PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Are they dead?

pirate-hitman:L
September 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
Are they dead? I'm sure this is a question on everyone's mind. Did Kanda, Krory, Lavi, and Chaoji really die?
I really don't believe so. I think Chaoji's innocence protects them somehow. The author wouldn't introduce a potential exorcist and kill him 5 chapters later.

well, we found out what happened to these characters so i think this discussion has fulfilled its duty.

Crackpot27
September 30, 2007, 04:52 PM
I don't think any of them actually died. It's been mentioned before but Kanda still has a backstory that hasn't even been touched on, so his death would make some of those earlier hints pointless. That being said, since Kanda was the first to fall so that gives Krory a pretty good chance at survival also.
As for Lavi and Chaoji, they've both recently gone through some major character development. Why kill them off after taking the time to develop their characters. As you mentioned Chaoji was just recently revealed as a potential exorcist so I doubt he's gone. As for Lavi, he just survived another life threatening situation just to fall to his death a few chapter later? Probably not, if there isn't a body it's not yet time to write them off ^^.
Of course I could just be overly optimistic.

Seta Soujirou
October 03, 2007, 11:05 AM
ya i agree with crackpot...kanda definitely isn't dead...i don't really care about krory or chaoji...but i hope lavi makes the cut...

and most importantly...road kamelot to survive...my favorite noah...haha

liunerav
October 03, 2007, 05:59 PM
Oh goodness I sincerely doubt it. It's bad form to kill off so many crucial characters in such rapid succession unless one intends to end the story - and since clearly this is not the case (far too many questions left unanswered and plot lines left untended) it's a little silly to assume any of them are dead.

Besides. This is shounen manga. Even if you have seen the body there is no guarantee of actual death.

Been wondering since Crowley's 'death' on whether they've actually been downloaded into the new Ark. But regardless of the mechanism for their return to the story I'm certain they will come back.

Digital_Eon
October 03, 2007, 06:33 PM
There's a chance that they're really dead; the heroes of the story are alive, after all, so the story doesn't necessarily have to end if it's true. Other manga (okay, fine, GANTZ) have done it before and lasted. On the other hand, Gantz is a seinen... but it might be a really interesting plot twist if they are dead, and stay that way. I'd love it.

On the other hand, yup, it's a shounen, and the likelihood of it happening in a manga like that is low. Killing off the most popular character is... yeah.

Shaddix
October 04, 2007, 02:08 PM
I think they will be appearing one by one (well, maybe two of them appear together as they dissappeared and I mean Chaoji and Lavi...)
They will appear gradually when required (to help the others killing an enemy, for instance)