PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Fullmetal Alchemist by Arakawa Hiromu

Galth
June 11, 2006, 09:11 PM
Dunno why there isnt a thread for this yet, as it is by far the best series out there imo XD

Title: Full Metal Alchemist

Author: Arakawa Hirumo

Summary: The story is about two brothers, Alphonse and Edward Elric, who tried to revive their dead mother using alchemy, but something went horribly wrong: Alphonse was taken by the powers they unleashed, and Edward lost his leg. Shocked by what just happened, Edward tried to bring his brother back, but as a sacrifice to take back his brother's soul and fuse it into an armour, he had to transmute his own arm, leaving him with only two limbs left. Now Alphonse, whose soul is fixed to an armour, and Edward, who now got a mechanic leg and arm, have to find a way of retrieving their former bodies, and have started a quest to find or make the legendary "Philosopher's Stone" to reach their goal.

Details: 57 Chapters released, but ongoing, and it's from Shounen GanGan ( monthly magazine ), so more pages per chapter compared to Naruto. ( think 18 < 45 or something ). Dunno how many volumes that is though...

Why You Recommend It: Because it's so damn funny, the hasn't been a part of the manga yet that i don't like, because every character is cool or cute in his own way, and because the main character is strong to begin with :)

Where to Get It: www.stoptazmo.com/full_metal_alchemist/ is always a possibility, but i'm sure there are lot's of better sites around, try MangaTraders if you like... though as always, IRC is the best option ;)

So, 59 chapters so far, 60 coming soon. Discuss, tell me i'm the manga is great and why, and perhaps decide you want to do translations for this awesome manga, in which case you can pm an admin and get the series it's own subforum, which would be awesome. =D

As this thread is for discussion too, it might get spoilerish from now on, but for this post only i'll protect you by using tabs ;)

So, interesting things going on lately, the second Ishbal campaign starting, the nosebleeding scene of Lisa showering showing us a strange tattoo on her back...... homunculus? something else? time will tell. I wonder if we'll see an all-out war in Ishbal now, and what Scar plans to do from this point on. Also, i wonder if his arm is the same as in the anime... O_o
[hr]
Full Metal Alchemists Forum is now closed. All discussion can now return to this thread. To view the old forum follow this link (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/149-Fullmetal-Alchemist).

destinator
June 11, 2006, 09:22 PM
Uhm doenst that mean that the manga progresses really slow ? 4x18 pages or 1x45 ? Just as a question because I havent read it yet. Or did i get something wrong maybe :D?

Galth
June 11, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yes, it does progress more slowly then SJ manga's, but there's a lot of manga's that are published monthly btw, like for example 666Satan[br]Posted on: June 12, 2006, 03:25:14 AM_________________________________________________Another thing about FMA is the complete lack of dragonball z-ish powerups ( well, not complete lack perhaps, but far far less ). No big "change in strength" of the main character either, he's relatively strong in the beginning, and he stays about the same level.

destinator
June 11, 2006, 09:38 PM
I may check it out later, but 60 D.Gray-Man and 108 Death Note chapters are still waiting >.< but it sounds interesting.I just know the name from many ps2 games I've seen here.

Katekyo
June 11, 2006, 11:19 PM
I watched the anime and saw the movie and I absolutely love them both. I'm only on like volume 6 or 7 of the manga but it's very good also. Has a lot of MAJOR differences with the anime, which is why I started reading it. I don't know which I like better but hopefully the manga impresses me more.

barbapapa
June 12, 2006, 06:03 AM
The manga is one of the best ones I've read ever. Massively better than the anime too, especially after volume 7 when Ling first shows up and all.

btw, chapter 60 got released yesterday: check it out over at www.zomgfta.com
the only ones that are still scanlating it, praise them \o/

Tamerlane
June 12, 2006, 12:39 PM
I love the FMA series. :love

Discuss, tell me i'm the manga is great and why, and perhaps decide you want to do translations for this awesome manga, in which case you can pm an admin and get the series it's own subforum, which would be awesome. =D

I would be soooo happy if this manga was picked up by Manga Helpers. Currently it seems like there is only one group really doing scanlations, and even just translations would be wonderful. FMA already has a very large fanbase and it could bring some new people here that would contribute to the forums a lot.

*casts her vote for FMA*

o_o

karasu
June 12, 2006, 01:13 PM
i cast my vote to FMA too.. i love that series..but it's going too slowly..

Galth
June 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
Ah, well, i remember someone telling me that "they" are planning to make a few (6?) more anime episodes after the ending and the movie... that would be awesome. Perhaps it was Miso who said that? I'll have to ask her when she gets back. XD

Anyway, Ling...
was that the person that turned into the second Greed later? I'm mixing up names lately... no laughing, karasu XD

ladiv
June 12, 2006, 02:06 PM
hi...i'm new here...and this is my first post :redface

this is a really good manga...i actually prefer it to the anime
i didn't like how the anime made the series seem sad...plus..it didn't have as much humour

and in response to the spoiler question...it is ling

karasu
June 12, 2006, 03:01 PM
yes it is ling.. no i'm not *chuckle* laughing at all..really :D you didn't mess up, why should i *chuckle* laugh?

*slaps* - Khal
*dodge* - Karasu
*watches as Karasu stumbles into the prepared "spike-gap" trap* - Khal
*変わり身の術!! (Kawarimi no Jutsu!!) FLASH!! watches Khal fell into the "spike-gap" instead* - karasu

fireballer666
June 14, 2006, 01:00 AM
The newest chapter is awesome.....but I really dislike the crimson alchemist, he pisses me off....anyways...EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS SERIES

Galth
June 14, 2006, 01:03 AM
The newest chapter is awesome.....but I really dislike the crimson alchemist, he pisses me off....anyways...EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS SERIES

Hehe, he's even worse in the anime ;)

karasu
June 14, 2006, 07:31 PM
hm.. i love the flashbacks..
but if they're slow, i wish they would've continue the storyline instead...

NeoShweaty
June 14, 2006, 09:41 PM
i havent gotten around to reading the series yet but i have been meaning to after i was gyped by the anime (the movie left some closure but why the fuck did it have to end in the real world?). It is just a little tedious re-reading what i saw in the anime but people say that stuff is different (i think it was FMA, maybe another manga) even in the stuff that followed the manga, so at what point does the anime actually branch off from the manga so i can read from there.

babbitblob
June 14, 2006, 09:49 PM
kimbley actually has some twisted character development in the manga. instead of just being a bomb maniac, now he's a bomb maniac with some screwed up sort of honor in his killings.

and basque gran has now rosen a few thousand places in the fma rankings x.x

Katekyo
June 14, 2006, 10:03 PM
I skimmed volumes 1-5, they seemed like the same. When Greed captures Al it gets different because the whole Humonculus thing is a little different, they transform and such. So look for that, I think it's volume 5 or 6.

ladiv
June 14, 2006, 10:11 PM
the first couple episodes of the anime were different from the manga...the whole flash back about how he became a state alchemist was different and happened later on...and there were a few extra stories in the beginning...

barbapapa
June 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
@ NeoShweaty: Check it out starting from volume 7 if you don't want to bother with reading it all over again (which I actually encourage, there's a lot of subtle differences even in the early volumes)

Galth
June 17, 2006, 11:25 AM
Well, from the very beginning there are a lot of differences, and what's wrong with reading 7 volumes again? It's like 2/3 hours of having fun.

Anyway, the anime never "splits up" from the manga, they just never where the same and their stories start going further and further from eachother as time passes... The last 20 or so episodes of the FMA anime were fully original, and the third anime episode was already "filler". ( Well, not really filler, as the anime is independant, but it wasnt in the manga anyway, the whole "doll" thing ).

barbapapa
June 17, 2006, 12:10 PM
It's actually pretty impressive what BONES Animation Studio did with the FMA Anime, seeing as they only had to go with a couple of vague ideas Hiromu Arakawa had at the time. Improvising all that and still making a pretty good show; though they kinda lost it at the end.
But when you keep track of how Arakawa herself keeps expanding that world of FMA and see the ground she laid in the beginning of the series really take form; that just makes this one of the best manga ever.

^ Agreed - Khal

ILUVATAR
June 30, 2006, 02:30 PM
i've read till chapter 60. (just today ;p)
Khal as for the tatoo Lisa had on her back i strongly believe it has something to do with what we see her say about her father's secrets that weren't manuscripts but something else in chaper 60
a very interesting manga i must say though some of the flashbacks are a little bit boring (some times)
...it goes WAY TO WILD on current chapters and i really want to see how it continues :D
oh... one other thing... I HATE WRATH OR KING BRADLEY OR WHATEVER HIS NAME "MIGHT" BE :mad i simply hate him, it makes me wanna throw him in a lava lake :noworry

Galth
June 30, 2006, 02:38 PM
i've read till chapter 60. (just today ;p)
Khal as for the tatoo Lisa had on her back i strongly believe it has something to do with what we see her say about her father's secrets that weren't manuscripts but something else in chaper 60
a very interesting manga i must say though some of the flashbacks are a little bit boring (some times)
...it goes WAY TO WILD on current chapters and i really want to see how it continues :D
oh... one other thing... I HATE WRATH OR KING BRADLEY OR WHATEVER HIS NAME "MIGHT" BE :mad i simply hate him, it makes me wanna throw him in a lava lake :noworry

No way! Wrath is amusing! ( note how Wrath in the manga is called Pride in the anime btw... because they already had another Wrath... one that we do not have in the manga and i hope will never see :amuse )

ILUVATAR
June 30, 2006, 02:49 PM
amusing isn't a word that i would've given to a man with three swords, a devil's eye and and attitude of a god like super power unnatural human being called humunuclus (he wa called a brat by Envy ffs. and let's don't forget his "father" omg.... :darn

Galth
June 30, 2006, 02:51 PM
amusing isn't a word that i would've given to a man with three swords, a devil's eye and and attitude of a god like super power unnatural human being called humunuclus (he wa called a brat by Envy ffs. and let's don't forget his "father" omg.... :darn

Envy calls everyone a brat XD
Ehmz, refresh my memory, father? You mean
"Clonenheim"?

ILUVATAR
June 30, 2006, 03:59 PM
wasn't it Homenheim??? whatever. i am a bit confused too about that. he said "did he made a family?" why do i have the IDIOTIC idea that the one that the Elric's consider as a father is "something else" like another experiment of his ewwww my brain got zaped :darn

Galth
June 30, 2006, 04:00 PM
yes, it's hohenheim/hoenheim :amuse well, he looks like him, but its not him, so i assume one of them is a clone ( i personally think the homunculus' leader is the original... )

ILUVATAR
July 01, 2006, 03:41 PM
damn.... i want to learn more about this manga... is there any "databooks" that gives any other info about it???

barbapapa
July 01, 2006, 05:16 PM
The FMA Profiles book has just been released by Viz in English. Of course they're also available in Japanese as the Perfect Guidebooks.
Check out the projects page at http://www.zomgfta.com/ for a tad more info... also check their forum ;)

ILUVATAR
July 03, 2006, 01:17 PM
thnks for the link pwned hokage... you owned :D[br]Posted on: July 01, 2006, 05:23:18 PM_________________________________________________Oh My God..... i've had this idea from the very first time i heard those names but i just could't get it (sometimes i am a reeeally slow brains)
Hey Khal.....
the "children" of this guy that looks like Hohenhein or whatever have their names from the Seven Deadly Sins (i bet you already knew that though :P)
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath), acedia (sloth). soooo we must wait to see at least seven of them right? .....o_O damn

NeoShweaty
July 03, 2006, 01:28 PM
thnks for the link pwned hokage... you owned :D

or pwned as it were

stard00
July 03, 2006, 01:33 PM
FMA WAS COOL BUT THE COOLEST WAS THE PART IN THE MOVIE WHERE GLUTTONY AND WRATH FIGHT

Galth
July 04, 2006, 01:51 AM
the "children" of this guy that looks like Hohenhein or whatever have their names from the Seven Deadly Sins (i bet you already knew that though :P)
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath), acedia (sloth). soooo we must wait to see at least seven of them right? .....o_O damn

*biggest O RLY sign known to mankind*

And yeah, i believe we've seen all seven in the anime, yet two are yet to be revealed in the manga ( and one of them had a different name ):

Gluttony, the fat guy that always wants to eat everything, unoriginal yet very amusing :amuse Killed by Wrath and Edward in the movie.
Envy, the first homunculus that Dante created yeeeeeaaaaaars ago, or at least rumoured to be, only "in it" for the fun, not planning to become human anyway. i dont remember if he died, but he was used in his dragon form in the movie to form the new gateway to Shamballa ( or at least they thought it was that ;) )
Lust, the homunculus of Scar's brother's girlfriend, whom he tried to transmute back to life in vain... killed by Wrath and/or Sloth in my memory
Pride, the Fuhrer, king Bradley, killed by Roy Mustang in the last episode :amuse
Wrath, the child of the Elric's sensei, born dead, yet after being the subject of a human transmutation it came to life as a homunculus with Edwards lost arm and leg attached so he could use alchemy for some reason... killed by Gluttony or Edward in the movie ( arguable ).
Greed, a failed human transmutation by Dante, though more recent it seems, by far the coolest of the homunculus and such a shame he got a shorter role in the anime... oh wait, i'm going offtopic, anyway, Edward finished him off.
Sloth, the Elric brother's mother, after being brought back a homunculus, and the Fuhrer's secretary... refresh my memory here... wasn't she killed by Edward and Alphonse together? ( i remember something with her turning to gas and dissapearing... )

KILLCOUNT: 7 out of 7.

Lust, Envy and Gluttony : the same personalities and looks, yet nothing is revealed on their past yet, heck, we dont even know if homunculus are created in the same way as the anime!
Greed : first a homunculus that didn't obey "the leader" and was imprisoned, but on release he wants to learn true immortality from Alphonse, and is the first Homunculus for Ed and Al to be encountered, later killed by Wrath and the homunuculus' leader's bubbling vat of scary substance :amuse
A lot later Shin makes a bargain with "the leader" ( i like to call him Clonenheim XD ) and becomes the second Greed.
Wrath : Fuhrer, King Bradley, named Pride in the anime. High-ranked among the homunculus
Pride and Sloth haven't been revealed yet ( though we have seen some shadowy forms... one of them is in Central right now ;) )[br]Posted on: July 04, 2006, 09:50:30 AM_________________________________________________

FMA WAS COOL BUT THE COOLEST WAS THE PART IN THE MOVIE WHERE GLUTTONY AND WRATH FIGHT

Capslock... it hurts my eyes, hehehe >_<
But yeah, that scene was awesome :nuts

ILUVATAR
July 06, 2006, 12:37 PM
i've only seen the movie of FMA: Conqueror of Shambala. ....i didn't understand A thing :P
i understood though that Al found his body but lost his memory of the time being in the armor (he found it again later on the movie) Ed and Al regroup themselves in another dimension as it seems, a place with no Alchemy. somewhere near our World War II i believe.... in the end they continue their journey in this dimension together again.... :wtf ....
Franky Speaking - I AM NOT CRYING YOU IDIOTS

Galth
July 06, 2006, 12:38 PM
i've only seen the movie of FMA: Conqueror of Shambala. ....i didn't understand A thing :P

No surprise, the movie isnt for people that didnt see the anime, clearly... XD

And bad subtitling kills it... >_<

NeoShweaty
July 06, 2006, 12:45 PM
i really wish :
the movie didnt end in the "real" world. I want fucking alchemy!!

I need to read the manga anyway. :/

Galth
July 06, 2006, 12:52 PM
i really wish :
the movie didnt end in the "real" world. I want fucking alchemy!!

I need to read the manga anyway. :/

Yeah, i wanted that to happen too... T___T

And hell yeah you should! XD

NeoShweaty
July 06, 2006, 12:54 PM
I am still angry with the ending of the anime. Even after i saw the movie.

Tamerlane
July 06, 2006, 03:36 PM
The ending to the anime was better in some ways than the end to the movie when...

They ran away and just left Winry standing there....=/ Ahh...another loose end left hanging.

Anyways I am finally reading the manga becuase I really wanted to see a few things wrapped up that were left hanging not only in the anime but the movie as well.

:amuse

ILUVATAR
July 06, 2006, 04:16 PM
manga > anime >> movie XD

barbapapa
July 06, 2006, 04:26 PM
correction
manga >>>>>>>> all xD

Galth
July 06, 2006, 04:30 PM
correction
manga >>>>>>>> all xD

Yeah, a single ">" doesnt do the manga justice, though i really liked the anime until the end... XD

NeoShweaty
July 06, 2006, 04:52 PM
Same

does hughes die in the manga too?

Galth
July 06, 2006, 04:53 PM
does hughes die in the manga too?

Are you sure you want to click this spoiler?

yes T___________________________T

NeoShweaty
July 06, 2006, 05:07 PM
:crying

ILUVATAR
July 07, 2006, 12:21 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=168
:XD :Haha :grin :rofl :rofl :rofl

i just found it. isn't it great?

NeoShweaty
July 07, 2006, 12:36 PM
lol, that was good for a chuckle

glasskatana
July 11, 2006, 03:39 AM
For all you people who have yet to read it, read it. Quite possibly the best ongoing manga series out there right now is FullMetal alchemist. The VIZ translation is rather good, so for you die-hard fans (me) I encourage you to buy it (if your wallet can take it. I must admit mangas cost a lot.) Also you can read the scanlations/raws/translations as they come out here. www.zomgfta.com Honestly, If I had to give my top 2 manga of all time, Rurouni Kenshin and FullMetal alchemist...without a doubt would be the ones I choose. It gets my coveted (never-before-given or used) seal of absolute recommendation.

Reading through these posts I see that no one has yet to post a link to the site I posted above. Go there, they work really fast. (unfortunately right now, they're at a camp or something so it might be a little late, but still, I love them) again that link is www.zomgfta.com

Also, FullMetal Alchemist is one of the few manga I've read who's chracters are SO good, I don't hate any of them. My favorites have to be Ling both pre and post accepting Greed. Which by the way was one of the best speeches ever given. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/51.png I always find myself wishing Naruto would so something similar to that with the Kyuubi. But alas, Naruto as a whole has too much of a goodguy is good, badguy is bad feeling to allow something like that. And Wrath, soooo cool.

Hermie
July 20, 2006, 02:21 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kb90pz

61, the day after I finish reading through the series! :D

glasskatana
July 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
Hey Hermie, did you get that chapter from zomgfta.com?

fireballer666
July 20, 2006, 05:08 PM
omfgzorz...its FMA, so does anyone know what the heck happened to Kimbley at the end of 61, did he become a humounculis (sp?)....

Hermie
July 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
Nope, got it from #lurk. ;)

But it's probably the same release, not a lot of other people doing it, it seems..

glasskatana
July 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
Nope, got it from #lurk. ;)

But it's probably the same release, not a lot of other people doing it, it seems..

yeah. Supposedly Shannaro wanted to get more cleaners so they could work on it and make it nice. I hope they do, that would be so great.

ILUVATAR
July 21, 2006, 04:14 PM
Chapter 61 yay :D \o/ at last.....when 62 is going to come out? HAHAHA i'm a greedy little bastard :kukuku :XD

glasskatana
July 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
Chapter 61 yay :D \o/ at last.....when 62 is going to come out? HAHAHA i'm a greedy little bastard :kukuku :XD

You can usually expect them on the 11th of each month. Though sometimes the RAW comes out earlier than that. And then sometimes it's late. Add on to that the fact that zomgfta has other things to do besides scanning FMA, usually the scan comes out between the 11th and the 15th.

ILUVATAR
July 22, 2006, 04:53 PM
THANKS A BUNCH GLASSKATANA... that was a very usefull information you gave me cause now i will kinda know when to check when the chapters might have been released and i won't have to look almost every day :crying

glasskatana
August 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
The RAW for chapter 62 is out. I'll give a link later. And after some PM's with GK, he told me that if we can get enough translators (and scanlators) interested in FMA scanlations, they would put a section up in this site. I've already made a translator poll (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7314.0) so voice your support (especially if you happen to be a translator, or have the ability to translate).

Gold Knight
August 10, 2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, FMA has always been a series that I'd have liked to see grow as a section here. I read it as well. If any translators and scanlators are willing to make a presence here, we'll happily provide for and advertise and promote their work here at MH.

eni
August 11, 2006, 12:31 AM
The RAW for chapter 62 is out. I'll give a link later.

Later! fma62RAW [sendspace by ZOMGFTA] (http://www.sendspace.com/file/j2p338) [rapidshare by eni] (http://rapidshare.de/files/28971296/fma62.zip.html) ... enjoy :D

finally the brothers again *eye sparkles* ... ed! ed! ed! ed! ... *dances through the room* :smile-big

glasskatana
August 11, 2006, 12:33 AM
grr, you beat me to it. well, I was busy with other things and I kind of forgot.

Would you like a seperate FMA section? :D

eni
August 11, 2006, 12:39 AM
Would you like a seperate FMA section? :D
Of course, that's not a question for me xD

yeste
August 11, 2006, 06:41 AM
GK jr Why have you lured me here from the Hang Out V2.0 beta?????

I'd like to see FMA grow here, too, so can i help somehow????

LadyHatake
August 11, 2006, 09:41 AM
I actually just started reading th FMA manga a few days ago. I'm on volume 3, I think. I've seen all of the anime, though.

I would like to see FMA here, though. I think it's a great series ^^

glasskatana
August 11, 2006, 01:22 PM
GK jr Why have you lured me here from the Hang Out V2.0 beta?????

I'd like to see FMA grow here, too, so can i help somehow????

If you can scanlate or translate you can help. Also if you know any translators who you think would really like to transalte some FMA, then PM them or get them over here. Same for scanlators.

I actually just started reading th FMA manga a few days ago. I'm on volume 3, I think. I've seen all of the anime, though.

I would like to see FMA here, though. I think it's a great series ^^

I saw all the anime too. Very different from the manga, but I still like the way they did things. I personally prefer the manga though. Keep reading LadyHatake, it gets even better.

:sigh. At the moment there don't seem to be any offers on translators or scanlators.
But I will not give up hope.

ILUVATAR
August 11, 2006, 01:53 PM
yay \o/ yeah, i'd wanted that. Ed, Al, THEIR MASTER :D
yeah we would talk about lots of things if a thread like this opens.... allthought i don't think that there are lots of people to support our noble goal :noworry

Galth
August 11, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm starting to enjoy Kimblee's role more and more currently ( just wanted to write that down somewhere ). I like him better then i did when watching the anime...

Dunno why there isnt a thread for this yet, as it is by far the best series out there imo XD

Fullmetal Alchemist has so much fans... but there's only one group doing it? And this thread is basically all we have... Good luck finding a translator, glasskatana~!!

Has anyone asked ZOMGFTA if they'd consider posting their releases here yet?

yeste
August 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
If you can scanlate or translate you can help. Also if you know any translators who you think would really like to transalte some FMA, then PM them or get them over here. Same for scanlators.

Than I'm totaly useless.... :(

Has anyone asked ZOMGFTA if they'd consider posting their releases here yet?

About that, you’re welcome to try, but I doubt it…

I remember some of the fans asking them to work with Shannaro, but they refused ( understatement) !!! Even one of the staff from Shannaro asked if they could use their trans or something, and explained exactly what Shannaro does ( HQ releases!!! ) they said they work alone… So…

glasskatana
August 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
Than I'm totaly useless.... :(

no, you can always voice your support on this thread. The more people who want it, the more likely it is to become a seperate section.

yeste
August 11, 2006, 02:39 PM
no, you can always voice your support on this thread. The more people who want it, the more likely it is to become a seperate section.

That I can do!!!!!!!!! :turtle

eni
August 11, 2006, 02:58 PM
I remember some of the fans asking them to work with Shannaro, but they refused ( understatement) !!! Even one of the staff from Shannaro asked if they could use their trans or something, and explained exactly what Shannaro does ( HQ releases!!! ) they said they work alone… So…
Yeah, I remember the thread there. They want to work alone and they have their own community, that's ok. I like their work and I can wait a few days or longer if they can't find enough time - like last month. So I think a second group is not really necessary, but I also like to read different translations if possible.

I'll also support this thread. Maybe more people will join :D

Galth
August 11, 2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I remember the thread there. They want to work alone and they have their own community, that's ok. I like their work and I can wait a few days or longer if they can't find enough time - like last month. So I think a second group is not really necessary, but I also like to read different translations if possible.

Seeing as their releases are of a really decent quality it's not that a second group is a really urgent need, but if we could get translators and scanlators for speedy scans here, we could grow a section here, which would be awesome (and very much deserved of this manga) and maybe even hope for a very leet hq group to start working on it? :nuts

*continues daydreaming*

glasskatana
August 11, 2006, 03:14 PM

I'll also support this thread. Maybe more people will join :D

Exactly. My computer is filled with their scanlations, but it's always good to have other translations available. Plus, though they do make great translations, their scans are probably at MQ level since they aren't cleaned with the efficiency of say, shannaro of Japflap, or any of our other scan teams who can manage to turn cam-shots into MQ scans. :)

Translators and Scanlators are desperately needed. If we can get just a couple who are willing to do it, that would be great.

so go out there, my fullmetal minions, go out there and start getting translators and scanlators to work on FMA.

yeste
August 11, 2006, 05:25 PM
Yes, they do the work… And yes their releases are somesort of a MQ! And Shannaro didi want to do it well… Shannaro style!!! HQ all the way…

But gk you should know…FMA has a sh*t load of gray areas… And the style is quite different than Naruto. Sometimes it’s quite simple, but the drawings can get pretty darn hard to do…I haven’t seen the raws, but as these girls ( or the one that’s doing the scanlation ) do relatively good work in producing a solid MQ, I think it’s raws are not ultra LQ… They also said they object to redrawing and cleaning gray or black areas ‘cause they don’t want to “spoil” the original art!?!!

So, what I’m saying is: you will need a couple of extra good scanlatiors for this!!! And I mean Shannaro or Inane style… And that’s way below my level or even anyone I know!!!

Sorry for the negativity, I’d really like to help, and wish you good luck but it will be hard to organize this….

glasskatana
August 12, 2006, 02:31 AM
a question for all you mods out there. Would it be allright to start a poll somewhere of whether or not people would like to see FMA turned into a seperate section here at MH? I don't know why, but I feel if it was made more obvious that many people would enjoy it, more translators/scanlators would be willing to at least give it a shot.

Galth
August 12, 2006, 02:38 AM
No need for a poll, get people to discuss in this thread and get trans- or scanlations on a monthly basis here is what should feed a section. No matter how cool a manga is, if there's nothing to post a new section is useless. (imo)

glasskatana
August 12, 2006, 02:57 AM
No need for a poll, get people to discuss in this thread and get trans- or scanlations on a monthly basis here is what should feed a section. No matter how cool a manga is, if there's nothing to post a new section is useless. (imo)

k, thanks for the response. That's why I asked. :amuse[br]Posted on: August 12, 2006, 12:39:24 AM_________________________________________________O.K., I'm going to try something very brave here. I'm personally going to email umeko (zomgfta) and ask her if she would be willing to post her scanlations on this forum, or have one of us post it here with Credit going COMPLETELY to her and her partner. This is my rough draft for the email. I want it to be good, so I need some help.

Dear Umeko,
I have emailed you to ask you something. But first a little background.

I am a member on a certain forum that handles a lot of great manga. FMA is one of my personal favorites and I asked the forum leaders if it would be alright to devote a section to it. They said it would be fine, as long as I could find people willing to translate and scanlate manga. So here I am.

I'm not asking you to change the way you scan at all, and if you decline, I will understand (and make sure if the section ever does come into existance that your scans and trans are not used by other people). All I'm asking is if you would be willing to post your scans in the forum. Or if it would be alright for me to post your scans (in case you don't have time to do it yourself) in the forum while giving ALL THE CREDIT to you and your partner. Your translations would not be used by anyone else. Whether you decline or accept, please return this email. Your scans would greatly help the forum grow and I'm hoping you will accept my offer.

Sincerely,
A devoted fan, glasskatana.
So how does it sound?

barbapapa
August 12, 2006, 03:07 AM
Somehow I doubt they'd do that. They keep their downloads of FMA "somewhat" hidden on their site and they strongly insist everyone buys all the volumes.

+ you kinda make it sound you want them to post here so people can download (you didnt say that, but one might get that impression)
if you do mail them, make sure you emphasize the fact it's just to "make the community grow larger" etc...

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 12:27 AM
Somehow I doubt they'd do that. They keep their downloads of FMA "somewhat" hidden on their site and they strongly insist everyone buys all the volumes.

+ you kinda make it sound you want them to post here so people can download (you didnt say that, but one might get that impression)
if you do mail them, make sure you emphasize the fact it's just to "make the community grow larger" etc...

hmmm, agreed. Time to make some changes.

Dear Umeko,
I have emailed you to ask you something. But first a little background.

I am a member on a certain forum that handles a lot of great manga. FMA is one of my personal favorites and I asked the forum leaders if it would be alright to devote a section to it. They said it would be fine, as long as I could find people willing to translate and scanlate manga. So here I am.

All I'm trying to do is help my manga community grow larger, and this is one way you could help. And it would be a GREAT help. I'm not asking you to change the way you scan at all, and if you decline, I will understand (and make sure if the section ever does come into existance that your scans and trans are not used by other people). Also, it would be told that your scans are NOT to be used simply as replacements for the volumes and purchasing the actual manga would be strongly encouraged. (Links to VIZ, Stores that stock the volumes, etc.) All I'm asking is if you would be willing to post your scans in the forum. Or if it would be alright for me to post your scans (in case you don't have time to do it yourself or you simply don't want to) in the forum while giving ALL THE CREDIT to you and your partner. Your translations would not be used by anyone else. Whether you decline or accept, please return this email. Your scans would greatly help the forum grow and I'm hoping you will accept my offer.

Sincerely,
A devoted fan, glasskatana.
A little better. I myself am doubtful of whether they would agree. And for a section to exist we'd still need at least our own translators. Still, this would be helpful. Thoughts?[br]Posted on: August 12, 2006, 01:08:56 AM_________________________________________________Well, your thoughts are too late, as I already sent the request to umeko. Oh yeah, chapter 62 is complete. http://www.sendspace.com/file/yyocu2
I'm thinking of reviewing FMA chapters as they come out in the manga scrapbooks. Much like Gold Knight reviews Naruto in his 10 comments section. If you haven't seen his reviews before you should really read them. Anyway, if I were to review the chapters, would you guys even read the review?

Galth
August 13, 2006, 02:19 AM
Khal would. :paperbag

Btw, did you even mention what forum you meant in your message? :lmao

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 02:42 AM
Khal would. :paperbag

Btw, did you even mention what forum you meant in your message? :lmao

no, and I did that on purpose, I no longer remember the purpose, but rest assured, there was originally a purpose. It was something along the lines that if for some reason they ended up hating me for emailing them I wouldn't want them to post some anit-mangahelper thing on their website. Also, I didn't really think there was a need. They have yet to get back to me so I'm assuming she's
1.) busy
2.) ignoring me

No matter. I've already gotten at least 1 scanlation team (I'm not going to tell who, that's a secret) and I have a scanlation team that says maybe. Now all I need is one or two translators (or 10... the more the merrier.)

Well, if Khal would read my reviews then it's definitely worth it. TIME TO WRITE SOME REVIEWS!!!
Glasskatana's Alchemy in Action Review (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7390.msg129827#msg129827) is up in the Manga Scrapbook section. Visit and comment please. :dance

Galth
August 13, 2006, 06:11 AM
I'm not going to tell who, that's a secret

Hah, i have a hunch... :D

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 01:15 PM
OMG NO WAI!!!

Umeko emailed me back and said she was fine with me using her scnas on the site as long as I gave the proper credit to her. IT WORKED!!! Score 1 for us.

Galth
August 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
Sweet! <3

So you'll be posting here whenever a new chapter is released?

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 02:06 PM
Sweet! <3

So you'll be posting here whenever a new chapter is released?

yup. And if a new section is created...well you get it. Just like we get the releases of shannaro and japflap, I'll be posting the releases of zomgfta.

NeoShweaty
August 13, 2006, 02:13 PM
i dont see why there isnt a sub-section for this already. I mean a full blown section would be hasty considering the converstaion is pretty much limitied to this topic but fullmetal alchemist kicks ass in its many forms.

midnight789
August 13, 2006, 02:46 PM
Well, I just read this manga (never saw the anime, so it was a fresh experience) and i'm impressed. It's times like these when I wish i spoke japanese :crying

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
Well, I just read this manga (never saw the anime, so it was a fresh experience) and i'm impressed. It's times like these when I wish i spoke japanese :crying

why? so you could be a translator. I also wish I spoke Japanese. And in case you didn't see my above link, chapter 62 is completed, scanned and all. So you can go and read it.[br]Posted on: August 13, 2006, 12:47:41 PM_________________________________________________

i dont see why there isnt a sub-section for this already. I mean a full blown section would be hasty considering the converstaion is pretty much limitied to this topic but fullmetal alchemist kicks ass in its many forms.

QFT.
We could have a FMA theater (for the anime and movies) and an FMA discussion and prediction and FMA tsuuken (laboratory). :sigh, The only thing we need is more translators.

yeste
August 13, 2006, 03:18 PM
OMG NO WAI!!!

Umeko emailed me back and said she was fine with me using her scnas on the site as long as I gave the proper credit to her. IT WORKED!!! Score 1 for us.

See what happenes when you fight a good cause!!!! Congrats on this gk!!!

LadyHatake
August 13, 2006, 04:54 PM
OMG NO WAI!!!

Congrats, Glasskatana! All your hard work is paying off ^^
Once I catch up on FMA, I'll be reading ZOMGFTA's scans ^^

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
YES! Now we have our own section. Time to get things started.

So, this thread has now officially become the mega convo. You can discuss anything FMA related here except the latest chapters. To do that, you can go the latest chapter discussion thread. :amuse

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the FMA manga section. Here you can discuss just about anything from the manga FullMetal alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa.

In this section you can offer FullMetal alchemist Scanlations, RAW's, and/or translations. You can discuss and predict all you want, and if you want to start a thread about just about anything FMA related, you can do that too. Character battles, theories, and questions are all welcome here.

There is now an anime mega convo so you can talk your hearts out there. If you want to start a specific thread about the anime you can, but try to tell people that you are in your thread.

For instance the topic
'Will Ed ever get back?' at one point could have worked for both the anime and the manga. So it would be better to say something like 'Will Ed ever get back? (anime)'.

If you have any other questions you can always PM me or visit me in the Who's Glasskatana Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7426.new#new).

Enjoy, FMA FTW!!! :amuse

Also, you can always find the latest FMA chapter goodies in the download and release section of the forum. What the hell, I'll give you a link. http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=168.0

eni
August 13, 2006, 06:25 PM

YES! Now we have our own section. Time to get things started.
Wow, so fast. Congrats! :D

yeste
August 13, 2006, 06:52 PM
Hey glasskatana, you OK??? You look kind of well GREEN!!!

He,he,he… Congrats again for pulling this of, never thought you’d get Umekos blessings… Still I hope you’ll get more translators and scanlators involved in this, so maybe we’ll get HQ’s ??? I’ll do what I can to get this place some popularity!!! :smile-big

… just wondering??? Will the Zomgfta releases be included in the RAW/Trans/Scans Announcements in the header???... :notrust

glasskatana
August 13, 2006, 06:56 PM
Hey glasskatana, you OK??? You look kind of well GREEN!!!

He,he,he… Congrats again for pulling this of, never thought you’d get Umekos blessings… Still I hope you’ll get more translators and scanlators involved in this, so maybe we’ll get HQ’s ??? I’ll do what I can to get this place some popularity!!! :smile-big

… just wondering??? Will the Zomgfta releases be included in the RAW/Trans/Scans Announcements in the header???... :notrust

I have no control over the RTS threads. You'll have to ask Hermie or Khal about that one.

glasskatana
August 14, 2006, 01:41 PM
yeah, hopefully I can find at least 1 translator and we can start our own scanlations as well. I can't believe I can't even find one. Actually, I'm hoping come thursday, all the translators who like to find the RAWs will realize I've PMed them and PM me back. One of them has to say yes right? RIGHT?

eni
August 14, 2006, 03:32 PM
One of them has to say yes right? RIGHT?

I don't know, but i wish you luck :)

yeste
August 19, 2006, 07:01 PM
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2773/vengtr0.jpg

Huh, am I getting better at all... :noworry

glasskatana
August 19, 2006, 07:37 PM
NICE cleaning job Yeste. Marcoh could use a little more work. For some reason he looks a bit strange. Maybe it's the blotches of blood on his clothes. They look like they weren't originally there. Envy is absolutely perfect though as are all the surrounding areas. You're definitely doing much better. Great work. :thumbs

You know, I got an offer from a scanlation crew that would like to do this. But they only got something like 3 or 4 cleaners, so they were thinking they might have to join up with other people. Maybe you can work with them. :D

ibra87
September 03, 2006, 12:49 PM
I was just wondering why you guys haven't made any post with information that might help people. For example: "When does the story of the manga and anime diverge?" "Who is the author of FMA manga?" etc.

I am saying this because I had a hard time knowing where to start from if I had seen the anime before (yeah I know, some stuff may differ from anime to manga, but I am too lazy to read the beginning).

rykarreolacr
September 09, 2006, 04:00 AM
Hey glasskatana!!! Guess what? I finally read all FMA!!! Did it in 3 days... Yep, all up to chapter 62... I'm so tired... But it was soooo good. The Ishval war!!!!! Great, just great. We'll finally be able to discuss it!!!!

glasskatana
September 09, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hey glasskatana!!! Guess what? I finally read all FMA!!! Did it in 3 days... Yep, all up to chapter 62... I'm so tired... But it was soooo good. The Ishval war!!!!! Great, just great. We'll finally be able to discuss it!!!!

YAY!!! :dance
And just in time too (only about 2 days until chapter 63.)

ibra87
September 09, 2006, 11:33 AM
To read the first chapters (i started from 24) was really hard. Seriously. But all of a sudden the chapters began becoming shorter and shorter xD It took me one day to finish them all. xD I am glad FMA is unlike Berserk, long for a chapter.

glasskatana
September 09, 2006, 12:09 PM
To read the first chapters (i started from 24) was really hard. Seriously. But all of a sudden the chapters began becoming shorter and shorter xD It took me one day to finish them all. xD I am glad FMA is unlike Berserk, long for a chapter.

Well now that you've read from chapter 24 on, I advise you read 1-24. Please. Pretty Please.

ibra87
September 09, 2006, 12:25 PM
that's my plan :O Right after I finish Hellsing.

Believe
September 09, 2006, 12:35 PM
I read all of FMA in one day >_>.

I had a lot of free time that day :).

SakuraChi-chi
September 24, 2006, 02:11 AM
cool signature u've got there Nightmare(cooooool.....)(:)

Believe
September 24, 2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks I made it myself this saturday.

Took me about 30 minutes :D.

If you want to find some amazing character renders.

Check out

gamerenders.com

They have tons of hi-qual pics to go with signatures :D>

and thanks for the compliments!

:).

bigank
September 30, 2006, 01:28 PM
my friend told FMA was good, so i thought why not i will read 1 or 2 chapters?
wow, it was great, i have read 1-53, planning to read all of them

glasskatana
September 30, 2006, 03:31 PM
my friend told FMA was good, so i thought why not i will read 1 or 2 chapters?
wow, it was great, i have read 1-53, planning to read all of them

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :D

glasskatana
October 03, 2006, 07:55 PM
well, hosting the name of the mangaka doesn't exactly deserve an entire thread, but I will mention it in the welcome to the FMA thread. Also, posting a when does the anime diverge from the manga would be a good thread...if it didn't actually diverge right in the first volume. There are minor differences, even in the second volume that affect the story (such as Scar kills the life-binding alchemist in the manga but in the anime he isn't killed and ends up playing a huge part as a self-made chimera with an upside-down head.) So, really it diverges in the very beginning. I will make a FMA (anime) mega convo for those of you who have only watched the anime.

(for your info, the mangaka is Hiromu Arakawa) :amuse

merged with the mega convo ~G[br]Posted on: September 03, 2006, 12:27:10 PM_________________________________________________OMG, great AMV. Thank katy for finding it. :glomp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNLDqj2Gk4[br]Posted on: September 29, 2006, 06:26:41 PM_________________________________________________GAH! zomgfta has transformed into some kind of ytmnd. What's HAPPENING???

Taikoubou
October 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
こんにちわみなさん! I'm sort of new to the boards, but I thought I would throw my experience with 鋼の錬金術市. I was living in Japan when the show was still on TV the first time, as well as when it was in the movie was in the theaters. (I got to see it in Shinjuku ^^) I own the series entirely in Japanese up until the end of volume 14, so if anyone has any questions please let me know ^^ I also have a large amount of FMA merchandise (Got over 2k$ of it through US customes coming to America the last time). So let me know if you need any information on the culture in Japan that surrounds FMA. I'd be happy to help ^^ (or if there are any more Kanji reading questions like one the Viz edit posts).  よろしくお願いします!

Allashandra
December 19, 2006, 01:01 PM
こんにちわみなさん! I'm sort of new to the boards, but I thought I would throw my experience with 鋼の錬金術市. I was living in Japan when the show was still on TV the first time, as well as when it was in the movie was in the theaters. (I got to see it in Shinjuku ^^) I own the series entirely in Japanese up until the end of volume 14, so if anyone has any questions please let me know ^^

Welcome to the boards! New FMA fans are always welcome here. I'm sure there are lot of people who envy the fact that you lived in Japan during that time.

sreee
March 12, 2007, 02:50 PM
Off Topic... Where can i download FMA scanlations from the starting episodes

ahfei
May 24, 2007, 07:07 PM
I had watch the 51 episode and should i read the manga here?

Nami
May 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
Hmm...actually the anime and the manga are really different.
I think somewhere in the middle of the anime, the plot has went in another direction different from the manga.

But seriously, both are nice. You should try reading the manga too when you have the time ;)

jey413
September 14, 2007, 11:39 AM
Er.. I have a question
Where can I upload FMA fanarts?
I tried to upload on "Image Gallery" but it keeps showing error messages.
and on "Arts & Stories", I think I have to upload only mangaka's drawings.
I have some difficulties who to ask.. and I decided to reply to this thread.

kyuubifrique
December 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
i started the anime craze earlier this year with Naruto, got hooked on Bleach, and I am now into FMA. Lovin' the site, Lovin' the series

eni
July 07, 2008, 04:13 AM
Ok, this thread got a little mixed upped since I merge some others into this >.>

Let's restart the FMA Hangout! :luv

eni
March 09, 2009, 08:09 AM
Because we got the Theater&Arcade board now, I took the chance and revamped the prefixes as well as some thread titles. All anime related threads got moved to the FMA Theater section ^^

adbanginwar
March 23, 2009, 05:02 AM
i was a huge fan of FMA anime. that time i didnt knew the manga existed. When i heard that we have manga and too with different storyline boy was i excited or what... read entire 92 chapters in 1.5 days.
i read it online on onemanga... can anyone give me links to download all HQ 93 chapters.

eni
March 23, 2009, 06:55 AM
There's no HQ group doing FMA anymore since over a year already and before TMI there was a long lack of good releases as well.

Maybe someone can help listing the chapters available in high quality. I'm pretty sure that I don't have them all myself. It's such a mess with all the groups :s

adbanginwar
March 25, 2009, 10:04 AM
There's no HQ group doing FMA anymore since over a year already and before TMI there was a long lack of good releases as well.

Maybe someone can help listing the chapters available in high quality. I'm pretty sure that I don't have them all myself. It's such a mess with all the groups :s

ohh... :(... in that case, any quality would do. please upload it somewhere and gimme the link. i would really appreciate it. i'll keep on hunting too. if i come across some then will surely post it.

JustMax
September 07, 2009, 09:17 AM
You know what thought crossed my mind? Scar's brother's body was never found right? He only gave Scar his right arm.
I bet he'll show up someday.

Katz
September 07, 2009, 12:49 PM
Scar's brother died after he gave him the arm, and I doubt he'll show up...that's what makes the fight between him and kimbely even better

JustMax
September 07, 2009, 03:48 PM
Did we see the death at some point, because I can't remember anything about it :o

adbanginwar
September 07, 2009, 10:48 PM
Did we see the death at some point, because I can't remember anything about it :o

i guess it was shown when Riza was narrating Ishbal story to Ed.
It was when crimson alchemist attacked the group of people having scar and his brother.

JustMax
September 08, 2009, 06:44 AM
But Scar's bro gave him the arm after the explosion. When the alchemist was long gone already.

Katz
September 08, 2009, 10:14 AM
Kimbley may have left the scene but that doesn't change the fact that Scar's brother is dead, thats the main focal point on his revenge against state alchemist, if his brother just showed up one issue and told Scar everything that he's done is pointless.....then Scar as a character would be pointess in my eyes, atleast until the later chapters where he's more of an ally to the Elric's.

meow79
September 08, 2009, 10:44 AM
i think he may have opened the gate of truth too

JustMax
September 08, 2009, 11:32 AM
Kimbley may have left the scene but that doesn't change the fact that Scar's brother is dead, thats the main focal point on his revenge against state alchemist, if his brother just showed up one issue and told Scar everything that he's done is pointless.....then Scar as a character would be pointess in my eyes, atleast until the later chapters where he's more of an ally to the Elric's.

But Ed and Al's quest was pointless from the very beginning when they thought they killed their mom, but it was revealed that it wasn't even their mom.
Sorry but I don't agree with you. If I don't see a body/death scene of a fairly well-known character, I'm not convinced he or she is dead.

Morlun
September 08, 2009, 12:55 PM
But Ed and Al's quest was pointless from the very beginning when they thought they killed their mom, but it was revealed that it wasn't even their mom.

Their quest isn't pointless, because it was never dependent on whether they had brought back their mom, someone else's mom, or even a chinese poodle.

Their quest is about "getting back what my brother lost". Above all, Ed wants to get Al's body back. Above all, Al wants to get Ed's limbs back.

That will only be pointless if we are told, point blank, that it is impossible.

JustMax
September 08, 2009, 04:54 PM
Their quest isn't pointless, because it was never dependent on whether they had brought back their mom, someone else's mom, or even a chinese poodle.

Their quest is about "getting back what my brother lost". Above all, Ed wants to get Al's body back. Above all, Al wants to get Ed's limbs back.

That will only be pointless if we are told, point blank, that it is impossible.

I should have worded it better. I meant that their whole reason to doing anything was because of what happened, but in reference to the other person's post about the thing that "drives" Scar was pretty similar to what drove the Elric brothers to their quest and to the thing that happened.

Anyway that's not my main point, I'm still rooting for Scar's brother being alive because we didn't get a death scene nor did we see a body. Also anyone watching the new FMA anime at the same time can clearly see that the brother could have made it out alive after the transplant. What's more, who brought Scar to the Rockbells? Was he found? What about his brother's body?
Though if this thing doesn't get answered by the end of the series I'll just have to admit that Scar's bro died/MIA.

One more question, who did Scar give the book to? I can't seem to remember... Was it Marcoh?

Katz
September 08, 2009, 06:16 PM
OK, If Scar's brother is still alive, and was capable of living through kimbley's attack, why would he sacrifice his arm to Scar?, he wanted him to get revenge, if he could do it himself why is it Scar we see in the manga pages and not his brother.....did they even give his brother a name at all?

And this is getting rather off-topic for the upcoming chapter so this is the last post I'll make on this subject until we get a "Scar devoted chapter"

ReyZaBurrel
September 08, 2009, 08:27 PM
I should have worded it better. I meant that their whole reason to doing anything was because of what happened, but in reference to the other person's post about the thing that "drives" Scar was pretty similar to what drove the Elric brothers to their quest and to the thing that happened.

Anyway that's not my main point, I'm still rooting for Scar's brother being alive because we didn't get a death scene nor did we see a body. Also anyone watching the new FMA anime at the same time can clearly see that the brother could have made it out alive after the transplant. What's more, who brought Scar to the Rockbells? Was he found? What about his brother's body?
Though if this thing doesn't get answered by the end of the series I'll just have to admit that Scar's bro died/MIA.

One more question, who did Scar give the book to? I can't seem to remember... Was it Marcoh?

If you are talking about the black book with his brothers research, then he hid it in the north and Scar asks Marcoh and Mei-chan to retrieve/decipher it.

Aphalite
September 08, 2009, 08:45 PM
Scar's brother is dead, he said specifically: He is going to bleed to death if I don't give him my arm, translation: I'm giving him my arm so I will now bleed to death

Use comprehension, if anything this manga has a lot of hidden meanings and messages, don't expect everything to be spelled out literally, it's a rather mature manga, not one for little kids

Katz
September 09, 2009, 12:16 AM
Scar's brother is dead, he said specifically: He is going to bleed to death if I don't give him my arm, translation: I'm giving him my arm so I will now bleed to death

Use comprehension, if anything this manga has a lot of hidden meanings and messages, don't expect everything to be spelled out literally, it's a rather mature manga, not one for little kids

Thank you Aphalite, I seemingly forgot that exchange of words, but that puts this matter to rest

JustMax
September 09, 2009, 09:20 AM

No need for you two to be so defensive/offensive about it just because it gets in the way of your own theory/desire on how the story advances.

"I'm giving him my arm so I will now bleed to death" is just an assumption. As am I only assuming. If you have the right to make baseless assumptions then why am I not allowed?
And no it really didn't put it to rest. Brother's do stuff like that for each other. A person doesn't necessarily die if he loses an arm especially if he does it controlled.

"Use comprehension..." Again why with the offensive attitude? If there's something I've learned from manga is that without seeing said situations there is always the possibility of stuff like this happening.

So I ask you: Why are you two so offensive about this? Am I somehow invading your privacy/story? If so I'm sorry, but this is life and you have to realise that you can't snuff out people for their way of thinking.
I'm really at a loss why you two take this so to heart...

Katz
September 09, 2009, 05:30 PM
Well your bringing up a pointless character, that has nothing to do with the current chapter or quite a few chapters back as well

IF IF, Scar's brother is ever even hinted at being alive, I'll possibly agree with your argument, but the current chapters have no dealings with Scar's family

Yup. Moved off-topic convo to hangout thread ^^

Askia32
November 05, 2009, 04:54 PM
Seems like the manga is coming to a close probably in the next 10-20 chapters. Well, I guess thats a year or more....but you get what I'm saying.

CBlitz
November 10, 2009, 11:56 PM
I see the manga finishing in the next 6-7 chapters, it needs to be wrapped up before Brotherhood ends

Katz
November 11, 2009, 12:54 AM
Agreed, cause if that happens Brotherhood will get a "true manga ending" but with as well has the anime has preformed I wouldn't mind more "after manga" arc's to keep it going, depending on who's alive who's dead at the end of the manga.

Truefan21
November 13, 2009, 01:58 AM
is this manga a good read?

kkck
November 13, 2009, 02:04 AM
is this manga a good read?

It is one of the better ones around. A lot of development every chapter, cool characters and big consistent plot. Only reason this section of the forum isn't more frequented is that it is a monthly rather than a weekly manga. There also are a lot of chapters released(each is over 45 pages long BTW) and it seems to be reaching an end reasonably soon(by manga standards) so if you start now and read it at a reasonable pace you won't be following for years and years nor have that weekly(or monthly) anxiety we all feel between each chapter(this manga consistently leaves an amount of tension and expectations at the end of each chapter and always delivers). I would recommend it to anyone.

Truefan21
November 13, 2009, 02:41 AM
well thanks
is the anime brotherhood consistent with the manga

kkck
November 13, 2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah, that one was made specifically for that purpose. It is extremely fast paced though, once episodes will usually cover 2 chapters. There will be some very minor changes for the sake of animation or pace though(usually for faster pace). I would recommend the manga over the anime though.

ameya730
November 13, 2009, 09:00 AM
just check out the anime to appreciate the artwork cause they have really done justice to FMA's art

also you will enjoy the musics its is awesome

Newkerzy
May 07, 2010, 09:35 AM
I've been thinking... how many of you love FMAB's art for Olivier?? Out of all the characters, Olivier is my favourite design. Her pink lipstick was an excellent touch. (Hinting that she has a feminine side as well.) I wonder if Arakawa will show it sometime??
[hr]
Here's a random thought... since Arakawa's mangaka avatar is a cow do you guys think she is actually a hot lady?

destiny4ever
May 08, 2010, 02:16 PM
Since the end is so close, I was brainstorming about ways to enjoy the two months left to the fullest…and a crazy idea came to my mind…what about a FMA chat? A chat where fans of this amazing series could gather and talk about FMA and stuff…that would be so much fun. :)

Bugzee
May 20, 2010, 08:14 PM
Since the end is so close, I was brainstorming about ways to enjoy the two months left to the fullest…and a crazy idea came to my mind…what about a FMA chat? A chat where fans of this amazing series could gather and talk about FMA and stuff…that would be so much fun. :)

Doesn't this *FMA Hangout* thread kinda serve that purpose anyway?
Or do you mean a live chat?
We could make a FMA-appreciation thread? :XD

It's ashame that this secton hasn't received the amount of attention/activity it deserves. Arguably, the monthly releases could be the reason for this? There are very few manga's out there *imo* with such an incredible story line like FMA and I'll miss it dearly. :crying

LordHakera
May 29, 2010, 12:17 PM
Any ideas on how many chapters are officially left? Did Ara-sen say something like 2 chapters left or..? Because judging from the story and the last chapter, I think there are 2 chapters left, 3 at most T_T I'm sad and in the same time happy when a great series ends.. I just hope the ending is good unlike some other series (*cough* Hikaru no Go, Slam Dunk *cough*) >.>

LeDuck
May 29, 2010, 12:25 PM
It's already confirmed that the next chapter is going to be the last one, there are some rumors that it is going to be quite long (100 pages+).

LordHakera
May 29, 2010, 02:45 PM
Oh.. I'm having mixed feelings about it... On one hand 100+ pages http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/LOZFAN123/ouran%20host%20club/beelzenef.gif On the other, it'll be over >< At least 100+ should be enough to wrap it all up XD

Newkerzy
September 01, 2010, 04:42 AM
Ahhhh....Ed is the most romantic manga character there is. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2010-08-31/fullmetal-alchemist-quote-wins-marriage-proposal-contest)

LOL!!! I laughed my ass off from reading this & realizing how Arakawa is actually far more romantic than any guy or girl alike. I say the prize should go to Arakawa.;)

saladesu
September 02, 2010, 06:45 AM
That's hilarious! XD For Ed to be all awkward and everything and then now his line become the best words to propose marriage with XD I can kinda imagine the Hagaren otaku in Japan using this on their girlfriends lmao.

Romance was never meant to be at the forefront of Hagaren but good job Arakawa-sensei ^^d

kkck
September 02, 2010, 11:53 PM
What the hell? Lol, how can that be considered a marriage proposal? I was under the impression he was merely finally asking her to be his girlfriend. It's like "Oh, so you will marry me, see ya in a couple of years when I am no longer travelling". If that really was a proposal I have to say it is kinda fail lol.

Zatono
September 04, 2010, 08:54 AM
That line won the contest? Wow, maybe when I'm ready to get engaged I'll use that line xD

kkck
September 07, 2010, 03:16 PM
^Why? Wasn't the line kinda fail in the manga? In the end there she was responding "WTH? LOL? half your life? You awkward weirdo.... errhhh I'll give you all of it ....". Anyways, I don't see how that can be considered a proper marriage proposal.

sir_arles
September 09, 2010, 08:03 AM
Shonen Gangan #10 :
Fullmetal Alchemist :
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/4132854_Hoho_021.jpg (http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4132854/Hoho_021.jpg.html) http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/4132855_Hoho_023.jpg (http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4132855/Hoho_023.jpg.html) http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/4132856_Hoho_024.jpg (http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4132856/Hoho_024.jpg.html)

What's this that Heiji-sama posted?

saladesu
September 09, 2010, 08:29 AM
What's this that Heiji-sama posted?

It's the new gaiden sequel-ish thing :D From this month's Gangan.

Yay, can't wait to see the whole thing ^^ From the looks of it it'll be about Ed, Al and Winry back in Resembool (well that's literally what the words at the side of the second page say, haha). Al's armor arrived from Central :'D The title is "Another journey's end" (chapter 108 was "Journey's end").

<.Haruka.>
September 09, 2010, 11:06 AM
^Would be it like short stories or an omake? I kinda miss armor Al when I saw the pictures but I'm more happier to see Al in his current human body.

saladesu
September 09, 2010, 10:17 PM
It's a gaiden, taking place after the brothers return to Resembool. Well, I can't post the raw since it's not allowed on MH, but here's the translation (http://mangahelpers.com/t/saladesu/releases/24580) ^^

It's a rather short (15 pages) but sweet little story. I wanna hug Al after reading this XD

hokageji
August 21, 2013, 06:22 PM
I have a qusetion about FMA...

why was alphonse's body so skinny when he first found it? if that is true, shouldnt edwards arm also be skinny/destroyed when he got it back?

Zatono
August 21, 2013, 08:26 PM
It was skinny because he was sharing nutrition with Edward. I'm guessing that Ed's arm took priority, since it was him eating, and Al's body second so Ed's arm wasn't as skinny.