PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Bride of The Water God by Yoon Mi Kyung

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nami
February 02, 2008, 08:36 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/pandoraliz/MH/Shoujo/0001.jpghttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/pandoraliz/MH/Shoujo/001.jpg

Title: Bride of the Water God
Authored by Yoon Mi-Kyung
Serialized by Wink
Pubished by : Seoul Cultural Publishers and DarkHorse (http://www.darkhorse.com/)
Genre: Shoujo,Fantasy, Drama
Release: On-going series (5 vols ~)
Scanlations: Ongoing (see further below)

Summary
A village faces drought and sacrifices a girl to the Water God in exchange for rain.. What will her life be, with such a fate? Joins Soah and her adventures in her new life....

Scanlation groups
- Entropy (http://www.entropy-manga.com)
- RC Scans (http://www.rcscans.wordpress.com/)
- Chiresakura & team

Downloads :
- Mangatraders (http://www.mangatraders.com)
-RC Scans (http://www.rcscans.wordpress.com/)

-----------------------------------------------------

Aw...am surprised no one created this. Anyway, here's sharing with you guys one of my favourite manhwas. It has everything I like- ancient background, drama, bishies, and beautiful artwork. It is kind of well-paced, and by the time i finished 1 volume, i am hooked! Anyway, any of you read this yet? If not, try reading it!! ;)

eni
February 02, 2008, 01:14 PM
It's really nice to see it active scanlated again.

Is v5 already published in Korea? I only have the RAW up till v4 (missing v1 >.< ).

Mel_Luvz_Anime
February 05, 2008, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah I really liked this manga, I read all those scanlated by Entropy, and when they stopped I stopped. I haven't really got enough confidence in the new group yet to keep reading.

yuna37
February 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
I absolutely love this series!
The artwork is just stunning! The characters are very interesting. The storyline is unique, and I really want to know what happens next!
The only thing I want to change would be that there would be more dialog about their feelings and what is going on. I feel that I have to use my imagination to figure out what is going on. But in some ways that makes it more interesting and addicting. I really want to see Soah and Habaek/Mooee's relationship grow!!

miyavisoap
February 26, 2008, 11:53 PM
heehee
i love this series too<33
i collected them til the 4th volume
i would love to translate them...
is there anyway that i can do that?
this thing is too good to keep it by myself!! =]

Nami
February 27, 2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, me too!!! I saw that you have offered to do trans for Vol. 5. That is great! By the way, do you mind sharing the raw for Vol. 5 with us? ^^

The latest vol. 4 by chiresakura offers a glimpse of what happened to the previous bride, although the relationship between soah and habeak seems to become better. But just a bit curious, in chapter 26, why is she still calling Miu and Habeak as though they are different persons, is it that she hasn't realise it yet?

Arggghhh..now i need the scans for vol. 3 to fill in the gaps :)

baboysai
February 27, 2008, 12:31 PM
Nami, I have the same problem. mangatraders has no chapter 16-21. :scry How did this happen?

chiresakura
February 27, 2008, 01:09 PM
There is a scan group currently working on Volume 3, which is why sweetsmile and I picked it up at Volume 4. Even though this group is taking a break, they told me that they're still working on the series, so for now we're going to let them fill in the gap themselves. (For the record, I offered to work with this group before releasing on my own.)

I know it's a pain in the butt having the gaps, but hopefully we can clarify a little bit without giving anything away. Soah still doesn't know the secret about Habaek/Mui, which is why she was feeling guilty after the scene in the lily pond after Yohee almost caught them. She's torn between being Habaek's wife and her feelings for Mui. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

segua
February 29, 2008, 04:36 AM
I was reading it awhile ago but kinda forgot the title. I kind of found it awkward that everyone is just so darn scrawny. Maybe I'm just confusing it with the manga Superior where everyone is young and scrawny.

baboysai
February 29, 2008, 05:25 AM
I found the art very high quality for a manwha. The panels are so vibrant and detailed.

segua
March 01, 2008, 04:57 PM
You're right though. The art is top notched and very beautifully drawn and detailed.

lalamesilly
March 09, 2008, 06:07 PM
I know it's probably the best drawings I've ever seen in my life.

nvzblity
March 09, 2008, 09:45 PM
I know volume 3 hasn't been scanlated yet, but is there an available raw of volume 3?

miyavisoap
March 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
nami// yea, she still doesnt know that they are the same person. and oh yea, by the way, i read volume 5 and im finally translating with the group =] im so happy!! heehee…

baboysai
March 10, 2008, 11:46 PM
that's great miyavisoap! hoping for a release then! ^^

eni
March 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
Meh, I can completely transcribe the RAW but actually I understand zero >.>
So much for learning the writing system before any vocabulary -_-;

I hope the gap gets closed soon. It looks so amazing, I want to know what actually happens! :shakefist

miyavisoap
March 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
well, at least korean has less "alphabets" than japanese.
oh mannn, it took me forever to learn japanese lol

heidi
March 17, 2008, 08:43 AM
I got it on Emule :) Enjoy guys:p
WaterGod vol 05 (http://www.mediafire.com/?ymwmm0hxd19)

Nami
March 17, 2008, 09:31 AM
Thank you! You just made my day!! :occa

baboysai
March 17, 2008, 10:42 AM
:fangirl

thanks so much! :glomp

lalamesilly
March 17, 2008, 06:42 PM
you're awesome! thanks a bunch.
[hr]
do u need Rar for that for 7-zip?

kstar
March 18, 2008, 06:53 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait till someone scanlates it. I lovessss the art!!

segua
March 18, 2008, 07:46 PM
Now I know what happened. It's licensed in the U.S. and so it's suspended or the manga groups in the U.S. has suspended it by request from the U.S. publishers.

baboysai
March 20, 2008, 07:52 AM
miyavisoap, did you translate the latest chapter (30)? :wtf :glomp

I was like, kyaaaaa! he's finally decided on Soah, and then I had a gut feeling the person arriving would look like

Nakbin! :faint

I just want to clarify, Habaek doesn't know that Nakbin betrayed him, right?

miyavisoap
March 20, 2008, 08:47 PM
nope! he is like, obsessed with her!
jeez he is so stupid!!!! dont abandon soah!!!! ahhhhh

miyavisoap
March 20, 2008, 09:05 PM
translation for ch 30 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27629) <-click!!!

chiresakura
March 27, 2008, 11:32 PM
For those who are dying to know what happens in the missing chapters of Volume 3, here are the raws for chapters 16-18:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6iufw8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GGAP1Q65

I could give a brief summary, but it would probably be best if someone fluent like miyavisoap explained what was going on ::wink wink nudge nudge::

nerezza
March 28, 2008, 12:32 PM
I'm such a big fan of the series.. Thanks for filling the gaps even if there are still some missing chapters it's still great to know what actually happens before the volume 4.. I gotta learn Korean this year so I'd get to read the raws.. ^^

miyavisoap
March 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
nerezza, learning korean is going to be tres difficile parce que c'est tres compliqué...

yea, ik, i suck at french.

anyway, chiresakura, theres something wrong with the files u posted. or maybe my computer's messed
up.

if i can get the files for ch, 16-18, i would be happy to summarize them =]

im also working on ch. 31. it got so many talking/arguing scenes!!! urgggg. but it's really interesting heehee =]

hanafubuki
March 29, 2008, 05:36 PM
I'm a fan of the series as well. haha... the art is drop dead gorgeous.

@miyavisoap: can you post the summary of chapters 16-18 please?

panda-chanXD
March 30, 2008, 10:36 PM
kyaaa! i love this manhwa. the art is actually really pretty and the characters are all so purty. habaek is also really cool and the backgrounds and flowers are all beautiful too. yeah...the main reason i started reading this was because of the art.

InnocentSorrow
March 31, 2008, 06:11 PM
yea see i read the raws.
*can read korean, and understands some
but yea not fluent either.
I still think i'm pretty sure I knew what was going on though
so on to read the rest! wooo

baboysai
March 31, 2008, 09:41 PM
er maybe you could share with us what you read? :wtf

just spoiler tag it though..

yuna37
April 01, 2008, 02:22 PM
This an excellent manhwa series! The artwork is just stunning! I love all the twists and turns!!

Nami
April 03, 2008, 10:38 AM
The latest chapter 31 by chiresakura and miyavisoap is out.
This chapter is a rather slow development, and

I totally can't stand it. How can Mura slap Soah's face? She's behaving as she's a queen and soah is the maid. Even the Nabkin lookalike sounds like a potential 'threat' to soah and habeak being together.. NOOOOOO!

baboysai
April 03, 2008, 10:49 AM
Nami-san, I'm feeling you're a reader like me, I can't stand b*tches. -_-

I think it was natural for mura to do that since she was always frustrated. Not that what she did was good, but it was in her character, and within her emotions to act that way. But the potential Nakbin trouble.... ooooh I can feel my frustration already. I wonder how many chapters this arc will be.

Katea
April 03, 2008, 01:03 PM
uhm where can I find this series (from chap1 to recent chapter) besides from mangatraders?
(not that I have something against them, i just don't have an account yet)

miyavisoap
April 03, 2008, 06:09 PM
omg. nami and baboysai, do u guys know who i hate the most?
Nakbin!!!!!! she was like, "shut up" to soah!!!!!!! she is so mean!!!!! also the doctor(idk his name) is annoying too. he is on nakbin's side afterall. at least mura's not with nakbin =/

baboysai
April 03, 2008, 09:59 PM
aye.

Well I think that the doctor just wants some fun. He's on whoever's side who causes trouble. That's what I think.

belldandi
April 04, 2008, 12:09 AM
Greets and meets to everyone! I just started reading Bride of the Water God a couple of weeks ago, and i just want to say thank you for helping me find translations as I wait for the official volumes to be released. I have been reading through the threads but haven't found the answer to a couple of questions though.

*) Is this serialized in a magazine, or is it released as stand-alone books?
*) How often (and if serialized is there a normal day of the month) is this manhwa published in Korea? I'd like to stay up to date on the storyline, but not sure how far Ch 31 is through what is already published (is 31 in Vol 5 or 6), nor how often to check...

If anyone would have any links or any other general information they would be willing to share, I would really appreciate it! I've searched over the forums for a couple days so hopefully I didn't miss any more information here.

Regards,
-Bell

PS. Hello again baboysai :). (I'm a takoyakis ML subscriber.)

hanafubuki
April 04, 2008, 08:01 PM
Wow... what happened in the recent chapter was... wow.

Nak-bin has the nerve to tell Soah to "Shut up", what a wench. I really think there is going to be tensions within this arc, especially with her seducing Habaek. I'm definitely frustrated, even though I read the RAW already and know the events coming... but we can't be sure...Tael-Euk-Jin-In (the doctor) is fishy. The Grand Emperor, another candidate, and that Nak-bin is on my death hate list now.AHAHA...

@Miyavi-san: Is it okay if you could post a summary for the "missing" chapters (16-18)?

@Belladandy: Regarding your questions, I have Bride of the Water God vol. 1 with me and it says that it's serially in the Korean Magazine "Wink". But, most of my downloads are in volumes/books already or I get them in stores.

For your other question, I'm not sure...about 1-2months? IDK, it's a guess.

baboysai
April 04, 2008, 11:11 PM
@berudandi-san, I think it's released monthly, like other shoujo manwha I know. I dunno if it belongs to any magazine or released as tanks, but most likely it belongs to a magazine.

and hello! welcome to MH! to hanafubuki too! ^^ :confetti

laila~
April 09, 2008, 11:42 PM
Erm. It's kinda late...
I mean me for reading this!
It's awesome~ The art and story and all.
Just dl it (first 2vols) in goldlilys...and yeah. the missing chappies of vol.03 is kinda frustrating. (-_-")
Sometimes...It's kinda depressing when there are so many competiton between the heroines and other b*tches. And the main guy...not helping much.
If me...I would run away and say serve you right!
....but with a big hope that the guy will still chase after me...ha.ha.

baboysai
April 10, 2008, 12:29 AM
It's never late to pick anything up. (Except maybe one piece or Hajime no Ippo >.> ) Especially when this series has only been scanlated up to ch31! You're not late at all!

And welcome to MH, laila-san! :occa

eni
April 10, 2008, 06:03 AM
Are there any news on chapter 16-18? Those are the only ones missing atm, right? :(

baboysai
April 10, 2008, 07:10 AM
yes, eni, 16-18 are the only missing chapters. And the scans are moving pretty well, i think. I don't know how they plan to backtrack that though.

chiresakura
April 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
I forget if I posted this already...

I told RC-Scans that I wouldn't work on chapters 16-18 since they have already completed/started on those chapters. I checked their website a couple weeks ago, and it looks like they're saving all their releases for a big anniversary release in late May. So you won't be seeing them until then.

@miyavisoap - I re-uploaded the raws for chapters 16-18, and renamed the files so they were no longer in Korean (actually, they were more like random symbols replacing the Korean). Maybe that's what was screwing up the files for you? Anyway, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?u3wf2331hxg

Also, this series is serialized in Wink, but I have yet to find any sign of raws from the magazine.

EDIT:
@Katea - Try this livejournal site for all the releases: http://hassliebe.livejournal.com/29263.html

miyavisoap
April 10, 2008, 09:34 PM
dang... it feels weird to read the old chapters again... anyway heres the summary for chapter 16. but dont expect too much cuz it is rly rly rly rly short lol
chapter 16: so it is one of the first couple of days that Soah met Mui. and he kisses her!!! (omg!!!) anyway, he tells soah to go back home and she does. her moms all crying and stuff(cuz she is happy).
i told you its super short!!!!! lol

tian82
April 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
Jus recently start reading this manhwa and I love this manhwa a lots and the story is juz nice and lovely. Thank to the group who scan it. Really thank a lots.

baboysai
April 11, 2008, 11:49 PM
thanks, miyavi-san! At least well, I now know that there was a kissing scene I didn't get to see :scry

yuna37
April 12, 2008, 12:45 AM
Chapter 33 ends in a cliffhanger! Ughhhh, I want to know what happens next!
Oh, and I DON'T like Nabkin at all. I wonder what her true identity and purpose is?

baboysai
April 12, 2008, 04:57 AM
you have access to ch33??? :wtf or are those raws?
[hr]
Ah, gomen, I didn't notice there already was a release :sweatdrop

I'll take a look-see.>.>
[hr]
Nami-san, shout please?

miyavisoap
April 12, 2008, 06:35 AM
now let's see what happens in chpaters 17 and 18!!!

in chapter 17, back at her house, soah dreams about Su-Guk (literally "Water Country," where Mui is) but can't remember anything about it. and there is a hottie (sorry) knocking soah's room's door and he is called Dong-Young. he is kind of a boyfriend of Soah and they hug each other and stuff. BUT!!! Mui is looking at their love-love scene quietly!!! he is so much hotter than the other guy!!!! (sorry again) and yea, that's about it.
in chapter 18, there's Habeak and his mother arguing cuz that mom is cruel and evil. and in our world, bunch of men come to get soah and sacrifice her again because it wasnt raining for awhile. however, when they are about to kill her, it rains!!! guess who did that? duhhh Mui!! XD

omg, it is so hard to summerize without pictures lol

and im working on chapter 34. sorry for the delay =[

baboysai
April 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
gambare, miyavi-san!

the story's getting good!

what did you all think about c 33? I have a question though. The last frame where the flying bird reported to a woman, that woman was Habaek's mom, wasn't she?

Mookie
April 13, 2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah that's his mom. Also the same one who made a bet that Soah won't remember Mui when she came back to the human world.

Anyway this series has me hooked through every page. The coloured artwork is so gorgeous @_@ I wanna steal her skillz. Also with this I feel the whole doki-doki syndrome (aka Fangirling). The tension is so unbearable, lol.

Can't wait for the next chapter now.

baboysai
April 13, 2008, 08:27 PM
I think though, that mui's mom has his best interest at heart. I mean, I think she's really doing it all for her son.

Mookie
April 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
It isn't that clear yet, cause she sounded like she was scheming to get Soah and Mui together but at the same time she spies and agitates her son. Not to mention that dodgy conversation with the doctor...

emma.says
April 19, 2008, 05:54 PM
hello i'm new here...nice to meet you though i've been reading bride of the water god for quite some time XD
ahh...now i get some of the stuff that happened/going on since i read the spoiler things
i still have some questions though ill ask them once chapters 16-18 are out
can't wait until the next chapter is out

miyavisoap
April 29, 2008, 10:34 PM
haha... emma-san, the next chapter is like... yea... lots of talking...
it is taking forever for me to translate... but it's really interesting.
i can't wait til i finish the translating and post it!!!
[hr]
the first half of chapter 34 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=846595#post846595) is out! it is amazingly interesting. i cant wait til volume 6!!!

baboysai
May 16, 2008, 05:58 AM
woot! Thanks miyavi-san!!! I can't wait till the rest of the chapter comes out. :wtf lie. Actually I can. :p
[hr]
so? what did everyone think of the new chapters?
[hr]
I think that Mui doesn't wanna tell soah who he really is until he breaks his curse. But it's so sad to see Soah torn inside, because she tries not to love him, because she thinks she should be loyal to Habaek. :scry

And so it turns out that the so-called Nakbin isn't really her, huh?

I have a suspicion about the destiny Mui wanted to break though. I think he wanted the red thread to be broken between him and Nakbin (even if she's already dead) so that he can already move on.

And a new character has come up! what do you guys think of him? And what does he have on Hooye that Hooye would even (almost) betray Habaek for? hmm..

emma.says
May 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
thanks for chap 34-36 well he was kinda new because he kinda appeared in previous chapters just in different forms
i was confused though when like that one old god told mui about his destined one...was he talking about soah or nakbin when he said the one you are thinking of is not your destined one...
at first i thought it was nakbin (and soah was then his destined one) but then later in chap34 he was all pissed that soah was with hooye and like went to like "save her"...but then i guess after reading baboysai's post...i guess it was nakbin that he was destined to be with... :D whoops .
and so "nakbin" isn't really nakbin? GAH now i want more XD
thanks again for the chapters :p

baboysai
May 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
you guys, I'm in the process of DL-ing the whole volume 3, so I have yet to find out who is responsible for scanlating 16-18. Thanks anyway! :nuts <-- yes, it means, it's out.

chiresakura
May 27, 2008, 06:27 PM
You can pick up just chapters 16-18 from RC-Scans: http://myeternalsunshine.net/rc-scans/

AceArtemis7
May 28, 2008, 03:12 PM
wowowowowowow, its getting so good... volume 6!!!...T_T *wants know to know what happens next, wants to know now - impatient*

such a cliffhanger, that's not fair :(

is this manga being released from a magazine? o.O

baboysai
May 29, 2008, 02:17 AM
you've read volume 6? :o

narcissus_hime
May 31, 2008, 10:26 AM
oah really could you please post the summary of vol 6 here :X :D :D :D

heartless156
May 31, 2008, 09:04 PM
hi everyone, can someone please show me/ tell me how to download from RC-SCAN... PLEASE... I'm getting a bit upset now because I've read a few here and over there and they said Chapter 16-18 are already out, but WHERE the HECK do I go to download it?/ or read it??

eni
June 01, 2008, 09:20 AM
You can download all scanlated volumes here:
http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/282

:)

Nami
June 02, 2008, 09:34 AM
hi everyone, can someone please show me/ tell me how to download from RC-SCAN... PLEASE... I'm getting a bit upset now because I've read a few here and over there and they said Chapter 16-18 are already out, but WHERE the HECK do I go to download it?/ or read it??

@ Heartless, or you can try it at their Dropped Projects listing here (http://myeternalsunshine.net/Projects/dropped/The_Bride_Of_The_Water_God/). This 3 chapters really bridge the gap between vol. 3 & 4. I like how the way he makes fun of her :p

And now, the search for Vol. 6 raw is on! p.s. who has it?

baboysai
June 08, 2008, 12:10 AM
what does this extra from Vol 5 reveal? Does it add anything to the plot? Can't dl it right now that's why i'm asking :shakefist

miyavisoap
June 09, 2008, 07:36 PM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/urahara_lover/23d262df0ba022bb707b9991d2459905.jpg
OMG PPL!!!!
BoWG Volume 6 is out!!!
im trying my best to get the scan asap...
but since it just came out it might take a little while...=[
im probably going to be translating over the summer if we get the scan =]

baboysai
June 11, 2008, 06:41 AM
woot! :fangirl go miyavi-san! I can wait patiently ^^

miyavisoap
June 11, 2008, 07:23 PM
haha. not everybody can wait patiently, baboysai..... well, at least i cant lol
[hr]
i also heard that BoWG is going to be made into a tv show in korea.
nothing is certain yet except for the fact the it is going to be made in to a show.
but hopefully it will come out soon =]

baboysai
June 11, 2008, 10:35 PM
Hmm.. that's actually hard to do... like, the water kingdom alone needs so much work to produce >.< Can you post links of the news, miyavi-san?

Nami
June 11, 2008, 11:17 PM
i also heard that BoWG is going to be made into a tv show in korea.

OMG!! That's really good news!! I hope it's as epic as those recent ancient korean series i saw. It's indeed something to look forward to. :D

miyavisoap
June 12, 2008, 05:35 PM
haha "those recent ancient korean series...." yes, it is going to be super epic i bet lol.

and the news are in korean and i dont think u will be able to understand it, baboysai san =]

kazekage13
June 15, 2008, 02:35 AM
I found some raw scans for volume 6.
I can't read Korean though, but I think I got the gist of what was happening.

baboysai
June 15, 2008, 06:04 AM
care to divulge, kaze-san? ^^

miyavisoap
June 15, 2008, 09:52 PM
omggggggggg kaze san, u found the raws for volume 6???????
if u dont mind, would u kindly send them to me or chiresakura san?
we better get started on the translating!!! =]]]]
im super hyper/exciteddd!!!
[hr]
holy crapppp guess what, kaze san and everybody else?
i just found the full raws for volume 6!
yay! im excited cuz i can read korean!!!
im downloading them right now and will post them later cuz i gotta go to sleep lol

baboysai
June 16, 2008, 12:27 AM
your excitement is overflowing, hehe. How cute. ^^

chiresakura
June 16, 2008, 04:40 PM
Is the raw of Vol 6 that you have the one with the giant flower all over it?

For the record - these are the links I came across on the Soompi forum:

http://www.usaupload.net/d/g0ovfol0s70
http://www.badongo.com/file/9894447

miyavisoap
June 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
yes baboysai san, im obsessed lol.

and chiresakura san, idk if ur raws r same as mine but this is the link for mine

SENDSPACE (http://www.sendspace.com/file/94lznj)

chiresakura
June 16, 2008, 10:20 PM
Yup, those have red flowers on them too. I guess we'll get started with these and then hope for the HQ raws later.

miyavisoap - Where did you find that cover for Volume 6? It wasn't in the raw you posted.

miyavisoap
June 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
oh the cover... uhhh... hmmm... oh yeah now i remember!!!
i found it in this korean site of the manhwa magazine called Wink.

kagomesirene
July 02, 2008, 07:19 AM
do you know when the next vol is going to be released...i have the vol 6 raws and altough i don`t speak korean i would like to get vol 7 asap >.<

Nami
July 02, 2008, 10:40 AM
My guess is another 2 months? Volume 6 is just released recently.
What's your guess on what is happening in Vol. 6? I can't read korean too and felt that this volume shows a number of 'love triangle' situations, everybody seems to like anybody else, things are getting really really complicated now. :amuse

miyavisoap
July 08, 2008, 11:22 PM
yeah it's gonna take awhile for vol 7 to come out =/
and im in korea right now and it's great! (just for summer)
well there's manhwas and mangas overflowing!!! lol
im buying the BoWG Diary and it's absolutely adorable!!!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/urahara_lover/86278546.jpg

↑↑↑↑ that's the diary and im sorry for those of you who cant read korean... =[

baboysai
July 09, 2008, 01:48 AM
I still feel that it's too painful that Soah is torn between two loves, and she doesn't realize they're the same guy! But kyaaaaa, after chapter 37 I can't wait to see what her reaction will be....

Please don't make her too dense not to realize :notrust

eni
July 09, 2008, 02:01 AM
I won't bug the scanlators, I won't bug the scanlators, I won't bug the scanlators...

AAAAH... I can't help it! Give me mooooooooore! The RAW all alone doesn't satisfied :scry

sylvira
July 09, 2008, 01:52 PM
I love the art and the plot and the whole epic feel, but geez do I feel sorry for Soah.

She's getting thrown around like a rag-doll. >___<

baboysai
August 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
I hope you got the latest chapter of Water God, guys! ch 39.

of course, thanks to the scanlators for this one again!

Anyway, i just wanted to know if you guys thought the same.

So the god of the wind, in the end, still worked for the emperor?

And the true villain of the story will be the emperor right?

okay edited it, sorry. ^^

sylvira
September 06, 2008, 08:52 PM
I have to agree with you, it certainly seems that the villain is actually the emperor. And just for people who don't want to get spoiled, please put spoilers under a cut? Just saying. :X

slawra
September 17, 2008, 10:21 PM
I love this story!! Does anyone know when the next chapter will be released? I just cant Wait:D

baboysai
September 18, 2008, 02:06 PM
right. so the next chapter was already released (chapter 40).

Please look at the shout box on top of the page. ^^ or go directly here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39232

miyavisoap
September 18, 2008, 08:55 PM
hahahaha did you know that i scanned chapter 40???
i was so hyper when the thread was posted and i was just like, yes!!! i scanned somethin!!!!! :xp

belldandi
September 19, 2008, 07:56 PM
Question about Ch 40, pg 23...
So Soah says she saw scars on the person's hand... I can't remember enough of the story at this point, but would that be Banwang from the altercation at the night market? I can't remember any other instance of someone getting hurt that would mark them.

Observation on Tae Ul Jin In:
So black feathers signify the emperor. Did anyone notice a while back how Tae had white feathers/wings on his inner robe? I'm wondering if they aren't somehow related, or at least if the good doctor isn't a whole lot more important that what he appears to be so far. It's interesting that he's been around to intervene on Soah's behalf a couple different times now, when no one else even suspected something was going on.

descendant
September 19, 2008, 11:48 PM
hahahaha did you know that i scanned chapter 40???
i was so hyper when the thread was posted and i was just like, yes!!! i scanned somethin!!!!! :xp

thank you so much for your hardwork m(_ _)m :kissbunny

chiresakura
September 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
I just wanted to post here, too, that we're looking for new translators now that sweetsmile has decided to take a break. Please PM me if you're interested or if you know of someone who might be. The more help we get, the faster we will release ;)

@belldandi
My read on the last few pages of chapter 40 was that Tae Ul Jin In had scars on his hand, which means he was the one who had tried to abduct her.

Also, I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure we've seen feathers flying all over the place. Back in Volume 4 (I think), TUJI drugs chibi-Habaek with something, and there were black feathers. I'll have to check for more instances, though. Now you've got me wondering if they're significant :P

miyavisoap
September 25, 2008, 05:28 PM
Bride of the Water God vol. 7 is out!!!
This volume is mostly about Nakbin, Soah, and Habeak's past.
It is quite interesting and ill try to get the RAWS as soon as possible :xp
Here's the cover:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/urahara_lover/39da19c928aa039682accd40091ef0ed.jpg

eni
September 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
Gah, I could die for this art :nosebleed

Thanks a lot for the scan. It's gorgeous. Absolutely and totally GORGEOUS!

miyavisoap
September 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
omg, i know!!!
just look at his face!!!
gosh, i bet the author isn't a human being lol

bub274
October 01, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone, just started to read Bride of the Water God about two days ago and I have already read it twice...hehe. Thank you so much for the scanlations!! The story is fantastic and the art is gorgous!!

I wish Mui/Habeak would just tell her that he is a child during the day! It would make Soah feel so much better.

Do we know why he turns into a child at night? In the flashback pictures of Mui/Hakeak, he seems to be an adult during the day. Just thought I may have miss the reason.

Thank you so much again!!!!:D

chiresakura
October 01, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hey hey miyavisoap! The hunt for raws is ON! Keep your fingers crossed for a nice HQ scan by garden666 :amuse

@bub: I agree, and no, we don't know :darn

miyavisoap
October 01, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hey hey miyavisoap! The hunt for raws is ON! Keep your fingers crossed for a nice HQ scan by garden666 :amuse
Yay!!! ill keep my fingers crossed even while im sleeping!!! :xp

chiresakura
October 04, 2008, 06:38 PM
Ooooh looks like it's already on eMule. That was fast!! Does somebody with a higher eMule ranking than me want to try downloading it? I'm #307 in line >_>

heidi
October 05, 2008, 06:03 AM
This's here ^^

water god 07_up by me (http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3imigdmumy/water god 07_up by Gabri.rar)

and chap 47->49 of vol 7 from 一件小马甲 ( BillWang forum ) , just for translators
^^

upload by me
feel free to use ^_^

chiresakura
October 05, 2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks much! And where did you get the ch 47-49 raws from? They look like magazine scans, but they're pretty nice quality. Who would I credit for those?

miyavisoap
October 05, 2008, 10:00 AM
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

shinobi
October 21, 2008, 04:10 PM
I started reading this awesome manhwa recently and finished reading to chapter 43 in a couple of days!:whoo the story is great and the art is amazing :nuts

Q: can someone tell me what is the last chapter released/translated/scanlated? can't find chapter 44 :(

Nami
October 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
Chapter 44 is not out yet since 43 is just out recently. Gawhhhh...this is a terrible cliffhanger!!!! I NEED the raws :oh

eni
October 22, 2008, 11:35 AM
Pass them to me once you get a hand on them :oh

Gah! :shakefist

Am I the only one who needs to re-read the last chapter always when a new one comes out? I don't need to do that with many ongoing series but I lose ties to this one very fast in a month.

rukiarei
October 24, 2008, 01:35 AM
thanks for the raws!:) can't wait for chapter 44..argh such a cliffhanger:darn i absolutely loathe the other girl:mad but i guess Mui and Soah still have a long way to go to have a happy ever after...just hope it will end that way..

ruu
November 01, 2008, 07:27 PM
Guess what guys!!
Its been announced that Dark Horse will finally be resuming BOTWG!!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?t=14024

Vol 3 & 4 will be release next year in 2009.
Please support them if you love the art!!

Nami
November 02, 2008, 10:21 AM
What? You mean darkhorse actually stop the publication?? No wonder, I've been waitiing for ages for the 3rd volume and ended up buying the chinese tanks. It's good news that they are resuming considering the last book came out early this year. :)

segua
November 05, 2008, 01:47 AM
Wow, I should get back into reading this one. Things probably developed into an interesting plot since I last read it.

eni
November 05, 2008, 03:04 AM
Interesting? The plot yes, the art even more :love

segua
November 05, 2008, 12:10 PM
The art kind of reminds me of Superior. Though it's been awhile since I last read Bride of the Water God anyway.

NotTekk
November 10, 2008, 10:50 PM
GAHHHhhhh OMG! Chapter 58 is soooo good. I would scan in the Wink issues I have, but they're bound like books and not stapled like Young Champ and they publish the books pretty fast once they compile enough chapters. Ahhh squeeal!

br4nd0nh347
November 15, 2008, 09:57 AM
This is ridiculous, Soah should just die. She gets tortured wherever she goes, and then gets blamed for it, wtf is that? Horrible cliffhanger that I feel will get worst in the next chapter. I can see it now the next chapter she wakes up and at the end of it she meets Nakbin and Habaek, but she will be with the emperor somehow.

GAHHHhhhh OMG! Chapter 58 is soooo good. I would scan in the Wink issues I have, but they're bound like books and not stapled like Young Champ and they publish the books pretty fast once they compile enough chapters. Ahhh squeeal!

Don't worry we don't care :)

baboysai
November 15, 2008, 10:23 AM
I actually thought it was a pretty good development. :oh

because finally, habaek will realize he actually misses Soah. :woot

NotTekk
November 15, 2008, 10:38 PM
Don't worry we don't care :)

And when the scans reach that chapter, I'll be sure you to make you reread what you wrote. I'm simply trying to get people excited about what's coming up. You don't need to be an ass.

baboysai
November 16, 2008, 02:47 AM
well I'm sure we'd all love some good quality print, especially for such beautiful art as this manwha :wtf

it's hard to appreciate if it doesn't come by at all in your area like ours, and scans are the next best thing. That's why I'd really like to thank the scanlators for that :worship

manjiXrin
November 16, 2008, 10:17 PM
Guess what guys!!
Its been announced that Dark Horse will finally be resuming BOTWG!!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?t=14024

Vol 3 & 4 will be release next year in 2009.
Please support them if you love the art!!

What? You mean darkhorse actually stop the publication?? No wonder, I've been waitiing for ages for the 3rd volume and ended up buying the chinese tanks. It's good news that they are resuming considering the last book came out early this year. :)
Hmm.. Dark Horse seems to always be doing strange things to foreign series they release. :notrust The ones that I read anyway.

chiresakura
November 18, 2008, 07:26 AM
Not to sound ungrateful, but the Volume 7 raws on eMule (and thus every other raw site) have black blobs on every page. If anyone finds other tank scans or even magazine scans, could you please give me a holler? I'm looking for Wink chapter 48 onwards.

In addition, once we finish Volume 7, I'd be willing to continue with the unbound magazine scans if a raw provider could be found. We can cross that bridge when we get to it, though, and Teqq is right in that the Korean tanks are released fairly quickly compared to other series and countries ;)

miyavisoap
November 18, 2008, 01:38 PM
well,,, i know lots of korean download sites but bowg isnt so fst on being uploaded.. so idk... i'll look for it and see what i get =]

mimi-chan
November 18, 2008, 06:53 PM
For those wondering where to find the Volume 7 raws, it's in http://kiligaris.livejournal.com/. But like what Chiresakura said, the pages have small black blobs on them. It's not so bad though, the speech bubbles are still read-able. :)

NotTekk
November 19, 2008, 06:44 AM
Ah. Well, I have to practice unbinding the magazines, then. I'll scan my v7 this weekend, sometime. I have to go download your scanlation to see from what page you need it to start.

chiresakura
November 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
That'd be awesome, Teqq, thanks ^_^

The last page of Wink chapter 47 was chibi-Habaek standing on a dragon in front of Nakbin. The first page of Wink chapter 48 is the Emperor sitting with a long pipe with a masked person behind him. The bottom third of the page is black. Hope that helps!

NotTekk
November 25, 2008, 01:14 AM
This is for chiresakura (ch48 raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?kl5xeamakek

300dpi scan. Let me know if you want me to tweak anything. As a warning: while pulling apart the pages of the book, many were glued to the adjoining page so have parts of the page closest to the spine on the next page.

H.Cullen
November 25, 2008, 03:04 AM
I absolutely love this manga!! It really makes me want to learn korean and fast!!

chiresakura
November 25, 2008, 07:06 AM
Teqq! These are beautiful!! Thank you thank you thank you!
:kissbunny:kissbunny:kissbunny

NotTekk
November 26, 2008, 08:26 AM
This is for chiresakura (ch49 raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?wiyjwmdvmjx

H.Cullen
November 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for uploading vol 7!! I just have a few questions and hopefully somebody can help me out!!

Have they actually gone back to the pass? As I dont recognize the water god or Soah at all? Is Soah that little girl with plait?

sylvira
November 26, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks Teqq, for the raws!

NotTekk
November 29, 2008, 09:31 AM
Stupid automerging... the first half of this is in reference to the previous post.

Have they actually gone back to the pass? As I dont recognize the water god or Soah at all? Is Soah that little girl with plait?

Yes, that part is in the past. The little girl is Nakbin.

[hr]

This is a separate post of mine meant for chiresakura:

This is for chiresakura (ch50 raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?mn4yzym44lf
(ch51 raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?izzht3ld2iu
(ch52 raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?zgyuwjmjqam
(ch53 raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?j2jttmyekjy
(ch54+extra raw): http://www.mediafire.com/?mocikmhkmkt
[hr]
Okay, I'm done with volume 7. Forcing the thread to update with this post that'll be auto-merged in.

chiresakura
December 06, 2008, 12:33 AM
Teqq, these raws really are fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
[hr]
I've always avoided doing this as a "group", so for now on I'm just going to post releases in this thread (if that's ok with the mods).

The scanlation chapter numbers are 2 behind Wink, so I've divided this chapter into two separate releases so we can catch back up. What does this mean to you? Don't worry if they seem really short. You're not missing a thing ;)

Everyone can thank Teqq for the fantastic quality and ricepaper for the translation ^_^.

Chapter 46 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch46.zip)
Chapter 47 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch47.zip)

br4nd0nh347
December 06, 2008, 02:36 AM
And when the scans reach that chapter, I'll be sure you to make you reread what you wrote. I'm simply trying to get people excited about what's coming up. You don't need to be an ass.

LOL I'm sorry I think you misinterpreted what I said.

The post said that they were binded, and I replied by saying we don't care.
Meaning we don't care that they are binded. (not that we don't care about the chapters) Sorry I should've said it better.

Anyways thanks for linking 46-47, I couldn't find it for squat.

shuyiin
December 06, 2008, 04:04 AM
Ah, thanks again for the great work on this manhwa.
Deeply appreciated

mesmerize
December 06, 2008, 04:39 AM
Wow! Two releases. Thank you!

nounoune
December 06, 2008, 04:40 AM
i really like this manga even though was a bit surprised by the art because manwha was unknown from me but with the story and the characters its so perfect and i would like to thank all the scanlators for all the work they have done for this project

sylvira
December 06, 2008, 05:05 PM
Time for a trip down memory lane, huh. I can't wait to see the rest of it and understand what really happened back then.

Thank you Chiresakura, Teqq, and Ricepaper for the releases!

Halvir
December 08, 2008, 09:25 AM
Thank you!!!! You are simply the best! I love your scans and adore this manhwa!

Misury
December 16, 2008, 06:43 AM
Oh my, what luck that this was featured.. i really wanted some nice love story to read.
:)

miyavisoap
December 16, 2008, 09:54 AM
nyaa, i cant wait til volume 8 comes outt. it's just too painful to wait!
and im too poor to pay and read Wink online >.> (and too lazyy)...

chiresakura
December 21, 2008, 06:55 PM
This chapter was also divided into 2 releases so that now the scanlation chapter numbers match Wink's chapter numbers. Yay!

What does that mean to you? It means you shouldn't worry if the chapters seem short because you're not missing a thing!

Also, Water God tanks release every 3 months or so, so expect the next volume in January. Hopefully, we'll be finished with Volume 7 by then so we can start right away :D

Chapter 48 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch48.zip)
Chapter 49 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch49.zip)

PS - YAY featured series of the week!!

lireah
December 21, 2008, 09:52 PM
yahhh!!! thank you for the chapters and thanks for scanlating!! beautiful as ever!!!

NotTekk
December 22, 2008, 10:42 AM
Should add it as an actual scanlation to update that series' page.

tian82
December 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
Another new chapter !!Thank you to Chiresakura-san !!!

kanamiko
December 22, 2008, 02:44 PM
thank u so much ^^

eni
December 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
Should add it as an actual scanlation to update that series' page.
Hm, chiresakura wants to keep it within this thread since the series is licensed. That's why we didn't added them to the database. You can only add series when the scanlator gives permission first.

NotTekk
December 22, 2008, 03:12 PM
Then maybe clear the ones associated with the series? It gives this weird impression that no updates were made even though MU was updated saying there was a release.

eni
December 22, 2008, 03:37 PM
The new system is still beta and far from being perfect. It was created with the typical weekly/monthly scanlation situation in mind (raw upload, translation, scanlation). In this case, we can't clear it completely since translations and scanlations are counted separately when it's posted by individual members. The scanlator doesn't allow the upload but the translator still has the right to publish her scripts.

Hm, let's see...

Chapters at MH: 4
Releases at MH: 0

The "Chapters" are miya's translations. Scanlations would be "Releases". I think it wouldn't be necessary to clear the translations, just the term is misleading. A translation isn't really an update and our database only reflects what's in our system not generally like MU. You could also upload the Raws and they would count as (Japanese Korean) "Releases" because the system only differs by language for the scans.

Still a little weird. I'm not sure how we could improve that for a series situation like this aside from renaming the "Chapters at MH" part *thinks*

AceArtemis7
December 22, 2008, 03:56 PM
TY so much for the release Chiresakura!

<3!

NotTekk
December 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
No Korean language love, eni? =P

eni
December 22, 2008, 04:50 PM
Oh crap, yes sorry. Making this mistake as a Korean language student is actually quite embarrassing :XD

NotTekk
December 22, 2008, 09:48 PM
I am teasing. Keep it up chire. I think the next volume will be compiled in February. December 15th had chapter 60 and January 1st had a short color page special.

chiresakura
December 25, 2008, 12:22 AM
And here is Chapter 50! Thanks to Teqq for the gorgeous raws and to ricepaper for the fantastic translation ^_^

Happy holidays to everyone!!

Chapter 50 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch50.zip)

sylvira
December 25, 2008, 05:22 AM
The speed at which you continue to crank out these high quality releases impresses me a lot. Keep up the great work chiresakura!

nalid
January 04, 2009, 05:08 PM
i just wanted to thank chiresakura, Teqq and ricepaper for making it possible for me to enjoy The Bride of the Water God, so i registered like 5 minutes ago:) Sooo, THANK YOU chiresakura, Teqq and ricepaper!!

and hello everyone :)

miyavisoap
January 04, 2009, 06:40 PM
omg, the translation is so fastt. u guys are already on ch. 50?!
dammn, well, i heard that volume 8 is coming out sometime this month!
so im just looking forward for that :amuse

and hey chire-san, i havent talk to u for a while :darn

chiresakura
January 14, 2009, 08:05 AM
Here's Chapter 51. Now that the holidays are over, I'll try picking up the pace so we can catch up. Teqq tells me that the latest Wink chapter is simply awesome, so now I'm on a mission ;)

Download Chapter 51 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch51.zip)

@miyavisoap: How are you doing lately? Hope you had a good winter break ^^

br4nd0nh347
January 14, 2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for Chapter 51,
Great chapter. Can't say anything more than that, and this Mo Rang girl..... hmm.

Mierten
January 14, 2009, 02:51 PM
Somehow I missed Chapter 45. Is it missing?
M

takx
January 14, 2009, 07:22 PM
Somehow I missed Chapter 45. Is it missing?
M

No, it's not missing ^^;;

I'm not sure why it isn't showing up in the search o.o;;

But here is the thread where chapter 45 is --> here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43603) <-- I just post stalked ChireSakura :XD

@ChireSakura: Thank you for the new releases! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to buy volume 3 & 4 and to read the next chapter! *q*b

AceArtemis7
January 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
ahhh Thanks for chp 51 Chire :D keep up the good work ;)

adenade
January 15, 2009, 05:22 AM
Thank you for the new chapter! (:

^Lee^
January 15, 2009, 06:31 AM
Thank you so much for chapter 51. <3

tian82
January 16, 2009, 01:36 AM
Thank again for another chapter

baboysai
January 25, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'm so sad for soah... :scry

when is mui ever going to tell her the truth? no wait, mui lost his memory -_-; Honestly at this moment I don't care about Nakbin's back story (because she's such a b_tch and everything :scry) Me want more soah!

How do you guys think Mui'll regain his memory?

chiresakura
January 27, 2009, 08:28 PM
Translation by ricepaper, raws from Teqq <3

Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/series/brideofthewatergod)

Chapter 52 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch52.zip)

Chapter 53 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch53.zip)

kikit1994
January 28, 2009, 01:07 AM
thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loki4ever
January 28, 2009, 01:10 AM
Thank you for new chapters...

somniel
January 28, 2009, 02:05 AM
I can't decide; either Mui's mother gets angry and gets busy (she is basically the goddess of butt-kicking, among other things, yes?), or Soah somehow causes him to regain his memory.

Whatever happens, I'm fairly certain a good deal of righteous anger will be involved. That Emperor in the mask guy had better have some serious solo power, because he picked a whole rodeo of fight (and enrage enough bulls, there just can't be enough dudes on his side [to stretch the metaphor...]).

^Lee^
January 28, 2009, 06:20 AM
TWO new chapters! Thank you so much! :D

chiresakura
January 28, 2009, 07:39 AM
I can't decide; either Mui's mother gets angry and gets busy (she is basically the goddess of butt-kicking, among other things, yes?)....

ROFL

I forgot that she was a pretty wicked goddess despite all her maternal instinct :P

Personally, I'm wondering if Mura would go so far as to really help Nakbin drug Habaek. Yeah, Mura is a shady character, but I think on the Mura's-bitter-resentment-scale, Soah is a 7 and Nakbin is a 10.

NotTekk
January 28, 2009, 10:14 AM
heh, well, let's take an informal poll ... do people want to wait and savor the scanlations or be spoiled by summaries?

Nami
January 28, 2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks so much Chiresakura & Teqq, you just make me a really happy girl today!! :occa

heh, well, let's take an informal poll ... do people want to wait and savor the scanlations or be spoiled by summaries?

Oh! If you are putting up a summary, please put a major spoiler tag for iit, or either that you can give a vague paragraph and make us yearn for more! Even with the summaries, nothing beats looking at the artwork. :amuse

p.s. for those members who are new, there's also a 'thanks' button (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16603) you can use to thank Chire & her wonderful team. ^^

baboysai
January 29, 2009, 12:54 PM
hey waaaaaiiiit i'm really confused :confused

regarding ch52, how did Habaek's "mom" become his mom? :shakefist Is there some korean mythology to this I don't know about?

NotTekk
January 29, 2009, 03:25 PM
...what are you talking about... are you confused by

her saying he's not mine? She just meant he's not some inanimate object that belongs to someone, he's his own being and he isn't "owned" by someone else.

Or did you really want to know how a goddess gives birth to another god?

baboysai
January 29, 2009, 04:03 PM
well because I thought that the priestess (i forget their names -_-;), because she wanted to be with Habaek so badly, she actually made herself his mother. But that's not what happened right? :sweatdrop I'm very confused with the turn of events :shakefist

chiresakura
January 29, 2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah, this series can be confusing with its flashbacks. I keep meaning to go back and reread everything all at once.

My interpretation was that Suh Wang Mo isn't Habaek's real mother, but more like an adopted mother. I could be wrong. And I think there's a bit of foreshadowing in the way she says "at the least, this child must be happy." Either way, this volume was the first time we've seen any information about young Habaek and Wang Mo, so I don't think we're *supposed* to understand everything yet.

goal
January 30, 2009, 07:33 AM
Which website do i go to to reasd this manga?

baboysai
January 30, 2009, 09:06 AM
hey goal! you can see the links all over the thread, as posted by the scanlators themselves. If you want to download them. Mangatraders also distributes this manga.

Onemanga stopped hosting it.

NotTekk
January 30, 2009, 10:15 AM
Um..... what? Which priestess? Ah, just nevermind. I'm going to wait.
[hr]

Yeah, this series can be confusing with its flashbacks. I keep meaning to go back and reread everything all at once.

My interpretation was that Suh Wang Mo isn't Habaek's real mother, but more like an adopted mother. I could be wrong. And I think there's a bit of foreshadowing in the way she says "at the least, this child must be happy." Either way, this volume was the first time we've seen any information about young Habaek and Wang Mo, so I don't think we're *supposed* to understand everything yet.

I must have skimmed the parts that got people so confused.

chiresakura
February 16, 2009, 11:00 PM
Here is the last chapter in Volume 7. Thanks to ricepaper for her fantastic translation ^^

Still no sign of Volume 8, so we might release chapter 55 from a magazine raw instead...

Chapter 54 Download (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol07_Ch54.zip)

nycmango
February 17, 2009, 12:29 AM
Here is the last chapter in Volume 7. Thanks to ricepaper for her fantastic translation ^^

Still no sign of Volume 8, so we might release chapter 55 from a magazine raw instead...

Thanks :) somehow I really didn't like volume 7 all that much because the whole thing was a flash back and it confused me even more about where the story is trying to go. I hope vol 8 will clarify some things for me ^_^ Looking foward to the next chapter!

baboysai
February 17, 2009, 01:47 AM
it was very confusing, i agree, nyc, but I think it'll all clear up with the next volume. Either that, or we simply forget about the flashbacks, move on to the present and get distracted with it, and remember the flashbacks only when the time arises :XD

shinobi
February 19, 2009, 03:40 PM
Great idea !! I got a little bored with all the flashbacks, I'll appreciate moving on to the present time, I want the story to move forward.

chiresakura
March 09, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'm starting to like the flashbacks. Hooye is becoming immensely more interesting to me.

We did Chapter 55 using mag scans, but we'll probably wait for the tank to do the rest. Thanks to ricepaper for the translation!

Chapter 55 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch55.zip)

EDIT: Fixed the DDL link. Sorry >_<

yuna37
March 09, 2009, 11:52 PM
Wow, what an interesting chapter! I can't believe who Hooye and Nabkin's father is! I didn't see that one coming. This story has so many twists and turns, I hope I'll be able to keep everything straight.

shuyiin
March 18, 2009, 02:13 AM
Thanks for all the releases "]
The story is getting more interesting

slawra
April 03, 2009, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to say that I love this series. Thanks for scanlating!!
Hope the next chapter will come out soon.

heidi
April 04, 2009, 11:21 AM
Water God Vol 8 DOWNLOAD HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmifyntmozn)

Source : emule
Scan : Good Heart
Upload : me - Gabby

Enjoy you guys ^,^

grc733
April 05, 2009, 01:00 PM
I can't open it !!!!! help please!

ZoeBaby
April 07, 2009, 03:20 PM
Note: chapter 55 DDL is down. but thanks nevertheless! :D

lireah
April 07, 2009, 04:17 PM
What are you trying to open? if it's a zip file like the volume 8 is, then use winrar or 7-zip and extract the files.

chiresakura
April 08, 2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the raw! :jbya

I fixed the download for ch 55. Sorry about that, the servers got shuffled around and one of the files didn't make the switch :P

And now for the release...
Looks like the flashbacks are done...?

Download Chapter 56 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch56.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/337/56)

manjiXrin
April 09, 2009, 09:21 PM
And now for the release...
Looks like the flashbacks are done...?
I hope so! D: (Some of the flashbacks were really interesting, but I do want to see Soah again.)
Anyway, I just finally caught up. It was getting so good!

emma.says
April 09, 2009, 11:48 PM
yea finally flashbacks done but im slowly getting the plot here
stupid question but im kinda slow and just checking to make sure:
its soah at the end right?
now i can't wait for the next chapter XD
thanks again XD

shuyiin
April 09, 2009, 11:54 PM
I agree, I liked how the flashbacks clarified some points of the story but I want to see more of Soah now. That's probably why I read the raws follwoing this volume.....

manjiXrin
April 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
^Thanks for mentioning the raws. 8D I noticed the vol. 8 download link on the previous page, but I didn't realize it had more chapters after chapter 56.

chiresakura
April 22, 2009, 09:10 PM
Someone really needs to color the opening pages of the chapters (especially this chapter's).

Download Chapter 57 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch57.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/337/57)

Actually, that's not just an idle suggestion. If any artists out there want to work ahead and color pages from future chapters, we'll include them with the release ^_^ Send me a PM!

br4nd0nh347
April 23, 2009, 03:35 PM
OMG that latest chapter is awesome, but I really hope everything gets settled quicker.

baboysai
April 23, 2009, 09:18 PM
at first I was confused because i thought it was still a flashback, so I was like "whoa, someone looks like soah in the past" :sweatdrop I forget why Habaek lost his memory. Hmm, maybe I should reread the whole thing again. :darn

manjiXrin
April 23, 2009, 09:36 PM
Yay! Another chapter! :3

silverhand31
April 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks for release!
But could someone repair the link from mangaupdats.com to this thread?
Its quite hard to me to find "Bride of the water god" :D
At last Soah met him , hope next chapter coming soon *^_^*

ruu
April 28, 2009, 05:54 PM
Omg have you guys seen the EN covers!!!
yay Dark Horse is back on BOTWG production
hehe

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/15/15677.jpg
May 09
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/15-677/Bride-of-the-Water-God-Volume-3-TPB
http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/15/15678.jpg
Sept 09
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/15-678/Bride-of-the-Water-God-Volume-4

lireah
April 28, 2009, 10:30 PM
lol, I had e-mailed them about that in early December last year. Here is what they sent me:
Hi _____,

Thanks for the Email!

I spoke with some of our people here at DHC and it sounds like that the next Bride of the Water God Manga is scheduled to be released sometime in late Spring '09. Keep your eyes open on our website for the specific release date.

Thanks for your interest in Dark Horse Comics.

Best,
Spencer
Dark Horse Comics, Inc.

baboysai
April 30, 2009, 10:21 AM
Awesome, you actually thought of emailing DH. ehehe.

BOTW is a very visually appealing manwha and it would really be great to own it or put it on your shelves. :p

@silverhand, hmm, I think it's more popularly known as Bride of The Water God though, as opposed to Habaek Euee Shinbu?

sleepycat
May 01, 2009, 04:54 PM
I really want to buy the series but I am wondering whether the translation and interpretation by DH is as good as the original language? I have bought a couple series, and Nana is one of them, where the words and interpretation that Viz used just turned me off. I haven't been buying past vol 7 cuz of it. So anyone has any idea? Actually I wouldn't mind buying it just for the artwork. :)

lireah
May 01, 2009, 05:03 PM
I know what you mean about the artwork. It's absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful and extremely detailed. I don't know much about the translations or interpretations, but you could visit a Barnes and Noble or other bookstore and look at the book before you buy. If they don't have, just ask to order. You don't have to buy if you order. I didn't buy any yet because I didn't want to buy a series that would stop...

manjiXrin
May 01, 2009, 09:54 PM
I really want to buy the series but I am wondering whether the translation and interpretation by DH is as good as the original language? I have bought a couple series, and Nana is one of them, where the words and interpretation that Viz used just turned me off. I haven't been buying past vol 7 cuz of it. So anyone has any idea? Actually I wouldn't mind buying it just for the artwork. :)
I have no idea if it's as good as the original language, but I personally believe DH does a great job on their translations (better than Viz & Tokyopop). And BotWG is not the only series I buy from DH. Maybe you should flip through the volumes if you see them at the bookstore to help with your decision.

chiresakura
May 01, 2009, 09:58 PM
I'm not in love with the DH font, but I do like the way they do their SFX. I also like the way that they kept the "-nim" suffix on names. All in all, they are beautiful volumes with good if not great translations.

But now on to the recent chapters: IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Chapter 58 Direct Download (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch58.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/337/58)

kikit1994
May 01, 2009, 11:46 PM
thank you so much you guys are the best ever THANK THANK YOU 100000000INFINTI.

yuecynster
May 01, 2009, 11:54 PM
The drawing is really beautiful, but the storyline sort of confuse me sometimes.

camaji
May 02, 2009, 01:03 AM
beautiful, beautiful people! Thanks so muck, especially during finals week wow! Anyway, this is a great story with great art =) also love the storyline!

silverhand31
May 02, 2009, 01:23 AM
Thank u a lot!

vampira
May 02, 2009, 02:05 AM
Love this manga:amuse. Thank you so much for your hard work :D

sagittarius_leo
May 02, 2009, 02:22 AM
thank you for the new chapter Chiresakura san

Halvir
May 02, 2009, 04:18 AM
Thank you soooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shuyiin
May 02, 2009, 06:29 AM
thanks again for the awesome work on the chapter!

sleepycat
May 02, 2009, 08:51 PM
Thank you for the input everyone. I had just place an order for volume 1 and I can't wait to read it. Wish I had kept the scanlated version so I can compare them though I will still love the artwork anyways. Especially the costumes, such beautiful details. IS there a way to find colored pictures for download or even a colored book/magazine for sale? Lately I've been reading lots of manhwa and I am loving it! I LOVE the artwork.

Tsukisama
May 02, 2009, 09:59 PM
Please use the "thanks" button to express gratitude over the content of a particular post. Reserve posting comments for actual expressions of opinion; for example, you could comment on the content of the chapters you enjoyed, thus generating a discussion on a topic. Posts simply containing gratitude is spam, and spam, even spam with good intentions, will be deleted.

As majority of the users who have done so are new users or users who just have extremely low post counts, your posts above this post will be allowed to remain, but this practice will not be so in the future.

milleu87
May 06, 2009, 01:09 AM
I have the first and second volume, and waiting for the third to decrease its price. I can only get it from kinokuniya here in malaysia and it's pretty expensive currently but the arts are sooo good and worthwhile to add it to the collection

sleepycat
May 09, 2009, 08:42 PM
So, is Hooye and Nakbin fully, 100% sibling. Not like they share the same father but different mother? Since his dad revive him, is he alive, alive? Or is he just a doll? I want to believe that he is alive cuz he seems to like Soah. But sometimes I think he does that only cuz his dad told him to.

baboysai
May 09, 2009, 10:46 PM
I personally think that Hooye is truly a friend of Habaek. Except that he loves Soah more, and this time he really wants her for herself. He thinks though, that Habaek will hurt Soah that's why he wants to keep her away from him. I dunno :darn

lireah
May 10, 2009, 09:45 AM
I think that Hooye and Nakbin are at least 50% siblings. I almost want to add Habeak as well, but we still don't know the relationship between Habeak and the Emperor.

Both Hooye and Nakbin would most probably be alive since they were revived by gods and not sorcerers or witches or necromancers. Also, they can think for themselves.

He does like Soah. That's pretty obvious when he tries to always help her and the comb. Also, he doesn't like her for his father because he didn't want to give her to the Emperor in one of the chapters.

I don't think we have seen Hooye around Nakbin since she had entered the water kingdom, which to me is strange. But, I vaguely remember a chapter when the Emperor talks about Nabkin not being dead to someone. I don't remember who, but it is either Hooye or the weird lion/dog flying person (not the wind guy).

I think that Hooye is a friend of Habaek because of the Emperor, but also a friend because of the betrayal. I don't know who loves Soah more, but Habaek is reluctant to admit is love while Hooye knows he cares for Soah. In the last couple chapters, it is visible that he thinks Habaek would hurt Soah, but that wasn't the case when they were in the water kingdom and Habaek had his memories. We also know that Hooye was ordered to be around Soah, so this was maybe an order by the emperor.

sleepycat
May 10, 2009, 03:18 PM
I don't think we have seen Hooye around Nakbin since she had entered the water kingdom, which to me is strange.

Ooh, I didn't notice that. That's a good observation cuz they are always together before the incident.

I wonder whether Hooye found out about Nakbin's promised to the Emperor. In one of the chapters, she said that she will do anything if the emperor revived Hooye. And maybe, just a big maybe, Hooye is trying to make Soah fall for him just so his sister can be with Habaek. I just find it strange that he is always there whenever Soah needed a friend.

I hope that he truly likes her and want to help her cuz then it would be so sad for Soah to have to go thru life in the underworld just as bad as life on earth.

10years
June 02, 2009, 10:35 AM
It's been a month since the last chapter (58) release! I can't wait for the next one.... XD

lireah
June 02, 2009, 06:07 PM
lol, they may be having some trouble getting it to us leechers especially since the summer is starting. Of course, I'm as eager as you to see what happens next.

To the post a long time ago...I wouldn't really call it an underworld because it's above the world...at least when they were on the boat house and all of the islands are floating in the air. Well, they are underwater, but it could be just a teleport going down that takes them above?!!! If that makes any sense.

10years
June 03, 2009, 04:42 AM
I'm agree with you, I think it's kind of like a teleport that takes them up to or above the sky...

I really want to know what happens so badly, I mean.... I really want Habaek to be together with the female main character (I forget her name).... Nakbin doesn't seem to be very nice in reality.... She seems to me that she only like manipulating Habaek.... What do you think? ;(

lireah
June 03, 2009, 02:37 PM
lol, i've been reading so many that sometimes i forget the names as well. the female main is Soah. No, Nakbin doesn't seem nice. I think that she lied that she didn't like him before she had "died." She didn't like only because she believed that Habaek had done something bad, which he didn't. Now that she Soah, she is a bit jealous and really shows that she is possessive by manipulating Habaek. If i remember correctly, she did drug him to make him forget soah.

I really, really want to know who Habaek was thinking of when the red string guy came.

chiresakura
June 03, 2009, 09:02 PM
It's been a month since the last chapter (58) release! I can't wait for the next one.... XD

I've been trying to stick to a 2 week schedule, but the past 2 months have been insane for me. I got most of chapter 59 done yesterday while I was stuck in an airport, so expect the release before the weekend. Thanks for being patient ;)

10years
June 03, 2009, 11:28 PM
@lireah: Wait a minute, so you think that Nakbin was lying about herself being not in love with Habaek before? I think she was telling the truth, it's just that she likes the feeling of possesing Habaek, that is why she wants him so badly now that Soah comes around.... and yes, jealousy arouses as well:madI reall don't like her....:darn:mad

@chiresakura: I'm so happy that you actually post something....:p at least now we (other leechers & me) know the scanlating (translating, editing, etc) progress of this fabulous and awesome manhwa!:tem:D thank you so much for all the hard work! Keep it up! LOL and I'm waiting for the next release, and the next one, and the one after that, and so on.... :p:D

lireah
June 04, 2009, 02:17 PM
Like 10years said, thank you for informing us and for all of your work chiresakura!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that she is lying because there was that one scene where the guy asks if she had fallen in love with him and she had said no. they further said that they were on a mission, which would give her reason to lie. Now that she is back, I think that she is possesive. I despise her as well, but I dislike the emperor even more.

The girl that had appeared in the last book, the one that can access the god realms, I think that she is going to play a large factor in the future. I almost hope that her and Hooye work things out. And then, Soah and Habaek works out as well. I personally hope that it was Soah that Habaek was thinking of and that he will change his destiny. Then I hope that they live happily, the emperor stops being an annoyance, the dog guy and nabkin are gone. That's just my fantasy ending.

10years
June 05, 2009, 10:13 AM
That's quite a good fantasy ending! ^^ :) ;)

Somehow I hate Hooye but also like him in the very same time, well probably because he said something like he doesn't actually really serve Habaek, he's just playing a part and will get revenge on Habaek one day....

I wonder why so many 'people' (more like Gods) hate Habaek or have hatred towards him so much and so badly.... But from what I read in a chapter or two (can't remember which one, but it's the one when he first met Nakbin and also the one when the girl -who now serve the emperor but used to be able to acsess the God's world as a mere human- saying that Habaek wants her to 'kill' Nakbin, so Nakbin can be with Habaek) it seems that Habaek was really such an egoistic person... and think so highly of himself.... That's why at times I don't reaolly like him too....

br4nd0nh347
June 05, 2009, 10:55 AM
I hate the emperor with a passion. Maybe because of the way he is written, but all he causes is trouble. How about uniting the land instead of being mischievous, I hope he dies, but that's not going to happen.

lireah
June 05, 2009, 01:37 PM
To 10years: I feel the same way about Hooye, but probably because he reacts so little to situtations (expressionless). I don't think that he really wants to get revenge because he could have done that so long ago. I believe he feels guilty for killing Nabkin, which was for Habaek's sake, but who was still Habaek's love at the time. However, I think that he tries to protect the things he care about (i.e. Soah). But, he still made a promise to the emperor, which he can't back out of.

The hatred to Habaek is definitely caused by the emperor. The emperor started the dream that Habaek ordered Nabkin to be killed, which was the dream sent to that girl that could access the god realms. That started the hatred of Nabkin and possible of Hooye to Habaek. I wouldn't really call Habaek egoistical (well he was before Nabkin "died"). More like he holds himself in. He does care for the people around him like giving Hooye a second chance, worrying about the girl god's reactions, and Soah with the rainbow when she came back from the human world. The reason I wouldn't like him is because of all of the confusion and misfortune that happens to him (i.e. the emperor, nabkin, hooye, love, trouble caused by the emperor, the mother).

to br4nd0nh347: I hate the emperor as well ( I probably already said that). In a way, I think that because he can't cause mischief on the world, he does it towards Habaek. I don't wish him to die because he obviously is emperor for a reason, but I hope that he finds something else to occupy his time with (i.e. love). yes, i'm in a way a romantic. I'm really starting to think that the emperor is either a brother or a father to Habaek, which would in a way explain why he does what he does to Habaek.

chiresakura
June 06, 2009, 08:08 AM
You can thank a two hour delay due to thunderstorms for this chapter -_-

Download Chapter 59 (http://www.maximum7.net/download/downloads.php?type=botwg&file=Water_God_Vol08_Ch59.zip)
Read Online (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/brideofthewatergod/337/59)

lireah
June 06, 2009, 10:19 AM
well, that chapter answers my question about the red strings of fate. it also tells me a little about soah at the palace. the ending was a bit surprising o: I do like the mother queen. she is just like a mother trying to help her child, but at times hindering him. ^.^

silverhand31
June 06, 2009, 10:39 PM
A new release, thank you a lot :D Reading ^_^

shuyiin
June 06, 2009, 11:29 PM
Ohh, thanks for the chapter :]
The series is finally getting to a point where everything is not so confusing anymore

10years
June 07, 2009, 12:40 AM
OMG! I seriously can't wait for the next chapter! XD the ending is driving me crazy!!!! XD I really really want to know what happen next.... >_<

EDIT: I really want Soah to end up happily ever after with Habaek/Mui. Does anyone prefer her to be with others? The end of this chapter remind me of the beginning part "you will love two persons" or something like that. I wonder whether it means "Habaek" and "Mui" or "Habaek/Mui" and "Hooye".... What do you think?

fiRe05
June 07, 2009, 08:58 AM
thanks for the new release!!!

Nami
June 07, 2009, 10:43 AM
Wow! Totally didn't see this coming and yet I'm quite pleased with it. I can't wait to see how Habeak will react to the whole thing. The emporer is real plain evil, he has so much tricks up his sleeves that you can never know what he will plot next By the way, did Soah lose her memory or something? She seems not to be bothered by how things are turning out. :oh

br4nd0nh347
June 07, 2009, 01:35 PM
Uhh why did that read that chapter, now I'm going to be dying for each chapter till everything gets settled. Soah better end up with Habaek (Moe).(but why is she letting this stuff happen? and why doesn't she just leave or go back to earth)
What was the Queen doing?

Thanks Chiresakura!

lireah
June 07, 2009, 04:01 PM
I really hope that Soah ends up with Habaek, but she is letting this stuff happen because of that scene that occurred before Soah went to the Emperor's kingdom. The one where Moe says he his Habaek and he refused to even talk to Soah. She also is upset because Habaek doesn't even recognize her. She can't go back to Earth because she is human, so she can't travel between the realms. Also, she doesn't want to go back to her family, and the emperor has the upper hand. The queen is doing like any mother would do. Trying to change things for the better of her child, which can kind of hinders the child. She talked to the old man to try and change Habaek's destiny so that he has less strife, but she can't really change it. Now, its just the matter of whether she will go against the emperor, help habaek, or something else.

baboysai
June 08, 2009, 08:56 AM
er... now I'm really confused with the timelines and all... can someone clarify this? meanwhile, maybe I need to reread the whole thing :sweatdrop

so how come Soah has no recollection of who Habaek is either? :confused and what was Habaek's mom trying to do?

lireah
June 08, 2009, 09:32 AM
Soah remembers everything. It's just that she is really upset. We know that she knows everything because of her comments on the flowers. If she didn't remember, this would be because of the emperor. Also, Soah knows everything because she keeps running into Habaek. She is only acting the way she is because she is upset that Habaek doesn't remember and that Habaek=Mui.

Habaek's mom is only trying to lessen the trouble that Habaek will have in the future. She had tried to change destiny with the old man by changing who his red string was with, but destiny can't be changed.

baboysai
June 08, 2009, 09:54 AM
ah thanks... well I kinda forget if Soah already knew that Habaek=Mui? man I really have to reread this. I don't remember a thing... -_-;