PDA

View Full Version : Mugiwara's sign of friendship? Just a Sham?

Ulquiorra
May 12, 2006, 06:41 AM
I was just re-reading a few great moment in One piece and came across this one in Chapter 216:

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceManga/onepiecechapter216.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4193

As you can see, this is the Mugiwara's sign of friendship and their bond with Bebe (Bibi/Vivi). And we all know how important Nakama is to them, question is -- Do they still have that x on their left arm? And if not, why not?

Kickmeister
May 12, 2006, 07:24 AM
They painted it right? Then the paint would go away at one time or another.. It's not like they need a mark like that to continue being nakama..

Strawhat_4491
May 12, 2006, 04:54 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha... ha... hahahahahaha

It probably got washed off in Skypeia or somewhere after they left Vivi. They still are nakama but spiritually.

Lohnt
May 12, 2006, 06:15 PM
Umm that sign was a silent way to tell Vivi they were still Nakama. They don't need to keep the symbol to continue to consider her Nakama. The only reason they used it is so that the marines would not have proof she was involved with pirates.

Gol. D Roger is dead, did that stop Tom and Dragon from being his Nakama? As far as I can tell they continue to live on in his memory with pride.

fireballer666
May 13, 2006, 02:38 AM
THere is no proof that GOl D. ROger and Tom were actually friends. And as for Dragon, there is no proof for anything about him....cept that he looks badass.

SchmoDawg
May 14, 2006, 03:09 PM
Umm that sign was a silent way to tell Vivi they were still Nakama. They don't need to keep the symbol to continue to consider her Nakama. The only reason they used it is so that the marines would not have proof she was involved with pirates.

Gol. D Roger is dead, did that stop Tom and Dragon from being his Nakama? As far as I can tell they continue to live on in his memory with pride.

They've showed dragon like once, all they said about him was that he's the greatest threat to the World Government. That doesn't mean that he was Gol. D Roger's nakama, they didn't even say that he knew Roger.

ltphil
May 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
They've showed dragon like once, all they said about him was that he's the greatest threat to the World Government. That doesn't mean that he was Gol. D Roger's nakama, they didn't even say that he knew Roger.

They didn't say much about anything from Gol D.Rogers lifetime....

and where did they actually say that Dragon is the greatest threat to the GW...???

Eboria
April 26, 2007, 12:06 PM
They didn't say much about anything from Gol D.Rogers lifetime....

and where did they actually say that Dragon is the greatest threat to the GW...???

Page nine of chapter 440 it says: The world goverment's most wanted man, Dragon, The Revolutionary.

And considering they set their bounties depending on strength and, more importantly, threat that would make Dragon is the greatest threat to the GW.

sahugani
April 26, 2007, 12:17 PM
stay on topic please

Anti-panda
April 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
yes it was a sham.. because you quit caring about someone just because you washed the paint off.
... Sarcasm
How is this even up for discussion... ???

I think personally the strawhats all need to get matching tattoo's .. of thier mark to show solidarity.

OP_overlord
April 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
it is no sham the fact that they all fight to protct each other shows that they are nakama for life and they have done it like every main battle they are always trying to save someone once for vivi and once for robin and twice for nami (arlong and eneru) and now they are about to risk there lives for each other

so they need no mark to show that they are friends but it does help they should have a side arc with vivi (eventho she wasnt my favorite person)and show that she still has the mark

Absolutio
April 27, 2007, 04:06 PM
would be cool if they had a tatoo like in the WB crew to show everyone that they're part of the strawhat crew, but i guess that this will happen only when luffy will have lots of crew memebers.

the x mark, aint there anymore, as you can see by reading the manga and looking at their arms. it doesnt mean they aint nakamas anymore, it means, the painting, got washed away. that's it.

Anti-panda
April 27, 2007, 04:49 PM
I've considered getting a "X" on my arm as a real life tattoo. Problem is .. most jobs don't want the tattoo's visible ... and if i did a X anywhere else it would loose it's OP connection and thus it's real purpose.

OP_overlord
April 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
you could mke it a really really small one but then agian the true purpose is lost
and the SH even old enought to get a tattoo dont you have to be over 18 of 16 and have a parent with them and since none of them have parents with them we know it must have just been paint and nothing more and that gets washed away but they are still nakama

Crenzel
April 27, 2007, 11:07 PM
LOL they're pirates ;D

they can do what ever the hell they want!

And remember this is an era where there is no law against tattoos, smoking, drinking etc for minors. It most definitely was just paint used for the sole purpose of showing Vivi they'll remain nakama forever.

Absolutio
April 28, 2007, 04:50 AM
it's purpose was to identify each other, because of this ballet changing figures guy.

Crenzel
April 28, 2007, 05:34 AM
Wasn't that the arm bands?

Absolutio
April 28, 2007, 09:15 AM
the arm bands where a trick to confuse them. when this guy (i forgot his name) copied ussopp, he saw ussopp's arm band, so he made one too, but when he identified himself to vivi, she understood its a scam, coz the arm band covered the real sign - the x, mark of the nakama. :p

OP_overlord
April 28, 2007, 04:57 PM
it was a good plan

i beat luffy didnt think of it or want to do it cause he sees them as nakama with out the stupid mark

Anti-panda
April 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
you could mke it a really really small one but then agian the true purpose is lost
and the SH even old enought to get a tattoo dont you have to be over 18 of 16 and have a parent with them and since none of them have parents with them we know it must have just been paint and nothing more and that gets washed away but they are still nakama

If a man with a 300 million beri reward .. ask me for a tattoo I'm sure as hell not gonna say NO.

Plus thats only in america ... other places it's a right of passage and you get one once you hit puberty.

OP_overlord
April 28, 2007, 10:35 PM
true very true on both acounts