PDA

View Full Version : The Society for the Study of Swedish.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Agrias
November 06, 2007, 01:18 PM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2203/figura1cn6.jpg

Hiii.

I never thought i´d have an "ask me" thread. I´m not that interesting, nor popular (but Bax had nothing better to do, so he spent his time trying to convince me to make one. So here it is. :p )

In case you don´t know (and you probably don´t), I´m Agrias, mod of the Naruto Theater & Arcade section (i´ve been promoted now! #D). I was promoted to mod status when Bax and GK discovered that I had nothing better to do than to post urls to the latest Naruto episodes around - even when they´re crappy, oh yeah. #D

I´m out of ideas of what to say here, as I´m not really good on introductions. So..bah, just ask me anything if you wish. ;p

(Sasusaku fanart by Samurai-pet (http://samurai-pet.deviantart.com/art/Black-Mamba-57391278), Agrias by squareenix. #D)

Gold Knight
November 06, 2007, 01:21 PM
First post! And I beg to differ, you're interesting :love

Why do you like Naruto?

EDIT: Hilarious pic, by the way :XD

Agrias
November 06, 2007, 01:28 PM
First post! And I beg to differ, you're interesting :love

Why do you like Naruto?

EDIT: Hilarious pic, by the way :XD

Naruto? I hate him. I just love Sasuke. And Uchihas in general. #D

Ok, I don´t really know why I like Naruto. It´s a very chiche shounen series, but it managed to make me watch anime/read manga again, after a break of 5 years. So I guess it turned out to be special to me...and of course, i love those cheesy love and friendship stories. #D

bax
November 06, 2007, 01:31 PM
Say Dani-chan...

Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that :p

Ayle
November 06, 2007, 01:41 PM
Do you like FFs?

Gold Knight
November 06, 2007, 02:05 PM
Say Dani-chan...

Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that :p

Actually, I know plenty of female architects ^^
[hr]

Ok, I don´t really know why I like Naruto. It´s a very chiche shounen series, but it managed to make me watch anime/read manga again, after a break of 5 years. So I guess it turned out to be special to me...and of course, i love those cheesy love and friendship stories. #D

What did you watch before Naruto, and why did you take a 5-year break?

And what about Sasuke x Sakura appeals to you ( I'm sure this is the question you want to be asked :amuse )

ornis
November 06, 2007, 02:28 PM
Agrias builds.... what exactly? What got you interested in architecture, Agrias?

Agrias
November 06, 2007, 07:11 PM
Say Dani-chan...

Agrias builds.... what exactly? What got you interested in architecture, Agrias?

Actually, I know plenty of female architects ^^
<hr noshade size="1">

By the end of the next year, i´ll be the newest architect around. ^__^
The constant visits to the construction sites are obligatory one year before graduation...and let´s say that it sucks to be a girl in a construction site, hehe...the workers are such pervs >(

What did you watch before Naruto, and why did you take a 5-year break?
5 years ago, I moved from Rio de Janeiro to Fortaleza, and I lost contact with almost all of my friends...5 years ago, it wasn´t easy to download entire series in a couple of hours here in Brazil, so we used to trade cds with episodes and buy some series together. When I got here, I had no friends - and no one to trade episodes with, or just chat :/ So I lost the will to watch new series...the studies, college entrance exams and moving took almost all my time :p

But then high speed internet was born. :hearts

Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p

And what about Sasuke x Sakura appeals to you ( I'm sure this is the question you want to be asked :amuse )
They are the perfect pairing. She´s caring, and he needs care - Sasuke only needs to acknowledge that. I think he already did, he´s just waiting to finish his things with Itachi before producing pink haired Uchihas. #D

(but it looks like Kishimoto is going to deceive me ¬¬)

Do you like FFs?

Love them. FFTactics and FF6 are my favourites. As you can see, I´m a FFT freak. The title of this thread is derived from a famous quote by Delita, in the beggining of the game #D

Bad thing is that I still didn´t had time to play FFX and FFXII...college is killing me.

Ah, please correct me everytime you see an english mistake. I won´t be angry, I promise. My english is really rusty -_-

ornis
November 06, 2007, 07:49 PM
By the end of the next year, i´ll be the newest architect around. ^__^
The constant visits to the construction sites are obligatory one year before graduation...and let´s say that it sucks to be a girl in a construction site, hehe...the workers are such pervs >(

Oh, I bet that sucks.

Are any of them, uh, fit to you? You know, any "lookers?" Can't just leave this one-sided, they probably just think you're hot.

Of course, that warrants respect; I wouldn't drive away the attraction if I really care about it. Even then, if a girl I'm into "gets me," hey, perviness is hardly thrown out the window :XD

What are your thoughts on any of the constructors? I may be asking much for a well-mannered looker or maybe not. I don't know who's there. Save for the pervs :amuse

Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p

OOh, ooh! What's your favorite Miyazaki work :wtf

Do you like Ghost in the Shell? Why? Why not?

What's better music wise: Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop? If you haven't heard of them, I'm afraid I have no links. I get a lot of my anime exposure through Adult Swim or something from William Street Studios (a Cartoon Network animation department (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Street)).

Agrias
November 06, 2007, 08:25 PM
Oh, I bet that sucks.

Are any of them, uh, fit to you? You know, any "lookers?" Can't just leave this one-sided, they probably just think you're hot.

Of course, that warrants respect; I wouldn't drive away the attraction if I really care about it. Even then, if a girl I'm into "gets me," hey, perviness is hardly thrown out the window :XD

What are your thoughts on any of the constructors? I may be asking much for a well-mannered looker or maybe not. I don't know who's there. Save for the pervs :amuse

The workers are old, sweaty, ugly, smelly and most of them are bad mannered as well. #D So, to their standarts, any person with boobs is hot. ^^;
Some rare respectful ones are really kind and are always helping me out, I´m glad they exist ;p
The engineering students and the engineers themselves are younger and not so bad, but they´re pervy too. I know when they´re looking ¬¬

And no, i´d never be attracted by any of those, never ^^;;;

OOh, ooh! What's your favorite Miyazaki work :wtf
I´m torn between Laputa, Nausicaa and Grave of the Fireflies (so sad ;~~). I liked Chihiro too.
Ops! Grave of the Fireflies wasn´t by Miyazaki, was it? I think it´s just a Ghibli production. ;p

Do you like Ghost in the Shell? Why? Why not?
This one is a classic...I still haven´t watched Innocence and Stand Alone Complex, though. ;/ I´m not really into sci-fi, but I liked this one a lot when I watched.
Fujikomas :hearts

What's better music wise: Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop? If you haven't heard of them, I'm afraid I have no links. I get a lot of my anime exposure through Adult Swim or something from William Street Studios (a Cartoon Network animation department (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Street)).
I love Cowboy Bebop in every aspect, music included. Can´t say the same for Samurai Champloo, as I´ve never watched it #D

Gold Knight
November 06, 2007, 08:56 PM
Don't you have a boyfriend anyway? So the workers better keep their mitts off, right? :D

Do watch Samurai Champloo, it's awesome, maybe not as awesome as Cowboy Bebop but you still should watch it anyway.

And are you interested in working for architectural firm, or to start your own business?

Agrias
November 06, 2007, 09:16 PM
Don't you have a boyfriend anyway? So the workers better keep their mitts off, right? :D
Yeah, and he´s very jealous #D He wanted to go to the construction site with me once, hehe. #D

Do watch Samurai Champloo, it's awesome, maybe not as awesome as Cowboy Bebop but you still should watch it anyway.
I think I watched an episode on tv once...it really didn´t get my attention, is it that good?;p

And are you interested in working for architectural firm, or to start your own business?
Anything is good....for begginers, it´s hard to start a business, but some say it´s the only way to make money nowadays...

I feel kinda of lost right now....it feels like i´ve been studying for almost 6 years, and I still haven´t learned anything *_* I´m so afraaaid ;_;
[hr]
I´m such a noob! I´ve never noticed you could change forum skins...and i just noticed my siggy looks AWFUL in the dark skin! Stupid gifs, gotta redo it ;_;

kaylee
November 06, 2007, 10:17 PM
Agrias! :hug

What did you start first -- the anime or manga for Naruto? Which do you like better?

What are your 3 favorite anime?

They are the perfect pairing. She´s caring, and he needs care - Sasuke only needs to acknowledge that. I think he already did, he´s just waiting to finish his things with Itachi before producing pink haired Uchihas. #D

Ever see this comic? :gigglebunny

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6203/sasukesvisionofthefuturew2.th.jpg (http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sasukesvisionofthefuturew2.jpg)

I think I watched an episode on tv once...it really didn´t get my attention, is it that good?;p

YES!! Samurai Champloo is that good. In fact, on my second time watching, I decided it was better than Cowboy Bebop (although the music isn't as good). Not every episode is fantastic, so maybe you caught one of those... but some just blew me away. You should definitely check it out! :D

I feel kinda of lost right now....it feels like i´ve been studying for almost 6 years, and I still haven´t learned anything *_* I´m so afraaaid ;_;

Don't worry, almost everyone feels that way when they graduate. I know I did, anyway. But sometimes I think the point of college isn't to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn things on your own. So don't worry. Once you start your job, I'm sure you'll do great! :D

I´m such a noob! I´ve never noticed you could change forum skins...and i just noticed my siggy looks AWFUL in the dark skin! Stupid gifs, gotta redo it ;_;

Hehe. The important thing is, it looks great with my color scheme! :D

Agrias
November 06, 2007, 10:41 PM
Agrias! :hug

What did you start first -- the anime or manga for Naruto? Which do you like better?
I started with the anime, but now i´m most interested on the manga, of course. Can´t wait for the team 7 reunion #D
I´m torn between the manga and the anime, i love both. Except the fillers and slow paced episodes of the anime, and the manga fights that take more than 5 weeks to end.

By the way, I can´t stand the Jiraiya fight anymore. ¬¬

What are your 3 favorite anime?
It´s so difficult to choose only 3...but right now, I guess they would be Macross, Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin. Ops, I guess I don´t like Kenshin as a anime series, only the manga...last favourite anime...agh, I´ll go with Slayers. Kimagure Orange Road. Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucky Star. So maaaany ;_;

Ever see this comic? :gigglebunny

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6203/sasukesvisionofthefuturew2.th.jpg (http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sasukesvisionofthefuturew2.jpg)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHA #D~~

Thaaanks, i had never seen it before! I guess that would be really funny >D

YES!! Samurai Champloo is that good. In fact, on my second time watching, I decided it was better than Cowboy Bebop (although the music isn't as good). Not every episode is fantastic, so maybe you caught one of those... but some just blew me away. You should definitely check it out! :D
When I finish Bleach, that will be my next one. I just started watching/reading Bleach, can you believe it?;p

Don't worry, almost everyone feels that way when they graduate. I know I did, anyway. But sometimes I think the point of college isn't to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn things on your own. So don't worry. Once you start your job, I'm sure you'll do great! :D
Thanks ;~~~)

Hey kaylee, create your thread! It´s th time for us rookies to SHIINE! #D

PaperYomiko
November 07, 2007, 12:25 AM
Agrias has a thread now!!! :whoo

hmm....what's your favorite non-anime movie? Do you like to read, other than manga? and btw, I love that you love Kenshin, that's my favorite too :love

and the most important question of life...what's your favorite food? :nuts

Agrias
November 07, 2007, 05:35 AM
Agrias has a thread now!!! :whoo :glomp :glomp :glomp

hmm....what's your favorite non-anime movie?
KILL BILL, both parts o_o I love it so much *_*

Do you like to read, other than manga? and btw, I love that you love Kenshin, that's my favorite too :love
Yeah, sure ^^ My favourite books are The Silmarillion, A Clockwork Orange and A Brave New World. But its been a long time since i last read something pleasant, now i just read boring architecture books. :(
Ah, there´s a really good book that is not about architecture, but every architecture student reads and loves - and that´s my case: Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. That would be my current fav.

and the most important question of life...what's your favorite food? :nuts
:wtf
I love to eat #D~~~~~~

SUSHI!!!!! *_* Yakisoba...BigMac and Cheddar McMelt (this one is a mc donalds sandwich, i´m not sure if they sell it outside Brazi, as they say this one is a brazillian one ;p)
I was recently introduced to Burger King, so I must say Whoppers are starting to make me happy. Ah, Junk Food :scry

gluttony
November 07, 2007, 09:43 AM
wowww agrias thread :D this is strange talking to you in english! the other day i went to the website your boyfriend's band. they're pretty cool!!!! i would love to hear some anime openings too!

ok here is a question, do you like to do any artistic stuff as a hobby and not as a job, i mean, like sculture or painting in your free time?

kaylee
November 07, 2007, 04:11 PM
I started with the anime, but now i´m most interested on the manga, of course. Can´t wait for the team 7 reunion #D
I´m torn between the manga and the anime, i love both. Except the fillers and slow paced episodes of the anime, and the manga fights that take more than 5 weeks to end.

By the way, I can´t stand the Jiraiya fight anymore. ¬¬

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are bored with it already. The constant summonings were a bit boring, but there's potential to make it exciting again with Pain's new human summons. But I think I care more about getting Pain's backstory than the actual battle right now. :p

And I can't wait until we finally get back to Sasuke and Itachi!! (and maybe Naruto?) :nuts

When I finish Bleach, that will be my next one. I just started watching/reading Bleach, can you believe it?;p

Hehe. Don't worry, you're not the only one. :amuse
I've been caught up on the manga for a while now, but I still have only watched like 5 episodes of the anime. :p

Hey kaylee, create your thread! It´s th time for us rookies to SHIINE! #D

But I like spamming other people's threads so much better! (so thanks for creating one! :D)

PaperYomiko
November 07, 2007, 04:57 PM
:glomp :glomp :glomp

:glomp :XD

KILL BILL, both parts o_o I love it so much *_*

Those are great movies, I agree :smile-big I LOVE the Superman theory at the end, so brilliant :amuse

Ah, there´s a really good book that is not about architecture, but every architecture student reads and loves - and that´s my case: Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. That would be my current fav.

are you serious?!! I'm actually reading that right now!!! :XD It's very good, Calvino is just a beautiful writer :love

I love to eat #D~~~~~~

me too! :nuts

SUSHI!!!!! *_* Yakisoba...BigMac and Cheddar McMelt (this one is a mc donalds sandwich, i´m not sure if they sell it outside Brazi, as they say this one is a brazillian one ;p)
I was recently introduced to Burger King, so I must say Whoppers are starting to make me happy. Ah, Junk Food :scry

ooooh, yakisoba is delicious :love I tried to make it myself once though, and it was complete disaster :XD

ah! Do you read One Piece? :nuts

Xophien
November 07, 2007, 05:38 PM
Heya Agrias, nice to see you settling in nod Can't say I'm a big lurker in the Naruto section but you shall see me sometimes in this thread because...

Slayers. Kimagure Orange Road. Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucky Star

That list's just too awesome :nuts I'll make you join my brigade >.> So a couple of questions... Sorry if there are too many^^;;

- Saint Seiya : Favorite Saint? (hope you won't pick Aldebaran only because he's Brazilian :nuts)
- Macross : Favorite characters? Ever took a look at Macross Plus? Do you think that the upcoming series, Macross F, will be better than the last TV series Macross 7? (which shouldn't be hard, but well >.>)
- Slayers : Favorite characters? If you've watched the OVAs, which is your favorite one?
- Lodoss : Favorite characters? Which one would you choose, between cosplaying as Deedlit or as Pirotess? :XD

I'll keep other questions for later, that's already a lot :sweat

This one is a classic...I still haven´t watched Innocence and Stand Alone Complex, though. ;/ I´m not really into sci-fi, but I liked this one a lot when I watched.
Fujikomas :hearts

Seeing your list of favorite animes, I have little doubts you wouldn't like either :amuse I strongly advise you the Stand Alone Complex series, if only because Tachikomas>Fuchikomas :amuse

Agrias
November 07, 2007, 08:43 PM
ok here is a question, do you like to do any artistic stuff as a hobby and not as a job, i mean, like sculture or painting in your free time?

Eba, você por aqui! #D

I was an arts student for 2 years, by the same time I started architecture. I ended by quitting the arts course, as both courses required much dedication and time. Architecture was my real goal, so i had to leave the arts course behind...maybe when I graduate I´ll continue it, to get a 2nd graduation ^^;

I like drawing a lot, it´s one of my favourite hobbys. I´m always drawing at boring classes, and people know me at the university as "that girl that´s always doodling those big eyes people" #D I collect all of those doodles at my deviantart gallery (http://agrias.deviantart.com) :)

I´m not very talented though. I´m not good on painting, nor colouring...
(I used to make some interesting sculptures at class, but sculpting at home turns out to be kinda messy ;p )

And I can't wait until we finally get back to Sasuke and Itachi!! (and maybe Naruto?) :nuts

So I do. In fact, I really want to see the Uchiha reunion! I want Sasuke to get spanked real bad by Itachi or Madara. (So Sakura can come and heal every inch of his body, and produce cute nice little pink haired uchihas 10 minutes later. ;p)

Ah, and I hope Itachi is the real good boy of Akatsuki instead of Tobi. ;_;

:glomp :XD
ah! Do you read One Piece? :nuts
That´s one more to my to-do list ;_;

- Saint Seiya : Favorite Saint? (hope you won't pick Aldebaran only because he's Brazilian :nuts)
I hate Aldebaran, that ugly loser! #D My favourites are Hyoga, Shiryu, Kamus, Mino and Mu #D

I remember I was 10 when Saint Seiya 1st aired, and it became an instant hit. All the guys at school were fighting to see who would have the better saint, according to our zodiac sign. "Hah, I´m scorpio, did you see how much he owns?" "Hah, Aquarius is better!"
And I only joined the discussions to say "Just wait! You´ll see that my Piscis will be the most powerful one!"
What a disappointment. Everyone made fun of me. "SAINT FAAAG, YOU PISCIS!" :P

- Macross : Favorite characters? Ever took a look at Macross Plus? Do you think that the upcoming series, Macross F, will be better than the last TV series Macross 7? (which shouldn't be hard, but well >.>)
Misa Hayase, one of my favourite heroines among all manga/anime. I despise Lynn MinMay. ;p
I loved Macross Plus, in fact it was the only "sequel" that I liked.

As you said, anything is better than Macross 7. :~ I´m really curious about Macross F.[/QUOTE]

- Slayers : Favorite characters? If you've watched the OVAs, which is your favorite one?
Lina > all #D But I love the entire cast ;~) Naga, Zel, Gourry...just can´t choose one.
I´ve watched the OVAs a loong time ago..i remember liking them, but i don´t remember their titles^^ There was one with Lina, Naga and a fashion designer that was kinda silly, though. ;p

- Lodoss : Favorite characters? Which one would you choose, between cosplaying as Deedlit or as Pirotess? :XD
My favs are Parn, Deed and Pirotess #D
For cosplaying? Hahah Pirotess is a lot cooler, but I don´t have that body, so I´d go with Deedlit #D

Tooons of work to be dooone, gotta get going ;~~ Keep on asking, this is so fun! ;D

Gold Knight
November 07, 2007, 09:04 PM
What is your idea of an ultimate life accomplishment? xD

Agrias
November 08, 2007, 06:48 AM
What is your idea of an ultimate life accomplishment? xD

I dunno ^^ Every time we accomplish a goal, we must set a bigger one next to keep on living, ne? ^^ Right now my biggest goal is to graduate and get a job. And marrying. #D
And still be alive to see if Sasuke really returns :eyeroll

Xophien
November 08, 2007, 08:05 AM
I remember I was 10 when Saint Seiya 1st aired, and it became an instant hit. All the guys at school were fighting to see who would have the better saint, according to our zodiac sign. "Hah, I´m scorpio, did you see how much he owns?" "Hah, Aquarius is better!"
And I only joined the discussions to say "Just wait! You´ll see that my Piscis will be the most powerful one!"
What a disappointment. Everyone made fun of me. "SAINT FAAAG, YOU PISCIS!" :P

I can relate to that :XD I'm born right between Gemini and Cancer, so my parents picked up Cancer as my zodiac sign (like my brother), but I switched to Gemini after that fiasco with Deathmask (;×_×) And I have to agree that poor lil' Aldebaran just kept getting his sorry arse kicked everytime^^;;

Lina > all #D But I love the entire cast ;~) Naga, Zel, Gourry...just can´t choose one.There haven't been that many series where all the main characters are just that great, huh? (even if Lina is definitely above the rest, and my second favorite character ever :love). Ever checked the novels?

Misa Hayase, one of my favourite heroines among all manga/anime. I despise Lynn MinMay. ;p
I loved Macross Plus, in fact it was the only "sequel" that I liked.

As you said, anything is better than Macross 7. :~ I´m really curious about Macross F.This just shows you have great tastes O(≧▽≦)O Misa>Lynn, Macross Plus>all the other sequels (partly because of the more than awesome soundtrack).

Alright, more questions then :
- Suzumiya : Your favorite characters? If you had to take part in a brigade like the SOS-Dan, which role would you rather fit in? (leader, vice-leader, multi-purpose slave, bookworm, mascot or just side helper nyoro~n?)
- Lucky Star : Favorite characters? Don't you think Konata x Kagami is one damn great pairing? :nuts (I had to ask that one :XD)
- FFT : Delita and Agrias, I guess? :XD Don't you think that the last Delita x Ovelia scene after the credits of the game was just awesome? FFT had Cloud as a special character, and its PSP remake has Balthier from FFXII : if you could have picked any FF character to put as a special character in FFT, which one would it have been?

Nami
November 08, 2007, 08:16 AM
Agrias!!!

Welcome to quiz time!

Who's your favourite architect and why?
What's the building that you will ever want to see (if its still around) and why?
Do you read any shoujo or yaoi? :amuse

Agrias
November 08, 2007, 11:28 AM
Ever checked the novels?
No...i don´t think they were translated in that time #D

Alright, more questions then :
- Suzumiya : Your favorite characters? If you had to take part in a brigade like the SOS-Dan, which role would you rather fit in? (leader, vice-leader, multi-purpose slave, bookworm, mascot or just side helper nyoro~n?)
I love Kyon. I wish I could take him and protect him from Haruhi´s abuses. #D I also like her...and Nagato. I don´t like Mikuru though, I usually hate that type of character ;p
I think I´d be the multi-purpose slave like Kyon - I already am, at work. ;_;

- Lucky Star : Favorite characters? Don't you think Konata x Kagami is one damn great pairing? :nuts (I had to ask that one :XD)
Konata is my alterego. She is SO MUCH LIKE ME, that I can´t even believe, it feels like the author knew me haha #D When she speaks of buying 3 equal cards....i looked to my card collection and then...#D The constant MMO playing, MMO frienships and reaction to rare item drops... (although I had to stop playing, but my in-game friends are always tempting me ;_;)
Even her friendship with Kagami, I have a "Kagami" in real life too. And...they have a cute friendship. I just can´t see it another way ^^;

-FFT : Delita and Agrias, I guess? :XD Don't you think that the last Delita x Ovelia scene after the credits of the game was just awesome? FFT had Cloud as a special character, and its PSP remake has Balthier from FFXII : if you could have picked any FF character to put as a special character in FFT, which one would it have been?

Noo! Mustadio and Agrias! They complete each other! #D
Yeah, that Delita x Ovelia scene was fabulous. I almost cried #D
If I could choose a character to put into FFT? I´d go with Terra, Setzer or Locke from FF6. They fit perfectly. #D

Agrias!!!

Welcome to quiz time!
:glomp

Who's your favourite architect and why?
It´s not because I´m brazilian, but I must say that Oscar Niemeyer > all. He doesn´t just draw buildings, he makes poetry ;~) Some critics bash him saying that his projects are beautiful, but not functional...but his buildings are functional for the things they are supposed to be used! What´s better than a museum that is a sculpture, an work of art itself?
This year he´ll be 100 years old. And he´s STILL WORKING. He´s an example not only of love for architecture, but person.

Asides from him, I love Santiago Calatrava, Alvar Aalto and Frank Lloyd Wright. Wright is one of my biggest influences.

What's the building that you will ever want to see (if its still around) and why?
I can´t die without visiting Brasilia (capital of Brazil, the first planned modern city of the world). All of Niemeyer´s best works are there...and the city itself is a piece of the history of architecture, i think it´s an example even abroad. I´m just waiting an opportunity to go there.

I´d love to visit the Opera House in Australia, Calatrava´s Tenerife Opera House, Fallingwater residence by Wright...and all the works by Antoine Gaudi. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention him, he was superb. Park Guell and the church of the sacred family...wow.

Do you read any shoujo or yaoi? :amuse
I used to read magical girls shojo, like Sailormoon, Wedding Peach, Magic Knight Rayearth by Clamp, Fushigi Yuugi...now I´m starting to read Nana.

And I don´t like yaoi, i think I´m an exception =x Nothing against people who likes it, though :p

Gold Knight
November 08, 2007, 11:55 AM
I think every American architect is influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright in some way now.

And I don´t like yaoi, i think I´m an exception =x Nothing against people who likes it, though :p

:glomp

Down with yaoi and yuri! :yelling :XD

Have you ever visited Iguazu Falls?

gluttony
November 08, 2007, 03:52 PM
Eba, você por aqui! #D

:pmg

I like drawing a lot, it´s one of my favourite hobbys. I´m always drawing at boring classes, and people know me at the university as "that girl that´s always doodling those big eyes people" #D I collect all of those doodles at my deviantart gallery

yey we have something in comon! but i also love painting. i love your drawings in devianART, but there is one eye there... omg!!! it's reallllyy amazing:hearts

do you travel a lot? have you ever come to portugal?

Agrias
November 08, 2007, 10:42 PM
Have you ever visited Iguazu Falls?

:pmg
do you travel a lot? have you ever come to portugal?

I have a serious airplane phobia....and I don´t travel much because of it. ;p Call me crazy, but that´s it. ;_;
I´ve never been abroad, and I only know 10 cities in Brazil, I think (Iguaçu falls not included ;_;) ;p

When I moved from Rio to Fortaleza (3000km distance), everyone except me wanted to go by airplane. I made my father (and my dog =x) travel with me by car. The travel was supposed to be done in 3 days, but the car broke, my father became sick...and in the end, OUT CAR CAUGHT FIRE. We managed to save it thanks to some kind people.

When we finally got here, after 5 days, my mother and my sister appeared - safe and sound, after a comfortable 4 hours airplane travel.

But I do not regret it. Seriously. u_u

(I´ve already travelled by plane, many times. But is always terrifying to me. I´d travel by foot, by boat, by anything instead of a plane if I could. Yeah, I agree, I should see a psychologist.)

Gold Knight
November 08, 2007, 11:08 PM
Hey, at least you guys had an adventure! Makes for fun memories (though I'm sure it was a nervous experience at the time!)

How did your car catch fire, though?

And my mom also has a plane phobia as well. The fact that the few times she does get on a plane to fly, there's always some landing problems, doesn't exactly help alleviate her fears...

I think for some people flying just isn't meant to be something they experience too much. I've never had problems aside from ear-popping and headache pains though.

What's the farthest car trip you've ever been on? Rio to Fortaleza?

Agrias
November 11, 2007, 08:52 PM
Wow, I was so tired that I had to give myself a 2 days ban from all internet. ;p

Hey, at least you guys had an adventure! Makes for fun memories (though I'm sure it was a nervous experience at the time!)

How did your car catch fire, though?

What's the farthest car trip you've ever been on? Rio to Fortaleza?

The car caught fire because of a pane in the electric system. As the car broke several times during the trip, we had to stop at lots of different repairing stores around brazil...one of those must have screwed the battery wires ¬¬

Yeah, that was my biggest car trip. ;p

Gold Knight
November 11, 2007, 11:55 PM
Are you gonna be able to get a holiday soon? :p

Agrias
November 12, 2007, 05:17 PM
Not really. :(

Hey, can someone tell me how much does a Nintendo DS cost in other places? I had a sudden urge to buy one. >)~

bax
November 12, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hmm..

Malaysia = RM380 (roughly USD 114, including tax)

Dunno about NDS Lite though

Agrias
November 12, 2007, 05:40 PM
SO CHEAP. 0_0
I think i´ll take the risk, buy one online and pray so it can pass through mailcheck without taxes. ;_;

kaylee
November 12, 2007, 05:43 PM
NDS lite is around $130 in the US. Don't think anyone is selling the non-lite version new anymore. You might be able to find it used online for pretty cheap though.

Agrias
November 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
I hate living in Brazil when it comes to videogames ;_;

A DS here costs R$ 600 ~ 800 - like $300 or $400! C´mon, i could buy a Wii with this in the us. ;-;
We manage to find some cheaper ones for R$450, something like $225, but it´s very rare...

Gold Knight
November 12, 2007, 06:03 PM
That sucks. I think it's possible here to get a DS at $60 too, but kaylee's right, it's around $130 for the most part.

What games do you want for it?

Agrias
November 12, 2007, 06:08 PM
I´m not really interested in games, I want to hack it so I can use it as a palmtop with wifi connection #D (i have a Nokia E70, but i just can´t stop buying new gadgets.)
But I must say that playing mario kart while waiting in a giant line must be wonderful. And final fantasy, of course. #D And trauma center. And that lawyer one. And naruto.

I guess i really want it for the games. ¬¬

Gold Knight
November 12, 2007, 06:20 PM
I want it mainly for Mega Man ZX and Final Fantasy games, woot ^^ I think my parents will probably try to get it for me for Christmas.

What is your favorite character class in the FF games? xD

Agrias
November 12, 2007, 06:34 PM
Holy Knight, just because of Agrias. #D~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just kidding, I guess it´s got to be the black mage.

Gold Knight
November 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lo, behold the wit of the Black Mage!

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7610/010511mh3.jpg

kaylee
November 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
Heh, GK, that was really funny. :gigglebunny

Agrias, what did you think of the latest Naruto episode? Better than the chapter? Are you a fan of Sai?

Speaking of Sai, what do you think he's been up to in the manga? He's been suspiciously absent for a long time now...

Gold Knight
November 17, 2007, 11:28 AM
What about Yamato?

As for Sai, kaylee, he's still with Naruto's search group, right? I wonder how popular he is nowadays in Japan. It's possible that Kishimoto might have been told by his editor that Sai wasn't a popular character and so he decided to put less focus on him on missions where he's with Team 7. Kishimoto is still likely saving him for a dramatic arc involving the Root though.

Agrias
November 17, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hhahaha today it was my sister´s birthday, we gave her a suprise party. Sooo....as i´m still kinda tipsy, forgive my writing mistakes. ;p

What about Yamato?

As for Sai, kaylee, he's still with Naruto's search group, right? I wonder how popular he is nowadays in Japan. It's possible that Kishimoto might have been told by his editor that Sai wasn't a popular character and so he decided to put less focus on him on missions where he's with Team 7. Kishimoto is still likely saving him for a dramatic arc involving the Root though.

He WAS! He suddenly disappeared, since when Team Konoha reunited after Deidara´s final bang - someone said "everyone is gathered here" or something like this, but Sai wasn´t there! He has not appeared in any chapter since then, look closely at every group shot. He´s not there.

I even thought that maybe Kishimoto has forgotten to draw him along with the others and was going to correct this on the tankubon release, but I don´t really know if he did. Fact is that Sai disappeared. ;p

Speaking of Sai, what do you think he's been up to in the manga? He's been suspiciously absent for a long time now...
I think he´s following Sasuke without the others. Maybe Danzou is up to something again? >D No, I don´t think Sai would turn "evil" again, it would be a stupid and unnecessary plot twist.

Agrias, what did you think of the latest Naruto episode? Better than the chapter? Are you a fan of Sai?
I liked it, not as much as episode 33...fun, anyway. I like those arc-introduction (with no fights ;p) chapters, and I love seeing old characters appearing again...this time it was Ino. Although I don´t like her at all, she looks cute. #D
I expected Yamato to have a far more friendly voice, his seiyuu has such a creepy tone...
I kinda like Sai. Not one of my favourites, but a nice one. I love his stupid jokes. :p
And he´s an artist ninja, I really liked those...I´ve always dreamed about a Sai x Deidara fight, 2D x 3D ;~~
http://samurai-pet.deviantart.com/art/3D-versus-2D-53522907 :love

kaylee
November 17, 2007, 04:23 PM

He WAS! He suddenly disappeared, since when Team Konoha reunited after Deidara´s final bang - someone said "everyone is gathered here" or something like this, but Sai wasn´t there! He has not appeared in any chapter since then, look closely at every group shot. He´s not there.

Exactly, Agrias! This is what I was referring to, GK. The last time we saw Sai was right after Deidara's kamakaze blast (http://www.onemanga.com/naruto/363/03/).

After that, there were several group shots, and Sai was left out of all of them. Intentionally? Who knows. Weird that none of the characters mentioned it though. Eh, it's probably innocent.

Chapter 364, page 12 (http://www.onemanga.com/naruto/364/12/)
Chapter 365, page 3 (http://www.onemanga.com/naruto/365/03/)
Chapter 365, page 11 (http://www.onemanga.com/naruto/365/11/)

I think he´s following Sasuke without the others. Maybe Danzou is up to something again? >D No, I don´t think Sai would turn "evil" again, it would be a stupid and unnecessary plot twist.

Yeah, I don't just want a repeat of what's happened before. But Danzou is up to something.

I expected Yamato to have a far more friendly voice, his seiyuu has such a creepy tone...

Yeah, I was thrown off by his voice too. And his animation too actually. He seemed kinda creepy, like a doll or something.

I kinda like Sai. Not one of my favourites, but a nice one. I love his stupid jokes. :p
And he´s an artist ninja, I really liked those...I´ve always dreamed about a Sai x Deidara fight, 2D x 3D ;~~
http://samurai-pet.deviantart.com/art/3D-versus-2D-53522907 :love

I love Sai's creepy smile. Reminds me of Gin from Bleach. Although they have the same creepy smile for entirely different reasons. But yeah, a Sai vs Deidara fight would be fun to watch. So much for that. :p

Gold Knight
November 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
I'll be flabbergasted. I never even noticed that Sai apparently went his own way apart from the others.

Wow, and nobody even noticed that he's absent, it seems. Guess Sai is really not that popular. :XD

And he can't be tailing Sasuke, because Karin would have sensed him as well. Hmm, I guess he did go his own separate way. Interesting!

And hmm, about Yamato, maybe they just got carried away by his "scary face" moments and picked somebody who would have a fun voice for that scene, but I guess I wouldn't like it if he always had that tone all the time...

And seems like a lot of people are drinking lately, what do you like to drink Agrias? :XD

Agrias
November 18, 2007, 08:58 AM
And seems like a lot of people are drinking lately, what do you like to drink Agrias? :XD

Heineken #D~
And Bohemia, a brazillian brand. ;p

Asides from beer, I love wine, flavoured vodka, caipirinha and.....
lemon ice tea. #D

bax
November 21, 2007, 08:41 PM
Dani-chan <3
Anything special happening lately? :XD

hehe :kukuku

Agrias
November 21, 2007, 09:11 PM
LOT´S of work ;_; My hands are aching, my head hurts, i haven´t slept well for 2 weeks and I can´t stand more deadlines ...
I´m finishing my commercial building right now....it sucks. ;_; I had to show it to the teachers tomorrow....but it´s far from done. :/

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4598/pa6yq4.jpg

aaagh ;_;

bax
November 21, 2007, 09:32 PM
Awww poor you :hug
Hopefully everything is fine for you.

Just take a little break once in a while, ne? Take care of yourself ^^

Agrias
November 27, 2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks, things are going better now..just untill next week, i think, then hell will break loose again. ;_;

Hey, I started this discussion on the Portuguese Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5606), but I like to have more opinions...

As I said before, I'm thinking about buying a Nintendo DS. FFIV, VI, Mario games, stylus pen...

But there's Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP now.

WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY? ;____________________;

Gold Knight
December 03, 2007, 06:09 AM
Isn't the answer obvious?

Both! :nuts

I have a feeling that I will get a DS soon... although not by buying it :XD

(Yay for knowing what your Christmas presents will be in advance...)

kaylee
December 12, 2007, 03:11 PM
Thought you'd get a kick out of this... :gigglebunny

Hi, some of you may know me as the guy who has the sun logo other may recognize me pladcs like various naruto forums or bleach forums

But today, I've come to say that I'm deeply enfacuated with kylara and argrias.. the dynamic female mod duo of naruto.. Those lovely ladies provide me with a gift that no other woman can, naruto that is..

However i'm in somewhat a state of dissaray.. Kylarra vs Argrias that is the question... like ogiue's fantasy of sasa x manda i'm stuck in a love struck triangle

By the way, love your santa-fied avatar!! So cute! :D

Agrias
December 12, 2007, 03:26 PM
Hahahahahahaha I just can´t believe it! Hahaahahaha #D

I think you win, Kay. I´m the anime section girl, the fillers ruined my sections´ popularity! #D The spoilers and everything alse are much more interesting. Hehehehehe ^^

Aaaaaw...did you notice that Sai came back? That was so depressing, i really hoped that Kishi would have a reason for his disapearence. :(

kaylee
December 12, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hahahahahahaha I just can´t believe it! Hahaahahaha #D

I think you win, Kay. I´m the anime section girl, the fillers ruined my sections´ popularity! #D The spoilers and everything alse are much more interesting. Hehehehehe ^^

Hehehe. Yeah, I found that hilarious. But he said "kylara", not "kaylee". You'll have to fight it out with her. :p

(or maybe he's confused? :blink)

Aaaaaw...did you notice that Sai came back? That was so depressing, i really hoped that Kishi would have a reason for his disapearence. :(

Yeah, I was hoping for more with that too... oh well. I guess Kishi just got lazy and didn't feel like drawing him. Damn him for starting our conspiracy theories! :p

Agrias
December 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
Aaaaaah I haven´t noticed it #D It´s Kylara indeed. #D~~
The raw girl, I lose again! #D

Gold Knight
December 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
Maybe Sai's puppies ate him, they didn't seem to like him very much. Heh.

bax
December 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Sai filler episode anyone? >.>

kaylee
December 12, 2007, 04:58 PM
Oh god no. Don't say it, or it'll happen. :notrust

er, it'll probably happen anyway. :darn

Agrias
December 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
Dei vs Sai filler please :love

ITACHIWIFE
December 12, 2007, 11:56 PM
how is christmass in brazil

Agrias
December 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
how is christmass in brazil

Aaah it´s pretty nice ^^ Brazil is a very catholic country, so people take xmas really seriously. All sorts of celebrations and things like that...i´m not that religious, but the xmas vibe is everywhere, and i really like it =] Warm and cozy #D

We usually spend xmas with our families (friends have to wait till new years day ;p), preparing all those traditional foods (turkey, rabanada - i don´t think people know this hehe, it´s delicious - panettones and all) and waiting till midnight to eat, playing secret santa and all those things. I really like the xmas family gathering, my family is so big that xmas is the only period when I get to see almost all of them ;p

I guess it´s a typical traditional xmas for almost everyone here ^^

gluttony
December 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
you also eat rabanadas in brasil?:pmg it's my favourite food during christmas!

so agrias:plot ....
what are you planning to do on the 31st?
i know that there in brasil (i don't exactly where) ppl dress white clothes and go to the beach to celebrate the new year:D i'd love to do that! have you ever done it?

Agrias
December 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
you also eat rabanadas in brasil?:pmg it's my favourite food during christmas!

My mom forgot to bake the rabanadas this year! I was so anxious for them ;_;

so agrias:plot ....
what are you planning to do on the 31st?
i know that there in brasil (i don't exactly where) ppl dress white clothes and go to the beach to celebrate the new year:D i'd love to do that! have you ever done it?
Yes, in Rio! As I lived there, i used to go to that celebration every year, it´s so much fun..i miss Rio so much ;_;

This year I´m going to Jericoacoara beach, it´s near my grandma´s house. I´m not a beach person, but it´s so beautiful that i couldn´t pass...
http://trilhabrasil.com/viagens/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/jerico.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/v3/11/141711/1/50712781.crepsculoemjericoacoara.jpg
http://oglobo.globo.com/fotos/2007/10/26/25_MHG_Jericoacoara_6.jpg
http://www.tokiotour.com.br/lib/spot_jericoacoara02.jpg

Really beautiful, isn´t it? #D

Gold Knight
December 26, 2007, 09:56 PM
Astonishing pictures *_*

Agrias
January 27, 2008, 09:51 PM
I´m ressurecting this thread for a very egoistic reason.

I don´t want explanations anymore!
I just wanna cryyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;________________________;

*mourning over old itachi*

godofthesunn
January 27, 2008, 11:29 PM
I'm touched that your so heartbroken over this development. I too am saddened his true character.. I always wanted him to be something greater but sadly kishimoto didn't want to go with that outcome.

ITACHIWIFE
January 28, 2008, 12:31 AM
you know itachi going a little crazy is not that bad , it gives him more character

Uozumi
January 28, 2008, 12:48 AM
I admit I not-so-secretly wanted him to be a complete bastard. I'm pleased with how the latest chapter turned out. I would have been saddened if he was truely a kind older brother somewhere deep inside.

Agrias
January 28, 2008, 09:40 AM
See all of the points of view about Itachi at Kado´s thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4182&page=92), we wrote a lot there. Now wait...I think that is the official cry-for-itachi thread #D

kadoman
January 28, 2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry I'm so late in visiting your thread. :redface But I just wanted to join in the mourning for Itachi because I think his days are numbered. I honestly think he's going to die. :wtf

Agrias
January 28, 2008, 08:42 PM
Sorry I'm so late in visiting your thread. :redface But I just wanted to join in the mourning for Itachi because I think his days are numbered. I honestly think he's going to die. :wtf

Welcome Kado! Make yourself at home! :luv

Aaah...I was just discussing this with Kaylee and Khal on irc today. I agree that he´s gonna find his end soon, but they think it´s going to take longer...

If he doesn´t die now, i hope to see some Madara x Itachi interaction. Madara has already appeared as the main bad guy, but he needs something to show this. Pain killed Jiraiya to prove his point. Maybe Madara gives Itachi some asskicking to show who is the boss...;p

Ops, I forgot that Madara tuck out his own brother´s eyes. Itachi wiped out the entire clan, he´s still winning the bad guy championship. ;p

godofthesunn
January 29, 2008, 04:24 PM
Agrias you certainly are loving the spoilers thus far.. you thanked each one. lol.. It might be better for you to take some naruto manga downtime so that when the scan is released on Friday you can fully enjoy

Agrias
January 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
Actually I think i enjoy more reading the spoilers than reading the actual chapter, hehe ^^

ornis
January 30, 2008, 02:21 AM
I can't stop laughing at your sig XD Damn.

kaylee
January 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
Agrias! :glomp

(also -- :comfort)

But did you see this yet? I found it on NF and it cracked me up.

http://i25.tinypic.com/348jbl3.gif

:gigglebunny

Agrias
January 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
I can't stop laughing at your sig XD Damn.

fatty psycho itachi is made of pure win #D

Agrias! :glomp

(also -- :comfort)

But did you see this yet? I found it on NF and it cracked me up.

http://i25.tinypic.com/348jbl3.gif

:gigglebunny

kay...

THIS MADE MY DAY!!!!!!
hahahahahaahaahahahahahaha

(oh my, my boss is looking =x)

Natan
January 31, 2008, 10:31 AM
Don't be sad Da...Agrias, at least now Itachi will have the chance to redeem his sins saying to Sasuke that his is sorry for everything that he was done, moment Before he dies. The Lasts moments in Naruto are the bests.

PS: Não sei se vc se lembra mais vc me chamou tempos atrás para para participar aqui na MH, demorei mais aceitei o convite (GODaime Jesus) =)

PSS: When do you will re-open the ask thread, I want ask some question too =(

Agrias
January 31, 2008, 10:52 AM
Opa rapaz, q honra tê-lo por aqui! #D

Pergunte aí, os títulos dos tópicos são pura mongolice nossa.....o meu nem é o pior de todos. #D
(aparece lá no tópico em portugues tb!!!)

Ah sim, eu é q tenho uma pergunta...pq diabos teu nick é Natan se teu nome é Ricardo? ;pppp

Natan
January 31, 2008, 02:03 PM
Agrias I fell sorry, but here we ask and you aswer not the opposite =)

Natan é o personagem que eu mais gosto de um livro que eu estou escrevendo e meu nick de qualquer jogo. Não tem mutio sentido ne =)

So say me, How do you fell being such celebrity not only in Brasil but here too in the MH.

And you sayed that wasn't "that interesting, nor popular ", is bad to lie you know.

(write in english is so more dificult than read) =(

Gold Knight
January 31, 2008, 06:03 PM
LOL!

Love the sig. ^^;

godofthesunn
January 31, 2008, 07:16 PM
Agrias I fell sorry, but here we ask and you aswer not the opposite =)

Natan é o personagem que eu mais gosto de um livro que eu estou escrevendo e meu nick de qualquer jogo. Não tem mutio sentido ne =)

So say me, How do you fell being such celebrity not only in Brasil but here too in the MH.

And you sayed that wasn't "that interesting, nor popular ", is bad to lie you know.

(write in english is so more dificult than read) =(

Agrias is a celebrity in brazil .. i'm quite impressed

on a side note ( dumb question) do you speak Spanish and portugese , I know that they are similar languages but i wasn't sure about which one was more prominent in brazil

Natan
January 31, 2008, 08:18 PM
cofcofcof portuguese cofcofcof

Is simple distinguish. Spanish is speaked in almost all latin coutries, Portuguese only in Brazil.
Spanish is talked fast, portuguese much more slowly.

Agrias are famous in the Naruto Brazil Forum, she is the brazilian spoiller girl(ironical), But there, her avatar is one picture of herself , not this little Blonde girl.

Simple put we are Lucky =)

Gold Knight
January 31, 2008, 08:25 PM
Would be strange to have our own pics as our own avatars here at MH, I don't think I've ever seen it happen (intentionally at least.)

I think most of us like that sense of anonymity for whatever reason.

Natan
January 31, 2008, 08:41 PM
In rome dress like the roman. =)

No prob in have an nice little avatar(in some case is a blessing) to represent you, but is really sad talk to someone almost daily, and doesn't have ideia how they look like.

And in d Da..Agrias case is worst because she has such beutiful smile.

But this could be only me(I confess that I 'm a curious guy). =)

Gold Knight
January 31, 2008, 08:49 PM
No, it's not just you. I do like to see what the people I talk with on a daily basis look like, too. Most of the time though I find out through MSN or some other means rather than on the forums early on, though. There's only two exceptions right now where I have no idea what the person looks like.

MH seems to attract a lot of beautiful people for some reason, actually. I hope it keeps up, lol.

Agrias
January 31, 2008, 09:07 PM
Heeey! I´m no celebrity at all, nor here nor at Naruto Brazil dattebayo (a orkut community) hahaha ^^;;;

I´m just a MH rookie, no one knows me ^^

And..just so you can measure my popularity at orkut: NBDB has a side-community called "Celebrities in dattebayo". Once I was invited to it....but then almost no one knew me there, so i left it ^^;

And...we use our photos at orkut, just like everyone uses them at Facebook...orkut is google´s facebook, incredibly famous at Brazil. But i guess its very uncommon to use our own photos in foruns...never thought about it before, but isn´t it strange? Orkut and Facebook are social networks....but aren´t foruns too? Meh, social networks are meant to discuss other people´s lifes, that´s why no one "covers" themselves. Foruns have other purposes....or not. Hehe. :)

(Godaime, the little blonde girl is the real Agrias, from Final Fantasy tactics =] )

Gold Knight
January 31, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well, this forum is comprised mostly of fanboys and fangirls of many different manga and anime characters, and maybe we like to be identified with these characters, or just to announce who we like the best with our avatars. (I know I've always enjoyed having Kakashi avatars.)

Most people on these forums are actually pretty shy about their own identity.

And you'll always be a celebrity in my book, Agrias ^^

Natan
January 31, 2008, 09:16 PM
Talk with some people in the MSN solve only in part the problem. Because there is people that you will never have enough friendship to ask"Hi bud lets talk in MSN because in curious to see you face" That would be odd =)

Understand me, I'm not saying bad from this style of forum he in the MH is in this way and end. No big deal.

But otherside is nice see with how you are talking. My sense of anonymity are very poorly evolved

Would be strange but at same time fun to have an look in the faces behind the posts here to in MH.
Only a dream my dear profession fellow, only a dream =)

Gold Knight
January 31, 2008, 09:16 PM
BTW, there's only one thing about that sig of yours, Agrias... the arrow tends to lead one's eye to her cleavage. Just couldn't help commenting. XD

And Natan, well, it's not such a dream, we do have a Members Pics thread over in General Discussion. And many of the most active posters here have posted their pics (not all, but a lot of them).

My dream is just getting everybody on this community together in one place and have a big party, which is a little pushing it considering how widespread we all are ^^;

Natan
January 31, 2008, 09:27 PM
I' Know Agrias, but when I played FFT she suffered an acident. let's say that she doesn't haved that good end. =(

Whole world party county me in, This is what I call epic dream =)

Agrias
January 31, 2008, 10:06 PM
BTW, there's only one thing about that sig of yours, Agrias... the arrow tends to lead one's eye to her cleavage. Just couldn't help commenting. XD
Guys....always thinking about things in a perv way. ¬¬´ ^.^

My dream is just getting everybody on this community together in one place and have a big party, which is a little pushing it considering how widespread we all are ^^;
Yeeeah Phil, we should reeeeeally have a mundial gathering!! Personally, i´d love to meet you, Khal, Kaylee, Ttx, Nami, Baxie, NJT, Sai, Xophy, Kado...and everyone else <3

I' Know Agrias, but when I played FFT she suffered an acident. let's say that she doesn't haved that good end. =(
HOW DARE YOU! >(

Whole world party county me in, This is what I call epic dream =)
Orkontro, yeeei! :D Eu conheci o Thyago e a Joy. Hehehe ^^

Natan
February 01, 2008, 07:21 AM
Well the best place to show the tears are the eyes, you put the arrow in another place, so you can't blame GK =)

Eu moro em sergipe não tem como encontrar ninguem =(

Now another question. Where do you find your boyfriend, He is so epic Long hair, beard if you put an sword in his hands I would call him Aragorn =)

Members Pics thread over in General Discussion.
Nice thread, I really like.
Man you have such serious face =)

(List of thing to learn 1-quote things)

Xophien
February 01, 2008, 09:11 AM
Guys....always thinking about things in a perv way. ¬¬´ ^.^

Actually, even I didn't see it that way. G'Kar-dono is just quite the exception, as the biggest closet pervert there is out there :p Not that Agrias Oaks, despite being a complete bishoujo and generally bloody cute, has much of a cleavage in the first place anyway >.>; (the armor doesn't help, I guess :darn)

Yeeeah Phil, we should reeeeeally have a mundial gathering!! Personally, i´d love to meet you, Khal, Kaylee, Ttx, Nami, Baxie, NJT, Sai, Xophy, Kado...and everyone else <3That'd just be awesome, and a bit scary too :oh So much pervertedness in a single place could easily bring the world as we know it to an end :XD

Agrias
February 01, 2008, 09:36 AM
That'd just be awesome, and a bit scary too :oh So much pervertedness in a single place could easily bring the world as we know it to an end :XD

"The world as we know", you said!
We'll be the founders of a new perv world! Haruhi will be our goddess! Choco cornets will be sold everywhere! Every guy will have his own harem with girls dressed in towels! I will have my own Uchiha harem! >D

ehm....:eyeroll

Now another question. Where do you find your boyfriend, He is so epic Long hair, beard if you put an sword in his hands I would call him Aragorn =)

Hehehe...our story is a perfect shoujo one. I met him at college, we hated each other at first sight, then i left college...3 years later i met him again (on irc hahaha), he asked me out and it was love at second sight. #D~~
Aragorn? I'd say he looks more like Zakk Wylde or Jesus #D

Natan
February 01, 2008, 10:00 AM
Uchiha harem,hum So how is the pervy here, Agrias??

Nice, hate at fisrt sight. In this cases only net saves. And the people say that internet doesn't bring anything good =)

Pervyness You guy must met Zorak, He's the world champ in this subject.

Gold Knight
February 01, 2008, 11:25 AM
Actually, even I didn't see it that way. G'Kar-dono is just quite the exception, as the biggest closet pervert there is out there :p Not that Agrias Oaks, despite being a complete bishoujo and generally bloody cute, has much of a cleavage in the first place anyway >.>; (the armor doesn't help, I guess :darn)

Biggest closet pervert huh? Well, Winny did call me Ebisu... but I prefer to think of myself as an admirer of beauty... :love

But it's hard to really turn me on though, especially after all these years of drawing naked women in art classes during college, you know. You'd have to look like Jessica Alba nowadays to really trigger the pervert in me. xD

Basically I'll tend to make some ribald remarks about people's art if I see any reason to, but that's just because I'm easily amused by these things. :p

For some reason though I've been commenting more on Agrias' art lately, I just realized. I don't know why. Sorry Agrias - I guess your art is just sexy! XD

baboysai
February 05, 2008, 02:29 PM
The Cry for Itachi thread huh?

yeah. :scry

I always reserved my judgement before 386. It's so sad that he was evil all along. :crying

ornis
February 05, 2008, 04:26 PM

There just heartfelt pains, "well-embraced"...

The tears are so great, they swell within her chest >.>

Gold Knight
February 05, 2008, 06:32 PM
By the way, Agrias-chan, have you completely beaten FF XII yet?

godofthesunn
February 06, 2008, 02:20 PM
Agrias are you a fan of gensiken.. thats a really good anime

Agrias
February 06, 2008, 02:34 PM
There just heartfelt pains, "well-embraced"...

The tears are so great, they swell within her chest >.>

You guys are seeing things. *_*
Whatever. I need to think about a new sig, my period of mourning is over. ;p

By the way, Agrias-chan, have you completely beaten FF XII yet?

Not yet, and i probably won´t play it this year...graduation year, meh hehe ;~
But my boyfriend is playing it, and he´s loving it so far. Although he says he´s stuck in some part...

Agrias are you a fan of gensiken.. thats a really good anime
I absolutely LOVE Genshiken. I re-watched it on the carnival holiday, and finally took the time to watch the ovas and the 2nd season, that i hadn´t watched yet...i´m so sad that it has ended, i felt like the characters were so much like me, the end made me feel like good friends going away ;~~~~~~~~~~
Madarame i miss you! ;____;

(the 2nd season wasn´t as good as the 1st one. But it was nice, anyway. Episode 5 - the yaoi one - was just plain epic. ;p)

Gold Knight
February 06, 2008, 05:55 PM
*Saves your signature before you take it down* That's one I just have to keep, it does give me a good chuckle. ^_^

And yeah, I have to admit I was "seeing things" - I wasn't that familiar with how Agrias' character looked and I didn't realize that was supposed to be a chestplate on there instead of being a gown of some kind, actually. >.> Sorry about that!

I've been playing a lot of FF XII lately. I actually started it two winters ago with some other MH moderators at the time (I remember Ayah, Tammy, and Katy playing it as well - where were all the guys? XD) but at some point I quit, mostly because I was a bit underwhelmed by it. But as a Final Fantasy fanatic, I had to go back to it eventually because I hadn't finished it yet. I'm enjoying it much better this time though - I think because it's actually a relaxing game all things considered, and that's what I really need right now. XD

So far I've defeated 25 marks, I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game (I think) and I have 6 espers. :3

*Goes to watch Naruto Shippuden episodes 44 & 45*

Agrias
February 06, 2008, 10:09 PM
You know what I´m playing? FFT Advance, the GBA one, on my cellphone. I´m kinda late ne? hehe ^^

I´ve always thought it was a stupid childish game that would totally destroy the FFT franchise, but it´s actually pretty good. Childish, but good.

ornis
February 07, 2008, 12:23 AM
Agrias may have a chest plate but it's got enough of a crevice to confuse.

So, tears swell... but within her chestplate :D

And Agrias, no new sig until the laugh is over j/k

Gold Knight
February 07, 2008, 03:39 PM
You know what I´m playing? FFT Advance, the GBA one, on my cellphone. I´m kinda late ne? hehe ^^

I´ve always thought it was a stupid childish game that would totally destroy the FFT franchise, but it´s actually pretty good. Childish, but good.

Hmm, I don't have FFT Advance, but I'm playing FF6 on my Gameboy Advance at school... between classes of course :XD

But I'm wishing I had that Nintendo DS after all because they completely revamped FF4 and it looks great on DS. I'm hoping they do the same for FF5 and FF6. That would be sweeeeet!

And the anime kinda feels slow lately BTW... >_< Do you feel that way?

Agrias
February 07, 2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah...i was even losing my interest on shippuuden, but today´s episode was pretty nice. Sasuke <3
#D

I was saving money for a DS since before chrismas...but now my pc died and i´ll have to fix it. Byebye money. I´ll keep on using my laptop till i gain courage to waste my money on a new motherboard..;(
If FF6 is remade for DS, i´ll sell everything in my house to buy one. #D

(and Xophy introduced me to a certain figure store that made me waste even more money. Meeeh. Haruhi is worth it #D)

Gold Knight
February 08, 2008, 02:02 AM
Haven't seen it yet. I can guess at what scene you're talking about, though. That reminds me, where the hell DID his "intimidating Sharingan stare power" go? He hasn't used it since he looked at Sai funny then. XD

It was like:

Enter Sasuke
*dramatic flourish*
Sai: I think we'll be able to get along just fi-
Sasuke: *death stare*
Sai: I can't, I can't breathe!

Now:
Sasuke meets Itachi
Itachi: have you changed at all? You're still so little! che~
Sasuke: >O

baboysai
February 10, 2008, 05:52 AM
Hello Agrias. just dropping by to give you a :hug :D

Gold Knight
February 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
Me too. :hug

godofthesunn
February 10, 2008, 10:14 PM

me three

thiagojoe
February 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah...i was even losing my interest on shippuuden, but today´s episode was pretty nice. Sasuke <3
#D
hi Agrias!!!
am am not currently watching the anime, but have they got in sasuke's first appearence yet???this is going really fast!!!
i usually prefer manga because the story goes really fast - and there isn't that bunch of fillers like the ones in naruto anime, hehehe!!!

Gold Knight
February 11, 2008, 06:24 PM
Sasuke just appeared behind the large snake monument within Orochimaru's hideout at the end of the last episode. They did a pretty good job of capturing the ominousness of that scene from the manga, I have to say.

I'm wondering whether they'll show more of the great animation that they had at the beginning of the anime, before the first episode, that previewed Sasuke and Naruto meeting for the first time.

thiagojoe
February 12, 2008, 05:49 AM
Sasuke just appeared behind the large snake monument within Orochimaru's hideout at the end of the last episode. They did a pretty good job of capturing the ominousness of that scene from the manga, I have to say.

I'm wondering whether they'll show more of the great animation that they had at the beginning of the anime, before the first episode, that previewed Sasuke and Naruto meeting for the first time.
i also think sasuke's appearance was great in the manga, can't wait to see that in anime!!!

and about that preview, it was really great animation, but i think those who only watch the anime were somewhat confused by that scene. because sasuke would only really appear after dozens of chapters...

Gold Knight
February 12, 2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah that was an interesting move on the animators' part to show that dramatic scene right off the bat.

I think it's just to try to please all the Sasuke fans. They were all obviously aware the Sasuke had just become Japan's most popular character in the series, and they knew Sasuke wouldn't show up until now. I think they made the right choice, it made everybody excited and at least for the first 30 episodes, people were still excited. I think it worked very well in ensuing that Shippuden would continue to carry the torch from the original series.

What do you think Agrias? Don't be shy, say something :3

thiagojoe
February 12, 2008, 07:57 AM
well, i agree it sure instigated them very well... its like the anime-only fans would always be waiting for "will sasuke appear next chapter?"... and even i was surprised to see kabuto was sasori's spy when i read that... i wonder where kabu-oro must be now... maybe he'll try to get madara's body?!? hehehe!!! :-)

Agrias
February 12, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hello Agrias. just dropping by to give you a :hug :D

me three

Awwwww you guys make me feel so loved ;~~)
:love :glomp :hug :wtf

hi Agrias!!!
am am not currently watching the anime, but have they got in sasuke's first appearence yet???this is going really fast!!!
i usually prefer manga because the story goes really fast - and there isn't that bunch of fillers like the ones in naruto anime, hehehe!!!

Manga is nice because the storyline it´s ahead of anime >D And I love to see the art.
But i also really love to see everything animated, with sounds, songs an all :) But i can´t decide which version is my favourite. I guess manga wins, at least at the shippuuden part...

I don´t think they´ll do that again..it was just a small gift to reward us for the end of the fillers #D

I think it's just to try to please all the Sasuke fans. They were all obviously aware the Sasuke had just become Japan's most popular character in the series, and they knew Sasuke wouldn't show up until now. I think they made the right choice, it made everybody excited and at least for the first 30 episodes, people were still excited. I think it worked very well in ensuing that Shippuden would continue to carry the torch from the original series.

What do you think Agrias? Don't be shy, say something :3

It´s very simple: Sasuke sells. ;D

Sorry for being so absent...classes have started, and as it´s my graduation year, they started already in full tilt :(
But i´ll try to be here as much as I can...i wouldn´t be able not to, i´d really miss spending time here ^____^

Gold Knight
February 12, 2008, 08:07 PM
:hug Is everything going better for you now?

Manga absolutely wins for me for Part One AND Shippuden... I'm still a big fanboy of Kishimoto's artistic style if nothing else, and I much prefer to see how it's done in sequential storytelling rather than animation.

Well I guess the fillers were bad enough I can see why they'd try to do something special at the start of Shippuden... XD

Good luck with your classes Dani <3

baboysai
February 13, 2008, 12:21 AM
True. Those fillers should be burned and thrown into oblivion. Horrible! Horrible! And to think they ran for about a year!

Gold Knight
February 13, 2008, 12:43 AM
Hehe, I really wonder sometimes if these fillers do more damage than they do any good for the anime. Is it REALLY necessary to have Naruto and Bleach on-going all year long? They'd probably receive far more attention if the fillers didn't burn out so many of the fans. :darn

thiagojoe
February 13, 2008, 06:15 AM
i don't know about bleach, but naruto's first fillers were kinda nice... but when they begun making a 1,000 short stories outside the original chronology, that really made me angry!!! :-* i mean, they could have shown some stories about jiraya training naruto, kakashi gaiden, etc. not making up useless stories and useless characters!!! and they were really long, i was starting to watch the fillers when shippuuden came out - i did not think, i threw them away!!! eheheheh (although i have a friend who survived watching every single filler!!!)

Agrias, good luck with classes!!! i know it's a tough time... i graduated two years ago in chemical engeneering, but i never stopped studying - i'm applying for a master's degree by the middle of the year. i also work, i don't have time to do many things i like and sometimes i feel like i have no social life, but whatever!!! hehehe :-P And you, what are you studying???

edit: sorry to ask an already answered question... i read you are finishing architecture. are you heading for a trainee job, or waiting to work after you finish studying?

baboysai
February 13, 2008, 08:14 AM
agrias is doing architecture??? I thought I was the only one here! :hug
[hr]
I know that's impossible, but I really don't know anybody else who's an architecture student, or architect here at MH. -_-

Agrias
February 13, 2008, 08:33 AM
agrias is doing architecture??? I thought I was the only one here! :hug
<hr noshade size="1">
I know that's impossible, but I really don't know anybody else who's an architecture student, or architect here at MH. -_-

Seriously?? You too??? How niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! It's always nice to find more people who understand the pains and pleasures of our job, isn't it? Lately, i'm having more pain than pleasure, but that's the way it is. ;p

Are you just starting or finishing already? Are you liking it? How is the course around there?

I just can't wait to the end of the year..;~~)

Agrias, good luck with classes!!! i know it's a tough time... i graduated two years ago in chemical engeneering, but i never stopped studying - i'm applying for a master's degree by the middle of the year. i also work, i don't have time to do many things i like and sometimes i feel like i have no social life, but whatever!!! hehehe :-P And you, what are you studying???

are you heading for a trainee job, or waiting to work after you finish studying?
Chemical engeneering?? My sister is studying that too! She loves it, and is even researching with a teacher...chromatography, something like that. ;p Where do you work, what do you do there? :D

I work in a small architecture office, with visual communication, wayfinding, interior designs and some small buildings and shops. When I graduate, I hope i'll continue working here for a while ^^ I'm thinking about a master's degree, but i dunno if it better to apply for it right after graduating, or if i should wait for a year...i say that because i want a master in visual communication, and there isn't a course like that here, so i'll have to move...kinda troublesome, having work, family and boyfriend here ^^;;

baboysai
February 13, 2008, 08:41 AM
Seriously?? You too??? How niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! It's always nice to find more people who understand the pains and pleasures of our job, isn't it? Lately, i'm having more pain than pleasure, but that's the way it is. ;p

Are you just starting or finishing already? Are you liking it? How is the course around there?

I just can't wait to the end of the year..;~~)

finishing. I've been busy doing my thesis, and I'm doing the finishing touches for the book, since I've just finished with my presentation and defense.

I swear I wanna throw up if I do any CAD again for the next few weeks. :darn

I've heard the courses in other countries is pure design... When we had exchange students from Canada they were surprised we had structural subjects, and higher calculus and stuff.

I do believe that they (the curriculum and the college) are putting too much stuff in our heads! utilities enough make me implode! Wadya say?

Agrias
February 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
finishing. I've been busy doing my thesis, and I'm doing the finishing touches for the book, since I've just finished with my presentation and defense.

I swear I wanna throw up if I do any CAD again for the next few weeks. :darn

I've heard the courses in other countries is pure design... When we had exchange students from Canada they were surprised we had structural subjects, and higher calculus and stuff.

I do believe that they (the curriculum and the college) are putting too much stuff in our heads! utilities enough make me implode! Wadya say?

Well, we have plenty of structural and calculus subjects, but the course focus on building and urban design (urbanism is a big highlight). We have slight knowledge of structure calculus, but i guess i'm not confident about big structures...small ones, like 3-pavement houses, i can handle. ;p

What was your thesis theme? I was kinda unsure about mine, but I have decided my project...I'll restore an old historical museum, and build a modern expansion for it...It will mix architecture, restoration and urban design, i think it'll be cool :)

baboysai
February 13, 2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah that's a nice topic. Restoration is also hot stuff these days. :)

I chose to build up from a beauty salon, making it into a small theme park, hee. Very amusing to conceptualize, but a pain to design. >.< A lot of professors were really skeptic about it (since they were all male LOL), but I was able to pull through with it. What made it a thesis was all the semiotics behind it, and all the gender issues and political stuff. But that was easy, I just had to read up on it. -_-

thiagojoe
February 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
Chemical engeneering?? My sister is studying that too! She loves it, and is even researching with a teacher...chromatography, something like that. ;p Where do you work, what do you do there? :D

I work in a small architecture office, with visual communication, wayfinding, interior designs and some small buildings and shops. When I graduate, I hope i'll continue working here for a while ^^ I'm thinking about a master's degree, but i dunno if it better to apply for it right after graduating, or if i should wait for a year...i say that because i want a master in visual communication, and there isn't a course like that here, so i'll have to move...kinda troublesome, having work, family and boyfriend here ^^;;

Well, i love chemistry; i made a technician course here in rio during high school and after that i enrolled in UERJ for 5 years of chemistry engineering; i like to point that i enjoy more the chemistry than the engineering, but it has a wide variety of jobs. During graduation i used to work inside college in researches, after that i got a job as chemistry technician. Nowadays i work at Petrobras but i'm still having a preliminary formation course for the enterprise. i will only know how the work really is after course, but i'm getting an idea as i'm in 'experiencing state'... if i am able to choose i'll stay in the researching field.

it's funny how people here in brazil think of architects and engineers as rivals, my profession allows me to study not only chemistry but also mechanics, physics, calculus, etc. as much as architects have influences on various subjects. about your master's degree, i would advise you to do it as soon as you can, because people say the older you grow the harder it gets. but i see many older people in my class, so if you feel like waiting, it's not a big deal. my thesis shall be finished by the middle of the year, and doing that BESIDES work is really tough; you must know it as you're studying and working. about you having to move, i think that if you have a dream you should go for it at any costs; and if you stop to think it's at most two years, i believe one can live away from family this period of time. i myself LOVE my family and my girlfriend, but if i have to work far from rio i wouldn't mind, because i know they'll understand - as they love me too. it's not like i'm "severing my bonds" like Sasuke, hehehe!!!

baboysai
February 13, 2008, 11:19 PM
it's funny how people here in brazil think of architects and engineers as rivals

that is quite true. But like a professor of mine said, there should be marriage, not war. And marriage between architecture and engineering can give fruit to the most beautiful feats around the world.

thiagojoe
February 14, 2008, 05:03 AM
that is quite true. But like a professor of mine said, there should be marriage, not war. And marriage between architecture and engineering can give fruit to the most beautiful feats around the world.
totally agree ^_^ !!! i'm gonna ask my girlfriend to study architechture when when we get amrried!!! :-P

baboysai
February 14, 2008, 05:52 AM
awww... :love

Agrias
February 14, 2008, 08:49 AM
Without engineeers, architects would never be able to do build something like this (http://www.dcc.ic.uff.br/~plastino/MUSEU.jpg), or this (http://www.arch.mcgill.ca/prof/sijpkes/D+C-winter-2005/pavillions_concrete/calatrava.jpeg), or this (http://www.wright-house.com/frank-lloyd-wright/fallingwater-pictures/fallingwater-2.jpg).

(meh, Calatrava is not a good example, he's an architect-engineer ;)

The rivalty comes from the shock between the rational thoughts of the engineers and the functional ideas from architects...but it's normal, we always get over it. #D

baboysai
February 14, 2008, 09:51 AM
I was about to mention Calatrava, but yeah, I realized he's both. -_-

Anyway, Agrias, I've kinda decided to do architecture as a sideline and not as a primary career. I opt to do houses and stuff, like as homework. While in the daytime I wanna be a chef! So... I'm thinking of studying Culinary arts after I graduate from architecture..

godofthesunn
February 14, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm almost an engineer by the way...wink wink...not a civil engineer though. I hope both of you ladies make some fine structures in your day.. I would ask for you assistance in my Gundam theises but since i don't need architects to make robotic structures

Agrias
February 14, 2008, 09:57 PM
I was about to mention Calatrava, but yeah, I realized he's both. -_-

Anyway, Agrias, I've kinda decided to do architecture as a sideline and not as a primary career. I opt to do houses and stuff, like as homework. While in the daytime I wanna be a chef! So... I'm thinking of studying Culinary arts after I graduate from architecture..

Chef??? That´s so niiiice!
I don´t want architecture to be my main career also....i like working with graphical design =x In fact, i only hadn´t gone to a industrial design course because there wasn´t one in my city and i had just moved...i think i´d be happier with my professional life now if i had followed that path :(
Meh, i guess i learned to like architecture, after all. ;p

I'm almost an engineer by the way...wink wink...not a civil engineer though. I hope both of you ladies make some fine structures in your day.. I would ask for you assistance in my Gundam theises but since i don't need architects to make robotic structures

Gundam...thesis? Talk about it, please. ;p

baboysai
February 14, 2008, 11:27 PM
Meh, i guess i learned to like architecture, after all. ;p

It grows on students, I guess? It's a cool thing to learn, anyway.
[hr]
and we get to appreciate the built environment like geeks!

thiagojoe
February 15, 2008, 02:24 PM

What Engineering speciality are you studying??? And like Agrias said, what is this Gundam theory???

Gold Knight
February 24, 2008, 08:03 AM
Olá, how are you doing Agrias? :glomp

Agrias
February 24, 2008, 08:37 AM
Olá olá GK :*

I´m totally into my graduation project and some extra work...it´s sunday morning and i was reading about the philosophy of regional museums...very boring, ne? =p

My parents travelled to Rio, and i´m alone at home with my sister and the dog..
Something is not right with my car and i dunno what to do, the mechanic said he´s only coming here wednesday...i´m using my dad´s car instead of mine for a while, but his car is very big and i feel unconfortable driving it...mine is so small, it makes a enormous difference ;p

I watched Juno for the second time yesterday....i´m so in love with the soundtrack. :love

My pc is still broken, and i´m getting tired of my notebook´s keyboard...

i think that´s all ^^;;
[hr]
wow, my sig is soooo outdated. gotta think about a new one.

baboysai
February 24, 2008, 12:01 PM
I wanna watch Juno too, I think it's very interesting... you watched it on the big screen?

Gold Knight
February 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
Is it safe to be "alone" where you are? I guess at least you and your sister have a dog :XD Will he/she chase away any lurking bad guys? ;)

I wasn't too crazy about my museology classes in college. How are the museums around where you are?

I love big cars, the more space the better! But then I'm a big guy :p I love my jeep but it is a bit small for me somehow. At least you have an alternative to your car for the moment to get things done.

What is Juno?

And yeah, it's frustrating to use the keyboard on a laptop. But it's fun to play SNES ROMs on them, on the other hand, lol. You can set the keys so that your hand only have to be on the bottom row to press the commands, and it's comfy playing games on it. :D

Que tenha um bom dia!

Agrias
February 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
I wanna watch Juno too, I think it's very interesting... you watched it on the big screen?

What is Juno?

Yeah, yeah! Then i´ve dld it to watch again and again...and i´m gonna buy the dvd, for sure. It´s already one of my favourite movies <3

GK, Juno is a movie about a teenager that gets pregnant. And...surprise surprise! It´s NOT about a melodramatic confrontation between parents and kids, or about a jerk boyfriend!
It´s just the story of a very honest (and funny) girl. A must see ;~~)

Ah yeah, it was indicated to Oscar :D I hope it wins, although I find it very difficult...the academy only chooses movies no one likes, hehe.

(ops...i remembered lots of good winner movies. shame on me.;p)

Is it safe to be "alone" where you are? I guess at least you and your sister have a dog :XD Will he/she chase away any lurking bad guys? ;)
Hahahaha! Our dog is a coward, poor little Joe #D Once he was totally cornered by a lil angry poodle...hehe ^^;;;

But It´s very safe around here ^^
In fact, Brazil is a lot safer than the newspapers make it look like. Not as much as I´d like to, but not so terrible ;p

I wasn't too crazy about my museology classes in college. How are the museums around where you are?
Small and poor...the best museums are in Rio and São Paulo. Here are only small old museums, each of them for an specific theme. Like Anthropology, or audiovisual, or "story of forró" (a kind of terrible regional music ;p

My project is based on this...i´ll get the best "old and poor museum" and expand it so it gets big and nice and modern, without losing it´s "old building" touch.. :D
(it´s harder said than done, though. ;_;)

I love big cars, the more space the better! But then I'm a big guy :p I love my jeep but it is a bit small for me somehow. At least you have an alternative to your car for the moment to get things done.
For me, smaller ones win :D Easier to park and more economy of gas (in my case, i can choose between gas or alcohol, that´s why i love my car...alcohol is a lot cheaper #D)

Que tenha um bom dia!

It´s already afternoon, so "tenha uma boa tarde!" ;D
:*

godofthesunn
February 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
ahh brazil, my cousin went there once. She said that its probably the most beautiful place shes ever been to compared to hawaii, spain, parts of europe, and Australia..

Agrias your lucky to be in such a beautiful country

Gold Knight
February 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
GK, Juno is a movie about a teenager that gets pregnant. And...surprise surprise! It´s NOT about a melodramatic confrontation between parents and kids, or about a jerk boyfriend!
It´s just the story of a very honest (and funny) girl. A must see ;~~)

Ah yeah, it was indicated to Oscar :D I hope it wins, although I find it very difficult...the academy only chooses movies no one likes, hehe.

(ops...i remembered lots of good winner movies. shame on me.;p)

Like what? XD

You ARE right, they don't usually pick movies that I think actually deserve to win, or it's like politics; they pick the best director, but not necessarily the movie that he directed, because they feel like they need to give it to another movie whose director didn't win.

OK, they did give the Oscar to Return of the King, though...

That reminds me, the Oscars are actually tonight. :XD I guess I'll keep an eye out for this Juno movie you like so much.

Hahahaha! Our dog is a coward, poor little Joe #D Once he was totally cornered by a lil angry poodle...hehe ^^;;;

Wow, a poodle? That's embarrassing. >___> :p

But It´s very safe around here ^^
In fact, Brazil is a lot safer than the newspapers make it look like. Not as much as I´d like to, but not so terrible ;p

That's good to hear. But say if there was a break-in or something, what would you use to protect yourself? Do you have a big baseball bat, or a katana? ;)

Small and poor...the best museums are in Rio and São Paulo. Here are only small old museums, each of them for an specific theme. Like Anthropology, or audiovisual, or "story of forró" (a kind of terrible regional music ;p

While I was in school for history, I found out that the head of our history department was the foremost expert on the history of Brazil. Unfortunately I never did get to take one of his classes before I decided to change my masters, but I thought that was cool. XD

My project is based on this...i´ll get the best "old and poor museum" and expand it so it gets big and nice and modern, without losing it´s "old building" touch.. :D
(it´s harder said than done, though. ;_;)

I remember you saying that, that sounds like a very smart project though. You can do so much more with a museum than any other old building, I think, and get away with it. Just look at the Guggenheim! :XD

Will you be showing us a few drafts? :D

For me, smaller ones win :D Easier to park and more economy of gas (in my case, i can choose between gas or alcohol, that´s why i love my car...alcohol is a lot cheaper #D)

Ugh, yeah, one of the serious drawbacks of my jeep is it guzzles up so much gas. But at the time I brought it, gas was not quite so bad, so I had no way of knowing how bad it would get... :darn

But it's easy to park with my jeep too actually. :D

It´s already afternoon, so "tenha uma boa tarde!" ;D
:*

Me desculpe! Boa tarde :D

sky_soobax
February 24, 2008, 02:45 PM
GK i hurd from my friend that americans are not good in georgraphy is yhis treu and why is it? a bit random sorry :)

Gold Knight
February 24, 2008, 04:23 PM
It's true that most Americans are geographically challenged. Most of us don't even know what all the 50 states are in our own country, much less what's out there in the rest of the world, besides vaguely knowing where Paris and London and Australia are... though we're beginning to be much more aware of the rest of the world after we went to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Anyway this is Agrias' thread, you should ask questions about Brazilians here ;)

thiagojoe
February 25, 2008, 07:08 AM
Olá olá GK :*

I´m totally into my graduation project and some extra work...it´s sunday morning and i was reading about the philosophy of regional museums...very boring, ne? =p

My parents travelled to Rio, and i´m alone at home with my sister and the dog..
Something is not right with my car and i dunno what to do, the mechanic said he´s only coming here wednesday...i´m using my dad´s car instead of mine for a while, but his car is very big and i feel unconfortable driving it...mine is so small, it makes a enormous difference ;p

I watched Juno for the second time yesterday....i´m so in love with the soundtrack. :love

My pc is still broken, and i´m getting tired of my notebook´s keyboard...

i think that´s all ^^;;
<hr noshade size="1">
wow, my sig is soooo outdated. gotta think about a new one.

good luck in your project, i think anything is boring when you like it, but some times colege work feels like 'a pain in the ass'... i enjoy visiting muesums too, and here in rio there are some good museums... oh, and i like 'forró' - only to dance, though :)

So you're home alone with a sister and a dog??? have a party!!! hehehe i also believe here in rio things are sometimes less dangerous as media makes it look like, although we always have to keep an eye out in the streets - but just like somewhere else in the world.

i would love to watch juno, i didn't have a chance to watch this weekend, maybe next - too bad it did'nt get the best movie oscar, bu the writer got a prize!!! :)

baboysai
February 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
Is it true that in Brazil you have a lot of helicopters, and almost every building has a helipad, and that helicopters can be hired as "cabs" because of the traffic??

thiagojoe
February 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
Is it true that in Brazil you have a lot of helicopters, and almost every building has a helipad, and that helicopters can be hired as "cabs" because of the traffic??

it happens, in São Paulo, a city which has the worst traffic and millions of cars; here in Rio helicopters are less common, and in other cities there aren't very much.

godofthesunn
February 25, 2008, 01:06 PM
What is the temperature in brazil this time of year?

thiagojoe
February 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
here in rio it's about 25 to 30 °C (average temperature). somedays we get even 38°C this year.
in fortaleza, where Agrias lives, i believe it's a bit hotter, and the temperature is almost constant during the year because it's nearer to the equator line.

Agrias
February 25, 2008, 05:41 PM

it happens, in São Paulo, a city which has the worst traffic and millions of cars; here in Rio helicopters are less common, and in other cities there aren't very much.

I´d say....this "helicopter cabs" are very, very rare, most common in São Paulo, but very rare anyway. Just for veeeery rich corporation presidents and things like that ;p
But i´ve worked in 2 projects with helipads myself...but they´re corporate buildings. Not every building have a helipad, it´s rare. ;p I´ve never heard of this "helicopter" fame before...funny ^^;;

What is the temperature in brazil this time of year?
It´s hot in winter, then it gets hot on spring,then it´s hell like in summer, and then hot again in autumn. ;~~~
I HATE SWEATING! ;___;

godofthesunn
February 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but you grasp of English is excellent. Do they teach English in schools. Additionally i know you speak Portuguese.. thus making you trilingual perhaps quad lingual if you speak Japanese.

I'm considering vacationing in Brazil.. would you say that one must know Spanish or Portuguese?

thiagojoe
February 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
I´ve never heard of this "helicopter" fame before...funny ^^;;

I HATE SWEATING! ;___;
this 'heli'-fame is new to me too; i believe the one who started this talk or whoever told baboysai might have been only in São Paulo... ^_^

and about wheather, i hate sweating too!! :-P i'd rather live in antartica, but there's no job for me there now... :(

godofthesunn
February 25, 2008, 07:03 PM
this 'heli'-fame is new to me too; i believe the one who started this talk or whoever told baboysai might have been only in São Paulo... ^_^

and about wheather, i hate sweating too!! :-P i'd rather live in antartica, but there's no job for me there now... :(

People live in antartica?

Agrias
February 25, 2008, 07:27 PM
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but you grasp of English is excellent. Do they teach English in schools. Additionally i know you speak Portuguese.. thus making you trilingual perhaps quad lingual if you speak Japanese.

I'm considering vacationing in Brazil.. would you say that one must know Spanish or Portuguese?
Really? Thanks a lot ^^; My english is not sooo good, though...i really have trouble when trying to say some things, and my grammar is poor ^^;

Actually, english is an obligatory in school; spanish isn´t, and I don´t know a single word of spanish ^^;
Portuguese is our only official language. People misunderstand this because portuguese and spanish are both derived from latin, what makes them kinda similar - but not so much...in fact,they´re very different ^^; I can´t blame anyone for not knowing this, though...i guess Brazil is the only country in Latin America that doesn´t have spanish as an official language, or even as a "side" language :p

And I don´t speak japanese also, but i´d really like to....and i´d love to learn german and suomi, they´re beautiful languages. People say that people who are able to speak fluent portuguese are able to learn any language very easily, so it´s worth a try^^

Ah, come visit us ^^ Just with english you´ll be alright most of the time :)

People live in antartica?
I guess yes....our president was visiting them last week, hehe #D

Gold Knight
February 25, 2008, 07:30 PM
My first Brazilian friend also knew Japanese, you guys must be good at languages down there, heh ;)

Agrias
February 25, 2008, 07:38 PM
My first Brazilian friend also knew Japanese, you guys must be good at languages down there, heh ;)

They say we only lose for germans and scandinavians in this area...i guess if your language is difficult, easier it will be to learn the easier ones....portuguese is VERY difficult, believe me. Much, much more than spanish.

(and i chose exaclty the difficult ones, german and suomi ¬¬)

baboysai
February 26, 2008, 06:27 AM

ahahaha but I saw it on discovery channel (I think :shakefist) wow. they can lie. amazing. :XD

spanish isn´t, and I don´t know a single word of spanish ^^;

wait, I'm confused. So what language do you speak in Brazil?? :darn I always thought it was spanish. -_-

Agrias
February 26, 2008, 06:42 AM
Just portuguese =]

thiagojoe
February 26, 2008, 06:54 AM
Really? Thanks a lot ^^; My english is not sooo good, though...i really have trouble when trying to say some things, and my grammar is poor ^^;

Actually, english is an obligatory in school; spanish isn´t, and I don´t know a single word of spanish ^^;
Portuguese is our only official language. People misunderstand this because portuguese and spanish are both derived from latin, what makes them kinda similar - but not so much...in fact,they´re very different ^^; I can´t blame anyone for not knowing this, though...i guess Brazil is the only country in Latin America that doesn´t have spanish as an official language, or even as a "side" language :p

And I don´t speak japanese also, but i´d really like to....and i´d love to learn german and suomi, they´re beautiful languages. People say that people who are able to speak fluent portuguese are able to learn any language very easily, so it´s worth a try^^

Ah, come visit us ^^ Just with english you´ll be alright most of the time :)

Your english is not really poor, i believe we (brazilians) just get in trouble because we lack conversation pratice. for example, i practice writing here in the forums and reading through the mangas (and also scientific arcticles), but i don't really listen or talk in english for a loooong time. i believe this is a major drawback, and when people visit some english-speaking country this practice is so current that it's almost natural. Your english is really nice and clear to me ^_^ !!!

i believe that nowadays students in secondary school may choose english or spanish, but i'm not sure. when i went to school there was only english... but i believe i prefer english because it's more simple ^_^

i would like to learn japanese and german as well; but i think the first will be tougher because of the ideograms - it's like learning a new alphabet, isn't that?

and in brazil (i prefer to write brasil, hehehe) touristic places always have english speakers (and other languages too) to help out foreign people, so it's not something to worry!!! :)

godofthesunn
March 05, 2008, 07:04 PM
Agrias has posted some spoilers.. I'm so proud of her.. perhaps you can find the johot chinese scan early.. no pressure

Agrias
March 05, 2008, 08:38 PM
I just saw them on NarutoFan, it wasn´t a big deal ;p

thiagojoe
March 06, 2008, 06:27 AM
Some spoilers are easily viewable on internet forums, but do you know how do people get things from 2ch.net? i mean, all the site is in japanese, someone who doesn't read jap would be lost (like me :))

hatsuharupeace
March 10, 2008, 06:53 AM
Hey, happy birthday Agrias!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

baboysai
March 10, 2008, 10:35 AM
Agrias? Today's your birthday??? :hug

godofthesunn
March 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
No wei, I must be third to congragulate Argrias, Happy Birthday and many more!!!!

Agrias
March 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks a lot everyone ^______^ My day is being great so far ^_____________^
I had 2 surprise parties! :D

patedecarne
March 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
"parabens pra voce
eu só vim pra comer
O presente que é bom
esqueci de trazer", huahauahua

happy birthday, my dear Agrias, how about a little patê in your party? well, every type of patê but "pate de carne", you know...
it's really weird to mix Portuguese and English!

Now, time to some cake, hehe

Gold Knight
March 10, 2008, 10:09 PM
:strip

Happy birthday! :hug

baboysai
March 11, 2008, 05:46 AM
how did the parties go? any strippers? :p

Agrias
March 11, 2008, 06:45 AM
Aaaaw hahahaha! It was perfect! In the end, i had THREE surprise parties! :~~~~)
Thanks a lot everyone ;D
I'll post some photos later ^____^

hatsuharupeace
March 11, 2008, 06:55 AM
Three?! How'd you manage all of them?? They were at different times, right??

ITACHIWIFE
March 11, 2008, 06:55 AM
happy belated birthday!

Agrias
March 11, 2008, 06:59 AM
My bosses made the first one at work, at morning :D
Then, in lunchtime, my friend asked me to have lunch with her before going to uni...and then there was another party, at the shopping mall, with cake, balloons and everything hehe^^

After class, i went home...and then there was the biggest one :D My mother, sister and my boyfriend invited my closest friends...and my sister even made lots of paper decorations, everything was so cute ;~)

It was one of my best birthdays, and it was on a monday! ^^

godofthesunn
March 11, 2008, 11:12 AM
Brazilians know how to celebrate properly

thiagojoe
March 11, 2008, 04:58 PM
My bosses made the first one at work, at morning :D
Then, in lunchtime, my friend asked me to have lunch with her before going to uni...and then there was another party, at the shopping mall, with cake, balloons and everything hehe^^

After class, i went home...and then there was the biggest one :D My mother, sister and my boyfriend invited my closest friends...and my sister even made lots of paper decorations, everything was so cute ;~)

It was one of my best birthdays, and it was on a monday! ^^
congrats on your birthday, sorry i'm late but i'm REALLY busy in my work and i haven't had time to come in the forums. and i won't have for a long time...:(
any way, happiness and joy for you and your loved ones, long life and peace for you!!!

Gold Knight
March 11, 2008, 05:10 PM
Sounds awesome, Dani! It seems like you're rather popular to have THREE surprise parties. (I've never had one, lol.)

godofthesunn
March 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
I like the new avatar/sig

Agrias
March 14, 2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks a lot ^^
1st time i try to make something nice...i like it too ^^

the picture comes from the cover of a h-doujin The pic is nice, isn´t it? :D

Gold Knight
March 14, 2008, 05:29 PM
I like the ava/sig too :D

Figures it'd come from a doujin though :p

thiagojoe
March 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks a lot ^^
1st time i try to make something nice...i like it too ^^

the picture comes from the cover of a h-doujin The pic is nice, isn´t it? :D
i liked these pics too. it looks a little more mature than the old one, looks like agrias is growing up... nice drawing!!!

godofthesunn
March 25, 2008, 04:12 PM
What have you been up to Agrias as of late, I haven't seen you around MH as much

Agrias
March 25, 2008, 07:23 PM
I´ve been travelling in the easter´s holiday ^^ But i´m back....a little busy with college things this week, but here at least for some minutes everyday =] Thanks for caring ;*

thiagojoe
March 25, 2008, 07:49 PM
We do care 'bout you!!! good luck in your college studies!!!

baboysai
March 26, 2008, 12:45 AM
When will you be graduating, Agri-chan?

Agrias
March 26, 2008, 11:02 AM
Only in november/december....i still have one whole year of suffering ahead ^^;;;;

thiagojoe
March 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
never miss the objective: work hard and you'll be rewarded!!! good luck!!!

baboysai
March 28, 2008, 09:39 PM
Indeed.

How's your thesis coming along?

Agrias
March 30, 2008, 04:21 PM
Rather slowly, after the arrival of the Nintendo DS. =x #D~~~~~~

baboysai
March 30, 2008, 07:34 PM
That's a hindrance indeed, or should I say, a source for inspiration? :XD While I was doing mine it was "peak of MH activity" lol.

Agrias
March 31, 2008, 08:54 AM
I guess that the "peak of MH activity" counts as an hindrance for me too. But i just love MH so much #D

I guess i´ll have to ask for a ban by the end of the year, when things are going to get hard. #D~~~~

baboysai
March 31, 2008, 09:14 AM
I thought about that too, but I could really do it. Which mod was it who requested to ban herself again?

thiagojoe
March 31, 2008, 06:18 PM
I guess that the "peak of MH activity" counts as an hindrance for me too. But i just love MH so much #D

I guess i´ll have to ask for a ban by the end of the year, when things are going to get hard. #D~~~~
i'm also facing this problem somehow, my thesis for mater's degree is due (definitely) in July, and i don't have half of it written. so sometimes i punish myself by not playing around, not spending too much time on internet, things like these. but somethings i never stop doing are dating and reading my weekly/monthly manga, hehehe!!!
i guess it's not that hard to set yourself limits. but it's always easier when someone else does it ^_^ !!!

tidcac
April 04, 2008, 10:49 PM
Rather slowly, after the arrival of the Nintendo DS. =x #D~~~~~~

the ds just arrived in brazil ?!?!

Agrias
April 04, 2008, 10:59 PM
No, it has just arrived in my home, thanks to my boyfriend. ;p

Gold Knight
April 05, 2008, 12:57 PM
I thought about that too, but I could really do it. Which mod was it who requested to ban herself again?

Katy does it the most frequently here, Eileen started the tradition, eni does it sometimes lately, and I've succumbed to doing it every now and then too :p

It's the only cure to "MH obsession." But it's not really so much a ban as it is just now removing all ability to "write on" the forums while you're logged on your name. Can still see the forums when logged out and download, though.

Nami
April 06, 2008, 11:54 AM
All of you should go for self-control lessons or some therapy to learn how to rotate your life around MH:kukuku

Agrias!!! I have never asked you this before, but what do you think is the greatest architecture work so far? Or maybe which building do you 'admired' most?

baboysai
April 06, 2008, 12:08 PM
Ah. Interesting question, Nami-san! I'd like to hear the answer to that too! ^^

Agrias
April 06, 2008, 02:52 PM
This is such a difficult question ;____; There are so many!

http://www.gaudidesigner.com/data/article/16.jpg

Sagrada Familia by Gaudi, in Barcelona, is one of my favourite ones. The incredible mathematic studies Gaudi had to do to build it - when no one even dreamed about computers - are awesome! That church is more than architecture....it´s a sculpture, and it´s...totally human labor and love! I just can´t explain it. ;~ When I think about it, I feel guilty for bashing Autocad. The guy made it all with paper and his hands, for god´s sake! ;~~~~)

Gaudi started to build it in 1882, spent all his life on it, died without seeing the complete work...and it hasn´t been finished till today, people are still working on it! It almost brings tears to my eyes, i hope someday I can visit it. Just perfect. Gaudi > all. ;~~)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Brazil.Brasilia.01.jpg
http://img.olhares.com/data/big/74/741884.jpg
http://www.olhao.com.br/images/materias/122007/aq_catedral_a_noite.jpg
http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/23593/catedral2.jpg

Not just because I´m brazilian, but I think that Oscar Niemeyer´s work is top notch. I love each of his buildings, and I can´t just choose one...but as I was talking about churches today, I couldn´t let this one out.

Once again, no computers involved. Oh my, i think I´d never be an architect if I was born some 50 years ago...#D

I´ve never been to Brasilia, it´s kinda far away from where I live...but I really wish to go there, it´s the 1st modern planned city of the world...Niemeyer worked hard on it, and almost all of his famous projects are there.

I love this cathedral for many reasons, but what really caught my heart is the way Niemayer plays with our feelings. By the images, you can see that the cathdral stays alone in the middle of a plateau. You can´t see the entrance.

They say the entrance is a small opening on the floor. You walk some meters in a small corridor with dim light - kind of a claustrophobic feeling. Then you go up a little....and bang! A explosion of light comes from the vitrals, and you end up in the enormous main room.

Niemeyer said he made this in purpose. As we walk in the dark corridor, our pupils dilact so we can get more light and see better. Then, suddenly you enter the bright main room, and you get almost blinded by the light! #D He said this is the feeling he wanted us to have, when entering a sacred place...outside, the world is dark and opressing; inside, everything is big and full of light...ethereal, holy.

I don´t think i´ll ever be able to provoke sensations in people...this is art, only for geniuses ;~~

Hm...gotta go back to my work, i´m detailing a bathroom. Wow. I wonder if Niemeyer detailed many bathrooms when he was a student. At least I have Autocad ;____;

I´ll show more of my favourite works later ^^ You girls should show some of your favorites also, maybe i don´t know them! =]

baboysai
April 06, 2008, 07:53 PM
Ah! Sagrada familia! Great choice there, Agri-chan. And all other architects can't actually dare finish the project because it is unmatched and peerless.

I like Tadao Ando best. His architecture is so subtle and gentle, yet masculine.

thiagojoe
April 07, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hm...gotta go back to my work, i´m detailing a bathroom. Wow. I wonder if Niemeyer detailed many bathrooms when he was a student. At least I have Autocad ;____;
detailing bathrooms must be really difficult, it's a small space with lots of details... what do you think is the hardest part of your work as an architect???

leoangelo
April 08, 2008, 11:22 AM
Hey, Agrias!

I don't like buildings and I don't like architecture whatsoever. But I'd like to start liking it. Do you know any mangas about architecture? :D :D

Agrias
April 08, 2008, 11:29 AM
detailing bathrooms must be really difficult, it's a small space with lots of details... what do you think is the hardest part of your work as an architect???
Detailing bathrooms is easy, it´s just boring ;p

The most difficult part is starting the projects, it takes lots of days and in the end everything could turn out to be pretty bad, and so we got to start all over....

Hey, Agrias!

I don't like buildings and I don't like architecture whatsoever. But I'd like to start liking it. Do you know any mangas about architecture? :D :D

Ha ha. >D

Hey guys, that´s Leo, my "real life" best friend. He´s also an architecture student, and he loves to joke around and bother me. As we would say over here, ele adora frescar com a minha cara. #D I guess he signed up just for that. #D

baboysai
April 08, 2008, 11:58 AM
Hee, that's a feat, signing up just to bug you, Agri-chan. >.>

thiagojoe
April 08, 2008, 07:10 PM
Detailing bathrooms is easy, it´s just boring ;p

The most difficult part is starting the projects, it takes lots of days and in the end everything could turn out to be pretty bad, and so we got to start all over....

i believe it's just like we engineers, when we have to begin some new project; one of the most difficult issues we have to go through is lack of data...

mangas about architechture was funny :tem

Gold Knight
April 08, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hee, that's a feat, signing up just to bug you, Agri-chan. >.>

It happens to the best of us (It's happened to me and it's happened to Anax, I guess Agrias is the third mod now to be picked on by an IRL friend, lol.)

Xophien
April 10, 2008, 05:01 AM
Two of my IRL friends are registered on MH as well but none of them actually got around to pick on me (the threats worked well, I guess >.>)

My wife! Have you seen the most recent news about Slayers Revolution (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-10/slayers-revolution-tv-series-website-opens)? It should make your day as much as it made mine :nuts

Agrias
April 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
NO XELLOS!!!!!
^________________________________^

*dances around*

Linalinalinalina \o/

Thank you hubby. ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

baboysai
April 10, 2008, 12:06 PM
I wonder if you play DoTA, Agri-chan. Because they did a custom hero with Lina Inverse as the inspiration.

Agrias
April 10, 2008, 12:11 PM
I heard about this! I always wanted to play DoTA, but i had no one to play with :(

baboysai
April 10, 2008, 12:16 PM
You can actually play with me, agri-chan. But I haven't played in months due to my thesis. But I think i still got it going if i should brush up a bit. :nuts

Agrias
April 10, 2008, 07:22 PM
Weeee so I´m going to install Warcraft again. :D You gotta tell me where to find the dota maps and what to do with them, i´ve never played it before #D But it looks really fun ^^

Talking about playing online...i really want to play Mario Kart DS online. Gotta save money for a router...;~~

Gold Knight
April 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
Bah! Install Guild Wars. It's free monthly subscription >__<

Agrias
April 10, 2008, 07:28 PM
My video card sweats while i´m playing Warcraft GK....i think the frame rate for Guild Wars would be something like a frame per minute here ^^;;

The only thing that runs smoothly here is....Ultima Online...........2D. #D

There are lots of pc games i´d like to play, but unfortunaly i have to make a big upgrade before even trying ;(

Gold Knight
April 10, 2008, 07:34 PM
Move to America and be my neighbor. Solves all your problems there. ;D

Agrias
April 10, 2008, 07:36 PM
America doesn´t want brazilians even as a tourists, i don´t think they would like me moving there ^^;;;;

Gold Knight
April 10, 2008, 07:58 PM
Hey one of my professors was a Brazilian :p She's happily married to an American and they're living a life of paradise here.

baboysai
April 10, 2008, 08:43 PM
there's only one dota map, agri-chan. you can google it up. :p

Nami
April 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
This is such a difficult question ;____; There are so many!

http://www.gaudidesigner.com/data/article/16.jpg

Sagrada Familia by Gaudi, in Barcelona, is one of my favourite ones. The incredible mathematic studies Gaudi had to do to build it - when no one even dreamed about computers - are awesome! That church is more than architecture....it´s a sculpture, and it´s...totally human labor and love! I just can´t explain it. ;~ When I think about it, I feel guilty for bashing Autocad. The guy made it all with paper and his hands, for god´s sake! ;~~~~)

Gaudi started to build it in 1882, spent all his life on it, died without seeing the complete work...and it hasn´t been finished till today, people are still working on it! It almost brings tears to my eyes, i hope someday I can visit it. Just perfect. Gaudi > all. ;~~)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Brazil.Brasilia.01.jpg
http://img.olhares.com/data/big/74/741884.jpg
http://www.olhao.com.br/images/materias/122007/aq_catedral_a_noite.jpg
http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/23593/catedral2.jpg

Not just because I´m brazilian, but I think that Oscar Niemeyer´s work is top notch. I love each of his buildings, and I can´t just choose one...but as I was talking about churches today, I couldn´t let this one out.

Hey, the Gaudi's building is impressive. I'm not sure what style do you call that - gothic? But these are the kind of buildings that i prefer anytime over the modern clean look buildings these days, which means, i can't relate to the second style that you've show here. And you are right!! It's totally amazing how did they ever do those complicated buildings without using autocad at all.

The one 'building' that always make me wonder is the pyramids. How did they ever do that?? Elephants? Triangle wheels? Labour?! What's your theory on it? :amuse

Agrias
April 11, 2008, 07:32 PM
My video card sweats while i´m playing Warcraft GK....i think the frame rate for Guild Wars would be something like a frame per minute here ^^;;

The only thing that runs smoothly here is....Ultima Online...........2D. #D

There are lots of pc games i´d like to play, but unfortunaly i have to make a big upgrade before even trying ;(

Quoting myself because my pc has just died ;_;
[hr]

The one 'building' that always make me wonder is the pyramids. How did they ever do that?? Elephants? Triangle wheels? Labour?! What's your theory on it? :amuse

Slaves. Lots of them. #D~~

thiagojoe
April 11, 2008, 08:05 PM
Quoting myself because my pc has just died ;_;

Slaves. Lots of them. #D~~

so sorry for your pc... when our pc isn't quite good, it's a shame, but it's still working; when it 'dies' it's even more awful...

your theory about the pyramids is good, i agree with that.:p people create crazy theories about aliens and incredible machines when everything can be done with muscles...

baboysai
April 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
Hey, the Gaudi's building is impressive. I'm not sure what style do you call that - gothic?

I believe it's Art Nouveau, Nami-san.

your theory about the pyramids is good, i agree with that.:p people create crazy theories about aliens and incredible machines when everything can be done with muscles...
Speaking of pyramids, that was my term paper in high school. Quite entertaining paper to do, really. It's a testament to human ingenuity, and of course, slavery hehehe. But if I remember correctly, egyptians themselves were involved in the making, and were quite dedicated about it too, because of their beliefs.

godofthesunn
April 17, 2008, 11:35 PM
America doesn´t want brazilians even as a tourists, i don´t think they would like me moving there ^^;;;;

Thats a sad thing to say.. yet perhaps true.. America the Brittania of cg.

Well since you and bb are future architects I'd thought I'd mention my thoughts on it. Basically, my grasp of architecture is that you guys design beautiful buildings but I feel that alot of times we forget about the old beautiful buildings. I know when I travel I've seen alot of amazing structures but yet other that are old and diminshed. If only we could focus on restoration of buildings instead of new all the time, I think things would be better.

baboysai
April 18, 2008, 01:46 AM
Gots, it actually depends on the architect. There are some who specialize in Restoration all their life, like my professor (who teaches historical architecture, btw).

And am I right in recalling that Agri-chan's thesis was restoration as well? Or adaptive reuse something?

Agrias
April 18, 2008, 09:10 AM
Thats a sad thing to say.. yet perhaps true.. America the Brittania of cg.

Well since you and bb are future architects I'd thought I'd mention my thoughts on it. Basically, my grasp of architecture is that you guys design beautiful buildings but I feel that alot of times we forget about the old beautiful buildings. I know when I travel I've seen alot of amazing structures but yet other that are old and diminshed. If only we could focus on restoration of buildings instead of new all the time, I think things would be better.

Gots, it actually depends on the architect. There are some who specialize in Restoration all their life, like my professor (who teaches historical architecture, btw).

And am I right in recalling that Agri-chan's thesis was restoration as well? Or adaptive reuse something?

As babo said, my graduation work will be about restoration ^^ We can't just forget the old buildings...each building is a living proof of our existence and knowledge at the time :) What would we think of the egyptians if there weren´t the pyramids? :)

New architecture is good also. We can't just keep on repeating what has been already done just for the sake of the "old times"...in the future, people should look back at our architecture and think "wow, at that time, with that technology, they could do nice things like this!" just like we think about the pyramids ^^

I´ve got a real bad flu and i´m home for 3 days now -_- I have so much to do, but my sickness didn´t let me work on anything...so I spent all my time playing Phoenix Wright and watching Code Geass. XD

thiagojoe
April 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
I´ve got a real bad flu and i´m home for 3 days now -_- I have so much to do, but my sickness didn´t let me work on anything...so I spent all my time playing Phoenix Wright and watching Code Geass. XD
Hope you get well soon, i had a flu or sth like that two weeks ago, but mine wasn't that strong... it was even lighter than i thought because here in Rio de Janeiro the epidemia of Dengue Fever (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever) is a tough illness, even my sister had it...

Agrias
April 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
I was really afraid it being dengue, i went to the doctor and all ;/ But i guess its just my sinusithis saying "hi", unfortunately...

baboysai
April 18, 2008, 08:32 PM
that's good news, Agri-chan! :glomp dengue is pH34r isn't it? :s

Agrias
April 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, they say dengue makes you REALLY suffer ;/

I just finished Code Geass. I´m in shock. o_o

baboysai
April 18, 2008, 09:14 PM
I just finished Code Geass. I´m in shock. o_o

kyaaaaa so what do you think of it? Who's your favorite character? (still Suzaku?) Do you wanna move on to R2?

Agrias
April 18, 2008, 09:24 PM
I must admit the last episodes were breathtaking. I'm sure looking forward to R2, but i guess i'll wait till more episodes come out, so i can watch all of them in a row like i did now ^^

I couldn't fall in love any character though...i still liked Suzaku, even more after THAT thing. But I can´t say i love him, nor any other character...

I usually measure my love for characters when I want to buy a figure of them. In this case, I´d love a figure of...Lancelot, because it looks cool and nothing more. ;/

(Hm...a Kallen figure would be nice also. She was my favorite female char...but i can't say i really like her either ^^; )

Pirulito
May 12, 2008, 11:59 AM
So..bah, just ask me anything if you wish. ;p

Do you love me? :XD
Just kidding, you don't need to answer. I´m afraid the answer. ^^

But I couldn't leave the oportunity offered by the quote above. I piss you off, huh?

Well, I'm just spending my time around.

I like the title of your thread.

patedecarne
May 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
Pirulito Pirulito, remember my words: Don't give up, even if the battle today is finished, tomorrow is a new day, live for tomorrow and fight, don't ever forget about it, hauahua!!!

Agrias
May 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
Even with Pirulito bashing Kishi and pate bashing Sasuke, you guys live in my heart anyway. <3

Sasuke and Itachi take the major part of it, though.

No arguing. u_u

Pirulito
May 13, 2008, 04:56 PM
patedecarne and I will begin a revolution inside your heart. These Uchihas are occuping so much space and I suffer claustrophobia, :loool

And your tears of shame, how are it? they?

Agrias
May 13, 2008, 07:12 PM
They´re proud tears now that i know that my Itachi was a good guy. All my fangirl dreams are coming to life. <33

All I need now is Sasuke getting Sakura pregnant, then Naruto may end and die. XD

meh, chances are near zero, i know. ;_;

baboysai
May 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
you can't!! Sakura is meant to be a Hokage's wife! :yelling

Agrias
May 13, 2008, 09:54 PM

BB!!!!!!!!! YOU BROKE THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE!!!! YOU MENTIONED THIS GODDAMN DISGUSTING PAIRING HERE!

NOW SUFFER MY WRATH!!!

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9528/iloveeggsmcopywz2.png

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! PH333R HIM!!! CRY! RUN AWAY IN DESPAIR!!!! THE EVIL EGG WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!

u_u.

Xophien
May 14, 2008, 03:16 AM
Agri-chan is cute when she's angry :love (but since Norauto will never become Hokage, what BBS-chan said has no chance of ever happening anyway >.>)

patedecarne
May 14, 2008, 06:49 AM
patedecarne and I will begin a revolution inside your heart. These Uchihas are occuping so much space and I suffer claustrophobia, :loool

And your tears of shame, how are it? they?

Ok then pirulito, Itachi and Sasuke vs both of us, and after the fight, finally Agrinhas will forget them, and from that point, its up to you to take the love from our beloved Holy Knight;

But I help you as much as I can in this task, trust me, hahahaa!!!

And the tears of shame will become tears of joy when the things get finally settled!

Agrias
May 14, 2008, 09:50 AM
Agri-chan is cute when she's angry :love (but since Norauto will never become Hokage, what BBS-chan said has no chance of ever happening anyway >.>)
My hubby! No one will ever be as cute as you are! <3
Naruto will become Hokage for sure! But then I'll be 40, and a mother of 2 kids (named Sasuke and Itachi or Konata and Haruhi...not.)! They´ll be the ones who´ll give me the news. :p

Ok then pirulito, Itachi and Sasuke vs both of us, and after the fight, finally Agrinhas will forget them, and from that point, its up to you to take the love from our beloved Holy Knight;

But I help you as much as I can in this task, trust me, hahahaa!!!

And the tears of shame will become tears of joy when the things get finally settled!
He'll have to fight my knight in shining armor hubby before. XD
(I forgot....i think I´m the knight in this story. Xophy has other PVC 3D girlfriends to defend. =x)

Here, fight me >D I'll holy explode you guys to another dimension for what you said about my loved emo guys! >D

Xophien
May 14, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'm the knight in shining otaku t-shirt. I'll protect my so-great-she's-almost-a-2D-character wife to the death! :oh (and especially to the death of you guys :pleased)

Pirulito
May 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hubby!? What advanced relationship *my killing intentions to Xophien*

Well, the truth is since Agrias sai that she would kick my ass if we lived together because I frequently bash Kishimoto Sasuke fanboy, I've been looking for another love.

But I'm still jealous. Hell, I lost to a brat with red eyes who just talk about his hatred. God, Agrias needs to purify her heart. That's the why I will make a revolution.

patedecarne
May 15, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'll help you, Pirulito, until the very end... I won't ever rest until that day, when both of you will be in a church, loving each other forever;

Ha, nor even Sasuke or Itachi wouldn't do a thing to stop it, you can trust me...

Xophien
May 15, 2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry guys, but you're too late :p Agri-chan is my wife~ And she never kicks my ass despite me being an Uchiha basher >.> See, she loves me more than you :pleased

Agrias
May 15, 2008, 12:20 PM
Xophy-kuuun <3
*sees bubbles and sakura blossons around*

Oh my, suddenly I feel like a shoujo character. xD

Yeah guys...Xophy has that french otaku gentleman charm and loves Lina Inverse as much as I do. Sorry. xD

Erm...I´m a holy knight, this just doesn't fit. I´m not worth the trouble....and this fight lacks some blood. \,,/_ u_u

Pirulito
May 15, 2008, 01:08 PM
patedecarne, you're a good friend who supports me too much. But I feel, it's time for my retreat.
Xophien´s words was too strong.

But I will never forget the day Agrias touched my heart when she taught me how to use spoiler tags. My first spoiler tag was a confession of love. Do you know how romantic it's is?lol

Another love will appear to me, I'm sure.

patedecarne
May 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
No, Pirulito, are you giving up already? Don't waste all the efforts put in until this day; Even if Xophien's words are strong, you must train to become stronger, look:

Naruto will become a Hokage, but he doesn't know how; the only thing he knows is that one day, his final goal will be reached;

Think about it: you don't know how, but someday you'll be at Agrias's side, and I'll support you until then;

I'll support you because Agrias already has so many competitors, and you're the one I chose to help;

Besides, I have another objective in my mind, and isn't Agrias, then don't worry!

Xophien
May 15, 2008, 01:49 PM
My name is Xophien, king of otakus, Danchou of the SWOKY brigade, leader of the anti-Seiya and pro-Lina factions. Though the bond I share with my queen Agrias can't be challenged, those foolish enough to do so shall perish under my blade of sarcasm and the power of my PVC army :oh