PDA

View Full Version : Hangout The Gantz Hangout Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

xi0
July 28, 2007, 05:14 AM
This thread will serve as place to discuss smaller topics that don't necessarily need their own thread. Questions about Oku and the manga in general are welcome as well.

2ndKurono
July 28, 2007, 11:27 AM
ok so theres no need to start threads,well i have a cool idea.

what would u choose if Gantz was real and u got ur 100 points,what would u choose.

well i would choose to revive a friend if a friend died or i would get a stronger weapon,cause my life aint that excited and i realy dont want my memory beein erased and innocent people are beein killed,so it would be savier to be a Gantzer then a normal human.

Sheard
July 28, 2007, 01:01 PM
^^ Interesting question. I'd probably go with option 2 or 3. Not that I would enjoy killing them, as I'm sure I wouldn't... but option #1 means forgetting everything, not knowning the possible danger around you and not having a fighting chance to protect yourself or your friends/family if the aliens show up in an area where you tend to hang out.

Captain Marmoset
July 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
Actually, I think it depends on how long you've been playing. If your first mission was one of the ones where you could get 100 points easy, option 1 isn't a bad idea. But I think that the longer you stay, the more you have to go with one of the other options.
It's not safe to lose a huge chunk of memory.

2ndKurono
July 29, 2007, 04:46 AM
yeah maybe if u can find that web page which Nishi made and then u look at it and remeber but then yeah maybe no.1 is an option.

do u think that u could hide those gunz somewhere then choose no.1 option and thats to go home and then u find those weapons under ur bed which u hid?u thinkk Gantz woulld take them to?

Sheard
July 29, 2007, 11:33 AM
I don't think gantz would let you keep any weapons. Kurono was wearing one of the suits still when he was teleported out after choosing option one and found himself laying in his own bed wearing normal clothing.

Unless he messed up again like when he takes people that haven't complete died, he's most likely not going to let you keep anything.

2ndKurono
July 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
i meant if he hid a weapon under a bed,or something.Not if u were with the weapon when u got back.

Captain Marmoset
July 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
Well, as long as you didn't know where it came from, it wouldn't matter, right? That biker guy had the gun around, but he didn't get in trouble until he kept on screwing around and telling everyone about it. And if you don't know where it came from, you wouldn't get your head blown up.

Actually, could Gantz blow your head up after you've left?

Sheard
July 29, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Gantz could. Those bombs are a sort of control he has over people, and odds are that he's not going to take them out if he lets someone go just in case they start remembering things.

Okay here's something I've been pondering - Can Izumi even be resurrected? Because when he dies, it is shown on the television news that he is dead, which means his body was left there for regular people to find.

If he could be, would anyone besides Hoi Hoi even want to do it because even though the character is mega cool (if you're the reader), he did make some enemies within the Gantz team in terms of being recognized him as their murderer.

xi0
July 29, 2007, 10:32 PM
I only think Sakata and Sakurai figured out that Izumi was the man in disguise, but that doesn't meant he didn't tell the others.

As far as the body thing goes, it could have just been a plot-hole or a mistake by gantz, like in the case of duplicating Kishimoto. I'm thinking it's probably just a plot-hole.

Sheard
July 29, 2007, 11:34 PM
^^ Actually if I remember, Sakata figued it out on his own then told Sakurai, when the later mentioned Izumi possibly being in trouble with the vampires. Considered that nobody other than his girlfriend (who isn't part of Gantz) showed up when Izumi went against all the vampires, I figured that Sakata probably told some of the others on the team besides Sakurai. There's been a few chapters where it is clear enough that Oku isn't telling us every single thing that the characters are doing.

Sure there are those like Nishi would wouldn't help anyway because they're that sort, but I couldn't imagine everyone abandoning Izumi to deal with so many enemies by himself unless they didn't know or if they thought he was getting what he deserved.

The other thing I found odd and most definately a plot hole here...
Kurono dies at the end of Phase 1 while not being part of Gantz. Technically Gantz could have just taken him and forced him to go back to work again like with Izumi, but he's still dead in Phase 2 with the team talking about wanting to resurect him in chapter 238 then again in 241. That one had me wondering if Oku had originally intended to end Gantz completely with chapter 237... then decided to continue the series.

However I do have to admit that rereading the entire series back-to-back while we're waiting on 254 does make possible plot holes stick out a bit more. (Don't get me wrong here. Despite the nitpicking on my part, I do love gantz to bits.)

xi0
July 30, 2007, 01:01 AM
^^ Actually if I remember, Sakata figued it out on his own then told Sakurai, when the later mentioned Izumi possibly being in trouble with the vampires. Considered that nobody other than his girlfriend (who isn't part of Gantz) showed up when Izumi went against all the vampires, I figured that Sakata probably told some of the others on the team besides Sakurai. There's been a few chapters where it is clear enough that Oku isn't telling us every single thing that the characters are doing.

Sure there are those like Nishi would wouldn't help anyway because they're that sort, but I couldn't imagine everyone abandoning Izumi to deal with so many enemies by himself unless they didn't know or if they thought he was getting what he deserved.

The other thing I found odd and most definately a plot hole here...
Kurono dies at the end of Phase 1 while not being part of Gantz. Technically Gantz could have just taken him and forced him to go back to work again like with Izumi, but he's still dead in Phase 2 with the team talking about wanting to resurect him in chapter 238 then again in 241. That one had me wondering if Oku had originally intended to end Gantz completely with chapter 237... then decided to continue the series.

However I do have to admit that rereading the entire series back-to-back while we're waiting on 254 does make possible plot holes stick out a bit more. (Don't get me wrong here. Despite the nitpicking on my part, I do love gantz to bits.)

The reason I think that Sakata told no one else because no one else showed up to help Izumi.

You're right about that plot hole concerning Kurono's death though, maybe Gantz just liked Izumi more? :eyeroll

Captain Marmoset
July 31, 2007, 09:31 PM
Gsntz told Izumi that it needed more, better people right? Well, he gave it some very skilled people, so Gantz let him back. Maybe Gantz didn't give Kei the offer because it felt the people it had were good enough for now. Plus, Izumi did go a little insane when he rediscovered Gantz.

But, that's just my point of view.

Sheard
August 01, 2007, 12:08 AM
Gsntz told Izumi that it needed more, better people right? Well, he gave it some very skilled people, so Gantz let him back. Maybe Gantz didn't give Kei the offer because it felt the people it had were good enough for now. Plus, Izumi did go a little insane when he rediscovered Gantz.

But, that's just my point of view.

Oh I do think that Gantz and Izumi had a pre-existing arrangement made. Izumi was supposed to find his way back after sending a bunch of people to Gantz. I did find it odd a bit that his death was mentioned on the television, which implies that Gantz just left it there rather than wipe it while storing him in memory.

I can see reasons besides that for not taking Kurono back right away like with Izumi. Gantz probably knows that the team did try going to his aid and failed, so they might feel somewhat responsible for him dying. Gantz also probably knows that there are people on the current team that would use their 100 points to resurrect him. If someone does do it, it means that Gantz gets to keep someone capable longer as they won't be going home.

However Oku did give himself one big catch-all fix for all death-related plot holes in that as Nishi stated much earlier, Gantz does make mistakes... so both Izumi and Kurono can both be stored in memory, with the contradictions to prior behavior on Gantz's part is just being more errors.

Hollow Kurono
August 01, 2007, 07:20 AM
yeah Gantz is showin favourites,but Izumi is def in da data bank,well i dont think Kurono was cause he died not beein a Gantzer and thats the big key,but i have this theory if Kurono wasnt sent to the room the second time like Izumi did then it may be that hes alife somewhere.Probably.I wish it would.Cause i dont think Gantz wouldnt mind takin Kurono back to the room.

Sheard
August 03, 2007, 11:14 AM
I don't think it matters if Izumi is in the bank or not because Oku doesn't like the character. I was watching the DVDs last night that I borrowed, and they had like this mini-interview with Oku on one of the discs. (The actual quote was "I don't like Izumi all that much.") I think it's very bad for a character when the creator doesn't like it. Oku himself may dislike Izumi enough that he doesn't want the character brought back so let him die after one last big battle, with the intention of never resurrecting him.

Oh and speaking of the DVDs, it's funny because I already hated Kishimoto more than anyone... and the anime version just made me dislike her more (if that was even possible.) But on the other hand, some of the characters like Tetsuo that really didn't have any redeaming qualities in the manga ended up looking like nicer people in the anime.

Sheard
August 03, 2007, 02:30 PM
The Oku inverview was on disc #7 (first disc of season 2) It was him plus some actress named Chiaki Kuriyama that likes Gantz enough that she dressed like the blonde vampire. (She also looks a lot like the female vampire from the current phase 2 mission.) Unfortunately a lot of it was her babbling about stuff. The only bits that pertain directly to Gants were...

1. The little green onion alien was meant to be a sympathetic character.

2. Oku's favorite character is actually Kato. He likes characters with a sense of justice.

3. Oku doesn't like Izumi.

4. When favorite missions was mentioned, Oku said that the Buddhist statue one was special to him.

----

Tetsuo = the idiot gang leader that survived the Tanaka Aliens mission then got killed off afterwards. (Some of the names only appear on the DVD version or the Gantz Manual. I think his name showed up once in the scanlations I read.) I noticed that some of the characters went through personality changes from manga to anime because that character didn't really have any redeaming qualities in the manga.

Kishimoto's was the absolute worst... Manga she's just a user who pretty much wiggles her breasts at Kurono to manipulate him while playing innocent. Anime version, she pretty much the same thing plus during the Tanaka Alien mission, anime Kishimoto...
- sees Kurono running towards them with an alien and is "Why didn't you kill that first."
- then Nishi gets in trouble, she wants Kato to not help and tells Kurono to go jump down there
- then after the mission, she's all over Kato as usual.

We haven't watched Vol 7 (other than Oku's mini interview) but... I'm expecting her to continue leeching off Kurono and treating him like dirt with no appology even despite having said two things to him that would have got him killed if he did them... which is what I really dislike even more about her.

Nishi has this speech in the anime that's priceless where he tells everyone off and essentially calls them all worthless. <3

Captain Marmoset
August 03, 2007, 09:43 PM
The show was pretty good. You probably won't like the ending. The final mission itself is fine, but afterwards it turns into some weird series of scenes that don't make any sense. I wish they had kept the show going, it was what got me into Gantz. It is weird that Tetsuo (the biker guy) was viewed as a much nicer person in the show, but he did turn into a jerk after the mission, so he had about the same result.

Hollow Kurono
August 03, 2007, 10:44 PM
I don't think it matters if Izumi is in the bank or not because Oku doesn't like the character. I was watching the DVDs last night that I borrowed, and they had like this mini-interview with Oku on one of the discs. (The actual quote was "I don't like Izumi all that much.") I think it's very bad for a character when the creator doesn't like it. Oku himself may dislike Izumi enough that he doesn't want the character brought back so let him die after one last big battle, with the intention of never resurrecting him.

well if its the truth then Izumi may not be comin back,noone would want him back anyways :notrust ,but the team needs him.Man Oku is gettin more anoyin to me,releasin one chapter in three weeks and now he tells that he doesnt like Izumi taht much.But i think he will bring him back.

Oh and speaking of the DVDs, it's funny because I already hated Kishimoto more than anyone... and the anime version just made me dislike her more (if that was even possible.) But on the other hand, some of the characters like Tetsuo that really didn't have any redeaming qualities in the manga ended up looking like nicer people in the anime.

whos Tetsuo?and what DVD is it?

And yeah the Tokyo Gantz team is better off without her.even tho i feel sorry for her.

Yo anyone think taht those guys in da Osaka team who cleared once got even stronger weapons then the stronger x-gun?if Gantz gives better Katanas stronger suits,or even faster suits and better stelth modes and as mis.7 makin him big as godzila,Tokyo team is way weak now,Katou,Host Samurai and Kaze have the chance only to stand up again them and still probably not the enitre fight.I think having back Kurono and Izumi would be a prety good choise for Tokyo Gantz ball,cause i dont think there are any stronger people.This is strongest group that Gantz can make.

popothepenguin
August 10, 2007, 01:25 AM
Agghhh, the anime was horrible. I don't know how Kishimoto's character could've been made any worse, but then I saw the episodes that were during Volume three. Kishimoto thought Kurono was a freak, and was using him to get a house. She's even more dumb and sympathetic in the anime than the manga.

I really didn't wish Izumi died. Not because I like Izumi, but because I would've wanted to see the tension between him and host samurai.

Tetsuo is the biker in the second mission. In the anime, they made him too much nicer. It didn't make him any more of a character, just different.

Katou is by far my favorite character, and I know a lot of people don't like him that much. He has just as much room to grow as kurono did, and its going to be a little bit of the opposite way. What most people don't understand about Katou is that he is kinda dumb and had never had any leadership experience before. His evolution to becoming their leader is something worth reading about. I also like Anzu a lot and think she will have great effect on Katou. I just wish Old man was more in it. I think he needs to be freed soon, cause nobody wants such a lovable old guy to die.

@hollow kurono
Do you remember the sword color pic from one of the recent second phase chapters. That wasn't an ordinary gantz sword. Notice the blue wires coming out of it? I'm pretty sure that's another variety of the Secondlevel weapon. There might be different suits and yguns as well. Maybe stronger stealth stuff. Why else would that Oka guy go through 7 cycles of this?

Hollow Kurono
August 10, 2007, 04:55 AM
Agghhh, the anime was horrible. I don't know how Kishimoto's character could've been made any worse, but then I saw the episodes that were during Volume three. Kishimoto thought Kurono was a freak, and was using him to get a house. She's even more dumb and sympathetic in the anime than the manga.

well cause we can hear her speak even tho she had a cute voice,and i hate the eng dubed animes they make Kurono look like his a thug.

I really didn't wish Izumi died. Not because I like Izumi, but because I would've wanted to see the tension between him and host samurai.

well there wouldnt be a tension,cause they fought one on one,only one had the chance gettin to the room,but ofcourse if theere werent that fight and they went for Kurono then they would be in dat room but there wont be any tension.

Tetsuo is the biker in the second mission. In the anime, they made him too much nicer. It didn't make him any more of a character, just different.

yeah hes way sweeter,and yo he tried to rape Tits and he used Kurono while in da anime he was used wih Kurono,its a good thing he died actualy.

Katou is by far my favorite character, and I know a lot of people don't like him that much. He has just as much room to grow as kurono did, and its going to be a little bit of the opposite way. What most people don't understand about Katou is that he is kinda dumb and had never had any leadership experience before. His evolution to becoming their leader is something worth reading about. I also like Anzu a lot and think she will have great effect on Katou. I just wish Old man was more in it. I think he needs to be freed soon, cause nobody wants such a lovable old guy to die.

well those who hate Katou are probably maniacs like Nishi,Katou is my fav char behind Kurono,Anzu i dont if she will,she actualy is older then Katou and has a kid,well he could be a father :D ,but he loves Kishimoto :notrust , i dont know why but he will have a great impact on the Tokyo team,when they get back and when he will have something to say cause i think some people will act like assholes and everyone will act normaly again when Kurono was.

@hollow kurono
Do you remember the sword color pic from one of the recent second phase chapters. That wasn't an ordinary gantz sword. Notice the blue wires coming out of it? I'm pretty sure that's another variety of the Secondlevel weapon. There might be different suits and yguns as well. Maybe stronger stealth stuff. Why else would that Oka guy go through 7 cycles of this?

welll yeah we discused it here and we made it clear that it aint no upgraded weapon.Well i know there will be upgraded suits,sending guns,x-guns but i dont think that was an upgraded sword,cause if it was then those sadist should probably have one cause they cleared it three times.

Sheard
August 10, 2007, 06:17 PM

I dunno... I found her to be less sympathetic. The way she constantly acted one way with Kurono during missions as if he was garbage and could go die for all she cared... then between missions, would wave her tits just enough at him to keep giving her free room and board.

I just thought Kishimoto was all around manipulative, but cute girly voices don't exactly work or do anything for me.

I agree that he was way too fluffy in the anime. I preferred the manga character only because he didn't feel like a character that I was supposed to be liking.

The only character I actually hate is Kishimoto. I'm a bit critical of Kato at times, but only because I think he's put on a pedestal a bit too much *blames Kishimoto a lot here* but I honestly do not think Kato is as good as a leader as he (or most of his fans) thinks. It seems to come more naturally for Kurono but if you take Kurono out of Gantz, he'd be equally bad at leading people. It's funny if you think about it - Kurono has to self confidence to lead people on Gantz missions, whereas Kato has that same confidence in the real world. Kato not being as smart also works against him a bit. Oh yea and the old guy really doesn't work without Kurono there.

Kurono is my favorite naturally just because we followed him around all of phase one... but I do also like Nishi, Hojo, Cherry and Kato (in no paticular order.)

Hollow Kurono
August 11, 2007, 09:50 AM
The only character I actually hate is Kishimoto. I'm a bit critical of Kato at times, but only because I think he's put on a pedestal a bit too much *blames Kishimoto a lot here* but I honestly do not think Kato is as good as a leader as he (or most of his fans) thinks. It seems to come more naturally for Kurono but if you take Kurono out of Gantz, he'd be equally bad at leading people. It's funny if you think about it - Kurono has to self confidence to lead people on Gantz missions, whereas Kato has that same confidence in the real world. Kato not being as smart also works against him a bit. Oh yea and the old guy really doesn't work without Kurono there.

well Katou newer was the leader of the team in da first place.Noone wants to folow a leader who is weak and he newer showed his strengts,until the end against that thousand arms,Kurono did thats why everyone wanted to follow him.

I dunno... I found her to be less sympathetic. The way she constantly acted one way with Kurono during missions as if he was garbage and could go die for all she cared... then between missions, would wave her tits just enough at him to keep giving her free room and board.

I just thought Kishimoto was all around manipulative, but cute girly voices don't exactly work or do anything for me.

Well she lacks brain power thats what,she afterall failer some entrance exam,i actualy dont care about her and dont want to talk about her in anyway.

Captain Marmoset
August 11, 2007, 10:15 AM

They work for me!

On another note, that recent chapter (255) was pretty good, despite the lack of action. It's interesting because it shows a totally different view of the Osaka guys. That heroin weirdo doesn't seem as psychotic a he used to be.

Now I want these guys to live past this mission to see what they're really like.

Hollow Kurono
August 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
They work for me!

On another note, that recent chapter (255) was pretty good, despite the lack of action. It's interesting because it shows a totally different view of the Osaka guys. That heroin weirdo doesn't seem as psychotic a he used to be.

Now I want these guys to live past this mission to see what they're really like.

well they sometimes do to me also,but if a girl doesnt know hot to talk,or has some other stupid things like Kishimoto has then :bye , would rather have Tae for a girlfrien then some slut who likes to party all the time,get drunk till she cant walk no more,that smokes and gets in bed with anyone and if she finds a guy who pretier or has something he hasnt then bye bye for me.

My dream girl is Satsuki from Ichigo 100%.Shes prety,talks probably more then i do,shes lowder then i am and she could fight a bunch of girls at the same time.Cause im not realy into defending girls from girls.

As psychotic as he used to,dude look at his eyes theyre are maniacal,they want to kill,these are more psychotic then Nishis.This dude will atack the entire bunch of those aliens.

Captain Marmoset
August 13, 2007, 08:16 AM
As psychotic as he used to,dude look at his eyes theyre are maniacal,they want to kill,these are more psychotic then Nishis.This dude will atack the entire bunch of those aliens.

The thing about the aliens isn't the point. Of course he wants to kill aliens, that's what Gantz wants you to do. I'm saying that this guy doesn't seem to be as heartless about other people like the resy of the Osaka guys. He actually saved a guy's life. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but still, that makes him less heartless than the Osaka guys who didn't seem to care when people died.

Hollow Kurono
August 13, 2007, 12:08 PM
^well i dont think so,he killed those aliens cause he needed points and he used that nerdo to help him with aliens.Cause he will get pissed doing all that.

Captain Marmoset
August 13, 2007, 11:43 PM
Why would he need help? Did he really need a guy to hold a laptop that told him what he already knew (that it was a weak alien)?

There was no real reason for him to save that guy. There is more to the Osaka team- or at least the heroin addict- than meets the eye.

Robots in disguise
Sorry, couldn't help myself

Hollow Kurono
August 18, 2007, 05:06 AM
^well i think it would take him less time to have a partner then byhimself to hold laptop,see how much points u would get for an alien,drive a bike and kill aliens at the same time,dont u think so?

Captain Marmoset
August 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
Well, yeah. Even if the heroin guy picked the virgin up just to use him,it doesn't change the fact that he saved that guy's life. And he didn't just blow the guy off when he saved either. He could've just left that guy alone and let him die. Instead, he made the virgin tag a long with him, which could keep him alive a little longer, pending any sneak attacks or stupid mistakes.

Hollow Kurono
August 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
^thats probably exactly what i said.

Captain Marmoset
August 22, 2007, 12:51 AM
Probably?:p

Hollow Kurono
August 22, 2007, 01:02 AM
probably,i squezed it in few sentences and u made an entire speach.

Captain Marmoset
August 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
That wasn't a speech. I don't have enough attention to write a whole blown out
[hr]
speech.

Hollow Kurono
September 06, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yo this thread is dead,ill revive it.

I jsut thought who was stronger the Oni alien or this Nurarihyon,from apearance Nurari doesnt look that cool to me,but newer judge the book by the cover,but this time i have no idea whos stronger,better,faster,ur opinions?If it was Kurono and Izumi now they would take that son of an alien bith down like they did that with the Oni.

xi0
September 07, 2007, 04:03 AM
Who knows? Nurarihyon seems more mysterious and might pose a much larger threat in general, but th Oni Aliens were extremely strong physically. It's a toss up, but I'd venture to say that the Nurarihyon will win out because it just makes sense to have a stronger enemy in a new scenario, why step back in difficulty?

Hollow Kurono
September 08, 2007, 09:21 AM
^yeah ur right,but Nurari is stronger in his mystical powers but Oni was stronger in his strenght,and he could do some lighting things,but yeah i think Nurari is sronger to,hes the 100 pointer after all.

shego
September 08, 2007, 12:56 PM
( x-posted at StopTazmo )

Hay lewk (http://gonintendo.com/?p=24371)!

That cyclops on the second scan looks like the creature Kato fights on #248. It's supposed to be some evil cycloptic buddhist monk, he also appears ( where you really expect him to ) in The Great Goblin Trial (http://mizuki.obakemono.com/GeGeGeNoKitaro-TheGreatGoblinTrial.zip) on GeGeGe No Kitaro.

xi0
September 08, 2007, 01:10 PM
Eh...not really. The only similarities is a giant cyclops.

The thing Katou fights is a head with arms and legs.

shego
September 08, 2007, 01:43 PM
Well maybe that's just Oku Hiroya's take on that yokai.

xi0
September 08, 2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe so, if that Yokai is really based on actual myth.

warbandit66
September 08, 2007, 03:37 PM
I think it's too early to say who is more powerful out the two bosses although Oni boss had excellent physical attributes and his lightning abilities he was also supposedly the strongest alien in Gantz history did that include all of Gantz, I mean like all around the world or just tokyo? If it includes every single Gantz target ever then Oni is by far superior since Oka Hachirou took down a 100 pointer that could not have been superior to the Oni boss if the statement applied to every single Gantz target ever.

Captain Marmoset
September 09, 2007, 12:39 AM
Strength is based on point totals. No enemy that the Tokyo team has ever faced has been worth 100 points. So that would mean that the Oni alien is considerably weaker than Nuriwhosyomomma. The aliens are supposed to be getting tougher and tougher, so enough said.

xi0
September 09, 2007, 02:38 PM
Where is it said that point totals are based on strength? Until this mission, point totals have been completely random and there was no way keep a tally of them until after the mission ended.

I think we may be able to assume that strength correlates with point totals, but who really knows?

kadodo
September 09, 2007, 02:55 PM
HELLO, everyone. Sorry if I'm interrupting any conversation. I never knew there was a Gantz hangout thread. It's my favorite manga after naruto, OP and Bleach. I just like the way the author writes his stuff, he gives you what you want in the when you did not expect it and he's not scared to take out a character just to make the plot better. He never even lets you guess what could happen next. It's like all the chapters are surprises. I did not expect Kurono to be so much in love with the girl he is now, since he was such a pervert and I did expect that his brother would die either. But the THING that we surely did not expect was for Kurono to be killed. The great thing about the story is that we know he can come back, but we don't know when. As for me, I think we might see him pretty soon, as a surprise in the upcoming chapters.

Hollow Kurono
September 09, 2007, 03:56 PM
^^man u kniow and i thought this member probably is out alrady,but go figure hes here and he likes Gantz.

but yeah Oku is realy creative but slow,i dont think Kurono will comeback that soon,he will keep him for a longer time to keep the story interesting and creative,on the other hand i believe that Izumi may comeback in a coupl of chapters and we dont know if Kuronos still dead or not,cause if he was he would go to the room and he didnt so that means we wont see him again if he dies,but thats the reason i think hes alife and he lived threw tuffer situations then the H.Samurais fight.

And yeah i was thinkin about Kuronos bro right now also,is it a coinsidence that one is a gantzr and the other one is a vampire,like two brothers becomin enemys,man Kurono should be a vampire also,probably thats why hes so strong and can light up in any time,but i think he aint a vamp.

JioFreed666
September 09, 2007, 10:08 PM
.....I miss him......so damn much.....I so sad he had to die he was a fun little dog and the animal in gantz ever

TheGenius
September 09, 2007, 10:32 PM
The crotch licker was nothing but pure joy for certain females Gantzers...He should have won at least some points for that!

Do he does male too?

JioFreed666
September 09, 2007, 11:18 PM
......not that we've seen

kadodo
September 09, 2007, 11:25 PM
^^man u kniow and i thought this member probably is out alrady,but go figure hes here and he likes Gantz.

but yeah Oku is realy creative but slow,i dont think Kurono will comeback that soon,he will keep him for a longer time to keep the story interesting and creative,on the other hand i believe that Izumi may comeback in a coupl of chapters and we dont know if Kuronos still dead or not,cause if he was he would go to the room and he didnt so that means we wont see him again if he dies,but thats the reason i think hes alife and he lived threw tuffer situations then the H.Samurais fight.

And yeah i was thinkin about Kuronos bro right now also,is it a coinsidence that one is a gantzr and the other one is a vampire,like two brothers becomin enemys,man Kurono should be a vampire also,probably thats why hes so strong and can light up in any time,but i think he aint a vamp.

Well about Kurono coming back I know we will see him one day but I really don't want to wait too long. Well, I think there is something about the people who use their "stuff" when they get to 100 points. You remember Kurono chose to be free and forget his memory? Maybe this has to do with why he did not come back to the Gantz room?

TheGenius
September 10, 2007, 02:51 AM
Hum...I'd like to have a meeting with Oku just for Butter Dog, I heard he was killed by a dump truck...Poor thing, then smashed by a giant Buddha foot....Poor thing, again.

BTW , is your pic from Ichigo?

Morghul
September 11, 2007, 04:16 AM
^ Yeah but Izumi did that too...and he came back. Maybe that was a special request though lol. Then again, the same thing could happen with Kurono.

On that topic, why did Gantz bring Izumi back? Just because he was running out of people?

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 09:22 AM
^He needed strong people,aticted people some like Izumi,Kurono wasnt enought,but u know actualy if Nishi was in Kuronos place Izumi wouldnt had returned to the room,u know why he would sneeked from behind and killed him while Kurono atacked him headon,i know Kurno was desperet and didnt think much,but u need sometimes to think.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
I'm sure alot of Gantz readers have been wondering why Inaba still lives, from what we know he has nothing at all to live for, he doesn't contribute at all during missions and he's not a particularly good person and doesn't seem to be making any sort of notable progress.

My thoughts are compared to the other Izumi rampage victims that survived the Kappe alien mission he is in fact the least developed out of them we know absoloutly nothing about his history or his life away from Gantz and that when we do get a glimpse of either, his purpose will become apparent and he will become a competant Gantz fighter.

TheGenius
September 11, 2007, 12:33 PM
You should make bets and a poll stating when is he going to die. That'll be more efficient!

In 3 chaps, he's gone!

1ya1ya1980
September 11, 2007, 01:33 PM
比较郁闷,看不太懂
who is Inaba?

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 02:40 PM
U forgot to say that not only Inaba is still alive and u wonder why.Inaba will sacrifice himself in this mission or will do something dangerous,i wont be surprised if he kills one of those three bosses.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 02:52 PM
You obviously have alot of faith in Inaba, maybe before taking on a boss he should try and take out at least one regular yokai first

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah i dont know why but i do,yeah he should,but he has some courage inside him,i remeber the time he tried to defend Reika in da J.Park mission.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeh I do actually beleive that he is like Kurono deep down

RedMoonBaby
September 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
I'll give him till the next mission.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 03:23 PM
I dont see him dying anytime soon since he's yet to do anything of any significance, if he dies without doing so It'd be a waste of a character

Hollow Kurono
September 12, 2007, 08:24 AM
I can say one thing why hes alive and Reika and all those guys,because of Kuronos leadership,if Inaba dies,Reikas to blame,Budah mission didnt have no leader and Kishimoto was to blame,i hate her so much.

shego
September 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
Don't mean to sound like an idiot but, I've been re-reading what we have on this Osaka arc lately, and when Kato said his dad was a firefighter, did anyone other than me think of Ninja Warrior?

( Hurr, I think I need to find a good firefighting manga or some shit... )

Speaking of which, Makoto Nagano is awesome, I hope Oka Hachirou is someone like him. Middle-aged and experienced, not another psycho bishie. Kyou is cool though.

Captain Marmoset
September 12, 2007, 09:01 PM
Hahaha, wow. Ninja Warrior reference, really? Didn't see that coming, but I think Oka will be more like the gas station guy from Ninja Warrior.

RedMoonBaby
September 13, 2007, 11:33 AM
Does anybody else have a feeling we'll see the butter dog again?

Hollow Kurono
September 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
^^^HAHAHA,as if anyone will revive him,but i think we will see when its all over,the same Masanobu,Sadoku....I realy miss Masanobu he was a good charachter to bad he died.Why do other characters stay alive,Masanobu is better then them anyway,damn!!

JioFreed666
September 13, 2007, 02:45 PM
Hum...I'd like to have a meeting with Oku just for Butter Dog, I heard he was killed by a dump truck...Poor thing, then smashed by a giant Buddha foot....Poor thing, again.

BTW , is your pic from Ichigo?

Nope It's of the heath ledger joker from "the dark knight"

TheGenius
September 13, 2007, 04:46 PM
Nope It's of the heath ledger joker from "the dark knight"

You have a link? Reminds me of something but kinda far in my cabesa!

andreafraize
September 14, 2007, 09:28 AM
long time ago , izumi had chosen the first option to be free ! Why , someone has an idea ???
[hr]
May Be he was borred , because there wasn't some worthy Rival for him !
May be he was Drunk , he choosed the wrong option !
May be he was Tired of putting his life on the line !
May be he doesn't liked to be Gantz' Pupet !
May Be he has somone to look after !
May Be he was preparing to graduate , so he left Gantz !
May be he was affred of dying !
May be May Be May Be May Be .......So , you choose what ever you like !!

Hollow Kurono
September 14, 2007, 10:13 AM
^^I told this already in some other thread that Izumi was realy different and thats why he left for da first time,proabaly he had something important to do.This time he didnt.But at this end he did have one i supose if he wasnt lyin.

Captain Marmoset
September 14, 2007, 11:07 AM
I think Izumi left Gantz because he needed a haircut, but with all the missions, school, and extraciricular activities, he just didn't have the time. So one day, he was like," Hey I really need a haircut" and left Gantz. But since Gantz made him forget everything, he forgot to get his haircut. And that's why he had long, ladylike hair.

Me and Lindsay Lohan be hanging out at Hoi Hoi Rehab, yo!

Hollow Kurono
September 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think Izumi left Gantz because he needed a haircut, but with all the missions, school, and extraciricular activities, he just didn't have the time. So one day, he was like," Hey I really need a haircut" and left Gantz. But since Gantz made him forget everything, he forgot to get his haircut. And that's why he had long, ladylike hair.

:D haha yeah,but i think theres more to it then just a haircut :notrust .

andreafraize
September 14, 2007, 01:08 PM

:D

andreafraize
September 14, 2007, 01:26 PM
Poor litle thing:( i miss him , and hoi hoi the panda too ...

RedMoonBaby
September 15, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm expecting Inaba to get better. It's probably gonna be after he sees Takeshi with a lot of points.

Hollow Kurono
September 15, 2007, 02:17 PM
^Ofcourse Nishi can brainwash him,or after this mission Reika will do the same thing as Kurono did and thats form a trainin sesion and Inaba may get better at it.

xi0
September 15, 2007, 08:16 PM
This discussion doesn't require it's own thread. Merging it with the Hang-Out thread.

Hollow Kurono
September 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
I was lookin for the hang-out thread,where was it gone and it aint sticked???What happened??

andreafraize
September 16, 2007, 07:42 PM
i have found Nishi's website !! today i'm going into Gantz ! i'm Asked to kill the poeple in Shibuya Station !! someone have a gun !!??

shego
September 16, 2007, 10:37 PM
Will you use blackface??

TheGenius
September 16, 2007, 10:57 PM
Or an Uzi? Watch out for a red hair kid with an UEFA Champions League hoodie!

Hollow Kurono
September 16, 2007, 11:02 PM
Use an uzi man.Damn looks like im havin a new teammate,well whatever.

Yeah and im gonna have a sexy pink haired girl stay over a night cause she has no place to go,but judging that andreafraize will be on a rampage i wont be off-duty today.And i so was lookin forward to it.

andreafraize
September 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks , i'll bring my dog with me !! if i survive this , i'll make a Big Party

Hollow Kurono
September 16, 2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah i do the same when theyre noisy....yo if u need help with vamp atacks hall at me ill come help,were gonna slice some vampire ass.

kadodo
September 16, 2007, 11:21 PM
Sorry if I'm interrupting any conversation but I meant to ask you guys this. Do you guys like Kurono's current girlfriend? Or did you guys want him to go with somebody else?

shego
September 16, 2007, 11:24 PM
( LOL, and both Blade AND Bamboozled happen to be on right now on STARZ channels. )

Captain Marmoset
September 16, 2007, 11:33 PM

What?

andreafraize
September 17, 2007, 01:21 AM
i still think Kurono must be with Reika , i do love Tae but she's not a Gantzer .

After a deep thinking , it's like when you love someone , but you are with someone else in a far place = out of sight out of mind .

Also , Reika is not a mean person as everybody thinks , she WAS mean but like Kurono , she CHANGED too ...

(About Mr.Gantz , i think he's different from the Common Evil Persons . My "Evil Me" thinks that he's generous = poeple die , he choose them to kill the dangerous aliens to save the humanity , after all , the Gantzers are Dead !!)

Hollow Kurono
September 17, 2007, 06:54 AM
Sorry if I'm interrupting any conversation but I meant to ask you guys this. Do you guys like Kurono's current girlfriend? Or did you guys want him to go with somebody else?

Well u know,from da looks Kurono is way more into Tae then Reika,Kishimot or Sakuroaka,but u know if it was KuronoxReika,u know how everyone would be on Kuronos case...just because of one date what happpened then if they were lovers then i dont know,tlevision would say as "a wordwide superstar" and "some ordinary guy" ,but when they will find out that Kurono was the former leader of Gantz then maybe.But in my eyes as much i wish for Kurono to be happy the best solution for him is Tae.

andreafraize
September 17, 2007, 04:17 PM
Well u know,from da looks Kurono is way more into Tae then Reika,Kishimot or Sakuroaka,but u know if it was KuronoxReika,u know how everyone would be on Kuronos case...just because of one date what happpened then if they were lovers then i dont know,tlevision would say as "a wordwide superstar" and "some ordinary guy" ,but when they will find out that Kurono was the former leader of Gantz then maybe.But in my eyes as much i wish for Kurono to be happy the best solution for him is Tae.

but she broke up with him !

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well it didnt seem that way,he didnt have the time to explain.Because of Reika u could say she died and lost her memory and now doesnt remeber all those wonderfull things about Kei.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 12:46 PM
EXACTELY :

because of Reika u could say she died and lost her memory and now doesnt remeber all those wonderfull things about Kei.

she won't remember her best moments with Kurono , that's why i see him with Reika is a good choice .

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 12:57 PM
^That exactly why Kurono and Tae are the best choise,they both will remeber everything.

kadodo
September 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
Well if I have to say, the cutest girl that that Kurono could go with is definitely Reika, she's just so good looking and she's popular. However, Kurono loves Tae so much and Tae loves Kurono as well. They even love each other when they don't even have memories of another. That's why I can say that Tae is the best choice.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well if I have to say, the cutest girl that that Kurono could go with is definitely Reika, she's just so good looking and she's popular. However, Kurono loves Tae so much and Tae loves Kurono as well. They even love each other when they don't even have memories of another. That's why I can say that Tae is the best choice.

Well , when i said that kurono deserve to be with Reike , You may think that i say that because she's beautiful or something (the fact that she is) , but i say that because of the following reasons :

1) She is not a Gantzer . (out of sight out of mind)

2) She will put Kei and the Gantzers in Danger (the vampires can extract more information about kei ).

3) She don't remember anything about Kei (even if she love him without knowing why).

4) an extrem Reason that i can't tell Know !! (kind of a spoiler) DON'T ASK ME PLZ !!

if i may ask you , can you give a reason why he would be with Tae (except THAT he loves her and he have some good memories about her )

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
^In danger???Tell me who will atack the Gantz team now,the vampires,the main vamp is a Gantzer to.Kuronos dead,probably.A true hero doesnt care about it,if he puts her in danger hell sacrifice himself for her,and he will protect her and will beat anyone who tries to harm her,remeber the Oni boss.Okay if shes in danger,u think Kuronos gonna forget her and go straight to Reika,how da hell u think Kurono would feel,they wouldnt develop as a pair.

Kurono rememberd,she will also.

What spoiler??????

YAY! someone thinks the same way.

kadodo
September 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
Well , when i said that kurono deserve to be with Reike , You may think that i say that because she's beautiful or something (the fact that she is) , but i say that because of the following reasons :

2) She will put Kei and the Gantzers in Danger (the vampires can extract more information about kei ).

3) She don't remember anything about Kei (even if she love him without knowing why).

4) an extrem Reason that i can't tell Know !! (kind of a spoiler) DON'T ASK ME PLZ !!

if i may ask you , can you give a reason why he would be with Tae (except THAT he loves her and he have some good memories about her )

I think I'm kind of confused about your post. Did you mean to say that Tae is a not a Gantzer? Because Reika is Gantzer and your post metioned that Reika is not a gantzer.

^In danger???Tell me who will atack the Gantz team now,the vampires,the main vamp is a Gantzer to.Kuronos dead,probably.A true hero doesnt care about it,if he puts her in danger hell sacrifice himself for her,and he will protect her and will beat anyone who tries to harm her,remeber the Oni boss.Okay if shes in danger,u think Kuronos gonna forget her and go straight to Reika,how da hell u think Kurono would feel,they wouldnt develop as a pair.

Kurono rememberd,she will also.

What spoiler??????

YAY! someone thinks the same way.

Yeah, I'm glad we think the same way, Tae is the best choice for Kei if they are both in love with each other.

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 02:13 PM
^^Yes im glad also,do u think well see her when this mission is over??I think that we definantly will,i want to see her reaction when she sees what happened to Kei.

kadodo
September 18, 2007, 02:28 PM
Well when this mission is over, Kei might be ressurected right? So I think that she might never find out about it after all. But if Kei comes back she will surely be happy to see him.

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 02:31 PM
^^She will,it may possible that hes still alive,well im hoppin.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
2 against 1 ?? allright , let the battle begin , and see who's gonna win in the end !:p

Ok , now you have justified my point of view !!
there is no reason you could tell about Kei and Tae togheter "without the LOVE reason" , it would seem "Not Original at All" = it will be like the same old repeated stories : the hero loves the girl , they separate , and in the end they meet again and they live happilly ever after .

Now , i must tell that even I love Tae !! and i'll be happy to see her with Kei , but it's too "how can i say it ??" not original .

i must admit that i hate Romance stories , but i'm not heartless you know !!

and the fact that Kurono was a normal Teenager , and he changed to a Mature person doesn't mean he can't betray TAE !! remember when he was invited by Reika , he COULDN'T resist (even i was Shocked) , so what you think (by the way KADODO, Reika is a GANTZER , I DIDN'T SAY THAT SHE ISN'T )

PLEASE GIVE ME A CONVAINCING REASON !!!

Hollow Kurono
September 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
Well we and Kadodo are right,they have a love reason.U see Kei almost killed himself after she died.Tell me if it aint love??If it aint then im an alien.U just said probably what we said.Krono x Tae.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 04:24 PM
Well we and Kadodo are right,they have a love reason.U see Kei almost killed himself after she died.Tell me if it aint love??If it aint then im an alien.U just said probably what we said.Krono x Tae.

excuse me , you are an alien , i'm serious , you are !! :p

you either don't understand what i say or you don't read what i say !! lol :D

i will say , for the 3rd time : PLEASE GIVE ME A CONVAINCING REASON OTHER THAN LOVE !!

the fact that i can conclude is that both of you Mr.Kadoko and Mr.Hollow Kurono don't have another reason to say !!

you're like this :

you have only one little boat to escape from the sinking ship : it's the love Boat :p !!
other than that , you don't have food nor water . you are in the deep ocean !! :darn

please , convince me !! if you can't , then at least agree with me ! or tell me to convince you !

kadodo
September 18, 2007, 05:20 PM
2 against 1 ?? allright , let the battle begin , and see who's gonna win in the end !:p

Ok , now you have justified my point of view !!
there is no reason you could tell about Kei and Tae togheter "without the LOVE reason" , it would seem "Not Original at All" = it will be like the same old repeated stories : the hero loves the girl , they separate , and in the end they meet again and they live happilly ever after .

Now , i must tell that even I love Tae !! and i'll be happy to see her with Kei , but it's too "how can i say it ??" not original .

i must admit that i hate Romance stories , but i'm not heartless you know !!

and the fact that Kurono was a normal Teenager , and he changed to a Mature person doesn't mean he can't betray TAE !! remember when he was invited by Reika , he COULDN'T resist (even i was Shocked) , so what you think (by the way KADODO, Reika is a GANTZER , I DIDN'T SAY THAT SHE ISN'T )

PLEASE GIVE ME A CONVAINCING REASON !!!

Ok, it seems that you're definitely stiking with Reika. First of all, I want to say that I don't have anything against Reika. Reika likes Kei and Kei likes Reika also. However, it's the same thing with Tae. Kurono likes Tae and Tae likes Kurono. In the end, Kei Kurono likes 2 girls, Tae and Reika. However, he must chose one. (You wanted reason other than love, here they are)
1) Kei is in a dilemna, but he will have to chose the girl which he is most comfortable with. That person will be Kei.
2) Kei is used to Tae and his experience with Tae was really enjoyable and he would want to keep it.
3) Tae is Kei's firs girlfriend. Would want to forget your first girlfriend?

Also you say we only have the boat of love to escape but if we escape in any other boat, it will sink on the way. What I mean is if there no love between Reika and Kei, how will the relationship last?

One more thing: Yes you did say that Reika is not a Gantzer. If I'm mistaking please clarify what you meant:

ssjasper2003
September 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
IF they have enough points they def will but I dont think it will happen this mission since they cant combine points & katou doesnt look like hes gonna get the 100 pointer.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
Ok, it seems that you're definitely stiking with Reika. First of all, I want to say that I don't have anything against Reika. Reika likes Kei and Kei likes Reika also. However, it's the same thing with Tae. Kurono likes Tae and Tae likes Kurono. In the end, Kei Kurono likes 2 girls, Tae and Reika. However, he must chose one. (You wanted reason other than love, here they are)
1) Kei is in a dilemna, but he will have to chose the girl which he is most comfortable with. That person will be Kei.
2) Kei is used to Tae and his experience with Tae was really enjoyable and he would want to keep it.
3) Tae is Kei's firs girlfriend. Would want to forget your first girlfriend?

Also you say we only have the boat of love to escape but if we escape in any other boat, it will sink on the way. What I mean is if there no love between Reika and Kei, how will the relationship last?

One more thing: Yes you did say that Reika is not a Gantzer. If I'm mistaking please clarify what you meant:

that's Tae , Not reika , i said : kei would not choose Tae because she is not a gantzer ....etc
Reika is a Gantzer lol !! i know that !! hihihi:p

kadodo
September 18, 2007, 09:37 PM
Oh, my bad, it's just that you didn't mention Tae inthe first sentence, that's why I got confused.

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh, my bad, it's just that you didn't mention Tae inthe first sentence, that's why I got confused.

Sorry !!:) :)

kadodo
September 18, 2007, 10:49 PM
It's all rigt!! When Kurono comes back, do you think he's going to remember any of his past events in Gantz

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 11:53 PM
It's all rigt!! When Kurono comes back, do you think he's going to remember any of his past events in Gantz

Well Gantz uses the last copy of yourself that was intact. So you might see Kei holding a lightbulb slashing around vampires that are not there anymore.He gained back his memories from befre, he rememberd the Ring alien hunt and all...

Unless we are in Heroes and you got the Haitian with you! I am haitian and don't have those kind of powers...how unfair...

andreafraize
September 19, 2007, 01:14 AM

i think he will , he's the first who died out of the Room , so he may need some time before he gain his memory back !!!

kadodo
September 19, 2007, 07:47 AM
Well Gantz uses the last copy of yourself that was intact. So you might see Kei holding a lightbulb slashing around vampires that are not there anymore.He gained back his memories from befre, he rememberd the Ring alien hunt and all...

Unless we are in Heroes and you got the Haitian with you! I am haitian and don't have those kind of powers...how unfair...

Yeah, even though he doesn't remember instantly he will eventually remember something.

Also, you're Haitian? I'm Haitian too! I thought I was the only here. Do you speak French or Creole by the way?

TheGenius
September 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, even though he doesn't remember instantly he will eventually remember something.

Also, you're Haitian? I'm Haitian too! I thought I was the only here. Do you speak French or Creole by the way?

Yah, he can't really erase it totally, it's still somewhere in you mind, you just have to find clues and it'll pop out!

I speak French , English, Creole, Spanish and I would like to learn Japanese and German!I thought I was the only one too!

Hollow Kurono
September 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
^Damn that alot,i know Russian,Lithuanian and English so far,i want to learn French,Spanish and on top its Japanese.I envy u man for knowin Spanish and French.

kadodo
September 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
Yah, he can't really erase it totally, it's still somewhere in you mind, you just have to find clues and it'll pop out!

I speak French , English, Creole, Spanish and I would like to learn Japanese and German!I thought I was the only one too!

Wow, that's almost the same for me. I speak French, English, Creole, little Spanish and I want to learn Japanese and Portuguese.

Did you go to school in Haiti? If yes, which one?

Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter because it seems that girl lost her arm, she must survive this game in order to have her whole body back

andreafraize
September 19, 2007, 12:35 PM

i want to Learn Spanish too :scry
[hr]

Wow, that's almost the same for me. I speak French, English, Creole, little Spanish and I want to learn Japanese and Portuguese.

Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter because it seems that girl lost her arm, she must survive this game in order to have her whole body back

please can you tell me , what is Haiti ?? i have no clue !!:( :(

kadodo
September 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
i want to Learn Spanish too :scry
<hr noshade size="1">

please can you tell me , what is Haiti ?? i have no clue !!:( :(

Haiti is a country in the carribean, not too far from Bahamas and Cuba. The speak French and Creole over there....

andreafraize
September 19, 2007, 12:56 PM
Haiti is a country in the carribean, not too far from Bahamas and Cuba. The speak French and Creole over there....

THANKS A LOT !!:D

Hollow Kurono
September 19, 2007, 02:24 PM

that girl is a boy man. :D

TheGenius
September 19, 2007, 07:49 PM

HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, it's really funny sorry can't stop laughing!

No Canada born and raised! Jaspora!

^Damn that alot,i know Russian,Lithuanian and English so far,i want to learn French,Spanish and on top its Japanese.I envy u man for knowin Spanish and French.

Well I live in bilingual country, with Caribean parents, my step dad is an ex spanish teacher!!!

So you could translate Gantz in Russian!
I didn't know that Lithuania had their own language!(sorry if I massacred your country's name)

kadodo
September 19, 2007, 08:41 PM
THANKS A LOT !!:D

No problem!

What do you mean by that boy is a man. Kadodo is confused.. What proof do you have??

Hahaha, it's really funny sorry can't stop laughing!

No Canada born and raised! Jaspora!

Oh ok, I bet you live in Montreal right?

TheGenius
September 19, 2007, 08:48 PM
No problem!

What do you mean by that boy is a man. Kadodo is confused.. What proof do you have??

Oh ok, I bet you live in Montreal right?

Kyou is a boy! remember the drug addict around ch.247?? That is him!

MTL baby!

kadodo
September 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
Oh, I read all the Gantz chapters in a week so I probably read it to fast to remember. I'll take a look at it.....

Oh you're in MOntreal? Do you know someone named Ramely?

TheGenius
September 19, 2007, 09:01 PM
Oh, I read all the Gantz chapters in a week so I probably read it to fast to remember. I'll take a look at it.....

Oh you're in MOntreal? Do you know someone named Ramely?

Ramely? Nah....

In a week? I did it in 3 days for Monster so I feel you!

kadodo
September 19, 2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I could not stop reading Gantz. I would wake at 6' O' clock in the morning and read till midnight. (I probably took like a 3-5 hours brake)

M3HD!
October 04, 2007, 08:54 PM
that's cool , but take it easy on your eyes !

New Topic : Gantz is dead , who do you pick for replacement , and why ?

TheGenius
October 05, 2007, 01:59 AM

Whadaya mean?

Captain Marmoset
October 05, 2007, 10:23 AM

.....Que?

M3HD!
October 05, 2007, 03:28 PM
i mean , the next Gantz !

bumbari19
October 05, 2007, 04:51 PM
you mean a good replacement for naked guy?

in that case i'd choose... the blue-haired guy from the last anime mission: you'd need a sicko, he was the worst sicko of all, if you ask me

M3HD!
October 05, 2007, 06:49 PM
i'll choose Kei Kishimoto , she's Sicko and Sadiste Too , Gahahahahahaha ........

TheGenius
October 05, 2007, 08:34 PM
I think he's a clone that they reproduced over and over!!Like Star Wars!!

M3HD!
October 06, 2007, 12:24 AM
yeah right .
so what do you choose ?

[in Morocco , we don't watch Sci-Fi (Gahahahaha...).
it's not my favorite serie , i don't Watch Sci-Fi Series because they make me bored , but it's not the case in Star Wars though . I like Horror , Comedy and some good Action Series .]

Captain Marmoset
October 06, 2007, 12:45 AM
I think the next person in the ball would be a 40-year old man named Jim. He lived by himself in a trailer park, or the Japanese equivalent, and gets either killed or abducted.

When he wakes up in the ball he's all like:

"Wtf? WtH h4PP3N3D t0 m3? Y 4m 1 n4k3d? 0m6! Wh4t H4pp3n?"

"L0lZ, p4nd4!"

TheGenius
October 06, 2007, 02:36 AM
So that's his power!!! Now I get why Hiro can move time! He's naked in a ball! Pretty good strategie!

xi0
October 06, 2007, 04:04 AM
:oh

What does this have to do with Gantz?

M3HD!
October 06, 2007, 04:35 AM
We talk about who's the Finnest and appropriate successor of Gantz , who can replace Gantz?
who would ya pick ?

Hollow Kurono
October 06, 2007, 05:44 AM
Yo do u think that when the mission is over,and someone like Katou and someone from Osaka both kill Nurari at the same time,u think they both will get points splited up or will the one who gave the stronger hit and that was in da more vital.

And will the points be give in one room do both teams,with two balls in da room and then guys from da balls get out and both have an argument why did u send ur Tokyo team in my place,thats kinda silly.

M3HD!
October 06, 2007, 06:19 AM
the will get 100 points each 'cause they have defirente balls which means diferent Rooms which means Differente Towns , then it's different scores !

And then , only one is going to get 100points , the one who killed him first !

shego
October 06, 2007, 11:18 AM
:oh

What does this have to do with Gantz?

Nothing, they are just talking about Heroes again.

Time to lock this one.

TheGenius
October 06, 2007, 11:27 AM
Anyways, Katou probably got like at least 40 points just by killing the two big aliens....If I remember well.
[hr]

Nothing, they are just talking about Heroes again.

Time to lock this one.

You've joined the MH assassin squad?

You guys have to understand the basics of conversation, seriously. Sometimes a convesation can drift a little away from it's original subject. If you don't talk about anything else, how the hell can you learn anything? There are sooo many things out there, and being too focus on one subject will kill this thread, remember ho long it remained cold? I dare you to take a friend and talk about a subject for more than 15 minutes without talking about anything else. Good Luck.

I understand you guys want to cut off spam(If any of us advertise something), but being overly stiff about it won't help, you'll shoot your own feet.

That is just my opinion anyways, personaly I' just here to discuss about Gantz and 1 or 2 jokes about something that is related never really crashed a system. Aren't we here to have fun kids?

Thanks

shego
October 06, 2007, 12:54 PM

Dr. Who is much better, we should all learn how to interrupt GANTZ threads for that show instead! What with being much like Futurama meets GANTZ ( especially the first season, Captain Jack > Kei Kurono ) and everything..!

And I don't think we had to go ban M3HD!, as much as this thread was going nowhere, he didn't do something so terrible.

EDIT: Did he?

Davox
October 06, 2007, 01:21 PM
wow what has happened to this forum?

i come back after a few days and threads are missing and two people are banned its like some type of massacre on a gantz esque scale.

and to keep it relevant

i would pick a little kid b/c honestly it seems kind of cramped in that ball especially with all those suits and guns all the time a little kid would have plenty of room.

but seriously i don't think it matters who is in the ball b/c i have always said that the person is just being used as a power source and has no real control over anything.

weird question:
do you think gantz's hair grows? b/c he has been in their for a while, unless a new body is in their every mission, he could be naturally bald of course but it is just an odd thought i am having.

please don't ban me

Captain Marmoset
October 06, 2007, 02:07 PM
No see the thing is Heroes fucking sucks!

Wow. talk about off topic. But, you're right M3HD! shouldn't have been banned, if it was for that. That would be kind of stupid

weird question:
do you think gantz's hair grows? b/c he has been in their for a while, unless a new body is in their every mission, he could be naturally bald of course but it is just an odd thought i am having.

Where would the people in the ball get their hair cut? At t3h b4rb3r$?

please don't ban me

ditto.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 06, 2007, 02:36 PM
Yeeeeks .
i would pick inaba , he have the same charasterestiques as gantz .
(let's learn how to Dodge Bans !)

bumbari19
October 06, 2007, 03:51 PM
wow what has happened to this forum?

i come back after a few days and threads are missing and two people are banned its like some type of massacre on a gantz esque scale.

and to keep it relevant

i would pick a little kid b/c honestly it seems kind of cramped in that ball especially with all those suits and guns all the time a little kid would have plenty of room.

but seriously i don't think it matters who is in the ball b/c i have always said that the person is just being used as a power source and has no real control over anything.

weird question:

please don't ban me

i like tne idea to pick a little kid as new naked guy: there's nothing more sadistic and cruel than a little kid. it would be for him like burning ants with a magnifying glass.

naked guy remembers me anyhow to neo from matrix when he still was in that awkward drawer with all the tubes in his neck, back etc. it must be a similar technology. personally i think he hasn't got any hairs because of an enzyme in his cells and blood which ceases the hair to grow. it's a question of organisation: if he had hair, imagine how dirty the ball would be after 2 years. i mean you can't just call a cleaning enterprise to clean the ball each week...

by the way: who's the second person apart from M3HD! who got banned?

Davox
October 06, 2007, 04:22 PM
^^ yup he is right or maybe she in light of recent events

i like tne idea to pick a little kid as new naked guy: there's nothing more sadistic and cruel than a little kid. it would be for him like burning ants with a magnifying glass.

naked guy remembers me anyhow to neo from matrix when he still was in that awkward drawer with all the tubes in his neck, back etc. it must be a similar technology. personally i think he hasn't got any hairs because of an enzyme in his cells and blood which ceases the hair to grow. it's a question of organisation: if he had hair, imagine how dirty the ball would be after 2 years. i mean you can't just call a cleaning enterprise to clean the ball each week...

by the way: who's the second person apart from M3HD! who got banned?

wow you had to go and get all technical on me talking about enzymes and all. And i don't imagine that it would be that difficult to clean out i mean he obviously isn't choking to death on his own feces so he must have some way to keep the ball dust free with such a shine and shimmer.

TheGenius
October 06, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well if you can teleport people that are suppose to be dead, give them out-of-this-world weapons and armor, you may have an efficient cleaning system!

I dunno who posted the theory of Gantz being taken as a kid but I like it!

shego
October 06, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, last off-topic forum drama madness: According to StopTazmo, GantzerVSNightmare is also andreafreize. You might want to take that down too. :=D

Davox
October 06, 2007, 09:51 PM
^^ Hope you were right cuz they got banned too

Well if you can teleport people that are suppose to be dead, give them out-of-this-world weapons and armor, you may have an efficient cleaning system!

I dunno who posted the theory of Gantz being taken as a kid but I like it!

it was i who suggested a kid be put in the ball, it just makes more sense to me I a mean a smaller person means more room for other important stuff, maybe then they could bring more gantzers to the room.

Just wondering but why was it that gantz couldn't decide not to bring H. Samurai and the vamp chick to the room, did he want them there they did have suits and stuff for them and the chips in their heads it seems weird to me that they would be allowed to be brought into the game.
Also if gantz can't stop people from piggybacking maybe the gantzers should just go touch a bunch of people and hook them all up with the suits so the mission gets done easier and quicker or you could even do it to someone you don't like.

kaliayev
October 06, 2007, 10:06 PM
Also if gantz can't stop people from piggybacking maybe the gantzers should just go touch a bunch of people and hook them all up with the suits so the mission gets done easier and quicker or you could even do it to someone you don't like.

Yeah, I already said it would be cool if they brought a swat team with them

TheGenius
October 07, 2007, 12:24 AM
Hey guys, last off-topic forum drama madness: According to StopTazmo, GantzerVSNightmare is also andreafreize. You might want to take that down too. :=D

Really?? Strange....N-e ways...Split personality? How you learned that? Private me.

^^ Hope you were right cuz they got banned too

it was i who suggested a kid be put in the ball, it just makes more sense to me I a mean a smaller person means more room for other important stuff, maybe then they could bring more gantzers to the room.

Just wondering but why was it that gantz couldn't decide not to bring H. Samurai and the vamp chick to the room, did he want them there they did have suits and stuff for them and the chips in their heads it seems weird to me that they would be allowed to be brought into the game.

Maybe the he doesn't care, more soldiers willing to come in the room and join the game, is always useful. Don't discriminate who are volunteers, especially in this war.

Captain Marmoset
October 07, 2007, 03:41 AM

But maybe that's only a one time thing. Maybe Gantz knew the vamps were trying to get in so the guy let the vamps in. Gantzers have touched people before and the people haven't gone with them (i.e. Kei grabbing Katou, Kei holding Tae's body).

GantzerVSNightmare
October 07, 2007, 03:24 PM
No , i think Gantz have no control of the Teleportation process , he push the button to start the operation and sleep till the end of the mission !

TheGenius
October 07, 2007, 06:32 PM
On another subject, I heard the next volume is going to be released with a Hiroya Gantz Artbook...Anyone got info on that?? Thanks!!

warbandit66
October 08, 2007, 12:46 PM
What I wanna know is apart from one female vampire why is their organization a complete sausagefest?

Captain Marmoset
October 08, 2007, 02:40 PM
Maybe their little club started out as a gay bar?

shego
October 08, 2007, 02:46 PM
Absolutely, the first time Host Samurai showed up with his friends, I thought it was fodder out for a night of handjobs and cocksucking but wandered into getting killed by dinosaurs.

...it'd be so amazing if that happened to a bunch of homos in real life...

warbandit66
October 08, 2007, 02:58 PM
^^Hahaha it wouldn't surprise me if they where gay or at least bisexual like vamp from metal gear solid since vamp is a term sometimes used to refer to bisexual individuals

Hollow Kurono
October 09, 2007, 11:53 AM
^^H.Samurai aint gay at all,i think he has some for that girl,he fought for her when Akira tried to get away with her.I dont think theyre homos

warbandit66
October 09, 2007, 12:04 PM
I'm quite sure that most vampires in fiction are portrayed as being bisexual

Hollow Kurono
October 09, 2007, 12:40 PM
^In "Blade" i didnt see any bisexual.Actualy i newer saw a homo vampire in any movie or show.In "Buffy the vamp slayer",newer saw one.

warbandit66
October 09, 2007, 12:53 PM
Bisexual people may not act in a stereotypical homosexual fashion so we dont know whether or not they're bisexual or not, plus vampires use seduction to reel in their targets so it might make things easier for them if they can have sexual relations with both sexes

kaliayev
October 09, 2007, 02:18 PM
^In "Blade" i didnt see any bisexual.Actualy i newer saw a homo vampire in any movie or show.In "Buffy the vamp slayer",newer saw one.

Go read Anne Rice or watch one of movie adaptations of her books.

shego
October 09, 2007, 02:27 PM
All vampires are gay except the ones from Nightwatch.

kadodo
October 09, 2007, 05:05 PM
Talking about vampires, do you guys think Kurono's brother will be revived? Personally, I don't think he will since there's no proof that he's in the gantz list.

TheGenius
October 09, 2007, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't see why, he's dead, killed off by the Lady Vamp(which I really can't remember her damn name).

He ain't in the database.

Also about the vamp are gay(most probably bi) here is a link, it's short and interesting. Read it!!!

http://stason.org/TULARC/education-books/anne-rice-faq/19-Are-all-of-Anne-s-vampires-gay.html

shego
October 09, 2007, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't see why, he's dead, killed off by the Lady Vamp(which I really can't remember her damn name).

Chigusa

xi0
October 09, 2007, 11:51 PM
Why is it important whether the we know the Vampire's sexual preference? This is obviously not a Romance manga...in fact it's the antithesis of that genre.

TheGenius
October 10, 2007, 01:18 AM
Why is it important whether the we know the Vampire's sexual preference? This is obviously not a Romance manga...in fact it's the antithesis of that genre.

So true...

But why was Akira killed? 'Cause he snitched? That part is not clear!

And also people seem to forget that Kurono just died in the serie(Actually less than an hour ago),lot of people here think that he's gone into a hospital or some, but he's dead! I don't know why people fight that fact!

Captain Marmoset
October 10, 2007, 11:29 AM
Akira was killed because he was trying to protect his brother, and he was killed because he was just a way to delve into the vampires a little more.

Why would Akira ever be revived? He never even knew about Gantz, unless the vamps told him what they knew.

And why does everyone think that anyone can be revived? The series would seriously start to suck if they kept on bringing people back all the time. I like that the characters can change from one mission to another. Keeps things fresh.

Xio, sexual preference does matter, we don't know how the vamp nanomachines are spread. STD, maybe?

Hollow Kurono
October 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
He didnt care about his brother so didnt Kurono about Akira,Akiras an ass,he died probably off a whim,maybe cause he was related or H.Samura thought that hes the Kei that killed Oni boss,but he was wrong.Or maybe cause he told to watch out to Kurono,but i dont know how did actualy found that out.

TheGenius
October 10, 2007, 08:22 PM
Akira is actually pretty weak, he did the best thing for his brother, he could'nt actually save him by fighting alongside...

And why does everyone think that anyone can be revived? The series would seriously start to suck if they kept on bringing people back all the time. I like that the characters can change from one mission to another. Keeps things fresh.

True, even though I was a little sad, when Kei died, it brought LOTS of excitement!!!!

xi0
October 11, 2007, 12:58 AM
Xio, sexual preference does matter, we don't know how the vamp nanomachines are spread. STD, maybe?

Eh, I wouldn't bet on that. There's no evidence that the nano-machines are transmittable. They probably have to be tailored to each person, and the process to get them is probably way more involved than just passing them on to another person.

Captain Marmoset
October 11, 2007, 01:41 AM
Just trying to make one of my silly comments valid and important.:amuse

xi0
October 11, 2007, 01:46 AM
Just trying to make one of my silly comments valid and important.:amuse

Oh, well make it more obvious you're joking next time. :thumbs

Captain Marmoset
October 11, 2007, 02:32 PM
Oh, well make it more obvious you're joking next time. :thumbs

Aren't I always?

bumbari19
October 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
i really don't understand you guys: the hunters are walking around in some tight black latex-kind suits and you're ascing yourselves if the vampires are gay?! :D

this was my introduction for the next topic i wanted to discuss: what about a new option on the 100 points menu concerning the suit like improving its strength. the actual suit is quite vulnerable to cutting weapons like katanas. it wouldn't be bad to have some kind of armored suit. it would be cool if the improved suit had another colour so that you could distinguish advanced hunters from some newcomer noobs, whose destiny is to be slaughtered by an onion alien holding leek in his hand and offering it to everybody...

warbandit66
October 11, 2007, 03:44 PM
^^ I wasnt asking if they were gay, I just wondered if they where bisexual because of the lack of females in their organization and how vampires a portrayed in fiction

I think Oka will turn up in a crazy looking suit with some sort of weapon attached to it

TheGenius
October 11, 2007, 04:41 PM
New suit...hmm, do you mean like Ironman and his diffrerent version of the suit?(Like Hulk-Buster suit)

bumbari19
October 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
perhaps; i must be sincere, i don't know ironman. but i just read fma, and there was the homunculus greed who had such a hardened skin which was not very vulnerable and hard.

Hollow Kurono
October 13, 2007, 02:42 PM
^^Well this would be cool if u could get stronger suits with which u could fly and stuff,i think maybe Oku has a stronger suit then an ordinary Gantzer.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 14, 2007, 04:07 PM
Yes , it could be possible , but i haven't saw someone using a new suit , it's just the Weapons that have an increasing power each time you win 100pts ... No New Suits and No New Vihicules !! if the Suit increase it's Powa , then no need to use weapons , just do as kato and hug the aliens till death !!

TheGenius
October 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yes , it could be possible , but i haven't saw someone using a new suit , it's just the Weapons that have an increasing power each time you win 100pts ... No New Suits and No New Vihicules !! if the Suit increase it's Powa , then no need to use weapons , just do as kato and hug the aliens till death !!

That would actually be cool! But what more power can they get? Flight, super-super-strength?

Hollow Kurono
October 14, 2007, 11:06 PM
Well after we seen Okus stelth mode it was huge maybe u can enlarge urself like the katana or he can be faster,personaly i want him to fly.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 15, 2007, 01:57 AM
yeah Flying would be a cool option in the new suit + a Huge amount of strenght so that the suit would not be abused easily !!

TheGenius
October 15, 2007, 02:07 AM
But I think you can only get weapons....I highly doubt for the suit, even though it would be cool.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 15, 2007, 02:18 AM
if some new vihicule is available , it would be fun !! like a Mini Cooper with an invisibility and Bazooka !! yay .... it will definitely Rock !

TheGenius
October 15, 2007, 02:21 AM
New vehicule..not bad not bad...never thought about! Maybe a Gantz plane or personal aircraft!!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 15, 2007, 02:29 AM
yeah , and they'll jump from it , and land above the aliens , and attack from above !! it would work on that Minotaurus thing , if the army did that !

Hollow Kurono
October 15, 2007, 07:26 AM
Maybe flyin boards....like in Spider-man the Green Goblin had.But remeber Kyou has passes the game twice he has no stronger x-gun.I dont think he revived someone.Maybe when u choose a better weapon,u get to choose in da next mission which one u want.

TheGenius
October 15, 2007, 10:31 AM
Interesting theory...But don't you keep'em all?

Hollow Kurono
October 15, 2007, 01:18 PM
Interesting theory...But don't you keep'em all?

probably u choose and it apears like u apear in da Gantz room.But i wonder what else did he took.

TheGenius
October 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
Hmmm....Don't you get to keep'em? I mean, it's better to have imagine the super-sword, BFG and another gun of your choice...

I don't think it's random, you never know what type of enemys you'll be fighting so, I'd personaly like to get all 3....

Hollow Kurono
October 15, 2007, 02:31 PM
Well Gantz gives only one weapon, i dont think u can cheat and take all off them at once,u may get ur head exploded if u risk it.

TheGenius
October 15, 2007, 02:48 PM
I think we'll have to wait it out...I think Sheard or Davok or someone else reminded everyone that Kei had a super-katana on a cover...

If you win it , you keep it!!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 15, 2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah , that's good ... and also , when the game starts , you can pick 3 weapons with you from the Regular Weapons + the hardware that fits with the suits !

Hollow Kurono
October 16, 2007, 11:19 AM
I think we'll have to wait it out...I think Sheard or Davok or someone else reminded everyone that Kei had a super-katana on a cover...

If you win it , you keep it!!

Man that wasnt some super-katana but maybe it was Kurono was hoolding a stronger x-gun,afterall....man damn Oka shows urself.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 16, 2007, 12:17 PM
Congratulation , Hiro Member !!
i hope oku will show us oka !! and that he kick the alien's Ass !

Hollow Kurono
October 16, 2007, 12:24 PM
^thank u.To bad i lost my old acc, i would have had 903 posts,R.I.P 2ndKurono.

Well anyone still think that Oka looks like Kurono??

TheGenius
October 16, 2007, 01:50 PM
^thank u.To bad i lost my old acc, i would have had 903 posts,R.I.P 2ndKurono.

HAHA, some people are going to think that Oka is Kurono who had plastic surgery!!

Congrats now Hiro!!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 16, 2007, 02:34 PM
i don't think so , if oka did look like kurono , it will be So ..... So lame !! kinda like : ._.'

Captain Marmoset
October 16, 2007, 02:44 PM

No.

No way.

What are you expecting, a second Kurono? That sounds kind of Hollow.

If you catch my drift.

TheGenius
October 16, 2007, 03:18 PM
HAHA, Hollow is pretty much the world's biggest Kurono fan! I'm starting to like Kei dead, new characters, new possible plot!

Hollow Kurono
October 16, 2007, 11:18 PM
^Nah i actualy dont believe that OKa is but i remeber someone here sayin that and i was curious if everyone thinks that way,oh and thanx man.Yeah i probably am.

TheGenius
October 17, 2007, 12:29 AM
Oka should be Oka and I don't carw how he look like, what the hell anyways! I fully trust Hiroya Oku on this one!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 17, 2007, 01:35 AM
yeah , we'll surely gonna enjoy this chapiter for sure !! and we'll see what's oka looks like , and what he got ! and how much strong he is !
and i think he will save Nerd and kicks the Minotaurus Ass!

bumbari19
October 17, 2007, 04:50 PM
what if oka had similar powers to neo in matrix? you know, all that wall walking and quick reaction stuff...

Hollow Kurono
October 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
^I dont think so,i think Oku likes takin aliens from japanese bed time stories why not taking one human to,the Oka may be half human,half alien....that would explain something why he looked so big with hes stealth mode.

xi0
October 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
When was Oka ever shown in stealth mode? I remember someone mentioning this earlier, but I never saw it myself.

bumbari19
October 18, 2007, 03:11 AM
there was a picture of a big thingy in stealth mode when anzu talked to katou about the osakan gantzers. that's the picture: http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/252/12/

vampires aren't very japanese either. if oku was a good hacker i think he wouldn't have much problems to hack into gantz and make himself bigger after the transfer...

xi0
October 18, 2007, 03:17 AM
What we think of Vampires, in the vein of Bram Stoker's Dracula isn't very Japanese no, but the origin or the vampire legend is very similiar to other Japanese mythical creatures.

TheGenius
October 18, 2007, 09:13 AM
What we think of Vampires, in the vein of Bram Stoker's Dracula isn't very Japanese no, but the origin or the vampire legend is very similiar to other Japanese mythical creatures.

Got any link or info?
[hr]

there was a picture of a big thingy in stealth mode when anzu talked to katou about the osakan gantzers. that's the picture: http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/252/12/

vampires aren't very japanese either. if oku was a good hacker i think he wouldn't have much problems to hack into gantz and make himself bigger after the transfer...

He seems to be on the bike...also chap 259 last page someone posted that he is in stelath mode I'mma go re-read the chap!

Captain Marmoset
October 18, 2007, 10:06 AM
You can't tell anything about Oku from the picture. Is he on a bike? Is he a giant?
does he look like someone you could bring home to your mother?

Who knows? We'll find out sooner or later.

Or never.
Or now.

Actually not now.

xi0
October 18, 2007, 12:42 PM
Got any link or info?

The Kyuketsuki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%ABketsuki

Also, Vampires are really not humanoid at all. The image we have of what a vampire is today was popularized by Bram Stoker. They are merely entities which feed off of the life-force of another person/animal...they don't even need to drink blood as a matter of fact.

He seems to be on the bike...also chap 259 last page someone posted that he is in stelath mode I'mma go re-read the chap!

Ah, I forgot about that. Interesting. He seems to be in some sort of walker-robot type thing. Either that or he isn't human...the angle may be confusing too.

TheGenius
October 18, 2007, 01:27 PM
The Kyuketsuki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%ABketsuki

Also, Vampires are really not humanoid at all. The image we have of what a vampire is today was popularized by Bram Stoker. They are merely entities which feed off of the life-force of another person/animal...they don't even need to drink blood as a matter of fact.

Ah, I forgot about that. Interesting. He seems to be in some sort of walker-robot type thing. Either that or he isn't human...the angle may be confusing too.

Well I read the 259 chap and I can't see nothing....It isnt the usual stealth were it's blurred...if someone can pinpoint it!

About the jap vamps, I think that here we have an western view of them, they do drink blood, ar e weak to sunlight...Guess he didn't take the Kyuketsuki.

xi0
October 19, 2007, 05:14 AM
They are definitely western-inspired, but all I'm saying is the Vampires are not entirely western in origin.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 19, 2007, 09:15 AM
yeah they are Romanian in origine , if you read about count Dracula (the real one ) you'll know !!

about Oka Hachiro , i think the water splash was him Running toward the Minotaurus !!

xi0
October 19, 2007, 10:21 AM
yeah they are Romanian in origine , if you read about count Dracula (the real one ) you'll know !!

about Oka Hachiro , i think the water splash was him Running toward the Minotaurus !!

The origin of the true Dracula is Romanian, but the Vampire legend is way older than that...there are creatures which can be considered Vampiric in nearly every mythology. Slightly offtopic.

Those splashes are coming from a large being I think...maybe Oka is inside of a robot...or maybe he isn't human. Although the way the Osakan's talked about him, it would be weird if they forgot to mention him being a giant...

TheGenius
October 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
The origin of the true Dracula is Romanian, but the Vampire legend is way older than that...there are creatures which can be considered Vampiric in nearly every mythology. Slightly offtopic.

Those splashes are coming from a large being I think...maybe Oka is inside of a robot...or maybe he isn't human. Although the way the Osakan's talked about him, it would be weird if they forgot to mention him being a giant...

The only one that talked about him , is the current Katou flirt....Other than that other Gantzers haven't been very vocal about anything.

xi0
October 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
No I know that...I had just forgotten her name temporarily.

TheGenius
October 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
Me too....But are all of theses charact are going to survive? They didn't say anything interesting yet except for the 100 pointer...

xi0
October 19, 2007, 01:49 PM
Who knows. Kurono looks like he'll be out of the picture for a while...maybe forever, so maybe the Osakan's will take more of main role in the story?

TheGenius
October 19, 2007, 10:47 PM
You think so? I highly doubt it, I think they are cannon fodders! Simply to add a new facet of the difficulty that even seasoned players can have.

Captain Marmoset
October 20, 2007, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't call them cannon fodder. I expect at least 3 or 4, at the most, could survive this mission. I think there might have to still be some left because it looks like future missions will involve mutliple teams joining up with each other. It would make some sense if the Tokyo team met up with the Osakans after this mission.

xi0
October 20, 2007, 04:09 AM
Well they're certainly part of the story now, and not just backdrop....how long has it been since we've seen Katou? even longer for the rest of the team. Maybe not a longterm fixture in the story, but who knows.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 20, 2007, 05:43 AM
if the Tokyo and the osakan teams join together in osaka , would that means that there is no alien left in Tokyo , that's why they are helping the osaka team ? or that means that it's another mistake that Gantz have commited again ?! and would this battle in osaka be broadcasted in TV ?? 'cause the army and civilians had saw all the aliens ...

Hollow Kurono
October 20, 2007, 05:45 AM
If Gantz is played every 12 days.so that may be that,that day there were no aliens around,or they all were defeated in da Tokyo area or these aliens were stronger in Osaka and Gantz left those weak ones in Tokyo to be taken care off later,and Gantz sent them to Osaka to help.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 20, 2007, 06:14 AM
it's the first time there is 3 strong boss , their point ranking are so close , and the aliens are too many , plus the weird power they have , which makes the osakan team more experianced than he other team . may be they are joining their forces now , and after they beat them all , they will join other teams around the world ..

TheGenius
October 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
As expected, and true GVSN.

The best way to see is to wait.

But Cap'n: I do know if they'll be part of the team, but you and Xio might be right. But all of them are very spendable. We got short introductions, not a lot of talking, no time for bonding or character appreciation...
[hr]
But hey I got a stupid question....How come they aren't wearing any helmets?

Captain Marmoset
October 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
But hey I got a stupid question....How come they aren't wearing any helmets?

..................................huh?

TheGenius
October 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
I clearly said it was stupid! Seriously! I mean, helmets are cool....protects your head and makes you look like a Power ranger!

Hollow Kurono
October 21, 2007, 06:17 AM
"Powe-Gantzers" damn thats funny,well Gantz has its own story that beats any story in any manga....but these days i was wondering that it could be something like Eva,be huge and buss so much alien ass,but we know that in Gantz size doesnt matter.So im kinda dissin that thought now.

TheGenius
October 21, 2007, 06:46 AM
I don't get it...

Hollow Kurono
October 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
Well the suit enlarging itself and the suit beein controled from the inside by a Gantzer.

TheGenius
October 21, 2007, 10:31 AM
You mean that the suit actually makes you taller, bigger? Let's take me, 5'11", 165 pounds. + Suit 6'7", 225pounds? is that what you mean?

xi0
October 21, 2007, 11:24 AM
No, I think he means the reason why Oka seemed to be large in stealth mode and why he made such huge splashes is that he has a unique suit that enlarges and envelopes the Gantzer completely...sort of like a Mobile Suit.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 21, 2007, 12:22 PM
WTF ?!
WTH ?!

hahahaha , that's obviously impossible and kinda silly , did you forgot that this is a SEINEN manga ?? Seriously !!
there is no Suit that can make you Bigger/Larger or that can be controled like a walking robot (Gundam Wings , Power Rangers , Greendayzer ..........etc ....etc .....) THAT WOULD be So Childish to think and believe that way !!

And DAMN , DAMN .... how many time should i have to say that the Splashs are due to him Runing and being close to the Camera angle !!! or that would be him shooting to atract the Minotaurus Attention !!

Oka Being Huge ?! no kidding .... Seriously ... you have to think deeper than that lol !!

All Respect !! (i'm aggressive because i want to insist and object hardly about what you say )

warbandit66
October 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/248/21/

I was re-reading some of the chapters starting from the beggining of phase 2 and noticed this colour page.

Anybody think that we'll see this scene anytime soon?

TheGenius
October 21, 2007, 05:42 PM
Nah...I think it's simply art displaying our fav heroes into the heat of the fight!
[hr]

No, I think he means the reason why Oka seemed to be large in stealth mode and why he made such huge splashes is that he has a unique suit that enlarges and envelopes the Gantzer completely...sort of like a Mobile Suit.

Ohhh, I see, thanks for clearing it up xiO!

That would incredibly suck, I hate meccha mangas! and I don't think it would be efficient in a situation like this, I mean it's not StarCraft yet!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 22, 2007, 05:00 AM
it mustn't be like that , that's what i'm saying ! it's Seinen ....not Shonen or meccha ..

TheGenius
October 22, 2007, 07:20 AM
Hmm...It would most definitely loose a lot of fans! It's survival! They should make a Starship troopers Gantz edition!(I'll post more on the right thread)

GantzerVSNightmare
October 22, 2007, 08:08 AM
i like Serious Seinen Mangas like Shamo , Vagabond , Araragi Express ....... Gantz is one of them , so it Must be at least a little funnier ! but when someone talk about Gantz turning to Starships , Power Ranger and Stuff like that , that makes me Sad !

TheGenius
October 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
i like Serious Seinen Mangas like Shamo , Vagabond , Araragi Express ....... Gantz is one of them , so it Must be at least a little funnier ! but when someone talk about Gantz turning to Starships , Power Ranger and Stuff like that , that makes me Sad !

HAHA sorry, it's just a bad spin-off!

I'm beat, i'll be back lata!

xi0
October 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
You can say what you want, but look at the page of him cloaked in chapter 252...it would have to be a perspective I've never seen in order for you to say he's normal sized. Not to mention the huge splashes in the river at the end of chapter 259.

TheGenius
October 22, 2007, 01:40 PM
You can say what you want, but look at the page of him cloaked in chapter 252...it would have to be a perspective I've never seen in order for you to say he's normal sized. Not to mention the huge splashes in the river at the end of chapter 259.

Somebody posted a sneak of the chap...Don't think he's coming in this one...

xi0
October 22, 2007, 01:51 PM
OK...so if he isn't in this chapter it still doesn't explain how he appeared in chapter 252 cloaked. He was quite large.

TheGenius
October 22, 2007, 01:54 PM
Well I think he was riding on the bike. In a certain angle, since the bike is made like a ring, it can be confusing, plus if you add the fact that he is cloaked...

Also ,Osaka had two bikes, in chap 249(i think) you can see a second bike.

xi0
October 22, 2007, 02:03 PM
Hmm. OK, say that is a Gantz bike...why would it be floating in mid-air with people seemingly unaware of it underneath? It's weird.