PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Highschool of the Dead by Satou Daisuke & Satou Shouji

chaoer5205
November 29, 2007, 09:04 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/Kaiten-Sama/i84416.jpg

Highschool of the Dead
By: SATOU Daisuke (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2848) (writer) and SATOU Shouji (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2497) (artist)
Genre: Horror, Action, Ecchi
Serialized In: Dragon Age
Scanlated By: xamayon (http://xamayon.org/)

A mysterious, lethal disease is on the loose worldwide, resulting in a catastrophic death rate of humanity, and the increasing rise of attacks, caused by the living dead. In Japan, several high school students and a school nurse have banded together to escape Fujimi Private High School shortly after it was attacked by "them." The group now attempts to figure who or what was responsible for this plague, and in the meantime, attempt to survive the present apocalypse.

http://manga.yuedu365.com/upload/L/1HighschooloftheDead.jpg (http://manga.yuedu365.com/bookinfo/5003)

Icarus
January 28, 2009, 11:24 AM
looking for next chapter.. i think this is a good manga.. no group for the scanlations??

cgutierrez56
March 25, 2009, 09:28 PM
Man i hate the the author is on hiatus as far as this manga is concerned. It was really cool, I'm a fan of zombie flicks and this was a great way to get a good fix. Here's to hoping there'll be a volume 6.

choke_a_beech
May 22, 2009, 09:14 PM
Xamayon is a bloody awesome place to download the volumes!!! :) really, i aint kiddin. this place has crisp quality scans! i hear they're havin money troubles at the moment........hell if i win the lottery...i'll make a sizeable donation to that place! for sure! each volume is like around 50 megs...love, love this series! gotta love the commitment these translators have...to the manga and the fans.

Saeko is my favourite character. but there is something strange about her....she's got some hidden agenda, i can feel it

eyesotope
July 01, 2009, 08:02 AM
if anyone is up for a surprise, Xamayon released ch 23

caught me totally by surprise, as I thought it'll be on hiatus for a while.. very nice :cool:

Onomatopoeia
July 01, 2009, 12:40 PM
if anyone is up for a surprise, Xamayon released ch 23

caught me totally by surprise, as I thought it'll be on hiatus for a while.. very nice :cool:

Yup after about several months of nothing they finally release another chapter. Pretty sure it's because Xamayon likes to do volume releases.

Pretty sure the tag should be changed too: On Hiatus.

Also, psycho murderer on the loose. He'll kill the policewoman.

eyesotope
July 02, 2009, 06:10 AM
actually it was the manga authors who were on hiatus, not the scanlators :amuse

although they (the authors) managed to start another manga series a while back; Triage X (http://mangahelpers.com/m/triage-x).

bellcrossage
February 02, 2010, 12:11 PM
Breaking news: High School of the Dead is returning to publication after a long hiatus. Not only that, there is an anime coming of the manga.

For more information (and source), go here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-02/highschool-of-the-dead-manga-gets-anime-green-lit

The story doesn't say when the anime will be premiering, but I have a strong feeling that it will not be until 2011. The story also didn't say who will do the animation.

Wowzers
March 14, 2010, 06:40 PM
Looks like chapter 24 has finally been released. I picked it up from http://xamayon.org/.

Yes! The hiatus is over! :)

vintagemistakes
March 14, 2010, 10:04 PM
That was a pretty good chapter coming of a hiatus. Half way through I was starting to get a little worried that I'd have to go back and re-read everything, but once the flashback happened, everything started to come back to me. Looking forward to more.

conn-man
March 15, 2010, 05:36 PM
i thought there would never be another chapter, im glad its started back up again. ill probably reread it, ive forgotten a lot of character aspects.

shaheer
March 16, 2010, 11:31 AM
eh ist back from the on hiatus ??
and any way i thought it was a seinen y its a shonen sub thread??

Cedde
March 16, 2010, 11:37 AM
!! i thought it was gone for ever! so good its back on track!

shaheer
March 16, 2010, 12:44 PM
to tell he truth i have to read it almost all over again i forgot a lot of the nook and cranny of the plot

vintagemistakes
March 16, 2010, 01:54 PM
eh ist back from the on hiatus ??
and any way i thought it was a seinen y its a shonen sub thread??
Its in Monthly Dragon Age... which is a shonen mag.

Darek Khort
April 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
WHY??? WHY???
Why did Asami have to die???

masgrande
April 16, 2010, 12:23 PM
For that psycho kid too!!! Poor Kohta too, havng to kill his girl is just cruel.
R.I.P Asami ????-2010

jinoku
April 16, 2010, 12:24 PM
I know right. That coward on the top of the car should have been left there to get mauled. He damn sure wasn't worth two people.

Uruner
April 20, 2010, 09:26 AM
What are u saying.... Asami isn't dead yet!!! .... We've just seen him pointing at her face and then next panel is the sound of gun firing... Her head didn't splash about nor did her body fall... unless you've seen something i didn't... my bet is that she's gonna live... there are 2 reasons... first is that if he fired this gun, all the near zombies would swarm at them... so it wouldn't be economical :D .... it would be easier to fire at sky and it would have the effect of distracting the zombies from Asami ... trough they are not so stupid as to do that( i think :P) ... rather more likely that creazy psyho from van got a hold of some gun and started shooting to everything that moves... he's gonna get eaten and Asami will be fine ;p or one of the other characters started shooting zombies around Asami. ... Either way she lives.... The chapter ended here just for that reason... the doubt of what will happen next.... =^^=

Nodke
April 22, 2010, 11:13 PM
Uh Hpefully they think that when they shoot theyll just call the zombies on them selves so theyll just shoot the zombies and try to sve her cause ive never been so flusterda about a manga in my life like i just was from asamis supposed death

Uruner
April 23, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hahaha =^^= Nodke you must reaaaaaly like Asami if u got so flustrated =^^= either way let's just hope author doesn't go along and kill her just for the heck of it =^^=

azn_tht
June 28, 2010, 11:14 AM
the anime airs one week from today!!

AllezFlex
July 10, 2010, 07:01 PM
Hahaha =^^= Nodke you must reaaaaaly like Asami if u got so flustrated =^^= either way let's just hope author doesn't go along and kill her just for the heck of it =^^=

Nah he doesnt kill for the heck of it. Just to get rid of characters so that he can get back on to the main players and their new problems.
He did it before and will do it again.
Heck, you see it in most movies and other kind of work. Preventing that side characters start dragging down the story by their continued existence.

Btw, liked the anime by the way, not to much strange changes from the original and a pretty good animation.
Not to forget the thing that we missed the most from the manga. Boob motion and to many panty shots.

KonMan
July 14, 2010, 04:38 PM
And she's dead. Too bad. I liked her, too.

jinoku
July 15, 2010, 12:25 PM
Opened her head like a pumpkin... seemed like he should have shot the zombies at least into the point where they bite her.

BBB Banana
September 07, 2010, 10:12 PM
I find funny that all this manga needed was an anime to give it an huge push. A few years ago there weren't much people reading it. Now it is at the top 10 of many sites.

I just wished chapters were released faster. I think we had 1 chapter in one year :(

jamjamstyle
September 11, 2010, 05:16 PM
Spoilers c.27

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8651/111vu.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/i/111vu.jpg/)

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1294/112ny.th.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/112ny.jpg/)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2239/110ed.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/i/110ed.jpg/)

Bowser
September 11, 2010, 06:26 PM
I was wondering what happened to this manga. Could anybody give me a quick info boost on what happened to this manga and why its updating slowly etc?

BBB Banana
September 11, 2010, 06:31 PM
The author was in hiatus until a while ago because he has another series but I think he has returned to work now. The chapters are probably monthly iirc.

perroloco
November 08, 2010, 10:46 PM
Ey fans good news the first five volumes are gonna get rereleased in Japan with ALL Colored pages!! (Not just the color pages.. BUT EVERY PAGE COLORED!!)

kamakazi_1996
November 29, 2010, 12:40 PM
i love the manga and the anime even though its not very similar but it seems so slow becuase its only 1 chapter every month

jinoku
December 03, 2010, 02:12 PM
i love the manga and the anime even though its not very similar but it seems so slow becuase its only 1 chapter every month

btw takashi had sex with saeko and rei wtf whos next alice 0_0

Whoa, when did that happen?

kamakazi_1996
December 04, 2010, 02:22 PM
he had sex with saeko when they were in that dojo place after they got seperated from the rest of the group, it shows saeko and takashi doing an off scene kiss, then shows them exiting with saeko putting her skirt back on (or adjusting it), then when saeko kills all the zombies after takashi gropes her ( yes this is true he squeezed her tits) she says "will you take responsibility" and he replies "as you wish" meaning he might of got her pregnant. ( yes this is what happened no joke)

then he did it with rei when they were in sayas mansion when she confessed her feelings to him he put her on the bed and they did an off scene kiss and they were about to have sex but i would have to admit that i think they stopped halfway when rei said "ouch" because of her back injury so takashi stopped so rei went to apply ointment to it and left the room

so heres how it is:
takashi had sex with saeko:yes
takashi had sex with rei: almost

soz about the confusion b4

jinoku
December 06, 2010, 08:53 AM
Ah I remember that from the anime. Though like you said its all implied... but either way, Takashi is a making a harem. lol

maxikki
December 06, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ah I remember that from the anime. Though like you said its all implied... but either way, Takashi is a making a harem. lol

i saw that episode, but did that happen on the manga?? since the manga is the original story

jinoku
December 06, 2010, 01:51 PM
i saw that episode, but did that happen on the manga?? since the manga is the original story

Pretty sure its just the anime. Could be wrong though.

kamakazi_1996
December 20, 2010, 11:43 AM
Pretty sure its just the anime. Could be wrong though.

i read the manga and the anime the off scene kiss with takashi and saeko wasnt in the manga but her adjusting her skirt and asking for him to take responsibility is still in the manga but im still not sure what she meant by that.

it could be that she wants him to take responsibility when she fights so that she wont go out of control and hurt someone really badly.

we all know what happened to that rapist when he tried to rape her. :ck
she ;bash his ass
[hr]
This manga is incredible, i seriously cant get enough of this.

if there was a zombie invasion, i would take:
a huge breasted girl who knows how to use a spear
a sexy girl who knows, how to do kendo
a nurse with a rockin body
a cute pink haired genius
a heavy metal freak, who never misses his target
and while im at it ill just adopt a little girl

its the team to kill zombies IN STYLE :)

Zatono
December 20, 2010, 12:31 PM
It'd probably be relatively hard to find all that during a zombie invasion, but hell, I'd definitely try lmao.

Big Al
December 30, 2010, 08:12 PM
I just got into this HOTD few days ago...all I can said, great stuff :)

I drop by here to check if anyone know where else to read more scans cuz XLG has drop HOTD after chapter 26 (stuipd licensed). I already found the other two more chapter (27-28) but it got no credit so I have no idea who scans them two. And as I recall, there should be another chapter this month but I can't find it anywhere. So like I said, anyone know who the new scans?

EDIT: Never mind, I just check the last page of act 28. "Next chapter in the february issue, on sale January 8th" ( :s do that mean it release in Jan or Feb, I get bloody confused with that, lol). So, the question are still the same, anyone know who the new scans are?

Ps.

takashi had sex with saeko

....what aload of bo***ck!

I don't know anything anime (haven't watch it and not into anime that much). But in manga, I don't see anything see anything to do with kissy kissy and wham-bam-thank-you-very-much-madam, even in off-screen.

I know she adjusting her skirt in manga, that could mean she put it on first thing in the morning, I am a bloke so I don't know much about women but I can tell that really gotta be discomforeble to sleep with that on! If you don't agree with me, go ask some girl around.

Asking takashi to take responsibility, could mean she asking him to stop her if she goes all wacko on everyone else after killing too many zombies or ask him to take care on everyone and herself cuz she (include everyone) showing some repect on him now.

kamakazi_1996
January 01, 2011, 12:36 PM
I just got into this HOTD few days ago...all I can said, great stuff :)

I drop by here to check if anyone know where else to read more scans cuz XLG has drop HOTD after chapter 26 (stuipd licensed). I already found the other two more chapter (27-28) but it got no credit so I have no idea who scans them two. And as I recall, there should be another chapter this month but I can't find it anywhere. So like I said, anyone know who the new scans?

EDIT: Never mind, I just check the last page of act 28. "Next chapter in the february issue, on sale January 8th" ( :s do that mean it release in Jan or Feb, I get bloody confused with that, lol). So, the question are still the same, anyone know who the new scans are?

Ps.

....what aload of bo***ck!

I don't know anything anime (haven't watch it and not into anime that much). But in manga, I don't see anything see anything to do with kissy kissy and wham-bam-thank-you-very-much-madam, even in off-screen.

I know she adjusting her skirt in manga, that could mean she put it on first thing in the morning, I am a bloke so I don't know much about women but I can tell that really gotta be discomforeble to sleep with that on! If you don't agree with me, go ask some girl around.

Asking takashi to take responsibility, could mean she asking him to stop her if she goes all wacko on everyone else after killing too many zombies or ask him to take care on everyone and herself cuz she (include everyone) showing some repect on him now.

i already know all that :amuse im just saying what countless other people have been saying, a lot of viewers think that in the anime they had sex, even i had thought of that at first but then i relised after reading the manga and watching the anime 2x that they couldnt have becuase it would be waay too crazy if that were to happen and the plot would be ruined :(

its confusing becuase the manga and the anime are really different e.g appearances, timeline and scenes

Big Al
January 01, 2011, 07:16 PM
i already know all that :amuse im just saying what countless other people have been saying, a lot of viewers think that in the anime they had sex, even i had thought of that at first but then i relised after reading the manga and watching the anime 2x that they couldnt have becuase it would be waay too crazy if that were to happen and the plot would be ruined :(

its confusing becuase the manga and the anime are really different e.g appearances, timeline and scenes

Yeah, that why I not into anime cuz it ruin it all (expect One Piece + Dragonball Kai :amuse).

Btw, I found other scans site from MF's forum...

http://torpedotits.blogspot.com/

Also get a chance to download all the scans by XLG from that site too.

elitefox
January 06, 2011, 07:58 PM
I thought this was a seinen lol

but this is good stuff, the girls are not just there to flirt around except for the nurse maybe. but anyway kurumo attracts most of the girls lol, the lardy might not even get the pink haired girl lol.

well it is survival.

I hope it become wsj/weekly :D

kamakazi_1996
January 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
Lol XD by lardy you mean hirano, when i started reading the manga i thought saeko might take an interest in hirano and then saya and rei would get into a love rivalship but i was proven completely wrong :D instead saeko and rei got into the rivalship.

Soon saya migyt fall in love with hirano because even though she fancies takashi she is not madly in love with him like rei and saeko, but if saya has a romantic event with takashi i might think differently because so far only rei and saeko has had an event with takashi, and it might be saya's turn next.

i also thought it was a seinen
i was thinking after i read it
hmmmmmmmmmm........
-SO MUCH BLOOD/VIOLENCE/GORE
-this manga has huge titted girls
-a rapist molesting a girl in a petrol station
-three girls in a bath and one of them checking how big their boobs are by touching them
-Student having dry sex on a bus
-has a girl who gets her right tit squeezed so hard it could pop by another male and after she thanks him for doing it.

It combines two things men love the most......Boobs and violence

elitefox
January 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
Lol XD by lardy you mean hirano, when i started reading the manga i thought saeko might take an interest in hirano and then saya and rei would get into a love rivalship but i was proven completely wrong :D instead saeko and rei got into the rivalship.

Soon saya migyt fall in love with hirano because even though she fancies takashi she is not madly in love with him like rei and saeko, but if saya has a romantic event with takashi i might think differently because so far only rei and saeko has had an event with takashi, and it might be saya's turn next.

i also thought it was a seinen
i was thinking after i read it
hmmmmmmmmmm........
-SO MUCH BLOOD/VIOLENCE/GORE
-this manga has huge titted girls
-a rapist molesting a girl in a petrol station
-three girls in a bath and one of them checking how big their boobs are by touching them
-Student having dry sex on a bus
-has a girl who gets her right tit squeezed so hard it could pop by another male and after she thanks him for doing it.

It combines two things men love the most......Boobs and violence

wahahaha can't stop laughing and hurting my stomach, boobs and violence... I really don't know who categorize this one though but some seinen looks like shoujo/shonen compared to this one.

maybe because the characters are still in high school ;)

kamakazi_1996
February 06, 2011, 06:57 PM
chapter 29 still hasn't arrived translated even though it was supposed to be released on January 11th 2011 and be followed up with the February OVA anime special but none of them have come yet!

does anyone know when it will be released?

Big Al
February 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
chapter 29 still hasn't arrived translated even though it was supposed to be released on January 11th 2011 and be followed up with the February OVA anime special but none of them have come yet!

does anyone know when it will be released?

29 should be release by March (I think)

Check this site http://torpedotits.blogspot.com/ it give update of whatabout of HOTD and it own scan, like I had say before.

kamakazi_1996
March 05, 2011, 06:31 AM
29 should be release by March (I think)

Check this site http://torpedotits.blogspot.com/ it give update of whatabout of HOTD and it own scan, like I had say before.

LMAO "torpedo tits" :D probably a reference of saeko

thx for the update

•Sasuke•
March 10, 2011, 09:50 AM
Chapter 29 Spoilers

Source: MHideout (http://www.mangahideout.com/content.php/98-Highschool-of-The-Dead-29-Spoilers)
Credits: Luffy-Kun

http://thumbnails38.imagebam.com/12297/cb459a122965080.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/cb459a122965080)

Additional Images:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/786db8122965093
http://www.imagebam.com/image/5e1e63122965088
http://www.imagebam.com/image/e02767122965101

kamakazi_1996
March 13, 2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/high-school-of-the-dead/29 chapter 29 is here!!!
[hr]
This chapter was worth the wait i couldn't stop laughing about the intro with the condom :XD im glad to see nothing has changed about the unneeded fan service, Shizuka getting cum all over her, she has a really dirty mind :) saya shooting the zombies boobs and getting a headshot made me LOL, saeko with an umbrella is so cool, you just know you cant mess with her on a rainy day and they finally found one of their parents, another sexy woman who knows how to fight :D it would be very awkward if kiriko made moves on takashi like shizuka has done many times before but i doubt that would happen.

Zatono
March 13, 2011, 03:10 PM
LOL at that panel of Shizuka with the "net" getting on her. If that wasn't the artist showing his porn side, then idk what is. Also, lol at the sexist bullet.

kamakazi_1996
March 13, 2011, 06:40 PM
http://dubhappy.com/highschool-of-the-dead-episode-1-english-dub/

I CANT BELIEVE THEY DUBBED IT

the first episode of H.O.T.D dubbed, their voices are good but im more used to the japanese ones, its still good though

maxikki
May 10, 2011, 07:51 AM
when is chapter 30 coming out? at the end of the manga it says on May 9th.

•Sasuke•
May 10, 2011, 08:24 AM
source: http://torpedotits.blogspot.com/

This month, instead of a new chapter, we get a color version of another of the extra chapters, this time "Dead Illusion" (the one with Morita talking about girls he wants as his groupies). I don't know if this means we'll be getting more full color volumes eventually, but I'm kind of disappointed there's no new content... but oh well, whatcha gonna do.

If you want some updates on stuff going on around here, the full color volumes are progressing slowly but surely, as is progress on the black and white volumes.

halfcrzy
May 10, 2011, 12:59 PM
That's kinda lame. He has had like 1 release in the last year and he is trying to stall for time it seems by doing extra's. Blaaa I wanna see ch 30

Cannibal713
November 03, 2011, 08:47 PM
I was poking around today for new reading material and rememered that, a long time ago, I was keeping up with this manga title...A guilty pleasure to be sure, but Ive liked the 'zombie apocalypse genre' sence Remero scarred (scared is it too lite a word) me as a child with Night of the Living Dead. Anyway I remembered I was looking for the next issue that never came, Chapter 30 HighSchool of the Dead...I had totaly forgotten to even keep an eye out for this title. What has happened? The anime was poor, but not unsucessfull. Is there some licensing BS going on w/ the anime producers or something? I cant seem to find any news and even speculations seems to have dried up. A profitable franchise just doesnt end unless there is some kind of lidigation or bargining going on. Anybody hear anything?

c

syx
April 09, 2013, 11:21 PM
I wanted to read old Tower of God chapters, when I suddenly saw this:

-> | Highschool of the Dead - Chapter 30 - Mangahere| <- (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/high_school_of_the_dead/v07/c030/)

-> | Highschool of the Dead - Chapter 30 - Mangapanda | <- (http://www.mangapanda.com/high-school-of-the-dead/30)

I'm shocked! Any other followers out there?

conn-man
April 09, 2013, 11:55 PM
I thought it was gone forever! Thank you translating community!

Cool chapter, it opens the plot for just about anything.

Excellent zombie killing as well.

Cannibal713
April 10, 2013, 04:41 AM
Holy crap! I had stopped even checking on new HOTD chapters. After all these months, the Satos better have some damn good chapters to release. It would be inexcusable to put out crap after all the time they had to polish them.

yieps
April 10, 2013, 05:46 AM
It is possible that this is just a one shot as there is no new chapter next month, see http://hotdead.blogspot.ca/2013/04/hotd-not-returning-next-month.html
So take your time enjoying this one.