PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna guess where Komamura is from??

Kazuho
September 24, 2007, 12:36 AM
Now that i think about it....Where the hell is Komamura from?? shouldnt everyone be human?? or do they have giant Tanuki in the human world that we dont know about...:blink

OrangeRat
September 24, 2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe he was born in the Soul Society like the Gate Guards most likely were.

Pollux
September 24, 2007, 09:48 AM
My stupid "theory" : he was a normal animal and was taken as a pet by a shinigami living in the real world. By being constantly exposed to the shinigami's reiatsu, he awakened his own powers. When he died, he became a shinigami, giving him a more human-like appearance while retaining some of his animal features.
Or perhaps he is a sort of experiment made by a crazy shinigami scientist.
Seriously, I agree with OrangeRat, he was probably born in SS like the guardians (even they don't look like "normal" shinigamis).

Musashi_Keiji
September 24, 2007, 05:03 PM
I agree he probably born or perhaps even created in SS. Maybe a R&D experiment. Or a pet whose sense grew due to shinigami interaction. Perhaps it has something to do with Tousen.

variety927
September 25, 2007, 02:13 PM
Maybe he was somehow like Grimmjow..? Idk...Maybe hes just an experiment.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 03:08 PM
Grimmjow was a human, who became a hollow, who joined with other hollows, and evolved, and took on the shape of a panther. Shinigami...can't really do that.

Maybe his spirit was just so...foxy (I mean, he's like a fox XP) that, as a soul, he's got a fox head. Or, in his life, he actually had a big fox head.

_ATMA
September 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
if i remember correctly o-o wasnt he a normal person and then was cursed at some point

variety927
September 27, 2007, 01:30 AM
Grimmjow was a human, who became a hollow, who joined with other hollows, and evolved, and took on the shape of a panther. Shinigami...can't really do that.

Maybe his spirit was just so...foxy (I mean, he's like a fox XP) that, as a soul, he's got a fox head. Or, in his life, he actually had a big fox head.

Lol foxy...yeah idk Grimmjow was just the first thing that popped in my head :oh

He was cursed?? ..Cool.

Impel Down
September 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
He was cursed? I don't remember that, but I guess it...makes sense. Was he cursed as a human or as a Plus/Shinigami?

Kazuho
September 29, 2007, 01:47 AM
well im guessin he wouldve had to be cursed as a plus/shinigami. unless he was cursed while alive then died and manifested as a fox in SS. :blink

Silhouette
September 29, 2007, 08:26 AM
I will take a wild guess and say that Komamura was in SS and originally looked like a normal human but he was so badly hurt that his"spirit" was placed in a fox-like body engineered in SS labs. The scientist/doctor who operated on Komamura was killed/died later and so Komamura became a shinigami to honour his memory by maintaining order and protecting the living from hollows.

Paz42
September 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
i don't know i really want to though as hes one of the captains that i want to see more from Komamura With his foxy head and his awesome bankai and shikai would really like to see more fights from him maybe using his bankai against a giant arrancar. But i really would like to know his origin because he has a really close reltion with yammamoto or so the manga said i think

but i think off topic a little wasnt it mentioned that the gate gurdian was once known as hercules or something like that when he was alive?

macherie
October 02, 2007, 02:50 AM
I'd say he was roadkill in the real world, only to attain captain status after travelling to soul society ! XD

Seta Soujirou
October 02, 2007, 03:59 AM
i would say he is a zookeeper of a fox and they died together in a terrible mess that their soul got mesh together resulting in such an outcome...haha

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 08:59 AM
That's just silly...but might work. I think the curse thing is a good idea.

yakuza
October 02, 2007, 09:31 PM
hey we know animals can be hollows :referring to that tiny hollow lizard Ichigo saw. so why not shinigami.

Kazuho
October 03, 2007, 02:53 AM
well they kinda transform into those, right? so it couldnt be the same cuz you dont see anyone else changing into a shark or monkey...

* OMFG...im watchin an Axe commercial... O_O*

radical3113
October 04, 2007, 12:59 PM
i think komamuura is just like don kanoji ............we will never understand

lupinos
March 13, 2008, 08:24 PM
In the manga, Komamura was a fox who was befriended by Tousen in SS and became a shinigami to help Tousen uphold his "justice" for his dead friend. I want to know, how did Tousen's friend die and how can Komamura the fox talk? That's the real question as it seems quite clear that Komamura met Tousen at his friend's grave and that Komamura had been wary of shinigami before that time. That much seems to be covered in a flashback just before Tousen leaves with Aizen for HM.

Sōsuke Aizen
March 18, 2008, 02:43 PM
I believe Sajin Komamura isn't a fox because Kenpachi calls him a "wolf bastard" but it doesn't matter, I guess he's just born that way.

weixiaobao
March 20, 2008, 07:51 PM
a werefox... anyway this series doesn't said much about animal souls.. but this sound similar to reincarnation from Hindu and Buddhism so he probably have his past life as a fox and this life supposed to reincarnated into human.. but during the time in SS.. he developed spiritual power and kind talk...

Stupid theory anyway..

kazuma_uzumaki
March 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
I doubt he wold be an expierment(gahh i cant spell D:)
The only person who would do such a thing is mayuri,
and if mayuri did, wouldnt he have a bond with him like nemu does?
maybe he was a human soul in a wolf/fox?
his human soul too long in wolf/fox
forgot his identity
became a wolf/fox dude

Im refering to that one kid who was in the parrot.
He wasnt in the body for too long but what if koma's Human soul was in a fox/wolf's body for so long he forgot what he looks like, but knows he was human.
-dies-
reborn as a spirit with a body that comes from his imagination?

meow79
November 09, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hi bleach fans, I am currently a biomedical student at my local university and i read bleach. As i am studying genetics, it has suddenly occurred to me that our cute doggy captain may have being a product of past human genetic Manipulation.

The reason I felt this way as Kohamura only appear recently in SS history and at the same time the human world is having scientific discovery in genetics fields so there might be a chance that Kohamura may have being created in one of the human labs and later exterminated after his testing are completed, where his soul ended up in SS eventually. So do you all bleach fans think is this theory about Kohamura possible??

conn-man
November 09, 2010, 09:46 AM
I would think the explanation for his fox/wolf form will be more on the mystical side. I'm a person who thinks we may never find out, there's lots of animal people in shounen that don't get explained. Might not be any different for kubo.

THM Nindo
November 09, 2010, 09:50 AM
i was actually wondering what he was...

I mean... we know that All dogs go to heaven (:tem), but how did he manage to become a Shinigami?

And... was he actually a dog in his life, or what!?

Hystzen
November 09, 2010, 10:04 AM
In some works by kubo it is said he has a father and talks about how koma likes carrots but his father said " the food is not for their KIND" so i think there is a speices of Wolf not DOG somewhere in serietei..

infomation only comes from omakes or databooks so i doubt kubo be arsed to explain him..

Koma is my fav character even tho kubo loves to troll him

kkck
November 09, 2010, 10:57 AM
Well, such genetic research would have had to be done by the 12th division so I kinda doubt it. based on the flashbacks I got the impression that komamura met tousen before either of them were in the gotei 13 which in turn means both of them predate the 12th division research thingy. I also remember the databook bit about the carrots so I think it is a sort of family thing.

Takahashi
November 09, 2010, 01:07 PM
How come a talking dog can be a mayor in DBZ?

I don't think it's supposed to make sense, just makes for more variety with character design.

Revolation
November 09, 2010, 10:22 PM
How come a talking dog can be a mayor in DBZ?

I don't think it's supposed to make sense, just makes for more variety with character design.

it's more believable for dbz seeing as dragonball had alot more fantasy than dbz(goku asking a dolphin where master roshi's house was in dragonball) so in dbz those fantasy elements carried on for continuity.
but dbz is in a alternate world than us in the first place even though they still call their planet Earth.

as for bleach i guess kommamura sticks out more, since bleach takes place in supposedly the real world with normal people, except with souls and what not.

i'll post my komma theory later.

edit: ok. only explanation i can find for komma is a that a hollow dog soul ate some humans and gained higher sentience, then got slayed by a shinigami and sent to SS. lol. we know animals can become hollows from the hollow lizard we saw in hueco mundo. this brings me back to my t-rex and dinosaur VLs on hueco mundo's moon theory. not to mention my theory about mod souls coming from augmented animal souls, which is totally possible seeing as there is the existence of ururu and nemu. lol

Takahashi
November 14, 2010, 10:31 PM
it's more believable for dbz seeing as dragonball had alot more fantasy than dbz(goku asking a dolphin where master roshi's house was in dragonball) so in dbz those fantasy elements carried on for continuity.
but dbz is in a alternate world than us in the first place even though they still call their planet Earth.

as for bleach i guess kommamura sticks out more, since bleach takes place in supposedly the real world with normal people, except with souls and what not.

i'll post my komma theory later.

edit: ok. only explanation i can find for komma is a that a hollow dog soul ate some humans and gained higher sentience, then got slayed by a shinigami and sent to SS. lol. we know animals can become hollows from the hollow lizard we saw in hueco mundo. this brings me back to my t-rex and dinosaur VLs on hueco mundo's moon theory. not to mention my theory about mod souls coming from augmented animal souls, which is totally possible seeing as there is the existence of ururu and nemu. lol

Komamura's dad was also a Wolf though. There's mention of him telling Koma not to eat vegetables or something in one of the color books.

conn-man
November 15, 2010, 02:00 AM
I just love the fact that koma is a wolf man. If everything was the same about him but he was just a huge human guy he wouldn't be as awesome. It makes his character twice as interesting, when he was screaming at aizen, kubo could give him the animal feature of bearing his teeth. That's just so cool to me.

So maybe koma will get a proper explanation but if he doesn't that's fine to.