PDA

View Full Version : What will the new arc be?

Imperium
December 07, 2007, 01:46 PM
Seeing as this arc is about to end, i thought i'd make this thread. What do you think the new arc will be?

As for me i think it will have something to do with igneel and the other dragons. Im sure the mangaka didnt give us that new revelation for nothing.:amuse

Zwivix
December 07, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yea thats probably gonna be it. It's all gonna lead to the Council having to do something with it.

I dont know why, I always dont trust the people that have power, they always end up being the most evil! ^^

Impel Down
December 07, 2007, 07:36 PM
I doubt the "dragon" arc will be next. Sounds way too major to be fully taken on next and so soon. This whole thing with dragons seems more like a heads-up to the readers to interest them in something coming, and showing what a main focus may be in the series.

I think whatever the next chapter is will have a lot to do with it, because the hard title, "Resolve", and Loki's missing, so I think he might have an arc about him and Stellar Star mages or something.

Terasiel
December 09, 2007, 07:59 PM
I expect a dieing down of details and a heavy focus on the workings of the councils themselves. If someone like Makarov is punished, you can imagine that his "betters" will be introduced more fully this time around.

Question is, will they simply rebuild the Guild or remodel another building?
Just for bragging sake, I have amazing, amazing, amazing timing when it comes to "when to start reading" stories. I began this about the same day Chapter 66 came out, and I ended on this chapter, obviously. Wonderful climax to come down on, huh? (I ended Berserk on the chapter before the Pope bowed, Naruto right before the Rescue Sasuke arc's final battle was completed, and DGray Man on the chapter when everyone arrived back home from the Arc.)

noonethere
December 10, 2007, 09:00 AM
Or maybe they'll take over Lucy's appartment:D
I also think that the next arc will be centered around the council but first they must reveal the secrets surrounding the father of Lucyand her stellar spirit.
Maybe we'll learn more about Sieglein and his relation with Erza and fairy tail and a few more details about dragons and dragon slayers.
I agree with Impel Down that Loki might have a greater role in the next arc given that he was barely active in this one.

Impel Down
December 10, 2007, 09:15 AM
^ Loki hasn't really done shit in any of the arcs. We don't even really know what his magic is, although, the same applies to Kana.

It might be a Counsel-related arc, but I think Makarov saying he'd be arrested was more of a joke than being serious.

Terasiel
December 10, 2007, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't go as far as arrested; but tried and... let's call it paroled with heavy limitations for a short period of time isn't too farfetched.

Impel Down
December 11, 2007, 08:38 AM
Maybe the same thing will happen to him as happened to Erza.

He'll just show up, say some stuff, be about to be released and then Natsu will burst in and force them to stay the night in prison.

Jammer
December 11, 2007, 08:47 AM
when they put so many 7s mentioning about the dragons - I suppose dragons are 7 too and they are also 7 dragon slayers - so IMO in the following arcs Natsu will meet every one of them and either fight them or befriend them - it depends on their character and current story-relation... but at the end all seven of them will join forces to fight with the one responsible for the dragon's disappearance ^^
actually now when I think about it one of the dragon slayers might have locked somewhere up the dragons - maybe the young one in the council - but that's speculating whether he's a dragon slayer or no - but he knows about Natsu being a dragon slayer.. maybe from Igneel himself :)

Impel Down
December 11, 2007, 01:38 PM
Or he's the one who took Igneel or all the Dragon Slayers are part of his plan. In the chapter where Natsu broke Erza out of prison (well...not really), Seig Lein commented on how he found where Natsu is finally. It seems that he's trying to keep tabs on all the Dragon Slayers.

But Natsu traveling the world looking for Dragon Slayers next seems a bit odd. He just goes where new information is, but he still takes FT as his home and guild. Also, could it be that Seig Lein is a DS?

Jammer
December 12, 2007, 01:33 AM
i wasn't implying that Natsu will go to look exclusively for Dragon Slayers but that he'll eventually meet them while doing FT jobs ;)
but actually that was something like a long-time prediction xD for the next arc I hope they travel more and get to beat another Dark Guild ^^

jacke12
January 04, 2010, 03:28 PM
what do you think?
It would be great if there will be arc that include something about Lisana the sister of MiraJane and Elfman it would be cool because she had feelings for Natsu

naruto91
January 04, 2010, 03:39 PM
i don't think...there will be only a flashback, nothing more

Markalas
January 04, 2010, 03:55 PM
Well If Lisana had a HUGE impact on the majority of the characters then maybe but I think they'll just stick to flashbacks.

Unlucky Boy
January 04, 2010, 04:31 PM
I would really love if she comes back somehow and be evil, lol

UTM
January 04, 2010, 05:11 PM
I like to .. but I think it will gana be a good flashbacks about her cuz mira chan & elfman lost there power and the will to fight Specialy mira after lisana died = )

Krono
January 05, 2010, 12:31 AM

Unlikely, Mashima's pretty good about keeping dead characters dead. Probably why his writing style runs to ambiguous ends for villains. On the ground, motionless, abandoned in a place that later collapses and/or explodes is something someone can be brought back from. Ground zero of a fortress annihilating explosion on the other hand... not so much.

HappyStealer
January 11, 2010, 10:56 AM
Would love to see an arc with lisana though I doubt it. Maybe some flashbacks on how she died/her relationship with natsu. Man, seems like lisana is a real sour spot for natsu.... she must of really cared for him and he seems to at least harbor something for her.

Was wanting to know more about lisana though

It may be me but lisana kinda looks like lucy but with short white hair instead of long blonde hair. Maybe thats why natsu was drawn to lucy.... Hmmmmmm

[hr]

That would be a nice twist for natsu and for the fans!

Hiro Hayase
January 11, 2010, 10:49 PM
Im 100% certain there will be an arc about Lisana as evidenced from the lastest FT chapter.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/166/13/

Sollum
January 13, 2010, 06:37 AM
Of course she will be back! Maybe not as a good charter, but still

Finale
January 16, 2010, 02:01 PM
I think at the least we will she the circumstances surrounding her death and where Natsu was when it happened.

NoT LucK e
January 17, 2010, 12:24 AM
I really really hope it happens. It'd be so sweet.

kkck
January 17, 2010, 03:02 AM
I don't think there will be an arc "with" lisane but maybe just "about" lisana. Her death could be related to the grand scheme of things. There could be a short gaiden though. She has appeared in 1 chapter but she really grew on me there. To bad she died.

Lee-tyme7
January 17, 2010, 05:45 AM
I wanna know what actually went down with mira jane and them and who was the one responsible for Lisarna's death?

monkey D luffy
January 17, 2010, 09:29 AM
i think her death is directly connected to the mirajane of today, the one who is nice and doesnt use magic to attack. i think that in the past when she was still abitch she actually killed lisana herself without meaning and thats what made her the girl she is today

Newkerzy
January 17, 2010, 09:41 AM
:facepalmhttp://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/55/06/ It's right there folks!!! Elfman was the one who accidentally killed her. Not Mira.

kkck
January 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
:facepalmhttp://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/55/06/ It's right there folks!!! Elfman was the one who accidentally killed her. Not Mira.

True, but why did elfman went ahead with the full body transformation at that time? It is possible he simply wanted to master his magic but it is also plausible there was something dangerous going on at the time and he was forced into the transformation. It is possible that something could be related to the grand scheme of things.

Krono
January 17, 2010, 02:37 PM
True, but why did elfman went ahead with the full body transformation at that time? It is possible he simply wanted to master his magic but it is also plausible there was something dangerous going on at the time and he was forced into the transformation. It is possible that something could be related to the grand scheme of things.

My personal theory is that the three of them were on a mission that Mirajane picked out. The mission turned out to be more difficult than Lisanna and Elfman were ready for, and Elfman needed a full body take over to make up the difference.

At which point things went to hell, and when the dust settled Lisanna was dead, Elfman was traumatized by the knowledge that he'd lost control and killed her, and Mirajane was traumatized by the knowledge that she hadn't been considerate when picking the mission and that she'd been unable to protect her siblings when it turned out she'd pushed them too hard.

Lee-tyme7
January 17, 2010, 09:15 PM
My personal theory is that the three of them were on a mission that Mirajane picked out. The mission turned out to be more difficult than Lisanna and Elfman were ready for, and Elfman needed a full body take over to make up the difference.

At which point things went to hell, and when the dust settled Lisanna was dead, Elfman was traumatized by the knowledge that he'd lost control and killed her, and Mirajane was traumatized by the knowledge that she hadn't been considerate when picking the mission and that she'd been unable to protect her siblings when it turned out she'd pushed them too hard.

That does seem plausable, Mirajane being how she was back then. But she seem so much different now compare to the past, almost as if she lost her memories. ^^

Newkerzy
January 18, 2010, 09:49 AM

I guess you're right since there's this (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/56/05/). & also, I wonder how Natsu felt when he found out that Elfman was the one that killed her. I bet there was some tension between them for a while. Man, I really hope we get to see more of their relationship.

jacke12
January 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe we can see her in the new Arc like when someone die his soul goes to Eldoras and they live in there

Kravmaga
January 24, 2010, 02:12 AM
Maybe we can see her in the new Arc like when someone die his soul goes to Eldoras and they live in there

Actually, the eldoras counterpart of lisana could simply still be alive seeing how the eldoras elfman is a wimp...

jacke12
January 24, 2010, 06:12 AM
Actually, the eldoras counterpart of lisana could simply still be alive seeing how the eldoras elfman is a wimp...

But from what you said, Lisana won't know Natsu Because Natsu and Wendy do not exist in Eldoras

Newkerzy
January 24, 2010, 10:56 AM
But at the very least, just seeing her alive will be good enough to give him a heart attack.....:p

Kravmaga
January 24, 2010, 05:45 PM
But from what you said, Lisana won't know Natsu Because Natsu and Wendy do not exist in Eldoras

Yeah but that won't stop them from meeting...
It'd be basically a good excuse to revisit her magnolia version's past and such.

Sollum
January 24, 2010, 07:19 PM
The more i think about "mirror" stuff, the more i belief its not their "alternative version", they are just transformed themselves. Maybe Anima does stuff like "change of hearth" or just shows people what they really look like.

Random Spoiler Idea: Mystogan is Gazelle human looking cat :>

HappyStealer
January 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
With the way lisana has been constantly mentioned in the past several chapters, I would not be surprised if we see Lisana in eidoras. That twist would be epic though.

It may be me but lisana kinda looks like lucy but with short white hair instead of long blonde hair. Maybe thats why natsu was drawn to lucy.... Hmmmmmm

That would be a nice twist for natsu and for the fans!

And hahaha, i was right on the money.

Hmmmmm, with the way things are looking, lucy seems like she's starting to harbor feelings for natsu.

Hmmmmm.... i wonder if the author purposely did natsu's mouth in a partial heart shape when he yelled Lisanna.....

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/170-42/7