PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

anpan
November 28, 2007, 07:54 PM
New series from the Mieru Hito mangaka. Series starts this week in issue one.

Issue one cover featuring Psyren
http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc740/th_89714_cover-01_122_740lo.jpg (http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=89714_cover-01_122_740lo.jpg)
[hr]
The Psyren forum is now closed. This thread can be used for all further discussion. The forum can still be viewed here. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/849-Psyren)

Asakura
November 28, 2007, 09:04 PM
Holy crap... that kind of jump printing quality looks like the kind I was lucky enough to get once. Man I wish I've gotten more perfect quality jump issues...

Anyway, thanks anpan. This one looks promising.

Koen
November 28, 2007, 09:36 PM
Man I am really looking forward to this one

Iwashiro Toshika show the people what potential you got

Bomber D Rufi
November 28, 2007, 11:36 PM
Wow from the little blurbs in the spoiler pictures it seems Psyren is a place or an organization. Man i want more of this now!

Thanks anpan!

anpan
November 29, 2007, 03:22 AM
added another spoiler pic to the first post.

@Asa: didn't notice the good quality of the pics until you pointed it out. @_@

Koen
November 29, 2007, 11:27 AM
anybody who can translate that bit - just to know what it is about

Bomber D Rufi
November 29, 2007, 01:12 PM
The girl's name is Amamiya Sakurako, or for short the "Ice Princess." The first picture speaks of their futures, and unfortunately the rest is too small for me to read...get me some bigger ones and we'll be in business.

Dofla
November 29, 2007, 02:10 PM
The girl's name is Amamiya Sakurako, or for short the "Ice Princess." The first picture speaks of their futures, and unfortunately the rest is too small for me to read...get me some bigger ones and we'll be in business.

There is also a summary spoiler

読んだよ。文才ないし携帯だからあんまり詳しくかけないから簡潔な説明を

高校一年で学校のトラブルシューターみたいな事をやってる
夜科アゲハ(主人公)は
ひょんなことからサイレンと書かれたテレホンカードを公衆電話で拾う。
ある日クラスメートで根暗の電波少女、雨宮桜子(メガネ)の財布を拾い雨宮も同じテレカを持っている事を知る。
このテレカはなんだ?(スペルがわからないアゲハ)と雨宮に問うが、雨宮はしらばっくれ、次の日失踪。

前に彼女がサイレンがどうとか言っていたのを思い出し、
テレカ、サイレンについて調べだしたアゲハ。

そして都市伝説「秘密結社サイレン」というネット上の噂を知る。
現実がイヤになった者を集め楽園へとみちびく者
それが秘密結社サイレン
テレカはサイレンへの唯一の連絡手段らしい
そしてサイレンの秘密を突き止めた者には5億の懸賞金が出るらしい
テレカもオークションで500万くらいいくらしい。
まあ色々あって電話するアゲハ
んでいろいろあってサイレンの世界(荒野)にワープしてつづく。

後半ほとんどはしょったけどこんな感じ。

Koen
November 30, 2007, 09:06 PM
thanks dofla, hope someone might translate this
[hr]
Translation by pux:

he is the 'trouble shooter' of the school (japanese english rape, i guess). he (ageha) has a telephone card with the word psyren written on it, he picked it up from a public phone booth. one day his dark (as in dark personality, depressing/cynical) friend, loses her wallet, and he picks it up and finds she has the same card. when he wonders what it is, (he doesn't know spells), he wants to ask but she disappeared the next day. he remembers her asking him if he had heard of psyren before. he hears an internet rumor about a secret society psyren. the only way to contact psyren is through the telephone card. he looks online and the cards sell on auction for 500 man yen (i.e. $50,000). then a lot happens, but he ends up calling and warps to the psyren world.

Cupcake
December 01, 2007, 03:00 AM
it sounds... interesting. I was sort of meh about Mieru Hito, but it had good art, so this is going to be cool.

Lutris
December 01, 2007, 07:47 AM
Anyone know where I can find a raw of this?

Dofla
December 01, 2007, 08:17 AM
You can find it here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=631263&postcount=76

Enjoy :nuts

Koen
December 01, 2007, 10:06 AM
You can find it here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=631263&postcount=76

Enjoy :nuts

It's a camshot scan and quality is really poor. But not poor enough to stop my curiosity.

I hope a better raw, a trans and a scan will come out

lupemavi
December 01, 2007, 11:46 AM
yeah, i need too a better scan & script.
is the best serie in a long time, since reborn i think^^

Wire
December 02, 2007, 10:13 PM
I liked it a lot. The main character is oddly similar to Yusuke Urameshi and Kurosaki Ichigo....

haya5h1
December 03, 2007, 12:10 AM
Very, very promising! Thanks to all who provided scans and translations!

Ageha's an interesting punk, but I like how Amamiya is shaping up to be a potentially kickass-and-take-names character.

Koen
December 03, 2007, 09:05 AM
The main questions I got in this chapter: 1. There is another world, but what is psyrens goal (and why connection with earth) 2. How did they know a lot about ageha? Because of that I assume that psyrens workers, etc know ageha (friends? Maybe his mother?)

xi0
December 03, 2007, 04:20 PM
The main questions I got in this chapter: 1. There is another world, but what is psyrens goal (and why connection with earth) 2. How did they know a lot about ageha? Because of that I assume that psyrens workers, etc know ageha (friends? Maybe his mother?)

They're all valid questions, but they're all questions that everyone has. Everything's open-ended at this point.

Anyways, this series looks extremely promising! There's this feeling I get when I read it that tells me that I don't see this one failing. I could be completely wrong and look like an idiot in a few weeks time though.

Koen
December 03, 2007, 07:50 PM
They're all valid questions, but they're all questions that everyone has. Everything's open-ended at this point.

Anyways, this series looks extremely promising! There's this feeling I get when I read it that tells me that I don't see this one failing. I could be completely wrong and look like an idiot in a few weeks time though.

I agree. But remember it's only one chapter far. Though I agree this is the best start of a shounen for years and issues...

And I wonder where it will go to (psyren's objective, amamiya, etc), what will be the main setting (earth or the other world?),...

haya5h1
December 03, 2007, 08:45 PM
After re-reading the scanlation I'm beginning to see similarities to the Matrix. Anybody else? (I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be some kind of thinly disguised tournament battle series...)

jolanar
December 04, 2007, 01:24 PM
i can see what you say about the matrix with the phone calls being how they are transported, but for me the impression i got from that chapter was that it was similar to gantz. it certainly looks to be a great manga.:D

ryusuke_
December 05, 2007, 01:07 PM
I liked it more than what I was expecting, it's far better than all the new series of the Square Jump, it's a relief. I'll be following it for sure. It's very promising.

PS: It reminds me a lot Yu Yu Hakusho.

Dofla
December 06, 2007, 12:41 PM
2pics:

http://img16.imagevenue.com/loc959/th_63074_034530_123_959lo.jpeg (http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63074_034530_123_959lo.jpeg)
http://img18.imagevenue.com/loc967/th_63079_034700_123_967lo.jpeg (http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63079_034700_123_967lo.jpeg)

(Click!)

barbapapa
December 06, 2007, 02:22 PM
Looks interesting.

Just wondering; has anyone heard anything about a proper group picking this up?

xi0
December 06, 2007, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet, but if the popularity is high enough and it doesn't lose steam too quickly I'm sure SOMEONE will. Maybe KEFI barba? :jk

barbapapa
December 06, 2007, 05:43 PM
Don't count on it ^^;
We'll probably never pick up a mainstream series again.

Not that I'm not interested... But well, I need more reasons nowadays to start a project.

xi0
December 06, 2007, 05:53 PM
Don't count on it ^^;
We'll probably never pick up a mainstream series again.

Not that I'm not interested... But well, I need more reasons nowadays to start a project.

Aww...that's too bad. Series from Young Magazine and Weekly Morning aren't mainstream?

I guess you mean Shounen.

Koen
December 07, 2007, 05:14 AM
well, it was scanlated the first chapter, though it was LQ (prolly got to do with the amount of the papers).

Well it might be picked up when people start to read this and IF it's good in their opinion. But the translator is no problem :D

barbapapa
December 07, 2007, 06:40 AM
Aww...that's too bad. Series from Young Magazine and Weekly Morning aren't mainstream?

I guess you mean Shounen.

Hmm yeah, I guess I mean what's considered mainstream outside of Japan.
And even then... Minoru Furuya and Makoto Isshiki (who I do series of that ran in YM and WM) are anything but mainstream even in Japan. The magazines they run in are basically more mainstream than the series theirselves.

xi0
December 07, 2007, 09:37 PM
The raw for Chapter 2 is out

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=640067#post640067

ginrai
December 08, 2007, 06:10 AM
Looks interesting.

Just wondering; has anyone heard anything about a proper group picking this up?

so far the best one is kaiten(he and his team did some overdrive chapters a while ago)!some pages are still in MQ but the rest is pretty wel done and otherwise iff you want HQ HQ it best to wait till the v1 tanko comes out and some team picks it up.

barbapapa
December 08, 2007, 10:17 AM
So... the second chapter is kinda Gantz.
I didn't like Gantz, but it had some interesting ideas.

Let's see where this goes.

Koen
December 08, 2007, 10:35 AM
So... the second chapter is kinda Gantz.
I didn't like Gantz, but it had some interesting ideas.

Let's see where this goes.

I agree but I wanna go further - it's more like a matrix X Battle royal X Gantz shounen manga. I didn't like gantz either but it was more because of the setting and the art.

Iwashiros art is just so cool (a bleach x dragonball z art) but we'll see what the story will give us in the near future ;)

Kaiten
December 08, 2007, 12:49 PM
so far the best one is kaiten(he and his team did some overdrive chapters a while ago)!some pages are still in MQ but the rest is pretty wel done and otherwise iff you want HQ HQ it best to wait till the v1 tanko comes out and some team picks it up.

Thanks! This was actually my first release, I'm a different Kaiten then the group that did overdrive.

xi0
December 08, 2007, 02:45 PM
Hmmm.

The second chapter was good but a bit offputting. I'm a HUGE fan of Gantz, but I really hope that this isn't TOO much like Gantz. It might be interesting to see a shounen version of the "Death Game" subgenre though.

lupemavi
December 15, 2007, 04:24 AM
first pics

http://i9.tinypic.com/8e06r91.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/72pys9f.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/7x0011u.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/8fpgbbb.jpg

raw

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=L0LQEQY8

Koen
December 15, 2007, 07:10 AM
That last picture, damn... That's why I liked mieru hito and that mangakas art. The way he draws his fighting sequences is amazing

Shiranui
December 15, 2007, 04:51 PM
hahaha...
i like this manga very much...
especially Call 3.

the "Robot" [or the guard i think] is very cool..
very accurate in shoot and very strong...
this is the tough game and battle...
hehehe~

xi0
December 15, 2007, 08:28 PM
Spoilers should go in Spoiler tags please lupemavi.

Anyways, this chapter was very interesting. The new robot guard is a bad ass.

Wire
December 15, 2007, 08:49 PM
How are they supposed to beat that guy? Thats what will be interesting. The word is spelled "Psy"ren instead of "Si"ren after all...

xi0
December 15, 2007, 10:46 PM
Who knows, maybe Amamiya knows something about it/him.

Something "Psy" will definitely have influence on this series though. That's an easy bet.

Koen
December 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
Who knows, maybe Amamiya knows something about it/him.

Something "Psy" will definitely have influence on this series though. That's an easy bet.

and the funny thing: psyren is read as sairen (sirene) and what announced the start of the game - a sirene :D

Anyways: you can't know for sure how to defeat the guy. But based on the fact he has a crossbow and amamiya got a sword - I assume that in the beginning they'll do a weapon/hand to hand combat

xi0
December 17, 2007, 12:04 AM
Actually it's spelled "siren" koen. "Sirene" appears to be some sort of cheese made in Bulgaria...:s

Well regardless, it will only confirm that Amamiya has been up to strange things if she can actually hold her on against the Robot.

barbapapa
December 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
"sirene" is actually the dutch word for siren, probably why he's confused

xi0
December 18, 2007, 12:55 AM

You know, ultimately I thought that could have been the case. :s

haya5h1
December 18, 2007, 01:09 AM
I guess now the big question is, since Amamiya has obviously found the exit to return to the real world, why is she back in Psyren? By force or by choice?

Psyren - actionpacked, mysterious, and great with crackers and lox!XD

Koen
December 18, 2007, 08:00 AM

as you know, you are totally right :)

anyways: I hope that this one will succeed thoug we'll have to wait till upcoming chapters
(but the mangaka thanked the readers for the overwhelming response if we maybe believe the note in the front page of chapter 3)

zidane
December 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
hmm...i think this series already deserves an own section^^...

it really is nice...

was the Frank Jaeger Guys already discussed? i mean the one with the hauntig crossbow...
Jaeger is german for Hunter...and also Frank Jaeger is Gray Fox' real name (the one from Metal Gear, my fav. charakter)...

and Gray Fox looks like this:

http://www.pic-upload.de/18.12.07/ny9dx1.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-301537/fox3.jpg.html)

you see...it's the perfect name :D

Crude
December 18, 2007, 04:06 PM
The first time I saw him I thought of was Gray Fox.

LongShot
December 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
what a great start...interesting and mysterious...

I can see some ways the story may take and I hope the mangaka doesnt choose a common one.....no ninja or spirit word related story PLZ!1!SHIFTONE!!! :p

bunshindattebayo
December 21, 2007, 11:13 PM
Man,this manga is so great!Good story & cool art,I enjoyed reading this.
Ageha looks so much like Ichigo.I wonder if he will get some sort of special power later in the manga.

LongShot
December 22, 2007, 04:47 AM
and Ichigo looks with Yusuke Urameshi... ppl shouldn't stay comparing things

xi0
December 22, 2007, 05:54 AM
Eh, I think Ageha is closer in looks to Ichigo than Ichigo is to Urameshi, but I think it might have to do with the art style.

There's no denying that Iwashiro's drawing style is similiar to kubotite's.

haya5h1
December 22, 2007, 07:00 AM
And Amamiya looks like Rukia ...in fact Ageha and Amamiya are like Ichigo and Rukia with their hair colors reversed, except that Amaiya's is SUPER BLEACHED:XD The monster Amamiya killed looked like a Hollow too...I could go on all day about the stylistic similarities between BLEACH and Psyren:eyeroll, but I'm sure they're just cosmetic and Psyren will break its own path.

xi0
December 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
I don't think that centipede looks like a Hollow at all personally. I also don't see how Amamiya looks like Rukia either...the only similarities are that they are both tiny, and wield swords.

haya5h1
December 22, 2007, 09:05 AM
I don't think that centipede looks like a Hollow at all personally. I also don't see how Amamiya looks like Rukia either...the only similarities are that they are both tiny, and wield swords.
Really? It was the first thing I noticed when I saw the initial spoiler pics for Psyren, before I knew how long her hair was. She has that lock of hair falling across her face like Rukia does and if without her glasses, her eyes and face shape are similar too. then of course there's the sword, and the way she calls the male lead moron or idiot all the time.:XD (though that last is admittedly a characteristic shared by all JUMP heroines.)

LongShot
December 22, 2007, 09:07 AM
Eh, I think Ageha is closer in looks to Ichigo than Ichigo is to Urameshi, but I think it might have to do with the art style.I was talking about how both are High School kids who are always getting in fights....cuz their looks are really different to me...maybe in the early bleach chaps they look like a bit more

Koen
December 22, 2007, 09:10 AM
Okay, I agree with the people saying the art reminds them of kubo. But I always think toshiaki has a bleach x dragonball z art (when the characters show emotions they remind me a lot about goku, vegeta etc the sweating, yeah I can't say)...

ageha and amamiya reminds a bit about ichigo meeting rukia and pulled into the world of rukia (amamiya for ageha) because of that meeting. But for the rest this can be original. Why? Well other people have landed in psyren too. Ageha and all others got a phone card. The test, etc I wonder what's psyren's goal. I think this one got more mysteries than the beginning of bleach

lupemavi
December 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
I think this one got more mysteries than the beginning of bleach

I think the same too. The mystery begans already from the beginning, in bleach also but it is not the same thing, in psyren enter in the first chapter on a strange world
Ageha = ichigo + urameshi xDDD

Wire
December 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
I think the same too. The mystery begans already from the beginning, in bleach also but it is not the same thing, in psyren enter in the first chapter on a strange world
Ageha = Ichigo + Urameshi xDDD

Psyren immediately reminded me of Bleach and YYH. And Ageha is alot like those two characters. Amamiya bears similarity to Rukia in that she is cosidered weird by her peers and doesn't make friends easily.

xi0
December 22, 2007, 08:55 PM
So chapter 4 is out.

It seems like the giant mean guy has aligned himself with Ageha and Amamiya. He said the skull cap kid was still around, but didn't he get a bolt through his back courtesy of "Alfred's" crossbow?

fxu
December 22, 2007, 11:37 PM
HAHAHAHA. Let's list the facts about this badass mofo.

Uses a crossbow (badass gun.. crossbow = ak47) (ch3pg20)
Name is [possibly] Alfred (ch4pg1).
Looks like a cook (ch4pg3)
Perhaps one of the best way I've seen of killing somebody in manga (ch4pg7) .. it makes up for his name being Alfred.

I fucking love him already.

Since Alfred sounds a bit mehh, I'll refer to him as "Al"

So chapter 4 is out.

It seems like the giant mean guy has aligned himself with Ageha and Amamiya. He said the skull cap kid was still around, but didn't he get a bolt through his back courtesy of "Alfred's" crossbow?

He could be dead. It all depends if it hit him in a vital organ.

I'm guessing he's gonna be half dead, but while Ageha picks him up to take him, Al shows up.

xi0
December 23, 2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah Alfred is cool, he reminds me of one of Nihei Tsutomu's "silicon lifeforms" from BLAME/BioMega.

Ageha trying to rescue everybody is sort of uncharacteristic of him in a way. Wasn't this the kid who only did stuff for money?

Wire
December 23, 2007, 01:38 AM
Being transported to another world and attacked by monsters changes people.

xi0
December 23, 2007, 02:51 AM
I'd agree I suppose, but I would have thought he would have been "every man for himself" with the strangers. That wouldn't be much of a Shounen protagonist then I suppose. LOL.

Koen
December 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
Alfred was calling out names when he killed almost the whole bunch. Where those the true identities of his victims. I expected the guy with the skull cap as a possible survivor. He was just someone who followed the group (while lots in the group were loudmouthed idiots)
[hr]
My prediction:
I think the world of psyren is our future world. The first chapter started about society problems like pollution of the world. The door leads to the underground where good guys lives but maybe because it's underground they can't get ageha and others directly in their place. Maybe that's why they use telephones and the map is maybe the easiest (as like the less dangerous) way to get to that underground world that fights against nemesis Q, alfred, monsters,... all created by mistakes made by humans in the past world (present for ageha, etc)

the question: why them?

barbapapa
December 23, 2007, 05:13 PM
Hmm this is starting to lose my interest already...
I'll give it a few more.

LongShot
December 26, 2007, 09:24 PM
I really liked the big guy...the way he attacked so recklessly was awesome

I think there are too much to be showed to ppl give up right now....when they show what is all this crazy story about I'll decide if I keep reading or not

Koen
December 30, 2007, 12:21 PM
Si it seems I'm close to what I was thinking: it's mt. fuji and japan. The main question: is it an alternate world? or is it a future world? I think it's the second one. But we'll know more later on though I hope something unexpected happens.

xi0
December 30, 2007, 12:27 PM
I thought that this might be coming. Ageha's reaction is almost exactly like Charleton Heston in Planet of the Apes when he saw the Statue of Liberty on the beach. LOL

pirate-hitman:L
December 30, 2007, 04:30 PM
You blew it up! Damn you, damn you all to hell!

fxu
December 31, 2007, 01:44 AM
Ooohhh .. I definitely didn't see this one coming.

Another good chapter ^_^

lupemavi
December 31, 2007, 04:53 AM
i think the same, psyren is the future world, but this world can be destroyed for the wars,radiations, etc... ageha explain the world problemss in the chapter 1.

I hope something unexpected happens in the chapter 6 about the destroyed world^^

Koen
December 31, 2007, 05:56 AM
You blew it up! Damn you, damn you all to hell!

are you talking about the chapter or about us spoiling something?

xi0
December 31, 2007, 11:58 AM
LOL

:rofl

He's quoting Planet of the Apes

ginrai
December 31, 2007, 01:54 PM
my theory about the psyren realm is somewhat different

i'm guessing it an alternate realm that bound with the choas theory so that the population of this other realm decreases and so the liveability of the psyren-realm hence him bringing people into it making them sacrifices and blaming them for the distruptecy of his world

also amemiya is acting somewhat similiar to yuno gasai imo!

Koen
January 01, 2008, 07:23 AM
LOL

:rofl

He's quoting Planet of the Apes

:D well I saw the movies but never been good in quotes/taglines

xi0
January 21, 2008, 02:38 PM
Is anyone else besides me bored of the story as it is now?...maybe I'm just impatient.

Koen
January 22, 2008, 03:18 AM
Is anyone else besides me bored of the story as it is now?...maybe I'm just impatient.

No (it's not impatience) I am losing my interest too (going out to be attacked, seperating your ways to end up in the same place where you left with an ennemy that can't speak words or you don't anything about is lame). The mangaka will have to come up with something good (better then the mt fuji part - I expected that) and asap or I think this one might be dropped faster then mieru hito...

Though I'll just give it still shots since mieru hito had a slow pace too and his art (especially the fights) are awesome

LongShot
January 23, 2008, 04:51 PM
oh, come on! Its not like Naruto, Bleach or any other famous manga had a "never seen before" and exciting start

if the mangaka had show us all the trama in 6 chaps THEN I would be disappointed

Koen
January 24, 2008, 03:19 AM
oh, come on! Its not like Naruto, Bleach or any other famous manga had a "never seen before" and exciting start

if the mangaka had show us all the trama in 6 chaps THEN I would be disappointed

Do you hear us complaining because it's bad? I think there's a difference between a slow pace and a bad pace. I can't say yet if it's bad because there are indeed interesting elements in the story.

But it has a slow pace and I still believe in the author and the story. You knw why? Imo mieru hito was a very good shounen too but that one had a slow start too. I think it became interesting after 12-13 chapters. So prolly psyren will go on that way too, though I hope that the monster dies and there's more explanation of amamiya. I don't like useless fights (okay it's obvious you have to fight the monster, but what's the deal with him? Crying out that name? and it's something we don't know yet. Amamiya has to tell more, she knows more)

Shiranui
January 27, 2008, 05:30 AM
and then...
Psyren world is the future...
that will be great or weird huh?

and in that game, no point, no gift like gantz..
very excited, to know more about this manga...

Succubus
January 27, 2008, 07:44 AM
and then...
Psyren world is the future...
that will be great or weird huh?

and in that game, no point, no gift like gantz..
very excited, to know more about this manga...

hey

this isn't game points?..

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/347/15ak6.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1269/17dz9.jpg

barbapapa
January 27, 2008, 09:44 AM
yeah this story just got really boring, _really_ fast.
I wonder if it can make it through this, seeing how Jump doesn't give much leeway to new series

Shiranui
January 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
@Lain

eh, i didn't realize that...
coz, amamiya don't wan to explain clearly about that world..
maybe next chapter?

@barbapapa

yes, i agree with ya'
Psyren need more inovative story!! :D

Koen
January 27, 2008, 02:36 PM
Just hold on, give the guy some time: mieru hito started slow too, it'll come, I can feel it

but I agree it's difficult for me too (maybe got to do with my patience)

lavy
January 28, 2008, 01:59 AM
actually! chapter 7 is really interesting!:)

xi0
January 28, 2008, 04:34 AM
Eh, Psyren is quickly slipping down the charts IMO, but it wouldn't be prudent to count it out yet I suppose.

Koen
January 29, 2008, 04:58 AM
Eh, Psyren is quickly slipping down the charts IMO, but it wouldn't be prudent to count it out yet I suppose.

If I were you I certainly wouldn't. Remember mieru hito became interesting when Hase came in (that was in chapter 9? 10?)

I think something interesting might happen in this upcoming chapters and It certainly got to do with that coward - I really don't trust him and he might be someone of psyren to get into past world

xeolinh
February 01, 2008, 05:12 AM
Color page : http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6475/14952247lf8.jpg

lupemavi
February 01, 2008, 09:01 AM
Psyren color page:

http://www.enregistrersous.com/images2/150433974620080131081028.jpg

Koen
February 02, 2008, 05:16 AM
nice color page if you ask me

LongShot
February 03, 2008, 07:10 AM
wow awesome color page and a great chap...

after this chapter I started to think about Nemesis Q, he seems to be the last human to me that tries to awake the psy on ppl from the past so they could fight against what the hell makes earth like that

xi0
February 03, 2008, 08:20 AM
Maybe, but why bring them to the future to awaken the Psy? Why can't it be done in the present?

I think he's more sinister than that.

Koen
February 03, 2008, 11:58 AM
Well this was an interesting chapter if you ask me. So the psyren - the future world - awakens some powers. Really looking foward to that... I really wonder more about nemesis Q who he is, what he's up to. It seems amamiya and the other three aren't the only one but there's some other pleayers too with awakened psy

a question: scan - color page says: it's celebrating psyren's overwhelming popularity -> can we assume this serie is a hit atm?

Succubus
February 03, 2008, 12:25 PM
uhh ohhh this gantz shounen version............ O_o I see gantz is not good for kids... >_> possible psyren will become popular like Gantz did....in Japan..

o yea I enjoy this manga more more than Mieru Hito..

LongShot
February 05, 2008, 06:28 PM
@Koenosaki

quoting Shrimpy on his translation topic

It may or it may not. I think belmonde said that too, lol.
I have a strong feeling that it may be more euphemistic, as japanese tends to be overly-polite by convention. Even series that aren't doing well have had similar expressions that thank people for writing in--whether that be one postcard or like 5,000...get what I mean?

and no, not trying to jinx it! i do think this series will make it.

Koen
February 06, 2008, 12:39 PM
@Koenosaki

quoting Shrimpy on his translation topic

thanks for clearing that out

well anyway with a good progression and with his great art, I really hope this'll become good and better than mieru hito

Succubus
February 06, 2008, 01:11 PM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9167/2sd1x25xe84326sa1sapf7.jpg

sweet, that girl is very hot!!

Koen
February 06, 2008, 01:20 PM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9167/2sd1x25xe84326sa1sapf7.jpg

sweet, that girl is very hot!!

thanks a lot, psyren for n°1 because of that girl only :D

anyone who can translate that picture

it looks like they are in a church if you look at the instrument at the background - try to look behind that girl :lmao

Kheops
February 06, 2008, 02:04 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1736/kupupbemn8.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5415/iupupbeuw2.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8240/bupupbeft8.jpg

et

文字まだでしたか

アゲハを雨宮がテレパシーで呼びだして話をします

雨宮「…私がサイレンのテレホンカードを手に入れたのは半年以上も前…
去年の冬…なにもかもがイヤになって大阪まで家出したときの…道端の公衆電話…
ネメシスQに出会い深く考えずアンケートに答えた…以来私はあの世界を何度も旅してる…」
アゲハ「サイレンて一体何なんだ!?」
雨宮「さ 行こ!」
アゲハ「行くってどこへ?」
アゲハを見つめながら雨宮「デ・エ・ト」

でコンサート会場へ行きます

雨宮「サイレン世界で私はただ隠れて…ただ逃げるだけの存在だった…
何も出来なかった あの人はそんな私に生き残る術を教えてくれたの」

マツリ登場

Koen
February 06, 2008, 03:34 PM
babelfish, what I think about

Amamiya calls ageha with telepathy. Amamiya tells him: she got her psyren card half a year or more ago (last year's winter when she left home to osaka) at a public telephone on the roadside. Encountered nemesis Q and without thinking she answered the questionnaire. Ever since then she travelled often to psyren. Ageha and amamiya are talking about something I can't understand. They go to a concert and there they meet with the woman who thaught amamiya techniques for surviving in psyren

psyren spoilers: :spaz :spaz :spaz

Bomber D Rufi
February 07, 2008, 01:24 AM
Translations:

On the page with the hot chick;

Amamiya(?): My "sai" teacher Yakumo Matsuri.

The time for you to learn more about Psyren has come as well.

First cover page

Call 9: To each their training? (Its small so I can't quite read it.)

Side text: Its nice sometimes to be a little girly.

2nd Image

Amamiya: I have communicated Yoshina Ageha.

last image

Amamiya: A D-a-te.

Seems like its gonna be a fun one. I really like the first image too :) Long live the glasses girl!

haya5h1
February 07, 2008, 11:14 PM
Amamiya cleans up nice.<3 I'm looking forward to a little downtime and getting to know our heroes better... that was one messy introduction, though it served the purpose.

I'm still liking Mieru Hito better though. Psyren is good, but it's like Iwashiro is not taking any chances with his second serialization opportunity and is making something that's more like a cookie-cutter battle-heavy JUMP series.

Bomber D Rufi
February 07, 2008, 11:25 PM
Amamiya cleans up nice.<3 I'm looking forward to a little downtime and getting to know our heroes better... that was one messy introduction, though it served the purpose.

I'm still liking Mieru Hito better though. Psyren is good, but it's like Iwashiro is not taking any chances with his second serialization opportunity and is making something that's more like a cookie-cutter battle-heavy JUMP series.

I kind of like Mieru Hito better too just for the character designs. Storywise the two of them are pretty good so far, but its kind of early to tell with Psyren. I just hope this one lasts long enough to make an impression...

Koen
February 08, 2008, 06:45 AM
I kind of like Mieru Hito better too just for the character designs. Storywise the two of them are pretty good so far, but its kind of early to tell with Psyren. I just hope this one lasts long enough to make an impression...

You can't know at the moment which one is better, psyren is only 8 chapters far. But imo these first 8 chapters were a lot better than mieru hitos first 8 chapters. Mieru Hito became interesting when hase came in and there was that story of miyoujin and his teacher.

Btw amamiya is less annoying than the girl-whose-name-I-forgot in mieru hito. The character design is a bit different but in 8 chapters it's not suited to show everyone who'll make the story - so expect a bit mistery surround people/allies with psy powers, a possibility: people/villains with psy powers

What I like a lot in this manga and mieru hito is Iwashiro Toshiaki his art. His fighting scenes are more detailed and better drawn than naruto and bleach if you ask me (I remember that scene when he fought that fox guy and was standing behind him doing some dbz/kamehame attack - damned that was so great). His art/character design, I just love it and for me it's one of the better, if not the best

LongShot
February 08, 2008, 04:16 PM
thx guys for pics and translations...fist time we get a spoiler here besides the color page :}

Koen
February 09, 2008, 05:37 AM
spyren chapter09 (http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=78AVZC7Q)

thanks to ritual scan and heiji-sama

wonder if agehas psy power got to do with breaking that glass. And amamiya looks cuter and better

Emery
February 09, 2008, 04:56 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Nemesis Q is Ageha from the future?

xi0
February 09, 2008, 05:03 PM
That's an interesting theory and would be a neat twist. It wouldn't surprise me if it's someone the players of the game will come to know, or already know.

Koen
February 09, 2008, 07:39 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Nemesis Q is Ageha from the future?

Héhé, this is prolly the most suprising twist there could be, but it's a possibility

anybody who can guess what agehas powers will be? Because the glass breaking prolly has something to do with it

February 09, 2008, 10:37 PM
I think they get basic psychic powers, telepathy, mind-lifting, force choke...the works.

LongShot
February 10, 2008, 08:41 AM
yeah I think something like pirate said...they will get "the force"(lol) and then will get specific powers...but I'm guessing telepathy is a power owner just by Ama

I lmao reading this week chap....Asaga mocking of Ageha cuz he's now taller was really funny..and of course, Ageha's face when Ama say they'll get out on a date

Koen
February 10, 2008, 10:11 AM
yeah I think something like pirate said...they will get "the force"(lol) and then will get specific powers...but I'm guessing telepathy is a power owner just by Ama

I lmao reading this week chap....Asaga mocking of Ageha cuz he's now taller was really funny..and of course, Ageha's face when Ama say they'll get out on a date

yeah that was really funny and ageha in the snow (to make clear how he felt) saying this wasn't the sunday he expected

well looking forward to newest chapter, we might get to know more about psyren and psy

xi0
February 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
Amamiya was cute young and cute in this chapter. I found those first two frames pretty funny.

Psy instructor?...eh

This chapter was a disappointment. It just came off mediocre to me.

Koen
February 10, 2008, 07:40 PM
Amamiya was cute young and cute in this chapter. I found those first two frames pretty funny.

Psy instructor?...eh

This chapter was a disappointment. It just came off mediocre to me.

I don't mind some rest in between. Let's learn more about psyren and the psy, okay this chapter didn't contribute that much except how and when amamiya got her psyren card, but I expect something good and new next chapter

Dorothy
February 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
Kyaaaa!!! Amamiya is so cuuuute!!! *--*<3 I like her very much!<3 Matsuri is an interesting character but I hope that next chapter will be better than this, I'd like to see more action! :)

barbapapa
February 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
Just caught up with this.

Yeah I'm gonna put this one in my dropped list. Too dang mediocre; just like Mieru Hito =/

LongShot
February 16, 2008, 08:07 PM
I can only laugh...

anyway...these last 2 chaps were kinda slow but now with their training starting some new infos and some action will come

xi0
February 17, 2008, 12:10 AM
Just caught up with this.

Yeah I'm gonna put this one in my dropped list. Too dang mediocre; just like Mieru Hito =/

Yeah, I'm not in the habit of dropping series, unless I'm absolutely repulsed by it. I stick with things too long, just out of stupid curiosity.

But I'd agree that it's getting pretty mediocre. It started with a bang and was seemingly unique, but for some reason it just seems really cliched as it stands now.

Koen
February 17, 2008, 02:22 PM
How can you call this manga after only 10 chapters mediocre? I really can't understand that. Don't misunderstand me, I agree some manga are so worse they don't even deserve 10 chapters or more.

Pysren just started: there's a story but only a piece is revealed. They are looking for something or someone they even don't know after ending a game (in case of matsuri). Imo this shounen gives more questions than answers. Yes: unrevealed or unanswered questions are annoying but if the answers are great then you'll certainly re-consider this one

It's generic shounen (but hey, is it easy to be original these days just like in movies, music, art etc)

I was away for a weekend:
honestly -> All chapters of all manga dissapointed me this weekend. No one was good? But I don't jump too fast in conclusions

barbapapa
February 17, 2008, 04:08 PM
I just don't like any of the story elements introduced so far.
What they'll be building on in the future is already so mediocre, to me.

I mean, it's starting to look more and more like a shounen Gantz. And I hate stories like that.

xi0
February 18, 2008, 01:17 AM
On the converse side, I love Gantz, but this series isn't doing it for me ATM.

And koen, it's our opinions...while they may seem irrational, we're still entitled to have them.

I'm not going to stop reading it yet, though.

fxu
February 18, 2008, 05:52 AM
Absurd to call it "Like Gantz" by now.

There are some similar things, yes. But the differences are clear by now.

It's like calling Bleach and Naruto the same ...

Koen
February 18, 2008, 06:07 AM
On the converse side, I love Gantz, but this series isn't doing it for me ATM.

And koen, it's our opinions...while they may seem irrational, we're still entitled to have them.

I'm not going to stop reading it yet, though.

Yeah I agree you have can have other arguments.

I think pysren starts better than mieru hito (like I said 100 times, this one became interesting when Hase came into the story and that girl was freakin annoying). Good you continue on reading it (I am also the type who won't drop something easy).

Example: one piece I disliked it when reading it. I didn't feel into following it. But someone said: just continue, when they enter the grand line, it'll become interesting. He was right, I read one piece so fast and was so mad that I dropped is so easely

xi0
February 18, 2008, 07:28 AM

Well yes, it is absurd, but comparisons can still be drawn. Also, it's not as "Gantzy" as I had initially thought.

barbapapa
February 18, 2008, 09:46 AM

I've you've read as much diverse manga as I have, it's justified to call Naruto and Bleach the same.

Leo Seta
February 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
Well... I've read all 10 chapters and I'm gonna say...

... I'm sticking with it. It has a better opening 10 chapters than some manga I've read and it has potential so I'll carry on for now. I can name loads of manga that started out mediorce and were slow but then picked up as the mangaka got into the heart of the series so yeah... if I judged every series by just it's first volume... well... >.>

barbapapa
February 18, 2008, 04:16 PM
The problem is, with Jump, sticking to new series results 9 times out of 10 in disappointment.

If it manages to survive for more than a year, and actually become better, I might go back to it.
But what I've read up till now hasn't exactly won me over. I'm just not seeing a potentially interesting series in it.

Koen
February 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
The problem is, with Jump, sticking to new series results 9 times out of 10 in disappointment.

If it manages to survive for more than a year, and actually become better, I might go back to it.
But what I've read up till now hasn't exactly won me over. I'm just not seeing a potentially interesting series in it.

I can understand it: it's more like this not something I can read atm chapter per chapter, but it could become better with more chapters when there is character development, story progression and plot twists, etc

Well I can say: I indeed enjoyed reading es 21 en one piece in one time (like 200+ chapters) than prolly reading it weekly

Raijatsu
February 18, 2008, 04:21 PM
we should wait
to many series I would have thought as short living (e.g. our hero studies)
have sourvived for a surprising long time though they had little to no story imo, well...

this series has shown interesting stuff but it could die with every reader voting like all new series can

Crude
February 18, 2008, 06:08 PM
One thing that interested me was that this chapter made another reference to Ageha being skater guy. Could that have anything to do with future plot points? I'd like to think that it might end up having something to do with his PSY (PSI?).

Koen
February 18, 2008, 07:02 PM
k to go back on topic (and to avoid a discussion about when a manga can be called good or excellent): what do you think about psy? Is it an individual power that completely differs from others or will it be A POWER that's the same but will differ in the way of use

haya5h1
February 18, 2008, 10:10 PM
I really want to like this series, but I am becoming disappointed that Iwashiro seems either unwilling or unable to deviate from the JUMP formula. I'll hang in there for a bit longer since he seems to have a good handle on female characters at least. I really liked Himenon from Mieru Hito; and if Amamiya is that kickass when she's sick, imagine what she would be like at full power. Jury's still out on Matsuri though.

as for PSY power, it's probably customized to the individual. Like when Amamiya called out "Raizo" and started catching crossbow bolts in mid-flight - that's a different skill from Matsuri's telekinesis.

Koen
February 23, 2008, 06:00 AM
let's hope a trans comes out quickly

this chapter was mainly about the powers and the author did a good job drawing it

something special with agehas power?

kaloo
February 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
Seems to me that he's the generic OMG raw power but no control type of guy... Though the fact that he broke a hole in the table rather than his cup exploding or something is interesting. You know. idle speculation. We're all about that, right?

LongShot
February 24, 2008, 08:03 PM
at least was nice to see that Asaga has great powers too....would be even worse if Ageha become the All might main character with useless friends, like in Bleach for example

and like we already thought, PSI is something like the powers on "The 4400" may become a lot of different things but they all got telekinesis so.... damn! They all powerful

xi0
February 25, 2008, 02:30 AM
Ageha's reaction to Matsuri's explanation was pretty generic to me :s

It is interesting the difference between Asaga's and Ageha's abilities, so maybe Ageha won't end up the prototypical boring main character...it does seem somewhat similar to Ichigo in Bleach.

You know, it is a shame that we automatically compare series isn't it?

Koen
February 25, 2008, 07:54 AM
Ageha's reaction to Matsuri's explanation was pretty generic to me :s

It is interesting the difference between Asaga's and Ageha's abilities, so maybe Ageha won't end up the prototypical boring main character...it does seem somewhat similar to Ichigo in Bleach.

You know, it is a shame that we automatically compare series isn't it?

it proves that being original has become difficult nowadays

well anyway: it's indeed interesting agehas powers are different. Maybe it got to do with some events that happened in psyren or something else.

I wonder where psyren will go to, maybe the future setting will be earth where our heros will have to fight other players who uses their powers for bad goas, or would it still be psyren?

shrimpy
February 25, 2008, 02:05 PM
this is wild speculation, but I have a hunch that the main characters may be the actual ones to have caused the "present" future...

fxu
February 25, 2008, 02:46 PM
this is wild speculation, but I have a hunch that the main characters may be the actual ones to have caused the "present" future...

Great minds think alike!

XD

Koen
February 25, 2008, 04:44 PM

Possibilty but it could also be people like that old (compared to asaga and agehad) fart who discover their powers and will use it for bad things. You can't trust such guys and since matsuri is also someone who played the game psyren, I think thereare more people like her.

So the psy fights imo will be played/fought in the present

kaloo
February 25, 2008, 09:47 PM
If it happens let's all recall... Shrimpy called it... We'll all be OMG No WAI! And he'll be all smug.

And on topic, I hope that Psyren remains the main part of the game... er comic.

February 26, 2008, 08:01 PM
I think the final of the series will be the present, and Ageha stopping whatever nuclear blast it is.

xstrike_9999
March 01, 2008, 04:40 AM
or maybe cuz of his huge powers he is the one who caused it all!!?????

Koen
March 01, 2008, 07:52 AM
Well I think the mangaka is doing a great job. He's not rushing everything, the story and characters don't fall in a spiral of violence. Okay training arcs (like they happened in naruto, bleach,...) haven't been my favorite arcs and they will never been (It's giving me a feeling of a slow pace). But at last the main character is someone who prolly doesn't understand anything and who's progressing very slow (and it isn't an annoying brat) to others, I am curious about ageha

well it seems psy: gives you different kind of powers and it was really awesome to see how asaga evolved working with it.

shrimpy
March 01, 2008, 07:25 PM
from the explanations in this chapter i'm led to believe that ageha is actually the strongest in burst, because it's the only physical power (note the hole in the table). Of course, he's going to be the worst at it in the beginning. Asaga might not actually be the strongest burst user, but may excel in rise too (physical power up)...and i'm guessing girly man coming up is the trancer, but honestly this can still go anywhere. They don't have a "team" yet. Plus, what happened to the older man? will he auto-magically know psi? or be cannon fodder?

in line with my theory on the characters actually causing the present future, i've been wondering that if psi power was activated because it was a disease...what will prevent it from spreading in the present...? After all, like matsuri said, the future is the effect of everything possessing psi...

Koen
March 01, 2008, 08:03 PM
from the explanations in this chapter i'm led to believe that ageha is actually the strongest in burst, because it's the only physical power (note the hole in the table). Of course, he's going to be the worst at it in the beginning. Asaga might not actually be the strongest burst user, but may excel in rise too (physical power up)...and i'm guessing girly man coming up is the trancer, but honestly this can still go anywhere. They don't have a "team" yet. Plus, what happened to the older man? will he auto-magically know psi? or be cannon fodder?

in line with my theory on the characters actually causing the present future, i've been wondering that if psi power was activated because it was a disease...what will prevent it from spreading in the present...? After all, like matsuri said, the future is the effect of everything possessing psi...

Thanks a lot shrimpy - saw your translation and now all we can do is wait till a scan pops up

Emery
March 01, 2008, 11:44 PM
Just remember, people. If Nemesis Q turns out to be future Ageha, then all rep goes to me for calling it. >///

I have a feeling that Asaga is going to favor Pyrokinesis. It just suits him, and his title (Dragon) lends to it very well.

Koen
March 02, 2008, 07:35 AM
Just remember, people. If Nemesis Q turns out to be future Ageha, then all rep goes to me for calling it. >///

I have a feeling that Asaga is going to favor Pyrokinesis. It just suits him, and his title (Dragon) lends to it very well.

There's a possibility and I'll certainly won't forget the name emery when Nemesis Q turns out to be future Ageha

New curiosity: the new character at the end, the manager what is he up to?

Crude
March 02, 2008, 07:41 AM
Does anyone think that there's a chance the actor will get involved with Ageha's sister?

Koen
March 02, 2008, 08:26 AM
Does anyone think that there's a chance the actor will get involved with Ageha's sister?

Well it's the actor she's always looking at but for what reason is she all into that actor? Okay, this got to do with the break-up with her boyfriend but was it him or was he more like...?

lavy
March 02, 2008, 08:31 AM
looks like the actor will be killed by Nemesis Q in the live TV :s

Koen
March 02, 2008, 08:41 AM
looks like the actor will be killed by Nemesis Q in the live TV :s

Obviously he's planning to reveal something about psyren and the card.

Maybe he's the guy who 's giving info to those psy freaks from chapter 1 (that scientist and the school student)

fxu
March 02, 2008, 10:21 AM
If he doesn't die on TV from Nemesis Q, he'll get hooked up with Ageha's sister and that is what's gonna tie him with Ageha.

Asaga will be good at pyrokinesis .. nickname dragon, he kept saying how using the power "burns" his head, and that last trick, the hand looked too ... fiery XD

xi0
March 02, 2008, 04:55 PM
There's a possibility and I'll certainly won't forget the name emery when Nemesis Q turns out to be future Ageha

New curiosity: the new character at the end, the manager what is he up to?

First off, Oboro is a male...clearly bishounen. The manager is women...and she sort of looks similar to Amamiya's mother right? Earlier in the chapter Amamiya said she was into Mochizuki Oboro for no particular reason. This leads me to believe that that manager is Amamiya's mother...I don't know, I may be wrong.

shrimpy
March 02, 2008, 05:00 PM
What I understood was one, the part where ageha says his sister likes him is a reference to the fact that instead of going after guys she can, she's fantasizing about guys she can't. Basically, her last romance went sour and embittered her until now. (i understood that page with the title as ageha's thoughts, not amamiya)

As for the part about oboro being killed...um, what? Going strictly by what he said, all we know is he bought the card (probably for some enormous amount of money). It's unused, and because of his intuition that it's dangerous, likely hints that it's a real one. Remember back to the beginning...there are many fakes floating around. Although the last line of ch12 didn't use the word drifter in it (i added that), it really is a big giveaway because it literally said something like "does this man share their fate?".

xi0
March 02, 2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah I misread...I guess it was Amamiya's sister that fell in love with Oboro.....so what I meant is that Oboro's manager looks like Amamiya's sister.

Koen
March 02, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah I misread...I guess it was Amamiya's sister that fell in love with Oboro.....so what I meant is that Oboro's manager looks like Amamiya's sister.

Euhmmm now I am getting confused because of you guys?:

I thought amamiya was talking about a feeling she got when here mother left. I thought ageha knew that same feeling because of her sister and the break up with her boyfriend. Amamiyas sister had a cold reaction like I am gone, while agehas sister was looking that oboro and was prolly cold in her reactions too

xi0
March 02, 2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah, you're right Koen...my mistake.

That scene was clearly an introspective one by Ageha...I didn't read closely enough.

But the fact remains...that Manager sort of looked like AGEHA's sister.

Actually...maybe not.

I'll shut up now.

Koen
March 02, 2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, you're right Koen...my mistake.

That scene was clearly an introspective one by Ageha...I didn't read closely enough.

But the fact remains...that Manager sort of looked like AGEHA's sister.

Actually...maybe not.

I'll shut up now.

Nice that someone says koen :)

About the first one: thanks for clearing out I didn't make a mistake

About the second one: if this serie wouldn't have scans or trans, I would have even taken her for amamiyas teacher - matsuri - she looks like a girl ;)

xi0
March 02, 2008, 07:41 PM
About the second one: if this serie wouldn't have scans or trans, I would have even taken her for amamiyas teacher - matsuri - she looks like a girl ;)

No...Oboro is a man Koen..... :rofl

But yes...they look very similar. I had the same idea when I first saw the raw.

Koen
March 02, 2008, 07:45 PM
No...Oboro is a man Koen..... :rofl

But yes...they look very similar. I had the same idea when I first saw the raw.

that's why I did a ;) to make that she as a joke :D

I didn't forget the previous post when you mention it

xi0
March 03, 2008, 06:46 PM
that's why I did a ;) to make that she as a joke :D

I didn't forget the previous post when you mention it

Sure...:oh

I thought that this chapter was one of the better ones. We got some more backstory on Amamiya and Ageha, and we got introduced to another "possible" drifter.

redcometfm
March 03, 2008, 07:39 PM
Anyone else feel the art feels like a hybrid of Tite Kubo + Yoshihiro Togashi?

Koen
March 04, 2008, 03:27 AM
Anyone else feel the art feels like a hybrid of Tite Kubo + Yoshihiro Togashi?

I felt more like a Tite Kubo (character design) + Akira Toriyama (emotions)

haya5h1
March 04, 2008, 03:47 AM
Heck, Matsuri looks more masculine than this new actor guy!:XD
anyway, glad to see the story is picking up after its somewhat generic beginning. Although I'm starting to get more interested in the setting than in the characters. The existence of Psyren is known pretty much all over Japan, to the point that it's the subject of a TV special and people are willing to pay thousands to be in Ageha's situation. That's kind of unusual.

(and anyone else think "LOL PERV" at Ageha's praying for power to "touch Amamiya in various places"?:jk)

barbapapa
March 05, 2008, 01:33 PM
Out of boredom I read the last 2 chapters.
What a waste of boredom even :P

It's really too much Bleach (Amamiya = Rukia, mysterious girl with a strange sense of humor; Ageha = Ichigo, thick-headed lead with latent powers) meets Gantz (2 old friends meet again, have to do battle in an alternate world, deplete a "number").
Not exactly something that I'd want to be reading.

fxu
March 05, 2008, 01:50 PM

It's really too much Bleach (Amamiya = Rukia, mysterious girl with a strange sense of humor; Ageha = Ichigo, thick-headed lead with latent powers) meets Gantz (2 old friends meet again, have to do battle in an alternate world, deplete a "number").

'been hitting that bong lately, haven't ya ?

barbapapa
March 05, 2008, 02:15 PM
What kind of inappropriate comment is that supposed to be.

fxu
March 05, 2008, 02:18 PM
What kind of inappropriate comment is that supposed to be.

A kind of comment that it's supposed to make you feel disrespected.

Do you feel you've been disrespected?

If so, my job here is done.

barbapapa
March 05, 2008, 02:33 PM
It's hard to feel disrespected by lower lifeforms, but if it makes you feel better, sure.

Kind of how when my cat shits in the living room. I don't feel disrespected, I just kick it outside. :)

fxu
March 05, 2008, 03:00 PM
It's hard to feel disrespected by lower lifeforms, but if it makes you feel better, sure.

Hahahahahaha ... oh gawd, YOU CRACK ME UP! XD XD

Djmewmew
March 05, 2008, 04:21 PM
Umm....... play nice? This thread is for Psyren, not insulting each other.

BTW, the actor guy looks a heck of a lot like piano-biker chick no?

Koen
March 05, 2008, 04:46 PM
:o for a moment I thought I was in offend the person above me thread

anyway back on topic: yeah the actor guy looks like matsuri, but I wonder what the guy is up to

barbapapa
March 05, 2008, 04:47 PM
Insulting? Hell naw, this is just how real men converse.
All in good fun.

Koen
March 05, 2008, 04:50 PM
Insulting? Hell naw, this is just how real men converse.
All in good fun.

For me it was fun: I laughed a lot

haya5h1
March 05, 2008, 10:30 PM

interesting that you say that because I thought the last two chapters was when it started to show signs of diverging from the shonen cliche-ridden path (the first 9 chapters might as well have taken place in Hueco Mundo, complete with random Arrankar). It seemed like it was set up so that it could have ended cleanly at chapter 11 if it wasn't doing well.

shrimpy
March 08, 2008, 06:20 PM
don't you dare compare this to bleach. it has far more character development than bleach ever had.

Kenpachi: I will defeat you with BOTH eyes
uro: oh no you wont BANKAI TRANSFORM THINGY
kenpachi: shit...time for BOTH hands
uro: oh noes <dies>

that's pretty lame...

newayz looks like next chapter will be great. it looks like the next round is coming up, but not yet if asaga's rise request is any indication for more training. or more character gathering (now that 'ol kansai-ben man kicked the bucket)

barbapapa
March 08, 2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah but Bleach didn't used to be like that. There was a time when there was actually more to it.

shrimpy
March 08, 2008, 09:00 PM
and those days are long gone.
...back on topic!

barbapapa
March 08, 2008, 10:39 PM
This is on-topic, I'm saying that I think Psyren is similar to what Bleach used to be :P

xi0
March 09, 2008, 01:59 AM
This is on-topic, I'm saying that I think Psyren is similar to what Bleach used to be :P

And your point is well made in some ways, but this still isn't a Psyren vs. Bleach thread. ;)

Anyways, this latest chapter looks eventful. Can't wait to read it.

JoJoJO
March 09, 2008, 07:17 AM
I just pick up this series a couple of days ago and I find it quiet interesting, out off all the new series that have come out I think this is the best one. Psyren feels like a mixture off both Bleach and Gantz.

P.S. I hope it don't go the way off Bleach(that manga is getting boring)

barbapapa
March 09, 2008, 08:14 AM
And your point is well made in some ways, but this still isn't a Psyren vs. Bleach thread. ;)

Anyways, this latest chapter looks eventful. Can't wait to read it.

Geez, you people are so scared of a little discussion aren't you :P

Koen
March 09, 2008, 11:51 AM

I agree, it's similar but it also differs

It isn't about being scared of a discussion. But you must always watch out with a majority (I certainly don't suspect you being part of it) of people who can't discuss to the point or can't answer decently to the question, thus leading to an off topic bleach discussion

fxu
March 09, 2008, 12:45 PM
New chapter is out ... and holy shit ...

I'm liking his lazerbeam XD

JoJoJO
March 09, 2008, 01:23 PM

I am not afraid to talk about it, it's too early to say it's going to turn out like Bleach(I hope not) but it do have some similarities, but then again it is very similar to Gantz as well.

Koen
March 09, 2008, 01:39 PM
Well I had mixed feelings about this chapter:
positive was the progression in the story but negative is I can't make anything out of it, can't find any clue in this story.

Maybe I didn't understan the whole part but my two main questions are:
1. That old lady and the young boy, were they once psyren players? They have hidden powers and the old lady mentioned something of Nemesis Q bringing them back to psyren if he found out. Or are they from psyren?
2. That actor prolly has been in psyren too? or not?

Crude
March 09, 2008, 02:53 PM
Oboro seems to be familiar with Psyren, in that he knows a lot about it, but I don't think he's ever been there. He has answered the questionnaire though.

Koen
March 09, 2008, 03:02 PM
Oboro seems to be familiar with Psyren, in that he knows a lot about it, but I don't think he's ever been there. He has answered the questionnaire though.

But I thought the whole thinking plot was strange. On a moment he seemed like he could talk to and hear to the manager

Raijatsu
March 09, 2008, 03:43 PM
That old furtune teller seems interesting
a natural psych searching for nemesis Q oh my
the story is developing nicely :)
about Oboro
I thin he and his manager know what the other one is thinking because they work together for such a long time

LongShot
March 09, 2008, 07:54 PM
was just a joke imo...or she was whispering

- Important to see that destroying the card Nemesis Q killed that short guy...

- Ageha seems to have a great power but just cuz he can put his life on that...really shonen-like, I know

- Was great to see that Asaga, my favorite character so far, is already passing to another level of training

renrutal
March 09, 2008, 11:47 PM
Amamiya should think twice before asking ppl to touch her with their powers.

A Hollow cosplay won't suit her well ^_^

Koen
March 11, 2008, 10:44 AM
I have been wondering but that old hag and prolly her grandson have some powers - fortunetelling and healing abilities - I wonder how they got those powers, it can only have a link with psyren.

I also ask myself: if Nemesis Q is good human or is he part of, prolly the leader, the villains in the psyren?

xi0
March 13, 2008, 01:52 AM

"You people"?

Like what was mentioned before, it's not the fact that you want to compare the series to it. I've done it myself with Gantz and Bleach...it's just that this is a Psyren discussion thread, and belaboring the point will only cause offtopicness and useless discussion. That being said, I guess I might have overreacted a bit. I was just afraid of the discussion spiraling out of control. These things happen in other sections, especially Naruto :eyeroll

fxu
March 13, 2008, 10:50 AM
Call #14 Spoiler Pics

Credits: Yanniv @ NF

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ikwlz7.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ez75z4.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/1zd7oyf.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/svqgc9.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/16m3afr.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/67qgq0.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/sxoris.jpg

JoJoJO
March 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
@fxu

Thanks for the spoiler

LongShot
March 13, 2008, 08:55 PM
thx a lot fxu

...looks like we gonna see another Psyren round in the end

haya5h1
March 14, 2008, 12:48 AM
oh joy, another round!
...I see new characters?

Koen
March 14, 2008, 08:10 AM
another psyren round and a new character with the bandage...

This won't be as easy as last one

shrimpy
March 14, 2008, 06:43 PM
transes in a nutshell: (by box order)
1) Like that? Ha! Expect nothing less from my genius!
2) Care to apologize? Opening a hole in the wall, in a GIRL'S room, no less...!! S-s-s-orry!!
3) The card...this sound?!
4) C'mon Asaga-kun...this world has no future anyway.../Sorry...I'm not going anywhere, Tashio
5) nyahahaha! / As swift as the wind, as sexy as an open flame! It is I, Kirisaki Kabuto!
6) Who knows? Maybe the goddess of destiny's right over my shoulder!
7) wow, lots of people this time...!

Koen
March 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
Well can't wait for the scan of this chapter and the new chapter...

Back to psyren, no with some control of their powers. New characters - can't wait which villain they'll need to defeat now

ryusuke_
March 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
I must admit it. I disliked Psyren for the first 7 chapters, but now it's becoming greater with every new chapter. I can't wait to see Ageha's skills in a fight :)

fxu
March 16, 2008, 03:52 AM
I must admit it. I disliked Psyren for the first 7 chapters, but now it's becoming greater with every new chapter. I can't wait to see Ageha's skills in a fight :)

He's probably gonna blow those sunuvubishes away...

or completely fail and be saved by Asaga XD

haya5h1
March 16, 2008, 09:25 AM
Er... Has Nemesis Q always been a woman? Or just a flashy dresser?

xi0
March 16, 2008, 09:28 AM
Er... Has Nemesis Q always been a woman? Or just a flashy dresser?

We don't know :D

But I think it's safe to not assume his/her gender yet.

Muddy
March 16, 2008, 11:45 AM
Solid chapter. I got very excited towards the end when everyone started getting summoned... the two-page spread when Ageha and Amamiya first arrive is awesome. I also really like Kabuto, and his relationship with his uncle, so I hope he lives!

The setting this time looks really cool, too.

Koen
March 16, 2008, 02:22 PM
What I think is really strange in this chapter:

it's the house of kabutos uncle that seems unharmed in psyren

Emery
March 17, 2008, 03:55 AM
We don't know :D

But I think it's safe to not assume his/her gender yet.

It's future Ageha! >:O

I bet the new perverted kid is gonna use his Psi to be a speed demon.

zelllogan
March 17, 2008, 09:54 AM
The manga have some potential but Gantz was there sooner. It's too soon to tell if the manga is going to become a hit (or not) but I seriously doubt it. The characters have nothing original, the story either.

Koen
March 17, 2008, 04:46 PM
It's future Ageha! >:O

I bet the new perverted kid is gonna use his Psi to be a speed demon.

So that would mean future ageha waited till his past alterego, or better present ageha, got that power under control (if you can call it control, let's say he has been able to use it)

It's as amamiya said: it's strange that the call happens when ageha was just in "control" of his powers. The guy on the rooftop watching the holiday house while in psyren it's still unharmed over there isn't coïncidence either

And a last strange "coïncidence": asaga, amamiya and ageha seem to be the only one to have the ability to use some powers while others haven't. It isn't also coïncidence that the newbies are somehow on the same place with a skilled fighter.

It's obvious Nemesis Q chooses when, how and where our participants will fight and I am really starting to doubt he's future ageha. Btw he really reminds me of some Indian: the long hair, a face that looks like a totem,...

fxu
March 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
source: Yanniv @ NF

A picture from Call #15:

http://i28.tinypic.com/2q1i90n.jpg

"if you don't want to die, then listen to what I have to say / listen to my story"

Koen
March 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
source: Yanniv @ NF

A picture from Call #15:

http://i28.tinypic.com/2q1i90n.jpg

"if you don't want to die, then listen to what I have to say / listen to my story"

More this is not the kind of spoiler picture I wanted (though good to see amamiya) :D

fxu
March 23, 2008, 12:24 AM
Well, chapter is out.

They're all gonna die except that Oboro (sp?) actor guy ...

XD .... well, that's what I want to happen.

xi0
March 23, 2008, 08:51 AM
It looks like Toshiaki took inspiration from Tremors or Dune in this mission.

fxu
March 23, 2008, 05:05 PM

Hahahaha ... thank god I wasn't the only one who thought of the movie "Tremors" when I saw that big monster XD

Koen
March 23, 2008, 05:26 PM

Dune doesn't say anything but tremors, that's totally true. It's completely tremors

anyway the new guy doesn't chase mens asses :D and Oboro, I don't like him, he's a selfish bastard and I really think he'll offer the group for his own life.

Raijatsu
March 23, 2008, 07:43 PM
I don't trust Oboro. He seems like he does not care if he dies or lives but this type is the first to stab you in the back to sourvive. If this guy ever learns psi he'll become a thread for the society.

this chapter was a bit depressing because you could see that a lot are going to die.

Koen
March 23, 2008, 07:57 PM
I don't trust Oboro. He seems like he does not care if he dies or lives but this type is the first to stab you in the back to sourvive. If this guy ever learns psi he'll become a thread for the society.

I completely agree. You describe it better than me. That's the type of guy. you can't trust him. He has something evil and untrustworhty in his attitude and eyes

Wire
March 24, 2008, 06:56 PM
I don't know about him being all that shady, but I think it's more that all Oboro cares about is getting a thrill. Remember what he said 3 chapters ago about life being beautiful because its dangerous. This time he was interested in the idea of stepping immediately into trouble. This is still behavior that can and will get people killed.

Oboro and the skirt-chaser guy are obviously the only one who will survive though.

I'm still wondering about that kid Asaga met in the present though. He looked "mischevious". He is probably not in Psyren this round but he probably will be someday....

That monster is huge! "Behold, my Blue-Eyes White Dragon", he he!

Koen
March 29, 2008, 04:25 AM
Has psyren introduced his first new human (?) ennemy (?) and he reminds me of

http://www.onemanga.com/Psyren/14/06/

the guy with asaga

LongShot
March 29, 2008, 09:54 AM
yeah...and Asaga was the one staring him in the end

what a awesome chapter ...some really good action pages and Asaga's dragon tail skill was incredible

xi0
March 29, 2008, 07:31 PM
So this was an action-packed chapter. The guy at the end is definitely the same person from chapter 14. Nice find Koen.

fxu
March 29, 2008, 08:29 PM
Indeed nice find, I didn't notice at all.

I loved this chapter. The dragon tail was awesome.

I also loved the character design of the guy at the end. <3333

Muddy
March 29, 2008, 08:41 PM
Excellent chapter! Also, very perceptive observation koenosaki! That possibility didn't occur to me at all but it makes sense (and is exciting in regards to future prospects).

The cannon fodder was too obviously cannon fodder this time around... I like that last time you had characters with unique designs who were nevertheless *not* automatically safe from the circumstances...

Koen
March 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys but I must say I never forget that guy because I didn't understand the previous scene with asaga. Was it back then: a memory of asaga or was it just present, asaga talking with a guy he knew

LongShot
March 29, 2008, 10:20 PM
it was just a memory I guess...when he saw those kids running together he remembered of his old friend

...at least that was what I understood

花男★
March 29, 2008, 11:15 PM
psyren noob coloring for a sig by myself
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/lasdeloso/sakurakocopy.jpg?t=1206850383

bunshindattebayo
March 30, 2008, 01:57 AM
You did a good job there.

Emery
March 31, 2008, 12:54 AM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/434/psyrenchapter16coverlinnb4.th.png (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psyrenchapter16coverlinnb4.png)

I vector cleaned the cover for anyone that would like to color it. I'll be doing my own coloring tomorrow.

fxu
March 31, 2008, 01:05 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/41482/medium/1_Psyren_ch16.jpg (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?n=2608)

XD ... Is this Tashio ? .... Let's hope so.

xi0
April 01, 2008, 03:51 AM
Wow, that's pretty nice, you should enter the coloring contest.

Koen
April 01, 2008, 06:37 AM
yes I agree the coloring is well done. Maybe Toshiaki will give us his version this week and then we could compare -> though I doubt that will happen

Raijatsu
April 01, 2008, 02:41 PM
thx for emerys wonderfull clean :luv

I did my own version....

sorry fpr the bad clothes and hair

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8108/psyrenwk2.th.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psyrenwk2.jpg)

fxu
April 01, 2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks ^_^

That's pretty good Raijatsu. Do you mind if I drop it in the next release with the other colorings ? (All credits go to you)

My second coloring.

http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/41482/medium/1_Ageha.jpg (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?n=2613)

Raijatsu
April 01, 2008, 03:58 PM
I dont mind do it
I really hope psyren will last a bit longer
the style is great ^^

Turtle Pirate
April 01, 2008, 07:24 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/41482/medium/1_Psyren_ch16.jpg (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?n=2608)

XD ... Is this Tashio ? .... Let's hope so.

who's Tashio? I've read the manga up to the most recent chapter . . . but I can't seem to recall who that is, care to refresh me?

haya5h1
April 01, 2008, 08:39 PM
Tashio is the guy that Asaga was trying to find when Ageha first met him. He's the one who was in Asaga's flashback who was saying that there was nothing left for him in this world.

Koen
April 02, 2008, 01:00 AM
who's Tashio? I've read the manga up to the most recent chapter . . . but I can't seem to recall who that is, care to refresh me?

Look a bit back, I posted a page

it's the guy asagas memory before they were called to go back to psyren

Emery
April 02, 2008, 02:16 AM
My Ch.16 cover color-

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psyren16coverbyemeryxw6.png

C-c-c-c-c-el shaded!

xi0
April 02, 2008, 05:12 AM
My Ch.16 cover color-

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psyren16coverbyemeryxw6.png

C-c-c-c-c-el shaded!

WOW, that's pretty nice detail.

Turtle Pirate
April 02, 2008, 09:29 AM
Look a bit back, I posted a page

it's the guy asagas memory before they were called to go back to psyren

forget it . . . if I missed something like that I may have missed some other stuff so I'll just go back over all the chapters...

fxu
April 02, 2008, 01:18 PM
forget it . . . if I missed something like that I may have missed some other stuff so I'll just go back over all the chapters...

hahaha... I'm pretty sure almost everyone didn't remember .... he appeared in less than 4 panels >.<

Dorothy
April 02, 2008, 02:00 PM
OMG the Ageha and Amamiya's colorizations are very fantatic! O___O My compliments!!! And... I'd like to see the color page of this week, do someone has it in wichever resolution?

fxu
April 03, 2008, 03:55 AM
chapter 17 color page (spoiler?! .. it's only a color page)

http://i30.tinypic.com/53mk4o.jpg

Dorothy
April 03, 2008, 04:06 AM
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OMG BEAUTIFUL! FANTASTIC PAGE!!! KYAAAA!!!! Colored Oboro, Asaga and Kabuto!! Thank you very much!!! *--*

Koen
April 03, 2008, 04:31 AM
thanks a lot fxu and indeed the color page is great

bunshindattebayo
April 03, 2008, 05:36 AM
Okay,that color page confirms that the man standing in the last page in the previous chapter is Tatsuo(yes,his name is Tatsuo and not Tashio,I know the translator mistaked this cause the katakana "shi" and "tsu" looks alike).The chapter title for Call 17 is "Tatsuo".

Emery
April 03, 2008, 06:59 AM
Whaaaa?! Asaga has silver hair?

Damn. I was picturing him with fire-red hair this whole time.