PDA

View Full Version : Usopp's Evolution

Paz42
February 18, 2008, 02:54 PM
Now i know that he is technically sogeking already being the same person but what i mean is i know Ussops dream is to become a brave warrior of the sea and when he puts on the sogeking mask he becomes that hero.

Now i dont know if it obvious thats whats going to happen or not but i just thought is that the way people want ussop to grow or would you rather him staying the way he always being a bit of a coward or want him to be up there at the front of the fight with the rest of the crew.

And with his weapons aswell they seem to evolve as Ussop does what would people like to see with Ussops weapons

Personally i would kinda like ussop to grow fully into the sogeking personalty like always wearing the mask maybe no on his face but having it hanging around his neck and as for the weapons new and incredible uses for the dial's and maybe a couple of weapons with devil fruit powers but i cant really decide if devil fruit weapons are they way to go for the crew in general

But what does every one else think

Timeless
February 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty sure he'll eventually grow to be a true brave man of the sea without the mask. Using the mask is just a step for him. I don't think he'll be on the front lines though, due to his fighting style and the overall level of pirates in the New World.
He'll most likely grow into one of the strongest snipers in the world of One Piece, but I'm pretty sure Oda'll want to keep him closer to regular people in both mind and body, for the sake of having someone in the crew that's easy to relate to compared to the monsters and weirdos that make up the rest of the strawhats.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to what Oda can do with Usopp as a character - since his evolution is the most apparent out of all the strawhats, and on the whole a lot more interesting since his change is about overcoming fear and hesitation rather than simply going Super Saiyan or learning new techniques.

Highseas7
February 18, 2008, 08:03 PM
i agree with timeless over here usopp can be molded and shaped into a great pirate by ODA and ur team is only as strong as it's weakest link andd if usopp is proof of that then the starwhats crew is a monster that shoulkd be reckened with

kazuma_uzumaki
February 23, 2008, 11:45 PM
I'd rathere have him epic at times and then a coward later, That's just who ussop is

Dice
February 25, 2008, 06:57 AM
My guess is that there will be a time when he'll be a brave pirat...without the mask. I can imagine that he's fighting with his mask somehow the mask breaks in this battle and he is the good old coward-Ussop. But only to realise that he is in a fact the brave Sogeking and that he doesn't need is mask.
But it might take a very long time until that happens, since it's a very important part of his character being afraid XD

Superman
February 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
My guess is that there will be a time when he'll be a brave pirat...without the mask. I can imagine that he's fighting with his mask somehow the mask breaks in this battle and he is the good old coward-Ussop. But only to realise that he is in a fact the brave Sogeking and that he doesn't need is mask.
But it might take a very long time until that happens, since it's a very important part of his character being afraid XD

yeah i think so too but i reallly hope he becomes a brave warrior soon because he is with brook my fav:)

Please don't start private conversations in threads, use PM's.

Oblivion
February 26, 2008, 10:31 PM
oda has worked out about everything in the manga, ace being captured and taken was already planned out from so long. we know nothing is mentioned in this manga without being important later on.

and i think this also applies to the dreams of each and everyone. thus the all blue will be dicoverd even Lysop will become a brave warrior.

he wasnt really my fav character but right now i like him again. and i also think that one day the mask will break or something else that will make coward and brave lysop become one.

i really like how oda made this character evolve.

MrTeatime
February 27, 2008, 01:15 PM
I really really hope Ussop evolves into the greatest sniper, using his unusual ability(!) to think of new interesting weapons and canalisees his fear into a ability to plan ahead in fights, to avoid being hurt.

Also he is the only one in the crew to evolve his weapons...people take to lightly of him. Him being more human only means that everu step of his evolving is even greater...I just love him.

Ps. Yes a devilfruitweapon or even better several would be just his thing. Something to look forward to ^^ Ds.

Raysen_ht
March 02, 2008, 06:02 PM
I think that before he becames a true warrior he will have to face lost
because he is the only SH who didn´t have a true traumatic life expirience
(like sanji´s lost at sea, or nami´s mom, etc..). Maybe Shank´s pirets will
be atacked and Sogeking will miss the shot that could save Usopp´s father
So i think its very fitting that Sogeking will "die", in some way, after he experience
this lost...The SH and Shanks will help Usopp overcame his loss
and find the strenght to fight and be brave for his nakama and for the memory of his father

omniscientone
March 02, 2008, 07:03 PM
Well, from a loss perspective, Luffy truly hasn't lost anything that we know of, other than his ability to swim. We don't know of his mother, and his dad and granddad and brother are still around. He just has a dream, similar to Usopp....

Raysen_ht
March 02, 2008, 07:12 PM
Well, from a loss perspective, Luffy truly hasn't lost anything that we know of, other than his ability to swim. We don't know of his mother, and his dad and granddad and brother are still around. He just has a dream, similar to Usopp....

Not completely true....although its not as dramatic as others...he did see his frieds (shanks) arm get ripped off right in front of him, and he felt responsable for that...
Ok it does not compare to zoro´s lost of his best friend or Chopper´s "mourderer" but
still, much more traumatic than Usopp´s "i grew up alone" thing

lordHokage
March 04, 2008, 11:46 AM
Captain Ussop has a lot of potential but as long as he remains a coward, he would never be a brave warrior. Ussop hasn’t change that much, he’s still scary and still love to make excuses why he should go to dangerous looking places. :D

weixiaobao
March 04, 2008, 10:06 PM
Ussop have change very very very much since he started.... but he is still one of the more normal of the crew member.. and because he doesn't have insane power we can only related to him.. There is no question about his bravery (though masked under his coward mask) ... I am ok at the way the story developed him to be, human with flaws just like the rest of the crew..

lordHokage
March 05, 2008, 09:22 AM
As long as Usoop wear the mask, he's a great warrior with a lot of courage. I seriously hope that something never happen to his mask. What would cowardly Usoop do? :blink

weixiaobao
March 05, 2008, 07:28 PM
As long as Usoop wear the mask, he's a great warrior with a lot of courage. I seriously hope that something never happen to his mask. What would cowardly Usoop do? :blink

I am under the impression that Lord Hokage think the mask was all magically transform Upssop.. the mask was ordinary he could do with another mask..the courage was there.. it not the mask that create courage... what about Alabasta arc.. and Skypie (please don't mind spelling) arc ... It take more courage for a weak guy to fight the strong guy rather than a powerful guy to fight powerful guy...

Courage can come in many forms, like fighting against your first instinct.. Upssop's 1st instinct probably is running away.. but he always fight against his instinct and come out on top..

He even defend the Merry Go and fight again Luffy (whom he knew could very well kick his ass real bad)

The mask first appear to fool Luffy because He may thought Luffy may not have forgive him yet..

lordHokage
March 05, 2008, 07:49 PM
I don’t disagree with you, weixiaobao. Usoop has the courage to do the impossible but if he can overcome his cowardness, his dreams will come true. :)