PDA

View Full Version : Gantz Rewards and Weapons

Davox
April 24, 2007, 10:20 PM
I have a question after seeing what we can only assume is the strong weapon what exactly do you think it does. I for one think that it is just like an accelerated version of the x-gun where instead of it taking a couple seconds it happens almost immediately. The only problem with my theory is that if nano machines are how the guns work then how are these ones suddenly traveling faster than the others.

Hitsugaya_333
April 25, 2007, 01:04 AM
The second sentence: Agreed.

Your question: No idea.

*subscribes*

ssjasper2003
April 25, 2007, 02:14 AM
In the recent chapters.
The osaka team used a huge gun that looks like a big rectangle. It just made the alien into a pool of a mess while its arms which werent hit just fell to the groun.

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 08:27 AM
well it is the bigger and stronger version of da x-gun as i expected,i wonder what gun Katau would have goten......

Davox
April 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
The second sentence: Agreed.

Your question: No idea.

*subscribes*

There really is no question I would just like some feedback to see what everyone else thinks. I believe that discussion is the only way we can learn anything beyond what is shown to us in this particular manga

In the recent chapters.
The osaka team used a huge gun that looks like a big rectangle. It just made the alien into a pool of a mess while its arms which werent hit just fell to the groun.

what do you mean?

well it is the bigger and stronger version of da x-gun as i expected,i wonder what gun Katau would have goten......

Are you talking about Izumi b/c even though I assume everyone gets the same strong weapon I don't see Izumi using the gun b/c he has always used his sword. Maybe gantz would give him some I don't know like throwing knives or something?

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 03:05 PM
maybe i think his Katan cuted the entire subway train in half,i dont think it could do taht , or could they...

Davox
April 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
I don't think the katana has any limits b/c all it seems to do is extend, the suit seems like it is what does the real work b/c whenever he does his dramatic bisection of an alien the suit always flexes.

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 04:27 PM
oh yeah thats right it extends,well i think he got the same weapon as osaka has....shit we need more Gantz in weeks

xi0
April 25, 2007, 06:00 PM
Judging by the crater the weapon seems to leave, I think that the weapon may just be a targeting device for some sort of satellite. We know that the Y-Gun transports the aliens to some unknown place, maybe this place is some sort of satellite or ship in orbit around earth that is also equipped with a weapon. I'm only saying this because of how it seems that the blurred image above the alien on page two of chapter 247 indicates that the blast comes from above.

About it being instantaneous, I disagree. There very much seems to still be a delay after it is fired.

Davox
April 25, 2007, 08:32 PM
I think the blur is just like the force from the weapon firing upwards. Though it may be true about not being instant b/c looking back now, the one guy gave the black one minute to beat that monster, and if it were to happen in an instant he cold have just pointed and fired.

I do like the satellite idea though b/c looking at chapter 247 it does seem plausible, it can be the reason for one minute, why the guy jumps back before the explosion, and why there is a blur above the monsters head

xi0
April 26, 2007, 04:45 AM
Yeah, especially since there is no blur below the alien, only above it. It leads me to believe that the blast isn't coming from the weapon.

2ndKurono
April 26, 2007, 08:26 AM
umh he shot into his head so thats why its blury,and he jumped back because this team care about how they look and all that, so i think he just jumped not to get all bloody,i dont realy think that theres something like the satelaite....

but maybe it is cause do u rember in da anime when dat politic who walked away and steped out of the zone he should have been the signal came from above,i think your theory might be truth but i think mine might be to

Davox
April 26, 2007, 06:38 PM
The reason I like Xio's satellite idea is when you think about it there was like a perfectly symmetrical indent below where that alien was, and also not all of the alien was destroyed only the parts that were inside that circle were. So when you think about it the satellite is perfectly plausible and indeed more defendable then the accelerated x-gun

2ndKurono
April 27, 2007, 12:27 PM
maybe it might be not only a bigger and stronger x-gun version but it might be like that transport gun,the satelaite comes in and takes the amount which is in that circle,man its going deeper and deeper.

Davox
April 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say but it sounds kind of redundant in that killing the alien and then transporting it is kind of useless unless you run into something like the 1000 armed buddha again in that case it would be great b/c after you fire and blow part of it up it would be transported before it could heal.

Question: Does anyone know if you get the same amount of points for sending the alien as killing them, and does it make a difference if you go hand to hand or weaponless?

2ndKurono
April 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
well nishi got some points when he send that leak boss somewhere.

xi0
April 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
I would say that there is no difference between killing and sending the aliens. Even if there were, we'd have no way of knowing it. We don't exactly know the scoring schemes and such.

ssjasper2003
April 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
Actually where did izumi get the sword from? Was it his strong weapon that he chose?

I know they found the gantz bike in the room next to the apartment. Dont have the chapters so I cant check which one but it was kurono during that kappe/dinosaur mission.

xi0
April 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the sword was found in the room next to the apartment as well. Only Izumi knew where it was.

Davox
April 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
The sword was just in the other room, it was an extra weapon though I suppose it is possible

ssjasper2003
April 27, 2007, 08:08 PM
Anyone remember what chapter that was in, I only have up to vol 8 now & download the rest.

Could they open the door before cause the people who came tried to get out of the front & back door. Not sure if anyone tried the rooms door.

Since you guys said izumi got it after he came back, does gantz give powerups or something for people who come back to the room? Just wondering cause we only found out about the sword & bike after izumi came back. Maybe they were his before he quit for whatever reason.

Dam oku even though as a great of a mangaka he is. I wish he produced gantz weekly. Kinda a pain waiting bi weekly & the rather tiresome 3-4 week breaks. Guess we are all hardcore gantz fans to post here so much lol.

xi0
April 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
Whether or not the bike and the sword are power-ups is unknown really. All we know is that no one was rewarded with them.

The chapters are 135-137 which is in volume 12

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 12:02 AM
There is a strange sword in the chapter 248, compare ir whit the images of the Gantz sword in the weapon section in the Gantz Manual, and you will see the diferences.

I think too that the Osaka Gantzers big weapon is the Super Weapon, but this sword is intrigant..

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 03:20 AM
no its not only for those who came back,Kurono got that one to ,i think u cant put the moto in da ball so it was in da close and i think those swords were in dat little closet were Kurono and Sakura had sex

i have another theory were the sword came and its from that map where all aliens are showed.but i dont realy think it is , but ill guess

xi0
April 28, 2007, 08:36 AM
no its not only for those who came back,Kurono got that one to ,i think u cant put the moto in da ball so it was in da close and i think those swords were in dat little closet were Kurono and Sakura had sex

i have another theory were the sword came and its from that map where all aliens are showed.but i dont realy think it is , but ill guess

Who is Sakura? You mean Sei Sakuraoka? They didn't have sex in a closet, it was towards the front entrance of the apartment, which is down that narrow hallway.

What map where all the aliens are shown?
[hr]

There is a strange sword in the chapter 248, compare ir whit the images of the Gantz sword in the weapon section in the Gantz Manual, and you will see the diferences.

I think too that the Osaka Gantzers big weapon is the Super Weapon, but this sword is intrigant..

Are you talking about the Vampire's sword? Or the one that Katou's holding in the color pinup? The sword that Katou has is definitely the Gantz Sword. It may look different because it is in color but it looks like the same thing to me.

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 11:22 AM
No, im talking about this baby.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3074/img001uo1.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img001uo1.jpg)

The color is not the problem(all the weapons of Gantz have the same color), the problem are those cables and that exagerated quanty of blue lines in the sword.

xi0
April 28, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hmmm...I think that may just be artistic license in effect there. I remember when phase 2 started, Kurono was on the cover of Young Jump with a gun that looked unfamiliar, yet we have yet to see it in the manga, and it doesn't look like the weapon the Osaka team has either. I wish I could find it. I'll look for it, heh
[hr]
It might have been a poster actually......hmmm

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
But, just like the weapon of Kei in the official page of Second Phase, this weapon will appear.

If is a new weapon...

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
yeah i noticed those cabels to when i first read it and saw it,and in phase 2 what gun was he holding i wanna see the pic,but that sword is awesome so is da wall Kurono and the sword looks so real and brings hopes that he will comeback soon.

Davox
April 28, 2007, 04:31 PM
That looks exactly like the gantz sword except for all the wires coming off of that thing, I personally think it is just a gantz sword but I guess it could be a powered-up version of the sword.

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
its Kuronos bankai :D if ya know what i mean

Davox
April 28, 2007, 05:59 PM
lol
It makes perfect sense too. He had to die to attain these greater powers

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
That looks exactly like the gantz sword except for all the wires coming off of that thing

Nop, Nop.

Look here:

The lines of the Gantz sword Handle(is ok handle? i dont know the exactly word) are fewer:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3043/gantzswordexamplepb9.jpg

They are 8 lines.

This new one has like hell of lines:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6119/supergantzswordexamplexl8.th.jpg (http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supergantzswordexamplexl8.jpg)

And those strange cables.

Hiroya makes showed us the desing of the super weapon whit one Kurono handle one, maybe he is doing the same formula here.

2ndKurono
April 29, 2007, 03:32 AM
well yeah it has 8 red lines but on da wall it has black lines not red,but those cabels looks awesome maybe its definantly the stronger weapon which belonged to Izumi cause this was his fav weapon and Kurono wiill find it somewhere in da closet and use it.

GAT-X252
April 29, 2007, 09:13 AM
Im talking about the blue lines, i puted the red lines to help you to look the difference.

2ndKurono
April 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
man i think its the stronger weapon and thats it or its just made that it just looked good in da wallpapaer.

xi0
April 29, 2007, 01:04 PM
Let me just clarify. The weapon that Kurono was holding on the poster/cover I was talking about has not appeared in the manga so far. I wish I could find a picture of it, but I'm not sure what issue.

GAT-X252
April 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
No it hasnt appeared, in any chapter, except in the cover of the chapter 248.

ssjasper2003
April 29, 2007, 07:20 PM
It will probably be like another 20+ chapters or something before this arc even comes to an end.

I wonder if the cables are supposed to be connecting to the gantz suit to help them slice through easier later on. Since them just dangling would be pointless & just make oku have a harder time drawing them in the manga.

2ndKurono
April 30, 2007, 01:52 AM
well if we actualy dont know where they get the sword so i can guess that its coming from the suit and in dat pic the sword is apearing.i guess

Davox
April 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think the sword comes from the suit I think that you just have to find it. So far the only guys that have used it were Izumi and Kurono, and they were the only ones shown/implied to have gone in that extra room off of the apartment.

2ndKurono
April 30, 2007, 05:28 PM
i just said i didnt say it is how it is ,i have it a guess

xi0
April 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
No it hasnt appeared, in any chapter, except in the cover of the chapter 248.

No, I wasn't talking about the sword, I'm talking about a gun. It was on a poster or cover from when phase two was starting. He was holding a gun that had never been seen before. Crap I wish I could find it.

GAT-X252
May 01, 2007, 12:01 AM
That gun was the "Super Weapon"(i guess), the guns of the Osaka Team.

They are the same gun.

xi0
May 01, 2007, 12:18 AM

No like I said before, this gun isn't like the gun the Osakan team is using. Kurono was holding it in a poster or cover. I can't remember which, but it is a similiar situation with the different looking sword. It could just be Oku employing some artistic license.

Davox
May 01, 2007, 12:28 AM
I agree the sword is just the artist making an adjustment to the actual weapon used to make it look cooler.

GAT-X252
May 01, 2007, 12:43 AM

No like I said before, this gun isn't like the gun the Osakan team is using. Kurono was holding it in a poster or cover. I can't remember which, but it is a similiar situation with the different looking sword. It could just be Oku employing some artistic license.

No, its the same gun.

Look(....).

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6365/2nphasecopywh2.th.jpg (http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2nphasecopywh2.jpg)

(Bad image, i know..but you can see the similarities whit the gun of the osaka team)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9206/img001nc1.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img001nc1.jpg)

Same lines, same location of the cables, same everything..is the same weapon.

My luck..i havent downloaded the RAW HQ of the 246, but what the hell, im going to buy the volume 21 soon.

I dont think that is employing "artistic license", too manay differences whit the normal sword.

I would try to find a bigger image of the poster.

xi0
May 01, 2007, 02:07 AM
http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc918/th_02654_061122_224601_122_918lo.jpg (http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=02654_061122_224601_122_918lo.jpg)

Maybe it was a poster and a cover? I agree that it seems to be the same weapon, but you can see there are differences. Sort of the same differences between the Gantz Sword and the sword Kurono has in the latest chapter cover.

Artistic license would explain why there are many differences with the swords...like something for visual effect. Now I might end up being completely wrong, but all we are doing is speculating now.

GAT-X252
May 01, 2007, 11:09 AM
Tell me one difference.

When i saw that weapon for the first time, i believed that it was smaller(not that big). Because i just saw the front part.

!

Here:

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9382/kuronovu0wr1.th.jpg (http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kuronovu0wr1.jpg)

A huge image..XD

2ndKurono
May 01, 2007, 03:26 PM
where the hell u found this pics?man newer saw this pics,where u get them man?oh and u noticed on da gun there are cables to , so those cabels might be just as on that gun

ssjasper2003
May 01, 2007, 06:29 PM
Looks like a fusion of the x gun & the other one that snipes.

Im with xi0 might just be artistic license but who knows it might come in a later chapter but that might be 1 year from now the way the chapters have been released.

Only about what 10 chapters so far since phase 2 started 5 months ago.

xi0
May 01, 2007, 10:44 PM
Tell me one difference.

When i saw that weapon for the first time, i believed that it was smaller(not that big). Because i just saw the front part.

!

Here:

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9382/kuronovu0wr1.th.jpg (http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kuronovu0wr1.jpg)

A huge image..XD

When the image first came out, it was on a cover and was sort of covered by text and it was hard to make the dimensions of the weapon out. My depth perception was tricked a bit.

Davox
May 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
If that is indeed the weapon then who do you think will wield it. Kurono is holding this new gun, and he is holding the new sword. He has never used the strong gun in fact he isn't even alive at this point. Who is even close to 100 points that would be willing to get the weapon, right now most of the tokyo gantz members seem focused on reviving Kurono, and since it doesn't seem that one has a choice as to what strong weapon they get, what are the chances of the Osaka team having that sword as well.

To reiterate my question Who do you think will use/get the sword

GAT-X252
May 12, 2007, 01:12 AM
I think that Nishi (maybe) would take the Izumi`s strong weapon.

And that sword...i dont know..its so strange.

ForteAnly
May 12, 2007, 09:05 PM
I think that Nishi (maybe) would take the Izumi`s strong weapon.

And that sword...i dont know..its so strange.

I hope someone besides Nishi gets the sword who knows maybe Reika or Katou.

ssjasper2003
May 12, 2007, 11:29 PM
I wonder if the rules of someone elses weapon wont work for you like nishi first said that someone elses suit wont work for you.

If they do I hope its something new even the osaka team hasnt seen.

correojon
May 13, 2007, 02:12 PM
I wonder if the rules of someone elses weapon wont work for you like nishi first said that someone elses suit wont work for you.

If they do I hope its something new even the osaka team hasnt seen.
The Osaka team is already using a huge weapon and they´re sharing it with each other, so I guess everyone can use it. Most likely the strong weapon that Izumi got was this one.

My guess is that Nishi will get to 100 points and get this weapon (or maybe he will revive Kurono in an emotive scene to pay him back :P). The sword doesn´t fit him at all, so I guess it will be for Kato (doubt it, ´cause it isn´t his style) or Reika (it suits her as she´s becoming more and more important to the team)...as there 2 swords my bet is:
-1 for Reika
-1 for that tall guy who performed slightly better than the Panda and the kid in the Oni mission...this guy seems to be changing his attitude and maybe he´ll become an important character, he reminds me a bit of the transformation in Kurono´s character. He will surely play an important role in the upcoming episodes, like becoming an important char or sacrificing himself to save one of the main characters.

Davox
May 30, 2007, 04:35 PM
I don't see Nishi hanging around for very long, after he gets 100 points. While he does seem to enjoy killing things, when he died in the second mission, he was crying out that he was so close to being set free. That and the fact that a sword is a little to forward for Nishi, he likes to sneak around a little to much. I would like to see Katou use the sword though I doubt he will, though honestly when somone gets 100 points again I think multiple people will and Kurono would likely get brought back and he could use the weapon.

2ndKurono
June 05, 2007, 01:36 PM
I don't see Nishi hanging around for very long, after he gets 100 points. While he does seem to enjoy killing things, when he died in the second mission, he was crying out that he was so close to being set free. That and the fact that a sword is a little to forward for Nishi, he likes to sneak around a little to much. I would like to see Katou use the sword though I doubt he will, though honestly when somone gets 100 points again I think multiple people will and Kurono would likely get brought back and he could use the weapon.

i think Katou will use the sword cause on da wallpaper of 248 chapter i think Katou was fighting the youkai aliens(or whats theyre name) and had a sword and i definantly think Katou will use that stronger weapon from Osaka team.Believe it!

xi0
June 05, 2007, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't go by what's shown in Covers/Posters.

Remember Kurono was shown holding the gun the Osakan team has? Hasn't happened yet, but it might I guess.

GAT-X252
June 05, 2007, 08:50 PM
I think that Kei is now the Mannequin of the new Weapons..seeing Kei whit one of them, no one would know who is the person who is going to have one of them..

Kato is the last person who would know that there are Bikes and swords in the room...XD

2ndKurono
June 06, 2007, 11:35 AM
I think that Kei is now the Mannequin of the new Weapons..seeing Kei whit one of them, no one would know who is the person who is going to have one of them..

Kato is the last person who would know that there are Bikes and swords in the room...XD

i think the old man or someone will inform Katou about the weapons,maybe even that girl who is now by Katous side,and Katou already is informed that there is something like the bike cause he saw it when the bboth teams met.And he knows something about the stronger weapon,he should use the sword and the stronger gun very soon.

GAT-X252
June 06, 2007, 02:16 PM
But that information is usseles now, ha cant go back to the room and take a sword or a bike.

And, is very probable that the Strong weapon is in another room, and maybe Nishi would take ir first.

:eyeroll

2ndKurono
June 06, 2007, 03:53 PM
^ i meant he will use the gun against that monster who is going to fight next chap,one of those sadists droped the gun and ran so Katou will use it if he has no chance and that girl might inform him with the guns power,thats what i meant.

GAT-X252
June 06, 2007, 08:36 PM
Yes, that is a posibility.

But im saying that about the swords because some people are saying that Kato would use the sword the 248 poster.

2ndKurono
June 07, 2007, 12:04 AM
^i say that to,it might have a posibility,cause this are this mission monsters or it hasnt because its a poster.

kaliayev
January 28, 2008, 01:27 AM
It seemed something like this had to happen after we discovered invisible, mecha oka. This is meant to examine the reward system and what Oku might be planning for it with the coming of Catastrophe. It was suggested that I put this in the hang-out thread, but as this subject will likely evolve, if Oku develops it (seems like he has to with oka's appearance), I gave it its own thread.

What we know so far:
When a person gets their first hundred points, they are given three options: revive someone, leave, or get the bfg. If a person leaves the room and comes back, they start over on the reward system. We don't know if this holds true for someone who accessed higher features, died, and came back since we have yet to encounter someone like that (ie oka has the mecha feature but if he dies and revives, will he still have access to that option or start completely over).

The way I see it, there are only two possibilities on how this system would work:

First, as one clears more and more, one automatically gains access to the higher level rewards with a set rate of 100 points per reward. So, after the bfg, another item would be unlocked and so on.

Second, and I find this more likely given the composition of the osakan team (except for oka, the multi-clearers didn't seem to have anything better than the bfg), there is a point banking system available in gantz. Most of the people who have cleared for Tokyo have had 100+ points. After choosing their reward, gantz subtracts the point amount from the player's bank. However, every time we've seen this menu, someone immediately uses their hundred points. No one on Tokyo has tried to go to 200. It is entirely possible that there are different rewards for 200 points, 300 points, etc. This seems like the best explanation for oka's mecha feature. This system could also establish the primary difference between oka and the rest of the osakan team. Being the only one to try to bank points, oka accessed one of the higher rewards and has been using this reward to maintain a huge gap between his chances of survival and those of the rest of the osakans. Perhaps, being a nice guy, he is still banking points in the hope of discovering a reward that will revive a larger group of people than is possible under the hundred point reward options.

I look forward to the possible expansion of the gantz inventory and point banking as it will create new fighting options and may possibly help explain why Nishi believes that Japan is lagging in the gantz war (I happen to think that Nishi's global perspective will be his contribution now that he's been revived).

by request, this thread can also be used to discuss gantz weapons :)

xi0
January 28, 2008, 04:57 AM
That's a nice synopsis you made there. I really have nothing to add, other than when the Oka mystery has more light shed on it, these questions will most likely have light shed on them as well.

What's clear in all of this, is that Gantz doesn't offer any information by own free will. He must be asked.

Umbra Wolf
January 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
Nice overview, I hope we'll get to know more about the reward system after this mission coz there were a lot of points to score in this mission though Tokyo misses to get the most.

Well, I have to add one thought and one question respectively one and half question.^^
I guessed that it might be possible that Gantz counts the times how often someone scored 100 points. Overall it would work like your banking system but maybe you can use your points and reach the same effect?

My other question is if we know that you get the H-Gun for sure when you reach 100 points. If I remember correctly all users we've seen scored at least 3 times 100 points. So the H-Gun might be the reward for 200 or even 300 points as well. Or did I forget anybody who evidences the opposite.

kaliayev
January 28, 2008, 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that the Osakans serve as evidence against the first scenario. When Anzu described the multi-clearers, George cleared three times, Kyou twice, Kuwabara three, Nobu four, the sadists once, and Oka seven (since the sadists had bfgs, we have to assume that's the 100 point weapon). However, Oka's the only one with the mecha feature. While it's certainly possible that the mecha feature is only unlocked upon your fifth clear, I feel the composition lends more weight to the banking feature. If there's an unlock feature through clearing multiple times, then there should be new rewards for each clear under the set cost system. Banking seems more believable for gantz. We've seen characters tell gantz to show them the 100 point menu and show the same items each time. He's certainly shown them slow enough that characters stop paying attention and miss the other options, but it seems doubtful that gantz systematically adds new options to the 100 point menu just because of a clear count. If this were the case, he would be withholding the specific information that he was asked for and gave (by asking for the 100 point menu, the question would have to be all inclusive), which I don't think he can do.

Going back to Oka's advantageous standing, it's perfectly possible that he stumbled upon banking accidentally. He could have decided to save his 100+ points when he got them simply because there was no one that he wanted to revive at the time and he already had the bfg. One mission later, he managed to get to 200 and discovered a new menu. If this is the case, then we only know one possible banking reward, the mecha, and that he chose that over the other, higher rewards available to him.

Captain Marmoset
January 28, 2008, 03:45 PM
I still think that we can't automatically assume that oku is using a mech. I will not completely accept any theory unless they can convince me beyond any reasonable doubt.

That said, I think that whatever Oku is using, it must be something that is rewarded at 500 points, since no one other than him has passed or reached that point. I might be wrong about this, so don't take it too seriously.

What do you guys think farther along rewards might be?

"If you reach 1000 points, you get............ this BRAND NEW CAR!!!"

kaliayev
January 28, 2008, 05:38 PM
I still think that we can't automatically assume that oku is using a mech. I will not completely accept any theory unless they can convince me beyond any reasonable doubt.

That said, I think that whatever Oku is using, it must be something that is rewarded at 500 points, since no one other than him has passed or reached that point. I might be wrong about this, so don't take it too seriously.

What do you guys think farther along rewards might be?

"If you reach 1000 points, you get............ this BRAND NEW CAR!!!"

Heh. Yeah, I've considered other theories besides the mecha feature but beyond that, the most viable theory for me is that he's an alien in a similar position as the vamps, but that's even more far-fetched.

TheGenius
January 28, 2008, 09:58 PM
Also, why is the Gantz basic weaponry is that limited?

Do Gantz reward only weapons?

I mean as a reward system, you want to offer more protection to your performing players by giving them more than just mere weaponry, . Defense for me is very important, not in par with attack but the current "suit" that the players use is actually pretty weak. We've seen every member have his suit rendered bad from;

1- Power overload
2- Sharp and piercing attacks

I wish that Hiroya would have developed that part a little more but I guess like Kalia said, it'll be done later.

About reward system;
Why do you have to ask Gantz for more info? Maybe it's part of only Tokyo Gantz manager personality...

And, do you think the reqrd system in Osaka might be more advantageous. The reason is that the way they fight is unskilled and unorganized. I simply wonder...

xi0
January 29, 2008, 04:08 AM
I think I suggested that each Gantz may have differing personality in the past. It's obvious that the Tokyo Gantz does not volunteer information unless asked, so the Osakan Gantz may bet different in that sense. I find that it's also possible since all of the current Osakan players came into the game with Oku already there, and by viewing what he does with the Gantz menus they also learned, regardless of whether Oku is like Nishi or not.

kaliayev
January 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
Also, why is the Gantz basic weaponry is that limited?

It wasn't that limited, was it? I mean, the series started off with three weapons. Finally, Izumi opens the magical door of enlightenment and we're introduced to new stuff. Since the beginning, the gantzers have had access to the suit, the x-gun, the rifle, the y-gun, the motorcycle thing, and the sword. Looking back at the Tokyo missions, these things should have been enough. Hell, Kurono even went a mission with just the x-gun. Think about how different the buddha mission would have been with the sword. The only difference, weapon-wise, between them and most of the Osakan team is the bfg.

I suppose the Osakan gantz could be nicer than Tokyo's gantz but that would ruin my "gantz is a douche" Weltanschauung.

TheGenius
January 29, 2008, 12:24 PM
But you are still sending perfect idiots(on fighting) on the battlefields without any explanation of how things work...But that is Tokyo's weird Gantz.

Seta Soujirou
January 29, 2008, 04:51 PM
How about if you take down a single 100 pointer, you get to choose a special weapon(mecha) or the other regular options?

TheGenius
February 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
Don't think he's that cool...
[hr]
Due to the new info we have today brought to you by Dofla: Spoiling everything so that your life is not really exciting anymore. Haha.

We can now affirm that the suit that Oka possess is a prize won with the points he accumulated.

Now what do you think?

njt
March 02, 2008, 07:47 AM
I'd also like to add on this:

It's obvious that the Tokyo Gantz does not volunteer information unless asked, so the Osakan Gantz may bet different in that sense.

There's quite a bit different about Tokyo people and Osaka people in terms of personality. Tokyo people hardly ever talk to anyone unknown to them in a train, whereas if you were in Osaka(kansai region) people talking to strangers isn't uncommon. So as far as exchanging information and what not, they probably tell people various things without being asked, and leave it up to them whether they believe it or not.

They however probably don't waste their time telling those that don't seem worthy to have such knowledge (old people / kids / animals etc )

GAT-X252
March 02, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, i'm sure that guy is Oka.

When Anzu mentioned Oka, we saw that huge invisible figure on the river, unless there is another guy who got the Menu 5 or more times and Anzu forgot to say something about him, that guy is definetly Oka.

Milo Bellow
March 06, 2008, 08:03 PM
A Possible Reward System, based on the assumption that a "Clear" is 100 points and "Option 2: A Better Weapon" is chosen:

1 Clear= "H-Gun"
2 Clear= ?
3 Clear= ?
4 Clear= ?
5 Clear= ?
6 Clear= Powersuit
7 Clear= Mecha

The "H-Gun" was an option chosen by all the Osakan team who had 1 or more "Clears" except the smackhead on the bike and maybe that was only because it is unwieldy on the bike (also assuming Oka must have one).
The way the Osakan team is so open about points and "Clears" as something to brag about and be proud of, makes the "banking" system hard to concieve. As much as I really want there to be a "200 Point Menu" etc, their attitude leans more towards a simple "100 points= 3 options" and they have always chosen "option 2".
I blame Oka for the Osakan teams attitude to the Hunt, after all, he was already 3xClear when the current/late decapitated 4xClear first joined the Osakan team. Oka would have been hugely intimidating to anyone entering Gantz-land, remember how powerful Izumi was after just 1xClear? Oka was already so powerful that those who came after had a much easier time than the Tokyo team ever has had. This has allowed them to power play and indulge in all manner of entertainment during a Hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if Oka is just waiting until most of them die before wading in.

More thoughts to follow... :)

Mr.Aaron
March 06, 2008, 09:23 PM
Here's a theory. What if Oka used some of his clears to revive people?

TheGenius
March 06, 2008, 11:30 PM
Here is a big nono, quoting myself...

Hmm I Doubt the laptop is one of them, there is probably someone very electronic savy in this room that connected the Gun to the computer. I does contain info by scanning the alien which comes "free".

About the Gaps...speculating is easy when we have info about other Osakan Gantzers.
Which can also be denied if they revived someone.

Shimaki Tho'(Georges) : 3X still had the BFG so under that we can discard any other thoughts of better weapons or suits because I'm pretty sure he would've have chosen it to get an edge. Point Count HERE.
Muroya Nobuo: 4x , still has the BFG, same applies to him.
Kyou: 2x but did not hold any improved weapon.

Sooo, the fun most probably starts at 5 times cleared.

And Welcome Milo! Glad to see interesting posts!

We'd have to see Oka's personality but they don't look like the reviving type.

kaliayev
March 07, 2008, 10:34 AM
Here's a theory. What if Oka used some of his clears to revive people?

Given the weapon distribution we've seen so far, it's far more likely that the other Osakans revived than Oka. Keep in mind that if this is the case, this use was probably earlier in their careers. After reviving someone and seeing how much more useful the weapons were, they probably decided against using that option again. Who knows, maybe Nobu used one of his clears to revive who he thought was the most attractive dead person in the data bank and make her his #$!& buddy.

Milo, the fact that there's only a three clear difference between Nobu and Oka makes the banking system more plausible. Note that the 100 point menu says "you will be given an extremely powerful weapon" not "one of many powerful weapons." The item is fixed. Besides, if gantz has a 100 point menu and counts points beyond 100, there's gotta be a 200 point menu in there and so on. Otherwise, he'd just cap it at 100 and negate leftover points. The problem is that no one from the Tokyo team's tried banking. Keep in mind that there's a variety of menu combinations Oka could've used if this is the case (100-200-300, 100-200-400, 100-500, 100-600), while the 100 point menu is fixed and limited. I doubt gantz would change it based on something arbitrary like clear counts. if this were the case, izumi would have been given a different option since technically, he had cleared twice.

Milo Bellow
March 07, 2008, 11:46 AM
Kaliayev, we cannot say for certain that when a person chooses "option1" and leaves/loses memory, they then are still part of the game. If anything, it is the opposite, they leave the game, end of story. Therefore, the fact that Izumi cleared once and left/lost his memory, does not count at all towards which weapon he would of gotten had he not died beforehand. Izumi's clear does not even count at all really. The Osaka team that have cleared did so consequetively, without dying or leaving, something that the Tokyo team have never experienced before.

I still lean towards the simple 100 per "more powerful weapon" option, and when that option is chosen once already by someone, they get another new weapon. Even though only the Hammer Gun is evidence of this so far, to argue that there aren't any more new weapons to be seen is limited in vision, not good for a prediction that.

GAT-X252
March 07, 2008, 10:32 PM
I think the H Gun is the only second option weapon, until finishing the game 5 times.

:p

Then the option changes to the Specially Made Suit and the Mecha...

Yes...no more H Guns for you, five or four are enough...:o

Skittles
March 08, 2008, 05:26 AM
i doubt any of the osakans would revive each other because i remeber when katou saod he was gonna revive kei one of the chicks said somethin like "what are ya retarded?"

TheGenius
March 08, 2008, 12:16 PM
i doubt any of the osakans would revive each other because i remeber when katou saod he was gonna revive kei one of the chicks said somethin like "what are ya retarded?"

My point exactly.

kaliayev
March 09, 2008, 10:19 AM
I've been thinking about this reward system in the global perspective for a couple days now. So far, I think we know of three other countries (may be wrong) that have gantz balls. According to Nishi and Izumi, Japan is lagging behind everyone else in the "race." Now, it may be that they were limited in their knowledge of Japan's hunters, but Izumi and Nishi referred to Japan as a whole rather than just Tokyo, so I think they at least know most of Japan's limits. We have to ask ourselves: where does this put the Osakans? Are they the best Japan has to offer? They've taken on a 100 pointer before, while the Tokyo team has only just heard of the possibility. Is a 7xer really someone worthy of praise in the global perspective? I just want to reiterate that I think we should keep in mind that Japan is thought of as low tier. Bwa ha ha, mechas suck. XD

One of the main reasons I disagree with the auto-upgrade system is the fact that it places way too much stress on the limited 100 point menu. If gantz were to automatically upgrade this menu with every clear, by default, every other option would have to be upgraded as well. Eventually, option 1 would have to come with a nice add-on that allows one to keep one's memory. Option three would also have to expand, allowing the revival of more and more people. This problem is easily addressed with higher point menus, such as a 200 point menu. The options, while being higher quality, remain constant. I really don't think I can put enough stress on the idea that gantz would most likely keep rewards constant. I mean, he's a complete douche. Why would he let anyone get better weapons that easily? It would fit his personality more to force people to get 200 or more points each time they wanted to access higher options.

A rumor's been flying around that the 10x reward allows an individual to become a gantz ball. I personally disagree with this since it sounds like a crappy reward to me, unless one is kept in a constant state of ecstasy. If we look at it this way, gantz pretty much becomes a pyramid scheme for the collection of points. Starting at the origin ball, a person managed to clear ten times and became a ball, which was sent to a new location. The process would continue on until we finally have the gantz ball that we know and love. Meanwhile, the top dogs are benefiting from the stream of points, while the lowest players get stuck with all the work and none of the perks.

kusomaru
March 14, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the idea that H-Guns are 1-clear weapons just because the three sadists possessed them. The guns seem to be passed around from person to person. You don't see the Tokyo team arguing over it. "HEY! That's MY X-gun!"

It's possible that they used to belong to previously deceased members, and the sadists just acquired them in the middle of a mission by picking them up. Or even the Osakans gave the H-Guns to them so they didn't have to use the "weak" stuff.

I'm pretty sure one of the characters theorized that the H-Guns were the result of selecting option 2 multiple times. I don't know why Oku would put that in there as a red herring.

Mr.Aaron
March 21, 2008, 08:13 PM
Okay, Okay, What IF There is ANOTHER room that they have yet to open containing Weapons that other GantZers have obtained.

(I.e. Izumi's H-Gun., ect.)

xi0
March 21, 2008, 08:59 PM
Okay, Okay, What IF There is ANOTHER room that they have yet to open containing Weapons that other GantZers have obtained.

(I.e. Izumi's H-Gun., ect.)

I believe that idea has been floated out there before actually.

Skittles
March 22, 2008, 02:04 AM
I believe that idea has been floated out there before actually.
yeah i remeber saying that in like the first couple pages of 269/270 prediction thread

georgemarvin
June 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
I can just see them in the room after this mission. When Katou comes up, he has like 200 plus points. He brings back the two Kei's with his points. Then Nishi goes up and his score is over 200, too. When Gantz shows him the 100 point menu, he gives Gantz a "wet willie" and tells him "You know better than that. Show me the 200 points menu." Naturally, Nishi takes the weapon. They all see that on the new menu, option 3 is to bring back like five people. Katou is P.O.ed, big time.

bittman
June 16, 2008, 12:00 AM
It's highly likely, in my opinion, that a created weapon sticks around even when its owner is killed. If not, what was the point of Izumi asking for a weapon?

This also means that objects such as the bike, or even the sword which isn't part of the standard equipment, are weapons granted at 100 points also. This could also mean that a level of clearance does not equate to a specific weapon. The Osaka team might have had a load of H-guns because someone got one and the others went "I want a new weapon like thingo has". Of course you'd think everyone would have a mech then, but perhaps it is, as people hypothesised a couple of chapters ago when the Minotour smacked the mech, it might be a completely new weapon.

Though I can't see the mech being given to someone at 100 points, I always found the introduction of swords and bikes from nowhere rather weird.

Is the Y-gun also standard? I've only ever seen Kaito and early Kei with one, though Nishi did know how it worked. It seems to take down many stronger enemies with ease (especially since people are guessing the final Buddha to have been worth 100 points way back when) and even Nuri feared it enough to try dodge it

georgemarvin
June 24, 2008, 04:40 AM
Is the Y-gun also standard? I've only ever seen Kaito and early Kei with one, though Nishi did know how it worked. It seems to take down many stronger enemies with ease (especially since people are guessing the final Buddha to have been worth 100 points way back when) and even Nuri feared it enough to try dodge it

Actually, I had thought that they were common, but I just hadn't ever considered it. Now that you mention it, there is only one Y-gun.

Here's its story. In the first mission, Nishi used the Y-gun to capture the big Onion alien. Kei just took credit for it when he was talking to Katou later.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/17/10/

Then next time we see it, it's on the floor between Nishi and Kei. We know it's not Kei's because he has just opened his case and it's empty. Nishi was sitting in that spot before Katou started telling the new arrivals about the game and he started arguing with Katou, telling him that he was insane for telling them anything. The issue is called "Forgotten". That's just before the thug shoots Nishi the first time.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/32/02/

The next time we see it, it's still on the floor, right next to Kishimoto.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/33/09/

Never noticed it before, but Nishi didn't just get shot once by the rifles before the mission. He got shot twice. The first was in issue 32, then again in issue 33. He tells Gantz to teleport him first after he kills the thug, forgetting he has left the Y-gun on the floor. Since he's just killed one of them and there are 3 bikers left, he's doing the smart thing.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/32/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/33/03/

Kei is being teleported and fumbling around for a weapon, so Kishimoto gives him her pistol.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/34/17/

While they are in the room, the last biker tries to rape Kishimoto. After he teleports, she's all alone in the room. She evidently picks up the capture gun, because she is holding it when she finally transports, halfway through Nishi's fight. Notice that she hasn't gotten up yet.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/38/02/

The next time we see it, Kei is using it to shoot at the Tanaka alien. The following scene, we see that Kishimoto now has Kei's pistol. They evidently traded weapons.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/39/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/40/03/

The next time we see it is when Kei is marveling at the power of it while standing over Nishi's corpse.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/42/05/

Kei is forced to hand the Y-gun over to one of the thugs when they decide to make him do the work of finding the aliens for them.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/43/03/

The thugs start talking about why there is one unique gun among all of the others. One suggests that, since it has three barrels, it must be three times as powerful as the other guns.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/43/06/

The thug with the Y-gun is beheaded by the Tanaka boss. It's unclear about what happens, but Katou has the Y-gun at the beginning of the next mission, and he's kept it ever since.

That doesn't mean that it's a reward weapon, but it may be one. Nishi had been through about 30 missions before the series began. Oku, the author, said that part of the history of the series was that there had been a hunt every 12 days, and Nishi had been in Gantz for over a year. He had plenty of time to collect several rewards.

It'll be funny if some of the Gantzers choose the reward weapon and it turns out to just be a capture gun. :)

BigCamaro
June 25, 2008, 05:25 PM
It's highly likely, in my opinion, that a created weapon sticks around even when its owner is killed. If not, what was the point of Izumi asking for a weapon?

My guess is It'd be issued to him first or he'd make sure he gets it first, but it could still go on to the next person perhaps. It might go to the room. Since he already asked for the gun and said to have it ready for him next time, I wonder if that means if and when he is revived it will still be made for him the next mission.

Sure points don't stay when you're revived with Gantz but why not requests? And I'm sure people have asked for BFGs and the like in tokyo before. Its just that when they died the whole team probably died/no one was around to bring it back to the room.

kaliayev
June 25, 2008, 05:38 PM
hmmm, interesting evidence but there's at least two (probably three) in the room:
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/5/02/

the reason there may be three is that nishi doesn't make a move for the gun next to the teacher before being teleported. later, we see katou getting knocked down the hill while holding his y-gun:
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/12/17/

of course, katou doesn't have it the next time he starts fighting:
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/14/18/

if there is only one y-gun in that mission, then in order to use the gun in this shot:
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/17/10/
nishi would have had to go looking around for it on the hill, which isn't something he's likely to do for a simple y-gun

with regards to the fact that no one used the y-gun after katou (i'm not about to go back through those missions to check if that's true), there are a number of consistency errors in this manga. what holds true at the beginning may be overlooked later on. oku may have decided to limit it to one later on and decided that katou was forever holding that gun. but then, there wouldn't be any guns in the room at the start of each mission. in each mission (except chibi), we see people being dismembered while holding rifles or x-guns. if katou was keeping that gun from other players by being in the memory, every other hunter that died with a gun would cause a shortage in the room, which has never happened. also, there's simply no way the y-gun is the first reward since there's more than one in the room.
[hr]

only if another person picks it up and holds onto it. of course, you could probably use this to cheat. at the end of a mission, injure one player while he's holding a bfg then have another guy pick it up and repeat. hmmm, i wonder if you could do that with the mech.

i think izumi's reward was meant to be an inside joke at the time. had izumi asked to have the weapon before the next mission, he wouldn't have died.

Shion Izumi
July 07, 2008, 06:41 PM
I wonder if you clear the game 10X, GANTZ will revive you if you die during a mission, I mean, there are only so many weapons you can get.

maraxusofk
July 09, 2008, 02:23 PM
i think izumi's reward was meant to be an inside joke at the time. had izumi asked to have the weapon before the next mission, he wouldn't have died.

more likely that oku jsut couldnt think what the reward would be so izumi never got it.

warbandit66
July 09, 2008, 05:11 PM
Has anybody considered that pocket Gantz could have been one of the rewards for scoring 100 points?

TheGenius
July 10, 2008, 03:41 AM
Has anybody considered that pocket Gantz could have been one of the rewards for scoring 100 points?

You mean the chance to go back whenever you feel like? Or in exchange of something?

projectfighter
July 10, 2008, 09:42 PM

Could be, but it seemed more like something Gantz gave to Izumi so that he could call him back if he ever need strong people.. Like how gantz said he wanted to gather strong people..

Anyone notice how the missions have gotten seriously crazier? From onion to huge bird thing shit to fucking giant buddhas. Then those weird things that beat up kei and came to his school to kill him. Then to dinosaurs, then those weird things that people could see, and now this mission. Imagine what could happen next..

Mr.Aaron
July 10, 2008, 11:01 PM
Could be, but it seemed more like something Gantz gave to Izumi so that he could call him back if he ever need strong people.. Like how gantz said he wanted to gather strong people..

Anyone notice how the missions have gotten seriously crazier? From onion to huge bird thing shit to fucking giant buddhas. Then those weird things that beat up kei and came to his school to kill him. Then to dinosaurs, then those weird things that people could see, and now this mission. Imagine what could happen next..

Brittney Spears Alien Mission.

Favorite phrase: Howd this urine get under my feet? D:<

kaliayev
July 13, 2008, 03:57 PM
it would be kinda funny if oku did an idol mission. as it turns out, reika is the only japanese idol who isn't an alien. now, she must eliminate all her rivals while inaba hits on all of them.

Hellas Spectrum
July 15, 2008, 04:53 AM

i dont know about that because Izumi didnt even remember anything about nishi or past missions how would he know what kind of weapon he would get and how would he know the vampire fantastic 4 would beast on him?

most likely his weapon is still sitting there next to the gantz bikes...what i would like to know is how many points do you need for that useless invisible gundam lol.

gibits
July 24, 2008, 01:05 PM
Figured there should be one since it plays such a big part in this series.

I had a question about the x-gun: can you lock on to the same spot twice to multiple its firepower? And there is no delay with lock function right?

GAT-X252
July 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
It seems, remember the hunt of Tae?

I don't think they all could just resist one attack of the X Shotgun. The delay is no problem when you use the first trigger, once you pressed it and locked a target, he would recieve the shot no matter what.

Mr.Aaron
July 24, 2008, 06:39 PM
I wonder what kind of functions the Mech had...

Stupid Newb
July 25, 2008, 04:38 PM
I wonder if pressing just the bottom trigger will fire it like a normal gun because as far as i can remember they've have always pressed both triggers

GAT-X252
July 25, 2008, 08:34 PM
I wonder if pressing just the bottom trigger will fire it like a normal gun because as far as i can remember they've have always pressed both triggers

Not really.

Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/133/17/) it seems he is just pressing the bottom trigger. Izumi was already Locked and Kurono didn't needed to point towards him.

Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/151/13/) & here (http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/151/14/) Kurono is only pressing the first trigger.

Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/151/16-17/) Kurono says that he would kill them in one shot, meaning that finally he is pressing the second trigger too.

:oh

Asriel
August 03, 2008, 06:29 AM
Is there a link with every weapon we have seen and pictures of it? Because I am really confused :S

gHZoDD
August 11, 2008, 02:17 AM
I wonder if one gets enough points they could start their own gantz franchise.
could that be why there are balls in Germany and Israel or explain why Gantz seems a bit immature?

I think that was the goal of oka because he seems more interested in gaining points and clearing the game rather than helping people or risking his own life.

Kinda like playing games just to max out stats and attaining all unlockables rather than just getting it done.

10 clears = gantz franchise
small ball, max capacity 10-20 users
now lets assume his ball levels up for every kill that the gantzers get
100 pts = upgrade max capacity to 15 users
200 pts = upgrade max capacity to 20 users
25000 pts = Upgrade to bigass ball 100 capacity

and id guess that you pretty much live like a god in space or something depending on how many points you+your franchise gets.

kaliayev
August 21, 2008, 07:54 PM
@mods
given the debate about the y-gun between george and myself, i suggest that the thread title be changed to "gantz rewards and weapons" or the relevant posts are moved to the weapon thread, which never really went anywhere.
done. also merged weapons thread in with this one to keep all related posts in one place :)

the x-gun knob-
the x-gun features a knob that allows the shooter to change the type of shot that is used. the default setting sends out a large burst that explodes upon contact with another object. this one is more powerful, but it can be blocked:

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/160/06/

the second setting is first shown here:

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/119/04/

this one sends out a smaller burst but it isn't stopped when it connects with an object that isn't targeted (makes sense since the targeting screen is equipped with x-ray vision). i have not checked to see if there are knobs on the other weapons, but i wouldn't be surprised if there were. if there is one on the y-gun, the second setting could be quite interesting.

p.s. as with everything, it is debatable if oku even remembers. then again, he could be saving it for special circumstances. there's also no way of knowing who, besides kurono, is aware of the knob since i don't think we've seen anyone else use it.

p.p.s. the knob is still there in current chaps so he hasn't forgotten about it:

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/255/21/

bfg may have three settings:

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/252/07/

GAT-X252
August 21, 2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/119/04/

IMO Kei just locked the 3 bottles and then pressed the second trigger.

The "knob" is an energy controller according to the Manual.

kaliayev
August 21, 2008, 08:51 PM
i'll have to trust the manual, though the knob still changes the settings on the gun. i still think the point i made about blocking holds true for the different settings. from what i can tell, the rifle also has a knob, but there isn't one on the y-gun.

does the manual say anything about the knob on the bfg? the x-gun has two settings while the bfg has three. the design of the bfg is also similar to the y-gun (wiring of the gun and the center barrel being surrounded by a triangle):

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/277/24/

i wouldn't be surprised if it can be set to capture aliens. in addition, there are barrels on the bottom of the gun. have we seen those spark up?

georgemarvin
August 22, 2008, 12:32 AM
@kaliayev about the knobs on the guns:
Yeah, you have to wonder just how dumb some of the Gantz members are. Not only don't any of them bother to go in the arsenal room to get the bike and possibly other neat stuff, but they aren't even curious enough to figure out what all of the controls on their weapons and suit control panels can do.

The Osaka team evidently knew a little more about the Gantz tech than the Tokyo team, since they had a laptop that could interface with the weapons. The heroin addict probably wasn't the inventor of that little device, but somebody was able to crack at least some of the Gantz programming.

kaliayev
August 22, 2008, 12:44 AM
@george
indeed. damnit, now i really wish tokyo had a technological genius on their team. the rifle is actually an x-gun with a few parts added to it. someone could probably take everything apart and reassemble the pieces to form an ultra x-gun. i can see it now:

"bwa ha ha, you stupid aliens, we totally went power rangers all over your ass."

Masterchief
August 22, 2008, 12:49 AM
rofl @ power rangers, I always assumed the laptop was the 200 point reward. I wonder what else its used for cuz theres alot more then points showing on their.
and why does everyone call it the bfg now?(big f*****g gun?) I always called it the h-gun

kaliayev
August 22, 2008, 11:55 AM
@gat or njt
please check the translation of the third option:

http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/185/17/

i would be really annoyed if vamps weren't included in that option since they are aliens.

@chief
just a matter of preference.

GAT-X252
August 22, 2008, 07:37 PM
It says "Ningen".

And it means "Human" or "person".

Maybe you are right...maybe the Butter dog can't be revived neither...XD

georgemarvin
August 22, 2008, 10:35 PM
But what if Kei had asked Gantz to display everything that is recorded in the memory, instead of specifically asking for humans? Gantz may very well keep humans, animals, and monsters in the database, but just showed the humans because that's what Kei asked him to show.

igotthegoods
August 23, 2008, 09:45 AM
But what if Kei had asked Gantz to display everything that is recorded in the memory, instead of specifically asking for humans? Gantz may very well keep humans, animals, and monsters in the database, but just showed the humans because that's what Kei asked him to show.
that's an interesting thought. :nod after all, gantz doesn't reveal anything more than what he is asked for. but i wonder if we'll ever find this out. i seriously doubt anyone is going to want to revive the dog or aliens (assuming that's what you meant by 'monsters' -- is that what you meant?). i suppose tae was an "alien" though, or at least their opponent in one of the missions, and she was able to be revived. i wonder if she's a special case (since she'a actually human) or if any of the aliens could be revived.

georgemarvin
August 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
I preferred the generic "monsters" because some of the vampires are also humans, Nurarihyon and the Oni are mythical demons, the dinosaurs are partly animals, etc.; just saying "aliens" may be too specific. After all, Gantz isn't going to volunteer anything.

MissingLimb
August 27, 2008, 10:46 PM
I agree because at this point I've decided that "Gantz aliens" aren't like what we think of aliens.

georgemarvin
August 28, 2008, 12:41 AM
Getting back on topic:

Known rewards:
1. H-gun
2. Super suit
3. Mecha

Possible rewards, but may not be:

4. Flying bike
5. Katanas
6. Nishi's early suit (it could cycle through all the weapons at the push of a button). It's possible that it's an intermediary before the super suit.
7. Y-gun

The katanas and Y-guns are more scarce than the standard-issue equipment, but they aren't necessarily rewards. I stated before that it would be funny if somebody picked the weapon expecting a BFG and just got a lowly Y-gun. A huge debate over whether it was possible that they were rewards ensued. Same goes for the katanas; they don't appear to be that powerful, and Izumi, Kei and Nishi all got them out of the bike room. But they might still be rewards; they can come in handy in certain situations.

Nishi's suit could also be a reward; nobody else can push a button and have his weapons instantly pop into his hands. But then again, it may be a feature that's built into all of the suits and nobody else knows how to use it.

It's altogether possible that all of the bikes can fly, and Oka figured the controls out. Then again, it could be a special bike. But it still might not be a reward, or all of the bikes could be rewards.

Here's what I think: The low-level reward weapons are one-size-fits-all, anybody can use them. The higher level rewards are customized, and only the owner can use them. The Nishi Stealth Suit, Super Suit and Mecha were probably customized. The rest of them are probably originally given to the person who won them, but he can do anything he wants with them, including leaving them lying on the floor for anybody to pick up, or directly giving them to somebody else.

It's possible that only Nishi, Izumi and the current team members who have cleared at least once can open the door with the bikes and swords in it. Once it's open, anybody can walk in and use the stuff in it. After all, the guy with the glasses in the 1000 arms mission had already tried to open it but couldn't, while Izumi could. Also, before the Tanaka mission, Nishi had hinted that there was a way for Kei to survive without his suit, before the punk biker shot him. He was probably referring to the stuff in the bike room. He was enjoying playing with Kei, but it looked like he was going to tell him how to survive, after he had his fun. Unfortunately, after he killed the biker and had to leave the room first, he was no longer in a mood to give out any helpful advice.

There are probably some pretty complicated rules for possession of any of the reward weapons.

GAT-X252
August 28, 2008, 10:20 AM
The Y Guns were in the gun rack since the beggining of the manga.

Why do you think they could be Rewards?

georgemarvin
August 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
Well, at one point I argued that it may actually be a reward weapon. Here was my logic:
At the first of the manga, we saw Nishi walk up to the guy who got the Y-gun; after the ball opened up, we saw him walk back to his normal position and the guy was looking at the Y-gun. After the guy picked up his suit and left it on the floor, Katou picked it up. He used it until he dropped it, then Nishi used it to capture the onion alien. At the start of the next mission, there was one on the floor where Nishi was standing before the mission started and one lying on the floor next to where Kei sat down to look at his empty suitcase. Nishi left in a hurry, and Kei never picked the other one up. kishimoto got it, then traded guns with Kei; he used it, then the thug got it, then Katou ended up with it. After one of the thugs took it from Kei, they were commenting about there only being one of the Y-guns and wondering whether it was more powerful than the other weapons. I thought that the way the prelude to the first mission was drawn, and by the fact that the guy was the one that Nishi was feeding the "tv show" crap to, meant that the Y-gun didn't necessarily come from the weapons rack. Also, I didn't see one used from the time that Katou left until after he was rezzed, but it was pointed out that Inaba did carry one during part of the Tae mission.

By my logic, if they were reward weapons instead of off-the-rack newbie weapons, there should have been two Y-guns in the room: the one in Nishi's personal arsenal, that he left in the room when he was in a hurry to leave after killing the thug, and the one that he was planting in the room every time to see if a rookie would figure out that it was a more powerful weapon than the others, and that it could capture and send the powerful boss enemies, even 100-pointers. Katou kept one of them at the end of the Tanaka mission and was using it when he was killed during the 1000 arms mission, and he still had it in his hand when he was rezzed. If it was a reward, the other one should still be there lying on the floor until somebody had the sense to pick it up. Inaba was the one who got it; he had it for part of the Tae mission.
It's not likely that it's a reward weapon; I originally suggested it as a joke: what if somebody chooses the powerful weapon expecting a BFG and just gets a katana or a Y-gun?

Unholy
August 29, 2008, 04:23 PM
Gantz has so many mysterys that it can get annoing, we didnt learn anything new so far but we got more mysterys to solve.The reward system sounds is tricky, the weapons we can be 100% sure that are rewards are: H-gun, okas suit and okas gundam (the bike might be but it may also be that oka just figured to operate a normal bike and use it to fly).Those 3 weapons would amount to 300 points but that makes no sense since knob cleared 4 times and only had the H-gun, same goes for george and kuwa who cleared 3 times each, my guess would be that u got to store points to get better stuff.Like this for example:
100 points: H-gun, if u get 100 points 10 times but every time u get 100 points u choose to get another weapon u are gonna get 10 H-guns
200 points: okas suit same applys here if u amount 200 points and exchange u gonan get only suits as many as u want.
400 points: the meccha
I know it sounds kind stuped but i cant really see any other explanation after all the little we saw of the osakans pretty much show they arent the type to revive people.Anyway the numbers i used are just an example (if they were correct knob would have a suit as well same goes for george and kuwa and since thats not the case those are not the right numbers).

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
I still think the laptop is a reward, simply because it seems wierd that someone had the intelligence to do that when most people cant figure out the suits. anyways I always assumed that

100 = h-gun
200 = laptop
and thats about all im sure of, Im guessing the 700 point is the mecha since oka didnt seem that skilled with it, 600 point would be the advanced suit someone mentioned oka taking out the 100 pointer I think he used that too do it. 300-500 are the only mysterious ones, im guessing the flying bike is a reward.

staytough
August 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
I still think the laptop is a reward, simply because it seems wierd that someone had the intelligence to do that when most people cant figure out the suits. anyways I always assumed that

100 = h-gun
200 = laptop
and thats about all im sure of, Im guessing the 700 point is the mecha since oka didnt seem that skilled with it, 600 point would be the advanced suit someone mentioned oka taking out the 100 pointer I think he used that too do it. 300-500 are the only mysterious ones, im guessing the flying bike is a reward.

so for 200 points you get a laptop with windows?
..who knows... maybe it is a reward but the windows thing confuses me.

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 05:00 PM
still the laptop is very useful. If you were to run into something that looks like a weakling but ends up to be nuri level you'd be screwed. Also we dont know all its functions yet(well at least I dont). the one thing that caught my eye is the symbol in the top left corner

look at it for tengu and the fox
http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-chapter-256-page-4.html
http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-chapter-256-page-5.html
the symbols seem to be the same, now look at nuri's
http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-chapter-256-page-8.html
its different not by much but still different

MissingLimb
August 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
Wait. I can't believe there's even a debate over whether the laptop's a reward or not. There's no way someone could rig up a laptop so it showed things that Gantz arbitrarily decided (even in a manga) it just doesn't make sense. Unless someone figured out how to make a laptop read minds, that has to be a reward.

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 06:00 PM
exactly what I was thinking, and it would be kinda cool to get a 9999999gb hard drive and 999999gb ram with it.

GAT-X252
August 29, 2008, 06:53 PM
that laptop is not a reward...

It has the logo of windows for god's sake!

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 07:13 PM
that makes no sense though, how can someone possibly know what gantz grades aliens?
and why cant gantz be pro-microsoft?

oh and also i think that the sword room was always open http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/135/16/
look at what izumi says there. then again it could be a mistrans.

kaliayev
August 29, 2008, 07:40 PM
i can't believe there's a debate either. that's gotta be the crappiest looking futuristic, alien computer i have ever seen. seriously, it isn't nearly as complex as the bike or the radar device. the thing's got a keyboard combined with a modest monitor. on top of that, microsoft somehow managed to get their brand tagged onto a computer created by a black ball (holy crap, gantz should put the pepsi logo on the x-gun and the coke logo on the y-gun, while dr. pepper gets the rifle), which few people are aware of? omg, bill gates is this god we keep hearing about? so what, gantz gives them a camera, a usb cable, and a comp? don't think so, mate.

let's go back to the fact that there are outlets in the room. hmm, wonder what those could be used for? perhaps one could use it to recharge a battery for a stinking laptop or digital camera. since we already know gantz is capable of completely recharging suits, the outlet would be arbitrarily placed there if gantz had created the laptop. is it really unbelievable that a person could have brought a laptop and camera to the room? come on, there are bound to be photojournalists in japan that would have had both on him when he died (it can be a very dangerous job). on second thought, laptops and cameras couldn't possibly be that rare in japan. as long as gantz has some compatible software available for download, it wouldn't be hard to set kyou's laptop up.

that room wasn't always open. izumi noted that it could only be opened after the ball opened. this is consistent with kudou's failed attempt.

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 07:51 PM
still thought kinda hard to believe someone could put that together, then again theres still alot we dont know bout gantz.

MissingLimb
August 29, 2008, 11:32 PM
If Gantz is a computer I can see someone hooking a laptop up to him, but he's probably not, and I doubt just anyone could figure that out.

Did anyone ever think Oku just put the windows sybol on because he likes windows? It was probably just a little detail he never thought anyone would notice. If only he knew how obsessive we are:darn

georgemarvin
August 30, 2008, 12:11 AM
http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-chapter-256-page-6.html
Not just windows, it has an Intel processor. And it takes a while to translate the reading from the gun into japanese; it shows a bar while it's translating. It's definitely not a reward.
What the computer was reading would be basic numerical values, not a complete translation of an alien language. It probably just reads the binary code, which may very well be a universal constant, and scans for matches.
It wouldn't be that hard for a programmer to translate some simple numbers; if they had a way of figuring out the values for the numbers from 1 to 100, that would be all that would be necessary to see how powerful that an alien is. Just connect the gun to the laptop, point it at various aliens and copy the readings, then compare them with the scores after each mission, you could get enough data to build the numerical value system of the foreign computer language after just a few missions. It doesn't appear that the laptop is doing a complete translation of the entire language, just the numerical values for the alien's strength and point value. If there were ten 2 point aliens during the last 3 hunts, and the gun;s basic binary code read 1001100 every time, and it read 1001100 this time, that series of symbols probably means the number 2.

Masterchief
August 30, 2008, 08:45 AM
guess i got owned maybe :blink?

oh and its laptop -> camera -> x-gun.

Well the 200 and 300 rewards couldnt have been that great if they didnt use em. God i wish gantz just gave em a weapons catalogue.

georgemarvin
August 30, 2008, 10:11 PM
It's possible that some of the rewards are defensive instead of offensive, or something that will be obvious later, but practically impossible to figure out beforehand, like the 6th sense movie.
Did anybody notice that even though Kuwabara only wore half of his suit, it still worked? I bet that it doesn't really matter much exactly how you wear it, as long as it's touching your body. It's probably designed to protect wearers of several different species, since Gantz evidently can't even tell the difference in humans, dogs and pandas. It may be that the suit's field works as long as it's touching any part of the owner's body. We've seen that the force field protects the wearer's head, even though the suit doesn't cover that area, when Izumi shot Kei in the head while he was wearing it.

MissingLimb
August 30, 2008, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there's alot of rewards the Osakans didn't choose just because they involved teamwork, less sadism, safety, or cleanliness. We'll find out soon (hopefully), but defensive rewards are definitely a possibility.

Masterchief
August 30, 2008, 10:28 PM
i think the suit does cover the whole body unless the part it is supposed to be covering is ripped off or the suit loses power. too lazy to find it now but during the chibi mission they ripped the arms off and kei got those hurt.

croissant
October 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
i wonder if that mecha suit is only usable by oka... I know you can let fellow gantz member use upgraded weapons, but suits? From what I know, suits can't be used by other gantz member since its usually tailored to the user. Imagine oka lending his mecha suit to takeshi or hoi hoi... it just doesn't make sense. I also wonder what happens to the upgraded weapons once the person who bought it gets killed or ejected from the team if he picked option no.1. Does the team lose that weapon?

Quetz
October 20, 2008, 10:26 AM
i wonder if that mecha suit is only usable by oka... I know you can let fellow gantz member use upgraded weapons, but suits? From what I know, suits can't be used by other gantz member since its usually tailored to the user. Imagine oka lending his mecha suit to takeshi or hoi hoi... it just doesn't make sense. I also wonder what happens to the upgraded weapons once the person who bought it gets killed or ejected from the team if he picked option no.1. Does the team lose that weapon?

Kei was able to ride on the motorbike after Izumi left the door open for him on the dino mission; if Oka ever left the door open for someone I'd say it'd be a safe bet that they'd be able to use it. On the flip side, I'd say that given the nature of the osakan team, I'm sure they'd probably try to get at the mech, given the chance, and so there were probably safeguards in some way/shape/form.

Regarding the rewards being offensive or defensive, it specifically says "You will receive a powerful WEAPON", not "You will recieve a powerful (gift/tool/object/etc)". This seems to indicate the intended purpose of the 100 pt rewards is to simply be able to kill aliens faster, and while some weapons inadvertently provide some defensive bonuses their main purpose still lies in their offensive capabilities.

This also agrees with Gantz's attitude towards human life in general (indifference). Of course, given his relationship with nishi ("Mr. Nishi"), it's also entirely possible that after you clear a couple of times he gives you stronger defensive options, since at that point he's decided you're worth something and that he'd like to keep you around.

Masterchief
October 21, 2008, 07:10 PM
well for one the bike isnt a reward so anyone would have access to it, this goes back to wether anyone can open the door or not. Secondly we still dont know for sure that the "a suit per person" rule applies just cuz nishi said it doesnt mean its true but it 99% is. Thirdly we can determine that you get the super suit before the mech as the super suit is needed to power the mech(at least thats what I think) but the super suit should be also custom made since it would make no sense that you cant use someone's regular suit but a suit thats 10x better is available to anyone. You might need the regular suit to use the super suit, oka is seen wearing both.

putopooche
November 15, 2008, 12:30 AM
wait..the weapon used by the osakan's can be used by the other hunters like katou.. so it means the items of oka will still remain in osaka gantz room.. i also think that the motor that is in the tokyo gantz room is an item of a died hunter that cleared a hundred points:D...

El Samurai Guapo
January 01, 2009, 03:59 AM
Aside from that, would I be completely off my rocker to say that it is possibly a gantz mech that made that explosion?

That would be awesome. I'm dying to see more of the GANTZ equipment that still remains a mystery. Oka introduced us to new suits/equipment we hadn't seen yet, but who knows, there may even be more.

I'm gonna take a moment to share what I think the ultimate reward gantz gives out should be like. Let's say it was unlocked by earning 1,000 points. Its known as the hyper gantz suit. It would be skin-tight, like the original, except it would the caps would be gold instead of blue (because the liquid inside is now yellow). It would also have the elbow blades & palm blasters that Oka's suit had, except the blades are now retractable, and the palm blasters could also be charged to unleash a more devastating blast, capable of leveling entire buildings.

As far as the suits defensive capabilities are concerned, it can withstand twice the amount of damage as the original suit, and it also protects against slicing attacks. Offensively, the suit amplifies its wearers strength three times that of the original. Underneath the suit, the new yellow fluid is being injected into the wearer's veins, where it acts like a drug that slows down time for the user, greatly improving his/her reaction time and reflexes.

Lastly, the suit comes with a built in watch/controller that can make the user invisible and act as a radar. The watch can also be used to summon a gantz motorbike or gantz mecha.

Well, that's my idea of the "ultimate reward" anyway.:amuse

Vancyer
January 01, 2009, 05:33 AM
wow, thats actually a really really good idea for a reward, maybe not the ULTIMATE reward, but damn, defiantly a very very very good one

The Technical
January 01, 2009, 01:18 PM
I think the ultimate reward is to become a Gantz.

EliteBeatAgents
January 01, 2009, 05:34 PM
That would be awesome. I'm dying to see more of the GANTZ equipment that still remains a mystery. Oka introduced us to new suits/equipment we hadn't seen yet, but who knows, there may even be more.

I'm gonna take a moment to share what I think the ultimate reward gantz gives out should be like. Let's say it was unlocked by earning 1,000 points. Its known as the hyper gantz suit. It would be skin-tight, like the original, except it would the caps would be gold instead of blue (because the liquid inside is now yellow). It would also have the elbow blades & palm blasters that Oka's suit had, except the blades are now retractable, and the palm blasters could also be charged to unleash a more devastating blast, capable of leveling entire buildings.

As far as the suits defensive capabilities are concerned, it can withstand twice the amount of damage as the original suit, and it also protects against slicing attacks. Offensively, the suit amplifies its wearers strength three times that of the original. Underneath the suit, the new yellow fluid is being injected into the wearer's veins, where it acts like a drug that slows down time for the user, greatly improving his/her reaction time and reflexes.

Lastly, the suit comes with a built in watch/controller that can make the user invisible and act as a radar. The watch can also be used to summon a gantz motorbike or gantz mecha.

Well, that's my idea of the "ultimate reward" anyway.:amuse

I too had an idea on a newer gantz suit, my idea is similar to yours but instead the suit kinda acts like a symbiote, when you think of the suit it reforms on your body, also the suit can absorb gantz weapons into it's self, like the X gun, gantz sword and amplify the weapons. it has retractable swords on it's elbow just like Oka's gorilla suit. the suit has lasers on the palm of the hands, as well a helmet that forms whenever you put on the suit.

Also I was thinking of a another prize, something similar to that device that nishi carries except it's somewhat of a storage keep, monowheel, weapons, extra lives etc.

El Samurai Guapo
January 01, 2009, 06:16 PM
I too had an idea on a newer gantz suit, my idea is similar to yours but instead the suit kinda acts like a symbiote, when you think of the suit it reforms on your body, also the suit can absorb gantz weapons into it's self, like the X gun, gantz sword and amplify the weapons. it has retractable swords on it's elbow just like Oka's gorilla suit. the suit has lasers on the palm of the hands, as well a helmet that forms whenever you put on the suit.

Also I was thinking of a another prize, something similar to that device that nishi carries except it's somewhat of a storage keep, monowheel, weapons, extra lives etc.

That idea of a symbiotic suit is kind of neat. Its good for clumsy people like me that would probably forget to wear the suit :p

I'm not a big fan of helmets though. I like how the basic gantz suit protects the head even though its not covered. I would keep it the same for my hyper gantz suit.

Maybe some yellow visor-esque sunglasses would look cool with the black/yellow suit.

NumeroUno
January 01, 2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah if their were helmets we wouldn't get to see peoples faces. Which would take away some of the atmosphere. Helmets would still be cool though. :)

Mr.Aaron
January 02, 2009, 03:16 PM
I can see that helmets would get in the way of differentiating characters, which could be annoying to readers. Plus it would make them seem like power rangers.

Katou: "Gantz team super mega special awesome force go!" Role Call!

Kurono! Red!

Katou! Blue!

Nishi! Emo Black!

Inaba! Useless Gray!

Doesn't that sound lame?

Amnesiac
January 02, 2009, 03:53 PM
Reika! Transparent!

Sounds good to me.

Mr.Aaron
January 02, 2009, 05:10 PM
Hahaha. You make me lol.

Suzuki! transparent!

Everyone: NO!
Hikawa: I don't know guys, this is okay with me. ;]

bt srs teim nao. :| :| :|

I liked Oka's suit, but having everyone in one of those would just be down right confusing.

bumbari19
January 03, 2009, 10:11 AM
the tokyo guys won't get any new suits if they don't earn them following the rules existing so far. then we must see if gantz decides to give them a special katastrophe equipment like he did with the bike in the kappe/dino mission. but for the moment none of them has got an h-gun, a special suit, a bike, a more awesome bike or a giant meccha like the members of the osakan hunters did and i don't see how they'll manage to fight the next even more awesome and freaky generation of aliens with just some x-guns and katou's silly y-gun (though katou rules, but his obsession with his y-gun is just ridiculous)

Mr.Aaron
January 03, 2009, 02:10 PM
The bike was never "special", it has always been there for use.

Kozar927
January 03, 2009, 02:17 PM
The bike was always their they just nevr checked in tht room

El Samurai Guapo
January 03, 2009, 07:27 PM
i don't see how they'll manage to fight the next even more awesome and freaky generation of aliens with just some x-guns and katou's silly y-gun (though katou rules, but his obsession with his y-gun is just ridiculous)

I don't know what you're talking about. The y-gun has proven to be one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far. Every time Katou-kun has used it, the y-gun has been effective.

bumbari19
January 03, 2009, 09:11 PM
The bike was always their they just nevr checked in tht room
in that case they're really morons that they've only used it once! i mean such a bike would have been pretty useful in the last mission for eliminating the mininions in kyou/druggy stile.

I don't know what you're talking about. The y-gun has proven to be one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far. Every time Katou-kun has used it, the y-gun has been effective.
the point i wanted to make out is simply: the tokyo guys aren't as well equipped as the osakan team. it would be very useful if they had more than just x-guns, y-guns and katana's, since there are some hunters who aren't very skilled plus the next aliens who won't be very easy to kill if nishi should be right.
apart from this: the y-gun isn't really effective! it worked against four aliens so far:
1) onion dad with broken arms
2) tanaka bird without his breathing tubes
3) little froggy oni (the one attacking the too curious and naive boy during the nuri mission)
4) little froggie's big bro' whose head was transported away

the ones who the y-gun failed to kill were
1) thousand-arms, the boss from the buddha mission (i think it was called asura)
2) dai tengu-san
3) nuri

i think that's all the times the y-gun was used (please correct me if i'm wrong) and my conclusion is that the y-gun only worked so far on mostly weakened < 5-point aliens, that doesn't make it "one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far". QED

EliteBeatAgents
January 04, 2009, 03:31 AM

HA! Y-gun sucks it just took Kato a damn while to realize it on the osaka mission.

El Samurai Guapo
January 04, 2009, 03:40 AM
apart from this: the y-gun isn't really effective! it worked against four aliens so far:
1) onion dad with broken arms
2) tanaka bird without his breathing tubes
3) little froggy oni (the one attacking the too curious and naive boy during the nuri mission)
4) little froggie's big bro' whose head was transported away

the ones who the y-gun failed to kill were
1) thousand-arms, the boss from the buddha mission (i think it was called asura)
2) dai tengu-san
3) nuri

i think that's all the times the y-gun was used (please correct me if i'm wrong) and my conclusion is that the y-gun only worked so far on mostly weakened < 5-point aliens, that doesn't make it "one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far". QED

Even if the above three occasions you listed the where the y-gun failed to kill were viable, the x-gun, x-rifle, and even h-gun, have all failed to kill even their targets many more times. The x-gun/rifle failed multiple times on the statue, the h-gun failed several times on tengu, the h-gun also failed more than once on Nuri.

In case you hadn't noticed, the y-gun is not intended to kill. It's intended to capture a target. Its more of a support weapon, and yes, I stand by my original statement that it is one of the most useful pieces of equipment (if used properly the way Katou does).

Every time Katou has used it, it has worked to his advantage. Starting with the Goddess of Mercy Statue, the y-gun (with its lock on capabilities) successfully captured the statue, and transported it. The y-gun succeeded here where the x-gun had previously failed (demonstrating the y-guns superiority on targets capable of dodging the x-gun).

After that mission, Katou was dead for a while, so the next time we saw him utilize the y-gun was in chapter 251 where it worked successfully in transporting that giant alien's head (essentially killing it). Note that in the previous chapter, a small group of Osakans failed to kill that same alien with x-rifles/guns.

In chapter 266, Katou used the y-gun against the giant nude female Nuri. Of course, since the giant female was comprised of several interlocked small nude females, the y-gun couldn't be expected to capture the target. However, Katou used the y-gun as part of a a combination attack, first cutting apart the torso with the y-gun, and then following up with the katana. In my opinion it worked pretty effectively, until he was grabbed (and later saved by Nishi). If he would have used that same tactic, he could have owned Tengu. Capture with y-gun, then immediately follow up with katana = ownage.

That would be my offensive style if I was a gantzer anyway. All I would need is the y-gun to hold an enemy for two seconds and it would be decapitated. This is why I say the y-gun is more of support weapon. It is indeed useful on its own (if you can manage to transport the captured target), but IMO it works even better if used in conjunction with other weapons, such as a katana... or perhaps even an h-gun!

bumbari19
January 04, 2009, 09:02 AM
i must admit, your point with the usefulness of the y-gun convinced me. but still, imo, it's just a distraction for the enemy so that the hunter can use a more effective weapon. i must also admit the the y-gun just didn't work on enemies who could either change their shape or could break those wires with bare force.
the x-gun and the h-gun have missed more often? i agree! but the x-gun and the h-gun have made much more victims so far than the y-gun, simply because the hunters preferred those cooler looking and in their opinion more effective weapons to the y-gun. it's good as a distraction, but it's a bad idea to use it alone.

Kozar927
January 04, 2009, 02:28 PM
I agree with samurai in my and many people openion the Y-gun is one of if not the most usefull weapon the tokoyo team currently has

El Samurai Guapo
January 05, 2009, 02:31 PM
i must admit, your point with the usefulness of the y-gun convinced me. but still, imo, it's just a distraction for the enemy so that the hunter can use a more effective weapon. i must also admit the the y-gun just didn't work on enemies who could either change their shape or could break those wires with bare force.
the x-gun and the h-gun have missed more often? i agree! but the x-gun and the h-gun have made much more victims so far than the y-gun, simply because the hunters preferred those cooler looking and in their opinion more effective weapons to the y-gun. it's good as a distraction, but it's a bad idea to use it alone.

It's true that the x-gun and h-gun have had more victims, but that is simply because those weapons are used far more frequently than the y-gun. Other than Katou, nobody really uses the y-gun. All of the other weapons are used by basically everyone. I could probably count the number of times the y-gun has been used on one hand. The x-gun/rifle have been used hundreds of times, on all sorts of enemies.

So far we've only seen the y-gun fail to capture and transport Nuri and Tengu, so overall it still has a higher success rate than the other weapons. Shape shifters have been few and far between though (I can only think of Nuri, and that one oni alien that Inaba had sex with).

As far as Tengu goes, he was strong enough to resist the h-gun (multiple times), so what did you expect? Most enemies get outright smashed by the h-gun, so I would say that Tengu was abnormally powerful, and one of the few exceptions that could break free from the y-gun via brute strength.

El Samurai Guapo
January 06, 2009, 05:46 PM
being defeated like that when the suite enables you to dodge bullets. the whole point of the suite is to enable super human speed and strength, that gun has a multi log on function like kurono showed in the past. with that losing is not an option.

What? This isn't the matrix, the suit doesn't allow you to dodge bullets. Do you understand how fast you'd have to be to dodge a projectile moving at over 1,000 feet per second? The suit allows you to run faster by giving you the added strength of the artificial muscles, however, at best this would allow the average human to run as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

As far as him locking on to them, how is he supposed to do that while he's getting ventilated the MP5Ks of several cops. For those that don't know the MP5K is a tactical sub-machine gun (SMG) made by German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K).

http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5k/mp5k.gif

Its a closed-bolt SMG that fires the 9mm parabellum cartridge. It can fire up to 800 rounds per minute (13 per second).

I think Nishi did pretty well killing most of them. These guys seemed to be pretty elite. Probably the Tokushu Kyūshū Butai of the National Police Agency. If he had his controller in hand though, they would have all died.

I love Oku's attention to detail when it comes to guns. Notice the GLOCK 19 at the end too.

EliteBeatAgents
January 06, 2009, 06:33 PM
What? This isn't the matrix, the suit doesn't allow you to dodge bullets. Do you understand how fast you'd have to be to dodge a projectile moving at over 1,000 feet per second? The suit allows you to run faster by giving you the added strength of the artificial muscles, however, at best this would allow the average human to run as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

As far as him locking on to them, how is he supposed to do that while he's getting ventilated the MP5Ks of several cops. For those that don't know the MP5K is a tactical sub-machine gun (SMG) made by German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K).

http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5k/mp5k.gif

Its a closed-bolt SMG that fires the 9mm parabellum cartridge. It can fire up to 800 rounds per minute (13 per second).

I think Nishi did pretty well killing most of them. These guys seemed to be pretty elite. Probably the Tokushu Kyūshū Butai of the National Police Agency. If he had his controller in hand though, they would have all died.

I love Oku's attention to detail when it comes to guns. Notice the GLOCK 19 at the end too.
God I hate SMGs, useless guns, assault rifles on the other hand...

El Samurai Guapo
January 06, 2009, 08:38 PM
God I hate SMGs, useless guns, assault rifles on the other hand...

Sub machine guns are far from useless.

SMGs have several advantages over assault rifles for CQB (Close Quarters Battle). SMGs are lightweight, have a high rate of fire, accurate at short distances. You'll never see a smart tactical unit like the NAVY SEALs using an M-16 while moving around indoors. Rather than waste time pointing out the obvious, take a look at the preferred CQB weapon of choice for counter-terror units around the world, its the MP5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVBYlHsIRY

I wouldn't be too sure about that, if he turned invisible in front of those guys gantz would probably kill him. I bet Nishi had the controller but didn't take the risk of using it.

Well, if he had the controller on him, he had plenty of time to go invisible before the made entry. Also, it wouldn't make sense that gantz would allow him to show the cops how he can get up being shot dozens of times, but he wouldn't let him turn invisible? He more than likely just didn't bother bringing it with him to school. Either way, the point is that if Nishi could have used his invisibility it, he would have easily owned them.

EliteBeatAgents
January 06, 2009, 11:17 PM
God, I hate people that make misinformed comments when they clearly don't have a clue about firearms. Sub machine guns are far from useless.

SMGs have several advantages over assault rifles for CQB (Close Quarters Battle). SMGs are lightweight, have a high rate of fire, accurate at short distances. You'll never see a smart tactical unit like the NAVY SEALs using an M-16 while moving around indoors. Rather than waste time pointing out the obvious, take a look at the preferred CQB weapon of choice for counter-terror units around the world, its the MP5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVBYlHsIRY

Well, if he had the controller on him, he had plenty of time to go invisible before the made entry. Also, it wouldn't make sense that gantz would allow him to show the cops how he can get up being shot dozens of times, but he wouldn't let him turn invisible? He more than likely just didn't bother bringing it with him to school. Either way, the point is that if Nishi could have used his invisibility it, he would have easily owned them.

lightweight yes
CQC, assault rifles have that ability as well(M4)

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 05:34 PM
I think 100pts 200pts 300pts exct have there own menus. If you were to clear and just keep banking your points you would get better wishes. Thats
what i Believe. Example if you banked 700 points you probably get the mecha
suit or can revive multiple people.

Amigo!
February 01, 2009, 11:28 AM
anyone think the osaka teams leaders revived each other?

JediKnight
February 01, 2009, 11:55 PM
Maybe they revived each other, was nobu alive I think he was. If he wasn't
his girl could always revive him. Seeing what kind of team they are, I doubt
they would revive each other. They'll probably go for more power. But it would be nice to see Osaka's full team again.

xKhan
February 04, 2009, 12:39 AM

I think Oka would be the one exception to that. I'm pretty sure the survivors woke up a bit after the last mission and they won't have a chance against another mission like that anytime soon "unless" they bring back at least Oka. He was the #1 gantzer in all of Japan, if anyone is worth that revive it's him. Then again if they're totally retarded and are 100% ignorant of everything around them..

Anyways, I'm thinking that the weapon armory system is depending on the # of times you put your points into the weapons. 1st is the BFG, whatever is in-between could be something less obvious like a new power to the regular suit or some useful small trinket and "then" the mecha etc.

We haven't actually seen what shows up when you pick the weapon though, it says WEAPON, as in singular but that could be ONE weapon out of a list of choices with some unlocked later.

Anyways, slightly different takes on some stuff mentioned.

Amigo!
February 04, 2009, 05:31 AM
A Possible Reward System, based on the assumption that a "Clear" is 100 points and "Option 2: A Better Weapon" is chosen:

1 Clear= "H-Gun"
2 Clear= ?
3 Clear= ?
4 Clear= ?
5 Clear= ?
6 Clear= Powersuit
7 Clear= Mecha

5th clear is flying bike i think. perhaps 2nd 3rd 4th 5th...are repeats of h-gun and stuff...that would explain why anzu had one.

gantz8213
February 12, 2009, 12:36 AM

1 Clear= "H-Gun"
2 Clear= ?
3 Clear= ?
4 Clear= ?
5 Clear= ?
6 Clear= Powersuit
7 Clear= Mecha

I think it's more likely to assume that oka cleared the first time, got the H-Gun, found someone he liked or saved his points, either revived said person or held points past the two hundred mark, then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, are flying bike, powersuit, mecha. And we can assume if this is the case the other guy decided to save his points or revived someone else...we don't know but i think it's more likely that it goes in order then it does a 100 point menu and a 200 point menu and so on....so after you buy the H-Gun, you clear lvl one, and no matter what you use your next 100 points on your always going to go to the 2nd lvl weapon after that...just my personal theroy..

GAT-X252
March 04, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hmmm...

I think the "scaner" of Kyo (The hunter of Osaka) was only a computer connected to a X Gun with a Digital Camera.

The language that could be seen in the monitor was only greek, so it couldn't been hard to find a program to translate it. But the other weird symbols (the non translated score), well...maybe the weren't that hard neither.

Maybe there is an option that allows you to get more than 100 points per mission, that would be useful.

cassaruby
March 04, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking the flying bike was just Oka using the full potential of the bike to drive up walls and project off things.

The Mecha didn't seem very useful...at all. At most it seems like a shield. It might not have been a reward (but chances are it is).

nouvomx
April 04, 2009, 06:03 PM
ahhh, didn't know this thread existed

very good theory about the bike @cassaruby!

BrazilianGantzer
April 06, 2009, 12:12 PM
Possibly, cassaruby, but it did look like Oka was flying and dodging the big Godzilla's arms...it didn't look like he was either falling or gliding...to me it looked quite a lot like flying...

About the reward scheme's...I think the mecha IS the 7th option simply due to the fact that Oka didn't seem to know what to do with it properly, I mean...the Godzilla thing wouldn't have been able to destroy the mecha is Oka knew how to use it properly...would it?

IMO the über suit is almost certainly the 5th option or upwards...Nobu has cleared 4 times and doesn't have it (or doesn't use it, which would be fucked up) and since nobody else has the flying bike or the mecha, we can assume that the suit, bike and mecha are 5th 6th and 7th clear, respectively.

If that is the case, it's quite possible that the quote about Oka "Mankind's Finest" still applies, since the dead über italian could have just cleared for the 5th time and didn't know how to use his suit to its fullest yet, like Oka.

georgemarvin
April 13, 2009, 01:33 AM
I still think there's something screwy about the Y-guns.

I'm going to try a different tactic: Basic math.

If one side of the rack contained 6 Y-guns and 6 rifles, the other side contained 6 X-pistols and 6 rifles, there would have been 12 rifles, 6 X-pistols and 6 Y-guns.

However, the players have used more than 6 X-pistols almost every mission, but the maximum number of Y-guns used each mission was 2 before Katou died, and 1 while he was gone.

Onion alien:
X-pistols: Teacher, girlish-looking guy, 2 yakuza, Kei, Nishi
Y-gun: Nishi, Katou (Nishi walked over to the teacher when the ball opened, the next panel the teacher had a Y-gun, but there were still 3 guns in the rack. The teacher laid it down, and Katou had it during the hunt.)

That's 6 X-pistols, 2 Y-guns. Inconclusive.

Tanaka mission:
X-pistols: Nishi, Katou, Kei, Zoku, 1 of the other thugs, Male Model, Stalker
Y-guns: Like the first mission, a Y-gun was conspicuously left lying right next to Kei, but he was so panicked about not having his suit that he didn't pick it up. Nishi evidently left his Y-gun and rifle on the floor in his hurry to leave, too. Kishimoto picked up the one that had been placed next to where Kei was sitting, after the biker thug tried to rape her

That's 7 X-pistols and 2 Y-guns. Something's starting to click.

1000 arms mission:
X-pistols: Katou, Kei, Kishimoto, male model, stalker, teacher, Sei, sniper, the 2 posers
Y-gun: Katou
Hmm...That's 10 X-pistols and 1 Y-gun out of 12 slots. Starting to look a little more like there's something fishy here.

Katou died during that mission. He had one of the Y-guns in his possession when he died, so if I'm right, that would only leave 1 in the room.

During the Tae hunt:
X-pistols: Kei, Kaze, Sakata, Cherry, Reika, Old Man, Inaba, raped girl, 1 of the rapists
Y-gun: Inaba

That's 9 X-pistols and 1 Y-gun. Too many X's and not enough Y's. Again.

The Oni mission: The same. Kei, Kaze, Sakurai, Reika, Inaba, the raped girl, and 2 of the new recruits all carried X-pistols. I couldn't tell whether any of the rapists were carrying one.

That's at least 8 X-pistols. The Y-gun wasn't seen during the mission. Inaba may have dropped it early in the mission, when the vampires killed all of the rapists and raped girl.

Nuri:
X-pistols: Katou, Reika, Old Man, Kaze, Sakata, Cherry, Inaba, Nishi
Y-guns: Katou

Totals: 8 X-pistols, 1 Y-gun.

Every mission except the first one, Oku has made a point of drawing more than 6 X-pistols, even when they are just left in a holster for the entire mission. Meanwhile, he has made certain that there are only 2 Y-guns, and there was only 1 Y-gun while Katou was dead.

Gantz may be like a B western, where a 6-shooter can fire 50 rounds, but I don't think so. Oku goes to too much trouble to make things look and feel realistic for him to just forget how many X-pistols there are in the rack every single mission. It's more likely that there will be a reason why the Y-guns are so scarce.

Damura
April 13, 2009, 05:37 AM
When I read that george, what came to mind was the idea that people take their weapons home. If they take them home and the rest respawn, maybe that would account for the extra X-guns.

I went back and checked on the Onion mission and there are 3 Y-guns in use. Nishi's, Katou's and the generic guy with glasses has one.

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Gantz/004/011.jpg

There's definitely 6 X-guns and 6 Y-guns visible here... I can only guess that Oku made a mistake or thought to himself "Fuck it. It's my manga, they can have as many guns as I want."
[hr]
Oh, I was looking through other chapters for 'evidence' when I came across this page:

http://media1.mangavolume.com/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20135/compressed/8993_193790.jpg

Cherry's Master mentioned that he'd seen the Gantz ball before, but he couldn't remember where. I don't think that anything else came of this, but I remembered that he mentioned his body was a train wreck thanks to overusing his psychic abilities. This came as a surprise to me since I had assumed that Gantz heals all bodily wounds when he recruits his fighters. It got me thinking though, maybe his body wasn't healed. Maybe he was a Gantzer in the past and the whole body healing thing is a one-time only event. Whether this means anything or not depends on whether Cherry chooses to revive him.

Anyway, a few pages on from there I noticed something interesting. I think you'll appreciate it.

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Gantz/135/017.jpg

Everybody's gone, and the weapon rack is still full. Oku's pretty lazy, lol.

[hr]
I checked the end of the Dino mission and it's definitely possible for the team to have taken a few of the guns home with them, since Kei started his little training club.

One explanation for the low number of Y-guns is that Oku thinks they are a pain in the ass to draw.
[hr]
I just checked the room right before the Italy mission, and when Gantz opened up it was full again. Nishi was obviously carrying weapons, and so should every one of the Gantzers after Kei was cut down by Host Samurai.

gHZoDD
April 13, 2009, 06:49 AM
Hmmm...

I think the "scaner" of Kyo (The hunter of Osaka) was only a computer connected to a X Gun with a Digital Camera.

The language that could be seen in the monitor was only greek, so it couldn't been hard to find a program to translate it. But the other weird symbols (the non translated score), well...maybe the weren't that hard neither.

Maybe there is an option that allows you to get more than 100 points per mission, that would be useful.

my reaction to that was that the camera was reading different wavelengths and computing it as data :) like for example, it was scanning infra red, nuri is mega hot so he made the numbers rise. Lets say for argument sake, its not infra red, but another thing that humans cant see, kind of like how nasa has tools to see what stars are made up of and their chemical composition etc.

I would not be surprised if it showed other characters with gadgets like this in the future chapters because if gantzers are exchanging information over the net, then theres a good chance that they help each other out. #blackballintheroom on efnet or something

georgemarvin
April 13, 2009, 11:02 PM
@Damura: You missed a few things.
1. The teacher had the Y-gun in that panel. BUT he laid it down and picked up an X-pistol 2 pages later.
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-004/page014.html
He left it on the floor when he transferred; Oku made a point of drawing it on the floor every time after he laid it down. He took the X-pistol with him on the mission. Katou evidently picked up the Y-gun before he transferred.

The reason why the rack is full is that NOBODY TOOK A WEAPON that time!!!
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-135/page017.html
Kei was unconscious, and Izumi didn't tell anybody to take a suit or gun. So none of them did. Izumi himself took a sword. That's why the entire rack was full that time. Laziness had nothing to do with it. If any of them had been gone, it would have been carelessness. The fact that the rack was full, when NOT ONE of the rookies took a gun, means that it is perfectly consistent. After Kei became conscious, he took guns, and told Reika and Old Man to. Until that point, NOBODY had taken a single one out of the rack.

Damura
April 14, 2009, 12:43 AM
Izumi had an X-pistol.

http://media1.mangavolume.com/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20137/compressed/9068_195119.jpg
[hr]
Here's some proof that 3 Y-guns were in use during the Onion mission

http://media1.mangavolume.com/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%205/compressed/9180_197218.jpg

In the bottom panel, Katou holds a Y-gun, in the top panel, we see the second Y-gun next to the guy with glasses. The third is Nishi's.

Revilenigma
April 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
There's at least 6 Y-guns, http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-31&page_nr=17 the left are the X-guns and the right are the Y-guns

in this scene you see atleast 2 Y-guns http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-32&page_nr=2

at least 2 again
http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-34&page_nr=3

and here we go, finally found the fucker: http://www.mangavolume.com/gantz/chapter-gantz-53/
[hr]
http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-59&page_nr=12

you can see that the back of the y-gun is different than the x-gun

Damura
April 14, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah we've seen all that, but george wants an explanation for why there are more X-guns than there should be. There are 7 X-pistols in that last image you sent, when there should only be 6, or at least another X-gun or Y-gun to fill up the right-hand rack

georgemarvin
April 14, 2009, 09:53 PM
@Revilenigma: I already said that there were 2 Y-guns on the floor before the second mission, when Nishi shot the biker punk and left in a hurry; it looked like he left both his X-rifle and Y-gun in his hurry to get the hell out of there. The title of that issue is "Forgotten", after all!

The covers aren't exactly canon. If they were, we would be able to say that Nishi's suit isn't regulation. Then there's that H-gun that's bigger than the girl. And the characters from Hen in Gantz suits. And Tae in a Gantz uniform, etc., etc.; it's just a drawing of three Y-guns in front of the ball, anyway. That doesn't really prove anything.

And, even blown up to 800%, I couldn't tell much about what the guns look like in issue 59, page 12. I would need a HQ scan to tell much about them.
http://surplus-and-salvage.com/pictures/c59_p12_closeup.jpg

@Damura: Yeah, I had forgotten Izumi's pistol. One out of the 12 should be missing from the rack. I would have to look at how it's drawn to make sure whether it's clearly completely full or not, but if it is, then Oku forgot to remove one of the X-pistols in the drawing.

That page is a little funny; in the top panel, Katou's hands are empty, and the Y-gun is right in front of the teacher. In the bottom panel, Katou is obviously holding the Y-gun. Then a couple of pages later, the teacher transfers, but the Y-gun isn't in front of him anymore. I just assumed that Katou picked it up.

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-004/page017.html

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-005/page002.html

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-005/page003.html

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-005/page004.html

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-005/page005.html

Notice that after it appeared in Katou's hand, it disappeared off the floor.

Revilenigma
April 15, 2009, 06:58 AM
The amount of x-guns and y-guns seem to change often sometimes it's 6 and 6 and others it's 3 to 9, I stopped trying to figure that out and told my self that oku must have messed up.
[hr]

And, even blown up to 800%, I couldn't tell much about what the guns look like in issue 59, page 12. I would need a HQ scan to tell much about them.
http://surplus-and-salvage.com/pictures/c59_p12_closeup.jpg

the backs on the x-guns are round and the y-guns are more rectangular.

BrazilianGantzer
April 15, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hmm...just thought of something else...

We all agree (I think) that each time you clear and choose option number 2 you get a different thing.

I was wondering: let's say that we knew for SURE that the 5th clear was the G-Suit, ok? Now, say Reika clears 4 times (she has cleared 2 after all :P ) and each time she revives someone.
Do you think when she clears a 5th time and chooses option number 2 she'll get an H-Gun or will she go straight to the G-Suit?? Is that even possible? I mean, Gantz IS an asshole. He'll probably give her an H-gun...

kaliayev
April 15, 2009, 01:22 PM
We all agree (I think) that each time you clear and choose option number 2 you get a different thing.

No, we don't. This thread started with my banking theory. Please read it.

@george
The bfg has now been confirmed as the 100 point reward. There is no longer any point in arguing over the y-gun=reward matter.

Revilenigma
April 15, 2009, 01:25 PM
What I would like to know is what the other weapons are? some osaka guys have cleared multiple times but yet all they have are H-guns? Is there some weapons they don't like useing cause they think it sucks? A new version of the Y-gun that sends aliens down to fight with you like the blue mage rom FF?

georgemarvin
April 15, 2009, 02:15 PM
@Kaliayev: We know that the H-guns are a reward, and that Nishi, who may or may not have cleared before, received one. That's all that is confirmed at this stage.

We don't know for sure that the H-gun is the 100 point reward; we still don't know for sure whether Nishi cleared before he died.

It won't even be confirmed if Reika clears and chooses the gun; she has cleared twice, already. If she received one, it could be anything from the 100 to 300 point reward. It also won't be confirmed if Katou, Kei, Old Man, etc. who have each cleared once receive one; it will be the second clear for any of them. For that matter, it won't even be confirmed if Cherry, Takeshi, Kill Bill or HS clears for the first time and receives an H-gun as a reward. It would require several people receiving the same weapon consistently to confirm that my theory is incorrect.

I thought I posted my theory on this thread, but if I put it in another thread, I will look for it and repost it or move it here. This is the best place for it. My theory is basically that the rewards are randomly generated, based on the number of clears. There will be like a half-dozen possible rewards in each tier. Sort of like some video games. For about the first 3 times you clear, you will get one of the items from a menu that includes the H-gun, Y-gun, sword, bike, controller, etc.; when you choose the weapon the 4th-6th time, the rewards change to the gorilla suit, flying bike, and some other unknown items. You receive items from that menu until about the 7th time you clear, when the menu changes again. All the items from then on out are the uber-super-duper mega stuff like the gundam. That would insure that everybody wouldn't get the same stuff, and some of it would be useless to the player, who would then either put it in the armory room or give it to another player. For instance, you might have bad luck and get the sword three times in a row. Or bikes. Or H-guns. Or gundams, for that matter.

kaliayev
April 15, 2009, 03:21 PM
@George
RNG rewards? That's ridiculous. "Well, I didn't get what I wanted...time to reload and manipulate the RNG." Oku is being very explicit by having Nishi get the bfg. He wants to confirm, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the 100 point weapon is the bfg. You're excessively reading into it. The bfg far outclasses the basic equipment that they started with. There is no way gantz could apply the same descriptor (extremely powerful weapon) to the bfg and the lesser weapons, such as the sword and the y-gun.

Also, if someone chose the 100 point option twice in a row and received the bfg both times, they wouldn't choose that option again. They'd probably revive someone, leave, or try to see what happens at 200 points.

I'm also going to post my explanation of the Osakan point and reward distribution here, since it doesn't appear people are taking it into consideration:
1) Oka was there before any of the other Osakan hunters we know about. After getting the bfg, under the assumption that the bfg is the 100-point reward, he told gantz that each time he got 100, gantz should bank the points so that it looked like he had less than 100 each time. He also asked gantz to always tally his points last.

2) Insert the trio. They see Oka and his bfg and think it's the shit. They hurry to get 100 points so they can get a bfg, and they get them. Knob becomes the first to clear twice and with his hundred points, he goes for the powerful weapon again (he thinks like you guys XD). Unfortunately for him, gantz gives him another bfg (btw, this also happens to be Kyou's first mission).

3) Oka gets scored last and has over 100. He tells gantz to show him his net total and the corresponding reward menu. He has 300 points, and one of the options is the g-suit. He chooses this option.

4) The next mission, they see Oka and his g-suit in action. After getting it, he's able to rack up 100 points each mission, while the others only get a fraction of that. They all get jealous, and slightly pissed that he kept his real point amount hidden, and decide that, regardless of what options are on the 200 point menu, they'll get g-suits next (remember that Kyou wasn't wielding a bfg). Just before the Nura mission, Kyou, Kuwa, George, and Knob have acquired a banked total of 200+ points, while Oka has gotten another 300. He asks for the mecha/bike combo. This makes the Nura mission his first opportunity for using this reward, explaining why he was amateurish, in comparison to his g-suit and bfg expertise, with it.

I realize there's a hole. Why would Oka bank points after getting the bfg? Nishi's told us about a gantz chan. If Oka knew about this and was able to sift through the irrelevant posts, he could have found a description of the higher rewards. After this, he decided he wanted the meacha/bike combo and the g-suit.

Finally, time to add the limited warranty theory- If one steals another person's reward and it breaks, one doesn't get a replacement (original owner probably does, provided he doesn't die):
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-chapter-267-276.html?ch=Chapter%20267-276&pg=gantz_c267_011.jpg

p.s. As far as I can tell, your theory would still fail to explain why Knob only used a bfg (he had 4 clears).

BrazilianGantzer
April 15, 2009, 03:27 PM
PART 1

It won't even be confirmed if Reika clears and chooses the gun; she has cleared twice, already. If she received one, it could be anything from the 100 to 300 point reward. It also won't be confirmed if Katou, Kei, Old Man, etc. who have each cleared once receive one; it will be the second clear for any of them. For that matter, it won't even be confirmed if Cherry, Takeshi, Kill Bill or HS clears for the first time and receives an H-gun as a reward. It would require several people receiving the same weapon consistently to confirm that my theory is incorrect.

PART 2

I thought I posted my theory on this thread, but if I put it in another thread, I will look for it and repost it or move it here. This is the best place for it. My theory is basically that the rewards are randomly generated, based on the number of clears. There will be like a half-dozen possible rewards in each tier. Sort of like some video games. For about the first 3 times you clear, you will get one of the items from a menu that includes the H-gun, Y-gun, sword, bike, controller, etc.; when you choose the weapon the 4th-6th time, the rewards change to the gorilla suit, flying bike, and some other unknown items. You receive items from that menu until about the 7th time you clear, when the menu changes again. All the items from then on out are the uber-super-duper mega stuff like the gundam. That would insure that everybody wouldn't get the same stuff, and some of it would be useless to the player, who would then either put it in the armory room or give it to another player. For instance, you might have bad luck and get the sword three times in a row. Or bikes. Or H-guns. Or gundams, for that matter.

About PART 1: I kinda said something like that previousely; about we not knowing whether Reika would get an H-Gun on her 3rd clear because she already got 100 points twice.

About PART 2: I doubt the rewards are randomly generated because we'd probably already have seen more flying bikes, mecha's, or G-suits... Although this IS Gantz, right? We can't discard any theories practically.

Damura
April 15, 2009, 08:08 PM
The sheer number of H-guns suggests that the reward system is not random.

georgemarvin
April 16, 2009, 09:40 AM
I looked up an old post where I posted my theory about how the reward system works. Here's the whole theory.

Let's look at it from the author's viewpoint. He will probably want to introduce another weapon or two sometime, and won't want it to be so hard to get that it will take a dozen clears to get. Reika, Kei, Nishi and Kaze should be able to get something useful before the end of the series. The easiest way for that to happen would be if there are several weapons availiable at each tier.

When you choose the weapon the first time, you get access to the door to the left of the ball, the one that Izumi left open for Kei, and Gantz puts one random weapon in the room for you, from the following list:
1. Sword
2. Bike
3. H-gun
4. Unknown
5. unknown

The rewards wouldn't exactly to be randomly generated; it would be sort of like WOW or other games: There would be 1 or 2 that would be common, and others that are rare. Plus, Gantz might just mess with them for the heck of it.

Once Gantz has placed the reward in the room, it's up to you to take care of it. If you give it away or lose it, it becomes the property of whoever that picks it up. If you get tired of playing and leave, your leftover weapons will become the property of whoever that gets access to the room next. That would explain all of the swords scattered across the floor of the armory room, and the sheer number of H-guns on the Osaka team. Unused rewards would just accumulate in the room as people died or left.

The menu repeats the first three times you clear, maybe just when you have chosen the weapon.

The fourth time you choose the powerful weapon, you get access to the room by the kitchen that Sei tried to open. Gantz will place one random weapon in the room from the following menu:
1. Gorilla suit
2. Flying bike
3. Unknown
4. Unknown
5. Unknown

The 7th time that you choose the weapon, Gantz gives you access to the veranda, and you get one random weapon from the following menu:
1. Gundam
2. Y-gun (LOL, it's a joke, don't shoot me. But it would be right in tune with Gantz to put in a "booby prize" or two)
3. unknown
4. unknown
5. unknown

On your 10th clear, you get access to another room that has every weapon in the Gantz arsenal in it, as well as one super-duper extra special weapon.

If it works that way, it will mean that there are probably still some unknown weapons, even among the 100 point rewards. It will also mean that there will probably be a lot of junk, including some new weapons and armor, that's accumulated over the years in the other rooms that they can't open yet. There could even be a whole rack of gorilla suits and flying bikes left over from some uber team in the past.

I would guess that the reason why Knob only had the H-gun and sword would be that he had to revive his girlfriend at least once. Remember that Anzu thought Katou was going to revive his, when he mentioned reviving somebody. People think that the entire Osaka team were a bunch of lowlifes, but they would really be about like the Tokyo team: A bunch of various individuals who Gantz picks up once or twice a month for a mission.

teh100pointer
April 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
I think you made it too complicated, but i can believe this:

Once Gantz has placed the reward in the room, it's up to you to take care of it. If you give it away or lose it, it becomes the property of whoever that picks it up. If you get tired of playing and leave, your leftover weapons will become the property of whoever that gets access to the room next. That would explain all of the swords scattered across the floor of the armory room, and the sheer number of H-guns on the Osaka team. Unused rewards would just accumulate in the room as people died or left.

Damura
April 16, 2009, 06:27 PM
Here's another explanation for the swords. They are standard issue. The rewards are successive. The H-gun is always the first reward. Come on, what are the odds that Nishi stumbled upon a second H-gun? What are the odds that nearly everyone has a H-gun in Italy?

kaliayev
April 16, 2009, 10:36 PM
Let's look at it from the author's viewpoint. He will probably want to introduce another weapon or two sometime, and won't want it to be so hard to get that it will take a dozen clears to get. Reika, Kei, Nishi and Kaze should be able to get something useful before the end of the series.

You have no idea when Oku is going to end the series. It could happen in four issues, it could happen in a year, or it could happen in ten years (personally, I'm leaning towards less than a year). If he intends to end it soon, there's no reason to have the Tokyo hunters access higher rewards. If they aren't transferred to another ball, this access is precluded. The g-suit and mecha could have been the last bits of over-the-top fan service, regarding weapons, that Oku wanted to give fans before the conclusion.

Based on the fact that Italy was a mission with team selection being on the international level, it's probable that most, if not all, of the g-suiters were eliminated as a result of the Italy mission. The sheer number of bfg and g-suiter teams in the mission was ridiculous. Didn't it seem awfully conspicuous to you? Most of the teams selected were probably the best available at the time. Regardless of whether or not this was an effort to weed out the most effective players or an earnest attempt to counter a huge threat, it's probable that the lower tier hunters are the only ones left. This makes it less likely that anyone from Tokyo will be getting a g-suit. As much as you or I want Oku to expand even further beyond the basic 100 point menu, I doubt he will.

it would be sort of like WOW

I don't like where this is going. XD

No, my limited warranty theory counters what this implicates: gantz restocks higher rewards for whomever was last/is in possession of it. While you can take a weapon from another person, you can only keep this "copy" until you break it. Meanwhile, the original owner would probably get a replacement when he's brought back to the room.

In addition, if gantz were to have a somewhat leveling method of distributing these weapons, after they're stolen or left without an owner, why not let everyone "share" everything? Points are distributed to the person who deals the killing blow, not to everyone who contributes to the kill. Such a policy would suggest a similar attitude towards the restocking of higher rewards. While one could perhaps keep a stolen bfg for awhile, in gantz's eyes, this person would not be the "beneficiary" of his policies because this person did not make the most decisive act in the ultimate acquisition of the weapon. The hunter who chose the bfg as his reward did.

Again, you fail to account for Knob.

p.s. I wonder what clear count the current Kurono is even considered to have by gantz. Even though he chose the first option, the beneficiary of it was the one, whose corpse location is unknown, killed by the vamps. Meanwhile, the Izumi that came back was the "same" one who had been released. However, he was able to "fully" experience his freedom before being given a gantz-related out. This didn't apply for Kurono. Gantz gave the wiped version no ultimately beneficial clauses like he did Izumi. He may not be able to do so, but Kurono should totally ask for a reward refund if gantz comes back online (if gantz says no, time for some skull f'ing). Then, he'll have enough for the 200 point menu, which Oku will never show us. XD

Damura
April 17, 2009, 03:24 AM
You have no idea when Oku is going to end the series. It could happen in four issues, it could happen in a year, or it could happen in ten years (personally, I'm leaning towards less than a year).

Actually I think we'll be able to see the ending coming when they start making another anime for it, lol. They did that with Hellsing and Fullmetal Alchemist, and maybe others. Probably with Death Note and Monster, too, although I really have no idea.
[hr]
You could probably get Gantz to give whatever the hell you want by threatening to piss in his ear or something. I wonder why no one has tried that.

BrazilianGantzer
April 17, 2009, 08:54 AM
You could probably get Gantz to give whatever the hell you want by threatening to piss in his ear or something. I wonder why no one has tried that.

HAHHAHA! I actually think that might work! :p Maybe not get whatever you want; but a shitload more of information...

This actually made me wonder how Nishi learned so many "Key-words" to ask Gantz...if it wasn't for him, for example, I doubt they would have asked Gantz to show everyone who died there...

Revilenigma
April 17, 2009, 09:03 AM
He probably learned them from other players online, Someone one day must have brought a dictionary into the gantz room and just tried every word to see what he/she got.

roxas_strife2
April 22, 2009, 06:11 PM
What is it you think inspired the technology? And what are your opinions on it in general? I'm interested to see what everyone thinks. Maybe we'll understand more if we contribute all our thoughts on the Gantz tech as it is what makes Gantz the great science fiction series it is. I'm eager to know. ^ ^

BrazilianGantzer
April 23, 2009, 07:58 AM
I'd say the idea of forcing people to play a "game" where they're forced to fight for their survival comes from "human experiment" type horror films like "The Cube" or the "Saw" series.

The weapons...hmm:darn I'd say they come from the idea of futuristic energy weapons. Although I have no thoughts as to where the time lag idea came from.

kaliayev
April 23, 2009, 12:24 PM
Don't compare Cube and Saw; doing so is disrespectful.

roxas_strife2
April 23, 2009, 03:55 PM
I'd say the idea of forcing people to play a "game" where they're forced to fight for their survival comes from "human experiment" type horror films like "The Cube" or the "Saw" series.

The weapons...hmm:darn I'd say they come from the idea of futuristic energy weapons. Although I have no thoughts as to where the time lag idea came from.

I don't really think of it as an experiment. I mean, it wouldn't have such set rules if it didn't have any idea what to expect from it's participants. I think Gantz has a great psychological setup for getting people involved.

The only confirmed energy weapon is the X-Gun/Rifle, although the H-Gun may be also. The X-Gun compresses energy, but there's still a lot they could explain about this. I think it compresses the energy on the target instead of firing it from the gun itself to ensure it will hit the target without fail, which also explains why it doesn't have to be directed at the target to hit it, and why there isn't anything that prevents it from hitting its mark. The way I figure it is that it takes five seconds for it to generate the compressed energy on the target. Unfortunately, none of the descriptions I have seen detailed what type of energy it uses, and I can't think of any with qualities like that in particular.

BrazilianGantzer
April 24, 2009, 08:27 AM
Don't compare Cube and Saw; doing so is disrespectful.

What do you mean, dude? I think they're both terrible films, but they have the same basic idea: some sicko doing experiments on humans to see how far they will go.

And I'm not comparing them. I'm just saying that they're both horror films about experiments on people.

@roxas_strife2: I don't look at Gantz as being an experiment either: I just think that the reactions of the participants can be seen as similar.

roxas_strife2
April 24, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'm not willing to backtrack through this thread to see if this has already been posted, but I just want to point out some trends among the Gantz guns. Other than the Y-Gun, the X-Gun/Rifle and H-Gun have limitless ammo because they use energy itself. They all three have a lock-on system for guided shots. The bigger guns(X-Rifle, H-Gun) have scopes. There may also be an adjustable potency level for the H-Gun like there is for the X-Gun as well.

I point out these trends because this may help us foresee what kind of weapons we may see in the future if we see them at all. Has anybody else on here tried to conceive their own Gantz equipment idea or am I alone in that? xD

I really want to see those three 2nd option weapons that we didn't get to see in the Osaka mission, and another other equipment for that matter. I wonder if there is a limit to how many times can pick the 2nd option and get something new, or if they reach that limit they get something special. I would think they would be more rewarded for their continued involvement in Gantz despite their several chances to leave, but that's all just conjecture.

Kozar927
April 24, 2009, 07:12 PM
Yah I tink about that shit too. I think the biggest mystery for me would be how you get better weapons. like do you need to bank your points and then pick option 2 or do you just keep picking option 2 getting diff weapons each time. I think Oku dosent even no yet =P (Tho he may have a plan Idk) Even if he dosent Im sure hill come up w something good. I have a feeling he pulls have of the story out of his ass but it still is amazing. The man craps gold lol

I think he may not even know what he will wright over 5 chapters ahaead although I may be wrong lol

GAT-X252
April 25, 2009, 07:01 AM
I guess the trick is choosing option 2 always...and if you die you begin from 0 again, no matter how many weapons you had before you died (in case the same thing that happened with kurono2 and his h gun can happen to anyone).

xInCasinoOutx
May 26, 2009, 11:47 PM
Think about how the gun works.
It has an X-ray feature built in.
Now X-rays are known to emit high amounts of radiation.

So, wouldn't the person using the gun be putting themselves at risk by examining their targets?
Each pull of the first trigger would unleashed a good bit of radiation onto themselves and the area around them (presumably).

Of course, we high probably never have this explained or even implemented into the manga, it is an interesting point I think. :tem

Mr.Aaron
May 27, 2009, 12:39 AM
Wouldn't it not matter since Gantz heals them during the transfer?

Ayle
May 27, 2009, 12:55 AM
Think about how the gun works.
It has an X-ray feature built in.
Now X-rays are known to emit high amounts of radiation.

So, wouldn't the person using the gun be putting themselves at risk by examining their targets?
Each pull of the first trigger would unleashed a good bit of radiation onto themselves and the area around them (presumably).

Of course, we high probably never have this explained or even implemented into the manga, it is an interesting point I think. :tem

That hing doesn't use x-rays because to scan something with xrays you need something on the other side to catch the rays as they go through you. So the scanner gun must probably use some kind of technology that is harmful to the target.

georgemarvin
May 27, 2009, 01:02 AM
Well, we don't know if the guns' power source is radioactive, but a normal X-ray machine is directional, and only dangerous if you're in the path of the beam, unless it is defective. In other words, if you're looking at the screen, you're fine. But if you're the one getting X-rayed, or if you're standing in the path of the beam, you get a little exposure. I'm going to assume that Gantz doesn't really care about maintaining the future health of any aliens that escape, so he probably doesn't have any reason to minimize the amount of exposure they receive. Depending on just how much X-ray radiation that the guns emit, it may be possible to kill somebody just by repeatedly pointing the gun at them and pushing the X-ray button, over and over. But you would need a target who was willing to stand still, very close to the gun, for that length of time.

And the truth is that it takes about 300 rads over a very short period of time to actually kill anybody, but X-ray techs are required by law to keep their exposure below 5 rems per year. (for X-rays, rads and rems are equivalent. But they are NOT equivalent for other forms of radiation.) There's a LOT of leeway in there; better safe than sorry. Even though the permitted dosage is so low in comparison with the amount required to actually kill you, it's rare for anybody to receive even that much radiation in the average medical setting.

If a Gantzer was pregnant, though, it's a different matter; in early pregnancy, as little as 0.5 rads can cause birth defects or miscarriage.

BrazilianGantzer
May 27, 2009, 09:49 AM
Wow, that little? I knew it was a little ammount of radiation, but 0.5 rads? That's kinda creepy.

Dominykas
November 24, 2009, 02:27 PM
Is extanding sword a weapon for 100 pionts or not ? Izumi got one when he comes back to gantz . Kei have one on th Oni mission and kills shape shifting alien ,but he dont had 100 pionts. Maybe Oku made a mistake by Oni mission ?

Katastrophe
November 24, 2009, 02:43 PM
Is extanding sword a weapon for 100 pionts or not ? Izumi got one when he comes back to gantz . Kei have one on th Oni mission and kills shape shifting alien ,but he dont had 100 pionts. Maybe Oku made a mistake by Oni mission ?
They are in the same room the vehicles are,nobody knew that until Izumi went in.

Damura
November 28, 2009, 03:20 AM
Lol how the hell do you know that george? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about seemingly random things.

Panda
November 30, 2009, 08:48 AM
Im wondering if Sebastian's ability is a Gantz reward.. :\

Katastrophe
November 30, 2009, 10:05 AM
Im wondering if Sebastian's ability is a Gantz reward.. :\
And i'm wondering where is the giant mecha Oka had is stored and from where Izumi got his guns,because this things look like medium-sized plotholes.

Dominykas
November 30, 2009, 05:44 PM
In gantz minus is mentioned that izumi was driving yakudza car. Maybe he buy the guns from yakudza member. Maybe the mecha get deystroded like g-siut.

Katastrophe
December 01, 2009, 11:26 AM
In gantz minus is mentioned that izumi was driving yakudza car. Maybe he buy the guns from yakudza member. Maybe the mecha get deystroded like g-siut.
I thought that too but...

Izumi was never a yakuza (he was around 17 when he died), the reason why he was driving a yakuza car before he died was because he felt it would be exciting, he used to drive cars from an especific parking lot and that time the car belonged to a yakuza.
And what you mean "the mecha get deystroded"?

Mushashi
December 11, 2009, 02:08 AM
the gun get destroyed, and stops working like how the gantz suits do..

BrazilianGantzer
December 11, 2009, 10:51 AM
I know this may have been brought up before but what do you guys think would have happened if Oka had survived the Nuri mission in terms of equipment? He lost his mecha, his flying bike and his G-suit. He probably would get them back in a way similar to that of Gantz suits being normal again.

And while we're on the subject, where the hell does he keep that giant mecha of his?! Most likely it spawns during the hunts only. IMO it's not as good as is seems. It's big, bulky and simply not effective against smaller enemies.

GAT-X252
December 11, 2009, 11:33 AM
I think a small portion of the robot it is inside (the cabin maybe?) in one of the rooms.

Before the missions starts he connects his cables to the "cabin" and when he is transfered to the battlezone he appears on top of the mecha.

If that were the case, then all the robot users in the world are unable to use their robots in the catastrophe due to that problem...makes you think if there is going to be a transfer or not.

Mushashi
December 11, 2009, 06:27 PM
i also thought it was in the cabin, i think thats likely whats going to be.

Katastrophe
December 11, 2009, 08:53 PM
Before the missions starts he connects his cables to the "cabin" and when he is transfered to the battlezone he appears on top of the mecha.

If that were the case, then all the robot users in the world are unable to use their robots in the catastrophe due to that problem...makes you think if there is going to be a transfer or not.
Never thought of that before.
But the giant mecha would be kinda useless in the Katastrophe,even using stealth it would be hard not to notice one,so unless the mecha and it's exposed users are immune to damage they would get killed pretty fast.

BrazilianGantzer
December 14, 2009, 08:47 AM
In addition to what Katastrophe said, Oka's mecha was brought down by a monster that Oka managed to kill only with his G-suit. I mean, that minotaur thing was biiiig, but I'm sure it was just like the Giant Buddha alien: huge but nowhere near being worth 100 points.

I don't think the mecha's would stand much of a chance against the hammerheads.

Xenos3421
December 14, 2009, 06:58 PM
well i don't even think Oka was using the mech right.

He kinda just ran through equipment like you go through cars in GTA. For Gantz that mech was grossly underpowered- no main weapons, nothin shown at least, just "brute" strength.

Who knows, it could've been his first time with it and he was playing around. That does seam to be in with his character.

I mean, the whole time Oka was around it really just felt like Oku was showing off all the cool toys that's going to make katastrophy beatable- and come on- If those crummy hammerheads get anti-skyscraper guns the gantz mech should have some crazy gravity laser.

Like Killy's gun.

OOOO shit. That's what gantz needs!! graviton particle emitters for everybody!

BlackSwimmer
February 04, 2010, 03:32 AM
Here's another explanation for the swords. They are standard issue. The rewards are successive. The H-gun is always the first reward. Come on, what are the odds that Nishi stumbled upon a second H-gun? What are the odds that nearly everyone has a H-gun in Italy?
damura knows everything
swords and cloaking are standard issue, we didnt see them early because everyone was a noob and nishi prefers ranged over melee. the first guy who used the sword came in with 0 points because he had been there before and knew about it

mecphistor
May 15, 2010, 11:39 AM
They are in the same room the vehicles are,nobody knew that until Izumi went in.

Ya, Izumi got the feel that the door can be open up. Because, Akari and the other guy opened the door before in Gantz minus, and Izumi was involved in that mission too.

Damura
May 15, 2010, 10:02 PM
I think a small portion of the robot it is inside (the cabin maybe?) in one of the rooms.

It'd be a huge pain in the ass plugging in all those cables one by one before a mission...

We've just seen that the G-suit arms can be transferred onto a Gantzer. Perhaps some new options become available on the little map/frequency changer device thing, such as "transfer armor" or something. Might be the same kind of thing for the mech, although wasn't the flying bike necessary to use it?

ownage404
May 28, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well I think it's visible now that the super suit is just an advancement of the normal gantz suit. Look at the part when that Zaibaitsu big wig guy started to fight that giant alien, the super suit just developed over his normal suit. The mecha, well it could be possible that it's stored in that room using the same tech the Giants have(air space compression).

Damura
May 29, 2011, 10:55 PM
^
If it was in the room you'd see it. Possible that it's 'compressed' somewhere else though. I assumed Oka would have to be sent to another room to be seated in it or he'd transfer straight into it at whatever location the fight is at.

TheAwesomeOne
June 08, 2011, 04:11 PM
^
If it was in the room you'd see it. Possible that it's 'compressed' somewhere else though. I assumed Oka would have to be sent to another room to be seated in it or he'd transfer straight into it at whatever location the fight is at. Capsule Corp technology? xD Just click and pop convenient Gantz Uber Mech.

Damura
June 10, 2011, 06:36 AM
^

Just click and RUN or the mech will crush your body.