PDA

View Full Version : Question if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

Oblivion
January 27, 2008, 03:31 PM
i guess someday some one or two of the characters are gonna die. so who would it be?

i think maybe kenpachi is gonna die in this battle...but i so hope for ultimate pwnge :D

or Inoue and so be something to Ichigo like Kotori was to Kamui,

maybe Rukia?

i don't think chad is gonna die, he isn't as important that his death might come of as devastating, but rather evolve someday (hopefully or you can call him the next yamchu...)

maybe grimmjaw? Q comes out of the cube and kills him with one hit. i think this is likely

Tsukisama
January 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
Well, even though Kenpachi has been stabbed through the chest right now, with Orihime present I doubt there is any wound that is beyond her capabilities. She reconstituted Grimm's arm from nothing; I wouldn't be surprised if she tried hard enough that she could resurrect the dead. Unless Orihime is killed off or Kubo decides to keep her ignorant of the true scope of her powers, I doubt anyone on the heroes' side will die in HM.

Oblivion
January 27, 2008, 06:39 PM
I doubt anyone on the heroes' side will die in HM.
i mean generally in the whole manga

decadencia
January 29, 2008, 05:28 AM
well seeing the type of manga this is i doubt anyone dies. no one dies in shonen LOL you can always bring back to life... somehow... but i really do hope someone dies *cough* toshiro *cough* some big character would be nice....

patedecarne
January 29, 2008, 06:55 AM
The main problem to kill someone in bleach is Orihime Inoue, sure she can bring back the dead one, like she did to the two bodyguards in the tunnel after Ulquiorra showed up(forgot the tunnel's name...), but would be cool if Orihime was the first person to die in bleach, certainly would be sad, but then we will have a crazy plot twistin the story

so, Orihime dead = best and perfect movement from Kubo, trust me...

dreamzsai
January 29, 2008, 07:00 AM
Hmm, it's either Noitora or Kenpachi right? And seeing how good guys can never die in Bleach, it has to be Noitora. =/

Tsukisama
January 29, 2008, 04:38 PM
The main problem to kill someone in bleach is Orihime Inoue, sure she can bring back the dead one, like she did to the two bodyguards in the tunnel after Ulquiorra showed up(forgot the tunnel's name...), but would be cool if Orihime was the first person to die in bleach, certainly would be sad, but then we will have a crazy plot twistin the story

so, Orihime dead = best and perfect movement from Kubo, trust me...

I agree. With Orihime around, none of the characters on the side of good are in danger of dying and staying dead, since she could reject fate and bring anyone back to life. Orihime is the most logical choice to die; either that or find some way to limit or remove her powers to help return the fear of death for the reader.

hollowdemon
January 30, 2008, 05:13 AM
most likely its going to be orihime. She's the one thats involved with the hougyoku and possibly with the whole idea of reversing the hougyoku from being created she could be in jeopardy of getting killed so most likely ill say orihime. Grimmjow could possibly be the next one killed but i dont necessarily count him as a good guy. Just a kool person thats going to die

Oblivion
January 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
well seeing the type of manga this is i doubt anyone dies. no one dies in shonen LOL you can always bring back to life... somehow...

well the lead characters never die, or come back one way or the other ~cough~ DB ~cough~

but in naruto Azuma and Jiraya were offed, so some side characters might step down too.

Orihime would be the best choice, this would be such a sweet Kamui-Kotori situation again.
and it would give Bleach some serious depth.

patedecarne
January 30, 2008, 02:18 PM
It's not very common to kill main characters, except by Final Fantasy 7(Aerith) and I really could see some resemblance between Aerith and Orihime: both of them are kind persons, doesn't like to fight, doesn't even hurt a single person and really doesn't deserve to die and care very much about the main character, and in both cases, could be the perfect match to the main characters, and in FF 7, when Aerith died, half of the world wanted kill Sephiroth, and the other half was shocked with that crazy plot twist

Now let's think what if Aizen kills Orihime: I foresee the third world war coming to Aizen, and Bleach will become a serious and sad story... would be a good thing

gigantor21
January 30, 2008, 07:47 PM
Orihime's death is the only solution to her ridiculous, plot-bending ability.

One of the few things Bleach had going for it after SS was the death factor. When people died, they didn't come back in some convenient way. Sure, Kubo's compensated by making everyone cyborgs--able to fight at, and above, 100%, no matter how hurt they are--but at least it wasn't explicitly written into the plot. And you see that kind of thing all the time. Hajime no Ippo is a great example of that approach done right.

But now, we know Orihime can reject the sheer existence of anything at her feet , making the quaint little idea of permanent death--or REAL death--a distant memory.

I don't get why mangaka, or authors in general, write ressurrection crap into their stories like this. It almost NEVER works, because it's way too machinaic to be plausible most of the time. But here, Kubo went a step further, and did it in the worst possible way--with no limits and no restrictions. Orihime doesn't lose part of her own life, or only get to do it once or twice, or anything like that. There's no sacrifice. As long as she's around, no one has to worry, and there's no genuine dramatic tension.

Kubo making her a "Get Out Of Hell" card ruined her character for me.

She's gotta go. Not only would that up the stakes again, a genuine death would show Ichigo he can't save everyone, no matter how strong he gets or how much he wants to. The story would be a lot better without her.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2008, 08:02 PM
The only plausible way I can see letting Orihime live is if her "god-like" powers relate somehow to the spirit king and maybe she ends up having to live in the spirit king's dimension or something. She is just too powerful. There is another character with the same powers, Hachi of the vizards, but at least with him being a vizard, I doubt that he will be intervening too much in coming to the aid of every character.

hollowdemon
February 16, 2008, 08:16 AM
well all we can see now is that shes in aizens palm and she cant do much since he doesnt even have to lift a single finger cuz his espadas would just take action to retrieve her back. I dont see other than orihime dying to unlock ichigos true power and just blast away everybody else since anybody else dead ..... i dont see happening unless its like a full frontal war where we have a COUPLE of people dying but if its just one i say orihime

side not - dreamzsai where did u get ur sig from? that kicks ass and .... did it actually happen at one point ?

Arrogance
September 05, 2009, 11:07 PM
Ok so a lot of people here I notice really would love to see Kubo have one of the good guys get killed off or die for once. If you had the choice, who would you like to see go? Here you can discuss your thoughts on this as well as explain your thoughts on who would be a reasonable character to have killed off in this manga.

Ok so to start things off two characters I could easily see being killed off are Yama or Ukitake. Ukitake has his Tuberculosis to worry about and as well currently has a giant gaping hole in his chest. lol. I could see this factors leading to his death in some ways down the road. Yama has the age factor, he is very old and has lived for such a long time so you figure his times gotta be up at some point. I could see him dying in battle against Aizen.

Anywho just to reiterate you could post who you would like to kill off in bleach for personal reasons (like akiyama, lol) as well as discuss who you think would die based on the current storyline and what type of effect that characters death would have on it (like Zatono did). Either approach works here.

Zatono
September 05, 2009, 11:13 PM
Meh, Yama dying is to easy to predict though. I'd rather it be someone unexpected, like Rukia. She needs to die. Not extremely useful, and the only way she's gonna get stronger is by getting bankai, which is way out of line if she does.

Her death will also be pretty significant to the following people: Ichigo, Byakuya, Renji, Ukitake, and maybe even Ishida, Chad, and Orihime.

Random101
September 05, 2009, 11:14 PM
Let's see... my list for the great character purge is, more or less.

Lower Ranks:
Those two under Ukitake
Yumichika
The lower ranked 4th division people save Hanatarou

Vice Captains:
Iba
1st division VC
Kira
Isane
Hisagi
Maybe Nemu

Captains:
Umm... Maybe Mayuri, if only because Ishida letting him live was retarded
Uh... Komamura, if only because WTF IS THAT GUY!?
Uh... Yeah that's about it...

That cuts down about half of soul Society at least.

Vizards:
Love, Rose, Mashiro, and Maybe Kensei or Hachi (Doesn't really matter which) to cut down about half of the Vizards.

Hollows: About HALF of the freaking Fraccion. It doesn't matter. Then again, they're all dead anyway so meh.

Going purely to cut down the characters to something more manageable. In the process I'd also cut the divison's down to about 5 and have said captains work under the more experienced ones. For lulz.

Not sure what I'd legitimately do for canon though as in really killing them off. *Shrug*

Akiyama
September 05, 2009, 11:15 PM
I would kill off Momo, she gets on my nerves. Always in the way and causing trouble. She is still in love with Aizen and probably wants to be stabbed by him again, she's that delusional and idiotic. :p

Arrogance
September 05, 2009, 11:24 PM
Meh, Yama dying is to easy to predict though. I'd rather it be someone unexpected, like Rukia. She needs to die. Not extremely useful, and the only way she's gonna get stronger is by getting bankai, which is way out of line if she does.

Her death will also be pretty significant to the following people: Ichigo, Byakuya, Renji, Ukitake, and maybe even Ishida, Chad, and Orihime.
Well right, I was taking the realistic approach to who I think would get killed off If Kubo really had to kill someone. I like your approach though, Rukia is very unexpected and very closely connected to a lot of people in the storyline.

Anywho just to reiterate you could post who you would like to kill off in bleach for personal reasons (like akiyama, lol) as well as discuss who you think would die based on the current storyline and what type of effect that characters death would have on it (like Zatono did). Either approach works here ;)

Random101
September 05, 2009, 11:43 PM
Mine is technically make those characters never exist, because Kubo created too damn many.

Arrogance
September 05, 2009, 11:49 PM
Mine is technically make those characters never exist, because Kubo created too damn many.
Ok well then what would you do for the story. Who would you kill of canonically? Like who would you see being a reasonable person to kill off or the person could not even be reasonable just as long as you could back up your claims, lol.

Aikidoka
September 06, 2009, 12:00 AM
If Kubo started killing off characters he'd either have to kill off many at once or not kill any at all. If he kills off one he'd make that character more significant (whether on purpose or unintentionally); the only way he could kill off unnecessary characters and keep it relatively unimportant/unemotional would be to kill off several at once.

I would prefer for all the side characters to be killed off...there's just so many that all this juggling is making it hard to get on track with the plot. For now it's cool because the characters that Kubo's juggling are cool, but what happens when the novelty wears off? Even now they're detracting from the characters that (imo) really matter.

Arrogance
September 06, 2009, 12:03 AM
If Kubo started killing off characters he'd either have to kill off many at once or not kill any at all. If he kills off one he'd make that character more significant (whether on purpose or unintentionally); the only way he could kill off unnecessary characters and keep it relatively unimportant/unemotional would be to kill off several at once.

I would prefer for all the side characters to be killed off...there's just so many that all this juggling is making it hard to get on track with the plot. For now it's cool because the characters that Kubo's juggling are cool, but what happens when the novelty wears off? Even now they're detracting from the characters that (imo) really matter.
Well lets see, it really depends on what characters he kills off though. If he was to kill off a side character then he would be making he/she more significant. But what if he was to kill off someone who is already significant like Yama? See what I'm getting at. Its not like he would be ruining the plot then or some characters that way.

Aikidoka
September 06, 2009, 12:43 AM
Well lets see, it really depends on what characters he kills off though. If he was to kill off a side character then he would be making he/she more significant. But what if he was to kill off someone who is already significant like Yama? See what I'm getting at. Its not like he would be ruining the plot then or some characters that way.
Hm, that's true.

If it were someone like Yama then I suppose it would be okay to give him a quick death, not something like the whole arc devoted to Asuma in Naruto. It would be shocking but we also wouldn't need to develop Yama as much.

Arrogance
September 06, 2009, 12:52 AM
Hm, that's true.

If it were someone like Yama then I suppose it would be okay to give him a quick death, not something like the whole arc devoted to Asuma in Naruto. It would be shocking but we also wouldn't need to develop Yama as much.
Yea you figure killing off an already developed character would be shocking, entertaining, and wouldn't require too much back story to cover it. Although that is the bright side with peoples deaths, you usually end up getting a quick flashback or something remembering him and Flashbacks bout Yama would be pretty sweet. Maybe we could see what he was like when he wasn't as old, lol. So a good point from this to consider is that in killing off a character we would most likely get some back story on this character, so thats just something else thats interesting for everyone to consider in choosing who should be killed off ;)

benelori
September 06, 2009, 08:37 AM
Now, ukitake's death would certainly get shunsui mad, which i would like to see. If there is someone who can kill ukitake, then he would definitely cause problems to shunsui, which would trigger yama's intervention.

Considering byakuya, ichigo and rukia are in HM, rukia's death would 'cuz problems, ichigo would go mad and byakuya will definitely get murderous.

Also tessai or maybe yoruichi's death would cause a big fuss. But i think yoruichi should die, becuz i need tessai to prove he's god level above hacchi...lol

Arrogance
September 06, 2009, 08:48 AM
Now that we are talking bout deaths that could drive a person over board (Ukitake to Shunsui)(Rukia to like half the characters :XD) another one that I thought of that would really set Ichigo overboard would be Orihime. Not I see great problems with this in that she has theis godly ability that keeps getting hyped like she has to do something really amazing with it down the road, but I do think her death would hurt Ichigo a little more than Rukia. We just got a taste of what His bond to her is like in his battle with Ulqs in which he was so determined to save her right before he turned Ichigonator. If thats what happened then, then I wonder what would happen to him with her death :XD. See thats the bright side to the death of either Rukia or Orihime, it could really change Ichigo and could lead to him doing something drastic and epic, maybe even killing his opponent on purpose, that battle instinct Shirosaki is talking about may actually come out.....or shirosaki himself could just come out :XD

benelori
September 06, 2009, 10:35 AM
^^Good point, i think U got it right even with one of the reasons she won't die...her ability. But ichigonator would come out for all the nakama, i think, keigo, too.
Ichigo is just like that, he even became shinigami for that reason.

I'm just curious though, how would gin react, if matsumoto would die. I think his smile would fade a little bit. They have a sort of good relationship. Of course gin won't go overboard for her, but she is one of the few people who care about him

poobert
September 06, 2009, 10:54 AM
I think Yama should go along with Shunsui, Ukitake and Orhime.

Yama needs to die at the hands of Aizen before the finale, Shunsui and Ukitake are the "old school" captains who should just die. I have no patience for people who drag the manga on for ages because they are too chicken to use their bankai.

Orhime has proven to be uber useless. Her power sucks compared to Hacchi. Before the vizard arc we thought she was useless and it was true. Then Aizen seemed to have some interest, so we thought, maybe she can do something after all? But no. Aizen just played everyone. She is just as useless as we thought she was originally.

Can you recall the extent of her power ups over the last few years?
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/310/06/
This is her major power up since the SS arc. Her shield can push people back a tiny bit.

Hopefully after she dies, Ichi will get his final power up.

Arrogance
September 06, 2009, 02:36 PM
Well the thing with Orihime is that her power is also new to her and also her hearts not there for fighting. Lets be serious though, her awesome ability which hachi has as well is for Hachi something he had to create. It took his genius, his hollow powers, and his amazing skill at kido to develop it. Now when you look at it, for Orihime, all these skills which took Hachi a lot of work to create, comes naturally to her. Therefore she has the most room for potential in this type of skill and could really become powerful and useful and surpass Hachis abilities. Right now her powers have been given some hype and foreshadowing from both Aizen and Hachi so even though she sucks now down the road she should be very important. Thats why if she did die she would cause a lot of problems and strike a chord with ichigo that would unleash some stored power, yet at the same time I don't see it happening because of the foreshadowing Kubo has placed around her. Thats why I like the idea for Rukia a little better because her power isn't as important to the story and she will still strike an emotional chord with several members of the bleachverse.

NyxOne
September 06, 2009, 02:38 PM
About the only 'foreshadowing' placed around her is Ulquiorra's statement of "She is already one of us" or something. I vouch for her death to strike a chord in Ichigo.

Also, pretty much everyone who's useless.

Arrogance
September 06, 2009, 08:45 PM
I would personally say there is more hype to her than that....well her ability at least. Aizen's speech about it rejecting events and then Hachi's conversation with her do a lot to show that she has a lot of potential with her ability. Honestly its only because of her ability that she would stay alive, if it turns out nothing happens with her powers then she should just die but from what I've seen now Kubo has been hinting at some importance in it so I still see her staying alive for now.

Eddy01741
September 06, 2009, 11:32 PM
If I could kill off any good guy?

Orihime, I'm tired of her being a damsel in distress. I mean, SS sent 4 captains over to HM just to save her. At least Rukia has a more interesting relationship with Ichigo, and doesn't just helplessly cry "Kurosaki-Kun!" all day. Plus, her powers are more or less made obsolete by Hachi.

WHo do I think is going to believe (to answer the original topic question):

Well, every bad guy obviously, they're bound to die (with the exception of like... Grimmjow so far), so obviously they're going to die.

As for good guys, I think Yama-jii is most susceptible to death. He's very very old, and he's the benchmark that Aizen must beat (and Ichigo must in turn beat in order to defeat Aizen in the end). So I think that for Aizen to prove that he is worthy of being the king of SS, he must first defeat, and kill Yamamoto first.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 01:15 AM
The one character I would kill off would have to omaeda. To me he is not just the most annoying character in bleach but also serves no real purpose. I have wished so many times for him to get axed but with no luck.

Obscenity
September 07, 2009, 02:36 AM
/nod YES! Omeada is completely useless. The only reason that Barragan didn't just dust him, I think was that he was so pathetic, he was laughing to himself. He couldn't get a deep enough breath to really let the Respira fly... then Soifon hit him with some science, saving his sorry ass. I mean, even Iba has a better developed personality, and he's likeable as the inevitable foil to Ikkaku. Hitsugaya would be a good choice to really shock things into a sense of "Oh shit! If he died, we all might have a target on our back." But of course KT likes to have a paycheck every week, so that ain't happening anytime soon. Momo'd be a good choice, at least among the VC's present, since she is still clearly in Aizen's grasp, whether she admits it or not. I'd love to see Genryusei wipe her out when she tries to save Aizen. He's ruthless enough to do it. In fact, his aggressiveness has played right into Aizen's hands practically everytime. But I won't get into the crazy theory department right now. If it's gonna be plot related, I think for it to be the powerful statement we're all looking for, it has to be a captain, and one we're all attached to. Yama could die, but really, he's just been the grumpy old war monger so far, kinda like Dick Cheney, so no one'll really miss him. As much as I hate to say it, I think of the Captains present in FKT at the moment, Shunsui'd be the best target to make a major impact in the story. And believe me, I'd hate that, as he's my favorite captain by far, but for a great story, and for the inevitable victory to mean as much, sacrifices must be made.

I also agree that Orihime is being portrayed badly in recent chapters, she's being turned into Kagome from Inuyasha... it's sickening. I mean her power is unstoppable, if she'd use it right. Let's hope she snaps out of it, and develops some backbone soon, as I'd hate to see such potential never develop. Mayuri is too useful as a plot device to kill off yet, but so help me if Uuryu doesn't at least make a play for his blood when the war is over, I'll never respect him again. Chad seems to have too much going on with his powers at the moment to die, and Unohana still has to show us why everyone fears her before she is eliminated. I think the best choice for death on the HM side is Byakuya. He could have his hero moment, saving Renji, and Renji'd have his little speech about, "Who am I gonna fight now?" and there'd be tears, and maybe Rukia could be made head of the Kuchiki clan. Then she'd have to get tougher, and maybe there'd be a female character that wouldn't be a pushover. Plus with Ichigo's "friendly" rival on ice, he'd have that little nugget of rage inside that he'd never get to tease him again, or prove his thinking wrong. And maybe, just maybe, Ichigo would take a lesson from Byakuya's book, and develop a little discipline in honor of his fallen rival. That's how I see it from the story side anyhow. Rukia's too easy to kill, and it'd just be one more example of Kubo portraying the female characters as objects of pity and weakness. But if he does off her, I hope she has an absolutely brutal death, none of this slow lingering, I hope she goes out biting and screaming, but none of this, "maybe she made it" crap. I'm talking ripped in half by Roid Rage Yammy or something. I want shock value, dammit. Anyway, I'm running way long here, so yeah, Kubo, get the lead out, and kill someone, already!

Arctigor
September 07, 2009, 06:44 AM
I would like to see yamamoto dead if he doesn't go in bankai and kick everyone's asses. It pisses me off. He is staying there while other captains are working hard and he doesn't move an inch to help them.

Mifune_Taichou
September 07, 2009, 10:19 AM
If we had to have a good guy die my list goes like this:

1. Orihime-pleeease KT kill her NOW. She is the most annoying, useless, crap, pathetic character in the UNIVERSE. I bet she comes top in the worst character polls run by ALIENS millions of light years away from us who come to earth to watch bleach just to see that YES a character this bad really does exist. She does NOTHING, screams Kurosaki Kun all the time and the nausiating Ichigoxorihime shippers make it even worse. Every single second Orihime gets screentime bleach is terrible. Rukia not getting screentime because of her is a crime-she is ACTUALLY a good character. Ok now that my rant in bold is over heres the logical reason-sane people hate her and at the same time her death will piss off ichigo a lot as well as other people for some reason( why rukia actually cares about orihime is beyond me-like when did THAT happen?)

2. Momo Hinamori-she is winy, useless and her death will spur Hitsugaya on to even greater badassery.

3.Omaeda-crap, crap, crap. Did I mention he is crap?

4.Mayuri-he's entertaining an all but hes not someone you WANT around-him dieing will allow Urahara to resume his rightful place. He's still a captain so his death would count as "sad".

NyxOne
September 07, 2009, 10:24 AM
You know, as horrible as the prospect of Rukia being torn in two by Yammy is, if Kubo mans up and has the balls to do it instead of glorfying his shinigami at every opportunity, I will actually dryly chuckle if it happens.

Why?

Because Kubo will have finally proven what is already obvious- that women in Bleach just fail in comparison to their male counterparts.

Oh, good luck for an ant-like non-VC to go out 'biting and screaming' when Yammy can likely just crush her like a freaking insect.

Mifune_Taichou
September 07, 2009, 10:34 AM
You know, as horrible as the prospect of Rukia being torn in two by Yammy is, if Kubo mans up and has the balls to do it instead of glorfying his shinigami at every opportunity, I will actually dryly chuckle if it happens.

Why?

Because Kubo will have finally proven what is already obvious- that women in Bleach just fail in comparison to their male counterparts.

Oh, good luck for an ant-like non-VC to go out 'biting and screaming' when Yammy can likely just crush her like a freaking insect.

yep its too true that KT just makes women fail epicly. he MAY redeem himself when Unohanna and Yoruichi finally have a treal fight who knows. So far its been pretty bad. Soi Fon cracking barragans skull and taking his arm off was something but not enough.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 10:40 AM
If we had to have a good guy die my list goes like this:

1. Orihime-pleeease KT kill her NOW. She is the most annoying, useless, crap, pathetic character in the UNIVERSE. I bet she comes top in the worst character polls run by ALIENS millions of light years away from us who come to earth to watch bleach just to see that YES a character this bad really does exist. She does NOTHING, screams Kurosaki Kun all the time and the nausiating Ichigoxorihime shippers make it even worse. Every single second Orihime gets screentime bleach is terrible. Rukia not getting screentime because of her is a crime-she is ACTUALLY a good character. Ok now that my rant in bold is over heres the logical reason-sane people hate her and at the same time her death will piss off ichigo a lot as well as other people for some reason( why rukia actually cares about orihime is beyond me-like when did THAT happen?)

2. Momo Hinamori-she is winy, useless and her death will spur Hitsugaya on to even greater badassery.

3.Omaeda-crap, crap, crap. Did I mention he is crap?

4.Mayuri-he's entertaining an all but hes not someone you WANT around-him dieing will allow Urahara to resume his rightful place. He's still a captain so his death would count as "sad".

Mifune_Taichou FTW!!! :D

I have to admit that i do fall for the whole damsel in distress thing Orihime has going on... lol :amuse
[hr]

yep its too true that KT just makes women fail epicly. he MAY redeem himself when Unohanna and Yoruichi finally have a treal fight who knows. So far its been pretty bad. Soi Fon cracking barragans skull and taking his arm off was something but not enough.

they are the two i have my eyes on to redeem the women in bleach. I personally want Yoruichi to be the one to WTF PWN who ever she goes up against.

Mifune_Taichou
September 07, 2009, 10:45 AM
Mifune_Taichou FTW!!! :D

I have to admit that i do fall for the whole damsel in distress thing Orihime has going on... lol :amuse
<hr noshade size="1">

they are the two i have my eyes on to redeem the women in bleach. I personally want Yoruichi to be the one to WTF PWN who ever she goes up against.

haha thanks. me too i expect a lot from Yoruichi-when you think about it without using a zanpakutoh she can fight with captain level opponents. when she uses her zan and bankai she will be 10x times stronger!

NyxOne
September 07, 2009, 10:49 AM
Wait till Kubo botches that up, too. I only have hopes in Unohana, and even then, I have the lingering feeling that she'll disappoint.

Mifune_Taichou
September 07, 2009, 11:06 AM
Wait till Kubo botches that up, too. I only have hopes in Unohana, and even then, I have the lingering feeling that she'll disappoint.

Oh man I really hope he doesnt. She SHOULD wtfpwn the next person she fights unless its Aizen.

I see Kt doing something like:

She's winning easily and then suddeny her opponent comes out some fucked up power out of left field and she has to be saved by Urahara again.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 11:21 AM
yeah that would just be really bad on Kubos part if Yoruichi ends up needing to be saved. i like to think she is as strong as Urahara so she wont need to be saved like so many have.

NyxOne
September 07, 2009, 11:43 AM
With what Kubo did to Ukitake, I haven't any high hopes for anyone in Soul Society who's 'high powered'. Besides, all Yama does is sit on his ass and set the occasional thing on fire, and Shunsui may or may not get serious. Certainly doesn't look like he will, with him being fine to sit on his ass and watch his friend that may or may not be missing his heart bleed to death.

And of course Yoru'll be saved, she's a Bleach chick. Look at the track record:

Nemu- saved.

Soi- saved.

Orihime- saved. Twice.

Rukia- saved.

Nanao- saved.

Hinamori- saved.

Matsumoto- saved.

Isane- possibly.

Hiyori- saved.

Lisa- saved. Though both by necessity really.

That pretty much leaves only Yachiru, Unohana, Shiba and Yoru out. I expect them to follow suit. Well, two of them, since Shiba's just vanished and Yachiru can't fight, but still.

By the way, Yama can't die, because he's about the only shinigami we've ever seen qualified to lead. The rest is a rabble. Mostly.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 11:49 AM
yeah I find it strange how we havent seen anything about Ukitake. is he dead or alive?

Since this is bleach there is a 99.99% chance he is still alive... but how?
One of the many question yet to be answered... sigh..

NyxOne
September 07, 2009, 11:52 AM
What's more remarkable is that Shunsui doesn't give a shit than Ukitake being dead or not.

And Ukitake's death will be welcomed, if he is dead, because Kubo's manned up and killed a beloved shinigami. Could have offed those worthless VCs with Allon, but, meh. Matsumoto, Hina and Hisagi rank high on polls. Could have killed Iba, though, the most useless shinigami ever made as a character, but, no.

Arrogance
September 07, 2009, 11:56 AM
yeah I find it strange how we havent seen anything about Ukitake. is he dead or alive?

Since this is bleach there is a 99.99% chance he is still alive... but how?
One of the many question yet to be answered... sigh..
See the way it goes for most characters in bleach, if they are dead then we see the body. This we could reflect to that chaotic month where people actually thought Hitsu killed Halibel and Barragan was killed by the nuke. I was calm and collected and new they would be back because we never saw a body, they were just trapped in ice and smoke. The lesson is that until we see a body the characters still alive. Not saying there isn't a chance he could die for this hole and his tuberculosis down the road but as for now I'm betting he's still alive due to no body being showed.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 12:21 PM
See the way it goes for most characters in bleach, if they are dead then we see the body. This we could reflect to that chaotic month where people actually thought Hitsu killed Halibel and Barragan was killed by the nuke. I was calm and collected and new they would be back because we never saw a body, they were just trapped in ice and smoke. The lesson is that until we see a body the characters still alive. Not saying there isn't a chance he could die for this hole and his tuberculosis down the road but as for now I'm betting he's still alive due to no body being showed.

the first time i saw him get shish kabob-ed i was like WTF!!! i mean this has never happened (by never happened i mean getting stabbed and having the hand going threw the other side not like Kenpachi who did get stabbed but not so severely and excluding Ichigo getting the hole in his chest cause he is the "main" character) before so i was thinking how he can get out of this alive. so i started thinking, and thinking, and after a bit more thinking couldn't come up with an excuse of how he was going to be fine and dandy.

the only thing i can think of at the moment is Kira is frantically trying to save him.

One crazy thought i had was that Ukitake used this...

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/299/17/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/299/18/

IDK it is possible right?

Is my idea far-fetched?

Arrogance
September 07, 2009, 12:30 PM
Your Idea's a LITTLE farfetched because we did see blood and him falling to the ground. So the only other option then is an Ice Clone :XD. No so I really think he's been hit. And you are right though, Ichigo got out of it because he's the mancharacter and has thos maincharacter powers that help you get out of anything :XD. So things do seem dim for Ukitake. If he is to die though I would have to say I want to see him get up while wounded, do something epic, and then finnally collapse due to the gaping hole, his tuberculosis, and just sheer exhaustion. I think that would be a fair way for him to go.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 12:36 PM
yeah if he were to die i think its only fair he goes out with a bang. At least show us your Bankai Uki!!!! :darn

Arrogance
September 07, 2009, 12:39 PM
yeah if he were to die i think its only fair he goes out with a bang. At least show us your Bankai Uki!!!! :darn
well thats the reason why i think he would have to go out with a bang, because we haven't seen his bankai yet. His abilities have been hyped so there is enough hype surrounding him that it just seems impossible for him to die without us seeing his bankai. So i figure he could come back, epicly use his banka on someone, and then just die.....simple yet effective :D

NyxOne
September 07, 2009, 01:26 PM
Or the bankai has magical hole-sealing properties.

Betting on it.

Arrogance
September 07, 2009, 01:29 PM
Or the bankai has magical hole-sealing properties.

Betting on it.
I thought of something like that once as a joke way back. He uses his shikai to take flesh from his opponent and redirect it into his chest cavity to seal it :darn. That would be an unepic yet commical way for him to get out of this injury :XD. So I'm hoping the Bankai doesn't regenerate or heal anything for him.....

Eddy01741
September 07, 2009, 02:06 PM
Well, they still have miracle healer #2 in Hachi at the scene (Miracle healer #1 being Orihime, numbers of course representing time of first appearence and not of ability). I mean, he healed a freaking hairclip, so I'm sure he could heal Uki's chest/heart (who knows, maybe Kubo will use his healing as an excuse to get rid of his TB, doubt it though).

But yeah, Ukitake in all likelihood will not die yet since he hasn't shown his bankai.

Zatono
September 07, 2009, 04:10 PM
Watch, Shunsui and Ukitake aren't even going to get to show their bankai until much later. Like, Royal Arc later, and when they DO show their bankai's, they'll instantly jump to the "Above Vaizard but below Aizen/Yama" Tier, but then die =(

Obscenity
September 07, 2009, 08:24 PM
My thoughts on the Ukitake situation are that he's badly hurt, but I think he's smokescreening a bit. I don't think Shunsui is a bad enough friend or analyst of battle damage to slack off if his best friend's life were truly at stake. For one, Uki's used to dealing with reduced lung function, obviously.

So if he has a hole in one lung, he can get by, I'm sure, especially if he lays still, and lets everyone assume he bit it. He's honestly probably trying to get a read on WW right now, trying to gain an advantage against him. Also, let's not forget that Kyoraku and he have been partners in crime for what, 2000 years? I'm fairly certain he knows what his buddy can take and what he can't. I think the initial rage we saw on his face after the WW cheap shot was simply a gut reaction to the fact that his buddy just got sucker "punched" and it was a bad one at that.

Plus, I imagine he was pissed that they attacked him after Ukitake had just told him to essentially take it easy on them by not releasing his bankai. If Ukitake were in true danger of dying right then and there, I'd think that Shunsui'd "grab him up, and run him outta there" to quote Forrest Gump. He's done it before, so we know Shunsui's got the wheels, so to speak, to take him far away and make it back in the blink of an eye. And while we're on the subject, how the hell does a spirit being contract TB in the first place? Like if Uki were put into a gigai, would his meat suit have it too?

For that matter why does a spirit being need to breathe? I guess you could make the arguement that they breathe because of the same thing that makes them need to eat, but I don't know. I know it's rather pointless to try to apply logic to an imaginary world where people's spirits rise up and become gods of death in order to protect other spirits from evil spirits who didn't get to "heaven", etc., etc...

But come on! Omeada needs to die so he can donate his lungs to Ukitake. I think Uki is hurt badly enough that after this fight is over, he'll be in the ICU til he can make his dramatic enterance in the Royal arc, saving everyone out of nowhere in full Bankai glory, where he can finally die the hero's death that he deserves. I mean come on, he's clearly Doc Holiday to Shunsui's Wyatt Earpp. He has to die to save his best friend's life, he isn't going out to disease or a cheap shot, he'll die a good death.

NyxOne
September 08, 2009, 08:45 AM
Having reduced lung function is hardly equal to someone tearing a hole through your chest.

And, again, if Shunsui gave a shit, he would have taken Ukitake somewhere else. Instead, he seems disturbingly content to just sit and watch his "lifelong" friend bleed out.

Ukitake's done nothing to deserve a hero's death, either. If he dies here, I'll applaud Kubo, because he's both killed off someone with hype, and killed off someone with hype incredibly abruptly.

Mifune_Taichou
September 08, 2009, 10:26 AM
Having reduced lung function is hardly equal to someone tearing a hole through your chest.

And, again, if Shunsui gave a shit, he would have taken Ukitake somewhere else. Instead, he seems disturbingly content to just sit and watch his "lifelong" friend bleed out.

Ukitake's done nothing to deserve a hero's death, either. If he dies here, I'll applaud Kubo, because he's both killed off someone with hype, and killed off someone with hype incredibly abruptly.

True but I will be too pissed at KT for not showing me Ukitakes bankai to praise him lol. When he shows his bankai, he can die and pave the way for Ichigo to take over his division and make Rukia his VC( you all know it will happen)

Arrogance
September 08, 2009, 10:29 AM
True but I will be too pissed at KT for not showing me Ukitakes bankai to praise him lol. When he shows his bankai, he can die and pave the way for Ichigo to take over his division and make Rukia his VC( you all know it will happen)
Yea same thing. I have no problem with Ukitake dying but I just wanna see that freakin bankai first :darn. Like it would be a good twist and change of pace to kill off a hyped character yet at the same time I don't want to miss an epic bankai either :darn

Mifune_Taichou
September 08, 2009, 03:13 PM
Tottaly i wouldnt mind losing Uki because hes good and nice but hes not one for the future because of his illness. All that remains for him is mediocrity so the best way for him to go out is now at the peak of his powers by going all out and taking down a powerful opponent like the primera or Gin or WW. The problem for SS is that they already have 3 empty seats and they dont need another one cos who will fill them?

Ichigo is barely decent even with his mask on(not talking igonator),
Renji is terrible, Ikkaku (while his bankai looks cool is actually pretty shit and no one else has bankai).If kira and Yumichika get bankais they will be epic AND they have what it takes to run a division(yumichika wouldnt want to though). Until then though good fighters are damn thin on the ground. They'll need to beg Kensei rose and Shinji to take up their old positions)

Reiiko
October 12, 2009, 10:53 PM
I hope nobody is too annoyed that I revived this thread, but because of current events, I thought it might be nice to bring it up.

Hiyori is split in half. And I mean really, split in half.
Doesn't Kubo have to draw the line somewhere? Even though this is a shounen, I'm pretty sure there's some degree of realism in here somebody has to die eventually. Hiyori seems a likely candidate. Thoughts?

poobert
October 13, 2009, 05:26 AM
Yeh but unfortunately the last page was Ichigo rushing back and words can he make it!!!! Which in kubo language means yes. Yes he can. Orhime will then go in to some long winded crap about Oh! I can't do it! I'm too weak! And Hachi will go, yes you can! I'll show you! remember when I healed your useless tsubabsi thing that dies every time you use it? Then she will power up and heal the most annoying vizard and Aizen will be like, OMFGWTFBBQ! she healed a dead woman, this is GODS power! Unohana will then be like, I must teach this woman my special healery ways! And no one will die except for the bad guys because this is bleach and only Arrancar are allowed to die, but not really because they evaporate instead of just lie there with their guts all over the floor.

Please please Kubo, let this not come true!

Arrogance
October 13, 2009, 10:03 AM
I would give him some credit if he did kill of Hiyori. Like she was a random person that no one expected to get hurt this bad and she is in a really bad condition right now. Honestly though I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo keeps her alive because well....its Kubo. I'm fully ready for Ichigo to fly out of a Garganta with Orihime to save her. lol.

Jamil2009
October 13, 2009, 12:46 PM
Yeh but unfortunately the last page was Ichigo rushing back and words can he make it!!!! Which in kubo language means yes. Yes he can. Orhime will then go in to some long winded crap about Oh! I can't do it! I'm too weak! And Hachi will go, yes you can! I'll show you! remember when I healed your useless tsubabsi thing that dies every time you use it? Then she will power up and heal the most annoying vizard and Aizen will be like, OMFGWTFBBQ! she healed a dead woman, this is GODS power! Unohana will then be like, I must teach this woman my special healery ways! And no one will die except for the bad guys because this is bleach and only Arrancar are allowed to die, but not really because they evaporate instead of just lie there with their guts all over the floor.

Please please Kubo, let this not come true!

Really hillarious post, dude! But go easy on Orihime-chan, she's not that sickening, and Hiyori's rather kinda funny too. Ok, I really don't mean anything I just typed... Great post.

LoS
October 18, 2009, 04:39 AM
I would love to see Hiyori die, but I know that will not come to pass, so that means someone will save her and everyone is looking at Orihime. I hate seeing her abuse her healing ability, no injury in this manga even matters any longer with her around.

I am hoping that Urahara shows up since he has somewhat of a soft spot for Hiyori, and brings Tessai with him. If Shinji was looking to a kido user in Hacchi to aid her healing then I am sure Tessai will qualify as a substitute.

Akhkharu
October 18, 2009, 04:44 AM
i hope it is a high ranking shinigami... It would be badass if Aizen killed Yama... just for the LULZ! Or maybe Ukitake should die from Tuberculosis. It will probably kill him eventually unless Orihime rejects it...

LoS
October 18, 2009, 04:46 AM
I am going to be soooooooo upset when Kubo allows Soi Fon to get her arm regenerated, it will mean that her entire fight was completely meaningless pretty much.

Izkity
October 20, 2009, 06:21 AM
Orihime can bring back people from the dead, demonstrated when she resurrected Menoly. Therefore, Bleach is completely predictable now and according to Kubo's Law - which is that no one good ever dies EVER (in the current storyline, so exclude people like Kaien and Hisana ) and that all the 'baddies' get their comeuppance - the following will happen:

All the Espada will die (only Yammy remains - and we all know he's gonna kick the bucket sometime in the near future) and also Aizen, Tousen and most probably Gin. Grimmjow might be spared but I doubt it.

All the 'goodies' will survive and, if dead, will be brought back to life by our little Hime-chan.

End prediction. -__-

Sinedd
October 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
Orihime can bring back people from the dead, demonstrated when she resurrected Menoly. Therefore, Bleach is completely predictable now and according to Kubo's Law - which is that no one good ever dies EVER (in the current storyline, so exclude people like Kaien and Hisana ) and that all the 'baddies' get their comeuppance - the following will happen:

All the Espada will die (only Yammy remains - and we all know he's gonna kick the bucket sometime in the near future) and also Aizen, Tousen and most probably Gin. Grimmjow might be spared but I doubt it.

All the 'goodies' will survive and, if dead, will be brought back to life by our little Hime-chan.

End prediction. -__-

Don't be so skeptic. Yes, usually all the bad guys get pummeled and the good guys win. Thats the Hollywood Happy-end scenario for you. However, I`m hoping the good side are going to suffer at least a momental setback such as a strong but not main character dying or some other wayward good guy going to Aizen's side or Hollow Ichigo takes over and he joins Aizen. Why not? But if you look at the scenario of killing of a major character such as a captain, there comes the question of Whom? Although severely injured, Ukitake hasn't revealed bankai yet or pretty much anything besides his basic shikai ability. Same goes for Shunsui. I don't think its gonna be Yama either but it would be a nice twist and put the good guys in despair. Toshiro wouldn't be the one getting killed either since he has potential to develop and so on, although he has revealed almost everything he is capable of so far.

I have hope that Grimmjow survives because he was a nice character and would add flavour to the story being a random stray variable, if he defects from Aizen but not likely to join SS.

Snake_Cowboy
October 28, 2009, 09:20 AM
Personally, I believe there will be some deaths in Bleach and that the first may not be too far off. Though I'm sure many will disagree, my money is actually on Yamamoto and Komamura.

My guess on Yamamoto is basically based on the fact that the white-bearded old mentor always dies. And, as Sinedd above me remarked, it would be a huge blow to Soul Society's morale, reminding them of how serious the stakes are. Yamamoto is a very important obstacle in Aizen's plans and, since I believe that Aizen will go much further than this before he is finally defeated for good, I'm certain that Aizen will manage to kill him.

I think that, once all the fighting in Fake Karakura Town is done, only Aizen and Yamamoto will be left standing and we'll finally get to see their true power. It will be a hard fight for Aizen, but I think that, near of the end of the fight, he'll reveal Hollow powers which he's been able to acquire because of the Hogyoku, which give him the necessary edge in battle to defeat Yamamoto. One way or another, Aizen creates the Royal Key and he, Gin, Tousen and Wonderweiss (possibly with a hidden group of Vasto Lorde Arrancar) escape. But before Yamamoto bites the dust, he'll reveal the location of the Royal Key that he has, allowing Soul Society to pursue Aizen.

As for Komamura, I admit it's more of a hunch than anything, but he just seems like the perfect additional candidate for a death to me. I have a feeling that Tousen succeeds in killing him in their fight, thus putting the responsibility on Hisagi to convince Tousen, aswell as showing that Tousen is a seriously dangerous Shinigami (many think he's weak because he lost quite easily to Kenpachi and I think Kubo knows this). It would also give Iba a greater chance to shine.

NyxOne
October 28, 2009, 02:03 PM
Iba, shining? A seated officer who's the only person in the entire series who nearly got killed by a normal Cero?

Hell, Allon should have made sure he was dead, even if him dying would have gone entirely unnoticed since he's completely forgettable.

Raizen
October 28, 2009, 02:20 PM
Having komomura dying wouldn't make that big of a difference. Fans couldn't care less and they also get to see a good guy die
So my vote is for foxy

thornofcarrion
February 12, 2013, 02:11 AM
Bumping old thread...how many of you think Unohana would die by the hands of Zaraki? What we have been shown, it seems Unohana may die. I hope it will not happen. I don't see her death as a necessity to inspire huge change in the plot.

Hakuteiken
February 12, 2013, 06:02 AM
*It has to be Komamura. Eye-patch looks super cool on Kyouraku, but a lost ear can't be replaced that easily.

*Since Unohana has lost all her hype having lost to a kid, she is expendable. But I don't think this will be the case.

I can't see any other candidate right now.

thornofcarrion
February 12, 2013, 07:12 AM
*Since Unohana has lost all her hype having lost to a kid, she is expendable. But I don't think this will be the case.

This is true. On the other hand, I am praying her role was not meant to be a stepping stone for Zaraki. We have expectations of her and just because Zaraki was stronger, killing her wont do much good. She still has her bankai and her healing abilities. Among the captains, I agree with you Haku. Koma can be killed, I don't suppose many will complain.

Do you see any Vizards dying in future?

Hakuteiken
February 12, 2013, 07:16 AM
I can't see Unohana dying against Kenpachi or a SR at this point. That would be too much anti-climactic.

Do you see any Vizards dying in future?

Realistically speaking, no. Actually, it would be a surprise if a captain died. They could get defeated in the second wave, but death would be a bit too extreme. Like Aizen, who defeated all captains and killed none.
Granted, Bach's persona isn't quite the same, but still, their interest isn't lying in killing off the captains, either.

NoOneInParticular
February 12, 2013, 07:45 AM
*It has to be Komamura. Eye-patch looks super cool on Kyouraku, but a lost ear can't be replaced that easily.

I can't see any other candidate right now.

I hope not, about Komamura. Of the current Captains, he would seem the most likely candidate, but on the other hand there's still stuff to be learned about him. For one... what the hell even is he? lol. Plus he once said Yamamoto was the man who "saved" him, I wan't to know what that's all about. But aside from that, I like him, despite a good chunk of his screen time being devoted to getting his ass kicked. We might lose a VC or two, though. Again, Iba would seem the most likely, but again I hope not because I find him quite cool.

I'm kind of disappointed with Unohana since the last chapter, but I don't think she'll die here either. She hasn't revealed Minazuki's true power, and I'm sure she won't die until she does. Hopefully she redeems herself later though. Still, as the new Elder of the Shinigami, it wouldn't be too surprising if she goes out like Yama did.

Actually though, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the Royal Guard got killed during this war. I don't know who there is on Team Vandenreich that could actually do it besides Bach, but I just have a feeling. Bach must have something up his sleeve where the RG are concerned.

Hakuteiken
February 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
I hope not, about Komamura. Of the current Captains, he would seem the most likely candidate, but on the other hand there's still stuff to be learned about him. For one... what the hell even is he? lol. Plus he once said Yamamoto was the man who "saved" him, I wan't to know what that's all about. But aside from that, I like him, despite a good chunk of his screen time being devoted to getting his ass kicked. We might lose a VC or two, though. Again, Iba would seem the most likely, but again I hope not because I find him quite cool.

It was probably Komamura's place in the society. He was isolated because of how he looked. Though I wonder how Captain-Commander found him or if Komamura was the one who wanted to become a Shinigami.
Regarding the VC, still no word on Kiba and I'd be disappointed if something happened to Iba. Judging by how the things work, it's more than likely that for a VC to die, first, the captain has to go down.

DraMas26
February 18, 2013, 06:30 PM
I don't remember where it was written, but on some databook/omake or something (maybe it was only ever released in Japan) it said Kommamaru was from amongst a race of unique fox spirits in SS. There are actually more people like Kommamaru in SS IRRC but we have yet to see them on screen.

In Japanese folklore there's a lot about fox spirits and you guys can tell this by how much the whole fox spirit idea is used in anime and manga (Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho etc).

You can read more about the significance of fox spirits in Japanese folklore here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune