Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Imperium
April 07, 2009, 04:11 PM
Rooney 2 - Porto 2
Senna 1 - Arsenal 1

Porto - Arsenal semi-final! Now that'll be something. :smile-big

Mendes
April 07, 2009, 04:18 PM
If I was a Man U fan I'd be scared. Porto's not the same team that got owned by Arsenal at the start of the season. The evolution the team went under was confirmed when we dominated Atletico Madrid in both legs.
I'm confident its 50-50% chances of each team to go trough the semi-final! What a match, we even gave you a goal. Bruno Alves is the best defender of the league, and that mistake was one out of a million for him... what do you think? :P

Imperium
April 07, 2009, 04:23 PM
If I was a Man U fan I'd be scared. Porto's not the same team that got owned by Arsenal at the start of the season. The evolution the team went under was confirmed when we dominated Atletico Madrid in both legs.
I'm confident its 50-50% chances of each team to go trough the semi-final! What a match, we even gave you a goal. Bruno Alves is the best defender of the league, and that mistake was one out of a million for him... what do you think? :P 50-50? Who are you trying to kid, loool, porto definitely have the advantage. Its more like 60-40 in porto's favour.

And i didnt watch the match, only highlights. But what i saw it was basically porto comfortable first half, and a lot of the second. With rooney being the only decent performer and ronaldo doing his swiftly becoming infamous vanishing acts...amirite?

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 07, 2009, 05:04 PM
lol Man U dominated the 2nd half, so much for highlights....

I reckon we'll win. If we are the best team and deserve to win the CL we should win games away.

Ronaldo wasn't invisible, had a few shots on target, but oh well highlights... :amuse

But to be fair to Porto, a draw was a fair result, good entertaining game.

Mendes
April 07, 2009, 05:34 PM
50-50. The result is favorable to us, the fact that we play home too, but we can't forget who we're facing, and we need to have more of the same defensive concentration (that mistake that led to united's first goal wont happen again for sure). The fact that united need to score will open more spaces for our good counter attacks. Players like Lisandro, Rodriguez and, specially, Hulk will be almost impossible to stop in a counter attack by players like O'shea or Evans imo. When is Ferdinand scheduled to return?

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 07, 2009, 05:36 PM
I hope Rafael plays instead of Oshea. I think we need to play Anderson in the 2nd leg, just the type of player for this type of match. Our defense has gone lol, but it does lead to entertaining matches. :amuse

Pirulito
April 07, 2009, 05:47 PM
I agree with Mendes, it is 50-50. A draw with 2 goals is a great result but a Porto 0-1 Man U is a result very plausible to occur. It's Man U after all. (Though the team isn't a wow to me)
Don't let the excitement taking the control.

Mendes
April 07, 2009, 05:47 PM
@TDA
Wow that's confidence!

No team can be assured of the win in a quarter final match, after a bad home result, no matter who you are nor your opponent. Its just the fall that's bigger... I wonder if you still remember 2004. That was entertaining too, don't you think?

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 07, 2009, 05:53 PM
We'll win in the end, though it'll probably be a thriller, heck we'll probably score the winner in the last minute or something.

I mean sure Porto have the advantage, but we have to go there a win, and thats what we intend to do for all matches. The difference is its away and a intimidating stadium, but we should cope.

Mendes
April 07, 2009, 06:05 PM
Well I agree it's got everything to be a huge match. I was afraid Porto wouldnt be match enough to make the 2nd leg interesting, but our main team is getting better and better and we've been fortunate to be injured free for a long time. The shape of Hulk, Rodriguez, Cissokho and specially Fernando is surprisingly good.

Imperium, tell me about the Vilarreal - Arsenal match. I saw 2 lovely goals and I heard Arsenal had to replace Almunia and Gallas in the 1st half... I don't know a team better than Arsenal at having their players injured... Fabregas just got out of a 3-4 month calvary and I havent heard of Rosicky for over a year. Does he still play there?

goldb
April 07, 2009, 07:13 PM
lol he's still there, one by one the players on our team are getting violated by injury... i saw the almunia injury but not gallas'...i didnt watch the watch in my defence, saw the last 20mins of the United match though, only saw Cristiano Ronaldo when he was fouled and won the free kick in the end...

Lohnt
April 08, 2009, 05:24 AM
Good job to Porto, congrats Mendes and I'm disappointed with Villareal. They could have run away with it.

But I'm sorry guys, it's time to move on, today we have the clash of 4 titans. I am heartbroken over which match to watch live and which one to miss because both will be epic. Although since Liverpool Chelsea have played like 20 times in the past while, I'll probably catch the highest scoring Ch. League match in history: Final score 12-8

goldb
April 08, 2009, 05:36 AM
lol, i'm with you...barca Bayern is the match to watch....i can't wait for that match; the build up for the match over here was great; barca have scored more than 120 goals this season and bayern jus came through from a 12 goal rout against sporting, this match will not disappoint

Imperium
April 08, 2009, 09:40 AM
Imperium, tell me about the Vilarreal - Arsenal match. I saw 2 lovely goals and I heard Arsenal had to replace Almunia and Gallas in the 1st half... I don't know a team better than Arsenal at having their players injured... Fabregas just got out of a 3-4 month calvary and I havent heard of Rosicky for over a year. Does he still play there?He's being slowly brought back in. There is a reserve match tomorrow which it is said he might feature in, his first match in a looong while. But being optimistic, if he gets through a couple reserve matches unscathed he might be back - although far from fitness - for the end of the season. As for almunia he clobbered into rossi when he was trying to clear a ball (stupid tbh, as gallas seemed to have it covered). And rossi (again) fell onto gallas's leg and he kinda twisted the knee bit, i think. So they join, van persie, eduardo, diaby, and rosicky on the treatment table. Heh, now we have injuries in every part of the pitch, Keeper, defence, midfield and attack. -_-;

As for the match, the first half Villareal were all over us. Passing us off the pitch at times. But the second half our keeper didnt have to make a save, and we were in control for all but ten minutes late into the match were senna got them roused again and they had a chance to score. Most of the match was being played in midfield though, and senna was immense, he created their best chance and had a shot that i thought went in, but just skimmed the top of the bar. It was like a freaking bullet. >_>

As for today, im defo watching bayern - barca....who isnt? >__>

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 08, 2009, 02:12 PM
If we played Macheda we would have won. :(

Pirulito
April 08, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'm very surprised with Chelsea's victory against Liverpool.
I'm more surprised with Chelsea scoring three times.
Lame!

And Barça totally owns. Expected!

goldb
April 08, 2009, 03:51 PM
Barca!!! have absolutely crushed Bayern...shame bout the second half though...thought it would have had more goals

Saintz0r
April 08, 2009, 04:18 PM
Meh, only got to see the second half of Barça's game ><

Chelsea's victory was impressive, and it's fun to see how Ballack and Drogba re-learned how to play after Scolari was fired :p ( Hope they break their legs next game :mad )

On the bright side, if Palmeiras lose today it'll be the end for them in the Libertadores, so it's ok :XD

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 08, 2009, 04:27 PM
Nice to know Liverpool's honeymoon has ended.

Lohnt
April 08, 2009, 05:53 PM
I know I became a fan just this year, but if I want to really call myself a fan, I must have faith that Liverpool can turn this around; so I will continue to believe they can do it. If they want to win the Ch League, what better way to prove they deserve it.

Anyway, Arsenal seems to be doing better and better with the return of its stars, if Fabregas doesn't return to Spain in the summer, I'll be rooting for them next season.

Barca is.. God the holy trinity strikes again. Bayern was just non-existant. I knew that this would be an offensive game, but damn Bayern really have no defensive ability at all.. I guess this justifies the way the German league has its standings as of late.. glad to see some new teams from Germany in Ch. League next year to be honest.

So.. what's left?
Porto doing the possible, but improbable, Chelsea vs Barca maybe.. hopefully Chelsea not winning. Villareal making the finals because they're the only ones with nothing to lose.. I would love the irony of a Villareal vs Barca final with all the praise the premier league has gotten lately. Although a Chelsea - Porto final would be different as well.. maybe even welcome.

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 09, 2009, 01:10 AM
What happened to our defense? Weren't we the same team that kept a clean sheet for like 11 games? Now, every team can score 2 goals on us. Rio been out is not helping either. Damn injuries(and suspension as far as Vidic is concern).

But i think we will still move on. It wouldn't be easy, it will be brutal, but i think we should be able to win.

COME ON MAN U.

Mendes
April 09, 2009, 02:10 AM
Barça on a day yes is a football machine... impressive! Bayern hadnt even 1 goal chance and it was rare to see them with the ball controlled on Barça's midfield

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 09, 2009, 05:23 AM
Bayern looked scared. They gave Barca too much space. Barca vs Chelsea should be a good match.

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 09, 2009, 10:14 AM
Barca just demolished Bayern. Wow, that wasn't expected at all. I was expecting the match up between them to be the best one.

Lelo
April 09, 2009, 11:36 AM
damn Man U, even with some starters out we still should win against Porto. Vidic had some nice headers and Tevez hustled as usual. We got lucky, we really should have lost that game, if Porto didnt mess up and pass the ball to Rooney for that first goal it would have been 1-2. And our defense is just pathetic. Our defense fell apart the last 4 games. So expect Man U to come out strong next game. We havent dominated a game, possession wise, in a while

And what happen to Liverpool, LMAO. Thats just embarrassing. I give props to Chelsea, I had a feeling they would win but not like that. I guess we'll get to see Barca vs Chelsea, unless Liverpool pulls off a miracle and beats Chelsea by 2 or more goals at Stratford, and we all know Liverpool are the Kings of miracles. They've had many last minute goals this year

blai
April 09, 2009, 11:46 AM
WTH HAPPENED TO LIVERPOOL?

>.<

Well if Chelsea could to three goals like THAT yesterday, I bet Liverpool can do four goals like that the 2nd round...

Hayashida
April 10, 2009, 12:14 AM
i bet they can't
Essien says Stevie G smokes crack
wait where was Stevie G????
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00778/Michael_Essien_280x_778513a.jpg

Lelo
April 10, 2009, 03:38 PM
wow, Ive said this before and Ill say it again, how does Barca score sooooo many damn goals. All the games I watch they have 3-5 goals and its always Messi, Henry and Eto'o who score. Man they are good.

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 11, 2009, 03:52 PM
MACHEDA to the rescue again. Bloody hell we even almost didn't win against Sunderland.

Mendes
April 11, 2009, 05:05 PM
I hope Macheda doesnt play against Porto :O

I thought Liverpool would finally claim the lead of the premier league. I guess they're very serious contenders this year

Lelo
April 11, 2009, 05:55 PM
nice Macheda again. They didnt air that game here, sucks I wish I watched it

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 11, 2009, 08:26 PM
I hope Macheda doesnt play against Porto :O

Ferguson better play him. Sub him in when there is 20 minutes left in the game.

Lohnt
April 12, 2009, 12:07 PM
wow, Ive said this before and Ill say it again, how does Barca score sooooo many damn goals. All the games I watch they have 3-5 goals and its always Messi, Henry and Eto'o who score. Man they are good.

Easy, choose a top five foward from south america, a top 5 from africa and a top five from europe. All 3 have 1 goal per 2 games (Eto having the best which is 3 per 4 games, Messi the worst with 1 in every 2 even though he's priceless) and back them up with some of Spain's above average.

Control of the midfield even for half the game + 3 unmatched forwards with synergy = every goalscoring chance = a goal.

Honestly you have the best of all worlds. The only way could imagine someone surpassing them is based on how much money Real spends next year. With Cristiano, possibly Kaka and someone like Raul/Nistelroy or both, they would probably have an equally destructive offense. But.. not as quick, that's one thing I think Barca have unmatchable. Aside from Torres, there really aren't many forwards that move in synergy that quickly during an attack, maybe Forlan and Aguero, but Atletico has other problems, Lisandro is pretty fast also...

Mendes
April 12, 2009, 05:57 PM
Real's already hit the bull's eye with Robben. Too bad they dont play with wingers/side forwards... yet. I think they will buy CRonaldo at all costs, and maybe another extraordinary forward, but I just don't get why they concede so many goals. Almost every defender they got is top class and they even have superman within the posts

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 13, 2009, 06:18 AM
The defense isn't that good, I mean Cannavaro is past his best, Heinze is a liability, and Pepe isn't exactly in the league of Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Puyol, etc.

Mendes
April 13, 2009, 12:27 PM
The defense isn't that good, I mean Cannavaro is past his best, Heinze is a liability, and Pepe isn't exactly in the league of Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Puyol, etc.

Maybe, but I at least consider them competent enough to avoid having so much trouble against minor teams. And I personally consider Pepe a great defender. ie, against Valladolid this weekend, they could have Lost that game... Valladolid had so many chances in the 1st half it was scary!

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 13, 2009, 01:02 PM
I haven't seen Pepe play much, but when I have he hasn't played great. Maybe it was just against Liverpool, but in Euro 2008 for Portugal he made some mistakes I think. :darn

Mendes
April 13, 2009, 02:14 PM
But it was because of him we managed to qualify for that Euro. He's our most important piece in the center defense and now he's been playing as defensive midfielder and I dare to say he's the player we have in better shape in our national team... [although that's not saying much, recently]

Imperium
April 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
The PFA player of the year award shortlist is out.

PFA Players' Player of the Year contenders:

Rio Ferdinand - Manchester United
Steven Gerrard - Liverpool
Ryan Giggs - Manchester United
Cristiano Ronaldo - Manchester United
Edwin van der Sar - Manchester United
Nemanja Vidic - Manchester United

PFA Young Player of the Year contenders:

Gabriel Agbonlahor - Aston Villa
Jonny Evans - Manchester United
Stephen Ireland - Manchester City
Aaron Lennon - Tottenham Hotspur
Rafael - Manchester United
Ashley Young - Aston Villa

Gerrard, vidic and rio are understandable. But the rest has to be a joke. RYAN GIGGS! Are they mad? This is not a lifetime achievement award or some award out of nostalgia. He has only had a handful of good games. The rest were only decent. A joke of an inclusion. And whats with van de sar, he has 19 clean sheets but so what? Thats the same as cech and two more than reina. He hardly has to make saves because of the excellent defence in front of him. And were giving nominations for number of clean sheets then why hasnt reina been in the running the past three seasons seeing as he always has a ridiculous amounts of clean sheets and wins the golden gloves? Ronaldo is also ridiculous, he has hardly lit up the league and has been a shadow of himself. There are more deserving players. Like cahill, jagielka, anelka, lampard and alonso. Its bloody ridiculous cahill and jagielka may have been overlooked because they're at everton but lampard? His game has improved so much. his passing, his vision everything has just gone another level, and he still scores stupid amounts of goals from central midfield. Anelka is still the top scorer, and alonso has been amazing.

As for the young player of the year. Evans, rafael? They started 18 league games between them. BETWEEN them. Every other player on that shortlist has started more then both of them put together. How can you judge a young player of the year if they dont even play that much? Im just surprised they didnt put macheda on the list [/sarcasm].

Can someone please tell the PFA to get off united's dick. You would think they are running away with the league. And for god sake this is why they should make these lists much much later into the season. Lets just hope that the FWA has some more sense....Never trust footballers to make rational decisions.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 14, 2009, 08:04 AM
What? the amount of games doesn't matter, its the quality, Torres shouldn't be in it because he hasn't played huge amounts of games... :eyeroll

Your logic is pretty flawed, it seems someone who plays every match for West Brom must be better than a talented youngster who gets a few matches and appearances for a big team, with world class players. :eyeroll

Imperium
April 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
What? the amount of games doesn't matter, its the quality, Torres shouldn't be in it because he hasn't played huge amounts of games... :eyeroll

Your logic is pretty flawed, it seems someone who plays every match for West Brom must be better than a talented youngster who gets a few matches and appearances for a big team, with world class players. :eyeroll
How can you judge the quality if they dont play that many games? Anybody can have a few good games. The winner should be someone who has been consistently good over the course of the season. Just look at the last four winners of the young player of the year
Fabregas
Ronaldo
Rooney
Rooney

They were ALL amazing in those seasons, and they played huge parts in their teams performances. The impact they had for their clubs was immense, can the same be said of evans or rafael? It can be said for the others, ireland is city's top scorer and easily, easily their best player this season by a country mile. Young and agbonlahor have been excellent for villa and they are one of the main reasons why villa is challenging for 4th. I dont watch spurs matches a lot, but what from the spurs supporters say the same can be applied to lennon. The shortlist should have included more of such players.

A talented youngster who doesnt play much doesnt deserve to win the young player of the year. Its as simple as that. And if there is a youngster who plays consistently excellent for west brom they deserve to be ahead of someone who has had a couple of substitute appearances and league starts for a big club. The award should not have a big club bias. And the award is not an award of who is the better player, but who is the better player that season.

thsv
April 14, 2009, 10:12 AM

How can you judge the quality if they dont play that many games? Anybody can have a few good games. The winner should be someone who has been consistently good over the course of the season. Just look at the last four winners of the young player of the year
Fabregas
Ronaldo
Rooney
Rooney

They were ALL amazing in those seasons, and they played huge parts in their teams performances. The impact they had for their clubs was immense, can the same be said of evans or rafael? It can be said for the others, ireland is city's top scorer and easily, easily their best player this season by a country mile. Young and agbonlahor have been excellent for villa and they are one of the main reasons why villa is challenging for 4th. I dont watch spurs matches a lot, but what from the spurs supporters say the same can be applied to lennon. The shortlist should have included more of such players.

A talented youngster who doesnt play much doesnt deserve to win the young player of the year. Its as simple as that. And if there is a youngster who plays consistently excellent for west brom they deserve to be ahead of someone who has had a couple of substitute appearances and league starts for a big club. The award should not have a big club bias. And the award is not an award of who is the better player, but who is the better player that season.

I've gotta agree with Imperium on this one. A youngster who puts in two or three good displays against weak or tired opposition shouldn't be chosen ahead of someone from West Brom or Stoke whose been slogging their guts out all season come rain or shine. That's why Wes Brown kept getting chosen for England thanks to Sven's love affair with the big 4.

One of the things I hated about the advent of the premiership is this infatuation with the big clubs. Years ago the choice of Player of the year would have had more variety. This year? 5 players from one side? What about Lampard? Gareth Barry? Danny Murphy? Totally ignored. Great incentive to young players when deciding what club they want to go to.

I'm glad Berebatov didn't make the list. I had to laugh. He played better at Spurs even if it looked like he didn't give a f***.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 14, 2009, 10:20 AM
Rafael has played 9 games, he would have played more yet he's gotten injured, and if he didn't I could easily see him getting into the 1st team ahead of Neville, the wya that Nev has been playing recently.

A youngster who puts in two or three good displays against weak or tired opposition

Rafael played against Arsenal and scored, he also had Robinho in check against City, though that might not be a big achievement anymore.

And from what I recall Evans also played against at least one of the big teams, I think it might have been against Chelsea, but he's certainly played against tough opposition, those that are in the top 8 in EPL.

Mendes
April 14, 2009, 10:40 AM
Well I agree with Imperium with some nominees. Lampard and Torres should have been included, amongst others, but I dont see the current nominees that bad of a choice. Giggs had a period in this season where he was playing Very good, so its understandable. Van der Saar has been sensational, and I think its fair to put him there, just as it would have been fair to put Cech 3 seasons ago. The nomination of Ronaldo was funny... he's almost invisible imo.

Although Rafael and Evans are nominees for the youngster of the year, I dont think there's much hope for them to win it. I dont watch the premier league enough to notice every young prodigy in there, but for what I've seen its granted that Ashley Young will win it.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 14, 2009, 10:54 AM
I think Stephen Ireland might win it.

Imperium
April 14, 2009, 10:58 AM
Well I agree with Imperium with some nominees. Lampard and Torres should have been included, amongst others, but I dont see the current nominees that bad of a choice. Giggs had a period in this season where he was playing Very good, so its understandable. Van der Saar has been sensational, and I think its fair to put him there, just as it would have been fair to put Cech 3 seasons ago. The nomination of Ronaldo was funny... he's almost invisible imo. Giggs did have a period were he was good, but the thing is he doesnt deserve to be nominated ahead of players who were good throughout the whole season. And the nomination i think has to do a lot with the press over here, who got very excited after he scored that goal against west ham. -___- And the van der sar thing....his inclusion seriously puzzles me because he's the least troubled keeper in the league :bored

Although Rafael and Evans are nominees for the youngster of the year, I dont think there's much hope for them to win it. I dont watch the premier league enough to notice every young prodigy in there, but for what I've seen its granted that Ashley Young will win it.I think its a straight race between young and ireland. With maybe lennon if he steps up another gear before the votes are counted. Ireland i think should win it, the guy is amazing.

Anyway, i would speak about the CL, but today's matches dont really seem as interesting and delicately poised as the matches tomorrow. Can liverpool score 3? Can bayern score 4? meh, very unlikely...but im just hoping they either score at least one or two before half-time to make things interesting. ^^;

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 14, 2009, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't count Liverpool out just yet, an early goal by Torres and you never know. Plus Chelsea conceded 3 goals against Bolton in the weekend.

Mendes
April 14, 2009, 12:26 PM
Can bayern score 4?

Yes they can, but Barça will score at least once with their reserve team :P

Imperium
April 14, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hahaha, they actually put out a strong team. No henry though, so keita comes in and iniesta goes on the wings i suppose. And liverpool have no gerrard....

kaliayev
April 14, 2009, 03:43 PM
Liverpool deserved that game. Was that Cech's worst performance, or am I forgetting a national game that was even worse?

Saintz0r
April 14, 2009, 03:57 PM
Seriously, what a game :XD
Reina and Cech were trying to see who could do the biggest FAIL in the game. I'll vote for Cech's since it was funny to see him chasing the ball lol
Lucas playing in Gerrard's position ( more or less ) was disapointing, he almost disappeared from the game. When he came to play in Mascherano's though it was much better :P

Looking forward to tomorrow's matches, I just don't know yet which I'll watch :XD

Mendes
April 14, 2009, 04:13 PM
Omg... L'pool almost did it! I changed to Bayern-Barça when Chelsea got the lead 3-2 as I said 'its over', but when I changed back it was 3-4! I wanted Liverpool to face Barça... but it was a stunning match

@Saintz0r
Watch Porto! Our players will put up a show even if it costs them their lives. Game of one's life, when you have the chance to eliminate the european champion :P

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM
I think Man Utd will return to their best and beat Porto in unbelievable style.

Lohnt
April 15, 2009, 03:46 AM
Liverpool was inspirational, I was right to put my faith in them. Unfortunately, Gerrard did not play, and Lampard did.. so the superstar made the difference in the end.

I'm sad but not disappointed, Liverpool did the best they could, I just wish Torres could have done a little more.
Now I can just hope Porto is on a good night.

goldb
April 15, 2009, 04:55 AM
lol, that match was amazing, i kept getting text messages from my brother while i was at work; every goal,minute and scorer...after it got to 3-2 to Chelsea i thought he was playing with my head but then i get home and see the final score!!! F me!!!

great match spectator-wise, but poor goalkeeping on both sides especially petr cech who did not seem confident the whole game...

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 15, 2009, 06:30 AM
Liverpool was inspirational, I was right to put my faith in them. Unfortunately, Gerrard did not play, and Lampard did.. so the superstar made the difference in the end.

I'm sad but not disappointed, Liverpool did the best they could, I just wish Torres could have done a little more.
Now I can just hope Porto is on a good night.

But to be fair Terry was missing, so it balanced out, I would say Terry is Chelsea's most important player.

Pirulito
April 15, 2009, 08:31 AM
Kukuku, Lioshow Messi will twist the backbones of Chelsea's players.

I can hardly wait to see it.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 15, 2009, 08:38 AM
B ready, Ronaldo will return and own PORTO's defenses.

Mendes
April 15, 2009, 11:50 AM
I may be wrong, but its Ronaldo I'm least concerned with... he only likes to score to Sporting CP :P

Also, I think Rooney and Tevez are United's main threats atm. Ronaldo and Giggs arent in form (in comparison to their 'normal' form) but, on the other side, Porto's Rodriguez and Hulk are in top form.

I expect a game where Man U will attack as usual and we'll try and use our good counter attack as main weapon. We wont park the bus on front of our goalkeeper, but we wont have to take the game forcefully to the opposing midfield as long as the result is favorable.

*starts the praying ritual :worship2 *

thsv
April 15, 2009, 12:51 PM
Rafael has played 9 games, he would have played more yet he's gotten injured, and if he didn't I could easily see him getting into the 1st team ahead of Neville, the wya that Nev has been playing recently.

Rafael played against Arsenal and scored, he also had Robinho in check against City, though that might not be a big achievement anymore.

And from what I recall Evans also played against at least one of the big teams, I think it might have been against Chelsea, but he's certainly played against tough opposition, those that are in the top 8 in EPL.
You're taking my comment too literally. My point is unless the youngster is playing week in, week out why get picked above someone putting in good performances with a weaker side. Rafeal doesn't qualify for a Premiership winners medal if he doesn't play again this season by the way.

Chelsea vs Liverpool was excellent last night. Almost as good as Arsenal vs Spurs last October.

Imperium
April 15, 2009, 01:08 PM
Even though i wasnt born back then, i was reading up on what happened at Hillsbrough, and i have to say it really is shocking. My sympathies go out to the families.

Chelsea vs Liverpool was excellent last night. Almost as good as Arsenal vs Spurs last October.Arsenal v spurs was a rubbish game. Boring...so very boring...:scry

-_-;
[hr]
OMG, can you fcking believe it. Only 1 player! 1 player out of our starting back-five that started against Villareal a week ago is available. ONE! This injury-arsenal thing is just getting ridiculous now.

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 15, 2009, 03:46 PM
I may be wrong, but its Ronaldo I'm least concerned with... he only likes to score to Sporting CP :P

LOL. How about that? Looks like you were wrong. It was a nice goal too.

GO MAN UNITED. I knew we were going to win.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 15, 2009, 03:47 PM
haha What.A.Goal Dunno but it should win goal of the tournament so far, haha frickin' ronaldo, thats why he's world player of the year.

kaliayev
April 15, 2009, 04:07 PM
It was indeed a spectacular goal from Ronaldo. Aside from that and van der Sar, I didn't feel like Man U played a good game. Whatever, they did what they needed to in order to progress.

Imperium
April 15, 2009, 04:10 PM
haha What.A.Goal Dunno but it should win goal of the tournament so far, haha frickin' ronaldo, thats why he's world player of the year.*cough* adebayor *cough*

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 15, 2009, 04:15 PM
Nah Ade's goal was class, but Ronaldo from some what 40 yards out, with that power and speed, has gotta win it.

Mendes
April 15, 2009, 04:21 PM
It was factor Ronaldo after all that decided it. Even though I honestly think Rooney was by far the most important Man U player in that match. If it wasnt for him constantly helping O'shea from our offensive left back Cissokho and we would have been more dangerous. Rooney's a machine, no doubt. Ronaldo is just talented and I cant help but think he hates portuguese clubs. Sporting suffered a lot coz of him too.

The early injury of our captain Lucho Gonzalez was very unfortunate... he's irreplaceable. Hulk proved he's not ready at all to jump to a top club in Europe, unlike Rodriguez, Lisandro, Lucho or Bruno Alves, who I believe will be targeted in the transfer market. Cissokho and Fernando left very good impressions too.

At least I have the consolation that the difference between MU and Porto in this quarter finals was a genius 30 meters away strike from Ronaldo and nothing else. For those people who rejoiced when their team was drawn with a lame 3rd country team in this stage, they probably thought again. Congrats for Man U and Arsenal, the british teams keep their unbelievable supremacy in Europe

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 15, 2009, 04:36 PM
He sure plays well against Portugues teams, its because he has to prove to the Portuguese public that he is the right man for his country, it's almost like;

"Look Portugal, *bang* thats why I'm captain." He is captain right?

Though its disturbing he might not play in the world cup.

Mendes
April 15, 2009, 05:47 PM
You sure dont watch Portuguese national team in action, or you wouldnt say something like that... but I dont recomend watching at all

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
I don't watch Portugal but I hear they are struggling to win.

Imperium
April 17, 2009, 04:46 PM
Arsenal - Chelsea

Quick fact: The last time chelsea knocked arsenal out of the fa cup was 1947. Since then there have been 7 ties, all won by arsenal. But then again when you when three starting defenders out, the backup left back out, the back up centreback out your goalkeeper out and the opposing team have the striker you love to hate finding form. You try to find hope wherever you can. ;_;

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 17, 2009, 06:08 PM
Chelsea letting in a lot of goals recently, though Arsenal seem to have a make shift defense, which might mean its a high scoring game.

thsv
April 18, 2009, 12:31 AM
This is great. Thanks to the FA Cup semi finalists 7th place is now a UEFA cup place. Dare I dream? I'm more concerned about Fulham stealing it than West Ham

Mendes
April 18, 2009, 04:25 AM
There is too many UEFA and Champions Cup places in english/spanish teams and we've got less every year... this rules are benefiting the most powerful leagues and the "mid class" leagues are getting buried.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 18, 2009, 05:20 AM
To be honest I could care less for Swedish teams, etc etc I just want the best from the best leagues playing in UCL, otherwise they should create a Super League.

Imperium
April 18, 2009, 07:50 PM
Quick fact: The last time chelsea knocked arsenal out of the fa cup was 18th april 2009. :scry

Mendes
April 18, 2009, 08:18 PM
To be honest I could care less for Swedish teams, etc etc I just want the best from the best leagues playing in UCL, otherwise they should create a Super League.

I wasnt talking of those minor league teams... they have to pass through qualifying rounds to prove their worth in CL. I'm talking about the leagues like portuguese, dutch or scotish, where you usually see a representing team in the latest stages of the competition. For instance, its the 2nd time in a row that no italian team reached the quarter finals and they still have 4 access spots in their league. Portugal and Holland can only get 2 teams in CL, and the similar goes to UEFA Cup.

thsv
April 19, 2009, 02:07 AM
There is too many UEFA and Champions Cup places in english/spanish teams and we've got less every year... this rules are benefiting the most powerful leagues and the "mid class" leagues are getting buried.
Mendes I totally agree with you. After all its the Champions League.

And yet,

Liverpool haven't been champions since 1990 (the last time Spurs came within a sniff of challenging for the title. Yes it's been that long), Arsenal haven't won anything since 2005. UEFA panicked in the mid 90's and caved into the greed of a select few. We lost the Cup Winners Cup and got this pathetic excuse for a UEFA Cup (I'm sorry Europa League) in exchange for being able to watch the European elite square off. I don't know about you but crossing horns with certain clubs used to be something of a special occasion. How many times have Chelsea met Barcelona in the last 10 years?

I notice that a certain Frenchman has not said a word about the composition of the 'Champions League'. When his side won the league in 2002 he was reported to have said the top 10 ranked countries in Europe should have their champions face off in a league to see who was truly the best.

Don't worry about Italy. This is how they lose berths. What Holland and Portugal need is for just one of their clubs to get more consistent at getting to the latter stages. Most of England's progress is down to the fact that for years Manchester United were almost guaranteed to make the quarter finals. What amazes me is that Scotland still gets two berths.

Imperium
April 19, 2009, 01:30 PM
Vucinic against arsenal, and berbatov against everton. Two of the worst penalties ive seen in a long time. :rofl

Oh, and now i dont have any qualms about who to cheer on when the facup final comes. :smile-big

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 20, 2009, 04:15 AM
I wonder why Tevez didn't take a penalty, but ah well you can't win everything, it was more important to rest the players for PL and UCL. Though I do hope Everton win it, since Moyes needs to win a trophy and he can be a future Utd manager.

goldb
April 20, 2009, 05:51 AM
I'm so happy and sad at the same time; now that everton are in the final, i know arsenal coulda won that one quite comfortably but we're not there!!!! i'm happy cos united lost...the match was ridiculous...horrible, plus we were entertaining guests at my house and thought it would have been good to put the match on...worst idea ever, people died of boredom

well looks all but in the bag for chelsea, now time to focus on the champions league...:P

Lelo
April 20, 2009, 03:38 PM
Question? Why did Man U start all those youngsters and not even have his top 3 players listed to play? I don't really know too much about the FA cup but it's seems it wasn't really important to them. And he shouldn't have taken out Park, he should have taken out Anderson for Scholes.

Everton must be nutting it their pants right now, after taking out Liverpool and Man U back to back

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 21, 2009, 01:16 PM
Well of course the reason was because Fergie wanted to keep his most important players fresh excluding Ferdinand and Vidic for the important games to come, everyone knows EPL and UCL are put higher over the FA Cup.

Mendes
April 21, 2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah but so much about FA Cup being Fergunson's favorite cup... For weeks I've been watching interviews where Fergunson explained the importance that cup meant to him, and then he puts up a 2nd line team... he could have got lucky, but at least the most important players should have started in the bench, just in case

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 21, 2009, 04:43 PM
EPL best league in the world.

Man Utd 3-2 Aston Villa
Chelsea 4-3 Bolton
Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal

Imperium
April 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
Anybody see pepe get the three red cards? That was animalsitc what he done. Just went berserk. O.o

Mendes
April 21, 2009, 06:51 PM
Pepe lost it! I havent seen such a cold blooded reaction like that for a long time in a football match...

L'pool 4 - 4 Arshavin! Watta game! Liverpool will feel sorry for their defensive mistakes. They dominated the game aside from that. Torres wasnt particularly accurate, considering the number of shots he took. Arshavin was the opposite. I'm not sure but I think he got 4 goals in 4 shots :P
I feel sorry for Arsenal. They just got Fabregas back and now Adebayor and van Persie are out. What's happening?!

Hayashida
April 22, 2009, 12:45 AM
wow the pl is close now. do MU still have a game in hand?

looks like golden guus is set to bring in some silver-never would've dreamed as such a few months ago

about ferguson, i think hes trying to soften the blow to MU supporters after so much talk of quintaple

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 22, 2009, 06:02 AM
Did Pepe get sent off for that? WTF he's an idiot.

Saintz0r
April 22, 2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, he got a red card, and it was a penalty for Getafe ( which they lost >< )
He also didn't went to the training today cause he was ashamed.

The video of Pepe's 'strike' and the penalty lost (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaQLH9h71Q)

Liverpool x Arsenal was a awesome match, second in a row without Gerrard. Sadly they don't have many chances of winning the PL now, and the matches won't be as good as they are

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 23, 2009, 02:34 AM
Feels nice to be back on top, it feel even better knowing that we still have a game in hand. Go Man U.
[hr]

Yeah, he got a red card, and it was a penalty for Getafe ( which they lost >< )
He also didn't went to the training today cause he was ashamed.

The video of Pepe's 'strike' and the penalty lost (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaQLH9h71Q)

Wow, what a freaking dumbass.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 23, 2009, 03:21 PM
According to Goal.com, Pepe is considering quiting football, crazy things happen eh?

Mendes
April 23, 2009, 06:50 PM
According to Goal.com, Pepe is considering quiting football, crazy things happen eh?

Happen alot to crazy people... I dunno, I think he's just trying to act like he's feeling full of regrets to lessen the media pressure on him, but I honestly dont believe he will quit. I think he will return as soon as his suspension ends, whatever it may be

Saintz0r
April 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
I heard he'll get a suspension of 6 games. Imo he deserves at least 3 months :P

Mendes
April 24, 2009, 05:58 AM
I'd say 6 months from now on, or 3 months in the active season. Meaning he couldnt finish this season and he'd miss the start of next

goldb
April 24, 2009, 06:29 AM
that was a lot of bulls***, excuse my french but what the hell got into his head? there was no need for that. He deserves any punishment he receives as a consequence... I'd say 6months is about the right amount of time for him to go see a psychiatrist

Mendes
April 25, 2009, 05:36 PM
Superb Man Utd, even tough that tiring match may have not been the perfect game to have against an european CL matchday at all. Is Arsenal playing tomorrow, or their match has been delayed?

Imperium
April 25, 2009, 05:42 PM
Superb Man Utd, even tough that tiring match may have not been the perfect game to have against an european CL matchday at all. Is Arsenal playing tomorrow, or their match has been delayed?It was a stunning performance by howard. And by that i mean a performance of stunning incompetence. Forget the penalty, he let so many blatant fouls go unpunished. Scholes came on and within a couple of minutes chopped down players right, left and centre. Howard just continuously waved play on. He was as bad as the ref for the liverpool v hull game. Jeebus. Rooney and ronaldo were class though.

Yea, we're playing tomorrow.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 25, 2009, 05:50 PM
2nd half proved, we can play the fantastic four together, in fact berbatov played better in that formation, play rooney on the left who can play anywhere, and play Tevez upfront with Berba with Ronaldo on the right, in fact if Fergie decides to keep this, Tevez could stay.
[hr]

It was a stunning performance by howard. And by that i mean a performance of stunning incompetence. Forget the penalty, he let so many blatant fouls go unpunished. Scholes came on and within a couple of minutes chopped down players right, left and centre. Howard just continuously waved play on. He was as bad as the ref for the liverpool v hull game. Jeebus. Rooney and ronaldo were class though.

Yea, we're playing tomorrow.

Media don't take notice, but referee decisions balance out over the season, people easily forgot the should be penalty in the fa semis, concerning scholes , what are you talking about, he got booked.

Mendes
April 25, 2009, 06:51 PM
Well I'm used to british refereeing being much less severe. Honestly it brings up much more amazing matches. In comparison to our league where the referees stop the match every time a player touches another, watching a match like that with no match stops even if there is some overheated tackles now and then is a joy. That penalty doesnt seem that of a scandalous decision. It was doubtful, but it was a fast move where Carrick reaches the ball at almost the same time as Gomez, thus I'd give the ref the benefit of doubt in that one.

I'm sorry it I looks like I'm congratulating a bad refereeing in that match, but in Portugal our referees are so damn bad that even the worst performance of one in the premier league would probably be the best in our league... Our refs should look up to those in the premier league, and maybe then we could have 30% more of average in play time

Lelo
April 25, 2009, 08:39 PM
Wow what a game, I didn't see that coming. I'm glad Berbatov scored, he deserved it. We're still in first:tem

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 25, 2009, 09:14 PM
Damn it, how can i miss such a game. Five goals in 22mins!! Go Man U.

thsv
April 26, 2009, 11:22 AM
Damn Howard Webb. Spurs went to pieces after that 'penalty'.

Mendes
April 27, 2009, 05:41 AM
Well Giggs actually won the player of the season trophy in England. I dont think anyone saw him as the best player, so it can only be a career prize... whatever. Ashley Young won in the youngsters. I dont know why this trophy is given before the end of the season... its the final sprint and now is where the true players reveal themselves. Right now I think Rooney should have won that trophy.

Saintz0r
April 27, 2009, 12:28 PM
Dunno if you guys saw that, but...
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1052054.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

His second goal was REALLY amazing. Ronaldo is coming back, and looking at Adriano being called in the national team many people say that Dunga should call him for the Confederations Cup...
Well he's certainly playing much better than Adriano, but Pato is better than both ( as of today, obviously )

On another note there's some gossip that Adriano might end up playing in Flamengo.If that happens CBF might as well hand us the trophy of brazilian championship before it starts!
Our president says he'll talk about that when the final game against Botafogo next sunday is over.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 28, 2009, 12:48 PM
I don't know if Brazil won't to take a step backwards, sure Ronaldo when fit is still probably one of the best strikers in the world, his technique is still amazing, I just think it might be better to let younger players have a chance rather than Ronaldo who had his time.

Imperium
April 28, 2009, 05:18 PM
So...chelsea vs barca. The match was only a couple of hours ago, but honestly all i remember was barca passing, Chelsea defending, Drogba and bojan coming close to scoring. That basically sums it up. Chelsea invented uber-catenaccio. In fact its vaguely reminiscent...it feels like what a certain team in the north west did last season. >_>

Second leg prediction, Scholes scored from quite far out last time around. Im putting money on lampard doing it for chelsea (with about 1001 deflections on its way in, of course).

And lastly, they say messi is triple man marked in the la liga. But it only took bosingwa playing on the wrong wing to keep him silent....Intresting.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 29, 2009, 06:50 AM
Well the onus was on Barca to produce, Chelsea did what they had to do, I don't think you can really blame the way they set out, because it works against Barca who only have a plan A, this is Europe, it gets tactical.

Lohnt
April 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
Chelsea plays on an equal level to Barca, no matter how "amazing" Barca is, they are not on a different level than Chelsea, like they were with Bayern or Villareal or any other similar team.

Chelsea playing defensively, forces them to play offensively in the second game, and in an all out offensive game, Barca has the upper hand. 0-0 was a bad result for Chelsea, they had home-town advantage, and should have risked in the first game in order to play more safely at home, lest they get scored on 4 times again.

Honestly, all this "Chelsea played strategically" talk seems like rubbish to me. Chelsea has as much talent as Barca, and the only advantage I would give Barca is a little speed and a Messi, but Chelsea have Drogba and Lampard. The 0-0 is counteractive for Chelsea because 1-1 now means an aggregate loss, they should have risked and played conservatively at home with the support of their 12th player, end of story.

Arsenal can't score without Persie and Arshavin.

Lelo
May 01, 2009, 04:23 PM
barcas taking the next game. Wether it's a tie or a win. I predict the next game will have a crap load of goals, its going to be something like 3-3 or 4-3, barca wins. Both teams can score a lot of goals and the last couple games at strattford have been 4-3, 4-4, ect...

As for Man U, we've got the advantage so I can't see us losing. Fergason better play our strong and experienced players. Giggs is back so we should be fine.

Imperium
May 02, 2009, 02:51 PM
Barcelona 6 Real madrid 2

The world is running out of words to describe them. But ill try my best, the greatest thing since £1 chicken and chips. :noworry

joe_bevis
May 02, 2009, 03:05 PM
Barcelona 6 Real madrid 2

The world is running out of words to describe them. But ill try my best, the greatest thing since £1 chicken and chips. :noworry

I'll raise a glass to that, wow what a player messi is! :amuse

Lelo
May 02, 2009, 04:02 PM
6 goals, wow. I have it recorded at home. After work Im definitely going to watch the whole game. Usually I fast forward threw all my football games except Man U games, those I watch the whole game. I love having a DVR receiver.

goldb
May 03, 2009, 01:17 PM
that game was ridiculous...barca looked in control through practically the whole game, messi was amazing, no scratch that, the whole team were superb, from the defence to attack..

i feel for eto'o not having scored though, he was really trying but i think the position he was playing and the way in which barca counter attacked weren't helping him either

Mendes
May 03, 2009, 04:16 PM
And that settles the spanish league. The italian was already sealed as well, and with Inter's victory over Lazio too I think there's no doubt that Barça and Inter are their league's winners. In Portugal, Porto will be the champion. We just need to get 2 points in 3 matches, and all of them are against lower teams. Next weekend we'll celebrate. And that leaves, the premier league. The only truly exciting league atm, and as usual!

Imperium
May 03, 2009, 04:33 PM
And that settles the spanish league. The italian was already sealed as well, and with Inter's victory over Lazio too I think there's no doubt that Barça and Inter are their league's winners. In Portugal, Porto will be the champion. We just need to get 2 points in 3 matches, and all of them are against lower teams. Next weekend we'll celebrate. And that leaves, the premier league. The only truly exciting league atm, and as usual!You're forgetting france and germany. :p

Mendes
May 03, 2009, 06:04 PM
I dont watch France and Germany... you could give me a highlight of those leagues :P

I heard things aint going good for bayern and that lyon's time is over

Pirulito
May 04, 2009, 01:39 AM
Wolfsburg is kicking asses with Grafite.

The ranking now:

Wolfsburg - 60
Bayern Mun - 57
Hertha - 56
Stuttgart - 55
Hamburgo - 55

Rest 4 matches.

About Barça vs Real, just two words: Lioshow Messi!

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 04, 2009, 06:04 AM
When I watched the match I finally realised why Barca were scoring so freely and dominating the league, it's not because they're the best team in Europe, but when you see the 2nd best team in Spain defending like crap, when teams like Fulham do better...

Saintz0r
May 04, 2009, 07:43 AM
Bundesliga is one of the best leagues to watch now imo. Seems like bayern won't win this time, and Hoffenheim was totally amazing, even if they're falling behind now.

On another note, Flamengo won another Rio state championship, now we've 31 against 30 of Fluminense
We can truly say:
Flamengo: King of Rio O0
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAABOQvf8q3f1ijbfb7pSBhnIJPWd5aYPRF4Jga_WcwudSKZwoET7IzrwBMFI_cwElj3-KgT-V8mOvcCAt62J76IIAm1T1UOVJsQFsDo_Sk58U4WQA7pChwqkc.jpg

Mendes
May 04, 2009, 02:09 PM
When I watched the match I finally realised why Barca were scoring so freely and dominating the league, it's not because they're the best team in Europe, but when you see the 2nd best team in Spain defending like crap, when teams like Fulham do better...

I would wait till wednsday night to say that... don't forget this time Chelsea will probably need to score, and that should leave enough spaces to see a normal match, unlike the 1st round where you only saw a football team and a huge blue bus parked in front of the other side's goal line.

Its fair to say Real Madrid, Lyon, Bayern and lots of other teams have relatively weak defenses, but that doesnt mean Barça doesnt have the merit of scoring 4-6 goals in those matches. Also their 3 goal/game ratio in the league is fabulous at this point in the league, even if you consider spanish teams weaker than british.

I bet on a MU - Barça final, the 2 clearly best teams this year imo. I hope the best team wins (although its very possible to have a London derby in the final, since its CL)...

@Saintz0r

Maracanã is Impressive!

Although I don't really understand Brazil's season schedule... I had just heard S.Paulo and Ronaldo had won a competition (don't remember which) and now Flamengo's won another, and there's the Brazileirão as well... don't tell me there's a state championship for every state in Brazil besides the main league?

Imperium
May 04, 2009, 02:22 PM
^ Tbh, i dont even understand the state championship thing. Is it a league within the league?.. :s

In France mendes, bordeaux just won 3-0 in the weekend to go level on 68 points with Marseille (and only a goal separating them on goal difference..but i think in France they judge it on head-head..not sure). Lyon is 61 points and there is something like 4 matches left. So highly doubtful they'll win anything. Even the relegation battle is intense, with one point separating 19-16.

As for barcelona, real madrid may be utter rubbish. But its still something to go to madrid and score SIX goals against them (coincidentally this is the second time that has EVER happened, the other time being back in the 30's). And i doubt any other team could do that.

Saintz0r
May 04, 2009, 02:28 PM
@Saintz0r

Maracanã is Impressive!

Although I don't really understand Brazil's season schedule... I had just heard S.Paulo and Ronaldo had won a competition (don't remember which) and now Flamengo's won another, and there's the Brazileirão as well... don't tell me there's a state championship for every state in Brazil besides the main league?

Well, yes, there's a state championship in every state here :XD We are a big country and the state championships began before the Brasileirão.
Ronaldo won ( playing for Corinthians ) the São Paulo state champ. Flamengo won in Rio, Cruzeiro in Minas, Inter in RS and so on...
Our season begins with the state championships somewhere between january and february ( each state has his own rules ), the Libertadores ( our CL ) already began, now the second fase begins next week if i'm not mistaken ( and all brazilian clubs got past the first fase ).
Meanwhile the Brasil Cup is going on too, we've a game next wednesday and if we win it's a Flamengo x Internacional in the quarter-finals.
The Brasileirão begins saturday and goes till december. Also there's the Sula-Americana by the end of the year. And that's basically it, including the world cup for teams and Recopa if some club wins the Libertadores or Sul-Americana

Mendes
May 04, 2009, 02:44 PM
LOL there is off-season there, right? :O

Anyway, things seem crazy in France and Germany... I may start watching some matches there, since our league is over, just like Lyon. There had to be an end to them, and Marseille is my favorite team in France, since they usually bring out excelent African players that eventually go to bigger clubs, so I hope they win.

thsv
May 05, 2009, 12:40 PM
I had to post this once I'd read it

A Mexican footballer has been banned for spitting and blowing "nasal secretions" at an opponent then telling him he had swine flu.

Guadalajara defender Hector Reynoso has provisionally been suspended from all matches in the Copa Libertadores following last week's game at Everton of Chile in South America's top club competition.

The South American Football Confederation said the length of the ban would be determined in the next 72 hours.

"At around the 90th minute of the aforementioned game, Reynoso, following an incident in the game, reacted by spitting at Everton player Sebastian Penco and then releasing nasal secretions at the face of the player," said the confederation in a statement.

"This situation, lamentable in its own right, was aggravated by the risk of a possible infection of the disease AH1N1 (swine flu)."

Reynoso was widely quoted as saying in the media that he had told Penco he had the disease.

What an idiot.

Mendes
May 05, 2009, 05:59 PM
@thsv :O that was truly unbelievable! I entirely quote:

What an idiot.

On to CL, Manchester's in the final, now I pray for Barça to join them...

I was expecting more from Arsenal in this match, MU had no problems at all. Of course its full merit for United, they seem like a perfect team. Strong in all sectors and cold blooded in elimination matches.

Imperium
May 05, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yea we were rubbish. Fully hope barcelona will win the damn thing. Dont think i could stand another Chelsea - united final.

KnuckleheadedNinja
May 05, 2009, 06:09 PM
Wow. JOY TO THE WORLD, MAN U. IS IN THE FINAL AGAIN. :XD

I hope Barca beat Chelsea. I want us to face the best team of the two, and i think Barca is that.

Barca vs. Man U. will be a dream match.

Mendes
May 06, 2009, 03:31 AM
I think everyone agrees Barça - MU would be awesome... almost make me consider buying a ticket for Rome!

Lohnt
May 06, 2009, 05:17 AM
What the hell was that 0-3 goal... Arsenal was just non-existant in that fast break play down the ENTIRE field, by 3 players..

Jesus I envy coaches like Sir Alex.

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 06, 2009, 07:26 AM
Messi won't be able to top Ronaldo's perfomance against Arsenal. Ronaldo has everything an attacker needs, when he's on form, he's the best player in the world.

blai
May 06, 2009, 09:48 AM
Let's hope Man U will screw up 2games in PL so Liverpool can get the trophy shall we? :o
Since it's 9 easy pts the next games.

West Ham 09/05 Liverpool
West Bromwich 17/05 Liverpool
Liverpool 24/05 Tottenham Hotspurs

Saintz0r
May 06, 2009, 04:02 PM
Ok, 'bout the champions:
Arsenal x Man. Utd -> Boooooring game after the first 12 minutes, when the game was decided. Personally I don't think C. Ronaldo did a greeeeat game, but it was good, he scored twice and his team won.

Chelsea x Barça -> It was even worse :XD
I mean, Essien kick was great, but Barça couldn't get Cech to make a save, Messi got Ronaldo's invisibility cloak for this game and Chelsea played like the small team they are, always in the defense. The best of course was Iniesta's goal ehehe

Let's see Man. Utd against Barça now, I hope Messi decides to show up there.

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 06, 2009, 04:11 PM
Ok, 'bout the champions:
Arsenal x Man. Utd -> Boooooring game after the first 12 minutes, when the game was decided. Personally I don't think C. Ronaldo did a greeeeat game, but it was good, he scored twice and his team won.

Chelsea x Barça -> It was even worse :XD
I mean, Essien kick was great, but Barça couldn't get Cech to make a save, Messi got Ronaldo's invisibility cloak for this game and Chelsea played like the small team they are, always in the defense. The best of course was Iniesta's goal ehehe

Let's see Man. Utd against Barça now, I hope Messi decides to show up there.

:notrust

Man U vs Barca, we will be favourites, Abidal and Alves miss the match and Ronaldo is better than Messi.

Messi did nothing against chelsea.

Ronaldo, rooney, tevez, berba, park, all licking their lips in anticipation.

btw referee was awful but the way chelsea reacted like drogba was horrific.

KnuckleheadedNinja
May 06, 2009, 04:47 PM
MAN U. VS BARCA FOR FINAL. The dream match is going is on. Man, i can't wait for the match.

I think we are the stronger team, and we should be raising the trophy again.

Mendes
May 06, 2009, 04:51 PM
I think that Chelsea-Barça's referee was also full of finals between MU and Chelsea! They were robbed... Pique's hand ball was outrageous.

I think Chelsea did a good and cold game, just like in the 1st hand, but this time they invested more on counter-attacks. They could/should have decided the game sooner, and they didnt, and they paid for it. It was Barça's 1st strike at goal and it got in. Iniesta, you're my hero! I won a bet thanks to you!

Looking forward to my dream final match! I do think the absence of Abidal and specially Daniel Alves will have an important effect on the final, but that doesnt make MU favorites at all. Its a final, and I dont believe Barça is weaker than MU in most sectors. I think Messi is better than Ronaldo because of the number of chances he creates in most matches. It wasnt the case against Chelsea, but usually he's behind every offensive move of his team, and that being Barça, its a hell of a complement. Ronaldo just takes his chances, brilliantly. But he's totally not a playmaker.

Man this final makes me want to go to Rome so bad!

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 06, 2009, 05:03 PM
I personally think Ronaldo is better, he can do more things, play different styles, adapt to different tactics, better at long ranged shots, better header of the ball. IMO Messi plays against weak defenses, still he's the 2nd best player, but I would rather have ronaldo than messi.

Lohnt
May 06, 2009, 06:08 PM
That was a penalty, but I don't care, Barca is in the finals, hopefully Henry plays.

Lelo
May 07, 2009, 12:21 AM
Oh my god, what the hell was that. I can't believe what happen in the Barca game, and with a man down. I just finished watching it. When Iniesta scored I went nuts, what a goal. I'm happy they won, now we get the dream match, hopefully every player on both teams are healthy and ready to go. I can't wait, GO MAN U

And at the end of that game I thought Ballack and Terry were going to knock out that ref, they were pissed off, that's the worst way to go, by far. But I'm happy Chelsea lost :tem

Starzen
May 07, 2009, 02:41 AM
you should have seen drogba, if thought terry and ballack was bad, for me chelsea should have finished off barca instead of defending they lead. I hope henry makes it for the finals cos barca suck with out his runs and supply. Looking forward to messi vs ronaldo in the finals.

goldb
May 07, 2009, 05:36 AM
yeah me too, the ballack vs referee incident was hilarious, i'm pissed that i missed the drogba rant in front of the camera but apparently it was "really fun" says my brother.

Chelsea should be really disappointed, they had so many chances and were two minutes away from the final and just lost focus as Barca scored from their only shot on target. they should have had at the very least 2 penalties but the referee was a disgrace; sending off Abidal when there was hardly any contact and some of the yellow cards and fouls he gave were a joke.

Now we look forward to the final; a Messi vs Ronaldo showdown...hope they play on the same wing :p

joe_bevis
May 07, 2009, 12:32 PM
I'm so glad that Chelski got beat, I don't care how!

it has been funny to hear all the rumours about match fixing and other stuff

blai
May 07, 2009, 01:14 PM
people tend to start rumours when Chelsea get beaten ;/

Starzen
May 07, 2009, 01:48 PM
The only thing that barca got from that game is that they need to creat a new defence as 3 of their defenders wont be playing. The drogba rant was hilarious, he got a yellow card for that. I need to review the rules.

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 07, 2009, 01:53 PM
I expect Toure to play in defense in the final, that'll be to Man Utd's benefit, as I didn't see anything great from Keita. For me we have to pick a midfield that can stop players like Iniesta, Park will play, and Anderson should as well, to bully the midfield.

Saintz0r
May 07, 2009, 02:16 PM
The Emperor's back O0

http://img.terra.com.br/i/2009/05/07/1192328-3148-it2.jpg

ps: I heard that the referee of Chelsea x Barça got many messages saying he'd be killed, is that true? Lol, Chelsea fans have enough reasons to be pissed :p

And Diego just scored Bremen's goal in the Uefa Cup, he's been in great shape recently :P

Pirulito
May 07, 2009, 02:29 PM
I didn't watch Bremen's match but Diego always goes well in Europe. But in Brazit team.... tsc.

And, you know, rumours said that Diego will play for Juventus next season.

thsv
May 07, 2009, 03:08 PM
The only thing that barca got from that game is that they need to creat a new defence as 3 of their defenders wont be playing. The drogba rant was hilarious, he got a yellow card for that. I need to review the rules.

A referee can issue a card at anytime after the teamsheet has been handed in before the game starts and after the final whistle as long as the player is still on the pitch as long as he mentions it in his match report. It's more down the precedent than an actual rule. There was an incident years ago where a player got a second yellow card and refused to leave the pitch. So he was shown a second red card. As he left he started to hurl abuse at the ref and got a third card

ps: I heard that the referee of Chelsea x Barça got many messages saying he'd be killed, is that true? Lol, Chelsea fans have enough reasons to be pissed :p

Yep. Chelsea released a statement condemning death threats.

Lelo
May 08, 2009, 12:56 AM
lol, just saw drogbas reaction after the game. What a baby, seriously, nobody could control him. He was acting like a baby the whole game too, he was always on the floor crying. He was really pissed, especially cause before the game every chelsea player came up to him like a leader, basa

Hayashida
May 08, 2009, 02:24 AM
id stab that faux-ref through the heart if i saw him as he did to me and every other cfc sup.
if barca had outplayed us then fair enough, but no
absotlute farce

at least uefa got the final they wanted

Lohnt
May 10, 2009, 06:28 AM
I hope Bremen win the Cup.

Saintz0r
May 10, 2009, 08:35 AM
/\
I'll cheer for Bremen, but I think it'll be hard for them to win. Diego won't play the match and he's half of Bremen's offense

And Tevez is very good today, that kick on the post was amazing :P

goldb
May 10, 2009, 10:47 AM
well...Arsenal are already losing 2-0 against Chelsea, this is not looking good

blai
May 10, 2009, 01:00 PM
Why did Man U have to win? Oh and on Wed they have Wigan...

Ah well, at least the Reds won with three to nothing vs West Ham U.

I really hope for Middlesbrough on Mon though, want they to stay in Barclays

Mendes
May 11, 2009, 06:10 AM
4 straight times portuguese champion: FCPORTO!!!

Saintz0r
May 11, 2009, 11:42 AM
4 straight times portuguese champion: FCPORTO!!!

Congratulations Mendes :amuse I envy you, last time Flamengo won the brazilian was in 1992 :XD

Btw, we had an amazing goal in this first round of the Brazilian chapionship.
Nilmaradona (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuaN-GmZZE)

thsv
May 11, 2009, 11:56 AM
Congratulations Mendes :amuse I envy you, last time Flamengo won the brazilian was in 1992 :XD

pfffff

Is that all?

Last time Tottenham won the league was 1961

I'm beyond envying others when their team wins the title

Lelo
May 11, 2009, 02:20 PM
^ lol Tottenham :tem

blai
May 11, 2009, 02:34 PM
A friend of mine cheers for Tottenham. It's fun when they're playing vs Liverpool b/c i always bring my liverpool-shirt, go to his place, watch the game, and then mock the shit outta him after the game if/when the reds win.

joe_bevis
May 11, 2009, 03:00 PM
I don't want the season to end, I can't bear the weekends of no football :bored

at least next year there will be world cup

Saintz0r
May 11, 2009, 04:08 PM
And this year in july we've the Confederations Cup, which Brasil will win, so I guess there won't be much fun to the others :XD

Mendes
May 11, 2009, 04:24 PM

Thank you!
Btw watta goal!

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
How old is the guy that scored the goal?

Imperium
May 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
How old is the guy that scored the goal?24

I don't want the season to end, I can't bear the weekends of no football Oh, the summer will be filled with goody transfer rumours. Will he go? Will he come? Will they strengthen? The joy...-_-;

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 11, 2009, 04:39 PM
I actually like the transfer window, a lot of transfers, a lot of rumours, clubs sign players, fan get new hope before the season starts, it's all good, the only downside is if your club is inactive *cough Man Utd*cough*.

blai
May 11, 2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah it's pretty fun with the transfer window. You never know who'll go to where and it'll be a lot of "JAAY" and "NOWAY" along the road.

Mendes
May 11, 2009, 06:53 PM
I actually like the transfer window, a lot of transfers, a lot of rumours, clubs sign players, fan get new hope before the season starts, it's all good, the only downside is if your club is inactive *cough Man Utd*cough*.

This time I'm gonna count the times Ronaldo says he dreams of playing for Madrid.
I'd LMAO if he ended up going to Barcelona! He'd have to hire a whole special ops team to protect him from RM's fans... and MU's

thsv
May 11, 2009, 10:23 PM
I don't want the season to end, I can't bear the weekends of no football :bored

at least next year there will be world cup
Do what me and my friends at work do.

Follow the MLS.

Just watch the games. Don't worry about the league standings. Some of those defences are terrible.

blai
May 12, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm considering going to RSA for the WC in football... aargh don't know if i should or shouldn't. Either I go in December for a month or I'll go during our summer (their winter) for the WC...

Anywho, AIK is in the top four now after eight rounds, jay! And next game is vs Djurgarden, lol, Stockholm derby and 3 easy points! Continue like this, own the qualifications and we have a Swedish team in the CL next year.

Best line-up for 10years.

Mendes
May 12, 2009, 07:58 PM
Other than RM's endless transfer rumors, I read that Tevez was on his way to L'pool. Don't believe it till I see though...

Lelo
May 12, 2009, 10:52 PM
Tevez to Liverpool, what? That would be a great pick up for them, sucks he's leaving Man U, or is he? :tem

goldb
May 13, 2009, 05:44 AM
yeah I read something similar today in the papers, This was apparently said by his agent (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5318166,00.html)
we'll wait to see what the summer holds for us.

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 13, 2009, 07:08 AM
Best footy gif ever.

http://i40.tinypic.com/30sa4b8.gif

blai
May 13, 2009, 08:07 AM
Jay jay jay jay! The cup drawings in Hattrick are here, I'm gonna play vs some div. 8 team lol.
Making it through the first round easily.

And Tevez to Liverpool would be a great addition. Hope he'll go there, they need a new forward.. or well, need or need.. It'll be a great addition

Mendes
May 13, 2009, 01:52 PM
Best footy gif ever.

http://i40.tinypic.com/30sa4b8.gif

LOOOL!
1 thing happened out of these 2:
1-Ronaldo thought: 'Oh, no, I'm gay! :O'
2-Ronaldo thought: 'Oh, no, I'm not the best in the world after all... :'('

Hayashida
May 14, 2009, 08:15 PM
yeah tevez seems pretty keen to leave, a shame, he's done wonders for mancs
livers need a good winger, apparently theyre going for silva.....id prefer them both at chelsea though lol

Mendes
May 16, 2009, 10:07 AM
Congrats to MU, a deserved win on PL this year. I was glad the competition increased, with L'pool showing finally regularity on the league. I hope next season Arsenal can keep up too. I think they're the team out of the big 4 that needs reinforcements the most, since every year they have tons of injuries

hatsuharupeace
May 16, 2009, 10:12 AM
Saw the match, Arsenal deserved to win that match hands-down. That second half, Arsenal were practically camped in MU's half, but definately congratz to MU for winning the league this year, hope Liverpool can do a lot better next season.

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
:crying 18 titles and that's a fact! :woot

It feels like the season is over but then I remember we have the CL final still!

No one can deny, Alex Ferguson is the greatest manager of all time.

And trust in Fergie because I think he's right to choose Berbatov over Tevez. Tevez has never played great when he's started, he's better as a impact sub.

The squad as a whole won the league, 3 leagues in a row is tough, and Fergie's got 11th league titles, amazing. And he's still got a few years to go.

Next we conquer Rome!

Lohnt
May 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
Ok, let's be serious. In terms of MU, Berbatov has outperformed Tevez on every level, if they HAVE to choose (which I don't see why they do) they chose correctly.

In a twist no one saw coming (brimming with last seasons irony) MU should sign Robinho from City, perfect replacement for CR

My club is broke.. yay for us and our 4 penalty loss to the red menace.

goldb
May 16, 2009, 04:45 PM
Congrats to Man Utd, a very deserved title but the title race was very challenging with Liverpool this season, points total are really coming down now; everyone's getting stronger except Arsenal!!! We really need to get some experienced players in, Arsene Wenger is tight with money, it's not as if it's coming out of his own pocket is it???

He really needs to rethink his whole strategy...It's all well that we play beautiful football but not everyone has that mentality so we need at least a plan B and C for those other challenging games and we definetly need some defenders, an out and out striker and some leg-breaking midfielders

@Lohnt: what team do you support???

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 17, 2009, 05:52 AM
Anyone else see Ronaldo interviewing Anderson on Sky Sports? :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pMQSqUsWgE

goldb
May 17, 2009, 05:59 AM
Lol comical stuff

"speak english"
"I don't speak english..."
"people need to understand you..."

Lol nice changing room atmosphere, shame I don't really like their team :p

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 17, 2009, 06:06 AM
"You were a lil' bit disappointing becoz you come one and you touch only one time on the bawl" :rofl

Lohnt
May 17, 2009, 06:13 AM
My favorite club is AEK FC, and that was a typo, we lost in the cup final in a 34 penalty shootout to Olympiacos, after a score of 4-4. Right now we have the best coach in Greece, possibly the best goalie, and certainly the best scorer who once again got the top scorer title with no playmakers.

But sadly this season, we were inspired due to the possible return of a wealthy mafia investor (http://people.forbes.com/profile/dimitris-melisanidis/1802) who is claiming he has no money to support us due to the economic crisis.
So we have to sell players, unfortunately other clubs want the players we MUST keep if we are to advance in Europe next season. Also we're playing in the playoffs with 3 injured starting defenders, but surprisingly we're 1 point from the second place (which plays Ch. League).

Ok, so enough of my depressing club support, I have a question.
Does anyone follow the Italian league? Is Kaka at ALL anywhere near the level he was 2 years ago? IS it my imagination or has Milan become a joke despite the super-stars in its lineup?
Does it just buy and destroy star-athletes now? Is Milan that great of a party city that I should go and be destroyed like Ronaldhino, Kaka, Becks, Shevchenko, Pato and Gattuso etc I mean, they couldn't even win in their league and Inter, I'm sorry but are not as impressive as they seem if you defend Ibra well, I mean even Panathinaikos beat them pretty decisively, even if it was 1-0

blai
May 19, 2009, 04:20 PM
Argh, ah well fought Reds, we'll get 'em next year!

Now let's go go go go follow the gossip for the drafts!

goldb
May 19, 2009, 04:45 PM
Drafts??? you watch too much american sports, we call it transfer window. Yeah it's gonna be a fun summer to see how comes and goes

blai
May 19, 2009, 04:57 PM
Nooooes we call it drafts in Sweden too b/c of the NHL "drafts", transfer window takes too long to say/write lol and i'm lazy :P

Grizz
May 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
That's hw you knw, the football in sweden is fake, hw can you say drafts, when your country is a european one.... anyone who knows footy will say its called transfer window... Which team do you support Blai??

blai
May 20, 2009, 01:14 AM
In the uk it's eeeasy the reds and in sweden it's AIK.

And i know, but I'm used to chat with people from the states and they raaage when i say soccer instead of football for example so i'm mixing my brittish with american english all the time so idk.. :/

Grizz
May 20, 2009, 05:08 AM
lol.... why do all foreigners support the red devils??? and AIK?? are they meant to be good or sumtin??

blai
May 20, 2009, 08:14 AM
idk why i support liverpool, i liked aston villa as a child but i played as liverpool on my Fifa 99 when i was a kiddo and i've liked them since :p (when owen and bergkamp played) lol

and AIK is the shiiiiet in Allsvenskan ! :p

Grizz
May 20, 2009, 08:20 AM
omd another liverpool suporter.... you guys are everywhere....

blai
May 20, 2009, 08:23 AM
I'm sorry lol but i barely know any lp fan, everyone's like woo chelsea and man u ftwomglol!

I'm like the only Liverpool-fan i know:plot

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 20, 2009, 08:44 AM
wtf drafts? That sounds shitty

Grizz
May 20, 2009, 08:51 AM
i think everyone shud support arsenal, they ROCK!!!!!!!!

thsv
May 20, 2009, 10:05 AM
i think everyone shud support arsenal, they ROCK!!!!!!!!

Yeah, well its pretty easy to support Arsenal now. Where were you in the pre George Graham days?

Grizz
May 20, 2009, 11:41 AM
What you mean its easy to support Arsenal now???? this is maybe the worst season ever!!!!. George Graham, yeah he was good but we never played attractive football when he was in charge...

goldb
May 20, 2009, 12:00 PM
WE? were you part of the team Joe?? :plol

Grizz
May 20, 2009, 12:07 PM
Obviously not... but back then it was all about winning.. nutin else matterd, but now its about winning beautifully...

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 20, 2009, 01:20 PM
If Arsenal are able to get it right, playing beautiful football while being able to defend and become more tough, they will be fearful opponents, probably win the league.

goldb
May 20, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah but that's all very unlikely...cos of Arsene Wenger's beliefs and transfer policies

Grizz
May 20, 2009, 01:30 PM
Arsene Wenger is the football version of MJ.. Paedophile

Lohnt
May 20, 2009, 06:13 PM
Everyone loves Liverpool because Torres is a bishoen and this is an anime forum.
In every single betting house in my hometown, everyone is pro-Chelsea.
And everyone else I know is pro-Manchester.

But, I actually started liking Liverpool this year because Gerard is on the best season of his life and he's honestly the player of the year in my opinion.

Grizz
May 21, 2009, 06:42 AM
For me Gerrard is always my player of the year... even though am an Arsenal fan lol

goldb
May 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
hehehehe funny, Gerrad's the man...one of the most inspirational players in the world

Grizz
May 21, 2009, 09:59 AM
Inspirational.. that's doesn't even describe him, Ronney is inspirational, Gerrard is sumtin else..

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 21, 2009, 04:46 PM
Shame he'll never win the PL. :p

Lohnt
May 21, 2009, 05:11 PM
As for Arsenal, it's a lot easier to love them now with Arshavin.
Ever since Zenit's big surprise last year I've probably been his biggest fan. You honestly can't deny the boy's skill.

Next year will be interesting, assuming Fabregas stays, Walcott is healthy and Arsenal gets some decent transfers.
Because is CR leaves, Arshavin is a shoe in for player of the year, and worlds greatest Left winger (yea even with Messi).. that is unless CR goes to Barca.. man that would be ironic.

Grizz
May 22, 2009, 12:05 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo, wouldnt go to Barcelona.. maybe Real, but i doubt he will move this summer.. why wold he even think about changing clubs after the success Man Utd have had in the past few years...

Mendes
May 22, 2009, 05:40 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo, wouldnt go to Barcelona.. maybe Real, but i doubt he will move this summer.. why wold he even think about changing clubs after the success Man Utd have had in the past few years...

Because there is something I don't truly understand about the Real Madrid disease. It seems like every player in the world has erotic dreams with RM... Even messi said (in public!) that if Florentino Perez called him, he'd pick up...

Grizz
May 22, 2009, 06:02 AM
All this players have big issues, RM arent even classed as a super team anymore... they have too many world class players its hard to mix them together....

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 22, 2009, 07:19 AM
Ronaldo won't leave, Ferguson has moral authority, he is probably the only manager who could keep Ronaldo, when players leave it's because Fergie let's them. Ronaldo also just signed a new Nike deal for a few years which means it would be bizarre to break that up by going to Real, furthermore Ronaldo is happy with Man Utd so he would only leave if Man Utd accepted a bid.

Grizz
May 22, 2009, 11:35 AM
but am so sure that he's nike deal hasnt got anything to do with him moving clubs...

◆ T.D.A ◆
May 22, 2009, 12:07 PM
k you didn't understand the situation

Grizz
May 22, 2009, 12:12 PM
k you didn't understand the situation

lol... just realised what you meant on your previous post,

Imperium
May 24, 2009, 02:33 PM
Newcastle down, good riddance. Wolfsburg win the bundesliga, good job. Season over in most places. Cl final almost here.

Btw, best transfer story to date (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5343845,00.html). With ashley cole and his mobile phones...its a match made in heaven.

goldb
May 24, 2009, 03:47 PM
I've never heard of that Assmann keeper till now...guess I'm not as knowledgable as i thought I was.... Congrats to Hull for escaping despite their defeat, Newcastle ohhh Newcastle!!! What happened??? and Middlesbrough...well they were doomed from the begining...

Champions League Final Here we come!!!!

ps.This'll be the 1st time in 6 years that Lyon won't win the league...ABOUT TIME!!!

blai
May 24, 2009, 03:48 PM
I'm sure that it's good in long term for NC to drop down.. srsly

Grizz
May 24, 2009, 08:14 PM
Am so glad Newcastle have gone down, theres going to be a huge sale of players at the club....

Pirulito
May 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
And Diego is one of the La Vecchia Signora now.

goldb
May 26, 2009, 12:30 PM
Really? for how much? I thought a club in England woulda snapped him him...

Lohnt
May 26, 2009, 06:28 PM
Inter and Juve made big transfers to take on the Ch. League next year.. and with Milan in the mix, it should be an interesting Italian trio fighting against the current favorites.

Mendes
May 27, 2009, 04:21 AM
I heard 25M€. Good reinforcement for Juve. I'm just not convinced with Inter, every transfer rumor I hear they seem to be looking to replace their old players for old players. I thought Mou would finally bring some fresh legs to Inter. Milan needs to strengthen their defense

goldb
May 27, 2009, 06:26 AM
I heard today that Mourinho is thinking of stealing Carvalho from Chelsea?
What they need is good mid-aged players, to mix with the experienced old guys the have....otherwise they'll become like AC Milan

Pirulito
May 27, 2009, 08:38 AM
Milan needs to strengthen their defense

They have Thiago Silva, this guy is monster and will improve even more. Even Maldini considers Thiago as his successor and some people in Brazil say he is better than Lucio and he could be one of the best backs in the world when him adapts to european football.

This season Thiago couldn't play 'cause Milan had already exceeded the quota of foreign. But next season, take a look on this dude.

blai
May 27, 2009, 10:52 AM
Finals today, stacking up with beers/crisps

Not sure what the outcome'll be.. Think that utd'll take it but it's going to be interesting to see the start-11...

goldb
May 27, 2009, 11:07 AM
Seems Barca's gonna have a few key players out...But even with a fully fit team, it would be difficult to bet Man Utd

Starzen
May 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
All hail Barcelona, it sucks to be you Man U.

blai
May 27, 2009, 03:42 PM
</3 Starzen...... </3

Mendes
May 27, 2009, 04:57 PM
Dream team match, but not a dream scorsheet... I dreamed of 5-5 :(

Congrats to Barça.

@pirulitokun
yeah I guess you're right, I know he's very promissing, didnt knew he was already in Milan

goldb
May 27, 2009, 05:07 PM
Go on Barca...great match....for Barca, Man utd were 2nd best for the majority of the game. The attractive football proved best. I need a lie down..I can't feel my fingers anymore

Lohnt
May 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
So ends another season..
The better team won, but I can't say I'm excited.

goldb
May 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
really? how come?

Saintz0r
May 27, 2009, 07:01 PM
Congrats to Barça! Unfortunately I couldnt see the game live, but i just watched it and Barça deserved to win. After Eto'o goal MU was finished.

@Milan
Thiago Silva is VERY good, I've no doubts that he'll become a defender of Cannavaro's level someday.

@Mendes
You should be getting worried, Benfica bought Ramires :XD Dunga called him for the games in the WC qualifiers. And believe me, he deserves to play in the first team, he's much better than Josué and Gilberto Silva. Imo he's best than Anderson too.
ps: Tell someone in Porto to give us Ibson for free :XD Flamengo really needs him, hehe

Mendes
May 28, 2009, 05:23 AM
Ramires may be the best player in the world, he's gonna get wasted in Benfica, like every other good player (Deco cof cof)... Benfica's doomed to fail with their current structure. Anyway, I don't get why he'd choose Benfica since they didnt qualify for the champions league... again.
About Ibson, he probably will go for free. Our coach doesnt like him. We the fans want him... but it cant be helped

Lohnt
May 28, 2009, 05:56 AM
Benfica can go die.

I was disappointed because Barca is proven to be just that good.. which means next year since there is no real way for other teams to compete with them, we'll have the return of the galacticos probably. Starting with Kaka, Ronaldo and possibly Messi.
Ironically the circle is very close to its equivelant in the 90s.. I just hope AEK can have another 3-3 tie in Madrid if the Galacticos return.

Either way, I really wanted to see smaller teams like Bayern and Lyon compete next season, but it looks like the only teams that have a chance at the finals are MU with Ribery and Benzema (a great duo), Chelsea with another star, Liverpool with Villa (DO IT BENITEZ!) or Inter/Milan/Real/Juve based on summer trades.

Essentially, I'm disappointed because competition seems to have died down and deste how well teams like Porto played for example, I can't see them reaching final 4. Meaning that the final will ultimately be Spain/England teams and reach new heights of boring as Chelsea plays Liverpool for the 1000000th time, and Arsenal plays Barca/MU

Grizz
May 28, 2009, 07:44 AM
Man utd just got ouplayed last night.. talk about the build up to the game, ronaldo was being really cocky saying they were definetly going to win... what a joke.... well done barca

Hayashida
May 30, 2009, 12:26 AM
Man utd just got ouplayed last night.. talk about the build up to the game, ronaldo was being really cocky saying they were definetly going to win... what a joke.... well done barca

totally, who could've picked it?
guess barca are the best in the world
....should've been chelsea lol

goldb
May 30, 2009, 06:20 AM
It SHOULDA been Chelsea in the final, but they would've lost to Man United imo. But the Chelsea fans must be gutted and kicking themselves that a team they practically dealt with beat Man Utd so convicingly...

Imperium
May 30, 2009, 07:26 PM
For the Argentinians, just how good is javier pastore? I've been hearing about for some time now...-_-;

Bordeaux won ligue 1, marseille came second and thus breaking the lyon dominance of france (finally!). In other news, saint ettiene didnt get relegated, congrats xophien xDDDD

Btw, lohnt "for the small teams like bayern" xDDDD

Mega-Fulgor
May 30, 2009, 08:19 PM
For the Argentinians, just how good is javier pastore? I've been hearing about for some time now...-_-;

He's a Riquelme/Lucho González kind of player, talented but slow and apathetic. Some european team'll probably buy him in several millions and regret the decision shortly after.

goldb
May 31, 2009, 06:26 AM
How old is he? cos i've heard that name thrown around a few times but didnt bother to check it out...

blai
May 31, 2009, 07:14 AM
idk if this count for this thread but my team won with 7-0 on my fantasy football league jay

digitaldude
May 31, 2009, 08:06 AM
*celebrates with Blai*
oh yeah!

That match sucked really badly, as soon as eto scored that goal in the 10th minute man u were out of it.

Lohnt
May 31, 2009, 10:56 AM
Btw, lohnt "for the small teams like bayern" xDDDD

You laugh, because deep down you know it's true. I don't care how many goals they score, they haven't really accomplished anything lately.

I've also lost a little bit of respect for the Budesliga since Greek teams keep kicking German teams in the knickers every time we play.

Saintz0r
May 31, 2009, 08:14 PM
Quick comment:

Adriano, the Emperor - 1 game, 1 goal O0

Imperium
June 01, 2009, 09:30 AM
Goals of the season (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/poll/2009/jun/01/european-goal-of-the-season1), slightly anglo-centric since its is an english paper. But a good lineup i'd say :p

goldb
June 01, 2009, 09:47 AM
1st goal was amazing, had a zidan-esque feel to it... the way gourcuff just moved the ball..., very good line up...

Lelo
June 01, 2009, 12:58 PM
totally, who could've picked it?
guess barca are the best in the world
....should've been chelsea lol

thats going to haunt us for a while, Barca should not have been in the finals. Barca f**ked the EPL by taking out Chelsea the way they did and then beating ManU. If you look at the first 10 mins of that game we were on fire, we had 5 shots on goal already, until Barca took its first shot on goal and made it 1-0, and we still got some good shots after but that first goal threw us way off. Now we wait to see who stays and who goes for ManU