PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 310 Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

Xophien
February 08, 2008, 07:16 AM
Chapter 309 is out!! Get your fix HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25515)!!

What will the outcome of this fight be?! Predict away! :D

Zeus-Tails
February 08, 2008, 07:24 AM
Kenpachi is gonna bite Nnoitra to death.

nichendrix
February 08, 2008, 10:11 AM
What I'll really appreciate is to see Yachiru fighting, we never seen her on a fight before, and most tend to think that she is only a fukutaichou because she is like a daughter to Kenpachi, but certainly Yamamoto won't accept her if she isn't strong enough to her rank, and that tiger aura who appeared around her when she released some reiatsu to intimidate the special forces messenger during the fight of Kenpachi and Ichigo always intrigues me. But to see that Kenpachi at least learned the name of his Zanpakutou and learned at least something like Getsuga Tenshou or maybe even a Bankai would be a good catch too.

But as a prediction I say that he'll went a into that crazy uncontrolled reiatsu liberation state with the yellow aura exalting from him like when fighting with Ichigo and start to really enjoy the fighting.

patedecarne
February 08, 2008, 11:19 AM
But as a prediction I say that he'll went a into that crazy uncontrolled reiatsu liberation state with the yellow aura exalting from him like when fighting with Ichigo and start to really enjoy the fighting.

But he's already fighting with this power! the difference is we cannot see the yellow aura, and even fighting with full power, Noitora was able to block Zaraki's sword easily;

Next Chapter I think Kenpachi will somehow get up, even with the huge injury, and I'm totally sure he will show us something new, otherwise, he cannot win this fight, that's the reality, and if it will be lame, I believe Orihime will Heal his injuries, there's no much to do with Zaraki in this terrible state...

hill_mie87
February 08, 2008, 11:20 AM
haha, this seems like a perfect time for kenpachi to do some ass kicking bankai. yachiru, in my oppinion will not fight. well, maybe she will. But she will easily get owned by noitora. After a while, kenpachi will show his bankai, or at least, show his sword true form. for what ever reason (being sad perhaps, as yachiru is being hurt by noitora as she tries to protect kenpachi). lalala. Random thought again.lol

sloc
February 08, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ken: bankai...
Noi:...
Number 4 Espada Guy: Noi, what is his power level?
Noi: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!

havoc19
February 08, 2008, 12:00 PM
Stark and Lilinette show up, looks at Kenpachi and Nnoitra. Both Shake their head in disgust and Stark says "this is how its done!"

Kenpachi and Nnoitra are both near dead and throw out of Las Noches. Hueco Mundo Arc is over ;).

kigai
February 08, 2008, 01:10 PM
I Would like it if ken just smiled and laughed his ass off then did something totally unexpected like had been holding back his reiatsu. (even tho the eye patch suspose to do that but he might be able to hold a bit back) :D

Bankai would be good to see but then that would make ken another boring shinigami, and to me lose some of his coolness :p

chrisb3
February 08, 2008, 01:27 PM
Kenpachi will take off his Reiatsu eating Thong for a HUGE power boost.

nichendrix
February 08, 2008, 01:57 PM
But he's already fighting with this power! the difference is we cannot see the yellow aura, and even fighting with full power, Noitora was able to block Zaraki's sword easily;

Next Chapter I think Kenpachi will somehow get up, even with the huge injury, and I'm totally sure he will show us something new, otherwise, he cannot win this fight, that's the reality, and if it will be lame, I believe Orihime will Heal his injuries, there's no much to do with Zaraki in this terrible state...

Not exactly, if you take a look at the Soul Society arc, you'll see that there's a difference not only in the drawing (the aura), but in the attitude of Kenpachi when he removed his eye patch, here we barely see this happening in this fight, no crazy freak Ginsu knife butcherer face as before, and when he started to be at that state of "enjoyment of the fight" he sinply get cut and nearly dead. I know Noitra is strong, he usually says that he is the strongest of the Espada, but it's just not the Kenpachi I'm used to, It's like Naruto fighting without using Rasengan or nor being to Kyuubi mode when he becomes angry beyond control.

I really expect Kenpachi to have some "big boom" trick under his sleeves, specially if this trick is a Bankai, it should be the most badass of all bankai we already seen.

JioFreed666
February 08, 2008, 02:46 PM
Tousen Kenpachi rematch is my prediction for after this fight
but as for 310: Kenpachi getting up laughing because he knows that restraint isn't the name of the game and gose all out and actually calls out his Zanpakuto's name

Oh yeah I think that Kenpachi's eyepatch works on an over time effect with him possibly wearing it for years is what caused that huge Reitsu that came shooting out of him in the Ichigo fight. but in this fight it has only made him stronger and alittle faster meaning the eyepatch is not asorbing as much as it was before the Ichigo fight

Aizen:Gin what's the number of spirts in K-town
Gin: IT"S OVER 90000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eddy26
February 08, 2008, 03:23 PM
I find it interesting that he said he hadn't felt that kind of a reiatsu for a very long time. Does that mean he's felt reiatsu like that before? Maybe when he killed the 11th squad captain he fought someone with reiatsu as strong as Nnoitra. Well in this next chapter his sword will speak to him probably telling him see you do need me. You can't win every battle just by yourself let me show you my true strength and then he'll get some new move. If that doesn't happen I hope Unohana finally comes out to fight. If someone can heal Kenpachi's wound it is her. It would be fitting if she killed Nnoitra because of the way he feels about women that they aren't stronger than men.

someguy0830
February 08, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm hoping his zanpakuto decides to drag him into its world and chew him out for losing.

YJiang
February 08, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm hoping for Unohana vs. Noitora.

I really want to see her own someone.

VaizardNL
February 08, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'm also guessing/hoping that Kenpachi has finally learned his zanpaktou's name and that he will show some superior asskicking :D. As someone stated before, i also don't hope that he has learned bankai. That would really bring his coolness "lvl" down by a lot. Even though he still remains one of the most awesome characters if not the most in bleach :)

Narosian
February 08, 2008, 04:28 PM
I want to see unohana own someone too, except for yammi. I think the Kenpachi vs Nnoitra fight can only continue in two ways, either someone shows up to save ken, or his Zanpakutou shows up and helps him. If Ken actually dies and stays dead I would be very surprised.

Tsukisama
February 08, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hopefully next chapter Zaraki will rise and show the power of his shikai.

As for Unohana, it would be nice to see her engage in a fight, but I doubt that we will this arc.

Kanzen Shinkiro
February 08, 2008, 04:55 PM
Kenpachi Zaraki will reveal his zanpakuto's name, and release it also. In the wake of Kenpachi's shikai, Nnoitra will be obliterated with a few swift strikes of Kenpachi's blade.

MAITREYA
February 08, 2008, 05:28 PM
I really think that at least in one battle, it should end differently...

Otherwise it will be just as much as an "original" storyline as the three Privadron Espada fights where it was way over clear about who will win.

Nnoitra, unlike other Espada antagonists, has taken a quite likeable transformation from, and still haven't shown his new special abilities by using it; so I think he's there for stay, at the very least, for a lengthy battle.

I think if Kubo Tite doesn't want to end this ark totally dull, he should make Kenpachi lose this time, while meantime Ichigo is healed enough to try and go on him again on full throttle, just to fail miserably at some new special attack of Nnoitra's. Then, as a surprise, Orihime should have healed Nel back to the state she had before she received that crack in her head, as so far she had been the only one Nnoitra feared in battle, though she's a goat, and should beat him up in a pretty fair battle. Unless some vizard arrives to save her, and another one, and then another one... er, where was I? XD

One Bad Mo Fo
February 08, 2008, 05:39 PM
Finally, the next chapter will put an end to all the stupid debate and fact-fabrication.
either he;
A) will reveal his Shikai
B) is already at Shikai, and will use his swords Shikai ability
C) is already at Shikai, and will release his Bankai
I personally suspect B, though I would like to see C just because of the continuity of power between the different characters. Narratively speaking I think Kenpachi beating an Espada with only a Shikai does more to make them look weak when they've been billed as this hugely powerful threat than it serves to make Kenpachi look stupidly strong. But irregardless I'll be glad to never have to listen to someone talk about whether or not Kenpachi has Shikai and try to back it up with things they just pulled out of their @$$ ever again.

KyanWan
February 08, 2008, 05:58 PM
Finally, the next chapter will put an end to all the stupid
B) is already at Shikai, and will use his swords Shikai ability

B sounds more likely.

Though, it would be nice to see that blade change.

Plus, would be nice to see *what* the form of his blade is as well ( By that: Zangetsu - old guy ; Haineko - cat ; Hyonimaru - dragon ; Zabimaru - baboon ; Zaraki's blade: ???)

Definitely - going to be something revolving about death.

LOL - maybe a vulture. :P

Vultures rock.

nichendrix
February 08, 2008, 06:10 PM
B sounds more likely.

Plus, would be nice to see *what* the form of his blade is as well ( By that: Zangetsu - old guy ; Haineko - cat ; Hyonimaru - dragon ; Zabimaru - baboon ; Zaraki's blade: ???)

Vultures rock.

What chapter shows that Haineko is a cat?? Or is it only deduction by the name?

Narosian
February 08, 2008, 06:14 PM
B sounds more likely.

Vultures rock.

a wolf might be interesting as well.

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 06:21 PM
Just read the chapter, it was good, I liked Nnoi's release even though it's a bit wierd, but he is an arrancar. I predict we see Ken breathing heavily next chapter, and thinking over the past about how bad he wanted to get stronger. Nnoi will most likely see Ken still breathing and go over to strike the final blow, during that course of events we will likely see the flashbacks of Ken training with his sword, and the chapter will end with Ken smiling while Nnoi's attacks comes at him. :)

Silhouette
February 08, 2008, 06:40 PM
Just read the chapter, it was good, I liked Nnoi's release even though it's a bit wierd, but he is an arrancar. I predict we see Ken breathing heavily next chapter, and thinking over the past about how bad he wanted to get stronger. Nnoi will most likely see Ken still breathing and go over to strike the final blow, during that course of events we will likely see the flashbacks of Ken training with his sword, and the chapter will end with Ken smiling while Nnoi's attacks comes at him. :)

That would be a nice way of showing it, I personally prefer it if Nnoitra loses interest in Zaraki thinking he is dead already and heads towards Ichi and co only to find Zaraki rising up and saying "where the hell you think you're going?". If Kenpachi's sword materializes, he might be able to stop Ken's bleeding for a short while allowing him to continue fighting with Nnoitra. The captains showed up in HM to show what they have prepared for the winter war and they contacted Urahara so if Byakuya learned flash steps (from Yoruichi?!) then Urahara could have showed Kenpachi how to force his zanpakuto to materialise using his bankai doll.

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 06:59 PM
That would be a nice way of showing it, I personally prefer it if Nnoitra loses interest in Zaraki thinking he is dead already and heads towards Ichi and co only to find Zaraki rising up and saying "where the hell you think you're going?". If Kenpachi's sword materializes, he might be able to stop Ken's bleeding for a short while allowing him to continue fighting with Nnoitra.

That would be so ironic, since that would be the same exact scenario that Ken and Ichigo was in. Ken thinking Ichigo is dead and walking away, OMG that would be just awesome. Like you said then we see a figure and it happens to be the form of his sword asking him the same question that Zangetsu asked Ichigo. I like your scenario much better, I hope it happens that way, that would be just :omg

The captains showed up in HM to show what they have prepared for the winter war and they contacted Urahara so if Byakuya learned flash steps (from Yoruichi?!) then Urahara could have showed Kenpachi how to force his zanpakuto to materialise using his bankai doll.Ya, that could really explain how Ken's got this far, Urahara telling ken that he needs to be stronger and showing his the way to do so. That would be a good flashback plot to show how the captain's got stronger. :omg

arwes
February 08, 2008, 07:36 PM
While it would certainly be neat of Kubo to show us Zaraki's shikai, I'm really thinking that Nel is going to get completely healed by Orihime and finish off Nnoitra. I hope I'm wrong.

nichendrix
February 08, 2008, 07:42 PM
The captains showed up in HM to show what they have prepared for the winter war and they contacted Urahara so if Byakuya learned flash steps (from Yoruichi?!) then Urahara could have showed Kenpachi how to force his zanpakuto to materialise using his bankai doll.

Yoruichi says that his shumpou only lose for hers when she was 2nd Division's Captain.

lilkwarrior
February 08, 2008, 08:01 PM
That would be a nice way of showing it, I personally prefer it if Nnoitra loses interest in Zaraki thinking he is dead already and heads towards Ichi and co only to find Zaraki rising up and saying "where the hell you think you're going?". If Kenpachi's sword materializes, he might be able to stop Ken's bleeding for a short while allowing him to continue fighting with Nnoitra. The captains showed up in HM to show what they have prepared for the winter war and they contacted Urahara so if Byakuya learned flash steps (from Yoruichi?!) then Urahara could have showed Kenpachi how to force his zanpakuto to materialise using his bankai doll.
Byakuya never said he learned new flash steps by Yoruichi for the winter war; Byakuya knew Yourichi for a very, very, very Long time. Yes, he revealed those flash steps this arc, but he could've easily had been taught them before Yoruichi ran away with Hat n Clogs out of Soul Society. I believe Kenpachi is not dead, but it's uncertain what happens next after that. I WISH Nel would battle Nnoitora Released again, but that's not going to happen as she is being healed up by Orihime; I WISH Orihime can "reject" the broken mask, but that's wishful thinking. I WANT Ichigo to battle Nnoitora healed and "cheat" like Nnoitora did to him, but that's out of the question as he is not even being healed from his injuries yet. Hopefully one of my wishes actually became true

Silhouette
February 08, 2008, 10:02 PM
Yoruichi says that his shumpou only lose for hers when she was 2nd Division's Captain.

Byakuya never said he learned new flash steps by Yoruichi for the winter war; Byakuya knew Yourichi for a very, very, very Long time. Yes, he revealed those flash steps this arc, but he could've easily had been taught them before Yoruichi ran away with Hat n Clogs out of Soul Society.

That's why I put it in brackets and with a question mark. It's just speculation.
Yoruichi has her own techniques so why couldn't she has taught Byakuya how to move faster? As far as we know not only has Yoruichi out sped Byakuya back in SS but she was able to wrap up all of his zanpakuto before releasing it. Now we know that the captains had a recent contact with Urahara and Yoruichi is with him, so I am assuming she taught Byakuya how to move faster and maybe Urahara let Kenpachi train with his bankai doll.

Quoting Urahara from when he talked to Isshin :" It will be us (Urahara and Isshin), vizards and SS. foes will become friends to face the upcoming threat".

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 10:14 PM
Yes, he revealed those flash steps this arc, but he could've easily had been taught them before Yoruichi ran away with Hat n Clogs out of Soul Society.

He could have also learned it from Yoruichi after the SS arc, considering he didn't use it during his battle against Ichigo. :)

Wasn't she just the head of the military, I don't remember her being stated as a former captain. :)

nichendrix
February 08, 2008, 10:47 PM
That's why I put it in brackets and with a question mark. It's just speculation.
Yoruichi has her own techniques so why couldn't she has taught Byakuya how to move faster? As far as we know not only has Yoruichi out sped Byakuya back in SS but she was able to wrap up all of his zanpakuto before releasing it. Now we know that the captains had a recent contact with Urahara and Yoruichi is with him, so I am assuming she taught Byakuya how to move faster and maybe Urahara let Kenpachi train with his bankai doll.

Quoting Urahara from when he talked to Isshin :" It will be us (Urahara and Isshin), vizards and SS. foes will become friends to face the upcoming threat".

Yoruichi probably taunt him to use that fast shumpou before she left, if you see the SS arc, she states that his shumpou improved a lot since she was his senpai, and in the beginning of the chase, he even think that he is faster than her, then she says to him to remember why she is called Shunshin Yoruichi (Godess of Flash Yoruichi), and from this point she uses her top speed and let Byakuya behind. And since he consider her as a lower social rank than him and shows that he really despise her because of her betrayal to soul society nobility and to disgrace the familly Shihouin and thus casting it away from SS's nobility.

Byakuya's stile is more to analise her shunpou from that situation and train alone to gain the same power if he realy used some help probably he would have asked to Yamamoto or in the worst possibility asked Soifon to train him, since she is a fellow Captain and have the same obcession to abide the rules as he.
[hr]

Wasn't she just the head of the military, I don't remember her being stated as a former captain. :)

Soifon states that Yoruichi was the commander of the Special Forces of SS. And the 2nd Division is the Special Forces specialized in infiltration and intelligence, and thus it’s commander is the Taichou of 2nd division, also she states that Yoruichi is “her” Capitain, and she took her place and will never betray SS as Yoruichi did. Also when she calls Byakuya as Little Byakuya, he states that she is not his senpai anymore.

AngryChubbs
February 08, 2008, 11:21 PM
i knew that noi's ability was that he could heal or something like that because when nell attacked him with her sword, his wound regenerated and dissapeared and now its even been stated that he is healing.

i think in order for ken to defeat noi, he will have to use a new sword. can anyone say...BANKAI...
i see his sword becoming something like a giant cleaver.

someguy0830
February 08, 2008, 11:38 PM
Without seeing what his shikai is really capable of, bankai is practically a pipe dream. You never know, Yachiru might step in and use her sword. Wouldn't that be fun?

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 11:52 PM
i think in order for ken to defeat noi, he will have to use a new sword. can anyone say...BANKAI...
i see his sword becoming something like a giant cleaver.

Bankai would be a stretch considering the state of Zaraki's zanpak. I think Zaraki will likely reveal his mastered shikai and reveal some attacks, that has pure destructive power. :)

Neuroff
February 09, 2008, 12:11 AM
Soifon states that Yoruichi was the commander of the Special Forces of SS. And the 2nd Division is the Special Forces specialized in infiltration and intelligence, and thus it’s commander is the Taichou of 2nd division, also she states that Yoruichi is “her” Capitain, and she took her place and will never betray SS as Yoruichi did. Also when she calls Byakuya as Little Byakuya, he states that she is not his senpai anymore.
The Special Forces and the 2nd Division are separate. Yoruichi was never a captain.

Tsukisama
February 09, 2008, 12:12 AM

The 2nd division is not the same thing as the special forces division. Each division has various units that have specialized tasks (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/247/), but the actual Special Forces, along with the Kidou Corps, is a separate entity from Gotei 13. Yoruichi was head of the Special Forces division as well as leader of a unit in the 1st division (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/118/08/). Soi Fon has made her mission to take all of Yoruichi's titles and now has surpassed her (titlewise) by becoming a captain in Gotei 13. Yoruichi has never been a captain of Gotei 13.

Byakuya calling Yoruichi senpai has no relation to her ever being a captain.

The Shadow
February 09, 2008, 12:15 AM
I think Kenpachi gets his ass kicked. No shikai or bankai, that would ruin the character. Just when it looks like he's about to die, the Vizards show up and block Noitora's coup de grace. Then they kill Noitora.

Ekartia
February 09, 2008, 01:02 AM
I think Kenpachi gets his ass kicked. No shikai or bankai, that would ruin the character. Just when it looks like he's about to die, the Vizards show up and block Noitora's coup de grace. Then they kill Noitora.

I respectfully disagree. Notice how everything Nnoi said to him in the last chapter was 'your sword' this and 'your sword' that. He's practically BEGGING for Shikai, Bankai, whatever. Or just for Kenpachi's sword to get up on its own and smack Nnoi in the jimmies for dissing it with every other word.

KyanWan
February 09, 2008, 02:24 AM
What chapter shows that Haineko is a cat?? Or is it only deduction by the name?

*gasp*

I *think* ... when Matsumoto released & and attacked, the dust took a cat's shape.

Damned if I can remember where I saw it ... either in one of the Heat of the Soul titles [PSP] - OR - in the anime.

---

But even if you're guessing:

Growl Haineko

*it's sort of obvious too.*

I respectfully disagree. Notice how everything Nnoi said to him in the last chapter was 'your sword' this and 'your sword' that. He's practically BEGGING for Shikai, Bankai, whatever. Or just for Kenpachi's sword to get up on its own and smack Nnoi in the jimmies for dissing it with every other word.

Whatever's in that sword is going to be rubbing it in his face a bit - maybe - unless it's going to be thrilled about Zaraki FINALLY knowing its name ( like Yachiru - YAY! ) - and appreciating it as a partner in battle. :pwned

You know, maybe, just maybe - if there is a change, it'll go from being a beat up thing - to a sharp-ass new-looking version of itself. o.O

nichendrix
February 09, 2008, 02:53 AM
*gasp*

I *think* ... when Matsumoto released & and attacked, the dust took a cat's shape.

Damned if I can remember where I saw it ... either in one of the Heat of the Soul titles [PSP] - OR - in the anime.

---

But even if you're guessing:

Growl Haineko

*it's sort of obvious too.*

I know it's obvious it's why I said if it's really shown of if it’s only because of the name, and I asked because I don't remember of seeing the dust of Haineko taking a cat's shape in the Manga nor in the anime. Maybe it's something from a game, but I never played them.

Fenix-Chan
February 09, 2008, 05:44 AM
Yoruichi probably taunt him to use that fast shumpou before she left, if you see the SS arc, she states that his shumpou improved a lot since she was his senpai, and in the beginning of the chase, he even think that he is faster than her, then she says to him to remember why she is called Shunshin Yoruichi (Godess of Flash Yoruichi), and from this point she uses her top speed and let Byakuya behind. And since he consider her as a lower social rank than him and shows that he really despise her because of her betrayal to soul society nobility and to disgrace the familly Shihouin and thus casting it away from SS's nobility.

Byakuya's stile is more to analise her shunpou from that situation and train alone to gain the same power if he realy used some help probably he would have asked to Yamamoto or in the worst possibility asked Soifon to train him, since she is a fellow Captain and have the same obcession to abide the rules as he.
<hr noshade size="1">

Sure you may be right about byakuya style being more of an analyzer during battle to understand how his oppenent moves and fights as he's done everytime...

BUT... what does he say here (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/299/18/) at the end

Travis
February 09, 2008, 05:48 AM
I'm thinking we might see Kenpachi take Noitora's eye out and see him panic and everything like that chick in Kill Bill. That would be kind of funny.

rai-chu
February 09, 2008, 06:29 AM
Possible: Maybe Kenpachi will enjoy the moment that he is fighting with Nnoitora, As for Nnoitora he would be serious as a serious arrancar lol.

Just hope to see a fight to the death.

Tendou88
February 09, 2008, 07:40 AM
what if kenpachi goes hollow mask

ichigo: what the ....

sythwon
February 09, 2008, 09:30 AM
ken's more likely to have bankai than have a hollow mask. what if ichigo lets ken borrow his mask? lol

the big fella going "b" shouldn't be a letdown. not unless it's as small as suzubemachi :)
besides, it's apparent that he needs a power boost to take down nnoi. we all know that ken can take massive hits... so him being down at the end of last chap shouldn't be a reason to panic.

next chap will just go with the flow. don't expect anyone to crash in and join the fray. it's nnoi vs ken and that's how it's gonna be til there's only one man standing left. zaraki's squad's philosophy is one-on-one fighting. ken will be pissed if some SS dude or ally decides to get some screen time and rescue him. yessir!

wild theory: the bells hanging on zaraki's hair are also "seals"... then he takes them all off! :p ('course that aint happenin)

that1kid
February 09, 2008, 01:17 PM
As far as Ken having a vaizard mask I severly doubt it but I like the idea that some of the shinigami actually undergo some faizard training. Come on vaizard Kenpachi, and Vaizard Ikaku would be the best ever.

But back to buisness here's how I see this playin out. Remember back in the SS arc when Ichigo and Kenpachi fought. Zangetsu said that he could hear Kenpachi's sword screaming out. Well I think it will play out like this. Ken enters into his swords world or the his sword materilizes and is like I wanna cut him, let me cut him and is like screaming at ken. Ken slowly gets back up and is like allright and has a big smile on his face, at the same time noi decides to attack and then ken releases his shikai and pwns noi with it. Personally I like the idea of Kens shikai form being a sycthe as well.

nichendrix
February 09, 2008, 02:00 PM
Sure you may be right about byakuya style being more of an analyzer during battle to understand how his oppenent moves and fights as he's done everytime...

BUT... what does he say here (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/299/18/) at the end

I don't know if you've noticed, but Yoruichi was Byakuya's teacher before she left SS, at least on the subject of Shumpou Techniques, just like she taunt Soifon nearly everything she knows, both he and her states it at the SS arc, and Byakuya even think that since Yoruichi is away from combat for more tham 100 years, he could beat her Shumpou with his own, and she she asks him why she is called Shunshin Yoruichi, and shows that her Shumpou is still superior to his. And due to the way he despises to use her techniques, when fighting 7th Espada, it's possibly and I dare to say probably that he learned that technique when Yoruichi was still commander of the Special Forces, before she lost here noble status, witch is the reason he seems to despise her so much.

No Quarter
February 09, 2008, 02:52 PM
My prediction for the next chapter is that it will be mainly a Kenpachi flashback/subconscious chapter. Kenpachi might be out temporarily and will have a flashback / inner dialog in which he discusses the fact that he wants to get stronger and the only way to do this is to find out his swords name. This will mirror Ichigos' fight with Ken and will be a nice reminder and analogy to that chapter. And at the end of the chapter we will return to reality and as Noitra is about to leave / kill Ken the beast will rise with renewed ferocity and an even greater reiatsu. And then the chapter after that will show Ken finally owning Noitra.

Zeus-Tails
February 09, 2008, 02:58 PM
What is Yachiru doing? They haven't shown her since Kenpachi arrived? I'm surprised she's not running up to Nnoitra saying "You fight well! Ken-chan is happy! I'm glad"

nichendrix
February 09, 2008, 03:57 PM
What is Yachiru doing? They haven't shown her since Kenpachi arrived? I'm surprised she's not running up to Nnoitra saying "You fight well! Ken-chan is happy! I'm glad"

I'm guessing it too, but she never iinterrupted his fights before, so she is probably playing with Orihime and Nell.

someguy0830
February 09, 2008, 04:20 PM
If she were there, we'd have seen her by now. She's probably tormenting one of those poor arrancar servants.

TheChosenOne
February 09, 2008, 04:36 PM
She most likely trying to give people nicknames, and bite their heads. I think the way this chapter ended is so that Ken can defy death and win with his mastered shikai. This fight is basically a edited version of the Ichigo vs Ken fight. Just like Ichigo was bleeding to death, and his zanpak saved him, I think Ken's zanpak is likely to do the same. :)

Zeus-Tails
February 09, 2008, 04:56 PM
It would be funny to see Yachiru poking Tesla's dead body or maybe she's chasing the Exequias squad.

What I would like to see is Nnoitra threaten Yachiru which makes Kenpachi go apesh*t. It seems Yachiru is the one person he truly cares for so I'm assuming if anything happened to her, he would savagely murder the person who hurt her.

Hollow Kurono
February 09, 2008, 05:11 PM
I can only see Kenpachi gettin beaten up for a good half of a chapter,then sayin something totaly unexpected and then he shows us something new,thats what i predict,but damn Nois release is realy impresive,i though hell be something like a spider,well hes something like that with two extra arms.

If only Ken hadnt killed Tesla,Yachiru would probably be fightin him.I realy do want to see her fight,but more then that i want her to be alongside Nel and make fun of other people.

Tsukisama
February 09, 2008, 06:00 PM
I can only see Kenpachi gettin beaten up for a good half of a chapter,then sayin something totaly unexpected and then he shows us something new,thats what i predict,but damn Nois release is realy impresive,i though hell be something like a spider,well hes something like that with two extra arms.

If only Ken hadnt killed Tesla,Yachiru would probably be fightin him.I realy do want to see her fight,but more then that i want her to be alongside Nel and make fun of other people.

I think it is meant to be more like a mantis. Yachiru displaying her abilities would be nice, and perhaps she may still do it if they are lucky enough to run into another (likely substantially less important) enemy before leaving HM. If Nel is still a child, then Yachiru and Nel becoming chummy would be awesome and very amusing. :hbunny

One Bad Mo Fo
February 09, 2008, 06:02 PM
what if kenpachi goes hollow mask

ichigo: what the ....

you know, I could almost see that. it'd be a practical explanation as to why his spiritual force is so high, but naw. that seems just way to. . . you know, out there

Super Angillis
February 09, 2008, 06:05 PM
Praying Mantis. Extra arms a Scythe like blades.

Anyways Didn't Kubo at some point say he wanted to go into Kenpachi's past, and reveal Yachiru's namesake? This seems like the perfect opportunity. I can see Ken having his flashback, and then meeting his sword to learn it's name. I hope he gets up right in time to save Yachiru from Noi, and then unloads a world of hurt.

Here's a thought for the form of Ken's Bankai. Chainsword.

Tsukisama
February 09, 2008, 06:31 PM
Praying Mantis. Extra arms a Scythe like blades.

Anyways Didn't Kubo at some point say he wanted to go into Kenpachi's past, and reveal Yachiru's namesake? This seems like the perfect opportunity. I can see Ken having his flashback, and then meeting his sword to learn it's name. I hope he gets up right in time to save Yachiru from Noi, and then unloads a world of hurt.

Here's a thought for the form of Ken's Bankai. Chainsword.

http://nekosaiko.deviantart.com/journal/16048139/

In that blog, it does mention something about a gaiden in which he will explore the backstory of one or more characters. Kenpachi is a clear candidate for such an undertaking.

Vizard5
February 09, 2008, 07:40 PM
i miss zangetsu, and shirosaki.. and the time when ichigo could fight his own fights..
i predict that neigher of the persons will be seen anytime soon, and that from now on ichigo wil only stand on the sideline screaming the name of the figher he's cheering on..

Narosian
February 09, 2008, 08:31 PM
http://nekosaiko.deviantart.com/journal/16048139/

In that blog, it does mention something about a gaiden in which he will explore the backstory of one or more characters. Kenpachi is a clear candidate for such an undertaking.

that arc is supposed to last for 2 months, so one would hope at least that there would be several characters explored in it.

someguy0830
February 09, 2008, 09:53 PM
8 or 9 chapters would be pretty sparse for more than one character, unless you have shared pasts (i.e. Kenpachi/Yachiru or Gin/Matsumoto).

i miss zangetsu, and shirosaki.. and the time when ichigo could fight his own fights..
i predict that neigher of the persons will be seen anytime soon, and that from now on ichigo wil only stand on the sideline screaming the name of the figher he's cheering on..How wonderfully pessimistic.

KyanWan
February 09, 2008, 10:45 PM
i predict that neigher of the persons will be seen anytime soon, and that from now on ichigo wil only stand on the sideline screaming the name of the figher he's cheering on..

The whole HM arc - seems like it's taking Ichigo - and turning him into a *true* shinigami rather than just an ally.

The way it's starting to build - reminds me of another series ... Rurouni Kenshin - where it just kept on building, and building, and building to Kyoto & Shishio - then ... well,

if you know the series, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I think HM is Bleach's Kyoto.

:(

We'll see just how genius Kubo is once he resolves HM.

( Now how's THAT for looking ahead - WAY ahead. )

hyn_pride93
February 09, 2008, 10:55 PM
Ichigo will probably not be in a fight for a little while. because of the current fight that is starting to confuse many people. Ichigo will have no choice but to wait until Kenpachi is done fighting with Noi or Ulquiorra will attack Ichigo when he is in the middle of being healed. but then when they are in the middle of the fight, all of the shinigami and allies will retreat from Hueco Mundo to ensure their safety and continue trainging. but Orihime will be left behind because Aizen will order someone to take her into custody
[hr]

The whole HM arc - seems like it's taking Ichigo - and turning him into a *true* shinigami rather than just an ally.

The way it's starting to build - reminds me of another series ... Rurouni Kenshin - where it just kept on building, and building, and building to Kyoto & Shishio - then ... well,

if you know the series, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I think HM is Bleach's Kyoto.

:(

We'll see just how genius Kubo is once he resolves HM.

( Now how's THAT for looking ahead - WAY ahead. )

wow ur so smart. hahahaha. i guess u could say that HM is Bleach's Kyoto, in some sense. but if think about it, Ichigo was always a *true* shinigami because of his dad. they labled him as sub shinigami because they didnt know the truth:darn

Fenix-Chan
February 10, 2008, 01:35 AM
I don't know if you've noticed, but Yoruichi was Byakuya's teacher before she left SS, at least on the subject of Shumpou Techniques, just like she taunt Soifon nearly everything she knows, both he and her states it at the SS arc, and Byakuya even think that since Yoruichi is away from combat for more tham 100 years, he could beat her Shumpou with his own, and she she asks him why she is called Shunshin Yoruichi, and shows that her Shumpou is still superior to his. And due to the way he despises to use her techniques, when fighting 7th Espada, it's possibly and I dare to say probably that he learned that technique when Yoruichi was still commander of the Special Forces, before she lost here noble status, witch is the reason he seems to despise her so much.

true she was his teacher but if he learned techniques from her no matter how he hated her had to use them as they are the basis to his fighting style (shumpou) so if he did learn those techniques before and mastered them why not humiliate her when she first appeared to save ichigo on soul society...knowing how byakuya is he loves to show his supremacy over others and if he didn't do anything its because couldn't... because the way that shumpou match he and yoruichi had he was trying to prove he had the fastest....

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 02:04 AM
true she was his teacher but if he learned techniques from her no matter how he hated her had to use them as they are the basis to his fighting style (shumpou) so if he did learn those techniques before and mastered them why not humiliate her when she first appeared to save ichigo on soul society...knowing how byakuya is he loves to show his supremacy over others and if he didn't do anything its because couldn't... because the way that shumpou match he and yoruichi had he was trying to prove he had the fastest....

I wonder who's faster, Yourochi or Ichigo?
It'd be cool to see.

But yeah, Byakuya is a speed fighter. Then his bankai basically gives him speed + power.

I think its kinda sick how Yourochi trained Byakuya so many years ago. I'd love to see some plot development in that area.

honest_hypocrite
February 10, 2008, 02:30 AM
lol. kyoto. I love bleach... alot, but even though the plot structure might be similar, we're talking about the difference between a steak at a 5-star hotel and potted meat. When referring to Kenshin, that is. Kenshin is just in another league. Thats how I feel, anyway. But I wouldn't mind if Ichigo did start slaying men.

Fenix-Chan
February 10, 2008, 04:01 AM
I wonder who's faster, Yourochi or Ichigo?
It'd be cool to see.

But yeah, Byakuya is a speed fighter. Then his bankai basically gives him speed + power.

I think its kinda sick how Yourochi trained Byakuya so many years ago. I'd love to see some plot development in that area.

well yoruichi is known as goddess of flash... so in her time hers were probably as fast as they got... but even she said so herself that shes not as fast as she used to be....so prob ichigo with the hollow mask might do the trick who knows actually...

besides that ive made up my mind... i think kenpachi should get back up but someone other espada shows up and he takes on ken then unohana shows up and takes out nnoitra... man i wish that would happen as it would add to the humiliation on him not liking women in the battlefield or stronger than him... oh yeah and ichigo try to leave but are blocked by ulquiorra

yeah that would be cool to meh... :tem

Decorus
February 10, 2008, 04:14 AM
Ichigo is faster, Byakuya is slightly slower then Yorochi. Byakuya's Bankai does not increase his speed it merely lets him use several more techniques its more of a variable upgrade to his Shikai. From what we have seen Byakuya's basic Bankai just allows him to control the petals of his Shikai's movements with either gestures or telekinesis ie moving them just by thinking about it. Then he has the technique where he concentrates the petals into blades to maximize its killing power and finally he can create that massive energy slice attack.

Ichigo's Bankai just increases his speed to the point where he can attack before Byakuya could even finish blinking.

Ichigo will be fighting Ulquiorra eventually, but I believe Kenpachi will win shortly.

hollowdemon
February 10, 2008, 04:30 AM
most definitely since nnoitra already shown his release its going to be about time that this battle is over and ulquiorra getting out of his whole negacion jail that hes been trapped in. Ill say though if kenpachi doesnt need anything else other than his eyepatch off then its over faster than we think it is so im hoping for ..... GIN !!!! intervention that is :p
but most likely thats not going to happen anytime soon so ... whomp :(

hyn_pride93
February 10, 2008, 04:32 AM
Kenpachi has to win or else he will he will have to take a ton of shit by all the other people. the only person that we have seen beat Ken was Ichigo. then when Ichigo was finished with all of the fighting, Ken went to go fight with him some more. plus, Ken said that he was going to use him to take Noi down. i want him to win the fight already, because it is starting to drag on

Vegetoacs
February 10, 2008, 07:21 AM
I honestly think this fight has at least another 2-3 chapters in it. Kenpachi is one of kubo's favorite characters at the moment, probably because of what he might be able to do with him. He's the most maleable character in the lineup.....He's already been named by kubo as a candiate for a backstorying post HM arc.

This next chapter will likely be an inner world/flashback one. He's either going to be remembering a great deal of things that brought him to this poiint, or we're going to see his avatar. Personally..I think if kubo does show us the avatar...it'll come suddenly towards the end of the chapter after a massive amount of internal dialouge.

I dont think zaraki is just going to laugh this one off and jump up saying LOLZ, fooled you Noitoria....While he seemingly outclassed noitoria's unreleased form without eyepatch...noitoria released is slaughtering him....and rightly so....because noitoria seems to be the closest adjucas arrancar in terms of killing ability to the vastrolorde arrancar....(which are going to be in a whole other league for awesome). As such, it's going to take more than just guts to pull kenpachi through this. He will win, but he will need to show us what his sword is capable of...and even then, it'll not be decisive, but rather close...so kenpachi isnt kept all "god-fighter, 1 hit deus ex machina type thing......

Anyway, here's to early spoilers sometime later this week! :D

Zeus-Tails
February 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
I don't think Ichigo is in Yoruichi's league yet. Slightly faster than Byakuya? Yes, because out-running a person when you have a 150 lb teenager on your shoulder means you're only slightly faster =\

Furthermore, Yoruichi never said she is not as fast as she used to be. She said she's out of shape and that a few flash steps were making her tired. Big difference.

Raizen
February 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
I don't think Ichigo is in Yoruichi's league yet. Slightly faster than Byakuya? Yes, because out-running a person when you have a 150 lb teenager on your shoulder means you're only slightly faster =\

Furthermore, Yoruichi never said she is not as fast as she used to be. She said she's out of shape and that a few flash steps were making her tired. Big difference.
Right on!!
Youruichi is extremely fast, she is the doddes of flash afterall.
I also believe that Soifon is probably up there in the speed department also, taking into consideration her battle w/ youruichi
As for byakuya, I believe his speed has increased tremendously if he was faster than the 7th espada. And he called himself the fastest of the espadas, yet grimjow was able to match ichigo's bankai speed w/o releasing. So I believe byakuya may have gotten faster that ichigo and stronger twoo.

Koen
February 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
Kenpachi will do a bankai and guess what, it looks like his shikai but sometimes your eyes lie and what you see isn't always the same :p

strawhatasif
February 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
Kenpachi will become serious and recover consciousness.

Then, a fair and powerful battle will ensue.

Remember, Zaraki is powerful enough to take on 2 average captains. He withstood Komamura, 7th Squad Captain and Former 9th Squad Captain (Now Commander in Las Noches)...Tousen.

Not only that, but he figured out a way to defeat Tousen in his bankai mode, which is very clever.

As always, Kubo Tite will provide some surprise to this all. ;p

KraGiE
February 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
http://img.bleachexile.com/manga/bleach/114/%5Bmanga-rain%5Dbleach-ch114-12.png

http://img.bleachexile.com/manga/bleach/114/%5Bmanga-rain%5Dbleach-ch114-17.png

I think Yachiru is his swords name.

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 02:20 PM
http://img.bleachexile.com/manga/bleach/114/%5Bmanga-rain%5Dbleach-ch114-12.png

http://img.bleachexile.com/manga/bleach/114/%5Bmanga-rain%5Dbleach-ch114-17.png

I think Yachiru is his swords name.

I think Yachiru is the materialization of his sword. Not just the name.
It fits really well with Kenpachi calling out his swords name, then Yachiru being there saying "lets get stronger together."

honest_hypocrite
February 10, 2008, 03:00 PM
You may be right. Just that one page, after reading it again, makes it seem very convincing. Now THAT would be killer, would it not?

Narosian
February 10, 2008, 03:01 PM
the problem i have with yachiru being the manifestion of ken's zanpakutou is that during the kenpachi vs ichigo fight, yachiru is watching the fight from on top a building and near the end when zangetsu comes http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-113/page008.html
Yachiru is enjoying their fight but zangetsu says that kenpachi's blade is mourning.

It doesnt seem to fit to me that yachiru is ken's manifested zanpakutou, hes never listened to his zanpakutou before, but we know for a fact he has listened to yachiru.

Plus theres also this page
http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-114/page015.html
If she is ken's zanpakutou why would she have been in area 79 before ken arrived there

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
the problem i have with yachiru being the manifestion of ken's zanpakutou is that during the kenpachi vs ichigo fight, yachiru is watching the fight from on top a building and near the end when zangetsu comes http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-113/page008.html
Yachiru is enjoying their fight but zangetsu says that kenpachi's blade is mourning.

It doesnt seem to fit to me that yachiru is ken's manifested zanpakutou, hes never listened to his zanpakutou before, but we know for a fact he has listened to yachiru.

True. Which is why I'm still skeptical about the whole thing. I'm just saying that it'd be cool if Yachiru was his Zanpaktou.

Good point about the mourning thing though.

TheChosenOne
February 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
It would be kinda interesting if Yachiru was in fact the materialization of Ken's sword, but that would be a blow, considering Ken does not know the name of his sword. Ken has never asked for the name, it would kinda stupid to learn that after all these years he had achieved materialization and never knew about it. :)

Megaman84
February 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
Theres a bit i remember also where Yachiru is approached by a a guy in Soul Society to pass a message on and Yachiru tells him to bugger off as she's busy watching Kenpachi fight, and she releases some reiatsu. If she was a zanpaktou manifestation other people would not be able to see her.

Narosian
February 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
Theres a bit i remember also where Yachiru is approached by a a guy in Soul Society to pass a message on and Yachiru tells him to bugger off as she's busy watching Kenpachi fight, and she releases some reiatsu. If she was a zanpaktou manifestation other people would not be able to see her.

it looks like here that renji can see the manifested zangetsu.
http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/chapter-133/page010.html

Tsukisama
February 10, 2008, 04:34 PM
If she was a zanpaktou manifestation other people would not be able to see her.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/133/15/

Apparently, manifestations can be visible to others; however, I still don't think Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakuto spirit.

nichendrix
February 10, 2008, 05:22 PM

Apparently, manifestations can be visible to others; however, I still don't think Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakuto spirit.

When Renji is the 4th Division Prision Zabimaru is at his side talking to him, saying that he is ready to go into Bankai, but no one seems to be capable of seeing it, maybe you can only see the materialization of a Zampakutou during the process to acquire Bankai, when you have to fight with the zampakutou's materialized form.

Other interesting point is that Yachiru’s can be seen by everyone and she also have her own Zampakutou, how she could be a Zampakutou’s materialization and all other Shinigami can not only see her but consider her the Vice-Capitain of 11th Division? Why Ikakku would make wheels for the tip of her Zampakutou’s guard if she is just the spirit of Kenpachi Sword?
[hr]
I would really appreciate is that Kenpachi dies and we discover that Yachiru is not as strong than him and also acquired her Shikai. Imagine the scene:

Kanpachi lies dead on the floor, Yachiro goes to him and starts to call him desperately asking him to do not kid her faking he is dead, them she realizes that he’ll not wake up and she screams the name of her zampakutou, and go with her full power against Nnoitra…

Though nearly impossible to happen would be a very interesting scene.

hyn_pride93
February 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
ok. manefistations are visible and people can do more than just see the manefistation, if they tried they could talk amongst each other. the possibility that Yachiru is the manefistation of Kenz sword, is very slim. what i think that one page was trying to tell us, was that Ken is going to hear the name of the zanpaktou, and what Yachiru was telling him, was that she was going to do the same thing. she was going to listen to the name of her zanpaktou as well.

Kenpachi knows that he needs a power upgrade and Yachiru probably doesnt want to leave her love. if Ken is going to upgrade, then she will do it with him. Manefistations cant give off reiatsu like the way Yachiru did. and when Zangetsu said that Kenz sword was mourning, Yachiru had no look of mourning on her face, but excitment and joy

Suzumushi
February 10, 2008, 07:27 PM

I think Zangetsu is visible because he manifested using Urahara's bankai training device. So we can't know for sure if others can see "real" Zanpakutou manifestations. I doubt it.

hyn_pride93
February 10, 2008, 07:39 PM
omg!! have you guys not watched Bleach on t.v.. Renji manifested his zanpaktou without even using Urahara's dummy thing. Renji summoned it on his using his own powers. Ichigo, Youroichi, AND Zangetsu could see everything. Renji could see Zangetsu also. Youroichi saw all of their manefistations. so the next time you guys debate on whether you can see it or not, the answer will be that you CAN see it!!!!

ultibankai
February 10, 2008, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't it be cool, if Kenpachi got up with a seriously happy smile on his face. Only to say,"it seems I don't have to hold back against you. That's it, no more handicaps." He would then take the bells off his hair so there would be no indication of where he would strike with his speed. And he would blast his reiatsu to the maximum. Officially, badass. Go Kenpachi, kick ass.

Silhouette
February 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
Yachiru is a girl, Zaraki referred to his sword as "this guy", Yachiru can't be the materialization of Zaraki's sword.

AngryChubbs
February 10, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yachiru is a girl, Zaraki referred to his sword as "this guy", Yachiru can't be the materialization of Zaraki's sword.

he has never talked to his sword, how would he know if it was a guy or gal

Silhouette
February 10, 2008, 11:10 PM
he has never talked to his sword, how would he know if it was a guy or gal

We can't be sure about that. Back in SS days Kenpachi referred to his sword as " a nameless sword" but two chapters ago he said" I will use this guy to thank you". That's why it's most likely that Kenpachi did speak to his sword...as a matter of fact he spoke to his zanpakuto after his defeat but his sword didn't talk back and chances are things are different now since it's been a while. Like someone mentioned early in the prediction thread, we might see a flashback showing Zaraki talking to his sword and the chapter ending with Zaraki rising along with his materialized zanpakuto

nichendrix
February 10, 2008, 11:23 PM
I think everyone forget that Yachiru is a Vice-Capitain and reconized as so by everyone, it's almost impossible to the spirit of a zampakutou have an officer rank in SS.

Narosian
February 10, 2008, 11:33 PM
I think everyone forget that Yachiru is a Vice-Capitain and reconized as so by everyone, it's almost impossible to the spirit of a zampakutou have an officer rank in SS.

yeah, i would think that there would be many people in SS especially captain unohana that would be able to tell if she was just a manifestation of a zanpakutou.

nichendrix
February 10, 2008, 11:36 PM
yeah, i would think that there would be many people in SS especially captain unohana that would be able to tell if she was just a manifestation of a zanpakutou.

Also there is yamamoto, the Cpaitains and Vice have to be approved by the Commander of the Gotei 13...

raderack
February 11, 2008, 12:31 AM
For me,he will have a dream..Yachiru will appear on it..and he will understand..get the name,whatever..get up,bankai,slice it..end

KraGiE
February 11, 2008, 06:43 AM
Ok. The spin off from my guesses would be that the blade is morning because Kenpachi hasn't named it yet. Notice how Yachiru said she knew pain because she had no name. If he didn't name her after his favorite person (that person is probably the blade), then his character is to make others become what he wants. Which ultimately is what they want to be.

If you look at Kenpachi and Aizen, they both walk with no fear, and they both have a handful of extremely loyal followers. He may look at his sword and say "Your name is <Chosen Name>", and all hell breaks lose. I doubt we'll see a Bankai so soon though. It'll probably be the other. It'd fit the typical drawn out suspense of the next story line where he gets a major role.

I still think Yachiru is the name or has major significance. Mourning doesn't necessarily mean sad. It means to lament or express sadness of a death. He did say "Yachiru, the name of the only person I cared about" meaning Yachiru is dead. ... hrm. Maybe it's name isn't Yachiru, but it's morning the original Yachiru.

gold349
February 11, 2008, 06:59 AM
Ok. The spin off from my guesses would be that the blade is morning because Kenpachi hasn't named it yet. Notice how Yachiru said she knew pain because she had no name. If he didn't name her after his favorite person (that person is probably the blade), then his character is to make others become what he wants. Which ultimately is what they want to be.

If you look at Kenpachi and Aizen, they both walk with no fear, and they both have a handful of extremely loyal followers. He may look at his sword and say "Your name is <Chosen Name>", and all hell breaks lose. I doubt we'll see a Bankai so soon though. It'll probably be the other. It'd fit the typical drawn out suspense of the next story line where he gets a major role.

I still think Yachiru is the name or has major significance. Mourning doesn't necessarily mean sad. It means to lament or express sadness of a death. He did say "Yachiru, the name of the only person I cared about" meaning Yachiru is dead. ... hrm. Maybe it's name isn't Yachiru, but it's morning the original Yachiru.

Never thought about it that way it could be Yachiru, the name of his sword was always there, telling him, but he was too drunk on his own power that he didn't listen, he used that name because it meant something to him deep down.

Only one thing that still causes doubt in my mind, both having the same name could cause confusion in a fight.

7'lid
February 11, 2008, 08:09 AM
Chapter will most definitely start off with a blurry eyesight and Kenpachi looking up. Then probably he'll remember a past event when he had the same feeling. Find his resolve and find out his swords name & the fight would be back on for another 3 weeks.

drakend
February 11, 2008, 09:13 AM
Next chapter we'll hear "BANKAI!!!!" for sure. :)

D3M1URG3
February 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
I really hope we'll see something interesting out of this battle, because It's slowly degrading into (and Jehuty is going to hate this reference ^_^) a "Power battle". So far It's been one sided towards Kenpachi, then one sided towards Nnoitora and now back to Kenpachi on the receiving end of a beating he can't take. In the words of all geekdom everywhere....

WTF!?

raderack
February 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
Or,we can all get surprised..and ken-chan actually lost the battle,and be rescued by ichigo or any of the vaizards,or by the yachiru.

Suzumushi
February 11, 2008, 10:19 AM
omg!! have you guys not watched Bleach on t.v.. Renji manifested his zanpaktou without even using Urahara's dummy thing. Renji summoned it on his using his own powers. Ichigo, Youroichi, AND Zangetsu could see everything. Renji could see Zangetsu also. Youroichi saw all of their manefistations. so the next time you guys debate on whether you can see it or not, the answer will be that you CAN see it!!!!

Relax your butty, pal! Everyone can be wrong sometimes. No reason to go CAPITAL on us :s

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
It would be kinda interesting if Yachiru was in fact the materialization of Ken's sword, but that would be a blow, considering Ken does not know the name of his sword. Ken has never asked for the name, it would kinda stupid to learn that after all these years he had achieved materialization and never knew about it. :)

Yes, but there was speculations that Ken might not ask for the name but he will give his sword a name... that is exactly what happened to Yachiru.

... just a thought.
[hr]

Or,we can all get surprised..and ken-chan actually lost the battle,and be rescued by ichigo or any of the vaizards,or by the yachiru.

Ouch! That he will not accept that..

He will try to kill Ichigo just for interfering.
Yachiru will prefer him to die in a fight then interfering, too.

Vaizards, plausible... but i think Ken will definitively remove any handicaps he as put on him and fight to the fullest.

Rechar
February 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
Kenpachi losing (as much as i hate to say it as a Kenpachi fan) would give him and tite the opportunity to explore his relationship with his sword, which allows for a great deal of backstory and insight into Kenpachi's life (something Tite has commented he would like to do).

Probably make for the best filler you could imagine.

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 11:24 AM
Kenpachi losing (as much as i hate to say it as a Kenpachi fan) would give him and tite the opportunity to explore his relationship with his sword, which allows for a great deal of backstory and insight into Kenpachi's life (something Tite has commented he would like to do).

Probably make for the best filler you could imagine.

Welcome to MH, Rechar!
Enjoy and have fun!

i completely agree with you... a second defeat in is life might give him some doubts about him and making him explorer something that he never wanted.

Lord Rae
February 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
hehe I've made both of these predictions before... that Yachiru is his sword since he said no seal would hold... it made sense at the time but now I think its not the case. She probably isn't.

I've also made the prediction that since he named himself and he named his vice captain his sword was also without a name. And that he had to name his sword....

Think about it... if he was in the beginning at least trying to get the name and never heard it he would eventually stop and just start being a jerk about his sword and treating it as just a weapon. But after he lost to Ichigo he tried again and realized that it wasn't that it hadn't told him its name but that it didn't know what its own name was....same as him.

That would create a bit of a bond and a similarity between the two right away if he was able to name it rather than the way everyone else got names...

Now that I've had more time to think about it I'm not sure either of those will come true... but I kind of hope that he'll have named it himself. Would be an awesome twist.

Sparky-kun
February 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
what will happen (willing to bet all your balls on this)

(there might be some flashbacks prior) kenpachi will awaken in his inner world, meet with his sword, a short argument between ken's sword and himself, name is revealed (but we wont get to know it yet)

ken awakens in a massive burst of reiatsu (ichigo goes WTF!!1!) and gets up, Nnoitra gets shocked. then ichigo will be the first to notice ken's sword is no longer dull and worn down, its sharp. as it symbolizes that ken and his sword are no longer damaging eachother.

Ken will be silent, then give out an manical grin, Nnoitra will go "THell... stfu *attacks* Blargh!"
ken will do nasty things to one ore more of Nnoitra's blades, causing Mantine boy to get that WTF look again, then procedes to one shot him.

and at one point not to long after that, ken's sword's name will be revealed. (hope its good, n with some good story behind both ken n sword)

(the reiatsu from ken will shock some of the seniors of hueco mundo, as being able to oneshot Nnoitra, who might be vasto lorde is deff something to open your eyes about.)

(i think that a vasto lorde's true strenght is not evident untill they rleases and regains their hollow powers, explains why the powerboost grimmjaw got where no where near as big as the one Nnoitra got)

7'lid
February 11, 2008, 11:53 AM
Is it me or is an espada release not that special anymore since we saw Grimmjow release? Nnoitra releasing believe it or not is not much of the talking point but Kenpachi's getting attacked like that in the end was.

In regards to Nnoitras release, I think its among the best I've seen. A true battle axe I'd say. I also really liked grimmjows.

ShaunMati1
February 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
U know one thing that no one has mentioned is that what if kenpachi doesnt reveal his swords name or shikai or anything. What if he uses the dark magics u know, like the Way of Destructions and other stuff that i havent been to familiar with. Byakuya used them at the end of his fight to stop "controlled" rukia from killing herself and then used that wall against Zomaris Amor. I think that would be pretty cool if Kenpachi used those dark magic spells do gain an advantage, although it is definitely unlike his character to say incantations and stuff. But it would also secure his character as being unique from the other captains. Its just a thought though, i would have to agree with all u guys about doing something with his sword.

Megaman84
February 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
U know one thing that no one has mentioned is that what if kenpachi doesnt reveal his swords name or shikai or anything. What if he uses the dark magics u know, like the Way of Destructions and other stuff that i havent been to familiar with. Byakuya used them at the end of his fight to stop "controlled" rukia from killing herself and then used that wall against Zomaris Amor. I think that would be pretty cool if Kenpachi used those dark magic spells do gain an advantage, although it is definitely unlike his character to say incantations and stuff. But it would also secure his character as being unique from the other captains. Its just a thought though, i would have to agree with all u guys about doing something with his sword.

I quite like the idea of this ShaunMati1 becasue we are not really privvy to many kidou spells only the crappy ones Rukia sometimes uses and the odd one we saw in SS arc from Aizen and of course Byakuya. It would be nice i think if Kenpachi pulled something out of the hat that we didn't expect and moreover made him more distinct from the other Captains. As i always maintain i think for Kenpachi to gain Bankai will make his character less intriguing, but admitedly i would love to see it.

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
Sorry folks,

But Kenpachi is an intrigued raw power and sword play kinda guy... no second hand mumbo-jumbo magic craft or even any Zanpaktou empowered version of him(Bankai/Shikai).

Simplest purity of himself.

Kikuna992
February 11, 2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry folks,

But Kenpachi is an intrigued raw power and sword play kinda guy... no second hand mumbo-jumbo magic craft or even any Zanpaktou empowered version of him(Bankai/Shikai).

Simplest purity of himself.

Nah I don't agree. He will have to release into shikai but it is probably (like you said) going to be a raw power release. Eg. a massive sword, a ridonculous (isn't it a good word) axe etc. similar to Ikaku's bankai.. (hopefully)

To be honest as long as Noitorra is annihilated, destroyed or eviscerated I don't care what happens. :)

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
Nah I don't agree. He will have to release into shikai but it is probably (like you said) going to be a raw power release. Eg. a massive sword, a ridonculous (isn't it a good word) axe etc. similar to Ikaku's bankai.. (hopefully)

To be honest as long as Noitorra is annihilated, destroyed or eviscerated I don't care what happens. :)

That would make it too funny!

Zaraki: My sword is bigger then yours, Ichigo! *grin*

That makes me think, about Renji's first meeting with Ichigo and he said is sword was proportional as is reiatsu... Kenpachi might have a 12ft sword 1ft wide (Same as Guts!).

7'lid
February 11, 2008, 02:54 PM
Didnt Yamichika say that in order to be in the 11th squad you are only meant to use raw powered attacks, thats why he kept his zanpaktou shikai a secret from the others in fear of being kicked out. Its usually most likely that every unit listens and goes by their commanders rules, so this basically shows that he won't be using any kidou black art folks.

GPZrag
February 11, 2008, 04:09 PM
But its likely that Zaraki knows the name of his zanpaktou... at this moment... i don't know but it feels that zaraki its going to kick some ass :)...

KraGiE
February 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
I think his Zanpaktou's true form is a saw or hammer. It'd be so nice if his Zampaktou only found joy in destroying other Zampaktou's. So when Zaraki and his blade fight together, they both have their intended adversary.

yiggs
February 11, 2008, 06:30 PM
My guess is that they'll keep us waiting for another few weeks and talk about Chad or something.

His grandfather turns out to be the old Vastlord :tem

liquidsky
February 11, 2008, 06:54 PM
The 11th squad frowns upon anything that is kidou related, its about all out melee and sword fighting.

I can't see kenpachi using any kidou, shikai might be a possibility...

raderack
February 11, 2008, 07:23 PM

Agree with you,noitorra have lived enough already..huuauhahu
die noitorra,die.

TheChosenOne
February 11, 2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, but there was speculations that Ken might not ask for the name but he will give his sword a name... that is exactly what happened to Yachiru.

... just a thought.

I don't think you can give your sword a name, that is why Kubo focused so much emphasis on Ichigo getting his shikai and during his battle with Kenpachi. The fact that Ken asks his sword it's name is clear that you can't give one. :)

Nekoashide
February 11, 2008, 08:28 PM
I think the next chapter will show Kenpachi getting beat around and being at the mercy of Noitorra for the whole chapter. I hardly think Kenpachi cares for his Zanbakto even up to this point relaying on his own strength to carry him and using his sword only as a tool.

As it's been said earlier his Zanbakto is suffering from Kenpachi net being able to hear it's screams once he sees that he cannot win he will finally call out it's name and accept it. And to add onto the pile of predictions i believe Kenpachi is already "Released" without knowing the name of his Zanbakto but by him learning it he will just gain even more powerful attacks.

TheChosenOne
February 11, 2008, 09:05 PM
I think the next chapter will show Kenpachi getting beat around and being at the mercy of Noitorra for the whole chapter. I hardly think Kenpachi cares for his Zanbakto even up to this point relaying on his own strength to carry him and using his sword only as a tool.

Well that thought had supposedly changed after the fight against Ichigo, he saw how powerful Ichigo got with his zanpak and learned that he can only get stronger if he works together with his zanpak. I think next chapter will basically be an information chapter about Nnoi's release and it's abilities, with Zaraki smiling at the end showing he is about to gain the upperhand. :)

Tsukisama
February 11, 2008, 09:28 PM

I definitely think Kenachi cares for his sword now, citing the same time after his battle with Ichigo for a reference as TheChosenOne, and given that he used a personal pronoun in reference to his sword (koitsu meaning "this guy/person"), I have pretty high hopes for him having gotten to it to the point of at least knowing its name.

I predict that only the first half or so of the chapter is devoted to Kenpachi being beaten up (unless other characters' whereabouts are being shown) and that by the end of the chapter, Kenpachi gives hints that he has acquired some new level of strength to be further explored next chapter.

that1kid
February 11, 2008, 10:17 PM
yachiru won't get involved in this fight unless ken is dead. She knows kens philosophy on fighting 1 on 1 and that jumping in at all would piss him off to no end. For ken to lose to a more powerful better fighter and still live would be worse than death to him and yachiru knows that. Ken will get up and he will reveal something new and the he will unleash the most unholy hellashish ass beating of a life time on noi and he'll be smiling about it the whole time. You can quote me on that and take it all the way to the bank.

honest_hypocrite
February 11, 2008, 10:37 PM
Do you think its safe to say this next bleach chapter may be the most aniticipated chapter in the history of Bleach thus far? And if nothing happens this chapter, then the chapter after that probably would be, and so on. This suspense will not end until Ken does something with his sword.

Tsukisama
February 11, 2008, 10:53 PM
Do you think its safe to say this next bleach chapter may be the most aniticipated chapter in the history of Bleach thus far? And if nothing happens this chapter, then the chapter after that probably would be, and so on. This suspense will not end until Ken does something with his sword.

For some people it might be the most anticipated chapter so far. I have had others over which I was a bit more hyped. I'd like to see Kenpachi'sw new skills, but it's not as though he is my favorite character. (I like him, but I am not a huge fan.)

honest_hypocrite
February 11, 2008, 11:07 PM
I see your point, but because its Kenpachi isn't so much a factor for me. The factor is the prolongued hanging suspense since his fight with Ichigo and what development we are going to see from that. When it is time in the manga for Ukitake and Shinsui to lay down their bankai's I will have a similar if not greater feeling of anticipation. Don't let me forget Yammamoto's bankai, either. He hasn't even really had a critical role yet in the manga and I want to see his bankai moreso than anyone else's. Call me a bankai pervert if you want, but I really miss those releases since the introduction of hollowization.

Tsukisama
February 11, 2008, 11:43 PM
I see your point, but because its Kenpachi isn't so much a factor for me. The factor is the prolongued hanging suspense since his fight with Ichigo and what development we are going to see from that.

Well, if we are going to start counting suspense beginning due from lack of characterization and development, then almost all of the characters are building up suspense. Isshin is building up suspense from when he started using his shinigami abilities again. Gin has been building suspense ever since he first displayed some of his abilities during his fight with Hitsugaya.

Not showing a character or developing him on-screen for a while does not really count as building suspense for me. After his fight with Ichigo, I did not get a sense of suspense from it, since he was shown several chapters after that fighting Komamura and Tousen. After their fight, he really was not shown very much (not until he went to retrieve Hitsugaya's group from Karakura). Kubo during this time did not really do much foreshadowing or anything special that would build up suspense from a story point of view for Kenpachi. The suspense for his new abilities came because people were interested in him and speculated that he would increase his strength. People also believed that other characters like Yoruichi, who said she was rusty back in the SS arc, and Byakuya, whose fans I can clearly remember proposing that he did not go all out in his battle with Ichigo and that he could be stronger, would also show more potential.

Because of the way Kubo has crafted the story, practically any active character he has shown could be believed to get stronger and seen doing more. What has caused some to be more anticipated than others is their fan base. Kenpachi has a lot of fans. People love to talk about Kenpachi, and they love to see him in action. Those people are the ones who have generated this perceivably greater hype for this match. So, yes, Kenpachi showing his abilities probably is the most anticipated thing in Bleach to date, but it is not because of Kenpachi receiving more suspenseful build up in the manga; it's because of his popularity.

zzlow
February 12, 2008, 12:55 AM
It's just good time to put a filler.
Doesn't much difference if we will see Mayuri findings or Ken's past.

Will KT make two in a row predictable chaptes? No waaay...

Ken said he saw same level of reitasu - so he able to handle monsters...

Receiving help mean losing. Thats bad for Ken's character. Even Yachiru will not interference (someone stated before - Yachiru must be happy when Ken near death, because only thing Kenpachi want in entire life is fighting).

We have there Ulquiorra, Yachiru, Nell, Ichigo, Orihime. Yachiru, Ichigo and Orihime cant or will not help him. Looks like only other espada can really help Ken *or he will handle all by self without bankai.

Twice (vs Tousen fight and vs Noitora) Zaraki was able to overtake after opponent wounded him - is this ability explained somehow?

Sorry for my english.

honest_hypocrite
February 12, 2008, 01:35 AM
Right... Only I wasn't excited about Kenpachi until he showed up in Hueco Mundo. Same goes with Byakuya and Kurosutchi. My point was, now that they are currently the focal point, the dormant suspense and anticipation is coming to the surface. The reason people are making a big deal about Kenpachi is because... Kenpachi's fighting right now. Its really that simple. For me at least. I will make an equally large fuss when the other characters get their chance for development.

Obviously, people are going to identify with certain characters that others won't. Either way, that won't make that character's role in the story any more or less relevant. Its all a matter of taste. And just because a person doesn't want to give in to the hype, doesn't necessarily mean they have to attack the hype. Unless that person is just a cynic by nature. =)

Back to Kenpachi, though. One could make the argument that, yes, there is validity in the hype for Kenpachi as opposed to the other captains. Which would be Kubo's doing, not the fan base. The reasoning is fairly clear. Ken's fighting the strongest espada out of the three captains. Ken is one of three major opponents that the main character, Ichigo, has fought. Ken is constantly seen as the driving instinct for the main character, Ichigo. And last but not least, Ken has reaitsu that's insane enough to rival anyone. Bare in mind, this only applies if you follow the hype Kubo is leading you into. And we, as people(and fans), are naturally going to have personal favorites, regardless of the style of writing Kubo uses.

eddy26
February 12, 2008, 01:39 AM
Kenpachi probably knows the name of his zanpaktou. What I'm wondering is if Yachiru knows the name of her zanpaktou. When Kenpachi got into a draw against Ichigo he wanted to get stronger by trying to find out his zanpaktou's name. He failed to but Yachiru also kept telling him that they'd get stronger together so if she's learned her zanpaktou's name wouldn't she help him communicate with his? I know that there is no information about her powers but since she is a vice captain she would be strong enough to at least know her zanpaktou's name. Ikkaku who is third knows his zanpaktou's name so does his fruity friend. It seems Kenpachi is the only one who doesn't.
This chapter though I hope he reveals a new move and I don't think anyone will interfere. Yachiru would stop anyone from interfering and Ichigo already knows that Kenpachi is willing to fight to the death. I just keep expecting some help from Yachiru at this point because she is the only vice captain that hasn't done anything. Unohana's vice captain helped heal Rukia and poor Nemu she got raped twice by Mayuri and Szayel. Renji well he is probably the worst vice captain I have ever seen. He loses almost every battle and really is no help to Byakuya. Hanatarou would be a better vice captain at least he is around him Renji just likes to get crushed and waits for others to save him.
If there is a backstory for this chapter it would be nice to see if they show how Kenpachi even found his zanpaktou in the first place. How did he know it wouldn't break under his spiritual pressure. I'm sure a regular zanpaktou wouldn't be useful to him that's why I think his sword is powerful and it'll help him kill Nnoitra in the upcoming chapters.

RangikuGirl
February 12, 2008, 04:44 AM
I really think that at least in one battle, it should end differently...

Otherwise it will be just as much as an "original" storyline as the three Privadron Espada fights where it was way over clear about who will win.

Nnoitra, unlike other Espada antagonists, has taken a quite likeable transformation from, and still haven't shown his new special abilities by using it; so I think he's there for stay, at the very least, for a lengthy battle.

I think if Kubo Tite doesn't want to end this ark totally dull, he should make Kenpachi lose this time, while meantime Ichigo is healed enough to try and go on him again on full throttle, just to fail miserably at some new special attack of Nnoitra's. Then, as a surprise, Orihime should have healed Nel back to the state she had before she received that crack in her head, as so far she had been the only one Nnoitra feared in battle, though she's a goat, and should beat him up in a pretty fair battle. Unless some vizard arrives to save her, and another one, and then another one... er, where was I? XD

I totally agree and want this.

Is no one else getting utterly tired with Bleach's cliches? I know it's a shounen manga, but this is almost getting too much, it's like the last few battles have just been copy and paste.

CHEST SLASH, YOU MUST BE DEAd
OH NO I'M STILL ALIVE
NOW I'M ONTOP
OH YEAH? NEW ABILITY
OH NO I DIED IN TWO SECONDS

I really want Kenpachi to lose this, to give some weight to his character. I love Kenpachi, but his 8 year old fanboys annoy me "YEAH I HOPE HE JUST LAUGHS AND GOES SUPER SAIYAN".
Christ that'd be trite.
I hope this builds his character and he either reveals a new ability or learns from this and decides he needs to train his sword as well if he needs to get stronger. Kind of like a parallel (since this arc parallels the Soul Society arc) to Ichigo against Kenpachi where Ichigo gets ripped apart and then realizes he needs Zangetsu to help him.
I'd find it more fulfilling to see Kenpachi with his back to the wall for once, even defeated.
It's been annoying as hell to see these Captains plow through Espada like they're jello, especially since power-ranking-wise some of these Espada should be two or three times as powerful.

I for one would find it way more interesting if Kenpachi lost for once for christsakes, and they built up his character. Otherwise, 310-311 are utterly predictable.

notBowen
February 12, 2008, 05:33 AM
While waiting for the spoiler discussion thread, can anyone make heads or tails of that pic? I can't see anything.

Neuroff
February 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
Nope. Not only is it small, it's blurry.

Rechar
February 12, 2008, 05:59 AM
Its possible for Yachiru to be drawn into things just not by her own will. Nnoitra is a pretty slimey guy, Ichigo is beaten to a pulp, Nel too, Orihime can't really be harmed, Kenpachi is down....Nnoitra may just jump at Yachiru as the closest possible threat forcing Kenpachi into action.

No Quarter
February 12, 2008, 06:18 AM
I really want Kenpachi to lose this, to give some weight to his character. I love Kenpachi, but his 8 year old fanboys annoy me "YEAH I HOPE HE JUST LAUGHS AND GOES SUPER SAIYAN".
Christ that'd be trite.
I hope this builds his character and he either reveals a new ability or learns from this and decides he needs to train his sword as well if he needs to get stronger. Kind of like a parallel (since this arc parallels the Soul Society arc) to Ichigo against Kenpachi where Ichigo gets ripped apart and then realizes he needs Zangetsu to help him.
I'd find it more fulfilling to see Kenpachi with his back to the wall for once, even defeated.
It's been annoying as hell to see these Captains plow through Espada like they're jello, especially since power-ranking-wise some of these Espada should be two or three times as powerful.

I for one would find it way more interesting if Kenpachi lost for once for christsakes, and they built up his character. Otherwise, 310-311 are utterly predictable.

The problem with what you are suggesting is that it will never happen because it serves no purpose to the development of the story and the characters as it offers no new information.

Arguments:

1) We already know from the Ichigo fight that Kenpachi needs to synchronize with his zanpakuto in order to gain more power. Having him lose (again?) in order for Kenpachi to decide to sync with his sword would be a repetition of the outcome of the ichigo fight. Kenpachi has ALREADY decided that he needs his sword help and have actually taken steps to achieve that (asking his sword name at the end of the ichigo fight). So there is no point in him losing for the development of the Kenpachi character.

2) The fact that certain captains beat certain espada is not ridiculous considering who fights who.

Byakuya beats Zomari. Zomari is the 7th ranked Espada, not really a high rank, while Byakuya has already been established as one of the more powerful captains. Furthermore, Byakuya has all the advantages in the fight. He is as fast as Zomari. He makes use of Kidou which allow him to counter zomaris' abilities. And lastly he has the worst possible Bankai for Zomari. If Zomari fought Mayuri, or even Kenpachi, the captains would probably be in trouble.

Same thing with Szayel VS Mayuri. Both scientists, both relatively weak fighting wise. This is essentially a battle won by the more prepared one. Szayel won against Ishida & co. because he had sufficient data for their abilities and so he was able to counter them. Same way, Mayuri was better prepared for Szayel and so he won.

Kenpachi VS Noitora is simply a battle of who has the biggest stamina/power/reiatsu/sword/d*** whatever. As such it is the ideal pairing for Kenpachi. Byakuya with all his Kidou Bankai etc might not even be able to scratch Noitoras' re enforced skin.

3) Having someone else interfere with Kenpachis' battle (much less save him) would completely nullify Kenpachis' character. Kenpachi is portrayed as someone who lives only to fight and goes to great lengths in order to even the battle between him and his opponent (eye patch, bells, always fighting alone, etc). So to actually lose, and furthermore receive help in a battle, would render Kenpachi a complete failure as a character since it goes against all the characters' background and ideals.

nichendrix
February 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
It seems that Nnoitra was cut...it's too fogy and too small...maybe we can have a better picture today.

havoc19
February 12, 2008, 08:50 AM
Kenpachi might actually lose? Kubo is surprising me, i guess its up to someone else or they'll leave Hueco Mundo and come back later

Vegetoacs
February 12, 2008, 08:55 AM
Just on the note of our tiny spoiler pic....we can discern one thing from this.....it's not a flash back chapter, so it could be an inner world one...or at the very least, the battle will continue somewhat in vain.

Bit of a shame...i was kinda hoping for a Kenpachi flashback...or back story......Ah well...here's hoping for the Gaiden Arc providing such. here's hoping we get a few more spoiler pics sooon :)

ManyHack
February 12, 2008, 09:05 AM
I don't think you can give your sword a name, that is why Kubo focused so much emphasis on Ichigo getting his shikai and during his battle with Kenpachi. The fact that Ken asks his sword it's name is clear that you can't give one. :)

Yes, but since Kenpachi is out of the box, he could get that crazy feat... to force a name to is sword.

Sword: My name is Tenshou.
Kenpachi: No! Its....

just a tought.

sadaniel
February 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
come out..come out..kenpachi's bankai..muahahahaha..

Aonsaithya
February 12, 2008, 10:59 AM
Zomari lost to Byakuya because he tried to show off his ability without really doing anything first. Instead of "claiming" the captain's hand he should've moved right in for the kill by taking the head.

I can see why Szayel is so low ranked despite the relatively powerful ability; someone faster than him would just rip him apart before his "wings" could catch them.
I guess the same goes for Zomari, although his ability is supposedly instantly usable after the release. Can the top espada defend against those abilities in any way apart from not letting them release?

zzlow
February 12, 2008, 11:34 AM
I really want Kenpachi to lose this
--skip--
Otherwise, 310-311 are utterly predictable.

Can you tell us please, will he win with bankai or other way?
Any other details?

Not so utterly, you just dnt like him...

ShaunMati1
February 12, 2008, 12:30 PM
havent all these battles between the Capt. and espada been predictable, maybe not necessarily how it was going to happen but we knew who was going to win. I think what Kubo is trying to do here is basically speed this arc up a little bit, as u have all said there hasnt been any story development in a long time so ending this fight will change that. Once this fight is done (ken and nnoi) then we can go on with the story. As for the spoiler...i coudlnt really tell what was going on. Hopefully a better quality pic will show up.

TheChosenOne
February 12, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yes, but since Kenpachi is out of the box, he could get that crazy feat... to force a name to is sword.

Well considering the main character had to find out the name of it's sword, Ken will most likely follow the same concept. He will have to learn more about his sword, it's understandable why his sword won't communicate. All those years he has treated it like a mere tool, and Kenpachi is being punished, it's probably gonna take a big gesture to show to his sword that he is serious in working together with it. :)

Megaman84
February 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
i dont think that this current fight will follow the same script as the two prior fights we have seen of captain vs espada. I do feel that Kenpachi is the right guy to be fighting Nnoitra but i could envisage him losing and that possibly leading to a drive to materialise his Zanpaktou in time for the winter war.

As for the spoiler its poo and you cant see anything really/

patedecarne
February 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
I think right in this moment, bleach doesn't need a plot development, mainly because we still have 6(soon will be 5) espadas left, besides Gin, Tousen and Aizen; And this fights will be longer.

And I really can't see what kubo could do in the story now besides put the captains to fight with the espadas, only if Aizen is planning something big, what else to do? Orihime dead? or Orihime rejecting Hougyoku? The only thing that suits well is more fighting, at least only 2 espadas left, then a plot development would be good, but not now

ManyHack
February 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
Well considering the main character had to find out the name of it's sword, Ken will most likely follow the same concept. He will have to learn more about his sword, it's understandable why his sword won't communicate. All those years he has treated it like a mere tool, and Kenpachi is being punished, it's probably gonna take a big gesture to show to his sword that he is serious in working together with it. :)

Kenpachi: Please! Pretty Pleaseeee... :kenya

im not sure that will work, though :amuse

TheChosenOne
February 12, 2008, 01:03 PM
Kenpachi: Please! Pretty Pleaseeee... :kenya

im not sure that will work, though :amuse

Well Zangetsu would only work with Ichigo after Ichigo showed him that he wants to know more about him. So I think a gesture of that degree might be what his sword is waiting for. :)

kigai
February 12, 2008, 02:44 PM
Oh man i want Ikkaku to appear and go BANKAI!!

I LOVE RYUMON HOZUKIMARU!!!

Jimbob DeSantos VI
February 12, 2008, 02:48 PM
I think after Kenpachi achieves Bankai he is gonna hate it because it might just be a huge riatsu cannon that obliterates his opponents taking the fun out of killing :P

ManyHack
February 12, 2008, 02:56 PM
I think after Kenpachi achieves Bankai he is gonna hate it because it might just be a huge riatsu cannon that obliterates his opponents taking the fun out of killing :P

Welcome to MH, Jimbob DeSantos VI!
Enjoy and Have fun!

IF... if it happens, i agree with you... he will lose the joy of battle and will never use it again.

Jimbob DeSantos VI
February 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
thanks

how immense is my user name btw lol

anyway yeh I dont really see the possibility of Kenpachi losing this one

overdrives
February 12, 2008, 03:07 PM
IF... if it happens, i agree with you... he will lose the joy of battle and will never use it again.

yeah but if kenpachi hate killing his opponent too easily, he hate even much dying without showing his 100% power
that's why when he saw ichigo handling his first reiatsu level, he showed his second eye to enjoy the battle
same thing will happen with shikai or bankai, he don't want to die stupidly after finding a strong opponent ...

and even if ikkaku will never come in HM, i agree : ryumon hozukimaru rocks :D

ManyHack
February 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
yeah but if kenpachi hate killing his opponent too easily, he hate even much dying without showing his 100% power
that's why when he saw ichigo handling his first reiatsu level, he showed his second eye to enjoy the battle
same thing will happen with shikai or bankai, he don't want to die stupidly after finding a strong opponent ...

and even if ikkaku will never come in HM, i agree : ryumon hozukimaru rocks :D

Welcome to MH, Overdrives!
Enjoy and Have fun!

Zaraki Kenpachi isn't a dumbass he knows how to gage is enemies.

overdrives
February 12, 2008, 03:36 PM
thx
got trouble to speak coz i'm french, but i can read almost everything :)
i did translations french translations for the international project of bleach7... but they gived up :'( ... we did translations but their website got troubles so they simply forget about it ... :( ... pretty stupid isn't it ? :p

well ... about the chapter, from the little picture we saw, seems like kenpachi isn't using any shikai or bankai ... for next week (again ... sic) ?

redcometfm
February 12, 2008, 04:59 PM
I think Kenpachi's going to lose this one. Despite his previous loss to Ichigo, he didnt exactly have the shit kicked out of him. Here, Nnoitra pretty much is wiping the floor with him.

The fact that Kenpachi, one of the more notable captains, got beat so bad by such a low-level Espada (potentially not even a Vasto Lorde) will serve later to prompt Yamamoto to consider alternative means to power up (not exactly Vizard, but just some general advice from Urahara). Before everything with Hueco Mundo started, many secrets were hinted to directly, and it only makes sense from a storytelling standpoint to have them get beat up, recover some vital data and barely escape so that way this Winter-War-Prep Arc coming up will be the revelation part of the manga, where the revelations will tie into how to properly prepare in power for the Vasto Lordes and Aizen himself.

Urahara has got to know something, especially since he came from Hueco Mundo in the early chapters when he came to help Inoue after her first battle with a Hollow.

Rechar
February 12, 2008, 05:50 PM
I think Kenpachi's going to lose this one. Despite his previous loss to Ichigo, he didnt exactly have the shit kicked out of him. Here, Nnoitra pretty much is wiping the floor with him.

The fact that Kenpachi, one of the more notable captains, got beat so bad by such a low-level Espada (potentially not even a Vasto Lorde) will serve later to prompt Yamamoto to consider alternative means to power up (not exactly Vizard, but just some general advice from Urahara). Before everything with Hueco Mundo started, many secrets were hinted to directly, and it only makes sense from a storytelling standpoint to have them get beat up, recover some vital data and barely escape so that way this Winter-War-Prep Arc coming up will be the revelation part of the manga, where the revelations will tie into how to properly prepare in power for the Vasto Lordes and Aizen himself.

Urahara has got to know something, especially since he came from Hueco Mundo in the early chapters when he came to help Inoue after her first battle with a Hollow.

If Kenpachi loses (this fight appears to be occuring at the same time as the others, so help from the other captains is unlikely) then a battered Ichigo and Nel will also die and Aizen will get Orihime back, Nnoitra won't just go "Oh i won, i'll let you all go now."

Kenpachi has to win unfortunately for the Arc to conclude and the main character to survive.

TheChosenOne
February 12, 2008, 07:14 PM
Kenpachi will win, there is no possibility that he will lose, it would be illogical for him to be the sole captain to lose against an espada. Also All the captains that are fighting have lost to someone in Ichigo's group in their last fight. Byakuya and Ken to Ichigo, and Mayuri to Ishida, their fight against the espada is just to show that they are still powerful and can't be overlooked. :)

Jimbob DeSantos VI
February 12, 2008, 08:01 PM
I like ur sig chosen one but I cant make out which espada Kenpachi is thrashin :S

redcometfm
February 12, 2008, 09:39 PM
Just because those captains are there doesnt mean others or even Urahara or Isshin can come help them escape, despite what it may do to Kenpachi's pride.

Kenpachi grows with loss, not victory.

Jehuty
February 12, 2008, 09:47 PM
Just because those captains are there doesnt mean others or even Urahara or Isshin can come help them escape, despite what it may do to Kenpachi's pride.

I'd say it's case by case. Defeat by Ichigo - growth, saying he wants to get stronger. Defeat by Nnoitora - pussification, like Ichigo during the Arrancar arc.

Rechar
February 12, 2008, 09:58 PM

That would be illogical. Why send a group of four to help when you could send more? This is the heart of enemy territory after all.

Not to mention they must be confident in these captains to send them, just how would they then know they are in trouble?

TheChosenOne
February 12, 2008, 10:07 PM

It depends on the scenario, Kenpachi grew from his "loss" (Yoruichi calls it a draw) cuz he learned how he can get stronger and learned that Zanpak is something that is a part of him. If he loses against Nnoi, it will only reinforce the point that he has not learned anything and is weaker than ever. I seriously doubt that Kubo is trying to show that message, Ken's win will fortigy what he has learned through his "loss" against Ichigo. :)

honest_hypocrite
February 13, 2008, 01:15 AM
The reason Kenpachi felt he lost to Ichigo is because his sword was broken. Which is also seems to be a sign of the outcome of a shinigami fight, no matter what condition either is in. And I'm talking about the outcome being viewed from a first person perspective between the two combatants, not a third person perspective. Ex. Byakuya and Ichigo. Ichigo could barely move right after that fight, but Byakuya felt he needed to freakin flash step outta there. But for him, his sword was broken so, Ichigo wins.

Streifen
February 13, 2008, 02:26 AM
agreed... i believe that those zanpaks were like the furyoku in shaman king... if you lose your furyoku you lose the shaman fight...

and for bykuyas flash step....
he did a flash step so that he will still look cool after being owned... LOL....

hyn_pride93
February 13, 2008, 02:28 AM
The reason Kenpachi felt he lost to Ichigo is because his sword was broken. Which is also seems to be a sign of the outcome of a shinigami fight, no matter what condition either is in. And I'm talking about the outcome being viewed from a first person perspective between the two combatants, not a third person perspective. Ex. Byakuya and Ichigo. Ichigo could barely move right after that fight, but Byakuya felt he needed to freakin flash step outta there. But for him, his sword was broken so, Ichigo wins.

i think that too. in every shinigami fight, you see the fight in the first person perspective.

i also think that the reason why Kenpachi felt that he had lost the fight was because of his sword. and now with that loss, he has probably learned how to cope with that problem by finally trying to listen to his zanpaktou. Kenpachi has figured out at the last moment that he needs to know the name of his zanpaktou so that he can do more, and gain a new abundunce of power.

honest_hypocrite
February 13, 2008, 03:26 AM
lol Streifan. You made me imagine a bully at school beating up on a smart kid, then the smart kid, after A'cing his test, walks over to the bully's desk, slams the paper down and calmy says "owned". Damn, I wish I knew then what I know now. School would be a blast.

Err... but back on topic. As hyn pointed out, Kenpachi absolutely MUST have a newfound power. But here's the catch. Yes, he most likely will have a trump card in the fight, BUT, it still is possible Nnoitra defeats him still. Nnoitra may still have a supsrise himself. And this is just speculation, but it brings to mind Yachiru(btw, that's the name of the person Ken said he wants to be like). I'm not saying it will happen but, we've seen absolutely nothing from Yachiru so far. And when you think about it, this does seem like an opportune time to show her powers. Think about it. Ken cares for Yachiru tremendously. I would also go as far as to say he would die for her. What if Nnoitra hurts her badly? Then an enraged Ken steps up his game and goes ape shit all over Nnoitra. Since Ken's theme centers around isolation, I would like it if he acquired a power boost to protect the only person he cares about. If would fit perfectly with Ichigo's source of strength.

And in regards to the latest spoilers(considering they aren't fake), ken doesn't look to hot and Yachiru SEEMS to want to step in. Or did I interpret that wrong? I mean, yea, we know Ken as the badass that only relies on his own strength, but his fight with Ichigo actually foreshadows him maybe accepting help from others. I know we want him to be the unstoppable force we are used to. But making Ken emotionally vulnerable would add many layers to his character. Think of it as Ken becoming more like Ichigo than Ichigo becoming more like Ken. And it makes sense because what would someone normally do after a defeat? Adapt. Although there is an abysmal chance this would happen compared to Ken just utterly destroying Nnoitra for no valid reason. =\

avantasian
February 13, 2008, 07:01 AM
Err... but back on topic. As hyn pointed out, Kenpachi absolutely MUST have a newfound power. But here's the catch. Yes, he most likely will have a trump card in the fight, BUT, it still is possible Nnoitra defeats him still. Nnoitra may still have a supsrise himself. And this is just speculation, =\

I dont think its just speculations!After all Grimmjaw and many other privaron and current espada had their most powerfull attack while on the releashed form. So its certain that Nnoitra has some strong trick up his sleeve. Kenpachi will need more than just 1 new attack. I worder if even shikai will be enough.

But i dont see Yachiru doin more that Kenpachi. That would bring the Captain down to our eyes. She can only save him from an attack and then get injured so kenpachi will get more serious about the fight and draw out more of his inner strength, maybe decide to go shikai.

ManyHack
February 13, 2008, 09:11 AM
Kenpachi will win, there is no possibility that he will lose, it would be illogical for him to be the sole captain to lose against an espada. Also All the captains that are fighting have lost to someone in Ichigo's group in their last fight. Byakuya and Ken to Ichigo, and Mayuri to Ishida, their fight against the espada is just to show that they are still powerful and can't be overlooked. :)

Exactly... and so predictable.
[hr]

Err... but back on topic. As hyn pointed out, Kenpachi absolutely MUST have a newfound power. But here's the catch. Yes, he most likely will have a trump card in the fight, BUT, it still is possible Nnoitra defeats him still. Nnoitra may still have a supsrise himself. And this is just speculation, but it brings to mind Yachiru(btw, that's the name of the person Ken said he wants to be like). I'm not saying it will happen but, we've seen absolutely nothing from Yachiru so far. And when you think about it, this does seem like an opportune time to show her powers. Think about it. Ken cares for Yachiru tremendously. I would also go as far as to say he would die for her. What if Nnoitra hurts her badly? Then an enraged Ken steps up his game and goes ape shit all over Nnoitra. Since Ken's theme centers around isolation, I would like it if he acquired a power boost to protect the only person he cares about. If would fit perfectly with Ichigo's source of strength.

What's the point for Kubo-sama to put an Espada that strong, and not showing off! But the Catch in the power... i think it's not on the adversary counter, but in the fact that Kenpachi will surely find it excessive (his own power) and stop using it to finally defeat him.

hajialibaig
February 13, 2008, 09:38 AM
My Chapter 310 Predictions: Ulquiorra will come back to everyone's shock and Kenpachi will still be getting owned by Nnoitra...

Should be interesting

gigantor21
February 13, 2008, 10:52 AM
^ Welcome to the forums, Haji. Enjoy your stay. ;)

And Ulquiorra could come back, but I don't know. I'd think Kubo would want this match to play out before that happens, since Q could kill anyone there most likely. I could see him coming right after this fight, though.

avantasian
February 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think so as well!
Maybe Ulquiorra will return and take Grimmjaw and Nnoitra back to the chambers.
Kenpachi will lose but survive and be healed by Orihime and he will go to meet Nnoitra again for a second match!

ShaunMati1
February 13, 2008, 01:18 PM
I hope Ulquiorra comes back soon, but think about it, it wont be surprising if yochiru got into the battle. Ex. byakuyas fight...Hanataro (spelling?) got into the fight and practically died, in Mayuris fight Nemu was apart of the fight, although she didnt choose to. So if all the captains has some sort of other person involved it wont surprise me if the pink child becomes involved with this fight at all. And it might just give Kenpachi enough umph to win.

ManyHack
February 13, 2008, 01:21 PM
I think so as well!
Kenpachi will lose but survive and be healed by Orihime and he will go to meet Nnoitra again for a second match!

And have an improved power like the Sayians, after is near death experience. :rofl

C'mon, guys... do you really think that Kenpachi can be defeated? Kenpachi is like Jesus Christ resurrected in Soul Society.

EDIT: Sorry for thoses who are full fledged Christians.

TheChosenOne
February 13, 2008, 07:22 PM
I think so as well!

If Ulq returns wouldn't he be trying to take Orihime back to Aizen instead of the injured espada's. Aizen has given Ulq the right to Orihime's well being, so likely he will try to take Orihime first, and then likely fight Ken, which I believe will be overkill. :)

Jehuty
February 13, 2008, 07:38 PM
If Ulq returns wouldn't he be trying to take Orihime back to Aizen instead of the injured espada's. Aizen has given Ulq the right to Orihime's well being, so likely he will try to take Orihime first, and then likely fight Ken, which I believe will be overkill. :)
You know, it's interesting. Of the Espada we've seen in true action aka 5-10, most seem to be super intent on getting/being super powerful. Aaroniero's like "GET IN MAH BELLEH," Szayel's like "I'M PEEEERFECT NOW LET ME STUDY YOOOOU!" Grimmjow's like, "I'M THE KING OF THE HOLLOW WOOOOORLD!" And of course Nnoitora's like "NOBODY CAN BREAK THIS BOD BECAUSE I DO SITUPS." Zomari, we didn't see much of, but he seemed to be quite proud of being the fastest. Yammy, on the other hand, is just a tool and is pissed that Urahara beat him... twice.

Ulquiorra, Halibel, Stark, and Methuzela don't seem to give a crap about the fighting and whatnot. Ulquiorra only wanted to fight Ichigo, and didn't even kill him. His higher priorities are serving Aizen, anyway. Stark's sleepy, the geezer's not doing anything, and Halibel's like, "I'm bored. Let's go watch Grimmjow get the shit knocked out of him by some kid."

Tsukisama
February 13, 2008, 07:48 PM
You know, it's interesting. Of the Espada we've seen in true action aka 5-10, most seem to be super intent on getting/being super powerful. Aaroniero's like "GET IN MAH BELLEH," Szayel's like "I'M PEEEERFECT NOW LET ME STUDY YOOOOU!" Grimmjow's like, "I'M THE KING OF THE HOLLOW WOOOOORLD!" And of course Nnoitora's like "NOBODY CAN BREAK THIS BOD BECAUSE I DO SITUPS." Zomari, we didn't see much of, but he seemed to be quite proud of being the fastest. Yammy, on the other hand, is just a tool and is pissed that Urahara beat him... twice.

Ulquiorra, Halibel, Stark, and Methuzela don't seem to give a crap about the fighting and whatnot. Ulquiorra only wanted to fight Ichigo, and didn't even kill him. His higher priorities are serving Aizen, anyway. Stark's sleepy, the geezer's not doing anything, and Halibel's like, "I'm bored. Let's go watch Grimmjow get the shit knocked out of him by some kid."

Well, those with true strength don't need to prove themselves or brag about it. The boastful nature of the lower espada (5-10) just makes them look weak to me.

Jehuty
February 13, 2008, 07:56 PM
Well, those with true strength don't need to prove themselves or brag about it. The boastful nature of the lower espada (5-10) just makes them look weak to me.
The top four are aloso likely Vasto Lordes, whose intelligences surpass those of the Adjucha. They're not as batshit insane, I'd think.

TheChosenOne
February 13, 2008, 08:03 PM
It would be a twist if Ulq starts to act crazy during his battles as well. So far all these espada's lose their cool when they are in battles, so likely Ulq and the other 3 could follow the that concept and start to scream and boast about their abilities during their respective fights. :)

Jehuty
February 13, 2008, 08:04 PM
It would be a twist if Ulq starts to act crazy during his battles as well. So far all these espada's lose their cool when they are in battles, so likely Ulq and the other 3 could follow the that concept and start to scream and boast about their abilities during their respective fights. :)
Do we really want Ulquiorra to turn into Itachi? Honestly?

hajialibaig
February 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
^ Welcome to the forums, Haji. Enjoy your stay. ;)

[hr]

The top four are aloso likely Vasto Lordes, whose intelligences surpass those of the Adjucha. They're not as batshit insane, I'd think.

They could be Vasto Lordes, not sure. If they were, what's the hold up then, why not invade SS now?

TheChosenOne
February 13, 2008, 08:13 PM
Do we really want Ulquiorra to turn into Itachi? Honestly?

Well when you put it that way, then I have to rephrase my earlier statement. Ulq acting cool and calm is a one of the major reason why he is a favorite. :)

Jehuty
February 13, 2008, 08:17 PM
<hr noshade size="1">

They could be Vasto Lordes, not sure. If they were, what's the hold up then, why not invade SS now?They used the outline of a Vasto Lorde that was near-identical to Ulquiorra. I'm pretty sure.

They don't invade because that's less than half of what Hitsugaya says would be required to take down Soul Society. Aizen wants a perfect Espada, with only the most powerful Vasto Lordes in all of Hueco Mundo.

Nafycuk
February 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
Nice chapter.

There are lot's of holes in Ken... Yeah, whatever )

Rechar
February 15, 2008, 09:23 AM
Two chapters, both ending in Kenpachi getting beaten down....i predict power over 9000 next chapter!

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 09:36 AM
This strategy is... kinda working well for Kenpachi. It's (get ready for a TERRIBLE pun) disarming Nnoitora!

dreamzsai
February 15, 2008, 09:47 AM
Dont forget Kenpachi already has his Eyepatch off, unless he is holding back during attack(but i dont see why he will be holding back during defense).
But it's weird how Kenpachi is still joking around with Yachiru and looks all relaxed, maybe he is really holding back? -_-"

Noitora's display of power and abilities so far probably means that Kenpachi possibly cannot enjoy this battle with his "drag this on and go with the slashing the enemy up while getting slashed".
Multiple arms means Noitora can block most all of Kenpachi's attack(he only has one sword and has near to no tricks), Regeneration this fast means minor damage needs to be followed up quickly or they will have no effect.
Kenpachi might need to finish it in one shot once he sees an opening.

And now that we've seen Noitora fight, we can clearly see why he is so proud of himself, he is really kinda strong, and seems like the only Espada who isnt overpowered by the SS Captains so easily.
And if No5 is THIS strong, then i've no idea what the top 4 can do.

**SideNote: If Kenpachi's Ragged Uniform gets cut up more, he'll needa get a new one made soon xD

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
Dont forget Kenpachi already has his Eyepatch off, unless he is holding back during attack(but i dont see why he will be holding back during defense).
But it's weird how Kenpachi is still joking around with Yachiru and looks all relaxed, maybe he is really holding back? -_-"

Noitora's display of power and abilities so far probably means that Kenpachi possibly cannot enjoy this battle with his "drag this on and go with the slashing the enemy up while getting slashed".
Multiple arms means Noitora can block most all of Kenpachi's attack(he only has one sword and has near to no tricks), Regeneration this fast means minor damage needs to be followed up quickly or they will have no effect.
Kenpachi might need to finish it in one shot once he sees an opening.

And now that we've seen Noitora fight, we can clearly see why he is so proud of himself, he is really kinda strong, and seems like the only Espada who isnt overpowered by the SS Captains so easily.
And if No5 is THIS strong, then i've no idea what the top 4 can do.

**SideNote: If Kenpachi's Ragged Uniform gets cut up more, he'll needa get a new one made soon xD
I dunno. Last chapter, he wasn't able to cut Nnoitora. This time, he hacked off his limb pretty simply and took one of his scythes. I love the expression Nnoitora gets with the giant reiatsu skull behind him. Epic.

patedecarne
February 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
and now Noitora stabbed Kenpachi(again and again) with his hand, Kenpachi is spitting blood, but this is just a joke, as always, because nothing can harm kenpachi, so lame. but seems noitora aimed Zaraki's heart, but still even in the heart , kenpachi won't die, so lamest...

then just cut off his head, for the god's sake, this way Kenpachi VERY likely will die...

but the point is I'm getting angry because every attack and slash cannot hurt kenpachi, I think kubo is clonning Sasuke and his "Infamous Hate"...

7riste
February 15, 2008, 11:34 AM
Did anyone realize there is a flaw in continuity in this chapter? On page 10 Noi's arm got chopped off along with one of his scythes, then on page 13 his arm regenerated and he wasn't holding a scythe with his regenerated arm, then all of a sudden Noi attacked with 4 scythes again on page 14? It is impossible for him to have retrieved the scythe so it must mean his scythe regenerated with his arm? so now there are 5 scythes in total. Imagine Ken chopping off more of Noi's arms and scythes, and Noi just keeps regenerating, there will be endless scythes lying around the floor! :tem Haha, I hate it when the storyline's not properly thought out, I think Kubo's getting sloppy... Bleach is getting disappointing, we haven't had any major plot development since the HM arc... :(

someguy0830
February 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
With the way things are going, at least Kenpachi should win in a cool way.

Taking all bets, how many more arms does Nnoitra grow before the fight is over? I'm guessing one more pair, just for the hell of it.

Ultraman
February 15, 2008, 12:00 PM
With the way things are going, at least Kenpachi should win in a cool way.

Taking all bets, how many more arms does Nnoitra grow before the fight is over? I'm guessing one more pair, just for the hell of it.

I couldn't agree more...8 arms would be the hell, and would complete the spider like form...

bighawke5
February 15, 2008, 03:41 PM
IMO the way yachiru said "dont get kenpachi angry" means he's still keeping his head on his shoulders even with the patch off....it also means he;s not serious even though the patch's off. you all saw when that the giant reiatsu skull came behind nnoitora that was kenpachi trying to keep his cool so he can enjoy the fight longer...he couldve cut nnoitora in half right there if he wanted but he just took an arm..

Im pretty sure yachiru knows kenpachi well thats why she doesnt even look worried..she knows if he gets angry or serious he could end the fight in a split second. we'll see ken play around with nnoi a bit and prob be pushed back but that doesnt mean he's weaker...he'll get tired of this soon and finish this or will have to :)

sharingan_kakashi
February 15, 2008, 03:52 PM
"Four Arms to Killing YOU" Sweeeeet!!

Ken might be able to pull this off even if he doesnt have a shikai. Wont be as flashy as the other captains but then again Noitora is numero 6.
If Ken had a release Gaten kyoukotsu would fit him best (Lazy captain's release). It just looks like a good berserker weapon.

hayateblitz
February 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
have i mentioned that the best thing in this arc is kenpachi? XDD bwhahaha. and it seems like orihime has this sekrit power o.o hmmhmm. i'm guessing in the next chapter, kubo will show us more kenpachi kicking ass! :D (yesh, i'm gonna ignore all these kenpachi-is-going-to-lose cliff hangers now :P).

and yikes! 6 arms!! i hope that's the the end of his hand growth spurt, cuz he's already going over the 6 limbs per insect limit >.>

@ toby_temple, i love ur sig! XD

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 07:35 PM
Just read the new chapter, it was pretty Good, we saw something from mostly all the character in that area. Was great to see Yachiru again and act childlike and making comments about Ken's power and mannerism's, Orihime's power is supposedly growing and shocks Ichigo, that was some great news. Nnoi's getting more arms doesn't seem that big of an ability but hopefully he will show how deadly he is with two more arms, next chapter. :)

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 08:07 PM
Just read the new chapter, it was pretty Good, we saw something from mostly all the character in that area. Was great to see Yachiru again and act childlike and making comments about Ken's power and mannerism's, Orihime's power is supposedly growing and shocks Ichigo, that was some great news. Nnoi's getting more arms doesn't seem that big of an ability but hopefully he will show how deadly he is with two more arms, next chapter. :)

i think this was overall good chapter as well
you pretty much summarize i was about to say
but anyways Nnoi YOU HAVE MORE ARMS!

gigantor21
February 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Anyone else think that was a totally random spot to end the chapter? It was a nice feint, but not dramatic enough to warrant the last page. It should've gone a bit longer IMO.

squidbreath
February 15, 2008, 08:42 PM
How many arms does Noitora have anyway? ...

so what if if he ran outta space on he sides for growing arms lol

hyn_pride93
February 15, 2008, 08:57 PM
i think that Noi really needed all those arms because he would have never been able to slice up Ken without the help of the extra limbs.

achoy
February 15, 2008, 09:03 PM
can Ken regenerate his wounds faster? I mean kinda looks like that way.

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 09:31 PM
can Ken regenerate his wounds faster? I mean kinda looks like that way.

i think so or its due to that he likes being cut up and he doesnt care

hyn_pride93
February 15, 2008, 09:46 PM
if Ken can regenerate then he wouldnt need to ask his zanpaktou for help. i dont think that he can. i think that the reason that Ken likes to be cut up is so that he can test the limits of his strength and become more powerful than he was in the last fight.

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
I don't think Ken can regenerate his wounds, I think he like other shinigami's has a high tolerance for pain. Look at the other Shinigami fights, Renji got mutilated by Byakuya's bankai but was still able to move, and Ken had the same done to him numerous times during the Ichigo fight. :)

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 10:08 PM
I don't think Ken can regenerate his wounds, I think he like other shinigami's has a high tolerance for pain. Look at the other Shinigami fights, Renji got mutilated by Byakuya's bankai but was still able to move, and Ken had the same done to him numerous times during the Ichigo fight. :)

Its also been said that Shinigami could handle a lot wounds than a human can
so explains a little about both Renji and Kenpachi

but everyone knows Renjis will and Kenpachi bloodlust is the reason why

Tsukisama
February 15, 2008, 11:43 PM
I am a little disappointed that we did not get to see Nel in this chapter. We finally get to see Yachiru, and we also see evidence of Orihime's power growing, but no Nel. I suppose we will have to wait a little longer to know what form she's in now that Orihime is done healing her.

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 11:45 PM
I am a little disappointed that we did not get to see Nel in this chapter. We finally get to see Yachiru, and we also see evidence of Orihime's power growing, but no Nel. I suppose we will have to wait a little longer to know what form she's in now that Orihime is done healing her.

Me as well, I am bursting with anticipation to what form will she take when we finally see her. Personally I want the adult form, since she can actually help Ichigo and others, instead of just mispronouncing words and crying, but with that said, her child form is something that I have adored from the start. :)

Tsukisama
February 16, 2008, 12:03 AM
Me as well, I am bursting with anticipation to what form will she take when we finally see her. Personally I want the adult form, since she can actually help Ichigo and others, instead of just mispronouncing words and crying, but with that said, her child form is something that I have adored from the start. :)

I think that we will probably end up with Nel in her child form. Just speculating, but I would imagine healing (or fate-rejecting) Nel back to before Nnoi and Szayel inflicted their wound on her would take longer than Orihime probably did since she more than likely wanted to hurry healing Nel's immediate injuries so that she could begin healing Ichigo. I think Nel regaining her adult form is something that Nel may have to do on her own, which might be better since it gives her character some room for development and growth.

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 12:07 AM
Well the whole reason why she became a child was cuz the mask was broken and her power leaked out, so if Orihime healed her the right way, then likely the mask is restored and we might see her in full power and in her adult form. :)

Tsukisama
February 16, 2008, 12:16 AM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but given the popularity of young Nel and the interesting dynamic of having a young child with a crush spontaneously turn into a full grown woman with the same mentality of her childlike state, it would make for more interesting character development to leave Nel as a child for a while longer.

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 12:22 AM
I don't think Nell has a childlike mentality when she is an adult, she was acting pretty mature except during the moments with Ichigo. She was practically someone who was matured and grown during her fight with Nnoi, and when she exchanged words with him. :)

black_crow
February 16, 2008, 12:25 AM
I wonder if Nell will join their side officially after this arc is over. That might give soul society a power boost for the upcoming war-battle.
i kinda wish that Kenpachi's fight would end already. I mean they have pulled out every last attack or power up to draw it out for weeks.
I hope Kenpachi will finish it quickl next week~

Tsukisama
February 16, 2008, 12:32 AM
I don't think Nell has a childlike mentality when she is an adult, she was acting pretty mature except during the moments with Ichigo. She was practically someone who was matured and grown during her fight with Nnoi, and when she exchanged words with him. :)

I meant in regards to her feelings towards Ichigo. Being an adult except in her relationship with Ichigo is what makes it so much more interesting.

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 12:37 AM
I meant in regards to her feelings towards Ichigo. Being an adult except in her relationship with Ichigo is what makes it so much more interesting.

Oh, well when you put it that way, yes her mannerism's when around Ichigo is what's fun to watch and read. It would be kinda confounding if she acts adult everywhere except around Ichigo. :)

Tsukisama
February 16, 2008, 12:40 AM
Oh, well when you put it that way, yes her mannerism's when around Ichigo is what's fun to watch and read. It would be kinda confounding if she acts adult everywhere except around Ichigo. :)

Confounding quirks like this are what make characters more endearing, hilarious, and special. Plus, Nel's childish attraction to Ichigo makes her an interesting addition to Ichigo's growing harem.

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 12:49 AM
Confounding quirks like this are what make characters more endearing, hilarious, and special. Plus, Nel's childish attraction to Ichigo makes her an interesting addition to Ichigo's growing harem.

Well can't dissent with you there, but she is not like the others that are part of Ichigo's swarm of women. If she is a child, she will never be looked as Orihime, Rukia or even Tatsuki, she will basically be someone who has a childlike crush. :)

Danre
February 16, 2008, 12:56 AM
Kenpachi's "tolerance for pain" is getting a bit ridiculous.

I just read through the fight he had with Ichigo, just to double check what kind of damage he took back then. A few minor scratches, and a fairly deep wound on each shoulder. That's it. The shoulder wounds didn't even look as deep as the initial impaling Nnoitra gave Kenpachi before releasing.

Now he's damn near split Kenpachi in half AND impaled him fully through the stomach. Even people saying "Lol, Kenpachi is just really tough!" have to admit that he's taken infinitely more damage than he took against Ichigo. If nothing else, he should be bleeding to death within the next few minutes (Except that wounds don't seem to bleed after a few panels in Bleach. If you look at Kenpachi's massive chest wound this chapter, it's not even bleeding by the end.)

At this point, Kenpachi pretty much has to get bankai. And even with bankai, it will be a stretch for him to pull through and kill Nnoitra, given that he SHOULD be half dead by now, not smirking and making smartass remarks about how weak Nnoitra is.

YJiang
February 16, 2008, 01:18 AM
I wonder if Nell will join their side officially after this arc is over. That might give soul society a power boost for the upcoming war-battle.
i kinda wish that Kenpachi's fight would end already. I mean they have pulled out every last attack or power up to draw it out for weeks.
I hope Kenpachi will finish it quickl next week~

You must not know who Szayel is.

XD

RaZe
February 16, 2008, 01:33 AM
Kenpachi's "tolerance for pain" is getting a bit ridiculous.

I just read through the fight he had with Ichigo, just to double check what kind of damage he took back then. A few minor scratches, and a fairly deep wound on each shoulder. That's it. The shoulder wounds didn't even look as deep as the initial impaling Nnoitra gave Kenpachi before releasing.

Now he's damn near split Kenpachi in half AND impaled him fully through the stomach. Even people saying "Lol, Kenpachi is just really tough!" have to admit that he's taken infinitely more damage than he took against Ichigo. If nothing else, he should be bleeding to death within the next few minutes (Except that wounds don't seem to bleed after a few panels in Bleach. If you look at Kenpachi's massive chest wound this chapter, it's not even bleeding by the end.)

At this point, Kenpachi pretty much has to get bankai. And even with bankai, it will be a stretch for him to pull through and kill Nnoitra, given that he SHOULD be half dead by now, not smirking and making smartass remarks about how weak Nnoitra is.
remember he took alot of punishment fghting tousen too, which included being stabbed through and through by his sword.

as for healing, ichigo healed himself repeatedly while fighting ken, can't see why ken wouldn't be able to do the same.

achoy
February 16, 2008, 01:40 AM
This fight looks like a fight between two Espadas, by the way Kenpachi fights and using only his hands to take him down and his cero. Ever wonder is he has a hollow side just like Ichigo...

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 02:01 AM
as for healing, ichigo healed himself repeatedly while fighting ken, can't see why ken wouldn't be able to do the same.

When did ichigo heal himself, I must have missed that. Are you talking about when his bleeding in his chest had stopped, that was something that zangetsu did, not ichigo. Ichigo was greatly healed by yoruichi after the kenpachi fight. :)

Danre
February 16, 2008, 02:21 AM
remember he took alot of punishment fghting tousen too, which included being stabbed through and through by his sword.

I think people tend to remember there being a lot more to earlier fights with Kenpachi. Go back and reread the Tousen fight, you'll see he took nowhere near the amount of punishment currently being doled out.

Chapter 139, Tousen's shikai cuts him on the very ends of his shoulders. 146 he's cut once more at the very end of his shoulder, and in 147 I count two very shallow cuts and the one impalement through his side. That's all that happened, a few cuts and stabbed a couple times in places that aren't as important.

As for Ichigo, he healed once. And I think Zangetsu just stopped the bleeding (I'm not sure there, but I'm 90% sure.) and didn't actually heal the wound and so forth. I suppose that would happen if Kenpachi hit bankai, and I wouldn't complain. But as I said, I can't see him logically beating Nnoitra without a release by now.

Rechar
February 16, 2008, 04:05 AM
...But as I said, I can't see him logically beating Nnoitra without a release by now.

He's already sliced off one of Nnoitra's arms in his released state, so he can hurty him and doesn't really need to get any stronger. Just like against Tousen he needs to think up a decent strategy, which is something Kenpachi does almost instinctively.

I enjoyed the chapter, especially the Pantomime "He's behind you" moment from Yachiru.

gold349
February 16, 2008, 05:07 AM
He's already sliced off one of Nnoitra's arms in his released state, so he can hurty him and doesn't really need to get any stronger. Just like against Tousen he needs to think up a decent strategy, which is something Kenpachi does almost instinctively.

I enjoyed the chapter, especially the Pantomime "He's behind you" moment from Yachiru.

Agreed, that was an ace moment, but Ken is being demolished, even though he's managed to lope of one of his arms in released state and Kens own rietsu has increased from removing eye patch he still needs some way of restraining Nnoitora's arms, no point in keep cutting them off if they re grow

hollowdemon
February 16, 2008, 08:03 AM
im a bit out of date since i havent been on lately but anybody figured out what exactly is kenpachis move that snuck up behind nnoitra ?? and i KNEW it would be somewhat of a skull type attack that kenpachi would have and that probably would be a sign of his bankai-esque type of release.
yachiru is just chillin so im guessin shes still a force to be reckoned with but not against nnoitra though id say MAYBE if a fraccion decides to step down :D

Mrai
February 16, 2008, 10:47 AM
This chapter was great. Next chapter we'll surely have Kenpachi learning the Zanpakutou name, cause he keeps getting owned.

By the way, we're forgetting Ulquiorra here. As soon as this battle ends he's gonna come out and battle Ichigo. I hope Ichigo loses(this is not gonna happen). And I fear what the top 3 can do since Ulquiorra is so strong and block Hollow Ichigo with his hand without going into his released form.

OhDearMoshe
February 16, 2008, 11:19 AM
I actually think Kenpachi will loose this. It would be a good twist because nobody would see it coming. It would also be a nice pace to see a big player get taken out of the game too. As cool and interesting as it would be I really don't think Ken's going to get any stronger or get anything new, hes fleshed out as much as he can be.

Well I could be wrong =/

hollowdemon
February 16, 2008, 12:12 PM
kenpachi dead?
wow thats one character i really didnt expect to be taken out .... i would be in favor of renji to die rather than kenpachi simply because hes a bad ass character not a fan favorite base type of character that he receives.
He would be close to death like his fight with ichigo or probably actually .... die :oh
cuz in the end of the chapter it looks like it might be the end of good ol kenny .... but im sure yachiru wont allow that since we might see a beast of yachiru released if he does die :D

Lord_Fuzzy
February 16, 2008, 03:52 PM
Kenpachi needs to do something his current hack and slash isn't getting him anywere. Maybe he will learn his zanpakto's name. Here's a prediction kenpachi goes one more round with nnoitra gets beaten down again and stays down for a bit as before nnoitra goes for yachuri she shows us what it really takes to be the second strongest in the strongest division i wouldn't be surprised if shes near kenpachi's equal since even ikkaku is scared of her (theres gotta be a reason other than shes the VC) things go even for a minute then she takes a good hit. nnoitra laughs and goes for a foot stop then all we see is a burst of reatsu he turns to see kenpachi completely covered in reatsu chapter ends with kenpachi calling his swords name something like cleave in to mega ax (lol).

also I'm sure its been suggested before but nnoitra seems more and more to be a based level VL He's shown rapid regeneration and a multistage release grimmjow had neather of those and we know he is a adjucha could his claim to be the strongest stem from being the first arrancarr to evole from adjucha to VL?

February 16, 2008, 04:56 PM
While everyone seems to be all hyper about Ken-chan, for me most interesting part of this chapter was revelationthat Hime can TRAP targets in her 2-point "shield"-healing field (rejector of events). That means, she actually CAN reject someone completely, even if it takes a lot of time, as target will not be able to leave rekjection area...

im a bit out of date since i havent been on lately but anybody figured out what exactly is kenpachis move that snuck up behind nnoitra ?? and i KNEW it would be somewhat of a skull type attack that kenpachi would have and that probably would be a sign of his bankai-esque type of release.
yachiru is just chillin so im guessin shes still a force to be reckoned with but not against nnoitra though id say MAYBE if a fraccion decides to step down :DHonestly, that skull thing was his reiatsu full-out, like in the end of Ichigo-Ken fight. And he was behind Noitra from the very moment Nnoi turrned around to go after Yachiru. And isn't Nnoi's fraccion dead already?

gold349
February 16, 2008, 05:29 PM
This chapter was great. Next chapter we'll surely have Kenpachi learning the Zanpakutou name, cause he keeps getting owned.

By the way, we're forgetting Ulquiorra here. As soon as this battle ends he's gonna come out and battle Ichigo. I hope Ichigo loses(this is not gonna happen). And I fear what the top 3 can do since Ulquiorra is so strong and block Hollow Ichigo with his hand without going into his released form.

Great point I forgot that.

The power of Nnoitora don't even compare to Ulquiora, supposedly from one espada to the next, the power levels are vast. Hollow Ichigo fresh could fight Nnoitora released, maybe on equal footing. He only had trouble with number six, when he scared Orihime with his mask and didn't fight properly, I doubt he would have let Grimmjow beat him around like that other wise.

This chapter had everything in it from action, blood and comedy and that is what made it great. Big Ken is getting owned left right and center, it would be realistic to say that he will only win and make in roads on Nnoitora if he was to go from pseudo shiki to real. yachiro was more concerned for Ken at one time more than her own safety, she must have some serious powers, not that she could stand up to Nnoitora. I still think that Ken can fight, he will go from being happy to being mad like Yachiru said that will give him that extra boost but we have seen the espada have a specail technique ability like Grimmjows last attack and Zomari's loads of eyes (sorry can not remember the names) and Szaels Gabriel, that I think Ken will have to go shiki to deal with.

Jimbob DeSantos VI
February 16, 2008, 06:27 PM
Well, Noitora hasn't really shown any of his true powers yet other than growing a few more limbs, I wonder what his limit is?

but yeh if Kenpachi doesn't have some sort of genious battle strategy or bankai or someone jumping in and lending a hand , then Kenpachi is done for :(

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 07:35 PM
Kenpachi can think when he has to, he figured out how to defeat Tousen's bankai, and that will likely happen again during this fight, except I hope that he needs his mastered shikai to defeat Nnoi, cuz if he does defeat Nnoi without even using his swords abilities, then I would say that is making Kenpachi overly powerful. :)

Xineohp Erif
February 16, 2008, 07:44 PM
I know you're all caught up in this whole Kenpachi discussion, but I have a question...

Do you think Orihime will play any major roles in the future? Especially now that we've gotten a glimpse of her increasing power with her shield.

Also, Nnoitora said that no one can cut his skin, well Orihime's offensive attack which escapes my mind can cut through anything should she put a killing/aggressive intent in it. Do you think she might play a role against one of the Espada or Nnoitora should Kenpachi fail?

Sorry if this sounds all silly, but I have a feeling there might just be a twist regarding Orihime... I mean she's gotten kidnapped, but I feel like they're going to do something with her. Aizen hasn't used her yet to restore the Hougyoku nor has she tried to reject it's existence, and she hasn't been obviously rescued yet.

Tsukisama
February 16, 2008, 08:05 PM
I know you're all caught up in this whole Kenpachi discussion, but I have a question...

Do you think Orihime will play any major roles in the future? Especially now that we've gotten a glimpse of her increasing power with her shield.

Also, Nnoitora said that no one can cut his skin, well Orihime's offensive attack which escapes my mind can cut through anything should she put a killing/aggressive intent in it. Do you think she might play a role against one of the Espada or Nnoitora should Kenpachi fail?

Sorry if this sounds all silly, but I have a feeling there might just be a twist regarding Orihime... I mean she's gotten kidnapped, but I feel like they're going to do something with her. Aizen hasn't used her yet to restore the Hougyoku nor has she tried to reject it's existence, and she hasn't been obviously rescued yet.

Firstly, welcome to MH, Xineohp Erif. :hbunny

Orihime definitely will play a major role in the future. She is arguably the leading female in Bleach (a title that she has battled Rukia for throughout the story :amuse). Her Koten Zanshun is theorized to be a very powerful attack when the proper willpower is put behind it, but the true extent of its power is unknown. (Even if Orihime got really mad at Aizen, wanting to kill him, I am not sure that she could, but maybe.)

Orihime's increasing powers will have some effect on the storyline, and maybe she might even kill an espada, although I think it is pretty unlikely for her and the only one with whom she has had enough interaction to merit her being the killer is Ulquiorra, but I think his death will more likely be at Ichigo's hands. Orihime, however, has IMO a less than 1% chance of being the killer of Nnoitora.

Orihime's mysterious powers have been slowly (very slowly) developed, and it would be sinful for Kubo to not have them play an integral role in the future plot of Bleach, but to see her true value in the story, I think we will have to wait a bit longer to see just what Kubo has planned for her to do.

Xineohp Erif
February 16, 2008, 08:17 PM
Firstly, welcome to MH, Xineohp Erif. :hbunny

Orihime definitely will play a major role in the future. She is arguably the leading female in Bleach (a title that she has battled Rukia for throughout the story :amuse). Her Koten Zanshun is theorized to be a very powerful attack when the proper willpower is put behind it, but the true extent of its power is unknown. (Even if Orihime got really mad at Aizen, wanting to kill him, I am not sure that she could, but maybe.)

Orihime's increasing powers will have some effect on the storyline, and maybe she might even kill an espada, although I think it is pretty unlikely for her and the only one with whom she has had enough interaction to merit her being the killer is Ulquiorra, but I think his death will more likely be at Ichigo's hands. Orihime, however, has IMO a less than 1% chance of being the killer of Nnoitora.

Orihime's mysterious powers have been slowly (very slowly) developed, and it would be sinful for Kubo to not have them play an integral role in the future plot of Bleach, but to see her true value in the story, I think we will have to wait a bit longer to see just what Kubo has planned for her to do.
Thank you, haha. :amuse

Because so far she's been hanging there and it seems like she's growing stronger in the shadows or more subtly you could say and I wonder what this is building up to. Because everyone who has received an "upgrade" has put it to use. So it just makes me wonder, haha.

I guess we do have to wait a little longer. :3

gigantor21
February 16, 2008, 09:03 PM
Because so far she's been hanging there and it seems like she's growing stronger in the shadows or more subtly you could say and I wonder what this is building up to. Because everyone who has received an "upgrade" has put it to use. So it just makes me wonder, haha.

I guess we do have to wait a little longer. :3

Don't forget Chad. Every time he gets a power-up, he gets owned right after he uses it. So there are no guarantees. :p

Then again, Orihime is a special case, so who knows?

hollowdemon
February 16, 2008, 09:07 PM
Honestly, that skull thing was his reiatsu full-out, like in the end of Ichigo-Ken fight. And he was behind Noitra from the very moment Nnoi turrned around to go after Yachiru. And isn't Nnoi's fraccion dead already?

i wasnt mentioning to tessa i was actually referring to halibels fraccion but then again that doesnt sound to plausible since only way they would step down is if halibel does so thats out of the question.
my only question is so far the release of nnoitra is a horned-many arms growing type of release. Personally i think that sucked but im glad we didnt see another disgusting image like aaronieros release (ok yes he was a gillian) but to see him still take a human form was a bit relieving too only thing is 310 and 309 seems awfully similar :D

TheChosenOne
February 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
Don't forget Chad. Every time he gets a power-up, he gets owned right after he uses it. So there are no guarantees. :p

That just sad, Chad never gets a break, in every arc he just has to get an unfair fight and pawned the next moment. Hope the coming arc will have a change of luck for him. :amuse

hollowdemon
February 16, 2008, 09:42 PM
most definitely especially ever since we saw him getting healed by unohana thats about all we saw him after he was pwned by nnoitra.
ishida already had his share of poweful boost moments but i really hope that chad will receive more and longer air times when he gets another power boost or when he decides to fight again instead of looking like hes in the way

pcxxy
February 16, 2008, 11:19 PM
meh, that nochiro guy just morphed from a beetle into a spider... is that even possible? ;p

llamapie
February 17, 2008, 05:56 AM
Chad has reached damn near a captain's level, he's at least vice-captain. His speed, power and defense have all increased with his new found powers. And judging by how they progress my guess is that he will eventually have his whole body covered in a special armor like his arms. At that point he should be capable of tasseling with anyone. I've also wondered, when a living person dies, they go to Soul Society. Its there that they may become Shinigami. So if Chad ever dies, won't he have a crazy amount of power already? I wonder what his sword will look like :P.

hollowdemon
February 17, 2008, 09:58 AM
.... well we had that type of discussion about orihime but its crazy for chad to be a shinigami and have some powerful zanpaktou.
Only time chad looked like he had good speed was when he had el diablo but other than that i dont think he has really mastered his skills and abilities just yet since gattenbein revealed that hes just pure power and no speed.
if he probably practice more he most definitely will be stronger.

for nnoitra i guess its good to have him finally seeing that an espada to have the upperhand than the pattern we've been seeing the other captains to take down each of the espadas they've been fighting. But its a matter of time til' nnoitra gets taken out by kenpachi or maybe even someone else who knows :D

Tsukisama
February 17, 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm hoping that with all the new arrancar buddies (Nel, Gantenbeinn, Grimmjow) someone will help Chad realize his potential and learn to use techniques like sonido.

I'm also pleased to see that the recent trend of captains outright overpowering espada has ended, but Nnoitora is fated to lose eventually. Hopefully, this fight is not protracted for another month. By April, I want this to be over and done.

omniscientone
February 17, 2008, 01:46 PM
Or maybe this is the perfect time for Kenpachi to find his sword's name, as Ichigo did the same in the fight against Kenpachi when he was getting slapped around (if memory serves correctly)

llamapie
February 17, 2008, 04:09 PM
Or maybe this is the perfect time for Kenpachi to find his sword's name, as Ichigo did the same in the fight against Kenpachi when he was getting slapped around (if memory serves correctly)

No, Ichigo knew his swords name, what he achieved in the Kenpachi battle was the ability to listen and respect his sword as an equal. Kenpachi doesn't even know the name of his blade.

Like Ichigo after he regained his powered his sword was in constant release, but he didn't find out the name until he asked his blade. Its the same case with kenpachi, his power would be humongous if and when his blade speaks to him.

TheChosenOne
February 17, 2008, 04:59 PM
No, Ichigo knew his swords name, what he achieved in the Kenpachi battle was the ability to listen and respect his sword as an equal. Kenpachi doesn't even know the name of his blade.

Well he could have learned the sword's name during the hiatus between the SS arc and HM arc. Ken did say that he will use his sword on Nnoi to show his power, so it's likely that we might see something new from his sword after all. :)