PDA

View Full Version : Seinen Chobits by CLAMP

Verena
June 04, 2006, 10:15 PM
This is seinen, right? O.o

CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! :eyeroll

CLAMP are pure genious and Chobits has got to be one of their best.

So, whacha think?

The Boff
June 04, 2006, 11:31 PM
though i would like to have a persocom (would make my life so much easier!)
i didnt like this series that much.. cant really put my finger on it but it didnt sit well with me,
hey you cant like everything right?

Tamerlane
June 04, 2006, 11:35 PM
Actually I think that this series falls more under the Shoujo Manga since it is more aimed at a female audience.

Miso made a nice thread explaining Seinen manga here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1250.0

Then here is the other one explaining a Shoujo manga as well: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1263.0

So I will move this over to the correct area. ^___^;;;;

Verena
June 04, 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, okies. I did read that before hand, and I thought it was a little too adult for shoujo and CLAMP did originally write it to be more male-orientated. Ah well.

Boffen: Everyone has thier own opinion, I thoguth it was the message and concept of the series was what sold it to me.

Tamerlane
June 05, 2006, 12:08 AM
Well that and Clamp is a mainly a Shoujo group and they were the ones that made this series. Though I agree that there were parts that were male orientated....still struck me as more for girls. :amuse

i didnt like this series that much.. cant really put my finger on it but it didnt sit well with me,
hey you cant like everything right?

I have actually watched this series....and I am kind of with Boffen that there was something about it that kept me from really getting into it. On the other hand though I have met a lot of people that loved it. ^___^;;;;

Verena
June 05, 2006, 12:24 AM
Ah well, I guess it's just difference of opinion ^.^

Hmm... I think the anime doesn't do the manga justice. The manga's far more to the point and easier to digest.

white silver
June 05, 2006, 03:25 AM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]I've only watched the first few episodes of Chobits and I really kinda like it! The only problem there is that almost EVERY girl is so DAMN cute! :tem

Kusachu
June 05, 2006, 09:42 AM
Ah haha! I seen the whole anime series, but haven't gotten around to reading the manga yet. I love the panty episode. XD It's very cute. for sure.

Yachiru
June 30, 2006, 01:26 PM
I've only watched the anime, and it was only so-so, so I don't really want to read the manga. It was a decent series, I guess.

Sumomo is my favorite character though. ^^

siegfried
June 30, 2006, 03:13 PM
I have read the manga.it was very good.but the ending was too cruel for hideki. :darn

Tr14d
July 31, 2006, 12:25 PM
Chobits has 2 b 1 of the funniest manga ever, it kicks ass

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 04:39 AM
persocoms are computers right?

heh! i'd like something like Momo! handy little tyke. and you can even browse the net and she'll tell you the results.

Woofie
October 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
Chobits is seinen, it was published in Young Magazine, which is most definitely aimed at males. :p

But I think Chobits is by far CLAMP's best attempt at shounen/seinen, mostly for the reason that it still has so much shoujo influence in there (it's easy to see why people would think it was shoujo). Although it's quite fanservicey, it's very prettily drawn and deals much more with emotions than most other series of that kind, which is what makes it so great. The last couple of volumes brought me close to tears. xD

So ye, Chobits is very good. I still think a few of their actual shoujo series are better though... Sakura and Tokyo Babylon are anyway, and maybe X. (Ah, the good old days when CLAMP did good stuff... >_>;.)

eni
October 16, 2006, 06:23 PM
Oh, I missed this thread :blink

Chobits is seinen, it was published in Young Magazine, which is most definitely aimed at males. :p

Agreed.

Unlike most CLAMP stories, Chobits is a seinen series, specifically of the magical girlfriend variety.

A magical girlfriend (魔法彼女, mahou kanojo) is a bishōjo character often associated with romantic comedy anime series [ ... ] They feature more heavily in seinen than shōnen stories. This character is not to be confused with the magical girl, which is a distinct concept—the two genres rarely, if ever, overlap.

List of seinen manga
[ ... ]
* Chobits, creator(s): CLAMP, serialized in: Young Magazine.

:)

bax
December 01, 2006, 04:23 PM
Moved this into Seinen Manga

trikelandie
August 27, 2007, 09:49 PM
i do not really like chi... she sometimes really pisses me off

especially when SHE SAYS CHI!!!

KyleUchiha
November 06, 2007, 03:21 PM
Although I tend to read the more action oriented manga, this is really good. I was a little skeptical about picking this up but I finally pushed myself into reading and enjoyed myself very much. Its a very interesting manga.

Though I do wonder, if they are advance enough to create androids, why aren't they more advance in other ways as well?

Tsubasaholic
February 09, 2009, 12:38 AM
I really liked Chobits. (I'm a big CLAMP fan. :)) It was really interesting and the ending was so sweet! I'm such a sucker for happy endings. And I really love the way that in Chobits there are so many couples that are quite unusual that are still portrayed as being really wonderful and sweet.

And it does seem funny that they're not really that advanced in other ways, eh? I suppose because it was basically one inventor working in quite a specific area that they're so advanced in only that respect. Or maybe they have other advanced technology that we just don't get to see in Chobits?

L0ki
July 16, 2009, 12:51 PM
I don't like CLAMP in general (dropped all their series shortly after starting to read them), but I actually finished this one. The point of this story has been used and reused before (and in better ways), but the artwork is nice and the story itself isn't that bad either.