PDA

View Full Version : Izumi

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
well there are been some talk about him lately,to bad he died and that i wanst around where i could discus his personality ,but he died anyway do u think hell comeback or not and just lets discus things about him here.

And so do u think hell comeback??My guees i think yes,Gantz needed him once hell need him for a second time to.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 12:04 PM
Don't get me wrong I think Izumi kicks ass on a godly level but his amorality and total disregard for human life or any life apart from his own is sickening, before he died he said something like "I can't die like this... I... my future" he was even scared that he wouldn't be teleported to the gantz room

Captain Marmoset
September 11, 2007, 12:39 PM
No. No way. Not at all will he come back.

.....or will he?

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 02:43 PM
Afterall i think he did change,but that may be a lie,but i give 60% that he did change.

RedMoonBaby
September 11, 2007, 03:04 PM
I think he will. He's in the top ten gantzers.

Hollow Kurono
September 12, 2007, 08:25 AM
Hes at the same level as Kurono,to bad he didnt have the chance to get his hands on the stronger weapon,he would kill those bosses like he chills with Hoi Hoi.

Sheard
September 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
I don't think it is a matter of him being good so much as who would revive him? Maybe Kurono would considering that he's shown with Nishi that he'll revive someone if bringing that person back will be helpful for the team, regardless of how he feels about that person on a personal level... However Kurono himself needs to be revived first.

Other than Kurono, the only other individual that I think would bring Izumi back is Hoi Hoi.

TheGenius
September 17, 2007, 11:50 AM
I don't think it is a matter of him being good so much as who would revive him? Maybe Kurono would considering that he's shown with Nishi that he'll revive someone if bringing that person back will be helpful for the team, regardless of how he feels about that person on a personal level... However Kurono himself needs to be revived first.

Other than Kurono, the only other individual that I think would bring Izumi back is Hoi Hoi.

Well he is useful and I think if Katou has gotten like way too many ponts, he could also revive him to help the team get better, in the same fashion of Kei.

Hollow Kurono
September 17, 2007, 02:44 PM
^^Well if Katou gets to many points,then that will be a nightmare for Gantz,and i think the team wont agree to revive Izumi.Ofcourse if Kurono is revived first,then maybe and if Nishi has anything to say.Buz Izumi killed almost everyone who are in da room right now,well he deserved that actualy but i dont care about that Tokyo needs him and thats that.

andreafraize
September 17, 2007, 03:50 PM

Hey , i'm really thinking about him bringing back izumi , i'm really laughing right know Sheared , 'cause if my hero Hoi Hoi gets 100 points , how can he choose from the options ?? i mean can he do that , he is smart but not that Much !! Which Support my New Theory that says : " can i have the right to tell about this theory first ??"

Sheard
September 17, 2007, 11:47 PM
^ If Hoi Hoi did actually manage to get 100 points, I'm sure he? would be able to figure out a way to pick an option... maybe the panda knows sign language.

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
As discussed before, Gantz can talk dog or panda so no problem there!Remember when he threw shame on Butter?

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 02:47 AM
As discussed before, Gantz can talk dog or panda so no problem there!Remember when he threw shame on Butter?

Have No Clue , "shame" ????:eyeroll

Sheard
September 18, 2007, 10:25 AM

Oh yea, I forgot about that... however the dog is very non-memorable when it's not doing it's sole useful ability. >.>

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 11:39 AM
izumi was a bad guy , and in order to atone for his sins , he faced death against the vampires to protect his girlfriend and the others .

So , he was surely a true warior and he deserve to be revived right after kurono !

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 11:43 AM
Izumi is kinda like Gantz in a way, mission first!

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 12:12 PM
And amh,killin later... i wonder what Gantz does on his spare time.I wish Izumi becomin a good guy like Vegeta did on DBZ.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 12:23 PM
And amh,killin later... i wonder what Gantz does on his spare time.I wish Izumi becomin a good guy like Vegeta did on DBZ.

About his spare time : i'm sure he's the Main Webmaster of Gantz official web site (that Nishi usually navigate on) and he also got a job with Tokyo's "Men in Black" that's why he have so much informations about the Aliens :p .

About Izumi being like Vegeta : euhhh , i don't know DBZ very well but according to what you are telling , it will be good if Izumi turn up to be like him , makes him in the same level as kato ( kato is one of my favorites) !!

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 12:29 PM
Afterall he cares about Hoi-Hoi,its his only reason.I will be shocked if Hoi starts bashin heads open to snoopy and other bosses.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 03:13 PM
Afterall he cares about Hoi-Hoi,its his only reason.I will be shocked if Hoi starts bashin heads open to snoopy and other bosses.

if the genius is right , it might happen . Who knows , he'll get 200pts and revive IZumi:p

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
He wont get 200 points,i just cant imagine him fighting.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 03:41 PM
He wont get 200 points,i just cant imagine him fighting.

may be a hazardous triger finger will do it , in a mysterious way , he kills the two aliens in one shoot !!

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
^Yeah i would liek to watch that,ok goodnight i need my sleep.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
^Yeah i would liek to watch that,ok goodnight i need my sleep.

what time is it ?? the time here is 5:58 in the Morning !!:eyeroll

Hollow Kurono
September 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
^For me it was 00.00

andreafraize
September 19, 2007, 10:56 AM
"Ok , 6 houres of difference hehe"

about izumi : he is like kurono , they both died out of the room , so if kurono loses his memory temporarely , izumi will too .

Hollow Kurono
September 19, 2007, 11:37 AM
Why will Izumi he died beein a Gantzer and i will refresh ur memory..Kurono remeber that he was a leader of the team.So its obvious to.

andreafraize
September 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
i'm sorry but , izumi was not dead a gantzer , he fought with the vampire to protected his girlfriend !!
and about Kurono , he's too killed by vampires outside his appartement !! both of them are dead outside Gantz's game , so it will require some time , like Tae when she was revived ! remember ?? she have been out of memory , then a few days she remembered everything !

Hollow Kurono
September 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
^^Who cares outside or not,Izumi was still a Gantzer,on duty or off,hes still a Gantzer and Kurono wasnt.And she didnt remeber everything,she remebered some things.If she remebered everything with Kurono i think they would be a pair togheter again.U should be avare of that.

andreafraize
September 19, 2007, 03:05 PM
^^Who cares outside or not,Izumi was still a Gantzer,on duty or off,hes still a Gantzer and Kurono wasnt.And she didnt remeber everything,she remebered some things.If she remebered everything with Kurono i think they would be a pair togheter again.U should be avare of that.

allright , i got it !! thank you very much !:D
i'm STUBBORN you know !? :darn

TheGenius
September 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
But why did Zumi left the room?

shego
September 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
I dug Izumi when he first showed up, everyone had just died on the Buddha Mission and from out of nowhere this really tall motherfucker shows up at Kei's school. And then the new volume starts, you see him sporting the suit with Kei next to him on the cover and you get real anxious.

Shit gets even tighter with him looking up Nishi's site and asking Kei about it and the next thing you know, massive chaos. The guy gives us a more broad example than Nishi of just how insane the elite in GANTZ can be. And it was just shocking how the anxiety was answered when you find out just HOW he makes it into the room.

Adding to all this is the blade, which became his signature weapon and just made this series go from really great to incredibly awesome for how he

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/192/gantzch230p12135gw.png

and everything.

I think he died too prematurely. I think him and Nishi would've added more to the Osaka mix since almost everyone in Tokyo is acting like such a goody 2 shoes, even Sakata which I find quite annoying from his character ( even though he's not really into the whole elite thing, he cleared it once but he plays all too safe ).

urdtakako
September 20, 2007, 03:52 AM
i'm waiting for someone to revive Izumi, and i ditto with Sheard's idea ^^

Hollow Kurono
September 20, 2007, 07:15 AM
But why did Zumi left the room?

i remeber sayin it,i think i said because he had something important in his life maybe back then.Thats why and now he doesnt and he missed that feeling of beein alife and he just wanted to have that feelin back.

Shinsatsu
May 10, 2008, 09:11 AM
I really think that Izumi is coming back soon. He's so far, the best Gantzer from Tokyo (I think that he's better than Kei, he's not a leader, but he believes that the mission comes first).
I think that after this mission, The Tokyo team members will get alot of points. Katou will revive Kei and Kei will ask them to revive Izumi just like he did with Nishi. Izumi will add a big value to the Tokyo team. If he didn't die before this mission, he would've kicked ass and showed the Osakan team who's better (Oka isn't included of course).
Izumi is my favorite character and I really want to see him back again. He and Nishi are my top favs!!

Vidal
May 10, 2008, 09:12 PM
After this, Shin, Oku may do a chapter about Izumi past. Maybe, we going to see a different Nishi...
I like Izumi very much too.

Vancyer
May 11, 2008, 06:45 AM
vidal, you coukd be onto something with the past thing there, however i dont think it will come too soon. we need to finish this mission and then get some answers before thta could even be considered

Vidal
May 11, 2008, 08:11 AM
About it, Vancyer, I agree with you.

Shion Izumi
June 02, 2008, 03:52 PM
Call me crazy, but I think that Host Samurai will revive Izumi when he eventually kills the Nura.

Reasons being

1) He will not leave the Gantz room
2) He wont take the weapon (Has his signature sword)
3) Will need strong allies to survive Gantz.

GAT-X252
June 02, 2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think so...

I like Izumi, but i think he is not coming back.

georgemarvin
August 23, 2008, 10:47 PM
**BUMP**
If one of them does revive Izumi, will he come back with his memory up to date, when he left Gantz or before the start of his last mission? There are several possibilities there.

I don't think Katou, Kei, Kaze, Sakata, Cherry, Reika or even Inaba would revive him, no matter how strong he is. Nishi might if he thinks Izumi would be more useful than a new weapon.

If I was writing the manga, I would bring back Sei instead; she's a great character who could become a powerful warrior and doesn't have the baggage that Izumi does.

TheGenius
August 24, 2008, 04:07 PM
**BUMP**
If one of them does revive Izumi, will he come back with his memory up to date, when he left Gantz or before the start of his last mission? There are several possibilities there.

I don't think Katou, Kei, Kaze, Sakata, Cherry, Reika or even Inaba would revive him, no matter how strong he is. Nishi might if he thinks Izumi would be more useful than a new weapon.

If I was writing the manga, I would bring back Sei instead; she's a great character who could become a powerful warrior and doesn't have the baggage that Izumi does.

Well, manga-wise, like I said before, Hiroya detested Izumi, so he's not coming back!

I'd bring back Togo and Sei, but that is not the right thread! We could chat in the Who would you revive? (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20340&page=5)

Mr.Aaron
August 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well, manga-wise, like I said before, Hiroya detested Izumi, so he's not coming back!

I'd bring back Togo and Sei, but that is not the right thread! We could chat in the Who would you revive? (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20340&page=5)

Hiroya beat Izumi? o_o

What a twist.

Maybe Hiroya was wearing a Hikawa mask? :tem

BigCamaro
August 24, 2008, 06:29 PM

Did Oku really hate Izumi? he sure kept him around a while.
ch 279 spoiler: It seems Hoi Hoi is on pace to bring back Izumi

TheGenius
August 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hiroya beat Izumi? o_o

What a twist.

Maybe Hiroya was wearing a Hikawa mask? :tem

Hiroya is not that gangster! (pss ; he is the writer!)

Did Oku really hate Izumi? he sure kept him around a while.
ch 279 spoiler: It seems Hoi Hoi is on pace to bring back Izumi

I saw that on an interview or some....If I have a link, I'll edit my post.

He said that Izumi was too perfect and he hated such characters. His only flaw is that he had very little morale sense. If you didn't notice, most characters in Gantz have major life issues, except for Zumi, who is near perfection. Talented all-around, crazy ass Gantzer, it was simply too much. He would have weighed too much in the mission and would threw the balance off against Nura. It would not have been a real struggle, even though he would have most probably died or badly injured. But as smart as he is, he would be too good. Kurono did the same.

georgemarvin
August 24, 2008, 09:36 PM
looks like Hoi Hoi might bring Izumi back. I hadn't ever thought of that one before. But if you remember Butter Dog's reaction to Gantz' insults, it's pretty clear that the animals can understand what Gantz is saying, so he may be able to understand them.

Izumi wasn't close to perfect. He was a self-absorbed mass-murderer who left the rest of the team to die while he went out on his own to hunt the boss aliens.

But I don't think that Izumi will be what comes back. If he gets rezzed, it will probably be the Izumi that was the leader of the Gantz team. He will wonder what happened during the last couple of years. We would get the original, who could both shed some light on the whole situation and would be a totally different person from the mass murderer that we have come to know and hate. It would make some very interesting storylines, too. We would learn how the same personality with a different set of memories could be so familiar yet so different at the same time.

kaliayev
August 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
@genius
i don't think i would call living in complete social isolation, at least in regards to his attitude to the people around him, a perfect life. jebus, he and nishi are so disconnected from everyone that gantz becomes an ideal lifestyle for them. he may have been outwardly perfect but the guy was always living a lie.

@george
it would be nice to get a look at the first izumi. maybe he wasn't such a bad guy back then.

TheGenius
August 24, 2008, 11:47 PM
looks like Hoi Hoi might bring Izumi back. I hadn't ever thought of that one before. But if you remember Butter Dog's reaction to Gantz' insults, it's pretty clear that the animals can understand what Gantz is saying, so he may be able to understand them.

Izumi wasn't close to perfect. He was a self-absorbed mass-murderer who left the rest of the team to die while he went out on his own to hunt the boss aliens.

Well, from out point of view, he is totally flawed. From his point of view, he does not think so. He didn't understood why Kurono scored more or close than him at the dino mission.

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 05:06 PM
honestly I've started thinking that izumi coulda just been a plot device. Either that or the word coincidence seems to follow this guy alot.

Firstly a new student in kurono's class and kurono gets to show him around, he just happens to be a hunter.

Secondly he got exactly 100 points now after seeing what katou scored in osaka arc its possible he took out a 100 pointer or got 100 points in one round, this leads me to believe he might've used the same strategy as nishi.

Thirdly the one day he decides to go kill alota people in tokyo, he runs into a celebrity, two esp users, and the f****** countryside general.

The vamps just happen to have his picture which is kind of how they were introduced to knowing the hunters

Lastly he knew nishi which is a way of making nishi's character more important in the plot wtf is up with that.

MissingLimb
August 29, 2008, 05:56 PM
I can't see Izumi coming back for two reasons. The first is the same reason I didn't think Kurono would come back (I was wrong). Before their deaths Kurono and Izumi (for Izumi moments before) had redeemed themselves. They stopped being assholes and became good people, so they were done developing. If Oku wanted anymore character development for them, he'd have to make them into Katous. I like Katou, but three of him would make anyone cry.

More importantly, Oku stated he didn't like Izumi, so why the $#@% would he bring him back?

Hollow Kurono
August 30, 2008, 02:31 PM
I can't see Izumi coming back for two reasons. The first is the same reason I didn't think Kurono would come back (I was wrong). Before their deaths Kurono and Izumi (for Izumi moments before) had redeemed themselves. They stopped being assholes and became good people, so they were done developing. If Oku wanted anymore character development for them, he'd have to make them into Katous. I like Katou, but three of him would make anyone cry.

More importantly, Oku stated he didn't like Izumi, so why the $#@% would he bring him back?

Katou is different from Kurono and Izumi,they are all different,maybe Kurono tried to look and idolize Katou,but he just cant,cause hes way to different,Izumi wont even idolize both of them,hell do things hes way,if he comes back anyway and when he sacrificed for his girlfriend,yeah he did a good thing,but that realy bothered me,the guy killed hundreds to get to the room and he sacrificed everything for one sould,that he didnt even care about,actualy he was someway forced to date her..anyway he should come back,makes the stroy better.

I dont think Oku likes NIshi to,but he brought him back.Why not bring back Izumi.If Oku starts to play favourites,it will be a letdown,Im just not gonna go with Katou as the main charachter,still I dont think this Kurono comeback is gonna go smoothly.

Well, from out point of view, he is totally flawed. From his point of view, he does not think so. He didn't understood why Kurono scored more or close than him at the dino mission.

Cause he only saw him kill one alien and you know he got shocked when that happens you dont think straight,you just dont want to be wrong but always right so,then he realized I think.But he didnt think he killed that many,but it sure ticked him off.

Hoi-Hoi bringing Izumi back,well I didnt expect him gettin 40 points,so Im not expectin him bringing him back either,hell probably be like "...." anyway just bring him back.

Masterchief
August 30, 2008, 09:52 PM
i dunna, i kinda feel like he has no importance anymore. I mean originally he was used as a plot device to introduce reika and co. as well as the vamps, what good would he be now? he clearly doesnt want to get out of the room, so theres no desire for freedom there.

Hollow Kurono
August 31, 2008, 12:39 AM
i dunna, i kinda feel like he has no importance anymore. I mean originally he was used as a plot device to introduce reika and co. as well as the vamps, what good would he be now? he clearly doesnt want to get out of the room, so theres no desire for freedom there.

Freedom?Izumis freedom is Gantz and the missions and all those battles.He cant live without it,thats way he came so he isnt bothered with those things as freedom..what good?Hes as good as Kurono,why would you leave a Gantzer like that?Yes an asshole big deal,Nishi was an asshole still came back,Kurono can say some in it,or maybe Nishi.They remind all of those shows where theres a hero and,hmm like Goku and Vegeta,but in here its all so different with them,I just like these two people.

Host Samurai
August 31, 2008, 08:25 AM

I think that Izumi is important to story just like Nishi they both have a lot of information about Gantz but they haven't shared it yet :p. IIRC wasn't these two who talked about other Gantz Teams across the world and I remember that Izumi wanted to proof to the whole world that the Japanese Gantz Team are the best? IMO Izumi hasn't fullfilled his purpose...

Nomiya
August 31, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hes as good as Kurono

According to the Gantz Manual Izumi is actually better than kurono.

Izumi:

http://i36.tinypic.com/xbi9w0.jpg

Kurono:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2gx0jly.jpg

Izumi was the perfect Gantzer.

Hollow Kurono
August 31, 2008, 09:06 AM
According to the Gantz Manual Izumi is actually better than kurono.

Izumi:

http://i36.tinypic.com/xbi9w0.jpg

Kurono:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2gx0jly.jpg

Izumi was the perfect Gantzer.

Stats dont mean shit,he couldnt even touch Oni boss,while Kurono was pounding him,I say even.Kurono shatered those perfect stats of his..I say even.

Masterchief
August 31, 2008, 09:27 AM
well nishi and izumi most likely have the same info, infact nishi might have more considering he was in the room longer. Also izumi is the one who got the kill for the oni boss not kurono, but kurono did do a better job against him. I do agree that izumi is a better hunter overall.

MissingLimb
August 31, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hes as good as Kurono,why would you leave a Gantzer like that?Yes an asshole big deal,Nishi was an asshole still came back,Kurono can say some in it,or maybe Nishi.They remind all of those shows where theres a hero and,hmm like Goku and Vegeta,but in here its all so different with them,I just like these two people.

Wait "just an asshole big deal". I think massacring thousands of civilians just to satisfy your bloodlust justifies a little more than "an asshole".

@Nomiya: that's really interesting. I need to read the Gantz manual.

georgemarvin
August 31, 2008, 03:26 PM
@nomiya: Do you have a link to the manual? I read it like years ago, but I haven't seen anything but that dinky little anime manual since then.

Nomiya
August 31, 2008, 04:15 PM
@nomiya: Do you have a link to the manual? I read it like years ago, but I haven't seen anything but that dinky little anime manual since then.

Completely in japanese:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=BI95KS6U

skitvitum
September 02, 2008, 05:58 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Anywayz, everybody keeps on going about what an a-hole Izumi is and that he's heartless and such. But at the same time they all keep forgeting one thing.

After Izumi killed Tae in the Tae mission, he revealed the 100 points menu. Until that point nobody knew about the menu, they just knew that they can be set free after reaching 100 points. But Izumi for no apparent reason let them know about the other two options. Why? Because kiling Tae was a requirement, and the mission had to be folowed through. Izumi knew that. So he killed Tae, because there was no way around it. And then he showed he had a soul. Revealing 100 pts. menu was exclusively for Kurono. So he would know that not all was lost.

In that regard, Izumi really wasn't that bad.

just my two cents

MissingLimb
September 02, 2008, 05:45 PM
I looked back at that issue, and it seems like Izumi could've been showing Kurono he could revive Tae, but he didn't have to kill her. If he really had a heart he would've let the time run out and lost his points.

Regardless, what I think people keep forgetting is the Shinjuku massacre. Besides him being an asshole in general, the only reason I really dislike him is that. Actually, he was kinda nice when they first introduced him.

warbandit66
September 02, 2008, 05:49 PM
He's a violent sociopath they often are nice up until the moment they snap.

Nomiya
September 02, 2008, 06:01 PM
He's a violent sociopath they often are nice up until the moment they snap.

He's definitely a big PSYCHOPATH!

Remember that Shinjuku holocaust.

I just found this little and interesting biography about him:

Izumi Shion is a psychotic yet skilled teenager who participates in the game and wins his freedom before the series' start.

Though he has no memories of the game, he was able to infer that he once participated in its events through Nishi Joichiro's website. It is through this website that he is able to find Kurono Kei, the one name listed throughout the entire site, and enter his school. There he encounters the alien Kurono failed to eliminate and attempts to fight against it. Although he loses, he does force the creature to escape from its suit; he also provides enough time for Kei to change into his suit and re-enter the room.

After this event, he desires to return to the game more than before. It is around this time that Izumi finds a miniature Gantz in his room requesting that he bring new players into the room. Once he finds it, Izumi calls Kurono with false information about an alien to drag him out into the open. Here, he attempts to force Kurono into killing him in order to prevent the Shinjuku Holocaust; Kurono fails to do so.

The next day Izumi dons a disguise, enters Shinjuku, and uses a SMG and a pistol to rampage through the streets, killing Hiroto Sakurai, Kenzo Sakata, Daizaemon Kaze, and either injuring or killing 387 bystanders in broad daylight. By doing this, he not only brings Gantz new participants but also becomes one himself as he is killed by Kurono in a standoff.

He is a skilled swordsman and is the first to use the Gantz Sword, a katana with a retractable blade that was hidden in one of the apartment's rooms. He can easily be seen as Kei Kurono's "unfeeling" and arrogant rival whose only ambition is to live his life striving to be the best Gantz fighter. He is willing to take innocent lives to make it happen (e.g. killing Kojima Tae in one of the missions, although he also states that they will be killed unless they kill her). He often acts alone in missions, though he will grudgingly ally with the main team if he knows he can't beat an enemy by himself.

When he earns 100 points for the second time, Izumi choses Option #2 - a strong weapon. Before he can use it, however, he is attacked by a legion of vampires in front of his apartment. He disposes of all of them, only to be attacked by the four vampire leaders. Izumi manages to kill three of the leaders and is in combat with the blond vampire before his girlfriend, Ryōko, rushes toward him. Izumi, surprising even himself, protects her from the final blow by shielding her with his own body.

He then marvels at the scores of dead vampires he felled and states that he is definitely going to hell. In addition, he wonders at the beauty of his girlfriend and why he never noticed it before; he makes a broken promise to go to Disneyland with her the next day.

As of the end of Phase I, Izumi has not been revived.

http://gantz.wikia.com/wiki/Izumi_Shion

Kozar927
September 05, 2008, 12:57 PM
something I think alot of people forget is that Izumi started to remember about gantz due to journals that he kept during the hunts (again goes to show how sloppy gantz is, not even caring that people record the hunts and then remember them later.)
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/119/15/

georgemarvin
September 05, 2008, 04:48 PM
I believe the journal that Izumi is talking about is Nishi's journal from his website; that's what led him to Kei's school in the first place. Evidently, he found Kei because Nishi used his name in the site when he was describing the onion alien hunt.

If Izumi had kept a journal of his own, he would have had a lot more info about his own time in the Gantz team.

Kozar927
September 05, 2008, 05:20 PM
@george

Ah that makes alot more sence. Thanks for clearing this up.

RuinX
September 06, 2008, 12:03 AM
Here is my thought about Izumi:
Izumi has that attitude like nishi "you fuck with me and your going to fucking regret it" which I like also hes Athletic, very intelligent, and has that persona of being the best, only at gantz anyway. As far as the gantz manual is concerned Izumi stats are better than Kurono, but I bet Kurono's stats during the oni mission surpassed Izumi's when Kurono had Tae on his mind, because Kurono was fighting for someone other than himself, and fighting for someone you care about makes you 2-3x stronger in theory anywayz. Izumi is the 2nd powerhouse in the gantz tokyo team (my opinion) first being Kaze and 3rd being Kurono. Another thing is, Izumi is always challenging himself and trying to breakthrough his surpressing limits if he has any to begin with to become a even better hunter. He didn't use his brain too much in the fight against the final boss in the oni mission, he got dealt with quick and just managed to get the killing blow and wasn't in there thick and thin like kurono was. Many people would call Izumi crazy, but his lust for gantz was raging so he answered up to it, and I would like to see Izumi's past missions to see why he acts cold toward everyone and possibly even to himself. Also Izumi is like the polar opposite of Kato, Kato is the loveydovey type, and Izumi is like Rawr? Now I'm just guessing but for me, at this point after that hectic nurai mission, even with Oka's crazy powersuite, it wasn't enough to beat him,YOU need strong allies to survive future missions, so reviving Izumi and maybe Sae would be the best idea and the sniper from the Buddah mission if kurono remembers his name. Izumi is definately an asset to anyone's team, just don't get in his way and don't test him because if required he'll kill you if your the mission =o. Also Izumi will help fight if required, hes not a total solo player. So I definately give the OK for Revival on Izumi =)

Zamamee
September 27, 2008, 03:45 AM
As far as I'm concerned Izumi is my favourite Gantzor, that urge to be the best and dominate everything is unmatched which makes the manga absolutely amazing for me. I so hope he gets rez'd and soon. Reminds me of Griffith off Berserk.

Masterchief
September 27, 2008, 06:30 AM
i still say hes just a plot device, too much facts to let it go. I also dont tihnk he will get reevived ever, izumi was a good gantzer ill admit that but not the best the osaka team proved that.

Zamamee
September 27, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hmm i agree, this is gantz after all and many people die including main characters (1 of the aspects that make Gantz so great). In my books Izumi was a great character and did his jobs which was to make Gantz manga absolutely a have have. His death and story (life) was 10/10 and doesn't need to be rez'd to finish his chaaracter development. Even If he stays dead he will still remain as an awesome character in Gantz and my personal favourite.

Masterchief
September 28, 2008, 08:38 AM
ya also if he was rez'ed he would either be a minor character kurono/kei would be we cant have 3 hereos on the same team.(also im not counting hs or nishi i dunna y not tho)

Zamamee
September 28, 2008, 08:51 AM
pfft! ill take Izumi over Kurono any day. Much more exciting in my opinion.

putopooche
November 16, 2008, 02:16 AM
well.. izumi fighting skills is very good.. there's a chance of him to defeat host samurai if his stupid girlfriend doesnt intrude the fight.. he's good in battle .. i also like his boastfulness and not thinking in escaping and dying.. i guess he will be revived he battle skills is needed in the coming nuke war :D

Damura
February 23, 2009, 07:02 AM
What's unrealistic about Izumi? There are sociopaths out there.... He's not an unrealistic character, it's just that he's not a normal person.

cassaruby
February 23, 2009, 12:18 PM
What's unrealistic about Izumi? There are sociopaths out there.... He's not an unrealistic character, it's just that he's not a normal person.

Izumi, Reika & HS seem too good at what they do, can't imagine meeting someone like them, ever.

Izumi, was perfect at everything, thought that was strange and the first character in gantz to have those qualitites.

Is there an idol as perfect as Reika in the real world, or a comparison? If she was good at fighting she'd have everything.

HS was ridiculous dodging lasers, I couldn't believe it, without him they'd all be dead. Would Izumi have dodged those lasers with his mad basketball skills?

Kaze is more realistic, because he is very skilled, yet has a limit. Izumi seemed limitless, even though he died... it was to HS.

Vegeta76896
February 23, 2009, 12:53 PM
Izumi, Reika & HS seem too good at what they do, can't imagine meeting someone like them, ever.

Izumi, was perfect at everything, thought that was strange and the first character in gantz to have those qualitites.

Is there an idol as perfect as Reika in the real world, or a comparison? If she was good at fighting she'd have everything.

HS was ridiculous dodging lasers, I couldn't believe it, without him they'd all be dead. Would Izumi have dodged those lasers with his mad basketball skills?

Kaze is more realistic, because he is very skilled, yet has a limit. Izumi seemed limitless, even though he died... it was to HS.

You shouldn´t forget about the fact this story is playing in japan. Japenese people can do anything and I mean anything. They are just like machines. If they do something, they do it good. And finishing school down there worse than A ruins your live. Did you ever see a report about "normal" people and how they live down there?
Even if tokyo is a very modern city this pressure to be the best is still there.
SO...I think Izumi beeing this "perfect" (in fact he wasn´t, because he hated his live without gantz) isn´t that surprising.

Mikako
February 23, 2009, 12:56 PM
Just a pretty idol who has some backbone and spirit. She's a gifted person, but nothing excellent about her (excluding her looks), nor intelligence nor combat skills.

Host Samurai is a vampire, 'nuff said.

cassaruby
February 23, 2009, 01:25 PM
Just a pretty idol who has some backbone and spirit. She's a gifted person, but nothing excellent about her (excluding her looks), nor intelligence nor combat skills.

Host Samurai is a vampire, 'nuff said.

I kinda assume Reika is Kurono's ultimate fantasy from the Kishimoto days. I'm not a Reika fan myself, but everyone in the manga seems to be.

@Vegeta
Also, never thought about the pressure of being perfect in Japanese society (or at least school), slipped my mind and how that relates to Izumi. Makes more sense now, I guess. Could be very wrong here, but Izumi also feels like an extension of Kurono. Maybe that's one reason Izumi seems unrealistic. Kurono was the opposite of Izumi in many ways, yet they were equals on the battlefield for different reasons.

warbandit66
February 23, 2009, 01:39 PM
Actually gantz overlooks some of the problems that affect young Japanese people, in fact I think the Japanese media intentionally glosses over them. I've read that alot of kids in Japan don't have much in the way of personality and confine themselves to there rooms/apartments, afraid to enter into further education, work or social activities. To me Izumi represents the nationalistic culture that the Japanese have, remember when he said that he wants the world to see how superior Japan is.

Renan
February 23, 2009, 03:04 PM
This is all deep and everything, but Izumi is dead. Let's not beat the dead horse anymore. And I'm not just saying this because I hate Izumi with a burning passion.

Asic
February 23, 2009, 03:11 PM
Bring Izumi back! Asshole aside, I would want him on my team.

Vegeta76896
February 23, 2009, 04:34 PM
I think Izumi will come back. The problem is, they all were buy bringing there friends back to life and now they are screwed, because they never got any better weapon...On the other hand i think it´s quiet interessting to see the story on the side of the weak ones. I mean, it would be pretty lame if gantz would have started with the osaka team or something like that.

Asic
February 23, 2009, 04:47 PM
I think Izumi will come back. The problem is, they all were buy bringing there friends back to life and now they are screwed, because they never got any better weapon...On the other hand i think it´s quiet interessting to see the story on the side of the weak ones. I mean, it would be pretty lame if gantz would have started with the osaka team or something like that.

Yea better weapons would have been nice, but teamwork and spirit seems to have gotten them further then expected.

Renan
February 23, 2009, 07:26 PM
I doubt Izumi will come back. He's just one of those characters.

warbandit66
February 23, 2009, 08:31 PM
Somebody once made a very good point about Izumi never once being pivotal in a mission.

Renan
February 23, 2009, 09:50 PM
That is very true. I wish I could have seen that post. Izumi truly does nothing of value except killing a few hundred vampires. Everything Izumi did Kurono could do better.

GAT-X252
February 24, 2009, 11:01 AM
Kurono would never do what izumi did with those vampires...

But Kurono is a better kid...:D

Midzuno
February 24, 2009, 12:44 PM
Kurono got lucky he met Katou (his role-model in relation to leadership, team-work and caring for others). Otherwise, he'd turn to someone like Izumi or Nishi. On the other hand, hadn't he met Katou, he wouldn't have gotten to Gantz either...

I think, the only person who can revive Izumi is Inaba. The latter never aknowledged Kurono's leadership and always opposed him. Thus, if Inaba SOMEHOW manages to score 100 points (and doesn't choose the 1st option!), there's a chance for Izumi to contribute smth to the nuclear-war-prevention mission.

Charlie
February 24, 2009, 03:06 PM
Lets say Inba gets 100 points, why would he free revive Izumi? I think he would try to free Rekia instead . A Rekia with no memories of Gantz equal prime target for Inba.

Now as for Izumi I do not know how or if he will get revived. A lot of peopel seem to want him back, maybe Oku will amuse us and have the poor old panda save him :).

JediKnight
February 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
I think Izumi if he had is memories might be able to tell the other Gantzer
about Katastrophe. I believe he might know more than Nishi. And the vampires
have a file on Izumi too, that just shows his badassness. I see Izumi coming
back alive real soon.

Renan
March 04, 2009, 09:07 PM
I honestly hated Izumi with a burning passion. He acted like such a dick and was not part of the team. His only good moment was when he took out all those vampires.

JediKnight
March 05, 2009, 10:22 AM
I personally, would've like to see Izumi interact with the Osaka team. Also
it would be cool For Izumi and Katou to meet each other. They're total
oppisites.

roxas_strife2
April 22, 2009, 05:07 PM
I want Izumi to comeback, but I don't see it happening anymore really. I love his antagonistic role. I love how he is the golden boy gone astray. He's easily my second favorite character. I don't think Kei would have developed so well were it not for his influence. He really was an amazing combatant. It's difficult to even imagine catastrophe without him...

BrazilianGantzer
April 23, 2009, 08:00 AM
Why is it hard to imagine Katastrophe without Izumi? The Italy mission was pretty chaotic in itself and he wasn't there...I've accepted his death in the story and I would rather he didn't come back.

roxas_strife2
April 23, 2009, 04:02 PM
Because Izumi would have loved the Rome mission. He would have considered it a chance to compete with the other nations, and I wish he had gotten to be there for it. Izumi was an important character for a long time, and I always imagined that if Gantz turned apocalyptic on us Izumi would be on the front lines.

Renan
April 23, 2009, 04:38 PM
Now that Hoi Hoi is dead there's no chance for Izumi returning.

BrazilianGantzer
April 24, 2009, 07:36 AM
The Tokyo team probably considers Nishi to be very similar to Izumi, especially because they both chose the 2nd option even though people needed reviving. They revived Nishi and he just laughed at them. I don't think they would waste another 100pts just to get a similar reaction. :p Plus, the Old Man is dead and even if they got 100 more pts, they would revive him.

The Italy mission was the "last mission before Katastrophe". Izumi will miss it, I guess, since there will be no more point scoring until after the Katastrophe (considering there even are points after Katastrophe.:darn

102jayday
May 23, 2010, 06:22 AM
i just bought volume 10 and notice a bit differences in trans. the text message kurono gets in chapter 118 is izumi (i think or his gf but i think izumi cause he says disney land) izumi says book a hotel near disney land.

then in that chapter he ask tae to come to disney land with him. But when they talked and she said he is changing. the trans at the time made izumi say "i think so too" (strange saying that, its like uhh i lose you win!) in the trans volume he says "Like i said we've the same". He was kinda in love with Kurono, thinking they were the same, but he thought to himself that the izumi who got a 100 points was on a different level and kurono wasn't his equal or the same.

I have notice Izumi mentions disney land a few times lol... even when he died it was like his last words lol!!!

electricfriends
August 10, 2010, 09:00 PM
I don't think Izumi will be coming back, He was somewhat of a puzzle to me at first, because I wondered why Oka had even bothered making him the way he was if he hated him as much as he seems to, but I came to the conclusion that:

1) Like everyone here says, Izumi is a plot device. He brings new people into the Gantz room, becomes the new evil character to take over from Nishi, provides conflict in the form of finding out about Gantz and later killing Tae, and he reveals what happens when you get 100 points. After Nishi came back he couldn't stay because the team needed to be at risk for the Nurarihyon mission. He serves as a foil and mirror to Kei (and perhaps Kato too- he looks kind of like him), showing him what he could have become had he given in to Gantz completely.

2) Oka says he hates him because he's too perfect. Fair enough, but why would you make a perfect character anyway? They usually turn out to be story-breaking. My theory is that Oka's editor/the magazine company looked at their market research one day, and went "holy fuck, chicks read this comic? CROSSOVER APPEAL!!! What do girls like...? Bishonen! Oka, put a bishonen in!". Oka grudgingly make his previous plot-fodder character (who he probably wanted to be intelligent and a good fighter, but now has to be pretty as well) into Izumi, but he doesn't like it. He wants more boobie ladies! I think that the scene in the dinosaur mission where the triceratops drools on Izumi's face (which...looks like something else...) and then says something like "Is that really a man?" is his way of bashing on Izumi.

I think Izumi has other flaws besides being evil. He is too arrogant, overestimating himself and consequently underestimating others, like he did in the dinosaur arc where he presumed the dinosaurs inside were the only aliens to kill, and that Kurono could not possibly get more points than him.

gnut
August 11, 2010, 02:54 PM
one thing izumi did was get us ready for an off the wall osaka team,with his unbias killing spree.he also showed us true strength besides nishi who just sneaks around and never had a close combat battle like kei/kato,besides punching one of those suzuki aliens.izumi showed he was strong in the game or out,that is where our kei is now.the drive to survive instead of shitting his pants like in the beginning.

warbandit66
August 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
I seem to recall Izumi on his knees with a look of despair on his face after biting off more than he could chew once he came up against the Oni boss. I'm not saying he isn't strong, but he was never really tested apart from that fight against the lightening Oni.

gnut
August 11, 2010, 03:41 PM
remember he knocked off 20 sthing vamps in the real world.in the game he took out those trycirotops by himself.pretty strong set up guy for what was to come that's all i'm saying.i really didn't like him any way.lol....

warbandit66
August 11, 2010, 03:58 PM
I agree with you that those are tremendous fetes but I think he believed himself to be far greater than he actually was. I don't think he was superior to Kei at all, he didn't show enough resourcefulness.

gnut
August 11, 2010, 04:08 PM
he was kei's kick start though and kei his.maybe they needed each other at that time,remember kei had no memory and izumi's was coming back.

102jayday
August 12, 2010, 08:36 AM
Izumi bought the sword into it, which was cool.
Like i didn't like him, i hated he got the chick who kurono was eyeing at first, the other transfer student, she was cute.

But i liked him being the bad guy the one to hate and beat....like a final boss.

Im just saying his good for plot as his an antagonist. Who is a antagonist in this??? seb? gantz? they all die off quick so yeah.

JediKnight
August 13, 2010, 08:23 PM
I wished Katou would've met Izumi. Katou would've
put Izumi in his place. Izumi got what he deserved! No matter
how good he was in missions, he was a bastard.

102jayday
August 13, 2010, 08:45 PM
It would of been interesting, but i think izumi would punch katou in the gut and say out of the way. Katou would hate him heaps because they are opposites.

JediKnight
August 14, 2010, 02:41 PM
That would only work on Kurono, Katou is a bit different.
Too bad they will never meet.

Mr.Aaron
August 14, 2010, 04:46 PM
They have met. o_o
Remember?
When kei ress'd him?

JediKnight
August 14, 2010, 05:08 PM
That's true they did meet. But they didn't have any interaction
with each other.

NishiM
August 14, 2010, 08:34 PM
That's too bad that he died before the Katastrophe has begun, I can't tell that he would rescue people and care about anyone's sake, but I'm pretty sure that he might have been an excellent alien killing machine.
I mean, he really was the ideal gantzter, effeciently destroying everything on his road, merciless and without any regret, compassion or empathy.

Which could have been very useful against these mighty invaders.

GAT-X252
August 14, 2010, 09:14 PM
I wished Katou would've met Izumi. Katou would've
put Izumi in his place.

How exactly? Kato was never good at talking and they are both pretty much the same when it comes to fight.

And why would they discuss in the first place?

Damura
August 16, 2010, 08:23 AM
How exactly? Kato was never good at talking and they are both pretty much the same when it comes to fight.

And why would they discuss in the first place?

Really? I would have thought Izumi would rape Katou if they had to fight. I was really, really surprised at how well he did during the Nuri mission. He wasn't that great before he died... Izumi stood a good chance against Kei 1 on 1 I think, and Katou never really could keep up with Kei. Opinions!

It's hard to judge at the moment (for me, anyway) where Katou stands in the group. Kei's definitely at the top, but it's hard to rank everyone else. They've all got their strengths and weaknesses. I would have ranked them like this

Kei > Izumi > everyone else > Hoi Hoi > Takeshi > Inaba

JediKnight
August 16, 2010, 09:38 AM
Kurono was second to Katou. Katou is a better Gantzer than Kuruono
and a better leader. It's not about Izumi and Katou taliknig, it's more
about how they would react to each other. Knowing Katou after
hearing some of the stuff Izumi did, Katou would put Izumi in his place.
Unlike Kurono who just let Izumi do whatever he wanted.

GAT-X252
August 16, 2010, 12:11 PM
I doubt it.

Kato doesn't focus too much in the past, remember when he stopped Kei from attacking the vampire? well, Izumi killed tons of people but the vampire also did, and did he "put him in his place"?

No, he didn't even spoke to him after the beggining of the Osaka arc. Not to mention Izumi is far less dangerous than the vampire, Izumi killed those people to get to the room and Tae because she was a Gantz target.

@Damura: I think Izumi was better than Kurono.

Shion Izumi
August 16, 2010, 12:18 PM
Yes Izumi was the best Gantzer IMO. He also had the best back story and arrival in the manga. Most interesting character and incredible warrior. Too bad he was not around during Nuri. I would have loved to see him and HS team up.

Damura
August 16, 2010, 10:13 PM
@Damura: I think Izumi was better than Kurono.

Probably, but Kurono always manages to pull off some crazy stunts when he's under pressure that tend to put him in the lead.
[hr]

Yes Izumi was the best Gantzer IMO. He also had the best back story and arrival in the manga. Most interesting character and incredible warrior. Too bad he was not around during Nuri. I would have loved to see him and HS team up.

Why would they team up? It would have gone like this: Izumi takes on Nurarihyon alone and is left broken by it. Tokyo steps in to save his ass. The end.

That's the way it always went, Izumi taking on more than he could handle only to be saved by the rest of the group.
[hr]

Kurono was second to Katou. Katou is a better Gantzer than Kuruono
and a better leader. It's not about Izumi and Katou taliknig, it's more
about how they would react to each other. Knowing Katou after
hearing some of the stuff Izumi did, Katou would put Izumi in his place.
Unlike Kurono who just let Izumi do whatever he wanted.

He didn't do anything about Nishi...

NatalielovesGantz
August 16, 2010, 11:12 PM
Kei > Izumi > everyone else > Hoi Hoi > Takeshi > Inaba

haha Inaba sucks.

digitaldude
August 17, 2010, 12:42 AM
Probably, but Kurono always manages to pull off some crazy stunts when he's under pressure that tend to put him in the lead.
<hr noshade size="1">

Why would they team up? It would have gone like this: Izumi takes on Nurarihyon alone and is left broken by it. Tokyo steps in to save his ass. The end.

That's the way it always went, Izumi taking on more than he could handle only to be saved by the rest of the group.
<hr noshade size="1">

He didn't do anything about Nishi...

He did in the first mission, he grabbed nishi and held him over the air, but let go after nishi said he would snap his arm.

Yeah, they won't team up ever, not after Izumi killed all of HS's comrades, maybe they could team up in a fanfiction or something.

Also Inaba does not suck, I like him.

Damura
August 17, 2010, 05:54 AM
^

I thought Kei did that to Nishi... anyway! Doesn't matter. Katou didn't do shit when Nishi killed a classroom full of kids.

I like Inaba too, but he still sucks.

NatalielovesGantz
August 17, 2010, 05:59 AM
yeh inaba is alright
he's just not good at gantz ;)

102jayday
August 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
Katou isn't better than kurono and isn't a better leader...reasons katou was all just good will. He wished for the best and that all would make it out alive. But he made moves that were confusing to him and the all. They were like ahh lets wing it.

Kurono use what katou said (the good will) to speak but he went further by teaching the others about gantz, training and doing strats at his house.

Izumi would put katou in his place just like nishi did, eg nishi said he would blow his arm off and katou is like ...tch damn. Izumi would ignore the views and values of what katou preaches off.
Like we got to save those innocent people!!!! izumi would say they are weak and have no meaning, something opposite of katou and get under his skin. He would tell katou how he is a hypocrite. even kei said not to worry about the innocent, in the dino mission (but katou is cool as being the nice guy who wants to save all, nothing wrong with that, its good. But oku tells us its more to get you dead)

personally i see izumi taking nurai on sort of like oka and then give up and say to the others to handle it. I could see him doing a sneak attack with the H gun or sword on nurai. Izumi has heaps of pride, he wouldn't lose, his smart. Charging head on like kurono would do wouldn't work against nurai.

in terms of gantzer it goes

Izumi, Kurono, Host samurai (skill), prob kaze/reika, katou, cherry. hoi hoi, butter dog, inaba.

ps i say Inaba sucks and still sucks.
Even though since nurai mission he made me lol. But he annoys me on how he tried to hook up with reika and still talks about how kurono sucks. But then in the italy mission he made me lol with his talking and then being a coward. But i did like how he stood up after old man died.

Chapter 293 "There are some who are destined never to be heroes" Lool

JediKnight
August 17, 2010, 01:29 PM
Ok Nishi's classmates had it coming, so lets not bring that up.
What Izumi did was waaaay worse.

NatalielovesGantz
August 17, 2010, 05:18 PM
i would to of liked to have seen Izumi in the Osaka Mission.
like when the the Osaka Team said don't kill anything it's ours.
he wouldn't of liked that, where as the Tokoyo Team just walked around for most of the mission.
And Kaze is definately better than Katou.

^^Also it was bad what Izumi did but if he didn't Gantz wouldn't have been so interesting ;)

102jayday
August 18, 2010, 03:41 AM
If the osaka team said that and izumi was there. He would be like hmph, don't get in my way. He would take one of there weapons when they died too.

Katou would cry about nishi classmates.... but true they asked for it lol

Damura
August 18, 2010, 07:41 AM
They let Katou fight, though... remember?

102jayday
August 19, 2010, 07:35 AM
They pretty much laughed at him and thought his gonna get killed by some alien.

El Samurai Guapo
August 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
Don't know what you guys are talking about, Katou is every bit as good as Kei. He took out probably the two toughest bosses we've seen yet from Gantz. His will to survive is also just as high as Kei's.

Strength wise Katou is superior Kei as well, probably second only to Kaze (remember how he easily beat the s*** out of the gay pro boxer?).

I say -in terms of skill as gantzers- the hierarchy would be: Kurono/Katou --> Izumi --> Nishi/Host Samurai --> Kaze --> Cherry/Reika/Sakurai/Old man --> everyone else.

102jayday
August 21, 2010, 11:01 PM
katou is too mercyful he even now uses the trap gun. eg italy mission and now he did it too lol.
Nurai would of killed him if it wasn't for anzu. Then host samurai pretty much did the main damage as then nurai was panicing and shooting everywhere. Katou just had the perfect shot.

Sure he beat the crap out of that boxer but izumi is stronger, well i think he is. Just looks it.

JediKnight
August 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
Please what Host Samurai did was nothing special. It was Katou's
leadership and strategy that defeated Nuri. Without Katou everyone
would be dead. That's why Katou had to comeback to life, to save
everyone. And Izumi is still dead.

El Samurai Guapo
August 23, 2010, 03:22 PM
Please what Host Samurai did was nothing special. It was Katou's
leadership and strategy that defeated Nuri. Without Katou everyone
would be dead. That's why Katou had to comeback to life, to save
everyone. And Izumi is still dead.

Yup, and let's not forget how he handled the Buddha statue after Kei and everyone else was pwned by it.

Don't know why people give him a hard time for using the Y-gun; it's one of the most effective tools in the gantz arsenal by far.

gnut
August 23, 2010, 04:38 PM
katou has real power without the suit,but remember during the first two missions.he held off the leech alien in a strength competion and literally squashed the shit out of the suzuki aliens with a bear hug,lol.izumi was a good gantzer but hand to hand katou would have smashed his face.remember kaze was going to kill him if it weren't for a semi-auto to the kneecaps,katou seems soft but don't get in between him and his brother.he would do what it takes to get back to ayumu,even if it means wasting someone or something....

Shion Izumi
September 20, 2010, 01:22 PM
Kurono>Izumi>Katou>Host Samurai>Nishi>Kaze

tonyyao82
July 18, 2011, 02:45 PM
I wrote something about Izumi recently. You can read it at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/7639124630/shion-izumi-gantz

I don't think he's coming back any time soon (especially with how things are going right now). I do miss him a bit, but the way his story was told was pretty good.

Damura
July 23, 2011, 06:14 AM
^

I disagree with the inferiority complex stuff. To me it seemed like his problem was closer to depersonalisation.

I don't think he had to work hard to become good at everything. He simply always was that way.

I have a problem with the idea that Izumi has implications for real world teenagers. You're asking questions like "is society responsible for people like Izumi".

First, we don't know anything about his past. Second, he's a fictional character. If you want to bring up these issues you need the appropriate evidence. The articles you supplied don't cut it.

tonyyao82
July 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
I do agree that we don't know anything about his past. It's all speculation regarding it.

I would have loved to see a GANTZ/Izumi omake or book, just like how Nishi got one.