PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Robin could have the deadliest ability

evozoku
September 08, 2007, 12:39 AM
If Robin was more creative, and ruthless, I don't see why she couldn't have the best Devil's Fruit ability. How? Grow limbs (or whatever body part she chooses) INSIDE of opponents! Fighting an amazingly strong enemy? Grow fingers in their brain! Instant kill! However, if she can only grow limbs on surfaces, she could still hypothetically grow them inside the digestive tract walls. Even logia users could be vulnerable when not prepared (Enel was temporarily killed when unprepared to take serious damage to his head).

And that's my two cents.

Can you think of any other devils fruit users who could be more effective in the use of their powers?

Kazu-kun
September 08, 2007, 02:33 AM
If Robin was more creative, and ruthless, I don't see why she couldn't have the best Devil's Fruit ability. How? Grow limbs (or whatever body part she chooses) INSIDE of opponents! Fighting an amazingly strong enemy? Grow fingers in their brain! Instant kill! However, if she can only grow limbs on surfaces, she could still hypothetically grow them inside the digestive tract walls. Even logia users could be vulnerable when not prepared (Enel was temporarily killed when unprepared to take serious damage to his head).

And that's my two cents.

Can you think of any other devils fruit users who could be more effective in the use of their powers?
Robin's power is only limited to what she can see. It's great as she's an all around ranged fighter, but the thing is her powers are also limited to her physical strength.

By far Luffy has been best at using his powers based on his ability to push his entire body to the limit.

To be quite honest I have to say that Ao Kiji seems like the strongest devil fruit user. It's his ability to force his opponents to go at his own pace that makes him deadly.

evozoku
September 08, 2007, 03:05 AM
Actually I considered as to whether or not Robin has to be able use her power on what she can see, and there have been times where she hasn't needed too (for example in Arabasta, she stands on one side of the door while blooming arms on the other side).

I do agree that based on the limitations of their power, Luffy has pushed his quite further than most have.

treetop430
September 08, 2007, 02:53 PM
I think Smoker could simply grab someone, shove smoke down their throats, and they'd die almost immediately from suffocation. He really can do that. Most people don't die in fires because they were burned up, but because of smoke inhalation.

But Smoke isn't ruthless, so~

Impel Down
September 09, 2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think Robin can do that, no. She has to be able to see where she's putting her limbs or whatever, and she can't see inside of a person. And given that limitation, there are plently more deadly abilities in OP than that. I'll just throw one out at random: Yami Yami no mi.

Musashi_Keiji
September 09, 2007, 02:17 PM
all the devil fruit powers are deadly. Even one that looked stupid, like the spring-legs, could be used to deadly force.

If the person has a knife robin could simply take their own knife and stab them in a vital area.

evozoku
September 09, 2007, 10:44 PM
but there have been times that she's used her power without seeing where she was using it (hell, technically she often closes her eyes when she does it, probably just to imagine the location... I think it's more of a distance issue).

So, I'm talking about an ability that could near INSTANTLY kill ANYONE... Most would have to put up a bit of a fight to kill anyone...

So if she can do stuff like that without seeing a location, I think she's the deadliest devils fruit user. I'm not saying we'll ever see her do something like this... we won't... I'm just saying...

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 03:06 PM
I believe it's said that she can only make arms sprout out of things that she can see, although it is odd that she closes her eyes when she does it.

And there's a lot of DF abilities that against an average person could instantly kill them. That doesn't exactly make her the deadliest. And if she could do such things, and I realize she'd only do them against people she hates, why didn't she cause Spandam agonizing death?

Imitorar
September 11, 2007, 04:08 PM
Well, she probably looks at the things first. I think she needs to see it, then see it in her minds eye. So she can grow her arms out of, say, a part of Sunny without looking, because she's seen it enough times to know it well enough to see in her head perfectly. It's just easier to concentrate on the thing if she sees it in her mind's eye instead of her body's eye, so that's why she does it, but it just takes focusing on the object, it's just that seeing is necessary to achieve that intense focus.

And she wouldn't kill Spandam because it's sort of crew policy not to kill. I know that that was never said explicitly about anyone other then Luffy, but it's sort of a crew policy. I'm pretty sure that none of the Straw Hats have killed anyone since they joined the crew, and Robin probably didn't wanna break that unspoken rule, because she wanted to show that she was part of the crew and identified with Luffy's ideology, and not the ideology of the World Government. She wanted to live by the Straw Hat crew's rules, because she in her heart was a Straw Hat.

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 08:04 PM
Or because she couldn't...oh, I kid.

Anyway, personally, I feel the most deadly fruit to be Doflamingo's "fruit". True, there is no real "fruit" yet, but I imagine his ability is one. The idea that one could have two men fight and kill each other instantly kinda seems like it would be twice as deadly, not to mention far more grisly.

Imitorar
September 11, 2007, 09:39 PM
She could've killed him. She didn't have to break Spandam's spine. It could have been his neck.

And I don't see the point of comparing Devil Fruits. They are all pretty versatile, because Oda-sensei is very creative with how powers are used, so there isn't much point in saying "This Devil Fruit is stronger then that Devil Fruit." For every Devil Fruit, you can think of a way another Devil Fruit can beat it. Although if I had to pick one Devil Fruit as the strongest, based upon the Devil Fruit's powers alone and not how they were used, I would pick the Yami Yami no Mi. It's hard to fight such intense gravity. In fact, I can think of only one person in all of One Piece who could withstand it. Anyone wanna guess who?

Dhomochevsky
September 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
The thing I always wondered about Robin's ability though is how long before her grown limbs disappear? It seems that she can dismiss them at will but does she need to concentrate in order to keep the limbs manifested.

I think Blackbeard's fruit can be extremely powerful but it's kind of a double-edged sword since everything gravitates towards him. However he can absorb anything and release it as attack. If he learned how to use his ability to the fullest, nothing could escape from him.

Impel Down
September 12, 2007, 05:41 PM
I don't think she needs to focus and keep them there longer. She wouldn't really need to have them for a really, really, long time, since she can take damage if they're injured.

And with BB, yeah, that's the DF's downside. Although, it's supposed to be an evil fruit anyway, so that fits in, since it hurts the user.

Dhomochevsky
September 12, 2007, 09:46 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of putting eyes or ears in places to gather info. If she could make them last indefinitely, that would be extremely useful because they could learn what the Marines are up to or something. I did forgot that Robin takes damage if her grown limbs are injured.

Although if I had to pick one Devil Fruit as the strongest, based upon the Devil Fruit's powers alone and not how they were used, I would pick the Yami Yami no Mi. It's hard to fight such intense gravity. In fact, I can think of only one person in all of One Piece who could withstand it. Anyone wanna guess who?

My first thought is Miss Valentine and her Kilo Kilo no Mi. The way I see it, she can control her density and make herself super dense that the Yami Yami no Mi wouldn't be able to suck her in. This is assuming that the Yami Yami no Mi allows Blackbeard to control his mass.

Impel Down
September 13, 2007, 08:53 AM
Well, with the Kilo Kilo no mi, couldn't she shift her mass until she creates her own gravity vortex?

Other than her, maybe Wapol could eat BB and his gravity vortex?...do you actually want us to give you an answer?

Imitorar
September 15, 2007, 08:30 PM
I actually think that she does need to focus to keep a grown limb in existence. That's probably why there's the 200 limb limit. And it just makes sense that there would be a drawback to a power like that, namely, the need for sustained focus, because otherwise she could just keep making limbs until she mummified you in her own arms. This way, it puts a limit on her power, so she can't just kill everything effortlessly.

...do you actually want us to give you an answer?

Yes.

Actually, I was thinking of Luffy, since he couldn't be crushed by the extreme gravity. But Miss Valentine is also a good answer. And Wapol could also eat Blackbeard... Okay, so there are alot of people who could survive it. But it'd still be pretty hard for, say, Wapol, to get close enough to Blackbeard to eat him without being crushed. And Miss Valentine can only raise her mass to a certain point, and it'd not enough to create her own gravitational pull. But it'd still be enough to hurt Blackbeard alot if she hit him, especially with increased gravity around Blackbeard's body due to the Dark Dark Fruit.

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 08:34 PM
Actually, I just thought of a way Robin could kill someone with her power, properly. Now, the reason I didn't agree to this theory was because she needs to see where she puts her limbs. Well, she's been shown to be able to make eyes to make more arms, so, she puts one on the roof of the victim's mouth, looks down his throat, put and eye there, so on and so forth, so she can do the insta-death thing that everyone's talking about.

Imitorar
September 15, 2007, 09:33 PM
Possible, but again, she wants to show that she's a Straw Hat and subscribes to their philosophy, which is why I don't think she'll ever kill anyone.

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 09:34 PM
I realize she'd never do that, I'm just saying the only way the move this entire thread is about would work.

Hm...maybe...she could do that to Oz, give her arms salt, and scrub down his entire insides with salt....good idea, me!

Eyefarted2
September 15, 2007, 10:44 PM
totally! she can just grow liek a million of her huge boobs!

Stay on topic!

Impel Down
September 16, 2007, 07:40 AM
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Please, stay on topic.

ahfei
September 21, 2007, 10:28 AM
I actually agree with the thread starter(too lazy to scroll back to see who is it).

Cause Robin abilitie is to grow body part, not just limb. She can grow eyes inside opponent body then use limb to kill.

The point here is maybe she cant grow on things that she cant see. But still possible to grow eyes from the mounth along the intenstine until it reach heart, since thats the only way to see everything.

Impel Down
September 21, 2007, 12:12 PM
That's what I had suggested, although, she'd have to make an eye in the mouth or something first to be able to see down the throat, into the stomach, into the intestines, and whatnot. Although, if she did that, the acid would damage her limbs, causing her actual body pain, so that may not work.

Koen
September 21, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think it's all a matter to be creative with your DF powers but also against the DF powers of your opponent.

Check luffy against crocodile: based on DF powers luffy could have never beaten crocodile. It's because he knew water (because of his blood) crocodile became in a way solid thus hitting him was possible

Check luffy against aojiki: aojiki his DF powers are way too strong for luffy to handle. But I am looking forward to a new confrontation. Why? After aojiki, luffy learned gears. And maybe gear using can allow him to heaten him up so that aojiki's ice melts...

-> So I think luffy pwns a lot of DF users, because he's creative and he learns becoming stronger with his powers fighting against other DF users

Conclusion: if robin was like luffy, maybe she could have been way stronger

Impel Down
September 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
Well, she hasn't had a whole lot of battles, and against Yama, she seemed to be pretty creative with her techniques, to me. But neck breaks and stuff like that, that's really all she can do, since she doesn't have massive strength or anything.

Dhomochevsky
September 21, 2007, 08:05 PM
Robin's physical power might not be up to par with Luffy's, but she has much more versatility. She made wings and a web net our of her arms. If it wasn't for her, Luffy wouldn't have been able to escape after fighting Lucci.

Impel Down
September 21, 2007, 09:32 PM
Well, of course they need all the crew members, and they all have their varing skills, I'm just saying that it's not like she can use her arms to make a physical barrage on an opponent, because of her strength, but her neck moves and whatnot work just fine.

Absolutio
September 22, 2007, 03:15 PM
Long time since I posted in this section! :D
Anyways, on toppic:
When Robin firstly got into the SH crew, when they asked her about her "expertiese", she answered "Assisinations".
I guess by that answer she can kill people easily just fine, so it's rather a matter of choice.

Impel Down
September 22, 2007, 05:57 PM
It's the neck break thing, which is a way to kill someone, but it's I guess not absolute if she does that, whereas having your arm go through someone's organs or brain is pretty much a one hit TKO.

shannaro
October 21, 2007, 11:48 AM
i believe that the gomu gomu no mi is the strongest fruit coz it can adapt with a lot of things....gomu vs. yami : luffy wins coz he can just do a JET BAZOOKA and blow blackbeard away before he starts his gravity thing......gomu vs. flamingo's fruit(is he has one) what i saw is that he can control people's body BUT....luffy has a strong will and determination (coz i think he can only control weak people or people with no determination or whatever) :D but im gonna prove myself wrong by saying that he cant defeat smoker (i really hope that they never face each other)

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, i really agree robins with a touch of ruthlessness could have one of the most deadliest abilities in this manga, i mean we still haven't seen the full extent of her power, she showed us she can fly recently (who would have thought of that) and according to Aokiji she could have escaped from CP9 if she wanted to, i really believe that there is still a lot to come from her :)

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
She could have escaped, yeah, but she'd lost her will, and when she decided to escape, she already had Sea Stone on, so she couldn't fight back or use moves or anything, not to mention Spandam was there torturing her.

hollowfied
October 22, 2007, 05:43 AM
If you call kicking and slapping her torture...

=s

Absolutio
October 22, 2007, 05:45 AM
It was pretty bad.. He tortured her both physically and mentally..

Impel Down
October 22, 2007, 08:32 AM
Not to mention she was rammed with an elephant sword, knocked down stairs, had her head stomped on, was torn at by Spandam, and was grabbed as she bit into some stone.

And she was kind of being dragged off to her doom. That's pretty bad too.

hollowfied
October 22, 2007, 09:10 AM
I guess so.

But thats not much in the world of One Piece.

Considering how she was left alone at the age of EIGHT, I think she'd have had to endure a lot more before.

Stay on topic, guys.

Shojin
October 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
No dout that Robin's DF is extremley powerful, but it still has a bunch of weaknesses, not to mention that she is not very strong herself and without the power she as helpless as a lamb which bothers me a lot.

Absolutio
October 27, 2007, 08:20 PM
a lot of DF users, without their powers are helpless as a lamb.

hill_mie87
December 06, 2007, 04:54 PM
i think, she could simply prick the opponent's eyes. Might not be the deadliest, but it can be, provided if it's combined with the proper strategy

Yami_Yami_No_Mi_89
December 06, 2007, 07:32 PM
I think robin can have no chance with any rogia user... maybe with blackbearb... but he's extremely strong.. a hit by robin could be not enough...

Absolutio
December 07, 2007, 02:33 PM
i think, she could simply prick the opponent's eyes. Might not be the deadliest, but it can be, provided if it's combined with the proper strategy

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/454/12/

hill_mie87
December 28, 2007, 03:41 PM
haha, see what i meant. Pricking the eyes + proper technique. Very deadly. he he

Razh
January 02, 2008, 06:45 PM
I think robin can have no chance with any rogia user... maybe with blackbearb... but he's extremely strong.. a hit by robin could be not enough...

As strong as he is, his balls are no different then yours or mine. You can't do much while you're experiencing that kind of PAIN!!!

Oblivion
January 02, 2008, 08:42 PM
her ability is strong but i think it wont effect any element user (enel, aokiji and possible many other element user).
flamingo wont allow her to use it.
and if the enemis is huge and strong (the bear guy and whitebeard) she wont hurt them at all even if tries to crush their balls (which will just tingel them a bit i guess, especially WB's huge balls^^)
so there are quite a few DF abilities out there that wont be hared by any ofthe attacks, and if your body is hard/strong over all it wont work to just slap them a bit.

Freakzin
January 05, 2008, 12:22 PM
BALLS TEKKAI, EYES TEKKAI, so there is a way to prevent robins attack

wing_gundam
January 05, 2008, 03:12 PM
Anyways, on toppic:
When Robin firstly got into the SH crew, when they asked her about her "expertiese", she answered "Assisinations".
I guess by that answer she can kill people easily just fine, so it's rather a matter of choice.

thank you...

that was a good answer...

robin doesn't have to sit there and look down your throat as you shoot her or burn her etc.

she can go hid, grow some eyes in hidden places, look for an opening and fuck you up... she can wait til your sleeping and smother her opponent or strangle them or push them off a cliff/trip them and roll them down.

robin prob works best when she's not seen and thus not attacked directly.

think about this - she could get her hands to each hold a gun that shots that water stone bullets at any DF user, or if attacking an enemy ship, she could try ripping open the boards and sink the ship from shore or another boat - or cut the sail, break the mast etc, start a fire.

Freakzin
January 05, 2008, 05:21 PM
in the one piece game i have for ps2, one of robins attacks is she sprouts a big hand with a big gun, i think you can use two of those maximum, so there u go

Razh
January 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
Anyways, on toppic:

When it comes to those assasinations. Well, of course she could kill an ordinary man of mediocre strenght. Maybe even some stronger ones, like Yama. But it's more a matter of surprise and momentum than anything else. She may be an experienced assasin, but assasins don't always kill strong guys. They mostly kill weaklings who can't protect themselves. So, she can break a spine of someone like Spandam, but could she really beat someone who is a lot stronger than her? She needs to concentrate to use her power properly. Someone strong an fast can make a short work of her. I don't know how she would fare against someone from CP9, but if Nami could beat Kalifa than anything's possible.
I really dislike seeing Nami fighting. She shouldn't have any place in real fights. Robin on the other side isn't used enough. It's too bad she isn't more of a close combat type. She could do wonders in it with her abillity.

Her bounty didn't grow since she was a child. Normally that wouldn't mean anything, since assasins try to hide their identity. But, too much people know of her. Iceburg for one. Not to mention CP9 who work under the Gorousei, who know everything CP9 knows.
Is there any point in leaving Robin's bounty unchanged for more than 15 years?

Superman
February 15, 2008, 05:24 PM
Again i dont read everything but robin has a ablutelly great ability. she even let things fly, usopp and sanji including.
remember on this island where she appeared and gave nami the log port to little garden.
her abillity have so much potential she can beat smoker if she let him fly or floating into the see.
it dosent matter if he transforms into smoke or not on the other hand if he makes a alot of preassure ...hmm.. maybe it wouldnt be that easy but she can!
[hr]
Dont forget this treat

kulugo
October 09, 2010, 04:11 AM
do you think in the future Robin could sprout her whole body? and make many copies of herself? maybe even making copies of Luffy and the crew?

MaiSiaoSiao
October 09, 2010, 05:30 AM
Impossible! she ate the Hana Hana no Mi

"Allows the user to bloom pieces of his or her body multiple times from the surface of any object like flowers. However, they can't be formed in areas where there is not enough space, such as inside someone else's body. It has been shown that the user feels any pain directed onto the extra limbs.

Samui
October 09, 2010, 05:39 AM
She also can't bloom her limbs on places she can't see.

100krotka
October 09, 2010, 06:51 AM
Impossible! she ate the Hana Hana no Mi

"Allows the user to bloom pieces of his or her body multiple times from the surface of any object like flowers. However, they can't be formed in areas where there is not enough space, such as inside someone else's body. It has been shown that the user feels any pain directed onto the extra limbs.

And even if she could make a copy of her entire body, wouldn't the copy be naked?
What kind of good would that do? Making an enemy bleed to death (becouse of nosebleed)? That sounds like Narutos harem no jutsu.:s

Horologium
October 09, 2010, 08:27 AM
she will be able to fly longer. woohoo!

kulugo
October 09, 2010, 08:53 AM
oh yeah, i forgot that she feels pain. that would be dumb making copies. well she could use it when she's running away from world govt. make the copy run to the other side so she could escape.

@Samui
that's why she could bloom her eyes.

@100krotka
i think it would be wearing the same thing she's wearing.

100krotka
October 09, 2010, 09:33 AM
@100krotka

I don't think she would, becouse when she grows her feet they are bare, no shoes.

Agnamaracs
October 09, 2010, 09:43 AM
oh yeah, i forgot that she feels pain. that would be dumb making copies. well she could use it when she's running away from world govt. make the copy run to the other side so she could escape.

@Samui
that's why she could bloom her eyes.

@100krotka

I was un aware that eyes were limbs, thanks for clearing that up.

undertoe
October 09, 2010, 01:42 PM
She has bloomed eyes before at the beginning of the Skypiea arc...

kulugo
July 19, 2011, 01:14 AM
do you think in the future Robin could sprout her whole body? and make many copies of herself? maybe even making copies of Luffy and the crew?

guess i was right.. so do guys think she can make copies of luffy and crew?

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
July 19, 2011, 03:16 AM
guess i was right.. so do guys think she can make copies of luffy and crew?

That would be too similar to Mr.2 ability, so I don't think she will ever be able to do it.

matzik1212
July 19, 2011, 09:19 AM
well even if she can't make copies of the other SH's the fact that she can make copies of her it's definitely a great achievement .....i was surprised when i saw her getting between luffy and jimbei's fight and much more surprised when i understood that was a product of her DF and not the real deal :D ....i look forward to see the extent of her growth this past 2y..... her DF is pretty awesome but is far from being the deadliest IMO :)