PDA

View Full Version : Filler of Filler?? Is that Possible??

Ulquiorra
May 17, 2006, 05:03 PM
Does anyone watch Bleach filler? IMO its better than Naruto filler, and I think the writers are doing a good job.

However I just watched episode 80, and was not pleased :mad

Was it just me? Or did it feel like you were watching filler of filler?? And if yes, does this concept have a name??

But hey, maybe its just me, and the exam stress is getting to me, and I expected a little too much from my Bleach revision break.....

In fact no! Episode 80 was just plain bad and wrong :rant

And to top it off there wont be an episode next week...I dont know if that is a good or bad thing

Episode 80 - Filler of filler? what are your thoughts?

I'm going back to revision

**sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldn't find where Bleach anime discussions went**

Predator
May 17, 2006, 05:28 PM
Well, you're right that right now we don't have a seperate section for Bleach Anime and for now it will remain so.

Answering your question. The whole season you're considering a filler is in fact a sidestory. It lasts for a long time and basicaly does the same thing as filler. The difference is that sidesotories have a well developed plot, they're longer and they create temporary canons.
Also, if you have seen it ... sidestory is allowed to hint on the main storyline. In this episode we saw, how Keigo greeted the afro-haired Shinigami. That's a hint, as we know that Keigo will be a witness of a fight later on.

Speaking of "Filler in filler", I wouldn't woryy about that. That's the resetting of suspense. We had a dense story the last three episodes, so a comic episode was put in to ease up you minds. Laughing never hurts after all.

phenomnaruto
May 17, 2006, 05:37 PM
i believe the term is "Filler Squared"

YozoraVII
May 18, 2006, 03:00 AM
If you express it as a function, it could be done by composition:

Let f = filler (function)

f(x) = shitty_filler + x

f(f(x)) = shitty_filler + (shitty_filler + x)

Let x = shitty_filler

f(f(shitty_filler)) = shitty_filler + (shitty_filler + shitty_filler)

or

f(f(shitty_filler)) = 3(shitty_filler)

You see, there is a compound effect.

If we graph that:

++++++X++++++
+++++X|X+++++
+++XX+|+XX+++
++X++X|+X+X++
———X——+———X——
++++X+|+X+X++
++++X+|X+X+++
+++++XX++++++
++++++|++++++

ryderdm3
May 18, 2006, 03:03 AM
I'm quite surprised they've managed to get a good filler going. Hopefully the bleach one won't last forever like the Naruto one has. Unfortunately it seems like they're going to have to in order to give the manga any chance to get ahead.

Remus
May 19, 2006, 09:39 AM
Well at least they dont suck as bad as the Naruto ones do. This Bounto thingy is quite interesting but as we all read the manga we dun really care. But you know the japanese are funny nation. The fillers are more wanted than the actual story eps. I somehow come to thing that they have their own world. Like I'd wait 3 days in front of a store door to buy a PS2. ~_~

Sry for OT but it just came to my mind

Leen
May 20, 2006, 07:46 AM
Filler within a filler. Not too bad nonetheless. At least, it is still better than Naruto's. Rukia got owned by chappy rabbits. :kukuku

Never mind about that. I think that this filler is here because the team might have pushed the fillers too early on so even after the bontou arc is over, they still have too much time before catching up with manga. So, I suppose this filler within a filler does serve its purpose.

_ATMA
May 20, 2006, 01:06 PM
it was a filler comedy releif ep

Dragonzair
May 21, 2006, 01:21 AM
I loved it! :nuts

I liked it more than the other recent episodes. XD I'm always up for laughs. :amuse Also, we got to see the mo souls interact a bit more. I was hoping for that. ^_^ It wou7ld be a waste to see neww characters just kept to the sides like that.

And yes. It was a filler of filler. ^_^

juUnior
December 29, 2006, 12:49 PM
hehe I'm also with that 80 episode was one way of laugh, thats all xD If someone like serious stuff, it was really filler fo the filler, but if you look at how funny it was, it was one of the best .. for me xDxD