PDA

View Full Version : I smell another Filler Arc coming soon

Zeus-Tails
October 08, 2007, 03:04 AM
When I saw the latest Bleach anime episode, they were starting to plan to go to Hueco Mundo and, as you know, we're still in the Hueco Mundo arc! Furthermore, since anime episodes cover multiple manga chapters, it won't be long before the anime has caught up with the manga again O_o

macherie
October 08, 2007, 03:48 AM
Hahah yeah i totally agree, they're getting really close, and i doubt they'll let it catch up to about 20 chapters within the manga, i think we'll see another filler arc. Maybe they'll add clones or make Ulquiorra look weak again ;_;

eroda
October 08, 2007, 04:47 AM
youll probably find they will ad some more useless dialouge and fight scenes, etc help fill out the episodes, theyve been doing pretyt much strict manga so almost 3 chapters to 1 ep, but they can get it 2 to 1 ratio.. which would mean 30 episodes of bleach to catch up to current chapter..

currently around chapter 240 i think.. i may be a couple chapters out but meh

_ATMA
October 08, 2007, 05:12 AM
youll probably find they will ad some more useless dialouge and fight scenes, etc help fill out the episodes, theyve been doing pretyt much strict manga so almost 3 chapters to 1 ep, but they can get it 2 to 1 ratio.. which would mean 30 episodes of bleach to catch up to current chapter..

lol this is called DBZ style filler XD lol

and i agree we will prolly see some filler like in past episodes such as the kids back in the normal world fighting hallows while ichigo and co are gone. they may add in quiet a bit of extra stuff but it will be small things u probably wont really notice

Hollow Kurono
October 08, 2007, 05:16 AM
Woohhooo,its gonna be Don Kanonji time again,cant wait.Boahahahaha.

pirate-hitman:L
October 08, 2007, 06:26 AM
Tee hee...What if he tries to fight arrancar?

_ATMA
October 08, 2007, 07:40 AM
only thing i can flat out say would be "owned" lol an arrancar would breathe on don and he would probably die lol

Timeless
October 08, 2007, 11:04 AM
Well, they're only just now getting into Hueco Mundo in the anime, and in the manga they've been there for what, 50-60 chapters? I doubt that there will be any fights for a while after Noitora and Szayel Aporro are done in, so the arc will most likely be over before the anime gets halfway through it (unless Kubo finds yet another way to stall... again) But yeah - I can smell fillers in the air. No big arcs, just short things like those Don Kanonji and Kon specials back in the Soul Society arc.

dreamzsai
October 08, 2007, 11:33 AM
Woohhooo,its gonna be Don Kanonji time again,cant wait.Boahahahaha.

Haha yea! i think this is the most possible filler to appear! And also since we havent seen him for soooo long, it MIGHT be nice to see his crappy appearance again!

....ok, maybe not:D

Splat
October 08, 2007, 12:58 PM
The last episode finished at the end of chapter 241, which means that the anime is 53 chapters behind, but there is no episode this week, so we can call it 54 chapters. then, if the anime goes through 2 chapters per episode, there will be 54 episodes before filler is absolutely necessary, ie no more manga to make eps from. However 3 chapters per episode, we would get 27 episodes before filler was absolutely necessary, but more likely is that there will be something in between, my guess would be somewhere around 40-45 episodes before it was absolutely necessary, but, it won't be allowed to get so close that the anime is running alongside the manga, therefore, we will probably see 35 episodes before filler returns. 35 episodes means that the manga will also be 35 chapters further along, whether the current arc will end by then is anyones guess. I would definitely hope so, but only time will tell.

notBowen
October 08, 2007, 06:40 PM
I think the anime will finish up the Hueco Mundo arc nipping at the heels of the manga and we'll get another Bount style break. Frankly I don't give a damn because they're doing the manga justice as they burn through it, unlike Shippuden which will seemingly never catch up but the show is suffering for it.

Exodi
October 08, 2007, 09:01 PM
I'd rather a bunch of one-ep fillers spriknled throughout than a whole arc.

eroda
October 10, 2007, 12:01 AM
i think shippuden is taking so long becaus ei think shippuden hasnt got much longer they are stalling so they can just burn though the final manga chapters so that the anime finishes 6 months after the manga so to maximised revenue

Hollow Kurono
October 10, 2007, 05:35 AM
^^Well when u see the prewiev u can see that they met someone.Cant realy tell from it but it looks like a spider.To lazy to search it in da manga,i actualy doubt that it will get into a filler arc.Well that filler may be some "Flashback" of some character.Or that they will fight one extra arancar in there.

Vegetoacs
October 10, 2007, 08:03 AM
You would be correct.

I must say i kinda expected the filler arc would make more sense before they jetted off to HM.....a training arc....an information gathering arc, or some bullshit that we've all seen before.

However, in this case, they've chosen to make it to nell first, then draw out searching for rukia in the desert. The episode is called

147 "Forest of Menos! The Search for the Missing Rukia"
"Menosu no mori! Kieta Rukia wo sakase" (メノスの森! 消えたルキアを探せ) November 7, 2007

Latest episode updates from wikipedia.

I only hope they actually do something interesting with this one.

ttxdragon
October 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
yeah, fillers were inevitably coming...

what bugs me is the point they are adding them...

It might screw over the whole time-feeling of the HM arc -- remember: they are only in HM for a short time even in the manga atm... and the timeline might be crucial to the storyline keeping it's credibility for all in-story parties....

they might really screw the storyline up that way, I don't really want that >_<

dreamzsai
October 13, 2007, 05:10 AM
RoFL....i went over to wikipedia and saw that too, and now we officially have the shortest Arc ever in Bleach...at least for now before they decide to continue....

The Hueco Mundo arc
144 "Ishida・Chad, the quickening of a new power"
"Ishida・Sado, atarashiki chikara no taidou" (石田・チャド、新しき力の胎動) October 17, 2007

145 "The Espada Gathers! Aizen's royal assembly"
"ESUPAADA shuuketsu! Aizen no gozen kaigi" (エスパーダ集結!藍染の御前会議) October 24, 2007

146 "The Name is Nel! The appearance of the strange Arrancar"
Sono na wa NERU! Fushigi na ARANKARU toujou" (その名はネル!不思議なアランカル登場) October 31, 2007

Hollow Kurono
October 14, 2007, 11:14 PM
^Well it seems from da info u gave,seems theres no filler comin up.Its just gonna be realy fast.

dreamzsai
October 15, 2007, 02:08 AM
The Forest of Menos arc
This story arc is anime-only, and was created to allow Tite Kubo to publish more material.[7]

147 "Forest of Menos! The Search for the Missing Rukia"
"Menosu no mori! Kieta Rukia wo sakase" (メノスの森! 消えたルキアを探せ)

Sorry that i didnt post this, this "Forest of Menos Arc" is suppose to be after the 3 episodes of the Hueco Mundo arc...and it's a filler arc....

Frank918
October 15, 2007, 06:23 PM
Does the fact that they're denoting this as an actual "arc" mean that it's going to be relatively lengthy??? Keep in mind, they've had several filler episodes in Bleach, but the only time filler was ever denoted with "arc" status was with the case of the two Bount filler arcs...So, I don't know.

What do you guys think???

ttxdragon
October 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
(it was one bount-filler arc)

and, I haven't seen an official announcement for an filler arc in itself yet. just the title with the forest.

you could call is a "one-ep-mini-arc" if you want :p

if i missed some official info saying that it's gonna be a whole arc, please correct me :p

Frank918
October 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
Actually. It was, in fact, two filler arcs:

"The Bount Arc" - Beginning with the group's return to Earth from the Soul Society and the introduction of the three mod-soul characters, as well as the initial Bount antagonists; ending with Ishida opening the gate to the Soul Society, this being the first phase of the Bount's (mainly Kariya's) planned vengeance on the Soul Society.

and

"The Bount Assault on Soul Society Arc" - Encompassing the rest of the Bount episodes beginning with their initial invasion of the Seireitei, gathering of support for their revolt in the Rukongai, and the final siege on the Seireitei (including the final battles of Kariya's Bount subordinates); ending with the dump episode at the end, mainly used for Ichigo's (and Rukia's, I suppose) personal introspect regarding the Bount's motives, especially that of their leader, Kariya.

EDIT: Also, please keep in mind that there have never been anything like a "one-episode-mini-arc," officially that is. The only things given arc status, that have been filler-related, have been the two Bount filler arcs. The other myriad of inidividual fillers (i.e. Don Kanonji's pseudo-adventures, Kon's pseudo-adventures, short-lived Shouta Arrancar story, random interactions the Shinigami on Earth have with the inhabitants following Shouta story, Patros' deception of Aizen) have all been considered to be a part of the larger manga-based arc that they occur in. For example, Shouta's filler storyline is considered to be a part of the larger, manga-based Arrancar Arc.

Inevitable_Exit
October 15, 2007, 07:09 PM
I was reading on uhhhh Bleach Asylum I think, that it will be an entire arc that was guided by Kubo. So hopefully it will be a good filler?

dreamzsai
October 17, 2007, 09:39 AM
It was updated in Wikipedia that the Episode: 147 "Forest of Menos! The Search for the Missing Rukia" "Menosu no mori! Kieta Rukia wo sakase" (メノスの森! 消えたルキアを探せ) will be part of the The Hueco Mundo arc and not a start of a new Arc.

So hopefully it's just a couple of filler episodes and not a lengthy Arc, cause the Hueco Mundo Arc really has some nice stuff that i believe everyone is looking forward to seeing.

Hollow Kurono
October 18, 2007, 02:52 PM
^^Yeah it does,its gonna look insane in animated episodes,i think these fillers aint gonna suck as it sucked with the "Ichigo training,and other shinigami potrolin "Karakura" and fightin some hollow that can reproduce.

Oh and just saw the Sasuke vs Naruto fight and there were lots off flashbacks,so im guessin when the Grimmjow vs Ichigo fight is over.....well have a long,a very long Grimmjow flashback,i think he deserves one.

gigantor21
May 07, 2008, 09:54 PM
Doing a semi-necro here so as not to make another thread...

Seeing how their handling of the in-canon filler forced me away from the series in disgust, I have to say that it was terribly mismanaged. Most of it was frivolous and repetitive--glutting an arc already filled with waste and excess--so the HM Arc experience was just as excruciating the second time around.

I would've much rather gotten a Samurai 7 style release schedule, but with one episode every other week instead of 2. It would've gone down a lot easier that way--normal pacing, less stupid Pesshe and Ishida slapstick, and the ability to leave out all the filler and flashback abuse AND go through the whole arc in one go. And I'm damn sure Bleach makes the station enough money to give Pierrot adequate leverage.

But, alas, the series wouldn't be profitable. And their ability to butcher the story for the past year and a half shows they have the leverage to get away with it--as was the case with Naruto's fillers and the snail like Shippuden. Such is the nature of the business.

We'll have to put up with more of this stuff for many years to come. :/

lokoitachi
May 17, 2008, 06:06 PM
for me i stoped watching the anime after SS arc coz of the damn bounto arc, i mean Y would they add a whole arc as a filler???? thats a question that i dont have an answer for.

ttxdragon
May 17, 2008, 06:39 PM
'because an arc is less random than one-ep fillers'
'because an arc can contain a nice plot and twists'
'because an arc is less tedious to write'
'because it is not even close to as sucky as the studios other filler-solution (naruto fillers)'

well, those are some reasons for filler arcs instead of filler-episodes.
and I personally enjoyed the bounto-arc. sadly it's not in the manga :p

Travis
June 06, 2008, 08:05 PM
Well they could possibly do a filler arc with the current flashback they're doing in manga currently, just add a different story to it and eventually finish it with the story from the manga. But maybe they can't because that might mean introducing abilities of these characters that we haven't seen.

Aizen Sama
January 09, 2009, 01:47 PM
Just to let everyone know. There is going to be another filler arc after episode 203.

AkatsukiNoTobi
January 10, 2009, 09:03 PM
Just to let everyone know. There is going to be another filler arc after episode 203.

How do you know?

Evil3ye
January 11, 2009, 05:22 AM

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????! XD :mad :o :darn :blink :s

Aizen Sama
January 11, 2009, 02:45 PM
How do you know?

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????! XD :mad :o :darn :blink :s

The episode titles are listed on ANN. The reason is obvious. They aren't going to stretch out the pendulum arc.

Reiiko
January 11, 2009, 07:36 PM
The episode titles are listed on ANN. The reason is obvious. They aren't going to stretch out the pendulum arc.

How can you tell a new arc is going to start by the title of the episode? Unless I'm missing something, I can't...

juice88
January 12, 2009, 12:52 AM
here are the next few episodes i think its just gonna prolong this are by adding a many filler like that forest of menos part

202 "Fierce Fighting Conclusion! Who's the Strongest?"
"Gekitō kecchaku! Saikyō wa dare da" (激闘決着!最強は誰だ) January 13, 2009 —
203 "Karakura Town Gathers! Aizen Versus Shinigami"
"Karakura-chō ni shūketsu! Aizen tai shinigami" (空座町に集結!藍染対死神) January 20, 2009 —
204 "Ichigo's Stomach-cutting Persuasion Strategy"
"Ichigo no seppuku settoku sakusen" (一護の切腹説得作戦☆) January 27, 2009 —
205 "Thump! The Football Tournament of Hollows"
"Doki! Horō darake no kemari taikai" (ドキ!虚だらけの蹴鞠大会) February 3, 2009 —

Aizen Sama
January 12, 2009, 01:22 AM
How can you tell a new arc is going to start by the title of the episode? Unless I'm missing something, I can't...

1. because I read the manga

2. Hollows don't play football.

:notrust:ginbo

Evil3ye
January 12, 2009, 05:00 AM

To judge by the manga it's time for the 'Turn back the Penulum' now..!

loL, maybe Hirako is playing football with some Hollowheads :tem

Splat
January 12, 2009, 12:10 PM

:notrust:ginbo

lol

and in regards to the filler, we are only 41 chapters behind the manga, which means that if we continue without filler we'll be caught up in under a year. if we get a filler arc i would that it runs for somewhere around half a year to a year, otherwise we're gonna keep being interrupted by 2 and 3 episode filler arcs to keep the distance.

juice88
January 13, 2009, 02:53 AM
another filler arc is a bad idea the last one was decent to watch but it didnt even follow a story line so it made no sense it was like a bleach movie

Evil3ye
January 13, 2009, 05:55 AM
another filler arc is a bad idea the last one was decent to watch but it didnt even follow a story line so it made no sense it was like a bleach movie

Contradicting Naruto, in Bleach it's always like that. Even the Background stories in the MANGA (e.g. Toshiro's past, Pendulum arc), where placed breaking off the storyline..! :darn

And looks like the Anime is following Mangas lead :notrust
sucks!

ToLALALand
January 13, 2009, 07:24 AM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SZIugDbmmFU

Well i say there might be a series of '1 episode' fillers then after will probably be the Gaiden arc.

Evil3ye
January 13, 2009, 08:30 AM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SZIugDbmmFU

Well i say there might be a series of '1 episode' fillers then after will probably be the Gaiden arc.

Yeah, you might be right. In this new Ending you can see a lot of Pendulum characters..!

Hope it'll be 'just' the Pendulum as Filler..

And I wouldn't might if they'd strech it a little to get more distance form the manga!! :oh

MrBlackRose1
January 13, 2009, 08:46 AM
how long will the fillers be?

Splat
January 13, 2009, 09:51 AM
how long will the fillers be?

it's impossible to say, until they actually start and even then it's only speculation.

if it's one/two episode type fillers it might only last a few episodes, or (god forbid) it might last 2 years like the naruto fillers did. if it's a filler arc with it's own story line (which seems unlikely since we just had one of those) it could be anything from the 20 episodes that we just saw to the 50 or so episodes like the bount filler.

pesonally i would like to see maybe 5-10 episodes of one shot filler followed by an extended turn back the pendulum arc, and then we would probably have to expect another full filler arc straight after turn back the pendulum.

whatever happens the anime is way too close to the manga now (maybe half a year or so before it catches up fully) and the last thing we want to see is a full metal alchemist type situation, so give the fillers some love and appreciate the reason they are there!!

zangetsu685
January 13, 2009, 02:06 PM
hey everyone just to let everyone know it looks like the fillers are gonna be by episode instead of an actual arc this time around...so for those of you who remember during ichigo's training with the vaizards to his fight with grimmjow in karakura (when grim had one arm and hirako came to help him)

there were some fillers that went by ep that made no sense what so ever

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4240&page=25

hopefully these details on ANN are true but then again it could always change so who knows

Evil3ye
January 13, 2009, 02:12 PM
hopefully these details on ANN are true but then again it could always change so who knows

Hmm ok, if these are really only two Filler episodes before the Pendulum part, it is not that worse, we thought it is.

If these description about the Episode is really true, then the Pendulum starts with 206:

2009-02-10
The Past Chapter Begins! The Truth from 110 Years Ago
過去編開始!110年前の真実
Kako hen kaishi! 110 nen mae no shinjitsu

mercifully :tem

Aizen Sama
January 13, 2009, 02:46 PM
Good. Its only a few episodes long.

juice88
January 13, 2009, 03:53 PM
as long as the fillers are believable and follow with the time scheme or at least a flashback im ok with it but please no fillers that involve characters being in a parallel universe like that last filler

Starky-08
January 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
But I dont see how the Hollows playing football will have anything to do with it????

Charlie
January 13, 2009, 07:49 PM
lol What else can hollows do other than palying football? join the army ?
oh wait they're already in an army. Hollows are people too they need their time off after a busy day of work. I imagine they go to a hollow bar pick up some hollow chicks and get drunk and raid Hecuo Muendo all the time. Its all cannon.:ginbo

Edit: Thanks for the link for the new op, I totaly forgot about todays ep.

kurosaki-seb
January 13, 2009, 07:57 PM
the fillers are only for 2 eps then its the past gaiden arc

203 "Karakura Town Gathers! Aizen Versus Shinigami"
"Karakura-chō ni shūketsu! Aizen tai shinigami" (空座町に集結!藍染対死神) January 20, 2009 —

204 "Ichigo's Stomach-cutting Persuasion Strategy"
"Ichigo no seppuku settoku sakusen" (一護の切腹説得作戦☆) January 27, 2009 —

205 "Thump! The Football Tournament of Hollows"
"Doki! Horō darake no kemari taikai" (ドキ!虚だらけの蹴鞠大会) February 3, 2009 —

206 "The Past Chapter Begins! The Truth from 110 Years Ago"
"Kako hen kaishi! 110 nen mae no shinjitsu" (過去編開始!110年前の真実) February 10, 2009

Sparkling Chidori
January 13, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ah that's awesome, loved reading the gaiden. I think it also gives the Vizards a much more serious feel to them, as I saw them in the anime before the manga and I didn't really like any of them until I read the manga and saw their history. Although they are quite mysterious anyway it makes them a lot more interesting.

gfire2
January 13, 2009, 11:04 PM
bleach fillers are good aslong as they dont have an arc with it

Flight-47
January 14, 2009, 12:07 AM
I don't see the problem.

The only time anyone should even have the slightest right to complain about Bleach fillers is when they tie to the story, and ruin the manga material, which the last 2 filler series (Amagai arc. and the short forest of menos arc.) have not.

These 2 filler episodes should be just little fun episodes they're going to throw in. Episode 205 sounds interesting to me, can't wait to see it =D

I'm shocked the next episode is going to sum up all 3 chapters after Nnoitra's demise, and before the flashbacks.

Lego_Man
January 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
I don't believe this.. becuz.. It's in my sig hehehe..

The reason I don't buy this it's becuz of the ending, why put the pendulum characters if we're not gonna get the pendulum?? =/ .. if we had a filler before us, they'd show us some kind of hint.. and now this hint points towards the pendulum

Just read the past posts... 2-3 filler episodes are bearable n_n

Reiiko
January 14, 2009, 06:09 PM
Oh good, we only have to watch a few episodes of filler. I can't wait for the pendulum arc to get into the anime! It's gonna look great animated. And the football thing...Hehe, maybe they'll give us some back story on the hollows. They can't just sit there all day eating each other!

Darek Khort
January 14, 2009, 07:03 PM
But I dont see how the Hollows playing football will have anything to do with it????

Perhaps Karin will be playing a game of soccer with Jinta and Ururu; and meet upon a bunch of Hollows and fight them off with a soccer ball, much like she did in a previous episode ages past. Perhaps we'll see that bwahahaha guy again (forgot his name).

Ceestar
January 14, 2009, 08:36 PM
At least these fillers seem like they'll be "fun", so it's like a little break before we get right into the serious stuff. I'm glad they'll only be an episode or two.
I'd love to see something like what One Piece did for a movie special... just random Shinigami vs Hollow in a game of football or soccer, hahaha! -already drew her favourites in soccer uniforms after reading the episode title-

I wouldn't mind more fillers DURING Turn Back the Pendulum, as in some random-ness of that arc's characters. I'd like to see more of the younger Gotei 13 of today (aka Kuchiki, Hisagi and Nanao). The manga isn't very far ahead, so I honestly think after Turn Back the Pendulum there COULD be a filler arc... so I rather some random scenes during this Gaiden arc rather than after it. I really don't want another random arc like last time (Kira is my favourite character, and that's the only thing that pulled me through the last arc...I really didn't like how Ichigo+co just dropped everything and took place in a filler arc in the middle of the Hueco Mundo business).

THM Nindo
February 10, 2009, 01:40 PM
There are no fillers after 203.
It's the "Turn back the pendulum" gaiden that appeared in the manga at that exact moment.

Edit :
Oh, okay. You were referring to those two episodes :p
I thought you were saying that there was to be a long filler arc.

DARK
May 26, 2009, 03:19 PM
I believe a filler arc will come after the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight. It would fit the theme, saying Ichigo will "defeat Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, and Aizen." And just like how Grimmjow's fight ended with filler, I can't really think of any better time to start a filler.