PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Pages : [1] 2

Indigoangel
January 09, 2006, 05:37 AM
Shaman King (http://mangahelpers.com/m/shaman-king) and Shaman King: Kanzenban (http://mangahelpers.com/m/shaman-king-kanzenban) on MH

<hr noshade size="1">
I am reading Shaman King.

And i reached a point, chapter 161. And i can't seem to get any futher.
I have until now used: http://www.stoptazmo.com/shaman_king/
But it don't seem to update.

Am I wrong or is there another site, which has Shaman King on english?
Plus is there a place where I can download the anime on english or with subtitles?

- This thread is now the official Shaman King thread. Feel free to discuss the Shaman King manga and anime here. :amuse - MnK

akasuna no imax
January 09, 2006, 06:00 AM
The story of the manga & the anime isn't the same.
in the manga a lot of detail are add. Else i don't know where you can download them (they've maybe stop scanlation it 'cause it's published now ^^)

Gold Knight
January 09, 2006, 06:00 PM
I'll do an investigation into that one.

Meijin no Kori
January 09, 2006, 06:18 PM
My results:
Hmm the only place I know of for Ch. 161+ is IRC. I hope that's fine. #lurk@irc.irchighway.net has up to chapter 170 of Shaman King on the M-R|Pouet bot. Here's the link for the packlist:
http://gotlurk.net/index.php?id=37

As for the anime, I have no clue.

Gold Knight
January 09, 2006, 07:10 PM
Soldats seems to be the biggest Shaman King sub animegroup out there. Google them sometimes.

Meijin no Kori
January 10, 2006, 09:50 AM
Moving this to Mangaverse since this isn't an actual scanlation. Carry on.
And Gold Knight, it appears that Soldats took down their Shaman King fansubs when the anime was licsened a while a go.

Gold Knight
January 10, 2006, 10:23 AM
I see. I'm able to download them but only using my friend's FTP account. Perhaps they're still available out there on the internet, though.

Meijin no Kori
January 10, 2006, 11:09 AM
Okay I found a link, after some more research (actually, I just happened to stumble upon it while I was browsing the Arlong Park forum XD). I don't think they have all the episodes, but here's the link nonetheless:
http://www.seedler.org/en/html/search/Shaman+King

Edit: Here's another link, but you have to sign up to use it:
http://www.animeyume.org/series.php?id=222&show=torrents

Indigoangel
January 10, 2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for everythinh ;)

Meijin no Kori
January 10, 2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for everythinh ;)

No problem. :amuse
Thread locked, but left, since the links can be useful to others. :closed

Edit: On second though, thread re-opened as the official Shaman King Thread. You can now discuss about the series freely here.

Gold Knight
January 10, 2006, 05:18 PM
I'm only keeping up with the Shaman King in the American Shonen Jump magazine so I doubt I'll be around here much. I'm at chapter 76 right now. But as of lately I haven't been that impressed by it - perhaps due to the translations.

Meijin no Kori
January 10, 2006, 05:21 PM
I'm only keeping up with the Shaman King in the American Shonen Jump magazine so I doubt I'll be around here much. I'm at chapter 76 right now. But as of lately I haven't been that impressed by it - perhaps due to the translations.

The same here. But this was one of my least favorite arcs in the anime. The ones that come after it (at leaast in the anime) get better, IMO.

vlado
April 09, 2006, 03:36 PM
Well , i wached the anime , what's the diference?Do they continue after the eternal spirit thingy?

RaitoIsKira
April 09, 2006, 04:19 PM
The anime and manga have alot different endings from what I here. I think this thread should answer your questions:
http://www.stoptazmo.com/showthread.php?t=8781

But yes, they are very different from each other once they split and go their own ways.

Predator
April 09, 2006, 06:01 PM
What I like about the anime is that is over. I mean, I'm not happy that it's over, rather I'm happy that I have accepted the anime ending and don't need more of it.

Manga is nice that it explains many things more than anime in the meaning of idea, but what is good about anime is that Soldats have subbed it so perfectly. It's something so far pared only by DB subs.

Adam_xx
September 28, 2006, 10:35 PM
Eh, after chapter 200 it skips and goes straight to 207, anyone know where I can get the in-between?

Gold Knight
October 11, 2006, 09:32 PM
No idea, sorry. :/

Shaman King in American Shonen Jump currently is at chapter 96. Right now the only character I actually like at all in the series is Horohoro, so that's not good at all. I hate that that everybody seems to become friends so fast, so unexpectedly. Ren, Lysberg, Wooden Ryu. This is one series that REALLY does reek of "SHONEN" all over, feels like it's aimed at 12-and-under audiences. So, yeah, I'm not all that impressed by it at all.

Too bad it wasn't a bit more mature, though, it did have a lot of promise.

NeoShweaty
December 11, 2006, 12:11 AM
now to necro this thread.

Anyone still read this series? at first, i must admit, i had my doubts about the series but as soon as you get past the let's all be friends phase, it gets alot better because you actually get to the shaman fight and see the kick ass techniques people develop. If i could say one thing i dont like about the series, it is the fact that there is an enemy that is completely that is nearly unbeatable, which becomes a problem at the end of the series, of course.

(to GK's post, even though it was in october, i find it funny this series screams shonen but naruto is some kind of gold mind of genius)

manu
December 13, 2006, 12:43 AM
Well it'll be a while since GK comes back but I wouldn't start an arguement over two seperate mangas since either way it cant end good...

Personally I loved Shaman King the most when I read the U.S. Shonen Jump and can't believe the series was cancelled. The whole invincible Hao thing was a problem to over come but I believed that it meant that Yoh would one day become godly too. Instead from the looks of the short series Mankin Trad did of Yoh's son it looks like it did end with Yoh's defeat. Which is something that took a lot of guts by Takei. Long live gutsy writing!

NeoShweaty
January 06, 2007, 12:49 PM
no other fans of shaman king here?

Luckas
January 06, 2007, 03:50 PM
I started reading the manga, but after some volumes it embraced completely the usual clichè of shonen manga, so I stopped reading it but I plan to finish reading it sometime.

NeoShweaty
January 06, 2007, 06:57 PM
I started reading the manga, but after some volumes it embraced completely the usual clichè of shonen manga, so I stopped reading it but I plan to finish reading it sometime.

How is it any less cliche than naruto, bleach or one piece? all of which you are a fan of...

I just dont understand why this series is so snubbed when it has alot of good elements going for it such as a good cast of characters, outside of the stereotypical anti-hero Ren, good powers with the spirits, a pretty good story that gets alot better once they get to the actual shaman fight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes shounen and if you think it is too "kiddy" continue to read past the beginning see when Takei really gets into his stride

someone2040
January 07, 2007, 01:37 AM
I'm a fan of Shaman King. Although, it's not like high on my favourites list, probably around the middle, maybe above average. It's not something I would jump on irc to get itself.
Really stupid how it was cancelled before the last volume, but what can you do I guess.
Personally though, I don't really know why. But I found Gunblaze West more enjoyable than Shaman King. Maybe I just liked the western theme and the adventure aspect more than Shaman King essentially being a glorified tournament.

Kyuzo
January 07, 2007, 12:08 PM
I'm a fan of Shaman King. Although, it's not like high on my favourites list, probably around the middle, maybe above average. It's not something I would jump on irc to get itself.
Really stupid how it was cancelled before the last volume, but what can you do I guess.
Personally though, I don't really know why. But I found Gunblaze West more enjoyable than Shaman King. Maybe I just liked the western theme and the adventure aspect more than Shaman King essentially being a glorified tournament.

GBW wasn't made by the same mangaka, it was made by Watsuki.

Are the scanlations of this series done yet?

NeoShweaty
January 07, 2007, 12:16 PM
no, they are up to about chapter 233 out of 285 and they are released about weekly.

Luckas
January 07, 2007, 12:51 PM
How is it any less cliche than naruto, bleach or one piece? all of which you are a fan of...

I just dont understand why this series is so snubbed when it has alot of good elements going for it such as a good cast of characters, outside of the stereotypical anti-hero Ren, good powers with the spirits, a pretty good story that gets alot better once they get to the actual shaman fight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes shounen and if you think it is too "kiddy" continue to read past the beginning see when Takei really gets into his stride
I'll surely finish reading it, probably when I'll get the last number.

someone2040
January 07, 2007, 08:32 PM
GBW wasn't made by the same mangaka, it was made by Watsuki.

Are the scanlations of this series done yet?

Oh really? My bad. I could've sworn it was the Shammy King Mangaka, oh well.

Kyuzo
January 07, 2007, 09:20 PM
I read about the first 8 volumes maybe, until Yoh was fighting the German chick or dude don't remember, had like a nurse spirit for fighting but I lost interest. I'll probably read it through from the beginning once the scanlations are done. I liked it.

someone2040
January 07, 2007, 09:22 PM
Faust some... generation... maybe 4th?
That's the German dude.
I think it wasn't the best place to stop, since after that fight I believe you the rematch between Yoh and Ren, background stuff on Ren, and then basically the whole Tournament - which obviously introduces many new characters and Oversouls.

NeoShweaty
January 07, 2007, 10:20 PM
the series takes a long time to get into what it is really about. Once you know about all the characters and the tournament officially starts with the teams and stuff it is like volume 11 or 12. The series, apparently, isnt for everyone but i does have good stuff going for it.

Azurel
January 09, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hmm.. Shaman King.. Another anime that I've finished watching.. but the ending was kinda like to be continued with the beeper thing... I really enjoyed watching SK, although I wouldn't put it down as my top favourites but it was undeniably good. I did get annoyed by the fact that every villain except Hao would eventually become Yoh's friend.. -.- And I was pretty amused by the fact that Hao was tremendously powerful and almost undefeatable.. I mean who the hack every makes out the hero to be so weak, rite? o.O The usual thing to happen would be the hero becoming stronger and stronger but if it's possible Yoh got weaker or maybe Hao just got even stronger. XD So the manga is still on going? Well, maybe I will read it up some time.. :D

NeoShweaty
January 09, 2007, 01:29 PM
the manga has a completely different ending. Probably just as bad, because it was cancelled but different.

Azurel
January 10, 2007, 04:25 AM
It was cancelled? meaning.. they decided to stop the story and ended it abruptly??

NeoShweaty
January 10, 2007, 12:00 PM
It was cancelled? meaning.. they decided to stop the story and ended it abruptly??

well, jump is powered by the popularity polls and shaman king had been falling in the polls (there were probably other signs) so they told Takei that they were ending it at chapter 285. The story was getting good before that too. He had to make up some ending and have that be the unofficial official ending (i say unofficial because it says Owari (end) with a tangerine next to it which in japanese means incomplete)

Azurel
January 10, 2007, 08:48 PM
Gah, that sux.. There's always some kinda problem with good manga..

mugen
February 07, 2007, 09:53 PM
so how much of it was edited in the "English" version?

please answer :wtf

treetz
February 08, 2007, 09:18 PM
yea i really enjoyed this series but when i found out that it just abrubtly ended i lost intrest because i didnt want to get realy into it n then it just goes kaput on me.

im reaqlly looking foawrd to his new series and it look pretty intresting looking at the raw.
his mechanical hand like becomes this really big like shovel thing its look pretty sweeet

kakaroto
February 11, 2007, 12:27 AM
hello, i am a new member here. i want to find the manga scan of shaman king, can you help me where i can get it ? :)

mugen
February 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
i think you should try stoptazmo.com

kakaroto
February 11, 2007, 01:05 AM
can you give me another site? i have try stoptazmo.

Azurel
February 18, 2007, 07:41 AM
you can read them online at www.mangavolume.com :)

but stoptazmo do have Shaman King.. and it works >.>

Kazu-kun
March 20, 2007, 05:10 AM
FYI

http://www.mankin-trad.net

Mankin Trad is the most current scanlation group that's doing Shaman King, however they started from Volume 24 Chapter 183

If you want anything before that, you have to go the Manga-Rain

natsu0427
April 08, 2007, 12:34 PM
yea i really enjoyed this series but when i found out that it just abrubtly ended i lost intrest because i didnt want to get realy into it n then it just goes kaput on me.

im reaqlly looking foawrd to his new series and it look pretty intresting looking at the raw.
his mechanical hand like becomes this really big like shovel thing its look pretty sweeetto bad its already been cancelled

weixiaobao
April 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
can someone show me where to download shamanking HQ large size covers please?
Thanx in adv..

michaelplease
June 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
Where can I get volumes 28-32 of Shaman King? (247+)?

Maxy Barnard
June 30, 2007, 06:57 PM
so many questions. patience. mankin trad will most probably scanlate them soon enough. otherwise buy the raws from amazon.co.jp or something ^^

mugen
July 09, 2007, 08:56 PM
well for shaman king fans I have great news :jbya
seems that vol.33 will be out by the end of the year :wtf
for me it's great news but for other what do you think?
here some more info on this website
http://mankin-trad.net/main.php

weixiaobao
July 10, 2007, 03:56 PM
so will there be an ending??

rotflol162
July 10, 2007, 03:56 PM
YAY! thx for telling me! THTS RLLY GREAT NEWS :clap Cant wait...

Maxy Barnard
July 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
awesome. but i fear it being a copout related to takei's complete failure in starting a new manga.......

rotflol162
July 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
awesome. but i fear it being a copout related to takei's complete failure in starting a new manga.......

dont think lik tht!:( we must think positive so volume 33 is good!:p

~Lilium~
July 12, 2007, 09:01 AM
so wait... shaman king's gonna continue? if so, yes! :XD

and yeah i completely forgot about it already... but the mangaka did create a new manga didn't he/she... i only got to read the 1st chapter... i don't remember anything about it thouhg.... :(

ArashiKazamaThe4th
July 31, 2007, 02:22 AM
hi can some1 tell me what a good site is for info about shaman king? so yes send me a message . so no dont send a message to me thats clear right?

mugen
August 04, 2007, 08:22 PM
hi can some1 tell me what a good site is for info about shaman king? so yes send me a message . so no dont send a message to me thats clear right?
uumm... try
http://mankin-trad.net/main.php

weixiaobao
August 04, 2007, 08:52 PM
if it info u looking for then i guess using wikipedia always helpful...

Clod
August 06, 2007, 07:06 AM
two more sources.
www.narutocommunity.com has up to volume 28.
also www.mangatraders.com has this manga in their archive, but not sure till what volume.

my opinion: i'm on volume 13, i think it's not that very good manga. the art isnt as good as let's say naruto or bleach. besides the plot development is too shallow. in a word not very good manga.
besides even though this manga is finished, the storyline itself is unfinished, which is a big minus.
anyway, i hope i dont lose interest and will finish readin' it.

lechan
August 11, 2007, 09:03 AM
oh my gosh~! I 've just read a whole of 28 vol in 4 hours!! Hic this is such a wonderful manga! I'm waiting 4 the ending!What will happen to Yoh???

Asakura
August 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
Heh... I'm gonna have to bring back the SK fan in me. hell, I might even end up scanning this volume to the public just for old times sake. <_<

ssjohn
August 25, 2007, 09:14 AM
XD I know I tried to bury the SK fan in me when it ended lol

If you do scan it thanks a million!

I think i mite end up buying the japanese volume of this when it comes out just to own it >.< hopefuly Viz will catch up soon......... i can hope ..

andysislands
August 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
By soon, you mean 2011, correct?

Volume 13 -> Sept. 2007 (may be released at some locations already)
Volumes 14-19 -> 2008
Volumes 20-25 -> 2009
Volumes 26-31 -> 2010
Volumes 32-33 -> 2011

(All this assuming Viz sticks with bi-monthly releases, doesn't miss a date, doesn't speed up releases, and doesn't lose their license to publish)

Not to spread rumors, but SK might be published in WSJ or JumpSQ before an actual volume release. Not that Takei mentioned it, but from a business stand point, it could happen. It's more like 60/20/20. 60% chance for JumpSQ, 20% for back in WSJ, and 20% direct to volume. Yeah, Takei said "direct to volume," but he also stated he didn't have a time frame, and things could change (but basically hinted at, he's got his final volume planned out, and probably started drawing it out). Plus, Takei's the artist, he doesn't really make the publishing calls. But I would expect to see something in JumpSQ either a promo campaign, or the actual releases of the chapters (with a volume published in late 2008) after a few issues of JumpSQ. Maybe the first issue of the new year, to help build a newer fan base behind it. But there is always the chance with the HunterXHunter revival, that SK could jump in too (since both "ended" around the same time, and both will be "back" for about a volumes length). So, there is quite a few options, and not to say that SK is limited to a direct to volume release (which is very rare).

(If it is a direct to volume release, I'll also order it, on super fast mail. I won't do a complete RAW scan, but I'll scan in some of the pictures and extras and such)

bigtymer32
August 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
thanks i been looking for the manga for shaman king the us verison it sucks!!!!!!

ssjohn
August 26, 2007, 09:43 AM
@ releses date for Viz ----

Yea i know but i am hoping with there being a true ending and with it going direct to volume (VIZ) that they mite bump it up to a volume a month so we can get caught up :) but i am not holding my breath XD

reaper_unique
September 09, 2007, 07:15 AM
Hi(new guy),

k where do I start? k so first I'm probably going to post links that you already know but just see this as a reminder.
Now:
If you want to read every single mankin chapter from chapter 1 to chapter 258 go to http://mankin-trad.net/main.php, on the left you will see chapters 183 to 257 + special, so you'll probably think "where r the once before chapter 183?" well they'r here: http://www.mangarun.com/shaman_king/ .

now about volume 32 and "volume 33"(you'll probably know this already but as I said before,see this as a reminder:

First of all the end of the anime is completly different from the manga because they didn't want to wait on the manga. So they thought of an other ending by themselfs.

The anime of Shaman King starts off with the same sequence of events as the manga for roughly half of the series and then gradually deviates into its own plot. Horohoro is introduced prematurely (Yoh meets him before they fight in the preliminary rounds) and Hao's first appearance is much later (In the manga, he can be seen hidden among other contestants). As is the usual case for anime based off manga, the anime series is much more toned down. Many of the characters that die in the manga are kept alive in the anime. The anime shows these characters recovering from their injuries (or not sustaining any at all) and eventually agreeing with Yoh and his friends ideologically. The anime does show Yoh and Hao's final battle and implies that all of the friends that Yoh has made on his journey (most of these are the characters that have died in the manga) donated their spiritual energy to help him win. However, it is still unclear whether Hao was defeated once and for all or where his soul has gone.(source) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaman_King)

the end of the manga goes as follows:

Volume 32 "ends" with Yoh going to sleep to prepare for the final battle with Hao; the final page is viewed as Manta's dream, which features Hao as a princess with Yoh and his friends on their way to rescue "her". The reason for that is because Anna was speaking to Manta as if Hao was the person in need of rescue. The page contains the words "Owari" ("The End") and next to that, in front of Horohoro's sword, is a mandarin orange, also called "mikan" which is the Japanese word for "incomplete".

but this isn't really the end because there is a chapter 285,
Chapter 284 was the last chapter in Weekly Shonen Jump.
Chapter 285 is a chapter that you can only read in Volume 32.

(source) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaman_King)

now about volume 33:
this is the transcript of this (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hpfn_japan-expo-2007-inside)video.
Statements may not be 100% acturate for the following reasons.
- Poor video quality
- Poor sound quality
- Lots of noise
- Translations going Japanese -> French -> English

All notes and comments are in the [ ].

Q. Will there be a SK sequel? [Questionaire didn't say anime or manga, but we'll assume manga]
A. "If possible" or 'Soon as possible''

Q. Why was the Shaman King anime ending different? [Probably meaning the 2nd season of the anime, which was changed from the manga]
A. Well, the manga was still running so it was impossible to follow the book, so they used a different ending

Q. [The person was unable to state his/her question]
(another person says): Can you guys shut up!? I have an intelligent question here.'' [Because the last question was really easy]
New Q. Is there a movie or short subject [OVA/OAV/Special] of Shaman King? [Assuming that there will be a new one, not something that has already been done and hasn't been dubbed by 4Kids]
A. Probably "No." but video got cut off.

[End of video clip]

Also, If somebody could download the video and upload me a .flv or .avi file of the video, that would be very helpful (since I can sub the video).

this is from after the Q&A:
Q1 - Something about volume 32 & the end of SK..
Answer : Yes, there will be a sequel, a true ending, I hope to do that for the end of the year or during 2008.

Q2 - Is the end a continuation and end of SK or rather a new story?
Answer : Just wait for it to be released and read it.

Takei said also that he have some "secret plan." This could mean that he has a new manga (series or oneshot) planned.

He didn't want to say anything about the plot or anything (of SK volume 33) except :
"This will be like AstroBoy.. kind of.."

(source) (http://www.mankin-trad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=40)

and to celebrate the good news:
C E L E B R A T I O N ! ! ! W O O T n_n (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ)

ssjohn
September 09, 2007, 08:48 PM
"This will be like AstroBoy.. kind of.."

???? i know Astro boy was big in japan i never read the manga so what does this mean? >_>

reaper_unique
September 10, 2007, 12:13 PM
well I'm wondering the same -_-' looked it up but didn't really found somthing interesting T_T

ow and why he'll probably be announce it officialy in november:
first not in september because in september he'll probably wont be far enof.
second not in october because then weekly SJ is going to change to Jump SQ(square).
So probably end november because then he'll be far enof or in dec because he said then it would be ready.

ssjohn
September 17, 2007, 09:44 AM
@^ --- Weekly SJ is still Weekly Monthly SJ is changing into JumpSQ

It looks like Mankin Trad will be caught up in time :) all i know is this gives me hope for other mangas now :)

((( OT: Shaman king = The Jericho (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series)) of manga :P))

reaper_unique
September 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
thank you for correcting:amuse
and why is SK the jericho of manga?:blink

Maxy Barnard
September 18, 2007, 02:08 AM
died and then was brought back

reaper_unique
October 06, 2007, 01:06 PM
since when did that happen?:blink

O well, don't really care:p just hope it doesn't take to long for the official anouncment:amuse
[hr]
great news:

Next week, Takei will have a message in Weekly Shonen Jump! The section his message will be under is the "Go!Go!SQ!" which is a section about the new manga magazine, Jump SQ (released monthly starting in Nov.). His message could just be "support" for the new magazine, BUT there will be an illustration by Takei as well (as far as the orginal rumor-news says). And rule of thumb is (and even more so if it's noted in advance)...

New drawings almost always mean a new series!

And by new series, it could mean Shaman King comes back! Or it could be something new! It could be a one shot, or it could be a brand new series. Either way, it will VERY likely mean that it will be in JumpSQ and NOT Weekly Shonen Jump. This means, if it's any more than a oneshot chapter, it will be monthly chapter releases.

So, I'd like to annouce at this time, or just re-confirm, if Takei releases anything in JumpSQ (oneshot, SK, or something new), Mankin-Trad will try it's hardest to scanlate what ever it is.

Just like with Jyuki Ningen Jumbor, we will work hard next week to both raw scans and translations for the one page message (ok, half page message, somebody else is making a comment too). Also, if it is Shaman King coming back, yes, we will finish up all 32 volumes of Shaman King manga BEFORE it gets released (assuming it follows my prediction as stated below). So check out this site for anything Takei, since we keep you updated!

(Oh, and here's just my hunch, not fact, but I'm normally not off by very much. I believe it will be Shaman King returning, but it won't start until the 2nd or more likely the 3rd issue, the January issue.)

(Also, this clearly isn't the project I have talked about in the last news post, so yes, these are two different things. But with this new, soon to be annouced annoucement, Mankin-Trad will be up to 4.5 manga series scanlated (the .5 from Funbari No Uta).)

source (http://mankin-trad.net/main.php)

naruto91
November 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
when will the new volume come out?november or dicember?

gao_dargon
December 06, 2007, 09:53 AM
help please, i cant find chapters 279 and up, im stuck in chapter 279 please help me T·T

mugen
December 06, 2007, 01:26 PM
anime-eden...perhaps could help

weixiaobao
December 06, 2007, 05:11 PM
help please, i cant find chapters 279 and up, im stuck in chapter 279 please help me T·T

dang how come u so far ahead from the rest of us... where did u read from 263 and up please....

gao_dargon
December 06, 2007, 05:15 PM
mangatraders, they are really LQ but its better than nothing dont u think?
[hr]
but i cant find the other chapters,i know SK ended a wile ago, so y i cant find them

btw,thx mugen but nop they dont have them

weixiaobao
December 06, 2007, 06:33 PM
here is another site but they dont have them either http://www.vimanga.ru/manga/s/shaman-king

andysislands
December 08, 2007, 12:28 AM
Those are LQ scanlations, that use stolen translations. The use of stolen translation (as in the translations were created for the sole reason and purpose NOT to be used in scanlations), goes against one of the key morals of the manga scanlating community. Please do not discuss how to acquire these scanlations. I have already talked to the person who made those scanlations and he wishes for them not to be distributed.

In other news, more official word of SK's return (in SQ):

SK will be back in SQ (still this years or early 2008 as of when he went to Angouleme last summer). I got my issue of Animeland and inside : an interview with Takei. He said that the end will fit into 1 or 2 tankobon. He talk also about the "behind the Jump."
-BadS

There's the latest news. I'll work on getting some scans and translations, and a more solid info later. But that's the story that's happening right now.

Yes, I can call it right.

(For those who don't understand what this means...
- Shaman King will return
- It will return in monthly releases (with one new chapter a month)
- The story will be either 1 or 2 volumes long (so anywhere from 8-20 chapters)
- The volumes will be released at least 4 months after the final chapter for that volume is released
- So calling it "Shaman King: Conclusion Volume" isn't really correct, since it could be longer than 2 volumes
- It's return isn't to continue the series, but to finish it. It will NOT run longer than 2 volumes.)

gao_dargon
December 08, 2007, 06:35 AM
srry mate, did not know that,is there any place i cant get them with translation made for scanlations?? so that i can delate them,or atleast the ones im missing¿¿??

naruto91
December 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
when will be out the new chapter?
[hr]
hey!16 december and there isn't the 33 yet!will it come out in the new year?

endg
December 09, 2008, 05:58 PM
takei is such a pot headdddd druggy!!
thats wat i luv bout him so much

NaruJunky
January 20, 2009, 09:30 AM
This manga is dead.

A real shame for it's creator TAKEI Hiroyuki. to make so many volumes and right before the end to cancel the manga. I will never read anything new he releases.

mugen
January 20, 2009, 11:30 AM
This manga is dead.

A real shame for it's creator TAKEI Hiroyuki. to make so many volumes and right before the end to cancel the manga. I will never read anything new he releases.

where did you hear this? I can't believe he would cancel it after hyping the return? and he didn't cancel it, Shonen dropped it

Sherlock Holmes
January 20, 2009, 01:18 PM
And he is going to write new chapters at the reprints, right?
..isn't he?

Asakura
January 21, 2009, 12:00 PM
Sigh... I can't believe this hasn't been updated yet... Shaman King is currently on it's 21st and 22 kanzenban and next month will be volumes 23 and 24. The surprise here though is that volume 24 is going to have 2 new chapters (covering the Lucifer vs. Marco fight). So that means that we will be getting new chapters in 2 weeks or so. Volume 27 is said to be a whole volume of brand new chapters. that'll come out April 4. To keep yourself updated, go to http://shamanking-nation.com/

Here is the link for the ad of the new ending (translated by SK-n):
http://shamanking-nation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/mankin-tradnet-box-3-manga-conclusion-ad-english.jpg

andysislands
February 26, 2009, 04:21 PM
Well, after months of waiting, the new chapters are here! (or at least one new chapter, the other one will be here tomorrow)

Chapter 265 raw:
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/13941

Chapter 265 English scanlation:
http://mangahelpers.com/s/mankin-trad/details/13942

Since these new chapters follow a new number scheme, make sure you favorites "Shaman King: Kang Zeng Bang."

The second new chapter, Chapter 266 will be released tomorrow by Mankin-Trad (raws and scans).

On Saturday (Japanese time), on the official website, they will also be releasing a 15 page preview of Chapter 287 (out of 19 pages most likely). This is the start of 5 new chapters that will be released in Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang volume 26 (which Mankin-Trad is covering as well). The original chapter 285 is no longer a part of Shaman King, and this new 287 replaces it (since you need to add 2 to the chapter count, confusing I know).

Well, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And there are more to come!

ibn.
February 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
hmmm... how do i put this. it's been so long, i almost forgot about the train wreck which was the "end" of Shaman King. and just reading this one chapter made me realize what a train wreck it's going to continue to be. i don't know how to put it, but it's just isn't good.

polluxer
February 27, 2009, 05:40 AM
thanks for the raws!
I hope I can use for scanlation by these~? andysislands sama><

Sai_the_Shaman
February 27, 2009, 01:45 PM
andysisland provided me with a 15 page preview of the first new conclusion chapters in Volume 26 XD

Here's a link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9qg2v

I'll have a translation done for it sometime tonight :D

DeidaraGrimmjow
February 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
I just wanted to thank you, Sai. I did not think anyone would bother with this...

¬Bol
February 27, 2009, 04:55 PM
Sai, I just love you!

Sai_the_Shaman
March 01, 2009, 02:43 AM
I just wanted to thank you, Sai. I did not think anyone would bother with this...

Sai, I just love you!

Thanks guys, this is something I've been waiting to do for awhile now. Shaman King is definitely my favorite manga and I'm jsut so excited that it's finally getting a real conclusion

(on a side note, it seems mankin trad released the second and final part of the marco-luchist battle. hope you all enjoy!)
[hr]
Just want to update you all that I posted the tl to the 287 preview that andysisland gave me. You can see it here http://mangahelpers.com/t/saitheshaman/releases/9936

When the full chapter comes out I'll just be updating it. If you want alerts when that happens, njt tell me I can just have you "fan" me and alerts will be sent!

anyhow I hope you all enjoy!!!

P.S. 5 new chapters are expected to be released with vol. 26 in a few weeks! Look forward to them!!!

Koen
March 02, 2009, 09:43 AM
Can someone please give an explanation. I have bought all the shaman king volumes and I can clearly see that the luchist vs marco fight (thus one of the end volumes) have been rewritten or provided with extra material. So I wonder: is anything known how many volumes it will take, will everything be rewritten, etc?

andysislands
March 02, 2009, 01:14 PM
The original Shaman King release was 32 volumes. In the KZB this was reduced down to about less than 26 volumes, which each volume containing about 11-12 chapters. Any changes made to the chapters, not completely rewritten, just a frame redraw and such, are mostly in the beginining and middle, when he was still figuring out his art style. Text changes were very minimal. So, only 2 chapters in vol24, 5 chapters in vol26, and the entire vol27 are new.

For a "complete" guide of all the Shaman King volumes check out this:
http://shamanking-nation.com/ultimate-kzb-guide/

(Ok, it's not complete, but still a work in progress. And it's been alot of work since early last year, but it's all accurate, and covers most of the details you need to know.)

Sai_the_Shaman
March 02, 2009, 07:14 PM
Anyhows, just to turn this back to some discussion.... What's everyone think about what's gonna happen with the ending?

My personal belief, especially given the preview of the new chapter, is that Yoh is gonna die and hyoi gattai with Hao. This is probably also the popular belief on what's going to happen. Any other thoughts from people?

mugen
March 02, 2009, 07:20 PM
I think Yoh kills hao with love!!!!
Actually I hope the ending he supposedly gave us is still accurate and this new ending gives us details as to why Yoh and Anna left Hana.

Maxy Barnard
March 02, 2009, 07:32 PM
i think yoh and hao will fuse, die, be reborn, die again, explode the universe, snap it back, yoh remains the main personality, cue funbari no uta

¬Bol
March 05, 2009, 10:37 AM
Does anybody have an idea about when we can get chapters 287-291?

andysislands
March 05, 2009, 12:33 PM
My volume 26 is shipped. Estimated shipping is Monday, but we'll see what happens when the tracking kicks in.

Raw and scanlation for 287 should be done same day, because Sai has done an excellent translation of the chapter already. And yes, it is a 15 page chapter.

So, after that, it's really up in the air. Much faster getting the raws this time, since I went EMS instead of SAL. But sometime next week for raws, English translations, and English and French scanlations.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 14, 2009, 03:28 AM
Translation to 288 is out! 289 will be out in a few days I need to do Ultimo first :D

Anyhow! Exciting isn't it! HoroHoro's past fully explained!!! It was so sad and tragic. Poor Damuko

Anyhow some quick not so spoiler spoilers....290 - 291 is Nichrom vs Ren :D It's so awesome! look foward to it!

¬Bol
March 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
Thanks Sai for the translation but...Isn't there any raw yet?

Sai_the_Shaman
March 14, 2009, 12:36 PM
no public raws for 288-291 yet, andysislands and mankin trad will have a scanlation up soon though. he'll probably post raws then too

Oni_James
March 14, 2009, 05:22 PM
oh god...288 it's really shocking! thanks for the translation Sai_the_Shaman! if you say next chapters are about Ren vs Nichrom can't wait for them^^ i wonder who will be fighting Choco Love... Faust shouldn't have died...we miss him:(

¬Bol
March 26, 2009, 01:23 PM
Any news about new chapters?

Sai_the_Shaman
March 26, 2009, 01:37 PM
Mankin Trad should have 288 out soon hopefully today or tmr.

I'll be doing lots and lots of tling this weekend of Ultimo chapter 2, and 289-291 of Shaman King.

¬Bol
March 26, 2009, 02:56 PM
So I'm gonna wait!
And I've got a question: I'd like to buy SK #27, I asked the guys who usually sell me japanese tankos but they told me "19 euros", and it's too much.
Do you know where to find them at a lower price?

Crude
March 26, 2009, 03:54 PM
19 euros is way too excessive compared to the 7-8 euros for a normal tankobon.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 26, 2009, 10:02 PM
well, given that the kanzenban are larger and much higher in quality than a normal tanko it may not be too terrible a price. Personally, I order from a Japanese online bookstore called bk1. You'll need at least a little bit of Japanese skills to navigate it. here's the link http://www.bk1.jp/

¬Bol
March 27, 2009, 11:20 AM
Damnit, I don't understand anything >.<

But...Have you seen the last cover? Manta...? Why Manta?! Why don't Yoh, Hao, the G.S or Takei's face? Why Manta, the character I hate most?!

bleach91
March 27, 2009, 01:45 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5880/468x.jpg

Maxy Barnard
March 27, 2009, 04:39 PM
it's probably the best kang zeng bang cover out of them all (well this or the most recent horohoro cover

¬Bol
March 27, 2009, 04:59 PM
I love #13, with Hao/SOF.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 27, 2009, 08:35 PM
lol Manta needed a cover, given that he hasnt gotten a single cover thus far

dmysta3000
March 30, 2009, 08:13 PM
I guess this means he will play a very important part in the new ending, right?

andysislands
March 31, 2009, 01:14 PM
Spoilers if you haven't read Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang volume 26:

Chapter 292 Online Preview:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7k3jxr

I have my volume ordered, should arrive early to mid next week. Soon as translations are done, my HQ scanlations and raws will follow quickly after, don't worry.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 31, 2009, 01:18 PM
I need to go tl! DAMN SCHOOL! I'm so backed logged right now >.>.........expect 289 by thursday from me....(would be tomorrow....but I got an exam to study for)

andysislands
April 03, 2009, 10:32 AM
And to keep you all in the know....

It appears that several Kang Zeng Bang volumes are getting hard to find in Japan. (http://shamanking-nation.com/english/shaman-king/kang-zeng-bang-out-of-stock/) If you hadn't gotten your volumes yet, you might need to look a bit harder or wait a bit longer.

On June 4th, a new Shaman King Fanbook will be released, the Mantarite. Yeah, that's right, SK isn't over yet! But it get's better! You can also send a message to Takei right now and the best selections will be added into the book! Now's your chance to write in the final Shaman King history! For directions, look here. (http://shamanking-nation.com/english/shaman-king/shaman-king-kang-zeng-bang-fanbook-mantarite/)

(And yes, Mankin-Trad will scanlate it, and get raws, and all that fun stuff. We are actually working on the first character book right now. We will continue to work on the KZB chapter scanlations, assuming we have translations from Sai. French version will also be released at the same time, along with the raws. Yeah, we got our stuff together now.)

naruto91
April 05, 2009, 09:11 AM
could someone scan the 5 elemental spirit (fire, rain, wind, earth and thunder) from shaman files please?

¬Bol
April 05, 2009, 03:19 PM
Oh my god, I've just seen volume 27's raw...Can't wait for translation, seems to be a good, lovely end.

Chibi_Fluffy
April 05, 2009, 08:04 PM
OMG!! It as been so long since I came here but I really could not pass up the chance of seeing this.... I never read a raw before, I just hate spoilers, but I cannot stop looking!!!

Been so~ long since I wanted to see the end!!!

Not done yet xD

I just hate not understanding Japanese T_T

EDIT : Just finished looking and I feel like crying T_T
Its so sweet even though I cant read it T_T

Men I cant even see the keyboard from all the tears T_T

AsanoHa
April 05, 2009, 11:39 PM
Holy Crap!!!! I don't even care how spoiled I AM!!!! Volume 27 is the best ending to anything I've ever seen/read!!!!! And I can't even read most of it!!

Sai_the_Shaman
April 06, 2009, 01:29 AM
I'm gonna try to pump out as much Mankin as I can in the next few days and put ultimo on hold till Mankin is all done! 289 will be done in a little bit

290-291 may be done by wednesday (test on tursday so cant tl tmr ;o; )
[hr]
Translation for 289 is up! enjoy, it s a nice funny chapter before the kick ass nees of the Ren vs Nichrom fight XD

the tl is here: http://mangahelpers.com/t/saitheshaman/releases/11148

Mankin Trad should have the scan out in tmr or the day after

Chibi_Fluffy
April 07, 2009, 10:16 AM
That was fast!!

Cannot wait to read it all!!!

I am soo~ Excited!!!

A friend in class was reading it today, trying to find out where she was when she stoped reading, it was really a coincidence.... another friend came and told: "Oh! my sister read it and the ending is shit" , my answer was : "WHAT!!! The ending is so cute and good and waddyawaydyayde"....
He told me his sister read the to the end last week.... I told him she could not have.... and I told him about the last volume just coming out..... cannot wait to hear from him xD

Sorry... I just really felt like telling you all.... was such a good coincidence xD
This happens to me so often xP

¬Bol
April 07, 2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah, thanks for 289. I loved it, Opacho was too funny!
Renim was a n00b instead, the most boring of all Priests...
Now can't wait for 290 and for Nichrom.
And I've got a question: what are Yoh and Ren talking about in the last page? "their unknown power"? Whose power? Priests?

Sai_the_Shaman
April 07, 2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, thanks for 289. I loved it, Opacho was too funny!
Renim was a n00b instead, the most boring of all Priests...
Now can't wait for 290 and for Nichrom.
And I've got a question: what are Yoh and Ren talking about in the last page? "their unknown power"? Whose power? Priests?

They're talking about Hao, Opacho, and Anna's powers to read peoples heart/minds

¬Bol
April 08, 2009, 12:48 PM
Oh, so are they finally going to explain how that lovely power works, before go to kick Nichrom?
And can I have a free spoiler about Nichrom? Plant, Spirit, powers, who kills him (I suppose Ren...), etc...

Sai_the_Shaman
April 08, 2009, 05:41 PM
Oh, so are they finally going to explain how that lovely power works, before go to kick Nichrom?
And can I have a free spoiler about Nichrom? Plant, Spirit, powers, who kills him (I suppose Ren...), etc...

Nichrom uses a scorpion spirit AND his brother's his brother's grasshopper spirit (I think it's a grasshopper)

His plant is the Cave

First chapter of the battle has Nichrom, using only his scorpion OS, getting his ass handed to him by Ren wihtout Ren even using his Armor OS. Second part has nichrom bringing out his bros' spirit along with his own and he and Ren fight on semi equal grounds. Ren wins obviously

Pacman2000
April 08, 2009, 06:10 PM
any idea when/where I could find raws for 289-292? Thanks~

Mangust
April 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
There're russian scanlations for 290-291 ("Shaman King non-yaoi" first result in google - Глава 291=Chapter 291). However I have no idea where to find raws. 292 is volume 27 and there's raw for it on MH.

Finix of Fire
April 10, 2009, 12:38 PM
if the matter is the raw

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=559676881&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=30&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%CD%A8%C1%E9%CD%F5&

Chibi_Fluffy
April 14, 2009, 09:54 AM
I wonder....

Will they ever make a new anime ?

They did make a new one for FMA why not SK ?

Would be so great xD

¬Bol
April 14, 2009, 11:14 AM
It would be fair, after the horrible thing they created with the first.
Talking about 290 chinese raw, it seems a massacre. Poor Nichrom (even if I really hate him), he gets owned so quickly! After reading 289 I thought the chamaleon's Pache (I don't wanna remember his name) was the funniest newbie character in shaman king, but Nichrom is so newbie too.
Actually, I noticed that the first 4 paches (regular series) were really strong, they took a long time to be killed and they killed. Starting with Kalim, they stop to kill, they die soon and become weaker. Kalim was going to kill HoroHoro in the regular series, then he gets killed random; chamaleon's one is a f*cking idiot, Nichrom a f*cking child. I'm quite happy for Talim, I didn't expect to see him so strong, even if he doesn't kill anybody (ç___ç); Silva is cool as always, but dies so soon; and finally I didn't understand anything about the alien girl, I need to be told something about her.

Chibi_Fluffy
April 14, 2009, 12:06 PM
I am sure they will remake one... they have to!

I think that Takei just wanted to get to the end and fast xD

Maybe if there had been another volume he would have made better fights =O

A lot of things seem to be done faster....

Pacman2000
April 14, 2009, 04:49 PM
mm, thanks for the links. But anyone have the Japanese raws 289 - 291? I haven't read vol 27 yet as I want to read the three preceding chapters, but grrr, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

As far as anime goes, I don't see them doing a remake. I mean, they started to deviate from the original run mangas early on, so I don't think they were ever interested in how the series ended print-wise. I could however very much see an OVA or two.

Chibi_Fluffy
April 14, 2009, 09:02 PM
They did the same thing with FMA (only example I can find xP)
The first anime had nothing to do with the manga, I do not know if they will stay with the manga for the new one but I do hope so.....

I think that OVA's would only make me sad.... They would make a movie (That would be really weird) and it would be the same thing. There is too much in this manga, it really needs and anime of its own....
Gotta find a way to know....

White Silver King
April 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
Where is chapter 290?!?!?! It's been almost 3 weeks!!!!

Maxy Barnard
April 26, 2009, 01:17 PM
patience perhaps?

anyway finally read the last volume, and all i can say is........ wow. without translation.... the end... nonsense. random nonsense. also

am i the only one who assumed that the terriermon looking demon dude would be evil and responsible for hao's darkness, as opposed to being one of the good guys?

¬Bol
April 26, 2009, 03:39 PM
Who are you talking about? The Z guy? He is the first Hao's spirit and friend, according to extra story at the end of original volume 32.

Maxy Barnard
April 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
i know the extra chapter about Z, but there was such a good possibility

White Silver King
April 30, 2009, 05:09 PM
WHERE IS THE CHAPTER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

andysislands
April 30, 2009, 05:19 PM
KZB extras 13-14 will be out later tonight (on M-T website).
Chapter 289 raw will be out this weekend (MangaHelpers).
Chapter 290 raw will be out this weekend (MH).
Chapter 290 scanlation will be out this weekend (MH & MT).

And White Silver King, I'm not writing this message to you, instead I'm writing this to everyone else who has been waiting patiently for our release. Both Dit and Sai have been very busy, but Dit's pull through for 290 in her record time. So make sure to thank her when the chapter comes out this weekend (could be as early as Friday).

More updates are on Mankin-Trad as things develop.

Chibi_Fluffy
May 01, 2009, 08:41 AM
Thank you so much for your hard work!!! I cannot wait to read it >w<

But I do not understand why there is a chapter 289, but no raw O___o?

andysislands
May 01, 2009, 10:43 AM
But I do not understand why there is a chapter 289, but no raw O___o?

Because I forgot to upload it, since all the raws are from my book directly. But yeah, this weekend, it'll be up.

Hard to say when chapter 291 will be out. At least 1 week, if not two or three. But 292 will be released at the same time, or shortly after (day or two). But we'll have some other stuff on Mankin-Trad website, some of which may transfer over to MH at some point.

accessBR
May 03, 2009, 04:00 PM
Don't know if this was posted already, but I just found the Shaman Files from volume 27 (adult versions of everyone):
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/kk79561/ga/1238980.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/kk79561/ga/584e54fghh.jpg
source: tieba.baidu.com

And I am looking for the ones with the Gandhara (the MyoOh, Sati and their spirits). Their image are up at the wikia, so they are somewhere in the internet :/

Kimei
May 03, 2009, 04:09 PM
Don't know if this was posted already, but I just found the Shaman Files from volume 27 (adult versions of everyone):
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ga/1238980.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...584e54fghh.jpg

And I am looking for the ones with the Gandhara (the MyoOh, Sati and their spirits). Their image are up at the wikia, so they are somewhere in the internet :/

This reminded me about Funbari no Uta. Will this somehow be related with oneself maybe?

Sherlock Holmes
May 03, 2009, 04:11 PM

Lyserg and Ren look like mafia members.

QUICK, TSUNA!
RECRUIT THEM!

Oni_James
May 03, 2009, 04:31 PM
Lyserg and Ren look like mafia members.

QUICK, TSUNA!
RECRUIT THEM!
lol, it can't be helped, they got shot by the 10 years bazooka
+6 year Yoh's people FTW!!! Seyram and Redseb are more or less as young as Yoh when the Shaman Fight, Manta...never changes XD
WTF??? Len has a baby?? who might be the mother...?
Yoh Hao-like is scary, as if he is evil now... -.-' XD

Chibi_Fluffy
May 04, 2009, 07:02 AM
Kinda sad they did not put Hao in there.... Why his he not there???

Love Older Yoh though >w<

OOooohhhh!! Chapter 290 is so cool!!! But its sad they did not put more HAo in there xP

¬Bol
May 04, 2009, 12:03 PM
@Chibi_Fluffy:
Cause Hao is the SK, and he is inside the GS.
Or well, I suppose from the raw.

Chibi_Fluffy
May 04, 2009, 03:35 PM
I meant in the Profiles XD

I know where Hao is, and what he is doing XD

But thanks anyway =D

¬Bol
May 04, 2009, 04:24 PM
lol sorry.
I thought that because he is there, so he can't be in the future profiles.

Chibi_Fluffy
May 04, 2009, 07:45 PM
*Ish Confused*

But he should be since everyone else is too ? No ?

andysislands
May 04, 2009, 09:11 PM
289 raw up
290 raw up
290 scanlation up

----------------------------
The following is subject to change (aka: delay):

291 raw this weekend!?
291 scanlation this weekend!?
292 scanlation this weekend!?

Chibi_Fluffy
May 11, 2009, 07:03 AM
W00T!!!

Thank you !

Chap 291 was fast xD

bluemonster
May 11, 2009, 09:08 AM

argh why did I click the link now I'm spoilt for the ending! Thanks anyway. ;_;

andysislands
May 11, 2009, 09:15 AM
argh why did I click the link now I'm spoilt for the ending! Thanks anyway. ;_;

Those are the pages 4-7 in Volume 27. So that comes before Chapter 292. So, it's ok, Takei wants you to read those, they don't give away too many spoilers.

Speaking of 292, it should be coming "soon."

bluemonster
May 12, 2009, 05:42 AM
I see. I still wished I didn't read it. Thanks for the scans! Can't wait for 292!

andysislands
June 02, 2009, 05:49 PM
New scanlations are coming soon. Really soon. Could have the entire book done within 2-3 weeks if things go as planned. (Then we start on Mentalite info, and raw scans and all that fun stuff)

Tent. Release Schedule will be up on M-T soon, probably. Or I might just surprise you when things are done.

Also, Mentalite news on SKN, along with Ultimo news (which will be updated more often now, so we are less in the dark).

¬Bol
June 03, 2009, 12:28 PM
Entire volume in 2-3 weeks?! OMG, that's a great news.

andysislands
June 03, 2009, 04:03 PM
Then, followed by Mentalite's two special chapters:

Shaman King Bonus Track: Snake's Legs
Shaman King Flowers: “Hana’s epoch”

(These will be considered specials to the KZB section, not formal chapter numbers, so... make sure you watch Mankin-Trad's group, in addition to SK KZB on MH, or just go to our site)

And raws will be out from this volume by us as well (unless somebody else does it, and I feel lazy again).

Mentalite Preview: http://www.s-manga.net/comics/cm_20090604_wj_jpc_9784088748221_shamanking-guide-book-mantarite.html

Shaman King Nation news article (with some translations, and spoilers that are noted): http://shamanking-nation.com/english/shaman-king/sneak-peek-at-the-mentalite/

Sherlock Holmes
June 03, 2009, 05:14 PM
I just hope the ending for the manga won't be as Gainaxi as it was the last time...

Sachsenhesse
June 19, 2009, 02:50 AM
haha what a shit xD they should had really ended it by the last time

Chibi_Fluffy
July 05, 2009, 07:41 AM
YAY!! I cannot wait >w<

Mmmmm... How do I do spoilers in here ??

Anyway... The ending is awesome!

I cannot wait to see it translated =D

Last chappy was just FTW all the way >w<
And I cannot wait to see what will be said next *w*

Rikudou King
July 06, 2009, 05:59 AM
Ditto. Even though I already know how it basically ends, I'm still waiting excitedly to read the final chapter. The closer to the climax we get the better it seems to get.

jinndtonic
August 19, 2009, 09:52 PM
whens someone gonna translate 300? its been a month and a half!

ElricKeyblade
August 23, 2009, 02:26 AM
300 translation/scanslation up.

Oh, and for those who read the scanslation-Is the mother of Tao Ren's son Jeanne??? :o

Sai_the_Shaman
August 23, 2009, 03:24 AM
@ElricKeyblade

Yep, Men is the son of Ren and Maiden. There are some extra chapters in the character book for the KZB series that show a grown up Men and Hana fighting. Men has both Shamash and Bason. Mankin-Trad will scan those in due time XD

Rikudou King
August 23, 2009, 04:29 AM
It was truly great to read the last chapter. And I never would have guess that Ren would have ended up with her.

¬Bol
August 24, 2009, 02:53 AM
@ElricKeyblade

Yep, Men is the son of Ren and Maiden. There are some extra chapters in the character book for the KZB series that show a grown up Men and Hana fighting. Men has both Shamash and Bason. Mankin-Trad will scan those in due time XD

Woh, can't wait for it!
Are there other extra chapters?

Sai_the_Shaman
August 24, 2009, 02:55 AM
I believe there are a total of 2 or 3 extra chapters.

kkck
September 29, 2009, 02:31 AM
Ahhh, what a great manga, to bad it is over lol. Am the only one kinda disappointed that one of the main characters did not became the shaman king though(yoh, ren, horohoro, chocolove, ryu....)?

I was looking around the shaman king wiki and found something interesting. It seems men tao has appeared in a few extra chapters along with hana(yoh's son) and some other patch girl(who looks like anna lo). Could someone point me to where I can find this chapters? I have looked in onemanga, MH and the mankin trad site and have yet to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Sai_the_Shaman
September 29, 2009, 02:44 AM
Mankin Trad is going to scanlate them in due time. They were extra chapters in the KZB Fanbook.

kkck
September 29, 2009, 03:29 AM
Mankin Trad is going to scanlate them in due time. They were extra chapters in the KZB Fanbook.

Thanks for the info. Since I saw it in the shaman king wiki I assumed they had already been scanlated. I guess that is not the case lol.

¬Bol
September 29, 2009, 10:43 AM
Ahhh, what a great manga, to bad it is over lol. Am the only one kinda disappointed that one of the main characters did not became the shaman king though(yoh, ren, horohoro, chocolove, ryu....)?

I was looking around the shaman king wiki and found something interesting. It seems men tao has appeared in a few extra chapters along with hana(yoh's son) and some other patch girl(who looks like anna lo). Could someone point me to where I can find this chapters? I have looked in onemanga, MH and the mankin trad site and have yet to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
It is an extra chapter with Hana as main character. He is attacked by Men, then meets Blocken, the "panda guy" and the "football guy" (Hao allies), the three girls of the Team Flower and Tamao (I'm not sure of her identity, but in the character files Tamao is shown with same hair and kimono). Then Horo Horo and Ryu are shown too. In the end Hana meets Hao (no idea of who he is, but he is a guy with Hao's face, and there are a lot of cats with him).
On the last page is shown Anna the Itako, 3rd (she is a girl - probably Anna's reincarnation, even if Anna should be alive - and I'm sure about the name because of the character files).

Felipe Asakura
September 29, 2009, 12:07 PM
On the last page is shown Anna the Itako, 3rd (she is a girl - probably Anna's reincarnation, even if Anna should be alive - and I'm sure about the name because of the character files).

Anna III is Silver's daughter. Silver explains that he named his daughter after Anna because she is the strongest person he knows.

¬Bol
September 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
When does he say that?

Felipe Asakura
September 29, 2009, 02:19 PM
When does he say that?

He says on his 'interview'.

pingunator
March 24, 2010, 09:06 AM
hey guys i know this is probably a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle late to ask but does anyone know where i can get the raws for volume 27? (ie chapter 292 onwards) would be great if i could get a hand on the raws since the last volume has been scanlated already! cheers

kkck
March 24, 2010, 10:14 AM
I am pretty sure you can find raws here in MH.

Felipe Asakura
March 24, 2010, 02:36 PM
hey guys i know this is probably a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle late to ask but does anyone know where i can get the raws for volume 27? (ie chapter 292 onwards) would be great if i could get a hand on the raws since the last volume has been scanlated already! cheers

There were raws, scanned by Heiji-sama, but I can't find it anymore. I think he deleted it. :(

kkck
March 24, 2010, 05:24 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/m/shaman-king/raws/
http://mangahelpers.com/m/shaman-king-kan-zen-ban/raws/
The raws are in MHs....

Felipe Asakura
March 24, 2010, 09:38 PM
So, there aren't raws of vol. 27 anymore... :( Maybe if you ask Heiji-sama, he can send it to you...

pingunator
March 25, 2010, 05:31 AM
thanks for the reply kkck and Felipe Asakura...

@kkck: yeh i know that MH has the raw chapters up until chapter 291 but not the ones after :( i want to read the last volume (chapters from 292-300) which MH doesn't have... I've tried looked around for a while but can't seem to find them...

@Felipe Asakura: yeah i've been looking for aaaaaaaaages and can't find them anywhere. i'm dieing to read the ending!!!

Chibi_Fluffy
March 25, 2010, 05:43 AM
Why dont you just read the scanlations ?

pingunator
March 28, 2010, 07:01 PM
Why dont you just read the scanlations ?

Because I want to read it in japanese... :$

Justine
April 13, 2010, 10:10 PM
I've been thinking about buying all the Shaman King manga finally, but I'm hesitant.
I know that in Japan, the Kanzenban (limited edition and finales) volumes finished releasing sometime in 2009 (I think)...usually we wouldn't think they'd ever be released in North America. But in the past couple of years, several mangas have been released in the same 'limited/special' edition formats (ie: Fruits Basket, Ruroni Kenshin, Inuyasha).
Does anyone think that maybe there's a chance Shaman King could do the same thing? I mean, it was pretty popular, and everyone knows the fans were/are dying for the official end. I don't know...I think I might wait a year or so to just see what I hear from the North American publisher. I'd rather buy the newer, refurbished volumes :)

andysislands
April 16, 2010, 10:31 AM
Last I heard, Viz is looking into it. I'm not sure if talks have stopped or not. They might just be seeing how Ultimo and SK sells first.

However, here's the problem. Shueisha wants to resell it has a "new license." So, it's not a re-release, but instead a whole new license they would need to pick up. Shaman King sells alright for Viz, it certainly breaks even, but it's not their most profitable series. And doing a complete re-release, might not be as profitable to be worth it. This would also include re-typesetting the entire series again, and that's alot of time and effort. At best, they could do a limited run, and really push the ending volumes, but... it's reallyu just wait and see.
[hr]
Quick update:
Shaman King: KZB will be released in Italy starting in Nov 2010. Shaman King is one of the best selling mangas in Italy (and outside of Asia, the highest selling, only second to France, then the USA).

More info:
http://shamanking-nation.com/english/shaman-king/shaman-king-perfect-edition-to-be-released-in-italy/

¬Bol
April 16, 2010, 12:19 PM
Shaman King didn't (it's been about 3 year since it finished, stuff like that) sell that well. I mean, manga who sell in Italy are One Piece, Death Note (it was reprinted...6 times, I think...), Naruto, Bleach. Compared to these, Shaman King sells nothing.

But I'm still pretty happy for this edition, which I'll buy for sure (who mind if I already have the original volumes)! I've heard volumes will have color pages (on a lq paper, but it's better than nothing), but won't have the plastified cover...Damn, I love that removable covers...

andysislands
April 16, 2010, 01:11 PM
Well, it sold well enough to warrent getting the two fanbooks, as well as going back and picking up Butsu Zone. Not to mention the anime (based off of the 4Kids dub) had their own special opening theme and music CD. So it's up there in terms of best selling series (I didn't mean to say that it was outselling One Piece or Death Note or anything...but doing better there than anyplace else).

andysislands
July 17, 2011, 08:14 AM
(And digs out topic... since it's been a while...)

Mankin-Trad has released Shaman King Remix Track 01! This is the first sort of chapter that kinda continues the Shaman King storyline. The last one was Shaman King: Flowers. But it's important to note that these are not full chapters, only manga shorts (3 to 7 pages).

Each Remix Track is included in a reprint volume of Shaman King under the Shueisha Remix label. Series under the Remix label get bundled into larger volumes on "meh" paper (better than WSJ, worse than volume, much worse than KZB in quality). They are released with a new volume every two weeks. Shaman King Remix is using the Kang Zeng Bang verison of the story (with chapter renaming, and art changes), but doesn't have the extras such as the color pages, Shaman Files, and Last Words. But they do have these small Shaman King manga shorts called "Shaman King Remix Tracks" so it's alittle something.

Currently 8 volumes are out in Japan. Mankin-Trad will be scanlating them at a rate of two a week until we catch up. Remix Track 1 is out now on Mankin-Trad (http://mankin-trad.net).

andysislands
September 11, 2011, 08:11 PM
(Not to dig up an old topic again... but this should stir up some discussion!)

If you haven't been keeping track, Remix Tracks 2-8 have been released on Mankin-Trad! There will be 16 in total. And 9-11 are in translation, so they should be up in the upcoming weeks. A complete guide to all the volumes will be up on Shaman King Nation later this week too!

In the other huge news... Mankin-Trad has released the entire interview with Hiroyuki Takei from Pafu Magazine! This is a HUGE 12 page interview with Hiroyuki Takei, including pictures of his office. Mangas discussed are Jumbor, Ultimo, and Shaman King. It's very detailed and goes deep into Takei's dynamics on making those series. So be sure to download the .pdf version and give this a read!

Animeace
September 24, 2011, 04:15 AM
http://www.image-share.com/upload/948/107.jpg (http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-948-107.html)

Source ?????????????? ???????????????????????????X?????????? (http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4156.html)

Ann just posted some new info Shaman King to Return in New Short Manga in November - News - Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-24/shaman-king-to-return-in-new-short-manga-in-november)

Volume 4 of Shueisha's Jump X [Kai] magazine is announcing on Monday that Hiroyuki Takei is returning to his Shaman King manga with a new 44-page story in the next volume on November 10. The manga short with color opening pages will depict a previously untold "zero story" about the main character Yō Asakura. Shaman King will also adorn the cover of the volume and a bundled "big" poster.

According to the magazine, the manga short is leading up to a "Big Project" next spring. The magazine also revealed that its standard release date will change from the 25th of each month to the 10th.

andysislands
September 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
(should be merged with current SK topic (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/241-Shaman-King-by-Takei-Hiroyuki)..)

Here's some addition news about it from Shaman King Nation (http://shamanking-nation.com/english/shaman-king/new-shaman-king-oneshot-leads-of-rebirth-of-the-series/):
- Will contain color pages
- First of many oneshots, totaling up to 144 pages! (so 3-4 oneshots)
- The story will be centered around Yoh Asakura leaving his hometown of Izumo heading to Tokyo for the first time and helping a dead child spirit pass on.
- #マンキン is a Trending Topic in Twitter
- Big project... is leaning towards Anime in March 2012.

I'm really excited for this project. With the new Remix Tracks being released every 2 weeks was a great start. Now a new oneshot (followed by more oneshots!) is even better. If it's like Jumbor, it could lead into a full monthly series as well. And as long as Takei can do it, I don't see it as a problem.

Also, just to let you know, Mankin-Trad (http://www.mankin-trad.net/)will continue to scanlate Shaman King, including this oneshot. (And SK stuff tends to be highest on our list)

Ush
September 25, 2011, 12:07 AM
Is this a prequel to the events of Shaman King or a sequel? I'm leaning towards prequel..?

I guess that whole Shaman King Flowers thing is just gonna stay as a one shot huh, since it was far too similar to what the original had done. This is nice to see though.

Hangedman
November 10, 2011, 01:01 PM
Jump X chapter chinese scan here (http://thenamelessteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=48644881)

mak123
November 10, 2011, 05:06 PM
Nothing special IMHO. I just like the part when Yoh hurts the guy :(

Hangedman
December 30, 2011, 07:00 PM
the one shot is out on mangastream, nice but nothing special

Son-Derling
April 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
So it seems Shaman King Flowers really is the new series and no One Shot.

Skyguardian
April 29, 2012, 09:05 PM
So it seems Shaman King Flowers really is the new series and no One Shot.

Seems like I have to read the original after all... There goes my free time.

Koen
April 30, 2012, 08:18 AM
Okay I added (Flowers) in it since it is a shaman king thread, we can discuss the newest instalment over here.

It is a new serialization indeed and it looks like it will probably build on shaman king. I would definitely read shaman king because you get to know some characters. Anyway, the first chapter was cool and the story is promising but as a shaman king fan, I might be biased :)

Negative Syndicate
April 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
It is a new serialization indeed and it looks like it will probably build on shaman king.

It is a direct sequal of Shaman King; I already post that information pretty long time ago.

Koen
April 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
It is a direct sequal of Shaman King; I already post that information pretty long time ago.

Of course, I know it is a direct sequel but I am just wondering how much the original story will be involved. You can have sequels which you can follow, even though you haven't read the prequel, hence why I made the comment:

"It is a new serialization indeed and it looks like it will probably build on shaman king. I would definitely read shaman king because you get to know some characters."

It's all a matter of how much the original story will be integrated

The first chapter gave me an impression that Shaman King's story might be involved more in SK Flowers than I originally thought

kkck
April 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
Nice chapter although I am mildly disappointed in that we did not get to see hana fighting anna the third lol, I expected this chapter to be a continuation of the previous one shot. I guess the plot seems ok so far, a branch of the asakura are likely to be interesting to see here. I wonder how distant they would be to hana and yoh though.... They could be cousins as easily as they could be 30 generations apart. I want men to appear soon though. Ren was my favorite character in the previous manga so seeing men kicking ass with a divine class spirit will be awesome. I wonder if the 5 warriors kept the 5 elemental spirits. Ichigo no longer has amidamaru so perhaps he did keep the spirit of earth. I wonder if the 5 warriors reached divine class power too, it shouldn't be too unrealistic for them to reach 500000 power.

Sai_the_Shaman
April 30, 2012, 04:05 PM
As a long long long time Shaman King fan I am overjoyed by this sequel. The Art is as great as ever (Takei's really stepped up his game since the orignal run before the KZB finish).

From just the first chapter I can't wait to see the development of this new story and how it will play out. I really wonder how God Hao will also come into play in all this...I mean, these are his direct descendants fighting right now.

Really can't wait to see Tao Men come back into the story...was kind of surprised he wasn't at least cameoed in the first chapter since he's supposed to be living at Funbari onsen. I really wonder with Men actually. He seems to weild both Shamash and Bason. Can he make a combined O.S. like Jaguarman yet? It would probably be insanely powerful given that Shamash is a Kami class spirit.

As for the comment about the 5 Elemental spirits, I'm pretty sure they were left back with the Patch at the end of the original. Amidamaru should still only be a Seirei class spirit (along with Bason). I don't remember if Tokagerou had evolved or not yet.

kkck
April 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
I think tokagerou did evolve. Wasn't that the whole point of the yamata no orochi thingy he had going on? I don't think there is anywhere else amidamaru could evolve into though. Aren't god class spirits simply spirits with a lot of reikoryu? I might be wrong about that though.

I wonder if this chapter takes place before the original one shot though. I am guessing once this part is over we will have the one shot retold.... I don't think the original main characters will have a huge part in the manga though, I think we will feel their influence throughout the manga but not actually see them play huge roles. Their story was already told in that regard, it is time for the others to shine. I think we will see things like with horohoro in the original one shot plenty though. I do admit I want to see what kinda oversouls the original gang developed since the original manga though. Yoh and ren don't seem to be using amidamaru or bason and I doubt they would remain spiritless shamans. Tamao had the tengu guy in the original one shot so it is unlikely yoh will have him. Perhaps yoken became a serei class spirit? He was a strong shaman so perhaps he would make a strong spirit. Yoh does not seem to have his rock sword thingy either as the one shot showed hana with it so it is likely yoh is not even using the original medium he had. Perhaps red took the spirits of his ancestors as his spirits though, that would be an interesting twist(well, not a twist but still interesting). I doubt horohoro would ever give up kororo, there is a deep relationship going on there. It is plausible chocolove took a student but I guess it would be a tad soon for that as he is still in his 20s. I don't quite get the impression pascal would remain with him after hao was defeated, wasn't his goal just that? Lyserg is likely to keep both his spirits though, both have special meaning to him. Still, I have to admit I am most curious about you at this point as he is the only one that would be without his original medium and spirits at this point.

Rikudou King
April 30, 2012, 09:22 PM
A pretty good beginning chapter, somewhat better paced then the one-shot for obvious reasons. Really like the throwback to the original first chapter and loving Hana's personality. Interested to see what these branch house Asakura's are panning and why they're coming out now. Judging by the mention of them being spread out to many other places, it's possible they attacking the other Elemental Warriors.

Sai_the_Shaman
May 01, 2012, 12:44 AM
Well in terms of Yoh being a spiritless shaman I do think he may just be that. I mean if you take a look back at the beginning chapters, Yoh would often just use local spirits around him to solve issues in the immediate vicinity. With the Shaman Fight being over, there isn't much use for having an O.S. while traveling the world trying to make it a better place. I imagine him just having Anna call in a spirit for him to use to solve problems from place to place and making friends with various local ghosts because that's the type of guy he is.

As for Ren, he more than likely inherited his father's spirits of their dead ancestors, which is why Men inherited Bason.

As for Kami-class spirits, I don't think it's ever been mentioned if a seirei can evolve into this class. It isn't just about reiryoku, it's also about the disposition of the spirit. Human spirits were said to make poor oversouls because of their egos impacting the Oversoul. When they become Seirei-class after hundreds of years of purification they can relinquish their individual egos and fully give in to the wills of the Shamans or something. This also increases their reiryoku, but that itself isn't the main factor of their evolution.

For the time being I don't think it's possible since pretty much all the Kami class are actual ancient 'gods and deities'.

kkck
May 01, 2012, 01:38 AM
Well, I do recall something about the ego of humans interfering with the oversoul but I don't think being a seirei spirit has anything to do with how a spirit gives his power to a shaman. Being a seirei is a condition of a given spirit which is independent of a shaman after all. If serei spirits could not evolve into kami class spirits then they would have never been humans or animals though. Granted, the 5 elemental spirits were born as such within the great spirit however if I recall that was a special condition of them. If the spirits don't come form animal or human souls then I really don't see where they could come from. In this regard, even kami class spirits (except the 5 elemental ones) must have been human spirits at some point which evolved. Still, the distinction between an ordinary spirit and a kami class one does not seem to be anything but power for the most part.

As for ichigo not having a spirit at all... I don't think that is possible. He wouldn't even be a proper shaman without a spirit(when amidamaru joined him he actually pointed out that now he was a proper shaman). Its not like random spirits would be that useful to him either. He could pull of a 100% possession however if he tried an oversoul it would never be anything exceptional. It would be something about as improvised as his original oversoul. The fact that he would not have a proper medium for it would simply add up to him not being able to use a proper oversoul for that matter. I wonder if he could have taken mikihisa's spirits... I think those were with tamao though.

Sai_the_Shaman
May 01, 2012, 10:09 AM
My point on Yoh not having a spirit on hand is that he doesn't need one at the moment. From our understanding, he'[s off traveling the world trying to make it a better place in order to keep his promise to Hao. He's not having regular Shaman battles and there's probably not even a reason for him to. If worst ever really came to worst for him, he has Anna with him who has Hao's Oni servants and the ability to call forth spirits from anywhere. She could even technically call Amidamaru away if need be. I think it's quite feasible that Yoh wouldn't need to have a mochirei with him at all times simply because he wouldn't need one. What would be the point of him using an O.S. in daily life? Really the most he would need is a basic Hyoi Gattai (not even the 100% one) so that he can take on the abilities of other ghosts.

Though if you want another possibility of a mochirei he could be using, maybe it's the spirit of Yohken, his ancestor who origianlly defeated Hao with Matamune.

In terms of spirit evolution though, just doing some rereading and determining the different Kami classes we currently know, we have:

Great Spirit
5 Elemntal Spirits
All of Team Ghandara's spirits (Buddhas and Bodhistavas)
Shamash (A Babylonian god)
Dai Tengu (Supernatural nature spirit)
Big chief (The original chief of the Patch) <-this one is unconfirmed, but assumed

So I think, I'll grant it's possible to have Amidamaru and Bason both eventually upgrade to Kami class spirits, but it seems still way too early for them as they both have just barely been upgraded to seirei class spirits.

If you take a look at the possible former human Kami class spirits:
- The buddha's were humans with such high spirituality they achieved enlightenment and Nirvana in their own human lives, essentially becoming living deities beforehand.
- Big Chief is as old as the Shaman fight tournament itself and has surpassed being just a mere human and turned into a native american thunderbird

Also wikia at least shows the differences between the various classes:
Normal Spirits (human, animal and plant): Just the normal spirits of the formerly living.

Seirei Class: the classification for spirits who have existed for 500 years or more and whose souls have shed their physical attachment to achieve their purest form. Sacred--or 'higher'--spirits are more appropriately ghosts who have ascended beyond their ego, enabling them to assume any form or shape freely. After this "ascending", the spirit does not have to become stronger since this is the highest form of power. Only the shaman has to train and grow stronger. This also includes nature spirits like Morphine and Kororo

Kami Class: The classification of the most powerful ghosts. These ghosts have near bottomless power and can grow stronger by eating other ghosts. The problem is that these ghosts require a lot of furyoku to keep themselves going. The shaman who controls one of these must be incredibly strong and be extremely cautious around them since they will eat any ghost that comes their way.

kkck
May 02, 2012, 11:48 AM
I don't think your logic about you not having a spirit works all that well. For one thing, you is only a shaman. As far as we know he did not finish high school meaning he has no education or skills other than being a shaman. Basically, the only way he could plausible help anyone is somehow through his shaman abilities as even simple things such as basic math, language skills, science 101 and a number of other things would be completely foreign concepts to him. Yoh is by all intents and purposes an ignorant goon whose only skills lie on his ability to use a spirit to channel his power. Of course, he could do things which don't require an actual education and require all the muscle he developed during his years such as being a construction worker, a janitor (he only has to remember there is such a thing as the rough side of the sponge), a gardener, a policeman or a fireman (the last 2 might require high school education though). I guess Yoh is also perfectly qualified to be a hobo (overly qualified perhaps)... Ultimately, what could he possibly do as a shaman (which is his only actual skill outside of lacking actual skills) without a spirit? Nothing he can do as a normal human without an education will ever help him in any way to change the world (not saying menial labor does not fulfill an important role in society, just that those jobs aren't the ones that are going to save the world from human stupidity or the wrath of god). The worst part would be that on top of Yoh hypothetically being the very definition of useless hobo hippie in this case (ignorant uneducated shaman with no real world skills or a spirit to use the only thing resembling a skill) he would also end up relying on anna to do the shamaning and whatnot(not because she is more intelligent or less ignorant -she is just as useless in the real world as yoh- but because for some reason she kept a spirit).

I did mention the tengu guy yoken used as a possibility but there is also this detail
http://mangafox.me/manga/shaman_king_flowers/v01/c001/23.html
At least in the one shot it was tamao who was using this guy. Yoken was an ascetic monk like mokihisa and tamao was trained as an ascetic monk or whatnot too, it makes way more sense for her to have this guy.

As for the definition, they still don't point towards a tangible difference between serei and kami class spirits. We see a tangible difference between human and serei, serei spirits let go of their ego to actually evolve into something else. On the other hand, it just seems kami class spirits are powerful serei spirits. Not sure if all kami class spirits can or have to eat other spirits though, if I recall only the SOF had to do that to keep himself strong and stronger. Shamash or the buddahs were never seen doing that or implied to do it at least.

I always wondered how exactly furyoku and reiyoku (forgot the spelling) would relate though. Does the amount of furyoku one has in life determine the amount of reiyoku one has in death? At least pascal was a reasonably powerful shamnan apparently so perhaps this influenced the 110000 reiyoku he had at his disposal. I mean, if we are talking about spiritual power, would it make sense for someone to lose it as an actual spirit?

-Ken-
May 02, 2012, 09:35 PM
I kind of confused... Should I take it that the event in the oneshot is event that already occur or event that will happen in the future or alternative dimension?

Rikudou King
May 03, 2012, 12:36 AM
I kind of confused... Should I take it that the event in the oneshot is event that already occur or event that will happen in the future or alternative dimension? I believe like most one-shots, you're suppose to presume that it's a separate canon then the regular series.

kkck
May 03, 2012, 03:08 PM
I pretty much agree. Considering how long ago the one shot was released, it wouldn't make sense for them to continue serialization of it considering very few would actually understand what is going on. Its kinda like the manga got rebooted after the first chapter lol. I do expect that various things from the one shot are going to be shown again later on though. I expect hao to meet hana and hana to get a wife by beating the shit out of her.

Negative Syndicate
May 04, 2012, 03:55 PM
Isn't this thread should move to seinen forum since SK Flowers is serializing in seinen magazine?

Sai_the_Shaman
May 04, 2012, 04:03 PM
Regardless of it being in a Seinen Magazine, I think since Shaman King is classiclally Shounen and even this manga right now is still very Shounen in plot and flair, it shall remain in Shounen for the time being. I think most people would look here first before Seinen.

Negative Syndicate
May 04, 2012, 04:43 PM
Regardless of it being in a Seinen Magazine, I think since Shaman King is classiclally Shounen and even this manga right now is still very Shounen in plot and flair, it shall remain in Shounen for the time being. I think most people would look here first before Seinen.

It is difficult to consider that SK still has shonen-like plot and flair just based on chapter 1 and it may move toward seinen-like feel. Plus, we can announce that this thread has moved to seinen forum.

andysislands
May 05, 2012, 05:14 PM
Also, Jump X is trying not to pitch itself as a Seinen magazine. It's initial line-up sure makes it feel like one. There is suppose to be a "little bit of everything" feel to the magazine. So it's still could be considered Shonen at this point.

For those who haven't been following the spoilers/news for Shaman King in Jump X... expect some images/previews of chapter 2 on Monday. Normally the cover of the issue. My bet is going to be "Anna the Third" (or Annna if you want as well... Yes, Takei may pull that...).

Negative Syndicate
May 05, 2012, 08:12 PM
Also, Jump X is trying not to pitch itself as a Seinen magazine. It's initial line-up sure makes it feel like one. There is suppose to be a "little bit of everything" feel to the magazine. So it's still could be considered Shonen at this point.

Actually, Jump X is aimed for mature audience from the beginning; furthermore, Jump X is started as a special issue for Young Jump. Only shonen magazines in Shueisha are Shonen Jump, Jump Next!, Jump SQ, Jump SQ.19, Jump SQ.LaB, and Saikyo Jump.

Divinenega
May 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
Where are you all reading chapter 1 by the way? I can't find it anywhere.

Rikudou King
May 05, 2012, 08:38 PM
The first chapter is currently still up and readable on Mangastream.

andysislands
May 06, 2012, 09:47 AM
Actually, Jump X is aimed for mature audience from the beginning; furthermore, Jump X is started as a special issue for Young Jump. Only shonen magazines in Shueisha are Shonen Jump, Jump Next!, Jump SQ, Jump SQ.19, Jump SQ.LaB, and Saikyo Jump.
Oh, I thought they were going for the "Fill X in with the genres you are looking for" kind of thing. Meh, you learn things everyday.

And for where to read Shaman King Flowers... I highly recommend Mankin-Trad, which did the last part of the original series, the Kang Zeng Bang (KZB) editions, and all of the other spin-offs/extras too. Also, the original oneshot for Flowers was reposted by Mankin-Trad which was an extra in the latest issue (same as it was in the Mentalite).

Kaiten
May 06, 2012, 01:07 PM
Jump X is not a seinen magazine, it has no demographic, Shueisha has been very clear about that from the start. The original announcement described Jump X as a "pure manga magazine' — one that is not pigeonholed to any age range or gender." Jump X includes manga by artists with experience in Josei, Seinen, and Shounen. Because the magazine has no demographic, the manga contained within have no demographic. We have no interest in attempting to impose a demographic on Jump X when the publisher so clearly does not. Shaman King Flowers is clearly intended for all audiences, the Shaman King franchise is closely identified with the shounen demographic, and fans are most likely to search for a Shaman King thread in the shounen forum. Therefore it is best if the thread stays here, in the shounen forum.

Considering how many of the manga in Jump X were created by artists primarily associated with Josei, if we move Shaman King it will be to the Josei forum. Josei is also for older audiences, and some very prominent josei mangaka are serialized in Jump X, including the mangaka of Nodame Cantobile.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

There are also a considerable number of mangaka with experience drawing BL/Yaoi manga and doujin. If anyone still feels that the shounen forum is inappropriate for Shaman King I am also happy to move it to the Boys Love forum.

kkck
May 09, 2012, 12:17 PM
So, when exactly is this manga being released? Is it a saturday release or a wednesday release?

andysislands
May 09, 2012, 09:37 PM
A new chapter comes out in Japan every month, whenever the 10th of the month lands.

(X = 10... so... they are being cheeky about it)

kkck
May 10, 2012, 11:01 AM
Oh, so this manga is going to be a monthly release? That makes no sense to me lol, specially if we consider how short the first chapter was for a first chapter. Damn lol, I was expecting a chapter this saturday, what a letdown...

andysislands
May 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Chapter 2 Spoiler/Summery from Dit at Patch Cafe (http://www.patch-cafe.net) (Spin-off site from Mankin-Trad and Shaman King Nation which focuses on spoilers/previews/reviews/random fan stuff):

The chapter starts with Hana and Yohane facing each other. Hana makes fun of his eyepatch, of his clothes and even of his ghost. He also doesn’t believe Yohane’s last name is Asakura too.
(Takei, stop making jokes that can’t be translated I beg you)
Then Hana attacks and the two boys start fighting using the Hyoi Gattai (good old times!). Yohane hits Hana really hard in the stomach with his umbrella/sword. Amidamaru starts to worry about this “branch family” thing and points out that Yohane’s using one of Hao’s earrings. Thanks Amida, nobody had noticed!
This part’s pretty shocking …. Yohane says that someone picked it directly from Hao’s head in Mu and gave it to his family. Obviously only the finalist teams and the Patch were there, so… chan chan chaaan.
He then explains that he’s also one of Hao’s descendant and that his family’s always supported him, unlike the main Asakura house. Hana says that he has nothing to do with his family matters, apart from trying to overcome Yoh. More fighting, this time using the O.S. Hana’s is still called Oni Kabuto, but looks nothing like the one in the oneshot.
Meanwhile, Tamao and Ryu are trying to find Hana (Ryu’s motorcycle!! Long time no see!) Ryu tells her not to worry, because if they didn’t participate in the Shaman Fight it means that they’re not as strong as the main house.
And… Yohane bites the dust. Hana runs to call an ambulance and Luka promises to avenge her little brother and kill Hana herself (Ren/Jun anyone?) Btw, her guardian spirits are two wolves called Shinden and Raiden.
In the last page Amidamaru says that Yohane’s O.S.’s actually as strong as Yoh’s “Spirit of Sword” was.

More information can be found here as it's updated: http://www.patch-cafe.net/?p=793 Dit also does the translation for Mankin-Trad's releases... so very reliable!

Pictures will be up tomorrow from Dit as well!

And yes, it will be a monthly release. Chapters will be around 45 pages. However, since Takei is drawing 3 series, there may be times when we get a shorter chapter rather than Takei taking a month off. Those will be around 19 pages. He did that once for SKZ, and at least once for Jumbor.

Sai_the_Shaman
May 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
That summary sounds pretty awesome. I can't wait to read the chapter!

I do have to say...it's somewhat odd that Hana is so strong considering that he's kind of a slacker...maybe he has a lot more natural talent than Yoh ever did?

I'm a bit disappointed that the Branch House seems so terribly weak....I'm hoping the sister isn't fodder too....

and lol, Takei loves his Japanese only jokes..he had a bunch of those in Ultimo too...that was always a pain in the ass to translate.

kkck
May 15, 2012, 12:09 AM
Well, in the original one shot of the manga amidamaru stated that hana had far more potential than Yoh. According to amidamaru Hana had more talent, better physical qualities and better attitude for fighting. To boot he was already capable of using an armor style oversoul which is pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to oversouls. While that chapter would not be technically cannon, I do believe that it reflects most of what the characters currently are (so we should expect tamao to have the god class tengu spirit).

-Ken-
May 22, 2012, 10:21 AM
Chapter 2 is out.

I'm kind of confused what Amidamaru means at the end there. So does he just means that the kid full power is as strong as Yoh when he had Spirit of Sword?

Rikudou King
May 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
Yohane's OS is as powerful as the Spirit of Swords, but Yohane's weak body seems to have limited him. At least that's what I got.

Anyway, a pretty good chapter, even if it seem to go by a little fast. I'm really enjoying Hana's personality and I can't wait to see the sister fight.

masgrande
May 22, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hana's rotten personality makes him look more like a bad guy than Yohane-_-;.

kkck
May 22, 2012, 11:32 PM
Nice chapter to say the least. I do rather enjoy hana's personality though, its a good change from yoh's constantly neutral personality. I found it funny that he was so hellbent on going all out only to end up looking for an ambulance.

I do wonder a few things about hana's oversoul. The oversoul which was shown in the original one shot was clearly an armor style one similar to the last oversoul yoh himself had. Obviously the current one is far from looking similar but I do wonder if it is also an armor style oversoul. Or perhaps it is something similar to what horohoro had? Another aspect I found interesting is that hana's oni kabuto was able to change shapes. Yoh himself did two particular things in that regard. The first was when he actually altered the overall shape of his oversoul, in particular the first version and SOS. The second was with his armor style oversoul where he made it so that it would be segmented and rather than changing the shape he would merely reorder it. Anyways, the whole thing about yoh changing the shape of his oversoul is supposed to be in itself special as it is not something just anyone can do. Most people were surprised at such a thing and even yoh mentioned he gave that up with his final oversoul because imagining things which can change their shape is difficult. Ultimately yoh was able to do that because of his personality and way of thinking. He was instinctively flexible and calm and he was able to reflect that in his oversoul. What makes everything interesting is that hana seems to be a polar opposite to yoh in that regard. Yoh was calm and in control at all times however hana is far from that, if anything he is rash and wanting to fight desperately. How could it be that he developed such an oversoul with such a personality? In the original one shot it was mentioned hana had more talent than yoh in every regard, whether it was physical or spiritual so perhaps that explains why even with such a different personality he was able to do such an oversoul.

Another thing which I did not quite get was why it is such a big deal that yohane had that oversoul. Wouldn't it be a copied oversoul? More so, wasn't hana using an armor style one which would be better than a weapon style oversoul? Or perhaps it wasn't an armor style oversoul but even then it should be the strength of their spiritual energy which decides the fight. Perhaps there is merit in the fact that he was able to use that oversoul with an umbrella. An umbrella is unlikely to be a good medium for such an oversoul. I do wonder why yohane had such a weak body. Shaman training does usually include physical training and even more when training with a spirit which uses martial arts.

leiatte
May 25, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, I have read Shaman King: Flowers and Im wondering is this a monthly manga.

Barksrae
May 26, 2012, 05:57 AM
As mentioned earlier, this manga is monthly, and the magazine always comes out on the 10th. because X(10) is a way of writing Kai.

andysislands
May 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
But.. This month it's coming out on the 8th, since the 10th in on a Sunday.

In other Shaman King news... this month is Takei Festival! So here's the info collected from Patch-Cafe (http://www.patch-cafe.net/?p=840) (regarding Shaman King):

Shaman King will be on the cover of JumpX
Second printing of Shaman King Zero Volume 1 will be shipping on June 1st.
The Yoh figure will come out this fall before the end of the year (Nov/Dec). The price will be 8500 yen.
There will be some free gift/extra included with JumpX that is Takei-related

(There will some more stuff regarding Jumbor and Ultimo in topic as well... and as we find out more it will be updated)

Personally, they aren't promoting it as "there is a big announcement!" so don't get your hopes up that there will be a new anime. Oh I hope there is, and this Fall would be a great time to do it. And the figure coming out then... (and Vol 1 of SKF...). Maybe they will surprise us...

leiatte
May 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
(There will some more stuff regarding Jumbor and Ultimo in topic as well... and as we find out more it will be updated)

Personally, they aren't promoting it as "there is a big announcement!" so don't get your hopes up that there will be a new anime. Oh I hope there is, and this Fall would be a great time to do it. And the figure coming out then... (and Vol 1 of SKF...). Maybe they will surprise us...

I don't really think there needs to be a new anime, as the first 1 was great in my opinion, but I definitely want an Ultimo anime at some point, not now because Its monthly and I don't want a lot of filler, but I wish Ultimo would get more attention as well.

andysislands
May 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
I don't really think there needs to be a new anime, as the first 1 was great in my opinion, but I definitely want an Ultimo anime at some point, not now because Its monthly and I don't want a lot of filler, but I wish Ultimo would get more attention as well.

We may not need it, but Shueisha does. What do they have for their "long running shonen action" anime titles right now*? Naruto, One Piece, and Hunter x Hunter. Having Shaman King get a new anime would sure help buy some time for the rest of the manga series. It's better to animate something that's done, than start another manga series too early. They could bang out 52 episodes of material that was not included in the original anime series. It's basically from volume 17 to 32, then Kang Zeng Bang. Heck, with so many fight scenes towards the end of the series, they could easily expand those out to 24 episodes each.

Also, it's a bit more of my personal flavor... but I think Ultimo would work better in movie form than TV episodes. Each arc could work towards a movie better. Sure it would condense the plot down alot, but... I think that's ok. Though Shaman King should let it self run it's intended course, since that's hard to condense without losing alot.

(* Overarching generalizing statement, not a debate about what's airing right now)

Tame
May 28, 2012, 05:39 AM

I thought the first one was awful! XD I'd love a Shaman King remake, especially if it were done as well as the new Hunter x Hunter anime - since the manga's ended now anyway so no chance of an over-take, they could do it with little to no filler, they could make the pacing good and they wouldn't have to throw it pointless flashbacks to stuff that happened five minutes ago for the sake of padding. Plus if Mad House do it the animation would be awesome. Mind you, this is all just wishful thinking on my part. :P

As for Flowers so far, I'm enjoying it - I like that Hana isn't just a Yoh clone. He's actually got a very different personality that's all his own and that's great. I'd like to see him get his own guardian spirit, though, to further cement the difference between him and Yoh (much as I like Amidamaru). I also like seeing Ryu and Tamao (Ryu because he's just so damn awesome and Tamao because I like seeing how her character has developed). I also like not seeing Yoh and Anna (Yoh because he's kinda boring and Anna 'cause she's a biatch). Mind you, they're bound to turn up at some point, as will (hopefully) HoroHoro, Manta, Ren, Lyserg and Choco.

The antagonists being an off-shoot of the Asakura family doesn't surprise me - it just makes Shaman King that much more incestuous than it is already! :P

kkck
June 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
So, when is the next chapter due? I thought we would have it by now. Hopefully either men or anna the third get introduced this time around. I am really hoping for the two of them two fight as they would have if the original one shot had continue.

andysislands
June 18, 2012, 06:08 PM
Chugging away at it. It a little bit of a problem getting the raw, so that set us back a few days. Working on it right now. Not sure when it will be done, but I'm through the "hard parts."

Full summery of the chapter is up on Patch Cafe if you want the spoilers.

kkck
June 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
SO how is the chapter going? Any news?

Tame
June 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
It's up on Mangareader. Thank you, Mankin Trad!

http://www.mangareader.net/shaman-king-flowers/3

A bit slower-paced this week, I felt. I feel sorry for Ryu, having to live with all those women.

Cinnabar
July 01, 2012, 05:50 AM
So I'm kinda confused. And lost. Would anyone mind clarifying some things for me? I'm sorry if I seem ignorant here.

This is the official Shaman King thread, yeah? Is there a separate thread for SK Zero by any chance or did I just miss it somehow?

So the chronological order for the story seems to be SK Zero > Shaman King/SK KZB > SK Flowers. So what is this Remix Track I've heard about?

andysislands
July 01, 2012, 08:40 PM
The "Remix Tracks (http://www.mankin-trad.net/shaman-king/remix-track/)" are 16 short stories that don't really connect to the official Shaman King storytime. They sort of do the same thing as all the other couple page shorts thrown around Shaman King. (Like the Funbari Poem shorts, or the Tamao-Cupid shorts)

So if you want some more Takei-jokes they are a nice quick read, but you aren't missing out on plot elements.

(And there really wasn't much Zero discussion, the chapters we kinda "meh" so Mankin-Trad also put them on the back burner for a little bit. The rest of them will get released at some point. Probably chapter 3 later this month. And the extra from Volume 1 will get done too.)

kkck
July 01, 2012, 11:48 PM
Well, the chapter was interesting although I did feel it was a bit slow too.

To be completely honest I want to see ryu and tamao get in a fight. Ryu would have hypothetically grown stronger since the original manga and his oversoul must be quite something nowadays. I don't think he is necessarily old enough to have reached his limit either. I wonder if it is possible for him to have reached divine levels of spirit energy. Tamao supposedly mastered astetic arts or something and in the original one shot had a divine class spirit although it does not seem like she would actually need a matching amount of spirit energy to use that spirit. Yoken used it with a measly 55000 after all. She was next in line to be the wife of yoh so she should be quite something.

As for the waitresses of the inn, I feel their characters are a bit wasted. I mean, it makes sense that they would end up that way considering they were witches with no real world skills however it seems like they haven't done anything in 13 years since they were resurrected by hao and they are not trying to do anything either. I do wonder what their oversouls would look like nowadays, they all had a respectable amount of spirit energy before so it should be quite something if they cared to develop it.

Hana... is definitely his mother's son. Cheap, rash, angry and relentless. I guess his personality traits will be a plot point in the future, he will probably learn to be more relaxed as his dad. Of course, if he does learn that it will be enough to vastly surpass his father.

I guess the most interesting part of the chapter was luka's flashback. The previous head of the house was strange to say the least. He seems to have a weird body, it seems cracked. It didn't quite seem like an oversoul but it did not seem like a human body. Perhaps they experimented on themselves? I am interested in the overwhelming amount of furyoku though. What would that be? So far the highest number we have seen is hao, with 1250000 and then a few other divine level shamans and then the rest. In general, overwhelming would fall into the divine category however if they had such power they would have kicked ass in the last shaman fight. Perhaps weak bodies run in their family however such spirit energy cannot really be ignored either.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I wonder if their power is related to being a yorishiro though. I read a bit about it and it seems like a yorishiro is an object which houses a god. Now, if we take this to the extreme it would actually explain pretty damn perfectly what we have seen. In the original manga things like dying, hell training and seeing the great spirit was enough to raise your power. If this guy is a yorishiro though then he would actually have the great spirit within him which should be a much greater level of closeness to it. It would perhaps explain the broken body and most importantly the spirit power they claim to have.

On another note, the part about yohane looking sad kinda reminded me of ren. Isn't it a similar situation? Yohane is basically being forced to fight for his family now.

I really want men to have appear although it does not seem like it will happen next chapter. I want to see anna the third two (and perhaps anna the second for that matter).

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

On another note, hana should not be in any danger. Ryu is an accomplished shaman with the strongest kind of oversoul, tamao seems to be in control of a divine class spirit and the waitresses seem pretty strong too. I doubt luka will accomplish much here.

Cinnabar
July 02, 2012, 02:44 AM
The "Remix Tracks (http://www.mankin-trad.net/shaman-king/remix-track/)" are 16 short stories that don't really connect to the official Shaman King storytime.

(snip)

(And there really wasn't much Zero discussion, the chapters we kinda "meh" so Mankin-Trad also put them on the back burner for a little bit. The rest of them will get released at some point. Probably chapter 3 later this month. And the extra from Volume 1 will get done too.)

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info! I thought the Zero oneshots were nice in terms of art and storytelling. It's a bit more introspective though. Maybe I just like pondering on human nature too much. But hey, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't mind waiting.

Hana... is definitely his mother's son. Cheap, rash, angry and relentless. I guess his personality traits will be a plot point in the future, he will probably learn to be more relaxed as his dad. Of course, if he does learn that it will be enough to vastly surpass his father.

I'm interested in seeing how Hana will deal with his dad complex. I wasn't sure how Takei was going to write Flowers since the Shaman Fight is over, but having people fight over the Asakura heir/name/clan/bloodline/whatever sounds interesting. I wonder who took the earring. Opacho, maybe? All I know is that the other earring is with Yoh.

Tame
July 02, 2012, 02:56 AM
Shaman King 0 was the series of flashbacks, right? I thought they were pretty cool and they got me nice and excited in anticipation of Flowers. They weren't mind-blowing or anything, I just liked reading more about the charactrs. Horo Horo's was far and away my favourite. I might be biased since he's also my favourite character, but I do think his story is the one that added most to the character it centred around.

Cinnabar
July 02, 2012, 08:16 AM
Horo Horo and Yoh had the best chapters, I think. Yes, they weren't mind blowing, but I do like the symbolisms in them. Maybe I've been watching uberhikari's analysis of the chapters in YouTube too much. His analyses could seem a bit too much for some, but I'm being hit by nostalgia so hard that I don't really care. :derp

RaveDragon
July 02, 2012, 08:18 AM
Horo Horo and Yoh had the best chapters, I think. Yes, they weren't mind blowing, but I do like the symbolisms in them. Maybe I've been watching uberhikari's analysis of the chapters in YouTube too much. His analyses could seem a bit too much for some, but I'm being hit by nostalgia so hard that I don't really care. :derp

I agree i totally loved those chapters =] i wished they showed some other characters though like Anna maybe

andysislands
July 09, 2012, 05:40 PM
Shaman King Flowers Chapter 4 Spoilers (with pics) (http://www.patch-cafe.net/?p=978) via Patch-Cafe (http://www.patch-cafe.net/)

As I mentioned in the write-up... It's much more "Ultimo-style" than "Jumbor-style." But it's just a little slower than Ultimo, which I think is for the best. I feel that it's a good improvement over chapter 3 since we bring back in the action without dropping it.

It's a good read and I look forward to working on the scanlation shortly! (though... I don't like the number of double page spreads... but I think it should still be ok!)

Rikudou King
July 09, 2012, 10:01 PM
Looks like it's gonna be a good chapter. I was anxious for went exactly she was gonna make an appearance.

kkck
July 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
It seems like it is going to be a nice chapter. I did not quite expect anna to show up like that. It seems she has taken her dad's spirits meaning that at a young age she has a multiple spirit armor oversoul of several parts. Quite remarkable to say the least. Funny how she showed up just as hana was looking for a girl who liked him, nice twist lol.

Thinking about it, hana and yohane are actually bound to fight for anna. Anna is supposed to marry the heir of the asakura household and yohane is basically trying to take over that. Good stuff.