PDA

View Full Version : Other What Is The Longest Time That You've Been Without Shower?

Leen
December 20, 2007, 02:22 AM
The title says it all. For me, I think it's three days. Back then when I was really sick with fever, my mother would not let me shower until I got better.

Other than that, occasionally I took a break from showering daily if I had to undergo gua-sha. Usually, after performing gua-sha on someone else, or being gua-sha-ed by other people, you are strongly discouraged from taking a shower.

Now that it's winter season again, I decide to skip shower once every few weeks but I cannot do so. I feel terrible without shower. So I still shower/bath everyday.

So that's me. What about you? :amuse

hatsuharupeace
December 20, 2007, 02:25 AM
Five days. Went to camp up north to Exmouth, Western Australia, and didn't shower once. xDD But... Does swimming count as showering??

Leen
December 20, 2007, 02:30 AM
>__< I don't think swimming counts as showering. Swimming makes my body feels like clorine. Yuck.

Plus, it doesn't require any body shampoo, hair shampoo (it actually destroy my hair), or soap. So it doesn't count.

unasuvas
December 20, 2007, 02:40 AM
Hmm, my hair is extremely thin & gets oily really quickly so I have to shower every single day. But before the oiliness brought on by puberty, the longest I went was 3 days when I was in elementary school. No one seemed to notice...

Leen
December 20, 2007, 02:43 AM
Hmm, my hair is extremely thin & gets oily really quickly so I have to shower every single day. But before the oiliness brought on by puberty, the longest I went was 3 days when I was in elementary school. No one seemed to notice...

I take it that you do not cheat on your country flag. So taking into account that you are from The Philippines, I will not even blame you for taking shower 3 times a day. It does get oily REALLY quickly especially in hot weather condition.

rabb
December 20, 2007, 02:50 AM
one week for me. back in vail. in the middle of my august vacation (year round school, my track had August, December, and April off) and my parents wouldn't let me go over to the saguaro national park (the only good place in 15 miles to skate), so i went on strike. biking outside, in the middle of a 105-112 degree heatwave, just to make myself as smelly as possible XD I'm actually surprised they lasted that long. (that is to say they let me go to the park, and i started bathing again.)

unasuvas
December 20, 2007, 02:57 AM
I take it that you do not cheat on your country flag. So taking into account that you are from The Philippines, I will not even blame you for taking shower 3 times a day. It does get oily REALLY quickly especially in hot weather condition.

Haha, yes you're right. I normally take showers once a day but during the summer it usually goes to 2 -3 times a day. :D

But the thing is, I kinda did cheat on my flag. I was born & raised in Southern California and have only been to the Philippines a few times when I was young. But I did notice that Filipinos usually have thin hair that gets oily in... a minute.

Leen
December 20, 2007, 03:07 AM
one week for me. back in vail. in the middle of my august vacation (year round school, my track had August, December, and April off) and my parents wouldn't let me go over to the saguaro national park (the only good place in 15 miles to skate), so i went on strike. biking outside, in the middle of a 105-112 degree heatwave, just to make myself as smelly as possible XD I'm actually surprised they lasted that long. (that is to say they let me go to the park, and i started bathing again.)

What a genius idea. :nuts

We should ask all Americans to stop showering and gather in front of the white house until Bush retires immediately. Or Americans can have anti-shower rally to campaign for AIDS donation for example.

"Until you send medicines and money to Africa, we will not shower." Imagine the stink of 100k people who do not shower for a week. Wow.

rabb
December 20, 2007, 03:17 AM
while i think that, with help from micheal moore, it is possible... it wouldnt work. two basic flaws in it: the white house is air conditioned, and protected from chemicle attacks, so the smell prolly wouldn't make it threw. the other thing... cheny would be hidden away in a bunker, rice is prolly back on the homeworld of the klingons, and bush will be on vacation again. and just for the record, since i dont talk to you, i'm american born and raised. i just love swaziland's name.

_ATMA
December 20, 2007, 03:57 AM
the longest i think i went was when i went up north for 2 weeks to go dirt biking cross country across northern michigan. i got to jump in a couple lakes and rivers but i think that really counts beacuse u dont really get very clean lol

Hollow Kurono
December 20, 2007, 07:01 AM
Mine has to be a week,but that was long time ago,know i take a shower every day.

LadyHatake
December 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
definitely 4 or s days at girl scout camp a long long time ago. The showers had spiders in them D=

~Lilium~
December 20, 2007, 02:02 PM
about 3 and a half days. i hate to travel from the US to the philippines which is about 2 and a half days. because of the stupid flight delays and long stopovers. :rant once in the philippines it was really late already and i was really tired so i slept and didn't get to take a shower til the next day.

Lots of travelling... very tired :( and no shower :scry
[hr]

Haha, yes you're right. I normally take showers once a day but during the summer it usually goes to 2 -3 times a day. :D

But the thing is, I kinda did cheat on my flag. I was born & raised in Southern California and have only been to the Philippines a few times when I was young. But I did notice that Filipinos usually have thin hair that gets oily in... a minute.
i had that problem too. :p after i got a perm though it became not so oily anymore. :XD

Kodama
December 20, 2007, 06:16 PM
went camping for 5 days, no shower, no toilet, had pretty bad constipation after the trip :<

Az3r
December 21, 2007, 06:04 AM
A week. It's so happens that one day the bathroom in the place that I stay (my relative's house) got many maggots lurked. I don't know how the hell that might happened, and I hate maggots. They creeps me out. So I stayed away from the bathroom until the maggots all cleared. I still washed my face and brushed my teeth outside though (got extra spare) so people may not notice that I didn't take a bath for a week. :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 22, 2007, 02:38 AM
This topic is so interesting. :XD
The longest i've been without showering was 2 weeks. It was back in high school during the long holiday, my friends and i made a bet who could stand not showering the longest. Of course, there was money involved, but it's not the money, it's knowing that you can do something that your friends couldnt is the main motivation.
I won because the last guy got into an argument with his girlfriend about that bet. :XD
I feel so icky remembering the shower i took after winning that money. :XD :XD :XD

_ATMA
December 22, 2007, 04:01 AM
This topic is so interesting. :XD
The longest i've been without showering was 2 weeks. It was back in high school during the long holiday, my friends and i made a bet who could stand not showering the longest. Of course, there was money involved, but it's not the money, it's knowing that you can do something that your friends couldnt is the main motivation.
I won because the last guy got into an argument with his girlfriend about that bet. :XD
I feel so icky remembering the shower i took after winning that money. :XD :XD :XD

lol well at least i wasnt the only one to go for 2 weeks x.x lol i feel a little better at least lol

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 22, 2007, 04:16 AM
And that's not the only time i did that, _ATMA. I still hold the record at work too, 7 days. :XD
It's a bet made without anyone outside of my division knowing, especially not my boss. :D

kthy0056
December 22, 2007, 09:24 AM
3 weeks when i went to an winter camp and their shower was like brought out from the canals and we guys refused to make a shower.

MissYuki
June 28, 2009, 06:56 PM
Um...two days, but because we were camping and at the there were swarms of ants all over the floor. It didn't go to well with me even with shoes on...So I went without for a couple days..
But now I just HAVE to shower EVERY day.

sindergi
June 28, 2009, 07:20 PM
1 week during a assignment abroad.....we could only wash us with a bucket full of water because water supply wasnt working. And imagine how it smelled if you sleep with 20 men in a tent which are not showering for a week and make physical hard work. Thank god it wasnt very hot at this time :D

Peculator
July 02, 2009, 08:49 PM
A week due to fever.
Also, 3 days due to laziness.

Kanako-chan
July 03, 2009, 08:35 AM
I think it's around 5 or 7 days for my part, when I fansub or do scantrad I can completely lose the notion of time. When I "wake up" I'm like : Beuhh something's stinking in the room....

*Snif, snif* Beuh it's me ! Emergency shower now.

So you go out of the room, meet the colodger hey ! Long time no see ! What's the day today ? The date ?

And then you realize for how long you didn't took a shower...

Long life to a fansubber / scantrader life...

Kanako

roma
July 03, 2009, 02:22 PM
probably around 5-7 days when i was really, really sick. one day without shower is already like the max i can take. other than that i want to take a shower everyday.

Delbi
July 03, 2009, 08:14 PM
9 Days while playing paintball in the Catskills. Me and bunch of people did a Terrorist vs. Navy Seal game that lasted far too long. I got about 10 hours of sleep the entire time, and it was the most nerve racking yet fun experience of my life. I NEVER want to do it again.

Googlez_kun
July 04, 2009, 05:12 PM
2 weeks i think u___u

in the first week i had no school so i was tooo lazy to take a bath
i was just sitting on my couch...the whole time and there was no time to take neither a shower nor a bath :XD

after this week i went to poland to my grandparents and when i arrived,after i was grilled in our hot car i finnaly decided to take a shower or a nice bath,but unfortunatly my grandparents are living in a village,so from times to times they have no water there and that was the case back then
no water=no shower=no bath-_-;
and we were there for about a week,soo in the end there were two weeks:amuse

Mith252000
July 05, 2009, 07:36 AM
Hmm, for me, the longest I have not taken a bath is 10 days. I was doing my military service. The only thing my superiors allow are powder baths. I almost had fungi growing on my soles for wearing wet boots throughout the whole exercise.......

blai
July 07, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hmm... Think it was six or seven days when i was in South Africa... me and my friend never bothered showering b/c they (the family we stayed at) had this HUGE pool, biggest i've seen in a garden so we just took 2-3swims / day... That went for our whole stay there.. But apart from those days I did shower regularly...I think it was valentines day ball on the like sixth day from showering so i took like a 40mins shower ONLY to wash my hair and using a lot of products (MANLY) because my hair is kinda thick and i'm normally very careful with the washing part and always do it regularly or else it'll get oily... so it was kind of a mess...

I looked good though ^^

Asusp3v4x
July 07, 2009, 04:00 PM
5 days when i was very little :XD

but... 40 days with the same shirt ... now that is nasty xD

-Ren Boy-
July 07, 2009, 06:27 PM
Well I am not ashamed to say this buy I only have showers every 2 weeks because

I have baths mwhahahhahahaah lool

Erm about 3 days for me, I was being LAZYYYY!!

Grizz
July 09, 2009, 05:12 AM
Ermmm the longest time ive been without having a shower has to be 4 days, and thats quite recent like few weeks ago, ever since my holiday started, i did nothing , but just jam in my room, but i changed clothes and stuff but just cudnt be asked to have a shower lol...

Enma Ai
July 11, 2009, 04:50 PM
About 6 days. Haven't passes a week.

Grizz
July 12, 2009, 06:33 AM
About 6 days. Haven't passes a week.

Never passed a week either, that'll be going over the top though

ketorin
July 13, 2009, 07:04 PM
a week, yeah I know that's disgusting, but that was a long time ago when I didn't care, but now I do and take showers every other day.

Yuki_Judai
July 15, 2009, 12:04 AM
may be a week. It's so dirty may be =D

kagerasengan
July 16, 2009, 04:37 AM
longest was about a week i guess,that too a long way back...now i'm a bit regular....

Gcat88
July 16, 2009, 12:32 PM
do you really think its normal to shower every other day??

Arrogance
July 18, 2009, 03:30 AM
lol, this is where things get interesting. For me under regular circumstances I haven't showered for like a day or two just because of laziness. Now when I had my knee surgery, I didn't shower for like 4 days only because I couldn't move to get to the bathroom. Then when I finally did make my way to the bathroom to shower, I couldn't shower my full body because my leg was tightly wrapped in bandages and placed in a very large brace. So I went for like 2 weeks without showering off my leg. :p. It really sucked a lot, lol.

Bengfleng
August 03, 2009, 06:55 AM
the longest for me is 7 days, was on a island so we didnt have much to use as a show except salt water which isnt exactly effective

misterchaos
August 15, 2009, 06:55 AM
went camping and i walked for 4 days. 4 days without shower...

Belisar
August 15, 2009, 06:57 AM
about 3 days. was driving in a bus.

plutie
August 15, 2009, 10:38 AM
3 days, i got lazy lol... Other than that one time, i shower twice a day atleast. lol i can't stand being filthy.

thornofcarrion
August 15, 2009, 10:51 AM
20 days, courtesy of an accident. Worst time of my life since I usually takes 2-3 baths daily.

thatwouldbeawesome
August 15, 2009, 11:32 AM
9 days courtesy of a school camp. Camping is always a terrible idea.

HellooXD
August 17, 2009, 02:57 PM
Mines was 3 days, i felt very uncomfortable.

Belisar
August 17, 2009, 04:27 PM
3 days, i got lazy lol... Other than that one time, i shower twice a day atleast. lol i can't stand being filthy.

20 days, courtesy of an accident. Worst time of my life since I usually takes 2-3 baths daily.
taking showers or bathing too often is unhealthy. if someone has a hard work or trains a lot, it's ok to shower 2 times a day. your skin dries out and it's bad for the hair, too.

eevaleena
August 19, 2009, 09:01 AM
4-5 days.. I think. When I caught a chicken-pox when I was 13 ^^

WhatWhatinthebutt
August 21, 2009, 04:43 PM
2 1/2 weeks... I smelt like baked sardines, rotten meat, and raw fish to long out in the sun all rolled into one

GEshode
August 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
3 or 4 days, I had vacations no where to go and was to lazy to shower

muge
August 30, 2009, 07:57 PM
I've been without a shower for about 2 and a half days, at camp.
Place was so dirty, you left nastier than when you went in.

pirateninjahunter
September 30, 2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe it is indeed unhealthy taking more than 3 showers a day.

Googlez_kun
October 01, 2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe it is indeed unhealthy taking more than 3 showers a day.

yeah it is,belisar is right
it harms your skin,so actually 3 showers a day(wtf?) is a bit too much^^'
i guess taking showers every 3 days should be fine,though sometimes you have to take an additional shower because of a date or something,but that's something different...

Akiyama
October 01, 2009, 01:07 PM
2-3 days, This happen 4 years ago when North Carolina was hit by an ice storm. It was the worst storm in N.C.s history and cause the most damage I believe. The freezing rain would build up on the branches and break off falling on powerlines causing mass power outages. Millions of people were left in the dark for 2-4 weeks and I was lucky enough to be saved early.

~Brianma~
October 02, 2009, 01:00 PM
48 hours at max.........Was on a vacation and it was darn cold....can't bother to shower.

Xerous
October 06, 2009, 05:34 AM
5 days lol being lazy though i did wash my hair lol

Bugzee
October 09, 2009, 07:12 AM
3 days, i was on a camping trip with my old school! I ran home for the shower!!!!! (5 mins walk loool)

Roarchu
October 13, 2009, 01:09 PM
4 days

in 5th or 6th grade, i think i just didn't want to stop playing videogames or something

Paper
October 16, 2009, 07:14 AM
A week and a half (six years ago)- I had Vincent's Angina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_ulcerative_gingivitis) for two weeks. Couldn't shower for a week, couldn't eat solids for two weeks, and couldn't eat anything hard for another month. This happened during the christmas season, so instead of gaining christmas weight, I lost weight.

CBlitz
October 16, 2009, 10:44 AM
uh 2 weeks, became way too lazy in the form

After_Image
October 18, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ummm it was almost 4 days. The reason was I went camping, lol never felt so dirty in my life. :paperbag

Teaparty
October 19, 2009, 02:55 AM
More than a month.
I was a "bath-phobic" when I was small, in grade school. Got over it when girls started avoiding me after they grew a more sensitive nose. >_>

dpsoul
November 07, 2009, 08:06 PM
two or three days I think, that was the time when I had very high fever.

DARK
November 11, 2009, 07:47 PM
When I was a little kid, I rarely took showers. Maybe it was like 1 shower a week. Gross, I know. Now I cannot leave my house without taking one.

Bucks
November 16, 2009, 04:53 PM
2 weeks. wanted to see how long I could go without before people noticed. ( I was 14)

>_<

Reminiscence
November 16, 2009, 07:37 PM
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/phd031609s.gif
This, except for my BO. Well,... so far, not yet (only three days w/out) but I'm starting to go longer w/out since I've been in college. So yeah.... I'll probably be setting records for meself soon. 8D

bakagemi
November 28, 2009, 10:59 PM
Almost 3 months. It's disgusting as a girl, but I don't care. I don't like taking showers for some reason. Also, it was summer vacation. What's the use of taking showers when you're just gonna get sweaty again? I finally took a very long shower two days before school started. If you think about it, it's actually quite sensible. This, I think, was the summer vacation before 8th grade.

After_Image
November 29, 2009, 02:15 AM
That's a pretty long time. :oh I thought my 3 days was a lot but compared to you it's insignificant. :s Did anyone notice or say anything to you because of how long you went without a shower?

Googlez_kun
November 29, 2009, 03:41 PM
Almost 3 months. It's disgusting as a girl, but I don't care. I don't like taking showers for some reason. Also, it was summer vacation. What's the use of taking showers when you're just gonna get sweaty again? I finally took a very long shower two days before school started. If you think about it, it's actually quite sensible. This, I think, was the summer vacation before 8th grade.

i can even understand you,i don't really like taking showers,plus i am always too lazy for it .__.
but i do take a bath at least once a week,even if i the week was the laziest of my life!
and i always think:"hmm when i skip shower this time,then i can save money and stop the global warming a bit O__o"
lol

bakagemi
November 29, 2009, 10:25 PM
No one besides my family noticed because I don't go out of the house. I like it inside more than I like being outside. They kept telling me to take a shower, but I didn't want to because I'm lazy and it takes energy to take one. 0_o

stelok
January 08, 2010, 06:03 PM
32 hours was the longest time without a shower

bakagemi
January 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Looking at all the other posts, I feel so embarrassed and nasty. :crying

Googlez_kun
January 10, 2010, 08:08 AM
same here:p
though it's not really that i would like it or anything,I'm just too lazy to do it
i wonder what my friends think?:s

bakagemi
January 11, 2010, 11:08 AM
Me too. I just think my friends are too nice to say anything.

Bugzee
January 12, 2010, 04:21 AM
:eek :jawdrop :eek OMG 3 months bakagemi!!!!!!!! and in the summer as well!!!!!! :XD :XD :XD

WOW! Didn't you feel a bit uncomfortable at night??? All that sweat over your body and then drying up only for another day of sweat ahead of you??? :blink hahaha :XD

:oh that shower must've been the best you ever had :XD!!! *the water must've turned grey/brown-like while it went down into the drain hahaha :XD :XD*

Googz-kun stop encouraging 'viewers' of this thread to do what you did! :XD...you can actually help global warming by TAKING FRICKING SHOWERS/BATHS!!! you disgusting people!!! hahaha :XD this was funny :p

digitaldude
January 12, 2010, 04:52 AM
My record was one month when I was like 9.

Googlez_kun
January 12, 2010, 11:18 AM
i guess my friends are as nice as yours,i have good friends.__.

@Jin
but we have to stop the global warming!we need some change!I bet Obama is taking a bath once a month,do you find Obama disgusting?are you a racist?if so,I feel a lot better being dirty than being a racist!think about that and change and bath once a month!

:XD:D:tem:amuse:oh....:sweatdrop

anyway,I have a feeling i will break my "record" this summer:XD

i will draw a lo and play a lot of games and chat with people and everything on my couch:XD

bakagemi
January 12, 2010, 10:44 PM
@ Jin Haha! That was funny! Actually, I didn't feel dirty at all...except for a major sticky-ness. And yes, that shower was the best I've ever had and I think it turned a little, I don't know, gray-ish. Heh heh.

@ Googlez I think I'm going to break my record, too, this summer! I hope not, because it's disgusting but I don't mind being lazy, like I always am. I think that at the least, I'll be able to get a couple of weeks or two months in. We'll see.

Cueil
March 10, 2010, 06:30 AM
longest time without a shower... hmmm... I was in the military... so I'll have to remember my longest field ops... I'm thinking 4 weeks... it was a Fort Bragg firing exercise where I was constantly moving around uneffing up all the problems that people tend to cause when they screw with radios that they're using to transfer data... it sucked... I got to shower the day before we left... luckily I had a fresh change of close saved for when I showered (you're suppose to get at least one shower half way through I missed it thanks to bravo battery and they just got gassed by CS... it was horrible)

strawhatsarah
March 10, 2010, 08:23 PM
Umm... two days, but it was because I was at Disney World and instead of getting a hotel room, my ex and I stayed in our car. Yes, we did a lot to save money back then...

Arch!
March 11, 2010, 01:51 AM
Probably three days, as a kid in the summer when there wasn't anything to shower for.