PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 308 Discussion

Nami
January 25, 2008, 10:34 PM
Your new Bleach is out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24851)!! Check out the cover too.

You can now predict what's gonna happen next here. :amuse

havoc19
January 25, 2008, 10:56 PM
Battle continues, Kenpachi considers removing eyepatch, end of chapter,lol

I'd love to hear some feedback from Halibel and Co since they're possibly still watching from outside their room when viewing the Grim V Ichigo fight

Zeus-Tails
January 25, 2008, 11:05 PM
Anyone else enjoy Kenpachi smashing Nnoitra into the ground with one hand? And catching Noitora's attacking like nothing (kinda reminda you of Aizen catching Ichigo's attack).

I kinda wonder if Nnoitra can actually cut Kenpachi. I mean it was way too easy for Kenpachi to catch his sword. It was very similar to Aizen catching Ichigo's sword, so can Nnoitra cut Kenpachi?

Zaraky696
January 26, 2008, 12:07 AM
You should know that Kenpachi is holding back when he fight, if he goes all out on Nnoitra, he won't last a second. Maybe he'll release his eyepatch but so far, seem like Zaraki is having the upper hand. Nnoitra can't be cut to shinigami sword huh, I dunno why he wasn't hurt while Zaraki pierced him over the eye, seem strange, but Zaraki at full strengh probly gonna break through his Iron Skin in a second.

Jehuty
January 26, 2008, 12:11 AM
You should know that Kenpachi is holding back when he fight, if he goes all out on Nnoitra, he won't last a second. Maybe he'll release his eyepatch but so far, seem like Zaraki is having the upper hand. Nnoitra can't be cut to shinigami sword huh, I dunno why he wasn't hurt while Zaraki pierced him over the eye, seem strange, but Zaraki at full strengh probly gonna break through his Iron Skin in a second.
I think it's because Nnoitora's Hollow Hole is in his eye... So really, it was just kinda like lifting him.

TheChosenOne
January 26, 2008, 12:30 AM
I predict we see Kenpachi cut Nnoi, the point has been inforced for two chapters, and now the third time will be it. I hope we see the bodies in Szayel's lab, I also wish we get to see Nell, so we will know whether she is an adult or if she remained a child. :)

Tsukisama
January 26, 2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I also think that Nnoitora's hole is in under his eyepatch.

If the next chapter is devoted solely to the fight, then hopefully one of them will release (or in Kenpachi's case, show off his mastered shikai). If the next chapter isn't solely devoted to Ken vs. Nnoi, then it would be nice to get updates from either Unohana & Chad, Byakuya & co., or Nel & Ichigo. Of the two situations, however, I'm hoping for the former. With this fight coming at last, it feels like the end of this arc is finally in sight. I want to see Kenpachi's skills, but I want the plot to advance out of these monotonous HM match-ups to a point where some storyline can re-enter.

Zaraky696
January 26, 2008, 01:53 AM
Oh right, i forgot about those hollow hole, rofl wonder what woulda have happened if Zaraki had pierced the other eye. Oh well, Zaraki won't lose against Nnoitra, well, he better not. I don't wanna see Ichigo running to Zaraki's help after he's healed.

TheChosenOne
January 26, 2008, 02:00 AM
He would'nt have pierced the other eye, cuz nnoi skin is to tough so it could mean that his enitire body is, so maybe his eyeball could be as well. I don't thin zaraki will lose, he will win, nnoi is just having his spotlight. :)

Zaraky696
January 26, 2008, 03:04 AM
Huh, If Zaraki couldn't pierce the other eye, Nnoitra would be Number 1 Arrancar and could beat Aizen anytime... Iron Skin, is the ability to reinforce your skin with reiatsu to block a attack ect. YOu don't have any skin on eye ball, so unless Nnoitra has even higher spirit pressure then Zaraki, I doub't he would get owned by Nel's release. Anyhow, Zaraki's up to something, probly his most amusing match for him.

heiky0711
January 26, 2008, 03:45 AM
i hope to see kenpachi's bankai for after a loong wait!

KyanWan
January 26, 2008, 05:31 AM
Anyone else enjoy Kenpachi smashing Nnoitra into the ground with one hand? And catching Noitora's attacking like nothing (kinda reminda you of Aizen catching Ichigo's attack).

I kinda wonder if Nnoitra can actually cut Kenpachi. I mean it was way too easy for Kenpachi to catch his sword. It was very similar to Aizen catching Ichigo's sword, so can Nnoitra cut Kenpachi?

Yeah, I seriously doubt that Noi un-released can hurt Kenpachi. If anything, that hit at the very end is just a flesh wound. Even earlier in the battle, when Noi took his first hit on Ken - "He doesn't hit half bad...." - imo, he's a strong opponent, but Kenpachi's not even breaking a sweat. So - my opinion - Kenpachi's not even putting an effort out. IMO - Kenpachi's going to taunt Noi - and force him to release.

Once Noi releases the real fight starts (lol, always, right?)

Then Kenpachi will tear Noi a new hollow hole. :P

Banedor
January 26, 2008, 06:45 AM
All I know is, Kenpachi must die at some point during this fight. (Yes, I agree it will take Noi to release to do so obviously)

But I find the story lacking any credibility with Soul Society just marching in and running house now with the Captains against the Espada.

Granted all the Espada is of the lower tier (with the exception of Noi who is 5, exactly the middle of upper and lower espada)

I understand Espada whooped Ichigo and friends but it's to be expected, but to have the Captains come and own and not lose a single person is a bit of a stretch.

By the end of this fight, I want either Noi killing Kenpachi or Uliquorria returning from his box he is trapped in to and killing Kenpachi in a fit of rage.

I'll probably take heat for this but I am a Kenpachi fan, but I'm also a Bleach Fan and this story arc hasn't been exactly fulfilling and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

rai-chu
January 26, 2008, 09:29 AM
Prediction: They just keep on fighting until one of the shows some moves. Also i predict that the chapter is going to be dedicated to their fight until (maybe one of them has to release or something!) or (Ulquiorra showing up or something!)

hollowdemon
January 26, 2008, 10:44 AM
why would there be a thought of kenpachi dying ? so far there hasnt been anybody good that died and why start now ? especially by nnoitra
most likely kenpachi is enjoying the battle against nnoitra and the part where he seem to pierce his chest with his arms is just a sign of amusement to kenpachi. Kinda like how ichigo got back up and sliced him for the first time which will resort him to taking of his eyepatch.

kenpachi probably will give that manical look and laugh along with the pain that he endured that probably freak nnoitra out and then causes him to release :D
and of course he was fine the hollow part is in his eye why would he be hurt ?
its like throwing a hot dog in a hallway :p

Super Angillis
January 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
It's not like Kenpachi getting cut is a big deal. Tosen cut him just fine. It was just dificult for Ichigo to cut him the first time they faought. My guess is that Kenny will get happy becuase this fight won't be as boring as he thaought, and take off the eyepatch.

I do want to see Halibel watching the fight. Maybe Aizen, Tosen and Gin can come out and watch the fight.
Gin- "Wow that was awsome."
Aizen- "Indeed. I really didn't expect that>"
Halibel-"Totally. Really glad we could watch this."
Tosen- "What was awsome? Someone please describe it to me?"

Jehuty
January 26, 2008, 11:42 AM
I predict we see Kenpachi cut Nnoi, the point has been inforced for two chapters, and now the third time will be it. I hope we see the bodies in Szayel's lab, I also wish we get to see Nell, so we will know whether she is an adult or if she remained a child. :)Damn it all, even in death Szayel continues to stall and drag out the storyline.

All I know is, Kenpachi must die at some point during this fight. (Yes, I agree it will take Noi to release to do so obviously)

But I find the story lacking any credibility with Soul Society just marching in and running house now with the Captains against the Espada.

Granted all the Espada is of the lower tier (with the exception of Noi who is 5, exactly the middle of upper and lower espada)

I understand Espada whooped Ichigo and friends but it's to be expected, but to have the Captains come and own and not lose a single person is a bit of a stretch.

By the end of this fight, I want either Noi killing Kenpachi or Uliquorria returning from his box he is trapped in to and killing Kenpachi in a fit of rage.

I'll probably take heat for this but I am a Kenpachi fan, but I'm also a Bleach Fan and this story arc hasn't been exactly fulfilling and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.This is Kubo we're talking about. He doesn't kill any-damn-body in the story, not on the good guys side.

hollowdemon
January 26, 2008, 11:52 AM
agreed and DEFINITELY not kenpachi if it was anybody i would iam for renji or someone else in the seated rank to be murdered.
The only difference between the wound he received from tousen and the 307 chapter was that the wound from tousen was more of a slice and nnoitras was a jab-pierced type wound not just a wussy slice from tousens stupid bankai :p

only reason it'll stall out for nnoitra is obvious, the location hes in is the place where ulquiorra will release out from the negacion, halibel and fraccions are watching the battle, and an intervention from gin might be possible although im hoping for him to appear where unohana and/or byakuya's location :D

TheChosenOne
January 26, 2008, 02:27 PM

That will happen when a different writer writes Bleach. :)

The Espada's that they are fighting mean nothing, the top 4 are still king and will continue to be until the more powerful captains fight them. The top three is most likely stronger than all the espada's put together. :)

Ichigo is the only one strong enough cuz he is captain class, the rest is most likely in vice-captain class. Rukia did take out Aaeroniero. :)

hollowdemon
January 26, 2008, 02:52 PM
The Espada's that they are fighting mean nothing, the top 4 are still king and will continue to be until the more powerful captains fight them. The top three is most likely stronger than all the espada's put together. :)

i agree with that completely :D

they have yet lifted a finger to handle any type of situation thats going on in las noches right now and the ones that followed aizens orders completely are the ones that has no worries about whats going on since they know they can kick ass.
( ulquiorra is an exception to that since he seems to be aizens favorite to do his errands :p )

hopefully we're going to get a glimpse of halibel or perhaps maybe even stark in the next chapter of what they think is going to occur in the future. Just because their arrancars they still deserve an opinion and air time here and there :D

Chainsaw FTW
January 26, 2008, 04:11 PM
Here's my guess for the rest of the fight.
Kenpachi removes the eyepatch and still can't cut Nnoitra. He gets some kind of flashback/vision thing. I'm not saying he'll get his sword's name out of it, but that it'll probably give him the added determination to actually cut Nnoitra. 5th Espada releases, and Kenpachi manages to hold him off long enough for someone else to strike the killing/decisive blow on Nnoitra (I'm looking at you Unohana >_>).

hollowdemon
January 26, 2008, 05:23 PM
unohana to fight ??
that wont come until winter war is underway but other than that i dont see byakuya making another attack or move unless gin appears out of nowhere.
More likely kenpachi will be in this fight the whole way since we know how he doesnt accept aid from ANYBODY even though its old man yamma-jii, yachiru or anybody else he would just tell them to bug off.
Only way this fight ends if ulquiorra appears in time or kenpachi reveals something to get rid of nnoitra's cocky ass :D

TheChosenOne
January 26, 2008, 06:00 PM
I seriously doubt Ken would tell Yama to bug off, that would be funny, but I don't see him saying that. Anyway, prediction, Ken reveals bankai and then destroys Nnoi, then Ulq comes out and releases, ken destroys him. Just playing, Ken will most likely cut Nnoi, no point in brining that obstacle if it can't be demolished. :)

Fortisdiablos
January 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
agreed and DEFINITELY not kenpachi if it was anybody i would iam for renji or someone else in the seated rank to be murdered.
The only difference between the wound he received from tousen and the 307 chapter was that the wound from tousen was more of a slice and nnoitras was a jab-pierced type wound not just a wussy slice from tousens stupid bankai :p

only reason it'll stall out for nnoitra is obvious, the location hes in is the place where ulquiorra will release out from the negacion, halibel and fraccions are watching the battle, and an intervention from gin might be possible although im hoping for him to appear where unohana and/or byakuya's location :D

Didn't Tousen impale Kenpachi with his sword? Am I mistaken?

Super Angillis
January 26, 2008, 06:33 PM
Here's my guess for the rest of the fight.
Kenpachi removes the eyepatch and still can't cut Nnoitra. He gets some kind of flashback/vision thing. I'm not saying he'll get his sword's name out of it, but that it'll probably give him the added determination to actually cut Nnoitra. 5th Espada releases, and Kenpachi manages to hold him off long enough for someone else to strike the killing/decisive blow on Nnoitra (I'm looking at you Unohana >_>).

I advise you to reread chapters with Kenpachi. The 11th division belives in 1 on 1 fights to the death. No interfierence. So Unohana will not be coming in. Remember Kenpachi wants challenging fights. He's going to by happy with this turn of events. I imagin Noi will be laughing about how weak Kenny is when Kenpachi will start laughing and say how exciting this is and how he's glad to have found such a strong opponent.

TheChosenOne
January 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
Didn't Tousen impale Kenpachi with his sword? Am I mistaken?

Yes, he did, I think tousen had impaled Zaraki in the rib section once and he cut Zaraki the second time. :)

rionin
January 26, 2008, 10:05 PM
Where Zaraki's sword is I see a name being called out. The sword will grow with Zaraki's power and Noi will die when his hole gets ripped by Zaraki's sword. I could also see Zaraki losing, but guess what remember Karma. What comes around goes around. A healed Ichigo will wipe the floor with a injured Noi:P

weixiaobao
January 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
well, i predict for the next three chapters the battle of the captains are kind of having an obvious pattern: winning, losing, introduce skill, and then win.. but at the end of the tunnel I think Tosen want a rematch with Zaraki

TheChosenOne
January 26, 2008, 10:25 PM
If Zaraki doesn't kill Nnoi, I think most likely Nell will, only if she is an adult. I think Zaraki will kill Nnoi, the other captain's killed their espada's and Zaraki will do the same to Nnoi. Well Zaraki did leave Tousen alive, but that was cuz he didn't give a good fight, also he was gonna kill Tousen, cuz he pushed for Zaraki to fight him. :)

D3M1URG3
January 26, 2008, 11:52 PM
This whole battle can easily be predicted through comparison battles, with only one small flaw: Ichigo beat Kenpachi.

Anyway, here goes:

Zaraki>Tousen
Tousen>Grimmjow
Ichigo>Grimmjow
Nnoitora>Ichigo

Meaning....

Zaraki>Nnoitora

However, like I said, the only complication in this is the fact that Kenpachi lost to Ichigo...But I imagine that Kubo will come up a reason for a dramatic increase in the Captains ability...Since in the same way....

Uryuu>Kurotsuchi
Appolo>Uryuu
Kurotsuchi>Appolo

So....something's amiss in the house of Kubo...

TheChosenOne
January 27, 2008, 12:04 AM
Tousen>Grimmjow

Tousen got Grimm by surprise, that doesn't make him stronger. He could be, but we can't use that event as conclusive evidence. Grimm got Ulq by surprise when he locked him in negacion but Grimm is still weaker. :)

Nnoitora>IchigoWell to be fair, Ichigo was seriously exhausted and injured after his fight with Grimm, who he had the upperhand most of the time. Ichigo could have stood a chance against Nnoi or he couldn't, but we will most likely never know. :)

However, like I said, the only complication in this is the fact that Kenpachi lost to Ichigo...But I imagine that Kubo will come up a reason for a dramatic increase in the Captains ability...Since in the same way....Actually Yoruichi calls the battle a draw, but since Kenpachi said he lost, we can go with that. As for Kenpachi, he can obviously grow stronger, him "loosing" to Ichigo does not mean that he is weaker than people that Ichigo can't contend with. Zaraki does not have a mastered shikai, he has no bankai, so his potential is off the charts. :)

Uryuu>KurotsuchiUryuu had to use a technique that was suicidal and increased his powers to ridiculous levels, most likely Uryuu at that time could have defeated other captains. Mayuri lost cuz he did not know about that technique (the glove removal), had he known about it, I doubt Uryuu would have "won". :)

Appolo>UryuuWell considering ishida could be on Rukia's level I think he could have won, or he could have lost. :)

Kurotsuchi>AppoloMayuri defeated Szayel effortlessly cuz he had info about Szayel from the start, he knew about Szayel's abilities and had a counter. I dunno what would happen if he had fought Szayel without knowing anything, Mayuri still might win, but the info about Szayel gave Mayuri a huge advantage. Mayuri could beat Aaroniero, but the factor in all of Mayuri's fight revolves with how much he knows about the opponent. :)

Jehuty
January 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
This whole battle can easily be predicted through comparison battles, with only one small flaw: Ichigo beat Kenpachi.

Anyway, here goes:

Zaraki>Tousen
Tousen>Grimmjow
Ichigo>Grimmjow
Nnoitora>Ichigo

Meaning....

Zaraki>Nnoitora

However, like I said, the only complication in this is the fact that Kenpachi lost to Ichigo...But I imagine that Kubo will come up a reason for a dramatic increase in the Captains ability...Since in the same way....

Uryuu>Kurotsuchi
Appolo>Uryuu
Kurotsuchi>Appolo

So....something's amiss in the house of Kubo...
Wrong, and all wrong. Bleach, contrary to popular belief and evidence, is not Dragon Ball Z. Yammy, and Ulquiorra, despite their appearance, are merely an homage to Nappa and Vegeta, and they are not Saiya-jin. Ichigo may be, given his growth rate, but his powerlevel is not OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND

There's more than strength in Bleach. There's technique, experience, resolve, tactic, power type... The greatest evidence is Rukia, who, despite her exponentially small reiatsu in comparison to Aaroniero Arrurrueri, managed to impale his ridiculous glass head.

eddy26
January 27, 2008, 12:21 AM
I think Zaraki is going to finally call out his sword's name and release his new move. That is what will probably cut Nnoi and force him to release. Nnoi will probably beat on Kenpachi for a while thinking he has the upper hand. Kenpachi will remove the eyepatch and since he'll be fighting alongside his sword he'll be that much more powerful. After that maybe Ulquiorra comes out and before Kenpachi can start a fight with Ulquiorra Ichigo will tell him to back away. This one belongs to me and then put on his vizard mask.
If Ichigo was cool he'd do something like that. That weird liquid Mayuri is giving Ishida is that the same stuff he used on his arm to grow it back during their battle in SS. I still want to wait for Unohana to do something leave Hueco Mundo or at least get into a battle or talk to someone. If she is only there to heal only Byakuya needs to be patched up Mayuri is in control of healing Ishida and Renji. There is one more espada I want to see killed before this arc is over Yami must die. Espada 10 should not be allowed to live if 7,8, and 9 were killed. Grimjow is as good as dead and it seems pretty obvious Nnoi number 5 is going to get killed. At this point I don't care who does it.

Raizen
January 27, 2008, 01:15 AM
I believe that kempachi will kill noitora, and just as they are about to leave HM, ulquiorra appears and stop them w/ yammy. Unohana will probably force both the espadas back and then kill off released yammy quickly just before all of them leave!!

D3M1URG3
January 27, 2008, 02:10 AM
Wrong, and all wrong. Bleach, contrary to popular belief and evidence, is not Dragon Ball Z. Yammy, and Ulquiorra, despite their appearance, are merely an homage to Nappa and Vegeta, and they are not Saiya-jin. Ichigo may be, given his growth rate, but his powerlevel is not OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND

There's more than strength in Bleach. There's technique, experience, resolve, tactic, power type... The greatest evidence is Rukia, who, despite her exponentially small reiatsu in comparison to Aaroniero Arrurrueri, managed to impale his ridiculous glass head.

I really laughed at that Dragon Ball Z reference, though why you used that in response to my previous post just evades me. All of the comparisons and fight summaries I made are by the book, and I even stated in my previous post that there were flaws with my comparisons. However, flaws withstanding there shouldn't have been any need for a Dragon Ball Z reference. Though, if you really want to use that reference I'll just tell you that your Pot and Kettle-ing now. If you don't know the term, I'll understand.

Rukia defeated Aaroniero due to her skill in Kido and exploitation of his weaknesses, and still ended up practically on her death bed (which I consider more of a draw, to be perfectly honest), and It's not as if he was a top ranking Espada, he was #9, and the only Gillian based Arrancar among the Espada. So, using that fight as an example is just absurd, really.

Tousen got Grimm by surprise, that doesn't make him stronger. He could be, but we can't use that event as conclusive evidence. Grimm got Ulq by surprise when he locked him in negacion but Grimm is still weaker. :)

There Is a slight difference in the "surprise" aspect of those two situations, the difference being that Tousen completely obliterated one of Grimjow's limbs, while Grimmjow only exploited a power to temporarily neutralize. Given the nature of the ability also, seems very cheap and desperate. The fact that all of the Espada hold respect -- which to Hollow/Arrancar Respect and Fear are virtually the same thing -- to Aizen/Tousen/Gin means that they know the power the three possess, even as individuals. Although I am really just reaching in the dark here, as the Espada could just fear Aizen alone, but I think the trio all have a level of Respect/Fear from the Espada. For good reason too, I imagine.

Well to be fair, Ichigo was seriously exhausted and injured after his fight with Grimm, who he had the upperhand most of the time. Ichigo could have stood a chance against Nnoi or he couldn't, but we will most likely never know. :)

Those facts you stated above should speak volumes to you, as the fact that Ichigo was seriously injured by Grimmjow (#6). He then afterwards has to contend with Nnoitora (#5) who if his power is anywhere near comparable to Ulquiora (#4) who treated Ichigo like a novice, then you would imagine that even if fully healed there Isn't any evidence that Ichigo would win, let alone live. You are right though, we will most likely never know.

Actually Yoruichi calls the battle a draw, but since Kenpachi said he lost, we can go with that. As for Kenpachi, he can obviously grow stronger, him "loosing" to Ichigo does not mean that he is weaker than people that Ichigo can't contend with. Zaraki does not have a mastered shikai, he has no bankai, so his potential is off the charts. :)

I would have to agree with you that Kenpachi really does have a potential with no apparent end, and it may very well be that Ichigo "broke the dam" so to speak in his fight with Kenpachi, enabling Kenpachi to further his own abilities and raw potential. Though, it is true, there was no clear victor -- but the fact that Kenpachi considered it a loss.

Uryuu had to use a technique that was suicidal and increased his powers to ridiculous levels, most likely Uryuu at that time could have defeated other captains. Mayuri lost cuz he did not know about that technique (the glove removal), had he known about it, I doubt Uryuu would have "won". :)

The only problem with our hypothesizing on this matter is that we don't have a clear definition of how powerful Uryuu was in his released state against Mayuri, and how powerful he is now after regaining his Quincy powers (with alot of +'s too :) ) , too bad this isn't Dragon Ball Z, then at least we'd have Power Level comparisons. :D

Well considering ishida could be on Rukia's level I think he could have won, or he could have lost. :)

A bit of a baseless comparison, no?

Mayuri defeated Szayel effortlessly cuz he had info about Szayel from the start, he knew about Szayel's abilities and had a counter. I dunno what would happen if he had fought Szayel without knowing anything, Mayuri still might win, but the info about Szayel gave Mayuri a huge advantage. Mayuri could beat Aaroniero, but the factor in all of Mayuri's fight revolves with how much he knows about the opponent. :)

This Is also only one side of the fight, really. Yes, it was a major advantage that Mayuri had previous knowledge of Appolo, but then that Is his style alone. In comparison to other Shinigami, who have advantages and disadvantages based on their person style and Zanpakuto abilities, Mayuri's main advantage would have to be his scientific genius and proper planning. However, on the same note, Appolo's real downfall lay entirely on his mistake to rebirth himself through Nemu, which I would just consider poor planning and too much ego on Appolo's side.

Jehuty
January 27, 2008, 02:45 AM
I really laughed at that Dragon Ball Z reference, though why you used that in response to my previous post just evades me. All of the comparisons and fight summaries I made are by the book, and I even stated in my previous post that there were flaws with my comparisons. However, flaws withstanding there shouldn't have been any need for a Dragon Ball Z reference. Though, if you really want to use that reference I'll just tell you that your Pot and Kettle-ing now. If you don't know the term, I'll understand.Pot and kettling? Hardly. I was proving that x > y > z doesn't equal x > z in Bleach.

Rukia defeated Aaroniero due to her skill in Kido and exploitation of his weaknesses, and still ended up practically on her death bed (which I consider more of a draw, to be perfectly honest), and It's not as if he was a top ranking Espada, he was #9, and the only Gillian based Arrancar among the Espada. So, using that fight as an example is just absurd, really.

Oh yeah? He had her skewered. She managed to uncover his true form due to kidou. That's it. He had superior moves and reiatsu. She was as good as done for. A slight miscalculation on his part (glass head, duuuur) was evidence of his hamartia. If you don't understand the term, I'll understand.

D3M1URG3
January 27, 2008, 03:07 AM
Pot and kettling? Hardly. I was proving that x > y > z doesn't equal x > z in Bleach.

I see you missed the use and reference, but I didn't expect you to understand anyway, so it's ok. :)

Oh yeah? He had her skewered. She managed to uncover his true form due to kidou. That's it. He had superior moves and reiatsu. She was as good as done for. A slight miscalculation on his part (glass head, duuuur) was evidence of his hamartia. If you don't understand the term, I'll understand.

So now your pointing out the obvious physical detriments of the characters involved in your flawed example? lmao, you managed to repeat everything I said in my previous post regarding the fight between Rukia and Aaroniro, only you decided to add obvious details, pointless sarcasm and senseless pouting too. :thumbs

Jehuty
January 27, 2008, 03:13 AM
I see you missed the use and reference, but I didn't expect you to understand anyway, so it's ok. :)"Pot to kettle, you are black." Too bad you misused it, champ. What say we cut out the condescension, eh? Keep it friendly, as the rules dictate? Last time something like this came around, both parties ended up banned.

So now your pointing out the obvious physical detriments of the characters involved in your flawed example? lmao, you managed to repeat everything I said in my previous post regarding the fight between Rukia and Aaroniro, only you decided to add obvious details, pointless sarcasm and senseless pouting too. :thumbsSo tell me, sir, how is the example flawed? It fits. It shows that fights aren't decided by strength. That's the point. You seem to have missed that, caught up in condescension. Like I said earlier, shall we keep this civil?

notBowen
January 27, 2008, 03:24 AM
Anytime someone breaks out the greater than lesser than symbols in an argument about manga they're usually saying something rather flawed. Nothing in fiction is that concrete. Characters can do whatever the mangaka wants them to do, and often it can be quite a refreshing plot device to shatter previous conceptions of a character's limits via some over the top revelation that manga, and specifically Bleach, are nothing if not fond of.

D3M1URG3
January 27, 2008, 03:29 AM
"Pot to kettle, you are black." Too bad you misused it, champ. What say we cut out the condescension, eh? Keep it friendly, as the rules dictate? Last time something like this came around, both parties ended up banned.

I didn't misuse it, but that's ok. I used it due to your reference to DBZ, as to be honest there are quite a few comparisons between the two series (To naruto as well, but that's obvious), and ofcourse we can keep this civil! :D

So tell me, sir, how is the example flawed? It fits. It shows that fights aren't decided by strength. That's the point. You seem to have missed that, caught up in condescension. Like I said earlier, shall we keep this civil?

Your example Is flawed simply because I wasn't stating a pure strength factor in regards to the outcomes of the battles, and was making a broad generalization of my ideas on how the Nnoitora/Kenpachi will end using previous fights as a basis. No need to jump me for that, and certainly no need for all this, as all of this really boils down to opinion and the whim of the artist. So, let's leave our bickering at that, shall we?

Jehuty
January 27, 2008, 03:32 AM
I didn't misuse it, but that's ok. I used it due to your reference to DBZ, as to be honest there are quite a few comparisons between the two series (To naruto as well, but that's obvious), and ofcourse we can keep this civil! :D

Your example Is flawed simply because I wasn't stating a pure strength factor in regards to the outcomes of the battles, and was making a broad generalization of my ideas on how the Nnoitora/Kenpachi will end using previous fights as a basis. No need to jump me for that, and certainly no need for all this, as all of this really boils down to opinion and the whim of the artist. So, let's leave our bickering at that, shall we?

Wow. You're much more levelheaded than I thought, certainly more than the average forumer. God bless. Most would just continue, being more and more of a *censored, don't wanna infract* until I got caught in his wake and was banned as well. So, thank you very much for that, and we can indeed move along on our merry way.

TheChosenOne
January 27, 2008, 03:59 AM

Rukia had all the skill she needed but what was blocking her was the fact that Aaeroniero was still using Kaien's body. She couldn't attack him cuz she thought that would be like attacking Kaien. It wasn't until she realized that the body does not have Kaien's heart that she revelaed her third dance and defeated and killed Aaeroniero. Strength isn't the only factor, there are numerous others that decide the outcome. :)

There Is a slight difference in the "surprise" aspect of those two situations, the difference being that Tousen completely obliterated one of Grimjow's limbs, while Grimmjow only exploited a power to temporarily neutralize. Given the nature of the ability also, seems very cheap and desperate.That doesn't change the fact that both were caught by surprise, Grimm didn't see tousen coming, while Ulq didn't see Grimm. :)

The fact that all of the Espada hold respect -- which to Hollow/Arrancar Respect and Fear are virtually the same thing -- to Aizen/Tousen/Gin means that they know the power the three possess, even as individuals. Although I am really just reaching in the dark here, as the Espada could just fear Aizen alone, but I think the trio all have a level of Respect/Fear from the Espada. For good reason too, I imagine.Considering Grimm was about to kill tousen had Aizen not stopped him, I don't think that means tousen is respected. The espada's don't have the same demeanor when around Aizen as they do with Gin and Tousen, the Espada's and arrancar follow Aizen cuz he is fearless. :)

Those facts you stated above should speak volumes to you, as the fact that Ichigo was seriously injured by Grimmjow (#6). He then afterwards has to contend with Nnoitora (#5) who if his power is anywhere near comparable to Ulquiora (#4) who treated Ichigo like a novice, then you would imagine that even if fully healed there Isn't any evidence that Ichigo would win, let alone live. You are right though, we will most likely never know.I didn't say that Ichigo wasn't injured, in fact I think I added the word exhausted. Ichigo did hold the upperhand, he did it here (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-282/page008.html), after that there were some fists and kicks thrown, then Ichigo gains upperhand again (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-282/page014.html). The fact that Ichigo was tired after that was cuz he had to block Grimm attacks (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-282/page017.html) on Orihime, which Grimm states is very effective. Even after Grimm revealed his powerful attack, Ichigo cut (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-285/page013.html) through it, and then destroyed (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-285/page014.html) it, and he finally defeats (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-285/page020.html) Grimm. :)

Why would Nnoi power be nearer to Ulq's, he is ranked above, he is above Nnoi as Nnoi is above Grimm, why would there powers be closer just cuz he is ranked 5. If Nnoi is 3 times stronger than Grimm, most likely Ulq is 3 times stronger than Nnoi. It wouldn't make sense if Ulq was only 1.5 times stronger. :)

but the fact that Kenpachi considered it a loss.Ken considered a loss cuz Ichigo broke Ken's sword, like what happened with Byakuya. :)

The only problem with our hypothesizing on this matter is that we don't have a clear definition of how powerful Uryuu was in his released state against Mayuri.Considering he was able to defeat Mayuri's bankai in one shot, I would say that he was pretty darn powerful, so with that he could have defeated other captains at that level. :)

A bit of a baseless comparison, no? Speculation is a wonderful thing. :)

Yes, it was a major advantage that Mayuri had previous knowledge of Appolo, but then that Is his style alone. In comparison to other Shinigami, who have advantages and disadvantages based on their person style and Zanpakuto abilities, Mayuri's main advantage would have to be his scientific genius and proper planning.Each shingami's have that special cons and pros that match up perfectly with others. Like take Byakuya for instance, he won against Zomari cuz Byakuya had significantly higher numbers, what would had happened if he fought Szayel. Szayel could just use his voodoo doll and most likely bring Byakuya to his knees. :)

Appolo's real downfall lay entirely on his mistake to rebirth himself through Nemu, which I would just consider poor planning and too much ego on Appolo's side.That doesn't change, Mayuri defeated Szayel before that effortlessly, Szayel's abilities could do nothing to Mayuri. What would have happened if Nemu wasn't there, Szayel would have no options. :)

hollowdemon
January 27, 2008, 02:45 PM
well with the battle nnoitra and kenpachi is finally air timed by kubo, why would there be any doubters to kenpachi losing? sure it might be a good story line to fit if we finally see a side where kenpachi lose but that wouldnt fit him at all.
Theres always going to be advantages in the battle from both sides of the fight and at this point we're only seeing nnoitra's at the moment. Im not saying its going to be an easy win for kenpachi, hell he might be in the same state of injuries like when he fought ichigo but there should be no reason for kenpachi to lose :D

p.s - oh and any of the dbz type power level differences should be out the window for bleach since it wont be like that at all

birmymichelle
January 27, 2008, 06:34 PM
To the idea that his hollow hole is under his eye patch:

check out the page where Kenpachi is looking up at him dangling from his sword...there is blood on Ken-chan's face, like it was splattered there from the cut...I don't deny that it could be his hollow eye, but something spewed blood on Kenpachi's face.
[hr]
Oh, and yeah...Kenpachi losing doesn't really seem likely anymore. Especially after Kurotsuchi described him as a beast and kept others from helping him...

If you think about it, KT has always done what the public wants. He might have thrown in plot twists, but in the end, no matter how it happens, the characters we want to win usually win. And if they don't, Kubo always throws in another character we like. Example: when Ichigo got knocked out along with Nell, Kenpachi entered...While he might twist things up, I'm pretty sure he would never let Kenpachi lose...

Oh and, after living in Japan, I can tell you that they won't let him die off because Shonen Jump is making a killing off his character in Australia and Japan. The last thing the would let KT do is kill off a major money maker.

Jehuty
January 27, 2008, 07:08 PM
To the idea that his hollow hole is under his eye patch:

check out the page where Kenpachi is looking up at him dangling from his sword...there is blood on Ken-chan's face, like it was splattered there from the cut...I don't deny that it could be his hollow eye, but something spewed blood on Kenpachi's face.
[hr]
Oh, and yeah...Kenpachi losing doesn't really seem likely anymore. Especially after Kurotsuchi described him as a beast and kept others from helping him...

If you think about it, KT has always done what the public wants. He might have thrown in plot twists, but in the end, no matter how it happens, the characters we want to win usually win. And if they don't, Kubo always throws in another character we like. Example: when Ichigo got knocked out along with Nell, Kenpachi entered...While he might twist things up, I'm pretty sure he would never let Kenpachi lose...

Oh and, after living in Japan, I can tell you that they won't let him die off because Shonen Jump is making a killing off his character in Australia and Japan. The last thing the would let KT do is kill off a major money maker.
It's like I've said all the time. Kubo doesn't kill good guys.

IgnorantSage
January 28, 2008, 12:41 AM

Anyway, here goes:

Zaraki>Tousen
Tousen>Grimmjow
Ichigo>Grimmjow
Nnoitora>Ichigo

Meaning....

Zaraki>Nnoitora

It's pretty predictable that Zaraki is going to beat Noitora but where exactly does "Zaraki>Noitora" come in to the equation?
The conclusion can't be extracted from any of the previous statements.

hollowdemon
January 28, 2008, 12:43 AM
maybe in the very end or if some event happens between a certain character we would just add up who to subtract the character from. hopefully he'll cut someone off with a death and i mean the good guys :P

Jadedmariner
January 28, 2008, 01:51 AM
All we know about Noitora really is that Noitora can defeat opponents that are exhausted and/or badly injured. Zaraki is the only healthy opponent that Noitora has fought so far. I think we've gotten more knowledge of Noitora's battle strength in the short amount of time we've seen him against Zaraki than both of the other fights combined.

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 02:13 AM
Defeating injured and exhausted opponents is not a skill. Most likely all the eapada could have pounded on an injured ichigo. We know that nnoi has the strongest skin, the test for zaraki will be to cut through it, which will happen next chapter. :)

xmikeyxlikesitx
January 28, 2008, 02:35 AM
Umm...to me, the fights between characters really aren't like X > Y > Z

It's more like rock, paper, and scissors...basically each person has their own strengths and weaknesses, not just power ratings or whatever.

Anyway, I predict we see more action (possibly a flashback) of Nnoitra and Kenpachi (duh.)

Mayuri gets Uryuu and Renji all stitched up and we get to see whose legs were dangling (it musn't really be a big deal because they all stood around and gasped then were more concerned about healing each other and fighting and stuff.)

Nel should be healed about now (possibly a fight/reunion with Ulquiorra. Something tells me Nel was replaced by him, either that or he moved up or something twisted.)

The Kuchiki's might get a few seconds, maybe we'll see where Sado and *Gantenbain* are/what they're doing.

Unohana makes an appearance...maybe against *Hariberu*?

I'm hoping we see the REAL END (or don't see anything at all) of Szayel Aporro.

It's almost the end of winter in real-time...I'm hoping Tite doesn't begin it in like...June.

NagaKarat
January 28, 2008, 04:29 AM
How come nobody mentions how Nemu silenced Ishida. I wish I were Ishida :)

KyanWan
January 28, 2008, 06:48 AM

Because we've got a bunch of closet-perverts here. Come on, spit it out everyone. Man, I'd love and enjoy that. Ishida - complaining like that, lol.

But for that Tousen > Grimmjow , Zaraki > Tousen - therefore Zaraki > Nnoitra -

I'd put it more like this -

Tousen smacked Grimmjow
Zaraki smacked Tousen

So, we know at least this much :

By the Espada system, Nnoitra (5) is GREATER than Grimmjow (6) -

Tousen is greater than Grimmjow, but we don't know if he's greater than Nnoitra (? For certain at least.) Tousen qualifies to be (5) - technically.

Further --- Zaraki stops Nnoitra's attacks with his bare hands ( a-la Aizen. ) Nnoitra *dodges* a powerful shot and claims it's "instinct". He hasn't even tried to block one of Zaraki's attacks (barehanded) yet. Plus, Zaraki's not full power, PLUS he obviously has some kind of trick up his sleeve. [ HINT HINT HINT: Nnoitra: "You can't cut me with THAT SWORD!" ] ( And, he's not stabbing that left eye again. It's the right eye next time. ) If we speculate based on THIS info, we might be able to assume Zaraki's stronger, but it's not 100% certain. We haven't seen any proof ... yet.

So - therefore Zaraki's >= Nnoitra *( Either he's EQUAL, or possibly greater. ) ;)

patedecarne
January 28, 2008, 07:11 AM
Guys, Bleach isn't Dragon Ball Z, the comparsions ">", "<" and "=" doesn't always work:

Tousen > Grimmjow: a little no sense, Tousen cut off Grimm's arm when Grimm was looking to the other side, he wasn't expecting this blow, in this conditions, Tousen could rip off the arm of everyone in the series...

Noitora > Ichigo: Hitting an almost dead oponnent isn't exactly a way to compare powers, u know...

But kubo still have to explain us where did Kenpachi become so strong to fight and (very likely) defeat the 5 espada...

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 09:05 AM
Because we've got a bunch of closet-perverts here. Come on, spit it out everyone. Man, I'd love and enjoy that. Ishida - complaining like that, lol.

But for that Tousen > Grimmjow , Zaraki > Tousen - therefore Zaraki > Nnoitra -

I'd put it more like this -

Tousen smacked Grimmjow
Zaraki smacked Tousen

So, we know at least this much :

By the Espada system, Nnoitra (5) is GREATER than Grimmjow (6) -

Tousen is greater than Grimmjow, but we don't know if he's greater than Nnoitra (? For certain at least.) Tousen qualifies to be (5) - technically.

Further --- Zaraki stops Nnoitra's attacks with his bare hands ( a-la Aizen. ) Nnoitra *dodges* a powerful shot and claims it's "instinct". He hasn't even tried to block one of Zaraki's attacks (barehanded) yet. Plus, Zaraki's not full power, PLUS he obviously has some kind of trick up his sleeve. [ HINT HINT HINT: Nnoitra: "You can't cut me with THAT SWORD!" ] ( And, he's not stabbing that left eye again. It's the right eye next time. ) If we speculate based on THIS info, we might be able to assume Zaraki's stronger, but it's not 100% certain. We haven't seen any proof ... yet.

So - therefore Zaraki's >= Nnoitra *( Either he's EQUAL, or possibly greater. ) ;)
No, he's stronger. Kubo doesn't kill good guys, least of all the really, really, really liked ones.

As for Ishida and Nemu... God bless her enthusiasm. I'd love to be restrained by her any day.

patedecarne
January 28, 2008, 11:24 AM

Now that we have a new couple, Ishida will retire from his job as QUincy? Because won't be so easily to manage the work and the woman, but still, was good to see finally Ishida is become a responsible man, when he marries with Nemu, he will need grow up, but in the end, was worth, don't you guys agree? Nemu is beautiful, I'm sure they will be so happy with each other!!

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 12:11 PM
Tousen smacked Grimmjow

Tousen got Grimm by surprise, that doesn't make him necessarily stronger, Grimm did not see Tousen coming, and tousen then burned his arm. Grimm was about to kill tousen, then Aizen stated that if he moves, he will kill him. For Aizen to warn Grimm, most likely Tousen is weaker, and could be killed by Grimm. :)

Raizen
January 28, 2008, 12:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Zaraki will destroy Noitora. It's just a matter of time!!

Gigawolf1
January 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
In 308, we'll see Dordoni and Cirruci hanging in Szaeyal's lab, and the (obvious, obligatory) Ken vs. Noi. Bad-mouthing and slashing will follow. Ken will remove his eyepatch, after which Noi will check his (scouter) eye-patch and realize that (his power levels are over nine thousand) he's playing with someone without internal bleeding, leaving his power (whatever it may be) useless, forcing him to transform into (a giant monkey) his released state, or at least preparing to.

More distant future predictions:

- Ken's really a Perfect Arrancar

- Renji has been kicked out of Squad 6 and replaced with Hanataro

- Hallibel is Tres Espada, Stark is Dos, Old Guy without a Name is Uno (Ogwaniu)

- The Privaron + Grimmjow and Nel and friends are on Ichigo's side in the coming conflict

- The old guy from SS is really behind it all (He can beat Aizen; he doesn't care what he destroys, and his Shikai destroys a lot. Can't get near him the second he thinks you're there)

As for power comparisons, Tousen is the weakest. Why? He's shown his Bankai, and got beaten anyway. He's just there because he's immune to Aizen's power. Of course, battles all depend on the foe, and so Tousen could be useful against a number of enemies (#7's eye power would be utterly useless, and while most other Espada releases thus far wouldn't fair much better, #9's large size would prove troublesome to Tousen)

birmymichelle
January 28, 2008, 01:41 PM
So this is interesting.

We have only seen Noi defeat the injured, or defeat the strong via cowardly traps so I think it's safe to say that all the beef we have given to Noi, calling him awesome and all is a bunch of made up crap.

Not that I'm saying that he won't turn out to be a ba but as for right now, he hasn't defeated anyone of merit.

And last time i checked, he defeated Ichigo after Ichigo battled it out with Grimm...and Ichigo was not exactly 'prepped' for battle at that point. So it's not logical to say, 'Well since Ichigo beat Zaraki and Noi beat Ichigo, then Noi will beat Zaraki.'

If that made sense, then the most logical future situation would be exactly what Gigawolf1 said...Renji would be replaced by Hanataro. That makes mucho sense, yes?

Shiro-kun
January 28, 2008, 02:52 PM
And last time i checked, he defeated Ichigo after Ichigo battled it out with Grimm...and Ichigo was not exactly 'prepped' for battle at that point. So it's not logical to say, 'Well since Ichigo beat Zaraki and Noi beat Ichigo, then Noi will beat Zaraki.'

If that made sense, then the most logical future situation would be exactly what Gigawolf1 said...Renji would be replaced by Hanataro. That makes mucho sense, yes?

I have to agree with Noi taking was advantage over Ichigo bieng tiresome after his battle with Grimmjow so you cant use that logic and coudnt use it anyways as both Ichigo and (maybe) Kenpachi had both improve since the event at Soul Society

but im somewhat intrested in this fight than the other previous fights let it be a bloody battle:)

Hanataro replacing Renji :darn

Gigawolf1
January 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
Hanataro replacing Renji :darn

Hey, there're certain circumstances where it'd be not only possible, but likely. First of which, Hanataro's Shikai is a bit stronger then you may think (i.e. it has some). Second of which is that SS may want to re-organize the squads ;)

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hey, there're certain circumstances where it'd be not only possible, but likely. First of which, Hanataro's Shikai is a bit stronger then you may think (i.e. it has some). Second of which is that SS may want to re-organize the squads ;)
Also, Renji is an absolute pansy. Can't forget that.

Gigawolf1
January 28, 2008, 05:39 PM
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of they're short some captains, and sad as it may be, he's high up on the list of potential replacements

Shiro-kun
January 28, 2008, 05:50 PM
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of they're short some captains, and sad as it may be, he's high up on the list of potential replacements
Hanataro is good (somewhat,short timelimit) ...he can also be higher up but .:blink

Tsukisama
January 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
For captain replacements, unless some previously unknown characters are introduced, I think that it is safest to look to the vice-captains. Renji so far is the only known vc to achieve bankai; so, he is not out of the question (although they would have to be pretty desperate to choose him). Ikkaku, although not a vc, has achieved bankai presumably before Renji and might be more skilled with it, but I doubt he would ever agree to leave squad 11.

So...who else is there? :sweat Hopefully, the other vice captains have been training and are closing in on bankai; otherwise, I imagine there will only be ten SS captains for quite a while longer.

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 06:51 PM
You know that kid from way back when? The one Mayuri blew up to get Ishida and Orihime? Yeah? He has a better chance of becoming captain than Renji.

Shiro-kun
January 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
For captain replacements, unless some previously unknown characters are introduced, I think that it is safest to look to the vice-captains. Renji so far is the only known vc to achieve bankai; so, he is not out of the question (although they would have to be pretty desperate to choose him). Ikkaku, although not a vc, has achieved bankai presumably before Renji and might be more skilled with it, but I doubt he would ever agree to leave squad 11.

So...who else is there? :sweat Hopefully, the other vice captains have been training and are closing in on bankai; otherwise, I imagine there will only be ten SS captains for quite a while longer.
Ikkaku seems he doesnt want to and most current VC besides Renji lack bankai
so yeah it he maybe has to be someone unknown or if one of the VC achieves bankai besides Renji

You know that kid from way back when? The one Mayuri blew up to get Ishida and Orihime? Yeah? He has a better chance of becoming captain than Renji.
ROFL:tem

Marvstar
January 28, 2008, 07:18 PM
Ikkaku seems he doesnt want to and most current VC besides Renji lack bankai
so yeah it he maybe has to be someone unknown or if one of the VC achieves bankai besides Renji

ROFL:tem

Yuesh, when the Arranchars were attacking the first time, the "-beautiful-" guy was talking to Ikkaku, saying he should take Aizen's place, but Ikkaku replied with something about wanting to serve Kenpachi, cause he looked up to him so much.

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 07:23 PM
No matter what Nnoi did against Ichigo and Grimm and what he did against Nell in the past, he is still the number 5 espada. Which means he is stronger than Grimm, so we can expect something special in his release. :)

kweci
January 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
I'd love to see Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin step in as temporary captiains...

Shiro-kun
January 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
Yuesh, when the Arranchars were attacking the first time, the "-beautiful-" guy was talking to Ikkaku, saying he should take Aizen's place, but Ikkaku replied with something about wanting to serve Kenpachi, cause he looked up to him so much.
Yeah that was probably it and the anime had Renji ask him

No matter what Nnoi did against Ichigo and Grimm and what he did against Nell in the past, he is still the number 5 espada. Which means he is stronger than Grimm, so we can expect something special in his release. :)
Yep i expect a lot from his realesed form and also im wondering if Kenpachi has learned the name of his sword

if so or not it well be somewhat a interesting match

that would be nice ..

Gigawolf1
January 28, 2008, 07:33 PM

If someone else is close in power to getting Bankai, they're not letting anyone know, since they'd likely be at least Vice-Captain. On top of which, Ikkaku hides his Bankai specifically so that he doesn't leave Squad 11.

Marvstar
January 28, 2008, 07:54 PM

They would be the most suitable candidates in terms of power, however in terms of storyline... I guess it'll be impossible. Urahara is kind of the run away, and Yoruichi is his tag along chum.. I doubt they could ever return to the soul society. :(

Tsukisama
January 28, 2008, 08:43 PM

It would be cool to see them given more action, but I doubt that they will step in as captains.

Isshin would not leave his family, i.e., Yuzu and Karin, to stay busy in SS for long periods of time. He's all the family those girls have got with Ichigo always running away somewhere.

Urahara is content where he is, and I can't see him going back, especially if he were going back to lead one of the other squads and not squad 12. (It would be hilarious if Urahara did decide to come back and Yamamoto told Mayuri he's been demoted to squad 12 vice captain. "Sorry, Kurotsuchi, but in comparison to Urahara, you kind of suck; so, you're vice captain now." :XD)

As for Yoruichi, she would never leave Urahara's side to be a replacement captain even if it was temporary.

I doubt that anyone will take the 3rd, 5th, and 9th squad captain spots anytime soon. The vice captains are handling their squads just fine so far. (We've really actually only heard about Shuuhei. Kira is probably managing just fine, but Momo is still far too insane to likely handle the management of squad.)

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 08:51 PM
Dude, I would be alright with Urahara just waltizng into Hueco Mundo, Bankai-ing, whooping Yammy, and just leaving like the badass he is. Seeing Yoruichi's Bankai wouldn't hurt either.

Gigawolf1
January 28, 2008, 09:26 PM
Dude, I would be alright with Urahara just waltizng into Hueco Mundo, Bankai-ing, whooping Yammy, and just leaving like the badass he is. Seeing Yoruichi's Bankai wouldn't hurt either.

Urahara's Bankai would be insane. He probably controls people's blood and does all sorts of crazy stuff with them. Either that or he inadvertantly becomes very feminine when he does so (Bankai is an externilization of the spirit's form, and his is Benihime, Crimson Princess). Either would explain his reluctance to use it to help train Chad.

As for Yoruichi... Not even I have a thought :p

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 09:34 PM
Since Orihime is healing Ichigo, she has most likely finished healing Nell. I wonder which Nell will we see, the innocent child one or the adult one. I hope it's the adult once cuz she can give more depth to her character, other than saying itsygo. :)

Shiro-kun
January 28, 2008, 09:38 PM
Since Orihime is healing Ichigo, she has most likely finished healing Nell. I wonder which Nell will we see, the innocent child one or the adult one. I hope it's the adult once cuz she can give more depth to her character, other than saying itsygo. :)

Hopefully the older one cause that one is useful ;)

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 09:40 PM
True, she may be of help to Ichigo for controlling his hollow powers. She maybe able to teach his hollow attacks like cero, bara, and others. That would be totally sweet. :)

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hopefully the older one cause that one is useful ;)
And dead sexy. How the hell does Ichigo get all these crazy hot women? Jesus. I guess they think Zangetsu isn't overcompensation.
[hr]

Urahara's Bankai would be insane. He probably controls people's blood and does all sorts of crazy stuff with them. Either that or he inadvertantly becomes very feminine when he does so (Bankai is an externilization of the spirit's form, and his is Benihime, Crimson Princess). Either would explain his reluctance to use it to help train Chad.

As for Yoruichi... Not even I have a thought :p
I'd imagine it be something catlike. Maybe releases a giant feline thing.

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 10:42 PM
And dead sexy. How the hell does Ichigo get all these crazy hot women? Jesus. I guess they think Zangetsu isn't overcompensation.

Now Halibel also has a slight interest in Ichigo. :)

I'd imagine it be something catlike. Maybe releases a giant feline thing.

Isn't the cat theme taken by Yachiru since her reiatsu when formed appeared as a sort of cat. :)

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
Now Halibel also has a slight interest in Ichigo. :)

Isn't the cat theme taken by Yachiru since her reiatsu when formed appeared as a sort of cat. :)
Hell, I dunno, everything about Yoruichi screams "cat."

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 11:00 PM
Hell, I dunno, everything about Yoruichi screams "cat."

Oh, Sorry I though you were answering about Urahara's bankai :amuse, if that's the case then I agree Yoruichi's bankai or shikai has some sort of cat theme. :)

Jehuty
January 28, 2008, 11:02 PM
Oh, Sorry I though you were answering about Urahara's bankai :amuse, if that's the case then I agree Yoruichi's bankai or shikai has some sort of cat theme. :)
Oh, no, yeah, Urahara's Bankai is definitely not a cat. He's got something going on with blood or something... not a power type like Ichigo and Renji.

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
His shikai's powers closely resemble Hollow power's I wonder if there is a connection. Anyway prediction, I really wanna know about the bodies in Szayel's lab, that has my concentration more than the Zaraki fight for some reason. :)

KyanWan
January 28, 2008, 11:20 PM
His shikai's powers closely resemble Hollow power's I wonder if there is a connection. Anyway prediction, I really wanna know about the bodies in Szayel's lab, that has my concentration more than the Zaraki fight for some reason. :)

I've got to agree with that atm. As kewl as the Kenpachi fight was leading to be ... Mayuri summed it all up -

A couple of beasts who have given up eating raw meat - they want to eat it while it's still saying "moo". Sigh ... sure, it's going to be good - but ... :P We got a little ... just a little teaser there.

Wonder what the hell Szayel was doing with em.

birmymichelle
January 28, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hey back at the idea of Renji being a captain...

While everyone was kind of downplaying the idea, you have to remember that Renji was kind of thrusted into a captain's world when the whole Aizen dealio went down.

I think that Kubo plays him up a lot...too much even. He plays up Renji's attitude and so we lose respect for him when he doesn't match up with this attitude. However, I think that when he needs to, he kicks some major butt.

Oh, and, you forget that Renji has a 'large' bankai and even captain kuchiki said that it would take him an additional ten years to be good with it. I think we compare him to Ichigo considering Ichigo mastered his so quickly...but then his is more speed and a smaller blade...it's like taking a load off of him after that giant zanpaktou he swings around, so it must have been that much more easier for him to be good at it.

So maybe not now, but I think Renji's got what it takes.

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 11:29 PM
I have nothing against renji, but if a shingami is supposed to become a captain I would pick ikkaku. I think he is a better fighter and makes better decisions. Plus his bankai rocks, them blades be crazy. :)

Neuroff
January 28, 2008, 11:31 PM
His powers weren't like hollows, he said he used a similar attack to cancel out Yami's cero. That just means the attacks were at about the same power.

TheChosenOne
January 28, 2008, 11:43 PM
Thats why I said resemble, his red circle attack looks like bara attacks. :)

Jehuty
January 29, 2008, 02:34 AM
Hey back at the idea of Renji being a captain...

While everyone was kind of downplaying the idea, you have to remember that Renji was kind of thrusted into a captain's world when the whole Aizen dealio went down.

I think that Kubo plays him up a lot...too much even. He plays up Renji's attitude and so we lose respect for him when he doesn't match up with this attitude. However, I think that when he needs to, he kicks some major butt.

Oh, and, you forget that Renji has a 'large' bankai and even captain kuchiki said that it would take him an additional ten years to be good with it. I think we compare him to Ichigo considering Ichigo mastered his so quickly...but then his is more speed and a smaller blade...it's like taking a load off of him after that giant zanpaktou he swings around, so it must have been that much more easier for him to be good at it.

So maybe not now, but I think Renji's got what it takes.
It's not the size of the Zanpakutou that determines the rate of improvement. It's about the talent of the individual. Standardly, it takes ten or more additional years to improve Bankai. But Urahara and Aizen have both noted that Ichigo's most frightening strength is not his impressive spiritual fortitude, but his rate of development - Shinigami powers restored in three days, Shikai in a few minutes, Bankai in less than three days (less than Urahara), strength with that Bankai to defeat the most famous of the captains (something Renji sucked horribly at), and in total, he's only had about a few weeks of training. Renji's been training his entire life to strengthen himself, and he constantly gets whooped.

We can also look at it in terms of losses and wins. Renji is like 5 and 1. Shall we recap?

vs. Ichigo on Earth - Looked like he was going to win, then got his ass beat.
vs. Ichigo in Soul Society - Looked like he was going to win, then got his ass beat.
vs. Byakuya in Soul Society - Looked like he was going to win for however briefly, then got his ass beat.
vs. Aizen in Soul Society - Kinda looked like he could do something, but then got his ass beat.
vs. Illforte Granz on Earth - Ooh! Check it out! He actually looked like he was losing, and then won. Yaaay, Renji, you're awesome, you did it! Oh, wait, what's that you say? You probably would have lost if the limit release hadn't surprised him? Aw, you suck again.
vs. Szayel Apporo Granz in Hueco Mundo - This was just pitiful. No Bankai against an Espada, getting his ass whooped until Ishida arrived to save his spiky red-haired ass. Then, following the pattern, it looked like they were going to win until they got horribly raped. Then Mayuri showed up like "sup" and ripped him a new one.

Meanwhile, we have Byakuya, who is like 1 and 3 and Ichigo who is... shit, man, lemme think about this... 3 and 11, but in terms of long-term fights, 2 and 12, and soon, probably, 1 and 13.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Renji is an absolute pansy and Hanatarou could whoop him.
[hr]

Thats why I said resemble, his red circle attack looks like bara attacks. :)
Urahara's "Na-ke" (sing/scream) is like Getsuga Tenshou. It's just a huge burst of energy, able to blast back a cero.

Jadedmariner
January 29, 2008, 03:45 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Kubo had Ichigo and Nell fail just to get them healed in time for when Ulq returns. Considering Nell is the old #3 and a healed Ichigo in vaizard form seems to be able to put up a fight they might be capable of winning. I'm not sure that it will happen, but at the very least they should be capable of giving ample time for the others to escape if necessary.

Jehuty
January 29, 2008, 03:50 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Kubo had Ichigo and Nell fail just to get them healed in time for when Ulq returns. Considering Nell is the old #3 and a healed Ichigo in vaizard form seems to be able to put up a fight they might be capable of winning. I'm not sure that it will happen, but at the very least they should be capable of giving ample time for the others to escape if necessary.
Dude, last we saw, the best Hollow Ichigo could do was ruin an unreleased Ulquiorra's shirt. Unless Ichigo's Saiyajin blood kicks in, don't count on him standing a chance.

Jadedmariner
January 29, 2008, 03:54 AM
I have to disagree with that assessment based on the fact he again wasn't at full strength. I don't by any means think he is capable of beating Ulquiorra one vs. one, but I believe he would be capable of assisting Nell in a a fight. He's definately weaker than Ulquiorra, but I think fully healthy he is capable of being significantly more of an annoyance than he was in their half second fight. The real question is how powerful Nell really is since we never got to see the true extent of her powers since she went Chibi the second she tried to use them.

Jehuty
January 29, 2008, 03:58 AM
I have to disagree with that assessment based on the fact he again wasn't at full strength. I don't by any means think he is capable of beating Ulquiorra one vs. one, but I believe he would be capable of assisting Nell in a a fight. He's definately weaker than Ulquiorra, but I think fully healthy he is capable of being significantly more of an annoyance than he was in their half second fight. The real question is how powerful Nell really is since we never got to see the true extent of her powers since she went Chibi the second she tried to use them.
Quoth, Ichigo - "I'm going all out."

Seeeeems like he was blasting all his power out.

Jadedmariner
January 29, 2008, 04:18 AM
Which is of course followed with Nell scolding him for using Vaizard form in such a weakened and battered state. Saying you are going all out is a reference to how much of your current power you are using not how that relates to your actual health and energy remaining. If I'm at 75% I can still say I'm going all out and use the remaining 75% I have left, which is basically what he did. Like I said Ulquiorra would clearly defeat Ichigo 1 vs. 1, but I believe Ichigo + Nell is more than enough to cause a diversion when Ulquiorra is released and may even be able to defeat him if they both can fight at 100%.

Jehuty
January 29, 2008, 04:22 AM
Which is of course followed with Nell scolding him for using Vaizard form in such a weakened and battered state. Saying you are going all out is a reference to how much of your current power you are using not how that relates to your actual health and energy remaining. If I'm at 75% I can still say I'm going all out and use the remaining 75% I have left, which is basically what he did. Like I said Ulquiorra would clearly defeat Ichigo 1 vs. 1, but I believe Ichigo + Nell is more than enough to cause a diversion when Ulquiorra is released and may even be able to defeat him if they both can fight at 100%.
I think Ichigo, fully healed, may just be strong enough. He's able to hold the mask for a much longer time now, and who knows how he'll be with it when he recovers fully. Like I said, he gets stronger every time he heals... and really, for all Ulquiorra's done, I think Ichigo would want to take him himself.

dreamzsai
January 29, 2008, 05:02 AM
Ichigo needs to go crazy like how his hollow counterpart did when it came out to fight Byakuya.
If not, i dont think he'll be beating Ulquiora. Ichigo just isnt making use of his speed, which makes him as good as not having Bankai.

Aonsaithya
January 29, 2008, 06:09 AM
On Ichigo getting stronger every time he is healed, that is indeed a bit weird. How so? After getting almost (or really) killed by Ulquiorra (did Inoue reverse death or not, argh?) and getting healed by Inoue, he could keep the mask on for far longer than ever before. It broke after two attacks when fighting with Ulquiorra.
Also, the huge Vizard stated that Ichigos second fight with Grimmjow left some tainted reaitsu, and thus the injuries could not be completely healed. (although Inoue apparently healed some of all of it later)

More to the point, Inoue couldn't heal Ichigo after his clash-up with Ulquiorra, stating "An incredible reaitsu is wrapped up deep within his wounds...I can't reject it..."

Perhaps this means that Ichigo atm is incapable of operating at full strenght, thus paving way for the next power-up?

patedecarne
January 29, 2008, 06:11 AM
After some research here, I've concluded that unreleased Ulquiorra has the same power that Released Grimmjow, so at least Ichigo with hollow mask could defeat a unreleased 4º espada

research: look at the beginning of Grimm vs Ichigo with hollow mask: Ichigo sent a getsuga tenshou, and Grimm just countered this GT with a single hand, and when Ichigo fought against Ulquiorra, Ulqui was pushed behind by Ichigo, and to counter GT, he used both hands, so one could say that Ulquiorra is weaker than released grimmjow, but I'm putting a edge, like if unreleased Ulquiorra has more powers hiddens, but until now:

Grimmjow released = Ulquiorra unreleased

Jehuty
January 29, 2008, 06:19 AM
After some research here, I've concluded that unreleased Ulquiorra has the same power that Released Grimmjow, so at least Ichigo with hollow mask could defeat a unreleased 4º espada

research: look at the beginning of Grimm vs Ichigo with hollow mask: Ichigo sent a getsuga tenshou, and Grimm just countered this GT with a single hand, and when Ichigo fought against Ulquiorra, Ulqui was pushed behind by Ichigo, and to counter GT, he used both hands, so one could say that Ulquiorra is weaker than released grimmjow, but I'm putting a edge, like if unreleased Ulquiorra has more powers hiddens, but until now:

Grimmjow released = Ulquiorra unreleased
I disagree. Ichigo was stronger when he fought Grimmjow the final time. He was able to match his unreleased state (aside from Gran Rey) with Bankai, something he'd never been able to do before, and was able to keep the Hollow mask on several times longer than before. I'd wager Ulquiorra unreleased > Pantera.

patedecarne
January 29, 2008, 06:36 AM
Yeah, you're right about this, in the first fight between the two, even with bankai, Ichigo was completely being owned by Grimmjow, in the second fight, even with hollow mask wasn't easy to hurt Grimmjow, something totally different from their third fight, but I still have an explanation to this: Ichigo's will.

Yeah, the same will he had in SS; in that time, he could do anything with his spirit and will, but until his third fight in HM with Grimmjow, his "will" was completely gone, and he could only take it back when he realized that he must fight to protect Inoue and all his friends, and I'm sure a lost will could be a huge problem in a fight, because you'll be much weaker and couldn't access his full power; IMO, if he has this will in the first fight with grimmjow, the things would be totally differents..

Streifen
January 29, 2008, 11:55 AM
so do you guys think that the hollow mask stays longer now? not only 10-11 secs?.... because the last time ichigo used it, it stayed quite long. i hope he would still train it though... i dont like seeing him depend on that mask all the time... look at shinji, he doesnt use his mask, but still owns... im still thinking that vizards have the upperhand against arrancars, because they have release, bankai and mask while arrancars only have releases.... i dont get it why ichigo needs to go bankai and use the mask to keep up with grimm while shinji just used his mask without even releasing and be able own grimmjoww.... considering the fact that he has a strong reiatsu... come to think of it, he really hasnt trained that much to hone all the sides of his powers... i believe he hasn't even released his full potential on either sides, but he can use them though.... those are just my thoughts..... because what i can see now is kinda like an incomplete form of ichigo....

ShaunMati1
January 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
I dont think Ichigo needs to train his hollow, his hollow told him if he wants to fully control the power he has to stay alive before he comes back. Now why train something that is gonna be challenged for control one last time it seems. Lol if it were me i would wait for hollow ichigo and then control all the power and become king. One thing i hope ichigo does train is his bankai. I dont know about u guys but his bankai cant do much of anything anymore, just because his speed is great he cant kill anyone unless he goes hollow. There has to be more to his bankai because like byakuya said "Something that small....is bankai?" I hope and wish there is more to ichigos bankai. I hope after this arc we see zengetsu and hollow ichigo, things i loved to see during SS and a little bit after it. I also hope Grimm comes back with the crew and be the Kenpachi of ichigos crew lol.

TheChosenOne
January 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
Urahara's "Na-ke" (sing/scream) is like Getsuga Tenshou. It's just a huge burst of energy, able to blast back a cero.

Could be, but both the attacks just look similar (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-235/page008.html), bara is red, and so is Urahara's attack that he used on yammi the second time.

I disagree. Ichigo was stronger when he fought Grimmjow the final time. He was able to match his unreleased state (aside from Gran Rey) with Bankai, something he'd never been able to do before, and was able to keep the Hollow mask on several times longer than before. I'd wager Ulquiorra unreleased > Pantera.

What if Ulq unreleased is as strong as Nnoi released full power. That would really be too far for Ichigo. :)

Jehuty
January 29, 2008, 03:31 PM
Could be, but both the attacks just look similar (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-235/page008.html), bara is red, and so is Urahara's attack that he used on yammi the second time.

What if Ulq unreleased is as strong as Nnoi released full power. That would really be too far for Ichigo. :)
Well, we knew Benihime before we knew Bala, and we'd only seen a Cero once. At that point, Urahara changes the strength of his attack to match the Bala's.

Yo, I really hope the Ulquiorra battle kicks at least twice as much ass as the Grimmjow fight. Kubo's been building it up quite a bit.

Raizen
January 29, 2008, 03:44 PM
If ulquiorra enters the fight, the only one that will stand a chance is unohana, if she is as strong as we think she is. All the other captains are still recovering from their fight and unohana will have to step up considering the fact that she is a senior??
If Uki or shunsui is in HM, it might be one of them who hold back ulqiuorra

TheChosenOne
January 29, 2008, 03:45 PM
Well, we knew Benihime before we knew Bala, and we'd only seen a Cero once. At that point, Urahara changes the strength of his attack to match the Bala's.

True, what about the Cero from Menos which happened during the earlier chapter. :)

Yo, I really hope the Ulquiorra battle kicks at least twice as much ass as the Grimmjow fight. Kubo's been building it up quite a bit.

Agreed:)
Ulq has a lot of build up to his fight, and Kubo needs to deliver. I just wish that Kubo doesn't give more power without reason. Ichigo needs to leave HM and get stronger, or I would like if the hollow fought Ulq, that would be awesome. :)

Neuroff
January 29, 2008, 04:36 PM
so do you guys think that the hollow mask stays longer now? not only 10-11 secs?.... because the last time ichigo used it, it stayed quite long. i hope he would still train it though... i dont like seeing him depend on that mask all the time... look at shinji, he doesnt use his mask, but still owns... im still thinking that vizards have the upperhand against arrancars, because they have release, bankai and mask while arrancars only have releases.... i dont get it why ichigo needs to go bankai and use the mask to keep up with grimm while shinji just used his mask without even releasing and be able own grimmjoww.... considering the fact that he has a strong reiatsu... come to think of it, he really hasnt trained that much to hone all the sides of his powers... i believe he hasn't even released his full potential on either sides, but he can use them though.... those are just my thoughts..... because what i can see now is kinda like an incomplete form of ichigo....
How exactly can you say that Shinji doesn't use his mask? The vizards all immediately put on their masks when they start fighting.

bradz22
January 29, 2008, 04:50 PM
It's almost the end of winter in real-time...I'm hoping Tite doesn't begin it in like...June.

in the southern hemisphere, winter here in new zealand and aussieland starts in june. so yeah, there's a probability that it will start in june.

KyanWan
January 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
in the southern hemisphere, winter here in new zealand and aussieland starts in june. so yeah, there's a probability that it will start in june.

Meh - Remember - the timeline isn't the same as the real world of course. I mean, these battles aren't lasting two weeks. :P

We might see the winter war ... NEXT WINTER. XD

A note I've got to contribute about Ichigo -

Isshin has been POUNDING on him for years. We all should know that. Isshin was preparing Ichigo for the inevitable - by training him for combat over his whole life. So, it's not like he's just going in completely green ( or, white - if you're into martial arts ;) ) - Ichigo's had a lifetime of training up to this point. It's until recently that he's picked up being a shinigami, THOUGH, he has been prepared in other ways.

So, sure - his growth is impressive, but he's not completely 100% noob, now that I think of it.

( But Ichigo still a noob. ;) )

Hockeychaoz
January 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
Meh - Remember - the timeline isn't the same as the real world of course. I mean, these battles aren't lasting two weeks. :P

We might see the winter war ... NEXT WINTER. XD

A note I've got to contribute about Ichigo -

Isshin has been POUNDING on him for years. We all should know that. Isshin was preparing Ichigo for the inevitable - by training him for combat over his whole life. So, it's not like he's just going in completely green ( or, white - if you're into martial arts ;) ) - Ichigo's had a lifetime of training up to this point. It's until recently that he's picked up being a shinigami, THOUGH, he has been prepared in other ways.

So, sure - his growth is impressive, but he's not completely 100% noob, now that I think of it.

( But Ichigo still a noob. ;) )

http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-286/page004.html

I was just reading that chapter and anyone think theres any chance that GJ was stabbed in the soul chain?

Interesting turn of events if he was.

Raizen
January 29, 2008, 09:22 PM
What is the soul chain again??
Anyways i believe that we will most likely see unohana in battle. Either she will make quick work of released yammi or she will push ulquiorra to point where he has to released but then aizen will stop him just before he does and everyone escapes!!

genkizen
January 29, 2008, 11:44 PM
how long do you guys think its been since grimmy trapped ulq in that dimension? I hope he comes out soon and tears everyone a new garbage disposal unit =)

havoc19
January 30, 2008, 01:00 AM
how long do you guys think its been since grimmy trapped ulq in that dimension? I hope he comes out soon and tears everyone a new garbage disposal unit =)

imagine if Ulqi did an itachi and went beserk,lol

Oni Shinigami
January 30, 2008, 01:07 AM
imagine if Ulqi did an itachi and went beserk,lol

That would be hilarious.

But it wouldn't make any sense. =/

ShaunMati1
January 30, 2008, 02:00 AM
if ulquiorra returns, he would change the whole scene of where this is going. If he comes back, who fights him, unohana and gets her ass whooped. Ulquiorra and NNoi have a huge difference in power, if u dont recall ichigo stopped nnois attack to grim. But ulqiorra kicked ichigos ass with one hand. I doubt anyone can stop ulquiorra and above. What i predict is that after Kens fight and everyone leaves, thats when Ulquiorra comes out and asks where grimjow went, and NNoi will be on the floor hurt saying he left with the Ryoka and Shinigami.

hollowdemon
January 30, 2008, 04:47 AM
might wanna put that in the spoiler thread and let them know that you have a piece to offer which im sure a lot of our members would appreciate :D

ulquiorra going berserk wouldnt be his character just like how kenpachi doesnt lose but its pretty inevitable if it comes to a point where he's the "vegeta" type where he loses and just goes berserk that he's defeated.
most likely ill predict more of kenpachi being shown that hes losing more but then all of a sudden a bounce back slash by kenpachi and nnoitra realized that hes been taken a fool by him thus making him release in the end, but i would want a little bit of unohana, byakuya or mayuris location situation though

Shishou
January 30, 2008, 05:10 AM
I would have if they would stop locking the spoiler threads til Wednesday. I understand on Naruto, but Bleach rarely gets fakes.

gigantor21
January 30, 2008, 11:30 AM
Okay, guys.

I moved all the spoiler stuff to the spoiler threads, and opened them. Next time, PLEASE PM me or one of the mods when you get the spoilers--we do get fakes once in a while, Shishou, so we want to control for that. I check my mail, like, 4 times a day, and come here all the time, so if you PM something to me I'll take care of it quickly.

Thanks.

TheChosenOne
January 30, 2008, 02:25 PM
most likely ill predict more of kenpachi being shown that hes losing more but then all of a sudden a bounce back slash by kenpachi and nnoitra realized that hes been taken a fool by him thus making him release in the end, but i would want a little bit of unohana, byakuya or mayuris location situation though

Agreed:)
That is what has happened in the other fights, so most likely Kubo will follow the same concept in this fight as well. Nnoi will have the upper hand, then Ken will, forcing Nnoi to release, then Nnoi will have the upper hand, then Ken gets it back and most likely kills Nnoi. :)

hollowdemon
January 30, 2008, 05:29 PM
unless theres a twist to that which could include ulquiorra getting back out or perhaps someone steps in from the las noches side.
i really do hope for an appearance by gin just to make things more tense but even with gin showing up. He never really give any sort of information whatsoever when he manage to show up but i wouldnt mind since hopefully we might see byakuya in the midst of it :P

TheChosenOne
January 30, 2008, 06:36 PM
If Ulq comes out it will be overkill, I don't think any captain with the exception of Unohana can handle Ulq, I think if Ulq does come out it will happen after everyone leaves, but considering Aizen will not let Orihime leave, someone will have to fight Ulq. Maybe Ichigo and Nell could take care or Unohana will get an espada battle after all. :)

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 06:40 PM
If Ulq comes out it will be overkill, I don't think any captain with the exception of Unohana can handle Ulq, I think if Ulq does come out it will happen after everyone leaves, but considering Aizen will not let Orihime leave, someone will have to fight Ulq. Maybe Ichigo and Nell could take care or Unohana will get an espada battle after all. :)

That would just be heavenly if the 4th espada fought the squad 4 captain. I want this arc to be over soon, but if it is prolonged for a fight featuring Unohana, then I am all for it.

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 06:49 PM
Why... would Unohana out of anyone be able to deal with Ulquiorra?

TheChosenOne
January 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
Why... would Unohana out of anyone be able to deal with Ulquiorra?

Cuz I don't think Byakuya, Ken or Mayuri can fight Ulq since they all fought their respective espada. Unohana is the only captain left, unless more captain's are coming, I think Unohana should fight Ulq. :)

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 06:53 PM
Cuz I don't think Byakuya, Ken or Mayuri can fight Ulq since they all fought their respective espada. Unohana is the only captain left, unless more captain's are coming, I think Unohana should fight Ulq. :)
Why do you hate her so much?

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 07:00 PM
Wanting to see Unohana fight is nowhere near close to hating her. Unohana is probably my favorite SS captain, and I would love to see her in a fight. I don't think she is as weak as many people seem to think, and this would be the perfect opportunity for her to prove it.

TheChosenOne
January 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
Why do you hate her so much?

How is wanting to see her fight, hating her ? :confused

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
Wanting to see Unohana fight is nowhere near close to hating her. Unohana is probably my favorite SS captain, and I would love to see her in a fight. I don't think she is as weak as many people seem to think, and this would be the perfect opportunity for her to prove it.
I'd love to see her fight too, but not against Ulquiorra. Vasto Lordes are more powerful than captains as Hollows, as Arrancar... Well, sufficed to say, she's not as old as old as Yama, as famous as Byakuya, as badass as Kenpachi, as twisted as Mayuri, or just insanely wtfhax strong as Aizen. She's also from Fourth Company, the weakest company in terms of combat.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'd love to see her fight too, but not against Ulquiorra. Vasto Lordes are more powerful than captains as Hollows, as Arrancar... Well, sufficed to say, she's not as old as old as Yama, as famous as Byakuya, as badass as Kenpachi, as twisted as Mayuri, or just insanely wtfhax strong as Aizen. She's also from Fourth Company, the weakest company in terms of combat.

Just because her squad members are generally weak, doesn't mean she herself is weak. Among Ukitake, Kyoraku, and Unohana, they are the oldest captains after Yamamoto and have the highest stats (with Unohana's databook stats actually being slightly higher than Uki and Kyoraku).

Is she is famous as Byakuya? Probably not. She is reserved, demure woman and does not strike me as the type to seek the limelight. Her fame, however, is no indication of weakness.

Is she as badass as Kenpachi? She's not badass in the same way as Kenpachi, but I think her super polite demeanor being backed with incredible power and skill would be just as badass.

Twisted as Mayuri? Definitely not, but who in SS is really?

Insanely wtfhax strong as Aizen? Like I stated of the captains, she has the third highest stats; so, that is pretty strong. Obviously, she is not at Aizen's or Yamamoto's level, but she could very well be one of the strongest captains.

It's usually the quiet ones that you have to watch out for the most. :hbunny

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 07:32 PM
Just because her squad members are generally weak, doesn't mean she herself is weak. Among Ukitake, Kyoraku, and Unohana, they are the oldest captains after Yamamoto and have the highest stats (with Unohana's databook stats actually being slightly higher than Uki and Kyoraku).

Is she is famous as Byakuya? Probably not. She is reserved, demure woman and does not strike me as the type to seek the limelight. Her fame, however, is no indication of weakness.

Is she as badass as Kenpachi? She's not badass in the same way as Kenpachi, but I think her super polite demeanor being backed with incredible power and skill would be just as badass.

Twisted as Mayuri? Definitely not, but who in SS is really?

Insanely wtfhax strong as Aizen? Like I stated of the captains, she has the third highest stats; so, that is pretty strong. Obviously, she is not at Aizen's or Yamamoto's level, but she could very well be one of the strongest captains.

It's usually the quiet ones that you have to watch out for the most. :hbunny
Trust me. She's not strong enough to fight Ulquiorra. Not even Hollow Ichigo could do anything more than ruin his shirt.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 07:36 PM
Trust me. She's not strong enough to fight Ulquiorra. Not even Hollow Ichigo could do anything more than ruin his shirt.

Maybe... I guess we'll just have to see what happens. :hbunny

TheChosenOne
January 30, 2008, 08:04 PM

How are you gonna compare Vaizard Ichigo to Unohana,, he is weak cuz he has not mastered his powers, where as Unohana is a senior captain and may have mastered her powers like Aizen, except maybe not to the exact limit. Remember how she scared the crap out of the 11th squad members. :)

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 08:19 PM
How are you gonna compare Vaizard Ichigo to Unohana,, he is weak cuz he has not mastered his powers, where as Unohana is a senior captain and may have mastered her powers like Aizen, except maybe not to the exact limit. Remember how she scared the crap out of the 11th squad members. :)
Because, as someone said, she's third in stats. Not nearly as powerful as a Vasto Lorde.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 08:23 PM
Because, as someone said, she's third in stats. Not nearly as powerful as a Vasto Lorde.

Just because she's third doesn't mean she's weak. Her stats are still impressively high. We all think that Kenpachi is going beat Nnoi, and his stats are nearly as good as hers.

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 09:04 PM
Just because she's third doesn't mean she's weak. Her stats are still impressively high. We all think that Kenpachi is going beat Nnoi, and his stats are nearly as good as hers.
Ah, yes. I forgot that meant she could defeat a Vasto Lorde Arrancar.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ah, yes. I forgot that meant she could defeat a Vasto Lorde Arrancar.

No, it doesn't imply necessarily that, but it does imply that she is third powerful after Aizen and Yamamoto, whom we could assume are extremely powerful, perhaps capable of taking on a Vasto Lorde. All I'm saying is that maybe you are underestimating her a bit too much. Plus, we don't have any solid proof that Ulquiorra is a Vasto Lorde either; he just looks like the silhouette we saw in the example of one. There is enough reasonable doubt for it to be possible for Unohana to match against Ulquiorra.

Jehuty
January 30, 2008, 09:26 PM
No, it doesn't imply necessarily that, but it does imply that she is third powerful after Aizen and Yamamoto, whom we could assume are extremely powerful, perhaps capable of taking on a Vasto Lorde. All I'm saying is that maybe you underestimating a bit too much. Plus, we don't have any solid proof that Ulquiorra is a Vasto Lorde either; he just looks like the silhouette we saw in the example of one. There is enough reasonable doubt for it to be possible for Unohana to match against Ulquiorra.
I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum of money on both of those.

xmikeyxlikesitx
January 30, 2008, 11:23 PM
I wonder what the Exequias are really there for...the reiatsu readings?

What if...Aizen is having the Exequias bring half-dead Arrancar to Vasto Lorde Hollows as like...a peace offering? I think it'd be interesting if he cannabalized them...to like...boost Adjuchas to Vasto Lordes by making it a big food fest.

And in relation to the next chapter...everything about Nnoitra screams "snake" (lizard?). (Let's just leave it at reptile...)

Unohana needs to do some fighting.

dreamzsai
January 30, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hmm, i've been thinking of how Ichigo got his "powerups", remember Hachi said something like there is some Arrancar reiatsu in his wounds and that he would do better to stay away from the Vaizards as they have similar reiatsu?
Then Orihime was saying there is reiatsu in Ichigo's wound which she cant reject(Ulquiora's)...

Maybe Ichigo's powers improved due to this Hollow sort of reiatsu like how Sado said his powers started to settle and reveal after coming to Hueco Mundo. Perhaps Ichigo should start living in Hueco Mundo too xD

I think Ulquiora would probably come out after Kenpachi's fight, then i predict one of 2 things happening:
1.Orihime heals Nell and she reverts to her "adult" form, and offers to fend off Ulquiora as a form of paying back to Ichigo. Ichigo and Co. then retreats.
2.Orihime heals Grimmjaw, and Ulquiora pops back out. Grimmjaw and Ulquiora settles their unfinished fight and business. Ichigo and Co. escapes.

patedecarne
January 31, 2008, 06:01 AM
I think Ulquiora would probably come out after Kenpachi's fight, then i predict one of 2 things happening:
1.Orihime heals Nell and she reverts to her "adult" form, and offers to fend off Ulquiora as a form of paying back to Ichigo. Ichigo and Co. then retreats.
2.Orihime heals Grimmjaw, and Ulquiora pops back out. Grimmjaw and Ulquiora settles their unfinished fight and business. Ichigo and Co. escapes.

I'm with his predictions, dreamzsai, and I'd like to add one more:

3º option: another captain shows up in the battlefield: since the beginning, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Ukitake will fight with Ulquiorra, sure Ichigo should be the most apropriate person to fight with him, but Ichigo alread fought so much: Dordoni, Ulquiorra, then Grimmjow and finally Noitora, and he needs another power up, and I think Ukitake will have his moment against Ulquiorra

Marvstar
January 31, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm with his predictions, dreamzsai, and I'd like to add one more:

3º option: another captain shows up in the battlefield: since the beginning, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Ukitake will fight with Ulquiorra, sure Ichigo should be the most apropriate person to fight with him, but Ichigo alread fought so much: Dordoni, Ulquiorra, then Grimmjow and finally Noitora, and he needs another power up, and I think Ukitake will have his moment against Ulquiorra

Didn't Urahara have a little moment against Ulquiorra? Picking a character to match up against Ulquiorra is quite difficult because of the range of possible candidates... Though Ichigo would be most suited to fight him due to the scenes of him mistreating Inoue and fundamentally bringing her to the HM in the first place, he also has had a lot of screentime lately... So it'll be difficult to predict which way this is gonna go. :notrust

Jehuty
January 31, 2008, 04:47 PM
Didn't Urahara have a little moment against Ulquiorra? Picking a character to match up against Ulquiorra is quite difficult because of the range of possible candidates... Though Ichigo would be most suited to fight him due to the scenes of him mistreating Inoue and fundamentally bringing her to the HM in the first place, he also has had a lot of screentime lately... So it'll be difficult to predict which way this is gonna go. :notrust
I'm up for Ichigo taking down Ulquiorra. Ulquiorra needs to pay for what he's done to both Ichigo and Orihime.

gigantor21
January 31, 2008, 05:46 PM
^ He's not ready now, though. Or he shouldn't be. And I don't want him knocking off Espada one after other like that.

Given what you've said, which I fully agree with, I'd rather see them fight in the War.

TheChosenOne
January 31, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'm up for Ichigo taking down Ulquiorra. Ulquiorra needs to pay for what he's done to both Ichigo and Orihime.

Not at the moment, that would require him to be a saiyan. He is weaker than Ulq, most likely someone else will fight or the resuce team will actually leave with orihime. :)

Streifen
January 31, 2008, 08:09 PM
yeah, but it would be cool if ichigo will be the one to take on ulq... since he was the one who kidnapped orihime....

Jehuty
January 31, 2008, 08:12 PM
Not at the moment, that would require him to be a saiyan. He is weaker than Ulq, most likely someone else will fight or the resuce team will actually leave with orihime. :)
But he is a Saiya-jin! He always gets stronger after being healed!

Tsukisama
January 31, 2008, 08:27 PM
yeah, but it would be cool if ichigo will be the one to take on ulq... since he was the one who kidnapped orihime....

He most likely will be the one to eventually defeat Ulquiorra. Whenever we see an antagonist deal with Ichigo on more than one occasion, it usually means that he will eventually have one of his epic clashes with them where he eventually triumphs and moves onto the next stage in his power development. All signs point to Ulquiorra being the next big Ichigo showdown opponent.

TheChosenOne
January 31, 2008, 09:19 PM
But he is a Saiya-jin! He always gets stronger after being healed!

When you put it that way, then I guess we can see Ichigo turn into SSJ3. Why is DBZ so hard to break away from. :)

Jehuty
January 31, 2008, 09:49 PM
When you put it that way, then I guess we can see Ichigo turn into SSJ3. Why is DBZ so hard to break away from. :)
SSJ - Zangetsu
SSJ2 - Tensa Zangetsu
SSJ3 - Tensa Zangetsu/Hollow Mask

Seems about right to me.

TheChosenOne
January 31, 2008, 10:22 PM
SSJ - Zangetsu
SSJ2 - Tensa Zangetsu
SSJ3 - Tensa Zangetsu/Hollow Mask

Seems about right to me.

Ichigo still needs another level to fight the top 4 espada's or will he just shout and go AAAAHHH and power up to his max. :)

Jehuty
January 31, 2008, 10:23 PM
Ichigo still needs another level to fight the top 4 espada's or will he just shout and go AAAAHHH and power up to his max. :)
SSJ4 - Tensa Zangetsu/Fully Mastered Hollow Mask

Streifen
January 31, 2008, 10:26 PM
isn't it he still hasnt mastered zangetsu's full power?.... therefore...

SSJ4 = mastered tensa zangetsu/fully mastered hollow mask

TheChosenOne
January 31, 2008, 10:28 PM
SSJ4 - Tensa Zangetsu/Fully Mastered Hollow Mask

A non-cannon power up, Kubo must be desperate to increase Ichigo's power to the max, will he also enable SSJ5 from the made up DBAF :)

Streifen
January 31, 2008, 10:43 PM
what if they just make it like... uhhhh.... isshin dies and then gives ichigo his power?.... will that look good?..... or isshin dies and then ichigo enraged turns into SS (supershinigami)

gigantor21
January 31, 2008, 10:55 PM
^ I don't know...if Shinigami could do that, I don't get why Kaien couldn't transfer his powers to Rukia. And the whole rage thing has been done to death, so that would be too easy IMO. I'd rather see how Kubo would handle keeping Isshin alive.

Anyway, back on topic.

I'd like to see updates on Chad and Unohana next week. There's been too much focus on Mayuri and Co with no payoff recently. I want to know what everyone else is doing.

TheChosenOne
January 31, 2008, 11:36 PM
I wanna see what's up with ganten, unohana supposedly healed him along with chad, but we have only seen chad healthy, I wonder if there is something to that. I also hope we get an update on Nell, I am starting to miss her cute way of speaking. :)

Tsukisama
January 31, 2008, 11:47 PM
^ I agree. Either an update from Nell or Unohana/Chad/Ganten would be nice, but then again, if Kubo uses this chapter to significantly advance Ken vs. Nnoi, then I wouldn't mind the entire chapter focusing on the fight.

Aonsaithya
February 01, 2008, 08:25 AM
Ichigo is ridiculously weak even with the mask on tbh. Shinji was capable of toying around with GJ with his mask on, and can use cero. Ichigo could've defeated GJ with his mask on (if GJ would not release), but Ichigo was in BANKAI whereas Shinji did not even use his shikai (if he even has one). I suppose this means that he already uses the mask better than he uses his bankai? He has a lot of learning ahead of him.

patedecarne
February 01, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm really curious to know anything about these 2 bodies in Szayel room, Ishida and Renji were surprised with them, and i'm sure they aren't Dordoni and Cirucci, why do Szayel would protect in his lab two inferior types, two privaron espadas? doesn't make sense,. and I think kubo is planning something big with them, my predictions are one of them are the 5º squad former taichou, since we already know his face.

And un upgrade to nell would be good, but i'm really interesting in Chad, After being healed by Unohana, Chad will try to help his friends, but in the process, he might be attacked by an espada, and I don't think he will lose again easily..

about healing process, how exactly Mayuri is healing Ishida and Renji? he built internal organs for them? and how they suppose to be alive all this time? Crushing internal organs is almost instantly death because of the bleeding...

Tsukisama
February 01, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'm really curious to know anything about these 2 bodies in Szayel room, Ishida and Renji were surprised with them, and i'm sure they aren't Dordoni and Cirucci, why do Szayel would protect in his lab two inferior types, two privaron espadas? doesn't make sense,. and I think kubo is planning something big with them, my predictions are one of them are the 5º squad former taichou, since we already know his face.

And un upgrade to nell would be good, but i'm really interesting in Chad, After being healed by Unohana, Chad will try to help his friends, but in the process, he might be attacked by an espada, and I don't think he will lose again easily..

about healing process, how exactly Mayuri is healing Ishida and Renji? he built internal organs for them? and how they suppose to be alive all this time? Crushing internal organs is almost instantly death because of the bleeding...

Hopefully 309 will be full of updates. I doubt we will find out about the identities of the bodies until after the arc is over (or at least Kenpachi's fight). If Chad does get healed and takes on an espada, I would be willing to bet it would be Yammy. Yammy needs to die, and Chad is a good option. As for Mayuri, if he can so easily rebuild his own organs, I am sure it would not be so difficult to rebuild others. He is supposed to be very good with kidou, and I have always imagined that other squad member could use healing techniques besides squad 4. Although he usually doesn't help out, since this is a rescue mission, I guess Mayuri is doing his part to help out.

TheChosenOne
February 01, 2008, 01:23 PM

Cuz he needed them for Ichigo's and Ishida's reiatsu readings, that is why he sent the exequias in the first place. He is working on something and he needed the readings for the progress. :)

Anyone other than Yammi is overkill, considering only the top 3 will be able to fight, since Ulq is buzy at the moment. I also want chad to kill someone, but Yammi is his best best. :)

Jehuty
February 01, 2008, 01:24 PM
Cuz he needed them for Ichigo's and Ishida's reiatsu readings, that is why he sent the exequias in the first place. He is working on something and he needed the readings for the progress. :)

Anyone other than Yammi is overkill, considering only the top 3 will be able to fight, since Ulq is buzy at the moment. I also want chad to kill someone, but Yammi is his best best. :)
Aww, I kinda wanted Urahara to show up for one final showdown with Yammy and when Yammy releases, go Bankai and annihilate him. I really wanna see Urahara's Bankai.

patedecarne
February 01, 2008, 01:28 PM
I really wanna see Urahara's Bankai.

Urahara's Bankai is my dream, every day I thought a different shape and size to his Bankai, and still cannot find out one who suits perfect for him, but Kubo MUST show us his bankai before bleach ends, but I don't know if we will see it in this arc.. unfortunately

TheChosenOne
February 01, 2008, 01:38 PM
Urahara's Bankai is my dream, every day I thought a different shape and size to his Bankai, and still cannot find out one who suits perfect for him, but Kubo MUST show us his bankai before bleach ends, but I don't know if we will see it in this arc.. unfortunately

Well let's hope that a vasto attacks K-Town and Urahara is called to action, and he reveals bankai and defeats it. :)

Sirios Whitestrom
February 01, 2008, 02:02 PM
Looks like Zenpachi cut Nnoitra's hollow mask... If that's the case, I hope what happened to Nel after her mask was broken happens to Nnoi, and maybe he'll revert back to his Espada level 8 form. Then he'll really be screwed, and probably release in desperation.

It would be divine justice.

duo962
February 01, 2008, 05:08 PM
Ways a Cero has been countered so far.

----
With another Cero.

With power equal to/greater than a Cero.

Absorbing, and then reflecting.

With a stupid hollow mask. (Anime filler)
----

And the new Kenpachi way - batting it out of the way like it was a simple task.

The Boff
February 01, 2008, 05:50 PM
i have only one thing to say about the newest bleach chapter.

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
have anyone ever screwed himself as mouch as Noitra just did?
hitting off kenpachis eyepatch, yeah! great idea =D

walkie
February 01, 2008, 07:52 PM
zarakis eye patch is out..now noitra will have to release his sword..and i hope, soon we will see zaraki's first-stage release :D

Drew7898
February 01, 2008, 07:59 PM
I Think Ken At Least Learned The Name Of His Sword.........Because He Says "Let Me Use Him To Express My Gratitude"........I Don't Think He Ever Referred To His Sword A Him Before?

Zaraky696
February 01, 2008, 08:07 PM
Noitra release? your kiddnig, he's done for. Unless he can somehow release while being split in half. Anyhow, Keny with his eyepatch off = Bye bye #5 lol

akatsuki27
February 01, 2008, 08:32 PM
Well let's hope that a vasto attacks K-Town and Urahara is called to action, and he reveals bankai and defeats it. :)

and you know what? there's nothing wrong with your statement cause i really think urahara has vasto lord type power

Noitra release? your kiddnig, he's done for. Unless he can somehow release while being split in half. Anyhow, Keny with his eyepatch off = Bye bye #5 lol

not just yet....he'll probably just have a big gash across his upper body but he is not dead yet....there's no way an espada as high as 5 will die without releasing....either way he's f--ed though....all i know is that kenpachi went up 100 cool points in my book the way he deflected that zero like it was nothing and toyed with noitora

Jehuty
February 01, 2008, 08:39 PM
I Think Ken At Least Learned The Name Of His Sword.........Because He Says "Let Me Use Him To Express My Gratitude"........I Don't Think He Ever Referred To His Sword A Him Before?
I was wondering about that too. Looks like he's been trying to talk to the ol' hack-'n'-slash.

Jadedmariner
February 01, 2008, 08:40 PM
I think the mirror matches and connection between the Soul Society arc and this arc are getting a little out of hand at this point. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Ulquiorra pops out to fight Ichigo and Nell runs off with him to train him some Hollow ability equivalent to Bankai. You just watch we'll have Vaizard Ichigo do the Hollow release over his Bankai release.

honest_hypocrite
February 01, 2008, 08:50 PM
i have only one thing to say about the newest bleach chapter.

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
have anyone ever screwed himself as mouch as Noitra just did?
hitting off kenpachis eyepatch, yeah! great idea =D

lol. that's funny.

Great chapter, btw. The bitchslap to the cero. Nnoitra wetting himself when he felt the reiatsu of Ken without the eyepatch. Some of you may be right. There are similarities between this and DBZ. Only difference is, Bleach is far superior.

Tsukisama
February 01, 2008, 09:01 PM

I noticed that too. My Japanese is a little green, as I am currently learning it, but I did not think that Japanese had gender-specific personal pronouns in it.

squidbreath
February 01, 2008, 09:51 PM
Woot! way to go Noi!! You just cut off Zaraki's eyepatch!!! :p
Rofl, those guys were hilarious from the part where Noitorara got lifted by Ken's sword...

Jehuty
February 01, 2008, 09:53 PM
I noticed that too. My Japanese is a little green, as I am currently learning it, but I did not think that Japanese had gender-specific personal pronouns in it.
Kenpachi uses the word こいつ (koitsu), which means "this guy," so it seems he's acknowledging that his sword is a living thing.

Tsukisama
February 01, 2008, 09:55 PM
Kenpachi uses the word こいつ (koitsu), which means "this guy," so it seems he's acknowledging that his sword is a living thing.

Thank you for clearing that up. So, I guess that rules out the slim possiblity that he had a female zanpakuto. I suppose it would have been weird if he did.

Jehuty
February 01, 2008, 09:58 PM
Thank you for clearing that up. So, I guess that rules out the slim possiblity that he had a female zanpakuto. I suppose it would have been weird if he did.
Er, not necessarily, I believe. I think (not 100% on this) こいつ is gender-neutral. It's usually translated as "this guy," though.

Tsukisama
February 01, 2008, 10:01 PM
Er, not necessarily, I believe. I think (not 100% on this) こいつ is gender-neutral. It's usually translated as "this guy," though.

Well that's good then. Some of my confidence in my understanding of Japanese is beginning to return. :hbunny I still doubt that Kenpachi's sword will be female, but it would be pretty funny if it was and there was perhaps a little screentime devoted to him getting "in sync" with it.

Jadedmariner
February 01, 2008, 10:16 PM
Everytime people talk about Kenpatchi having a female sword I just imagine Kenpatchi dancing around with Rukia's ribbon sword.

gigantor21
February 01, 2008, 10:18 PM
^ I think of a hentai doujin. XD

Well, the exchanges here were much, much better than last weeks. Kubo did a good job with Nori's scythe this time. And, since the shift in momentum was gradual, it didn't feel superfluous. Very nice.

The question now is, will he keep it up? He hasn't had a good track record with momentum during this arc.

TheChosenOne
February 01, 2008, 10:28 PM
Just read the newest chapter, and I like it, we saw a lot of shifts and attacks, which shows how good Kubo is. I especially like when Nnoi sword gets sliced by trying to push on ken's sword, that was good. Of Course the best moment of the chapter has to be when Zaraki's eyepatch came off, that was Zaraki's at his best. :)

How did Nnoi get cut, did Zaraki do something. Nnoi said it was a moment of luck when he first got cut, how can it be upto luck when he supposedly has unbreakable skin. Was Nnoi just bragging about the toughness of his skin. :)

Tsukisama
February 01, 2008, 10:48 PM
^ I think of a hentai doujin. XD

Well, the exchanges here were much, much better than last weeks. Kubo did a good job with Nori's scythe this time. And, since the shift in momentum was gradual, it didn't feel superfluous. Very nice.

The question now is, will he keep it up? He hasn't had a good track record with momentum during this arc.

Wow. Does your mind go to equally naughty place when you think of Urahara, whom we know has a female zanpakuto? :amuse

Yeah. This week's chapter was very nicely done. Hopefully, the pacing continues as smoothly as it did this week.

On a slight side note, where is Yachiru? We haven't seen her in a long while, and I am a little surprised we haven't gotten any reaction shots from her, especially when Kenpachi looked like he was in trouble.

Kaonazhie
February 01, 2008, 11:07 PM
Wow. Does your mind go to equally naughty place when you think of Urahara, whom we know has a female zanpakuto? :amuse

Yeah. This week's chapter was very nicely done. Hopefully, the pacing continues as smoothly as it did this week.

On a slight side note, where is Yachiru? We haven't seen her in a long while, and I am a little surprised we haven't gotten any reaction shots from her, especially when Kenpachi looked like he was in trouble.

Kenpachi figured out that he is infact, a Hollow, and Yachiru is his hollow power. He sealed her into his sword.

Ergo, Kenpachi's shikai = Yachiru harpoon attack.

Decorus
February 01, 2008, 11:27 PM
It would be funny if Yachiro turned out to be the Manifestation of his sword.

gigantor21
February 01, 2008, 11:37 PM

I was just reacting to your comment on Zaraki "synching with" the sword if it was female. It had a very erotic undercurrent to it. :XD

I'm not surprised about Yachiru not being shown. Remember, he got hacked the fuck up in his fight with Ichigo, and she was just glad he was "having fun". Her input wouldn't add anything here.

akatsuki27
February 01, 2008, 11:50 PM
It would be funny if Yachiro turned out to be the Manifestation of his sword.

that would be funny, just like yusuke had that goofy little blue-bird-monster-thing??? a badass like kenpachi having a cute chibi as a manifestation, he would bankai her in half a day

although, since the manifestation usually is related to the wielder im thinking hiruma would be his manifestation, YA-HA

igotthegoods
February 02, 2008, 12:41 AM
sweet! eyepatch removal :)

i was expecting nnoitra to release first and then later kenpachi would take off the eyepatch ftw. i guess i was wrong. thanks for being slightly less predictable, kubo! well, with the exception of the hole behind nnoitra's eyepatch. most of us saw that coming...

Inkovic
February 02, 2008, 07:06 AM
Is anybody starting to be pissed off that all the Espada are dropping like flies and the Soul Society have pretty much no casualties whatsoever despite being in a hostile environment?

Granted there's still 4 Espada left who are at least guaranteed Vasto Lords (assuming Ulquiorra's mask is that of a Vasto Lord) but still I assume that the allmighty Espada would've killed at least one minor character or somethign or that the Espada wouldn't be losing so easily.

Kinda lessens the threat of the Espada pose on Soul society y'know.

The Boff
February 02, 2008, 08:27 AM
if this fight turns out to be the one where we see Kenpachis shikai then please for gods sake Kubo dont make it lame.
just imagine how wrong it would be, Kenpachi with a sword like Hinamori or Renji. Or Byakuya.....

No. If he releases his sword the only change id like to see is the sword itself just getting sharp.
That would be cool. just look at all the damage he can do with a dull blade. If it were sharp, kick arse!

gold349
February 02, 2008, 10:40 AM
sweet! eyepatch removal :)

i was expecting nnoitra to release first and then later kenpachi would take off the eyepatch ftw. i guess i was wrong. thanks for being slightly less predictable, kubo! well, with the exception of the hole behind nnoitra's eyepatch. most of us saw that coming...

Agreed I kind off thought the same, but this way worked out ok too, with Zariki's patch off , more power boost and deeper wounds, is going to force Nnoitora to release.

We will then see if Zaraki's tears and the need to get strong and his desire to learn the name of his sword has got him at least on talking terms with his zanpaktou, the way this fight is going, it might be predictable from here on, Nnoitora releases and big ken sweet talks to his zanpaktou and goes from psudo shikai to real and even bankai who knows.

Streifen
February 02, 2008, 07:16 PM
Is anybody starting to be pissed off that all the Espada are dropping like flies and the Soul Society have pretty much no casualties whatsoever despite being in a hostile environment?

Granted there's still 4 Espada left who are at least guaranteed Vasto Lords (assuming Ulquiorra's mask is that of a Vasto Lord) but still I assume that the allmighty Espada would've killed at least one minor character or somethign or that the Espada wouldn't be losing so easily.

i want komamura to die! LOL!.. and after that no more... oh.. and ikkaku's partner... they can kill him too.... anyhow, regarding the elimination of espadas, its obvious that aizen is planning something. Look, almost half of the espadas are already defeated, yet, we did not see aizen became bothered on how things turned out. There is a big possibility that aizen would replace those fallen espadas with new and stronger ones of course (assuming they're vastos).

For kenpachi's eyepatch removal... Uhh.... RUN NNOITORA!.... OMG! LOL! :XD

Tsukisama
February 02, 2008, 07:26 PM
i want komamura to die! LOL!.. and after that no more... oh.. and ikkaku's partner... they can kill him too.... anyhow, regarding the elimination of espadas, its obvious that aizen is planning something. Look, almost half of the espadas are already defeated, yet, we did not see aizen became bothered on how things turned out. There is a big possibility that aizen would replace those fallen espadas with new and stronger ones of course (assuming they're vastos).

For kenpachi's eyepatch removal... Uhh.... RUN NNOITORA!.... OMG! LOL! :XD

Noo! Don't kill Yumichika! Komamura I care less about. :hbunny

TheChosenOne
February 02, 2008, 07:49 PM

Only two espada has been killed, and it was by captains that are powerful. All those espada's were playing around with Ichigo and the others, and the captains came in and took care of it. It wouldn't make sense for the captains lose when they make their entrance. :)

Kill? Aaeroniero skewered Rukia, Szayel destroyed Ishida and Renji, while Nnoi broke Ichigo's arm and was about to kill Nell, Chad was left for dead by Nnoi. Of course there won't be killing, cuz Bleach does not kill of good guys. :)

There are still 5 espada's left and 4 of them are possible Vasto's and are the most powerful, they still have not lost any momentum, Ulq can most likely defeat the weaker captain's without effort, while the top 3 is in another league. :)

bebekhappy
February 02, 2008, 08:56 PM
Woot...RUN Noitora...RUN!!!...don't do anything...just RUN!!

Hahah...i like his expression when he removed Ken's eyepatch, now the devil's unleashed what will he do?i believed his not death yet, not just yet

Streifen
February 02, 2008, 09:52 PM
Woot...RUN Noitora...RUN!!!...don't do anything...just RUN!!

Hahah...i like his expression when he removed Ken's eyepatch, now the devil's unleashed what will he do?i believed his not death yet, not just yet

yeah, its funny because i remember i mentioned here why would someone aim at a concealed body part since kenpachi pierced through noi's eyepatch without knowing that there's nothing in it... Then nnoitora took off kenpachi's, now look what he got himself into... LOL!... better pay attention to what i say next time... :)

its funny how nnoitora really aimed at kenpachi's eyepatch which is really hard to hit yet there are still other body parts which he can easily cut through... :)

eddy26
February 03, 2008, 12:51 AM
Nnoitra is dead no matter what he does. It's too late for him to release to anything powerful now that his scythe is broken and has a big wound that is about to be opened by the last slash at the end of the chapter. I'm glad the espada are dying I've always expected that once the vasto lordes come out that is when some of the people in Soul Society will be killed. Nnoitra's death will leave an opening that I think Ulquiorra will take over. I think Wonderwice is stronger than him probably a vasto lorde the only problem is that he isn't the smartest arrancar.

gphjr14
February 03, 2008, 11:14 AM
The second Noritora removed the eye patch his fate was sealed. But for a second there when Kenpachi paused I though maybe his katana was talking to him maybe trying to tell him his name. But again with the eye patch torn off he really doesn't need to know it's name unless Noritora can get far back enough to release.

YJiang
February 03, 2008, 12:02 PM
Nnoitra is dead no matter what he does. It's too late for him to release to anything powerful now that his scythe is broken and has a big wound that is about to be opened by the last slash at the end of the chapter. I'm glad the espada are dying I've always expected that once the vasto lordes come out that is when some of the people in Soul Society will be killed. Nnoitra's death will leave an opening that I think Ulquiorra will take over. I think Wonderwice is stronger than him probably a vasto lorde the only problem is that he isn't the smartest arrancar.

Ulquiorra is a higher rank than Noitora so there's nothing for him to "take over."

Koen
February 03, 2008, 12:08 PM
Well when nnoitra took of the eyepatch, it was really awesome to see that kenpachi smirk. Nnoitra seems to be more silent and he'll have to go in another mode (but like tousen that won't be enough to finish kenpachi, he'll get some scratches and the smile will be come bigger)

Jehuty
February 03, 2008, 01:37 PM
Ah, I doubt it. Vasto Lorde attack or no, Kubo doesn't kill off good guys in the storyline. Now that Orihime has the plotkai of resurrection, that makes killing people even more difficult.

eddy26
February 03, 2008, 02:55 PM
What I was trying to say is that Ulquiorra is going to get demoted so that is why Nnoitra's number 5 will belong to Ulquiorra. I really think Wonderwice is strong he attacked Urahara without even knowing what he was doing. Why would they have sent him along with Yami and Luppi if he wasn't strong. No offense to Ulquiorra fans but I don't believe he is really strong. He only beat up Ichigo after he was done fighting the privaron espada. Until Ulquiorra fights someone other than a tired Ichigo I won't believe he is a vasto lorde. Just like a lot of people think that Yami will get demoted to Privaron Espada I think Ulquiorra is going to start going down the ladder as well. Anyhow I won't talk about Ulquiorra anymore cause that's got nothing to do with this chapter. All I'll say for this chapter is die! die! die! Nnoitra.

Skywolf666
February 03, 2008, 03:26 PM
Page 18 of Ch. 308 is just the best, never before has an opponent screwed himself over more than what Nnoitra did.

I still don't think that's the end of the fight though, a lot of chapters have ended with the opponent looking like he just got seriously injured. For example Page 19 of Chapter 283 when Ichigo looks like he insanely injured Grimmjow.

Plus unless it's a huge mistranslation by multiple people when Zaraki refered to his sword as something rather than a tool, we are most likely going to see something involving that.

Also you'd have to admit it'd be kinda dumb to make Nnoitra's un-released form look insanely powerful against Chad or against Ichigo and not have him release his sword against an opponent who is more powerful. That'd be one big disappointment in my book.

TheChosenOne
February 03, 2008, 03:33 PM
What I was trying to say is that Ulquiorra is going to get demoted so that is why Nnoitra's number 5 will belong to Ulquiorra. I really think Wonderwice is strong he attacked Urahara without even knowing what he was doing. Why would they have sent him along with Yami and Luppi if he wasn't strong. No offense to Ulquiorra fans but I don't believe he is really strong. He only beat up Ichigo after he was done fighting the privaron espada. Until Ulquiorra fights someone other than a tired Ichigo I won't believe he is a vasto lorde. Just like a lot of people think that Yami will get demoted to Privaron Espada I think Ulquiorra is going to start going down the ladder as well. Anyhow I won't talk about Ulquiorra anymore cause that's got nothing to do with this chapter. All I'll say for this chapter is die! die! die! Nnoitra.

Wonderwice could be a gillian arrancar cuz of the way he acts, gillian are hollows that have low intelligence, where as Ulq who is most likely a Vasto, is the most powerful menos and have more power than a captain. If wonderwice does become an espada, he will most likely take Nnoi's place of 5 or lower. :)

Saifi
February 03, 2008, 05:46 PM
i think wonderwice just acts like an insanely powerful infant (which in a sense he is)

Raizen
February 03, 2008, 09:39 PM
I agree w/ Saifi. I think he just acts like that but really he is probably really powerful.
Take Naruto for example. Tobi was thought to be some idiot, but it turns out he is the main villain

TheChosenOne
February 03, 2008, 10:27 PM
I agree w/ Saifi. I think he just acts like that but really he is probably really powerful.
Take Naruto for example. Tobi was thought to be some idiot, but it turns out he is the main villain

Well not to go off topic, but tobi's act was a facade, where as Wonderwice acts like that all the time we see him on the screen. I think he is powerful as well, but I don't see him being more powerful than Ulq who is a plausible Vasto Lorde arrancar. :)

patedecarne
February 03, 2008, 10:52 PM
IMO Wonderwice is at last an adjucha: his personality is unstable, and seems he lack intelligence, a pre requisite to be a highter class like Vasto lorde, but there's the possibility he's a failed experiment, a vasto lorde not complete, maybe Aizen's first attempt to create a vastolorde

but back to the chapter, still I'm not read it, but seems Noitora is in a badly badly situation, I just seen the last panel, and I think will be like the first round of Zaerapollo vs red/white, the chapter when Uryuu gave the merciless hit was like the panel in this chapter, Noitora isn't dead, but is badly injured, then he releases, but his powers is in the end, so kenpchi will kill him easily...

Jehuty
February 03, 2008, 11:20 PM
IMO Wonderwice is at last an adjucha: his personality is unstable, and seems he lack intelligence, a pre requisite to be a highter class like Vasto lorde, but there's the possibility he's a failed experiment, a vasto lorde not complete, maybe Aizen's first attempt to create a vastolorde

but back to the chapter, still I'm not read it, but seems Noitora is in a badly badly situation, I just seen the last panel, and I think will be like the first round of Zaerapollo vs red/white, the chapter when Uryuu gave the merciless hit was like the panel in this chapter, Noitora isn't dead, but is badly injured, then he releases, but his powers is in the end, so kenpchi will kill him easily...
A prerequisite? It's the other way around. Vasto Lordes are the smartest of the Arrancar. Gillians are the dumbest.

patedecarne
February 03, 2008, 11:27 PM
^^

Yes, tht's what I mean, maybe I forgot a comma or a period in my previous statement, but still, to be a VS I think wondervice cannot be that way, somehow retarded....

hyn_pride93
February 04, 2008, 12:26 AM
why would there be a thought of kenpachi dying ? so far there hasnt been anybody good that died and why start now ? especially by nnoitra
most likely kenpachi is enjoying the battle against nnoitra and the part where he seem to pierce his chest with his arms is just a sign of amusement to kenpachi. Kinda like how ichigo got back up and sliced him for the first time which will resort him to taking of his eyepatch.

kenpachi probably will give that manical look and laugh along with the pain that he endured that probably freak nnoitra out and then causes him to release :D
and of course he was fine the hollow part is in his eye why would he be hurt ?
its like throwing a hot dog in a hallway :p

yeah i think that is so true. Kenpachi is enjoying this fight and how could he die. he seems so content on killing Noi that he practically let him pierce his chest. if there's one thing that Kenpachi doesnt like in a fight is someone who isnt able to pierce him.

Kenpachi is so strong that Noi wont really be able to stand up to him once the real fight starts. i just hope to God that Ken has figured out his zanpaktous true name so that the fight will insanely crazy!!

yemsta
February 04, 2008, 12:52 PM
So from what I gather it seems that people think that kenpachi is comfortable in this fight. when Noitora releases I think there will be too large a difference in their power for him to go fighting in his current state although we all know kenpachi is a freak of nature and is at a high level but of all the espada's that have fought since the invasion of HM noitora is the strongest and this is not going to be easy for kenpachi at all.

ALso all the other captains seemed to win their fights relatively easily and for me seemed to have made improvements in their level of skill. So in conclusion I think kenpachi will HAVE TO have some sort of upgrade to win this fight for both the coherence of the story and the in terms of level of power with noitora.

I hope that made some sense :D

Jehuty
February 04, 2008, 12:55 PM
So from what I gather it seems that people think that kenpachi is comfortable in this fight. when Noitora releases I think there will be too large a difference in their power for him to go fighting in his current state although we all know kenpachi is a freak of nature and is at a high level but of all the espada's that have fought since the invasion of HM noitora is the strongest and this is not going to be easy for kenpachi at all.

ALso all the other captains seemed to win their fights relatively easily and for me seemed to have made improvements in their level of skill. So in conclusion I think kenpachi will HAVE TO have some sort of upgrade to win this fight for both the coherence of the story and the in terms of level of power with noitora.

I hope that made some sense :D
Well, Nnoitora hasn't really fought Kenpachi sans eyepatch, has he? He just kinda whipped it off at the final slash of the chapter. No-pachi should be able to take on Nnoitora's release.

TheChosenOne
February 04, 2008, 01:39 PM

Aaeroniero was only able to become part of the espada cuz of his limitless evolution, so if wonderwice is a gillian, I don't think he will be able to be part, since most likely adjuca or above is common. So maybe wonder could be an adjuca. :)

Well, Nnoitora hasn't really fought Kenpachi sans eyepatch, has he? He just kinda whipped it off at the final slash of the chapter. No-pachi should be able to take on Nnoitora's release.

I hope it doesn't, I really want Kenpachi to show us something new. His eye-patch is great and all but he has this potential and he needs to use it. I hope we see at least some sword attacks or it's name, which increases Ken's power. :)

Marvstar
February 04, 2008, 02:52 PM
Aaeroniero was only able to become part of the espada cuz of his limitless evolution, so if wonderwice is a gillian, I don't think he will be able to be part, since most likely adjuca or above is common. So maybe wonder could be an adjuca. :)

I hope it doesn't, I really want Kenpachi to show us something new. His eye-patch is great and all but he has this potential and he needs to use it. I hope we see at least some sword attacks or it's name, which increases Ken's power. :)

I agree with the thing you said about seeing something new! The eye patch was said to absorb infinate amounts of power from Kenpachi, even against Ichigo we've only seen a couple seconds of it at use, and that just amounted to a huge clash of swords which lasted for a moment. There might be more to the eye patch than we might initially know, but like a lot of people I am also hoping for a sword release or name :D

TheChosenOne
February 04, 2008, 02:56 PM
I agree with the thing you said about seeing something new! The eye patch was said to absorb infinate amounts of power from Kenpachi, even against Ichigo we've only seen a couple seconds of it at use, and that just amounted to a huge clash of swords which lasted for a moment. There might be more to the eye patch than we might initially know, but like a lot of people I am also hoping for a sword release or name :D

I think we might, considering Ken said that he wants to use him (the sword), so we may get to see something from his zanpak after all. :)

hyn_pride93
February 05, 2008, 03:03 AM
yeah... i completely agree with all of you because i would really like to see something spectacular happen with Kenpachi. all we've ever seen him do throughout past chapters/episodes was him fighting opponents using brute force and flash steps. he is already in a permanent shikai state, and he loves fights wen the opponent can cut him. if Noi does end up leaving a huge gap in power that will force Ken to use a new technique with his zanpaktou... then we will all be blown away by the end of the chapter.
[hr]
okay... I know that this sounds so chronic bcuz every1 is talking about it non-stop, but i am so fricken happy that Kenpachi is fighting against Noitora. mainly bcuz the two of them have this certain chem that makes their characters hilarious and very action packed. if it were someone else fighting Noi, it wouldn't be so entertaining and we wouldnt be talking so much about these chapters.

At the end of the chapter i was so excited when Kenz patch was whipped off by Noi bcuz Noi doesn't know what to expect. one of the only people to have ever seen Ken without his patch was Ichigo and he was the only one to defeat him so far. if Noitora somehow is able to defeat Ken with some amazing power, then that will be one big trip. i just hope that Ken really does have something up his sleve bcuz if he doesnt, and Noiz release is insanely powerful, then our discussions of roting for him would have been for nothing. all of our hype will be kinda depressing.
[hr]
sorry for sounding kind of depressing in that last one, i was just trying to say some different things.

I WANT NOI TO WIN!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!! jus joking. dont get crazy now
[hr]
i think that ken will win. but i dont want to get my hopes up too high because i dont want them to be crushed harshly if he ends up losing

TheChosenOne
February 05, 2008, 06:28 PM
I hope we get to see Nnoi release before he gets mutilated by the non-patch Ken. Cuz it would be kinda lame to see Ken win again with his reiatsu. Nnoi releasing might give us something new from Ken. :)

Alexis
February 06, 2008, 06:11 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7113/333mf2.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9807/444ly3.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3732/555tx7.jpg

Is it me or does the artist have a lot of imagination when it comes to the last page of the last three weeks chapters? It even looks the same. If it happens again this week I'm going to start laughing even more than I did when I saw last weeks chapter.

TheChosenOne
February 06, 2008, 06:59 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7113/333mf2.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9807/444ly3.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3732/555tx7.jpg

Is it me or does the artist have a lot of imagination when it comes to the last page of the last three weeks chapters? It even looks the same. If it happens again this week I'm going to start laughing even more than I did when I saw last weeks chapter.

Good Find, Alexis, where you been, I haven't seen you post here for a while. Well it's good to see you are back. :)

TheChosenOne
February 06, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hi ChosenOne. Long time no see. I've been busy with exams and things so I haven't checked in in a while. But I'm pretty much finished with most of the hard work.

That's good to hear, well cheers for being back. :)

Flaming part edited out.

Alexis
February 06, 2008, 07:56 PM
Flaming part edited out.

That's good to hear, well cheers for being back. :)
Thanks, I think I missed a lot of interesting discussions while I was gone, but I caught up on the manga chapters so I should have a good idea of what'sgoing on.

Alexis
February 06, 2008, 08:05 PM
Flaming part edited out.

I missed this place. I suppose you had fun, ChosenOne? Did I miss any interesting Bleach discussion? Nnoitra's weakness mainly. What do you guys think it is?

TheChosenOne
February 06, 2008, 08:16 PM
Flaming part edited out.

I missed this place. I suppose you had fun, ChosenOne? Did I miss any interesting Bleach discussion? Nnoitra's weakness mainly. What do you guys think it is?Na, Not really just the discussion of what to expect from Ken, will he reveal something new , or will he defeat Nnoi with his eyepatch removal move. I am hoping that Ken shows something new, I really like his character, and I hope that he gets some serious development. :)

Alexis
February 06, 2008, 08:26 PM
Na, Not really just the discussion of what to expect from Ken, will he reveal something new , or will he defeat Nnoi with his eyepatch removal move. I am hoping that Ken shows something new, I really like his character, and I hope that he gets some serious development. :)
Oh, well with the eyepatch off he was able to cut Nnoitra and damage him, correct? I won't discuss the latest spoilers here, but I believe since every captain has shown something new, more or less, in order to defeat their foes, I hope Kenpachi is no exception. Being able to release his sword would be nice, but it feels like overkill at this point. Or any point. Lol

At first I didn't think Nnoitra was going to be defeated here and now, but with everyone else defeated with relative ease, and everyone matched up against just the right type of enemy, it looks more and more like Nnoitra is going to get killed here as well, unless it goes no further than just defeated.

TheChosenOne
February 06, 2008, 08:39 PM
Oh, well with the eyepatch off he was able to cut Nnoitra and damage him, correct? I won't discuss the latest spoilers here, but I believe since every captain has shown something new, more or less, in order to defeat their foes, I hope Kenpachi is no exception.

Well hopefully Ken stating that he wants to use "him" means that he has learned something about his sword, maybe the name or an attack like GT. Anything should increase his power. :)

At first I didn't think Nnoitra was going to be defeated here and now,

Do you mean before or after the captain's arrival. I didn't expect Nnoi to be defeated before Zaraki, I though he would releases so that he can match up with Nell, but sadly she lost her control.

but with everyone else defeated with relative ease, and everyone matched up against just the right type of enemy, it looks more and more like Nnoitra is going to get killed here as well, unless it goes no further than just defeated.

I hope Ken kills Nnoi instead of leaving him defeated, since the other captain's have gotten their respective espada kill, most likely Ken will get his. :)

Alexis
February 06, 2008, 09:19 PM
Well hopefully Ken stating that he wants to use "him" means that he has learned something about his sword, maybe the name or an attack like GT. Anything should increase his power. :)
Oh, I must have missed that part. That does sound interesting. I'm always up for seeing Kenpachi fight, and him having some sort of new power would be great. I think if he learned to release his sword he might be one of the, if not the, strongest captain. At least besides Yamamoto perhaps.

Do you mean before or after the captain's arrival. I didn't expect Nnoi to be defeated before Zaraki, I though he would releases so that he can match up with Nell, but sadly she lost her control.
Yeah before the captains arrived. Before they did many of them looked like they had a big upper hand (besides Nnoi until Nell transformed back) so I thought all they could do was escape to fight them another day. But one by one they started dying after the captains showed up, relatively easy as well, and were matched up with the right type of opponent for the occasion, and Kenpachi definitely fits that description as well, so it doesn't look good for Nnoitra.

I hope Ken kills Nnoi instead of leaving him defeated, since the other captain's have gotten their respective espada kill, most likely Ken will get his. :)
Yeah, well if he's defeated then he's pretty much proven his worth, or rather that he is unable to stand up to Kenpachi, so the next time both sides fight we would know that Nnoitra can be defeated. I guess badguys could technically 'grow' like Ichigo did before he got his rematch with Grimmjow, but the villains are rarely given that kind of development, so Nnoitra would have lost much of his charm if he survives and returns to fight again later.

TheChosenOne
February 06, 2008, 09:34 PM
Oh, I must have missed that part. That does sound interesting. I'm always up for seeing Kenpachi fight, and him having some sort of new power would be great. I think if he learned to release his sword he might be one of the, if not the, strongest captain. At least besides Yamamoto perhaps.

I am confused now, when I checked OneManga, page 14 states Kenpachi saying that he is gonna use (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/308/14/) his sword to show his gratitude, but the page on mangashare only states (http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-308/page014.html) Kenpachi returning the favor. Well the translation of Molokidan and two others states the former, so I guess Kenpachi will use his sword. :)

Yeah, well if he's defeated then he's pretty much proven his worth, or rather that he is unable to stand up to Kenpachi, so the next time both sides fight we would know that Nnnoitra can be defeated. I guess badguys could technically 'grow' liek Ichigo did before he got his rematch with Grimmjow, but the villains are rarely given that kind of development, so Nnoitra would have lost much of his charm if he srvives and returns to fight again later.I hope Grimm is the exception, I think he is most likely the only espada that has conflict inside them or has potential to have that conflict. Maybe I just wanna see Grimm as an ally to Ichigo. I hope Nnoi does die, cuz like you said there would be no point of him living and fighting another day when it's proved that he can be defeated. :)

hollowdemon
February 07, 2008, 04:07 AM
nnoitra looked really desperate this chapter by even going to his whole tip tounge cero technique but kenpachi doesnt even seem swayed by it. well im pretty much happy that FINALLY what ive been wishing for is coming true with mostly about kenpachi and nnoitra since sooner or later we'll see what both have to reveal and show as the battle progressed :D

greek mangaka
February 07, 2008, 06:34 AM
ken will reveal his shikai and evereythin will end":P

ManyHack
February 07, 2008, 10:09 AM

That's what we hope... or a release.

TheChosenOne
February 07, 2008, 01:10 PM

That is very likely considering Ken did say that he wants to use his sword to show Nnoi how powerful he is. :)

Marvstar
February 07, 2008, 01:49 PM
That is very likely considering Ken did say that he wants to use his sword to show Nnoi how powerful he is. :)

Also after the Kenpachi and Ichigo fight in the soul society, Kenpachi stated that it may not be so bad, calling out his swords name :]

AnimeLoverX
February 08, 2008, 07:11 AM
woooooo 309 is OUT!
sexy chapter

hyn_pride93
February 09, 2008, 01:30 AM
Ken is already in his shikai form. Youroichi has already stated that Kenz zanpaktou is just like Ichigoz. its a long term shikai. he may not know its name, but im only repeating what i saw from the episode when Youroichi was first talking to Ichigo after she transformed back to her regular form after being a cat for like ever.