PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Anime.... too commercial ??

UchihaDK83
February 19, 2008, 06:40 AM
Hi to all , i'm new... :) i write from Italy....... i want to open this thread to discuss about Naruto Shippuden episodes... This is my opinion... :

(i watching only anime.. i don't read the manga... :P) i tell about anime untill ep. 47..the last i have seen...

Good things:

1- The drawings are cool ...

2- The music also enogh good...

3- the story is enogh cool...and some battle (like Gai team versus Kisame clone ,Chyo /Sakura versus Sasori or Naruto 4tail versus Orochimaru) are fantastic

Bad things:

1- I read approximatley the story of the manga .... and the episodes Shippuden are tooo slow... more than the naruto first part... toooo word and little battle ... for example.... when Chyo dead the designer dedicated her two episodes for the funeral .. and before that they come to the heaven and earth Bridge and meet Kabuto ... there are 4 or 5 episodes totaly unuseful ... maybe with 2 episodes They would put in all the necessary things..

2- i don't like when the Designer use computer to do some scene...

i think this anime is becoming too commercial ... and we can't see never fight like sasuke vs itachi , jraya vs pain or other things you have read on mangaa....

What do you think about it..?

P.S. (sorry for my english :P ) ....

hatsuharupeace
February 19, 2008, 07:09 AM
First off, welcome to MH UchihaDK83!!!

1- I read approximatley the story of the manga .... and the episodes Shippuden are tooo slow... more than the naruto first part... toooo word and little battle ... for example.... when Chyo dead the designer dedicated her two episodes for the funeral .. and before that they come to the heaven and earth Bridge and meet Kabuto ... there are 4 or 5 episodes totaly unuseful ... maybe with 2 episodes They would put in all the necessary things..

This may be because of current manga status, if the anime release was too close to the manga release, they probably would have made some 'filler' episodes to help widen the time gap.

i think this anime is becoming too commercial ... and we can't see never fight like sasuke vs itachi , jraya vs pain or other things you have read on mangaa....

Relax, they'll get to that arc eventually, they're probably planning 10 episodes for just the jiraya vs pein battle, if not more, since it's such a pivotal point in the manga, and also the anime.

eroda
February 19, 2008, 07:20 AM
Fillers are ghey

i would much rather watch a little bit of filler material in with the real stuff , and not watch pure content then 20 episodes of gheybo fillers.

UchihaDK83
February 19, 2008, 08:00 AM
Fillers are ghey

i would much rather watch a little bit of filler material in with the real stuff , and not watch pure content then 20 episodes of gheybo fillers.

i think they must change something... i prefer that stop the anime for a period to create all episodes without stupid filler ... but they prefer create an episode at week ... and not always :mad ... and also many episodes are totally unusefull............. mah..

eroda
February 19, 2008, 11:22 AM
if they stop the anime it would kill the ratings, and rating ensure a show keeps on airing. also to create all the episode it would mean the manga would have to finish, and it could be like OP and have 600+ chapters

AkatsukiNoTobi
February 19, 2008, 11:12 PM
I like how Shippuuden's filler is. It's integrated into the episodes. It isn't like Naruto's, where it's 1+ years of filler. :/

mrcongojack
February 22, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sure the anime drags out the fights, that's standard operation procedure. At least they don't drag it out as long as DBZ did. I could watch that show and see Goku power up, turn off the TV, turn it back on 2 weeks later and Goku would still be powering up.

7'lid
February 22, 2008, 10:12 PM
No you guys are getting it wrong. They could doo way better. You know how? just look at Bleach for example. It had about 60 episodes of fillers and the quality of the fillers werent bad, and when it came back to the anime the quality of the fights were better than ever. NO SLOW SCENES, FAST PACED ACTION, NO DRAGS amazing anime it has topped naruto in my eyes in anime. I watch naruto shippuden because im attached to naruto manga, but when i do watch shippuden its just to see whats happening. I wont watch the whole episode ill forward it and just watch bits.

Zeus-Tails
February 23, 2008, 06:53 AM
It seems Naruto anime is gonna eventually slow down to 1 episode = 1 manga chapter =\

They're not done with this rescue Sasuke thing. They still have Immortals arc, Sasuke's betrayal and Deidara fight to go. Immortals arc isn't exactly short so pick up the pace!

Sesshoustar
February 24, 2008, 06:11 PM
It seems Naruto anime is gonna eventually slow down to 1 episode = 1 manga chapter =\

They're not done with this rescue Sasuke thing. They still have Immortals arc, Sasuke's betrayal and Deidara fight to go. Immortals arc isn't exactly short so pick up the pace!

Oh man... Please tell me that's not true... Even though now that you mentioned it, it's beginning to look like it. If you count the number of chapters to go and the number of weeks in the year, it'll take years before the anime catches up to the manga at that rate.

UchihaDK83
February 25, 2008, 03:32 AM
i don't like this system of fillers... they destroy the Anime!!!! ... like the 80-90 episodes of filler between first and second series... it' s totally unusefull.. but when ..in 2020 or 2030:p ....the anime will be finish ... u don't have only a great anime....but u have done a good anime with many unusefull episodies ...and and we will see a 600 episodes's anime , but the real story will be only 3 or 400 episodes... money jutsu it's the most powerfull jutsu ....they destroy all the things!!! :notrust

Rahan
February 25, 2008, 10:57 PM

Actually, the rescue Gaara arc was awfully slow, but the pace increased quite a bit since the current arc began

Windmillblade
February 26, 2008, 12:21 AM
it has been commercial since the end of the konoha kazushi arc.

C4animax
February 26, 2008, 06:04 AM
No you guys are getting it wrong. They could doo way better. You know how? just look at Bleach for example. It had about 60 episodes of fillers and the quality of the fillers werent bad, and when it came back to the anime the quality of the fights were better than ever. NO SLOW SCENES, FAST PACED ACTION, NO DRAGS amazing anime it has topped naruto in my eyes in anime. I watch naruto shippuden because im attached to naruto manga, but when i do watch shippuden its just to see whats happening. I wont watch the whole episode ill forward it and just watch bits.

I've always wondered why the hell bleach had better quality - at least most of the time - even if we did get few crap drawing....there can be two possibilities :

_They get more money to make it?
_They prefer sword stories and all stuff there's in bleach...so they try to make it good.

And it's true the filler were better adapted even if i stopped at some time, but i can safly say that i stopped naruto's filler first. (i think that was that episode were two ninja took gai and lee appearance...*sig* so depressing....)

I think now the rating is like 1 bad episode for 1 good one or at least we get few scenes correct and since sasuke appearance approache i guess we'll have great quality and pace...

For me the serie being commercial is making tons of fillers and trying to tease the kids because at first it doesn't sound like a kids story to me...my opinion anyway :p.

Zeus-Tails
February 26, 2008, 04:57 PM
Actually, the rescue Gaara arc was awfully slow, but the pace increased quite a bit since the current arc began

The dedicated one episode to Naruto powering up to 4-tails. I swear they spent 10 minutes with an image of Naruto getting angry. How long does it take you to get fully angry? Jesus Christ.

Jaime F.
February 26, 2008, 06:07 PM
The shippuden anime is ok, it does seem to be slow at times. The animation is good, and some of the sound track is ok, although I really dislike the new song that opens for Naruto. There is definetly room for improvement though. Still I think I enjoy the manga a lot more.

UchihaDK83
February 28, 2008, 04:11 AM
The shippuden anime is ok, it does seem to be slow at times. The animation is good, and some of the sound track is ok, although I really dislike the new song that opens for Naruto. There is definetly room for improvement though. Still I think I enjoy the manga a lot more.

I like new Shippuden sound track.. i think are more realistic.. but i agree with u ... i hate the open songs :P...

However When we'll could see the new power of Sasuke Shippuden?? i hope that don't talk for other 2 or 3 episodes... but i think because i read the name of the new 5 episodes..

48 Bonds 「つながり」 Tsunagari 28 February 2008

49 Important person 「大切なモノ」 Taisetsu na mono 6 March 2008

50 Picturebook tells a story 「絵本が語る物語)」 Ehon ga kataru monogatari 13 March 2008

51 Reunion 「再開」 Saikai 20 March 2008

52 The power of Uchiha 「うちはの力」 Uchiha no chikara 20 March 2008

(thanks to Wikipedia ;) )

20 march there is the double episdoes.... i think it will the episodes where sasuke show it's new power.... and then we must see other 3 filler's Episodes?? with the unusefull Sai??? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad

◆ T.D.A ◆
February 28, 2008, 02:49 PM
the sasuke retrieval arc aint exactly packed with lots of fighting, i think the gaara arc was good sinc ethere were lots of fighting, the immortal arc too, has fighting so it'll get better, and then when we get to jiraiya-pein, sasuke-itachi, kisame-suigetsu-konoha team-tobi , we're gonna be in for a treat week in week out in the anime.

uchihaj
February 28, 2008, 04:17 PM
Shippuuden is pretty much an attempt to keep all of the fans from the Naruto series and incorporate a much younger audience to grow the fan base. If they don't over explain everything and keep the pace very slow, the kids will get left behind. I think that is a mistake though, but at the same time, they know that we will watch it no matter what, so why not get more fans.

Razh
February 28, 2008, 06:27 PM
I downloaded a last couple of episodes out of habit and just went through them.
I'm waiting to see how fucked up the Skirmish between Sasuke and Team 7 is going to be.
Where's the dynamics of the first part fights?
This dragging just kills it...

xenoveli
March 19, 2008, 05:50 PM
Actually I stopped wathing the anime after the fillers...
I tried again when shippuuden began but those punk *ss *itch &&&&^%$&*rs
make every episode a piece of sjit which goes on forever
at first I thought this was cuz i had already checked out the manga
but it seems most my friendz who DON't read the manga feel the same way
one of them doesn't even enjoy watchin' the show anymore...
he is like i waited 2 weeks for something to happen and then naruto was just chargin into 4 tails the whole episode...dbz style..

I think they should just make a decision after they return from this mission to do a large filler eps like those in bleach..i didn't watch those but my lil bro's did and they say bantu's(the enemies in the filler) rock so ,
yeah i HATE fillers but thats only because they suck so much,
if they were dope i would watch i think i watched the naruto fillers till some episode with lee and gai or somewhere roudn there
it's just inhuman aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
sorrry
i just dont like BS fillers:D

badlade2720
April 29, 2008, 02:49 PM
if you don't read the manga how do you know about the later parts such as itachi vs sasuke, jiraiya vs pein?
your logic is flawed.

on the other hand, they make fillers because they make more money. that's how society is. more money = yay :) you don't see them stoping oil companies because of global warming, cause oil is just good money to make.
they don't give a crap about your opinion. and the fillers are nice once in a while because kishi's writing is very straight forward. nice to get a little comedy

Baron Hugenstein
May 01, 2008, 12:54 AM
i only wish the new arcs aren't as bad as the first shippudden arcs. if they wanted the fan base to grow, they just shouldve kept the pace of the part 1. but i guess they want to milk it for all it's worth, including the BS fillers and the slower than one legged turtle pace:notrust

i just hope they don't screw the immortals arc...can't wait to see hidan and shikamaru:amuse

xallisto
May 08, 2008, 12:33 PM
Oh man... Please tell me that's not true... Even though now that you mentioned it, it's beginning to look like it. If you count the number of chapters to go and the number of weeks in the year, it'll take years before the anime catches up to the manga at that rate.

actually if the anime slowed down to 1 episode = 1 chapter then it would never catch up because they are both released weekly :)

Gingitsune
May 08, 2008, 04:37 PM
I've always wondered why the hell bleach had better quality - at least most of the time - even if we did get few crap drawing....there can be two possibilities :

_They get more money to make it?
_They prefer sword stories and all stuff there's in bleach...so they try to make it good.

I'd say neither, Bleach's director is more interested in his anime's story, characters and world, so his staff is more into it. Meanwhile Naruto's director only superfically cares, so his staff is not adequately supported. They are likely to get the same among of money for their series.

One of the problem for both series is definitely commercial, TV tokyo is among the right owner and they want these series to be all year long show so the public won't lose interest in the break and the schedule guys won't have to bother with what to place there each week. But all year long anime series, means there will either be fillers or slow paced episodes, because they can hardly make a good episodes with just one chapter's contents.

So why do we get fillers now? I bet the events that started with Naruto, Shino & co's new mission won't stop before a quite long while and won't be splittable. So once they will start the arc they have to be sure they'll have the end in time not to run out of contents and make borring one chapter episodes (like they did with the Gaara arc).

Baron Hugenstein
May 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
hmmm i dont know if this reallly matters but
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Pierrot
the studio that makes naruto & bleach specializes in making girl/dramatic animes.
maybe that is why shippuuden was slow paced and overdramatic

Gingitsune
May 12, 2008, 02:03 PM
It's sure they do a lot of girl/dramatic animes, but they did boy anime all along too. With Shippuuden, the dramatic parts are all from the manga (the scene added by Studio Pierrot are mostly funny or light mood stuff), the slow pace is because they diluted the contents in the first two arcs to make the arc change fits with the change of TV season. It would have work if they added more plot line to the first two arcs, but they didn't add enough so almost all episode feel slow. Some episode director were better to fill the script lack of contents, but they weren't numerous enough to shift the general mood of the series.

They changed the series script writer and co-series supervisor since episode 54, the rythm is definitely better now. Episode 54, 55 and 56 are 95 to 100% cannon, but from 57 it's 100% filler contents, although we should be back with condensed cannon episode in the middle of summer (the scene in the opening with Oro, Sasuke and Kabuto is from the arc after the Shikamaru arc, forshadowing we will be done with Hidan and Kakuzu by October).

Baron Hugenstein
May 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
It's sure they do a lot of girl/dramatic animes, but they did boy anime all along too. With Shippuuden, the dramatic parts are all from the manga (the scene added by Studio Pierrot are mostly funny or light mood stuff), the slow pace is because they diluted the contents in the first two arcs to make the arc change fits with the change of TV season. It would have work if they added more plot line to the first two arcs, but they didn't add enough so almost all episode feel slow. Some episode director were better to fill the script lack of contents, but they weren't numerous enough to shift the general mood of the series.

They changed the series script writer and co-series supervisor since episode 54, the rythm is definitely better now. Episode 54, 55 and 56 are 95 to 100% cannon, but from 57 it's 100% filler contents, although we should be back with condensed cannon episode in the middle of summer (the scene in the opening with Oro, Sasuke and Kabuto is from the arc after the Shikamaru arc, forshadowing we will be done with Hidan and Kakuzu by October).

heh ya, you are right, i was wrong ,they've done an ok job so far:amuse
i cant wait for the summer then:D

nat
May 25, 2008, 03:08 PM
Ehm ehm. If you look up commercial in the encyclopedia, you'll find Naruto's picture under it...

Anyway, as uchihaj said they want to recruit new fans and keep them. However, they are overkilling it. Fans are not dumb and they can remember what happened in the same episode or the previous. Too many flashbacks is destroying the show.

The animation crew want to make the pace so slow, instead of making 150 episodes (random number) they want to make 350. Just to make more money. So stretch the action/drama and put in a few stupid villains with no originality whatsoever, you appeal to the mass.

They gained new ones but what about the old fans? Many of them gave up on the anime. Plus the new ones will prolly get bored with such a stupid show. Doesn't leave anything to the imagination and over-explains even the most basic of things. makes you miss Death Note, doesn't it?

brolylss
May 25, 2008, 07:20 PM
As an "old fan" of Naruto I'm no longer watching the anime, manga is a waaayyy much cooler that the anime.

Baron Hugenstein
May 25, 2008, 07:45 PM
Ehm ehm. If you look up commercial in the encyclopedia, you'll find Naruto's picture under it...

Anyway, as uchihaj said they want to recruit new fans and keep them. However, they are overkilling it. Fans are not dumb and they can remember what happened in the same episode or the previous. Too many flashbacks is destroying the show.

The animation crew want to make the pace so slow, instead of making 150 episodes (random number) they want to make 350. Just to make more money. So stretch the action/drama and put in a few stupid villains with no originality whatsoever, you appeal to the mass.

They gained new ones but what about the old fans? Many of them gave up on the anime. Plus the new ones will prolly get bored with such a stupid show. Doesn't leave anything to the imagination and over-explains even the most basic of things. makes you miss Death Note, doesn't it?

I agree with you......

Long live Kira:amuse
----------------------------------------------------------
Me too....i have stopped watching the Anime, the last episode i watched was 42.......i tried to watch the new filler arc but it was somewhat painful to watch....so i stopped caring about the Anime as a whole.

Gingitsune
July 05, 2008, 03:27 PM
It's been a while I didn't come by, let's add some comments.

heh ya, you are right, i was wrong ,they've done an ok job so far

No, they don't do an ok job, at least, not for the two first arcs. And the 80 some episodes filler series before that was not ok either. The problem is not "commercial or not", the problem is mismanagement and lack of skill. For the lack of skill part, there are at least three episode directors I want fired, they do poor episode after poor episode. ¬_¬ There's also the script writer of the Gaara and Sai arc who made minimalistic script that translated as slow pace in most of the episodes. This one was fired! ^_^ There's also the lack of decent choreography to lengthen the fights, like when Orochimaru send three times the same snakes à Naruto. ¬_¬ And the music was clearly not doing its emphasis job in the first too arcs. They are trying to solve most of the short comings, I hope they'll be successful, we won't know before we reach a cannon part.

Nah, Naruto is avarage commercial, the picture you will find under commercial is Code Geass. Take the most popular genres, mix them together, hire Clamp for the Chara design, Sunrise for the animation and you get an instant hit. Commercial doesn't mean painful to watch.

Death Note is as commercial as Naruto, the main difference is Death Note's 12 book series was over when they start the anime (manga's end -> May 2006, anime's start -> Ocotober 2006). By contrast, Naruto 14 was in the making when the anime started. The slow pace, never ending flashbacks and periodic fillers are all features of a series that started too soon.

Baron Hugenstein
July 06, 2008, 03:03 PM
It's been a while I didn't come by, let's add some comments.

No, they don't do an ok job, at least, not for the two first arcs. And the 80 some episodes filler series before that was not ok either. The problem is not "commercial or not", the problem is mismanagement and lack of skill. For the lack of skill part, there are at least three episode directors I want fired, they do poor episode after poor episode. ¬_¬ There's also the script writer of the Gaara and Sai arc who made minimalistic script that translated as slow pace in most of the episodes. This one was fired! ^_^ There's also the lack of decent choreography to lengthen the fights, like when Orochimaru send three times the same snakes à Naruto. ¬_¬ And the music was clearly not doing its emphasis job in the first too arcs. They are trying to solve most of the short comings, I hope they'll be successful, we won't know before we reach a cannon part.

I understand that and i agree with everything u said, the reason i wrote that post was because i stopped watching Naruto Shippuden, it was becoming too painful to watch it.....so i had no idea what they continued doing.