PDA

View Full Version : Complete Area 88 by Shintari Kaoru

stonersystem
September 21, 2007, 02:27 AM
Hi, new guy here. Bought a bunch of Viz translation Area 88 off ebay and found out they never came close to finishing the darn thing! Does anyone know if Area 88 was ever fully translated to english and if so who released it?

Thanks,
Stonersystem

Xophien
September 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think Viz ever released the manga past the sixth volume, and to my knowledge nobody picked that up. I think ADV released both the OVAs and the TV anime though, but I don't really know what they're worth^^;; Hope that helped :amuse

stonersystem
September 22, 2007, 02:57 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think Viz ever released the manga past the sixth volume, and to my knowledge nobody picked that up. I think ADV released both the OVAs and the TV anime though, but I don't really know what they're worth^^;; Hope that helped :amuse
thanks, now how do we get it translated and released? It was one of the first manga translated to english and part of the '80s manga explosion. With all the other stuff out there someone has to want this finished!

amtt
September 24, 2007, 02:12 PM
I plan on scanlating this! its in the works and well release it as a batch

stonersystem
October 06, 2007, 09:29 PM
Scanlating? IE Scanning and translating? If so cool on you. Keep me posted

hikarijounin
November 01, 2007, 11:55 PM
I plan on scanlating this! its in the works and well release it as a batch

I've been searching years for the end to this manga. I would also greatly appreciate it if you scanned and translated it!

Tanuki-dono
April 30, 2008, 10:03 PM
I love this manga so much! It was one of the first to reach us here in the USA, and now you can't find it anywhere! I've longed to discover the ending since single issues ended early from Eclipse/Viz, and I finally broke down and bought the Japanese volumes #1-10 from a vendor on eBay. I can't read Japanese, but I wanted it so badly. Is there anywhere to find translations of this classic good show of storytelling?