PDA

View Full Version : Nel Chapter 290

gasei-sama
January 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hope I'm posting in the right place ^^''
I don't really like it but bleh ... first time coloring bleach . I like nel :3
http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/50326/medium/1_nell.jpg (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?n=2268)

Sunshine
January 15, 2008, 10:50 AM
oh well, it's amazing!! very good job Gasei-sama!!

the only thing I've to say about it is about Nel's clothes, i found it looks like a fake...don't know if i'm really clear, but her hair, mask and eyes fit her very well, not her clothes..maybe you should have darken a bit more the neck and shoulders areas...

anyway, it's really great :)

gasei-sama
January 15, 2008, 12:42 PM
fake? you mean they look like rubber instead of cloth material? well that's probably because of my coloring style , I tend to make everything look shinny X3 thanks for the critique! and glad you like it ^-^

Sunshine
January 15, 2008, 12:49 PM
fake? you mean they look like rubber instead of cloth material?

Yep that's it^^ sorry I don't have a great english voc but I try to improve it^^ anyway, you got it so that's ok :)

Gaara_dono
January 16, 2008, 05:49 AM
Just wonderful... Lovely artwork... Deserves a 5 starz rating ^^
Keep the bleach coloring coming... I miss those days I could have a time to color..
Thanks for charing ... And keep up the good work...

PS: I think you should try other styles (Amaretti style... Stfun style... ) to form your own style... This kind of art is good... But need more perfecting skills... If you wannt I'll give you some tut ^^

lordHokage
January 16, 2008, 08:30 AM
Not bad at all. It looks really good and keep it up. :D

gasei-sama
January 16, 2008, 01:36 PM
wah :P thanks guys for the feedback! I appreciate it :P
@Sunshine , I'll try to work on the clothes to make them more ...cloth-like :) I know I have problems with that :)
@Gaara-dono , thanks :) I'm glad you like it Amaretti?About tutorials , I usually fav and save anything I find but I never have time to read them , everything I've learned about photoshop I learned on my own, no tutorials , I like to be more original that's why I don't try other people's styles . I know it helps to improve my own but I don't feel good by copying someone else.
Thanks for the tip though :)
@Lord Hokage Thanks! I'll definitely make more :)

Gaara_dono
January 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
@Gaara-dono , thanks :) I'm glad you like it Amaretti?About tutorials , I usually fav and save anything I find but I never have time to read them , everything I've learned about photoshop I learned on my own, no tutorials , I like to be more original that's why I don't try other people's styles . I know it helps to improve my own but I don't feel good by copying someone else.
Thanks for the tip though :)

^^" That's embarrasing... No just joking... try this one... It's stfun tut... It's hard... He show you the basics... But never give you his secrets...
Also; everybody that tried it adapted it to their own style... It's really adaptable to anybody artstyle... So don't fear to try it xD ;)
Here is the link --> Clicky (http://stfun.ovh.org/index.php?page=tuto)^^

LadyHatake
January 17, 2008, 12:19 PM
It's so shiny XD But it looks good =) Definitely a unique style, keep up the good work =)

gasei-sama
January 17, 2008, 01:44 PM
I just realized I forgot t paint that tattoo on her face X3 gomen!
Gaara_dono , I read the guy's tutorial , it's nice but lol does he really use the pen tool like that? that way is so annoying and hard ..takes too much time. Anyway, I learned nothing new from the tutorial , I know how to color in cell-shading I just don't like it. (I hope I'm not offending anyone) I mean I like it when I see it at other artists but when I make it it looks weird... I like soft shading more.Thanks for the tutorial though , I must say I like how he makes the eyes ...a tutorial on that technique would be nice.
LadyHatake Thank you! I think it's a bit too shinny :P but I'm glad you like it!!!!Really ? does it really look unique? X3 that makes me happy ^^ I like to be different :P

lordHokage
January 17, 2008, 04:09 PM
I have something to look forward too. I can't wait to see what's next. Once again, keep it up. :D

Gaara_dono
January 19, 2008, 07:42 AM
Gaara_dono , I read the guy's tutorial , it's nice but lol does he really use the pen tool like that? that way is so annoying and hard ..takes too much time. Anyway, I learned nothing new from the tutorial , I know how to color in cell-shading I just don't like it. (I hope I'm not offending anyone) I mean I like it when I see it at other artists but when I make it it looks weird... I like soft shading more.Thanks for the tutorial though , I must say I like how he makes the eyes ...a tutorial on that technique would be nice.
hehe... I understand... And about the eyes technique... Try this tut (http://www.deviantart.com/download/28286457/cgtut.jpg)... Stfun was inspired from it... ^^

TheChosenOne
January 19, 2008, 06:30 PM
Shiny isn't it, Great job, please keep them coming. :)

gasei-sama
January 19, 2008, 06:45 PM
lol x3 that doesn't inspire me to make eyes like this guy did X3
if he'll eventually make a tutorial strictly on eyes then I'll be very interested X3
thanks a bunch TheChosenOne! I sure will.... I'm making a Pein cover now but I'm stuck on the background ... I hate coloring those detailed bastard backgrounds X3

Ragna-sama
January 24, 2008, 03:59 PM
Nice