PDA

View Full Version : ttx' ch292 ramblings

ttxdragon
September 22, 2007, 10:05 PM
So, I felt like ranting about this chapter in form of a small review,
nothing special, just me feeling like it this time.
I can't say if it's gonna be regular, but I guess I'll always pop my head into here when it comes to developments that I'd love to comment on~

Let's get this started with credits:
Asakura for scanning the chapter,
Spacecat, Danna and Alkador for the translations
and Kubo Tite for making such a great chapter possible.

Then, some general information, I will go pretty much page by page, panel by panel for those things that i'd love to comment on.

Bleach 292. Rupture my Replica
http://ttxdragon.lima-city.de/292/01%20-%20Tesla.pngDeath by Cero -- Noitora and Tesla, the first.
Page 01 is a simple recap of the badassed-ness that is Neriel Tu Odershvank, former third Espada. Who wouldn't be surprised like that after seeing such a display of power when you yourself just got trashed like hell, even though you were exhausted? Next page shows us how Tesla runs over to Noitora abondoning his assigned task. Now this makes me wonder what their connection is. Usually one wouldn't be that extremely devoted to someone who trashes one all the time. I hope for a bit of backstory there, especially because it would likely reveal more about arrancar and the timeline. Could be nicely incorporated into the explantion of the bigger mystery that is still to follow in this chapter.

http://ttxdragon.lima-city.de/292/02%20-%20JumpHim!.pngDeath by Boobs -- Noitora and Nels relationship
Suddenly being freed of her predicament Orihime does what every loving caring healer should do: Run over to her hurt love-interest and wanting to begin the treatment. Seeing as Ichigo is still in awe about Nel's little power-demonstration she hesitates a bit, unsure of what to do. I can't really think of other reasons than her shyness here, maybe her even thinking about her own uselessness in this case. That is... Until we see Nel jumping Ichigo.
Personally I like that she still has her playful personality, it at least shows that she wasn't a 'bad espada' the time she was one. This also adds a reason to the tab named "Noitora bashing Nel's head": He said she was annoying and seemingly it was really her noisy, playful attitude that got onto his nerves. Especially since she seems to have been stronger than him while having those trades. While it isn't all that great of a reason, it's all that I think is necessary for Noitoras personality. He seems like someone who doesn't do anything without reason, but at the same time doesn't care much about how logical that reason is. He just needs means to tell himself that we he did was rightfully done so.

http://ttxdragon.lima-city.de/292/03%20-%20Crash%20Landing.pngCrash Landing -- Noitora and Tesla, the second.
This just adds to the previous confusion about why Tesla follows Noitora and to Noitoras bad character. We see how Tesla has a pretty hard landing in that wall. For one it seems that Noitora doesn't even care about his fraccion, even if they are this dedicated, and then it seems like he just doesn't care at all about whether they might be useful later on or not. I say the useful part because he obviously disregarded Tesla as unable to fight since although Orihime is there to heal Ichigo and possibly Grimmjow now he just went about trashing his only possible ally. Bad character or overconfidence aside, he should definitely know that the situation isn't in his favour anymore: this action mainly made him seem dumb to me.

On the next page we see him lecturing Tesla for going against orders. Another thing to add to the list of odd behavior on his part. On the one hand he doesn't follow Aizens orders and goes intruder-hunting and on the other hand he wants everyone below him to following on his word. It might be his 'I am the best'-complex that he has, but in the end there is one word for it: Hypocrisy .

http://ttxdragon.lima-city.de/292/04%20-%20Biting%20the%20Mooncake.pngGood ol' days -- Nel's vanishing and the messed up timeline
Now this is the one point that made the chapter the most interesting:
Noitora saying that Nel's been gone from Las Noches for years.
Now we know for sure that Aizen has had the Hougyouku for not more then at best 40days. I guess we can all agree that 40 days is a great deal less than a year or even some years. Since Nel doesn't talk back to Noitora about the time, I assume that his 'years' statement was indeed the truth. Then, taking into account the words of Dorudoni from chapter 254: "I knew it all along. Once they obtained the Hougyouku all previous members of the Espada would become obsolete." And Noitora refering to her as an Ex-Espada and not Privaron, as the Dorudoni-generation is called now, this would mean quite some confusion.

Going from the information we got, I got the following thoughts on the matter:
When Aizen first came to Las Noches and (however he did that) made some deal with the hollows, he took the 'natural' arrancar (privaron) as his first batch of Espada.

Then, after a while with some experiments being good some bad, getting results, he formed a stronger makeshift 'to-be-espada' for when he obtains the hougyouku. Those experiments should've already been stronger than the privaron, but since they were yet to be perfected by the hougyouku he still had them just 'as reserve'. They are arrancar, but somewhat experimented on so that the hougyouku would still be needed to make a stronger version out of them, so he has an 'instant all mighty espada' for the time he has to leave Soul Society after obtaining the hougyouku even if it's still unstable.

Then at some point, the Nel-incident occured and she went missing. Noitora didn't care enough to talk about it likely so nobody knew of the scar or the child form, hence nobody recognized her.
Now, skipping some years up to the end of the SS arc, Aizen makes his plans come true and creates the 'instant all might espada' - the current setup. They aren't meant to be the perfect ones, for perfect hougyouku-only-ones he will have the wonderweiss-generation.
The further perfection by the hougyouku is what Noitora means with "Do you think your Number is worth anything anymore?", imho. so the idea of this timeline is somehow created around that. Yes, I gave the Hougyouku the ability of 'perfecting imperfect hybrids' to have this make sense.

.Now a short comment for the Renji/Uryuu/Dondo/Peshe vs. Clones and Szayel fight:
Not many thoughts on that one, besides me hoping that the next chapter will give some un-comedic spotlight to the fight since it has a nice working team-work setting :)

Hope you had fun reading my try at a review~

Josiah1
September 22, 2007, 10:22 PM
lmao yeah, it was a little confusing but it is hard to tell if he's stronger than her, or just stronger.
thanks for the post though

Silhouette
September 23, 2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the review ttx

A bout Tesla-Nnoitra relationship. It is an odd one alright but such relation exists even in real life. Followers thinks so highly of their masters that even when they are punished they blame themselves for doing something wrong that deserves punishment. Tesla must've felt this way because he apologized for letting go of Orihime.

On the one hand he doesn't follow Aizens orders and goes intruder-hunting and on the other hand he wants everyone below him to following on his word. It might be his 'I am the best'-complex that he has, but in the end there is one word for it: Hypocracy.

I have missed that but it's something that supports the facts about Nnoitra's character...a BSer.

ShinobiWrath
September 23, 2007, 04:58 AM
I have missed that but it's something that supports the facts about Nnoitra's character...a BSer.

My thoughts exactly although there has to be reason behind Noitora's comment as to the current Espada and the former Espada power gap. I mean he did manage to decomission Neliel before. Maybe he knows what he's saying. Great review btw ttx.

ttxdragon
September 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the review ttx
Rather I should be thanking for reading and commenting on it :)

A bout Tesla-Nnoitra relationship. It is an odd one alright but such relation exists even in real life. Followers thinks so highly of their masters that even when they are punished they blame themselves for doing something wrong that deserves punishment. Tesla must've felt this way because he apologized for letting go of Orihime.
Yeah, It's an odd relationship and definitely comes to happen in RL too, but still I would like to see some kinda past. Because even if those relationships occur sometimes without reason, I don't see the same happening in the ranks of hollows/arrancar. Yes, there are different personalities at work, but in the end arrancar still have that drive to be the best. So I hope for some kinda interesting backstory between those two :)

He's definitely not the one you should trust the most, but I don't know how far his words are all Bullshit...

ShinobiWrath, thanks for the nice comment :)

neer
September 26, 2007, 08:12 PM
Seriously man, the messed up timeline has put me in a limbo.... i try not to compare anything with the soul society arc as one reader graciously pointed out about fights being out of sync .... but the more i think the more i find it as a modified soul society arc (at least some part)... with this years thing again reminding me of yurouchi......

Gold Knight
September 28, 2007, 07:48 AM
Huzzah for good reviews :)

Re: Tesla and Noitora

Well, Tesla's task doesn't really mean much if his master had been killed, does it? At that moment, I guess Tesla thought Noitora was dead. I don't mean to be cynical about Arrancar, but being that since most of them are bad to the bone, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla worried about his own status if his master went down. I don't think he's at all close to Espada level. I wouldn't look too deeply for a connection (especially after Noitora kicked his guts XD )

Re: Nel -

Death by Boobs indeed XD I have to admit though, Tite Kubo's character designs have been lacking for me lately though. First I didn't like Grimmjow's second look, and now Nel turns into just another woman with a large bust in the series... likely Nel is going to end up training Ichigo, though, in the same fashion Yoruichi once did. So it's not surprising to me that Nel has such a close attraction to him - gotta give her a reason to even think about training an "outsider" :p

Re: Noitora and Tesla Pt. 2

Well, if I was a big, bad jerk, and I had a flunky that didn't obey my orders, because he thought I was dead, I'd be annoyed too. Both at his breaking my order, and at the reason. I'm not surprised at Noitora's reaction here. As for Noitora's disobeying orders himself, that's his own risk - he doesn't want it from his followers either, I'm sure.

Re: Nel's Disappearance

Well, I'm not sure. There seems to be some indication of an Espada group prior to Aizen's "ascent." Maybe the Hougyouku wasn't always necessary to create Arrancar. Maybe that's a hint at just why Noitora considered himself the best, because he once was, and now he's annoyed that he's not anymore, and is in a bit of denial about it. It seems as though Nel may not have ever met Aizen...

Or it could be this: remember time works differently in the Soul Society as how it works in real life. Maybe time flows longer in Hueco Mundo too.

EDIT: Or maybe not... http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1580/mangarainbleachch13216ag1.png

It was more how they entered Soul Society. So never mind that.

Re: The Ishida/Renji v. Szayel fight

I found it amusing, but yeah, not much to talk about here - although, I was under the impression that Szayel had somehow negated Renji's ban kai. I guess he must have let his guard down here. But I wasn't expecting that plan at all for that reason.

ttxdragon
September 28, 2007, 10:14 AM
Huzzah for good reviews :)

Re: Tesla and Noitora

Well, Tesla's task doesn't really mean much if his master had been killed, does it? At that moment, I guess Tesla thought Noitora was dead. I don't mean to be cynical about Arrancar, but being that since most of them are bad to the bone, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla worried about his own status if his master went down. I don't think he's at all close to Espada level. I wouldn't look too deeply for a connection (especially after Noitora kicked his guts XD )

Heh, yeah the master-servant relationship... though I don't really think it matters much to the other espada if a fraccion will be added to their own ones... So I think there could be switching... And seeing as he blocked Chads punch at noitora, I don't really feel as if it's just the simple master-servant relationship. Tesla is far too concerned about Noitora if he just thinks about his own status as a fraccion.

Re: Nel -

Death by Boobs indeed XD I have to admit though, Tite Kubo's character designs have been lacking for me lately though. First I didn't like Grimmjow's second look, and now Nel turns into just another woman with a large bust in the series...

hmmm, honestly I don't really mind it so much. I didn't like Grimmjows design at first either but it played out nicely for what his powers etc were to be.
For Nell turning into another bigboob... yeah, but she is different in character and everything. Until now the characters in bleach all rely on their personalities more than their looks, imho. So it's fine with me, though I liked her child form a bit better.

likely Nel is going to end up training Ichigo, though, in the same fashion Yoruichi once did. So it's not surprising to me that Nel has such a close attraction to him - gotta give her a reason to even think about training an "outsider" :p

I hope it won't be like that. And honestly, Nell doesn't look the 'teacher type', but more the 'moralistic support' type, like with Orihime...

Re: Noitora and Tesla Pt. 2

Well, if I was a big, bad jerk, and I had a flunky that didn't obey my orders, because he thought I was dead, I'd be annoyed too. Both at his breaking my order, and at the reason. I'm not surprised at Noitora's reaction here. As for Noitora's disobeying orders himself, that's his own risk - he doesn't want it from his followers either, I'm sure.

hmmm... saying it like that doesn't make his behavior better, i guess :/
He's still being unreasonable here, like in his complete behavior until now. He has a very twisted personality on everything. As if he is confused and doesn't know left from right.

Re: Nel's Disappearance

Well, I'm not sure. There seems to be some indication of an Espada group prior to Aizen's "ascent." Maybe the Hougyouku wasn't always necessary to create Arrancar. Maybe that's a hint at just why Noitora considered himself the best, because he once was, and now he's annoyed that he's not anymore, and is in a bit of denial about it. It seems as though Nel may not have ever met Aizen...

I don't think there was an espada group before Aizen, I can imagine it more like mafia-wars if there was some kinda organization in hueco mundo that had the 'top dogs'. I can't imagine them being as calm and complying on their own. Aizen seems like the screw keeping everything there together.

Or it could be this: remember time works differently in the Soul Society as how it works in real life. Maybe time flows longer in Hueco Mundo too.

EDIT: Or maybe not... http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1580/mangarainbleachch13216ag1.png

It was more how they entered Soul Society. So never mind that.

Thanks for linking that pic :amuse
I have seen some people referring to 'different timeflows in SS and Earth' before, so it's nice to have some evidence (I don't have a bleach archive on the pc ^^; )

Re: The Ishida/Renji v. Szayel fight

I found it amusing, but yeah, not much to talk about here - although, I was under the impression that Szayel had somehow negated Renji's ban kai. I guess he must have let his guard down here. But I wasn't expecting that plan at all for that reason.

Szayel said after releasing that he unsealed their powers so that it's more fun to watch them fight against their clones at full power (or something like that).
So not all that surprising that we saw Renji go Bankai. But more surprising that his theory worked :D (I didn't see it coming this way either XD )

fight2thedef
October 07, 2007, 12:22 AM
Swazel has an interesting technique and his ranking is low, honestly i think Aizen screwed up with his ranking system.