PDA

View Full Version : Anime Dattebayo Dropping Bleach O= ?

Imustask
October 13, 2007, 02:48 AM
Is this Dattebayo's usual trolling or
are they actually dropping bleach?

http://dattebayo.com/pr/48

Or do we have to wait for bleach's date of the 17th to find out.

(I know there probably is another site for subbing,
but I kinda like dattebayo's
[due to the nice text used] .)

OhDearMoshe
October 13, 2007, 03:33 AM
NO YHBT as far as I can see. Looks like its a goner!

Raimaru
October 13, 2007, 03:42 AM
Is this Dattebayo's usual trolling or
are they actually dropping bleach?

http://dattebayo.com/pr/48

Or do we have to wait for bleach's date of the 17th to find out.

(I know there probably is another site for subbing,
but I kinda like dattebayo's
[due to the nice text used] .)
Don't worry, just usual trolling.

NO YHBT as far as I can see. Looks like its a goner!
Like putting a "YHBT" decides if it's trolling or not. Just check the all knowing internet (http://www.bleachportal.net/) ... or maybe just a MangaHelpers Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19337)...

notBowen
October 13, 2007, 03:49 AM
Troll taking advantage of people who don't know there wasn't any Bleach this week.

rykarreolacr
October 13, 2007, 04:01 AM
Obviously a joke... There's no episodes this week.

You never know when to take this guys seriously... >_<
This is getting a bit too old tough...

Splat
October 13, 2007, 01:25 PM
Although there is a high possibility of trolling, there really is no reason to be bothered if it isn't, flomp-rumbel's sub is just as high quality, and is generally quicker too.

Travis
October 13, 2007, 03:15 PM
I saw that news post earlier and it had nothing about bleach dropping, just announcing they were doing that new anime. So someone edited for troll value.

Those guys are really just jackasses for the most part. The only good thing they do is sub anime in a timely manner. Their trolls and fakesubs are so stupid.

Absolutio
October 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
i totally agree with you.. they are really dumb, though their donations to the anime community are making up for it.

ttxdragon
October 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
hey, hey,
no need to bash them.

Ok, their jokes are getting old, but why bother going and bashing them for it? not like it's gonna stop them :p

and whether or not they'll drop bleach... It's not like i really care >_>
Flomp-Rumbel is still there, then one can watch the raw... and since bleach is a pretty popular series another group would be bound to pick it up at some point when there is no one doing it. :)

though i certainly do like that they are usually doing subs in a very timely manner :)

Travis
October 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
Stating facts isn't really bashing. If you're an idiot and I call you an idiot. It's not really insulting if its the truth. Same with if someone is intelligent.

They go around trying to piss people off with their trolling and lying. Don't know why. Don't really care, because I'm not dumb enough to fall for it. But its pretty crazy when you try to piss off a bunch of people just because you're in the mood for it. They also seem to get off on announcing they will ban people for asking them whatever dumb question they don't want to hear. Its amazing.

earthforge
October 14, 2007, 12:06 AM
They may just be having a good laugh over your whining. They do their job well, and that's all us anime fans should care about. Whether they are good people or not is not up IN ANY WAYto us. Why get so worked up over fake messages and trolls, or even fakesubs? Bleach is just an anime that is popular, so just relax over dattebayo being slightly annoying. Bleach is not the world, and it's not like if Dattebayo stopped subbing it people would keel over and die.

On the troll:
I would have enjoyed that Dattebayo stopped subbing. Many people would freak if that occured. Frankly, since Bleach is going into the Hueco Mundo arch, I personally would have been glad to see that. One really painful arch down for the count. Even the Bounto arch was cooler than this arch(the beginning was stupid, but I could not agree more with the villain's motives. Soul Society NEVER stops being assholes.)

I appluad the troll.

notBowen
October 14, 2007, 02:52 AM
I don't mind it, not like I've donated anything to the site. They do me a service for free I partake in every week. If they want to have a bit of fun here and there let them have at it.

Raimaru
October 14, 2007, 05:36 AM
Stating facts isn't really bashing. If you're an idiot and I call you an idiot. It's not really insulting if its the truth. Same with if someone is intelligent.

They go around trying to piss people off with their trolling and lying. Don't know why. Don't really care, because I'm not dumb enough to fall for it. But its pretty crazy when you try to piss off a bunch of people just because you're in the mood for it. They also seem to get off on announcing they will ban people for asking them whatever dumb question they don't want to hear. Its amazing.
Wow, very mature to declare your personal opinion to be the one and only truth.

If you don't really care, then stop blaming them for their trolling, and stop stating to be amazed by them. Since you don't really care, right?
Or if you actually DO care, then just stop supporting them and download your eps somewhere else.

The topic's question was if Bleach is going to be dropped or not - we got the answer now.
Don't abuse it for random dattebayo bashing.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
October 14, 2007, 08:02 AM
Since this question have been answered, this thread is closed.

MissMinako
May 25, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hey everyone,

I read a disturbing message on dattebayo's website http://dattebayo.com/pr/134

there is a chance Dattebayo will stop subbing Bleach, if Crunchyroll can obtain a license. In the past, the dattebayo-staff has posted numerous false messages, so I don't know if this is another one of their "pranks"

It sounds pretty serious to me, because that's exactly how they dropped Naruto

I really, really hope they won't drop Bleach. Dattebayo-guys like to act like jerks, but their fansubbing is great

FrenchLolita
May 25, 2010, 06:07 PM
I just read that on their website, as well. I feel the same way about it -- I would be really disappointed if they stopped subbing Bleach, mainly because I've grown very attached to their style and quality.

However, there's no guarantee that anything will actually happen. I think they will only drop Bleach if Crunchyroll's petition for the Simulcast thing actually gets through to Tv Tokyo.

If anything, I just followed their instructions and signed the petition while asking for Dattebayo to be in charge of the subbing. Let's hope for the best!

Akiyama
June 02, 2010, 07:41 PM
Crunchyroll to Simulcast Bleach (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-bleach-tv-anime) It's official, this is a sad day for Bleach anime fans. :scry

Tayz
June 02, 2010, 09:47 PM
Crunchyroll to Simulcast Bleach (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-bleach-tv-anime) It's official, this is a sad day for Bleach anime fans. :scry

:jawdrop

DB should get rights to sub they're the best in the business. and free so viz should take advantage of those services :shakefist

hajialibaig
June 02, 2010, 09:54 PM
lol u guys talkin if DB the only fansub out there...there r plenty out there ..not to worry :|

NOT to mention bleach subtitled episodes will be out 2:30am PDT on Tuesdays..14 hours earlier than when DB rolls bleach out usually yay!! *1

*1 - must be a premium member on crunchy roll, no purchase necessary

HomieGoku
June 02, 2010, 10:00 PM
anyways i dougth tv tokyo will even listen to them , or will they lets just wait and see . hope db stays with bleach love there subbing even though there assholes. :P

hajialibaig
June 02, 2010, 10:10 PM
What DB are, what they stand for, and what they are doing, are all illegal. Long gone are the golden days of fansubbing groups. Embrace yourself for the new era of subbed anime delivered to everyone on timely and reliable basis. At a cost though, not sure if everyone here's gonna like that idea :)

Charlie
June 02, 2010, 10:29 PM
Well this is the best of both worlds and its legal. I happy cr got the license, although lots of the leachers wont like it. :XD

Akiyama
June 02, 2010, 10:45 PM
I never use Crunchyroll directly, I still get Naruto via rips from crunchyroll and I don't have to pay a thing. Or you can go with Taka fan subs. Next week will probably be the same thing, like Dattebayo said, they are going to tone down the language and Crunchyroll doesn't do any karaoke for the songs. _-_

There's ton of anime besides Bleach and are still getting subbed every day. Dattebayo has been subbing Bleach for 4 years now, they had great subs, it just sad to see them stop subbing Bleach.

hajialibaig
June 02, 2010, 10:50 PM
Dattebayo has been subbing Bleach for 4 years now, they had great subs, it just sad to see them stop subbing Bleach.

True say. DB had decent quality and I had finally figured how to watch their releases on my PS3 without the need for video re-encoding last year :p

Not anymore I guess haha

Jassaray
June 08, 2010, 12:47 AM
Anyone complaining about finding it harder to get media which costs money to produce needs a reality check and a good dose of maturity.

The amount of time and effort it takes to produce high quality media like music, film and television (including anime) is staggering. When you get people simply avoiding paying for this entertainment, the quality goes down because the money isn't there to produce it.

I appreciate the efforts of fansubbing groups to bring Anime to a wider community but that work is done now and I congratulate DB for stepping aside now there is a way to watch Bleach while supporting the studio financially.

matsemann08
June 08, 2010, 12:56 AM
Dattebayo updated their site today :(

Crunchyroll Does Not Force DB to Drop Bleach
2010/06/07

As most of you are probably aware, Crunchyroll has recently acquired the rights to simulcast Bleach. As we previously stated, DB will therefore be dropping the project. We will release one more episode so that our staff can say goodbye to one of our favorite shows, and so we can conclude the project with having subbed 225 total episodes of Bleach. This means that Bleach 274 will be DB's last episode of Bleach.

Please note that Crunchyroll did not in any way force, coerce, recommend, or suggest that we drop Bleach. DB has in fact not had any communication directly with Crunchyroll regarding this issue or any other. We are dropping Bleach because we support legal alternatives to fansubs and we hope you will too. As with Naruto, the best way to make sure this service is giving you what you want is to give it a chance and then send your feedback to Crunchyroll and to Viz, preferably framed in as polite as a way as you can manage so they might actually listen to you.

http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/135 (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/135)

CBlitz
June 08, 2010, 02:52 AM
it was more sad when they let Naruto go, Bleach not so much. Well I guess that leaves DB with subbing Fairy Tail so they might pick something else up

Google Hero
June 08, 2010, 03:50 AM
it was a great run for DB, but it is a tad sad to see them drop it. Oh well i know HS will pick it up now since they rip everything Crunchy roll air.

Xerous
June 08, 2010, 03:56 AM
Anyone complaining about finding it harder to get media which costs money to produce needs a reality check and a good dose of maturity.

The amount of time and effort it takes to produce high quality media like music, film and television (including anime) is staggering. When you get people simply avoiding paying for this entertainment, the quality goes down because the money isn't there to produce it.

I appreciate the efforts of fansubbing groups to bring Anime to a wider community but that work is done now and I congratulate DB for stepping aside now there is a way to watch Bleach while supporting the studio financially.

well if i pay for it i'm gonna expect better quality.

Saint Markus
June 13, 2010, 06:42 AM
i saw this coming after what happen last year when DB dropped Naruto. just a matter of time i was thinking for Bleach. CRoll's episodes aren't that great as far as quality goes, but whatever.

maybe Rumbel will pick Bleach back up, they did a really good job on the series a while back.

ramonb
June 13, 2010, 04:00 PM
Anyone know of any other places to D/L bleach now that DB will stop subbing them? I know that I get my Naruto torrents from Nayya, anyone know any alternatives?

Charlie
June 13, 2010, 07:13 PM
Rather than alternatives, I say support the source and get it from Crunchy.
I hope that did not come of offensive, not intentional.

damane08
June 14, 2010, 03:38 AM
What DB are, what they stand for, and what they are doing, are all illegal. Long gone are the golden days of fansubbing groups. Embrace yourself for the new era of subbed anime delivered to everyone on timely and reliable basis. At a cost though, not sure if everyone here's gonna like that idea :)

And when that happens i'll hopefully still have One Piece. I hope it still gets subbed an hour.........eerrr an half hour after release in Japan. I hope i can still go to the Funimation site for OP and watch it for free.

freshseth83
June 14, 2010, 06:52 PM
So i don't get this, is crunchyroll the guys who do the subs or do they now do the whole episode (animation and all)? If so what does this mean? Can't say that it matters much to me since i know the manga so the text won't mean much if there's a difference. I am just curious if this means that the animation or the dates being released will change or what is the big deal?

Charlie
June 14, 2010, 07:04 PM
No fresh, Crunchy just does the subs and then post's it after an hour of the original Japanese tv episode. They're not affiliated with the animation team, other than receiving the current weeks episode to sub and host.

It is available for premium members, after an hour. The rest, will have to wait for about a week.

DARK
June 14, 2010, 07:04 PM
I knew this day was coming, because that's what happens with "major" anime subbing projects.

freshseth83
June 14, 2010, 07:09 PM
No fresh, Crunchy just does the subs and then post's it after an hour of the original Japanese tv episode. They're not affiliated with the animation team, other than receiving the current weeks episode to sub and host.

It is available for premium members, after an hour. The rest, will have to wait for about a week.

so they did the last episode correct? if so, I didn't have to wait a week, it came out in the middle of the night and was online. I don't see what the big deal is, besides maybe some messing up with little words in the translation. Is this what people are worried about? That they have to wait when we have a thread here that gives links to the episodes an hour after their released? Because if that's the case anyone can look online and watch a streamed episode or copied episode, why wait a week? That's pointless unless you want to download it, and in that case theirs sites that you can do that also. Maybe not the most legal of things but then again, how many mp3's does your computer have on it that you've 'bought'?

Maybe you could explain to me what the big deal about crunchyroll doing the subs is if it's different than what I've just mentioned.

Charlie
June 14, 2010, 07:20 PM
I knew this day was coming, because that's what happens with "major" anime subbing projects.

Well, it is legal this way and the price is pretty cheap, plus it supports the content providers.

so they did the last episode correct? if so, I didn't have to wait a week, it came out in the middle of the night and was online. I don't see what the big deal is, besides maybe some messing up with little words in the translation. Is this what people are worried about? That they have to wait when we have a thread here that gives links to the episodes an hour after their released? Because if that's the case anyone can look online and watch a streamed episode or copied episode, why wait a week? That's pointless unless you want to download it, and in that case theirs sites that you can do that also. Maybe not the most legal of things but then again, how many mp3's does your computer have on it that you've 'bought'?

Maybe you could explain to me what the big deal about crunchyroll doing the subs is if it's different than what I've just mentioned.

Yes, the did last weeks episode fresh. Currently they have about 9 videos going back from last weeks episode. They will have Tuesdays episode one hour after it airs in Japan for stream. I think the air time listed on the site was 2:30 am.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Bleach

I like that crunchy offers the subs, but I think some people don't like the idea for the same reasons you mentioned.

freshseth83
June 14, 2010, 07:24 PM
So people are complaining about some mixed up words that really could be translated in a various amount of ways? (manga scans aren't always accurate)

Or are these people complaining that they can't download the episode for free? (which is a laugh since you'll always be able to download things for free off the net)

Kaiten
June 14, 2010, 07:41 PM
DB dropped Naruto when it was picked up by ceunchyroll, other fansubbers picked it up shortly. For those wondering: Crunchyroll kind of sucks. They reduce the resolution of any show they air to fit into their crappy little player. I don't watch any anime there nor will I watch "subs" based on crunchyroll rips. Not sure how much it will effect Bleach, should any one choose to use their services, since last I looked (which was a long time ago .____.) Bleach wasn't broadcast in HD. No worries, Bleach is to popular not to get fansubbed based on TV raws. Any group that's wants attention (and big download totals) will pick it up within the next few weeks. With DB out of the way, probably many groups.

Webonomic 101: Whatever can be turned into data will be free. The old morality no longer applies. Multi-billion dollar publishers/record companies/TV studios should never be pitied. Napster introduced the mainstream to filesharing almost 15 years ago, since in that time not a single traditional entertainment company has figured out how to integrate the internet into their business plan they deserve to lose money. Through out history new technology not only changes the way people do business, sometimes even the entire economic model. The internet is one such innovation. If a company can not put enough money into R&D to find a new model they can no longer claim to be a competitive entity.

Charlie
June 14, 2010, 07:47 PM
So people are complaining about some mixed up words that really could be translated in a various amount of ways? (manga scans aren't always accurate)

I think in this case, Crunchy's service is not available everywhere. As opposed to DB, where anyone could have access, plus being free to everyone regardless.

Or are these people complaining that they can't download the episode for free? (which is a laugh since you'll always be able to download things for free off the net)

No one is going to argue with that. ^^ :amuse

freshseth83
June 14, 2010, 10:57 PM
If quality is an issue, or resolution, it seems to me that the last episode didn't suffer at all. At least not from the links provided from this site or Bleach Asylum. I'm assuming the dubs they provided links for were from c-roll since they were out so soon.