PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail Previous Chapters Discussion Thread

Nami
October 11, 2007, 10:39 AM
Chapter 58 is now out at the RTS. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19682)
Well, as usual, discuss what you think about this chapter? Have fun. :amuse

malekov
October 11, 2007, 01:03 PM
Erza was great!!1 holy sh*t

Impel Down
October 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
Wow, Erza. Way to prove me wrong about coming back.

And why doesn't Aria cry anymore? Am I the only one disappointed about that?

Imperium
October 15, 2007, 01:25 AM
eyes, aria had eyes, :( i was hoping he would have no eyes and there would be like a empty space in which he can shoot magic from....but anyway, erza came back!! and not only did she beat him she even cracked a few cool lines :oh

and now all that is left is gazille and jose, gazille hasn't been seen since the first fight, so i think he is probably charging up (if they can do that -_-;).

Impel Down
October 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
Is he charging his laser, by any chance?

And I think they should do it by themselves, at this point, no S-Rank help aside from Erza and maybe Makarov. The only person I will allow to come save them (except for Mist Gun-kun) is Loki.

Imperium
October 16, 2007, 12:17 AM
Yes, i almost forgot about him, but he does seem very strange recently, he keeps on looking over at Lucy and saying nothing, which kinda freaks me out but i think that issue would probably be addressed in another arc.

Anyway i think nobody isnt going to actually beat jose, after all his Maje's are defeated he will probably run away and hopefully will be charged by the council.

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 03:15 PM
Well, didn't they say that he had a bad relation with a Stellar Star Mage, a while back? That may be why. And he and Kana were supposed to be protecting the guild, but we've seen him do...nothing.

As to Jose, he can MAKE mages, remember? He can still fight.

Nami
October 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
Chap 59 "Inspire" is out!
Get yours at the RTS section (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20034)and discuss away here.

malekov
October 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
Wow, it seems Jose gone mad... haha :) Waiting for translation or scanlation to make a better comment..

Imperium
October 17, 2007, 02:39 PM
jose went mad i thought it was natsu, but i really wanna know what erza said to get him all pissed, and loki was crying, finally showing emotion what was that all about.

btw are we supose to post on this thread after the trans comes out or can we still post.

==========================================

Erza is the only S-Class I think is going to show up now, personally. It just wouldn't fit if they come with so few enemies left.

Talk about predictions going right....

well, i hope after this arc we will see something intresting from happy he must be able to do something more than fly and wave a stick around:amuse

vanylla
October 18, 2007, 03:45 PM
naw ... she`s just a little funny cat-thing with some quite useful knowledge, cauz natsu is a litlle stupid...
I wanna see Luxus... cauz erza don't seems to fight again this arc and Natsu will just have the power to defeat gazille (even with his 'wings of flame')...
So Luxus, glidratz or mist gun have to show themselves, if makarov is just supporting and not fighting...

Posts moved as they are predictions ^^

gdupninja
October 18, 2007, 03:47 PM
Oh boy my dawg Natsu is gonna kick some ass. He better go get Gazelle's head after doing that to Lucy. Forget the other s-class mages I cant wait to see Natsu's next fight!

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
Loki loki loki loki loki!

Finally, we get to see some more Loki! Looks like there's more to him and Lucy than meets the eye. I sure hope he comes back and makes a difference in this fight. Maybe beats Gazelle?

And Natsu all fired up...hope he fights Jose.

Well, Jose is coming to them, so he'll probably take on Jose, not Gazelle.

But with Loki sad over Lucy, I hope he fights Gazelle...and wins.

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 02:48 AM
okay, the erza speech was kinda corny but emotional nonetheless, and now another question has been added. What is natsu's hidden power??

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 02:49 AM
People! we should be discussing this in the chapter discussion thread:amuse

dandy65
October 20, 2007, 03:36 AM
okay, the erza speech was kinda corny but emotional nonetheless, and now another question has been added. What is natsu's hidden power??

Probably crazy strength and more fire I guess. That time when he got so angry against the wind guy Eligor, his power amplified. Maybe his hidden power is to control the amplified power whenever he wants. And that will happen during IRON VS FIRE dragon slayers battle. Heh.

sahugani
October 20, 2007, 03:42 AM
with the combination of Natsu's nose and emotion, he'll probably be going straight to Lucy, who happens to be guarded by Gazille, so I'm betting on Natsu's fight being with him instead of Jose. Jose on the other hand is going to exterminate the infiltrating mages, which is more likely to reference the group of Mirajane, Gray, and Elfman

dandy65
October 20, 2007, 04:45 AM
with the combination of Natsu's nose and emotion, he'll probably be going straight to Lucy, who happens to be guarded by Gazille, so I'm betting on Natsu's fight being with him instead of Jose. Jose on the other hand is going to exterminate the infiltrating mages, which is more likely to reference the group of Mirajane, Gray, and Elfman

How about Erza :O I think she's as good as dead...They'll save her then fight Jose! And unlikely to win

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
Well, I doubt Erza died, but she's probably passed out. And Natsu totally has to win against Jose!...unless they aren't fighting. *crosses fingers for Mist Gun-kun*

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
That time when he got so angry against the wind guy Eligor, his power amplified. Maybe his hidden power is to control the amplified power

well actually looking back at that fight, what i found most interesting is when he changed the "type" of fire he used (to cling to the bridge). This makes one think that there are more types of fire that Natsu can control and that his hidden power may to unlock an even stronger "type" of fire.

Jose on the other hand is going to exterminate the infiltrating mages, which is more likely to reference the group of Mirajane, Gray, and Elfman

They will probably hold him off until Makarov comes, but i really doubt Elfman and Gray can do it alone, so maybe Mirajane will overcome her past and fight with her true strength out of necessity just like Elfman did.

Well, I doubt Erza died, but she's probably passed out. And Natsu totally has to win against Jose!

I agree with the first part i really doubt Erza died, she just probably passed out. but as for Natsu fighting Jose, i see it as extremely unlikely, first of all Natsu had undoubtedly grown by leaps and bounds in this arc, but for him to suddenly fight one of the ten great holy mages and win, to me is just poor writing. What would probably be more probable is Natsu fighting Gazille which i have to admit has been a long time coming.

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 03:04 PM
Well, if you go back to what I actually said, I added that they may not fight, although I can't say that I wouldn't enjoy such a fight, and Makarov can't really come back, from the condition he's in right now.

I guess Natsu could fight Gazelle to protect Lucy, but the way Loki acted this chapter...it just seems like he'll do something.

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 10:01 AM
I guess Natsu could fight Gazelle to protect Lucy, but the way Loki acted this chapter...it just seems like he'll do something.

yes, Loki, how can we forget loki :amuse. Well since there aren't that many strong mages left for him to fight (other than Jose and Gazille, and i think they are too strong for him), i'm going to predict that he will come to the rescue of kana and the other mages and literally obliterate those pesky minions :)

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
That would certainly be great, although if Jose gets beaten, they'll all go away anyway. But I guess he could just protect them...wait a minute, wasn't Loki already there? Why is he suddenly with Lucy and Reeves?

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 10:11 AM
wait a minute, wasn't Loki already there? Why is he suddenly with Lucy and Reeves?

He said, he thought something like that might happen (i.e Phantom finding lucy), and we now know the reason of all those silences, he was thinking!!! :XD

But to tell the truth, i really want to see him angry because as far as i can remember he never has been angry, and that will probably make him show us just how strong he is :)

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:14 AM
I dunno, he looked angry while crying to me. But I totally want to see Loki kick some ass. He's easily my favorite character in the series so far, even if he's really done nothing.

My only problem with Loki: His power's kind of stolen from my manga, so people would think I stole it from him.

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 10:21 AM
My only problem with Loki: His power's kind of stolen from my manga, so people would think I stole it from him.

Your manga!! Loki's power was totally stolen from Green Lantern, if he can change the shape of the whip thing...than..well...it just shows that even the best mangaka can run out of ideas:amuse

Well re-reading that chapter, he actually says he was "afraid". hmm just what is that about???

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
What whip thing? All he done is made his ring glow...really, that's all he's ever done.

And he was "afraid" of Lucy or something, I guess.

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 10:43 AM
What whip thing?

If you go and check chapter 48 on pg11 in the bottom right panel, his ring made some kind of whip in which he is using to pulverize phantom:amuse

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:58 AM
Right, I see that now, although, it's more like a laser, or his ring just glowed with power and he hit someone.

Helltroll
October 24, 2007, 07:48 AM
wow...that were some fine 3 hours...but now i'm finished with reading fairy tail.
so let's predict:
i think the next chapter will lead to the final confrotntation between natsu and gazille and we will see the makarov heading torwards the battlefield...maybe.

Nami
October 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
Chapter 60 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20385)is out at the RTS section!
Read it and discuss this current chapter or even predice Chapter 61 here! :)

Imperium
October 24, 2007, 09:52 AM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH :fangirl

*tires to calm down*

okay *breathes deep* now its jose fighting the erza that i thought was to injured to fight:o. Jose...what can i say..amazing, did you see his acrobatics and those eyes:luv (talk about loving the enemy:amuse)

and natsu, was it me or did he also have fire "wings" on the double page :blink

dandy65
October 25, 2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah it seems like fire wings...damn I can't wait for the fight between dragons and Erza+Jose

Helltroll
October 25, 2007, 03:38 PM
the fight between natsu and gazille will be very interesting because it is highly possible that this will lead into the activation of natsu's hidden power erza mentioned. i wonder what it will be...dragon transformation? XD

Imperium
October 26, 2007, 03:06 AM
But i really want to see the Erza and Jose fight. Amazingly Jose wiped out Gray and Elfman in one attack but Mirajane didnt seem to be hit that badly so she might just even join the fight if Erza cant finish it.

i wonder what it will be...dragon transformation? XD

I was kinda wondering the same thing then i re-read the chapter and in the double spread Natsu looks kinda like a Phoenix. He has the "wings" and Phoenix's are known to be connected with fire. So him transforming into a phoenix might be possible. But by the same argument it could also be a dragon, so we just have to wait and see. :)

Helltroll
October 26, 2007, 05:40 AM
lets brainstorm: what creature's are connected with fire:
dragon
phoenix
demons (hell=fire=stupid thought=forget what i mentioned?)

Nami
October 31, 2007, 11:35 AM
Woo...latest chapter 61 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20716) is now out here.
Discuss about it here, and predict away! :amuse

Helltroll
November 01, 2007, 05:45 AM
wow...what a nice chapter. nice fighting scenes and i predict even more amazing fightint int he enxt chapter. to bad we doesn't see erza's fight but it most likely that we will first see the defeat of gazille.

noonethere
November 01, 2007, 08:15 AM
Nice chapter. Maybe we will see a powered-up gazille against a powered-up natsu. I just hope that no one interferes in the fight. We might also see a glimpse of Makarov in the next chapter and Erza's fight or why not, even Lucy and Happy fighting against gazille's minions.

Light_Yagami
November 06, 2007, 05:20 PM
probably master makarov will help erza in the fight against lord phantom's master

DrunkDragon
November 07, 2007, 03:37 PM
Wow, what a great fight Natsu and Gazille are having! Lols on sagitaurus, that was pure win :D. I'm pretty sure Natsu is going to be all pist-off about the guild and gives Gazille a whooping he'll never forget.

Nami
November 08, 2007, 12:18 PM
Late!

But never mind, you can now check out the scans forchapter 62 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20716) at the RTS section.

Discuss about it here, and predict away! :amuse

juein72
November 14, 2007, 05:52 AM
when the chapter 63 is going to be released? can't wait

loh1991
November 14, 2007, 09:13 AM
Same here, i really want to see how Fairy Tail win against the phantom Lord
Maybe Natsu would come up with some new powers and won over Gazille :D
and maybe Makarov would wake up and fight with Jose

terrorei
November 15, 2007, 05:06 AM
I would also like to know if there is a chapter this week?

bax
November 15, 2007, 07:02 AM
The 63rd chapter is up courtesy to fxdm :)
Get your fix HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21471)!!

After reading, why not come down here and tell us what you think about the chapter, have a happy discussion guys :)

And yes, feel free to predit the 64th chapter as well ^^

Imperium
November 15, 2007, 07:18 AM
I would also like to know if there is a chapter this week?
Yes, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21471)

But on the same note, i also thought there wasnt going to be a chapter this week. The raw came out kinda late ;________________;

Imperium
November 15, 2007, 07:25 AM
Now for jose to show his worth:nuts. Well, since natsu beat gazile (there is no way in hell he is going to come back from that barage of punches:amuse) and by doing so brought down their guild. What will happen to those still inside like mirajane, gray, erza and elfman:o

DrunkDragon
November 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
This chapter was pure wins!!! Natsu was was badass once he ate some fire :D Sagitaurus was awesome as well being able to create flames from machinery. I'm pretty sure next chapter Jose will come out all pist about his guild and Erza defeated(TT^TT).

gdupninja
November 15, 2007, 06:58 PM
Great chapter! Natsu has now been promoted to a new level of gangsta! He kicked Gazelle's ass! Wonder whats happening to the others that were inside the guild before Natsu toke it down. We will probably see that next chapter.

DouVerdugo
November 15, 2007, 09:09 PM
Holy s***. Those double spreads were amazing!

Oh yeah. Natsu kicked ass. :) Now for Jose's time to shine and Makarov to appear.

kazamakj
November 16, 2007, 12:57 AM
Hahaha that means if Gazille fought against Natsu from the start the same thing would have happened. This was a seriously powered up and angry natsu. His flames do depend largely on the way he controls his emotions. Wonder if Gazille's steel is controlled that way as well. Maybe needed to be calmer and an unwavering will.

So now its the boss fight between Ezra and Jose. It should not take too long but i believe that Ezra even injured will put up a strong fight maybe even injuring Jose. After which she will be eliminated fast and this will prompt Mirajane to wake up and kick his butt. She used to be an S class mage so i believe its time for her revival.

loh1991
November 17, 2007, 09:10 AM
it is weird ... i just went to a local bookstore and browse through the latest weekly jump and found that it is a double chapter

Spoiler Warning

The next chapter will have Natsu and Lacy going on a "date"(lucy wishes) and the guild is somehow fine with everyone celebrating happily :)

Imperium
November 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
Maybe there should be a spoiler thread:p. Anyway, loh1991 next time try and use the spoiler tags (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler);)

So now its the boss fight between Ezra and Jose. It should not take too long but i believe that Ezra even injured will put up a strong fight maybe even injuring Jose. After which she will be eliminated fast and this is prompt Mirajane to wake up and kick his butt. She used to be an S class mage so i believe its time for her revival.
I agree, Its time for mirajane to stop hanging in the shadows and come out.:p. As for makarov, i for one dont want him to come until the fight is over, it would be really good to see fairy tail beat phantom lord without his help :)

Light_Yagami
November 19, 2007, 07:12 AM
no mira can't beat jose because he's one of the ten great holy mages

Nami
November 21, 2007, 11:01 AM
Chapter 64 is now out (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21770)!
You can discuss it here or predict the next one.
Oh, and yeah, please remember to use the spoiler tags if you are talkking about the current one. .

Have fun! :amuse

Imperium
November 22, 2007, 12:35 PM
:o
Makarov is back. Yosh, I take my words back. This is just amazing, cant wait for the next chapter:luv. Anyway what do people think is going to happen when they fight?

Helltroll
November 22, 2007, 02:54 PM
Not suprising,but still wonderful. And now lean abck and follow the show. this is the first time we will see some guild master battle!

noonethere
November 22, 2007, 04:10 PM
The incoming fight will be wonderful but i expect it to be interrupted by the council or the rest of the ten great mages. It's strange that till now no action had been taken b the council to stop a guild war.
Do you think Lucy will recover her other keys and if she does, do you think she will still be able to use them?(i kind of remembered Aquarius warning in the first chapter hence the question)

kazamakj
November 22, 2007, 11:44 PM
Maybe the council just decides that well its a guild war. Better to punish the winners than to intervene and get caught up the ruckus. Lucy will get her keys back and the cow and the crab will forgive her. Aquarius i am not sure but maybe Lucy might have to bribe her into doing so.

It will be a marvelously crazy fight between makarov and jose. Although i would say it should be an easy win for fairy tail because the levels for Fairy seems to be different when comparing them to phantom. I keep expecting Mirajane to wake up and kick arse but guess it just isn't happening.

On a side note: Hahaha seems like they were all young kids when they first joined fairy tail. Even Lupus was young. I do wonder if his power had some transformation ability too. His leopard skin covering which of course might be just his style.

Impel Down
November 23, 2007, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately, I could see Jose v. Makarov coming a mile away, but it's all right, it'll be an epic fight. Hopefully, the fight will explain Jose's magic more, and we'll get to see some better use of Makarov's Titan magic.

But it seemed weird, in this chapter, that Fairy Tail started with mostly the kiddy versions of the current big mages, and still became huge. Were they that influential even then?

And was Mist Gun the shy little emo kid who sat in the corner?

Darklight0303
November 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
Man that murderous glare Makarov had:blink I would not want to be on the receiving end of his rage Jose is gonna be pounded to dust , i mean Phantom is in ruins all thats left is Jose.

kazamakj
November 26, 2007, 07:50 PM
They probably just grew up in the guild. As this one huge family of mixed strangers than somehow learned to coexists.

They weren't that influential before though as jose mentioned. Just another low level guild with kids.

They didn't seem to get famous until Lupus, Mistgun , Ezra and Gildartz grew into power as S-class mages. (Although they did call Gildartz a geezer so i am guessing he must have been the oldest of that young generation.) They became famous because of their powers and a certain pink haired monkey wrecking everything in sight.

Although it seems that the two strongest guilds in the country but the country seems pretty small seeing that map. More like a district that a large country.

gdupninja
November 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
My dawg Makarov is about to lay the smackdown on Jose's candy ass! That gebronie is goin down. Can you smell what The guild master is cookin?
http://www.thewarstore.com/media/rock.jpg

Sorata
November 27, 2007, 05:40 PM
I was really hoping this outcome since the time Makarov opened his eyes, but this predictable action was still awsome. And you guys are waiting for an epic battle, but i donĀ“t think so, the great battle was already Natsu vs Gazille, Jose will get his ass kicked in the one chapter the max, like Elza said, in a fair fight Makarov would crush Jose, and that is whats going to happen:)

Nami
November 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
Wondering what's Chapter 65 going to be? You can check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22090) and discuss away now! Or even predict the next one.

Please remember to use the spoiler tags, if necessary . ;)

Have fun! :amuse

Impel Down
November 29, 2007, 09:01 AM
Great chapter! Makarov uses crazy-strong magic, plus he used a really blunt "Titan" and had that "God's Judgement"-like attack over the guild, plus that energy wave he used in the beginning. I still don't get why he didn't just smash Jose in the face instead of casting that huge magic.

And Mist-Gun showed up. Happy.

Imperium
November 29, 2007, 03:22 PM
Mist-gun is the epitome of kick-ass, his silent and mysterious demeanour just adds to that. He is the coolest thing since gear second:amuse. Just had to say that.

Anyway fairy tail is finally starting to lose its predictability; I really did not see what was coming. But i expect that this fight wont really last that long, since makarov seemed so confident. Anyway as for my prediction, jose will probably lose in the coming chapter or the next one (yea i know, not much of a prediction :amuse).

Helltroll
November 29, 2007, 05:09 PM
well..i think makarov will fight jose gaining the upperhand until he reveals his true magic abilities turning the page into his favor. then we will see some kick-ass action.

Imperium
December 01, 2007, 10:58 AM
Do you mean jose will reveal his abilities or makarov?

Impel Down
December 01, 2007, 12:59 PM
They've both shown what magic they use...Makarov's just using some kinda crazy new magic for this un-needed Fairy Law spell, and he knows ice, fire, and lightning magic too, I remember, but mainly Titan.

Jose's is just the ability to control "dead energy" which he can use in basic attacks, give off hateful auras, or make the energy the shape of a soldier that he can have fight for him.

Not much else to be revealed.

gdupninja
December 01, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah mistgun is cool no doubt about that, he went ahead and destroyed ALL of phantom lords sub guilds so that means after Markov beats Jose Phantom guild will be completely defeated. I wonder who that old lady really is. She keeps talking like shes not human or something.

Impel Down
December 02, 2007, 12:26 PM
She just hates humans, there's a lot of emo people like that in the world.

And yeah, Phantom Lord is pretty much done with, and the Magic Counsel will probably make sure it doesn't come up again.

gdupninja
December 02, 2007, 03:01 PM
But even after this Luxus is still an asshole for not even helping with anything, although I do wanna see his power. I wonder if he'll recieve an punishment from Markorov.

DragonX
December 03, 2007, 02:09 AM
Well so far Gildartz is the only one that haven't show him/herself yet, maybe he will appear and teach Luxus a lesson instead of Makarov, if the guild decide Luxus should be punish.

god_of_shawn
December 03, 2007, 01:46 PM
Omg...mistgun is so cool! He totally wiped out all of the phantom lords sub guilds and restored Markorov's magic. And now Markorov came out with some godlike power that come from the heavens. He is totally trashing Jose man....

The Phantom lords guild is sooooo dead. :)

gdupninja
December 03, 2007, 04:51 PM
Markorov is gangsta. Natsu is gangsta. Elfman is gangsta. Mist gun is gangsta. Erza is gangsta. I guess you can say Fairy Tail is gdup. Well anyway Jose igonna get his fanny spanked next chapter. The old mans gonna let him have it. Fairy tail totally embarrased their guild.

Impel Down
December 04, 2007, 02:43 PM
Seems to me that Makarov won't bring sweet, sweet Fairy Justice until the chapter after next, because he's got to do a bad-ass speech and show the power of Fairy Law or whatever.

And yes, they're all pretty gansta. And Erza is a MANLY MAN!

gdupninja
December 04, 2007, 03:58 PM
Erza lives up to her name as the Titana. Now wouldn't she and Natsu make a great couple?

Impel Down
December 04, 2007, 08:42 PM
NatsuxLucy, man. That's the only match-up I'm willing to accept, besides LokixEveryWomanInTheWorld.

But, even with all this bad-ass fighting between Makarov and Jose, part of me still wants Marijane to attack Jose and win.

hill_mie87
December 05, 2007, 10:56 AM
i doubt Luxus will be punished. It's quite against Markarov's principle to punish his fellow fairytail-ians.