

I'll repeat. We're talking about genjutsu using Sharingan, not the Konoha invasion.

yeah, I see your point. I just find it odd that a sharingan isn't capable of effectively putting more than one person under a genjutsu. Seems that it would be more able to do so, but then again, naruto was able to do a kage bunshin but couldn't do a henge to save his life.

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 01:16 PM
yeah, I see your point. I just find it odd that a sharingan isn't capable of effectively putting more than one person under a genjutsu. Seems that it would be more able to do so, but then again, naruto was able to do a kage bunshin but couldn't do a henge to save his life.

Yeah Naruto should have used henge, maybe Sexy No Jutsu.. who knows, maybe Itachi will fall for that one too hehe.. *Nosebleed*

matrice
September 04, 2007, 02:05 PM
I would really love to see Hinata's and Shino's progresses after the time-skip: we have seen Kiba's and Shino's tecnique quite often comparing to Hinata's: Shino fought in the tournament and then against Kankuro, Shiba in the tourament and then against Ukon/Sakon. Hinata has fought only once, against Neji, and everyone loved her for her courage, but that was in the very beginning of the manga. Then we have seen taht she made a vote to become very strong and to train harder, but we have never seen her in action. Man, this character has written "power up" over her head since the very beginning.

bean
September 04, 2007, 02:14 PM
I would really love to see Hinata's and Shino's progresses after the time-skip: we have seen Kiba's and Shino's tecnique quite often comparing to Hinata's: Shino fought in the tournament and then against Kankuro, Shiba in the tourament and then against Ukon/Sakon. Hinata has fought only once, against Neji, and everyone loved her for her courage, but that was in the very beginning of the manga. Then we have seen taht she made a vote to become very strong and to train harder, but we have never seen her in action. Man, this character has written "power up" over her head since the very beginning.

yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she was capable of giving neji a run for his money now. I really like her alot with short hair, not so much with the long, but I can't wait for her to get into the lime light again.

narutokuro
September 04, 2007, 02:21 PM
Interesting!!

I was re-reading the manga where sasuke met the 9 tails. If you carefully read between the lines he stated 2 things. 1) That his eyes were cursed like Uchiha Madra letting the readers know that the 9 tails fought uchiha madra. 2) Not to kill naruto. Sasuke would regret it. <<Reading between the lines, its possible that in killing naruto sasuke would gain the MS, possibily within range to being controlled by the spirit of Uchiha Madra like itachi.

I then went back and read when Yamoto first took over Team 9. His cells allow him to control the 9 tails (as stated in the manga). The only person to do that since him was the First. We may then deuce that during the "Battle over Konoha" between the First and Uchiha Madra, the first may have used the 9 tails. Makes since thats where the 9 tails met U.Madra.

My theory is that Sasuke will not get a chance to kill Itachi in the next chapter(s) because it will only put him under the control of U. Madra. Expect Kisame to slay itachi.

Tias
September 04, 2007, 02:34 PM
LoL....i dont think so....but it does seem like Tobi has plans with sasuke's ''growth''

bean
September 04, 2007, 02:41 PM
Interesting!!

I was re-reading the manga where sasuke met the 9 tails. If you carefully read between the lines he stated 2 things. 1) That his eyes were cursed like Uchiha Madra letting the readers know that the 9 tails fought uchiha madra. 2) Not to kill naruto. Sasuke would regret it. <<Reading between the lines, its possible that in killing naruto sasuke would gain the MS, possibily within range to being controlled by the spirit of Uchiha Madra like itachi.

I then went back and read when Yamoto first took over Team 9. His cells allow him to control the 9 tails (as stated in the manga). The only person to do that since him was the First. We may then deuce that during the "Battle over Konoha" between the First and Uchiha Madra, the first may have used the 9 tails. Makes since thats where the 9 tails met U.Madra.

My theory is that Sasuke will not get a chance to kill Itachi in the next chapter(s) because it will only put him under the control of U. Madra. Expect Kisame to slay itachi.

we don't know if kyuubi ever fought madara, we just know that he knows of him. Probably told him not to kill naruto because he then might have to deal with the kyuubi itself...don't know how, but he didn't say anything besides don't kill naruto, you'll regret it. Also, that madara fighting the shodaime is a theory, not a fact...so we can't DEDUCE anything about that. And yamato and shodaime can't control the kyuubi, they can only supress it.

The Flash
September 04, 2007, 02:44 PM
About Konan.. shes doing a move that has to do with Paper..wood..

Is she a mokuton user...doubt it. But I definitely would like to see more of Konan's ability.

jodi
September 04, 2007, 03:19 PM
we don't know if kyuubi ever fought madara, we just know that he knows of him. Probably told him not to kill naruto because he then might have to deal with the kyuubi itself...don't know how, but he didn't say anything besides don't kill naruto, you'll regret it. Also, that madara fighting the shodaime is a theory, not a fact...so we can't DEDUCE anything about that. And yamato and shodaime can't control the kyuubi, they can only supress it.

why do people keep saying that Madara fought Shodaime?
where did they get that?

zidane
September 04, 2007, 03:24 PM
out of their mind...it´s not mentioned in the manga...there even isn´t a single clue to that theorie...but there are a lot theorie´s like that^^...

at least this is a prediction thread, isn´t it? so just take it as, that they are sayin´ that it will be revealed in the next chapter...

ET3RNAL
September 04, 2007, 03:39 PM
I think they're referring to the two statues at the Valley of the End. One was the Shodaime, but the other I'm not sure. I'm guessing it was Madara.

Imperium
September 04, 2007, 03:50 PM
I think they're referring to the two statues at the Valley of the End. One was the Shodaime, but the other I'm not sure. I'm guessing it was Madara.

Yes, thats probably what they mean, Since kakashi compared the two statues to naruto and sasuke the wild theorists went haywire :amuse. But since it hasn't been mentioned who the other person is in the manga therefore it should not be used as a source for all we know it could be the shodaime and nidaime. :)

jodi
September 04, 2007, 03:55 PM
those two statues on the valley of the end, its kinda of obvious that it was two kage fighting, because it cuts two countries
so, it was probably a fight for the land

Imperium
September 04, 2007, 04:02 PM
those two statues on the valley of the end, its kinda of obvious that it was two kage fighting, because it cuts two countries
so, it was probably a fight for the land

It doesn't necessarily have to be two kage fighting, it could also be two shinobi at the kage level fighting.

but to stay on-topic, i am gonna make a new prediction, we will probably see naruto regroup with the konoha shinobi and see jiraiya finally get information from the two shinobi (ie whihc will basically be the situation in amegakure and whats happening to the shinobi of that village), and the chapter will probably end later in a cliff-hanger (as usual) about pein's past or what his motives are. :)

Hockeychaoz
September 04, 2007, 06:53 PM
Here's hoping that if Jirayia is gonna die, at least he gives us a kick ass fight before hand.

I figure whats gonna happen is that Jirayia is gonna find something unbelievable out, and send a frog to the leaf villiage. Jirayia will fight pein and conan and die.

narutokuro
September 04, 2007, 06:58 PM
Konan vs Shino? Butterflies vs Bugs? Future fight?

Not so fast obi wan. Kishi doesn't make it that easy. Dream matches in naruto come out no where like kimmiaru vs Lee (gaara). I feel you though. There should've been no reason why there wasn't a Sai vs Deidra match. Art vs Art. But alass tis the world we live in.

Holland
September 04, 2007, 07:06 PM
Interesting!!

I was re-reading the manga where sasuke met the 9 tails. If you carefully read between the lines he stated 2 things. 1) That his eyes were cursed like Uchiha Madra

Eyes....maybe he had two in the beginning and is not Obito...maybe mistranslated from eye. You know Sasuke has to be a container for something, see as Madara is so interested in his growth and potential.

AngryChubbs
September 04, 2007, 08:45 PM
maybe sasuke is going to be the final container for all the demons akatsuki is collecting...stupid idea but it could be kinda cool if they do it. talk about ultimate ninja.

ornis
September 04, 2007, 08:48 PM
I had that idea, but its sake was to express a potential parallel between Naruto and Akira: Tetsuo ---> Sasuke

kcarillo
September 04, 2007, 09:10 PM

Good Question. they have their forehead protector scratched out simply because Pein is a also the leader of a rebellion in the rain village. usually rebels want to overthrow the current goverment they are in. thus the scratched forehead protector is a symbol of their rebellion, wanting nothing to do with the current rain village. Same as akatsuki members, though they are not rebelling to their former country their scratched forehead protector is a symbol of them separating themselves from their village.

just my opinion.. ^_^:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
[hr]
i think what'l happen next kishi will focus more on naruto. and give a bit of history again of naruto's origins
[hr]

Interesting!!

I dont think shodai(1st) hokage would have used the kyuubi because the kyuubi is evil.. what maybe is that Uchiha Madara made a deal with the kyuubi to give him more powers(for a certain purpose. this is a major spoiler msg me if you want to know.) and gained the power of KATON JUTSU's. It would actually be a perfect match shodai being able to suppress the kyuubi's powers. so my "theory" is madara is the one who used kyuubi, and shodai developed a power to suppress it.

^_^

Hockeychaoz
September 04, 2007, 09:24 PM
Good Question. they have their forehead protector scratched out simply because Pein is a also the leader of a rebellion in the rain village. usually rebels want to overthrow the current goverment they are in. thus the scratched forehead protector is a symbol of their rebellion, wanting nothing to do with the current rain village. Same as akatsuki members, though they are not rebelling to their former country their scratched forehead protector is a symbol of them separating themselves from their village.

just my opinion.. ^_^:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
<hr noshade size="1">
i think what'l happen next kishi will focus more on naruto. and give a bit of history again of naruto's origins
<hr noshade size="1">

I dont think shodai(1st) hokage would have used the kyuubi because the kyuubi is evil.. what maybe is that Uchiha Madara made a deal with the kyuubi to give him more powers(for a certain purpose. this is a major spoiler msg me if you want to know.) and gained the power of KATON JUTSU's. It would actually be a perfect match shodai being able to suppress the kyuubi's powers. so my "theory" is madara is the one who used kyuubi, and shodai developed a power to suppress it.

^_^

Only problem with that is that the power to control the kyubii was in Shodai's DNA. Which would technically make it a bloodline limit. O_o So you can't really develop something like the sharingan right? So he had to have had the power beforehand?

Zah, too confusing.

narutokuro
September 04, 2007, 09:26 PM

^_^

Nice theory on that one. I'm just waiting impatiently for the backstory about shodai to be revealed. You know that waterfall fight between him and (who i believe to be) U. Madara, it will make one awesome movie! My friend thinks that kakashi gaiden will be a shippuuden movie as well.

Hockeychaoz
September 04, 2007, 09:48 PM
Nice theory on that one. I'm just waiting impatiently for the backstory about shodai to be revealed. You know that waterfall fight between him and (who i believe to be) U. Madara, it will make one awesome movie! My friend thinks that kakashi gaiden will be a shippuuden movie as well.

Lol, well lets hope Obito never becomes important then. As no one who watches the anime will have any idea who he is, or why he's important if they don't see the movie.

heeros_blood
September 04, 2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, thats probably what they mean, Since kakashi compared the two statues to naruto and sasuke the wild theorists went haywire :amuse. But since it hasn't been mentioned who the other person is in the manga therefore it should not be used as a source for all we know it could be the shodaime and nidaime. :)

im guessing the other one is not nidaime.. nidaime has a metal in hid head, like yamato, and his hair is short and spiky.. while the statue's hair looks like a combination of Sasuke's and Itachi's hair.. so maybe there is a strong possiblity to the theory that the statues in the Valley of the end is indeed Shodai and Madara..

Hemostrat
September 04, 2007, 11:57 PM
The statue's hair reminds me of Dosu's :p

Paradoxicon
September 05, 2007, 05:35 AM

^_^

I think Madara used the Sharingan to control the Kyubi. We saw Sasuke blocking the Kyubi in Naruto and how Sasuke was able to cast genjutsu on something as powerful as Manda. The ultimate Sharingan user might have had the power to control Bijuu. Thus the Sharingan power > Kyubi power aka it's more "sinister" than Kyubi itself.
Shodai had the ability to surpress Bijuu power thus he was the only one able to stop Madara by taking out the Kyubi and beating Madara 1on1 in the Valley.

heiky0711
September 05, 2007, 09:45 AM
I think Madara used the Sharingan to control the Kyubi. We saw Sasuke blocking the Kyubi in Naruto and how Sasuke was able to cast genjutsu on something as powerful as Manda. The ultimate Sharingan user might have had the power to control Bijuu. Thus the Sharingan power > Kyubi power aka it's more "sinister" than Kyubi itself.
Shodai had the ability to surpress Bijuu power thus he was the only one able to stop Madara by taking out the Kyubi and beating Madara 1on1 in the Valley.

Just want to clarify things up. Those statues at the Valley End. I know want of them is shodai but i'm not sure the other one is it nidaime or madara ? because kakashi said that the fate of those statues are similar to NaruSasu. And another thing, kakashi also said that those statues had to went through the hard times to built konoha. It's episode 134 anime ( i love this eps n imstill gonna watch it again n again :) )

Schabrak
September 05, 2007, 09:49 AM

theory crafting *pah* Someone like the Hokage would never take out the worst possible monster to fight someone, risking the life of his people.

Just want to clarify things up. Those statues at the Valley End. I know want of them is shodai but i'm not sure the other one is it nidaime or madara ? because kakashi said that the fate of those statues are similar to NaruSasu. And another thing, kakashi also said that those statues had to went through the hard times to built konoha. It's episode 134 anime ( i love this eps n imstill gonna watch it again n again :) )

I think that this two were fighting against each other. The right one is Shodaime, while the other is no one we know.(maby Madara...)

kcarillo
September 05, 2007, 07:20 PM
ok ok ... i'll let thing be more clearer for you guys. here's a major on the origins of the uchiha clan. its one of the best theory i ever read. and it mught actually be true.

just copy and paste the link to your browser, or just clik on it

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=106576

just to give you a gist on what it is..

-The Uchiha Clan has a big with The Hyuuga clan
-Shodai and Madara were almost Co-Founders of Konoha
- Shodai and Madara were best friends
- Shodai and Madara fought at the valley of the end like naruto and sasuke.
- why itachi killed his clan upon seeing the secret chamber in the uchiha shrine.

hope you like it guys.:)

Jinoh
September 06, 2007, 02:30 AM
ok ok ... i'll let thing be more clearer for you guys. here's a major on the origins of the uchiha clan. its one of the best theory i ever read. and it mught actually be true.

- why itachi killed his clan upon seeing the secret chamber in the uchiha shrine.

ugh... not again the tengu theory...

heiky0711
September 06, 2007, 06:52 AM

Hah ive read this before as well. it's a gud theory and cud possibly be true. :)

Ichigo
September 06, 2007, 08:10 AM
kcarillo, that tengu theory has been around since the beginning of the fillers. so most have heard it b4.

but it seems like we will be left in more mystery with this Pein guy.

Paradoxicon
September 06, 2007, 04:05 PM
theory crafting *pah* Someone like the Hokage would never take out the worst possible monster to fight someone, risking the life of his people.

I said Shodai SUPRESSES the Kyubi that Madara was using to fight for him. Not Shodai using Kyubi's power ;)

ChaosCloud
September 06, 2007, 08:12 PM
jiraiya will remember about his past
XD lol

Decorus
September 06, 2007, 09:23 PM
Shodai could not supress Kyuubi for an extended period of time. From Yammato we have learned the suppression technique uses up a lot of chakra and there is a limit for how long he can do that. Jiriaya's supression seal only worked up to 2 tailed Kyuubi. I doubt Sasuke could maintain a supression of Kyuubi for any real length of time without running out of chakra. The key to that whole Sasuke supressing Kyuubi might be he had serious help from Naruto who was also attempting to bring Kyuubi back onto some form of a leash.

Bhudi-Khan
September 06, 2007, 09:56 PM
yamato is a experiment of the first so to speak, he has limited abilities compared to him, and yamato can control and reverse the transformation of naruto, so maybe the first could stop or supress the kyuubi

m0ji
September 07, 2007, 06:14 AM
yamato is a experiment of the first so to speak, he has limited abilities compared to him, and yamato can control and reverse the transformation of naruto, so maybe the first could stop or supress the kyuubi

where is it stated that he has only "limited" abilities??All i can remember is that someone said he has the same abilities as the first...if they were not as strong as the first ones he still may have to develop them or master them...Also if yamato was kind of a clone of the first...

i d predict those 6 Akatsuki are either clones of the dead members + someone we dont know..cause so far only 5 ex members died that we know of...or its 6 bodies Pain is in control of.Maybe he can like mind control them and use them for his missions...

samsiufan
September 07, 2007, 07:43 AM
I predict Konan will have a hard time spotting Ero sennin....I think the frog actually shrunk so it will look like any other frog and with that amount of tears Pein keeps on crying, frogs will not be uncommon. I think it will spell disaster for Jiraiya if Pein catches up to him.

samsiufan
September 07, 2007, 07:59 AM
I think in the next chapter we will cee some more of how jiraiya gets his info. Its been one of the greatest mysteries since he seems to get his info quite quick. His infultration skills and escape skills seem to be incredible. He did almost like orochimaru .Oro had his own world for his transfer jutsu. And jiraiya seems to have his own world in the belly of a frog. Most likely jiraiya will be too swift to get caught and he will become a target for being such a thump at his side.

Just thinking about this....What if Jiraiya turns out to be a bad guy...I mean, does it not strike anyone that he seems able to track everything that is happening quite easily? What if he has been feeding Konoha information but he is actually an Akatsuki himself?

kluzman
September 07, 2007, 08:30 AM
Just thinking about this....What if Jiraiya turns out to be a bad guy...I mean, does it not strike anyone that he seems able to track everything that is happening quite easily? What if he has been feeding Konoha information but he is actually an Akatsuki himself?

Lol it would be quite funny IMO.. The big flaw in this theory is, if he was Akatsuki himself, Kyuubi would already have been extracted for a long time.. He had so many oportunities to do so ^^

I was thinking that before.. Because it could be that Jiraiya is apart of their group and when he took Naruto away for training its apart of is plan.

I really think if Jiraiya is apart of some badass group. it will be AK. And he wanted naruto alive and strong enough. just like how Itachi wanted sasuke strong enough..

you remember when Naruto and sasuke fought and Jiraiya told him at the bed side that he'll be is teacher etc.. I think both Itachi & Jiraiya wanted naruto & sasuke to be stronger for some Odd reason.. But we will see if that plays out..

Sentou Ryoku
September 07, 2007, 01:03 PM
Just saw the Chinese scanlation...One of the bodies in the end is fat. Meaning, they're not body-copies of Pein. Intriguing....

bean
September 07, 2007, 01:05 PM
I think the symbol on the fat one is "6", right?

can anyone make out the symbols?

ornis
September 07, 2007, 01:08 PM
Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=521128#post521128) are some symbols translated. (Most legible ones)

gundammrw
September 07, 2007, 01:14 PM
Forgive me if this has be said already but from my point of view it seems these six machines and five other bodies are used so that Pein can switch bodies to conceal his identity. This makes it quite interesting in the fact that you never really know what he's going to look like. It also opens up the possibility that if this ability is similar to Orochimaru's it means:
1. Pein can also be immortal
2. He can have a wide range of techniques since each body could have its oh gekkai and chankra type.

Personally this makes it quite interesting. As a fan of the manga and as a cosplayer as well. This means that there can be six difference version of Pein...which is quite a fun idea. ^__^

puma
September 07, 2007, 01:15 PM

Pls dont say such things, they might come true:s
I will just kill myself if he turns out to be a bad guy, then my ghost will hunt Kishi for a long time:notrust

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 01:24 PM
Just saw the Chinese scanlation...One of the bodies in the end is fat. Meaning, they're not body-copies of Pein. Intriguing....

I noticed that as well, I wonder what they are if they're not identical copies of Pein? It's still possible that they are in fact copies, just not identical, but then again, what would be the point if everyone knows that he switches bodies and/or isn't "him", what if he's not switching bodies at all, what if those containers are actual people, not just bodies? Ah! I'll wait for the translation to make any further insane theories.

Namikaze Minatosan
September 07, 2007, 01:32 PM
I think those machines are the servers of Pein's personal blog... :tem

WiredLain
September 07, 2007, 01:35 PM
Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=521128#post521128) are some symbols translated. (Most legible ones)

For now, I'm leaning towards "Chuu" (open sea) for the one next to Ichi, but it's really frustrating not to see it clear. I'll check the High Res raw and see if it's more legible.

Edit: gweh xD I was wayyyy off. The one next to Ichi is ... "Ni" (two, second)

bean
September 07, 2007, 01:35 PM
maybe he uses a different body for each day of the week...that would tie into what the guy said in the last chapter about it not being sunday or some shit...I found that odd last week.

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 01:40 PM
maybe he uses a different body for each day of the week...that would tie into what the guy said in the last chapter about it not being sunday or some shit...I found that odd last week.

I believe he was speaking of it raining, he said "It hasn't rained on any other day". The moment before, he also asked "It isn't Sunday, is it?", inferring that the day he said that, it wasn't Sunday, and Pein doesn't make it rain on any day but Sunday usually, so it was odd that it was raining on that day, especially, as he man said, with such force "almost like a hurricane".

As for the bodies, I doubt that after seeing the big, fat one. Surely someone would notice that Pein gained 50-100 lbs in one day, that body isn't just bigger, it's pretty dang fat. So I doubt that those bodies are the purpose, I believe it's something else. It might be, but like I asked earlier, what would then be the point if everyone knew? Then again, some people say Pein doesn't even exist, so he might only show his body to Konan and Madara. Who knows? I need that damn translation!

samsiufan
September 07, 2007, 01:54 PM
The one he lays down in is "Ichi" (one), the one facing that is "dai" (large, big) I think, the one next to the big body seems to be "Tama" (Jewel), the one facing that I'm unsure, it's too distorted to properly count strokes, and the two others are illegible. - From Wiredlain.

The one next to the big guy must be Tobi because he wears the ring which translates into jewell which was Sasori's I believe.

WiredLain
September 07, 2007, 02:09 PM
Bah, might aswell make a new post. My japanese was way rusty it seems.
Layout:
D C
E B
F A

A = Ichi (one)
B = Ni (two, second)
C = ? Probably San (three)
D = Yon (four)
E = Go (five)
F = Roku (six)

Edit: Saifi's spotted an error, D is indeed Yon.

Saifi
September 07, 2007, 02:12 PM
Layout:
D C
E B
F A

A = Ichi (one)
B = Ni (two, second)
D = San (four)
E = Go (five)
F = Roku (six)

wouldnt D be yon ? (both 3 n 4 cant be san)

i thought someone translated them very differently ! one of you is a lying to us people who dont know japanese !

w8 that was u , okay !

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 02:16 PM
Layout:
D C
E B
F A

A = Ichi (one)
B = Ni (two, second)
D = San (four)
E = Go (five)
F = Roku (six)

Whoa, interesting. It seems were all off on guessing on that one. Now its seems one of two things: the first is that we were correct in assuming it has to do with Pein and his bodies and/or bodies themselves that relate to Pein. Two, that we're all wrong, and those are simply containers for the Akatsuki to sleep in, for whatever reason (they can't just be for sleeping, can they?) and those are the six remaining Akatsuki members of the organization. I think it's the latter, I think we're going way to far into this and that is simply containers for the remaining Akatsuki to sleep/heal/rejuvenate in. The fat one could be Kisame, as he has the biggest body aside from Zetsu (though Zetsu is big at the top, not his torso). The others could be the rest of the members.

Now, this brings up something else; as you can see, all the containers are taken up, this begs the question: If those are the remaining Akatsuki members, what are Itachi and Konan doing in those containers, who we literally just saw moments ago (Naruto time) in a whole other place? Surely they couldn't get there that fast, especially Itachi, Konan is possible, but not Itachi. Clones? Jeez, I don't know, now I'm getting too deep in this. Bah! So confusing, so complicated and intricate. Kishimoto, I wuv you, keeping things interesting, huh?

Sentou Ryoku
September 07, 2007, 02:18 PM
I want it to be a separate fat Akatsuki member...not just fodder backup for Pein. Chouji, Chouza, and Jiroubou can't be the only fat ninjas on Planet Naruto.

nahkampfbiber
September 07, 2007, 02:25 PM
Whoa, interesting. It seems were all off on guessing on that one. Now its seems one of two things: the first is that we were correct in assuming it has to do with Pein and his bodies and/or bodies themselves that relate to Pein. Two, that we're all wrong, and those are simply containers for the Akatsuki to sleep in, for whatever reason (they can't just be for sleeping, can they?) and those are the six remaining Akatsuki members of the organization. I think it's the latter, I think we're going way to far into this and that is simply containers for the remaining Akatsuki to sleep/heal/rejuvenate in. The fat one could be Kisame, as he has the biggest body aside from Zetsu (though Zetsu is big at the top, not his torso). The others could be the rest of the members.The one that wakes up has Pein's strange eyes, so I don't think it's simply the other six Akatsuki "sleeping" there.

It's more like Pein is switching over into another body... and I personally believe it is none other than Hanzou's body.

Saifi
September 07, 2007, 02:27 PM
methinks its different bodies for pein ! not other members , this is probably why noone is even sure who he is or weather he exists !

also his ring says 0 right so if these bodies are 1- 6 .... hmm.. i wonder if other akatsuki members with rings like nort south etc have other bodies too . not to mention there were some colors too !

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 02:28 PM
The one that wakes up has Pein's strange eyes, so I don't think it's simply the other six Akatsuki "sleeping" there.

It's more like Pein is switching over into another body... and I personally believe it is none other than Hanzou's body.

We don't have the translation yet so we don't know what that "other" Pein is saying, but how do you know that's not the same Pein? Yes, it'd be odd to lay down and then get right back up, yet still, we have no proof that it isn't the same Pein, which is why I'd like to know what that Pein is saying, it could answer my question. For all we know, he may be saying "My turn to go" which would infer that it is a different body; or he could be saying "That was a nice rest", which would infer it's the same one, and there's something special about those containers, kind of like a Senzu bean in Draonball, which heals you instantly. Dunno. :darn

Saifi
September 07, 2007, 02:31 PM
i think that is IS a different body , but if u don't want to believe it thats your problem ! I have learned not to w8 for confirmation on a lot of stuff !

adel123456789
September 07, 2007, 02:32 PM
mayby pain is eather clone or a robot

Sentou Ryoku
September 07, 2007, 02:34 PM
The one that wakes up is shown to have a stud underneath his mouth. Dammit Kishi, your panel transition sucks for that page!

Sky9
September 07, 2007, 02:36 PM
yo. I'm not good at reading japanese, but the last page could be the bodies used as
containers for the bijuu's or "sleeping" members of Akatasuki who could be linked to
Pein's brain waves..which is why he's got to sleep in order to link w/ them in a dream
state. maybe, I dunno.
They could be older members who don't want to be awakend until the bijuu's are all captured, or close to it. I'm just goin' off speculation based on the pictures, no trans.
But I'd like to know more on this Hanzou character..I thought
it could've been Uchiha Mandara judging from the weird lookin' eyes.

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 02:37 PM
The one that wakes up is shown to have a stud underneath his mouth. Dammit Kishi, your panel transition sucks for that page!

Haha! I believe it was intentional, it keeps us doing exactly what we're doing now: theorizing. We don't know if that's the same Pein, as I mentioned, or if it's a different Pein in a different body, or if it's Pein at all. I know that last part sounds weird, but suppose it's someone that has the same facial structure and look as Pein, but isn't the actual soul and individual that is "Pein", suppose it's someone else? Ugh, "this is so troublesome"....:p :notrust

Sky9
September 07, 2007, 02:38 PM

yeah that last panel is too dark to see wtf is that!! But one looks like he's about to
wake up.

Fuji
September 07, 2007, 02:40 PM
I think those are multiple bodies that Pein uses. One closes it's eyes and the others all have the symbol of Rain on the bar over the heads. It looks like has multiple bodies!! The eyes look the same as Pein's on the other body.

Sentou Ryoku
September 07, 2007, 02:44 PM
That still doesn't explain the fat one in #6. Could they all have been 'pre-studded' so they'll have his facial decorations when Pein awakens?

lentharius
September 07, 2007, 02:54 PM
I think I remember someone saying that maybe Pein isn't evil? If so that theory was utterly destroyed when the translation came out. Killing people's entire families including babies, dude is a crazy bastard. It's also interesting that he appears to use different bodies, I wonder if he maybe has just captured a bunch of shinobi with different abilities and switches between their bodies depending on the person he's fighting. Either way that's a great cliffhanger for next chapter, wtf is up with Pein, good lord.

WiredLain
September 07, 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I think the purpose of the bodies, given the translation available, is to be able to have one more appropriate for whatever task he sets to do. He knows there's an intruder and switched to one that would be more appropriate to hunt said intruder and capture/kill him, since Konan has the task of locating him.

Sephion
September 07, 2007, 03:07 PM
According to that Guy
Pain is probably from the Fuuma Clan
But there is already a Fuuma clan from the fillers of the Anime i supose
That girl with orange hair, and the other guys with butterfly jutsus

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 03:07 PM
I think I remember someone saying that maybe Pein isn't evil? If so that theory was utterly destroyed when the translation came out. Killing people's entire families including babies, dude is a crazy bastard. It's also interesting that he appears to use different bodies, I wonder if he maybe has just captured a bunch of shinobi with different abilities and switches between their bodies depending on the person he's fighting. Either way that's a great cliffhanger for next chapter, wtf is up with Pein, good lord.

Haha, no shit, holy crap he's one evil guy. That is just completely bad ass right there, wow! I think I found myself my new favorite villain, jeez! He really did "kill him". People say that you can kill a man, but if he was truly important, he will live on through others. Well, Pein really made sure that didn't happen, didn't he? Haha! What a stud. This was a great chapter, Pein is really becoming that "new Orochimaru", but even more ominous and mysterious. I still think Orochimaru is more evil than Pein as of now, but I think that'll change soon enough.

Well, his last words of the chapter didn't reveal which "Pein" that was, or if it was even a different Pein at all. I've come to the conclusion that it was in fact a different Pein, and by one reason only: Kishimoto's little hints. Take a look at this: Pein (the one we always see) lays down, correct? Correct. Well, the next two panels show him closing his eyes, right? Well, take a look at the lighting, there is light hitting his face from the side, because the container isn't closed all the way since he just laid down. Now take a look at the one that opens his eyes, look at the lighting now: Whoa! It's all dark. What does that say? The container is closed completely, which is why it's completely black, as opposed to the partial light that is hitting the "real" Pein's face we saw lay down. God this is confusing. Anyway, this lighting makes me think that the Pein that opens his eyes is another body because it's so dark.

UGH! That is so difficult to explain. Either way, I've made my choice, I believe it's a different Pein waking up now. I'm sure Kishimoto did that on purpose, to make us wonder about that. He does give subtle hints, and I think the lighting here is one of them. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I'm hungry...I'm going to go eat an apple now.

Don Lazy
September 07, 2007, 03:08 PM
body switching is lame...i would even prefer for pain to kill jiraya without a scratch as bodyswitching and likely he switch his jutsu too

liquidsky
September 07, 2007, 03:09 PM
He has some sort of telekinesis-esque powers.

The jutsu that allows him to make doubles of Kisame and Itachi out of two entirely different bodies, with the same exact skills... might be "mini" versions of this skill that is allowing him to move freely from one body to another.

and oh ho! and the references to the names "Hanzou" (Hattori Hanzou) and "fuuma" (Fuuma Kotaro). FYI Hattori Hanzou and Fuuma Kotaro are usually depicted as rivals. According to "history" Hanzou died at the hands of Kotaro, how? I dunno.

big_p
September 07, 2007, 03:19 PM
@ liquidsky good catch on the names. i knew i had heard them before.

Also, about killing familes, clients, all that shaz. Well it now makes perfect sense, Pein is Kaiser Soze. Never seen except by those closest to him, always a messenger. Do you think Kishi has ever seen The Usual Suspects?

6thHokage
September 07, 2007, 03:26 PM
hey anyone notice that the last body looks like a fatty? And by the way maybe that tower is some kind of powerplant were he regenerates/charges himself, something like Frankenstein.

liquidsky
September 07, 2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks, there are a lot of common japanese names used in pop culture these names ring loud and clear for me. Also forgot some tidbit, Hanzo was from Iga and Kotaro was from Koga. These two places are supposedly tied in with the birth/development of ninjutsu...

I always treat filler episodes as time paradox....

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 03:29 PM
hey anyone notice that the last body looks like a fatty? And by the way maybe that tower is some kind of powerplant were he regenerates/charges himself, something like Frankenstein.

I actually think it's the place where he is always sitting, by that big face, and where he and Konan met up with Madara/Tobi. Maybe, I don't know. Maybe those two places are in the same big 'ol tower? Pein sure is one mysterious dude, for people to be saying "I don't know if he even exists" or "He's just like a God", meaning they think of him as an entity, not a person. Ah! Jiraiya is going to fight a god!

Sentou Ryoku
September 07, 2007, 03:32 PM
After reading the translation, I gotta concede that those bodies are like 'modes' that Pein can use at will. Like he says in the end of the chapter, maybe that one that woke up is like his 'hunter' mode (for lack of a better term). I want to see him use the fat one next.

Alexis
September 07, 2007, 03:40 PM
Okay, I speculated about this before when I noticed that Pain and Madara were lying to Itachi, and that Itachi seemed like a goodguy.
I started suspecting more that Itachi might not have been the one who killed the Uchiha clan. But that was mere speculation back before that chapter and you really didn't have much to go at.

But after that chapter, and especially todays chapter with the description of how Pein slaughtered every member of Hanzo's family, and their children regardless of age, it sounds like a very good possibility that Pain was the one behind the genocide of the Uchiha clan.

Great chapter. I'm intrigued by the wakeup scene at the end. It may be different bodies for Pain to posess.

bean
September 07, 2007, 04:07 PM
I just got back from lunch...so I was right about it being a salamander AND about the fat one being number 6!? What's up! I agree with what one person said a page or two behind that it's like pein has multiple bodies that serve a certain function. This is getting really interesting...too interesting....too many things are happening....!!!

AxelCross
September 07, 2007, 04:08 PM
Okay, I speculated about this before when I noticed that Pain and Madara were lying to Itachi, and that Itachi seemed like a goodguy.
I started suspecting more that Itachi might not have been the one who killed the Uchiha clan. But that was mere speculation back before that chapter and you really didn't have much to go at.

But after that chapter, and especially todays chapter with the description of how Pein slaughtered every member of Hanzo's family, and their children regardless of age, it sounds like a very good possibility that Pain was the one behind the genocide of the Uchiha clan.

Great chapter. I'm intrigued by the wakeup scene at the end. It may be different bodies for Pain to posess.

Bah! Whoa! That never crossed my mind, I can't believe I didn't think of that, that's a perfect description! It's perfect: Itachi was with the ANBU, and Sasuke was at school, Madara/Tobi was God knows where, this leaves the rest of the clan at their homes, waiting to be slaughtered...Whoa. That makes completely perfect sense. Pein working for Madara might also fit into this. Suppose that Madara found out that Pein is the murderer, Pein finds out Madara is insanely powerful, so Madara made Pein his "slave" of sorts. Interesting, great catch, I never though of that or linked it.

I just got back from lunch...so I was right about it being a salamander AND about the fat one being number 6!? What's up! I agree with what one person said a page or two behind that it's like pein has multiple bodies that serve a certain function. This is getting really interesting...too interesting....too many things are happening....!!!

Woot for B E A N! I concur, sir, there are so many different scenarios going on right now, it's insane, almost too much to keep up with.

C4animax
September 07, 2007, 04:08 PM
Oh man, keep getting better and thanks god there are other members of akatsuki (though the story was going to the end).

But it's a bit sad that the myth is slowly going down for the three sanins...how come a small village like the rain village gets all the ubber strong guys ? I don't say they can't be stronger than the sanin but come on...the message behing this is that pein is stronger than jiraya...well i won't say that because it doesn't say how pein got ride of the salamander dude still...

Alexis : that would rock!

hitokugutsu
September 07, 2007, 04:16 PM
Holy shit, Pein is seriously god-mode. Jiraya needs to get his ass out of there and get some reinforcement. Anyway if Pein is indeed from the Fuuma clan (the same clan that the anime used in the fillers???) then the theories of Pein being related to Naruto can be scrapped.

ShadowStrike
September 07, 2007, 04:22 PM
WHAT IF PEIN IS JIRAIYA'S NEPHEW?!

KyleUchiha
September 07, 2007, 04:46 PM
Wow, Pein can switch bodies? That's going to open a whole of can of worms on all the theory boards.:amuse

This makes me wonder why is Pein changing bodies? Is this next body better suited to fight Jiraiya? I don't think it is for purely for hunting Jiraiya down, as that is why he sent Konan out, scouting Jiraiya's location.

As another person suggested, I bet Pein is using Hanzou's body. That is fitting since he just got introduced and beat all three of Konoha's Sanin. Perhaps that is why he is switching bodies, because he is aware of Hanzou's defeating the Sanin and knows he has some type of advantage over Jiraiya.

I'm also wondering if what we have been seeing is Pein's real body? Does he even possess he real body anymore? I wonder if he has a time limit for each body, some type of handicap, as that jutsu could be incredibly abused, making him too powerful.

Crude
September 07, 2007, 04:54 PM
This is definitely the most interesting arc I've seen in Naruto. So many plot elements keep showing up and the story is starting to become a little political.

Now that would be seriously awesome!

6thHokage
September 07, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, this is just a thought, but after the Deidara guy went out with a bang, we dont get an explanation of how he escaped and ended up in the rain village! so......maybe he had extra bodies lying around like Pain inside that tower, cause it looked like they came from the same place/tower. So maybe they make back-ups of their bodies in-case shit happens, cause it looks like almost everyone in that organisation wants to be immortal

Takuto
September 07, 2007, 04:59 PM
I think Jiraiya needs to get out of the village, since he knows what he's up against after the interrogation he needs to get reinforcements, him alone against Pein will be quite a problem, especially that he doesn't know what he looks like wouldn't be good too, plus Konans on his tail.

yemsta
September 07, 2007, 05:01 PM
WHAT IF PEIN IS JIRAIYA'S NEPHEW?!

Geez when any new information is revealed people use it as proof of how somoeone is relaated to someone else. GIVE IT UP THE WORLD IS NOT AS SMALL AS YOU THINK.

OK so pain is a cheat he clones himself and takes his opponents 6 on 1 with all his crazy jutsu. I think this because of the emphasis in jiraiya's word " one man cannot kill hanzou". The next we see pain has clones. More and more it looks like jiraiya is dead. But then again I doubt pain is going to die anytime soon and it is not likely for kishi to kill off jiraiya in vain.

Also pain is from the fuuma clan WTF!! how is that possible, the fuuma clan was in a filler which is now affecting the main story. So doe s he also have the abilitiy to for chakra strings and form bonds between people causing them to die when he does? very strange maybe kishi has been attacked by fillers :O

6thHokage
September 07, 2007, 05:14 PM
Oh yea that Pain wiping out the Uchiha clan sounds totally acceptable, so i guess they were monitoring Itachi and noticed his strength. They asked him and his best friend to join and Itachi refused and he tried to kill Itachi and ended up dead(then Itachi got the Mangekyou Sharingan), maybe he hated the village after that but refused to betray them, but then when he came back from his mission they were all dead, and he didn't want to look like a wuss infront his bro, so he told Sasuke all that stuff and left, hoping one day he could defeat Pain.
.....okay then enought with itachi looking like a good guy, so here's my other thought, maybe the organization wanted an uchiha and thought (Itachi and Shishu would be good. They wanted to see who was stronger so they made them fight, and Itachi killed him) or (Itachi would be good, so one night Shishu followed Itachi when he was meeting them and got caught then Itachi killed him) so after that Itachi wanted to see if he was as strong as Pain and wipe out his village or Itachi tried to kill Pain to see who's stronger and Pain won and wiped out the clan for Itachis ignorance...................yea as i said this is just a thought seeing that Pain is now some merciless god figure that kills all those who get in the way of his plans. i'm done for now.

Shanna
September 07, 2007, 05:17 PM
That ninja was pouting! *giggles like mad*
Jiraiya is truly merciless. :tem

Man, Pain sounds scary, but also hella interesting. Fuuma-clan, eh?
I'm looking forward to the next chapter, but I'm so scared for Jiraiya...

nahkampfbiber
September 07, 2007, 05:26 PM
Anime's Fuuma Clan ≠ Pein's Fuuma Clan

I would eat my pants if Kishi would connect one of the manga's main villians with some **** anime filler clan.
The clans only happen to have the same name, as "Fuuma" seems to be a quite typical name in Ninja-Folklore.

Alexis
September 07, 2007, 05:29 PM

Well I have another elaboration to this scenario if anyone wants to hear.

If this is true, then why did Itachi take the blame for this?
Well imagine this scenario:

*Pain speaking with Itachi after Pain has killed everyone in the Uchiha clan.*
Pain: "You can chose to stay here and be branded a traitor and excecuted by Konoha. Or, you could come and join me in Akatsuki, and test just how far your abilities extend. That is what you wanted, isn't it?"

There are many reasons why Itachi could have chosen to go along with that. Either because he might have been blamed for the incident regardless of what he did, or because he knew that his little brother was on his way home, and wanted to protect him.

I also have a theory on why he then supposedly lied to Sasuke about it, saying that he did it. But this one is a bit more farfetched. Still a possibility though.
I remember that Madara Uchiha seems interested in Sasuke's Sharingan, but (possibly) not Itachi's. It could be because Sasuke is the only remaining person with an un-evolved Sharingan. This true power of the Sharingan that Madara spoke of, it may be something beyond Mangekyou Sharingan that is un-attainable if you already obtained the Mangekyou Sharingan. We have already seen that a different form of the Sharingan is possible. (Kakashi's looks different. But whether or not the differences are more than cosmetic is yet to be revealed.)

It's possible that Itachi wanted to protect Sasuke by making sure that Sasuke would obtain the Mangekyou sharingan to avoid being targeted by Madara.

Like I said, it's pretty farfetched at this point, but an interesting idea I think. =)

THETRUTH.com
September 07, 2007, 05:34 PM
This chapter made me think time-skip, its how Kishi made Pein seem so untouchable. Not to mention he dismissed any idea of an alliance with Pein's opposition. Pein is immensely strong and now is also in control of a village. For our 15 year old heroes to be able to compete they would need a significant amount of time to develop their skills. And let us not forget about Tobi. It just doesnt seem possible for them to hold their own unless some other strong nin come to help balance the scale.

Toad Sage
September 07, 2007, 05:42 PM
I thought this was a pretty decent chapter. We've been given a clue as to what Pein is capable of i.e. switching bodies. Presumably he transfered his consciousness into a body that is suited for tracking or battle or something that will allow him to defeat Jiraiya. As a Toadsage lover though, I sure hope to see him survive, as he is the greatest character in the manga to me :) Further, to think Pein was able to defeat an individual who not only defeated the sannin, but named them, goes a long way to establish how ruthless and powerful he must be. I'm a little uncertain Naruto will be able to win this with another kagebunshin feint...

Just a quick bit of speculation as well. A lot of people have remarked upon how much Pein resembles Yondaime/Minato. This chapter got me thinking that perhaps he may be using Yondaime's body, or have it in his collection of hosts, which would explain the physical similarity and eliminate any tiresome work for Kishimoto trying to explain an actual family connection to Naruto. Pein's ability to change hosts is certainly going to add a level of confusion to who is who in the story, so the coming months should be exciting.

PS: Just some moderator stuff, please reserve speculation about Itachi's past for a thread outside of this one. It's a perfectly legitimate topic, but here is not the place for it. I'm sure if a thread doesn't already exist, one can be created in the Akatsuki toshokan. Thanks

Koen
September 07, 2007, 05:47 PM
Well I wonder what kishi is going to do now. I like the fact of pain being strong. And I don't know but somehow I am believing he is the connection to the "immortal" akatsuki members (hidan, kakuzu, sasori and deidara). It seems there's six bodies: pein and 5 others, this means he's somehow connected to the five other members (I don't believe in 6 bodies of pain, that would be lame). I wouldn't be suprised if the one hunting jiraiya will be a "dead" akatsuki member...

Now back to the fact: I wonder how kishi is going to do... A DECENT STORY: come on, pain killed someone that the young three sannins couldn't handle. Even kakashi, gai, naruto, etc are able to defeat that guy. And then we haven't talked about kisame, konan, itachi, zetsu, tobi (he's prolly the worsest). So what is that guy up to? Another time jump? Or some intensional training...

Maybe the clue: what's the sign/kanji meaning where pain lies and the fatty one at the other side

Sephion
September 07, 2007, 05:51 PM
I hope to see something about Kakashi father.
He was stronger than the sannin too.

But i honestly don't think that kakashi father is going to be talk again

This chapter made me think time-skip, its how Kishi made Pein seem so untouchable. Not to mention he dismissed any idea of an alliance with Pein's opposition. Pein is immensely strong and now is also in control of a village. For our 15 year old heroes to be able to compete they would need a significant amount of time to develop their skills. And let us not forget about Tobi. It just doesnt seem possible for them to hold their own unless some other strong nin come to help balance the scale.
Yeah i know.. But don't rule out Naruto...

I think Kashi is planning on killing someone close to Naruto next. Its either Jiraiya, 5th or Kakashi...

But either Kakashi or Jiraiya going end up training naruto for is threat after they know how pain fight..

Toad Sage
September 07, 2007, 05:54 PM
I have to interject here and ask why you don't "believe" in the bodies of Pein? I mean, the final page shows him closing his eyes and awakening in another body in the room. Besides it being lame, do you think there is something we're all missing in that section? I know from the translation I had the impression he was like "growing" new members or something in pods, but after seeing the art work, I thought it was clear he was just changing bodies. If you look carefully, you can even see on the bottom right two panels that Pein himself is lying down in one of the pods, because there is a pillow behind his head. Then in the bottom left two panels you see a darkened face and subsequently its eyes opening with the same eye pattern Pein possesses.

Coup
September 07, 2007, 05:57 PM
Well , well, well.... No wonder Konan told Tobi that Pein never lost a battle, ever! After seeing more than 1 Pein's make me think he could be hybrid-like. I'll make it official, that Jiraiya is a dead man regardless of that he wasn't at his full potential against oro.

That Itachi theory isn't sounding too bad, though it has some kinks, its plausible.

Koen
September 07, 2007, 06:02 PM
okay the oppisite sign of the guys where pain lies mean:

Six - 六

Sephion
September 07, 2007, 06:09 PM
Can u guys imagin Kishi saying that Pein daughter is:

http://www.nautiljon.com/images/perso/grandes/Naruto/fuuma_sasame.jpg

See also has orange hair XD

Alexis
September 07, 2007, 06:13 PM
Jiraya needs to get out of there while he still can. If him along with Orochimaru and Tsunade lost against Hanzo, there is no reason for Jiraya to believe that he alone can fight against Pain.
I will be disappointed if he does chose to stay there and fight rather than run away.

Pein's ability to change hosts is certainly going to add a level of confusion to who is who in the story, so the coming months should be exciting.
Well if that last scene showed him switching bodies, then he should always be easy to recognise by his eyes. They still look the same in the last frame.

Changing body or bodyparts seems to be a reoccring theme in Akatsuki.

Sasori: Turns bodies into his puppets.
Kakuzo: Seems to be composed of different body parts possibly from different people. Uses other peoples hearts.
Deidara: Got his arm sewn back on.
Hidan: Got his head sewn back on.
Tobi: Looks like he is using mechanical parts for his body. Talks about Sasuke's body.
Orochimaru: Can switch bodies.
Pain: Can possibly switch bodies.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
September 07, 2007, 06:13 PM
okay the oppisite sign of the guys where pain lies mean:

Six - 六

And the one where pein lies down says "one", in some odd kanji i didn't know was used O_o

Sephion
September 07, 2007, 06:17 PM
Jiraya needs to get out of there while he still can. If him along with Orochimaru and Tsunade lost against Hanzo, there is no reason for Jiraya to believe that he alone can fight against Pain.
I will be disappointed if he does chose to stay there and fight rather than run away.

I believe he will try to get out of there, but thn he will be caught by the ''new'' Pein

Koen
September 07, 2007, 06:18 PM
And the one where pein lies down says "one", in some odd kanji i didn't know was used O_o

I wouldn't be suprised if the one who'll wake up is either hidan, kakuzu, sasori or deidara (and why not as fifth - the ex-member orochimaru)

Coup
September 07, 2007, 06:22 PM
I don't see the reason for him to stay and fight as he doesn't have anything personal against Pein but the problem is that will he be able to leave. He is already being hunted down.

THETRUTH.com
September 07, 2007, 06:28 PM
The Itachi theory does sound okay also the reason he thinks his approach will make Sasuke strong is he think this is what made him strong.

I think it is worth mentioning that Pein should now be in control of a good number of ninja as he is basically in control of a Hidden Village. This changes the situation because before Akatsuki was just nine people nine extremely skilled and dangerous people but still it was 9 people and some underlings. Pein could change everything with this amount of shinobi at his disposal. They would be less vulnerable to direct attacks and could now carry out direct attacks. It seems kishi could be setting the stage for a war involving all the hidden villages(eventually) with two sides Konoha and Pein.

Alexis
September 07, 2007, 06:31 PM
I don't see the reason for him to stay and fight as he doesn't have anything personal against Pein but the problem is that will he be able to leave. He is already being hunted down.
Yeah I suppose he doesn't. Then I probably won't be too disappointed no matter what happens.
Well... thats not entierly true. I would be disappointed if he died, but at least I wouldn't be disappointed in him.
I always thought Orochimaru would be the one who killed Jiraya.

shachi
September 07, 2007, 06:56 PM
If Pein is making it rain, i.e. creating precipitation, then I believe his elemental affinity is wind, fused with fire and/or water, since precipation occurs when fronts of hot and cold air collide.

This probably takes a huge amount of chakra, and I think there must be a connection between those other bodies I'm assuming are being re-charged.

I'm thinking Pein is some kind of cyborg. Flesh and metal.

akatsuki27
September 07, 2007, 07:03 PM
oh man i hope jiraiya knows that if the situation gets too bad he should get out of there....i dont want ero sennin to die....even though i think his death will lead to more character growth for naruto....and yet the same can be said if he lives through this

jiraiya is not a coward, so if pein confronts him he wont leave....however if peins overpowers him he should get in his little frog and dip

Alexis
September 07, 2007, 07:11 PM
Well Itachi fled from Jiraya when he knew it was too much for him, so a shinobi fleeing isn't completely uncoming in the series. I wouldn't say it's common though, so I hope Jiraya tries to get out of there. Because his talk with Tsunade hinted at a possible end for ero-sennin's story, and I hope that doesn't happen at this point.

stinger957
September 07, 2007, 07:20 PM
I think that Jiraiya will try to flee from amegakure and drop the two thugs somewhere but will be intercepted by Pein in some moment of his escape. In order to not have an annoying out-of-character moment, probably Jiraiya will try to run again (since he isn't stupid or eager for no-chance fights) and Pein will do something that will oblige the old man to fight.

And OMFG, what's that big-bellied clone of Pein? Maybe an Akimichi clone? /o\

gphjr14
September 07, 2007, 07:22 PM
i wanna know whats up with pein. i think those are like modified clones. yamato taught naruto about how clones can pass on info to the user. but it looks like peins taken it to a whole new level. i'm guessing they're connected mentally and each one sleeps and regains energy in a cycle

segua
September 07, 2007, 07:30 PM
Pein is merciless but he has Konan for those special occasions.

I've noticed that when the guys weren't amused by Jiraiya's joke, Jiraiya became all corny lol.

laughing@you
September 07, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'm getting the feeling that one of those bodies is Hanzou, or Hanzou is Pain. Pain seems like he uses earth jutsu's, in 368 he ended the jutsu putting his hand together like an earth type. But it wouldn't make sense how he manages to control water with earth seals. yeah weird!!!

And kishimoto showed us a flashback of the sannin and hanzou at the end of the fight, and it was raining could not mean anything but could this mean that kishimoto want us to relate them. I mean the shinobi said nobody knows how pain managed to win against Hanzou. Nobody saw the fight they just everybody related to him got killed. It could also mean that maybe Madara had something to do with it!!!!

Gamma Knife
September 07, 2007, 07:58 PM
Uchiha Mandara is using the ultimate form of sharingan to mind control everybody. Thats how he's switching bodies. He mc'd itachi to kill his clan. He's mc'ing pein, akatsuki, ...