PDA

View Full Version : Seniority of the SS Captains & Implications on Their Strength

Zeus-Tails
November 07, 2007, 04:42 AM
Okay, I just want to give my input on how powerful the captains are at this stage in the game and relate that to the power of Ichigo and the Espadas.

First, I'd like to emphasize a detail in the manga. When Aizen, Tousen and Gin left, there were 5 remaining senior captains and 5 remaining non-senior captains.

Seniors:
Yamamoto
Shunsui
Ukitake
Unohana
Mayuri

Non-Seniors:
Kenpachi
Byakuya
Soi Fon
Hitsugaya
Komamura

And the rescue squad is comprised of 2 Senior captains and 2 Non-Senior captains. I believe that these 4 captains are the middle ground. They are in-between the weakest and the strongest captains. Yamamoto probably sent them because he needed someone to be strong enough to retrieve Ichigo N Pals and fight off any Espada around, but he didn't need to send the strongest because it would be unnecessary overkill.

The remaining captains are Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake, Soi Fon, Hitsugaya and Komamura. The remaining senior captains, Yamamoto, Shunsui and Ukitake, are obviously the strongest with Soi Fon, Hitsugaya and Komamura being the weakest of the captains.

[Side Note: Before you guys rant about Soi Fon having shikai that can kill when swiped twice, think for a second. It's easy to hit someone once, but very hard to hit them in exactly the same spot and it is almost impossible to hit someone twice in the same spot when they are faster than you and I'm betting that she'd have a rough time doing that 2-hit kill against any Espada. Yoruichi was able to stop her even without using her zanpakutoh.]

Now Yamamoto, Shunsui and Ukitake could probably go in, clean house and leave with Ichigo N Pals in like 5 minutes, but that would probably put Aizen on the defensive and start the war prematurely. Aizen won't be so much on defense if the middle-ground captains come and he probably won't see a need to start the full-blown war because of their presence. Furthermore, you need the strongest captains to protect the home turf, Sereitei. He can't send the weaker captains because they'd probably just go in there and die.

Okay, now I want to talk about how these middle captains compare to the Espada and Ichigo. I'm sure that Top 3 Senior Captains > Ichigo > Bottom 3 Non-Senior Captains.

-----Kenpachi and Ichigo - Simply put, if Kenpachi has learned the name of his sword, it already multiplies his reiatsu by a lot and he is probably a bit stronger than Ichigo (Vizard) at that point. If Kenpachi learned bankai (with Urahara's method), he would be leagues about Ichigo and the other captains. If he is in the same state as before but got a little stronger through natural fighting, he's probably on par with Ichigo (their match in the SS arc was a stalement, although Kenpachi could have won anytime he wanted to).
-----Kenpachi and Espada - I know some of you are going to complain that Noitora's 2-minute fight with Nell completely drained him =\ The only real damage Noitora took was when Nell cracked his zanpakutoh. Now, from what I've learned in this manga, unless their zanpakutoh is broken (this refers to Shinigami), their power shouldn't be drained by much. In terms of Espada, I'm pretty sure Noitora will be at full strength when he releases. Those zanpakutohs of Espada, mind you, simply hold the released forms of the Espada and their main point is to release, so I truly believe Noitora will be at full strength when he releases.
Also, pay attention guys, because the way Kenpachi beat Noitora will probably give us a hint of how Ulquiorra will match up against Kenpachi. Kenpachi vs Ulquiorra would be one of the best matches as Ulquiorra does his melancholic rant while Kenpachi is yawning and telling him to hurry up and fight.

-----Byakuya and Ichigo - This is simple. When Byakuya first appeared, he was way stronger than Ichigo. Ichigo got stronger and stronger by training, learning shikai and then bankai. Once Ichigo learned bankai, he was on par with Byakuya or a little stronger. The only reason he slowed down vs Byakuya was because of his inexperience with his bankai. After that, Ichigo became a Vizard which propelled him above Byakuya and that's how it will stay. Ichigo is stronger than Byakuya, period. The leaps Ichigo has made to become stronger can not be matched by Byakuya (who was at final release for a long time and possesses no hollow powers). Byakuya can get a little more stronger from training, but he cannot catch Ichigo anymore.
-----Byakuya and Espada - This is going to be a neck and neck battle. Byakuya's strength is probably equal to Le Roux or and little more. I personally think Byakuya would be wrecked by Grimmjow because Ichigo is far beyond Byakuya and Grimmjow is on par, or a little weaker, than current Ichigo. Le Roux will probably be defeated by Byakuya is going to be pushed to the max before that.

I don't want to compare Mayuri and Unohana to Ichigo because we don't have much basis. Mayuri will probably defeat Szayel, but Szayel won't die. There are still things we need to know about Szayel before they can kill him off. This probably won't prove Mayuri's dominance over Szayel because he will be fighting someone who was already fighting 4 people at once. Unohana vs Execution Squad won't be as one-sided as everyone imagines unless Unohana has a really strong ability. I doubt the Execution Squad are push-overs and furthermore there are like 7 of them, so if each of them have enough reiatsu to at least cut Unohana, then it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Future fates for top 4 Espada:

Halibel - defeated by Nell
Stark - defeated by combination of Ukitake and Shunsui (we should get to see the legendary teamwork in action)
Old Man River - Defeated by Ichigo
Ulquiorra - Defeated by Ichigo

Gin - Turns good or Rangiku will play some part in his defeat
Tousen - Turns good or Komamura will play some part in his defeat
Aizen - Has a grueling fight with Yamamoto, but defeats Yamamoto and then Ichigo will have to step in to finish the fight

hollowfied
November 07, 2007, 09:57 AM
Why would Mayuri be senior again?

Remember, he only became captain when Urahara got kicked out.
Which wasn't so long ago, as I remember it.

big_p
November 07, 2007, 05:15 PM
How is Byakuya not a Senior?

TheChosenOne
November 07, 2007, 05:33 PM
Mayuri needs to be take off of the senior list and be replaced with either Byakuya or Kenpachi.

Cyven
November 07, 2007, 05:43 PM
Byakuya became a captain around the same time Gin did. Meaning he most definitely is a senior captain.

Also, I can imagine Komamura becoming a captain along with Tousen, he's by no means a "new" captain. Just where are you drawing the line here? I mean, both Mayuri and Soi Fon have been captains for well over a century.

black_burn
November 07, 2007, 07:10 PM
Hey, I just want to ask a question I heard this alot so i'm confused, are you a senior captain when you have long white sleave haori , I don't think Gin was a senior.

Zeus-Tails
November 08, 2007, 03:51 AM
Senior captains have long sleeves

Non-Senior captains have no sleeves.

Those two sentences basically clear up the confusion from those 5 posts. Oh and this information has been stated in the manga

hollowfied
November 08, 2007, 04:26 AM
Senior captains have long sleeves

Non-Senior captains have no sleeves.

NOT confirmed ANYWHERE.

Plz don't make things up. No it wasn't in the manga.

Zeus-Tails
November 08, 2007, 05:34 AM
It was said in either the manga or databooks and if you haven't been paying attention, I'm not going to bother draw it out for you =|

hollowfied
November 08, 2007, 06:58 AM
No it was someones speculation.

I don't ever recall reading it anywhere, except in some forum..maybe this one or at Animesuki.

I'm sorry, but this is only true if you can prove it. Cos it doesn't make sense at all..Gin being a senior captain and Byakuya being a junior one. Considering how everyone has praised Byakuya as being the most talented Kuchiki in generations, and how they both became captains at roughly the same time (50 years ago if I recall correctly).

Zeus-Tails
November 08, 2007, 07:08 AM
Gin is non-senior =\

Tousen was the senior

Also being the most talented of one's own family doesn't mean he's the strongest compared to others and also why is it a stretch that Gin is stronger than Byakuya? Do you know everything about Gin? There have been times when people have describe Gin. Even Yoruichi was shocked that Gin was at the gates and Rukia feared Gin more than Byakuya.

Furthermore, senior mostly means they were captains longer (thus more experience).

Obviously Yamamoto, Kyoraku and Ukitake are seniors. Mayuri is a senior because he became a captains LONG LONG ago right after Urahara left. Unohana was probably captain for a long time. Same with Tousen (obviously Tousen became captain long before his friend, Komamura). Aizen is the other senior. These 7 are seniors because they have been captains the longest and have the most experience.

hollowfied
November 08, 2007, 07:58 AM
Mayuri only became captain 150 years ago, which isn't a very long time. Stil don't understand why you call him a senior.

(obviously Tousen became captain long before his friend, Komamura)

Why is it obvious?
I remember Tousen going to the Academy same time as Komamura..why wouldn't they have become captains at the same time?

Anyway thanks for clearing it up. Makes more sense now, except for Mayuri and Tousen.

mck06
November 08, 2007, 03:04 PM
well neither gin or Byakuya can't be senior, since gin was the sub-captain of aizen's division at the time that renji was a student, and that was not so many years ago :P. For me the seniors were

1.Yamamoto
2.Shunsui
3.Ukitake
4.Urahara
5. Maybe Ichigo's Dad :P

AngryChubbs
November 08, 2007, 10:12 PM
ichigo's dad is prolly among the strongest along with urahara

Zeus-Tails
November 09, 2007, 01:15 AM
Mayuri only became captain 150 years ago, which isn't a very long time. Stil don't understand why you call him a senior.

Why is it obvious?
I remember Tousen going to the Academy same time as Komamura..why wouldn't they have become captains at the same time?

Anyway thanks for clearing it up. Makes more sense now, except for Mayuri and Tousen.

We don't know the cutoff for seniors so Mayuri being a captain 150 years ago is probably plausible in being a senior. Even though Tousen went to the academy at the same time Komamura did, Tousen probably progressed faster and reached bankai ages before Komamura. Not to mention, Aizen probably trained Tousen a bit to reach there.

Mifune_Taichou
July 24, 2009, 09:03 AM
Ive always wandered about this. Does full sleeve haori mean stronger/older captain? I always took this to be the case, however when Urahara got made a brand new captain he already had the full sleeved haori..

Josear XIII
July 24, 2009, 09:43 AM
The databook does says that captains that has long sleeves are the seniors captains, and the sleeveless are junior captains. There is a lot of controversy about this but i trust into the senior and junior thing

Mifune_Taichou
July 24, 2009, 09:52 AM
The databook does says that captains that has long sleeves are the seniors captains, and the sleeveless are junior captains. There is a lot of controversy about this but i trust into the senior and junior thing

Thats what I thought but didnt urahara get the senior haori straight away? what was that about lol?

Also when it comes to Kenpachi-I wander is he a senior or junior captain because he is wearing a sleeveless haori BUT i think he took it from the Kenpachi he killed-so maybe that guy was a junior but Zaraki isnt anymore?

Josear XIII
July 24, 2009, 10:06 AM
Well my theory would be that is not for the time you pass being shinigami but your worth as shinigami of a whole, Urahara had dominated the 4 ways of the shinigami also is a scientist genius and to there are two or three things that you can add. And urahara has his history as one of the corps commander, and high praised by yuroichi.

But to counter that we have byakuya who is adpet into three of the shinigami ways and is a high ranked member into the shinigami society So its weird.

And you can count the members of the gotei who wears long sleeves and they seem to be really seniors

kenpachi for me wouldnt count since his haori as you have said is from another captain

Eternal_Breath
July 24, 2009, 10:17 AM
well lets have a look at the captains who wear them
yamamoto: older than god, stronger than jesus, long sleeves
soi fon: one of the younger weaker captains, no sleeves
ichimaru: when you think about it he's definatly one of the young guys but implied to be quite strong, no sleeves
unohana: old enough to be your great grandma's great grandma and implied to be one of the stongest, long sleeves
aizen: in theory it's possible he could be a senior captain and we all know that he's a TANK, long sleeves
byakuya: not too much older than gin with middle to higher range strength, no sleeves
Komamura: I'm going on a limb and saying he's one of the younger and weaker captains, no sleeves
kyoraku: old enough to be jesus' womanising frat mate and is one of the strongest, long sleeves
tosen: like aizen he could be considered a senior in theory except with middle level strength, long sleeves
hitsuguya: i didn't realise the army needed new recruits this young and for someone who can shoot ice dragons he's a push over, no sleeves
kenpachi: captain since tbtp arc (though wasn't seen) and is however strong as kubo decides to make him in the chapter, torn off sleeves though they may have been longer before kenpachi "customised" them
mayuri: in theory he could be one of the more senior captains though lets be honest he's far from being the strongest
ukitake: old enough to be jesus' calm & quiet frat mate and is one of the strongest despite illness, long sleeves

so i'd say that they represent seniority more than strength. oh and don't bother doing the same kind of comparison with the tbtp characters, it just makes things confusing and inconclusive

Mifune_Taichou
July 24, 2009, 10:24 AM
well lets have a look at the captains who wear them
yamamoto: older than god, stronger than jesus, long sleeves
soi fon: one of the younger weaker captains, no sleeves
ichimaru: when you think about it he's definatly one of the young guys but implied to be quite strong, no sleeves
unohana: old enough to be your great grandma's great grandma and implied to be one of the stongest, long sleeves
aizen: in theory it's possible he could be a senior captain and we all know that he's a TANK, long sleeves
byakuya: not too much older than gin with middle to higher range strength, no sleeves
Komamura: I'm going on a limb and saying he's one of the younger and weaker captains, no sleeves
kyoraku: old enough to be jesus' womanising frat mate and is one of the strongest, long sleeves
tosen: like aizen he could be considered a senior in theory except with middle level strength, long sleeves
hitsuguya: i didn't realise the army needed new recruits this young and for someone who can shoot ice dragons he's a push over, no sleeves
kenpachi: captain since tbtp arc (though wasn't seen) and is however strong as kubo decides to make him in the chapter, torn off sleeves though they may have been longer before kenpachi "customised" them
mayuri: in theory he could be one of the more senior captains though lets be honest he's far from being the strongest
ukitake: old enough to be jesus' calm & quiet frat mate and is one of the strongest despite illness, long sleeves

so i'd say that they represent seniority more than strength. oh and don't bother doing the same kind of comparison with the tbtp characters, it just makes things confusing and inconclusive

Yh because out of all the vaizard captains only Shinji had that haori so by that theory he's their senior.

It does seem to be linked to seniority but as we have said Urahara throws a monkey wrench into that. what Josear said could be the only explaination-perhaps because he was already a corps commander in the Omnitsukido he got the long sleeved one...or maybe its to do with actual age...

Eternal_Breath
July 24, 2009, 10:35 AM
Yh because out of all the vaizard captains only Shinji had that haori so by that theory he's their senior.

It does seem to be linked to seniority but as we have said Urahara throws a monkey wrench into that. what Josear said could be the only explaination-perhaps because he was already a corps commander in the Omnitsukido he got the long sleeved one...or maybe its to do with actual age...

actually there's also the problem with Ginrei Kuchiki who i would presume to be one of the older captains has a no sleever as well. i dunno maybe this was done so he'd resemble and older byakuya more or some other reason

Tsukisama
July 24, 2009, 10:45 AM

Do you have a source for this? I have always believed that this was just a fan-made theory. I know that quite a few people believe it, but no one has ever showed that this was substantiated by something from Kubo.

I am more inclined to believe that it is just a style preference by Kubo, especially after Urahara immediately having sleeves upon becoming captain. Having formerly been 3rd seat in another division does not logically imply anything in regards to seniority.

poobert
July 24, 2009, 11:14 AM
It might not be just seniority as a captain. Uruhara was effectively Yoroichi's second. He trained with her and led the prison guard for a long time. I would assume his battle ability would be similar, if not greater. He is also the head of the research institute, which I believe he must have informed Yama about when he was promoted, because it does not seem like the thing you would do on a whim. That could have influenced his decision to give uruhara the sleeves. He could just be a superior shinigami and was only promoted once there was someone that could take his place as prison guard.

But to be honest, I have not read the information about the sleeves first hand. Just something that i picked up on this forum.

kkck
July 24, 2009, 11:25 AM
My take on that(as long as we do not get a confirmed cannon source) is that the haori can be customized to some extent by each captain(in other words kubo made them to fit his characters and give them a sense of individuality). Other than that, I do not think there is much to look into.

Mifune_Taichou
July 24, 2009, 11:56 AM
Another thing I was thinking is that it could have something to do with fighting style. It seems to me the captains with no sleeves are more into hack and slash.

Hitsugaya slashes his sword around loads, so does Byakuya. By comparison Shunsui, Aizen and Mayuri all have an economical 9in terms of movement of the arms) fighting style. Maybe they choose which type haori they want because of how much freedom they want in their arms. Just a thought.

Josear XIII
July 24, 2009, 01:45 PM
Do you have a source for this? I have always believed that this was just a fan-made theory. I know that quite a few people believe it, but no one has ever showed that this was substantiated by something from Kubo.

I am more inclined to believe that it is just a style preference by Kubo, especially after Urahara immediately having sleeves upon becoming captain. Having formerly been 3rd seat in another division does not logically imply anything in regards to seniority.

Wish i had but it was in a forum a long time ago, they did put a japanese text over and then translated, now is when im hearing that there are people who say that is a fan made theory

Eddy01741
July 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think it's more of a fan made theory. As said, Urahara threw a wrench in that one. Who knows though, I mean, it seems to much to simply be a coincidence that the 5 seemingly strongest and most senior captains of teh SS arc were wearing full haoris. Obviously the youngest of the full haori bunch is Aizen, but it's likely that he was promoted to 5th squad captain right after the vizards were banished (displayed captain level power, was already a VC at the time, etc.), which for all we know, is longer than any other SS arc captains.

BUt the Urahara throws a wrench into the seniority thing, he was just a 3rd seat prior to becoming captain, and he has a full haori. It could be based on power I guess, like, you have to prove that you are a powerful captain to receive a full haori, but that's still kind of eery to me.

At this point, the most sensible answer in my opinion to explain for the haoris is personal preference. Whether that be for practicality (like, Soi Fon, quick movements and all) or style (Kenpachi's ripped sleeve haori). The senior captains probablyt hink the full haori looks better on them for their age and that it makes them look wiser.

Izkity
July 25, 2009, 06:17 AM
I'd view seniors as being there a long LONG time. Like thousands of years long. I don't think Mayuri should be on that list.

Mifune_Taichou
July 25, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'd view seniors as being there a long LONG time. Like thousands of years long. I don't think Mayuri should be on that list.

Yh and Urahara defo not straight away-i mean they just made him a captain and gave him a full sleeved haori. The only thing I could think of is maybe they measure your reiatsu with some instrument and then if you have over a certain amount you get the full sleeved one-but then again I really dont think Mayuri has more reiatsu that Gin or Byakuya.

i guess it must just be customizable.

Yans86
July 25, 2009, 12:17 PM
To put it simply:
Old Yama,Shunsui,Ukitake,Unohana easily stated....(very Old captains)...
Aizen,Tousen?,Mayuri became captains 100 years ago after the vaizard problem........
All the others just from 50 to few years ago(Hitsugaya)......
In the gaiden,same goes for Shinji and Yoruichi.....

Well Urahara is a single case.....and about Kuchiki Ginrei I have no clue,but is safe to assume that 100years before the pendulum he wasn't captain.HIs old appearance doesn't mean anything as we know....

Eddy01741
July 25, 2009, 09:54 PM
How is it at all safe to assume 100 years before the pendulum arc Ginrei wasn't captain?

Your basing this off the assumption of the full haori vs. sleeveless haori, which in turn is the argument your trying to prove. So you assert that Ginrei couldn't have been a longstanding captain to prove the haori theory, but deep down the only reason you say that Ginrei couldn't have been a long standing captain is because you use the haori theory itself....

Do you see the circle? If you don't, your line of thought as presented so far:

Haori theory is correct->GInrei has a sleeveless haori->Ginrei therefore has not been a captain for a long time->further proving the haori theory is correct in your mind.

That aside, I completely forgot about Mayuri having a full haori, although it's likely he became a captain the same time as Aizen did, right after vizard incident.

kkck
July 25, 2009, 10:03 PM
How is it at all safe to assume 100 years before the pendulum arc Ginrei wasn't captain?

Your basing this off the assumption of the full haori vs. sleeveless haori, which in turn is the argument your trying to prove. So you assert that Ginrei couldn't have been a longstanding captain to prove the haori theory, but deep down the only reason you say that Ginrei couldn't have been a long standing captain is because you use the haori theory itself....

Do you see the circle? If you don't, your line of thought as presented so far:

Haori theory is correct->GInrei has a sleeveless haori->Ginrei therefore has not been a captain for a long time->further proving the haori theory is correct in your mind.

That aside, I completely forgot about Mayuri having a full haori, although it's likely he became a captain the same time as Aizen did, right after vizard incident.
Kuoraku stated himself, ukitake, unohana and yama where the only remaining captains from the previos 100 year ago guard. That means at that time ginrei had been a captain for less than a 100 years.

Tousen also had the long sleve haori... Given the presented evidence I think the haori with or without sleeves is a personal decision.

Eddy01741
July 25, 2009, 11:04 PM
Oh dang, I feel like a monumental idiot now...

My apologies to you Yans86.

Anyhow, I forgot that Tousen had a full haori as well. There's more than I remember, maybe it's time to go through the SS arc again. Urahara looks like even more of an outlier to the thoery now.

For the record, I don't actually believe in the theory, I think it's more of a personal preference thing.

poobert
July 26, 2009, 05:53 AM
would Tousen not have also been promoted after the Vizard incident? He used his bankai on the former captains, so he is certainly able to take one of their places.

If Uruhara's captaincy was taken by Mayuri. Shinji's by Aizen, then it leaves 3 empty captain seats (not including yorouichi). If tousen also took a spot that leaves 3 overall. All of these 3 should therefore have long sleeves.

But what about Soi Fon? She is old enough to have sleeves.... unless there were 3 captains that we do not know about who died recently.

This whole sleeve thing is a bit dodgy. (by the way, does anyone know the location of that table of time v captains and vc's of all the divisions)

Yans86
July 26, 2009, 07:21 AM
WEll we can guess that Soi Fon,Gin and Byakuya became captains around the same time.In the end it was never stated that SoiFon was a VC at the time......probably she was only a seated officer......
According to Rukia we know that at least Gin and Byakuya had this situation...
Actually I always tought that at a certain point Ginrei, and other few captains(Isshin himself ???) were killed/heavily injured/forced away due to some Aizen action/hollow attack....cause seriously speaking,I don't get how GIn,SoiFon,Byakuya and Koma became captains around the same time!

Eddy,it's ok ,don't worry :-D

tyciol
September 09, 2013, 02:58 AM
Found some interesting reads related to this:
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Events
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Salubri/Timeline_%26_Ages_in_Bleach

I say we have a go at trying to put in order ALL the captains. Not just the current ones, but also the vizards, the traitors, the royal guard, etc. It can be adjusted as corrections need be made and stuff. As best I can tell based on info...

1. Shigekuni Yamamoto creates the Genji school 2100 years ago, presumably a captain at this point

2. Chōjirō Sasakibe masters Bankai 2000 years ago (only a vice-captain, but sounds very captainish, apparently offered captain position but refused)

3. Unohana Yachiru is 11th Division's captain between 1000 and 2000 years ago

4. 1000 years ago the mob-like "divisions" are transformed into the Gotei 13

**Unohana predates the Gotei as being a division captain) unsure who captains 2-9 were at the time. At some point Unohana switches from heading 11th to heading 3rd, presumably abandoning the Kenpachi/11 stuff instead of being killed for it. 8 Kenpachis follow her in leading the 11th prior to Kiganjo.

**Kirio Hikifune was captain of 12th until ~110 when she got promoted

**Hirako is captain of the 5th division

5. Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi becomes 3rd Division's captain 112 years ago

6. Gosuke Kiganjō kills 9th Kenpachi and becomes new Kenpachi and 11th Division's captain 110 years ago and some ago

7. Kisuke Urahara is officially appointed as 12th Division Captain 110 years and a bit ago

8. Zaraki kills 10th Kenpachi (Gosuke Kiganjo) to become the 11th Kenpachi and lead the 11th division. He and Ikkaku seem to know who Urahara is so this would mean they would have been around?

9. 101 years ago Urahara Kisuke and all the vizards lose their captain spots. At some point after this Mayuri becomes captain to take place as head of 12th, Tousen and Gin also become captains

10. Tōshirō Hitsugaya masters Bankai and becomes 10th Division's captain 9 to 20 years ago

I know there are a lot of holes and missing stuff. I think part of establishing when newer captains took office would be to identify when previous captains known to lead a squad left it, if we could identify a succession, perhaps with years in parenthesis regarding the changes.

glougloubarbaki
October 02, 2013, 09:59 AM
Found some interesting reads related to this:
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Events
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Salubri/Timeline_%26_Ages_in_Bleach

I say we have a go at trying to put in order ALL the captains. Not just the current ones, but also the vizards, the traitors, the royal guard, etc. It can be adjusted as corrections need be made and stuff. As best I can tell based on info...

1. Shigekuni Yamamoto creates the Genji school 2100 years ago, presumably a captain at this point

2. Chōjirō Sasakibe masters Bankai 2000 years ago (only a vice-captain, but sounds very captainish, apparently offered captain position but refused)

3. Unohana Yachiru is 11th Division's captain between 1000 and 2000 years ago

4. 1000 years ago the mob-like "divisions" are transformed into the Gotei 13

**Unohana predates the Gotei as being a division captain) unsure who captains 2-9 were at the time. At some point Unohana switches from heading 11th to heading 3rd, presumably abandoning the Kenpachi/11 stuff instead of being killed for it. 8 Kenpachis follow her in leading the 11th prior to Kiganjo.

**Kirio Hikifune was captain of 12th until ~110 when she got promoted

**Hirako is captain of the 5th division

5. Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi becomes 3rd Division's captain 112 years ago

6. Gosuke Kiganjō kills 9th Kenpachi and becomes new Kenpachi and 11th Division's captain 110 years ago and some ago

7. Kisuke Urahara is officially appointed as 12th Division Captain 110 years and a bit ago

8. Zaraki kills 10th Kenpachi (Gosuke Kiganjo) to become the 11th Kenpachi and lead the 11th division. He and Ikkaku seem to know who Urahara is so this would mean they would have been around?

9. 101 years ago Urahara Kisuke and all the vizards lose their captain spots. At some point after this Mayuri becomes captain to take place as head of 12th, Tousen and Gin also become captains

10. Tōshirō Hitsugaya masters Bankai and becomes 10th Division's captain 9 to 20 years ago

I know there are a lot of holes and missing stuff. I think part of establishing when newer captains took office would be to identify when previous captains known to lead a squad left it, if we could identify a succession, perhaps with years in parenthesis regarding the changes.

Where did you get the chronology before 1000 years ago ? In particular, how did you get the dates -2100 and -2000 years for items 1. and 2. ?

ReiWen
October 02, 2013, 01:23 PM
The first post is really weird....
The seniors are Yama, Uno, Iki and Shun in the exect order....
All other captains were captain;s for max 100 years.... well now 102 since the timeskip with Byakuya and Gin only around 50.
The same goes for the Visoreds and Yoru who all vere captains for less than a century...
If enyone can be aded as sennior due to age It will be Zaraki since he needs to have at the very least 600 years amybe even around 1000 and maybe Mayuri since he have some conection with Shutara.... but the both became captains in the last century....

Who even base seniorit on the sleeves of a haori? Urahara had long ones from the begining.... Its just all depends of what they want.... I prefer the one with long ones.... look cooler