PDA

View Full Version : Bride of The Water God by Yoon Mi Kyung

Pages : 1 [2] 3

lireah
June 08, 2009, 02:16 PM
lol, i know what you mean. the only reason that I remember is because reread it so much because of the art and intensity. I don't find a lot that i like.

eni
June 08, 2009, 02:37 PM
ah thanks... well I kinda forget if Soah already knew that Habaek=Mui? man I really have to reread this. I don't remember a thing... -_-;
I started to re-read it so often that I've put it on hold a few month ago. This isn't a series I can read with any gaps inbetween. I need to read it in one go :p

Mfivel
June 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
yay thanks so much for the new chapter

Tsukisama
June 10, 2009, 02:28 PM
I am going to re-post this one more since some may not have seen it two pages earlier.

Please use the "thanks" button to express gratitude over the content of a particular post. Reserve posting comments for actual expressions of opinion; for example, you could comment on the content of the chapters you enjoyed, thus generating a discussion on a topic. Posts simply containing gratitude is spam, and spam, even spam with good intentions, will be deleted.

As majority of the users who have done so are new users or users who just have extremely low post counts, your posts above this post will be allowed to remain, but this practice will not be so in the future.

Subsequent posts like this may be expected to be deleted.

There is a reason for this rule. Posts that just express for release of chapter do not generate discussion, and this is a discussion thread. While intentions may admirable, such posts are truly spam and result in clutter of the thread. That is the reason why the 'thanks' button is available, so that your appreciation can still be expressed without taking up so much unnecessary space in the threads.

Posts that actually discuss what you think about a chapter offer something with which a discussion can be generated. You would be able to discuss topics of your interest, learn others' opinions, and perhaps show someone else a point of view that he/she had not before considered.

So, to delineate this further, please use the 'thanks' button to thank posts, such as posts with new releases if that is all you want to express.

10years
June 21, 2009, 10:59 AM
Is the release going to be every month now and not every 2 weeks anymore?
Just wondering... ;) :)

NotTekk
June 23, 2009, 07:52 PM
...? Wink is still issued twice a month. This series is in most of the weeks but authors take breaks every now and then. That has not changed.

chiresakura
June 23, 2009, 09:15 PM
Do you mean the scanlations or the chapters in Wink?

Anyway, I'm still hoping to release a chapter every two weeks so I at least keep pace with Wink. We'll see if life agrees with this endeavor...

A lot of questions are answered in this chapter...

Chapter 60 Direct Download (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch60.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/337/60)

PS - I've completely lost track of time. Does anyone know when we should be expecting Volume 9? There's only one more chapter in Volume 8.

NotTekk
June 23, 2009, 10:17 PM
Came out a week ago. http://www.aladdin.co.kr/shop/wproduct.aspx?isbn=8926306992

Okay, this is the last of me. Bye bye

chiresakura
June 23, 2009, 10:19 PM
Ahhhhh I was just thinking that I might be able to finish Volume 8 before Volume 9 came out!! Silly me ._.

Thanks, Teqq ^^

lireah
June 23, 2009, 10:51 PM
hummm..just logged in since the last time i posted..have no idea what was/is going on, though i'm curious (just getting this out since i didn't want to read 8 pages of comments)

anyway, that was an interesting chapter! i don't know whether Soah would take up the challenge. what do you think? i'm indecisive because after all she might feel a bit to repay him for all of the times he helped her and for her love him, but on the down side, she might still be upset of about the whole habaek/cousin thing. she might prefer hooye over habaek at this point. also, she may be tired of the entire mess. i'm kind of leaning towards she will accept for her own pride, love, and goal. afterall, she did go out of her way to see habaek.

i seriously agree with what hooye is saying about used and abused (or the other way around since they died first then were used). i'm really glad that hooye is actually aware of the situation and i'm pretty sure that he'll be doing something to possibly stop nabkin.

nabkin is as always, a witch. some mentioned earlier that she is jealous and insecure in her relationship with habaek. the emperor is obviously playing on the insecurity (at least to me).

in this chapter, i have to say wow...Soah was so polite. of course, we didn't see her in formal occasions because most of those were skimmed or didn't occur like the wedding ceremony with her friend. i still doubt she lost her memories.

the real witch now...i can't say that i hate her because to me it seems that she even though she loved habaek, she wants happiness for her friends. she stated that she didn't want all of his memories forgotten. also, if she didn't want them to be happy, she could have broken them up a long time ago (like kill soah).

wow, this is a really long post. thanks again for the chapter!!! i love your scanlations as usual. keeping the art and making everything perfect (cleaning, editing, and translating) is an art in itself. thank you so much!

shuyiin
June 24, 2009, 12:16 AM
thanks for the chapter!

Halvir
June 24, 2009, 01:02 AM
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

kazekage13
June 24, 2009, 01:21 AM
wow soah...not to say she was wimpy or anything before, but that comment at the end was definitely "in your face" kind of, especially considering the look pseudo nakbin had on her face. go soah!
thanks for the chapter!

fiRe05
June 24, 2009, 04:32 AM
Thanks for chapter 60 Chire!!

br4nd0nh347
June 24, 2009, 12:58 PM
thanks for the chapter!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

Thanks for chapter 60 Chire!!

LOL maybe you guys should check this post
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1394737&postcount=254

hummm..just logged in since the last time i posted..have no idea what was/is going on, though i'm curious (just getting this out since i didn't want to read 8 pages of comments)

anyway, that was an interesting chapter! i don't know whether Soah would take up the challenge. what do you think? i'm indecisive because after all she might feel a bit to repay him for all of the times he helped her and for her love him, but on the down side, she might still be upset of about the whole habaek/cousin thing. she might prefer hooye over habaek at this point. also, she may be tired of the entire mess. i'm kind of leaning towards she will accept for her own pride, love, and goal. afterall, she did go out of her way to see habaek.

i seriously agree with what hooye is saying about used and abused (or the other way around since they died first then were used). i'm really glad that hooye is actually aware of the situation and i'm pretty sure that he'll be doing something to possibly stop nabkin.

nabkin is as always, a witch. some mentioned earlier that she is jealous and insecure in her relationship with habaek. the emperor is obviously playing on the insecurity (at least to me).

in this chapter, i have to say wow...Soah was so polite. of course, we didn't see her in formal occasions because most of those were skimmed or didn't occur like the wedding ceremony with her friend. i still doubt she lost her memories.

the real witch now...i can't say that i hate her because to me it seems that she even though she loved habaek, she wants happiness for her friends. she stated that she didn't want all of his memories forgotten. also, if she didn't want them to be happy, she could have broken them up a long time ago (like kill soah).

wow, this is a really long post. thanks again for the chapter!!! i love your scanlations as usual. keeping the art and making everything perfect (cleaning, editing, and translating) is an art in itself. thank you so much!

I'm kind of unsure what you mean, but this is how I see it. Soah was faking all of this. That ending page is her owning Nakbin.:blink:blink
She's trying to get him Moe/Habaek back by making him fall in love with her again. And the emperor is helping her??

I'm a little unsure about that, but I'm pretty sure that Soah said that last page, which means she is challenging Nakbin's statement on the page before. With that said, this is awesome!!

lireah
June 24, 2009, 03:09 PM
hum...had to go back and see the last page. for some reason, i thought that nabkin said it. now it seems logical that soah would say it (which i think is a bit contradictory because before she never really did anything to stand up for what she believed). i don't think soah is even trying to fake. she doesn't say anything about forgetting and what would she be faking? i don't think that she is doing her own nakbin because soah isn't doing anything devious. she said up front what she wants. i think that during her time alone, soah probably straightened out all of her thoughts and decided she wanted habaek no matter what, which is why she is so confident now and why she is acting the way she is because she is trying to adjust the emperor's plan to fit hers. meaning, while the emperor is trying to tease habaek by saying look what hooye is getting, she is saying look at me and who i am.

br4nd0nh347
June 24, 2009, 04:07 PM
hum...had to go back and see the last page. for some reason, i thought that nabkin said it. now it seems logical that soah would say it (which i think is a bit contradictory because before she never really did anything to stand up for what she believed). i don't think soah is even trying to fake. she doesn't say anything about forgetting and what would she be faking? i don't think that she is doing her own nakbin because soah isn't doing anything devious. she said up front what she wants. i think that during her time alone, soah probably straightened out all of her thoughts and decided she wanted habaek no matter what, which is why she is so confident now and why she is acting the way she is because she is trying to adjust the emperor's plan to fit hers. meaning, while the emperor is trying to tease habaek by saying look what hooye is getting, she is saying look at me and who i am.

I was thinking that the emperor was actually helping her because he insisted on the dance, which could've been Soah's idea.................., or not. Can't wait to see what happens.

Watari-san
June 25, 2009, 03:15 AM
Thank you for chapter!

10years
June 25, 2009, 11:56 PM
I was asking about the scanlation :p :amuse

Thank you so much for the scanlation release :darn :tem

I don't know anything else about this series, except for the fact that it is still on-going and it seems to be the author's first manhwa

I don't really read manhwa, this is the 3rd manhwa that I ever read and also the 2nd that I'm actually following (keep on reading and trying to find out what happen), I read mostly manga (tons of if, currently reading about 16 different manga, LOL :D)

baboysai
July 03, 2009, 02:44 AM
Hello and welcome to the new guys here at MH, especially in the Shoujo-Josei parts of the forum. ^^

I would like to reiterate br4nd0nh347's post regarding all your thanks posts. For any posts that just contain thank you or similar expressions of gratitude, you can save yourself the time by just a click of a button on the bottom part of the post made by the person you wish to thank.

This way, the convos and discussions, if there are any, can remain flowing and not broken by the thank you posts. ^^

lireah
July 06, 2009, 08:11 PM
i really don't think that people will be paying attention to the "no thank you" posts because some of the first timers won't read the rules and i don't think some of them know how to use the thank you button.

Anyway, i guess that most of us doesn't really read manhwa's because they aren't as common as mangas. it would probably take something drastically attention getting that would have gotten some of us started on manwha's, which in my case was this manhwa. i wonder how many books this will go...hopefully not too long.

so what do people think about the emperor now?

sleepycat
July 11, 2009, 07:37 PM
omg. Volume 9 is intense. I love it! Its kinda ironic tho' that vol 8 and vol 9 ending is kinda similar tho different scenario. How bizarre is that.

ketorin
July 13, 2009, 11:37 PM
This series is really awesome, though I have been getting confused with the latest chapters. Well i guess that means I need to re-read the series hehheh

shinobi
July 14, 2009, 05:50 AM
so what do people think about the emperor now?

I don't know what to think about him, he's playing weird games, first I thought he was trying to separate soah and heibak, but now it seems that he's using soah to tease both habak(can't remember the spelling, lolz!!) and nakbin, I wonder what he'll do next...

lireah
July 14, 2009, 10:05 AM
@sleepycat: can you name some of the similarities? for some reason, I have a mind block of what the previous book was.

@shinobi: Do you think he is playing games? or is he serious?

chiresakura
July 15, 2009, 09:51 PM
Chapter 61 is in the works, but looking ahead I need a translator for Volume 9. Please send me a PM if you're fluent in Korean and would like to give it a try. No deadlines, no pressure ;)

ruu
July 16, 2009, 06:19 PM
:)whoa speedy.
=D Good luck on ch 61 +!
i finally got my hands on vol 3 of BOTWG in [ENG]!!
woot woot
support~ support~ support~

lireah
July 16, 2009, 08:41 PM
yes, good luck!!! i bought botwg 1-3 a couple weeks ago. beautiful! sorry, i don't know any korean.

shinobi
July 19, 2009, 05:53 AM
@shinobi: Do you think he is playing games? or is he serious?

I think he's serious about achieving certain things, he has a plan he's not acting randomly, though he has a weird attitude and playful ways in manipulating people...

chiresakura
July 31, 2009, 06:58 PM
At long last, this is the final chapter of Volume 8. As you can see by the delay between chapters, I don't have nearly enough free time anymore, so I'm looking for one or two dedicated souls who would like to help with cleaning and typesetting. This is a fairly easy series, and we usually get extremely high quality raws, so the hardest part will be learning your way around Photoshop. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

And now onto the juicy juicy chapter. Can the plot get any thicker?

Chapter 61 Direct Download (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch61.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/337/61)

Also, I love getting feedback from readers. It really does make a scanlator's day ^_^ But please use the THANKS button here so that we don't spam the thread ;)

shuyiin
August 01, 2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks as always for the new chapter :]

silverhand31
August 01, 2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the rls

beta
August 01, 2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you! new chapter!

Hi girls, please remember to use the thanks button ok at the bottom left of chire's post. ^^

ruu
August 01, 2009, 10:48 AM
omg this chapter tells so MUCH!

Does that mean Habeak was just faking?!! I really can't wait for the next chapter.
Thanks.

shinobi
August 01, 2009, 11:41 AM
this is unexpected...

this means that Habeak was acting all the way?! :facepalm was he trying to trick the emperor and the women disguised as Nakbin? he must know for sure that she's only a fake Nakbin then... but he was very cruel to Soah all this time :notrust

cereus_lily
August 05, 2009, 05:33 PM
I don't understand. If Habaek loves Soah, why would he dream about Nakbin when his mom poisoned him with the drug?

lireah
August 05, 2009, 08:38 PM
I think that it was just a reminder of the past and what had happened. As I recall, Nakbin had attempted to kill Habaek and Nakbin later died that same night.

He was cruel! I think that he was doing that to keep Soah from the emperor. But, he does also have a hard time expressing his feelings, so he probably thought that being mean would keep her away.

My main concern now is that one scene in one of the earliest books where it shows Soah with blood on her dress and hands and Habaek bleeding from the eyes and talks about the future and how they were happy in the past, which was now in that book. I really hope that it wasn't Soah who did it and that she found him that way...but who knows

cereus_lily
August 05, 2009, 11:40 PM
I hope not too. I would be devastated if Mui and Soah are not ending up together and especially they might have to kill each other because of the Emperor.

But, isn't the drug make Habaek express who he "yearn" the most?

lireah
August 06, 2009, 10:43 AM
Ah, had to dig through all the chapters to find the one your talking about. It didn't say who he yearned the most for. It was to "reveal his deepest secrets that [he] didn't know." So, it could be that he had loved Nabkin or still loves her. It could also be that he realized that she tried to kill him. (Chapter 18).

I'm worried again by what the Emperor said in that chapter or a chapter near that...about Habaek and Soah will never be happy together.

baboysai
August 06, 2009, 01:07 PM
wow. did Mui know all this time that the emperor was planning something, and in order to save Soah, he played along with the act all along?

cereus_lily
August 06, 2009, 01:37 PM
Mui knows that the Emperor want Soah so he tried to protect her by keeping her away from the Emperor. Remember that he sent her back? And I think his excuse giving to the Emperor is that he made a bet. Also, he said that she is nobody, but obviously she is someone to him.

10years
August 07, 2009, 10:45 AM
Ok...

So first of all, thank you so much to chiresakura for the new release....

and second....
OMG!!!! That chapter 61 makes me wanna scream!!!!
What is going on? I just simply can't wait for the next chapter (62)....

Did Soah actually fall or did she not? She looks wet at the end, but if she fell, doesn't that mean she is in the other side of the pond by now? And also, was Mura the one who pushed Soah, or was Mura just happened to be there?

@lireah & qutiemimi: the scene where both Soah and Mui covered in blood was the end of chapter 58, but I don't think that scene is necessarily mean a scene from the future, I think it was just Soah's imagination after what Mura/the Emperor told Soah.... I don't really get that part, which 1 told Soah about Habaek made a promise before Nakbin died? Was it Mura or the Emperor?

Oh my God.... I'm so looking forward for the next chapter.... XD I can't wait!

baboysai
August 07, 2009, 01:07 PM
But Mui saved Soah right? So she couldn't have been trapped there... unless I got it totally wrong :s

cereus_lily
August 07, 2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah. Mui saved her. Mura pushed Soah out of jealousy.

lireah
August 07, 2009, 07:38 PM
are you sure it's out of jealousy? i kind of think that she pushed because she knows that Habaek was going to get her and to make Soah see that Habaek still remembers. Maybe Habaek asked Mura to let them have some time alone.

cereus_lily
August 07, 2009, 10:56 PM
I think so.
1. Because Mura have waited for Mui so long. And this human girl, Soah, just comes out of nowhere and get Habaek's attention.
2. Mura lost to Nakbin and now Soah. She definitely not having good intention.
3. She told the Emperor who will be Habaek's bride, which is Nakbin, because she is jealous that Habaek didn't take her as bride. Jealous is a continuous thing for Mura.

If you read the raw of vol 9, you see how Habaek treats Mura.

baboysai
August 08, 2009, 04:57 AM
hmm... however, Mura seems to like Soah better than Nakbin :p Coz at least with Soah she thought she had a chance to compete. But Nakbin she was way out of her league.

cereus_lily
August 08, 2009, 10:39 AM
I just thought of this. If Mura wants to help Habaek and Soah, then why she told SOah not to trust Mui at the beginning.

I think Mura take advantages of SOah since SOah is very unfamiliar with her surrounding. She don't know the personalities of anyone. She don't know who she can trust therefore, Mura is the one she goes to since Mura gave Soah advices a lot.

baboysai
August 08, 2009, 11:09 AM
well of course she wouldn't want soah at all in the beginning because she never knew what soah was like, or how Mui acted around her. her realization that she could take Soah on at least came way after, when they spent more time together.

lireah
August 09, 2009, 09:37 AM
@10years: I had forgotten that scene, but I was talking about the one in chapter 5 where it states "up until now, no one had known about it." It connects to chapter 58, and that it does happen in the future. I don't exactly know what promise you are talking about...actually I think I do, but I really don't want to dig through all the chapters since I have no idea where in the plot line it is near.

If Habaek was angry at Mura, it's possible because he's mad that she pushed soah in. As for Soah and Mura, they get along better than Mura and Nabkin, so even if Mura still likes Habaek and is jealous of Soah, she can still act. Like baboysai said. If she really wanted Soah out of the picture, she would have given Nabkin the drugs she requested to make sure Habaek forgot about Soah.

JingJing
August 09, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hello, I'm new here. I was browsing through the thread and noticed no one posted a link to VOL 9 RAW of Bride of the Water God. I found this link on some nice person's live-journal and I hope she won't mind me sharing it with everyone else. The scans are okay themselves but the bindings are still attached so the middle of the pictures are kind of blurry. http://www.mediafire.com/?wmbe5cktqjj I'm sorry, I have not yet read the rules of this thread and if I'm not suppose to post a link without permission etc please feel free to remove this post.

chiresakura
August 13, 2009, 11:02 PM
Big BIG thanks to all the people who have stepped up to help out with this series. We have a phenomenal raw provider, a fantastic translator, and ruu, delightful101, and cereus_lily all contributing to this chapter.

Download Chapter 62 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch62.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/62)

As always, thanks and/or acknowledgment that anyone is even reading these releases are much appreciated, but please use the little button at the bottom right so we don't spam this thread ;)

br4nd0nh347
August 14, 2009, 09:45 AM
Big BIG thanks to all the people who have stepped up to help out with this series. We have a phenomenal raw provider, a fantastic translator, and ruu, delightful101, and cereus_lily all contributing to this chapter.

Download Chapter 62 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch62.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/62)

As always, thanks and/or acknowledgment that anyone is even reading these releases are much appreciated, but please use the little button at the bottom right so we don't spam this thread ;)

I hate Hooye.
Enough said.

Ok maybe that wasn't enough, but Hooye needs to give it up. Then again he could be doing all of this in order to get with Nakbin if she is really still alive. {Chapter 62} Regardless though I want everything back to "normal", I'm wondering how many chapters that are left in this manhwa

Emmita
August 14, 2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this new chapter.
I love TBOTWG :P

mii9977
August 15, 2009, 09:54 PM
I stopped reading this after the Evil Empire shut down ~ and have been slowly tracking down where the 3 titles I used to read are scanlated

this series is one of my favorites, in fact - it got me into reading manhwa (actually the whole genre in general) seriously 0 or at least following it regularly ;)

thanks for all your hard work! aja~

Nami
August 16, 2009, 10:00 AM
Ok maybe that wasn't enough, but Hooye needs to give it up. Then again he could be doing all of this in order to get with Nakbin if she is really still alive. {Chapter 62} Regardless though I want everything back to "normal", I'm wondering how many chapters that are left in this manhwa

I like this. Finally Soah has someone fighting with Mui over her!! :tem I'm just wondering whether does Hooye did like Soah, or was it an act of his part to get revenge to Mui. Poor soah, getting all involved in all these complicated affairs of the palace.

baboysai
August 17, 2009, 09:52 AM
or! what if Hooye's just also acting competitive, to 'awaken' Mui's feelings for Soah? Like, he's making his interest in Soah obvious so that Mui will get jealous and finally be possessive and vocal about his own feelings?

chiresakura
August 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm still looking for a handful of people interested in helping with this project. The raws only require basic rotating and cropping and speck removal, and the typeset is straightforward. Please send me a PM if you're interested!

Download Chapter 63 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch63.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/63)

Also, for those of you who like to be spoiled, here's a great site that has been posting summaries: http://comicseoul.wordpress.com/

lireah
August 29, 2009, 09:28 PM
oh my gosh, mui was soooooooo cute when he was little and his parents are such a beautiful couple!!! (i've been looking at a lot of really bad art recently...) wow, who is the guy with the ox mask? do all the highest gods have a mask? i forgot the current emperor's mask. what exactly is mui's parents position in all of the rankings? i would have thought they would be emperor and empress (the highest) and where is Mui's dad while all the tension is going on? can't wait to see what mui does!!!

shinobi
September 04, 2009, 02:59 PM
the story is getting more complicated, and new characters and old events pop-up all the time!!

I find it hilarious how Mui was treated and dressed up like a girl to protect him from evil spirits according to his mom!! he sure looked girly at that time...

chiresakura
September 08, 2009, 10:30 PM
Aaaaand here's another chap. In case you're wondering why we're putting out chapters at a normal pace again, it's because delightful101 and a handful of others have really stepped up to the plate to help. I'm still looking for a few more people interested in helping with this project. The raws only require basic rotating and cropping and speck removal, and the typeset is straightforward. Please send me a PM if you're interested!

Download Chapter 64 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch64.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/64)

Halvir
September 09, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thank you soooo much!
[hr]

Thank you soooo much! Its a masterpiece and your work gives me the only chance to understand it. Thank you!!

br4nd0nh347
September 10, 2009, 12:22 PM
I like this. Finally Soah has someone fighting with Mui over her!! :tem I'm just wondering whether does Hooye did like Soah, or was it an act of his part to get revenge to Mui. Poor soah, getting all involved in all these complicated affairs of the palace.

Well the only reason why I don't like all of this drama (drama in the manhwa), is because I feel like Soah and Mui (Habaek) never really had a chance to "catch their breath" or enjoy themselves. It's been one thing after another. I'm convinced (barely) that they should be together, however I'm not convinced that they should be totally convinced they love each other. Then there is Hooye who I think has just been thrown in there just for more drama. It doesn't seem like he really likes Soah, he's just been there to protect her. Then he says things like the real Nakbin being alive and stuff. I'll wait and see how things turn out.

twisty1
September 24, 2009, 12:25 AM
when does the next chapter(chapter 65) come out??

lireah
September 24, 2009, 07:12 AM
sheessh, who taught you manga manners? you never ask when the next release is coming out. they will release them in their own time. they are doing this for free, so unless you pay them for the releases, the time, and effort, they will only do this during their free time. they have lives.

goal
September 24, 2009, 08:32 AM
Yes we have to be considerate that we get great mangas to read and there is a lot of effort put into this by the scanners, translators and the whole editing team in itself.
And we should do what we can to show our appreciation.

But I dont think it is wrong for someone, who is a fan of the series and eagerly awaits the next release, to inquire when the next release is.
I dont think that lacked manners or was wrong in anyway.

lireah
September 24, 2009, 04:50 PM
either way, you never ask for the next release. even though i'm waiting for the release as well, it would better ask whether the scanlator is still scanning or ask whether there is something that is holding up the releases such as work. asking straight up is asking for a lag in releases most of the time because it sounds very inconsiderate to the scanlators, which is why i said manners. it's like asking a person on crutches to run as fast as a car and not even caring the person is on crutches.

chiresakura
September 25, 2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for being understanding about releases and how much time it takes to do a chapter. Because I love you all so much (or because our raw provider is out of control and edited a whole chapter on her own), here is a double release ^_^

Download Chapter 65 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch65.zip)
Download Chapter 66 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch66.zip)

If you would like to see this series released faster, I am looking for a few people willing to help with cleaning and typesetting. As I said before, this is a very easy series so no experience is necessary. PM me if interested ;)

EDIT: MangaToshokan is back up! Yay for uncompressed online viewing!!
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/series/brideofthewatergod)

icey
September 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
Thank you so much! I completely worship all those who work on this beautiful and creative manga!

apolfrend7yrytch
September 27, 2009, 01:39 AM
thank u <3 i luv d art n plot of this story~ :)

noebody
September 27, 2009, 05:39 PM
thank you for all the hard work!

DammitJanet
September 28, 2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the chapters :) I'm eager to read them as well!! I really enjoy the artistry by the mangaka (I forgot the word in korean! Sorry!), as well as her cute comments at the end in her panda form!

I do find, however, the storyline to be dragging a little and also a bit confusing- so I have to read it carefully to make sure I have it straight! Does anyone else feel the same? For example, when it switches from the past to the present- for me it's hard to tell, unless I see Mui with his short hair, of course! ;)

Noonesun
September 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
thank you for the chapters!! It's been hard to find where to download them.

barbka
October 01, 2009, 03:32 AM
Thank you for new chapters. I can't waith to see how it goes.
I hope Soah and Habaek end happy together :)

DammitJanet I have the same problem :) but it doesn't matter 'cause I like the story too much.

chiresakura
October 05, 2009, 09:57 PM
This is my 50th release of this series!

Download Chapter 67 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch67.zip)

Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/67)

Habaek really needs to work on his people skills :/

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say this was chapter 67 XD

shuyiin
October 05, 2009, 11:05 PM
happy 5oth release :]
great workas always

nycmango
October 05, 2009, 11:27 PM
I have the first 4 books published by dark horse and 5 on pre-order!~ But I am soooooooooo glad I get a look ahead because of great people like you who is still scanlating the most recent chapters<3 10Q!

chiresakura
October 15, 2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks to yomoko, PhyPhy, and cereus_lily for editing this chapter. I've been totally swamped lately ._.

Download Chapter 68 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch68.zip)

Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/68)

Alissa
October 16, 2009, 05:38 AM
Thanks to all of you who made this release!!

shinobixi
October 16, 2009, 08:20 AM
thanks for the release! (:

chiresakura
October 20, 2009, 10:48 PM
And here's the last chapter in Volume 9. Hopefully the next volume will be out soon.

Download Chapter 69 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol09_Ch69.zip)

Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/69)

You can tell this isn't a shounen XD

blue-y
October 21, 2009, 10:05 AM
Bride of the water god rocks!

MUI X SOAH forever!!!

and MUI IS SO HOTTT!!!! (his parents too!)

thanks, chire and group for the scanlations!! :D

edamame
October 21, 2009, 04:38 PM
i wish he'd just make up his stupid mind already. nakbin's so SCARY.

cereus_lily
November 12, 2009, 06:13 PM
BoWG volume 10 is out...

http://www.aladdin.co.kr/shop/wproduct.aspx?isbn=8926308227

But i don't know what it said. =(

Nami
November 13, 2009, 08:35 AM
Oh, and I thought it's the raws, but this cover looks great!! The info is just those normal book details, order details etc. same as an Amazon website. There's no gist storyline given though.

If I can get my hands on the raws, any volunteers? Just drooling at the bishies is enough to make my day.

10years
November 15, 2009, 10:26 AM
OMG! The cover picture looks amazingly breath-taking! lol....
Wish I could zoom in and take a much closer look.... <3
Nonetheless, thank you so much for posting the link! ;)

I wonder on when the next chapter will be released by chiresakura... :)
I'm happily and eagerly waiting! ^^ Thank you so much for all the hard work and please keep them up! =D

chiresakura
November 15, 2009, 07:57 PM
I'll probably regret saying anything with the holidays coming up, but we're expecting to have raws by next weekend. To be conservative since I don't know our translator's schedule, chapter 70 might be out a couple weeks after that.

No promises, though!

10years
November 17, 2009, 06:03 AM
@chiresakura: it's okay! XD no matter what, thank you so and very much already for everything! You just don't know how much happiness you and your group have bring to me X) I'm so happy almost everytime I get to read a new chapter of Bride of the Water God, I said "almost everytime" because in the other times I get kinda sad when the chapter is also telling sad stories.... ;) anyway, good luck and all the best for everything!!!! XD X) I'm waiting happily! ^^

trickster
December 11, 2009, 01:33 AM
Are chapters 40-44 available for download anywhere?

chiresakura
December 19, 2009, 06:29 PM
It took longer than expected (my fault mostly), but hopefully we'll keep the momentum going!

Download Chapter 70 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol10_Ch70.zip)

Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/70)

You can read previous chapters at MangaToshokan or you can download from MangaTraders.

koala1976
December 20, 2009, 07:36 AM
This manhwa is onw od the best i have read... beautiful, original... thanks for the hard work-

chiresakura
January 01, 2010, 12:30 PM
Happy New Year! Mui's dad is a hoot XD

Download Chapter 71 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol10_Ch71.zip)

Read Chapter 71 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/71)

Download Chapter 72 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol10_Ch72.zip)

Read Chapter 72 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/72)

^Lee^
January 01, 2010, 03:01 PM
BoWG releases are a great way to begin the new year! Thank you so much! And best wishes to everyone for a wonderful 2010!

takx
January 01, 2010, 04:09 PM
@chiresakura: Thank you so much for the releases! I've been wanting to know what happens next *-*

I wish everyone and yourself a Happy New Year! Keep up the great work!

-edit-

OMG! Mui's father is indeed a hoot! I love him! XD <33

Aniya
January 01, 2010, 05:06 PM
Happy New Year! And thank you soooooooooooo much for the hard work!!!

10years
January 02, 2010, 03:06 AM
Happy new year 2010 everyone! & thank you so much chiresakura! ^^ & also thank you so much to everyone who works on Bride of the Water God!

now, that reminds me.... there hasn't been any celebration what so ever in the story, right? Like someone's birthday or new year, etc.... Wait, there is... chapter 63, Mui's parents' celebration, and also the 1st chapter, when the humans were sending Soah out to be the bride of Habaek....

hmm.... I'm looking forward to a much more peaceful situation than the current one & when that time comes, there should be Soah's birthday celebration or something & Habaek makes a surprise for her, perhaps.... that would probably be lots of romance & fan-service though.... which seems almost impossible with this manhwa...

Elleian
January 10, 2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the scanlation! can't wait for the future releases.

chiresakura
January 24, 2010, 04:58 PM
Here's Chapter 73!

Direct Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3menflyzmd4

Read Chapter 73 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/73)

chiresakura
February 07, 2010, 10:02 AM
Finally catching up on the releases - yomoko and PhyPhy have been busy!

Direct Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?5jwynmh0ryj

Read Chapter 74 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/74)
[hr]
Sorry for the triple post >_>;

Though I'm pretty sure a few posts in between the first two have been deleted XD

Download Chapter 75 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol10_Ch75.zip)

Read Chapter 75 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/75)

Alissa
February 08, 2010, 04:31 AM
THANK YOU! you and your staff are the best!

etineski
February 08, 2010, 07:58 AM
woahhh thanks very much for the releases u make every once and while.. u make it for us.. cheers for the bride of the water GOD ch75.. muah!

chiresakura
February 08, 2010, 11:30 PM
Nothing like catching up on some cleaning and QC when you're up to your eyeballs in snow...

This was a short chap...

Download Chapter 76 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol10_Ch76.zip)

Read Chapter 76 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/76)

shinobixi
February 09, 2010, 10:34 AM
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE RELEASE! (:

takx
February 09, 2010, 02:49 PM
OMG! It's getting really good! *q* <33

Thank you so much for the latest release!! Keep it the good work up! <3

kstar
February 09, 2010, 03:53 PM
thank you chiresakura. Its been a couple years since I've read Water God so I had to start from chapter 1. Which was so awesome and now you're still continuing it! Thank you so much for your effort. I really do appreciate it. I really love this manhwa. It makes me want to come back to the anime/manga scene. LOL

I just wanted to take the time to tell you how thankful I am for your time and effort.

ticirahawk
February 12, 2010, 12:28 AM
Things are certainly getting more interesting!!! So, who's willing to toss back and forth some theories with me?

So, anyone have any ideas on how the curse may be lifted? Considering how some manhwa's and K-dramas have a tendency for tragedy, i have a funny suspicion that it may end with Soah's death.... or what if she really IS Nakbin reincarnated self? This whole series tends to wreak havoc with my heart so i'm always so anxious in every chapter release!

rain_tears0123
February 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
Things are certainly getting more interesting!!! So, who's willing to toss back and forth some theories with me?

So, anyone have any ideas on how the curse may be lifted? Considering how some manhwa's and K-dramas have a tendency for tragedy, i have a funny suspicion that it may end with Soah's death.... or what if she really IS Nakbin reincarnated self? This whole series tends to wreak havoc with my heart so i'm always so anxious in every chapter release!

I think it would be your second option -_- Such a awful manwha, but it's just from Korean also. However, it surprisingly attracts me that much >"< I'm crazily waiting for the next chapters!

Anyway, anyone know when will the next chapter come out?

Elleian
February 14, 2010, 05:37 PM
I'm.. kind of lost with the recent chapters, anyone know where I should start reading from to get a grasp of what's going on. I don't.. feel like reading from the beginning.

lireah
February 16, 2010, 12:27 AM
I suggest going to the middle of book 8, which is past all of the flash backs. and when they are at the palace. if you want to go through all of the flashbacks to see what all the relationships are, i don't know how far that is. hope this helps!

ticirahawk
February 16, 2010, 04:40 AM
In all actuality, the chapters are quite short-- normally spanning from 15 to 20 pages.(about five of those pages are beautiful coloured images. ^_^ ) I love this manhwa, and i think in order to truly appreciate it, you should read it from the beginning. Trust me, it is well worth it and the story will suck you right in that you will breeze through the short chapters.

segua
February 26, 2010, 12:02 AM
Oh snap! Finally found a place to read this online! I got to get reading where I left off where ever that was. And a very big thank you to you-know-who-you-are-even-if-I-don't for continuing such a splendid manwha.

chiresakura
March 03, 2010, 10:55 PM
This is the last chapter of Volume 10! We need a new translator once Volume 11 comes out, so please send me a PM if you or anyone you know might be interested!

Big thanks to PhyPhy for editing this one all by herself (plus the bonus pages) and also to our mysterious translator who has truly been a pleasure to work with.

Download Chapter 77 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol10_Ch77.zip)

Read Chapter 77 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/336/77)

Alissa
March 04, 2010, 06:50 AM
Thank you all, so very much! Chiresakura, PhyPhy and the mysterious translator!

sardine-in-a-can
March 04, 2010, 07:01 AM
Thankyou so much.
I really enjoy reading this series and every release is a joy to read

etineski
March 04, 2010, 09:34 AM
hey chire thanks very much for updating us with the new chapter 77 yes!! heheh

kstar
March 05, 2010, 05:31 PM
OMGGGGGGG how could it end like that. !!?!?
Thank you for the scanlations. Hope there will be someone to help translate. =)

sorayayo21
March 05, 2010, 06:17 PM
:turtle:turtleHooray!!! New Chapter. Thank you so much. :turtle:turtle:turtle

Kairi
March 06, 2010, 06:36 PM
I register to thank you for your hard work.

I can't find the word to express my feeling after the reading.
This manhwa is sooo beautiful, I've never seen drawing like that before~
Plus, the story is interesting.

I'm truly grateful for being able to read such a amazing thing.
I have spent a very nice time. Thank you so much !

I hope we will be able to enjoy the reading of volume 11 one day~

[sorry if I've made mistake, English is not my naive language]

chocolatexlover
April 09, 2010, 04:11 PM
Wow. I thought that was an epicly awesome chapter.. even if it was a complete cliffhanger!!! :darn

Ah well, thank you SOO much chiresakura for scanslating! Hopefully you'll find a translater for volume 11! :)

ASria
April 10, 2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the scans chiresakura!! ;D Can't wait for the next chapter!

baboysai
April 14, 2010, 03:23 AM
there's been a release of chapter 80 at mangatraders but its not done by chiresakura. I'm not even sure who scanned it or translated it or what. there were no credits. :s

yeah so it's quite a jump from 77. Trust me, I read it (woe is me). I don't think you guys would like to be spoiled..
[hr]
I suggest we all just sit tight and wait for the other releases :)

chiresakura
May 10, 2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry for the delay, but we finally got a new translator. Huge thanks to Badelicious for translating this chapter and to yomoko for doing a beautiful job editing!

Download Chapter 78 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch78.zip)

Read Chapter 78 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/78)

olinatasha
May 12, 2010, 03:06 AM
Thank you chiresakura for this release! I look forward to your releases so much. So, a huge thank you to you and everyone else who worked/works on this with you. :o:worship:glomp:woot:luv:confetti

sleepycat
May 29, 2010, 03:57 PM
I am starting to get very nervous for this series. I am starting to remember that a lot of korean series/drama has a tendency to have a sad/tragic ending. I want to see a Soah and Miu baby ending.

baboysai
June 01, 2010, 09:45 AM
It's hard to predict what the ending will be, given I have no idea how many chapters this series will run. :s so far I haven't heard any news of it ending or anything, and that should be good. :p

But for predictions' sake, I think it's unlikely that Soah and Miu end up having a baby. Soah'd be lucky enough to continue staying within the Gods' realm for the rest of her life. That alone is a good ending for me.

If offspring should get in the picture, I'm thinking that could only be possible if Soah were returned to the human world, but pregnant with Mui's child and that would be a sad ending IMO :(

what do you guys think? what are your predictions?

chiresakura
June 10, 2010, 02:00 PM
Whew, we're finally back on track thanks to some new editors. I shouldn't say things like this, but the rest of the volume should be out relatively shortly.

Download Chapter 79 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch79.zip)

Read Chapter 79 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/79)

Download Chapter 80 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch80.zip)

Read Chapter 80 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/80)

sorayayo21
June 10, 2010, 11:07 PM
wow!! 2 new chapters!! Thank you so much for this. This will be lovely start for the weekend hihih thanks again mwuah mwuah mwuah!!! ^____^

Alissa
June 11, 2010, 06:05 AM
Yay!! 2 chappies, thank you soo much. And thanks to all new editors!

chiresakura
June 16, 2010, 10:46 PM
Am I correct in assuming that I can no longer post links to chapters here?

lireah
June 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
why can you no longer post links to chapters here? NNNNOOOO!!!! I hope that isn't true. I love Bride of the Water God! The links seem to work fine. Just that the web links are crossed out, but they still work.

beta
June 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
ackk! why not.

Alissa
June 18, 2010, 05:27 AM
Why? it's soo good to have them here :(

chiresakura
June 18, 2010, 03:48 PM
Sorry for the concern and delay, but here's chapter 81!

Download Chapter 81 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch81.zip)

Read Chapter 81 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/81)

sorayayo21
June 21, 2010, 01:12 AM
Thank you so much for the new chapter. mwuah!!! :amuse:amuse:amuse

chiresakura
June 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
Download Chapter 82 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch82.zip)

Read Chapter 82 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/82)

kazekage13
June 24, 2010, 03:25 AM
Awesome! Thank you for the new chapter!

bluesonnet
June 24, 2010, 04:56 AM
thank you thank you thank you for the new chapter!! thanks so much for your hard work. :D

baboysai
June 24, 2010, 02:13 PM
external links are fine, chiresakura. thanks for the hard work. ^^ files on the servers aren't allowed though.

And ladies, you can thank chiresakura with the thanks button too. We highly discourage "gratitude spam".

However, we encourage everyone to post for discussion. So please post regarding your thoughts on the recent chapters chiresakura provided us with ^^;

(I have yet to read the recent chapters so my thoughts on that later :p)

chiresakura
June 27, 2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. It's always nice to know there are appreciative readers out there XD

I used to mention that the Thanks button is at the bottom right of the message, but I've gotten lazy lately. Sorry, mods!

Download Chapter 83 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch83.zip)

Read Chapter 83 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/83)

baboysai
June 28, 2010, 02:25 PM
things have moved pretty fast in this volume. So many revelations, and really, a lot of twists and turns.

honestly I didn't think that little girl in the water country would turn out to be someone important (lol I forget their names too much :sweatdrop)

But it's also nice to see how they're all for family, since I didn't get that feeling, that special bond of family in the earlier chapters. At least now it shows that underneath their conniving schemes and whatnot, the ulterior motive is the family.

This story right from the start had characters that were all enshrouded in mystery, and you never knew what they were thinking. At least things are getting revealed. A lot of them in this volume.

So how many chapters do you guys think this series will run for? I think this volume right here is pretty much climaxing. So I'm guessing it'll be concluded in a hundred chapters.. :oh

lireah
June 28, 2010, 03:27 PM
We learned that she was the mother of Dong someone... who has to be important. I guess she's kind of his guardian because she's the mother of Mui's father's friend.

Family still? I don't know because of the Dr. and the witch. I guess they still hold a bond of fondness with members that will affect the outcome in the future. Hopeful, all misunderstanding will be resolved.

I think that we always knew what they were thinking, but not their reasoning or their past. Now that we know more of the past, the story does get deeper.

Please don't think I'm rejecting your thoughts, I just have a tendency to bring up what I think or remember.

Lol, I hope it ends shortly. I don't really like long series. Thanks for the releases!!!

baboysai
June 28, 2010, 10:38 PM
Oh right wait, I'm too lazy to check the chapters right now, but is she the mother of that pyro god that hangs over at the water country too? ahaha.

And good to at least know what mura is really thinking. See, Mura's intentions, like you said, might be clear as day, then at one point she supports soah, or some other weird ally. At least it's finally clear that what she said she was intended to have, that's what she's just really aiming for.

chiresakura
July 09, 2010, 10:46 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier - the magazine chapter numbers and the tank numbers for volume 11 are different. This flashback chapter was originally magazine chapter 79, however it was placed at the end of volume 11. We decided to keep the tank order of chapters, though it may cause some confusion. I've included a zip for the whole volume in case you get confused and want to make sure you have all the chaps ;)

Download Chapter 84 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_Ch84.zip)

Read Chapter 84 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura/84)

Download Volume 11 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol11_[chiresakura].zip)

Alissa
July 11, 2010, 07:07 AM
Thank you very much for this chapter and for keeping the tank order!!!!

olinatasha
July 11, 2010, 04:47 PM
First, thank you for the new chapter. You know I love your work; it's very well done. So, just to clarify, is chapter 84 the end of volume 11? Does that conclude volume 11? And are we on to volume 12?:woot:occa So excited & can hardly wait!!!!!!

Second, I was reading the last several posts before the chapter 84 release post, the ones discussing who's related to whom. I personally am dimwitted and find it very hard to keep track of who's who. I find myself constantly asking who's this person? and which person was that again? and is that the one person or the other? and who's this person related to again? I get more and more confused. It would be nice if there was a chart or diagram that shows relationships or at least character profiles. It'd be nice if I could see all the characters' faces altogether to compare. :confused:

I am the type who loves long series. When long series have a large cast of characters, though, it becomes difficult. When the authors include pages with character profiles and/or a chart showing characters and their connections with each other it is very helpful and makes the story easier to follow. I would like to see that with this story, too. Maybe some day she'll create one for us. :?bunny

Nonetheless, I love this story so very much that I am more than willing to struggle through it. It's not so difficult that I can't get what's going on in the slightest after all. I have bought every book published in English so far, too. I just love it and want so very much to support such a wonderful artist/story teller. I wish I could buy some of her color pictures she's included in the books in large prints or posters. That would so awesome. I'd buy them all! ;)

hoanganh
July 15, 2010, 07:04 PM
i love this manga and i hope u guys will continule to translate it cuz its very gud^^

baboysai
July 16, 2010, 07:39 AM
@olinatasha,

good to know you're buying the books! it must be really nice to see the art in actual print, eh?

sylvira
July 24, 2010, 10:36 PM
I have seen some of the volumes in print and they're absolutely breathtaking. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

The backstory between Habaek's parents is nice! And we see where the Emperor gets into conflict with Habaek's mother starts.

lireah
July 25, 2010, 09:24 PM
I've bought all the books out in my region :D love them!!

As for the relations...it would be nice if someone did draw a diagram. From what I remember:
(current/key characters in plot?)
Habaek's mother (dong wang mo/kong nim)
habaek's father (suh wang mo)
habaek/mui
soah
the mother of fire head (yohee-nim)
fire head (yeom jae shin nong)(brother of emperor? chp 79 pg. 12)
emperor (hunwon)(former friend of habaek's mother wants control of habaek)
fire god (goggles)(judong)
witch (mura)
wind god (bi ryeom)
doctor (tae ul jin in)
grudge girl
mask wolf guy (banwang)
rin (horse/guy)
hooye
yookoh (habaek's servent)
nakbin

(probably no more influence on plot)
fake nakbin (yeowha)
soah's former fiance
soah's mother
soah's father
soah's sister

(too lazy to draw it and look up all the ppl)

I think the conflict started before habaek's mother and father (from the emperor's description of habaek's father), but we'll see. I like stories that have a good plot and then a good conclusion. I don't really care for the lenght as long as it isn't too long or really short.

definitely fun skimming the chapters again and trying to get everyone straight.

Thanks again for the chapters!!!

10years
October 09, 2010, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know what's happening with the scanlation process at the moment? It has been quite awhile since the last English release by chiresakura and volume 12 has been released in Korea about one and a half month ago. I don't want to sound like I'm rushing or pushing anyone, but I'm just curious and worry that this manhwa is being dropped..

Please let me know if anyone has any information at all. Thank you :)

Niirouge
October 10, 2010, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know what's happening with the scanlation process at the moment? It has been quite awhile since the last English release by chiresakura and volume 12 has been released in Korea about one and a half month ago. I don't want to sound like I'm rushing or pushing anyone, but I'm just curious and worry that this manhwa is being dropped..

Please let me know if anyone has any information at all. Thank you

Not sure if this has been posted, but I read the summaries for the current chapters out in Korea HERE (http://comicseoul.wordpress.com/?s=bride+of+the+water+god) :)

It's short and straight-forward so it's very easy to follow! Unless, of course, you have trouble remembering some of their names... (like me)... -_-

Anyway, with what's happening lately, I hope...
That the Emperor ("evil" dude) finds happiness with Habaek/Mui's mother ;) He deserves it and besides, I never really became attached to Habaek/Mui's biological father...

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to discuss the above SPOILER here, but there's no other thread for this... If it's irrelevant or inappropriate, feel free to delete :)

Oh, one more thing - I love this manhwa! Lol.

10years
October 11, 2010, 05:15 AM
Thank you Niirouge for the information & link :) I've also been checking that website for quite a long time, but I really want to read the manhwa as well :D lol.. I'll wait for chiresakura's next release :) but I'm also planning to buy the English version after more volume have been released :D

Does anyone know how's the English version? Does each volume always have the coloured pages? Thank's :)

Niirouge
October 11, 2010, 11:39 PM
You're welcome 10years :)

Yeah, the pictures are great to see but we'll just have to wait until the lovely scanlators provide us with the new chapters :amuse

Till then, the summaries will have to do :p

About the English version by Dark Horse company, there's currently only 6 volumes released... The rate is about 2 volumes per year with the next, volume 7, coming out January 2011.

And yes, the volumes contain ALL the original colourings and extras! :D

Hope that helps!

10years
October 13, 2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you!! :D
Do you buy the English version?? :)
Does Dark Horse change or anglicize any of the character's name?

lireah
October 13, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hi,
I buy the english version, and from what I remember, the names generally stay the same. I can't remember any off the top of my head that changed. you could probably stop buy your local bookstore and flip through them if you're really concerned about it. Personally, I prefer the hardcopy version. the art is just amazing and the colors are more striking to me.

10years
October 14, 2010, 11:05 AM
Thank's lireah :)
The bookstores in my country don't seem to have them though. So if I want them, I have to request for them, waiting for the books to be imported, etc :( I don't think I can really cancel the books once they've arrive, probably I would get charged or something...
And yes, the name changes thing is pretty important to me, because I much prefer for them to stay the same as the original ones :) and if they change it, I think I would get confuse with the ones from the scan...
You think the colours in the hard copy are more brilliant than the ones from the scan? Now, that sounds interesting and just makes me want to buy them even more ;)

baboysai
October 21, 2010, 08:57 AM
Nirouge, do you mean to say the manwha is already finished?? or you're just stating the apparent conclusion for the characters you mentioned?

i.e. the emperor and habaek's mom

lireah
October 21, 2010, 03:21 PM
@baboysai: The site he/she mentioned has summaries of chapter released in South Korea. I don't believe that it is the end yet; mangaupdates would have that noted if it were so.

@10years: I checked the site, and the main names are the same. I couldn't check the books since I'm at school and didn't bring my books to save space. I am getting the 6th volume around the 28th this month, so I'll get back to you for sure. As for striking, I meant it made more of a visual impact more than brilliance. I'm biased because I do prefer hard copies over soft copies, but I only by hard copies of stuff I really like.

Niirouge
October 31, 2010, 03:51 AM
Lol, not the ending, just the summaries as lireah pointed out (thanks!) :)

There are hard copies and soft (paper-back?) copies of the manhwa? I didn't realise that Darkhorse releases two versions... Or are we talking about a different company here?

The English volumes I have all contain the original names with the honorifics and everything so yeah, no biggies there ;)

And sorry, but what's this talk on the colour pages?... -_-
I don't think I'm following the conversation correctly... *cough*

lireah
October 31, 2010, 10:48 AM
ah, no i meant hard copies as in printed versions and soft copies as in on the computer...

the colored pages just has more of a visual impact to me when it is printed out rather than on the screen because i can appreciate it more.

but, i've always preferred the printed version of a book. i'm, of course, going to say it looks better.

Niirouge
October 31, 2010, 07:37 PM
Oh! Okay, cool! :D

Thanks for clearing that up, lol.

Yeah, the printed versions are (usually) always better.
Well, in quality. Translation is up to the person to decide, but with shoujo manhwa, it's mostly right on the mark :)

So support the author and grab a hard copy, today~!

And has anyone read the latest summaries...?
Actually, has there been any releases/updates yet?
I don't check online much... especially since it's licensed, the searching becomes more difficult... -_-

Yoshioka
November 12, 2010, 05:30 AM
Here is volume 12 raw: http://www.mediafire.com/?37whh27649543o1

Hope that ChireSakura and her wonderful team will keep translating this marvelous series.

And here comes their wedding!

Niirouge
November 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
^ Is that the latest volume out in Korea?...

And I'm not trying to be rude or anything when I ask this, but are Chiresakura still working on this series? You know, considering everything that's happening with scanlations and all...

I don't mind the wait nor am I rushing them when I ask this, so yeah... ?

lireah
November 19, 2010, 08:33 PM
it might be the latest book out in korea since it's the last mentioned on mangaupdates

As for the scanalations, I have no idea. It has been really long since she/he has made a release, which is a bit unusual. While I do wish for releases, I mostly hope that Chiresakura is alright and will eventually find time to work on the manga. As a fans, I think that is all we can do.

Yoshioka
November 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
Yes,it is the latest ^^

Hope that ChireSakura didn't drop this :D

chiresakura
December 06, 2010, 04:15 PM
We're in need of Korean translators. If you know of any (or a group interested in a joint), send them my way please!

Yoshioka
December 11, 2010, 04:31 AM
Hi,it's good to see you! Shoujo-manhwa scans (http://shojomanhwascans.blogspot.com/2010/12/bride-of-water-god.html) was done chap 85 and I heard she said that she would contact you to joint!

baboysai
December 11, 2010, 07:19 AM
thanks for posting, chiresakura. we were quite worried where you'd gone :wtf

chiresakura
December 24, 2010, 09:35 AM
This is our first chapter with shojo manhwa scans. There was a mix up, and their release of chapter 86 contains chapters 86 and 87. This chapter (88) picks up after their last release. We're working on going back and redoing the previous chaps in HQ, but for now, I apologize for the confusion.
:jbya
Anyway, we're back in the saddle thanks to SMS, so look for more chapters in the next few weeks ;)

Download Chapter 88 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol12_Ch88_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)

Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/88)

camaji
December 24, 2010, 11:31 AM
That's so great to hear! I love your scanlations and am so happy that you are doing this! Thank you so much ^_^ and again! no rush, please don't worry about us leechers XD

Alissa
December 25, 2010, 09:25 AM
Thank you both so much!!! And welcome back :)

chiresakura
December 26, 2010, 05:49 PM
Working backwards, here are chapters 86 and 87 from volume 12. We wanted to get these out asap so there wouldn't be too much confusion about chapter numbers in volume 12.

Download Chapter 86 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol12_Ch86_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 86 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/86)

Download Chapter 87 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol12_Ch87_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 87 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/87)

callalilly
December 27, 2010, 02:30 AM
Thank you!;)

chiresakura
December 30, 2010, 06:36 PM
And now moving forward... XD

Download Chapter 89 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol12_Ch89_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 89 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/89)

^Lee^
December 31, 2010, 05:30 AM
Sorry, just to be sure to get it right: are you going to re-release ch 85 too?
Thank you for your great work! :D

baboysai
January 05, 2011, 09:46 PM
wow, what development.

I reread the story, and I was wondering what keeps the archer (forgot his name I'm in a hurry) so angry at Habaek? What's his motive, what's the reason for all his treachery?? I just don't understand why he's so easily manipulated by his father..

chiresakura
January 05, 2011, 11:01 PM
Sorry, just to be sure to get it right: are you going to re-release ch 85 too?
Thank you for your great work! :D

Yes we will! We have a different translator working on that chapter, so I was going to wait for her script first. I haven't heard from her lately, so thanks for the reminder to check up on her XD

Thanks to everyone for being patient while we stalled out waiting for a volume 12 translator. Check back soon for chapter 90 ^_^

EDIT:

Thanks to PhyPhy and yomoko for being fantastic editors :D

Download Chapter 90 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol12_Ch90_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 90 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/90)

EDIT 2:

The end of Volume 12!!

Download Chapter 91 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol12_Ch91_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 91 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/91)

EDIT 3:

The beginning of Volume 13 ;)

Download Chapter 92 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch92_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 92 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/92)

EDIT 4:

Download Chapter 93 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch93_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 93 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/93)

Edit 5:

Download Chapter 94 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch94_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 94 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/94)

Alissa
February 14, 2011, 03:05 PM
Thank you!!!!

baboysai
February 14, 2011, 09:51 PM
I already said my thanks for the previous chapters, so here's my thanks for chapter 94, chire-chan. :)

really, I appreciate that you guys are still doing this since this is such a lovely manga.

chiresakura
March 23, 2011, 09:20 PM
I'm glad you're still enjoying the series ^_^

Download Chapter 95 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch95_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 95 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/95)

etineski
March 24, 2011, 11:29 AM
oh dearrrrr thanks very much for the latest releaseQ!

fiRe05
March 24, 2011, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much chiresakura!

swirlblaze
March 25, 2011, 02:56 AM
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH CHIRESAKURA!!!!!! i heart you <3 *hugss

i realllllyyy hope mui n soah gets a happy ending TOGETHER FOREVAHHHH!!! <3

baboysai
March 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
waa i've forgotten the characters again! >.< was the other guy in the chapter shin nong without a mask? and is shin nong the son of that goddess that was just introduced (who loved a human herself)?

chiresakura
March 26, 2011, 08:23 AM
I know, they all kind of blur together, don't they? We're done with Shin Nong and Dong Wang Kong for now. These are two new characters - the blonde woman who loved a human and her son.

If I remember, Shin Nong's mom is Yohee, the little girl character in Water Kingdom... I hope we get more on that later ;)

EDIT:

Download Chapter 96 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch96_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 96 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/96)

EDIT:

Download Chapter 97 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch97_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 97 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/97)

nycmango
April 10, 2011, 10:11 PM
thanks so much for another great release :)

I know you addressed this before, but just curious if there is still a chance to get chapter 85 in HQ? I know the other group released a LQ version.

thanks again for the hard work! I can't wait to read the next chapter ^^

baboysai
April 12, 2011, 05:08 AM
aggggh. What's Soah thinking about the Bando now??? All this trouble for the Bando! and then she won't take it! :shakefist

Great chapter. Bi-ryeom had to do it if he loved Mura, and himself. Excellent story-writing. This manwha is really above other sunjeong.

chiresakura
April 17, 2011, 11:09 AM
We actually just started working on chapter 85 the other day ;)

Download Chapter 98 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol13_Ch98_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 98 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/98)

etineski
April 17, 2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks very much for updating us with new release cheers to u!

nycmango
April 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
We actually just started working on chapter 85 the other day ;)

Yay awesome :) Thanks for the latest chapter too<3

olinatasha
April 17, 2011, 02:56 PM
Thank you for another release of this beautiful story. You're so good to us! Thank you again.

chiresakura
April 18, 2011, 05:02 PM
Finally finally here is chapter 85 by us and SMS. It was worth going back and doing this chapter just for chibi Dong Wang Kong :P

Download Chapter 85 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol12_Ch85_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 85 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/85)

baboysai
April 20, 2011, 07:13 AM
So the emperor is the type of guy who doesn't want anybody to be happy because he cant be happy. I wonder, who is the wife that begets his son and Nakbin though? Might be for the next volume?

chiresakura
May 21, 2011, 09:04 AM
Download Chapter 99 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch99_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 99 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/99)

Also, a group on Crunchyroll is compiling all the download links:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Bride_of_the_Water_God

baboysai
May 24, 2011, 09:52 AM
I just read the chapter! It's so easy to corrupt and plant doubt in a human's mind.

I don't know what Mui will say, but to be fair, both of them have gone through a lot and now their minds are in turmoil.

If I were Soah though, there was nothing really to think about. All her friends are already part of the gods' realm- I don't think there was any mention of her having loyal human friends. And what does she care about her good-for-nothing father who sold her off? And her mother who didn't seem to resist when she was offered (to die) for the Rain God in the beginning?

Her human life was sad, and she was taken for granted. Here, Mui goes through all the trouble and suffering, and all this political affairs are tangled up for the sake of being together with Soah.

So what's the deal? :bored
[hr]
of course, eternity is a scary thing, and she's very uncertain. But she has nothing left to lose. All she needs is a little confidence. Nakbin is still in her mind, even after all the events that took place. I thought by this time Nakbin's issue has been buried. Puh-lease.

Asarii
May 28, 2011, 11:33 PM
I agree, babyosai. So far we've never heard of her having any close relations with humans- everyone she cares for and cares for her back are gods. I don't think it will hurt for Soah to eat the fruit, but we'll see how she deals with this inner conflict. After all I don't think she would have declined the offer before meeting the witch-mother. (I don't know her name.)

My prediction is that Mui will agree to Soah's terms. Before he can act upon it, however, he'll realize that she has been manipulated.

baboysai
May 30, 2011, 01:55 AM
See, Mui's too proud to give up being a god. So I dunno what he's gonna say, unless he'll try to just lie it off. lol.

Asarii
May 31, 2011, 12:55 AM
He might have a lot of pride as a god, but I think his love for Soah is greater. He might go the third choice route and say something else. We'll see though. ;)

baboysai
May 31, 2011, 07:26 AM
third choice? I never thought about that. My only theory was that he'd lie. :p Since gods can be deceitful and stuff. getting into technicalities, etc. etc.

chiresakura
June 03, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hooray for 100! I got to reminisce about all the great translators I've worked with - sweetsmile, ricepaper, Teqq - along with PhyPhy and yomoko who are doing most of the editing work these days. Thank goodness for SMS and their translations, which kept us from giving up!

Download Chapter 100 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch100_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 100 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/100)

baboysai
June 06, 2011, 05:17 AM
the way you say it it's like it's your final project chapter :o

Asarii
June 09, 2011, 12:40 AM
Hopefully it's just a 100th chapter anniversary thank you! The group has done a great job so it would be sad to see them go.

[hr]
On one hand we have Soah denying the fruit, and here we have the emperor asking Dong Wang Kon to kill his wife. I wonder if these two conflicts will be connected somehow.

yukihime03
June 09, 2011, 12:45 AM
the emperor is the manipulator, eh?

baboysai
June 09, 2011, 05:25 AM
waaaaa that chapter was really bittersweet and put a thorn in my heart or something :shakefist

the emperor is really getting desperate. It's a good thing Mui's dad isn't going to die though :wtf

chiresakura
June 18, 2011, 07:47 AM
the way you say it it's like it's your final project chapter :o

Oops sorry! No, we're not going anywhere! I just got a little nostalgic :P

Alissa
June 19, 2011, 04:20 AM
Thank you chiresakura + staff for all your hard work! We're always here waiting for you :)

chiresakura
July 05, 2011, 05:34 PM
We're back! Sorry for the delay >_>;

Download Chapter 101 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch101_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 101 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/101)

Also, one page from ch 100 had an inverted layer, so download chapter 100 again if you want the correct page ;)
Download Chapter 100 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch100_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)

EDIT:

And here is chapter 102! PhyPhy has is an editing machine this summer XD

Download Chapter 102 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch102_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 102 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/102)

phio_chan
July 10, 2011, 09:49 AM
I'm still as far as chapter 3, but so far I'm enjoying it. Cute little Habaek, handsome big Habaek, haha~ Definitely looking forward for more. Still a long way to go, but whatever. XD

update: Finished reading this last night. I am so pissed as the last chapter! Why would Mui so stupidly believe that goddess and her to-be-human potion? I mean, he of all people should know that trusting another gods or goddesses can't be done that easily. =___= Anyway, look forward for the next chapter very much! ^^

baboysai
July 13, 2011, 07:49 AM
I read chapter 102. :wtf

what do you guys think is in that potion?

in the middle of the chapter I did believe that goddess to be sincere about her offer, but by the end it seems it's all a bluff. Too good to be true, definitely. do you think she's on any side in the war?

phio_chan
July 13, 2011, 08:45 AM
I don't think that goddess who gave Mui potion is at any side of the war. She seems careless about outer world. but obviously she cares a lot about Mura, and when she saw that Mura died in jealousy of Mui and Soah, she vowed to make that couple suffer as well. About what is inside that potion... That goddess (whoever her name is XD) said something like "enjoy the pain of killing your beloved one with your own hands". So maybe that potion will make Mui hate whoever it is he met for the first time and kill him/her... Too weird? XD

10years
July 15, 2011, 08:39 AM
Or may be that potion is the real thing. Perhaps she thinks Mui will kill Soah one day, after he regret being a human, just like that Goddess killed her husband after regretting he had turned into a God, not a human anymore. If you were born and been living as a human or God, then suddenly turned into the other, it could also change your personality. That's what I think anyway :)

And finally, I just bought the DarkHorse version of The Bride of the Water God, vol. 1 to 8. I had to ordered them through an international chain bookstore in my city, because no bookstore stock them :( when a staff finally put the 8 books in front of my eyes after more than a month long of wait, it felt really surreal, I were standing there frozen for about a second, speechless. LOL

shinobi
July 17, 2011, 02:22 PM
yup I think this potion will turn him into a human, and so eventually they'll have to face the same sadness and misfortune that she and her husband/boyfriend/lover/whatever suffered...her goal was to make them suffer for what she thinks they did to Mura, and also I belive to prove to herself that the decision she took about killing the guy she loved what the only possible and correct thing,, eventually Mui and Soah, one of them will end up killing the other or so she thinks...

baboysai
July 19, 2011, 09:49 AM
so you guys think this will be a happy ending? I think there's gonna be tragedy... >.<

shinobi
July 19, 2011, 03:06 PM
I hope something good will happen to these two,, which is somehow difficult now that they have the goddess of happiness and joy as their enemy, she'll make their lives miserable.. but seriously I wish it wouldn't end with a tear jerking chapter, I hope for a happy end!!

chiresakura
July 20, 2011, 09:38 PM
Seriously... after all the confusion with Suh Wang Mo's servant in the early volumes, haven't we learned not to drink random potions?

I have my fingers crossed for a bittersweet ending - not all out Hamlet style tragedy, but not a sugary sweet princess ending.

Download Chapter 103 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch103_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 103 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/103)

baboysai
July 21, 2011, 07:19 AM
lol a princess ending sounds too much to ask for. Why am I being pessimistic. I do hope love would conquer all...

yukihime03
July 21, 2011, 08:12 AM
so you guys think this will be a happy ending? I think there's gonna be tragedy... >.<

I got that feeling too.. Somehow I was reminded of Romeo&Juliet... Let's hope it won't end tragically. *cross fingers*

baboysai
July 21, 2011, 08:44 AM
oh no! don't tell me he'll remain a child forever?????

I'm confused. How come he still turned into a kid, when he's supposed to have normalized? like, no human would be a kid in the daytime and a man at night?

but apparently the curse carried over to the human world... :/

phio_chan
July 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Ooh, 'introducing' chapter to the human life of Mui and Soah. :XD Look forward to the next chapter. I wonder if we'll start to see the hardships of these two living as human in human world right away. :3

Judging from how the series go on so far, I don't think it would be a perfect happy ending. I can only hope that it doesn't end too bad for the lead characters; wouldn't it be too cruel? ^^"

baboysai
July 22, 2011, 06:05 AM
why am I thinking about endings anyway? When, now that you mention it, this sounds like another arc yet.

chiresakura
July 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
And this is why we don't take candy from strangers.

Download Chapter 104 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch104_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 104 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/104)

phio_chan
July 27, 2011, 04:06 AM
*sigh* I really feel sad for both Mui and Soah. It's as if no matter where they run to, hardships would never stop to catch after them and put their life like in hell. Interesting curses, though. I can also understand how sad and angry he is for not being able to do anything but stay away from Soah if Mui wants to protect her, to put it in short.

Can't say I'm really looking forward to the next episode because it seems like this is going to get even more depressing... But still I can't help being curious. :)

baboysai
July 27, 2011, 08:24 AM
>.> maaaaan, what a curse!!!

that witch!

don't tell me this new woman will become another love interest?? *pulls hair* I want happy sappy times even if it's just one chapter :crying

phio_chan
July 27, 2011, 08:49 AM
don't tell me this new woman will become another love interest?? *pulls hair* I want happy sappy times even if it's just one chapter :crying

I agree with this very much. As if the characters and us readers don't have time to take a breath. From one chapter to another, there are always new hardships coming along the way. =___=

Love interest, hmm, probably. Or would she be offered as another bride to Habaek? XD

Asarii
July 28, 2011, 12:40 AM
Every time things start looking good for Mui and Soah, something just HAS to get in the way. They'll be the couple who deserves and hopefully be able to earn a happy ending.

The curse only being in effect around Soah is terrible! I'm sure they're happy that they're together but not by pretending to be a mother and child. I wonder how the curse will be broken in the human world (if it will).

yukihime03
July 28, 2011, 07:51 AM
Hmm. This is getting interesting.
I wonder too if the woman will be a new character? Well, I hope she won't become Mui's love interest (and it is kind of unlikely actually) but it is likely that she'll fall in love with Mui. (You tried to save a child and BAM! Suddenly a hot guy is there, dripping water. :hurr) It will be better if she's just a passing character. I can't stand to see another woman in their way anymore... (Well, you see, from the beginning, Soah had many rivals while Mui had only one. It's a bit unfair for Soah. *shrug*)

And... I'm still wondering what the other gods are doing... I think they aren't aware yet of Mui's condition... Their biggest pawn has turned human (and has lost his powers, it seems), what will the gods do?

phio_chan
July 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
And... I'm still wondering what the other gods are doing... I think they aren't aware yet of Mui's condition... Their biggest pawn has turned human (and has lost his powers, it seems), what will the gods do?

Personally I think that the god of the gods (I forgot his name and his title XD) would try to save Mui from the human world. Simply because Mui is important in his plan. He could careless of Soah, but I think he would try to change Soah into a goddess so Mui would return as a god, and Mui would be tied to help him in whatever he wants him to do. *shrugs*

baboysai
July 29, 2011, 07:09 AM
That does seem plausible.

The game between the gods has not hit climax yet, so there's more that will happen, also there is no definition about the situation between Mui's parents yet. That's also a love I wish will end well. :(

chiresakura
August 13, 2011, 01:51 PM
Download Chapter 105 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14_Ch105_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)
Read 105 Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bride-of-the-Water-God/chiresakura+shojo-manhwa-scans/105)

Also batch download for volume 14. (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol14.zip)

phio_chan
August 18, 2011, 10:11 AM
Continuation of the sad story~ *sigh*
I was so late to have just read it this afternoon, but oh well. That face of that lady who saw Mui is the kind of face that would bring troubles to the couple. :-_- I wonder what the God of the Gods would do about them. I think he would tend to try to save Mui only, leaving Soah behind, giving promises about saving Soah if Mui helped him. :P

yukihime03
August 18, 2011, 11:22 AM
Haha. I can only laugh expressionlessly.

Nothing much really happens but I think in the next chapter, we'll see what the emperor will do.
Mui is so depressed, making Soah worries about him. Come on, I'm tired of seeing this kind of scene.
It's a bit funny though when Soah's sister asks him about Water God, he's offended and he has to explain about himself. XD

abyssiniankitty
August 26, 2011, 12:36 PM
Gosh i feel so bad 4 Mui/Habaek and Soah...

chiresakura
October 16, 2011, 09:11 PM
As you can tell, my group and I no longer have the time (or enthusiasm) to work on this series anymore. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but this will be our last release. I really wanted to see this series through to the end, but who knows when that will actually be.

SMS will be continuing alone from here.

Thank you to all our readers over the years. I hope you continue to enjoy this series!

Download Chapter 106 (http://neomirror.net/files/water/Water_God_Vol15_Ch106_[chiresakura-SMS].zip)

baboysai
October 17, 2011, 01:26 AM
aww so sad to hear about that, chiresakura. :( I appreciate that you'll be turning it over, at least. Hope to see more projects from you. Great releases :thumbs

phio_chan
October 17, 2011, 04:57 AM
A sad news, chiresakura. Whatever the reason might be, we're thankful for your work on this series so far! Good luck with other and future projects. :thumbs

As for the chapter itself... It feels too long already that I have started to forget some names. XD The story didn't really show anything else except that someone may die soon, and that Habaek is stressed living at human world and that he might get new (or old?) rival so soon. ^^; I really wish the plot would advance sooner.

Houlan
October 17, 2011, 05:52 AM
Chiresakura!!! No!! We are from Russia and we read your translations! We don't know Korean language. And your perfect work was our the latest hope, and we have lost it... It is horrible news for us... Oh.. I'm so sad! And all my friedns too. Because our publishing house which have rights to the Bride of the Water God is very, no extremely slow! We can not wait 10 years((( Black day for us.
But we love you! And we thank you!!!:(:(:(

phio_chan
October 17, 2011, 06:11 AM
Chiresakura!!! No!! We are from Russia and we read your translations! We don't know Korean language. And your perfect work was our the latest hope, and we have lost it... It is horrible news for us... Oh.. I'm so sad! And all my friedns too. Because our publishing house which have rights to the Bride of the Water God is very, no extremely slow! We can not wait 10 years((( Black day for us.
But we love you! And we thank you!!!:(:(:(

From chiresakura's post, another group will still continue working on Bride of the Water God (I believe SMS is Shojo-Manhwa Scans? :P). Don't lose hope yet! ^__^

Houlan
October 17, 2011, 06:37 AM
Oh my God! I'm so happy. Thank you!!!

^Lee^
October 17, 2011, 02:07 PM
Such a sad news... You did a great job thoughout all these years and I've always really appreciated your work. But I can understand your decision...

So, I hope we'll hear from you again and...

Good Luck, SMS! :)

lireah
November 01, 2011, 09:55 PM
;_; I'll miss you!!! I've been following this thread for years. Thanks for amazing translations and scanalations!!! Hope to see you stopping by SMS. Luck in the future!

phio_chan
November 07, 2011, 03:22 AM
New chapter, chapter 107, is already out by SMS!
Oooh, interesting turn of events! So know Mui is in a rather difficult position, especially now that his big rival knows his secret. I wonder what action Mui would take to protect Soah. :fan Can't wait for next~

yukihime03
November 16, 2011, 01:02 AM
Nooooooooooooooooo~~~

I knew it!! That woman is going to bring trouble for Soah!!! :scry

phio_chan
November 18, 2011, 09:07 AM
Chapter 108 is out! Check it out if you haven't seen it yet~

Aaaaaaah, so SLOW. Too slow. Man, I was expecting something more. At least now Mui knows why he couldn't transform near Soah. I thought he would find out about it in a cooler way instead of being watched by a bird and confirmed by she who gave the curse. XD

Another set of love rivals~ Seriously, they are such a sad pairing. I wonder how they will get through things this time.

Do you think they would get separated for a while because of this problem? Or instantly getting stronger and overcome things together?

baboysai
November 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
If I know sunjeong, things will stretch for a looooonger time. I noticed the trend, lol. They give readers more agony than shoujo. >.<

yoshino16
December 22, 2011, 03:27 AM
do anyone know when the next release will be??? thanks...

phio_chan
December 22, 2011, 11:33 AM
do anyone know when the next release will be??? thanks...

Unfortunately we don't~ It has been a while since last release, hopefully we'll get to see another chapter soon. ^__^

yukihime03
January 02, 2012, 01:39 AM
Ah.. I'm mad... The new chapter.... ARGGHH~~

Why or why... :crying We don't need the second Hikoboshi and Orihime...

Asarii
January 03, 2012, 11:10 PM
Chapter 109

Things always seem to be getting in the way between Soah and Habaek; it's frustrating how they can't rest for too long. (>_<) Oh well, without those obstacles the story would be nearing its end.

I half hoped that Soah would jump after Mui when he fell in the water, but I'm glad that the first person he thought of was her. Things don't look so good if the potential rival found out about his transformation.

phio_chan
January 05, 2012, 01:23 AM
This series new chapter is never just a little bright, eh? ^^;

Another gloomy chapter. So many obstacles... Sometimes I just wish the story would end; I wish for happiness for these two and looking at how the series goes it really didn't go in a good way. XD

Woo Hui and her brother obviously have bad intentions. I wonder how they will be able to get past this problem, especially since Mui is cursed and can't use his power. >__<

I think Soah thought that Mui could transform back to his original form because of that woman. Thus she would let him go. Thus the curse upon him would succeed. Blah. T__T

yukihime03
March 09, 2012, 12:48 AM
Can I choke Woo Hui now???

Arghhhhh~~~ I'm so mad~~~~

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn225/cut3ch3rry/Onionhead/kesel.gif