PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 389 Discussions [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2 3

bax
February 08, 2008, 07:21 AM
Early 388 RAW!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25519)!!

it's all Genjutsu after all... Wait.. Itachi is goign to use Amaterasu?! Will finally the jutsu be totally revealed?!

Predict away guys!!

menthena
February 08, 2008, 07:38 AM
I believe, Itachi will hurt Sasuke this time and most likely see the big pupil eyes of Sasuke. But as far as this goes, I don't think this is going to last too much, Sharingan itself consumes enormous amount of chakra... plus Mangekyou, Tsukuyomi? who knows...
Amaterasu might be the last jutsu of Itachi. Maybe that's why Sasuke wanted him to use Mangekyou.

You know... "I have the higher ground" style... SLASH!

kusomaru
February 08, 2008, 07:54 AM
Well it's still not nearing the end, being that Itachi is still wearing his Akatsuki robe. Or maybe this fight will break the pattern?

Uchiha Slayer
February 08, 2008, 08:39 AM
I guess we get to see amaterasu...Since the title of next chapter is Flame vs. Flame, im guessing amaterasu is some type of nin and dou jutsu mixed together to make that black flames when seen early in the Jariyia vs Itachi/Kisame fight.

Next week we'll just get to see the amaterasu, that plain and simple.

ManyHack
February 08, 2008, 08:58 AM
Well it's still not nearing the end, being that Itachi is still wearing his Akatsuki robe. Or maybe this fight will break the pattern?

I Agree with you. In mangas there certain patterns that need to be respected to see someone die or win. And Itachi's cloak is still on... which gives a sign that Itachi is still not considering is brother as a big treath.

But as Kusomaru said, there is a limit to Itachi's chakra and to the use of is MS before he gets tired... that what makes me think that he doesn't have much time.

My predictions:

First like to define my vision of Amaterasu... it is a fire equal to the sun's eruptic magma; that cannot be extinguished by any normal means. But! i big but... i have a hunch it as some living properties to it... like if it was semi-sentient controlled by is summoner. That said here is my prediction...

Itachi will strike with Amaterasu and sasuke will try to counter with something like Gōkakyū no Jutsu (Great fireball technique) but will fail... cause i think no Katon can be greater then the Shining Heaven technique. Scorched Sasuke will surely return to a offense that will disimulate a bigger one.. that put them in a lock; which Itachi will counter with a backstab of a serpentine Amaterasu! Title of 390: Clash of Snakes.

We all know that Itachi's life will get robbed in the end with Sasuke's secret jutsu... and im still wondering if Kishimoto-sama will switch to any of the two other groups.

Sesshoustar
February 08, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'm waiting to see if Itachi would unleash a new jutsu instead of Amaterasu - surprising us all. Considering that a number of ninjas managed to improve and gain new jutsu during the timeskip period, there's no reason why Itachi couldn't do the same. Staying stagnant for three years doesn't seem like what he would do.

coworlando
February 08, 2008, 10:10 AM
This is a silly idea, but if Kishi wanted to wrap things up... when Itachi uses Amaterasu I could see zetsu getting hit in the blast and becoming involved in the fight.

bean
February 08, 2008, 10:13 AM
This is a silly idea, but if Kishi wanted to wrap things up... when Itachi uses Amaterasu I could see zetsu getting hit in the blast and becoming involved in the fight.

I was thinking the same thing...it seems odd that zetsu has been shown so much throughout this fight...we usually don't have a commentator...

KingJosh
February 08, 2008, 10:14 AM
As mentoned before, I don't think this is the end of Itachi. I think maybe this fight will end with somthing or someone disturbing them, or that Itachi see's a great potenstial in sasuke and knowleges that he is strong, and give sasuke his Sharingan instead.

Prediction:
Since the title for the next issue is flame vs flame, I think sasuke will counter amaterasu, with a fire jutsu, and I think maybe this jutsu maybe "that" jutsu. But for the next issue I also exept more fighting, becuse Itachi may'd finally hand signs, and even Zetsu said that Itachi is going to get seriuse now.

bean
February 08, 2008, 10:24 AM
As mentoned before, I don't think this is the end of Itachi. I think maybe this fight will end with somthing or someone disturbing them, or that Itachi see's a great potenstial in sasuke and knowleges that he is strong, and give sasuke his Sharingan instead.

Prediction:
Since the title for the next issue is flame vs flame, I think sasuke will counter amaterasu, with a fire jutsu, and I think maybe this jutsu maybe "that" jutsu. But for the next issue I also exept more fighting, becuse Itachi may'd finally hand signs, and even Zetsu said that Itachi is going to get seriuse now.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh man...the denial is strong in this one...

I don't see why people have this notion that itachi is still good or was ever good for that matter. He doesn't care about his brother, he won't give up to his brother, and least of all, he would not hand over his most powerful weapon over to his brother. Maybe if sasuke kills him, sasuke might take it...but I doubt itachi will ever go, "oh man, you're better than I will ever be...here, have my eyes!"

Alex_1
February 08, 2008, 10:35 AM

I don't see why people have this notion that itachi is still good. He doesn't care about his brother, he won't give up to his brother, and least of all, he would not hand over his most powerful weapon over to his brother. Maybe if sasuke kills him, sasuke might take it...but I doubt itachi will ever go, "oh man, you're better than I will ever be...here, have my eyes!"

Yeah, I don't think 'the weasel' is one to give somethign without expecting it in return. In a way, up to this point, he's consistent with that kind of MO. "I let you live... for my sake." Like he gave him 'life', expecting that he'd get stronger in the future and serve him well.

In otherwords, in a way, Sasuke was like the farmer's (Itachi) prized pig which he allowed to get good and fat before taking it to slaughter.

I think Itachi's aim is pretty clear. And if he really starts losing this fight, he might have a surprising melt-down. But I do think that at one point in time, Itachi probably cared about Sasuke. My own denial, is that it was all just an act, all of their lives and all that time. :)

coworlando
February 08, 2008, 10:35 AM
Well after the time skip it showed Naruto's progression up to his super wind ball technique as well as a weakness (no more kyubii chakra). Now it has been Sauske's turn and I think we will see his super fire ball technique that serves as a counter to Naruto's big show stopper and then some weakness deriving from the cursed seal to even the to out again.

jodi
February 08, 2008, 10:41 AM
I don't think that he is going to use amaretsu.

thats only to make us think that it will happen
but amaretsu will be the last jutsu that itachi is going to use

i predict kage bunshin, normal fire jutsus and Itachi's robe being cut by Sasuke, but just a little cut, enough to make Itachi remove it

gold349
February 08, 2008, 10:47 AM
@bean, Agreed.
@Alex-1, Agreed.

Chapter titles are not always what they say. Anyway there is no doubt Itachi wants Saske dead, there will be no eye swapping at this shop. I have no idea/assumption on what could be used to counter Amaterasu, what could put out something as hot as the sun? unless Saske could borrow something from Oro's arsenal of jutsu's which we haven't seen, something like Roshouman, might just not do, it will have to be some sort of elemental jutsu to even have a chance.

This fight, Saske is still mystery to what he learned and did in those three years. After Fusing with Oro he was ready, even with CS and Hawkmode, he wasn't quite there but after fusing with Oro he was confident enough that he could do this.

He used CS to breakout of Tsukyomi so I'll predict that he will use something from Oro, something elemental, as a physical object just would burn and stand no chance.

Silver_Archer
February 08, 2008, 10:59 AM
Well, if we can have elite fire jutsu that burn as hot as the sun, I see no reason why we can't have elite water jutsu that can extinguish any fire. That said, we have never seen Sasuke use any elements other than fire and lightning, so it seems unlikely that he will pull out such a jutsu.

Shinsatsu
February 08, 2008, 11:04 AM
After using Amateratusu once, Itachi will get real serious. He wont use Tskyumi or Amateratsu again because the enormous amount of chakra he lost. I think he will put everything he got in this fight: some extremely powerful ninjutsu and taijutsu combined with his great shriken and kunai skills.
The fight isn't going to end soon, I expect Sasuke going CS2 and Itachi taking off his robe and showing us something we don't know yet about him...
Sasuke still have an arsenal of jutsus left (Orochimaru was a good Sensei for him :D) so, don't expect a fast conclusion because this fight is something we have been waiting for.
Amateratsu is the strongest among all MS techniques... How the hell is he going to counter it?

ManyHack
February 08, 2008, 11:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing...it seems odd that zetsu has been shown so much throughout this fight...we usually don't have a commentator...

Well Zetsu was more of the guy to put the facts in there place since it was all genjutsu...
Will Madara's lost trusthy scout ?
[hr]

I don't see why people have this notion that itachi is still good or was ever good for that matter. He doesn't care about his brother, he won't give up to his brother, and least of all, he would not hand over his most powerful weapon over to his brother. Maybe if sasuke kills him, sasuke might take it...but I doubt itachi will ever go, "oh man, you're better than I will ever be...here, have my eyes!"

And lets not forget... Itachi as been playing Sasuke, all is childhood... he never was a brother! He even laugh at the fact Naruto was a better brother then him. So doubt the guy as one ounce of goodness.
[hr]

Yeah, I don't think 'the weasel' is one to give somethign without expecting it in return. In a way, up to this point, he's consistent with that kind of MO. "I let you live... for my sake." Like he gave him 'life', expecting that he'd get stronger in the future and serve him well.

In otherwords, in a way, Sasuke was like the farmer's (Itachi) prized pig which he allowed to get good and fat before taking it to slaughter.

I think Itachi's aim is pretty clear. And if he really starts losing this fight, he might have a surprising melt-down. But I do think that at one point in time, Itachi probably cared about Sasuke. My own denial, is that it was all just an act, all of their lives and all that time. :)

ROFL :rofl

i so got a visual of this!!!

Blind Justice
February 08, 2008, 11:45 AM
I think the only way Sasuke can counter Amaterasu is with a jutsu fusing Fire and Lightning or even some CS2 bizarre technique that nullyfies amaterasu as it can´t be extinguinshed, so why not simply warp it to a parallel dimension?

sloc
February 08, 2008, 12:02 PM
Sasuke: aaah
Sasuke: gaaaaah
Sasuke: gaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Itachi: !?

zetsu: what does the scouter say about his power level?
ZETSU: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANBU4U
February 08, 2008, 12:13 PM
Sasuke: aaah
Sasuke: gaaaaah
Sasuke: gaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: ...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sasuke: gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Itachi: !?

zetsu: what does the scouter say about his power level?
ZETSU: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could any member of the Rookie nine deal out or deal with the level of genjustsu Sasuke has over the last Arc?

I don't think so, despite Sakura somehow being the "genjutsu" type...

How many years have they been saying that now? I actually think it may be a form of in-universe sexism in Naruto. EVERY kunoichi is apparently the "genjutsu type..." lol.

bean
February 08, 2008, 12:17 PM
Could any member of the Rookie nine deal out or deal with the level of genjustsu Sasuke has over the last Arc?

I don't think so, despite Sakura somehow being the "genjutsu" type...

How many years have they been saying that now? I actually think it may be a form of in-universe sexism in Naruto. EVERY kunoichi is apparently the "genjutsu type..." lol.
what about tsunade, hinata, anko, kiba's sister...

Alex_1
February 08, 2008, 12:29 PM
Kiba's sister? I don't remember her being involved much in the manga. Was she really a genjutsu type? Sort of funny then if she is. :D

I predict that we'll get more of the typical sybling rivalry from Sasuke and Itachi.

Sasuke: "It's my reality. You dead."
Itachi: "No, it's my reality. Your eyes!"
Sasuke: "My reality!"
Itachi: "No my reality!"
Sasuke: "Mine!
Itachi: "No, mine!"
Sasuke: "You dead!"
Itachi: "Your eyes!"

etc. etc. etc., like it's been for the past 4+ chapters.

Yup, they're definitely cut from the same cloth.

sabuk-demon
February 08, 2008, 12:33 PM
its going to have to get serious for itachi he dosent have much more time
after this fight with sasuke,if he dosent finsh this fight its the last shot for
itachi.someone has to die out of them both,sasuke may just kill itachi.

Shinsatsu
February 08, 2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah! quite right:
Sasuke --------------KILL------------------> Itachi
I'll be happy to see him die! J-Man is dead now, I don't give a shit about anyone now :°(

sabuk-demon
February 08, 2008, 12:50 PM
lol hell yeah j-man is dead that sucks
beside sasuke killing itachi would go nice with the plot.
the leaf lose one bad ass ninja j-man why cant akatsuki lose one.

Shinsatsu
February 08, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yes yes!
that's a good price to pay for killing the most powerful of the "good guys" group.
I bet Itachi is going to die!

bean
February 08, 2008, 01:00 PM
Kiba's sister? I don't remember her being involved much in the manga. Was she really a genjutsu type? Sort of funny then if she is. :D

my point was that she isn't...she was just like her brother if I remember correctly. There's also tsunade's little bitch, not a genjutsu user, that sound ninja from the chuunin exam...temari...not all the chicks in naruto are genjutsu types...

sabuk-demon
February 08, 2008, 01:04 PM
yeah look at him now,its a about to be a litte to late for
geting serious.its time for sasuke to get his revenge already
show us some new tricks he learned by mastering the sharingan
damn he had it for years already.

kigai
February 08, 2008, 01:16 PM
If he doesnt finish the fight quickly i think he going to go blind. Didnt he say the more you use the MS the fast you go blind?

Alex_1
February 08, 2008, 01:27 PM
my point was that she isn't...she was just like her brother if I remember correctly. There's also tsunade's little bitch, not a genjutsu user, that sound ninja from the chuunin exam...temari...not all the chicks in naruto are genjutsu types...

That flew over my head then. Yeah, the majority of women in the manga don't seem to be the genjutsu type thus far. As a matter of fact, unless I'm mistaken, the only one we've really seen use genjutsu is Kurenai.

If Naruto is sexist, it's because of other reasons. I mean, for all the super-strength in her punches, Sakura seems to easily get knocked out. Meanwhile, Hinata's always nervous and Ino was last seen hiding behind a tree, while Konan.... well... see my sig.

KingJosh
February 08, 2008, 01:34 PM
After using Amateratusu once, Itachi will get real serious. He wont use Tskyumi or Amateratsu again because the enormous amount of chakra he lost. I think he will put everything he got in this fight: some extremely powerful ninjutsu and taijutsu combined with his great shriken and kunai skills.
The fight isn't going to end soon, I expect Sasuke going CS2 and Itachi taking off his robe and showing us something we don't know yet about him...
Sasuke still have an arsenal of jutsus left (Orochimaru was a good Sensei for him :D) so, don't expect a fast conclusion because this fight is something we have been waiting for.
Amateratsu is the strongest among all MS techniques... How the hell is he going to counter it?

we cant say that amateratsu is the strongest among all MS techniques, becuse its not statet in the manga that it is. But I Could be wrong so correct me if I am wrong:)!

And about that itachi is a good guy i Never said that, I now that he is pure evil, but if he got beated up, so badly, that his life is in danger, he could give his eyes on his own, but that is just my opinion:)

garaa89
February 08, 2008, 01:48 PM
i like how at the end of the chapter itachi look like kakashi with one eye closed.

Shinsatsu
February 08, 2008, 01:51 PM
we cant say that amateratsu is the strongest among all MS techniques, becuse its not statet in the manga that it is. But I Could be wrong so correct me if I am wrong:)!

And about that itachi is a good guy i Never said that, I now that he is pure evil, but if he got beated up, so badly, that his life is in danger, he could give his eyes on his own, but that is just my opinion:)

Amateratsu is supposed to be the strongest... see how Zetsu was talaking about it just like some kind of misterious and powerful jutsu... "maybe we'll get to see Amateratsu!" That means even Zetsu, a big Akatsuki bastard, didn't see this jutsu before But he was talking about Tskyumi normally.

Itachi's eyes are going blind why the hell he is going to give them to sasuke? toreplace his good ones or what? Madara was the blind one and he took his brother's eyes which we don't know if they were damaged or not (I guess not).

Alexis
February 08, 2008, 01:55 PM
Well it looks like Sasuke is beginning to show his superiority over Itachi.
Sasuke refraining from obtaining the MS and beating Itachi without it, using his own powers and breaking Tsukiuomi like this with only a regular Sharingan shows a clear class difference between them.
I wonder how Sasuke is going to handle Amaterasu though. The "next week" part mentions Flame vs. Flame. Perhaps Sasuke is going to use his "that jutsu"?

That Itachi is gathering chakra for it must mean that it's very powerful, and consumes a lot of chakra because Kakashi did the same before he used the dimension gate against Deidara. If it's anything as good as Kaakshi's doujuts then it will be very interesting to see how it works. Not sure why Itachi only has one eye open though. He seemed to have hurt his eye somehow when Sasuke broke his Tsukiuomi, but Itachi was shown with both eyes open just a moment earlier. Either it's from when he used Tsukuyomi or perhaps it's part of the new doujutsu that he's about to do.

Shinsatsu
February 08, 2008, 02:04 PM
good news for all Itachi lovers!!
Sasuke is better than Itachi :) no more MS!!

dragon2021
February 08, 2008, 02:22 PM
Other than Madara's ability to control the ninetails I am a little disipointed in MS. Sasuke looks like he will win this fight becuase he has better ninjitsu and more chakara. when you boil it down that is what we are seeing. I know Itachi's eyes are weakening, but no one thought that you could break free from an MS skill with sure will and chakara. The next skill Itachi is going to use is powerful, but he can not use it that many times. This realy favors Sasuke.

enmymiguel
February 08, 2008, 02:24 PM
when itachi take hes outfit then i know is a seriously fight, cause thats what happen with the other akatsuki member before, and yeah sasuke have the outfit of victory and in the end i dont think sasuke will kill itachi cause he never kill nobody he is a leaf ninja. sasuke is like sakura and naruto they dont like to take life away from other people

Shinsatsu
February 08, 2008, 02:25 PM
WRONG.
we are talking about the dream he left the village for: killing his brother that is!

dragon2021
February 08, 2008, 02:32 PM
We can now see how this is going to end with Sasuke wining this fight. However, I though this wouldalso lead to a directional change in thought for Sauske and it has not. I mean he kills his brother what is next. Naruto may go away after he finds out about Jiriayh. Sauke is full of himself he might go right after Madara, but I think that is a different level than Itachi and he does not know him or his jitsu. Will he return to Konah or go it alone again. What I am saying there does not seem to be this ideal of Sasuke coming full circule atleast not yet.

enmymiguel
February 08, 2008, 02:42 PM
i think itachi will die in this fight but not cause sasuke kill him, and then itachi will tell sasuke to berial him with hes father and mother in konoha, the reason he know zetzu is there and if sasuke leave him death then zetzu goin to eat him. hahahaha zetzu is a monter he like to eat people

ManyHack
February 08, 2008, 02:56 PM
Well it looks like Sasuke is beginning to show his superiority over Itachi.
Sasuke refraining from obtaining the MS and beating Itachi without it, using his own powers and breaking Tsukiuomi like this with only a regular Sharingan shows a clear class difference between them.
I wonder how Sasuke is going to handle Amaterasu though. The "next week" part mentions Flame vs. Flame. Perhaps Sasuke is going to use his "that jutsu"?

That Itachi is gathering chakra for it must mean that it's very powerful, and consumes a lot of chakra because Kakashi did the same before he used the dimension gate against Deidara. If it's anything as good as Kaakshi's doujuts then it will be very interesting to see how it works. Not sure why Itachi only has one eye open though. He seemed to have hurt his eye somehow when Sasuke broke his Tsukiuomi, but Itachi was shown with both eyes open just a moment earlier. Either it's from when he used Tsukuyomi or perhaps it's part of the new doujutsu that he's about to do.

1. Never cross my mind that Sasuke's secret jutsu is a Katon! That would make sense.. since it's in the same range of ninjutsu... most be something really powerful!

2. That's something i never understand in this manga... whne you see someone "gathering" why do you let him finish!!! Doesn't make sense!

garaa89
February 08, 2008, 03:05 PM
i wonder if sasuke can do that thing like orochimaru and spit a copy of himself.

Alex_1
February 08, 2008, 03:11 PM
We can now see how this is going to end with Sasuke wining this fight. However, I though this wouldalso lead to a directional change in thought for Sauske and it has not. I mean he kills his brother what is next. Naruto may go away after he finds out about Jiriayh. Sauke is full of himself he might go right after Madara, but I think that is a different level than Itachi and he does not know him or his jitsu. Will he return to Konah or go it alone again. What I am saying there does not seem to be this ideal of Sasuke coming full circule atleast not yet.

The interesting thing is how Naruto's path is looking more and more like Jiraiya's. He couldn't save his teacher (Jiraiya), he couldn't save his friend (Sasuke) - at least not yet, but we don't know if he is faced with a 'choice' like Jiraiya, and what that task will be. And maybe... it's starting to show why Kakashi said Sasuke/Naruto's paths were similar to Madara/First Hokage's.

I don't see Sasuke ever fully coming around. I do however think he might be 'forced' to face or possibly even help Naruto at some point in time. Whatever the case... I think in the end, they'll either be teammates one last time, or they'll have a real fight to the death.

There is... however... one thing that I am really wondering. And it's if Madara or the first were actually jinchurriki's themselves. I think in one of the chapters (taht I had forgotten about), Yamato explained to Naruto about the necklace, and how it suppresses teh chakra of the jinchuriki. Since it belonged to the first hokage, I wonder how it was actaully used in teh past... and with the way the battle apparently ended between he and Madara, and the subsequent 'sealing' of two sides of Chakra by Minato... it's intriguing to think about.

greek mangaka
so blackf flames..a powerful technique i guess.how will our little sasuke react?i guess this is the time for the secret jutsu i guess itachi was dominated by sasuke so i think he will regain advantage or it will seems like he gained advantage.I see the battle ends in 2 chapters

Akasunanosasori

Well I think that there is a lot of things to do for sasuke after killing itachi He may go on a training trip or something!!
plus we all know that Kabuto has becom stronger than Oro and he is after sasuke!!
Madara is on Sasuke's list too and he will know from itachi how strong he is think like ("U killed me Sasuke ..but u can't lie a finger on him ) He is in trouble with Itachi (Madara's student) wich mean that he is weaker than Madara he said that too !!!
So I think that Sasuke has a lot of things to do after killing he's bro !!!

Reenie
February 08, 2008, 03:45 PM
I predict that Madara will activate his EMS and force Naruto into 9-tails Kyuubi state, and Yamato and Kakashi will be unable to handle 9-tails, so Madara goes on a rampage and destroys Konoha teams + Itachi and Sasuke. Then Madara goes bwahahahahaha and in the complacency of his triumph Madara releases Naruto from Kyuubi-9 and Naruto realizes that he's killed Sasuke and then becomes the new emo-king of the Naruto universe, with all the powers that position bestows, and then strikes Madara's eyehole with his Fuuton Rasenshuriken and makes Madara's Sharingan a pincushion with 1000000 holes, and then Madara says good Job Naruto! That was the key for the next level of the Sharingan! And then a Sharingan pupil forms for each hole in Madara's eye and he ascends to outerspace enclosed in a space-time pocket and looks for another planet to conquer.

KnuckleheadedNinja
February 08, 2008, 04:13 PM
can't wait till this fight is over . it a boring fight if you ask me (but i know you didn't). just basic a genjustu fight and there is nothing i hate more than genjustu fights (not like you care) and i don't really care who win. My opinion: sasuke shouldn't be able to defeat itachi after just two and a half year of training. i think it just another way kishi is using to make sasuke look godly.

HamsterofDeath
February 08, 2008, 04:50 PM
sasuke will activate the 4th dot in his left eye and will be able to stop and reverse time. and his sight will even increase. he will be able to wallhack and read minds.

sasuke will activate the 4th dot in his left eye and will be able to stop and reverse time. and his sight will even increase. he will be able to wallhack and read minds.
I always think of that.. like there is a 4th dot... I hope that happen for sasuke... that be so kool..

ptolemy
February 08, 2008, 07:10 PM
Sai is gonna get killed.

enmymiguel
February 08, 2008, 07:15 PM
Sai is gonna get killed.

not i dont thing so cause he belong to kakashi team now. and every member of kakashi team in narutovesrse they not goin to die:D

Ruhina
February 08, 2008, 07:18 PM
not i dont thing so cause he belong to kakashi team now. and every member of kakashi team in narutovesrse they not goin to die:D

Plot armour FTW!!!

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 07:19 PM
I predict Sasuke defeating Amaretsu with his hatred just like he did with Tsukiyomi. MS clearly has a weakness against people with Pure hatred, well we finally found out how Sasuke is gonna beat Madara. :)

ytsukai
February 08, 2008, 07:25 PM
Itachi will use his super cool technique, it's gonna last 4 chapters, we will all think that Sasuke is dead, and in the end... he's gonna kill Itachi. Yeah that's what's gonna happen. And of course we will see a lil bit of Naruto and Suigetsu. :D

GOKURO-3君
February 08, 2008, 07:38 PM
I predict that Madara will activate his EMS and force Naruto into 9-tails Kyuubi state, and Yamato and Kakashi will be unable to handle 9-tails, so Madara goes on a rampage and destroys Konoha teams + Itachi and Sasuke. Then Madara goes bwahahahahaha and in the complacency of his triumph Madara releases Naruto from Kyuubi-9 and Naruto realizes that he's killed Sasuke and then becomes the new emo-king of the Naruto universe, with all the powers that position bestows, and then strikes Madara's eyehole with his Fuuton Rasenshuriken and makes Madara's Sharingan a pincushion with 1000000 holes, and then Madara says good Job Naruto! That was the key for the next level of the Sharingan! And then a Sharingan pupil forms for each hole in Madara's eye and he ascends to outerspace enclosed in a space-time pocket and looks for another planet to conquer.

in one chapter?

Koen
February 08, 2008, 07:54 PM
I think kishi will fool us, and we'll be trapped in 18 pages of darkness, purely dark blackened pages

:p

Tendou88
February 08, 2008, 08:31 PM
I think kishi will fool us, and we'll be trapped in 18 pages of darkness, purely dark blackened pages

:p

:D

Do all sharingan user have their own special jutsu ?

like kakashi opening dimension, Itachi has tsukuyomi/amaterasu

anyways i think amaterasu is like a normal genjutsu but it will turn into reality.

Mische
February 08, 2008, 08:31 PM
I would say that Itachis Amaretsu will be a breath taking technique that will get sasuke close to death! Then he develops Mangekyou himself and gets himself out of the situation. eather Itachi escapes since he sees no way in defeating sasuke in a one on one battle or Itachi himself will loose his eyes to sasuke who then becomes one of the strongest ninjas that have appeared in the manga so far.

I don´t know if i like any of the possibilitys. It would leave a bad taste if both would get out of this battle that is so far leaving no doubt that one of them will die.
On the other hand would the gap between naruto and sasuko seem quite high. Although it has been said by others that its not fair to compare them since this genjutsu fight of course is more sasukes style and naruto has his qualities in different kind of fights.

Still from the start they where always competing so one has to compare them and to this point of the manga sasuke has beaten orochimaru and might beat itachi all by himself. I hope that after the fight naruto will get his own little "power up" and will develop more as a ninja too! After all when pain goes after him naruto has to become much stronger in order to beat him! I am looking forward to the possible fight with toby. I doubt that they will take him out though! It would be the perfect chance to bring Sasuke and Naruto on the same path again since they are both going after akatsuki already! Aiming for the top might give a possibility of them working together again. maybe not as a team but as two persons that have the same target.

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 08:37 PM
:D

Do all sharingan user have their own special jutsu ?

Do you mean their special own ninjutsu or something else. It's up to the user the normal sharingan does not bestow a special attack to the user. Chidori and Raikiri are all created, not something gained cuz of the sharingan. :)

like kakashi opening dimension, Itachi has tsukuyomi/amaterasuThe MS supposedly grants the user a special genjutsu or ninjutsu attack, like with Kakashi's dimension warp and Itachi's A and T. Since every MS is different it's plausible that each MS has a different ability. So Madara's MS could have a different ability than Itachi's MS. :)

anyways i think amaterasu is like a normal genjutsu but it will turn into reality.Isn't Amaretsu a ninjutsu attack from the MS :confused

Side Note: Welcome to MH, Tendou88. :occa

Coup
February 08, 2008, 09:02 PM
Lets be real... Sasuke is going to come out this fight as the victor. He may even win by default, with someone else interrupting the fight and killing Itachi(Pein or Madara). Once he stated Madara is his next target, that was the heads up.

No clue how Sasuke is going to counter Itachi's amaterasu nor am I going to stress tryin to figure it out. I just hope for the unexpected which does not include the hatred line. This justu is not a genjustu now...

Tendou88
February 08, 2008, 09:08 PM
Do you mean their special own ninjutsu or something else. It's up to the user the normal sharingan does not bestow a special attack to the user. Chidori and Raikiri are all created, not something gained cuz of the sharingan. :)

The MS supposedly grants the user a special genjutsu or ninjutsu attack, like with Kakashi's dimension warp and Itachi's A and T. Since every MS is different it's plausible that each MS has a different ability. So Madara's MS could have a different ability than Itachi's MS. :)

Isn't Amaretsu a ninjutsu attack from the MS :confused

Side Note: Welcome to MH, Tendou88. :occa

Thank you :D

i thought amaterasu was a genjutsu :p

Alexis
February 08, 2008, 09:08 PM
I think it's a MS doujutsu.

Thank you :D

i thought amaterasu was a genjutsu :p
It's the black fire Itachi used to escape from Jiraya's frog belly.
Here is a clip of it as it appears in a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswj6-hDrJM

Mische
February 08, 2008, 09:09 PM
The MS supposedly grants the user a special genjutsu or ninjutsu attack, like with Kakashi's dimension warp and Itachi's A and T. Since every MS is different it's plausible that each MS has a different ability. So Madara's MS could have a different ability than Itachi's MS. :)

I would say Ameratsu is an eye technique as Tsukiyomi was. In ch. 385 page 17 (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/385/17/) we can see how his eyes change! I would say this is when he "swiches on" Tsukiyomi! As we see in ch. 386 page 6 (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/06/) there are two different shapes to the eye that are both named as Mangekyo Sharingan. One is the one that Itachi used in the last two chapters which might be the Tsukiyomi. I´d say the other one is called Amaretsu (or the technique that results out of the change) and that its the more powerful one.

Just like Kakashi´s eyes change( from this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/270/07/) to this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/276/02/)) when he uses his dimension warp

TheChosenOne
February 08, 2008, 09:44 PM

Yes, but isn't it still classified as a type of jutsu. Like Tsukiyomi is a MS jutsu but isn't it also classified as a genjutsu. :)

godofthesunn
February 08, 2008, 09:56 PM
Alright guys lets start throwing out our own little fake spoilers to make this intersting..

389: Clash of Flames

Re-cap
Sasuke: I will make my dreams reality

Itachi: back at you... forms hand seals and closes one eye

Sauske: lunges forward and pulls out his sword

Itachi: Dodges while concentrating chakara

Itachi: Ameratsuuuu!!!!!!

but wait the ameratsu hits zetsu completly disintegrating him

Sasuke: !!!!!

400: Itachi's true intent

Now i know that was totally off but I cant think of what will happen when itachi does that technique.. will super sasuke dodge it like ususal or will he burn in the depths of hades.. I cant imagine any fire techique being comparable to ameratsu. additionally if a frogs throat was burnt .. snakes wont fare well either..What will sasuke do

dragon2021
February 08, 2008, 10:13 PM
I think the way this is going this fight is going to end in about three chapters. Itachi will probably use his black fire abut two times I think that is all he can do. He will then miss both times and be out of chakara. Then Sasuke will end it with a chidori. This my perdiction the way this fight has gone so far. For a fight that many has waited for since the begining of Naruto, this fight has not lived up to the hype. I wanted to see blood on the floor from both brothers working hard for every inch of victory. Instead we got Sasuke using a little chidori, throwing some kuni and playing with his brother in ginjitsu. I think Sasuke has taken one punch in five chapters. Dedra gave him a better match than his brother. The way it looks this fight is over and a disapointment. Not that Saauke will win, I want him to win, but that he should have to work harder for it.

GOKURO-3君
February 08, 2008, 11:02 PM
"Amaterasu" is a legendary jutsu said to burn for seven days and seven nights. Even Jiraiya, does not know of this jutsu.

finally, we get to see Amaterasu...

AngryChubbs
February 08, 2008, 11:14 PM
i predict kishi pissing off everyone and only giving us a glimpse of it before switching to another fight

The Shadow
February 09, 2008, 12:36 AM
First off, wouldn't it be great if it turned out that the last couple hundred chapters have all been doujutsu, ever since Jiraiya, Sasuke, and Naruto battled Itachi the first time? Then Jiraiya would still be alive!

Anyway, Itachi should not die, although it could happen anyway. In their earlier encounter, Jiraiya took some of the Amaterasu flame and sealed it in a scroll so he could study it. If Itachi dies, then there was no point to this. He should have found a weak point in Amaterasu, and one of his frogs should pass down this information so that Amaterasu can be overcome. If Itachi dies now, then this whole subplot would vanish, and that would be really stupid. But stupid things can happen.

Personally, I hope that Sasuke gets his eyeballs gouged out. Then he'll have to spend a long time learning how to fight blind, like a hundred chapters or so. Perhaps one of the frogs will even tell him the secret to beating Amaterasu. Then there can be some final battle where he rips out Itachi's eyes for himself and kills him.

GOKURO-3君
February 09, 2008, 12:47 AM
Personally, I hope that Sasuke gets his eyeballs gouged out. Then he'll have to spend a long time learning how to fight blind, like a hundred chapters or so. Perhaps one of the frogs will even tell him the secret to beating Amaterasu. Then there can be some final battle where he rips out Itachi's eyes for himself and kills him.

thats exactly what i want kishi-sama to do :D

Windmillblade
February 09, 2008, 01:37 AM
i think if saske looses his eyes he will become evil and feel resentment. probably end up in a dark orochimaru cave. oh and welcome to MH GOKURO-3君

TheChosenOne
February 09, 2008, 01:57 AM
I wonder how Zetsu knows about the powers of MS so well. He apparently knows the name and what should happen if you are hit with the attack. I wonder if he knows by personal experience or Itachi or someone else mentioned to him. :)

heiky0711
February 09, 2008, 03:03 AM
finally, we get to see Amaterasu...

You've said it! as for predictions itachi will form ameterasu and hopefully we'll get to see his true form and my guess is that he'll turn into a crow or something. Another thing that still bothers me is when madara said something about sasuke whether he'll turn into a hawk or shed into a snake. Hopefully that'll be reveal in the next chapter

P.S Zetsu is starving by the minute, rest assured that either uchiha brothers does not disappoint him!

Paradoxicon
February 09, 2008, 03:55 AM
I wonder how Zetsu knows about the powers of MS so well. He apparently knows the name and what should happen if you are hit with the attack. I wonder if he knows by personal experience or Itachi or someone else mentioned to him. :)

Zetsu is obviously observing every fight of the Akatsukis.

Last time Itachi used T and A he had to retreat. Sasuke isn't even in CS2 aka close to his limits. I hope this doesn't end with Itachi: "No.. more.. chakra..." Sasuke: "Me too. I'm totally out of chakra. Oh wait, I have enough to summon Manda's 3 little brothers that will hold you still while I'll launch the Ultimate Chidori that will slowly roast all of your body cells while I torture you with my newly gained MS for 72 hours."

Zeus-Tails
February 09, 2008, 04:08 AM
It seems that Kishi realized that he made Itachi seem too strong and now he's undoing that in the lamest way.

Didn't Itachi say there is no way to overcome Tsukuyomi? Who knew all you needed was hatred? =\

segua
February 09, 2008, 04:11 AM
Sasuke overcomes Amaterasu and subsequently kills Itachi while at the same time gaining Sasuke his own MS. With Itachi dead, Sasuke also takes Itachi's eyes which will give Sasuke the ultimate MS that rivals Madara. Sasuke than also beats Madara and takes Madara's eyes to get an even more insane MS. Now, Sasuke has the MS of MS's.

gold349
February 09, 2008, 04:33 AM

Zetsu was really happy that he'd get to see this famous Amaterasu, I suppose he's seen Itachi fight before 'cus he knows how Itachi is doing and what has/is going to happen but it'll be his first time seeing Amaterasu going by his words.

Prediction (one of many, till confirmed spoiler release).

The only thing that comes to mind, or idea how Saske could deal with Amaterasu if that is what Itachi is going to use next chapter? is either by some sort of seal summoning a weapon made from/by Kusanagai, what else?, it will be something physical or elemental attack strong enough to cut/put out something as hot as the sun., Kusanagi are expert weapon makers, Kusanagi seems the strongest thing he has in his weaponry.

Unless he comes out with an Element as strong as Amaterasu, which I doubt, the strength of Amatersu is only that high because of its special connection to MS sharingan. Elemental composition can only be beaten by its opposite element composition of the same strength, MS Amaterasu should be only be beaten by another MS user with something of opposite and of same strength, I doubt Saske's sharingan is going to play a major role in blocking/attacking Amaterasu, like it did with Tsukuyomi, the only reason I was sure that Sakse with normal sharingan could fend of Itachi's Tsukuyomi is because we had something to go by but for Amaterasu there isn't anything other than its hotness's and strength.

bradz22
February 09, 2008, 05:12 AM
Sharingan itself consumes enormous amount of chakra... plus Mangekyou, Tsukuyomi? who knows...

no it does not. sharingan only consumes enormous amount of chakra if you're not an uchiha like kakashi.
[hr]

what game is that?

kthy0056
February 09, 2008, 05:30 AM
Itachi prepares(or uses) his tehnique Amaterasu and Zetsu will explain how it works and what it does.And at the end , maybe Sasuke also will prepare the "that jutsu" .

heiky0711
February 09, 2008, 07:43 AM

Just to add to this point, MS is just another level of sharingan.

As a user awakens it, he is able to perform new dojutsus namely:

Tsukoyomi and Amaterasu

In Sasuke's case, he is yet unable to perform these jutsus because he doesn't have one yet!

Itachi even mentioned that by having a permanent MS, he can unlock some new dojutsus other than the Tsukoyomi & Amaterasu so this will be interesting.

But i don't we won't get to see that until Sasuke or Naruto meets Madara. And yes i'm assuming sasuke is going to win this battle because in the previous chapters of manga, there is a comparison between Sasuke and Itachi's ability based on flashback and i would point out that sasuke is the better than itachi. :)

Alexis
February 09, 2008, 08:35 AM
Yes, but isn't it still classified as a type of jutsu. Like Tsukiyomi is a MS jutsu but isn't it also classified as a genjutsu. :)
Yeah I guess so.

what game is that?

That's from Narutimate Hero 2 for PS2.

Shinsatsu
February 09, 2008, 09:14 AM
i think if saske looses his eyes he will become evil and feel resentment. probably end up in a dark orochimaru cave. oh and welcome to MH GOKURO-3君

Still talking about Sasuke loosing an eye?

Lucian
February 09, 2008, 09:17 AM
Maybe Itachi will use Amaterasu to Zetsu instead

Well I guess Sasuke will somehow gain MS in the fight
otherwise it will be very hard for him to beat Itachi

Shinsatsu
February 09, 2008, 09:20 AM
He is strong enough, without MS he broke out from Itachi's Tskyumi.
I guess he wont consider getting the MS now. Maybe later when he goes for Madara.

RoXaS_DTD
February 09, 2008, 10:21 AM
Sasuke will win this battle.
Not in the next chapter, but on the next next one lol ^^

i'm "shore" about it

Saifi
February 09, 2008, 12:14 PM
I predict itachi does Amaterasu and sauske takes its full on blast , but once again for no particular reason he comes out unscathed. Since while working for orochimaru he stumbled upon the cheat codes to beat narutoverse

All "sauske is our god" followers rejoice and i wonder why i even bother putting logic to why its so god damned impossible.

diegocfq
February 09, 2008, 12:35 PM
Well I'm glad this chapter went this way, I thought sasuke wasn't prepared to fight Itachi and it seems he is not, i think that the fact he was able to take tsukuyomi was to show how stronger he became, and that his potential is bigger than itachi's (because ever since Itachi got the mangekyou, he's been using it for cheap wins against evey opponent... and sasuke really trained hard to become a really better ninja while Itachi got staggered, because he had this great power, he didn't even try to train harder and stuff like that, only thinking about short ways to more power...)

I predict Itachi will show his extremely powerful Amaterasu and sasuke will get into serious trouble, but will find a way to escape, but I still refuse to think that Sasuke will finally win here... after all, if Sasuke wins, Madara would have to kill him or control him, because Sasuke knows now who's the secret boss and the man behind Itachi (hmm the man behind Itachi, how gay =P)

Another thing is: What you guys think of Amaterasu, what it looks like? I am thinking it looks like "Pain Packer" of Feitang from Hunter x Hunter or something even stronger

Fortisdiablos
February 09, 2008, 12:49 PM
Aren't there three doujustu that the MS can use? Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and one other unnamed jutsu. Am I making this up? I could of sworn this was mentioned somewhere...

bean
February 09, 2008, 01:25 PM
Aren't there three doujustu that the MS can use? Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and one other unnamed jutsu. Am I making this up? I could of sworn this was mentioned somewhere...
people are theorizing that that's the case. In the manga, only two have been shown through itachi that are expected, the ones you named. Kakashi can do another one that is unnamed and that's the dimension warp thing. People think itachi can do one more because tsukuyomi and amterasu are only two of three goddesses or something like that in a japanese myth/folk tale....

gdupninja
February 09, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hopefully, we will actualluy see some more fighting, instead of a bunch of talking and genjutsu.

ITACHIWIFE
February 09, 2008, 01:40 PM
I SAY WHEN ITACHI DOES Amaterasu NARUTO ANDCO WILL SEE BUT BE STOP BY TOBI

CheckMate
February 09, 2008, 02:31 PM
No clue how Sasuke is going to counter Itachi's amaterasu nor am I going to stress tryin to figure it out. I just hope for the unexpected which does not include the hatred line. This justu is not a genjustu now...

Roshumon!! Or whatever was it Orochimaru summoned while he encountered the 4-tailed naruto kyubi.

Though, if it is true that Amaterasu consumes heap of chakra, then the next attack will be crucial to Itachi.
How many times he is able to load his MS? 4x maybe?

This fight is far from over.. and by over I mean, one of them is winning :)

ManyHack
February 09, 2008, 03:23 PM
It seems that Kishi realized that he made Itachi seem too strong and now he's undoing that in the lamest way.

Didn't Itachi say there is no way to overcome Tsukuyomi? Who knew all you needed was hatred? =\

Well actually he said that you need Mangekyou Sharingan to resist it or to think to compete against his own.

I Imagine any pure emotion will go thru! I think it is not base on hatred but on the purity of the feeling.

Mendes
February 09, 2008, 03:31 PM
I doubt Itachi can use 4 MS jutsus. When he and Kisame fought Sasuke, Naruto and Jiraya, Itachi used Moon on Sasuke and Sun to break the summoned frog's stomach. After that he was forced to flee and for the first time his eyes showed no sharingan.

Although the next chapter's title is usually wrong, this time it seems very suggestive (Fire vs Fire). I bet Sasuke will counter Itachi's Sun with his own 'that jutsu'. He was about to prepare a fire jutsu when he last faced Naruto and Sakura at Orochimaru's hideout when he was interrupted.

Itachi's genjutsu was successfully countered by Sasuke already, its time for Itachi's ninjutsu to be countered as well. I say Sasuke will win in this matter as well, forcing Itachi to go over his limits and surprise his brother with a 3rd MS jutsu. It would make sense if this move was a taijutsu, but I cant imagine a dojutsu such as MS with a taijutsu ability...

diegocfq
February 09, 2008, 03:49 PM
I think that Sasuke defeated Tsukuyomi not because of his hatred, but because of his training and his growth, hatred was only the motivation he had to train and grow.

And about Amaterasu, when Itachi and Kisame fled from Jiraya's jutsu (Kuchiyose: Gamaguchi Shibari), Itachi wanted to go back and get Naruto, but Kisame warned him that he already used Amaterasu once, and that would be dangerous... probably because of chakra consumption / because of he was getting blind / because facing Jiraya after using two of his most powerful techniques (He already had used Tsukuyomi on Kakashi and Amaterasu to burn a hole in the frog's throat) would be very dangerous, after all Jiraya was really strong.

ManyHack
February 09, 2008, 03:50 PM
Just to add to this point, MS is just another level of sharingan.

As a user awakens it, he is able to perform new dojutsus namely:

Tsukoyomi and Amaterasu

In Sasuke's case, he is yet unable to perform these jutsus because he doesn't have one yet!

Itachi even mentioned that by having a permanent MS, he can unlock some new dojutsus other than the Tsukoyomi & Amaterasu so this will be interesting.

But i don't we won't get to see that until Sasuke or Naruto meets Madara. And yes i'm assuming sasuke is going to win this battle because in the previous chapters of manga, there is a comparison between Sasuke and Itachi's ability based on flashback and i would point out that sasuke is the better than itachi. :)

Sharingan is a dōjutsu (瞳術, eye technique,) normally related to a Gekkei Genkai (血継限界, Kekkei Genkai? "Bloodline Limit"). And Mangekyou Sharingan and Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan are heighten variations of the its original form. Tsukoyomi and Amaterasu is an eye power (i don't remember the Japanese word for it!) more related to ninjutsu.. but more specific to a state of the dojutsu.

TheChosenOne
February 09, 2008, 04:59 PM
Zetsu is obviously observing every fight of the Akatsukis.

I wonder how much knowledge does Zetsu have about the Akatsuki members and their abilities. He obviously knows a lot about Itachi, and the bodies of Pain. He may know things about Kisame and deidara. But if he had this much knowledge why was he surprised when he saw Sasori's true form, something only Deidara has seen. :)

I predict itachi does Amaterasu and sauske takes its full on blast , but once again for no particular reason he comes out unscathed. Since while working for orochimaru he stumbled upon the cheat codes to beat narutoverse

Well it's obvious that pure hatred > greater than anything. Kishi just might forcibly put flaws into Amaretsu. A fire that is hotter than the sun and will burn for 7 days and nights. That is nothing that Sasuke can't overcome, Sasuke's hatred will tame the fire, and it will go up in smoke. :p

Franckie
February 09, 2008, 04:59 PM
Roshumon!! Or whatever was it Orochimaru summoned while he encountered the 4-tailed naruto kyubi.

I agree that Sasuke will use Rashoumon to block Amaterasu. We do know Oro passes his "ultimate defense" off to people since we've seen Sakon use it. It is reasonable to assume that Oro would pass on his "ultimate defense" to his most favored individual, Sasuke.

How many times he is able to load his MS? 4x maybe?

Itachi can only use the MS three times before he needs to rest. Each MS attack draws upon more than 30% of Itach's chakra, which means he'll be working on ~35% of his power if he uses Amaterasu.

TheChosenOne
February 09, 2008, 05:06 PM
Itachi can only use the MS three times before he needs to rest. Each MS attack draws upon more than 30% of Itach's chakra, which means he'll be working on ~35% of his power if he uses Amaterasu.

Well Itachi was greatly exhausted after he used his MS once (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-257/page008.html) against Kakashi. Kakashi stated that Itachi had to immediately retrieve so that he can rest. :)

Another thing, Kakashi statement about saying that MS jutsu have no canceling (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-257/page007.html) effects, he obviously didn't know about hatred. Well most likely we might see Amaretsu being canceled. :amuse

Franckie
February 09, 2008, 05:17 PM
Well Itachi was greatly exhausted after he used his MS once (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-257/page008.html) against Kakashi. Kakashi stated that Itachi had to immediately retrieve so that he can rest. :)

We know Itachi has a low-effective stamina. Compared to other people such as Sasori, Itachi cannot defeat a lot of people given the fact he can only use major techs a couple of times. Although Sasori doesn't have a lot of chakra in absolute terms (i.e. Kisame), he can kill lots of people before getting tired. Because his fighting style doesn't require that much, meaning he has high effective stamina.

We know Itachi doesn't need MS to beat most ninjas, but he's used it to beat most ninjas. He's used it against Kakashi, Sasuke, running from Jiraiya, and didn't use it on Naruto because he couldn't. That's all the fights Itachi's fought so far after getting MS. We also know Itachi has used it in the past because Kisame was surprised Kakashi survived Tsukuyomi, meaning Kisame has seen it in action before.

Preskip, a large amount of time didn't pass between Itachi using Tsukuyomi on Kakashi before used MS on Sasuke and used MS again running from Jiraiya. It tells us that Itachi can only use the MS three times before he needs to recharge his powers. Likewise, Itachi revealed to Naruto that he is incapable of using the MS since he was limited to 30% of his chakra at the time.

Itachi has already used Tsukuyomi once, which means he's about 65% right now if we include the KB. Toss in another Amaterasu, and Itachi will be running on about ~35% of his power.

You can bet on this fight dancing to a different tune if and when Amaterasu is used and countered.

TheChosenOne
February 09, 2008, 05:28 PM
Yes, but I was just stating that he needs rest even after using it once. So even though three maybe his limit, the degree of how much you use it once kicks in. Cuz Itachi was pretty okay after using Tsukiyomi on Sasuke, but after he had used Amaretsu he was drained. :)

I have been wondering on what Itachi meant by saying that he had to rest until Tsukiyomi becomes Amaretsu. Does he mean that he has to wait for an entire day so the Moon (night) will become the sun (day). :confused

Delbi
February 09, 2008, 06:23 PM
I personally doubt Itachi's maximum output for his Mangenko Sharigan Techniques is three times. He didn't leave Kohona because he was low on chakra he left because he didnt want to "start a war" Gai, and Jiraiya were both present, who were both at full strength while Itachi was weakened from fighting and using Mangenko twice.

More than likley he deactivited his Sharigan because of the stress on his eyes, not the depeltion of his chakra. Kisame warned him probably because he didnt want him to go blind, not that he didnt want him to lose chakra. Kakashi can use his Mangenko 3 times and then more or less has no chakra. Although they are uber-powerful techniques, they are of Itachi's bloodline and most likley would use less chakra, not to mention he's had more time to master them than Kakashi does.

As for Sasuke countering this attack with the Rasamon gates or whatever, I doubt it because they proved ineffective against Naruto's 4 tailed Kyubbi attack, and Orochimaru used three of them. We are probably going to see that Jutsu go head to head with Ameratsu, I think its a Fire Lighting combo of some sort.

kyuubiseal
February 09, 2008, 06:33 PM
i really can't say much, but this is manga. There is always a main guy and a side guy. the side guy has his wishes and the main has his. there is a huge distraction and then the story carries on. Well in naruto, sasuke will definitely defeat sasuke no madder what. The only thing is how?

So far what i can see is sasuke is gonna beat sasuke. suigestu beat kisame. and etc. All manga ( well most) are like this. Sasuke-----------> itachi. There is not much to say except how sasuke will beat itachi. I would say it is common sense!

*****but there can be a chance that sasuke sacrifices himself to kill his brother, cause he needs to kill him but not survive at the end does he :P******* and hey this is manga. i wouldn't be surprised if madara teleported and joined itachi's fight :)***

Alexis
February 09, 2008, 08:19 PM
I personally doubt Itachi's maximum output for his Mangenko Sharigan Techniques is three times. He didn't leave Kohona because he was low on chakra he left because he didnt want to "start a war"
Actually that was why he left. He left because he was fatigued from the loss of chakra, and not because he "didn't want to start a war". That was only what Itachi said, but the truth was revealed later by Kakashi, and Itachi confirmed it to be accurate.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/200/itas2oq1.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4669/itas3de6.jpg

jodi
February 09, 2008, 08:32 PM
Actually that was why he left. He left because he was fatigued from the loss of chakra, and not because he "didn't want to start a war". That was only what Itachi said, but the truth was revealed later by Kakashi, and Itachi confirmed it to be accurate.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/200/itas2oq1.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4669/itas3de6.jpg

no, he left because he didn't want to fight all leaf ninja together
if it was only for being fatigated, he wouldn't even try to capture naruto in the same day he used it, but he did and used the MS with amaretsu after

EDIT: very nice signature, kakashi rox

Neuroff
February 09, 2008, 08:45 PM
Itachi can't use Mangekyou Sharingan with 30% of his chakra (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/259/07/). If he needs more than 30% of his chakra, 3 is the maximum possible.

Lelo
February 09, 2008, 08:46 PM
I think Itachi will hit Sasuke with Ameterasu forcing Sasuke to go CS2 then the chapter will end with Sasuke in full form getting ready to finally fight back

Tendou88
February 09, 2008, 09:31 PM
I hope this time they will fight for real and not in a genjutsu

heiky0711
February 09, 2008, 10:50 PM
Itachi can't use Mangekyou Sharingan with 30% of his chakra (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/259/07/). If he needs more than 30% of his chakra, 3 is the maximum possible.

Yeah but it could also mean that Itachi is saving every bits of his chakra to fight against Sasuke because he knows that this day WILL come. Have you ever notice that he doesn't even capture any jinchuuriki instead he lets kisame to do the job willingly and save until the big moments :

1. To fight sasuke & obtain permanent MS

2. Possibly after gaining that power to control the kyuubi

Aside, this is quite similar to One Piece where Teach wants to be more powerful and to take over Whitebeard. Similarly, Itachi might have the same intention which is to keep as low profile as possible and attack on the right moment and i'm quite sure that not only he wants to surpass madara but to take over akatsuki and hence the ultimate jutsu assuming they've collected all the bijuus. :)

Burexx
February 09, 2008, 11:10 PM
My predictions:
1. Itachi will start using amateratsu, and suddenly chapter will go to naruto's fight before itachi launches it. Madara will force 9 tails out and when naruto reaches his 9th tails he begins to discover madaras old EMS, then hinata will run up to naruto using her byakugan to dodge attacks, and few of her tears from byakugan will drop on naruto (chakra) and Hinatas kekegenkai will be transformed throught it and madaras ems + hinatas byakugan will form new overhelming eye technique (mangekyu Byaringan or something) and it will make naruto powerful enaugh to overhelm kyuubi & madara.

2. Due to Kishimoto finding his new girlfriend he got too busy for writing naruto so next 99999999 chapters will be about itachi sitting in chair and gathering his chakra for amaterasu and sasuke not doing anything cause he wants to see it.

3. Naruto goes 9 tails, goes berserk, kills everyone except chuck norris and afterwords he is listening Lonely Day/System of the Down.

2nd & 3rd was to make your day.

And dont post anything like: omg ur R3tArD3d cause all i want to do is open your eyes for new ideas.

Hockeychaoz
February 09, 2008, 11:53 PM

Hmm. I could be wrong, but I interpreted that differently.
Naruto doesn't look at his eyes, so I always understood that as Itachi had caught him in a different genjutsu. That's why he couldn't use Mangekyou, because it wasn't an eye genjutsu that Naruto was trapped in.
[hr]

My predictions:
1. Itachi will start using amateratsu, and suddenly chapter will go to naruto's fight before itachi launches it. Madara will force 9 tails out and when naruto reaches his 9th tails he begins to discover madaras old EMS, then hinata will run up to naruto using her byakugan to dodge attacks, and few of her tears from byakugan will drop on naruto (chakra) and Hinatas kekegenkai will be transformed throught it and madaras ems + hinatas byakugan will form new overhelming eye technique (mangekyu Byaringan or something) and it will make naruto powerful enaugh to overhelm kyuubi & madara.

2. Due to Kishimoto finding his new girlfriend he got too busy for writing naruto so next 99999999 chapters will be about itachi sitting in chair and gathering his chakra for amaterasu and sasuke not doing anything cause he wants to see it.

3. Naruto goes 9 tails, goes berserk, kills everyone except chuck norris and afterwords he is listening Lonely Day/System of the Down.

2nd & 3rd was to make your day.

omg ur R3tArD3d
[hr]

Yeah but it could also mean that Itachi is saving every bits of his chakra to fight against Sasuke because he knows that this day WILL come. Have you ever notice that he doesn't even capture any jinchuuriki instead he lets kisame to do the job willingly and save until the big moments :

1. To fight sasuke & obtain permanent MS

2. Possibly after gaining that power to control the kyuubi

Aside, this is quite similar to One Piece where Teach wants to be more powerful and to take over Whitebeard. Similarly, Itachi might have the same intention which is to keep as low profile as possible and attack on the right moment and i'm quite sure that not only he wants to surpass madara but to take over akatsuki and hence the ultimate jutsu assuming they've collected all the bijuus. :)

Hmm.. I always thought that Chakra just kinda recharges over a good nights sleep. Like, if it's Tuesday and you don't use a jutsu till friday, you still have the same amount of chakra you had on Tuesday. You don't get more, you just retain. That's what I thought.

Tsunade did say that she gathered Chakra for years though. So maybe you could be right.

*Edit* I thought of another reason why Itachi isn't conserving Chakra. He usually has his Sharingan on permanently. If he was saving chakra, he'd turn it off when not using it.

AngryChubbs
February 10, 2008, 12:34 AM

not necessarily, it may just take more than 30 percent of his chakra to activate the MS...but once activated, the use of the abilities are completely seperate.

an example would be, it might take about half of his chakra to merely activate his ms, and once activated, maybe 10 percent is required for tsukyomi (sp?) and 20 for amaterasu (sp?)
so depending on how he used it, would affect how many times he could do what

SacredNic
February 10, 2008, 01:03 AM
Tsunade did say that she gathered Chakra for years though. So maybe you could be right.

More like I think she stored or sealed it away which is represented as the diamond on her forhead, which still costs her chakra each time she stores it. I wonder if Sakura will do that as well at some point.

I think Sasuke will end up being severely hurt by the amaterasu and we'll see the chapter end on yet another cliff hanger as Itachi is about to remove his eye.

And I think that overall Sasuke is destined to loose because the moral of the story here is that hate will never be as strong as protecting something or someone that is dear to you. In Itachi's case, he is protecting his eyesight .. so .. I suppose .. in a way .. Itachi's cause for removing Sasuke's eyes aren't as evil as Sasuke's path of vengence and hatred.

Or am I playing with words here :tem

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 01:17 AM
More like I think she stored or sealed it away which is represented as the diamond on her forhead, which still costs her chakra each time she stores it. I wonder if Sakura will do that as well at some point.

I think Sasuke will end up being severely hurt by the amaterasu and we'll see the chapter end on yet another cliff hanger as Itachi is about to remove his eye.

And I think that overall Sasuke is destined to loose because the moral of the story here is that hate will never be as strong as protecting something or someone that is dear to you. In Itachi's case, he is protecting his eyesight .. so .. I suppose .. in a way .. Itachi's cause for removing Sasuke's eyes aren't as evil as Sasuke's path of vengence and hatred.

Or am I playing with words here :tem

O_o...
>_>...
<_<...

Sasuke is avenging his mommy killer.
Itachi is trying to poke his brother in the eye.

Itachi is rude!

SacredNic
February 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
O_o...
>_>...
<_<...

Sasuke is avenging his mommy killer.
Itachi is trying to poke his brother in the eye.

Itachi is rude!

hahahaha.. great response bro! :tem

KnuckleheadedNinja
February 10, 2008, 02:10 AM
am i the only one not feeling this fight. i think this fight was over hyped

Windmillblade
February 10, 2008, 02:41 AM
saske is gonna have to use flight to dodge amara whatever it is. make it harder for itachi to concentrate then boom saske stabs him in the back.

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 02:57 AM
Zomg, leaked spoiler page.

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eyedogmh8.jpg

Halo1022
February 10, 2008, 03:13 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course! Kuchiyose!

Kishi you sly fox you....:gigglebunny

Decorus
February 10, 2008, 04:02 AM
Itachi can use exactly 1 Tsukiyomi and exactly 1 Amaterasu and then he needs to rest until the moon becomes the sun again. Aka 1 day of rest before he can safely use them again. Each use uses up more then 30% of his chakra and weakens him not to mention the eyesight degeneration it causes. He may have said I'm leaving, because it is too troublesome, but he really meant I can't win, so I need to use my Uchiha art of run before I'm too weak to even fight off a one legged 100 year old man who is also deaf and blind.

whiteHanzo
February 10, 2008, 04:13 AM
why do u guys think itachi has already run out of his chakra? don't u remember the battle of sasuke and deidara? anything can still happen, kuchiyose might as well, till the last battle of them.....or not (e.g. itachi/sasuke run away from the battle or someone helps them)

so, my guess is even after a burning amaterasu flame and a CS2 mode, the battle would not over yet :D

bradz22
February 10, 2008, 04:53 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course! Kuchiyose!

Kishi you sly fox you....:gigglebunny

itachi has ninja dogs too?

bigtymer32
February 10, 2008, 06:18 AM
i think itachi is gonna using amaretsu and sasuke won have an answer for it.sasuke feels he has no choice but to use that jutsu but becasue of all the chakara he uses itachi goes blind as sasuke goes on the attack.

heiky0711
February 10, 2008, 06:47 AM
itachi has ninja dogs too?

Nah most likely crows or hawks since sasuke might still summon snakes. That's according to madara.

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
no, he left because he didn't want to fight all leaf ninja together
if it was only for being fatigated, he wouldn't even try to capture naruto in the same day he used it, but he did and used the MS with amaretsu after

EDIT: very nice signature, kakashi rox
Well Kakashi seemed to contest his "reasons" for leaving because he mentioned that Itachi became fatigued and that he immediately withrew in the same sentence, but completely left out the reason Itachi originally gave. It was showed as a flashback where Itachi said why they were supposedly withdrawing, and Kakashi said that Itachi left because he was fatigued, which Itachi never revealed the first time, and Itachi now agreed with Kakashi's assesement.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/257/08/

If he didn't become so fatigued then him and Kisame probably wouldn't have had much of a problem dealing with Kurenai, Azuma and Gai.
Kakashi also asked himself at the time "why didn't he finish me off? He could have easily killed me if he wanted to..." It's because Itachi became so fatigued that dealing with Kurenai and Asuma and Gai would prove too dificult if he still wanted to capture Naruto, so they left.
Itachi and Kisame apparently had no problems fighting three leaf ninja at first. But right after Itachi used his Tsukiyomi, they retreated. It's the same thing when they fled from Jiraya. No one was going to interupt their battle, and Jiraya was alone. But Itachi and Kisame decided to flee, most likely because Itachi had wasted two Stukuyomi already, and was becoming fatigued.

P.S. Thanks

badluckartist
February 10, 2008, 10:07 AM
I bet Amaterasu is actually some kind of enhancement jutsu that he originally used in conjunction with one of his many katon jutsus to make that crazy black flame. Or maybe some kind of reality altering jutsu... seems to be a trend with MS techniques thus far.

It was clever panel-creating on Kishi's part to never show us just what it looks like when Itachi uses Amaterasu- by doing that he creates just this moment years later, leaving us with an MGS-style question mark above our heads, draping us in suspense as to just what Amaterasu is.

I can't stand the genjutsu nature of this fight so far, but from an artist's perspective, the artwork is just fucking genius.

gold349
February 10, 2008, 12:33 PM
]I bet Amaterasu is actually some kind of enhancement jutsu that he originally used in conjunction with one of his many katon jutsus to make that crazy black flame. Or maybe some kind of reality altering jutsu... seems to be a trend with MS techniques thus far.[/B]

It was clever panel-creating on Kishi's part to never show us just what it looks like when Itachi uses Amaterasu- by doing that he creates just this moment years later, leaving us with an MGS-style question mark above our heads, draping us in suspense as to just what Amaterasu is.

I can't stand the genjutsu nature of this fight so far, but from an artist's perspective, the artwork is just fucking genius.

The katon is blown out from the mouth, the big fire ball it creates, is shot out in one direction straight. Enhancing it with Amaterasu just would kill, burn and not leave anything in its path at all, its overkill. Itachi is still confident in taking Saske's eyes as he says he is only just getting serious, and Katon Ameterasu just wouldn't leave any of saske behind, which is not in his interest.

I agree that the MS Amaterasu has got to be another eye technique similar to Kakashi's, Kakashi's starts at a focal point and pulls everything in Itachi's might start at a focal point and burn outwards, consuming required area. IMO he has to be able control its physical properties, the location and probably a barrier to limit the area effected. He's used it before, in the confrontation with Jiraiya, but will his left eye give him problems controlling it this time.

Saruto
February 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
I SAY WHEN ITACHI DOES Amaterasu NARUTO ANDCO WILL SEE BUT BE STOP BY TOBI

Darn I thought all the Itachi fans were down for good!

Itachi is as good as gone! Don't get your panties in a knot.

Koen
February 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
amaterasu will probaly something where your body can't move anymore, your soul is out of your body. You feel like a ghost who can't do nothing and just watch and feel the things that get worser

enmymiguel
February 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
sasuke will surprace itachi when he counter the amaterasu with a high level of fire jutsu, cause if sasuke goin to counter the amaterasu he must need a powerful fire jutsu,

whiteHanzo
February 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
nah, i guess sasuke will get a direct hit of amaterasu, coz till now we only know the impact of amaterasu a little bit, even zetsu think that amaterasu is a must-see technique, that's why i think kishi won't let this technique down...

as for now, i guess sasuke has not acquired any high level fire jutsu..... a CS2 mode counter is more possible

just my 2 cent

Hiruma-Kun
February 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
I think that Itachi will use ameratsu on sasuke and thne sasuke will somhow overcome it and then Itachi will be impressed and the chapter will end

gold349
February 10, 2008, 02:55 PM
sasuke will surprace itachi when he counter the amaterasu with a high level of fire jutsu, cause if sasuke goin to counter the amaterasu he must need a powerful fire jutsu,

Amaterasu is the highest level fire jutsu as Jiraiya, when he came to sealing it, wrote out a seal, for sealing the highest level of fire. Adding more heat to something already very hot, isn't going to stop/lesson or act as a defence for you, I can't remember a time when someone used the same element of the same strength to cancel out an attack. As far as I know only Suiton is stronger than fire. Unless Saske cover's Roshouman with the same seals as Jiraiya which is soooooo faaaaar fetched that i don't see anything of worldly material unless he has come prepared with something made by Kusanagi.

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
Amaterasu is the highest level fire jutsu as Jiraiya, when he came to sealing it, wrote out a seal, for sealing the highest level of fire. Adding more heat to something already very hot, isn't going to stop/lesson or act as a defence for you, I can't remember a time when someone used the same element of the same strength to cancel out an attack. As far as I know only Suiton is stronger than fire. Unless Saske cover's Roshouman with the same seals as Jiraiya which is soooooo faaaaar fetched that i don't see anything of worldly material unless he has come prepared with something made by Kusanagi.

Kakashi canceled out Kakuzu's Raiton Gian with a Raikiri. So, it is possible.
I think you can use a weaker water element jutsu to cancel a stronger fire type though. That kind of thing.

Tupac Shakur
February 10, 2008, 03:25 PM
everyone in this thread is wrong. a mist will come out of nowhere and sasuke/ itachis heads will fall off. when the mist clears zabuza will be standing over there dead bodies getting off. mark it. i win the thread.

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
I just hope that Sasuke doesn't counter Amaterasu with a regular 'Katon Gokakyou no jutsu', and then Zetsu gives us the same speach again about how a rock thrower can beat a shuriken thrower if he/she is skillful enough...

llamapie
February 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
Here's my prediction. Sasuke will ultimately beat itachi and in the process open his MS. This will force him to take Itachi's Eyes and then thusly turn evil.

gold349
February 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
I think you can use a weaker water element jutsu to cancel a stronger fire type though. That kind of thing.

Raiton (earth), that was always weaker than Raikiri(lightning). Saske showed this recently, but I think Yamoto explained to Naruto ch 333 or something that you would have to fight element attacks with the same strength opposite element.

If Amaterasu is of the highest level fire,which is MS technique, then as far as it, has been drummed in to the manga, then another same strength water element is going to be needed because Saske for one doesn't have MS, plus I don't think the same element has been used to defend off the same element attack.

Mendes
February 10, 2008, 03:37 PM
I just hope that Sasyke doesn't counter Amaterasu with a regular 'Katon Gokakyou no jutsu', and then Zetsu gives us the same speach again about how a rock thrower can beat a shuriken thrower if he/she is skillful enough...

Sasuke will most likely use this (http://manga.bleachexile.com/naruto-chapter-309-page-15.html) fire jutsu he is yet to show. If a fire jutsu is capable of countering Amaterasu it would have to be much stronger than a regular Gokakyou no jutsu. This new move of Sasuke's will most likely surprise Itachi, so that he's forced to use his last MS jutsu

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah concidering the "next week" part mentioned "fire vs. fire", the thought crossed my mind. Sasuke has an affinity for fire, so it would seem strange for him not to develop a new fire jutsu over the past three years when he's already enhanced his usage of lightning so much. It could be his "that jutsu", or parhaps he will save that for last.

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 04:04 PM
Raiton (earth), that was always weaker than Raikiri(lightning). Saske showed this recently, but I think Yamoto explained to Naruto ch 333 or something that you would have to fight element attacks with the same strength opposite element.

If Amaterasu is of the highest level fire,which is MS technique, then as far as it, has been drummed in to the manga, then another same strength water element is going to be needed because Saske for one doesn't have MS, plus I don't think the same element has been used to defend off the same element attack.

I thought Raiton was Lightening. My mistake.

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 04:07 PM
No you're right. Raiton is Lightning.

arslan
February 10, 2008, 04:11 PM
yup. earth element is doton. i do think sasuke might use 'that' jutsu to try to counter amaterasu. whether sasuke will be successful in countering completely or not, I cannot tell. Sasuke might be able to avoid great damage but he might still get hurt.

Saifi
February 10, 2008, 04:11 PM
everyone in this thread is wrong. a mist will come out of nowhere and sasuke/ itachis heads will fall off. when the mist clears zabuza will be standing over there dead bodies getting off. mark it. i win the thread.

i hate noobs that make accts just to spam , can u atleast try to make a decent 1st impression !

by the way, I think that next chapter will show itachi dominating again and the weak after well see sauske still unaffected by it.

TheChosenOne
February 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
I just hope that Sasuke doesn't counter Amaterasu with a regular 'Katon Gokakyou no jutsu', and then Zetsu gives us the same speach again about how a rock thrower can beat a shuriken thrower if he/she is skillful enough...

I hope that doesn't happen as well, maybe Sasuke will add hatred to his Gokakyou at maybe able to overcome Amaretsu as well, and Zetsu says the same this again. :)

ptolemy
February 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
by the way, I think that next chapter will show itachi dominating again and the weak after well see sauske still unaffected by it.

hahaha I get the feeling that you really don't like how the fight has so far been relatively easy for sasuke

enmymiguel
February 10, 2008, 04:30 PM
what about if sasuke used the same pewerful fire jutsu as the 3th hokage to counter the amaterasu

gold349
February 10, 2008, 04:41 PM

My bad, my bad my mistake, slipped my mind, Kakuza had a few elemental compositions up his sleeve, but didn't Kakazu use earth seals that was the reason why Kakashi was able to counter with his Raikiri?

Reenie
February 10, 2008, 04:58 PM
My prediction is that Sasuke will take a toothpick outta his pocket and counter the Amaterasu with that, and then Zetsu will say wielding a toothpick is truly a ninja skill and Sasuke will say ITACHI!!!? With my hatred and this toothpick I shall make my vision a reality!

kweci
February 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
My bad, my bad my mistake, slipped my mind, Kakuza had a few elemental compositions up his sleeve, but didn't Kakazu use earth seals that was the reason why Kakashi was able to counter with his Raikiri?
i believe kakuzu used an earth jutsu to harden his skin, which kakashi countered by tearing a hole in his chest with his raikiri...

Reenie
February 10, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hrmmm I found something interesting reading some of the older chapters: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/148/07/
Seems to suggest some sort of polar connection between Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu, and perhaps another MS jutsu that surpasses the previous two... "Not to mention, until Tsukiyomi becomes the Amaterasu we should not use it..." Taking the context of the quote - Itachi had just used Amaterasu to get out of Jiraiya's frog belly - the pronoun it doesn't seem to refer to either Tsukiyomi or Amaterasu so maybe Itachi has something else up his sleeve. But meh, maybe just a translation gimmick.

gold349
February 10, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hrmmm I found something interesting reading some of the older chapters: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/148/07/
Seems to suggest some sort of polar connection between Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu, and perhaps another MS jutsu that surpasses the previous two... "Not to mention, until Tsukiyomi becomes the Amaterasu we should not use it..." Taking the context of the quote - Itachi had just used Amaterasu to get out of Jiraiya's frog belly - the pronoun it doesn't seem to refer to either Tsukiyomi or Amaterasu so maybe Itachi has something else up his sleeve. But meh, maybe just a translation gimmick.

You know I've been back to that so many times, every time I read it It just doesn't compute, he used Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, so one becoming the other, just doesn't make sence and the bit about going to "resting in the same place" what was that all about? I understood the jist of it and gathered that he used both and that he shouldn't continue with the fight, he needed rest first because he used both major jutsu's? thats what I thought.

Saifi
February 10, 2008, 06:26 PM
hahaha I get the feeling that you really don't like how the fight has so far been relatively easy for sasuke

no its more like i have accepted that kishi wont let sauske lose and that its been 1 chapter per fighter recently in this fight thats why i said 389 itachi kicks ass and 390 sauske's hatred nullifies it

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 06:41 PM
I think that part was just translated in a strange way. At least I don't recall him saying that in the anime. The "Tsukuyomi become Amaterasu" part.
<hr noshade size="1">

i believe kakuzu used an earth jutsu to harden his skin, which kakashi countered by tearing a hole in his chest with his raikiri...
Yeah, but that wasn't the situation they were refering to.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/334/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/334/16/

Kakashi later countered a powerful Raiton (Lightning) attack from Kakuzu by using two Raikiri's. (One in each hand.)
<hr noshade size="1">

no its more like i have accepted that kishi wont let sauske lose and that its been 1 chapter per fighter recently in this fight thats why i said 389 itachi kicks ass and 390 sauske's hatred nullifies it
But personally I don't think Sasuke loosing to Itachi again would be very exciting though.

Saifi
February 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
But personally I don't think Sasuke loosing to Itachi again would be very exciting though.

well but doesnt that just prove that the path sauske took to gain power was indeed the right one ? and if he has to win , is it too much to ask for him to break a sweat at least (thats not an illusion)

AxelCross
February 10, 2008, 06:47 PM
Try and stay on topic with predictions, everyone. Don't go too in depth with other discussions. :amuse

Personally, I think we'll see a finish of Itachi and Sasuke in a stalemate. Itachi using either Amaterasu or some other hidden technique that no one knows of (Susanoo? I'm thinking Kishimoto had Zetsu say the whole Amaterasu think to throw us off...hmm), and Sasuke using "that technique" or another powerful move we already know of, having both of them near death. Afterwards, Kishimoto will likely go back to Tobi/"Leaf peoples" (love it) fight for a few chapters, and finish off the Itachi/Sasuke battle. Either that, or I'm completely off base and he'll just finish it in one foul swoop, but I'd rather the former. Not only because fights such as this become tedious after a few rounds of it, but it'd also give a nice pacing to the chapters.

Next chapter will likely be just what it seems: Itachi's big move, and a surprise from Sasuke either getting knocked out (genjutsu? :p) or Sasuke countering the move with a move of his own, and ending the chapter there, save for some discussion and witty one liners. So far Kishimoto has kept my interest with this fight quite well, but I can see this becoming a bit boring if the same pattern continues for the next two or three chapters.

whiteHanzo
February 10, 2008, 06:49 PM
yea, that translation seemed a bit confusing, but i guess itachi referred the tsukiyomi that he used to sasuke and the amaterasu that he used to burn the flesh barrier, after that 2 he needs to rest himself so that they avoid any further battle

that's why i think amaterasu would only come only when itachi feels he really need to, as it costs his stamina/chakra, so next chp would be around normal-mid rank level fire jutsu :D

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 07:06 PM
well but doesnt that just prove that the path sauske took to gain power was indeed the right one ? and if he has to win , is it too much to ask for him to break a sweat at least (thats not an illusion)
Hmm, yeah I guess so. I suppose if he does win, and his path seems to be a successful one, then Naruto will probably show him later that there is more than one way to gain power.
There's still Madara to deal with after Itachi. Sasuke did say that he would kill him next.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8594/tyyktycw3.jpg

But I think Sasuke looks a bit 'sweaty' here. lol

Anyway, since Amaterasu seems to be more powerful than Tsukuyomi, Sasuke is probably going to have a harder time to avoid Itachi's attack this time. He'll probably use something we haven't seen before. But no doubt does Sasuke seem ready for this fight.

AngryChubbs
February 10, 2008, 07:08 PM
if zetsu said amaterasu is coming...then i think we should expect amaterasu to come. it would be kinda lame if it was just a normal fire jutsu. i predict sasuke gets injured but then says...my hatred for you give me +5 to defense and attack and then kills itachi.

...i dont want sasuke to win...this fight is too easy for him so far, il be dissapointed if itachi doesn't at least make him use his best technique.

Saifi
February 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
you know what would be intresting ......if somehow sauske has the MS and the susanoo ability, since in japnese folklore susanoo is amaterasu's brother , and controls water/wind.

but none of these are his elements

arslan
February 10, 2008, 07:48 PM
@saifi
although it might be interesting if sasuke had MS, it is highly unlikely that he actually does. Also, it is just a conjecture that a move called susanoo might exist. This conjecture is related to mythology and there haven't really been any clues in the manga that one such move exists. also in my opinion, MS does not have its set of special moves. It grants the user power and the moves (jutsu) are dependent on the user. Just like kakashi's space/time warp jutsu. So, unless Madara taught them to itachi, Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu might be unique to Itachi.

TheChosenOne
February 10, 2008, 07:58 PM
Well the technique that comes with EMS could be Sussanoo, or have a connection to it. As for the predictions I hope that Itachi is finally serious, hope Amaretsu is that powerful as it's implied, I wonder if there are different ways that Amaretsu can be used. :)

Shiro-kun
February 10, 2008, 08:42 PM
Well the technique that comes with EMS could be Sussanoo, or have a connection to it. As for the predictions I hope that Itachi is finally serious, hope Amaretsu is that powerful as it's implied, I wonder if there are different ways that Amaretsu can be used. :)

as one of the three gods and in which Itachi has already carry two names of the gods for his jutsus, it could be possible that he already has it so who knows
but if he doesnt yeah it can be a benefit for gaining EMS but i highly doubt he would gain the EMS

and If Itachi is just now getting serious we have a lot to see dont we?

heiky0711
February 10, 2008, 08:55 PM
Hmm, yeah I guess so. I suppose if he does win, and his path seems to be a successful one, then Naruto will probably show him later that there is more than one way to gain power.
There's still Madara to deal with after Itachi. Sasuke did say that he would kill him next.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8594/tyyktycw3.jpg

But I think Sasuke looks a bit 'sweaty' here. lol

Anyway, since Amaterasu seems to be more powerful than Tsukuyomi, Sasuke is probably going to have a harder time to avoid Itachi's attack this time. He'll probably use something we haven't seen before. But no doubt does Sasuke seem ready for this fight.

Speaking about paths, here comes my theory. The fact that both naruto and sasuke went on separate ways to gain power and become stronger. Somehow i feel that these paths will coincide once again without them noticing.

The reason why:

Naruto wants to save sasuke but he knows that he has to be alert about the akatsukies. Plus sooner or later he will know about Jiraiya's death and may get jiraiya's personal message from that long frog who carries that jutsu.

Meanwhile, Sasuke wants to kill itachi and then madara. After a few chapters, he would have a better understanding about the relation between kyuubi and the uchiha's power. I know deep down that sasuke doesn't want naruto to suffer this.

I also believe that there's a mutual understanding between those two; naruto and sasuke. Although sasuke doesn't seem want to go back to the village.

In fact, sasuke once said during the naruti gaara battle, he doesn't want to see any of his comrades die again. Hence the reason why he didn't want to take the MS.

Maybe. if sasuke manage to kill itachi, itachi would probably have his last words. Itachi could finally admit defeat and ask sasuke to send a message to naruto and that's where sasuke begins his second goal which is not only to kill madara but to save naruto as well.

Saifi
February 10, 2008, 08:57 PM
@saifi
although it might be interesting if sasuke had MS, it is highly unlikely that he actually does. Also, it is just a conjecture that a move called susanoo might exist. This conjecture is related to mythology and there haven't really been any clues in the manga that one such move exists. also in my opinion, MS does not have its set of special moves. It grants the user power and the moves (jutsu) are dependent on the user. Just like kakashi's space/time warp jutsu. So, unless Madara taught them to itachi, Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu might be unique to Itachi.

i know , i was just speculating /predicting . There is a possibility it exists even though it has never been mentioned b4

bean
February 10, 2008, 09:45 PM
if itachi is actually prepping to use amatersu...I have a feeling we might be seeing this soon:

first we see itachi do this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/356/12/)

and then we see sasuke like this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/356/16/)

Hockeychaoz
February 10, 2008, 09:49 PM
I think that next chapter something huge has to happen.
I mean, if Itachi is going to do Amaterasu, and its as big as Zetsu says, then Sasuke has to do something equally as big to beat it.

We know that Itachi will eventually die, and that Sasuke cannot die, so I just really think that next capter we're gonna see Sasuke unleash something big.

MS, I think is unlikely. He said he wants his own way of power.
Maybe some sort of enhanced Sharingan.

I don't want it to be a straight up jutsu because I don't want to believe that something has built up as Amaterasu can be beat by a jutsu.

Maybe something that he and Orochimaru developed.

AngryChubbs
February 10, 2008, 09:59 PM
i predict his that jutsu is probably a fire jutsu. but i really hope it doesnt compare to amaterasu....that would just be making sasuke stronger than he needs to be. i mean, he can already break tsukyomi without ms...how much stronger does he need be?

bean
February 10, 2008, 10:18 PM
it could very well be that that jutsu is amatersu sasuke edition.
[hr]
personally, i think zetsu is misleading us...we probably won't see amatersu

zr0
February 10, 2008, 10:30 PM
im starting to believe sasuke already has ms when he used his space-time jutsu. i think sasuke will do something in that nature against itachi's amatersu to counter it then hit him when hes weak. :sigh: i want itachi to take his eyes

AngryChubbs
February 10, 2008, 10:48 PM
if sasuke can beat itachi, who was said to be one of the best ever, without ms...then when he does aquire ms...do you have any idea just how godly he will have become? 10 jirayas wouldnt be able to take him out.

Alexis
February 10, 2008, 10:58 PM
im starting to believe sasuke already has ms when he used his space-time jutsu.
If you're refering to when he escaped Deidara's blast with Manda, I believe that might have been a simple un-summon, and Sasuke ended up wherever Summons go when they're un summoned.
If it was a space-time jutsu then he probably wouldn't have needed Manda for that.

SacredNic
February 10, 2008, 11:39 PM

lol! love it. :tem

Timoteo
February 10, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm hoping that we'll see some Uchiha-quality katon attacks. If Sasuke can use shape manipulation like a pro now, who knows what kind of stuff he'll come up with. He might use fire chakra in combination with his kusanagi sword, or just a katon chidori. If he can't electrocute himself to death with his nagashi attack, I bet he can't burn his hand.

GOKURO-3君
February 11, 2008, 12:18 AM
sasuke's 'that jutsu' would probably be like the 'taking control of dimensions willpower' (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-346/page006.html) thing, but more advanced...

Fallen.
February 11, 2008, 02:06 AM
Amaterasu (天照, Amaterasu?), Amaterasu-ōmikami (天照大神 or 天照大御神) or Ōhiru-menomuchi-no-kami (大日孁貴神) is in Japanese mythology a sun goddess and perhaps the most important Shinto deity (神 kami). Her name, Amaterasu, means literally "(that which) illuminates Heaven".

so it's something to do with fire lol

bean
February 11, 2008, 02:40 AM
sasuke's 'that jutsu' would probably be like the 'taking control of dimensions willpower' (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-346/page006.html) thing, but more advanced...

I dunno, it seemed that his that jutsu was a physical thing, not something within a jutsu...I don't see why he would have to raise his hand to control the dimension within a genjutsu or whatever...

Face Cannon
February 11, 2008, 03:20 AM
Predictions for 389:

Itachi: ugh now im srius........
Sasuke: i hate u and i am strong becuz hate
Itachi: eat flames noob
Sasuke: im a bigger flamer than you
Itachi: lol no kidding but im not talking about sexuality here this techinique will pk you
Sasuke: ugh im on fire and dying jk it was illusion
Itachi: lol o dam u cleaved me in half jk just illusion
PLANT GUY: lol look now itachi is getting serius...

Then chapter 390 will pretty much be the same.

razor
February 11, 2008, 03:41 AM
i predict that there will be some fight and all about uchihas fighting.lol.and then another uchiha(madara) with naruto group and then uchiha until the end of manga.lol.Part 3 - Uchiha Family

bradz22
February 11, 2008, 04:21 AM
Nah most likely crows or hawks since sasuke might still summon snakes. That's according to madara.

no, i'm talking about the spoiler pic in which it is shown that the handseals itachi is doing is to perform kuchiyose ( a ninja dog).

it is before the post i quoted.

gold349
February 11, 2008, 04:54 AM
no, i'm talking about the spoiler pic in which it is shown that the handseals itachi is doing is to perform kuchiyose ( a ninja dog).

it is before the post i quoted.

It wasn't a spoiler, it was doctored from the last chapter.

warsetone
February 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
ya buddy
i was thinking something strange about ur signature pic
where did the 5th hokage go?

Marcus Beoulve
February 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
I foresee another chapter where we, again, deceived by Kishimoto, wondering soon as a development for that fight is already passed!

As for Amaterasu, if it tires the body of Itachi like MS that he has to use, then I believe it will not use it. I want to see Sasuke using "this jutsu" (as the uncle Orochi banned the use of the forward Konohas)

Darrenj
February 11, 2008, 08:18 AM
susake will lose his body :)

he might win, but he will get a suprise when he goes to kabuto for help due to his eye :)

pukki
February 11, 2008, 08:30 AM
you know what would be intresting ......if somehow sauske has the MS and the susanoo ability, since in japnese folklore susanoo is amaterasu's brother , and controls water/wind.

but none of these are his elements

Assuming Naruto's second element is water ( which is likely because it would really make him the successor of the whirlpool country etc. ), he might get involved in this whole folklore thing :P
but i don't see him being connected to the sharingan, though...

On topic :

I predict itachi's gonna use amaterasu, we'll see the whole place burning and then sasuke in CS2 flying above it but with his second wing burning and falling off, too.

OR

sasuke's trying to attack itachi but it's a bunshin, then we'll see itachi who's about to use amaterasu but then the manga's skipping to another fight, most likely tobi vs. leaf.

NAti
February 11, 2008, 08:47 AM
maybe will see what thing Ori didnt want sasuke to use on naturo , sakura, sai and yamato =O ?

gcd
February 11, 2008, 08:53 AM
If itachi didnt used the ms he could win this battle, he got the upperhand everytime in taijutsu and skills against sasuke, i dont see why hes using ms, maybe kishi just want itachi out of chakra and them sasuke can kill him.

Predictions - Amateratsu x sasuke new jutsu ( fire ), and thats it, some genjutsu CRAP again.

Sorry about my english ppl, im working on it, lov u all.

MtoM
February 11, 2008, 09:12 AM
predictions
Sasuke get owned OR
Sasuke somehow beats Amaterasu OR
Sasuke will awaken his Mangekyou

garaa89
February 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
ms it different that normal sharingan you cant just turn it on, you have to kill your brother.

D3M1URG3
February 11, 2008, 09:33 AM
I predict that Kishimoto will continue to screw with us with these illusion chapters, and continue to piss me off by getting my hopes up over said illusion chapters (I nearly had a joygasm when I saw Sasuke's eye removed and in a jar of water). Something needs to give! Either Itachi gets his eyes or Sasuke kills Itachi! Choose Kishimoto!!!!

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
nah, i guess sasuke will get a direct hit of amaterasu, coz till now we only know the impact of amaterasu a little bit, even zetsu think that amaterasu is a must-see technique, that's why i think kishi won't let this technique down...

as for now, i guess sasuke has not acquired any high level fire jutsu..... a CS2 mode counter is more possible

just my 2 cent

I Agree with you... Kishimoto-sama style is more of showing off a good start and twist it to the other side, in a slap, and forward it to a 50/50 chance until... a big conclusion.

So Amaterasu hit.. concluded.
Deadly situation for Sasuke... concluded.
Zetsu's wish to see it.. concluded.

Cursed Seal as already been used.... not sure we will see an other burst of the Hawk.
[hr]

I Agree with you... stronger elements should negate is opposite even if the jutsu is a few notch under it.
[hr]

I hope that doesn't happen as well, maybe Sasuke will add hatred to his Gokakyou at maybe able to overcome Amaretsu as well, and Zetsu says the same this again. :)

Hope not... cause it will make Itachi, to our eyes, even weaker.

Amaterasu is one of the highest fire techniques and it will be defeated by a mere Goukakyû... only because hatred will be channeled.

Kishimoto-sama, please don't!

Tendou88
February 11, 2008, 10:31 AM
My prediction:
I think Sasuke will do "that jutsu" and Itachi gets surprised.
and their jutsu will clash, proably make a explosion in the house.
then they are outside, Team Hebi notice that and goes there asap.
The one that will be standing is Itachi and sasuke is worn out and fainted.
Zetsu comes out and wants to eat sasuke but Itachi prevents that.

Zetsu: you will regret this itachi, remeber that
fades away

Itachi also worn out now
and guess what !
Kabuto comes to take one of the sharingan, proably Itachi's
and Itachi dies or might live but blinded and captured.
Kabuto is goin to kill sasuke but Team Hebi saves him
which means Kabuto has to retreat.

End of the battle

need like 2-3 chaps for this :)

jerger
February 11, 2008, 10:54 AM
gaara89... if you have to kill your bro to gain ms... then how did madara gain ms before killing his brother? he didn't... him and his brother both gained ms without killing their siblings...

that was a lie. who knows what other lies the akatsuki tell people or even each other.

update*:

poster above me... i never even thought of it... but your right... oro's plan was to gain sharingan... he could easily have itatchis... although would someday too go blind.

Seta Soujirou
February 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
i agree with jerger...kakashi had ms...he didn't killed anyone...

Panda
February 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
Panda thinks that Itachi will use Pikachu next. (p^-^)p

Panda thinks that Itachi will have a seemingly direct hits on Sasuke with Amaterasu, when Pikachu uses lightning to stun Sasukes. nyaa~

gold349
February 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
I predict that Kishimoto will continue to screw with us with these illusion chapters, and continue to piss me off by getting my hopes up over said illusion chapters (I nearly had a joygasm when I saw Sasuke's eye removed and in a jar of water). Something needs to give! Either Itachi gets his eyes or Sasuke kills Itachi! Choose Kishimoto!!!!

Welcome to MH pukki, have fun.

Off topic, there is member here, enmymiguel, he sounds proper funny, love reading his posts, he would class you as a hard core Saske hater.

I think the illusions are finished, Saske shattered Itachi's most powerful form of genjutsu, it will most likely be big ninjutsu fight now. like I said Saske can not loose either eyes, reason being, he will get weaker minus one eye or two, this Saskes year this fight was in the bag from the start now or later. The question is what can Kishi showcase to block defend Amaterasu and how will Itachi's end come.

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 11:12 AM
Panda thinks that Itachi will use Pikachu next. (p^-^)p

Panda thinks that Itachi will have a seemingly direct hits on Sasuke with Amaterasu, when Pikachu uses lightning to stun Sasukes. nyaa~

:offtopic I think Itachi will have to use Raichu to counter Sasuke's chidori! :amuse

Welcome to MH, pukki!
Enjoy and have fun!

Alex_1
February 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, there's no way for me to predict the next chapter. :( But I'm happy that it was a very limited cliff-hanger. :)

The thing I'm wondering, is if Sasuke somehow knows about the amaterasu. If he wasn't such a jerk in part one after waking up from the coma (although, I guess I'd be in a bad mood too...), maybe Naruto could have told him about these weird black flames that Jiraiya had to seal away.

But I do think that we're coming close to learning just what 'that jutsu' is, that Sasuke's been holding back on. Sort of funny though - for all the emphasis on the cursed seal in part 1 and even in the deidara and Orochimaru encounter, Sasuke's been pretty conservative with using it now and holding back on some of his techniques. What's impressive for the character's growth, is that he's proven to have mastered the techniques he's learned. He can control the curse seal to a degree that appears to be beyond Juugo. And he's better with his regular Sharingan than Itachi, and has mastered the chidori in different ways. So whatever 'that jutsu' is that he may use, I'm curious as to what it involves.

I think Itachi will use the amaterasu, but we may get a flashback.

jerger
February 11, 2008, 12:41 PM
its odd but here are some naruto and sasuke similarities

1. both have 2 eyes
2. both are last ones left from their families (the obvious stuff)
3. they both have a "that jitsu"
4. they both were trained by senin
5. naruto is the kyubi and sasuke can control it

now... how are they different than 1st vs madara?

1st: could control demons with some unknown skill (as seen in naruto's new sensai Yamoto (forget spelling))

madara: could control demons with MS

this is different than saskue vs naruto... naruto is the demon, sasuke can control it. sasuke without ms can control demons... that is an amazing accomplishment (at least quiet them down as he did in naruto's brain)... something itatchi can only do with a special ms he hopes. something madara could only do with the eternal ms.

makes me wonder what will happen.

whiteHanzo
February 11, 2008, 12:44 PM
if sasuke could really counter itachi's amaterasu then kishi has really, really made sasuke VERY STRONG (beat oro, deidara, countering high level fire jutsu)

well, maybe he wants his manga a bit different than his favorite one (vegetta has never strong enough to beat goku)

i don't know, still too early for kishi i guess :eyeroll

sabuk-demon
February 11, 2008, 12:51 PM
sasuke wins and takes itachi eyes so that he would be strong enough to fight
uchia madara and get final revenge

bean
February 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
if sasuke could really counter itachi's amaterasu then kishi has really, really made sasuke VERY STRONG (beat oro, deidara, countering high level fire jutsu)

well, maybe he wants his manga a bit different than his favorite one (vegetta has never strong enough to beat goku)

i don't know, still too early for kishi i guess :eyeroll

beating Oro wasn't probably as big a feat as we think it was. We have to consider that not only was oro weak AND surprised, sasuke had the advantage of being able to counter Oro's dimension thing with his sharingan. We don't know if being able to do that was tough and only geniuses like sasuke and itachi could do it, or if it's just one of those things the sharingan can just do, like maybe obito could have done it. Deidara, in all honesty, didn't seem like that tough of a character...he was a bit overpowered if you ask me. Kishi has always made sasuke seem strong...from the beginning, sasuke was always a bit more powerful than we expected him to be.

Alex_1
February 11, 2008, 01:26 PM
beating Oro wasn't probably as big a feat as we think it was. We have to consider that not only was oro weak AND surprised, sasuke had the advantage of being able to counter Oro's dimension thing with his sharingan. We don't know if being able to do that was tough and only geniuses like sasuke and itachi could do it, or if it's just one of those things the sharingan can just do, like maybe obito could have done it. Deidara, in all honesty, didn't seem like that tough of a character...he was a bit overpowered if you ask me. Kishi has always made sasuke seem strong...from the beginning, sasuke was always a bit more powerful than we expected him to be.

I wasn't happy that Orochimaru was 'killed' in the manga, because I think we, the readers, got the short end of the stick. We knew he had some amazing powers and abilities, but it's like, we never really saw all of them. And even in the manga, when he fought the 4 tailed naruto, I think the manga depicted it better. It would've been great to see Orochimaru going all out in a battle, and seeing some of his incredibly abilities since he could probably also use amazing genjutsu too.

I think - or hope - this is why the writers created two kinds of 'outs'. One, with Sasuke and the other with Kabuto. But... this is neither here nor there.

Oh - and I agree about Deidara too. He was strong, but he never seemed like the absolute 'toughest' of the Akatsuki members. Gaara lost for a few reasons - one of which was that he didn't rely on the shukaku, and another one being that he was over his village and attempting to save everyone.

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 01:33 PM

And that's a fact.
Since that moment he saw Naruto becoming stronger then him (Naruto vs Gaara).. Kishimoto-sama made him look like someone that will never be below anyone... never be the underdog. That's the part that sickens me!
[hr]

I wasn't happy that Orochimaru was 'killed' in the manga, because I think we, the readers, got the short end of the stick. We knew he had some amazing powers and abilities, but it's like, we never really saw all of them. And even in the manga, when he fought the 4 tailed naruto, I think the manga depicted it better. It would've been great to see Orochimaru going all out in a battle, and seeing some of his incredibly abilities since he could probably also use amazing genjutsu too.

I think - or hope - this is why the writers created two kinds of 'outs'. One, with Sasuke and the other with Kabuto. But... this is neither here nor there.

Oh - and I agree about Deidara too. He was strong, but he never seemed like the absolute 'toughest' of the Akatsuki members. Gaara lost for a few reasons - one of which was that he didn't rely on the shukaku, and another one being that he was over his village and attempting to save everyone.

I agree with you... Orochimaru was one great character that should have gone all out.... but.. But, there was the fact he was at the end of the roll with that last body. He could do much afterwards that crucial fight with the 4 tailed Naruto.

rocklee87
February 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
sasuke wins and takes itachi eyes so that he would be strong enough to fight
uchia madara and get final revenge

Nah Itachi's vision is screwed up he doesnt want his eyes....I bet that Sasuke will get MS through the sheer hatred that he has for Itachi......I dont think that killing your best friend is the trick, but the emotions that go with it. Hate or remorse maybe.

enmymiguel
February 11, 2008, 02:37 PM
i hope with get some pic today
yeah sasuke all to the top
sasuke have some good fighting skill, i dont know about you guys but i think is one of the best.

i can wait to see sasuke new jutsu. but i know next chacter is fire vs fire so i think sasuke will use some blue flame or somethin cause when the fire is too powerful is turn blue, i think

Nendaime
February 11, 2008, 02:59 PM
Nah Itachi's vision is screwed up he doesnt want his eyes....I bet that Sasuke will get MS through the sheer hatred that he has for Itachi......I dont think that killing your best friend is the trick, but the emotions that go with it. Hate or remorse maybe.

Whats Itachis vision got to do with it? It doesnt matter if the user cant see good, all you need is to mix his MS eyes with your MS eyes. -.- Then you get EMS.

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
Whats Itachis vision got to do with it? It doesnt matter if the user cant see good, all you need is to mix his MS eyes with your MS eyes. -.- Then you get EMS.

Well the point is.. that if you can see with your eyes.. you might pick the dog eyes instead of your brother's.

Deinonychus
February 11, 2008, 03:03 PM
This is what I'm thinking about the outcome of the Sasuke vs Itachi fight.
1. Sasuke cant defeat Itachi (hes weaker).
2. Sasuke wont die nor lose his eyes.

I believe in 1. and 2. for plot reasons. If 1. were false, it would mean Sasuke has become a monster in terms of strength without even controling the MS. If 2. were false, there would be no purpose to give Sasuke such a large importance in the manga (2nd main character).

Given this and to avoid contradiction between 1. and 2., there has to be someone intervening in the fight.
I actually believe that Madara still has a word to say about the fight's outcome. Sasuke may prove during the fight to have more potential than Itachi and Madara may intervene by removing Itachi's eyes and offer them to Sasuke, because the later would be more valuable to his objectives.

Another option - far more likelier - would be Sasuke awakening the MS during the fight. I dont like it, because that would also mean Sasuke is Super strong to even being able to awaken the MS.

garaa89
February 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
i juat want something amazing to happen.Like a a huge plot twist because the story staring to sound boring.

Hockeychaoz
February 11, 2008, 03:16 PM
its odd but here are some naruto and sasuke similarities

1. both have 2 eyes
2. both are last ones left from their families (the obvious stuff)
3. they both have a "that jitsu"
4. they both were trained by senin
5. naruto is the kyubi and sasuke can control it

now... how are they different than 1st vs madara?

1st: could control demons with some unknown skill (as seen in naruto's new sensai Yamoto (forget spelling))

madara: could control demons with MS

this is different than saskue vs naruto... naruto is the demon, sasuke can control it. sasuke without ms can control demons... that is an amazing accomplishment (at least quiet them down as he did in naruto's brain)... something itatchi can only do with a special ms he hopes. something madara could only do with the eternal ms.

makes me wonder what will happen.

2 legs, and 2 arms also. and 2 ears. 2 big toes. =p

but yeah, the whole team 7 lucked out with teachers. First Kakashi, then each of them got their own personal sannin.

And I don't think that Sasuke can control the Kyubii. When Sasuke did that, you have to remember some things.

1) Naruto was extremely fatigued from his fight with Orochimaru.
2) Naruto was rejecting the chakra himself.
3) Yamato was also suppressing the chakra.

Toast
February 11, 2008, 03:24 PM
If Sasuke beats Itachi, it wouldn't exactly surprise me. It wouldn't make Sasuke stronger than everyone else, either.

Sasuke trained to defeat Itachi and Itachi only. His skills have improved greatly, giving him power to defeat others, but Sasuke trained his strengths and weaknesses around what he knew of his brother.

For Sasuke to have come as far as he has in this battle isn't really disappointing. It would be disappointing if Itachi had no trouble at all. That's my opinion, anyway.

My prediction is we see this great technique, and if it doesn't take 15 pages to show off, maybe Sasuke will begin countering it.

I also expect the artwork to be pretty damn good.

x_ploit_x
February 11, 2008, 03:36 PM
Sasuke will go CS2 and do a Katon (The grand fireball one)... Which inevitably due to CS2 will be black... and Powerful enough to neutralize Amaterasu!

enmymiguel
February 11, 2008, 03:39 PM
well if sasuke beat itachi, that mean he will be alittle more stronger then itachi. but remember that pein and madara are too strong for itachi,
for example itachi waz a little scare to fight with J-man and pein kill him and amost all pein body come out the same way they start the battle.like only 1 get beat up
plus who gaoin to train sasuke to beat madara. cause sasuke need alot of power to beat madara, not pein cause thats naruto business so sasuke not goin to fight with pein never

maybe with some pic today

whiteHanzo
February 11, 2008, 03:48 PM
i'd be surprise if sasuke beat itachi this time. it's more like just by having learned from oro sasuke has gone extremely powerful, not to say stronger than everyone

and he do this all alone....if you compare to how konoha ninjas beat hidan, kakuzu, sasori or even deidara can survive from kakashi MS

ManyHack
February 11, 2008, 03:58 PM
@whitehanzo

i have only one thing to say to that:

plot device no jutsu!

lazyboyrod
February 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
i'd be surprise if sasuke beat itachi this time. it's more like just by having learned from oro sasuke has gone extremely powerful, not to say stronger than everyone

and he do this all alone....if you compare to how konoha ninjas beat hidan, kakuzu, sasori or even deidara can survive from kakashi MS

Naw Sasuke almost got killed by Deidara, and Itachi beat Deidara without lifting a finger

No Quarter
February 11, 2008, 04:52 PM
Naw Sasuke almost got killed by Deidara, and Itachi beat Deidara without lifting a finger

Yes but Deidara hadn't fought against a sharingan user before and was simply anihilated by a genjustsu (same way as Orochimaru, and pretty much everyone else we have seen Itachi fight against). When he fought with Sasuke he had trained his eye to counter a sharingan genjutsu. So it is safe to assume that if Deidara hadn't developed that ability he would be just as easily owned by Sasuke as well.

riniuchiha
February 11, 2008, 05:42 PM
I thought it was pretty sad that Sasuke almost died while fighting Deidara. After that I'm still having a hard time believing he can beat Itachi but then I remember that Kishi looves Sasuke. (Why is this anime called Naruto?)

Tendou88
February 11, 2008, 05:45 PM
I dont think anyone can beat a MS user in 1on1 unless both are sharingan user.
even if Deidara knew about sharingan, he would get owned by Itachi anyway

gold349
February 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
Well the point is.. that if you can see with your eyes.. you might pick the dog eyes instead of your brother's.

fffuuuuunnnnnyyyyyyy man, I could just see Madara tripping over the bin, shoes, the play station fuck grabs the cute little Uchiha cat instead of his brother and woila you have Madara with cute eyes jumping around acting all camp hahaha LOL.

@Tendou88
MS can be beaten 1 on 1, SHODAIME.

GPZrag
February 11, 2008, 06:40 PM
fffuuuuunnnnnyyyyyyy man, I could just see Madara tripping over the bin, shoes, the play station fuck grabs the cute little Uchiha cat instead of his brother and woila you have Madara with cute eyes jumping around acting all camp hahaha LOL.

@Tendou88
but shodaime... was "something else", sasuke is just not at the lvl enough to be compared to shodaime

Shiro-kun
February 11, 2008, 07:21 PM
Does anyone want the story to go back to Naruto co
instead of Sasuke and co?

im tired of all these plot no jutsus involving Sasuke

TheChosenOne
February 11, 2008, 07:38 PM
The thing I'm wondering, is if Sasuke somehow knows about the amaterasu. If he wasn't such a jerk in part one after waking up from the coma (although, I guess I'd be in a bad mood too...), maybe Naruto could have told him about these weird black flames that Jiraiya had to seal away.

Sasuke most likely does know, considering the tablet in the Uchiha Hideout has all the info about the sharingan and it's abilities. So Sasuke knowing about Amaretsu wouldn't surprise me. . :)

So whatever 'that jutsu' is that he may use, I'm curious as to what it involves.

I think Itachi will use the amaterasu, but we may get a flashback.

Well most likely it's fire based, considering it's his second element and he already has an A-S Ranked lightning jutsu. It could just be like the chidori, with fire instead of lightning. :)

but shodaime... was "something else", sasuke is just not at the lvl enough to be compared to shodaime

Well so far Sasuke has been picking Itachi apart, though not easily. He has counterd everything Itachi has thrown at him, and is going against a higher sharingan. After Sasuke defeats Itachi, he will get closer to Shodai. :)

riniuchiha
February 11, 2008, 07:45 PM
Does anyone want the story to go back to Naruto co
instead of Sasuke and co?

im tired of all these plot no jutsus involving Sasuke

I kinda do miss seeing Naruto,but I wouldn't mind Sasuke and co. if they actually moved along with the plot! Maybe the part when Sasuke was born was genjutsu too!

GPZrag
February 11, 2008, 08:25 PM
Sasuke most likely does know, considering the tablet in the Uchiha Hideout has all the info about the sharingan and it's abilities. So Sasuke knowing about Amaretsu wouldn't surprise me. . :)

Well most likely it's fire based, considering it's his second element and he already has an A-S Ranked lightning jutsu. It could just be like the chidori, with fire instead of lightning. :)

Well so far Sasuke has been picking Itachi apart, though not easily. He has counterd everything Itachi has thrown at him, and is going against a higher sharingan. After Sasuke defeats Itachi, he will get closer to Shodai. :)
Shodai defeated someone with ETERNAL MANGEKYOU SHARINGAN (MADARA AT HIS PRIME) and he did that without any cheap bloodline or powerboost... he did that by himself... believe me. Sasuke is FAR from been compared to Shodai

TheChosenOne
February 11, 2008, 09:37 PM
Shodai defeated someone with ETERNAL MANGEKYOU SHARINGAN (MADARA AT HIS PRIME) and he did that without any cheap bloodline or powerboost... he did that by himself... believe me. Sasuke is FAR from been compared to Shodai

That's why I said that he will get closer after he defeats/kills Itachi. Kishi will power Sasuke up and most likely give him loopholes so that him defeating someone is not just pure luck. :)

Hockeychaoz
February 11, 2008, 09:57 PM

Shodai actually had a bloodline limit. His wood elemental technique is a kekkai genkai.

Shodai was very impressive regardless of the fact.

ShadowStrike
February 11, 2008, 10:57 PM
Itachi shoots amaterasu with his right eye to kill sasuke. then he uses his left eye to shoot another amatersu at zetsu. as a result, itachi goes completely blind.

Shiro-kun
February 11, 2008, 11:35 PM
That's why I said that he will get closer after he defeats/kills Itachi. Kishi will power Sasuke up and most likely give him loopholes so that him defeating someone is not just pure luck. :)
Naruto might take advantage of that in the future hopefully
but also i want Pain or Madara to beat the living hell out of Sasuke if he kill Itachi in the next chapter

Itachi shoots amaterasu with his right eye to kill sasuke. then he uses his left eye to shoot another amatersu at zetsu. as a result, itachi goes completely blind.
seeing that Itachi closes one eye i can assume that it can be super bright
but also seeing that Itachi has used it before it doesnt mean blindness but it means he exhausts all his chakra for both Tsukuyomi and Amaretsu

but maybe he overcame that weakness during the timeskip

shachi
February 12, 2008, 12:27 AM
I don't see how Itachi can take Sasuke's eyes if he's burnt to a crisp. So, I don't think we'll see Amaterasu initially, as I guess it serves as some kind of ace-in-the-hole, desperation move.

Predictions:

1. That being said, Sasuke is going to corner Itachi and Amaterasu will be the only way out.

2. The explosion will get everyone's attention and Madara will recognize its import.

3. I expect Madara will want to be around for the conclusion of Itachi vs. Sasuke, so Konan and Pein will arrive and take care of capturing Naruto and dealing with the rest of the platoon.

4. Itachi exits the Uchiha temple and tries to escape Sasuke, but is finished off by Madara.

Disastorm
February 12, 2008, 12:37 AM
At least we now know that its possible to resist Tsukiyomi, and probably other Genjutsus, with just "Power and Skill". Granted, Sasuke had the third sharingan, but it stands to reason that someone without the Sharingan at all, but with a much greater amount of Power and Skill than Sasuke should be able to do the same thing.

roku-sky
February 12, 2008, 01:04 AM
I have a feeling that Itachi will once again gain an advantage over Sasuke in this chapter with his other MS jutsu. And then the chapter after that Sasuke will somehow overcome it and give his trademark cocky evil grin. And then Itachi will do something else to gain advantage and Sasuke will again somehow........ meh, you get the drift.

That seems to be the pattern of Sasuke's major fights so far... :/
I'm almost hoping something absolutely random would happen that'd break these awful fight patterns. Maybe have Kabuto show up out of the blue and stick a kunai in Sasuke. >_>

Akasunanosasori
February 12, 2008, 04:38 AM
Since Itachi is using his strongest jutsu "Amaterasu" I have a strong feeling that Sasuke will use his Famus jutsu the 2nd option, he was about to use against Deidara if his Chidori didn't stop the clays effect !!!!!!
He will conter the Amaterasu with his jutsu and both of them will be overpowred.
I really think that this is the best time for Sasuke to show us his Famus jutsu :D

naruto-1969-
February 12, 2008, 06:54 AM
Amaterasu next hmm...
I wanna see Itachis eyes ripped out

10sarg
February 12, 2008, 08:29 AM
its obvious, this is still all a genjutsu and sasuke is thinking he is winning each time, but its really itachi just playing with him like a puppet.

ManyHack
February 12, 2008, 11:23 AM

@Tendou88

LOL!

Why not Tanukis (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/354/06/) (Talking cat ninjas of the Uchiha clan)!
[hr]

I Agree.. Kishimoto-sama is sinking in the biggest loophole in Narutoverse... Sasuke Uchiha!
It's not him with loop holes.. he is a big one!

Alexis
February 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
its obvious, this is still all a genjutsu and sasuke is thinking he is winning each time, but its really itachi just playing with him like a puppet.
But Sasuke is not aware of Zetsu spying on them, and Zetsu has said a few detailed things such as how Sasuke with his regular Sharingan was able to break Itachi's MS, during this "supposed" genjutsu, so I doubt it is a genjutsu.

ManyHack
February 12, 2008, 01:12 PM
But Sasuke is not aware of Zetsu spying on them, and Zetsu has said a few detailed things such as how Sasuke with his regular Sharingan was able to break Itachi's MS, during this "supposed" genjutsu, so I doubt it is a genjutsu.

It as never been confirmed... and there is alot of people that think he knows and he trapped him in a genjutsu for later purposes.

enmymiguel
February 12, 2008, 01:31 PM
well this is a not a genjutsu anymore. from now on is all real, cause with see in last chacter that genjutsu waz over. plus is itachi the one who do all this genjutsu

TheChosenOne
February 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

I don't think that the events that happened last chapter were all genjutsu. Zetsu narrated what would and did happen, and I don't think anyone is aware of him being there. If it's still a genjutsu then this fight has indeed become irksome. :)

caid1989
February 12, 2008, 02:07 PM
From wikipedia:

"In Japanese mythology, Susanoo is the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. All three were spawned from Izanagi, when he washed his face clean of the pollutants of Yomi, the underworld. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susanoo from the washing of the nose."

I think this gives an idea why his left eye is closed ,i think he's powering up amaterasu. Strange though that he was holding his left eye when sasuke broke his tsukuyomi ;going by the legend it should have been his right eye ... confused:blink.

Hehe , if sasuke used a technique called Susanoo it might come out of his nose . LOL.

"From one of Orochi's tails, Susanoo pulled out a sword, which he named Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi ("Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven"), later known as the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi."

"He discovered a great sword inside the body of the serpent which he called Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, which he presented to the goddess, Amaterasu to settle an old grievance."

Errrm , kinda links in quite well no? Susanoo killed a serpant called Orochi , inside he found a sword called Kusanagi and used it to settle an old grievance with amaterasu .

How cool does 'sword of the gathering clouds of heaven' sound?!?! I'm thinking that is a kick ass name for sasuke's 'that' jutsu .

I'm pretty sure this chapter is gonna be Itachi using amaterasu to overwhelm sasuke for a while,maybe even wound him, and on the last few pages we will see sasuke about to unleash his 'that' justsu.

redcometfm
February 12, 2008, 04:41 PM
That actually does sound pretty bad-ass! And it all fits in well since Naruto is LOADED with japanese mythological parallels and loose retellings. But something major has got to happen in this fight. Itachi either dies or some big grand revelation occurs that affects future events. Otherwise Naruto is going to go into boring-static-storytelling mode and it's already enough of a turn-off with the next year devoted to Sasuke (only because I'm quite sick of the Sharingan battles that he employs every damn time) so hopefully something happens to keep things fresh, something that explains the reason for a year's worth devotion to Sasuke.

gdupninja
February 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
That actually does sound pretty bad-ass! And it all fits in well since Naruto is LOADED with japanese mythological parallels and loose retellings. But something major has got to happen in this fight. Itachi either dies or some big grand revelation occurs that affects future events. Otherwise Naruto is going to go into boring-static-storytelling mode and it's already enough of a turn-off with the next year devoted to Sasuke (only because I'm quite sick of the Sharingan battles that he employs every damn time) so hopefully something happens to keep things fresh, something that explains the reason for a year's worth devotion to Sasuke.

You said it man, a whole year devoted to Sasuke isnt something im looking forward to, but i have been looking forward to this fightand I agree, something big better happen. I was really getting into the story in that last series of chapters with Jiriaya infiltrating the rain village and battling pain. I hope this fight can be just as entertaining.

enmymiguel
February 12, 2008, 07:32 PM
i think in the end of this fight sasuke will win, but after sasuke using too much diferent jutsu plus the CS2 he will end up with no chackra and thats when zetzu will try to eat sasuke and thats when somebody will save sasuke. i dont know who is

Saifi
February 12, 2008, 10:30 PM
hmmmm..... the year of Sauske / Sauske devotion ....

I wonder if it has anythingto do with the hoardes and hoardes of fangirls /guys who vote him to be the most popular person in naruto and seriously if kishi doesnt even have enough control over his manga to be pressured into adding hebi into the manga from higher ups then .... whats stopping him from writing a story that the sauake adoring public demands.

To be honest i was shocked that kishi has soo little pride in his own creation that he would let others dictate what he should/ shouldnot put in it .

One would think that with this much publicity and fame he would stick to the ideas that made naruto so great and not follow what the moneybags want.

hmmm... this could actually be borderline bashing ... ooh well if it is i am sure the mods will edit it

bighawke5
February 12, 2008, 10:36 PM
I think Itachi is using his most powerful moves too early..im think thing the scenario will go like this

sasuke overwhelmes itachi since he's tired after using tsukiyomi and amaterasu (which is is big mistake by the way..why use those two techniques so early?)

*it sucks !! cuz its another big one for sasuke, i want naruto back!*

imo itachi's been doing this on purpose so that sasuke kills him..why d i say that?

the way he attacked sasuke and owned him in the genjutsus he couldve done that in real life and taken the eye already but he has just been using genjutsus after genjutsus...and now he uses the two jutsus that will put himself to sleep(basically defenseless and unable to fight back due to being tired) after successively using them...im thinking amaterasu will fail also but in a sense that sasuke uses a jutsu that can counter it or cancel it out

Damit kishi why are you upping sasuke so much....he'll blow up!
kishi keeps rising sasuke for a huge downfall i hope because this is pure crap i mean what are we suppose to believe after sasuke owns itachi? that sasuke 's able to own pein and madara and all shinobis that are senin and above hokage lv?
i want the underdog, naruto...im not ready for a year full of sasuke owning everybody..even thought its what we've seen lil by lil
I want to see naruto in action now even if kishi's gonna make him fail...i miss the underdog

enmymiguel
February 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
after all akatsuki die, that mean naruto end or they will start with a new enemy

Decorus
February 12, 2008, 10:43 PM
Its pretty simple the Manga follows this pattern

OMG Sasuke is so UBER!!! OMG Naruto can never ever compete with that.

A few chapters later Sasuke is looking at Naruto with this OMG how can he possibly be that much stronger then me after all that work I put forth to become superior to him.

Sasuke's strength compared to Naruto is a deliberate illusion created by Kishimoto so when Naruto actually does something it scares the crap out of people.

Kishimoto originally intended to end the Manga after completing the Akatsuki arc, just like a certain someone intended to end Goku's story after he defeated Frieza.

Saifi
February 12, 2008, 10:43 PM
well there is always kabutomaru and root in konoha !