PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 07:26 PM
So here's the deal.
Lots of us here have many question to ask Oda-Sensei.
Many of us have just some random stuffs to tell him too.
So I thought of making a SBS collection thread of whoever wants to ask Oda anything, here on this forum. Then asking a translator to translate it to Japanese, and then, send it to One-Piece's SBS section in Japan, represnting our whole One-Piece international community in those forums.
For further details about what and specific SBS: http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS
So just feel free to post whatever outrageous questions/remarks you have for Oda-sensei, and eventually we'll lock this thread, translate most of them and send him, hopefully receiving an answer.
(It would also be greatly appreciated if you check existing SBS's, to see if your quesion wasn't asked yet).

Hope this project will go well.
-Absulutio.

Here are the current SBS's.. I'll keep updating it frequently:

Imitorar: -what's the source for Enel's name?
-Oda-sensei! Back during the Davy Back Fight, Usopp said that an afro fills you with the power of Africa. But Brook has an afro, and it doesn't seem to fill him with the power of Africa! Why not, Oda-sensei, why is Brook immune to the powers of the afro?!-Afro Researcher.

kazuma_uzumaki: -Since Luffy's whole body is rubber is it ever possible for him to break his bones?
-What would happen if Ussop or Kaku ever tried to kiss someone

gdupninja: -Hey Oda if you were in Onepiece which girl would you take as your woman?

MrStrawHat: -Oda Sensai! I want you to give our One Piece international Community in MangaHelpers.com a Pirate Crew name!
-Oda Sensai..... Every1 Likes One Piece in Korea! SO...... In Memorial for me and you, my hero meeting, I would like to say, (you guessed it!) 'Let us begin SBS!!!' Yahoo! it's almost to new year!

Imitorar
December 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
Alright, I'll kick this thread off with a question or two of my own. The first is, what's the source for Enel's name? (To finally settle the "Enel or Ener" argument).

The second one, in SBS format...

Oda-sensei! Back during the Davy Back Fight, Usopp said that an afro fills you with the power of Africa. But Brook has an afro, and it doesn't seem to fill him with the power of Africa! Why not, Oda-sensei, why is Brook immune to the powers of the afro?!-Afro Researcher.

In all honesty, I can't believe nobody's ever asked that second one before, it's a very obvious, and SBS-ish question.

gdupninja
December 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
Good idea absuloto

Oda sensei Who is Luffy's mother?

kazuma_uzumaki
December 11, 2007, 07:55 PM
what does sbs stand for anyways?

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
I doubt that we'll get any answer for "Luffy's mother" since it's to "plottish"..
But nice one Imitorar!
I'll think of a nice one too in my sleep.. :p

gdupninja
December 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
what does sbs stand for anyways?

Shitsumon o Boshū Suru, "I'm Taking Questions

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 07:57 PM
"SBS stands for Shitsumon o Boshuu Suru, which translates to, "I'm taking questions""

from the link in the first post..

gdupninja
December 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
Oda sensei if you could eat a Devil Fruit which would it be and why?

kazuma_uzumaki
December 11, 2007, 08:10 PM
I have one :D this is a serious one.. sort of..

Since Luffy's whole body is rubber is it ever possible for him to break his bones?

gdupninja
December 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hey Oda if you were in Onepiece which girl would you take as your woman?
Nami or Robin?

kazuma_uzumaki
December 11, 2007, 08:21 PM
Heres a funny one

"What would happen if Ussop or Kaku ever tried to kiss someone

MrStrawHat
December 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
Oda sensei if you could eat a Devil Fruit which would it be and why?

This has been answered in Fan Book in korea, he said the fruit Buggy ate, and for no apparent reason.
My questions!

Oda Sensai! I want you to give our One Piece international Community in MangaHelpers.com a Pirate Crew name!

Oda Sensai..... Every1 Likes One Piece in Korea! SO...... In Memorial for me and you, my hero meeting, I would like to say, (you guessed it!) 'Let us begin SBS!!!' Yahoo! it's almost to new year!

Impel Down
December 12, 2007, 12:24 PM
To Imi, Enel is an Italian power company.

And are you saying Brook doesn't have the Fist of the Afro? It's pretty clear to me that he does.

Imitorar
December 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
Impel, we just GUESSED that that was what Enel was. It could be a reference to something else, it could be that it's Ener and is short for "energy". There is no confirmation.

And if YOU think Brook acts anything like Afro Luffy did... I'm not sure how you can be helped. The Afro doesn't affect him, or he wouldn't be "The Gentleman Skeleton", because gentlemen don't have afros. They just don't. But either way, this isn't the place to discuss Enel or Brook. There are other threads for that, and discussions pertaining to those two characters should take place in those threads.

Absolutio
December 12, 2007, 03:59 PM
Editted the first thread with the sum of the current SBS's.. I'll keep updating it frequently..
Still haven't got one myself.. But I'm getting there! :D

Dice
December 12, 2007, 06:31 PM
I want to know:
In chapter 476 just before becoming Nightmare-Luffy Luffy receives a shadow of a famous swordsman from the marines. Who was this marine? I think he looks a little bit like Kaku.

Shojin
December 13, 2007, 08:44 PM
This sounds like fun! I think I'll give it a shot.

3 questions:

1. Hey Oda-sensai! Hello I am John, nice to meet you! What are your favorite Nico Robin outfits? Mine are:

The hot outfit she wore at the end of opening 4 (bon voyage), which I think with some modifications it will make a sweet and sexy secret spy outfit! ^_^

Water 7/enies lobby outfit

Thriller Bark outfit

Robitta Outfit

Her third outfit from One Piece Movie 7 : Karakuri Castle's Mecha Giant Soldier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Hi Oda, I just wanna ask about something that I been wandering about for quite sometime now and its about the Rokushiki style, the style that was used by the now-defunct CP9. Its just that I have been a big fan of both fictional and real life martial arts for a long time and one of the many things that I do know is when there is a master (like Rob Lucci), there is always a grandmaster. So I am guessing that who ever taught the members of CP9 the style might very well be a high ranking member of the world government, possibly one of the Gorōsei. So is there by any chance we might see the teacher in the future?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Hi Oda-samma, Now I know this is going to sound unusual and I don't know if this have asked before but its just that for the past several months, I started getting back into doing what I haven't done since my high school years: Mixing up different fighting styles, Both real life and fictional, with my favorite characters from different series (Even with characters who are not martial arts talented) as well as making up move lists for them! So I just want to show you this fan made move list that I did just for fun which involves my favorite character, Nico Robin using different variations of Rokushiki and I just want to see what do you think of it.
Note that this is far from being complete and there are a lot of errors here and there so sorry if this looks messy:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=371966&postcount=1

Like I said before, That movelist is far from being complete so it still needs a LOT of work. But it would be nice to see if you can make it look alot better, as well as drawing pics of some of the techniques, and even coming up with some techniques yourself. I would also would like to mention that after I am done with this little "Rokushiki Robin" project of mine, I am also going to start on my next martial arts project with Robin called "Nico Robin: Huaquándào style (Way of the blossoming fist)", which is a fighting style that is a combination of her Hana Hana no Mi abilities and various forms of Chinese martial arts, mainly internal styles. Pretty cool, eh?

BTW, here's my fanart of Robin which is also a preview of my next project:

NOTE: My art skills are really amatuarish so sorry if it looks crappy but it would be cool if you can do something great with this as well.

http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/33915/5_Wushu_Robin___Complete_by_Shinjojin.jpg

OK, thats all! Sorry if this is too much. Its just that I have a lot of things to ask him.

Absolutio
December 16, 2007, 07:01 AM
It's ok.. We still don't know the format of the SBS we'll send, so anything is acceptable atm..

ANBU4U
December 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
Impel, we just GUESSED that that was what Enel was. It could be a reference to something else, it could be that it's Ener and is short for "energy". There is no confirmation.

And if YOU think Brook acts anything like Afro Luffy did... I'm not sure how you can be helped. The Afro doesn't affect him, or he wouldn't be "The Gentleman Skeleton", because gentlemen don't have afros. They just don't. But either way, this isn't the place to discuss Enel or Brook. There are other threads for that, and discussions pertaining to those two characters should take place in those threads.

Oh Contre. ALL men with Afro's are in fact gentleman....they're just ALSO BMF's.

And Brooke is most certainly a bad mother fucker.

Shojin
December 16, 2007, 08:06 PM
It's ok.. We still don't know the format of the SBS we'll send, so anything is acceptable atm..

Ok, thanks!

Btw, would it also be a good idea to post this project over at AP as well? Since its currently the most popular OP message board, I think you might get alot of people that way and as they all say, the more the marrier. :D

Absolutio
December 19, 2007, 10:22 PM
Although you're right.. It will be hard to manage this thread/merge it in two different forums. Not to mention I don't even have an AP account.. :s But I might try it eventually when this thread get a bit more buffed.
[hr]
Ok... Finally I have my SBS:
Oda-sensei.. At chapter 256, pages 18-19 Luffy sings a song (about the north/south/east/western islands), and I've gotta know, who wrote this song?!?! Is it Luffy? Is luffy secretly a music composer? and the reason he wants a musician in his crew so badly is because he wants to make a Gomu Gomu Rock Band?!?!? If you won't answer me my nose-hair will stop growing!!
-Gomu Gomu Rock Band no. #1 fan!

Organizized
December 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hello Oda-sensei. At the first encounter with Brooke, he asks Nami and Robin if he can see their panties. Why would he do this? Being a skeleton, he shouldn't have any of his manly, sacred parts left. Thus, in theory he shouldn't have any of those instincts left, so would he really gain anything from this?

kazuma_uzumaki
December 26, 2007, 11:39 PM
This isn't a question for but of SBS

Does anyone know how someone knows his/her letter is the first or last in the sbs?

Because in some of them the question states that it's the beginning/end of SBS

Absolutio
December 27, 2007, 06:01 AM
Oda picks up the order.. :P

DutchPhoenix
December 27, 2007, 06:42 AM
what is the doriki from

luffy
zoro
sanji
franki
chopper with rumble

Shojin
January 04, 2008, 11:46 AM
^I would like to know myself.

In fact, how about this:

Hey Oda, What is the Doriki of all the Strawhats?

kazuma_uzumaki
January 14, 2008, 12:40 AM
another question ABOUT the sbs

what's with the letters every like 2 voulmes of the guy wanting that wierd ass picture to be in the 7 armed seas

zoidvibe
January 14, 2008, 06:16 AM
Ok, I have two questions for the SBS:

1. Oda! In chapter 433 - "Thriller Bark," on page seven, Brooks said, "I have strong roots." Was this an innuendo in reference to the novel ROOTS: The Saga of an American Family by Alex Haley? I believe everyone assumes that Brook is of African descent with his Afro and all.... and I know the novel is about an African-American family. Any connection?

2. Does Zoro cut his own hair? I know he has a fascination with cutting anything and everything with his sword skills. Did Zoro at one time or another practice cosmetology? I noticed he can seem a bit touchy about the subject of his hair, especially when someone incorrectly mentions his hairstyle, "Moss-head" ....or something akin.

Dark-Kaomi
January 16, 2008, 07:02 PM
another question ABOUT the sbs

what's with the letters every like 2 voulmes of the guy wanting that wierd ass picture to be in the 7 armed seas

It's just a running gag.

My turn:
ODA-SENSEI!!!!!!! I have a serious question that is really bugging me. How do the islands of one of the blue seas know about each other? I guess some found out by cross the Red Line but what about those who had to cross the Grand Line? How did they meet? This is making my brain melt.

Oda-sama. Why don't the Marines just use their newly created sea stone ships to cross the Calm Belt closer to the end of the Grand Line and find the One Piece themselves? Is it because of the Four Emperors? Also, where exactly on the Grand Line is the main Marine Headquarters located?

Shojin
January 16, 2008, 08:14 PM
OK here's another one:

Hey Oda, I have a question about Kalifa. Now if I remember correctly, one has to know how to use all six forms of Rokushiki to be a Rokushiki user, but Kalifa had not once used Tekkai throughout the whole W7/Enies Lobby arc which leaves me to believe that she either:

1. Doesn't know how to do Tekkai and thus like Nero, she doesn't know all six forms and only knows five of them, thus makes her a Goshiki user.

OR

2. Does know how to do Tekkai but she just can't use it properly due to not having the required Dokuri.

So Oda what is she? Is she a real Rokushiki user or is she actually just a mere Goshiki user?

Imitorar
January 16, 2008, 08:27 PM
Or maybe she just... didn't bother using it. I don't think Blueno ever used Shigan. Just because she didn't use all 6 doesn't mean she didn't know them.

Shojin
January 16, 2008, 11:17 PM
Or maybe she just... didn't bother using it. Just because she didn't use all 6 doesn't mean she didn't know them.

Or that too. But still I would of liked to see her use Tekkai at least once rather then not at all.

I don't think Blueno ever used Shigan.

Actually he did use it a couple of times. One of those times is while he was fighting Luffy at Enies Lobby.

Flacks
January 22, 2008, 11:22 AM
Sounds fun. <3

Oda-sensei, I have two questions! :3
1) What did Brooke look like when he was alive?
2) Since Chopper ate the Hito-hito fruit, does that mean that he has the lifespan of a human? Or does he still have the lifespan of an animal? D:

Dark-Kaomi
January 23, 2008, 09:42 PM
Another!

Oda-san. Can you only travel the Grand Line one way? Also, how did Krieg get out of the Grand Line?

omni-giri
January 24, 2008, 01:31 AM
*cracks fingers* me and my brother debate about questions like this. i've always wnted to nail Oda-Sensi with a couple rounds....heregoes...

Oda-Sensi, how do Den Den Mushi's contact eachother? what is the source of their power? (telepath?) and how do the Den Den mushi know which other Den Den Mushi to contact?
If Marines can get past the calm belt, why can't pirates? where does the marines get their sea stone? why can't pirates put it on their ship and find One Piece? (like stay outside of the calm belt untill they get to rafadel {idk how to spell the last island's name} then go through the calm bet right to the island.)
oh and why did don make an armor out of sea stone and metal? it would make him more powerful, and Don had so many crew members it would have been easy to steal some sea stone.
why don't they make seastone bullets? it could harm elemental class DF users!

there's my two cence. i still have a buttload more, but this is all for now. thanks for posting this!!

Absolutio
January 24, 2008, 11:20 AM
Den-Den mushi has already been answered somewhere in the SBS. To make it short, yes it's telephatical more or less, and human harnessed their powers for their behalf. And since they feed the snails, they give them their services. Moreover, there are several types of den dens. Baby type (close range communication), normal (high range) and "listning" device for spying.
Thye marines can pass the calm belt by putting sea stones in the bottom of the ships. Sea stones emit the same energy of the sea, so the sea kings don't notice them. And passingit will be with steam engines or paddles or w/e.
According to smoker, Sea Stone is a mystery even to the marines, and there's only one place in the world where you can get it.
Why can't pirates just put sea stone and go through the calm belt? Maybe it's really hard to get, and probably you can only get it in the grandline. And if you're there, you just as well go through there. And Raftel is a mystery. No one knows anything about what surrounds it, so it might only be accesible through the grand line. And oda won't spoiler us.
by Don I guess you meant Don Krieg. Maybe sea stone is harder to shape, and then he wouldn't have had a tricky armor. And it might also probably be more expensive.
Why wouldn't they steal sea stones. Coz they're weak.
Seastone bullets. I also thought about it. There are probably sea stone bullets, but again, expensive.

Schabrak
February 03, 2008, 02:24 PM
I have one :D this is a serious one.. sort of..

Since Luffy's whole body is rubber is it ever possible for him to break his bones?

As Luffy hardens his bones in Gear 3rd, I am pretty sure, that he actually can breakt his bones that way.

Astral_Shive
February 07, 2008, 07:09 PM
Ok so if letter that this is mine:P

Hey ODaaa this is your fan....i mean One piece fan.......:D

In chapter 486 in one of the pages (11 i think no idea what page is that in Shounen Jump)
you show us Brook eating with fork in right hand and knife in left one, juut too show us again that he had no manners??

In chapter 487 we see Panda crew....Do they were strong pirates in those times or that was just crew that was in West blue by accident??? supposed pirates......

Thx Oddachi have nice year !!

Shojin
May 27, 2008, 07:48 PM
Is the project sill on?

cacwoody
May 31, 2008, 05:00 PM
...I just said something really stupid, so I erased it and put this. :p

Next time just delete your post ;)

LoS
May 31, 2008, 08:31 PM
When are we going to hear about the Revolutionaries exploits? Will we ever see them in action, as in witness one of their attacks on the World Government? Will we get to meet some of their stronger/more important members?

bittman
June 01, 2008, 08:32 AM
Is the project sill on?

Seems to have been revived from the dead...

kkck
June 03, 2008, 11:27 AM
I dont know if the project is still on but I want to know if the smilies seen thorough the story have a meaning or they are just a joke by oda.

JC123
June 17, 2008, 08:44 PM
Smilies?

Like the ones Ace has on his hat or the ones that Doflamingo has?

kkck
June 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
Smilies?

Like the ones Ace has on his hat or the ones that Doflamingo has?

exactly those and a couple of others as seen in the auction house, and a couple pirate flags( new era).

LoS
June 17, 2008, 10:58 PM
Maybe Oda is just being funny creating many different smileys for no reason, or he is trying to get the readers to think too much about them.

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
How about this...

1) How many crewmembers is a regular crew made off?

2) Will there ever going to be a naval battle in OP?

3) How big is the OP world compared to earth?
[hr]
Oh i forgot an important one,
4) Exactly how long has the SH journey taken so far??

JC123
June 26, 2008, 09:31 PM
3) was already answered.

This "Earth" is 4 times as big as our own.

kkck
June 26, 2008, 11:15 PM
^^ Really? where did you find this?

JC123
June 27, 2008, 12:16 AM
It was actually said around here I believe...

I can't find the thread so take it as unproven for now.

But it makes sense if each of the seas is as pig as one earth.

Akainu
June 27, 2008, 02:55 AM
sry, but that makes absolutly no sense to me ^^
if it is 4 times as big as earth it would take much longer to sail around imo., but it's an Odaverse so we can't really tell by those facts we know how the physics work there

JC123
June 27, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm not too sure about that...

We're only hearing the tale about the Grand Line and Raftel. I'm sure, with everything considered, that doesn't make it that the other parts of the One Piece World aren't developed elsewhere. But since I can't back up how large OPW is I'll retract my statement until I can find concrete evidence.

\

Shojin
October 22, 2008, 07:47 PM
So is the project still on!?

Absolutio
October 22, 2008, 07:50 PM
I don't know.. :s I barely have time to be active in the forums because of the army... But I don't mind someone else taking over the project.. I still think it's a very nice idea.. ;)

hossice
October 23, 2008, 02:12 PM
Oda- Why exactly is there a world government? What was the cause to make it come into absolute rule?

Oda-Will we see the other CPs????

Oda-When/If ace gets hung, will u have luffy there to witness it? or will he read it somewhere? what do u think his reaction might be?

Freakzin
October 23, 2008, 02:48 PM
@hossice - I don't think Oda is gonna answer questions about the future = /, I mean I think everyone wants to know those things, but they'll come along with the plot.

1- Oda, how do you get to islands that are on the Calm Belt??? Are they charted?

Akainu
October 23, 2008, 02:53 PM
Oda-san, we know that Shanks used Haki entering WB's ship etc. pp. but how long have you actually planned the concept of Haki, because there seem to be references popping out all over the manga even in the very first chapter.

sth. like that

hossice
October 23, 2008, 03:29 PM
ok. let me try something else on my mind.

Oda-How did chopper get his hat on w/ those antleers shapped like that?

Imitorar
October 23, 2008, 03:34 PM
Oda- Why exactly is there a world government? What was the cause to make it come into absolute rule? Oda- What is written on the Rio Poneglyph? What happened during the Void Century?
Fixed. Corrections are in bold. And the likelihood of that question being answered before the Raftel Arc is none.

And now, a question. Again, I've tried to put it in a proper SBS format, but it's still rather serious and technical, so I'm not sure it would get considered for inclusion in an actual SBS. Still, it's worth a chance.

Oda-sensei, how exactly does Brook's Devil Fruit work? Can he come back from the dead multiple times, or only once? And why does it seem like his body is still there (he cries, he eats, he poops, etc.) when it rotted away? Is that an effect of the Devil Fruit, or is it due to something else? And what would happen if Brook is put in water? Does he die for as long as he's underwater, or does he just lose all his strength? If I don't get a good answer, I may have to become a skeleton myself to experiment!-Afterlife Wanderer.

hossice
October 23, 2008, 05:13 PM
wasn't it stated that it game him 2 lives?

http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000443/06.jpg

Imitorar
October 23, 2008, 05:47 PM
wasn't it stated that it game him 2 lives?

http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000443/06.jpg
Hm. So it was. Stephen's translation also says so, so I suppose that's quite accurate. Well, the other questions still stand, and I got a bit confused off a panel from chapter 488, so I won't edit it out. It'd be nice to have outright confirmation of how many extra lives you get, and like I said, I think the other questions still stand. Thanks for pointing this out, though.

monkey D luffy
October 23, 2008, 06:31 PM
ive got some question myself.

oda sama what happened to the newspaper nami used to get? the strawhats seem to be uninformed the soon they got to the grand line.

oda sama what happenes when two people eat half of a devil fruit at the same time? they both have abilities or the fruit is just useless this way?

what about a pandawomen for pandaman? he cant be alone is he? hes just too popular and handsome to be alone.

what happened to mr.2? at the end he seemed to be an ally of the strawhats is there a chance we ever see him again?

after brooke go back from the dead does that means another yomi yomi fruit grew? and there can be another immortal person out there? also if someone happenes to eat the yomi yomi fruit and then he eats anothre fruit will he have the ability of the other fruit when he comes back from the dead?

Absolutio
October 23, 2008, 10:10 PM
well.. I can answer two of your questions.. :D

what happened to mr.2? at the end he seemed to be an ally of the strawhats is there a chance we ever see him again?

There's a whole cover-arc for what happend to baroque works after alabasta, including Mr. 2.
I don't know if you read it or not, but I don't want to spoil to you if you didn't.. :p So press the link in my signature and find the cover arc there.. :D

after brooke go back from the dead does that means another yomi yomi fruit grew? and there can be another immortal person out there? also if someone happenes to eat the yomi yomi fruit and then he eats anothre fruit will he have the ability of the other fruit when he comes back from the dead?

We still don't know how devil fruits "Recycle" and what you say is just one theory of them.. But anyways, I think that as long as Brooke is alive, the devil fruit is still in effect within him, so no recycling.. :p

Shojin
November 16, 2008, 01:36 AM
OMG!!! Big news everyone!

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3126/shonenjumpbig3newsge2.png

:headbang :headbang

Akainu
November 16, 2008, 05:37 AM
cool.
what exactly do they mean by "spoilers"? is their basis english Tankoban or the chappters in WSJ?

bittman
November 16, 2008, 06:43 AM
Haha! In that situation, there is only one thing I could ask:
* If your main character's were to enter the setting of the other's manga, how would they be?

I can already see it. Luffy: the shinigami.

paradoxe
November 16, 2008, 09:53 AM
Luffy - Captain of 11th Squad

Wow.

Imitorar
November 16, 2008, 08:28 PM
This isn't actually as great as it sounds. By no spoilers, they mean for where the English version is. So for One Piece, by then, it should be around... finished with volume 20. That sort of limits us to less then two fifths of what's currently the full series. So if you have any questions that don't involve information we get further in then about half of the Alabasta arc, this is quite an opportunity, but otherwise...

Fox666
November 16, 2008, 10:51 PM
This isn't actually as great as it sounds. By no spoilers, they mean for where the English version is. So for One Piece, by then, it should be around... finished with volume 20. That sort of limits us to less then two fifths of what's currently the full series. So if you have any questions that don't involve information we get further in then about half of the Alabasta arc, this is quite an opportunity, but otherwise...I don't think Shonen Jump would worry about the anime adaption (especially USA). I think they are talking about not asking "What is the One Piece??"

RobinotX
November 17, 2008, 08:24 AM
Also send some questions..

Maybe I am a lucky bastard who is picked out x'3

Tsukisama
November 17, 2008, 08:30 AM
I don't think Shonen Jump would worry about the anime adaption (especially USA). I think they are talking about not asking "What is the One Piece??"

What Imitorar was saying was that Shonen Jump is asking for questions that are not spoilers relative to their version of the manga, i.e., their English adaptation. Shonen Jump's English releases are only up to Volume 21, which is in the middle of the Alabasta arc. They obviously don't want to print in their magazine things that would be spoilers to their readers. It has nothing to do with the anime adaptation.

Fox666
November 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
But they said that interview would be in the english version of Shonen Jump?

Tsukisama
November 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
But they said that interview would be in the english version of Shonen Jump?

Yes, they did. I am not sure I understand your question. Since it is in Shonen Jump (which is the English version of Weekly Shounen Jump), they don't want spoilers, i.e., spoilers for their readers. They are obviously saying this because the original Japanese manga are far ahead of their English versions.

Akainu
November 17, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm trying to think about something to ask, but that's all like nothing T.T

Jaggerjack
December 03, 2008, 12:30 PM
Lets see...

First off, I'd like to say Thanks for doing this for us!

My questions:

How much was Zeff's bounty?
When Luffy eats, does his body convert the food into rubber for repairing wounds, building muscle, etc?
Which parts of Robin's body can be grown with her hana hana fruit? (And no, I'm not being perverted.) Could she grow another copy of herself?
If Luffy's muscles are made of rubber, then how does he get stronger? (Muscles normally tear down and rebuild up)
What happened to the nurse that the Tenryuubito Charlosse Sei took to be his wife? Did she get away?

kkck
December 03, 2008, 01:57 PM
Lets see...

First off, I'd like to say Thanks for doing this for us!

My questions:

How much was Zeff's bounty?
When Luffy eats, does his body convert the food into rubber for repairing wounds, building muscle, etc?
Which parts of Robin's body can be grown with her hana hana fruit? (And no, I'm not being perverted.) Could she grow another copy of herself? If Luffy's muscles are made of rubber, then how does he get stronger? (Muscles normally tear down and rebuild up)
What happened to the nurse that the Tenryuubito Charlosse Sei took to be his wife? Did she get away?

That question was already answered on a sbs, I dont remember what volume though. Robin can grow ANY part of his body. As for the growing a complete copy of herself, I dont think that was answered, but I dont think she can given that her power involves creating parts, not complete copies of herself.

Jaggerjack
December 04, 2008, 09:41 AM
That question was already answered on a sbs, I dont remember what volume though. Robin can grow ANY part of his body. As for the growing a complete copy of herself, I dont think that was answered, but I dont think she can given that her power involves creating parts, not complete copies of herself.

Ah, ok. Thanks! Growing organs and such is probably a different beast altogether.

Dice
December 05, 2008, 10:17 AM
But shouldn't she be able to grow 2 arms, 2 legs, a head with 2 eyes, ears etc. and a torso and merge them togehter? I mean if she can grow any parts of her body and is able to merge them togehter, than my suggestion shouldn't be impossible, should it?

Imitorar
December 05, 2008, 12:07 PM
It seems to take a certain level of concentration for Robin to sustain her copied body parts. That's why she doesn't usually make more then 100 at once, and why she can't fly for very long, it's too tiring for her to sustain the arms and fly at the same time. The amount of concentration it would take to form an actual full-body clone of Robin would be enormous, exponentially greater then just making 100 arms. Perhaps near the end of the series she may be able to focus enough to do it, but as of now, while it's theoretically possible, she hasn't got sufficient strength and Devil Fruit control to pull it off.

Jaggerjack
December 08, 2008, 09:08 PM
Here's another one that's been bugging me for a few days:

Why did Robin and Brooke eat a Devil's Fruit? Was is accidental like it was for Luffy and Chopper?

Fox666
December 09, 2008, 07:04 PM
Brook's crew just said "that fruit you eat"... well, I guess they eat it because they know DFs have power.

toxun
December 10, 2008, 12:51 AM
In earlier sbs, Oda sensei said that Mohji will grow up like a rabbit, but last time I saw him, he grew like a ram :) make me think he is a distance relative of Merry

Jaggerjack
December 15, 2008, 09:45 PM
Here's another one that's been on my mind for most of today:

Can Luffy do any other impressions besides "Sanji no mane" and "Zoro no mane"?

toxun
December 16, 2008, 01:38 AM
Here's another one that's been on my mind for most of today:

Can Luffy do any other impressions besides "Sanji no mane" and "Zoro no mane"?

Do you forget when Robin propose herself when join Strawhat's? In this case I remind you with this (he doing it with Robin help though :))

http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000218/12.jpg

Satisfied ;)?

Jaggerjack
December 18, 2008, 04:31 AM
haha! I forgot about that one. I wanna see a Franky-no-mane, though.l

ofir271
December 23, 2008, 12:45 PM
i only read the first page so someone could have asked it.

oda -do you have like a map of the all one piece world in your mind(big players,big stories,big places)? or are you as curios like us about some of the future events?

there are so many mystories in one piece that if he do have a big master plan its must be brilliant.

ow and on another note i have a request for oda -

please make robin duplicate some more interesting parts!!! (dont tell me im the only one who had that in mind)

Imitorar
December 23, 2008, 10:58 PM
i only read the first page so someone could have asked it.

oda -do you have like a map of the all one piece world in your mind(big players,big stories,big places)? or are you as curios like us about some of the future events?

there are so many mystories in one piece that if he do have a big master plan its must be brilliant.
He said in an interview last year that he basically had all of the arcs planned out, although specifics are undecided yet, and things can get moved around or added or taken out, but the basics are the same.

ow and on another note i have a request for oda -

please make robin duplicate some more interesting parts!!! (dont tell me im the only one who had that in mind)
Well, somebody already asked if she could duplicate her breasts. Oda answered that she could. But nobody's asked him to have her do it, at least, not as far as I remember at the moment, so if you wanna ask this, I guess you could without being redundant.

d3death
May 16, 2009, 10:34 PM
while preparing for my programing course.. i wrote an application which extracted all the SBS from all the stephen's translations and saved it to one .txt file..

so just in case:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4DBSGCU

its easier to search about something from one single file (by using ctrl+f)

beastboy
May 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
I've a good one:

1-oda-sama, is there any straw hat that isn't virgin, I mean Sanji, zoro and robin don't really look like they're virgins, and I really mean did they ava sex in they're all life.

2- Back in alabasta, luffy used baku baku no mi in crocodile, so why didn't crocodile died in there, is luffy's mouth dry??

3- Why don't sanji killed absalom, cause if the fruits recycle wheen the person die, he would have better chances to become invisible and sneak into the feminine bathroom.

Imitorar
May 18, 2009, 02:11 PM
I've a good one:

1-oda-sama, is there any straw hat that isn't virgin, I mean Sanji, zoro and robin don't really look like they're virgins, and I really mean did they ava sex in they're all life.

2- Back in alabasta, luffy used baku baku no mi in crocodile, so why didn't crocodile died in there, is luffy's mouth dry??

3- Why don't sanji killed absalom, cause if the fruits recycle wheen the person die, he would have better chances to become invisible and sneak into the feminine bathroom.
1. One Piece is serialized in a magazine aimed at 9-14 year old boys, for crying out loud. You actually expect him to answer this? Better question, does it honestly MATTER enough to waste an SBS slot? Also, Sanji and Zoro are 19, and Robin's sexual history is REALLY a topic best left to the imagination. Think about it for a bit. Or don't, as the case may be.

2. Why would it kill him? It's not as though Luffy's mouth is so moist that Crocodile couldn't retain almost complete mobility. And I doubt that he swallowed anyway, so Crocodile could just reform and get out.

3. Asking questions in the SBS that have already been answered in the manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/464/13/) is usually frowned upon. And yes, it has happened before.

beastboy
May 18, 2009, 06:53 PM
Well, he answered that luffy could stretch is penis, so wh don't he would answer this???
and sanji was being sarcastic, of corse that if he knews that the fruit would automaticlly belong to him after that he would kill him in that exact instant ^^

Imitorar
May 18, 2009, 11:07 PM
He read the book, he DID know. He doesn't want the Clear Clear Fruit. And penises are not inherently sexual, as opposed to... well, sex. Whatever, ask what you want, I'm not in charge of screening potential SBS questions. That's Oda's job.

beastboy
May 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
LoL, I don't know if this was already answered but what about asking something like this:
-Back in Alabasta, when ace clashed with smoker why didn't they turned into their elements, Cause any other logia seams to let pas through every single hit.

I dont want you to answer I wanted ODA-SAMA to answer this.

Roti
July 06, 2009, 10:45 AM
I always wanted to ask Eiichiro Oda a few things, so here is mine:

Ohayo gozaimasu Oda-sensei, or should i say Konban wa due to the timezone difference among Brazil and Japan? Nevermind, otherwise you'll probably only answer this question instead of these:

- If I ate the Hirei Hirei no Mi, would I simply become impolite or would I also be able to manipulate proportions?

- Why doesn't Buggy do a Bara Bara Montage ? For example making his legs and arms switch places while maintaining his hands and foot at the right location, thus both increasing the strenght of punches and training his arms' muscles (since those would now have to withstand the body weight).

- Does the Bane Bane no Mi also allow it's user to stretch his limbs, or only to compress them? Could the user springiness be used in the same fashion as an Impact Dial? If the answer for the 2 previous questions were yes then who would win a Gomu Gomu Luffy or a Bane Bane Luffy?

Belisar
July 06, 2009, 02:17 PM
q: do asura and lion's song, zorro's techniques, made use of haki?

seiryu777
January 27, 2010, 10:31 AM
Q: Oda-sensei...this is cool or uncool ? what??! I mean read scans:pim

Im sorry If I go to Japan, I buy all volumes of One Piece ^^ and I write the greates manga in history of course I be happy If whos made a scans :D ;) next I will hunt this group XD

OunknownO
January 27, 2010, 06:40 PM
Q: Oda what gave you the idea for the one piece

Fox666
January 27, 2010, 06:46 PM

1. One Piece is serialized in a magazine aimed at 9-14 year old boys, for crying out loud. You actually expect him to answer this? Better question, does it honestly MATTER enough to waste an SBS slot? Also, Sanji and Zoro are 19, and Robin's sexual history is REALLY a topic best left to the imagination. Think about it for a bit. Or don't, as the case may be.Well, he answered that luffy could stretch is penis, so wh don't he would answer this???He also ansered about Robin making body parts, and some other mature questions. But somehow those questions are quite obvious. So I guess there is no problem answering them.

But I don't think that he would answer that. It is intimate to the characters. It's like asking the size of their penis, won't get those details.

BUT you could ask if they ever had a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Phew, that remember me of a scene from Hunter x Hunter...
http://www.sarahpin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hunterxhunter217-p11.png
http://www.sarahpin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hunterxhunter217-p12.png

ScratchmenApoo
February 02, 2010, 07:02 AM
Dear Oda-Sensei.
1. You mentioned you had a hard time optioning for Luffy's rubber powers. If You had used a different Devil Fruit for the main character, what power would You have chosen and how different do You think the story would be ?

2. If Devil Fruits were real, would You eat one and if so, what kind would it be ?

3. How does one become a member of Gorousei ? Is it a promotion from Fleet Admiral or is it inherited like the Tenryuubito ?

Fox666
February 02, 2010, 01:01 PM
2 - He already answered that, Oda would eat the Bara Bara no Mi