PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 389 Discussions [Naruto]

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Hockeychaoz
February 12, 2008, 11:06 PM
after all akatsuki die, that mean naruto end or they will start with a new enemy

The thing about Naruto is this:

In animes like DBZ, they had the whole thing where the universe was infinite, so they could introduce characters that were stronger and stronger, and you were like... "Yeah thats okay I guess. They just didn't know about them because they were so far away."

In an anime like Naruto, everyone is on earth. You can't just introduce stronger villians after they just killed the strongest villian because otherwise, they would have known about him already. Especially with the 5 countries.
I think after Akatsuku, Naruto will be done.

I hope that made some sense.
I just can't see Naruto going on after Pein and Madara are dead.

Maybe they could do a arc on 7 swordsman of the mist.

rocklee87
February 13, 2008, 01:37 AM
Well look at the movie, they know about people on their island only.....anyway im getting tired of this fight and i want to see kisame fight

avantasian
February 13, 2008, 06:46 AM
The thing about Naruto is this:
Maybe they could do a arc on 7 swordsman of the mist.

Yeah thats bugs me since they were mentioned! I wanna see who these 7 are,well actually the other 5! they must be pretty strong!

At least they could act as mesurements of the main characters power levels.

mizu172
February 13, 2008, 06:48 AM
sakura will come to save the world lol

avantasian
February 13, 2008, 07:06 AM
lol!i hope she finally does something!the only usefull thing she has done so far is fight Sasori

ManyHack
February 13, 2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah thats bugs me since they were mentioned! I wanna see who these 7 are,well actually the other 5! they must be pretty strong!

I don't care about the Uchihas...
gimme the 7 swordsman of the Myst.

They could also add fillers with Suigetsu.

Shinsatsu
February 13, 2008, 10:28 AM
Nah! they are weak... maybe Kisame, he is an akatsuki ...

avantasian
February 13, 2008, 10:56 AM
Nah! they are weak... maybe Kisame, he is an akatsuki ...

The fact that Kisame is in Akatsumi doesnt mean that he is the strongest out of the 7!

He is stronger than Zabuza was but there may be others more powerfull than him.

avantasian
February 13, 2008, 11:18 AM
ehhh???I dont understand where u see the contradiction!

I said that bcoz he is in Akatsuki doesnt make him the stronger swordman out of the 7!
He is stronger that zabuza was (the 2nd swordman we know) but the other 5 may as well be stronger than Kisame!

Where is the contradiction?Maybe u didnt read it well

Oh sorry!my bad! I wanted to say doesnt not does!apologies

gold349
February 13, 2008, 11:38 AM
The fact that Kisame is in Akatsumi doesnt mean that he is the strongest out of the 7!

ehhh???I dont understand where u see the contradiction!

I said that bcoz he is in Akatsuki doesnt make him the stronger swordman out of the 7!
He is stronger that zabuza was (the 2nd swordman we know) but the other 5 may as well be stronger than Kisame!

Where is the contradiction?Maybe u didnt read it well

Oh sorry!my bad! I wanted to say doesnt not does!apologies

doesn't matter I deleted that post but, you pointed it out, anyway forget it.

khar2
February 13, 2008, 05:52 PM
come on people why are you so sasuke this sasuke that, he isnt my favorite but you must admit that naruto is also blown out
come on remember that think with kakazu and hiden(don't remember how to spell), narut finished move that even 4th couldn't, and then he killed ak member, and to be on the good side kakashi was geting his ass kicked and waiting naruto to come and save the day ( we all wait for naruto he has some uber powerful jutsu) even itachi and kisame were running from konoha couse they didnt want to face them all at once but most importantly in this battle, they all were waiting naruto to save the day....

i am not critic... i want to say i didnt see anyone bitcing about that , but i see most people bitcing about everything sasuke does, use some NEUTRAL ground, dont go "i hate this character he must die, or be uber weak couse i dont like him:mad:mad"

BE HAPPY AND READ AND ADMIRE SOME GOOD ART WORK!!!

thx to all translators that keep us updated, and the ones that make scans.... :) LIVE LONG:p

Alex_1
February 13, 2008, 05:54 PM

The anime actually mentioned another swordsman named Raiga. He was probably better remembered for wearing lipstick, however. ;) Still, he was in one of the arcs and his swords had an affinity for electricity and he used the bloodline limit (that was similar to the Byakugan) of a disabled boy named Ranmaru whom he carried on his back, for battle. It was in one of the filler arcs before Shippuden.

TheChosenOne
February 13, 2008, 07:17 PM

Well it could mean that he is the strongest, since if Akatsuki drafted him like they did with deidara, Kisame could have been pursued cuz he is the strongest of the mist. But it could also mean that he had something that Akatsuki needed. :)

Saifi
February 13, 2008, 07:25 PM
or maybe akatsuki didnt get around to finding any other Swordsmen of the mist

TheChosenOne
February 13, 2008, 07:39 PM
or maybe akatsuki didnt get around to finding any other Swordsmen of the mist

I don't see Akatsuki settling for some ninja that they didn't want. If they want someone to join their organization, they will force the person if they have to. So considering the length that they will go to, I don't think Akatsuki would just let Kisame join cuz there couldn't find the other swordsmen, unless they were really desperate. :)

FinalHokage
February 13, 2008, 07:40 PM
I am putting together my predictions...here are some spoliers of my predictions (it takes time to type, and add links)

1.- Sasuke has the Mangekyou Sharingan. (it will make sense when I add some links)

2.- Sasuke is using the white snake power to fight Itachi's MS. (I will make sense too)

3.- and to answer the question WHO DID SASUKE KILL TO OBTAIN HIS VERSION OF MS?
The ANSWER IS : OROCHIMARU.

To portrait my reasonings It takes so much time because I want to show proof, here is some spoiler of my prediction :

THOSE THESE EYES LOOK FAMILIAR
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/346/02/

it happened right after he killed orochimaru.

ITACHI VS SASUKE is been MS vs MS (Sasuke version) SINCE DE BEGINNING.

MAKES SENSE SINCE SASUKE SAID HE WILL OBTAIN MS. HIS OWN WAY. WITHOUT KILLING NARUTO.

MORE ON THIS LATER.

KnuckleheadedNinja
February 13, 2008, 07:50 PM
i think kisame is main in the Akatsuki because of his charka pool. It makes sense because they need a huge amount of charka to seal the bijuus. And beside why will the other swordman want to join the akatsuki unless they are bad guys

Decorus
February 13, 2008, 09:37 PM
My rebuttal

1. Sasuke does not have MS, he has absolutely no interest in obtaining MS.
2. Sasuke is using his plain ordinary regular sharingan to kick the crap out of Itachi, because his plain ordinary sharingan are just that much better then Itachi's nearly blind MS.
3. Sasuke has yet to kill anyone, Orochimaru just got imprisoned somewhere in Sasuke's mind.

There are people who are obsessed with this concept that MS is OMG Haxxors and you can't beat MS with out having MS. That has been blatently proven false since we know the 1st Hokage does not have MS or even Sharingan.

MS is just another series of techniques that have been proven to be just as beatable as every other technique we have seen in the Manga.

honest_hypocrite
February 13, 2008, 11:50 PM
Not to mention Gai's fighting style. We haven't really seen him in action against a sharingan. But he seemed pretty sure of himself about fighting one.

gold349
February 14, 2008, 05:14 AM
Not to mention Gai's fighting style. We haven't really seen him in action against a sharingan. But he seemed pretty sure of himself about fighting one.

I think even Gai would have problems, true he can watch the feet and move accordingly but what if he's looking at the feet and the person points his finger at him?

Mische
February 14, 2008, 07:14 AM
I am putting together my predictions...here are some spoliers of my predictions (it takes time to type, and add links)

1.- Sasuke has the Mangekyou Sharingan. (it will make sense when I add some links)

THOSE THESE EYES LOOK FAMILIAR
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/346/02/

it happened right after he killed orochimaru.

ITACHI VS SASUKE is been MS vs MS (Sasuke version) SINCE DE BEGINNING.

No, thats not The MS at all! Its his normal Sharingan. This is how the MS looks like (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/06/)!
As you can see on the pic there are two different forms of the MS. The one on the left is the one that itachi is using! I wonder if the other one is Amaretsu. Also it could be that the 2 brothers have two different Mangekyo sharingans!
That would mean that Sasuke could develop the one that Madara used to have!?
It makes even more sense since his eye, after taking his brothers, changed (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/08/) again (left bottom of page)!
It looks like a mix out of the first two!

I predict that for the manga after this weeks that Sasuke will be close to death and then we will see flashbacks which will leed to him gathering all his power and eather developing the MS himself or coming up with a new powerfull jutsu that can take on Amaretsu (although after taking a whole chapter only on awakaning Amaretsu it should be shocking enough to not just be beaten by some cheap jutsu Oro. told him! Eather he gets MS or he comes up with something really big.
Then Itachi will eather flee or be defeated. I would say that it would fit if Sasuke took his brothers eyes himself and leaves him alive! That would actually be the best possible end in my eyes since it would be worse than dying for Itachi (as the Uchiha´s give so much on their eyes and he would have to live with the shame)

Shinsatsu
February 14, 2008, 09:41 AM

Zabuza, the lightning freak that sasuke and naruto took out in the race ..., and the two blades bastard with that child are three dead members. (I don't remember their names).
as for kisame he is the fourth.
three left. I don't think they are stronger than Kisame. If so, the akatsuki would've chosen one of them instead of him because they are all evil people.

Decorus
February 14, 2008, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty sure if Itachi can generate genjutsu with a finger he can do the same thing with a toe or even a foot.

ManyHack
February 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure if Itachi can generate genjutsu with a finger he can do the same thing with a toe or even a foot.

Well i imagine as long he as is target focus on something... he can trap him.

Shinsatsu
February 14, 2008, 11:19 AM
yes, he just have to focus on someone to trap him in genjutsu. he uses a part of his body to activate it: a toe or a hand. no matter what he used, the genjutsu will be the same.
I think that we are done with genjutsu in this fight, because it was proven that it's useless against Sasuke.
Itachi always uses genjutsu in his fight because he thinks that it's the easiest way to win and getting out without a scratch, he is now forced to use taijutsu and ninjutsu. in other words: he will fight for real. That's why he is going to use Amateratsu! he likes to finish things quickly.

khar2
February 14, 2008, 12:10 PM
No, thats not The MS at all! Its his normal Sharingan. This is how the MS looks like (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/06/)!
As you can see on the pic there are two different forms of the MS. The one on the left is the one that itachi is using! I wonder if the other one is Amaretsu. Also it could be that the 2 brothers have two different Mangekyo sharingans!
That would mean that Sasuke could develop the one that Madara used to have!?
It makes even more sense since his eye, after taking his brothers, changed (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/08/) again (left bottom of page)!
It looks like a mix out of the first two!

I predict that for the manga after this weeks that Sasuke will be close to death and then we will see flashbacks which will leed to him gathering all his power and eather developing the MS himself or coming up with a new powerfull jutsu that can take on Amaretsu (although after taking a whole chapter only on awakaning Amaretsu it should be shocking enough to not just be beaten by some cheap jutsu Oro. told him! Eather he gets MS or he comes up with something really big.
Then Itachi will eather flee or be defeated. I would say that it would fit if Sasuke took his brothers eyes himself and leaves him alive! That would actually be the best possible end in my eyes since it would be worse than dying for Itachi (as the Uchiha´s give so much on their eyes and he would have to live with the shame)
correct me if i am wrong but all 4 MS we saw have different shape, and after madara take brodhers eyes we saw that two sharingan forms merged in one new form
look better at the pictures:s:huh

gold349
February 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
correct me if i am wrong but all 4 MS we saw have different shape, and after madara take brodhers eyes we saw that two sharingan forms merged in one new form

For sure they all seem to have different shape MS Itachi, Madara, Kakashi and Saske both eyes are same shape, not individual shape for individual eye.

I gather that there are three techniques that come with it, Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and I hope Sasnoono (Kakashi's MS). The last name is just assumption, combining two MS eyes gives your eye pupils the shape of the two together. Itachi has hinted, there is an extra ability that comes with EMS. At moment no way to see if its different to what Kakashi has or something completely different as Itachi has not seen Kakashi's and can not say for sure. Supposedly Madara only has it.

coworlando
February 14, 2008, 04:11 PM
Zabuza, the lightning freak that sasuke and naruto took out in the race ..., and the two blades bastard with that child are three dead members. (I don't remember their names).
as for kisame he is the fourth.
three left. I don't think they are stronger than Kisame. If so, the akatsuki would've chosen one of them instead of him because they are all evil people.

Kisame has admited that he is not the strongest of the 7. Chapter 144 Page 9 - he refers to Itachi as #1 of the leaf, and himself as "one of the 7 strongest of the mist."

Mische
February 14, 2008, 04:16 PM

First of all since when does Sasuke and Kakashi have a MS?
Both do not posess it!
when did I say that they are all shaped the same?
Madaras brother has the eyes that looks like a whirlwind(exacly like the one Itachi used to create Tsukuyomi)! On the Pic of the two brothers that i linked too earlier we see Madara has a MS that looks like a circle with white dots in it!
On the last pic of Madara his eyes look like a mixture! Thats why i said it looks like a combination ( what you agreed on by saying they merged!)
If Sasuke would get MS now he would have one of the two shapes of the eyes i would say! Why should his eyes look different from Itachis or Madaras? In his normal state the sharingans also look the same...

Actually i don´t get what you mean! In my eyes everything is as i described it now and earlier! The rest is speculation...

lordHokage
February 15, 2008, 08:59 AM
この勝負 サスケが勝っちまうかもよ
Zetsu2: I guess Sasuke could actually come out the winner.

イヤ… ソレハマダ分カランゾ
Zetsu1: Well... I wouldn't bet on it yet.

I agree with Zetsu 1 that this fight is not over yet. :D

jerger
February 15, 2008, 09:04 AM
on the fire page, i think page 10... doesn't it look like itatchi already has an eyebrow and then a surgery scar near his eye as if he had them replaced already?

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
First of all since when does Sasuke and Kakashi have a MS?
Both do not posess it!
Kakashi has Mangekyou Sharingan. How could you have missed that?

Anyway, did anyone else notice this?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2541/11gl0.jpg

Did they forget to draw Itachi's MS in this picture?
Or was he supposed to have his normal Sharingan during that moment for some reason?

toussaintac
February 15, 2008, 09:18 AM
I think Itachi is going to pull a sasuke and get out of this fight somehow. does anybody know what the next chapter is called?

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 09:31 AM
I agree with Zetsu 1 that this fight is not over yet. :D

Like they say...

It's Not Over 'Till the Fat Lady Sings! :amuse

Sesshoustar
February 15, 2008, 09:31 AM
The fight was fantastic! But for some reason, it also made me feel a little sad. I think it's because of the state Itachi is in. The whole thing cries desperation on his part IMHO. I guess this is a testament of Kishimoto's skill in weaving a good story. :p

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 09:32 AM
I think Itachi is going to pull a sasuke and get out of this fight somehow. does anybody know what the next chapter is called?

Next week: Everlasting flame

toussaintac
February 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
Next week: Everlasting flame

Thanks. I guess that's amaterasu they're talking about. Let's see how Sasuke get's out of this. Maybe it burns his CS2 wing off.

earen
February 15, 2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think it was drawn wrong Alexis. Itachi was probably just tired and turned off MS.
Anyways, Itachi is now fighting half-blind and with one leg. Not to metion he's already crying in blood.
If Amaterasu doen't work (which I bet won't), Itachi is as good as dead.

Toby_Temple
February 15, 2008, 09:48 AM
One leg? When did Itachi lose his leg?

It seems Itachi use-up so much chakra on tsukuyomi. Amaterasu maybe his last chance. . .

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
His leg got hit by Sasuke's shuriken.

Sasuke is fighting really impressively. Orochimaru's training clearly payed off. The shurikens was a nice strategu, even though Itachi would have normally dodged it, it's his own fault for using Tsukuyomi. And having it broken gives credit to Sasuke, damaging his opponent. I was surprised that Sasuke's fire was beating Itachi's though.

But yeah, like I said before, at this rate Sasuke won't even have to do much. Itachi is going to defeat himself. I don't think Amaterasu will kill Sasuke, but perhaps it will wound him. Otherwise Itachi will probably lose.

I always thought that Sasuke would win here, or at least not lose. But Zetsu saying that Sasuke is probably going to win is a bit of a bad sign. But perhaps it was said so that he would take it back when he sees Amaterasu beating Sasuke's flame.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks. I guess that's amaterasu they're talking about. Let's see how Sasuke get's out of this. Maybe it burns his CS2 wing off.

Lets hope... cause they are awful!
[hr]

His leg got hit by Sasuke's shuriken.

He rolled in an axle to evade both.. he never got hit. But the separated blades hit is leg... but it didn't stop him to stand on it.

earen
February 15, 2008, 10:05 AM
I guess that's amaterasu they're talking about. Let's see how Sasuke get's out of this. Maybe it burns his CS2 wing off.

Sasuke definitely has to dodge. Amaterasu will burn of his wings and more... For all we know, Amaterasu might well be the highest level of Fire Jutsu in Naruto. The Only thing that could counter it, if I'm not mistaken is Water Jutsu of the same level (which would be the highest level. What would that be I that look like I wonder???) or Water Jutsu combined with Wind Justsu at both very high levels.

lordHokage
February 15, 2008, 10:13 AM
Like they say...

It's Not Over 'Till the Fat Lady Sings! :amuse

Very true indeed. An overconfident Sasuke feels that he’s sooo powerful that he doesn't need help from no one. I do believe that Itachi is going to make Sasuke wish that had his team by his side. :D

Toby_Temple
February 15, 2008, 10:14 AM
I think breaking the tsukuyomi would result to a backslash against the user so maybe that's why Itachi is significantly weakened.

I think the same thing will happen with Amaterasu. Sasuke would use all his hatred and channel it through his flames and do the unthinkable, defeat Amaterasu!..............nah. Sasuke will lose but will escape while Itachi is encapable of chasing him :p

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
I actually really liked that chapter! I think all of us were, one way or the other, right about something when we looked at this fight. We get to see Sasuke's growth again, and we're getting confirmation of Itachi's over-usage of the MS having grave side-effects.

I'm obviously not a huge Sasuke fan, but I think what the authors are really doing now is showing Sasuke's growth & that he's far surpasses Itachi with the regular sharingan. But what is clear is that Itachi's going blinder as the fight continues, and this might be part of Sasuke's plan. He's had to rely on the MS to keep up with Sasuke - and to be fair, Itachi's battle is a little tougher since he needs to somehow incapacitate Sasuke without damaging his eyes. But... since Sasuke's gotten so much stronger than Itachi thought, it's backfiring on him (no pun intended). The shuriken technique was great - I think it's not just because of the tsukuyomi side-effects that it worked so well, but also because Itachi's blindness is ruining his depth perception as shown. I thought this would happen in the first shuriken.

The Katon part was pretty awesome. Sasuke overpowering Itachi was cool to see. But the Amaterasu & how he gets out of it finally has me excited about seeing the next chapter again. :D Good to finally see Itachi a little beat-up.

bean
February 15, 2008, 10:19 AM
holy shit...that chapter was good...for all the complaining that has been going on, I think that chapter should have made up for it. The only shitty part is that we're seeing itachi actually have a weakness and he's getting hurt...OR ARE WE?! might be a genjutsu all over again.... either way, great stuff.

earen
February 15, 2008, 10:22 AM
I think Sasuke's Katon overpowered Itachi because of his CS.

Alexis
He rolled in an axle to evade both.. he never got hit. But the separated blades hit is leg... but it didn't stop him to stand on it.
Lol, yeah I know that. That's what I meant.

bean
on the page where we see the katons first hit each other, and we see zetsu with his whiteface wincing...what is that on the the panel to the right of zetsu?

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
holy shit...that chapter was good...for all the complaining that has been going on, I think that chapter should have made up for it. The only shitty part is that we're seeing itachi actually have a weakness and he's getting hurt...OR ARE WE?! might be a genjutsu all over again.... either way, great stuff.
Well, since Zetsu seems to be seeing the same thing, it's probably not a genjutsu.
[hr]

on the page where we see the katons first hit each other, and we see zetsu with his whiteface wincing...what is that on the the panel to the right of zetsu?
Yeah I have a hard time making that out as well.

bean
February 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well, since Zetsu seems to be seeing the same thing, it's probably not a genjutsu.

Yeah I have a hard time making that out as well.

funny thing about that is that we see sasuke looking in his direction when he's attacking itachi...his cover has to be blown.

Decorus
February 15, 2008, 10:30 AM
No breaking Tsukiyomi has nothing to do with Itachi being so pathetic, its because he used MS which makes him physically exhausted. This is the weakness of MS if you don't drop your opponent with it, the fight is pretty much over for you. I'd judge that Sasuke might not be as good with Fire jutsu, but Itachi is fighting at below 75% of his actually ability due to MS related exhaustion.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 10:31 AM
funny thing about that is that we see sasuke looking in his direction when he's attacking itachi...his cover has to be blown.
Hmmm.. I don't see it. Which panel/page?

bean
February 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hmmm.. I don't see it. Which panel/page?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/11/

I think kishi did this on purpose.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 10:37 AM
No breaking Tsukiyomi has nothing to do with Itachi being so pathetic, its because he used MS which makes him physically exhausted. This is the weakness of MS if you don't drop your opponent with it, the fight is pretty much over for you. I'd judge that Sasuke might not be as good with Fire jutsu, but Itachi is fighting at below 75% of his actually ability due to MS related exhaustion.
Well Sasuke breaking Tsukuyomi is basically the whole reason why he's still standing. No one (in the story) expected that a regular Sharingan could break the MS Tsukuyomi. So it's not like Itachi really made the wrong move. (Well from our perspective it might be) He was probably sure it was going to work.

Anyway, breaking the jutsu is what left Itachi in this state and still in combat. When Naruto missed his FRS on Kakuzu, he also put himself at risk, and as it turns out, because he failed he was an inch away from getting killed if Kakashi and Yamato didn't step in.
Itachi also put himself at a disadvantage by using this all-or-nothing jutsu that didn't finish off the opponent.

Oh, there he is. lol
Yeah, Sasuke might have seen him now.
Btw I noticed what that strange panel is now.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/12/

Look at the top right on this page.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 10:51 AM

Do you mean this page?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/08/

I think that's the shuriken moving towards Itachi/striking him.

And on this page:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/10/

I think that's a visual of Itachi's injury from the shuriken.

edit: No, now I see! Wow - you've got great eyes, bean. :) I missed that. I don't know - I wonder if that's one of the holes from their battle or previous battles since the hideout looked like it had seen it's fair share of skirmishes? I don't know...

Smudj
February 15, 2008, 10:54 AM
Well,throughout the whole manga itachi was hyped up to be a godlike ninja and since part 2 Sasuke was also hyped up as the one with more talent and stronger eyes than Itachi + he was trained by orochimaru and powered up with the cursed seal.

But when I compare this fight with Pain vs Jiraiya it's on a lower power level.No wonder Itachi and Kisame didn't want to fight Jiraiya.They would probably be dead now:p

I expected more power from both Itachi and Sasuke.But the fight isn't over jet.Who knows,maybe itachi learned another MS technique from Madara,there's still Sasuke's "that jutsu".Maybe after Amaterasu they'll both be worned out and unable to fight.

Maybe if Sasuke defeats Itachi ,Zetsu will interfere to capture a weakened Sasuke and bring him to Madara.Perhaps that was Madara's plan.

bean
February 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
Well Sasuke breaking Tsukuyomi is basically the whole reason why he's still standing. No one (in the story) expected that a regular Sharingan could break the MS Tsukuyomi. So it's not like Itachi really made the wrong move. (Well from our perspective it might be) He was probably sure it was going to work.

Anyway, breaking the jutsu is what left Itachi in this state and still in combat. When Naruto missed his FRS on Kakuzu, he also put himself at risk, and as it turns out, because he failed he was an inch away from getting killed if Kakashi and Yamato didn't step in.
Itachi also put himself at a disadvantage by using this all-or-nothing jutsu that didn't finish off the opponent.

Oh, there he is. lol
Yeah, Sasuke might have seen him now.
Btw I noticed what that strange panel is now.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/12/

Look at the top right on this page.

good find...I thought those structure things were side by side, not one infront of the other. Good job though....that was such a random panel, kishi probably needed to waste some space.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 11:38 AM

referring panel (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/14/)

Well i think its the top view of the building,where our two brothers are blasting each other.

Two pages before that one, second panel... you can see a side view of it.

You can see some gigantic wall and two smaller walls with antennas.

akahigi
February 15, 2008, 11:38 AM
on page 11 how come itachi eyes turned back to the normal sharingan ? is it deliberate or an error ?

bean
February 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
probably a mistake...I didn't even notice that, I'm sure a lot of people didn't notice, kishi and his editors included.
[hr]
I still gotta say that I'm sad/pissed/disappointed/glad to see itachi weak like this. To have him actually be worried about an attack that sasuke is about to do or to get hit by what some people were saying was too basic for this battle (I personally think those are the most effective attacks) makes itachi seem human, and I had him pegged as a god almost...I knew it was all going down hill when kisame was kinda talking shit to him when they (or kisame by himself) took the four tails down.

Huey Freeman
February 15, 2008, 12:00 PM
The thing about the way the battle is going for me is if Sasuke just flat out wins and kills Itachi, then what? Madara? I guess Sasuke could turn his attention to him, get his butt kicked and start the whole I must get stronger thing over again, but that would be so lame.

bean
February 15, 2008, 12:04 PM
The thing about the way the battle is going for me is if Sasuke just flat out wins and kills Itachi, then what? Madara?

probably...he'll probably hit some road blocks ala deidara...like zetsu or kisame

arslan
February 15, 2008, 12:06 PM
@bean
this fight has depicted itachi in a new light. this chapter, however, ended on a high note for itachi. he was able to perform Amaterasu and is on the offense now. What happens in the next chapter is an altogether different story though.:)

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
I have to admit... I've read this encounter up to now while listening to James Brown's "The Big Payback". And it's much more fun/entertaining that way... :D

Sorry for being slightly off topic, but really... dont' these lyrics fit? My favorite's are bolded:

hey! Gotta gotta pay back!! (The big payback)
Revenge!! I'm mad (the big payback)
Got to get back! Need some get back!! Pay Back! (the big payback)
That's it!! Payback!!! Revenge!!!
I'm mad!! (tell me this isn't Sasuke....)

Get down with my girlfriend, That ain't right!!
Hollarin' cussin', you wanna fight
Payback is a thing you gotta see
Brother do any damn thing to me

Sold me out, for chump change (yes you did!!)
Told me that they, they had it all arranged
You handed me down, and thats a fact
Now you're pumped, You gotta get ready For the big payback!! (the big
payback!!)
That's where I am, the big payback (the big payback!!)

I can do wheelin', I can do dealin' (yes you can!!) But I don't do no damn
squealin'
I can dig rappin', I'm ready!! I can dig scrappin'
But I can't dig that backstabbin' (Oh No!!)

The brother get ready!! Thats a fact!!
Get ready you Mother, for the big payback (The big Payback!!)
Let me hit 'em hit'em!! Hey Hey!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Took my money, you got my honey
Don't want me to see what you doing to me
I got to get back I gotta deal with you!! (4xs) Hey let me tell ya!!
Get down with my woman, that ain't right! You hollarin' and cussin', you wanna
fight!!
Don't do me no darn favor,
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!!!! (yes we do!!)

Get ready thats a fact, Get ready you Mother for the big payback (the big
payback!)
Hey!! I'm a man! I'm a man! I'm a son of a man, but don't they tell ya then
hop again
Get ready for the big payback (the big payback!!) Hit 'em again!!
Get ready I need it, I need a hit again!! Say it once (3xs) Hit 'em
again!!
(the big payback!!) Sold me out for chump change
Said my woman had it all arranged
Tryin' to make a deal, she wants to squeal But I had my boys on her heals
Saw me comin', told a lie Went down like you wanted to cry
I don't care what she does, she'll be doin' just like she was
Take your kids and raise them up, Somebody think I have a right to be tough
Take her, take that woman, it's one place she found
Just run that mother out of town!!
Got to get up!! Got to get up, get out!! (2xs)
I'm mad!! I want revenge, I want revenge (the big payback!!) I want revenge
(3xs)
(the big payback!!) Give me those hits!! I want some hits!! I need those
hits, hit me!!
[hr]

@bean
this fight has depicted itachi in a new light. this chapter, however, ended on a high note for itachi. he was able to perform Amaterasu and is on the offense now. What happens in the next chapter is an altogether different story though.:)

I think in the next chapter, we might see the full amaterasu and maybe a flashback of it. I think the battle's now starting to wind down.

bean
February 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
@bean

that's true, but the damage to his character (not his body, but what we though he was) has been done already. Even if itachi wins this fight, it's like he beat up a girl.

arslan
February 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
yup. this fight has made itachi seem pitiful. i was actually feeling sorry for him. i wanted itachi dying in a blaze of glory, severly wounding/nearly killing sasuke. Rather kishimoto depicts him as a pathetic wannabe, which in my opinion was not a good move on kishimoto's part.

gold349
February 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
referring panel (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/14/)

Well i think its the top view of the building,where our two brothers are blasting each other.

Two pages before that one, second panel... you can see a side view of it.

You can see some gigantic wall and two smaller walls with antennas.

Same here, thats what I make too.

Itachi probably hasn't tasted dirt for a very long time, the side effects from Tsukuyomi is taking a lot out of him, he himself said way back that his Tsukuyomi could only be broken by Uchiha with sharingan, Kakashi even mentions his brothers name, he acknowledges Saske's sharingan is ripe and strong enough for him to pick but on the other hand is stupid enough to use his most powerful move that will drain him of much needed chakra and stamina.

I don't see his logic behind that, either it was a big gamble on his part and became in-patient and wanted Saske's eyes quickly and forgot that he has potential to break his Tsukuyomi. I like the idea of one eye possessing one technique and the other eye possessing the other technique, this is the biggest flaw in MS. Its power, is what wins you your battles but it could also be the thing that costs you your life, his left eye from using Tsukuyomi is that bad that he can not see properly, only one is working properly at moment, that to seems as if its had it, bleeding, if he doesn't quickly end the battle (I know he's not going to be the victor, just for discussion sake) now he will be seeing about 100 Saske's, blurring his image to that extent will only hand victory to Saske quicker.

Zetsu has probably jinxed this fight by saying that Itachi has had it and Saske could be the winner, when somebody says that it always isn't the case, Saske is nearly there but Zetsu saying that tells me there is plenty left in the tank for both, but using MS for Itachi could be the loosing bet.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 12:34 PM
on page 11 how come itachi eyes turned back to the normal sharingan ? is it deliberate or an error ?

I think that's a mistake. Kind of like how they made the error with Itachi's Konoha headband in an earlier chapter of this fight:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/15/

warbandit66
February 15, 2008, 12:34 PM
You can tell by the strain that Itachi's eyes are showing that if Amaretsu fails he's finished. As much as I hate to say so, he's character has really been deminished in my eyes, mainly due to such a heavy reliance on his Mangyekou Sharingan.

sabuk-demon
February 15, 2008, 12:39 PM
yup. this fight has made itachi seem pitiful. i was actually feeling sorry for him. i wanted itachi dying in a blaze of glory, severly wounding/nearly killing sasuke. Rather kishimoto depicts him as a pathetic wannabe, which in my opinion was not a good move on kishimoto's part.

i agree with that.kishi makes us wait this long for itachi and sasuke to
come to the clash and itachi one of the popularist ninja dieing so easly
like that was kinda of a mess up.i hope itachi comes out with one more killer
move before he die or if he dies.

bean
February 15, 2008, 12:41 PM
I think that's a mistake. Kind of like how they made the error with Itachi's Konoha headband in an earlier chapter of this fight:

and just for reference

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/224/19/
[hr]

I would say that he has to have one more...if each eye has it's own jutsu, when he combines both eyes, that's gotta be a new jutsu, right?

arslan
February 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
we can always hope for more, but I doubt that Itachi has much more left in him. Given his current state, of course. If the circumstances were different then, maybe he could have even come up with a good idea but not anymore.

Smudj
February 15, 2008, 12:55 PM
and just for reference

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/224/19/
<hr noshade size="1">

I would say that he has to have one more...if each eye has it's own jutsu, when he combines both eyes, that's gotta be a new jutsu, right?

I was also thinking about it.Maybe Madara thought Itachi more secrets of the MS than just Tsuyikomi and Amaterasu,I mean Madara is the ultimate MS master.Sasuke was training under Orochimaru,maybe the most knowledgeble guy when it comes to jutsu.Sasuke still has "thah jutsu".I expect more form both Itachi and Sasuke.

Compared to the Pain vs Jiraiya fight,this is on a lower level of power.

Delbi
February 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
Itachi looked like he was boned and now he pulls out Ameratsu and basically engulfed the whole roof they were fighting on. I can see Sasuke getting seriously injured by this and both of them become nearly incapcited, (Sasuke because of physical injury and Itachi because of overuse of Mangenko) and their repective Comrads realizing this, via Karin, and Kisame and Hebi will come to the rescuse and help them retreat.

gold349
February 15, 2008, 12:57 PM

I think Itachi's reverting back to normal sharingan was planned, it seemed as if he was struggling with his MS, it looked several times thinner than normal as if he was having real problems with his eyes in a couple of panels his MS looked the same as when he awakened it, I don't know or it might just be me looking to hard.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 01:00 PM

To be honest I don't think he's dieing all that easily. For Sasuke to get to this point, he essentially 'sold his soul' to Orochimaru, severed ties with the village and one place where people cared about him, and he went through over 2 1/2 years of intense training and probably loads of drugs/forbidden jutsu. He also had to master the cursed seal and refine himself to a level that would make him near flawless with how he used his normal sharingan. And even then, Sasuke's suffered in this fight as well - the tsukuyomi still taking a bit of a toll on him.

Just thinking about the training with Orochimaru... can you imagine a sparring session? Where Orochimaru beats the heck out of him, stabs him, poisons him over and over and over again only for Kabuto to use medical ninjutsu to revive him and make him stronger? It must've been a horrifying experience. :(

It's tough to say what a 'good' way for Itachi to go out would be. But really, we haven't seen him fight a lot and his goals are different from Sasuke's. Sasuke wants Itachi dead by any means necessary. Itachi wants his eyes, by any means necessary. So IMO, Itachi can't fight with wreckless abandon for fear of destroying what he's craved all this time. Just like... Sasuke didn't want to kill Deidara because that would've prevented him from reaching his goal - finding Itachi.
[hr]

I was also thinking about it.Maybe Madara thought Itachi more secrets of the MS than just Tsuyikomi and Amaterasu,I mean Madara is the ultimate MS master.Sasuke was training under Orochimaru,maybe the most knowledgeble guy when it comes to jutsu.Sasuke still has "thah jutsu".I expect more form both Itachi and Sasuke.

Compared to the Pain vs Jiraiya fight,this is on a lower level of power.

I think Madara manipulated Itachi as well. And - Madara's a pretty bad dude, so I wouldn't be surprised if he delibarately left some things out of his stories to Itachi. It would make sense that Madara have annother ace up his sleeve because he probably knows of Itachi's potential.

But I agree - that last jutsu with the eyes combined must be the last secret.

bean
February 15, 2008, 01:02 PM
itachi might burn off sasuke's other wing and then he'll be a snake...not a hawk...DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!

arslan
February 15, 2008, 01:03 PM
@ Alex_1
you make a good point about itachi not fighting with reckless abandon because he fears destroying sasuke and thus sasuke's eyes which would be a great waste. Maybe this inhibition is making Itachi weaker but I doubt that Itachi would let this get too much in his way. After all, he needs to beat sasuke and subdue him in order to take his eyes.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 01:08 PM

Well what i think is funny is the distance that Zetsu is from that fight... he is about same distance as Sasuke when he is going for Itachi. I doubt there is no one that as saw/felt him.

Smudj
February 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
I think Madara manipulated Itachi as well. And - Madara's a pretty bad dude, so I wouldn't be surprised if he delibarately left some things out of his stories to Itachi. It would make sense that Madara have annother ace up his sleeve because he probably knows of Itachi's potential.

But I agree - that last jutsu with the eyes combined must be the last secret.

Maybe Zetsu will interfere.I think Zetsu is strong enough to capture an exhausted Sasuke if he beats Itachi.Madara is probably waiting for the outcome of this fight to make his next move.Will Sasuke become a Hawk or crawl on the gound like a snake?Maybe the answer to Madara's question is in this fight.

You're probably right about Madar manipulating Itachi.Pain probably also doesn't know madara's true intentions.

Oblivion
February 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
woah, nice fighting...i so hope the good animation crew of naruto draws this fight.

gold349
February 15, 2008, 01:21 PM
Well what i think is funny is the distance that Zetsu is from that fight... he is about same distance as Sasuke when he is going for Itachi. I doubt there is no one that as saw/felt him.

Too true, Zetsu is in direct line of fire if not just a little off, surpriesd also that no one has noticed his presence especailly two shinobi's of Itachi and Saske's calibre.

We don't know much about him, but I don't know if we have seen anyone lower there chakra levels low to the point where your in site but still not detected.

Absolutio
February 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
I dunno if it was mentioned before, but kishi is dumb:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/388/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/01/

That seriously, is an amateur unprofessional mistake..

Sesshoustar
February 15, 2008, 01:29 PM
itachi might burn off sasuke's other wing and then he'll be a snake...not a hawk...DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!

That wing might just grow back out Orochimaru-style. In that case I'll just retire to one corner and bash my head against the wall. I don't have anything against the younger Uchiha but this Super-Sasuke thing is really getting to me.

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
Well maybe both of them have but they are focused on their fight. Most likely Pain knew that Zetsu was there when he was fighting Jiraiya, he didn't acknowledge him until after the fight was over. As for the disscussion, I can't see Itachi defeating Sasuke now, the last chapter and the events of this chapter is setting up Sasuke overcoming Itachi's jutsu. :)

thithan
February 15, 2008, 01:35 PM
what an awesome chapter. sweet. itachi turns to his most powerful ninjutsu, Amaterasu.
it's also wierd the way blood started to run down itachi's eyes just as itachi used amaterasu.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 01:35 PM
and I had him pegged as a god almost...I knew it was all going down hill when kisame was kinda talking shit to him when they (or kisame by himself) took the four tails down.
Haha, I didn't quite see him in that light, especially after he showed fear and worry when Kakashi said some words to him about MS, and him losing that battle. (Sure while being at 30%, but he was outwitted none the less) But Kisame joking arround with Itachi was something I liked. I didn't think it said anything about Itachi's battle capacity but rather how close those two have gotten. I always saw Itachi as someone people couldn't even joke arround with. But apparently Kisame could. And even worried about Itachi getting a cold while standing out in the rain.

Anyway, I don't think we should count out Itachi just yet. If Amaterasu hits Sasuke though, then will this be a battle or cripples? Who can fight the best using their last ounce of strength?
Or will this battle be as long, or longer than, Jiraya vs. Pain?
One thing that indicates that Itachi hasn't showed us his full power yet is that Sasuke hasn't gone all out yet.
He still hasn't gone into full CS2 form yet. And he probably won't until Itachi does something that makes him feel forced to use CS2, right?

So will that be Amaterasu? Or will he use his "that jutsu" now to counter it?
Either way Sasuke still has two trumph cards left, while Itachi is only using one. So I get the feeling that something else might come.

After all this is Naruto, so anything can happen. Even that the tide of the battle is turned.
Imagine this. What if Itachi could use Tsunade's recovery jutsu?

Just an example of how things can change.

◆ T.D.A ◆
February 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
for me the best part of the chapter was when zetsu said that the winner of the uchiha fight was sasuke then itachi says 'AMATERASU', it gonna look sik on the anime when he says that, i can imagine it already.
[hr]
i still think itachi has one more jutsu left, but it might have some insane cost

bean
February 15, 2008, 01:56 PM

yeah, I mentioned that when I woke up...some people said that it was intentional, but i think it was a mistake, like how he has the normal sharingan in one panel, and then back to MS in another...kishi is either getting lazy, sitting on his laurels, or he just doesn't care anymore....might need some humble pie.

◆ T.D.A ◆
February 15, 2008, 02:00 PM
yeah, I mentioned that when I woke up...some people said that it was intentional, but i think it was a mistake, like how he has the normal sharingan in one panel, and then back to MS in another...kishi is either getting lazy, sitting on his laurels, or he just doesn't care anymore....might need some humble pie.

its very hard to know if its a mistake or not, it could easily be a mistake yet could be equally easily intentional.

gold349
February 15, 2008, 02:01 PM
This chapter has made the fight look proper sick (bad, good, wicked), it needed high tempo and new unseen attack combo. From the staring contest to see who blinks first to seeing Itachi eat dirt made my day, I'm not Saske fan nor Itachi but Itachi's character was made godlike and now he's prostrating to Saske. Zetsu might have jinxed it by saying saske has kind of won the battle, was so premature, they both have just come out to play, they've been in that one room for ages it seems. True, it might be coming soon, "that jutsu" from Saske and "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" for Itachi, unless Itachi does the Uchiha art of run.

bean
February 15, 2008, 02:14 PM

its very hard to know if its a mistake or not, it could easily be a mistake yet could be equally easily intentional.

I can't think of an explanation that would be for that being intentional. To me, it seems like an obvious mistake, like when in a movie you see someone talking to someone else and they're wearing glasses, they switch views and then back to the guy and the glasses are gone, and then back to the other guy, and then back and they show the guy wearing the glasses again and then he takes them off. Bad splicing, a mistake, that's all.

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 02:15 PM
I can't think of an explanation that would be for that being intentional. To me, it seems like an obvious mistake, like when in a movie you see someone talking to someone else and they're wearing glasses, they switch views and then back to the guy and the glasses are gone, and then back to the other guy, and then back and they show the guy wearing the glasses again and then he takes them off. Bad splicing, a mistake, that's all.
Eh, I thought Itachi's left eye would still be reeling from being repelled, while the right eye begins to charge.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 02:19 PM
That wing might just grow back out Orochimaru-style. In that case I'll just retire to one corner and bash my head against the wall. I don't have anything against the younger Uchiha but this Super-Sasuke thing is really getting to me.

You can definitively see serpents (third panel) (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/388/09/) instead of a second wing in the Tsukuyomi break. So the White sneak powers doesn't allow full regeneration... like the Kyuubi!
[hr]

Well the guy was still dizzy from the Tsukuyomi break... maybe it was a feeble moment... he might have switch eyes when he was ready to charge is chakra.

That's a too big mistake to be made.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 02:41 PM
Maybe Zetsu will interfere.I think Zetsu is strong enough to capture an exhausted Sasuke if he beats Itachi.Madara is probably waiting for the outcome of this fight to make his next move.Will Sasuke become a Hawk or crawl on the gound like a snake?Maybe the answer to Madara's question is in this fight.

You're probably right about Madar manipulating Itachi.Pain probably also doesn't know madara's true intentions.

That's one of the biggest stories I'm still a little miffed that we never learned - the history of Pain & Madara. But I think Madara had been playing Itachi like a puppet from the beginning.

I don't know abotu Zetsu though. Funny how he's more obvious in this fight. I wonder if he's like the author's inside joke... sort of a 'where's Waldo' type of thing. I dont' know though if he'd take Sasuke after this fight. He might have a conversation with him, but I can see this fight ending, and Madara vaguelly saying "It's Done" to the Konoha 11 (as a cliff-hanger maybe at th eend of the fight).

One thing that has me miffed, is the purpose of "Snake" now. Juugo, Karin, Suigetsu. They're just hanging around playing with Kisame right now, I think. But then there's Zetsu with popcorn & a soda watching the fight. If he interfered, that would be a little annoying IMO.

Huey Freeman
February 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
Itachi looked like he was boned and now he pulls out Ameratsu and basically engulfed the whole roof they were fighting on. I can see Sasuke getting seriously injured by this and both of them become nearly incapcited, (Sasuke because of physical injury and Itachi because of overuse of Mangenko) and their repective Comrads realizing this, via Karin, and Kisame and Hebi will come to the rescuse and help them retreat.

I was thinking something like that is bound to happen next, because Itachi has to be exhausted right now. Last time he used both eye techniques, he had to flee. I just wonder:

a) Is Sasuke going to be able to adequately avoid the amaterasu and continue this fight?

b) Is Itachi even going to wait around to see what happens next?

garaa89
February 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
I think that itachi is going to go all out and not flee because because he does not have the time to leave and try to get sasuke eyes later because he is almost blind.

enmymiguel
February 15, 2008, 03:10 PM
well the Tsukuyomi force itachi to change back to normal sharingan but then itachi use the MS again cause he think thats the only way to beat sasuke. i think itachi fight better with the normal sharingan

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 03:11 PM
I was thinking something like that is bound to happen next, because Itachi has to be exhausted right now. Last time he used both eye techniques, he had to flee. I just wonder:

a) Is Sasuke going to be able to adequately avoid the amaterasu and continue this fight?

b) Is Itachi even going to wait around to see what happens next?
Itachi won't wait around to see anything. I'd be willing to bet he can't see. When you bleed from your eyes, things tend to get bad around there.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 03:14 PM
You can definitivelysee serpents (third panel) (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/388/09/) instead of a second wing in the Tsukuyomi break. So the White sneak powers doesn't allow full regeneration... like the Kyuubi!
Actually I don't think that's why.
When Sasuke isn't in full CS2 mode he only seems to get one wing.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/351/07/

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 03:14 PM
well the Tsukuyomi force itachi to change back to normal sharingan but then itachi use the MS again cause he think thats the only way to beat sasuke. i think itachi fight better with the normal sharingan

We're not sure of this yet. :cool: It could be that he momentarily (and it must've been for a split second) switched to a normal sharingan, or it was an artist mistake. They've made mistakes in the past. But I'm in the camp that it was an error, just like how a flashback gave Itachi an anti-Leaf headband in the brief flashback when at the time, his headband didn't have the scratch in it.

This is one where *gulp* we may have to wait for the anime to give an answer or the artists to fess up to what happened.

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 03:20 PM
Actually I don't think that's why.
When Sasuke isn't in full CS2 mode he only seems to get one wing.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/351/07/
Yeah, but he did snakes against Deidara, too, and this time around he went full-on in the Tsukiyomi break. The snakes were there. The one wing against juugo wasn't cut off.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/388/09/

supfoo214
February 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
Since each of Itachi's MS does one technique, there is no reason to believe that he is actually bleeding. He used Tsukiyomi with the left eye, meaning up until this point he hasn't used his right eye for anything except normal sharingan activities (predict enemy movements, etc.). How could it have been damaged/overused? What's dripping out might actually be the oil that becomes the black flame.

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 03:26 PM
Since each of Itachi's MS does one technique, there is no reason to believe that he is actually bleeding. He used Tsukiyomi with the left eye, meaning up until this point he hasn't used his right eye for anything except normal sharingan activities (predict enemy movements, etc.). How could it have been damaged/overused? What's dripping out might actually be the oil that becomes the black flame.
There's reason to believe it's been damaged. He's unlocked Mangekyou and that immediately means he's damaged in both eyes and has been for seven years. When we saw Sasuke from his point of view, there wasn't a mix of sight, it was very consistently blurry. And since he used Amaterasu to get out of the gamaguchi shibari, and the fact that he even knows how to do it, means that at this point, he must have done it at least three times.

Also... that many veins can't be good for the eyes.

gold349
February 15, 2008, 03:28 PM
Saske sleeping with devil was probably the right call as he has to deal with the fire from hell LOL. The only thing this close to Saske just like the Diedara explosion its right in his face and the only thing that can save him is a summon now. "that jutsu" is still on the table but elemental composition wouldn't that be a combination of the two elements? I can not see fire and lightning combo? what ever it is it can not be more fire, as that would make Amaterasu look so lame and weak if it was over powered by a lightning and majority fire combo, any level of fire jutsu shouldn't be able to stand against Amaterasu.

Lightning was once cut with chidori by Kakashi I think, I wonder if he can make a fire and majority lightning composition jutsu that can cut the Amaterasu in half, but what puzzles me when thinking about this is that Amaterasu can burn for ages and is the highest level fire jutsu. I don't know Saske has been shown to be more skilled than Itachi but early on he couldn't compete with Itachi's speed so why did the prick change his tactics why didn't he continue to fight Saske that way. He looks pathetic now, sweating bleeding ,eating dirt and prostrating in front of saske and being out powered by the one jutsu which separated men from boys.

Paradoxicon
February 15, 2008, 03:28 PM

But when Itachi uses Amaterasu the veins in his right eye are visible . It's definitely blood.

Zetsu is the only good character in this fight. All those years leading to the Uchiha fight and Itachi blows it with a kamikaze technique....

enmymiguel
February 15, 2008, 03:31 PM
well itachi force hes MS he waz not suposs to use another jutsu with hes MS. thats why he waz bleeding from hes eyes

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but he did snakes against Deidara, too, and this time around he went full-on in the Tsukiyomi break. The snakes were there. The one wing against juugo wasn't cut off.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/388/09/
Yeah I know he did it against Deidara, but he didn't have time to rest and recover then.
Anyway, Sasuke seems to be able to control if he wants to have wings or not now compared to before. In CS1 he can chose to have 0 - 1 wings, so it's not impossible to think that he can chose to do the same in CS2, and have his snake limbs stay if he already has them out.

That was inside of Itachi's genjutsu though so it's hard to tell exactly what happened and who was controling most of what we saw. I'm assuming we're not supposed to think too much about that though, so probably nothing was 'off' in any significant way.
But I guess mainly I think they might have made a bigger deal about Sasuke losing a limb permanently against Deidara rather than him not even mentioning anything about it or showing a reaction to it. Only Deidara commented on it, but Sasuke seemed indifferent.

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah I know he did it against Deidara, but he didn't have time to rest and recover then.
Sasuke seems to be able to control if he wants to have wings or not more now compared to before. In CS1 he can chose to have 0 - 1 wings, so it's not impossible to think that he can chose to have his snake limbs stay even if he goes into CS2 if he already has them out.

That was inside of Itachi's genjutsu though so it's hard to tell exactly what happened and who was controling most of what we saw. I'm assuming we're not supposed to think too much about that though, so probably nothing was 'off' in any significant way.
But I guess mainly I think they might have made a bigger deal about Sasuke losing a limb permanently against Deidara rather than him not even mentioning anything about it or showing a reaction to it. Only Deidara commented on it, but Sasuke seemed indifferent.
What would your reaction be?

"I'm afraid that wing you lost can never be recovered. However, you will get to use snakes instead."

"AWESO- wait, will it work the same way?"

"Yes."

"AWESOME"

garaa89
February 15, 2008, 03:42 PM
this chapter make naruto look so weak i mean what the hell was he doing all the time with jiraiya in the other hand sasuke look like he is at the same level as itachi.

GOKURO-3君
February 15, 2008, 03:46 PM
this chapter make naruto look so weak i mean what the hell was he doing all the time with jiraiya in the other hand sasuke look like he is at the same level as itachi.

i just wonder how naruto is gonna take revenge on pain...

Alexis
What would your reaction be?

"I'm afraid that wing you lost can never be recovered. However, you will get to use snakes instead."

"AWESO- wait, will it work the same way?"

"Yes."

"AWESOME"
Well if it still works the same way and he can fly without problems then they might as well skip giving more focus to that event, if it didn't make any significant change anyway.

I guess we'll see soon enough though.

Jehuty
Hopefully by ripping off his arm and impaling him five times.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
Itachi won't wait around to see anything. I'd be willing to bet he can't see. When you bleed from your eyes, things tend to get bad around there.

I think in the chapter, it showed more than the tsukuyomi effects, but how Itachi's eyesight is almost gone now. The longer this fight's gone, the worse it's gotten for him at an exponential rate. That's why I think it's almost over. I just don't know if this is his last trump card because we know Sasuke has something else he has yet to use.

The blood from the eyes though was a telling sign. Sort of like 'tears of blood'. But it was kind of cool how the Amaterasu flames started to engulf the other flames. I'm certain something will happen to Sasuke, but IMO, from what we know about the Amaterasu, it seems like a bit of reckless attach from Itachi & a sign of desperation.

Paradoxicon
February 15, 2008, 03:50 PM

yeah, it's weird how Naruto never heard of those element things in 3 years of training with a Sannin.
But keep in mind that Naruto also has a "that" jutsu in store and was using an Akatsuki as guinea pig for his new jutsu just like that.
Plus he hasn't really been in an all-out fight yet. Which again is disturbing for the "Naruto" manga cause Sasuke is already in his 2nd fight and he won't stop there.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 03:50 PM

I'm a little annoyed that we might not see this fight for a long time. But I think it'll have a backstory on Pain too and hopefully more information on Naruto's past - that maybe Pain knows about (I'm still holding on to a premonition that Kushina is related in some way). I hope that Naruto vs. Pain would be 1 vs. 1 too, and that it would take place after Naruto knows well about Jiraiyas death, that Pain did it, and that he understood that he needs to get better if he's to ever defeat Pain.

As for this fight. I wonder if Madara will ask that Sasuke join him and Akatsuki...

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
I think I know.

Kagebunshin no jutsu!
*poof* *poof*
Kagebunshin no jutsu!
Rasengan!
*poof* *poof*
Mass Kagebunshin no jutsu!
Rasengan!
*poof* *poof* *poof* *poof* *poof* *poof* *poof* *poof* *poof* *poof*

Naruto: I'll... never give up! *is begining to stand up again*
Kagebunshin no Jutsu!
*Poof* *poof*
FUTON RASENGAN SHURIKEN!

Pain: ... Impossible... uuurgh!!! *dies*

What else would he do? That's how he always fights.

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
I think I know.

Kagebunshin no jutsu!
*poof* *poof*
Kagebunshin no jutsu!
Rasengan!
*poof* *poof*
Rasengan!

Kagebunshin no Jutsu!
*Poof* *poof*
FUTON RASENGAN SHURIKEN!

The Kakuzu fight was way more awesome than that, with the simulation run and the intricacy of his plan. Give the guy some credit, even if Kishimoto won't.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 03:57 PM

I was thinking more of a "Thousand years of Pein" with a Futon Rasengan at the tip of the pointed fingers.... and will see Pein disappear in the Sky like Team Rocket.
[hr]

The Kakuzu fight was way more awesome than that, with the simulation run and the intricacy of his plan. Give the guy some credit, even if Kishimoto won't.

Agreed.

Naruto ain't a dumb brat anymore!

enmymiguel
February 15, 2008, 03:58 PM
I think I know.

Kagebunshin no jutsu!
*poof* *poof*
Kagebunshin no jutsu!
Rasengan!
*poof* *poof*
Rasengan!

Kagebunshin no Jutsu!
*Poof* *poof*
FUTON RASENGAN SHURIKEN!

yea i get tire of him after a see him do the samething 10 time in all the fight he have
plus he go training with a sanin and he come back the same way he leave,,,but with a little black in hes oufit. that all, i waz happy thinking that naruto waz goin to come back with alot of jutsu, but no he come back the same...the true he waz better before :D

garaa89
February 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
i think kishi spent more time thinking of way to make sasuke more powerful than naruto.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
yea i get tire of him after a see him do the samething 10 time in all the fight he have
plus he go training with a sanin and he come back the same way he leave,,,but with a little black in hes oufit. that all, i waz happy thinking that naruto waz goin to come back with alot of jutsu, but no he come back the same...the true he waz better before :D

:offtopic

C'mon!

The guy as learned the full potential of a Kage Bunshin... develop a technique that the 4th Never achieved... he as improved is combat skills.. more patient and analyze is KB... as like 3 versions of the Rasengan... and we still don't know the full extend of is control over the Kyuubi and the full extend of is learning with Ero Sennin.

So, please... don't disrespect Naruto.

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
I think I know.

Kagebunshin no jutsu!
*poof* *poof*
Kagebunshin no jutsu!
Rasengan!
*poof* *poof*
Rasengan!

Kagebunshin no Jutsu!
*Poof* *poof*
FUTON RASENGAN SHURIKEN!

IMO, it's the more intriguing match-up. I really hope the authors show Naruto growing in a better way than just the kage bunshins and rasengan. It'd be great to see him do some more cool moves, etc. in combination of his IMO genius strategies. And I think he probably will in the future. (fingers crossed on time-skip, though that's looking less and less likeyl). No doubt he's stronger. But I think what a lot of readers might be thinking now is that he's... well... a victim of 'limited dimensions'. :D Which is very odd...

Off topic, but the thing with Pain... with the exception of his summon knocking down Gama Ken, he didn't land a single blow until Jiraiya put his guard down after thinking he was dead. I didn't really like that fight... because Jiraiya's 'memory' was far too poor. The forehead protectors threw off a legendary shinobi that much? And he forgot that he named Naruto?

gold349
February 15, 2008, 04:08 PM

Some people are biased, they love Saske. Naruto is all round good character, I mean hecc he made Zabuza the devil cry, he has touched a lot of people's life he has brought happiness to them not like Saske who's hurt a lot of people on the way to get his revenge.

Saske at moment is still on the defensive, he's made one attack stick other than that he has been on the receiving end, the time for offence is near and Itachi will mirror Diedara's screams and frightening look.

enmymiguel
February 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
i think kishi spent more time thinking of way to make sasuke more powerful than naruto.

see thats the point sasuke is more powerful then naruto, but they are like brother you see in every anime they alway one person more powerful or strong then the main character. but they are friend or brother cause not only sasuke is more strong then naruto look this character too. neji/chino/chicamaru/gaara/sai but they are naruto friend that dont matter if they are strong along they are friend :D

Non-Life
February 15, 2008, 04:09 PM
I remember from the latest interview that Kishimoto didn't want to elaborate on Hebi, but his editor insisted on it. When you think about it, you wonder is Kishi 100% responsible for how Part II has been playing out, or did someone mess it up? I mean, I know he doesn't like smart main characters, but Goku from Dragonball, where Kishi got his inspirtation, is like a rocket scientist compared to Naruto.

When you think about Jiraiya's old story that didn't sell well, the one with a character named Naruto?
It's like a self exclamation on the present fans' interest in the series. I forget the term, but it's just like looking at an artist's painting, of the artist painting a painting of the artist painting. (In this case we have a book about a character named Naruto who never backed down, but it didn't sell well on the market in the reality where there is an actual shinobi named Naruto who never quits but doesn't get that much positive reaction from readers reading his manga.

Isn't that a brainbuster?

Reenie
February 15, 2008, 04:11 PM
Itachi's pretty dumb using Katon vs Katon. If you have even a normal sharingan you should be able to read what seals your opponent is using. Plus Itachi used a Suiton jutsu against Kakashi before...
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/142/08/
well it may be easier to use Suiton because Itachi was fighting on a river, but that seems like part of the old school explanation for jutsu, not the new school of elemental manipulation...
Katon vs Katon just makes the 2 combatants seem like complete nubs lol. Itachi's nowhere near level of Sandaime, Jiraiya, or any of the Hokages really in terms of basic ninjutsu skills... only thing he's got is his sharingan.

khar2
February 15, 2008, 04:12 PM
way are all so tought on itachi, guy is doing his best
we saw his face after tsuki was broken, how he grabbed himself for eye that he plucked from sas in genjutsu, he must felt all the pain he caused.
and he didnt have time to recover and perform his jutsu he was attacked ...
you must admit he is tought position and he entered in this fight weakend, and now he is blind... i think kisi would overdo it if this fight continues couse itachi looks like he will colapse

i think itachi made cardinal mistake when he used amateratsu on roof, sas can fall down and use roof to escape and cover to evade it, much better and easier then go under ground or evade by jumping, and by the looks that is his last jutsu...
<< << <<<<<
<<<<< fire itachi
------roof--------------------
sas

get the picture what do i mean:)
maybe madara was strongest, but made same mistake with 1st so he lost, or he summoned the kyubi not knowing that wod element can suppress kyubis chakra and by that he burned much of his own, and he simply lost couse he used wrong tactic and was overpowered later.
What do you think of this theory.

Non-Life
February 15, 2008, 04:14 PM
You got to hand it to Naruto for performing the Kagebunshin Shuriken in Part I before Sasuke in Part II.

gold349
February 15, 2008, 04:16 PM
Itachi's pretty dumb using Katon vs Katon. If you have even a normal sharingan you should be able to read what seals your opponent is using. Plus Itachi used a Suiton jutsu against Kakashi before...
well it may be easier to use Suiton because Itachi was fighting on a river, but that seems like part of the old school explanation for jutsu, not the new school of elemental manipulation...
Katon vs Katon just makes the 2 combatants seem like complete nubs lol. Itachi's nowhere near level of Sandaime, Jiraiya, or any of the Hokages really in terms of basic ninjutsu skills... only thing he's got is his sharingan.

He must feel bakka noob(big). its the one jutsu Katon Goukakyuu no jutsu that the Uchiha's used to measure if a "boy" has become a "man". He gets over powered by Saske's.

gfire2
February 15, 2008, 04:17 PM
some ppl tend to forget the fact that the anime over exaggerates the number of times naruto uses kage bushin and rasengan, since kage bushin is narutos key jutsu it would be like sasuke always using chidori

now bac to chapter discussion:

wen itachi goes "shadow shuriken technique"

2 shurikens or 1 kage bushin with henge?

but since itachi's eyesight is deteriorating it would mean that he isnt at 100% of his power, i would love to see itachi 3yrs ago vs sasuke now rather than sasuke kickin a dyin mans ass twice (orochimaru and itachi)

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 04:20 PM
Actually, we've seen that same thing before. When Naruto was fighting Neji. The exact same thing. Neji was sure that the "cowardly" Naruto in the far back was the real one, avoiding exposing himself to danger. And then it turned out that it was actually a bunshin, and that the real Naruto chose to put himself at risk while the enemy believed that the bunshin was him because it stayed away.

And while I liked the Kakuzu fight, Naruto always seems to fight the same way, and in spite of everything actually 'said' about him I haven't 'seen' much growth in his fighting style. Unfortunately this was further enhanced in the anime fillers, which I thankfully didn't watch too many of, but still.

ManyHack
February 15, 2008, 04:21 PM
I remember from the latest interview that Kishimoto didn't want to elaborate on Hebi, but his editor insisted on it. When you think about it, you wonder is Kishi 100% responsible for how Part II has been playing out, or did someone mess it up? I mean, I know he doesn't like smart main characters, but Goku from Dragonball, where Kishi got his inspirtation, is like a rocket scientist compared to Naruto.

When you think about Jiraiya's old story that didn't sell well, the one with a character named Naruto?
It's like a self exclamation on the present fans' interest in the series. I forget the term, but it's just like looking at an artist's painting, of the artist painting a painting of the artist painting. (In this case we have a book about a character named Naruto who never backed down, but it didn't sell well on the market in the reality where there is an actual shinobi named Naruto who never quits but doesn't get that much positive reaction from readers reading his manga.

Isn't that a brainbuster?

I Wondered that myself. I hate corps BS... but it is what directs our life's entertainment. So i do think Kishimoto had only to do what Bandai & Co had to say.. to make sure all that market, other then the medias, doesn't drop and instead rise. Anyways... Yes.. Kishimoto as not done it all by himself; it was more of a team decision.

Jehuty
February 15, 2008, 04:26 PM
Nidaime and Kisame are the only two shown so far who can use Suiton without a water source there already. Nidaime was given Hokage position because of it and Kisame has ridiculous chakra.

You got to hand it to Naruto for performing the Kagebunshin Shuriken in Part I before Sasuke in Part II.It's not Shadow Clone Shuriken, it's just Shadow Shuriken, two completely unrelated techniques. Sasuke actually used that first.

some ppl tend to forget the fact that the anime over exaggerates the number of times naruto uses kage bushin and rasengan, since kage bushin is narutos key jutsu it would be like sasuke always using chidori

now bac to chapter discussion:

wen itachi goes "shadow shuriken technique"

2 shurikens or 1 kage bushin with henge?

but since itachi's eyesight is deteriorating it would mean that he isnt at 100% of his power, i would love to see itachi 3yrs ago vs sasuke now rather than sasuke kickin a dyin mans ass twice (orochimaru and itachi)

"Kageshuriken no jutsu" - Shadow Shuriken Technique, the act of throwing a shuriken and throwing a second shuriken in the first's shadow so that it appears only one is thrown.
[hr]

Actually, we've seen that same thing before. When Naruto was fighting Neji. The exact same thing. Neji was sure that the "cowardly" Naruto in the far back was the real one, avoiding exposing himself to danger. And then it turned out that it was actually a bunshin, and that the real Naruto chose to put himself at risk while the enemy believed that the bunshin was him because it stayed away.

And while I liked the Kakuzu fight, Naruto always seems to fight the same way, and in spite of everything actually 'said' about him I haven't 'seen' much growth in his fighting style. Unfortunately this was further enhanced in the anime fillers, which I thankfully didn't watch too many of, but still.
That wasn't simulation. That was just Naruto just being one step ahead. He never noticed the simulation effect before.

Tias
February 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOoo

For the first time one of my thoughts/ theories is actualy quite close. And people even ignored me when i posted back then.
The eyes each do have a jutsu thing they can use.
it must have been my crappy english people ignores me i take it then.
Cause why else did itachi close his left eye after tsukuyomi broke?
cause it was with that eye he casted it.
WOHO. but back to this chapter.

Sasuke just proved that the uchihas are masters with the shurikens/fuuma shurikens.
Man, a Fuuma charged shuriken and a kagebunshin shuriken. and then they also flew out of the ring.
Sasuke just proofed how efficient he is with less stuff.

And sasukes fireball jutsu is stronger then itachis, either cause of the Partialy formed curse seal, or simply cause his is better.
And was his handsseals just then faster then itachis?
Sasuke is overal better then itachi. :P

Itachi had to use his last resort to fend of a fireball from sasuke XD

Oh HELL YEAH, sasuke is gonna win this, unless someone saves itachi.
Cause noe itachi is even bleeding out of his right eye.

And actualy, sasuke hasn't shown anything major NEW yet.
Well ok he did show the shurikens, and those out of nowhere blades, and ''strings'' out of my skinn to if i saw right o.O
and a good variety of the chidori.

But i want something...NEW >_<

I take it that i nthe next chapter we will see sasuke somehow escaping or getting the damage of the black flames(well i guess he cant take any damage since he will be done for if he does)
so i guess he will get away from it somehow, and i can see in the end of the chapter we will see sasuke going to use some pwnage ninjutsu or something

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 04:36 PM
IMO, it's the more intriguing match-up. I really hope the authors show Naruto growing in a better way than just the kage bunshins and rasengan.
Yeah I'm looking forward to that fight actually, but I'm hoping that Naruto doesn't fight only using those two jutsu's the whole time now. People like Shikamaru, Jiraya, Sasuke, and of course Kakashi... even Sakura have shown that they're more flexible compared to their fighting strategies earlier in the series.

But in all honesty the only thing I've seen Naruto do now that's different from before is that he used a bunshin to pull himself away while still in midair when fighting Kakashi during the training.

I'm not trying to make jokes or anything, but that's about the only growth I've seen of him over the years, besides powering up his already existing jutsu, Rasengan.

Off topic, but the thing with Pain... with the exception of his summon knocking down Gama Ken, he didn't land a single blow until Jiraiya put his guard down after thinking he was dead. I didn't really like that fight... because Jiraiya's 'memory' was far too poor. The forehead protectors threw off a legendary shinobi that much? And he forgot that he named Naruto?
Yeah. It looks like we missed some of the combat though, before Jiraya escaped into his barrier. But I didn't really like that Jiraya couldn't remember that sinobi until the end of the fight, but I guess it's understandable since it was probably 40 years since he saw him. But about naming Naruto, I took that as his mind getting fogy from being just a moment away from dying due to blood loss and severe injuries.
[hr]

That wasn't simulation. That was just Naruto just being one step ahead. He never noticed the simulation effect before.
I'm not sure what you mean by simulation or who was supposed to notice it?

But what I was saying was that Naruto had used that tactics before agsinst Neji, so it didn't feel like I was seeing a "new" Naruto, as Yamato said.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/100/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/100/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/100/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/100/19/

He made Neji 'notice' that he was doing the least attacking.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9717/fdfdgap4.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5489/ghhfhfko9.jpg

Just like he made Kakuzu suspect that the Naruto staying the furthest away holding the FRS was the real one. So both Neji and Kakuzu attacked the wrong Naruto. So they were caught off guard.

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 04:41 PM
This is the most disappointing jutsu yet. A regular katon no jutsu is required to activate Amaterasu just by looking? WTF? Kakuzu pwned that with his raiton 10 times harder.Dammit to think i waited 7 days for this crap.

Tias
February 15, 2008, 04:49 PM
This is the most disappointing jutsu yet. A regular katon no jutsu is required to activate Amaterasu just by looking? WTF? Kakuzu pwned that with his raiton 10 times harder.Dammit to think i waited 7 days for this crap.

Pal, i think you got it wrong, i would so much love to flame you right now.....
But either way.

I highly doubt thats it, he just used katon to counter sasukes attack.
So you just want him to stand there doing nothing?
he had to use some attack to counter sasukes, he was being pushed, and then he used amaterasu

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
Not sure if the regular Katon was required, but seeing that itachi was losing it there, it might have been that some of his chakra was needed to put into the amaterasu. Hence - maybe that's why his Katon was being so badly outdone by Sasuke's.

@Alexis - maybe you're right about the memory of Jiraiya. I hope that's the case... yeah, I'll stick to that since he was one of my favorite characters. :)

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
For the first time one of my thoughts/ theories is actualy quite close. And people even ignored me when i posted back then.
The eyes each do have a jutsu thing they can use.
it must have been my crappy english people ignores me i take it then.
Cause why else did itachi close his left eye after tsukuyomi broke?
cause it was with that eye he casted it.
Probably because people expected that there would be a third MS jutsu, Sunaoo (sp?) and Itachi only has two eyes. lol

Sasuke just proved that the uchihas are masters with the shurikens/fuuma shurikens.
Man, a Fuuma charged shuriken and a kagebunshin shuriken. and then they also flew out of the ring.
Yeah, I liked that part of the fight as well. But I don't think any of the shurikens were kagebunshins. Sasuke just used the seals on his arms to summon the weapons.

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
My disappointment is the fact that we waited over 3 years to find out the most important battle of the entire manga is a match up between an overpowered blind and sasuke. I mean after all that talk, expectation to find out that itachi is getting blind now, not 100%. Dasai.

Akumakage
February 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
is it just me or is there any1 else that finds it odd, that for a man which makes seals very fast that u can't even c, itachi took his time making amaterasu seal in this fight? and correct me if I'm wrong, but the last I remember itachi nevered used any form of seal when he was trapped in frog stomach by J-man for amaterasu.

Tias
February 15, 2008, 05:10 PM
But I don't think any of the shurikens were kagebunshins. .

I mean the 2nd fuma shuriken was a kage bunshin one i think.
Either way, he nailed down itachi with a fuma shuriken.
OLD SCHOOL, but still cool XD

hayateblitz
February 15, 2008, 05:10 PM
it might be that a regular katon no jutsu is needed to activate Amaterasu since that technique in itself creates black flames that consumes everything. what do u expect? itachi spitting fire out of his sharingan? :P i agree with Alex_1, itachi probably used some of his chakra in activating amaterasu, that's why his katon is seemingly weaker than sasuke's.

regarding itachi's slow reaction, i think he's just tired from overusing his sharingan too much already. i mean, he had expected everything to end with tsukuyomi. plus, his eye sight is deteriorating, shows that he is at his limits and is desperate to get his hands on sasuke's eyes.. funny how someone in this thread said that sasuke gets to kick the ass of half dead ppl twice :P

but then again, it might be hard for sasuke to dodge this. even if he is on the roof, since the flame consumes everything.. maybe it'll follow him till it eats up its target?? o.o geh. we don't know yet.

off topic: so sad.. i just remembered that jiraiya died T.T (yesh, i did forget)

segua
February 15, 2008, 05:13 PM
Itachi seems to really too much on his eyes and now over time, it has become also his greatest weakness. If this battle was fought at the very least, a year before, Itachi might have the upper hand.

So not only is Itachi plagued by his own blindness but also that he is so stubborn about using his MS against Sasuke.

I still think Itachi purposefully gave Sasuke a win. If the man was a true genius and bent on killing Sasuke, he would've knew that ending things as son as possible was the best route to go, yet instead, he decided to draw out the fight to his own demise.

Tias
February 15, 2008, 05:14 PM
is it just me or is there any1 else that finds it odd, that for a man which makes seals very fast that u can't even c, itachi took his time making amaterasu seal in this fight? and correct me if I'm wrong, but the last I remember itachi nevered used any form of seal when he was trapped in frog stomach by J-man for amaterasu.

We didn't SEE him use any seals, it might be that when he has rather much chakra he can ''ignite'' something with his amaterasu and start the flame that way?

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 05:22 PM
I mean the 2nd fuma shuriken was a kage bunshin one i think.
Either way, he nailed down itachi with a fuma shuriken.
OLD SCHOOL, but still cool XD
Oh, yeah you might be right.
Either way, this part reminded me of when they fought Zabuza waaaaay back when the story started. Nice to see those weapons getting some use again.

And I'd like to see anyone claim that Sasuke isn't ready to fight Itachi now, or that Orochimaru's training wasn't good enough. :D
[hr]

Well maybe we're seeing things from Sasuke's perspective, and that's why the seals can be read. Like in Dragonball when people started to move fast, we didn't get to see their movements. But later on in the series when they move 100 times faster, we can see them move, and now they have a 'new' stage of fast movement that we don't see, etc.

Anyway, perhaps Itachi was doing the seals off camera last time? Or maybe he is just using seals now to gather chakra? When he actually used Amaterasu it didn't look like he used any seals. Unless those seals are for making the regular Katon justu.

Kakashi could also use his MS without gathering chakra first, but when he did that and while being already low on chakra, he ended up being hospitolised afterwards.

Oblivion
February 15, 2008, 05:23 PM
i think itachi bleed out of the eye coz he forced the amaretsu too early.

maybe thats also the reason why he had to take a rest as he broke open jiraya's frog cage. he forced the amaratesu to open as fast as possible.

i guess itachi though he could unleash the amaratesu without a rush, but the tsukyoumi had unexpected large side-effect. and seeing that sasuke's attack aren't to be underestimated he released the black flames on top the fire jutsu to bypass the normal release-

and isnt it ironic that the blood tainted magenkyou bleeds out if used at maximum^^

walkie
February 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
finally we started to see something good in a looong waited battle between sasuke and itachi...no more genjutsu please, i kinda start to hate about using genjutsu since lately everything turns out to be genjutsu..i want more ninjutsu :)

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 05:44 PM

To be honest, we didn't see Itachi actually use the amaterasu in part one in the frog stomach, so we didn't know if he needed hand-signs. We only got forwarded to the aftermath and the black flames. I believe he closed his eyes like he did now before using it. That entire part was a mystery leading up to this very moment. :)

What is odd, however, is Sasuke's sporadic usage of the cursed seal. It supposed to have some side effects, but he hasn't gone through a complete transformation except for the most part in the Tsukuyomi. He's used mostly the level one part, and only the 'wings' on very select occasions. He seems to have completely refined that ability to the point of minimizing it's usage, which seems to be the opposite of Itachi and the MS. I think this is deliberate - almost showing a difference between the brothers.

C4animax
February 15, 2008, 05:57 PM
So we do get a katon vs katon as the "ultimate" move before the end (maybe it does both) for the two brothers *sigh* Let just see what happens to the rest of sasuke's fireball and sasuke himself...Trying to protect himself from amaterasu and being heavily injuried? I mean at least sasuke can't just walk out of this being less beaten than the fight with deidara (even if his last jutsu was powerfull).

Am i the only one to think that zetsu commenting this is kind of annoying? "OMG he's going to???" "Don't make hasty comments" "I knew it he's too strong" "he was careless...

Alex_1
February 15, 2008, 06:04 PM
So we do get a katon vs katon as the "ultimate" move before the end (maybe it does both) for the two brothers *sigh* Let just see what happens to the rest of sasuke's fireball and sasuke himself...Trying to protect himself from amaterasu and being heavily injuried? I mean at least sasuke can't just walk out of this being less beaten than the fight with deidara (even if his last jutsu was powerfull).

Am i the only one to think that zetsu commenting this is kind of annoying? "OMG he's going to???" "Don't make hasty comments" "I knew it he's too strong" "he was careless...

I think Sasuke's going to be damaged goods after this somehow. But I don't know how his 'That Jutsu' will play out here. And besides... with his 'hatred', he might somehow just reach his hand out and extinguish the flames.

Really though - I think Zetsu's commentary is solely for our (the readers) benefit. He lets us know in that chapter that the regular Katon was enough to harm Sasuke, but not nearly enough. And - by the back/forth between the two sides, maybe we're also learning that the white side of Zetu is a bit more rash in predictions while the black side of Zetsu is more observant on the actual situation.

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 06:07 PM
I cant believe this .. Itachi last resort is the Amaretsu
he completely being dominated right now

If Amaretsu fails to damage Sasuke than Itachi well die in the next chapter

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 06:32 PM
So all that hype will be for nothing. 3 years we've waited to find this out. Quite disappointing. I will take kakuzu vs kakashi fight many times over this. Seriously.

Reenie
February 15, 2008, 06:33 PM
Nidaime and Kisame are the only two shown so far who can use Suiton without a water source there already. Nidaime was given Hokage position because of it and Kisame has ridiculous chakra.

Nidame wasn't given Hokage position BECAUSE he could use Suiton without a water source, bu rather that he can use Suiton without a water source BECAUSE he is hokage class material. I'm also not sure if Kisame having ridiculous chakra amounts naturally connotes the ability to use Suiton without a water source, but maybe. Anyways, like some people are saying, I hope Amaterasu does some heavy permanent damage to Sasuke at least lol....

C4animax
February 15, 2008, 06:35 PM
I think that the damage would be healed with orochimaru's cells...and i'm pretty sure he'll transphorm himself in CS2 again by the end of the fight...

I think Sasuke's going to be damaged goods after this somehow. But I don't know how his 'That Jutsu' will play out here. And besides... with his 'hatred', he might somehow just reach his hand out and extinguish the flames.

Really though - I think Zetsu's commentary is solely for our (the readers) benefit. He lets us know in that chapter that the regular Katon was enough to harm Sasuke, but not nearly enough. And - by the back/forth between the two sides, maybe we're also learning that the white side of Zetu is a bit more rash in predictions while the black side of Zetsu is more observant on the actual situation.

hmm i'm not sure about "that jutsu" it sounded like it was destinated to a group of people but that would be just funny if he does what you are saying, estinguishing the flames with one hand.

As for zetsu, you gave him a new dimension for me, true that we can have a hint of his personnalites, if it was really intended that way obsviously.

Smudj
February 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
So all that hype will be for nothing. 3 years we've waited to find this out. Quite disappointing. I will take kakuzu vs kakashi fight many times over this. Seriously.

Kakuzu vs Kakashi was a great fight:)I expected more from both Itachi and Sasuke.I mean Itachi was hyped up to a godlike status throughout the whole manga,same thing with Sasuke in the second part of manga.
But compared to Jiraiya and Pain's fight this fight is on a lower level of power.

But the fight isn't over jet.Maybe we'll see Sasuke "that jutsu".

Sasuke s definitely goning to survive Amaterasu,but I just hope that it's not going to be something lame like blocking with "wings" and cutting them of and growing them back again or like that thing he did with Manda.

bean
February 15, 2008, 06:50 PM
Kakuzu vs Kakashi was a great fight:)I expected more from both Itachi and Sasuke.I mean Itachi was hyped up to a godlike status throughout the whole manga,same thing with Sasuke in the second part of manga.
But compared to Jiraiya and Pain's fight this fight is on a lower level of power.

Sasuke s definitely goning to survive Amaterasu,but I just hope that it's not going to be something lame like blocking with "wings" and cutting them of and growing them back again or like that thing he did with Manda.

truer words have never been spoken.

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 06:52 PM
So let me get this straight. If Ama is a hell fire that turns everything it touches into ashes how the HELL IS ITACHI PLANNING TO GET SASUKE'S EYES. It's beyond me.

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 06:53 PM
truer words have never been spoken.

Everyone believes Pain and Jiraiya were nothing special
i think people underestimated the two in power

and this battle it did not level up to my expectations

garaa89
February 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
this battle seems over rated. but at least is getting good.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 07:01 PM
Well, easy now on jumping to conclusions about how it will end.
I think it will be longer than that. Who knows what could happen next. What if Itachi could use Tsunade's recovery jutsu for example?

The thing is that Sasuke still hasn't gone all out using his CS2 or his "that jutsu"
Perhaps Amaterasu forces him to use one of them, but I'm sure he won't use CS2 until Itachi does something that forces him to use it. So I think it's quite possible that he will.

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 07:04 PM

You are right about it being a lower level fight. However, I did like this chapter. There was a lot of give and take and none of this nonsense about might hate helping me win. In this chapter it was skill on skill. I do not realy care who wins, but I want it to be a great fight. Over all, it has not lived up to the fight I thought it would be. To much nonsense about hate making me stronger; I thought for a moment I was watching reading Star Wars or something. Moreover, it seems like the same old thing from Itachi. I new we would see both his M.S. skills, but I thought we would see a few new things. I am like this is all there is nothing new all we have seen from Itachi is all there is. That is what I think is lame. However, this part here were seeing is how I pictured most the might, but we have not.:oh

GPZrag
February 15, 2008, 07:06 PM
Itachi is weak -_-'...

llmcduff
February 15, 2008, 07:08 PM
Everyone believes Pain and Jiraiya were nothing special
i think people underestimated the two in power

and this battle it did not level up to my expectations

Bring Jiraiya back!!! It's not certain he is dead yet. Last thing that was shown was he sinking in the swamp he created. Man, at the very least, give him a burial. I miss Jiraiya. Who's the "comic relief" in the manga if he's gone? This manga needs one. If he's gone forever, what a waste of an excellent character. Argh!

I hate this fight. Get back to Naruto/Mandara already! At least insert a few pages about them in there. And papa-frog going to Tsunade too, get back to that. Hebi-jebi and Kisame fight, I don't care for, there's no point to it that I can see.

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
Totally and i smell some serious PnJ. Oh kakuzu, i miss you.

llmcduff
February 15, 2008, 07:19 PM
Well, easy now on jumping to conclusions about how it will end.
I think it will be longer than that. Who knows what could happen next. What if Itachi could use Tsunade's recovery jutsu for example?

If Itachi can use Tsunade's recovery jutsu, it would really cheapen the jutsu. he's a bad guy, he'll use something sinister. A lot of characters have some type of jutsu that cheats dead but notice all the bad ones' power are from other people - getting it through killing someone (or religion!) but the good ones (Tsunade and old lady from sand village) use their own chakra. Then there's the Third and Jiraiya with none.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 07:20 PM
So let me get this straight. If Ama is a hell fire that turns everything it touches into ashes how the HELL IS ITACHI PLANNING TO GET SASUKE'S EYES. It's beyond me.
And you think that's weird? How about the all the times Sasuke could have been killed while growing up? Itachi left his "dream" and just expected that he would be unharmed? He was an inch away from dying against Haku, Zabuza, Orochimru, Deidara, etc.

No use trying to think about Itachi's logics. The whole plan was apparently very farfetched to begin with.

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 07:20 PM
I am wondering if Itachi still has something that he can do if Amaretsu does indeed fail. Cuz considering his eyes are bleeding, it's likely that his sharingan is being strained heavily and may stop working, I wonder how Itachi plans to continue fighting like that. :)

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
If Itachi can use Tsunade's recovery jutsu, it would really cheapen the jutsu. he's a bad guy, he'll use something sinister. A lot of characters have some type of jutsu that cheats dead but notice all the bad ones' power are from other people - getting it through killing someone (or religion!) but the good ones (Tsunade and old lady from sand village) use their own chakra. Then there's the Third and Jiraiya with none.
It was just to make a point that the tides of the battle can change. A lot of people seem to jump to conclusions that the battle will end if Amaterasu fails.
Basically, he would be weakening himself, yes. At least as far as we know. But we don't know what Kishimoto has planed. And the fact that Sasuke hasn't been forced to go all out yet is what I think a good sign that we're not near the end of the battle just yet.

Akumakage
February 15, 2008, 07:25 PM
I'm lost ppl, need some answers.
Did sasuke take Tsukiyumi or not? and if he did where is the side effects? kakashi survived it but was hospitalized right after it.
I'm confused with CS as well. What happened to the side effects? if its argued that he mastered it, he must have used it quiet a lot. If I remember correctly every time its activated, it comsume his will and does something to his body right? he must of trained on it, since he can do partial transformation.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 07:32 PM
I'm lost ppl, need some answers.
Did sasuke take Tsukiyumi or not? and if he did where is the side effects? kakashi survived it but was hospitalized right after it.
Sasuke didn't get affected by it because he broke it/canceled it with his sharingan.
The only thing that happened was that Itachi had to take the negative drawbacks of it, without inflicting any damage on his opponent.

I'm confused with CS as well. What happened to the side effects? if its argued that he mastered it, he must have used it quiet a lot.
Sasuke didn't use CS until he blocked Itachis fire jutsu. The other thing that was shown was inside of Itachi's genjutsu.
But even so, I'd say he's mastered it quite a bit from Orochimaru's training, compared to his earlier days at the beginning of the series, yes.

arslan
February 15, 2008, 07:32 PM
sasuke was able to break the tsukuyomi but he did seem to exhaust quite a bit of chakra to do that. sasuke has gotten cursed seal under quite a bit of control.
@Alexis
Actually sasuke has activated CS in this fight because he did a partial transformation to avoid Itachi's katon and he waas in CS mode when he and Itachi had a Katon show off, right before Itachi pulled the Amaterasu.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 07:38 PM
@arslan_tariqch, Yeah I remembered that and added it to the post. lol

BlackMamba
February 15, 2008, 07:41 PM
I wonder, how sasuke is going to save himself from black fire 8) Looks like it`ll be like, when it was fight Naruto & Orochimaru)) It``s impossible to stop amaterasu, isn`t it?

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 07:46 PM
I wonder, how sasuke is going to save himself from black fire 8) Looks like it`ll be like, when it was fight Naruto & Orochimaru)) It``s impossible to stop amaterasu, isn`t it?
He can stop it with this.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3118/hjhllhhlss6.jpg

Anything powered by Sasuke's 'hatred' wins. :)

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
@BlackMamba

Well Sasuke could have something up his sleeve that can help in that regard. Zetsu states that Amaretsu consumes everything (bleach fans, it's basically more or less the same power of yamma's sword), so with that said, Sasuke might get inflicted, but as Alexis stated, we have not seen anything substantial from Sasuke, so he might have something planned. :)

Side Note: Welcome to MH. :occa

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 07:48 PM

One would think so. However, look what Sasuke did with Itachi,s other M.S. skill and he did it with hate lol. I said this before, but the way this is going Itachi will use Amaterasu 2 or 3 times and it will be all over. That is why I can not wai for another fight. This fight has become to predictable with nothing realy new added. This chapter was better, but overall it has not been that good.:oh

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
If Sasuke uses Katon to stop Amaterasu i think i well lose total interest in this fight

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 08:08 PM
When he broke out of Itachi's Tsukiyumi I started loosing interest. I mean he brakes out of a super S ranked skill with out very little explantion. The only thing we know for sure is he used his hate LOL.
[hr]
I guess Naruto just needs hate to break of a genjitsu forget chakara and ninjitsu bring on the hate.

IchigoSoul
February 15, 2008, 08:11 PM
This fight is boring because itachi is weaken from years of using MS. If this was fought when itachi was at his peak, it would be itachi one-sided. Itachi is so weak that he couldnt dodge the blade flying at him.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
When he broke out of Itachi's Tsukiyumi I started loosing interest. I mean he brakes out of a super S ranked skill with out very little explantion. The only thing we know for sure is he used his hate LOL.
But honestly, did people really not see this coming?
Not to mention that Tsukuyomi is one of those overpowered jutsu that you kinda know only will work once and never again. But Sasuke clearly thought that he was ready to fight Itachi after Orochimaru's training, and he has experienced Tsukuyomi before. So his confidence (at least to me) indicated that he was prepared for Itachi's MS.

But I'm sure Sasuke's words weren't meant to be taken that literally. He means that his hatred has driven him to push himself all these years to become better than Itachi. Rather than hatred I'd say it's mainly thanks to Orochimaru's training.
Sasuke altready had this hatred for his brother several years ago, and look how that turned out. lol

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 08:14 PM
This fight is boring because itachi is weaken from years of using MS. If this was fought when itachi was at his peak, it would be itachi one-sided. Itachi is so weak that he couldnt dodge the blade flying at him.

i lost interest at that point as well, i think Kishimoto gave a lousy end for Itachi and another plot no jutsu for Sasuke
Its not entertaining to me as all that hype that we recieved for since Itachi's first appearance
has just gone to waste in a few chapters which is pathetic

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
However, this was suppose to be the fight everyone wanted to see for years. What do we get Sasuke in his prime and Itachi almost blind.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 08:17 PM
Sasuke would have still broken his Tsukuyomi though. So it probably wouldn't have been that different. Itachi would still have suffered the side effects of using it, like Kakashi said before.

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 08:20 PM
But honestly, did people really not see this coming?
Not to mention that Tsukuyomi is one of those overpowered jutsu that you kinda know only will work once and never again. But Sasuke clearly thought that he was ready to fight Itachi after Orochimaru's training, and he has experienced Tsukuyomi before. So his confidence (at least to me) indicated that he was prepared for Itachi's MS.

But I'm sure Sasuke's words weren't meant to be taken that literally. He means that his hatred has driven him to push himself all these years to become better than Itachi. Rather than hatred I'd say it's mainly thanks to Orochimaru's training.
Sasuke altready had this hatred for his brother several years ago, and look how that turned out. lol

I understand what your saying but Itachi realy took no time in explaining how it was broken. Most of us are still arguing about it. I am not upset that he broke it, I new he would. what gets under my skin is him doing it not clearifing how it was done. If later Kishi comes back to this mybe against Madara and explains more I will not be as unhappy about how he left it.:oh

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 08:24 PM
I think most people were confused on how Sasuke did what he did
1. willpower and hatred( .........please explain kishi)
2. CS2 theory
3. plot no jutsu?

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 08:25 PM
I mean when a S rank skill is beaten and is unclear how it was defeated Kishi useualy take some time to explain how it was deafeated. However, this time he realy did not.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 08:26 PM
I understand what your saying but Itachi realy took no time in explaining how it was broken. Most of us are still arguing about it. I am not upset that he broke it, I new he would. what gets under my skin is him doing it not clearifing how it was done. If later Kishi comes back to this mybe against Madara and explains more I will not be as unhappy about how he left it.:oh
Well genjutsu can be broken by using your eyes. Remember that Deidara trained his right eye to counter the Sharingan. Itachi also stated that "some" resistance could be made to the MS with a regular sharingan. And next time they met, Kakashi said that "things will be different this time" and that he was prepared for Itachi's MS.
Sasuke's use of Sharingan was said to be on a level above Itachi from both Madara and Zetsu.

criss_angel
February 15, 2008, 08:28 PM
It's Best Chapter

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 08:30 PM
Tsukyiomi is torturing jutsu. Time/space/matter is all controlled by the user. Think of it as Aizen zampakto release. Now that's countered by hatred? Fck this. Lame. Now Ama? A fire that burns fire. So my question is what happened when sasuke gets caught on fire. Even better what happened when sasuke countered that Ama. Lol i can't wait to actually taste the PnJ next week.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 08:34 PM
Tsukyiomi is torturing jutsu. Time/space/matter is all controlled by the user. Think of it as Aizen zampakto release. Now that's countered by hatred? Fck this. Lame.
Well it's not really hate.

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=726614&postcount=433

Read the second part of my post here. Unless you were being sarcastic, that is.

dragon2021
February 15, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well genjutsu can be broken by using your eyes. Remember that deidara trained his right eye to counter the Sharingan. Sasuke's use of Sharingan was said to be on a level above Itachi from both Madara and Zetsu.

That I agree with. However, Kishi never explained that well how he did it. I agree that what your saying a possability. I now one can realease enough chakara to pull you out of it. However, more explanation has to be given. This could have been Naruto or any charcter, I just want him ( the writer )to not leave holes for us to just specualte on.:notrust

Mikeh
February 15, 2008, 08:37 PM
Any reason on page 11 Itachi has normal sharingan and not Mangekyou?

Intentional or is it a goof?

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
I have no idea.

Shiro-kun

Yeah some Naruto sites claim its a goof up
more than intentional

its not the first time Kishi forgotten something at once he forgotted to put Itachi's eye lines in

ornis
Maybe Itachi pressed his MS-restart button. Just maybe. That's a catch I saw and didn't even ask myself about... nice highlight. It wouldn't be bad to know why the eyes reverted... if there's a true reason besides a probably true assumption.

manga_freaky
February 15, 2008, 08:47 PM
Well what do ya expect. Itachi is up against three opponents here. Sasuke, PNJ, AND Kishimoto. He was screwed before the fight even started.

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 08:47 PM

Probably a mistake. Same for Itachi's headband earlier having a cross-line in the flashback.
And him blinking with the wrong eye at the end of the previous chapter.

ornis
February 15, 2008, 08:52 PM
And I don't mean literal MS-restart. I often thought Itachi might have more stamina than witnessed when he ditches Sasuke in Jiraiya's Toad Mouth Bind. But, perhaps not.

Huey Freeman
February 15, 2008, 08:53 PM
I think I should bring this to this board, because I am really curious about it. Many of the translations say very specific things like:

"BURNS ANYTHING THAT ENTERS THE EYE'S FIELD OF VISION" by HisshouBuraiKen

"burning whatever is in its sight" by NJT

"REDUCED TO ASH ALL THAT IS REFLECTED IN THAT EYE" by Carlos Net

etc.

So, apparently there seems to be something specific to the "field of vision" thing that Kishi calls out, but since I know not Japanese...I'm at the mercy of these translators. The scan that I read only says:

"burns everything in its path" by Dattebayo88

So, is it "field of vision" or "path" or am I just overthinking this?

achoy
February 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
maybe its just a figure of speech that means it is the strongest fire that can burn anything

ornis
February 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
I think I should bring this to this board, because I am really curious about it. Many of the translations say very specific things like:

"BURNS ANYTHING THAT ENTERS THE EYE'S FIELD OF VISION" by HisshouBuraiKen

"burning whatever is in its sight" by NJT

"REDUCED TO ASH ALL THAT IS REFLECTED IN THAT EYE" by Carlos Net

etc.

So, apparently there seems to be something specific to the "field of vision" thing that Kishi calls out, but since I know not Japanese...I'm at the mercy of these translators. The scan that I read only says:

"burns everything in its path" by Dattebayo88

So, is it "field of vision" or "path" or am I just overthinking this?

Just my opinion. It's like the eye of the storm... so it's not the center of a person's sight, but it's the focus, the core of the weather. What is central in a hurricane is calm though... here, what's central is to be burned.

Huey Freeman
February 15, 2008, 09:01 PM
Just my opinion. It's like the eye of the storm... not necessarily the center of a person's sight but the focus, the core of the weather. What is central in a hurricane is calm though... here, what's central is to be burned.

If that's the case, then Sasuke is safe so long as Itachi is not looking at him directly.
[hr]
That would very much tick me off though, what a cop out. One quick substitution jutsu and Sasuke wins!

ornis
February 15, 2008, 09:03 PM
What's central to Amaterasu might not be a small window though.

Huey Freeman
February 15, 2008, 09:05 PM
It certainly doesn't look that way so far, but I'm getting worried that we have our "Sasuke is still the victor" plan laid out right before our eyes(no pun intended).

ornis
February 15, 2008, 09:11 PM
It certainly doesn't look that way so far, but I'm getting worried that we have our "Sasuke is still the victor" plan laid out right before our eyes(no pun intended).

Yeah, especially with that thought-spark (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-389/page016.html) (Sasuke, bottom right). That dose of insight usually comes before either "oh sh!#" or "whoa--close one", either can come figuratively (money on the last comment "spewing" from Sasuke any minute now [waiting like Sonic]).

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 09:11 PM

does kill the exitement of the results doesnt it

during the Jiraiya vs Pain fight we predicted that he would died but some still doubted , right now majority of people well say Itachi well die and very few (i mean a very small) well say he well live

boyakist4649
February 15, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'm starting to get a little tired of the amount of time Kishimoto spends developing Sasuke's character... there is so much more focus on Sasuke than Naruto.

And although we steadily see Sasuke develop into a formidable power, he always seems a little bit "lucky" in that he overcomes hurdles that have been lowered. Orochimaru was weakened. Itachi is going blind.

I think I want to see more character development with Naruto. Kakashi even. Sakura is virtually forgotten after the Sasori fight.

I sure hope that the next arc is a little bit more Naruto...

-_- ; *sigh*

arslan
February 15, 2008, 09:51 PM
all of us want to see other characters develop but Naruto apparently has to wait, and sakura might become focus of the manga soon enough. Along with kakashi.

ornis
February 15, 2008, 10:03 PM
Be open about it... they are finally coming along :tem But really, Kishi said himself, Kakashi's coming out of the background in a dark blueish way... seeing that Itachi and Sasuke are very glossy black as it is, what do you feel about that? Compare even---heck, contrast... and use this chapter as much as needed... for the topic's sake >>

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 10:07 PM
That Kakashi will die. I know it.

C4animax
February 15, 2008, 10:08 PM
However, this was suppose to be the fight everyone wanted to see for years. What do we get Sasuke in his prime and Itachi almost blind.

Maybe was it the best way to kill one of the strongest character without having fans being too deasapointed...if he was still THAT strong (and he is) without a weakness and sasuke beating him...hmmm...

That I agree with. However, Kishi never explained that well how he did it. I agree that what your saying a possability. I now one can realease enough chakara to pull you out of it. However, more explanation has to be given. This could have been Naruto or any charcter, I just want him ( the writer )to not leave holes for us to just specualte on.:notrust

Well it has been stated in the manga that you need to disrupt chakra flow inside a genjutsu, plus sasuke explained himself he just used his eyes better than itachi (which as been praised by everyone looking after his eyes), since CS2 gives a boost in chakra ( see the valley of the end) and added the fact that he was going to lose his two eyes...
I though the small chat between sasuke and itachi was the explanation.

I'm starting to get a little tired of the amount of time Kishimoto spends developing Sasuke's character... there is so much more focus on Sasuke than Naruto.

And although we steadily see Sasuke develop into a formidable power, he always seems a little bit "lucky" in that he overcomes hurdles that have been lowered. Orochimaru was weakened. Itachi is going blind.

I think I want to see more character development with Naruto. Kakashi even. Sakura is virtually forgotten after the Sasori fight.

I sure hope that the next arc is a little bit more Naruto...

-_- ; *sigh*

I trully belive that naruto's growth will come through sasuke's growth...so i guess it's necessary. But i'm sure anyone would like to see more of naruto.

arslan
February 15, 2008, 10:11 PM
Kakashi could die but against whom and how. It is difficult to figure kakashi's future out very clearly at this moment. He could fight kisame or even Zetsu. Pain and Madara might be a little too much for him and Konan might fight Tsunade or Sakura. We can't really say for sure because kishi is keeping us pretty much in the dark. I just want Sasuke Itachi fight to end and the story to move along :).

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 10:14 PM
Kakashi could die but against whom and how. It is difficult to figure kakashi's future out very clearly at this moment. He could fight kisame or even Zetsu. Pain and Madara might be a little too much for him and Konan might fight Tsunade or Sakura. We can't really say for sure because kishi is keeping us pretty much in the dark. I just want Sasuke Itachi fight to end and the story to move along :).

Even after Itachi is dead , were still going listen to the Uchiha revenge plot story due to that Madara was other suspect in the massacre

and yeah i agree Kishimoto does keep us in the dark until it happens than its easy to predict
(example Itachi and Jiraiyas death)

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
and yeah i agree Kishimoto does keep us in the dark until it happens than its easy to predict
(example Itachi and Jiraiyas death)
Hmm, what do you mean? Because I saw Jiraya's death coming the moment he had that talk with Tsunade.
But regarding Kakashi it's hard to figure out how that would happen because he's one of few 'main' characters with no story attachment to anyone in this series.
Every other character of importance has some sort of dream/goal/rival/enemy, but Kakashi doesn't. The only attachment he has to anyone would be his students, but that is obviously more important for Naruto and Sakura.

So what does Kakashi have? Well if Madara was using Obito's body, perhaps something interesting could be done for Kakashi's involvement in the story as well.
He does seem to be tied to this Uchiha story in some way. Itachi predicted there would be only three people with MS, but Kakashi now has it as well. So perhaps that will play some sort of significance in the story.

Decorus
February 15, 2008, 10:31 PM
Itachi has never been hyped in the Manga as god like, that was people making assumptions which were blatently false, if you are disapointed by this fight its because you hyped Itachi in your mind to be all powerful, assumed he had a much larger arsenal of jutsu then he did and expected him to live up to your imaginary expectations.

Where as I am enjoying this fight, because I had a realistic expectation for Itachi's abilities.

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hmm, what do you mean? Because I saw Jiraya's death coming the moment he had that talk with Tsunade.

yes obviously you got the point

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
I suppose you were being sarcastic then. That it's easy to predict the deaths before they happen?
Itachi's was also something I saw coming. I just didn't know how soon it would come, and I wasn't sure if it would be defeat or death, until he showed his psychotic nature.

Strangely enough, I didn't expect that when this fight actually happened, that so many Itachi fans wouldn't care much what happens to him. But he's been painted up differently during the last few chapters than what most people expected.

GPZrag
February 15, 2008, 11:03 PM
I can't believe Itachi took part of his own clan... the only thing possible is that he is being losing "skill" over the years... maybe that justifies Kisame being disrespectful on earlier chapters

Oni Shinigami
February 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
Tons of people actually expected Itachi to clean sweep Sasuke with Tsukuyomi from the get go.

And as soon as they found out their Itachi-God wasn't all that; everyone screams plot-kai and that Sasuke is overpowered.

Sasuke is the underdog in this fight and he's getting by only by giving everything he's got. And he's shown that he's good enough to force Itachi to lay his entire hand out.

I'll be glad to see Sasuke kill Itachi.

Shiro-kun
February 15, 2008, 11:11 PM
Tons of people actually expected Itachi to clean sweep Sasuke with Tsukuyomi from the get go.

And as soon as they found out their Itachi-God wasn't all that; everyone screams plot-kai and that Sasuke is overpowered.

Sasuke is the underdog in this fight and he's getting by only by giving everything he's got. And he's shown that he's good enough to force Itachi to lay his entire hand out.

I'll be glad to see Sasuke kill Itachi.

I knew Itachi was going to die, from the get go i thought that Kishi would of wrote it to the point that it was a equal battle and only to the last moment Than Sasuke well kill Itachi

that was i thought would of happen

i think people started to call plot no jutsu ever since Deidara vs Sasuke fight and "sudden more improvement" , "Naruto didnt learn anything during the time skip"t and "Sharingod" didnt seem help the situation

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 11:16 PM
I'd like to meet those people and introduce them to my friend. Mr. Common sense.

I remember that though, and I remember posting my reasons as for why I found it very hard to believe that Sasuke wouldn't be ready to fight Itachi this time.
Sasuke isn't Chad. He won't lose 5 times in a row. lol
[hr]

I can't believe Itachi took part of his own clan... the only thing possible is that he is being losing "skill" over the years... maybe that justifies Kisame being disrespectful on earlier chapters
I am wondering what Orochimaru planned to do with Itachi's body, and how that would help him defeat all of Konoha.
He would probably get as far as the gatekeeper, and then his eyes would start bleeding.
Itachimaru: "Damn it... I'll be back later!"

Payne222
February 15, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry if this was said already, but did anyone else notice that Itachi has a normal Sharingan in the last panel?
I noticed it just now reading the chapter...
It's on page 11,
I've got a screen shot here (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o200/bpayne222/ch389pg11.jpg).

Alexis
February 15, 2008, 11:22 PM
@Payne222

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=726682&postcount=450

Yup

TheChosenOne
February 15, 2008, 11:36 PM
Itachi has never been hyped in the Manga as god like, that was people making assumptions which were blatently false, if you are disapointed by this fight its because you hyped Itachi in your mind to be all powerful, assumed he had a much larger arsenal of jutsu then he did and expected him to live up to your imaginary expectations.

Well true, he has never been shown as "god" like, but his abilities and skills were repeatedly mentioned to state how big a threat he is. Kakashi practically worships Itachi, he comments on his abilities every chance he gets, also Oro remark of someone stronger than him, also puts Itachi on that level. :)

Drew7898
February 15, 2008, 11:37 PM
When They First Showed Itachi's Mangekyou Earlier In N The Series It Was All Closed Off.......Meaning Their Was No Hole In The Middle But Now Their Is.......I Guess It Means He's Losing Power From His Eyes

Payne222
February 15, 2008, 11:45 PM
@ Alexis - Haha duh! Thanks! (^_^')>

Yeah, I don't think Itachi is a "God" per say,
but more of...
a "Semi-God".
I mean, people have said his skills are unbelievable and awesome.
I just know I want Itachi to either win, or get away from this fight alive.
Sasuke's a punk.

toussaintac
February 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
Is it me, or has Sasuke been given a handicap for his last 3 fights?

black_crow
February 16, 2008, 12:16 AM
This is a silly idea, but if Kishi wanted to wrap things up... when Itachi uses Amaterasu I could see zetsu getting hit in the blast and becoming involved in the fight.

haha I hope Zetsu gets hit by it. that would be awkward to be discovered like that.

I dont think sasuke will die i bet he has a hidden jutsu that will destroy it.

What if Naruto was the one to stop it ? That way he could enter the fight AND "rescue" Sasuke

ya i know im just rambleing now :p

toussaintac
February 16, 2008, 12:29 AM
haha I hope Zetsu gets hit by it. that would be awkward to be discovered like that.

I dont think sasuke will die i bet he has a hidden jutsu that will destroy it.

What if Naruto was the one to stop it ? That way he could enter the fight AND "rescue" Sasuke

ya i know im just rambleing now :p

Do you think Zetsu was there just to help clear up what is going on during the genjutsu part of the fight and wait for someone to die and then eat them or do you think he's there to help Itachi if he happens to drain himself?

achoy
February 16, 2008, 02:05 AM
I think there might be a possibility that Orochimaru has encountered the Tsukuyomi before making him teach Sasuke to learn how to counter it only by using a normal sharingan.

toussaintac
February 16, 2008, 02:12 AM
I think there might be a possibility that Orochimaru has encountered the Tsukuyomi before making him teach Sasuke to learn how to counter it only by using a normal sharingan.

The only time Orochimaru tried to take over Itachi's body, Itachi used his normal sharingan to put him in genjutsu albeit a far stronger version seeing as it was done with sharingan. I wonder why he didn't just kill Orochimaru right there.

Alexis
February 16, 2008, 02:22 AM
Sasuke has encountered Tsukuyomi himself before going to Orochimaru, twice. So I'm sure he could use that experience during his training.

Inkovic
February 16, 2008, 02:55 AM
Sasuke has encountered Tsukuyomi himself before going to Orochimaru, twice. So I'm sure he could use that experience during his training.

But how does he train his sharingan? Does he stare harder or what? :confused

Anyway it is a good point that Sasuke has seen the Tsukuyomi twice before and can develop his counter strategy based on that.

enmymiguel
February 16, 2008, 02:58 AM
here is my question: if sasuke counter the Tsukuyomi that mean he can counter the other jutsu MS have?

bean
February 16, 2008, 03:11 AM
here is my question: if sasuke counter the Tsukuyomi that mean he can counter the other jutsu MS have?

not necessarily. He's encountered the tsukuyomi before, so he probably trained to figure a way out of it. Amaterasu is completely new to him and he'll have to figure a counter for it, which may not be easy if he's burned to a crisp. Amaterasu is a physical attack, not a genjutsu. Just because it came from the same source doesn't mean it has the same weakness.
[hr]

But how does he train his sharingan? Does he stare harder or what? :confused

Anyway it is a good point that Sasuke has seen the Tsukuyomi twice before and can develop his counter strategy based on that.

tsukuyomi is just a really powerful genjutsu...oro could have put him in powerful genjutsus and just make him break them, or sasuke probably looked in the mirror and genjutsu'd himself over and over again....practice makes perfect.

Oni Shinigami
February 16, 2008, 03:14 AM
Well true, he has never been shown as "god" like, but his abilities and skills were repeatedly mentioned to state how big a threat he is. Kakashi practically worships Itachi, he comments on his abilities every chance he gets, also Oro remark of someone stronger than him, also puts Itachi on that level. :)

I never assumed that Itachi was a better Ninja than Orochimaru. It's just a damn known fact that...

SHARINGAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>orochimaru

I wouldn't be shocked if Kakashi had figured out a way to beat Orochimaru before Sasuke slaughtered his Genjetsu.

Amatersu
February 16, 2008, 03:41 AM
Was it just me or did Amaterasu look a bit like the art used for the two tails? the spirally effects were similar.

I'm just waiting for Susanoo...the ultimate booger attack xD

gold349
February 16, 2008, 04:27 AM
I am wondering if Itachi still has something that he can do if Amaretsu does indeed fail. Cuz considering his eyes are bleeding, it's likely that his sharingan is being strained heavily and may stop working, I wonder how Itachi plans to continue fighting like that. :)

I think Itachi has or has too, no way is Saske dieing from this Attack, Amaterasu. That translation on that one page where Itachi and Kisame escape from the late Jiraiya Sensai still puzzles me, Kisame asks Itachi why is retreat necessary for you! he says that, until Tsukuyomi becomes the Amaterasu we should not use it (ch148 pg07), does that mean Itachi has another attack but needs rest first?

bean
February 16, 2008, 04:32 AM
I think Itachi has or has too, no way is Saske dieing from this Attack, Amaterasu. That translation on that one page where Itachi and Kisame escape from the late Jiraiya Sensai still puzzles me, Kisame asks Itachi why is retreat necessary for you! he says that, until Tsukuyomi becomes the Amaterasu we should not use it (ch148 pg07), does that mean Itachi has another attack but needs rest first?

I asked the same thing a while back...it seems that that was a bad translation. I think someone said that it was supposed to say that since he used both jutsus, he needs to retreat.

Neuroff
February 16, 2008, 04:32 AM
No, it's a bad translation. He's actually talking about how he's tired after he had to use both of them. "And also, I need to find a place to rest. Not only did I use Tsukiyomi, I even had to use Amaterasu."

tiberiuscg
February 16, 2008, 05:30 AM
look @ itachi's arms and legs, is he that flexible?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/05/

shachi
February 16, 2008, 06:13 AM
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000389/16-17.jpg
Is that the head of a dragon in the middle?

segua
February 16, 2008, 08:07 AM
The only way Sasuke was able to escape Tsukiyomi was to pump a large amount of chakra into his brain causing an overflow that might've caused a disruption in turn breaking out of Itachi's Tsukiyomi. So I think that with the help of the cursed seal, Sasuke was able to do accomplish that.

I'm sure that Orochimaru had Sasuke do some severe genjutsu-breaking training.

tiberiuscg
February 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000389/16-17.jpg
Is that the head of a dragon in the middle?he's not alucard lol

Smudj
February 16, 2008, 09:30 AM
look @ itachi's arms and legs, is he that flexible?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/05/

Yeah, a sloppy drawing.:s

backgroundc52
February 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, a sloppy drawing.:s

I think he's supposed to be spinning and that's why it looks weird.

Shinsatsu
February 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
we are so close to 400 :D