PDA

View Full Version : Question Who would you revive?

warbandit66
October 23, 2007, 04:27 AM
I thought it would be interesting to discuss who you would revive from the gants memory bank (I'll even throw in anime exclusive characters).

You can pick absoloutly anyone that we've seen in the missions so far.

My choices are:

Masanobu Hojo: Proved to be a fairly compitant Gantz fighter and performed well even on his first mission.

Sadayo Suzumura: Showed some ability during the buddha mission/ stealth skills.

Sei Sakuraoka: Strong in martial arts and courageous.

Blondy (from the first mission): Enthusiastic about taking on the aliens/ first to figure out how to use the rifle.

Those two street fighters (from the buddha mission): Defeated buddha aliens with their bare hand completely unassisted by the suits.

Tougou Juuzou: Excellent marksman (possibly military)

Hajime Muroto (anime only): Although a psychotic killer is proficiant in the use of weaponry and with the suit.

Nozaki (anime only): Brave and chivalrous, almost an amalgamation of Katou and Kurono

GantzerVSNightmare
October 23, 2007, 05:00 AM
Hmm....
if i have to choose the ultimate gantzers it would be :

Juzo Tougo : the Best Sniper So Far , he's an excellent Skilled Shooter so he'll be very useful during the long range battles .

Shion Izumi : he's the Samurai of Gantz , who fights seriously and wants to improve his skills to become Gantz #1 Fighter , he adores gaining more points so when in competition with kurono he'll cause Rampage !!

Sei Sakuraoka : she's the Iron Woman , she's Lara Croft , she's the most skilled girl in Gantz !

Akitoshi Okazaki : the Military Man , he's a Psycho Maniac , who loves blowing aliens !

Hanaki Kyou : the Drug Boy , the Alien Hunter that was killed by Nurari after hiting him 5 times . the One and Only Maniac that deserves To be revived in the Osaka Team !

TheGenius
October 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
I have to pick 3:

Togo: For obvious reasons, he gives a distinct advantage to Gantzers, providing excellent defense/offense in dangerous situations.

Sei Sakuraoka: The only female in this serie that I actually like. proved to be an excellent aid, and I could see her leading the Gantz pack if no one is available!

Shion Izumi: Dangerous, psychotic, but deadly efficient. He's a ticking bomb that just need his bi-weekly dose of Gantz!

The rest..hmm, no to excited, I like the team now but I feel that if these three were here, it would add weight to the balance, thus making it stronger, better , faster.

Also I found kinda weird that after 3 replys, no one picked Kei! That is proably because he's coming back by himself.

Hollow Kurono
October 23, 2007, 11:35 AM
I would choose:

Masonabu:Shame he died,didnt deserve at the first place,is a good fighter realy knows how to use the suit and can lead the team well.

Sadoku:Amh i think was a good partner for Masanobu and would have done good damage probably like Reika and Sakuroaka.

Sakuroka Sei:Well i think she should comeback,realy strong,brave and smart,but the reason i dont want her to comeback is that she would be left by Kurono and i would feel bad for her.But she deserves another chance cause shes the strongest girl in Gantz.

Im done with the old players.

Shion Izumi:Well what can i say,is cool as Kurono but not as cool as Kurono,is a very smart fighter,would be a good sidekick for Kurono.

And far most.

Kurono Kei:Well personaly i think hes not dead but if he is ill say it,well the main character of the show,deserves another chance probably more then anyone.And will get it again so will Izumi.

Damn some part wants to revive Kishimoto but ammmmhhhhh,whateva.

Seta Soujirou
October 23, 2007, 01:28 PM
my first revival will kishimoto no doubt...haha i'm biased...

next i will revive kyou druggie, liked his cowboy style of riding the mono-bike and blazing everything in sight...

and lastly the dog...kishimoto's best pal...cheerz

GAT-X252
October 23, 2007, 02:29 PM
I would revive Kyo.

TheGenius
October 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
Yah...forgot about Kyou, he would have been fun too have....

GantzerVSNightmare
October 24, 2007, 04:27 AM
i forgot to mention the Judo guy in the Buddha mission , he's STRONG !!

TheGenius
October 24, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hum...he was reckless, I prefer Kaze....1 Martial Artist is enough!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
well he was old , but still he killed 5 aliens with ber hands !!

TheGenius
October 25, 2007, 12:15 AM
Really? I know he kicked some serious butts but I never knew that much....Anyways I'm rooting for Kaze for the fighter spot!!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 25, 2007, 04:52 AM
but kaze isn't dead lol ! how can you revive someone who's not dead ?!
you must revive somebody else !

Captain Marmoset
October 25, 2007, 10:34 AM
I'd revive Jesus.

Best. Gantzer. EVER!:p

TheGenius
October 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
Well my selection is made! There ain't really anyone else that i would revive, no one else had really what it took to make a sincere difference...

warbandit66
October 25, 2007, 10:45 AM
I forgot all about Kyou in my list. That martial artist in the buddha mission wasnt bad, if he had the sense to use the suit he would've kicked twice the amount of ass.

I would probably also consider reviveing the dad from the dinosaur mission, he took down a dinosaur with his bare hands, with only the thought of defending his wife and young son. If he were to be revived he would use that same motivation to gain enough points in order to revive his family

TheGenius
October 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
But is desperation a good motivation to make a good selection to revive a Gantzer?

warbandit66
October 25, 2007, 12:49 PM
Hmm... well I think that the love for his family would become strength and determination rather than simple desperation

Hollow Kurono
October 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
^His entire family is dead so whats the point reviving them,he died by killlin the dino anyway.

warbandit66
October 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
He died after being shot, and the fact that his family is dead would inspire him to get more points so that he could revive them

TheGenius
October 25, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well for my part I would not do it....No special skills, nothing in particular...Sad story(like 93% of people in the room) but nothing that hooked me to believe he'd be a good fighter.

Hollow Kurono
October 26, 2007, 04:21 AM
Reviving him would pointless,what would the mom and the son do,it will turn out like it was with Grandma and that crybaby,maybe he would be in use but they wouldnt,a waste of 200 points.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 03, 2007, 04:20 PM
Good Point Here !

i want to Revive Izumi :p

Hollow Kurono
November 03, 2007, 04:33 PM
^U dont know how bad i want to revive him and Kurono.

warbandit66
November 03, 2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think Izumi will be coming back, his body still remained after the vampire massacre outside the station, plus he had the classic death bed reformation, he's definately gone

TheGenius
November 03, 2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think Izumi will be coming back, his body still remained after the vampire massacre outside the station, plus he had the classic death bed reformation, he's definately gone

I think that if you appear once in the database, you can always come back....

warbandit66
November 03, 2007, 06:45 PM
I hope so because I want Izumi back

GantzerVSNightmare
November 04, 2007, 11:03 AM
i hope he can be revived before kurono !

Hollow Kurono
November 04, 2007, 12:00 PM
^He will be revived at the same time when Kurono will.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 04, 2007, 02:13 PM
^^ Good To hear that !
But i still want him revived before kurono :p

Hollow Kurono
November 05, 2007, 01:04 AM
^And whys that?

GantzerVSNightmare
November 06, 2007, 09:23 AM
Because if he and kurono were to be revived at the Same time , Kurono will be the Hero again , and izumi will remain in the shadow !

That's why i want izumi to be revived before Kurono , and be an emergancy Hiro ! :p

Hollow Kurono
November 06, 2007, 10:15 AM
Because if he and kurono were to be revived at the Same time , Kurono will be the Hero again , and izumi will remain in the shadow !

That's why i want izumi to be revived before Kurono , and be an emergancy Hiro ! :p

Well Kurono would come a lil later so he would make a cooler entrance.:notrust And if so they wont know who was revived sooner or later and i dont think Gantz cares who will be revived first.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 06, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hmm.... i didn't get what you said :

And if so they wont know who was revived sooner or later and i dont think Gantz cares who will be revived first.

Hollow Kurono
November 06, 2007, 01:26 PM
^I mmeant u want Izumi to be revived first...so im sayin they both aint gonna be revived in front of anyone and i was sayin in my opinion that Gantz is goin to be the one who revives Kurono and Izumi,so thats why i said that Gantz doesnt care,bro.

ssjasper2003
November 09, 2007, 10:53 AM
Masanobu Hojo- I agree I liked him & sadako. Even though him kei & katou started out the same it was fun to see him get called a homo by gantz. Plus he came around with sadako so he wouldnt want to die again.

Sadayo Suzumura - Same as masanobu & she isnt afraid to kill the aliens if it meant to protect/survive. Better than how/what kishimoto died/did, why did she just pull katou away?

Sei Sakuraoka - Best female gantzer yet, reika would get killed by her even without the suit.

Tougou Juuzou - The sniper right? He was great, I loved how he hid in the aliens brain.

Others id revive if they changed a bit.

The biker dad - Even though he was a punk he could be useful if he changed a bit.

Karate guy(american?) - He performed well until he got his head kicked off lol.

The yakuza guy in the suit - Fought till his death(again change a bit then id revive)

4 black guys from the dino mission but im not sure if theyd leave japan & mind being transferred.

bumbari19
November 09, 2007, 12:44 PM
i'd like to revive one of the tanaka-robots, they were too hilarious talking all that nonsense (kantaroooo!!!, LOL)

Hollow Kurono
November 09, 2007, 01:37 PM
^Oh damn,man that was so long ago.Brings back memories,lol.Oh and i want two more dudes to comeback,remeber those two in da budah mission,one was white other was black those two,i realy liked those guys,they got realy pumped up after watchin Kei fight and i think they could be good team players.

Chloe
January 31, 2008, 08:18 PM
Izumi.

kaliayev
January 31, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'd revive the first person to die in gantz then shoot him in the face and laugh. Or at least, that's what Nishi should do with his points.

The person I'd actually revive is the sniper, provided I can convince him to wear the suit. The man snipes half the aliens in the buddha mission then jumps down and tries to use the halberd on thousand arms. With a little gantzing experience, he'd definitely be better than the osakans.

TheGenius
January 31, 2008, 11:16 PM
Kali: you should check out Ultimate Gantz team (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13853&page=10) thread, everybody got their own theory!

Seta Soujirou
February 05, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'll revive Kishimoto and the druggie Kyou from Osaka...its a waste he is gone...pretty cool action on the bike...

Teardrop Jones
February 13, 2008, 08:57 PM
Kei, Izumi, Sei, Tougou, and Butter Dog for me.

Kurono is the man even though he was killed by those vampires after he forgot everything (damn them lol). Kishimoto can stay dead forever as far as I'm concerned. She's technically still alive anyway.

Izumi is the ultimate badass and I'm not sure if he'd be better off as a Gantzer, the main character of a Final Fantasy game or an Onimusha.

Sei is a hot Angelina Jolie lookalike who was a pretty damn good fighter, not to mention Kurono's first love. Is it just me, or is Sei like the female equivalent of Kato?

Tougou was the Gantz version of Golgo 13. Nuff said.

I love these guys. Oh yeah:

I'd bring back Butter Dog only because Hoi Hoi needs some company, pronto.

Hollow Kurono
February 15, 2008, 04:13 PM
Sei is a hot Angelina Jolie lookalike who was a pretty damn good fighter, not to mention Kurono's first love. Is it just me, or is Sei like the female equivalent of Kato?

Yes she is,she can get guys around her like Katou gets girls.Damn i miss Izumi and Kurono,damn it!I wish they could comeback and help to beat Nura,i think they would be a dif makers in it.

GAT-X252
February 15, 2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, Kurono with his Survival Skills can defeat anything.

kaliayev
March 02, 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm gonna add freshy fresh to the list of people I'd revive.

warbandit66
March 04, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think that Sakata should be allowed to rest now.

xi0
March 07, 2008, 11:19 PM
I'm gonna add freshy fresh to the list of people I'd revive.

Who? :oh

kaliayev
March 08, 2008, 02:07 AM
when nishi brings up the dead list after the first mission, one of the nicknames is "freshy fresh." i've always wanted oku to show who he considers a "freshy fresh" and whether or not the guy would have been decent with a suit.

xi0
March 08, 2008, 04:05 AM
when nishi brings up the dead list after the first mission, one of the nicknames is "freshy fresh." i've always wanted oku to show who he considers a "freshy fresh" and whether or not the guy would have been decent with a suit.

Ah, I see the page now...:D

Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell that means.

http://img171.imagevenue.com/loc824/th_67064_GANTZ02_181_122_824lo.JPG (http://img171.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67064_GANTZ02_181_122_824lo.JPG)

The raw says "さわやか" or "sawayaka" which is defined as "fresh; refreshing; invigorating; clear; fluent; eloquent;"

Usually Gantz gives nicknames in a joking way, so I'm guessing the person may have been smelly, or a hobo.

GAT-X252
March 08, 2008, 07:50 AM
:o

Xi0 were did you found the RAW of that chapter!

¿can you tell me the website, please?

xi0
March 09, 2008, 01:40 AM
:o

Xi0 were did you found the RAW of that chapter!

¿can you tell me the website, please?

Well I have all the raws myself, but you can find it on IRC on #lurk @ irc.irchighway.net

Search the packlists at http://www.gotlurk.net

You can obviously find them on Share and WinNY as well.

georgemarvin
June 08, 2008, 12:49 AM
To keep Gantz interesting to read, Kei, Kishimoto and Sei would be at the top of my revival list. The series isn't about the best fighters having a tournament. It's about scared humans who have no idea what's going on being forced to fight powerful aliens, and it's about the people who have to live that sort of life.
Having all four of Kei's love interests alive at the same time might make things more dangerous for him at home than during the missions. :)
In terms of living up to the "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", Sei would be a force to be reckoned with. After all, she almost took out the main boss at the temple by herself. And Kei did promise that he would love her if she could save him.
Seriously, I would like to see Katou and Kishimoto move into an apartment with Katou's little brother and just fade away. But happy endings aren't in the cards for this series.
Izumi would be a "lone wolf", not a team player. He's universally hated, so I doubt if he'll ever be brought back. All of the current Gantz team would rather bring back the dog than that arrogant jerk.
Host Samurai is stronger and also has more knowledge about the enemy. He can even speak their language. (he talked to one of the bosses in the "common language" a few issues ago) HS was confident enough to go into Gantz' room, and able to hold the entire current team at bay, until he tried killing Gantz and figured out that he couldn't. He's a stone cold killer who is a formidable ally, if he can be convinced to work with the Gantz team. Remember that he thought they were fighting him because they wanted to, not because they had to. They might forge a truce.
Everybody assumes Nishi wants to go home. What if he wants to revive somebody? He's not exactly forthcoming about his motives. He once said he had been in Gantz for a year; he had probably survived at least 30 hunts. He may have gotten the 100 points several times, and used them to revive people. Or he may have just taken a few low-end kills while in stealth mode each time and never even tried to take out a boss.
By the way, everyone assumes that Oka has been in Gantz a long time because he's accumulated 700 points. Not necessarily. If he gets the high-end kills every time, he could have been there less time than some of the people who have only accumulated a couple of hundred points.

TheGenius
June 08, 2008, 04:12 PM
You like to create madness! Hahaha, Kei in the corner with Tae, Kishi and Sei = sweating bullets! I'd revive Sei just because she's kick ass, and she brings something to the bad female representation.

I forgot the source, but Oku said that he didn't like the Izumi character, and that is why he killed him off. So if the mangaka does not like a character....he's fried.

About Oka, well the general way that the Osaka's natives talk about Oka makes him look like an experience fighter. This is pure guessing, but he might have accumulated 700 in 3 years? If we follow your "high-3nd alien" theory, it must be doable.

Vancyer
June 08, 2008, 10:07 PM
i think izumi is more or less finished.. he might come back but it wont be for long if he does... maybe to settle thyinkgs with kurono. and possibly to just smooth things out and leave on a high note

georgemarvin
June 14, 2008, 12:38 AM
I agree, TheGenius, Sei was the only really bada$$ female that this series has had. With a little experience, she could take on some of the bosses by herself. She nearly got one on her first mission, something that Kei or Katou couldn't do. Plus, she's smokin' hot!!!

Kishimoto and Tae aren't fighters at all. Reika is just a little cheesecake for the teenagers. All fluff and no substance. Sei could be a force to be reckoned with. And she is the only girl that has a real chance of taking Kei from Tae. I would REALLY like to see her back. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like she'll ever come back unless Kei comes back and gets really mad points. After all, he brought back Nishi and went home with 200 points last time. And nobody else knows how kick-a$$ of a fighter or lover she is.

GothHearth
June 16, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hmmm.. Mine Would Be : Shion Izumi , Kei Kurono , Hoi Hoi And Sei !

TheGenius
June 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
Hoi is not dead.

Mr.Aaron
June 17, 2008, 03:53 PM
I don't know... The Bhuda players were my favorites.

Well, most of them.

[Is waiting for the day that someone wishes to revive fat gun otaku.]

GothHearth
June 20, 2008, 10:00 PM
Hoi is not dead.

Hoi Hoi Is Dead ... Because Most Animals Who Enter The Game Usually Die When Wandering Around And Eventually Leaving The Selected Location And Have Their Heads Blown Up . So Choose One Of These Choices !! ;)

TheGenius
June 20, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hoi Hoi Is Dead ... Because Most Animals Who Enter The Game Usually Die When Wandering Around And Eventually Leaving The Selected Location And Have Their Heads Blown Up . So Choose One Of These Choices !! ;)

Well see at the room, in the Dino mission he made it!

GothHearth
June 21, 2008, 12:32 AM
So , She Didn't Get 100 Points And Is Not With The Gantz Team Right Now .... Where Is She ?

TheGenius
June 21, 2008, 01:03 AM
So , She Didn't Get 100 Points And Is Not With The Gantz Team Right Now .... Where Is She ?

Doing something very important... only God knows, maybe she'll kill Nura?

GothHearth
June 22, 2008, 12:32 AM
Doing something very important... only God knows, maybe she'll kill Nura?

Gahaha That Would Be Hilarious ... But She's Dead Meat !! ^^

Mr.Aaron
July 01, 2008, 01:59 AM
Okay, Okay. Here is my list.

1. George - He killed Kitsune. It was kick ass.

2. Kyou - He was also kickass. Using Gantz's regeneration to put as many drugs in his body, before it was fixed by Gantz. I love it.

3. Masanoubu - His character's personality was pretty chill.

4. Sadako - Becuase shes is my type. Accept for the whole stalker thing.

5. Blondie - He just seemed cool. Too bad he died such a lame death. =/

6. Tet-chan - He needs to take care of his baby. His mom is fucked up. Plus I agree that he could be useful.

7. Sakuraoka - She was my favorite female, probably.

8. Izumi - Cause I kinda miss him now. :'[

9. Sakata - Cherry needs him. >o< Uhm, but if he didn't want to be alive, I'd kill him out of... mercy? >.>;;

Thats all.

GAT-X252
July 01, 2008, 11:10 AM
6. Tet-chan - He needs to take care of his baby. His mom is fucked up. Plus I agree that he could be useful.

He is also fucked up...in the anime he was somehow nicer, but in the manga he was a bastard.

Mr.Aaron
July 01, 2008, 05:10 PM
He is also fucked up...in the anime he was somehow nicer, but in the manga he was a bastard.

True. I liked him in the anime better, ironically.

I usually like the bastards more...

Wonder what made the difference.

Hellas Spectrum
July 15, 2008, 05:57 AM

thats because hoi hoi was dry humping Izumi now that Izumi is dead...hoi hoi is pretty much fucked as he has nobody to protect him nor does hoi hoi understand whats going on lol

georgemarvin
August 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
I don't know about the animals not knowing what's going on. It looked like Butter Dog understood Gantz; look at him after the missions when he looks at the screen then looks really bummed out when he sees the score.

I still say that it would be interesting if Kishimoto and Sei were rezzed; Kei would have 4 females to deal with. It's fun for a few days, but then it gets really messy. Look back a few posts and you can see what I think the likely outcome would be.

TheGenius
August 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
I read this while back!

Funny situation, could be a gaiden! Which I hope there will be plenty when the series end.

I simple think strategy though, Togo was a heavy-weight and a strategist, loved him. Sei was just too cool to be true, love that kind of chick. Hiroya really shaped her like Lara.

Can animals can be revived? Yes, butter dog was on the list.

MissingLimb
August 27, 2008, 06:56 PM
[Is waiting for the day that someone wishes to revive fat gun otaku.]

Fat gun Otaku?!?!?

You mean this fat gun otaku:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/pjackson624/otaku.jpg

Definitely.
I'd revive him.

BTW: I just realized that, ironically, the Buddhist Temple had the best first timers of any Gantz team so far.

georgemarvin
August 27, 2008, 08:03 PM
yeah, Buddhist Temple had three really good first timers, but none of them made it. Sei, especially, had mad skills; she was the only female character the series ever had who would have been a real asset to the team.

Fat gun was ok, but the military sniper was definitely worth keeping. The karate guy killed several of them without a suit, too.

MissingLimb
August 27, 2008, 10:20 PM
No. I'm sorry George. Fat gun wasn't just OK.
He's the reason I bother waking up every morning.

kaliayev
August 27, 2008, 10:31 PM
fat gun otaku would have complemented nishi's tactics better than anyone.

now that i think about it, i'm taking the sniper off my list. most of sniper's skills can be reproduced by others thanks to the lock-on feature. while he was badass due to his military training (i doubt anyone else would think to hide inside an alien's body in order to set up a surprise attack), i'd rather have kudou (guy formerly known as nerdo). he was probably the most inquisitive person to enter tokyo's gantz (sides nishi i guess, but kudou had to be more tech savvy). had he survived, he may have been able to integrate other technologies and discover more equipment features than the others.

TheGenius
August 28, 2008, 04:43 PM
fat gun otaku would have complemented nishi's tactics better than anyone.

now that i think about it, i'm taking the sniper off my list. most of sniper's skills can be reproduced by others thanks to the lock-on feature. while he was badass due to his military training (i doubt anyone else would think to hide inside an alien's body in order to set up a surprise attack), i'd rather have kudou (guy formerly known as nerdo). he was probably the most inquisitive person to enter tokyo's gantz (sides nishi i guess, but kudou had to be more tech savvy). had he survived, he may have been able to integrate other technologies and discover more equipment features than the others.

I think it was his first mission Kalia. So he could not possibly bring in new toys, he didn't knew how they worked, Druggy had to explain to him.
Also, anybody can shoot from far, but not anyone knows how what to shoot. Togo provided massive defense because he "knew" what was a threat and what wasn't. That is a major plus than experience gives you.

One Pointer
August 28, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping they didn't introduce Oka Hachirou just to kill him off right away.

That said, the karate guy and sniper from Budda mission were great for their inexperience, Cherry is boring without Sakata, and a part of me is hoping in vain that Nishi will revive Izumi to strengthen the team and "Show the world the world how superior Japan is." in his own words.

kaliayev
August 28, 2008, 05:30 PM
I think it was his first mission Kalia. Druggy had to explain to him.

i wasn't talking about nerdo from osaka. i was talking about the nerd whose brain got eaten by thousand arms.

TheGenius
August 28, 2008, 05:36 PM
i wasn't talking about nerdo from osaka. i was talking about the nerd whose brain got eaten by thousand arms.

Ohh, the professor, isn't he only a teacher? Don't look too smart to me, making a deal with the enemy.

staytough
August 28, 2008, 05:41 PM
I would revive:

1. Izumi - I'm sure HoiHoi will do that for me and then we will see the awesome 'HoiHoi&Izumi Team'

2. Kyou - first drug addict in mangas I ever read of... he should have had a main role in gantz

3. Oka - he should just be revived so he can show us his (maybe overrated) skills and not die in the same lame way again...

4. The two guys from the Buddha Mission seemed like characters with great potential after I read this arc and after the osaka arc I thought that if the whole team wouldn't have died Kei would have become someone like Oka and this two like Geaorge and Knob... but that's just a good old meaningless 'what if'

kaliayev
August 29, 2008, 01:53 AM
Ohh, the professor, isn't he only a teacher? Don't look too smart to me, making a deal with the enemy.

what was he gonna do? his body was in pieces and his brain was popping out. was he supposed to somehow survive and think, "please don't eat my brain," hoping that thousand arms would take pity on him (if anything, the fact that thousand arms chose his brain was probably a compliment)? he was the first person, after nishi, to try using the cloak function on the radar. no one bothered to tell him how it worked, but he figured it out (yes, i know the rapists also figured it out but they were still dumb). when everyone else was acting moronic, he pointed out that two aliens were standing right in front of them. he adapted to the equipment and technology faster than anyone else, and he was one of few to believe katou's crappy explanation of gantz thanks to the extraordinary situation he was in. hell, he was the only person, besides izumi, who even tried to open the bike room. he was a breath of fresh air to the team that's usually lacking in the intelligence department. i'd definitely take him over the karate guy (omg, this guy had a thicker skull than anybody). while the sniper was awesome, he loses out to kudou.

*KEIchan*
August 29, 2008, 05:49 AM
Hi :)

revive?

Kurono & Izumi.

igotthegoods
August 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
welcome to MH, *KEIchan* ^^

as a general reminder to everyone, please remember to post your reasoning for why you want to revive certain characters. any further posts without reasons may find themselves deleted.

georgemarvin
August 31, 2008, 12:52 PM
I still think that it would be a lot of fun if Kishimoto and Sei were revived. With Tae and Reika already in the picture, Kei has to deal with FOUR love interests at the same time. :)

Seriously, Sei would be my #1 choice. She's smart, brave, strong. The only really powerful female character in the series. She likes Kei, and unlike Reika, she actually has a chance of stealing him from Tae. Plus, Kei owes her. She's his first. She saved his life. She's hotter than a three dollar pistol.

The only way I would want to revive Izumi would be if it was the Izumi who left when he got 100 points, before he lost his memories, not the one who came back to Gantz after the massacre.

It might be fun if Nishi introduces a new character by bringing back somebody from before Kei and Kurono entered the room. I'm sure there would be some interesting plot twists there. Since it looks like Nishi will probably get past 100 points next mission, we'll get to see what he'll do pretty soon. We know he doesn't want to go home, and he wants to get 100 points pretty badly, but we don't know whether he wants a new weapon or if he wants to revive somebody.

Now that Kei is back, the rest of them are RIP. Fat gun, sniper and karate guy from the Buddha mission were good players, but nobody will rez them.

Masterchief
September 01, 2008, 01:14 AM
I would revive kyo simply because im interested in the laptop thing, if I were truly in gantz it would make things alot easier simply because you know the level of the alien your hunting.

My second choice would be oka again for personal safety, kind of like what kuwa said if there are tough aliens ill just leave em to oka, and if he fails im screwed.

Third choice I would revive izumi despite all I said about him in the izumi thread his character does seem interesting.

102jayday
September 03, 2008, 07:38 AM
i just thought of something..
if kei kishimoto comes back, anzu will too.. katou will chose anzu. tae and reika will die and kei ends up with female kei 0.o

georgemarvin
September 03, 2008, 06:21 PM
Kei and Tae are forever. Maybe Kei 2 gets Reika or Kishimoto, if Kei survived HS's attack. If the original Kei is dead, the only female in the whole series who had a chance at taking him away from Tae was Sei. The others are just too weak. They don't have the tenacity. I would hate for Tae to die; she is a great character. She's my second favorite female. Sei is still my favorite, even after all this time. I had high hopes that Kei would bring her back when he decided to bring Nishi back. But with Tae in his life, another female would just be a lot of headaches. And he's the only one who knows Sei well enough to think about bringing her back.

Unholy
September 03, 2008, 08:19 PM
Sei was cool but she is never comming back, the only chance she ever had was after the oni mission and kei choose nishi, whoever i can see kishimoto comming back to the room, either by katou bringing her but or the original finally dieing and getting to the room.If i were to bring someone back taking only their abilitys into account izumi and the sniper from budhha mission would be ur best bet, izumi is the kind of lone wolf that only cares about the mission u cant count on his help but he sure is gonna take down some powerfull aliens as long as u dont get in his was u are fine, the sniper is the best pick he was following katous orders on the buddha mission and he saved the others a few times plus he killed alot of the aliens, someone that listens to u and actually helps the team mates when they are in trouble is definetily a reliable guy.

MissingLimb
September 04, 2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry George, but I just can't see Tomb Rai... ehem... I mean Sei coming back unless they revive Indiana Jones, Johnny Quest, and the Venture Bros. She was a cool character, but unless she gets a new outfit she'll be gone forever.

RuinX
September 06, 2008, 12:17 AM
I definately would like to have Oku and George revived, they were simply kickass. Except I expected more of a overhyped character like Oku against Nury, but he did suffice. Showing some cool moves with his super suit did satisify a lot of people, and how George took out that monster by cutting his head off in a pinch was great. I also hope that Sei gets revived because she was identical to Lara Croft. She was also perfect for Kurono and the fact that she was skilled in fighting sort of like Kaze, but the fact that she had the potential to surpass Kurono in acts of survivability, power, intellgience, and etc... We didn't see enough of those three characters and I ALSO would like to see the sniper from the buddah mission revived IF possible. He was smart in my opinion and if that buddah alien didn't have laser pew pew skills he probably could of manhandled that alien by himself without Kato.

Kozar927
September 08, 2008, 07:50 PM
I would like to see the sniper from the Buddah mission come back, but it wont happen.

Masterchief
September 08, 2008, 09:10 PM
I r change my mind i would revive hojo if that is how you spell his name cuz he was badass and yea the sniper was too he got like 15 points that mission.(srry for spelling im in the middle of a halo match)

georgemarvin
September 08, 2008, 10:16 PM
LOL sniper guy was great until he decided to go mano-a-mano against an unknown opponent with superior strength and possibly unknown weapons. That was beyond stupid for a veteran soldier or hunter. He just simply wasn't smart enough to survive. Nishi is a much better stealth/sniper type player than that idiot.

When the roof got too "hot", he should have changed to another location and begun sniping again, rather trying than close combat.

That was about the least believable character in the history of the manga for one reason: Most militaries won't train somebody that stupid to be a sniper in the first place.

For that matter, forget about the people who live to hunt. Most Sunday deer hunters wouldn't drop their gun, leave the deer stand and stalk a deer with their bowie knife. If they were sent to a Gantz room, they would still use the same hunting tactics that are always successful against anything from deer to bear, from a pack of wolves to an elephant. Don't get too close, stay downwind, use cover, take the high ground, don't back the quarry into a corner because even a rabbit will fight if it has no other choice.

In other words, that sniper guy forgot everything that even a little 10 year old kid around here would know.

Masterchief
September 08, 2008, 10:43 PM
he was military seriously, i thought he was just smart omg if he was military that changes things. but hojo was still badass, he also helped katou which is a +

georgemarvin
September 08, 2008, 11:24 PM
He was using military tactics; he just seemed like military. But not a 1st class military; he was like somebody with military training but who had never actually used any of it in combat. Maybe from a country that had an army and had trained him as part of an elite unit, but never had any wars and only minimal war games in the training, so he had absolutely no practical experience. And it would be a country that didn't have a lot of wild areas for him to get any experience from hunting. That would explain him doing something really professional one minute and acting like an idiot the next.

ANBU4U
September 09, 2008, 12:00 AM
Sei

She was the only female in the series who was worth a damn
The HOTTEST by far...not even kinda close.
She was Kei's first
She sacrificed herself FOR Kei
She can great rid of those two hyper-annoying, hyper-useless women weighing Kei down.

Oh and did I mention shes actually an ASSET to the team?

I can't think of anyone better to revive....not with Hoi Hoi reviving Izumi anyway...which she will.

I was absolutely heartbroken when Kei chose to revive Nishi...If this series ends without Sei being revived I'll always feel just a bit regretful.

EDIT::

What on earth happened to my post count???

regarding post count, please see this announcement (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=131&a=56)

Damn it all.........I was one post away from my 1000th......I had been looking forward to that for years....

No offense but.....this fucking sucks....

Oh well.

Quetz
September 09, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sei for sure, followed by the karate dude from the thousand arms mission. Sniper guy maybe, assuming he came back with knowledge of how he was owned.

If sei is back before the end, then this manga will have surpassed any and all of my expectations.

InstandLunch
September 13, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'd take the incredibly powerful weapon over a revival, thank you very much.

JediKnight
March 05, 2009, 10:38 AM
I hate to admit it, I would revive Izumi for strength and knowledge.
Akira also, I would revive, he knows about the vampires. Sakata he was
powerful member. Sei I would revive, she was a kickass female and hot.

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 10:42 AM
i would revived izume to becuz he waz the strongest bside kei and he waz stelath like nesih:p

digitaldude
March 05, 2009, 04:17 PM
Izumi-Because he rocks! and we need an antagonist like character in gantz(okay we got nishi, but I think izumi is more evil)

lara croft-shes hawt and she can fight.

martial artist from buddah mission-powerful even without the suit only reason he died was because he got cocky(he beat the weak aliens and was like hey I can do this. the stronger aliens only killed him because he did not have a suit on.

The most famous minor character ever tougou(sniper)- I would revive him for obvious reasons and he is not an idiot he hid in an aliens corpse and stabbed 1000 arms, then he dodged the lasers and nearly chocked 1000 arms if he had the suit he would snap it`s neck easy.

xi0
March 05, 2009, 08:56 PM
I don't think Akira could be revived since he wasn't killed during a Gantz mission. Tae was never a Gantzer but she was killed in a mission, unlike Akira.

I think Oka is powerful, but he seemed pretty shallow and unmotivated. Izumi or Sei would probably the best choices for revival IMO.

Renan
March 05, 2009, 09:26 PM
I don't think Akira could be revived since he wasn't killed during a Gantz mission. Tae was never a Gantzer but she was killed in a mission, unlike Akira.

I think Oka is powerful, but he seemed pretty shallow and unmotivated. Izumi or Sei would probably the best choices for revival IMO.

That what upsets me to no end. Akira had so much potential and it was just wasted. I hope the next chapter is something completely different that shows the fight between Akira and Host Samurai.

xi0
March 05, 2009, 09:43 PM
Oka seems shallow, because he really did not get enough character development in the story. He seems unmotivated, because he was becoming bored with the unchallenging missions. :p

I think, Oka is the best choice for revival.

No...I'd say he was pretty challenged with the Nurarihyon mission IMO.

Oka seemed shallow because he got bored fighting the Nurarihyon because he realized he was overmatched using his methods.

And even if he was revived, he'd still be a member of the Osakan team and not the Tokyo team...so would he get any face time either way? I doubt it.

That what upsets me to no end. Akira had so much potential and it was just wasted. I hope the next chapter is something completely different that shows the fight between Akira and Host Samurai.

I'm interested, what potential did you see in Akira?

I think because Akira became a vampire that it would have been interesting if he lived long enough to become Kurono's enemy, but he was loyal to his brother until the end...it's why he was killed.

I doubt they would do a complete focus-shifting flashback as to show the fight between Akira and HS. It was probably more like a murder.