PDA

View Full Version : Complete Jigoku Sensei Nube by Makura Shou & Okano Takeshi

kgrace1987
January 17, 2008, 09:10 PM
http://thumbnails23.imagebam.com/7502/04258475016952.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/04258475016952)
Hell Teacher Nube
By:OKANO Takeshi (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=5231)
Genre: action, ecchi, horror, comedy
Serialized In: Weekly Shonen Jump (1993-1999)
Scanlated By: Easy Going Scans (http://easygoingscans.wordpress.com/)
RTS (http://mangahelpers.com/m/hell-teacher-nube)

The series follows Meisuke Nueno, better known as Nūbē, an exorcist who also happens to be the teacher for a 5th grade class at Dōmori Elementary. While he uses many various exorcism techniques, his main weapon is the Demon Hand which is the power of a chaotic oni sealed right where his left hand should be. The series follows Nūbē and Dōmori class 5-3 though the many weird, chaotic, and downright silly and insane encounters they face with the many forms and elements of the supernatural.
[hr]
So I'm kind of new to the forum but am not really new to anime XD and...

...I was able to get the first three chapters that Nensha scanlated but I'm particularly looking for raws as I think the series isn't being continued by other groups. I couldn't find any available for download or torrent anywhere so...

...help? :crying

Thanks! ^.~

StrangerAtaru
January 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
(new member but old in the manga/anime business)

Hey there, stranger. Case you're wondering but I was sort of part of the Nensha project back in the day for Nube. Basically I sort of translated at least the first nine volumes of the series outside a few others here or there, but unfortunately the project just went AWOL after we finished chapter 3. (I own all 31 volumes BTW) I do have the scripts for those early volumes but its not really a scanslation nor will I ever know if I get back to it any time in the future. (since I've been writing too many of my own tales) Personally would love to see the whole series done for the US to experience it...but that's my own personal bias.

kgrace1987
January 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
all thirty one volumes?! cool! Is there any chance I can get access to the raws? =D It's okay if there're no translations for it, I'll be able to figure it out somehow...

It's too bad that none of the English manga publishers have done it (I'd love it if Tokyopop did it but they didn't T-T) It's basically a good manga albeit it's sort of an account of the main character's life but it did enough to interest me XD. I also tried getting them off of the net but stores that sell them are pretty much in Japanese T-T (I can't read the whole bulk of the Japanese writing yet, but I'm trying to learn it O.o...as well as everything about the language XD)

I was able to watch the show when it aired here and I'm also waiting on one of the fansub groups to sub the series and the movies. I'm fangirling on the Nube x Yukime pairing so I kind of wanted to know and see for myself what really went on in the manga ^.^

StrangerAtaru
January 21, 2008, 11:02 AM
all thirty one volumes?! cool! Is there any chance I can get access to the raws? =D It's okay if there're no translations for it, I'll be able to figure it out somehow...

It's too bad that none of the English manga publishers have done it (I'd love it if Tokyopop did it but they didn't T-T) It's basically a good manga albeit it's sort of an account of the main character's life but it did enough to interest me XD. I also tried getting them off of the net but stores that sell them are pretty much in Japanese T-T (I can't read the whole bulk of the Japanese writing yet, but I'm trying to learn it O.o...as well as everything about the language XD)

I was able to watch the show when it aired here and I'm also waiting on one of the fansub groups to sub the series and the movies. I'm fangirling on the Nube x Yukime pairing so I kind of wanted to know and see for myself what really went on in the manga ^.^

I don't have a scanner sadly...and even if I did, it probably would be a crappy scan regardless. All I have are the actual volumes and the fanbook (that only really covers just over the first 19 volumes) Maybe the whole series could be out there on one of the file transfer networks but that's all I can think of so far.

Personally Nube is one of my favorite Jump series of all time even if it isn't as acknowledge in too many other places. It just had a good combination of action, horror (well in educational means) and a more gag-style akin to KochiKame (which Nube himself kept commenting about) that allowed for amazing character interactions and growth throughout the series. I'd love it if someone brings it out in the US but I doubt anyone would really buy it...though most likely it would probably be Viz that would bring it over. (I know that Tokyopop is releasing "Digimon Next" which was drawn by Okano but that's more due to the whole matter of Disney dealing with Tokyopop)

Oh, and of course Nube/Yukime forever :p

kgrace1987
January 21, 2008, 07:55 PM
I don't have a scanner sadly...and even if I did, it probably would be a crappy scan regardless. All I have are the actual volumes and the fanbook (that only really covers just over the first 19 volumes) Maybe the whole series could be out there on one of the file transfer networks but that's all I can think of so far.

Personally Nube is one of my favorite Jump series of all time even if it isn't as acknowledge in too many other places. It just had a good combination of action, horror (well in educational means) and a more gag-style akin to KochiKame (which Nube himself kept commenting about) that allowed for amazing character interactions and growth throughout the series. I'd love it if someone brings it out in the US but I doubt anyone would really buy it...though most likely it would probably be Viz that would bring it over. (I know that Tokyopop is releasing "Digimon Next" which was drawn by Okano but that's more due to the whole matter of Disney dealing with Tokyopop)

Oh, and of course Nube/Yukime forever :p

Oh. ok, thanks anyway ^.^

It's difficult finding the raws even in the torrents uploaded. I only found the raws of the anime and some of it's movies there O.o I'll think about getting it sometime, I suppose XD

Yep, Nube/Yukime ftw! They really make a cute couple XD Makes me think of what kind of child they'd have (half human/half yuki-onna with ice powers--that'd be awesome! XD)

StrangerAtaru
January 21, 2008, 11:06 PM
Yep, Nube/Yukime ftw! They really make a cute couple XD Makes me think of what kind of child they'd have (half human/half yuki-onna with ice powers--that'd be awesome! XD)

The closest to that is Yukibe...though that's one story Nube would rather forget.

kgrace1987
January 21, 2008, 11:13 PM
Yukibe's rather O.o It'd be nice if they had one who would go to school and stuff XD carry on the normal life with a slight twist since he/she has ice powers XD now that would be a nice continuation to the finished manga =D (I suppose...)

StrangerAtaru
January 22, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yukibe's rather O.o It'd be nice if they had one who would go to school and stuff XD carry on the normal life with a slight twist since he/she has ice powers XD now that would be a nice continuation to the finished manga =D (I suppose...)

Somehow its hard to think of a sequel since most of the character interaction was tied to all the spirits and yokai they encountered. Though I highly doubt I would want it through something like Yukibe...besides, being a yokai created by way of Yukime and not a real son, he'd just run off anyway. I had a few ideas for my own means of continuing the story but somehow none of them really involved Nube returning to Doumori: his job there is done and he probably rather move along to other schools across Japan with yokai problems. (even if it means never seeing Hiroshi, Kyoko, Miki and the others ever again...then again he still has Yukime and Baki...and possibly Minki)

kgrace1987
January 22, 2008, 06:28 PM
Not seeing Hiroshi, Kyoko, Miki and the others would be kind of sad but I guess I'll have to agree with you on that ^.^ I don't think I'd go for a sequel for it XD somehow reminds me of...Harry Potter O.o

Still, I think Jigoku Sensei Nube is one good manga, by far. O.o It may have something to do with the storyline or probably because I find that the Japanese myths and legends in it are fascinating or all of that but none has finished scanlating it when it isn't even licensed yet and the volumes has been completed.

StrangerAtaru
January 22, 2008, 10:45 PM
Not seeing Hiroshi, Kyoko, Miki and the others would be kind of sad but I guess I'll have to agree with you on that ^.^ I don't think I'd go for a sequel for it XD somehow reminds me of...Harry Potter O.o

Still, I think Jigoku Sensei Nube is one good manga, by far. O.o It may have something to do with the storyline or probably because I find that the Japanese myths and legends in it are fascinating or all of that but none has finished scanlating it when it isn't even licensed yet and the volumes has been completed.

The closest we're getting to a sequel is the Izuna spinoff currently in "Oh! Super Jump" but I haven't read that yet. As for Nube and the Doumori bunch...that we need to at least see what happened to them. Though with its age and its lack of knowledge in this country, it could end up not going anywhere and ending up only getting quarterly releases ala stuff like JoJo or Whistle.

Team Daggerrrrrr
February 13, 2008, 08:19 PM
AAA

StrangerAtaru
January 28, 2009, 10:32 PM
Revive!

I was thinking of maybe putting up my translations that I did many years back of pretty much the first 9 volumes of the series...they aren't perfect nor complete but somehow I wouldn't mind using the link we have on MH at this time to at least attempt to get this series a bit more notice.

Maxy Barnard
March 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
9 volumes? i heartily encourage it, if only because i'd love to help do this series at some point

StrangerAtaru
March 15, 2009, 06:50 PM
Actually, Noodles, I'm thinking of maybe starting the series over from chp. 1 after I finish Jii-chan G, mostly so I can compare how I used to be then to how I am now. When I do, I'll start putting the scans you directed me to on MH and we'll be able to get a scanslator. But yeah, we can definately collab on Nube someday. (though if I do that, I may put another series I was thinking of doing on the backburner...or at least put it on MH now and not worry about it)

dogmaniac
March 12, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hi, new here. I came upon this site after searching high n low for nube manga scanlations to find that only 3 chapters have been done and the scanlation stopped. T.T
I'm interested in actually scanlating the series although I've never tried. The local publisher has only the later volumes and is not printing the older ones... Really, it's amazing such an old manga could stay unscanlated for so long...
If anyone is interested to scanlate nube I would want in!!!

StrangerAtaru
March 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hi, new here. I came upon this site after searching high n low for nube manga scanlations to find that only 3 chapters have been done and the scanlation stopped. T.T
I'm interested in actually scanlating the series although I've never tried. The local publisher has only the later volumes and is not printing the older ones... Really, it's amazing such an old manga could stay unscanlated for so long...
If anyone is interested to scanlate nube I would want in!!!

Yeah those three were my old scripts :p They will be redone soon.

I'll be TLing it come April but we're probably getting a whole group of people together for it.

Drmke
April 10, 2010, 06:10 PM
So I've read the first volume now and I'm really enjoying this series like I had hoped I would. Its pretty funny with some pretty neat designs for the demons they fight. I'm excited to see where the story goes when they start having longer arcs. Though it should be noted that I always feel strange when the fan-service from the series is coming from an elementary school girl...:oh

StrangerAtaru
April 11, 2010, 10:02 AM
So I've read the first volume now and I'm really enjoying this series like I had hoped I would. Its pretty funny with some pretty neat designs for the demons they fight. I'm excited to see where the story goes when they start having longer arcs. Though it should be noted that I always feel strange when the fan-service from the series is coming from an elementary school girl...:oh

The fanservice gets worse from here on out. For the most part it is played for laughs but Miki does have this obsession with her growing bust (well starting around vol. 5). Pay that in mind as we go further into it.

Heh, I'm surprised someone actually revived the thread when I started doing the series...though at the same time I have to balance between this and Otokojuku (since the latter has a couple fans too)

Rejuvenation
April 14, 2010, 10:44 AM
Art aside, you can definitely tell that this was written before the last decade of Jump. One of the reasons has already been mentioned in this thread.

Have been wanting to read this for a while and when I saw new chapters scanned at the start of this month I took the chance.

This manga has not disappointed so far.

StrangerAtaru
April 14, 2010, 07:27 PM
Art aside, you can definitely tell that this was written before the last decade of Jump. One of the reasons has already been mentioned in this thread.

Have been wanting to read this for a while and when I saw new chapters scanned at the start of this month I took the chance.

This manga has not disappointed so far.

The first couple volumes are mostly set-up, the characters and the situations become more memorable from the next volume on. (then again I'm pretty much up to the chapter in my translations where one of the crucials who really doesn't reappear until vol. 12 first appears...though it's sad with all I'm TL that it didn't get respect prior to Naruto or Bleach with what I'm seeing here in similarities)