PDA

View Full Version : Seinen Pluto by Naoki Urasawa & Tezuka Osamu

XaeroX19
January 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
anybody reading this?
is very good

here some detail

Pluto (プルートウ, Purūtō?) is an on-going manga serial by Naoki Urasawa published in Big Comic Original starting in 2003. It is based upon events from the classic series by Osamu Tezuka, Tetsuwan Atom (a.k.a Astro Boy, literally Iron-Arm Atom). Specifically, the series uses the characters and original story from the popular "Chijou saidai no ROBOTTO" ("The World's Strongest Robot", Dark Horse's version: "The Greatest Robot on Earth") storyline from the 3rd volume of the manga (as well as a few elements from the 2003 anime series version of the storyline with bits and pieces added from other stories by Tezuka) and reinterprets the plot as a murder mystery and noirish suspense thriller. In terms of both tone and visual style, the series is a complete and modern re-envisioning of the Astro Boy universe dissimilar to the original manga.

shego
January 15, 2008, 01:26 PM
I haven't read this since forever, like at chapter 30 or somewhere.

Yeah, it's good. Gesicht kinda reminds me of Agent Smith but as a good robot.

BoXs
February 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
I love it. I think it can rival Monster.

http://www.onemanga.com/Pluto/
read it here, it's pretty up to date. Very good story, espeically the recent chapters where everything cleared up.

Ganner_Rhysode
February 18, 2008, 05:14 AM
If somebody's interested, I could provide you with chapters 48 to 51 (but just RAWs, for now).
Really love that series, but still doesn't match up with 20th Century Boys, imo. ^^

And I'm searching for Volume 5 (RAW) for nearly 3 months, now... Can somebody help me with that? XD

BoXs
February 18, 2008, 04:20 PM
Sadly, I have no idea where to get the raw. :(

Ganner_Rhysode
February 18, 2008, 04:59 PM
That's why you should ask me ;-P

Tell me, what you need and I'll upload them XD

TheGenius
March 26, 2008, 11:26 PM
There is always mangatraders, which is usually updated.

I take everything from there(except latest scans). It's free no ads and great!

http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/120

Arutha2321
March 27, 2008, 06:39 PM
Please I am looking for manga Pluto Chapters 51 and higher. Scanlation would be the best but raw can be.

barbapapa
March 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
Scanlations of c51-52 will be out soon by Mangascreener. (more hasn't been released in Japan either)

Crayola
March 27, 2008, 06:57 PM
err wrong place to make this thread

BoXs
March 31, 2008, 05:56 PM
Wow, great chapter. Seems like Pluto and Bora are look alikes :)

The Fool
April 01, 2008, 07:55 AM
Wow, great chapter. Seems like Pluto and Bora are look alikes :)
Wassily says "Bora" when he sees Abra, not Pluto.

BoXs
April 01, 2008, 09:00 AM
But isn't Abra human? He was human during that war (what's that place called again?), then after the war he became half robotic, but Bora existed during the war, that's why I don't think Abra is Bora, unless he was a robot to begin with. Also, the Bora from Wassilly's mind was completely different than Abra, the sound it makes, the shape, etc/ Wassily isn't a robot to be able to tell when a robot switches bodies, that also lead to my understanding that Abra isn't Bora. Of course I could be wrong, so we all have to wait and see :)

The Fool
May 05, 2008, 11:43 AM
Do you guys know where to find raw chapter 53?

PB|Ichigo
May 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
Pluto is really a magnificant work of art, I guess Urasawa will be able to top Monster and 20th, really looking forward to the next chapter!

Ganner_Rhysode
June 14, 2008, 11:37 AM
Do you guys know where to find raw chapter 53?

Hey, Fool.

Here you go. #53 (And I included chapters #54 and #55, 'cause I thought you could use them, too.)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktek3f

And I'm sorry, that I did not get in touch with you and Kenji, for such a long time, since the 20th-21st time-line thingie.
Some things happened over the last, past months, so I didn't had really the motivation and time for such an extensive piece of work.

I will send an PN to both of you, or will write an explaining message in the 21st-thread, the next coming days. I'm sorry, it took me so long.

For now, have fun with Pluto. The masterpiece is coming to it's end. Seems like #56 will be the last chapter, if I'm not mistaken.

dabura
June 15, 2008, 02:49 AM
thanks man for posting.

Now we have to wait for a translation.

But wow, Pluto ending in a few chapters ??
I didn't expect this, I thought urasawa would expand the plot of destroying the robots and would create a length like Monster.

TheGenius
June 15, 2008, 03:43 AM
Already done?? I thought he liked to create super long series!

I guess his partner his tired.

Ganner_Rhysode
June 15, 2008, 07:01 AM
So, no news yet, if next one will be the last chapter. I thought, the comment on the last page said #56 will be the last one, but I was mistaken. It only says "What will happen next?!"-something like that, and that #56 will feature colour-pages and will be released on 19th of July.

@ dabura & TheGenius:

PLUTO was laid-out, at first, as a 6-volumes-miniseries. Well, now we are at the end of Volume 7, already (if 6 and 7 feature 8-chapters alike, how the previous ones had), so eitherway, next chapter will be the last chapter or the one before the last (which means vol. 7 will be an extended tank with 9 or 10 chapters)
OR, #56 will be the start of volume 8.

Which speaks for the latter, is that every Pluto Volume startet off with a colour-pages chapter, so, there's still a chance, we get a Volume 8.
The reason, I think 7 will be the last one is:
As said before: the manga was laid-out as a 6-Volume-manga, which means, we are already way over it. And well, the manga seemed to me, like it's nearing its end, already from #43 on.
So, what's still, to happen in Volume 8? Is there enough story left, to fill up an extra volume? Or will we get just an extended volume 7?
As much as I LOVE this frickin' series, I would be happier, if it comes to an end, soon. This would mean, we had to wait again, for at least 8 months, to POSSIBLY, let it come to an end.

So, now, you know, what I know.
Have fun, speculating.

9fuie23
June 16, 2008, 03:49 AM
Ganner_Rhysode,Thank you for sharing.

Emily00
July 02, 2008, 04:51 AM
While I love Monster and 20th, I read a bit of Pluto and didn't really like it much but didn't hate it.. I'm considering reading a bit more into it to see if I'll start liking it though.

decadencia
July 28, 2008, 03:25 AM
so anyone have any updates as far as pluto is concerned? is it at its end? ive read up to chap 54 and it does seem to be ending but yea, any news?

freaky2
July 29, 2008, 04:30 AM
Has chapter 56 come out, as promised in chapter 55? If so I'd like to read it, heheh. It does look like it will end soon, but I don't think it can happen in just one chapter, so I'd say another volume...

chusetto
August 05, 2008, 11:33 AM
Is Pluto licensed at the States? Because in Spain it really was...

molokidan
December 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
I am working on translating 56-60 right now, so hopefully someone will scanlate them.

ryusuke_
January 03, 2009, 02:18 PM
Ch. 56 scan just got released. It's great to be able to keep reading this good story.

By the way, am I the only one surprised to see AGAIN all this stuff about an anti-proton bomb destroying the Earth? First in Century Boys, now in Pluto...

Dugy
January 13, 2009, 03:42 PM
I want to ask - do we know who was that guy jumping from skyskaper to skyskaper in end of chapter 2? They said it is human but even now I really don't know his identity... (and almost all bad guys are robots:)

XaeroX19
January 13, 2009, 09:35 PM
thanks to all who are doing this series i just love it , and now is starting billy bat deadbeat scans has released 2 chapters =)

kaostheory
January 17, 2009, 10:06 PM
this is a great manga and could easily top 20th century and monster
My only problem is 20th century had friend and monster had johan, this one has an assortment of villains almost and the main character went off and died so i'm getting confused because i dont know how well this series can go with just atom

Anybody going to see astro boy when it comes out i know i am

Nadim
January 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
Hi, I love this manga and I think Naoki Urasawa is THE number one thriller author, I haven't read 20th century boys yet but Monster was awesome. I don't know if it's his signature or what but all the characters have the same nose ! That's my only complaint unless it's his sig :p

slippy
February 17, 2009, 04:53 AM
how irregular are the releases of pluto? I would like to continue reading it but I feel like I'll catch up and then have to wait a month for another chapter to be printed. Can anyone help?

molokidan
February 17, 2009, 07:21 AM
Usually bi-monthly, unless Urasawa decides to take a break, which he frequently does due to working on another series (Billy Bat).

Alexandrius
February 19, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm not feeling the Monster/20th Century boys vibe from Pluto. It's entertaining, but Urasawa has done better.

bluemonster
April 22, 2009, 12:15 AM
So.. this series has ended. Does anyone knows what the Teddy Bear is?

Hard_Rock
May 09, 2009, 02:31 PM
Another great work by Urusawa, but think that Gesicht's death was rather unexpected and could be done in a much better way for a main character.

SlayerJr
May 13, 2009, 05:42 PM
In a way its a shame that its over. After all we got another dose of Astroboy and friends, with plenty of tragedy thrown in, without a Hollywood ending. I liked it.

aprilapple
July 06, 2009, 12:03 AM
So.. this series has ended. Does anyone knows what the Teddy Bear is?

I've been wondering that too...
I really wonder how much you can fit into that teddy bear... and whether the large machine behind it has any significance... o.0

¬Bol
July 06, 2009, 06:36 PM
Another great work by Urusawa, but think that Gesicht's death was rather unexpected and could be done in a much better way for a main character.
Gesicht death unexpected? Not if you read the original manga or watched the anime.
I expected a different death (cut in half by Pluto's horns), but I always knew he would have died.

Hard_Rock
July 07, 2009, 10:15 AM
Gesicht death unexpected? Not if you read the original manga or watched the anime.
I expected a different death (cut in half by Pluto's horns), but I always knew he would have died.

Well, i didn't read original or watched anime, i suspected that he might die but not this way. So, the way he died was more confusing than the fact he died. Still, awesome manga.

slippy
July 23, 2009, 10:34 AM
finished this the other day. i thoroughly enjoyed it. it's now time to read urasawa's other stuff, i've only read a volume of Monster before, nothing else. i'll have to read more of Monster and begin 20th century boys

molokidan
July 23, 2009, 09:50 PM
Don't forget Billy Bat!