PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed the quincy design on ichigo's blanket?

delapaz13
October 05, 2007, 12:08 AM
on episode 142 there is a scene were we see a white cross on ichigo's blanket; could it have any important significance?

macherie
October 05, 2007, 12:47 AM
really ? I haven't noticed, maybe you could post a picture, could be possible foreshadowing, there seems to be a lot of these little things in the anime =]

delapaz13
October 05, 2007, 01:37 AM
here it is:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5239/e142202028nc9.th.jpg (http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e142202028nc9.jpg)

Hollow Kurono
October 05, 2007, 04:59 AM
^^Nah i thnk its just a coinsidence or a mistake by Kubo.

macherie
October 05, 2007, 05:52 AM
Oooooooo thanks for taking the time to upload an image delapaz, hmm i wouldn't say it's a mistake but maybe just somethign small. May have no significance but something Kubo just added ^_^

Hollow Kurono
October 05, 2007, 07:20 AM
Well i noticed the quincy design on that to on some other eps but the thing i realy noticed is the quincy desing on the back of Kons head.

CopyNinjaKakashi
October 05, 2007, 07:33 AM
Ishida added that to Kon when he sewed him back up.

eroda
October 05, 2007, 10:03 AM
it has no reason to be there, but mayby kubo put it there because he got a whacky idea and just incase he uses it hed better cover his arse

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 10:39 AM
The Qunicy use lots of little crosses, not one big one.

Kaemon
October 05, 2007, 11:37 AM
Its a cross.... nothing really special.

But that idea did pop into my mind when I saw it. Haha, odd that other people thought of it too, but I just dismissed it.

kiddo7
October 05, 2007, 03:31 PM
I am not sure if it is canon. But i too remember thinking to myself: "Hey did Uryuu sew his blanket too?"

OrangeRat
October 05, 2007, 09:13 PM
He's had it since episode 1.

Ichigo really needs to change his sheets.

squidbreath
November 18, 2007, 10:00 AM
He's had it since episode 1.

Ichigo really needs to change his sheets.

^_^ It's true: http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4797/bedfh7.jpg
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4797/bedfh7.jpg

shahrizal85
November 18, 2007, 09:03 PM
I don't think that this really matters. It's just a small plot. Ichigo is a shinigami, the cross sign is just some mere coincidence.

lostrmntic
February 21, 2008, 06:14 PM
This thread is kinda old but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. The blanket having the cross doesn't seem strange to me this far into the manga and series. The cross is a Quincy symbol, but also a common medical symbol for hospitals. Ichigo lives in a clinic, therefore it wouldn't suprise me that thier own beds have hospital blankets. But now we also know that Ichigo's father and Ishida's father know each other. One runs a clinic, the other owns a hospital. Since Ishida's father has a larger enterprise it's not a far stretch to believe that the Kurosaki clinic is supplied by Ishida's father (his name escapes me). As Quincy pride goes, they probably have thier cross on everything, and nobody thinks anything of it because they come from a hospital.

Inchao
April 10, 2008, 02:05 AM
Wow,nice eye!Now,the crack pairing of Ichigo/Ishida is more solid lol.

DARK
May 26, 2009, 03:21 PM
Uryu is a master steamster, and he has an odd habit of putting a Quincy cross design on his work, so it's possible he made the quilt.

misterchaos
August 17, 2009, 09:23 AM
maybe ishida sew that while ichigo was asleep, i dont kno revenge like he did to kon :D

InnerHollow
August 18, 2009, 02:58 PM
maybe ishida sew that while ichigo was asleep, i dont kno revenge like he did to kon :D

Ishida is a creeper, I knew it!
He always looked like one.
I would of thought he'd be watching Orihime while she slept since he seems obsessed with her.

Ichigo's girl
August 31, 2009, 08:20 PM
maybe he's catholic

-Od|n-
August 31, 2009, 11:57 PM
Maybe ishida went to sleep over and forgot his blanket....

or

maybe it means nothing and u guys are using all your neuron power to figure this out instead of using it somewhere else ( like school work).

slmcknett
September 01, 2009, 05:48 AM
Ichigo's family works for Uryu's dad, so they probably got all of the sheets for their hospital beds from him, and that's why they have Quincy designs on it. It's not really that important though, just a clue at the beginning of the series that Ichigo and Uryu would end up working together.

Tygulopk
September 08, 2009, 12:06 AM
Might have been foreshadowing at the start
Kubo was probably just lazy and didn't want to think up a new design for blankets.

_baka_
September 08, 2009, 03:35 AM
Well there is a reason why ishida's dad doesn't like Ichigo's dad that doesn't seem shinigami related maybe his mom, so maybe Ichigo mom worked for ishida's dad and made that blanket...

slmcknett
September 08, 2009, 05:24 AM
Well there is a reason why ishida's dad doesn't like Ichigo's dad that doesn't seem shinigami related maybe his mom, so maybe Ichigo mom worked for ishida's dad and made that blanket...

Ichigo's entire family works for Ishida's family, so they're probably just mandatory hospital bed sheets.
[hr]

Might have been foreshadowing at the start
Kubo was probably just lazy and didn't want to think up a new design for blankets.

I don't think i've ever heard of anybody saying that Kubo's lazy with making designs. That's just like...blasphemy.:tem

Tygulopk
September 08, 2009, 05:34 PM
I don't think i've ever heard of anybody saying that Kubo's lazy with making designs. That's just like...blasphemy.:tem
Yeah he's extremely focused with sword designs, etc. What I was saying is that...it's just a blanket, c'mon.

WaveBossa
September 08, 2009, 05:52 PM
This thread is kinda old but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. The blanket having the cross doesn't seem strange to me this far into the manga and series. The cross is a Quincy symbol, but also a common medical symbol for hospitals. Ichigo lives in a clinic, therefore it wouldn't suprise me that thier own beds have hospital blankets. But now we also know that Ichigo's father and Ishida's father know each other. One runs a clinic, the other owns a hospital. Since Ishida's father has a larger enterprise it's not a far stretch to believe that the Kurosaki clinic is supplied by Ishida's father (his name escapes me). As Quincy pride goes, they probably have thier cross on everything, and nobody thinks anything of it because they come from a hospital.

This is the most logical response

I completely forgot it was a clinic

Kuranzyan
September 09, 2009, 12:31 PM
Who actually cares whether Ichigo's blankets have a quincy design on them or not? Seriously, the whole series is stuffed with epic (and less epic) fight scenes, and all you can come up with is a blanket? Dude!

On a more on topic note, it's been ages since the Quincy were introduced, being that far into the anime I'd think it wouldn't surprise anymore.

Mifune_Taichou
September 22, 2009, 06:35 PM
Personally I reckon Ichigos mom was a quincy which would explain:

1. How she could even see Isshin
2. How Isshin knows Ryukken as she was probbaly a relative of his
3. the cross on Ichigos blankets that this thread is about-I really doubt Ichigo let Ishida re-do his blankets lol.

slmcknett
October 30, 2012, 03:36 AM
I just wanted to bump this due to the latest plot developments.

Smerten
October 31, 2012, 06:00 PM
Personally I reckon Ichigos mom was a quincy which would explain:

1. How she could even see Isshin
2. How Isshin knows Ryukken as she was probbaly a relative of his
3. the cross on Ichigos blankets that this thread is about-I really doubt Ichigo let Ishida re-do his blankets lol.

And I just want to give this guy a round of applause. That's around 3 years ago, and you actually guessed correctly.

Saint Markus
November 07, 2012, 03:01 AM
I noticed on the cover of "Bleach Vol. 49", that Ichigo's coat looks Quincy-like. What about that one?.

Locksmith30
March 12, 2013, 02:29 AM
no i haven't noticed the quincy design on ichigo's blanket. I've never noticed this. I guess that could make sense and it could fit. How ever I'm guessing that if Ichigo's mom was a quincy she had to have lost her power in order to lose to GF.

Quincy Locksmith (http://www.BestQuincyLocksmith.net)