PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 26, 2006, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the greatest sport in the world!

You can call it football, soccer, voetbal, fußball, futebol, fútbol, sakkā, calcio, футбол, ποδόσφαιρο, כדורגל, bola sepak, sepak bola, 축구, 足球 -- and you'll end up with the same game. One ball, two teams, 2x45 minutes, two sides of the field, the referee, the game, and the victory.

This is where you can talk about the teams, the players, the managers, the owners, the fans, the leagues, the tournaments -- the game!

Remember: No Flaming is allowed.

Fair Play, Kick Racism Out of Football and may the best team wins!

Thanks :DPosted on: December 24, 2006, 10:47:14 PM_________________________________________________[b]EPL fans, Rejoice!

In honor of the Boxing Day tradition, there will be matches on December 26th 2006.
Here are the match lineup:

Chelsea 2-2 Reading
CHE: Drogba 38',72'; REA: L. Lita 67', Essien (o.g) 86'

Tottenham H. 2-1 Aston Villa
TOT: Defoe 58', 72'; AST: Barry 82'

West Ham U. 1-2 Portsmouth
WHU: Sheringham 81'; POR: Primus 16',38'

Blackburn R. 1-0 Liverpool
BLA: McCarthy 49'

Bolton W. 2-1 Newcastle U.
BOL: Ramage (o.g) 33', Anelka 57'; NEW: Dyer 8'

Everton 0-0 Middlesbrough

Manchester U. 3-1 Wigan Athletic
MANU: Ronaldo 47', 50' Solksjaer 59'; WIG: Baines (pen.) 90'

Sheffield U. 0-1 Manchester C.
MANC: Ireland 79'

Watford 1-2 Arsenal
WAT: Smith 23'; ASNL: Silva 10', van Persie 83'

EPL Match for Dec 27th 2006

Charlton 2-2 Fulham
CHA: Ambrose 19', D. Bent 45'; FUL: McBride 13', Quedrue 90'

Posted on: December 25, 2006, 07:06:32 PM_________________________________________________[b]Matches in Eredivisie for Dec 26th 2006

Feyenoord Rotterdam 1-1 PSV Eindhoven
FEY: Charisteas 38'; PSV: Cocu 24'

Willem II Tilburg 2-1 Excelsior Rotterdam
WIL: Imschoot 82',84'; EXC: Slory 10'

FC Groningen 0-1 Sparta Rotterdam
SPAR: van Bueren 64'

Matches in Eredivisie for Dec 27th 2006

Den Haag - RKC Waalwijk

FC Twente Enschede - AZ Alkmaar

FC Utrecht - Heracles Almelo

NAC Breda - Vitesse Arnhem

NEC Nijmegen - SC Heerenveen

Ajax Amsterdam - Roda Kerkrade
Posted on: December 25, 2006, 07:09:32 PM_________________________________________________[b]Scotland Premier League schedule for Dec 26th 2006

Hearts 3-2 Hibernian
HEA: Hartley 2', Jankauskas 49, Mikolunas 70'; HIB: Killen 54' Shiels (pen.) 61'

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
ABE: Maguire 6', Nicholson 9', Lovel 87'; KIL: Naismith 89'

Celtic 2-2 Dundee United
CEL: O'Dea 78', Nakamura 80'; DUN: Robertson 17', Samuel 58'

Dunfermline 0-2 Motherwell
MOT: Fitzpatrick 26', McDonald 79'

St. Mirren 1-0 Falkirk
STM: Lappin 67'

Posted on: December 25, 2006, 11:16:32 PM_________________________________________________[b]International Friendly

Thailand 2-0 Singapore

Check back this post for final time results!

bax
December 26, 2006, 07:37 AM
My pick on EPL (Boxing Day) :amuse

Chelsea - Reading
Chelsea 2-0 :notrust

Tottenham H. - Aston Villa
Draw 1-1

West Ham U. - Portsmouth
West Ham 1-0

Blackburn R. - Liverpool
Liverpool 3-1

Bolton W. - Newcastle U.
Bolton 1-0

Everton - Middlesbrough
Draw 0-0

Manchester U. - Wigan Athletic
MU 2-0

Sheffield U. - Manchester C.
City 3-1

Watford - Arsenal
Arsenal 3-0 :woo

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 26, 2006, 07:56 AM
bax, lotsa confidence after crashing Blackburn with a 6-2 win, eh? :D

bax
December 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
bax, lotsa confidence after crashing Blackburn with a 6-2 win, eh? :D

Yeah :nuts I hope they play well like when they trashed Blackburn ^^ Actually, I kinda hope MU lost so they can close the gap at the top, but judging from their performance lately, it's kinda hard to deny them a win :notrust

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 26, 2006, 08:10 AM
Yeah :nuts I hope they play well like when they trashed Blackburn ^^ Actually, I kinda hope MU lost so they can close the gap at the top, but judging from their performance lately, it's kinda hard to deny them a win :notrust
You got that right, mister! Currently United has been blessed with only minor injuries problems and the way the team are playing right now, it would be hard to see them lost a match. I wish Reading could hold Chelsea with a draw, but they got Drogba. That guy is like the new Christian Vieri (in his golden days, of course), his off the ball movement is good, his shot are incredible, and his handling of vertical pass is not to shabby (Vieri's better, but Bierhoff is the best!).[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 08:10:00 PM_________________________________________________Haven't seen Xophien hangin' around this board. I'd love some news on Ligue 1.

bax
December 26, 2006, 08:14 AM
As much as I dislike Chelsea (only for their monopoly shopping spree), Drogba is great. He's tall, big and strong. And Chelsea got the tendency to score last minute goals :notrust

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 26, 2006, 08:33 AM
Mourinho is good at making attacking plays. They can close up their half and keep the opponent chasing for the ball, just when they're distracted enough... BAM! they score! Either it's by Didi or someone else, including a certain player who likes to make long range shots.
Another team i'd love to see winning is Portsmouth, not only because they wear my name on their shirt. But Redknapp managed to turn the lame team to one of the feared ones this season. :D

bax
December 26, 2006, 08:40 AM
I don't deny Mourinho's brain at all :D In fact, He's one of the best managers out there :nuts
Sheva is a waste for me, but they still have Lampard for long range and Terry is good at set pieces. Plus Robben and Joe Cole is still there too :notrust

And yes, Portsmouth is great this season. Much like Wigan a few seasons ago ^^ As much as I support Arsenal, the team is pretty penetrable at the back :( They are great at fatst and counter attacking but while they score goals, the also tend to let easy goals into their net >.>

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 26, 2006, 08:46 AM
Not just new tough defenders, Arsenal also need a new Vieira and a change of goalkeeper would be good, 37 is not exactly a great age for goalie anymore. I was surprised when they sold Campbell to Portsmouth. I heard there's bad blood between Wenger and Campbell now.

bax
December 26, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah.. and Lehmann is not my ideal keeper either >.< He seems to have seasons in his performance >.> I guess, his time should be over after World Cup. Perhaps they need to give some younger candidates the post. but yet again, until they settle their defensive problems, they shouldn't chnage I guess >.<

And good defenders are hard to find nowadays. And Arsenal is not the type to pay big transfer fees like MU or Chelsea >.>[br]Posted on: December 26, 2006, 08:56:52 AM_________________________________________________Bwahhahahaha....

Chelsea drew :amuse (no offense to Chelsea fans)

Xophien
December 27, 2006, 05:57 AM
Haven't seen Xophien hangin' around this board. I'd love some news on Ligue 1.

Well, the L1 players are currently taking a break so there's not really much to say^^;; since the french league starts a few weeks before most of the other european leagues, they take a two-weeks break for Christmas :amuse

So actually, the only interesting thing right now is the matter of Frédéric Piquionne, Saint-Etienne's striker, that Lyon >_< wants to buy. Hopefully, we'll manage to keep him (he's one of the best scorers of the french league this year), but Lyon has bigger wages :darn

But, well, I'll give news of the french league when it'll start again. I'm gonna make a .txt file where I'll write "Lyon has won 1-0 at the 87th minute" so I can copy-paste it each time :notrust

ibra87
December 27, 2006, 06:33 AM
Football thread? Juventus rocks! Lots of traitors it seems, but Juve will rise once again! (and long live Del Piero) :P

And Inter seems to be winning Series A (unfortunately) while Juve series B (hopefully).

Oh and a lil' question, is Ronlado still fat? (forgot to read the articles lately :p)

bax
December 27, 2006, 02:37 PM
Oh and a lil' question, is Ronlado still fat? (forgot to read the articles lately :p)

He was slowly gaining his ideal weight at the World Cup. But it seems that he is still slow at the moment. I miss his performance around the year 1997 and 1998 :nuts

And yay for Arsenal again ^^ Bleh.. but MU won >.> Chelsea drew ^^ and Liverpool lost :woo
Makes the fight for top four places more open now ^^ (except for the runaway top spot ofcourse)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 27, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well, the L1 players are currently taking a break so there's not really much to say^^;; since the french league starts a few weeks before most of the other european leagues, they take a two-weeks break for Christmas :amuse

So actually, the only interesting thing right now is the matter of Frédéric Piquionne, Saint-Etienne's striker, that Lyon >_< wants to buy. Hopefully, we'll manage to keep him (he's one of the best scorers of the french league this year), but Lyon has bigger wages :darn

But, well, I'll give news of the french league when it'll start again. I'm gonna make a .txt file where I'll write "Lyon has won 1-0 at the 87th minute" so I can copy-paste it each time :notrust
Looks like Lyon's owner got the Abrahamovicitis. Don't let them give him up, Xoph!

He was slowly gaining his ideal weight at the World Cup. But it seems that he is still slow at the moment. I miss his performance around the year 1997 and 1998 :nuts

And yay for Arsenal again ^^ Bleh.. but MU won >.> Chelsea drew ^^ and Liverpool lost :woo
Makes the fight for top four places more open now ^^ (except for the runaway top spot ofcourse)
Portsmouth won too! Well, they was playing against the Hammers and it took an old guy like Teddy to score. It's a shame really considering their team materials, they could do better.

@ibra: yes, he still is :D

Sorry I cant update the result for Eredivisie match on the 27th. I kept getting time out everytime i try to acces my source...

bax
December 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
Heh.. actually Lyon is one of my favourite to win the Champions' League this time. They are always great. But it's sad they're playing in less popular league --> when compared to the big ones like EPL, Serie A or La Liga.

Xophien
December 27, 2006, 06:16 PM
Heh.. actually Lyon is one of my favourite to win the Champions' League this time.

When you have a guy that is able to transform 95% of his freekicks into goals, of course it helps. And it's no matter the distance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-HqjcRXfgM), no matter the goalkeeper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4hHR8ui2c).

But it's sad they're playing in less popular league --> when compared to the big ones like EPL, Serie A or La Liga.

Not less "popular". Football in France is just as popular as in Spain or Italy (especially in three clubs, Lens, Saint-Etienne and Marseille). Just, the level isn't the same at all :sweat And though it pains me a lot to say it, Lyon would be better in a league like the EPL, because they're just too strong for the french Ligue 1 :blink I mean, the season is only halfway and they have a 15pts lead :s Heck, if they want to settle in the EPL, I think I'll take a loan to buy them all one-way plane tickets >.>

Seiken
December 27, 2006, 08:38 PM
Not less "popular". Football in France is just as popular as in Spain or Italy (especially in three clubs, Lens, Saint-Etienne and Marseille). Just, the level isn't the same at all :sweat And though it pains me a lot to say it, Lyon would be better in a league like the EPL, because they're just too strong for the french Ligue 1 :blink I mean, the season is only halfway and they have a 15pts lead :s Heck, if they want to settle in the EPL, I think I'll take a loan to buy them all one-way plane tickets >.>

Thats sweet but, you see, there is already a french team in EPL! :p

God knows I`m a big Arsenal-fan, but there too much french in the team! (No offense, anybody)
Plus, There is more than enough teams fighting over the title already.

By the way, how much do think Lyon want for Juninho? :grin2 Thats some insane freekicks!

Xophien
December 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
Thats sweet but, you see, there is already a french team in EPL! :p

God knows I`m a big Arsenal-fan, but there too much french in the team! (No offense, anybody)

Yeah, but with Wenger as the manager, I guess that can't be helped^^" But it's true that seeing that Arsenal has more french players than english players... I mean, of course it's great if the team is the best possible, but as a supporter, if something like that were to happen in my team, it would sadden me quite a lot. I'm not advising a "no foreigners" policy, but well, to me a team with 90% of foreigners just sounds like a team of mercenaries, nothing more. That's kinda sad. And no I don't say that because all the good player are fleeing the french league for the EPL or the Liga or the Seria A or the Bundesliga >.>

By the way, how much do think Lyon want for Juninho? :grin2 Thats some insane freekicks!

Probably too much. He's getting quite old anyway, 31 years old, and I don't think Lyon would sold him to any cost anyway. Ever since they bought him five years ago, they won the french league each year. I'm not saying a single man allowed them to won all the leagues like that, but still, he scored over 40 free kicks in those five years, so of course he is part of the reason Lyon is damn invincible in the french league :darn

Seiken
December 27, 2006, 10:16 PM
Probably too much. He's getting quite old anyway, 31 years old, and I don't think Lyon would sold him to any cost anyway. Ever since they bought him five years ago, they won the french league each year. I'm not saying a single man allowed them to won all the leagues like that, but still, he scored over 40 free kicks in those five years, so of course he is part of the reason Lyon is damn invincible in the french league :darn

Know how it feels with one dominant team in the league. Up here in Norway, Rosenborg has won 13 years in a row, from 1992 to 2004. Then finally another team claimed the title last year. But guess what. They won it again this year. :darn

That means they have been champions 16 times in the last 19 seasons! :s

.....I still want Juninho.... :p

Lohnt
December 29, 2006, 04:16 AM
I'd post here more, but I'm not terribly interested in non Greek soccer unless it's Uefa.
My team is Aek (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLi-n9-kcY) fav player was Demis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kut5OAh65pc) Nikolaidis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HlpDFgItSI) before he retired (early) and became the president of the club.

I get fox sports, and English soccer is on at times, but.... please take no offense to this, but I cannot STAND your god awful announcers. I want to grab my tv and toss it out the window, I want to cockslap those god damn announcers with their annoying voices. If you've ever heard Howard Stern's morning show, when he has the "bababababababa" sound effect play during annoying interviews, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Besides that, they tend to show Chelsey, and I hate Lampard with a passion.

Seiken
December 29, 2006, 09:30 AM
Besides that, they tend to show Chelsey, and I hate Lampard with a passion.

I like you! :amuse

What do you think about Trond Sollied getting fired from Olympiakos? He is norwegian, so its a big deal here in Norway, obviously.

Lohnt
December 29, 2006, 02:44 PM
Well, here's the thing about Greek soccer: It makes the Italian corruption look like a couple of lies.

Greek soccer has been in the pits since the 70's when the "hounda" or military dictatorship took power in Greece. Since then Olympiakos has had a lot of money and they used to use it well. Nowdays they just bribe the referees and buy the biggest name stars they can afford.

The problem with Olympiakos isn't Trond Sollied, what they wanted was another Savas Kofidis (ex coach of Iraklis who took a losing streak of 11 games and got them to 4th place within the second half of the season, one of the most incredible coaches, and players I have ever seen in action) or a Sera Ferer who has taken a decent AEK and make them work so well as a team that they beat Milan and Lille, even winning the first UEFA game ever. (we had all ties up to that point, even with Real Madrid).

Speaking of Real Madrid, that's how I see Olympiakos, buy a bunch of good players, stick them together, except in Olympiakos's case they aren't that good so they can't do miracles like Real does.
So overall, and no offense to Trond Sollied, because I think he is a gutsy and decent coach, the problem was that he wasn't a miracle worker, like 2 other coaches in Greece have been recently, and so Olympiakos has placed the entire blame in him. Because they would never place the blame in old man Rivaldo *rolls eyes* nope, he's our God.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 31, 2006, 09:02 AM
EPL Match for Dec 30th 2006

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Aston Villa
CHA: D. Bent 57', Hughes 90'; AST: Barry (pen.) 40'

Blackburn R. 2-1 Middlesbrough
BLA: Nonda 9', McCarthy 74'; MID: Yakubu (pen.) 61'

Bolton W. 3-2 Portsmouth
BOL: Diagne-Faye 30', Campo 40', Anelka 62'; POR: Taylor 2', Cole 89'

Chelsea 2-2 Fulham
CHE: Rosenior (o.g.) 35', Drogba 62'; FUL: Volz 2', Bocanegra 82'

Everton 3-0 Newcastle U.
EVE: Anichebe 9', 57', Neville 62'

Manchester U. 3-2 Reading
MANU: Solksjaer 33', Ronaldo 58', 77'; REA: Sonko 38', Lita 90'

Tottenham H. 0-1 Liverpool
LIV: Garcia 45'

Watford 1-1 Wigan Athletic
WAT: Priskin 44'; WIG: Heskey 23' (Game suspended due to rain)

West Ham U. 0-1 Manchester C.
MANC: Beasley 83'

Sheffield U. 1-0 Arsenal
SHE: Nade 41'

Leen
December 31, 2006, 09:15 AM
I only care about Liverpool so YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yelling :yelling
Garcia is wonderful, as usual. :luv

But interestingly, Arsenal lose. O.o Sheffield really pull it off this time around, huh? XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 31, 2006, 10:23 AM
Yup, their goalkeeper made some great saves and when the final whistle blew, they were celebrating like they just won the league :D

bax
December 31, 2006, 11:14 AM
o.O :scry

Arsenal lost >.< Like I said, their defence are just too penetrable >.<
Wenger... go find one or two good defenders....

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 01, 2007, 12:38 PM
EPL Match for January 1st 2007

Liverpool 3-0 Bolton W.
LIV: Crouch 61', Gerrard 63', Kuyt 83'

Fulham 0-0 Watford

Manchester C. 2-1 Everton
MANC: Samaras 50', (pen.) 72'; EVE: Osman 84'

Middlesbrough 3-1 Sheffield U.
MID: Viduka 36', Yakubu 69', (pen.) 76'; SHE: Jagielka (pen.) 45'

Portsmouth 1-1 Tottenham H.
POR: Benjani 29'; TOT: Malbranque 50'

Reading 6-0 West Ham U.
REA: Gunnarsson 12', Hunt 14', A. Ferdinand (o.g.) 30', K. Doyle 36', 78', Lita 53'

Wigan Athletic 0-3 Blackburn R.
BLA: Heskey (o.g.) 44', M. Derbyshire 58', B. McCarthy (pen.) 76'

Newcastle U. 2-2 Manchester U
NEWC: Milner 33', Edgar 77' ; MANU: Scholes 40', 46'

EPL Match for January 2nd 2007

Arsenal 4-0 Charlton Athletic
ARS: Henry 30', Hoyte 46', Van Persie 76', 90'

Aston Villa 0-0 Chelsea

Seiken
January 03, 2007, 06:39 AM
Yay, Arsenal won! :grin

After a humiliating defeat against Sheff Utd, they made amends.

Sheffield did play with a midfielder as goalkeeper the last 30 minuts after all.... :-(

bax
January 03, 2007, 08:05 AM
Yesh... Arsenal play brilliantly ^^ And Chelsea drew again ^^ :woo

I wonder what happened to Chelsea though. Before yesterday's match, they have conceded two goals in 4 straight matches.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 03, 2007, 05:29 PM
They don't have John Terry right now. With the England's skipper missing it's not that hard to score against Chelsea. What's hard is keeping them from not scoring back. :D[br]Posted on: January 03, 2007, 05:26:21 AM_________________________________________________Thanks for updating the scoresheet, bax :D

Epul
January 03, 2007, 11:27 PM
The pressure is obviously on chelsea at the moment. Maybe that is why thay are not playing well. Maybe they can't handle the pressure.

Seiken
January 11, 2007, 05:43 AM
What a great week of football.
Arsenal has beaten Liverpool twice at Anfield (five of six people who I live with is Liverpool-fans. Have I been mocking them? What do you think? :p), and Chelsea managed only to make a draw against Wycombe.

Little Wycombe, who plays in the 4th highest league in England! :o

Xophien
January 11, 2007, 09:02 AM
and Chelsea managed only to make a draw against Wycombe.

Little Wycombe, who plays in the 4th highest league in England! :o

We had almost the same thing in France, with Lyon almost making a draw in French Cup, against Bayonne who plays in the 4th french league, but Lyon ended up winning 2-1, with Juninho scoring a 30m free kick, fifteen minutes from the end, as always :notrust

Seiken
January 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
That Juninho, eh? Never stops astonding me a second... :eyeroll

Anyways, David Beckham has signed for LA Galaxy. Wonder how thats going to be like....

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 12, 2007, 08:29 PM
That Juninho, eh? Never stops astonding me a second... :eyeroll

Anyways, David Beckham has signed for LA Galaxy. Wonder how thats going to be like....
As good as he is. His move will just mean more plastic surgery for his wife. :D

Lohnt
January 13, 2007, 02:01 AM
Personally.. I think it's a bad thing.

Let's face it, like him or hate him, David Beckham is a fangirl/boy dream. I have a feeling he will popularize soccer to a certain degree in the states, depending on whether he decides to play seriously, or just play from the sidelines while enjoying his money.

If football is popularized in the U.S., I would fear for the future of the sport.. I mean, with the budget the teams here can afford, all the good players will leave Europe and come here for ridiculous amounts of money. My favorite club is debating whether to spend 1.5 million on an Italian foward that seems like he has a bright future because that is the most money the club has ever payed for a player! How are teams supposed to compete with 100+ million dollar American contracts?

I dunno, hopefully Americans won't be avid football watchers like me and think, "well even though he's and old man's 36 and garbage in Europe, he's still the best player in the U.S. so i'll watch it anyway" because if they do.. well ratings + popularity will ruin soccer in the world IMO. I would hate it if Europe lost it's elite status as "top rated" football (even though the best team in the Brazilian league once again defeated Barcelona in the world tournament).

Seiken
January 13, 2007, 08:24 AM
Heh, well said.

I dont mind that the American league will become bigger, but not on the cost of the European leagues quality.Internacional and São Paulo DID indeed beat both Liverpool and Barcelona, but I dare say that it was pure luck. Both were utterly outplayed, but were much more effective.

Still, I personally didnt mind, sice I dont like either one. :kukuku ( Barcelona and Liverpool, that is)

Watford 0-3 Liverpool
LIV: Bellamy 34', Crouch 40', 48'

West Ham 3–3 Fulham
WES: Zamora 28', Benayoun 46', 64'; FUL: Radzinski 17', McBride 59', Christanval 90'

Sheffield U. 1–1 Portsmouth
SHE: Quinn 22'; POR: O'Neill 81'

Manchester U. 3–1 Aston Villa
MANU: Park 11', Carrick 13', Ronaldo 35'; AST: Agbonlahor 52'

Chelsea 4–0 Wigan
CHE: Lampard 14', Robben 63' Kirkland(o.g.) 70', Drogba 90'

Charlton 1–3 Middlesbrough
CHA: Hasselbaink 27'; MID: Cattermole 45', Arca 64', Yakubu 68'

Bolton 0–0 Manchester C.

Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal
ARS: Toure 37', Henry 71'

EPL Match for January 14 2007

Everton 1-1 Reading
EVE: Johnson 81'; REA: Lescott (o.g.) 27'

Tottenham 2-3 Newcastle
TOT: Defoe 14', Berbatov 54'; NEWC: Huntington 14', Martins 72', Butt 73'

Epul
January 14, 2007, 09:28 PM
I watched the game between ManU and Villa. The way united play for the first 20-30 minutes was simply amazing! Chelsea plaed well to. I guess the story about Mourinho quitting Chelsea did not affect them.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the EPL results, Alex-san! :D
ManUtd played great, but Rooney and Saha missed out on a lot of good shot. They should've scored more.
On the other hand, Newcastle looks better and I hope their performance will get better. :D

*Mel*
January 17, 2007, 11:02 PM
The best team of the world (São Paulo ofcourse) is going to win its first match of the year tomorrow =D

rykarreolacr
January 17, 2007, 11:10 PM
The best team is definitely Inter. ^^
12 straight wins in serie A. 51 points in 19 matches. Best team of the world according to FIFA and ESPN right now.

*Mel*
January 17, 2007, 11:24 PM
OK, OK second best then XD

rykarreolacr
January 17, 2007, 11:28 PM
Definitely the best Brazilian team. ^^
And Sao Paulo's uniform is coooool. :p

*Mel*
January 17, 2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah ^^ A friens of my father (which is one of the directors of SP) is going to give to me one SP uniform with all player' signatures =D

rykarreolacr
January 18, 2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah ^^ A friens of my father (which is one of the directors of SP) is going to give to me one SP uniform with all player' signatures =D

Wow!!! That's awesome!!! I want one with all Inter players' signatures. XD

Você é bonita. <3
XD

*Mel*
January 18, 2007, 12:15 AM
LOL Thanks ^^
Anyway at least libertadores SP is going to win for sureeeeeeeeeeee XD

rykarreolacr
January 18, 2007, 12:21 AM
Who's currently the best Sao Paulo player?

And btw, anything you need just PM me or add me to MSN or whatever. ;)

*Mel*
January 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
I think that Rogerio Ceni is one of the best players in São Paulo ^^

Oh OK, I'll =D

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 18, 2007, 08:32 AM
Well, looks like we got a source for brazillian soccer news. You can post here about what's happening in your league and about your favourite team, *Mel*.

Btw, Indonesia draw 2-2 against Singapore yesterday in the AFF Cup (previously Tigers Cup) while Vietnam pwned Laos 9-0. That means Indonesia is going home. We definitely need better players, can't keep on blaming the coach.

rykarreolacr
January 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
I think that Rogerio Ceni is one of the best players in São Paulo ^^

I've heard of that guy. Must be very good. ^^

Oh, ichi, I'm sorry about Indonesia. Good luck next time. :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 18, 2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, i just read up about Rogerio Ceni. Awesome! :thumbs

Thanks, ryk. at this rate my country will reach the world cup finals after nobody is interested in football anymore, which is like never gonna happen. :D

Epul
January 19, 2007, 07:22 AM
Well, looks like we got a source for brazillian soccer news. You can post here about what's happening in your league and about your favourite team, *Mel*.

Btw, Indonesia draw 2-2 against Singapore yesterday in the AFF Cup (previously Tigers Cup) while Vietnam pwned Laos 9-0. That means Indonesia is going home. We definitely need better players, can't keep on blaming the coach.

I think that indonesia players are good enough. they are just a tad unlucky. Sometimes you need luck. You don't believe me? look at Malaysia. They did not pla that well but they go through. It is just luck sometimes...

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
Well, after watching two games against Vietnam and Singapore, i personally think the defense can use a whole lot of work. :D

Anyway, there will be two great matches for EPL tomorrow, Liverpool vs Chelsea and Super Sunday match between Arsenal vs Manchester United. So, if you have any plan for the weekend, dont forget to put those two matches in your agenda. :D[br]Posted on: January 19, 2007, 12:17:17 AM_________________________________________________Some football news:

- Manchester United has made a fresh offer to Bayern Munchen's midfielder Owen Hargreaves. Man Utd made an offer for the Canadian born England midfielder before the season starts but Bayern turned it down. Will Hargreaves moved to Man Utd? I certainly hope so. :D

- Feyenoord Rotterdam have been disqualified by UEFA from the UEFA Cup competition because of crowd violence. Moral of the story: If you caused a riot, your team pays for it. :D

bax
January 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
Anyway, there will be two great matches for EPL tomorrow, Liverpool vs Chelsea and Super Sunday match between Arsenal vs Manchester United. So, if you have any plan for the weekend, dont forget to put those two matches in your agenda. :D

Yeah :nuts I'm up for it ^^. Chelsea vs Liverpool. I got to say Liverpool. Chelsea is strangely inconsistent compared to the 2 previous years.

And Arsenal :woo But as much as I support Arsenal, MU is in great form now. Definitely a great match ^^

Seiken
January 19, 2007, 01:30 PM
Damn, Man Utd sure is desperate to get Hargreaves. I somewhat hope he wont move to Man Utd, as it will make them even better. But since he wants to go to Man Utd, they should let him go. Alas, what will happen to £16,000,000 signing Michael Carrick? Seems like he was just as big a failure like Shevchenko in Chelsea! :p

As for the matches this weekend, I have one wish:
That Arsenal makes the Man Utd-players hang their heads in shame after being thrashed at Ashburton! Moahahaha!!! :XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well, whatever the outcome may be, i think we're gonna see great EPL action this weekend.

I just saw Lampard's interview for the match against Liverpool, he said Chelsea will struggle hard to gain their loss in recent matches. And Peter Cech won't be recovering soon, unlike what Mourinho said about his goalie's fitness.

La Liga News: Real lost on away aggregate to Real Betis in Copa Del Rey. After a grueling 1-1 draw, Lost in Galacticos suffered a defeat, even after scoring three goals, two of them was considered offside by the ref. Meanwhile, Beckham sits in the tribune during the match. While his 128 pounds (around $ 250 million) transfer to LA Galaxy sparked some unpleasant comments from his future team mates. Galaxy player Peter Vagenas said that Becks' 63,000 pound/year wage is around 500 times larger than other players weekly paycheck. Beckham claimed that his move to Galaxy is not just for the cash. I got me a feeling Posh has something to do with this. :D
The former Man Utd and El Real midfielder also said that he consulted Tom Cruise before moving to LA. Does this mean he'll be converting to Scientology? :D
Posh also seems to be excited about her husband's move to LA, she was seen shopping for a new house, some said that she even went as far as checking out the King of Pop's Neverland. :D

LA Galaxy will be holding an audition to be in a team with Beckham. The team will held the event in February 10th, everyone with $130 and football skill will have a shot to make the team. Anyone interested?

Enough of Beckham, now some more football news:

UEFA 2006 "All-Star" Team
UEFA has announced their 2006 team. After closing the poll in their official website (http://uefa.com) with votes from 390,000 users, this is the result:

Players:
Gianluigi Buffon (Juve/Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Barca/Italy), Fabio Cannavaro (Madrid/Italy), Carles Puyol (Barca/Italia), Philip Lahm (Bayern/German), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool/England), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal/Spain), Kaka' (AC Milan/Brazil), Ronaldinho (Barca/Brazil), Thierry Henry (Arsenal/France), Samuel Eto'o (Barca/Cameroon).

Coach: Frank Rijkaard (Barca/Netherlands)

Houllier sets his eyes on Milan, Baros that is
Lyon's manager, Gerard Houllier, is currently considering having Aston Villa and Czech international, Milan Baros, to his team's line-up. This could mean trouble for their Norwegian striker John Carew. Will the 25 year old Baros moved to Lyon? I know someone in MH would hate to see that. :D

Raul is disappointed with Calderon
Real's golden boy and former Spain captain, Raul Gonzales expressed his disappointment over Real's current President, Ramon Calderon, who made a speech in Villanueva University Centre. Raul said Calderon speech sounded more like critics towards his own team. Calderon made a public apology to his team and staff member on Wednesday but will El Real really forgive him? :D

That's it for now :D

Xophien
January 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
Houllier sets his eyes on Milan, Baros that is
Lyon's manager, Gerard Houllier, is currently considering having Aston Villa and Czech international, Milan Baros, to his team's line-up. This could mean trouble for their Norwegian striker John Carew. Will the 25 year old Baros moved to Lyon? I know someone in MH would hate to see that. :D

And it seems like Carew may be transfered to Aston Villa at the same time (though the Werder Bremen wants him too). And if that means Lyon keep their hands off Piquionne, I'd be quite happy should they get Milan Baros. Not that they need him to win the Ligue 1 this year anyway :darn

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
Baros moving to Lyon could mean more goals for them, including last minute goals. I hope they'll stay away from St. Etienne's player now that Houllier's targeting Baros. :D

Binky
January 19, 2007, 06:15 PM
I'm a Celtic fan, so sadly my main interest is in one of the 'backwater leagues', but this season has nevertheless been a hilarious and interesting season, Rangers are in the worst state they've ever been in at any point in my life-time, Paul Le Guen was a complete failure, and it comes on the back of a disastrous season for them last year, their chairman Sir David "Smoke and Mirrors, The Mint, Lord Moonbeam" Murray is now refusing to give any serious financial backing, their youth programme is poor, they resort to betraying their country and stealing our national team manager (Who's not that great anyway, sadly we'll no doubt appoint another Rangers reject - Alex McLeish as his successor) to be their new coach... It's a fantastic spectacle.

Meanwhile, we soar majestically into the last 16 of the Champions' League, with the best home record in Europe (We are just a wee bit crap away, mind you), 17 points ahead in the league, Nakamura emerging as an absolute genius, buying up all the best talent in Scotland, things are looking up. There are some problems though, Gravesen and Jarosik are absolutely terrible, but hopefully we'll replace them with Thomson and Brown from Hibs, with Sno stepping into the Lennon role next year. We might lose our goalkeeper, Boruc, who's been great, which'd be sad, but given the over-inflated English market we should be trying to get £8-12 million from Arsenal or whoever (Knowing our luck, we'll get about £500K :amuse), Scotland is blessed with goalkeeping talent, and if we got anything near that, we now have a decent replacement with Mark Brown signed this week, or we could go for Craig Gordon or whoever.

Scottish football as a whole is in a weird state, some claim it's the weakest it's ever been, others point to the fact that we've had two different teams in the last 16 of the CL in consecutive years, Hearts and Hibs are the strongest they've been in years, Aberdeen are resurgent, and pushing for their rightful place in second, Dundee United are a bit away yet, but they've finally got a good manager, and if they give him some money they could get, even if not fully back to the glory days of smashing Barcelona in the Camp Nou, at least back to the top four or five. The Scottish national team is of course not doing too badly these days, and whilst our position at the top of the group containing Italy, France and Ukraine (Word Cup winners, WC Finalists and WC Quarter-Finalists respectively) may be flattering, we're still probably better than Ukraine, and good enough to finish third and fight for second. That said, the managerial situation is far from ideal, with Wally Smith turning traitor to the Forces of Darkness and McLeish (Who got Rangers to a mighty 3rd place last season :eyeroll likely to succeed him)...

This are uber-long post, but in summation, I hope we beat AC Milan, I have always had a liking for Inter, and this season, exactly forty years after our last European Cup win, I'd like to see us do well. We've beaten better teams that Milan over two legs in the past, so why the hell not?

P.S. Best wishes to two ex-Celts now plying their trades in England, Henrik Larsson and Paul Lambert, representing the only two World Class players we've had in the last, oh... 20+ years (?), all the best at Man U and Wycombe. Legends both. :nod

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to be spiteful and wish ill on Petrov, a truly loathesome individual.

Seiken
January 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
John Carew, will you ever settle down? He is seriously starting to annoy me. Especially since the biggest newspaper in Norway, VG, loves to write about him and John arne Riise (I REALLY dispise that one) all the freaking time! :nerve

Fun fact: Thierry Henry has said once that he would love to play with Carew at Arsenal.

Scary thought? Oh yeah.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to be spiteful and wish ill on Petrov, a truly loathesome individual.
Oh? Why so?

Binky
January 19, 2007, 07:17 PM
Petrov. Well, three months after signing a four-year contract with us, we won the title, he wandered around on his own refusing to celebrate, and then allowed stories to be leaked that he'd had a huge argument with our manager, Gordon Strachan, these stories were later proven to be false, and he basically used them to try to get the fans to turn on the manager and stay on Petrov's side through the whole thing. Then he starts pushing for a transfer, and even has the cheek to claim that the only reason he signed his new contract was so Celtic would get more money for him, despite the club saying explicitly that their understanding was that he fully intended to stay until 2010, which is why they went to the bother of offering him a new contract in the first place. Anyway, Martin O'Neill goes to Villa, off goes Petrov, we're £8 million richer, all is done, right? Nah, then he has to start with moaning about how he was treated, how every Premiership game is better than any Old Firm game and so on. There were also a few other things, he faked injury more than once, threw a couple of fits over contracts and so on. Basically he just represents the money-hunting no respect for the club footballer, but it's the fact that he tried to engineer situations and lie about things to make people like him that was the final straw. Football is an entertainment industry, to treat fans, who are of course the lifeblood of any entertainment industry so badly is very poor. If he'd left under normal circumstances he'd have remained very well thought of, a player who was with the club for a long time, and whilst not as good as our truly legendary players would have been remembered universally as a great. Larsson did it the proper way, a model professional in every way, Petrov behaved about as badly as a player can in a transfer situation, I probably overreact, because it's common in football these days, but it was really depressing days after winning the league.

What do you think of Carew in general? I haven't seen much French football recently, but I remember him from Valencia and I saw highlights from the Real Madrid v Lyon game this season and he's always seemed a very good player to me. Is he unsettled because he's not getting enough games at Lyon or is it for another reason, because it seems strange he'd want to leave probably one of the top three teams in the world right now. Lyon would have been my favourites for the CL a few weeks ago, but Man Utd are looking great now, although it'll be interesting what Ferguson does if Roonery goes another four or five games without scoring.

What's up with Riise? ;)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 19, 2007, 07:30 PM
@Alex-san: Let's not forget something. Dennis Bergkamp came from Inter with less than satisfying career in Serie A. And Thierry Henry moved from Juventus after spending several years playing way below his recent years form. Kanu, who was mistakenly diagnosed with a heart condition, showed his skill when he was in Arsenal. Even the current first team defender Toure, he wasn't that good when he was promoted to the first team.
It's Wenger's cool hand that transform those players into the players they are now (or was, in Bergkamp's case :D).

Though I'm a Man Utd's fan, I think Wenger does a better job in choosing the right position for his players. For instance, take a look at Flamini. The Frenchman now play as a left back and he's doing just ok, considering that he's a midfielder.

@Binky: I agree with you about Nakamura. IMO, he's currently having a good carrer run, even better than Nakata.
I never knew he did that. I never really pay attention to Petrov. :D
May i ask you something? What's with Chelsea Dagger? Other than the fact that The Fratellis are Celtic fans :D

*Mel*
January 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
XD Brazil against Argentina now on the sub-20 (of course Brazil is gonna win ^^)
Paulista Championship:
Place - Team - Points - Games - Win - Draw - Lose - Goals - Goals against - Averange - Rate
1º Juventus 3 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 100%
Marília 3 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 100%
Noroeste 3 1 1 0 0 4 2 2 100%
Palmeiras 3 1 1 0 0 4 2 2 100%
Corinthians 3 1 1 0 0 3 1 2 100%
São Paulo 3 1 1 0 0 3 1 2 100%
São Caetano 3 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 100%
Santos 3 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 100%
Rio Claro 3 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 100%
10º Bragantino 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 33%
Ituano 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 33%
12º Barueri 0 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0%
América 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0%
Paulista 0 1 0 0 1 2 4 -2 0%
São Bento 0 1 0 0 1 2 4 -2 0%
Ponte Preta 0 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0%
Sertãozinho 0 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0%
Guaratinguetá 0 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0%
Rio Branco 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0%
Santo André 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0%

Binky
January 19, 2007, 09:40 PM
@Binky: I agree with you about Nakamura. IMO, he's currently having a good carrer run, even better than Nakata.
I never knew he did that. I never really pay attention to Petrov. :D
May i ask you something? What's with Chelsea Dagger? Other than the fact that The Fratellis are Celtic fans :D

Nakamura is doing great, but hell, even if he hadn't scored important goals and so on for us, I'd love him anyway, he's one of those players who always looks composed and graceful (Even when he actually isn't :p).

I haven't got a clue about Chelsea Dagger, I kinda like the tune though, maybe they requested it to be played or something, or they might just have picked it randomly, most of the 'Celtic Songs' are warbled/crooned by 1950's style singers, so a change of pace is good. :D

C'mon the Corinthians, I played as them once in Football Manager, so now I must support them, even though it's kind of a daft reason.

Anyone else hear about Sebastian Deisler retiring at 27? Poor guy had no luck whatsoever, he looked unbelievable at times, could have been one of the great German players if things had went slightly differently, hope he has better luck at whatever he does next.

*Mel*
January 19, 2007, 11:12 PM
C'mon the Corinthians, I played as them once in Football Manager, so now I must support them, even though it's kind of a daft reason.

=P I hate Corinthians

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 20, 2007, 08:46 AM
Anyone else hear about Sebastian Deisler retiring at 27? Poor guy had no luck whatsoever, he looked unbelievable at times, could have been one of the great German players if things had went slightly differently, hope he has better luck at whatever he does next.
Havent heard about that one. It's too bad a good player like him have to loose his career. There was one time when i thought that he's German's answer to David Beckham. Looks like they got the wrong answer. :D
There are other players who was forced to retire because of serious injury, like Luc Nillis, Jamie Redknapp or Marc Overmars and there are those who simply gave up football like Hidetoshi Nakata. Anyone still remember Marc Vivien Foe? If i'm not mistaken he died during a match defending his country.

By the way it's half time in Anfield with Liverpool two goals ahead of Chelsea thanks to goals by Kuyt in the 4th minute and Jermaine Pennant with a great shot in the 19th minute. I laughed real hard when i saw Peter Cech wore that "helmet". Mourinho is pushing it, I hope Cech wont get injured again. I'm no Chelsea fan, but i hate to see a great goalkeeper like Cech retired in a very young age (for a goalkeeper). :D

See you guys tomorrow, gonna hit the town now :D

Seiken
January 20, 2007, 08:51 AM
@Alex-san: Let's not forget something. Dennis Bergkamp came from Inter with less than satisfying career in Serie A. And Thierry Henry moved from Juventus after spending several years playing way below his recent years form. Kanu, who was mistakenly diagnosed with a heart condition, showed his skill when he was in Arsenal. Even the current first team defender Toure, he wasn't that good when he was promoted to the first team.
It's Wenger's cool hand that transform those players into the players they are now (or was, in Bergkamp's case :D).
And not to forget Patrick Vieira! :amuse

Well, Carew is not THAT bad. But he is not stable enough. Still, I have to admit that he has been at least decent at every club he has played for. But he a tragedy for the national team. That bugs me. :darn

Riise? Hmm, he mostly extremly overrated by the national press. Which is kinda ironic considering that take every oppertunity to mock him. Like once when he sent a textmessage to about 12 different norwegian female celebrities, asking if they would date him. Its kinda patetic, cause he sent the same message to every one of them, all within an hour! And everyone refused him. Thats one hell of a burn! :p

bax
January 20, 2007, 08:53 AM
Havent heard about that one. It's too bad a good player like him have to loose his career. There was one time when i thought that he's German's answer to David Beckham. Looks like they got the wrong answer. :D

Ah... But Germany still have a great young player in Bastian Schweinsteiger. His performance in the last World Cup is simply amazing ^^ His goals are great too. I wonder how far he will go. Some says he's going to be as great as Klinsmann or Matthaus.

Xophien
January 20, 2007, 10:32 AM
Anyone still remember Marc Vivien Foe? If i'm not mistaken he died during a match defending his country.

Yeah, during the Confederations Cup semi-finals in 2003, because of an heart atatck. He was a great player.

Well, Carew is not THAT bad. But he is not stable enough. Still, I have to admit that he has been at least decent at every club he has played for. But he a tragedy for the national team. That bugs me. :darn

Well, he was pretty decent last year for Lyon, but this year he doesn't do more than warming the bench. But well, strikers aren't successful at Lyon, most of their goals are scored by the midfielders, Juninho and Malouda :noworry

Ah... But Germany still have a great young player in Bastian Schweinsteiger. His performance in the last World Cup is simply amazing ^^ His goals are great too. I wonder how far he will go. Some says he's going to be as great as Klinsmann or Matthaus.

I admit he was quite impressive during the World Cup, but it's probably a bit too soon to say he'll be as great as Klinsmann or Matthaus :sweat

bax
January 20, 2007, 10:38 AM
I admit he was quite impressive during the World Cup, but it's probably a bit too soon to say he'll be as great as Klinsmann or Matthaus :sweat

Yeah.. as I thought ^^ He's just 22. Plus, to be as great as the legends.. he needsto play in more World Cups ^^

ibra87
January 20, 2007, 10:41 AM
Well damn it. Liverpool won :tem

Binky
January 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
Huzzah, decent enough game that one, and a good win for Liverpool, I really love Peter Crouch. :smile-big

Xophien
January 20, 2007, 11:41 AM
By the way, Gingin talking about Bergkamp earlier made me want to watch this goal again :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v64exGkaD_Y

I still don't get it. It's one of the most amazing goals ever, and I can't understand how he did that :blink

Seiken
January 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
By the way, Gingin talking about Bergkamp earlier made me want to watch this goal again :

I still don't get it. It's one of the most amazing goals ever, and I can't understand how he did that :blink
Hehe, all hail the flying dutchman! :amuse

What about this one? :eyeroll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzhsoKA7fk

Xophien
January 20, 2007, 11:54 AM

The non-flying dutchman, since he has aviophobia :amuse

I didn't know this one, but it looks a lot like his goal against Argentina during the '98 World Cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=014Nat-bKzA :amuse

Seiken
January 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
The non-flying dutchman, since he has aviophobia :amuseBah, details. :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 20, 2007, 05:49 PM

The thing with Bergkamp is, he's not only good in scoring, he can also make other players look good. Remember when Anelka was still playing for Arsenal? He scored 23 out of 65 appearances and then he moved to Madrid and scored..... 2 goals in 19 appearances. Dennis Bergkamp is one of the greats, can't deny that. Another player with "teaching" ability is Roberto Mancini. For me, the current Inter manager managed to make Montella looks good when both of them played for Sampdoria. I can't think of any other players now, but I'm sure there are other great players (including retired players) out there with that kind of abilty. :D

The non-flying dutchman, since he has aviophobia :amuse

I didn't know this one, but it looks a lot like his goal against Argentina during the '98 World Cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=014Nat-bKzA :amuse
Other than his goal versus The Foxes and Albiceleste, Bergkamp also scored several times using moves similar to that one. I think it was against Leeds when Leeds Utd was hailed the Young Gun Squad.

Binky
January 20, 2007, 06:28 PM
Chris Sutton springs to mind in a similiar way, although the players he played alongside were very good individually as well, he could often provide them with just a bit extra. Quite underrated, but he was the common link between two of the best strike-partnerships in British football (The "SAS", Sutton and Shearer, and Sutton and Larsson).

You probably get it a lot with 30-something centre-backs most of all, where they help get their young partner through games.

Bergkamp was one of the greats, another of those players who is great to watch.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 20, 2007, 06:36 PM
Another player i'd love to see cloned is Oliver Bierhoff. Not only because he got great aerial skill, if i'm not mistaken he also have a Masters degree in Chemistry. How on earth did he find the time to play football professionally and study? :D

Xophien
January 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
The thing with Bergkamp is, he's not only good in scoring, he can also make other players look good. Remember when Anelka was still playing for Arsenal? He scored 23 out of 65 appearances and then he moved to Madrid and scored..... 2 goals in 19 appearances. Dennis Bergkamp is one of the greats, can't deny that. Another player with "teaching" ability is Roberto Mancini. For me, the current Inter manager managed to make Montella looks good when both of them played for Sampdoria. I can't think of any other players now, but I'm sure there are other great players (including retired players) out there with that kind of abilty. :D

Johan Cruyff. The best player ever, and Bergkamp had a play style quite similar to him, both scoring insanely awesome goals and helping the other players with their sheer talent. More recently, one I liked a lot too was Michael Laudrup, the greatest Danish player ever, that made an impressive number of assists to Stoichkov when they were playing for Barcelona, and to Zamorano when they were playing for the Real :amuse

Another player i'd love to see cloned is Oliver Bierhoff. Not only because he got great aerial skill, if i'm not mistaken he also have a Masters degree in Chemistry. How on earth did he find the time to play football professionally and study? :D

What for ? So your player can make a potion to jump higher ? >.> I don't ask players to be blockheads, but a Masters degree in Sociology won't help them convincing opponents not to tackle them :noworry With the money he must have won as a player, what the hell did he study for ? What a waste of time :oh

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
Johan Cruyff. The best player ever, and Bergkamp had a play style quite similar to him, both scoring insanely awesome goals and helping the other players with their sheer talent. More recently, one I liked a lot too was Michael Laudrup, the greatest Danish player ever, that made an impressive number of assists to Stoichkov when they were playing for Barcelona, and to Zamorano when they were playing for the Real :amuseAh, yesh. How can i forget about Cruyff? Too bad his son's career didnt shine like his dad did. :D

What for ? So your player can make a potion to jump higher ? >.> I don't ask players to be blockheads, but a Masters degree in Sociology won't help them convincing opponents not to tackle them :noworry With the money he must have won as a player, what the hell did he study for ? What a waste of time :oh
Of course, him and Tore Andre Flo got great header (but Bierhoff is better). I think the reason Bierhoff took a masters degree is so that he can run his family's business. His dad owns a large chemical factory or something.[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 06:50:41 PM_________________________________________________Well, Arsenal won 2-1 against Manchester United. It was a good game, they should've bring in Saha earlier.... *sigh*

Seiken
January 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
GO ARSENAL! :woot

rykarreolacr
January 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
Inter just defeated Fiorentina 3 to 1, and has reached 13 straight victories in Serie A.

In the last 20 matches that Inter has played in Serie A, Champions League and italian Cup, they have won 19 times and one draw against Bayern Munich.

bax
January 21, 2007, 03:10 PM
Well, Arsenal won 2-1 against Manchester United. It was a good game, they should've bring in Saha earlier.... *sigh*

Aaahhhh :woo bax is a happy man :p

Blehh.. makes the battle of the top spot more heated up considering that the top two lose ^^

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
I hope Milan will win against Lazio tonight. It's still the 1st half and 0-0. They've bounced back in the last three Serie-A matches. I hope the run won't end tonight. Milan are currently 9th in the league table. This win will bounce Milan to the 5th spot, replacing Lazio (which will suffer humiliating defeat, or not :D)

Aaahhhh :woo bax is a happy man :p

Blehh.. makes the battle of the top spot more heated up considering that the top two lose ^^
Yup, but Man Utd is still 6 points clear of Chelsea and 9 pts from Arsenal :D. And United's next match will be against Portsmouth in the FA Cup (Jan 27th) and Watford in EPL (Jan 31st). I kinda like the Pompey (since they use my name on their jersey :D).

ibra87
January 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
Inter just defeated Fiorentina 3 to 1, and has reached 13 straight victories in Serie A.

In the last 20 matches that Inter has played in Serie A, Champions League and italian Cup, they have won 19 times and one draw against Bayern Munich.
Yeah I know ryka. It's really a sad event :scry

With Juventus out, Inter has no challenge, I give you that. Just like Barca is getting no challenge from other teams. That's why I am liking the Premier League so far (very unpredictable). Arsenal with Henry seem like a strong team, but you never know who might win :)

With that been said JUVE is no. 1 on series B. Who didn't see that coming? :tem

(PS: Let's hope Milan beats Lazio)

Seiken
January 21, 2007, 03:59 PM
Just like Barca is getting no challenge from other teams.
Thats not true. Sevilla has just as many points as Barca. Barca has one match less played but, they can lead by a maximum three points.

So, there more than enough thrill in La Liga as well! :amuse

ibra87
January 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
Thats not true. Sevilla has just as many points as Barca. Barca has one match less played but, they can lead by a maximum three points.

So, there more than enough thrill in La Liga as well! :amuse
I know, there's also Valencia and Real Madrid, but in the end, Barca survives. Don't get me wrong, I would sacrifice a Naruto chapter just to see Barca lose LL (with pleasure :D)...

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 21, 2007, 05:10 PM
Meh! Milan draw against Lazio. 0-0. And Gilardino is injured. Milan stays in the 9th gaining only 1 point... Did I mention Gilardino is injured?

Binky
January 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
I infinitely prefer La Liga to the EPL, it always has at least one team that comes out of nowhere to challenge in the top four, Villareal a few years ago, Osasuna last year and Sevilla this year, in the Premiership it's always the same teams in the top four every year, and really, even Arsenal and Liverpool can't challenge Man U and Chelsea, Spain has far more strength in depth, which is why the big teams have picked up relatively few points. The gap between the first placed team and the fifth placed team in La Liga is 3, in the Premiership it's 17, so I'd say La Liga offers way more excitement in title races.

ibra, how do you think Milan have been playing this season? I was quite happy with us getting them in the CL, but they seem to be playing better now which is bad news, just wondering how much they've changed from the famous team of a couple of years ago.

Athens 2007, BELIEVE :amuse

EDIT: Wooh, just read gin 'n tonic's post, good news for me I think. :smile-big

ibra87
January 21, 2007, 05:35 PM
I don't really watch AC this much, but here goes. They started this season badly, but right now they are on a distinguished road to becoming a good AC Milan again. I must say, Gilardinho has impressed me here in the last matches. But who knows, maybe he won't keep it up the whole time.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 21, 2007, 05:36 PM
EDIT: Wooh, just read gin 'n tonic's post, good news for me I think. :smile-big
I hope it's nothing serious. He's the only decent striker right now... *sigh*

ibra87
January 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
I hope it's nothing serious. He's the only decent striker right now... *sigh*
Well.. who didn't see that coming. Someone who was in the spotlight the whole time usually pisses the opponents off >_> And you know what happens next.

Xophien
January 21, 2007, 07:36 PM
With Juventus out, Inter has no challenge, I give you that.

Don't complain, it has been the same in France for the past three years...

The gap between the first placed team and the fifth placed team in La Liga is 3, in the Premiership it's 17, so I'd say La Liga offers way more excitement in title races.

In France the gap between the first placed and the second is 14 points. FOURTEEN. Give us the Juventus for the rest of the year, dammit, and we'll give you Troyes, le Mans, Rennes, and maybe even Sedan :crying

Epul
January 21, 2007, 08:25 PM
Damn, man u los to arsenal 2-1!!! It was such a good chance for them to go nine poins clear of Chelsea. I thought Man u was the better team but they stop going forward after scoring the first goal.

Binky
January 22, 2007, 11:50 AM
In France the gap between the first placed and the second is 14 points. FOURTEEN. Give us the Juventus for the rest of the year, dammit, and we'll give you Troyes, le Mans, Rennes, and maybe even Sedan :crying

Twenty points between first and second in Scotland right now, and Celtic haven't even been having a particularly good season, give us Juve and you can get... Dunfermline... Oh, you don't want them? Damn. :eyeroll

We're going to have a team in our Premier League next year who: A) Have no stadium, and B) Only have 200 fans, it's going to be really embarassing.

I was really annoyed at the Man Utd result, Rio Ferdinand just stood and watched Henry wander free into the middle of the goal and pop a header into the corner, Ferdinand is one of those players who leaves me baffled as to how he ever gets a game for anyone, nevermind Man Utd and England. Henry isn't usually great with his head, but he's got too much quality to leave wandering about on his own.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
Don't complain, it has been the same in France for the past three years...

For now, I hope St. Etienne will have a great game against Nancy. :D

Twenty points between first and second in Scotland right now, and Celtic haven't even been having a particularly good season, give us Juve and you can get... Dunfermline... Oh, you don't want them? Damn. :eyeroll 20 points and that's not on a good season? How many points difference does Celtic usually have? o.0

We're going to have a team in our Premier League next year who: A) Have no stadium, and B) Only have 200 fans, it's going to be really embarassing.Really? Which team is it? But don't underestimate them, small teams can become very annoying to big ones. :D

I was really annoyed at the Man Utd result, Rio Ferdinand just stood and watched Henry wander free into the middle of the goal and pop a header into the corner, Ferdinand is one of those players who leaves me baffled as to how he ever gets a game for anyone, nevermind Man Utd and England. Henry isn't usually great with his head, but he's got too much quality to leave wandering about on his own.
That's how I feel about Rio. He hasn't been playing his best form in the last two seasons. And how could Vidic (who usually the target man on corners) can miss that ball? And don't even get me started on Evra and those late tackles... 90'+4'?! Arrrrgghh!!!
But Henry scored several goals from headers this season, something he rarely does.
Btw, Celtic pwned St Mirren 5-1, awesome! :thumbs

Now time for Football News for you guys!
Baros & Houllier's Reunion
Milan Baros joined Lyon and leaves Villa. The Czech striker said he's looking forward to be working under Gerrard Houllier again. And the 27 year old Norwegian, John Carew joins Villa after spending most of the 06/07 le Championnat warming Lyon's bench. Both players signed a three and a half year deal. Looks like Xoph could be having more nightmares... :D

It's Adriano-ttebayo! (sounded like a Narutard, didn't I?)
After ending a 9-month goal draught and finally scoring a goal against Atalanta back in 23rd December last year, Internazionale's Brazillian powerful forward Adriano gets a lucky break by getting a spot in the national team. Even with only 4 goals this season, Adriano will shoulder Brazil's hope as they face Portugal in a friendly match. However, Brazil's coach Dunga left out Ronaldo for the upcoming match. No big surprise there... :D

Nowotny hangs his glovesboots
Former German international defender, Jens Nowotny decided to retire at the age of 33. Nowotny last played for Dinamo Zagreb after ending his contract with Bayer Leverkusen last season. The prolonged knee injury made the centre back decided to end his career.

EPL fans, there will be mid-week matches. For more information on fixtures, visit the official site (http://www.premierleague.com).
That's all for now :D

Xophien
January 22, 2007, 06:45 PM
For now, I hope St. Etienne will have a great game against Nancy. :D

So do I, Gingin, so do I... We lost our last four matches, so a win at Nancy would be quite a relief :oh

Baros & Houllier's Reunion
Milan Baros joined Lyon and leaves Villa. The Czech striker said he's looking forward to be working under Gerrard Houllier again. And the 27 year old Norwegian, John Carew joins Villa after spending most of the 06/07 le Championnat warming Lyon's bench. Both players signed a three and a half year deal. Looks like Xoph could be having more nightmares... :D

Well, like I said earlier, strikers aren't usually successful at Lyon. Now if Baros manages to play his best football, with all their other players and the damn luck they usually have, I guess Lyon would have their chances for the win in the Champions League. I think I won't sleep tonight, I'm too scared :oh

EPL fans, there will be mid-week matches.

Don't worry, I'll be covering some great Ligue 1 matches on Wednesday. Like Nice-Toulouse or Sochaux-Sedan. You're happy, ain't ya ? :D

Binky
January 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
20 points and that's not on a good season? How many points difference does Celtic usually have? o.0

Btw, Celtic pwned St Mirren 5-1, awesome! :thumbs

Well, usually we've got slightly more points but Rangers (Or Hearts last year) have waaaay more points, so there's maybe 3-4 points difference at this point, Rangers have won the league twice on the last day in the last few seasons, once on goal difference! So it's a very boring league this time around, although Rangers won so it's now down to a tiny seventeen point gap. The day that Rangers won the league on goal difference is called "Helicopter Sunday" because the helicopter with the trophy was almost at Celtic Park when Rangers scored and the commentator was shouting 'The helicopter is turning!' One of the worst days of my life, but hey, at least Rangers are terrible now. :amuse

I was very happy with the result on Saturday, St. Mirren aren't great, but we've been scraping wins by one goal a lot, the problem is we always seem to be giving goals away at important times like 0-1 or 1-1 which is quite annoying. Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink got his first hat-trick as well, Aiden McGeady who is our resident wonderkid (Every team needs at least one) got one and even Kenny Miller managed his first goal in fifteen games.

Good luck to St. Etienne from me as well, teams in green are rare, we need to stick together against all the boring common colours. :noworry

Seiken
January 23, 2007, 08:03 AM
So Johnny did sign for Aton Villa after all. Good for him! :amuse

He needed that club-change, for as you said Xoph, strikers reallly arent successful for Lyon. I personally hope he will become a hit at Villa.

Just to annoy people here: In Norway, Rosenborg won the title by ONE goal in 2004! And so did Vålerenga the year after, in 2005! :amuse
and Rosenborg did secure the title again last year after beating secondplaced Brann in the third last match.

So there been more than enough thrill and exitment here! :smile-big

And dont get me started on the relegation-struggle... :p

Binky
January 23, 2007, 09:49 PM
Well, Wycombe lost 4-0 to Chelsea (5-1 aggregate), but it was no disgrace for a squad that cost £80,000 versus one that cost £265,000,000, I'm a bit disappointed but it's still been a great season for Wycombe getting to the semi-finals and still in a play-off spot for promotion.

Bah, I really, really don't like Chelsea, hopefully Arsenal or Spurs will thump them in the final anyway. :oh

EDIT: The MLS All-Star game opposition will be Celtic apparently, should be interesting enough, Beckham et al will turn out, they're supposedly holding it in a 20,000 seater though which seems a bit tiny.

bax
January 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
Well, Wycombe lost 4-0 to Chelsea (5-1 aggregate), but it was no disgrace for a squad that cost £80,000 versus one that cost £265,000,000, I'm a bit disappointed but it's still been a great season for Wycombe getting to the semi-finals and still in a play-off spot for promotion.

Yeah.. no shame at all that they lose the match to Chelsea. Chelsea is too big forthem, but sadly enough, Wycombe can't retain the first leg performance against them. Plus, finally Shevchenko is scoring goals, huh?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
Plus, finally Shevchenko is scoring goals, huh?
And I'm glad he did. I'm definitely not a Chelsea fan, but to see Sheva waste his career there after not being able to score as much as he should is just not what i want to see. :D

And now for football news:

Oddo in San Siro
Milan finally got their hands on the 30 year old winger Massimo Oddo. Besides settling a 7.5 million euro, Milan also gave up their right over the 23 year old Pasquale.

Semi-Final Jitters
AC Milan will be hosting the Coppa Italia semifinal match against Roma. Ancelotti and his players might be in for a good fight, considering Roma currently have a pretty good home record with 10 games without losing, only to be beaten by Inter. Meanwhile, Inter will be travelling to Luigi Ferraris for a match against Sampdoria. After 13 league win, will Mancini and his players pwned Sampdoria? :D

Another brick in Spurs wall
Tottenham Hotspurs just finished a transfer for the 28 year old Benfica defender, Richardo Rocha for 3.3 million pounds. Spurs' Sport Director Damien Comolli said that the addition of Rocha to the team will be benificial since he can play as centerback and right fullback.

Onyewu turning Blues?
Chelsea is currently seeking a transfer for Standard Liege's 24 year old American central defender, Oguchi Onyewu. The Nigerian born player are currently being targeted by several clubs, such as Middlesborough, Fulham (which both he turned down), and Lyon (more nightmare, Xoph?).

Ronaldinho in another jersey?
Ronaldinho's brother/manager, Roberto Assis, revealed a possibility that his two time world player of the year brother might move to another club if the price is right (is 1 billion euro right enough?). Though there's no bad blood between Ronaldinho and Barca, his brother claims that a certain MLS team is currently targetting Ronaldinho, along with Chelsea and AC Milan.

No-naldo
Real is furious about AC Milan boasting to bring Ronaldo to San Siro once the (former) brazillian phenomenon ends his contract with Real. Milan is not the only one aching for Ronaldo. Al Ittihad and LA Galaxy are also looking to get Ronaldo to their side.

Rijkaard got a thing for Saviola
After spending some time in Barca's bench, Argentinian striker Javier Saviola finally proved himself to coach Frank Rijkaard. The Dutch coach, at the start of the season, claimed that he have no use for Saviola. But after scoring 7 out of 11 games, and waiting for Eto'o to return, Rijkaard is now showing some interest towards "the bunny". :D
Saviola himself said that he's currently enjoying his time in Barca and he will keep proving himself for the team. :D

Beck wants out
After only starting 5 matches under Fabio Capello's leadership in Real, former England skipper and right only winger David Beckham wants to move to Galaxy immediately. Real's Sport Director Pedrag Mijatovic said that the player still have 6 more months in his contract and it's up to the coach to pick his team, but Becks is expected to respect the contract he made with the devilReal Madrid. :D

Beckenbauer: "Ballack should have moved to Manchester United." Me: "Stay away, Ballack!"
German football legend Franz Beckenbauer is concerned about Bayern's former captain, Michael Ballack's form in Chelsea. Der Kaizer said that Ballack's playing under Frank Lampard's shadow and he should have taken up Man United's offer last season, which Ballack turned down saying that Man Utd is not big enough for him.

Baros wants Chelsea?
Recently acquired Lyon striker, Milan Baros said that he was supposed to move to Chelsea after both representative from Villa and Chelsea met to discuss a possibility of him wearing a Blues' shirt. The deal fell through after Shawn Wright-Phillips refused to be traded with Baros. I guess he dont like Lyon that much. :D

Juve's shopping list
Juventus is waiting in line to get Werder Bremen's forward Miroslav Klose. Juve also managed to buy Hasan Salihamidzic who'll be joining Juve next season. Juve's also setting their sight on Torsten Frings, which Bremen will sell if Juve makes a 3.5 million pounds offer.

Davies left Everton for Fulham
Simon Davies signed a contract that will keep him in Craven Cottage until 2010. The Welshmen arrival in Fulham is highly expected by former player now coach Chris Coleman.

Updates: Tottenham are currently up 2-0 against Arsenal in the League Cup, while Barca is a goal down against Betis in La Liga and Lyon needs two goals to catch up with Bordeaux.

Xophien
January 24, 2007, 04:45 PM
Baros wants Chelsea?
Recently acquired Lyon striker, Milan Baros said that he was supposed to move to Chelsea after both representative from Villa and Chelsea met to discuss a possibility of him wearing a Blues' shirt. The deal fell through after Shawn Wright-Phillips refused to be traded with Baros. I guess he dont like Lyon that much. :D

Who does ? :D

Lyon needs two goals to catch up with Bordeaux.

They lost 1-2 ! Banzai ! Banzai ! Banzai ! :pmg Not that this will prevent them from winning the Ligue 1 but still, me am very happy, especially since they lost at home :nuts

Seiken
January 24, 2007, 06:12 PM
They lost 1-2 ! Banzai ! Banzai ! Banzai ! :pmg Not that this will prevent them from winning the Ligue 1 but still, me am very happy, especially since they lost at home :nuts
Well its a start, right? Everything can happen in football. Hopefully some other team will snatch the title from Lyon, but I personally doubt it... :darn

2-2 against Spuds! Good to see the youngters at Arsenal doing so well, especially in a local-derby. Its very strong to come back after being down by two goals away from home. Now we will take them down at Ashburton, and then thrash the rubelboys in the final! ;)

Xophien
January 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
Lyon lost, Saint-Etienne won (2-0 against Nancy yesterday), and Michel Platini (former Saint-Etienne player^^) just got elected as president of the UEFA... That's a good week for french football, yay :pmg

Binky
January 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
Platini said that he'll only allow a maximum of three teams from any league to compete in the Champions' League, this is very good news I think for every football fan of a European team outside of the "Big Five" (Spain, England, Italy, France, Germany) and pretty good news for France and Germany, since I believe they currently get three teams (?).

Woooh, go Platini!

EDIT: Ha, hilarious game today, Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 - 2 Celtic, we scored the winner in the 91st minute, Vennegoor of Hesselink with a nice volley and then he got sent off for his celebration. ICT totally outplayed us, we're actually the worst team in about 90% of matches but end up winning somehow in the last minute, the only teams we've really outplayed this season are Man Utd, Benfica, Copenhagen and Rangers.

Epul
January 28, 2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah platini is doing great at the moment but he better not change the Champions' League format too much because the current format is working fine in my opinion.

venicia777
January 28, 2007, 08:32 PM
Materrazzi got another headbutt this week in Inter's game. What a lucky guy :p :smoke

rykarreolacr
January 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
Materrazzi got another headbutt this week in Inter's game. What a lucky guy :p :smoke

Yep, I saw it. It wasn't as bad as Zidane's tough...
14th straight victory for Inter in Serie A.
Sampdoria - Inter 0-2

Epul
January 28, 2007, 08:56 PM
Again?! He must have said something harsh again....

rykarreolacr
January 29, 2007, 01:55 AM
Again?! He must have said something harsh again....

Nope, he just said "what the hell are you doing?" after the other player kicked Inter's goalkeeper Julio Cesar on purpose.

venicia777
January 29, 2007, 03:26 AM
i tell you-- this guy will get more head butts before he quits soccer. and it will be something that will leave his name in the record books.

Binky
February 01, 2007, 03:19 AM
That was an absolutely terrible transfer window, I wonder why young Celtic players constantly feel the need to ruin their own careers by signing for pointless English teams for like 2% pay rises. Liam Miller had one good season with Celtic and went to Man Utd, where he disappeared without trace and is now playing for Leeds at the bottom of the Championship. At least he showed some ambition and got to move to a big club, Shaun Maloney has just moved to Aston Villa where he'll probably never win anything in his career. I don't get it, if you're 22-24, you sign a three-year deal, keep up a high level of performance, win some medals, play in the Champions League, in front of 60,000 every second week, then when you're 27 you can go sign your money-making contract and enjoy the glorious fight for 13th place in the Premiership every year in front of a half empty stadium. :mad

On the amusing side, Motherwell player Richie Foran just left Motherwell and he said: "I'm sure Nakamura is gutted I'm no longer playing against him in the SPL. He made a habit of nutmegging me every time I faced him. In the last game at Parkhead I was determined not to let it happen again but my hopes only lasted seven minutes."

Epul
February 01, 2007, 07:32 PM
Let's face it, the EPL is a much better leagure than the SP and the EPL is much more popular. These could be some of the reasons. I would llike to think that footballers likes to play in the bests league against the best players so what better place than the EPL?

thegreatest08
February 01, 2007, 07:35 PM
the best League would be either th EPL and the spanish League

Go BARCELONA and MAN UTD

Epul
February 01, 2007, 07:55 PM
the best League would be either th EPL and the spanish League

Go BARCELONA and MAN UTD

Yo! I am an Man utd fan too! Juz want to ask, does anybody know what is going on with the transfer of Gareth Bale? I heard it was a done deal with man utd but yesterday i read he is going to spurs instead. anybody have info on this?

thegreatest08
February 01, 2007, 08:17 PM
i havent heard about it, but ill look it up[br]Posted on: February 01, 2007, 08:09:32 PM_________________________________________________Bale aint moving to another club, he's staying at Southampton.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6311979.stm

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 01, 2007, 08:30 PM
Wow, looks like there are more Man Utd fans here! Alright! :thumbs
I cant believe i missed the game against watford and the rerun. :D

thegreatest08
February 01, 2007, 08:33 PM
yeah man utd d watford 4-0

LadyHatake
February 01, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hm, dunno if ya'll pay attention to the American league/MLS much, but beckham is going to be playing over here =D I'm pretty excited, I think it'll generate a lot more interest in the US league. I know I'll be trying to catch a game to watch him play =D

thegreatest08
February 01, 2007, 09:02 PM
most people will get interested in football in america

Epul
February 01, 2007, 09:50 PM
Well beckham will surely generate more interest in football in the US. But i have this feeling that he will not do it with his football rather with his looks :p! that will definitely get more US girls to notice football!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 04, 2007, 02:53 AM
I heard the news about Serie-A match being suspended for this week due to the riot that happened after Catania vs Palermo derby. A policeman that lost his life after a homemade bomb exploded on his face. Can anyone shed some more light on the situation in Italy now?

rykarreolacr
February 04, 2007, 02:57 AM
I heard the news about Serie-A match being suspended for this week due to the riot that happened after Catania vs Palermo derby. A policeman that lost his life after a homemade bomb exploded on his face. Can anyone shed some more light on the situation in Italy now?

You got it right. Except that it's not suspended just for this week, and it's not only Serie A. Every Italian league from Serie A to the lowest categories have been undefinitely suspended. Until they find a way to prevent this to happen again, there will be no football in Italy, not even the national team. This is a very sad day for me... T_T

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 04, 2007, 03:19 AM
No football until this got sorted out? :o
That's inhuman! Was there too much bad blood between the team's supporter that can cause a big riot like that?

Epul
February 04, 2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah I was shock too when I heard the news. From what I read, the bomb was thrown into the policeman car! Man, I thought english hooligans was bad but this is beyond that.

Oh well for the good news, man utd beat spurs 4-0! yay go man utd!!![br]Posted on: February 05, 2007, 08:37:49 AM_________________________________________________and yeah juz like to add that john o'shea was in goal for the last five minutes or so beacause van der sar go injured and united had used all their substitue. and i must say he did well in goal for the fact that he is a defender.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 04, 2007, 08:08 PM
Yes he did, Epul. I was kinda scared when Keane got away from Rio Ferdinand. But O'Shea came thru and made an awesome interception. I hope Van Der Sar will be alright. Utd will need him for the Champions League. :D

Epul
February 04, 2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah it is a worry. I hope van der sar is ok. but i am not that worried. united still have kuszack who is in my opininon is a good goalkeeper himself.

rykarreolacr
February 04, 2007, 08:47 PM
I need football!!!!!! WHHHHAAAAA!!!!! I'm desperate for Sunday football matches.... T_T
Inter was suppoused to play agaist Roma in one of the most exciting games of the year...

Epul
February 04, 2007, 10:36 PM
You have my sympathy there ryka.........

rykarreolacr
February 04, 2007, 10:41 PM
I was so desperate that i even watch the Super Bowl for a couple of minutes... I fell asleep after the 3rd time they asked for time out/commercials/etc... BOOOORING!!!!!

Lohnt
February 04, 2007, 11:54 PM
Well beckham will surely generate more interest in football in the US. But i have this feeling that he will not do it with his football rather with his looks :p! that will definitely get more US girls to notice football!

I'm all for more girls playing soccer.
Female soccer players have incredible bodies.. and it's not all muscle-freaky like other sports either, it's muscle in areas where it counts <3

Epul
February 05, 2007, 03:43 AM
I'm all for more girls playing soccer.
Female soccer players have incredible bodies.. and it's not all muscle-freaky like other sports either, it's muscle in areas where it counts <3

hahaha you maybe right about that. :)

thegreatest08
February 05, 2007, 04:47 AM
i heard that Cristiano Ronaldo might be moving to Barcelona. it might not be true tho.

Epul
February 05, 2007, 05:56 AM
hopefully that is only rumors... united won't be the same without cristiano ronaldo...

thegreatest08
February 06, 2007, 07:14 AM
the Portuguese's manager told this to him [br]Posted on: February 05, 2007, 06:04:28 AM_________________________________________________i dont mind cos i support man utd and barca[br]Posted on: February 05, 2007, 06:04:56 AM_________________________________________________the Portuguese's coach Luiz Felipe Scolari denies saying that Man Utd Cristiano Ronaldo should join Barcelona.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 06, 2007, 09:33 PM
It's gonna be hard for Man Utd to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to another club unless they got two or three other player with the same or better skill. Sir Alex would be reluctant to let Ronaldo go unless for a really high price, or better player(s). I think we'll be seeing Ronaldo (not to be confused with the recently acquired Milan player) in Old Trafford for many seasons to come. Now all they need is build a team around him, like Wenger did by handpicking players to support Henry.

thegreatest08
February 07, 2007, 03:45 AM
the chief of man utd said that anything under 40mill he will decline.

Epul
February 08, 2007, 01:30 AM
Yo i juz read that Liverpool wants to sign fernando torres.

thegreatest08
February 08, 2007, 02:04 AM
i think that it is just a rumour, but who knows

venicia777
February 08, 2007, 09:19 AM
They just got acquired by some American tycoons. It may be possible.

Epul
February 08, 2007, 07:45 PM
yeah the American tycoons said something about making one big name signing and it looks like they are aiming for fernando torres.

venicia777
February 09, 2007, 06:25 AM
I know fernando is good== but how much is he going to change Liverpools current fortunes. i really want to know.

thegreatest08
February 09, 2007, 06:46 AM
he's young and athletic[br]Posted on: February 09, 2007, 06:39:03 AM_________________________________________________i really don't think that Athletico would transfer him to another club.

Lohnt
February 10, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cristiano couldn't make it in Barcelona..

What do you guys think about Ronaldo joining Milan? Will he actually be worth the money they spent, or sit around and get fat again?

rykarreolacr
February 10, 2007, 02:29 AM
What do you guys think about Ronaldo joining Milan? Will he actually be worth the money they spent, or sit around and get fat again?

Good question... I guess only time will tell. But i still think that Milan isn't a proper team for a player like him.

thegreatest08
February 10, 2007, 03:20 AM
if ur talking about the Brazilian's, i would think that he would help them because of his caliber.
If ur talking about the Portuguese then i would say that Man UTD wont let him transfer.

rykarreolacr
February 10, 2007, 03:22 AM
if ur talking about the Brazilian's, i would think that he would help them because of his caliber.

We are talking about the Brazilian, hairless and fat Ronaldo, who was transferred from Real Madrid to Milan last week.

thegreatest08
February 10, 2007, 03:40 AM
i really do think that he will achieve alot of things in Milan. all the clubs that he has played in he was one of the valuable players in the team.

Lohnt
February 10, 2007, 11:34 PM
The only club I've seen him play for is Real, and Zidane was always the mvp in my opinion..

venicia777
February 11, 2007, 02:48 AM
Man U is on a roll. Even when they seem to suck they win. They are primed to win this years premiership.

Liverpool lost again-- sheesh!!! and they got new owners.

thegreatest08
February 11, 2007, 06:35 AM
although i am a Man Utd fan, i will think that they will have have a hard time getting the cup. if Chelsea continues there form like they had in the match between Middlesbrough. But if Chelsea lose there nxt game, which will be against the gunners., they will have a lesser chance of getting the title.

venicia777
February 11, 2007, 08:41 AM
i always liked it when there was a chase for the leadership. If chelsea slips once it may signal the end for their title ambitions. And if Man U does-- there will still be a minimum of 3 points separating the two. that is what i am expecting to happen.

it is soo exciitng as compared to those years when Man U romped to title after title. I just wish chelsea gives Man U a run for their money.

thegreatest08
February 11, 2007, 04:06 PM
who doesnt want to win the prem.

Epul
February 12, 2007, 07:59 PM
Info:

Apparently barcelona and real madrid could be prepared to pay more than 47million pound for cristiano ronaldo. Meanwhile cristiano ronaldo has issued united with an ultimantum; make me the best paid player in the world or I'm off.

source: the sun newspaper 13th february 2007

thegreatest08
February 13, 2007, 07:18 AM
havent heard that news yet

Bar&#231;a defeated Racing Santander. 2-0

both scored by Ronaldinho
GO Bar&#231;a!!!

venicia777
February 13, 2007, 07:27 AM
wow-- i guess this is the best time for him to make his move. When he is gradually getting there.

Way to go Ronaldo (not the big one :D)

Lohnt
February 13, 2007, 12:29 PM
British soccer is full of sellouts (http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=504445.html)

Beckam, this shit, God.. I rue the day that U.S. soccer has the most exciting and talked about FOOTBALL team in the world..

venicia777
February 13, 2007, 01:03 PM
This happened already. Yeah-- think i already said something of the sort above.

Although i am just hoping that Liverpool's fortunes changes.

thegreatest08
February 14, 2007, 01:38 AM
Europe XI are going to play Man Utd on march 13 for 50th anniversary of United's first competitive European fixture as well as the founding of the Common Market.

venicia777
February 14, 2007, 01:54 AM
yeah.

ANOTHER bit of news-- another American has bought an English club-- Leicester. What is happening to English football?

thegreatest08
February 14, 2007, 01:59 AM
football is getting taken over by the american's

venicia777
February 14, 2007, 02:03 AM
Hmm!! but Americans dont particularly care too much about football.

Business- and Money-- thats it!!!!

Epul
February 14, 2007, 02:50 AM
I don't think it is a problem. As long as they do not interfere with the football aspect of things, it doesn't matter if they do not care about football. At the moment all the american owners are leave footballing aspects to the manager for example the Glazers or most recently the two liverpool owners. I definitely do not see a problem here in fact, i see clubs gaining from all this again good example is liverpool. Now they have 150million pound to spend next season and not to forget they will be getting a new stadium.

thegreatest08
February 14, 2007, 04:26 AM
The two American’s who owns Liverpool are both rich, they are also owners of different sport clubs.
Tom hicks owns and operates Southwest Sports Group, the company that owns the Texas Rangers, the Dallas Stars and the Mesquite Championship Rodeo he is the co-owner of Liverpool.
The other owns Montreal Canadiens.

Epul
February 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
Another story on the speculation of Cristiano Ronaldo transfer to spain (it is really getting out hand...)

info:
Cristiano Ronaldo has told his Portugal teammates he wants to leave Manchester United according to Britain's Sun newspaper. Ronaldo had a chat with Hugo Viana the ex-Newcastle winger about his future. Apparently Ronaldo has told Viana he is eager to play in Spain.

It will be interesting to see what Fergie make of this story....

thegreatest08
February 15, 2007, 03:15 AM
ferguson won't sell his player, if there isnt a high price for him.

bax
February 15, 2007, 03:23 AM
Oh you remember during the 1996-1998 era? Where managers and players created rumors of this start is going there while another club here is interested in that star player?

Sometimes, I just view it as a strategy to up the transfer fee and salary. But in Ronaldo case, I don't know. He seems to be wanting out of MU while his performances doesn't say so. I guess, other clubs want him when he's still hot.

I don't know about sudden transfers though. Playing in another league may cause your performance to drop rapidly. Crespo is an excellent example.

thegreatest08
February 15, 2007, 03:44 AM
true, it also happend to Beckhan,Edgar Davids(NL), Patrick Kluivert(NL)

Epul
February 15, 2007, 04:30 AM
Ferguson have a history of selling his top players (Van Nistelrooy and Beckham comes to mind) and if Ronaldo keeps saying he wants to go Spain, Ferguson might just sell him and I agree with you, he won't sell him cheap.

fatboy812000
February 15, 2007, 04:37 AM
inter milan fan here ,forza nerrazzuri- and yeah the thing bout crespo is soo true some pples style just doesnt fit some leagues but ronaldo'll probably do well anywhere.

thegreatest08
February 15, 2007, 04:40 AM
he's a legend any were he plays

Lohnt
February 16, 2007, 03:32 AM
Are we still talking about Cristiano? And if so.. legend? I wouldn't go that far.. he's not that good.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 16, 2007, 07:37 AM
No, it's the Brazillian "Phenomenon" Ronaldo. He's good, and he got an eye for goal scoring. Too bad after leaving Barca to play at Inter, several major injuries happened and he sorta lost his goal scoring touch. But he's the current holder of most World Cup goal scorer. :D

thegreatest08
February 17, 2007, 06:45 AM
and he will be for many years to come.

Ruud van Nistelrooy and Mark van Bommel has left the holland team because of Marco van Basten

Babii-Boo
February 17, 2007, 09:57 AM
Carling Cup 2006-07 Final

Chelsea v Arsenal - Sunday 25th February 2007

And of course, Arsenal's going to win with their youngsters.

rykarreolacr
February 18, 2007, 03:41 AM
Inter 1 - Cagliari 0
16th straight victory for Inter.
Real Madrid's and Bayern Munich's records are surpassed. My team is ranked #1 of the world.
Italy is also ranked as #1 now by FIFA. What more can I say? :p

venicia777
February 18, 2007, 05:15 AM
Inter 1 - Cagliari 0
16th straight victory for Inter.
Real Madrid's and Bayern Munich's records are surpassed. My team is ranked #1 of the world.
Italy is also ranked as #1 now by FIFA. What more can I say? :p

Lucky you. But i am really happy they have taken complete control-- getting juventus and Milan punished was a huge blessing. To me their presence on the italian pedestal was getting too boring.

Goo Inter.

thegreatest08
February 18, 2007, 05:54 AM
Man Utd 1-1 Reading at the FA-cup fifth round [br]Posted on: February 18, 2007, 09:52:21 PM_________________________________________________Chelsea 4-0 Norwich at the FA-cup

venicia777
February 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
Well, i dont know, did Man U use their regulars?

I hope Chelsea isnt back-- I want Man U to get at least the FA and premiership this year.

thegreatest08
February 18, 2007, 06:12 AM
same here, and yeah most of the players were the regulars

Epul
February 20, 2007, 10:23 PM
Champion's League scores:
Lille 0-1 Man Utd
PSV 1-0 Arsenal
Real Madrid 3-2 Bayern Munich
Celtic 0-0 Milan

thegreatest08
February 21, 2007, 01:50 AM
arsenal got defeated by the dutch team. go PSV

Epul
February 21, 2007, 02:07 AM
Yep one of the surprise result of the day.

Babii-Boo
February 21, 2007, 05:12 AM
Noooo! Arsenal actually LOST!? Who the heck is this PSV team?? ='C
Arsenal will beat them next time, on the 7th!! >=D

Epul
February 21, 2007, 07:44 PM
Have you heard about the controversy in the man u and Lille game? I have a few things to say about the controversy goal in the man U and Lille game. First of all Lille players should not complain at all. It was a quickly taken free kick and the refree allowed it. The refree has allowed the goal so the Lille players and staff should admit that they were caught off guard and Giggs was clever enough to take the advantage. Henry has done the same thing that Giggs has done a couple of times in the EPL and there were no such controversy such as this back then.

ibra87
February 21, 2007, 08:05 PM
Let's face it guys, Liverpool won today (or was it yesterday? Bad memory) and Barcelona lost :nuts They just can't seem to be able to beat them.
But Chelsea drew... :S

thegreatest08
February 22, 2007, 03:45 AM
the next match liverpool will face agianst Barcelona's, barca are going to win

bax
February 22, 2007, 04:15 AM
But Liverpool has the advantage though. They score twice at away ground. Barca can't win with just 1-0, that will allow Liverpool to go through on away goals.

Barca must win with at least 2-0. And Liverpool is on high morale right now.

venicia777
February 22, 2007, 05:10 AM
what the heck-- Liverpool actually beat Barca. this is something.

Did eto play in this game? i am going to check.

bax
February 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
Nope. E'to was not playing. He injured his knee.

Even in the match against Valencia (Barca lost 1-2), E'to was not playing and reported at that time, was still recovering and only doing individual exercises with physical trainer Albert Roca.

venicia777
February 22, 2007, 05:23 AM
i remember reading about the spat b.n Etoo and rijkaard and Ronaldinho. i guess he either isnt fully match fit yet or this spat is still playing out.

But kudos Liverpool :thumbs

Lohnt
February 22, 2007, 07:33 PM
The Greek tragedy continues in UEFA cup today.. -_-
At least Benfica won, they're doing really well. I'd be happy if they made it to the finals this year.

thegreatest08
February 23, 2007, 02:41 AM
Noooo! Arsenal actually LOST!? Who the heck is this PSV team?? ='C
Arsenal will beat them next time, on the 7th!! >=D

PSV is a dutch team, there 1st on the ladder. in the dutch league.

venicia777
February 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
Man U is on a roll--- the premireship is ever closer

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
Yes they are. And liverpool fans can rejoice too. They won 4-0 (2 by penalty by Robbie Fowler).

As for the United game. I'd love to see Ronaldo do that every game, he can dive after the match is over.

Babii-Boo
February 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
PSV is a dutch team, there 1st on the ladder. in the dutch league.

Thank you ^^

Carling Cup finals tomorrow! Arsenal's gonna beat the hell out of Chelsea.

venicia777
February 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
Chelseas magic is dwindling. I am just hoping they dont become the Real Madrid of English Soccer.

Yes they are. And liverpool fans can rejoice too. They won 4-0 (2 by penalty by Robbie Fowler).

As for the United game. I'd love to see Ronaldo do that every game, he can dive after the match is over.

i love he last phrase
he can dive after the match is over

Ahahahahaha!!! Lets just hope he doesnt dive to another team very soon.

Xophien
February 25, 2007, 07:23 AM
Sorry to vent my anger here, but

:cussing Lyon :cussing

Little summary, Lyon was losing at home, 1-3 against Sochaux, with only 4 minutes of overtime left. End of the match, 3-3. They scored a lucky goal and then at the last minute, the b*****d Juninho scored a penalty :wall

I... I... I just can't take it anymore :crying

Urgh, to think we (Saint-Etienne) are playing them next saturday... :darn

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 25, 2007, 07:32 AM
Xoph, here's what you do. During fullmoon, go to their stadium and see if they're doing any weird rituals. :XD

Good luck to Saint-Etienne for next week's fixture. :D

Babii-Boo
February 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
Carling Cup Final! Arsenal VS Chelsea!
ARGHHHHH!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Arsenal LOST!!! 2-1!! Damn!!

Did you see the end when both teams were fighting XDD Haha it went up to 100 mins.. Damn Chelsea won... Did you see the happy look on Ashley Cole's face?? That b.e.t.r.a.y.e.r! LOL :p

Ah... thought Arsenal might win... They tried so hard... And it's not likely they'll win the other cups.
I mean, it is Theo Walcott's first goal... *sigh* But I guess the 'little boys' has put up quite a fight against those 'big boys' XP

Oh yeah... Best wishes to John Terry as well =S That must've been painful... Ack. :darn

Sooo. That's Arsenal losing twice in a row. >=C They best win on Wednesday! After a record of being unbeaten for 1/2 year. And they could've set another record if they won this match as well =( 'The youngest team to win the cup in English history' or something like that (21.6 years old).

bax
February 25, 2007, 11:40 AM
Emm.. yeah.. the result is 1-1 at half time. I dunno why, but this match feels like less appealing to me. In fact, I just tune the TV just a couple of minutes before Chelsea leveled with Arsenal.

Although I'm an Arsenal supporter too, but somehow, I don't actually feels like watching it. It's not about the level of the competition, but just don't feel like it :/

venicia777
February 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
well, the arsenal young ones played well above themselves. Although what struck me most was i really felf sorry for John Terry.

You know-- i know he is back up. But if this continues his tenure with the English National team will be a short one.

Epul
February 25, 2007, 07:42 PM
I was really impressed with allt the arsenal youngsters. They difinitely hold their own in the game against chlesea. On another day, arsenal youngsters might have won. They definitely had chances to win the game.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
Did anyone watch the game where Barcelona pounced Bilbao 3-0? I just love seeing the chemistry between Ronaldinho and Eto'o, he even set up the goal for Eto'o. And did anyone see Ronaldinho fooling the Bilbao's defense line. That man is worthy of being the world's greatest player, the dribble and fakes he did is awesome! :D

Epul
February 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
It's good to hear barcelona playing well after their crappy performance against liverpoot in th Champion's League.

bax
February 26, 2007, 03:37 AM
Heh.. Actually Chelsea won the Carling Cup :p After coming on from behind. Both by Drogba. I gotta admit, he is impressive this season.

But, what a shame. A really exciting match turned out to be sad at the end. Wih 3 red cards and 2 yellow cards just from that incident :(

Xophien
February 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
This one is just too beautiful I need to share it :luv

Second goal of Saint-Etienne against Paris yesterday (we won 2-0, w00t :D) One of the prettiest goals of the year for sure :nuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1YfX9dhb3w

A good sign for our match against Lyon saturday, I hope :amuse

bax
February 26, 2007, 08:33 AM
That is indded a great goal Xophy..

But, no offense, I'm a Lyon supporter in the French League :p

Epul
February 26, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yep I agree great goal. Reminds me of a Rivaldo goal way back when he was playing for barcelona.
Good luck Saint-Etienne, beating Lyon wont't be easy.

bax
February 26, 2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah true.. Lyon is a strong team.

Anyway, for the Carling Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea :

Theo Walcott's goal (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bP0Aq4THc2o) Arsenal 1 - Chelsea 0
Didier Drogba 1st goal (http://youtube.com/watch?v=iOIj8QV3pOg) Arsenal 1 - Chelsea 1
Didier Drogba 2nd goal (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tvFkHz5UJF4) Arsenal 1 - Chelsea 2

The Brawl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4higQ5rptk) Part One
The Brawl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqo49ADLfPY) Part Two

Chelsea won the Carling Cup (http://youtube.com/watch?v=EI-AtE5EamE) The End

thegreatest08
February 27, 2007, 06:42 AM
that was one awesome match, especially the brawl.

Epul
February 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
FA cup replay results:
Reading 2-3 Manchester United
Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Arsenal

Man united and Blackburn go through to the quarter finals.
Reading gave man utd a good fight and another disappointing day for arsenal.

ibra87
February 28, 2007, 08:25 PM
Meh. When I heard Arsenal were going to play without Henry I expected a loss. What a shame.

Babii-Boo
March 01, 2007, 11:55 AM
Arsenal lost last night against Blackburn 0-1. That's Arsenal out of the FA cup. :( Losing 3 times in a row... and out of 2 tournaments in 4 days. It's unlikely that they'll win the premier league and champions league... guess this year is just not Arsenal's year again.

But Arsenal could've won yesterday's match. There were at least 2 penalties to Arsenal and yet the ref didn't do anything. It was harsh, a goal to Blackburn with only 4 mins remaining.

venicia777
March 01, 2007, 05:02 PM
This one is just too beautiful I need to share it :luv

Second goal of Saint-Etienne against Paris yesterday (we won 2-0, w00t :D) One of the prettiest goals of the year for sure :nuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1YfX9dhb3w

A good sign for our match against Lyon saturday, I hope :amuse

that was a superb goal. And it is true-- it is similar to a Rivaldo goal (i think in one of the world cup games he played in).

I saw about 3 much more spetacular goals in the ConCaCAF league last week during a 10-best goals TV-release.

Good Luck to st Etienne.

Xophien
March 01, 2007, 06:02 PM
Good Luck to st Etienne.

Still two days before the match and I can't handle the stress already. I'm gonna die before the match at this rate... :darn

venicia777
March 01, 2007, 06:07 PM
add that to the stress of waiting for Naruto and One Piece.

Anyways-- anybody heard of who won the African Best Player award. i heard there is a ceremony in Ghana this week. Etoo and Essien are in contention. As well as Drogba.

Xophien
March 01, 2007, 06:12 PM
Drogba won with 79 votes, Eto'o is second with 74 votes and Essien only has 39.

berryfreshman
March 01, 2007, 06:17 PM
Whoa. There's a football thread here.

Cool.

Anyways, CFC Rules.

venicia777
March 01, 2007, 06:23 PM
Drogba won with 79 votes, Eto'o is second with 74 votes and Essien only has 39.

yeah. i just checked that and it was online.

and of course, with two phenomenal strikers - Drogba and Eto'o- each with a great story for achievements in 2006-- i never gave Essien a chance.

berryfreshman
March 01, 2007, 06:31 PM
Essien played most matches in central defense because of Terry's and Riccy's injury's.

If he had the chance to play in the midfield I bet he would have given some tough competition to the other 2.

Epul
March 01, 2007, 09:25 PM
Man Utd will play Liverpool this coming weekend. It will be interesting to see whether Benitez will put in his strongest eleven since the game against Barcelona will come shortly after.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 02, 2007, 06:15 AM
Epul, Man United also got a Champions League game next week. So both managers will be doing a lot of gamble, but Liverpool will be betting a lot on this one since they need to be ready for Barca now that Eto'o is back. :D

venicia777
March 02, 2007, 06:22 AM
Epul, Man United also got a Champions League game next week. So both managers will be doing a lot of gamble, but Liverpool will be betting a lot on this one since they need to be ready for Barca now that Eto'o is back. :D

Eto"o lost to Drogba for African best player of the year. Liverpool-- get ready- he will be coming for vengeance :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 03, 2007, 09:50 AM
Eto"o lost to Drogba for African best player of the year. Liverpool-- get ready- he will be coming for vengeance :pYeah, Drogba is a very powerful pacey forward. He reminds me of a young Christian Vieri. Let's hope Drogba will not end up like Bobo. :D[br]Posted on: March 01, 2007, 10:29:31 PM_________________________________________________Man Utd won 1-0 against Liverpool. Wooooohoooo!!! :dance
Too bad Scholes got red carded for a stupid useless mistake...

bax
March 03, 2007, 09:55 AM
Too bad Scholes got red carded for a stupid useless mistake...

Oh yesh.. a stupid mistake on his side, really. Now if only his hand connects with the face, I bet the FA will be on his head.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 03, 2007, 10:08 AM
Oh yesh.. a stupid mistake on his side, really. Now if only his hand connects with the face, I bet the FA will be on his head.
Actually, somehow i wanted that too and his feet managed to kick Xabi's *cough*nuts*cough*. :D

Let's see, Arsenal vs Reading, looks like Wenger is resting some of his senior player and giving young players premiership time :D

bax
March 03, 2007, 10:13 AM
Ah really? I missed the line-ups :p

Maybe Wenger thinks Reading is not worthy enough? But seriously, if they underestimate Reading, who knows what will happened.

Ah.. Theo Walcott is playing today I see.

Seiken
March 04, 2007, 08:55 AM
Puh, it almost went wrong at the end, but Arsenal won 2-1 over Reading. I was seriously afraid that resting some of the best players would backfire, but luckily, it didnt. :amuse

So, Arsenal HAVE to beat PSV on wedensday of two good reasons:

1: The have to if they are going to advance in the Champions League, obviously.
2: I am leaving the cold and depressive Tromsø (Norway) to see them live at Ashburton, so they better win! :p

venicia777
March 05, 2007, 02:46 AM
Xoph-- sorry for Etiennes loss :crying

And i am sure Bax will be jubilating-- Arsenal got a win. Liverpool will be reeling.

And those are really wonderful goals by Bergkamp.

bax
March 05, 2007, 05:14 AM
Xoph-- sorry for Etiennes loss :crying

:amuse Xoph will hate me more for this >.<

And yeah, I predicted Arsenal won 2-0. But that 1 goal Reading got was totally avoidable :( And yesh, next up, the Champions League.

6th March

Roma (0) vs Lyon (0)
Barcelona (1) vs (Liverpool (2)
Porto (1) vs Chelsea (1)
Inter (2) vs Vakencia (2)

7th March

Celtic (0) vs Milan (0)
PSV (1) vs Arsenal (0)
Lille (0) vs MU (1)
Real (3) vs Bayern (2)

venicia777
March 05, 2007, 10:54 AM
Nice predictions there. The one i am looking forward to is the Liverpool vs Barcelona match. With Eto'o back--- that should be extremely entertaining.

caco
March 05, 2007, 10:57 AM
Im looking foward for a 0-1 in the Bayer-Real Madrid game

venicia777
March 05, 2007, 11:01 AM
i wonder if D. becks plays with them

caco
March 05, 2007, 11:10 AM
i dont like becks he doesnt put his soul into the game (i had to admit in the last champions game he play really good, but ever since he arrive in Madrid he didnt give a shit to play well he is just think in his money)

Epul
March 05, 2007, 07:38 PM
Can't wait for Liverpool against Barcelona. It's gonna be cracking game! I think Barcelona will go out all guns blazing. With the agregate being 2-1 in favour of liverpool, it's up to Barcelona to take the game to Liverpool.

venicia777
March 06, 2007, 03:26 AM
i dont like becks he doesnt put his soul into the game (i had to admit in the last champions game he play really good, but ever since he arrive in Madrid he didnt give a shit to play well he is just think in his money)

I dont think it is money alone- but it definately may be a factor. Anyways, becks is injured (i just read it) so he is out for about 4 weeks.

Epul
March 06, 2007, 07:55 PM
Champion's League results:

Chelsea 2-1 Porto (agregate 3-2 Chelsea go through)
Liverpool 0-1 Barcelona (agregate 2-2 Liverpool go through on away goal)
Lyon 0-2 Roma (agregate 0-2 Roma go through)
Valencia 0-0 Inter (agregate 2-2 Valencia go through on away goal)

I watched the Barcelon against Liverpool game. It's sad to see Barcelona go out. But to be fair they had a lot of the ball but didn't create enough chances. Ronaldinho hit the post in the second half and after that Gudjhonsen came off the bench for Barcelona and scored a goal. Liverpool played well on the counter attack and unlucky not to have scored. Liverpool could have scored at least two in the first half and could have finished of the game by then.
Now I have one more game to look forward to, the man utd against Lille game. Glory glory man utd!!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 07, 2007, 12:49 AM
The match between Inter vs Valencia was a riot, and i'm not kidding. While other players are holding down Burdisso when he almost punched Marchena, Navarro came in and sock one in Burdisso's face. That action sparked anger from the Inter side, even Toldo got mad. I dont understand why Navarro, who weren't even playing, got into the field just to stir more trouble.

Epul
March 07, 2007, 07:30 PM
Champion's League Result:

Manchester United 1-0 Lille (agregate 2-0 man utd go through)
Arsenal 1-1 PSV Eindhoven (agregate 1-2 PSV go through)
Bayern Munich 2-1 Real Madrid (agregate 4-4 Bayern go through on away goal)
AC Milan 1-0 Celtic (agregate 1-0 Milan go through)

Yahoo!! Man utd are through to the quarter final. Man Utd might do the treble again this year!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 08, 2007, 07:46 AM
Let's hope so. Too bad Martin Larsson wont be playing for United anymore. Last night's game was his last for United, since his loan contract will be over by mid-March. He'll be going back to Helsingborg so he can stay close to his family.
I guess the Lille defense must've forgot that there was a time that Martin Larsson was nicknamed the Prince of Air. He got 5 yards of room to make that free header, and the cross by Ronaldo was nice. Too bad he made that theatrical dive in the first half (but there was definitely contact, his dive and reputation gave him the yellow card).

Milan won too!!! :dance :dance :dance :dance

Xophien
March 08, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'm rooting for Roma now until the end ! :D Them defeating Lyon made me (and thousands of depressed Saint-Etienne fans) really happy :D

But really, Arsenal, Inter and Barcelona down, boy that was unexpected. I think this year might be MU's year :amuse

Epul
March 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
Yahoo!!! man utd are through to the semi final of the FA cup. Now the dream of another treble might not just be a dream!

thegreatest08
March 21, 2007, 12:54 AM
Man Utd 4-1 Bolton. The scores where: Man Utd:Park: 2 and Rooney: 2.
Bolton: Speed (pen)
-
The Barclays Premiership Top Scorers are:
Drogba Chelsea 18
Ronaldo Man Utd 16
McCarthy Blackburn 12
Rooney Man Utd 12
Yakubu Middlesbrough12
Johnson Everton 11
Lampard Chelsea 11
Van Persie Arsenal 11
Doyle Reading 10
Henry Arsenal 10
Kanu Portsmouth 10
Martins Newcastle 10
Anelka Bolton 9
Bent Charlton 9
Kuyt Liverpool 9

venicia777
March 21, 2007, 05:57 AM
that Ronaldo is getting more awesome by the week. although his diving will almost chase him everywhere. The penalty his scored this week for Man U's qualification elicited cries of diving from the opponent coach :p

Brazil and Ghana play again in 6 days time. i really want to see that. and again there will be no Essien.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
I have to admit it, Ronaldo's been playing some very good games lately. And another thing i love is Rooney's scoring again!!! :D

Brazil vs Ghana? Now that i have to see...

Lohnt
March 30, 2007, 11:31 PM
Greek athletics has been suspended until april 13th due to a death from fanaticism in (of all things) a women's volleyball match.

What am I gonna do without futbal for that long =((((((

I need to find a Portuguese bar/pub so I can watch Porto LOSE to Benfica =p
God I want Benfica to dethrone Porto and win the Uefa Cup, and I honestly think they have a chance.

Epul
April 02, 2007, 07:38 PM
Wohoo! can't wait for man utd vs. Roma game. Hopefully man utd can hold together in the back since Vidic is injured.