PDA

View Full Version : Logia Weaknesses

Freakzin
January 08, 2008, 04:22 PM
So Crocodile Logia DF sand weakness was water. Enel was anything that didn't conduct electricity. So how about we try and especulate the weakness of other known DF (Light as in opposed to darkness and earth as in a known element). when i mean weakness i mean what is it you need to rub on your body or cover yourself with it to get a clean hit at a logia, of course kairoseki doesn't count...

So as i know of we already got
Ace - FIRE = ????
Ao Kiji - ICE = ????
Blackbeard - DARKNESS = ????
Smoker - SMOKE = ????
Crocodile - SAND = Water
Enel - ELETRICITY = Non-Conductors
Dragon ( assuming he is logia.) - WIND/STORM/WEATHER = ????
Honey Queen (Second Movie) - LIQUID = ????
???? - LIGHT = ????
???? - EARTH = ????
???? - ????? = ????? = / I'm out....

Gasparde from the Fourth Movie ate the Ame Ame no Mi like a candy/bubble gum DF. My question: is he Logia or Paramecia, cause on Wiki says he is Logia and in some websites says his Paramecia.

This thread is specifically for the purpose of the ???? speculation. Otherwise it would lead to a whole lot of possible discussions and i feel that it's easier to discuss specific issues.

Organizized
January 08, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure every Logia users powers can be cancelled by rubbing something on their bodies, but there might be other ways to make them unable to use it. For example, it would be logical for Ace to be able to beat Aokiji really, however when broken to pieces Aokiji could simply reform. If he can do that even with the melted ice, then I suppose it would get a bit more difficult since having his ice destroyed doesn't really seem to hurt him.

Come to think about it, it's been proven that different Logia users can defeat each other without any cancellations (referring to the Ace - BB fight).

Neuroff
January 08, 2008, 06:28 PM
Blackbeard IS cancellation. How does that prove that?

Absolutio
January 08, 2008, 07:59 PM
Ace vs. Smoker would be more likely, since Ace seemed to prove to smoker that a fight with him would be pointless (fire MAKES smoke.. :s ).
Anyways, I assume that every logia fruit can be beaten by pouring sea water on your body parts, and hitting him. Same way that Luffy did against crocodile with normal water, but with sea water.
And Ace weakness is - water?
Ao Kiji's - Heat? (fire?).

And the candy/syrup man is a logia fruit.

Organizized
January 09, 2008, 08:50 AM
Blackbeard IS cancellation. How does that prove that?

Sorry, you're right. What I meant was that you don't HAVE to use the anti-element of someone's logia power to beat them (I know water isn't really anti-sand but, you get the point). Even without a cancellation power like Blackbeard's I think, with enough speed, you could land a hit on the body before it turns into the element, since this is controlled by the user if I am not mistaken.

sharingan_kakashi
January 09, 2008, 08:21 PM
what about Mr. 3 the candle guy. Is his ability not logia? im still a little unclear about the different types. I dont recall reading anything about it in the manga.

Impel Down
January 09, 2008, 10:19 PM
Mr. 3 is not logia. He can just create and manipulate wax, but he himself could not become wax. And BB's pretty much, well, he can get physically hurt so he doesn't really need an anti-darkness attack. Maybe they could just cast Magic Missile at him.

For Ao Kiji, probably heat eventhough it would melt and re-freeze, and Ace's weakness is probably just water, JUST LIKE CALIFA AND CROCODILE.

As for Smoker, he said he couldn't become smoke when it's windy out.

Oblivion
January 10, 2008, 04:04 AM
Maybe they could just cast Magic Missile at him.

ace threw fire crossmissiles and what not but BB could still stand.
so he might be able to take more hits then ususal for a 'normal' body

Impel Down
January 10, 2008, 09:42 PM
ace threw fire crossmissiles and what not but BB could still stand.

It was a joke. "Cast magic missile into the darkness" is a really old joke, sorry if you didn't get that I was trying to get that across.

And he can just take more hits because he's tough and manly and can endure the pain, but as far as physical damage, that stuff doesn't seem to really take any affect on him.

Oblivion
January 11, 2008, 12:11 PM
It was a joke. "Cast magic missile into the darkness" is a really old joke, sorry if you didn't get that I was trying to get that across.

oh i didnt know about that joke, just looked it up. i guess if i had known it, i would have figured it out.

weixiaobao
January 12, 2008, 08:58 PM
Ace - FIRE = ????
maybe rainy days will weaken his power, and really stormy day will made his sick (flu) since he doesn't have a shirt..

Ao Kiji - ICE = ????
volcano , i wonder if Aokiji can move in a frozen status??... if he fight in a really freezing temperature... hmmm can't really said the outcome..

Blackbeard - DARKNESS = ????
no weakness, but his power just mostly negation so who have the stronger physical strength win

Smoker - SMOKE = ????
vacuum, wind

Absolutio
January 12, 2008, 09:15 PM
maybe smoker's weakness might even be sand, since when you want to turn off a fire without leaving any smoke, you turn it off with sand. O_o

weixiaobao
January 12, 2008, 10:02 PM
oh for Ace... maybe baking soda ??? :rofl

Absulutio- did u try that ???

Absolutio
January 13, 2008, 06:16 AM
Won't I end up, umm, dead? Trying that..
I'll let you try it first weixiaobao!

kazuma_uzumaki
January 14, 2008, 12:17 AM
maybe smoker's is like extreme wind or something

Imitorar
January 14, 2008, 12:39 AM
No way, Smoker's isn't a wind type, he's SAID it was a smoke producing Logia, and it's called the Moku Moku no Mi, and kemuri is smoke, so if you reverse "kemu" you get "Muke", which sounds like "Moku". That pun won't work for wind. Also, Smoker's NAME has "smoke" in it, so it's definite that he's a smoke type Logia. And Smoker being wind somehow would just make him harder to fight, because then he wouldn't be weak at least against Ace.

Neuroff
January 14, 2008, 12:52 AM
They're saying his weakness could be wind, not that his power is wind.

Oblivion
January 14, 2008, 11:20 AM
Its that if he forms into smoke in windy situation he'll be blown away.

Impel Down
January 15, 2008, 07:02 PM
Well, he said he shouldn't turn into smoke on a windy day, so it might be that he can't control his body formation, thus wouldn't be able to attack or move or put his body back in place. So, he wouldn't be hittable, but he also probably couldn't do anything.

Superman
February 14, 2008, 05:45 PM
maybe when you claws smokers zigarettes maybe they are the source of his tranforming but it sounds too weird

Imitorar
February 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
They... can't be. Otherwise it wouldn't be a Logia fruit. There's never been a power in One Piece that came from some special object, except for Devil Fruits.

MDLatqp
February 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
No way, Smoker's isn't a wind type, he's SAID it was a smoke producing Logia, and it's called the Moku Moku no Mi, and kemuri is smoke, so if you reverse "kemu" you get "Muke", which sounds like "Moku". That pun won't work for wind. Also, Smoker's NAME has "smoke" in it, so it's definite that he's a smoke type Logia. And Smoker being wind somehow would just make him harder to fight, because then he wouldn't be weak at least against Ace.

quick note: I always thought the pun for smoker's fruit was a reversal of kumo, the word for cloud, and not sounding like muke, a reversal of a part of kemuri.

Imitorar
February 17, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hm, I wasn't aware of that. That probably was the pun, then. Either way, his name still proves that he's a smoke type.

MDLatqp
February 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hm, I wasn't aware of that. That probably was the pun, then. Either way, his name still proves that he's a smoke type.

Oh absolutely; completely agree. I didn't have anything to add to the discussion, so I thought I'd toss in some useless trivia :p

MrTeatime
February 28, 2008, 12:05 PM
Well, he said he shouldn't turn into smoke on a windy day, so it might be that he can't control his body formation, thus wouldn't be able to attack or move or put his body back in place. So, he wouldn't be hittable, but he also probably couldn't do anything.

Sure he would, if he cant transform beacuse its windy smoke is separated and ultimately destroyed(in a sense). Therefore he would not be able to transform any part of his body without losing it.....therefore he's hittable in a storm.

Freakzin
March 01, 2008, 01:53 PM
nami vs smoker
dragon vs smoker.
they could have the advantage then.
[hr]
nami vs smoker
dragon vs smoker.
they could have the advantage then.

lordHokage
March 05, 2008, 05:28 PM
I am quite sure that all the Logia Fruits have many unknown elemental weaknesses.

If Blackbeard's aka Marshall D. Teach's Yami Yami no Mi aka Dark Dark Fruit can absorbed physical matter and attacks and redirect it back at others, either by sucking it into a dark mist which spreads from him, or into his opponents body. Although Blackbeard takes hits like anyone else, he has the unique ability to nullify the powers of other Devil Fruit users by simply touching them. I would say that his weakness is either light/wind or another unknown powerful Logia Fruit. :blink