PDA

View Full Version : Other The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~

Anax
January 10, 2006, 09:02 AM
OK guys, this thread is meant to be like what I believe is the favorite part of camping for many of us: sharing scary stories around the campfire at night. So, come on over, sit down around the fire and do your best to scare everyone!

Let me start by introducing you to the world of shadows... my world... >)

Doppelganger

It was a mundane night in Leonidion like all the others before it. I had finished my homework and since there was no one home I thought I'd surf the net for a while. Those where the glorious days when I'd stay online most of my free time, being active in 1-2 forums and talking to people on Trillian (AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ, IRC). At the time I was talking to a friend from Belgium on MSN. Despite all the shadows I've encountered in my life I wouldn't think of myself as a scardycat, so most of the lights in the house where off apart from a lampshade with a dimmer, situated on the far right corner to the back of the room. It provided a low, gentle lighting.

An abstract painting my mother had bought before I was born was hanging on the wall to my right. As I was typing, a lock of hair fell into my face and I casually brushed it away with my hand, at the same time turning to look at my reflection in the painting out of habit --I often used it as a low quality mirror.

I froze.

I just stood there motionless, my hand still in my hair, staring. The shadow in the mirror was staring back, its hands to its sides. My blood felt still and rigid as ice in my veins, my heart seemingly having forgotten how to beat. For a lifetime that lasted less than a second I stood there staring, enthralled and then the shadow came to life. It turned its head toward me in an unnatural, unsettling way, twisting its shadowy neck more than what should be possible. Somehow, though the doppelganger was but a dark, smoky silhouette I could sense that it was smiling at me. I could feel its smug grin and the playful, arrogant glint in its nonexistent eyes, just as I could feel the invisible dark aura it exuded. An aura that hinted at a dark, insatiable appetite. A deep hunger.

Hunger for my fear.

The shadow was cackling soundlessly. An unnerving feeling started creeping up my spine, until it consumed me whole and took my breath away: somehow the doppelganger's wicked, soundless cackling would cause the mirror to crack. It would crack. Any moment now. It would crack and the horrible shockwave of darkness would violently tear my spirit from my body, leaving it cold and lifeless. And then...

...nothing.

The shadow faded away, its soundless mocking laughter the only thing left behind echoing inside my head. Reality came rushing back, flooding my senses. My shadow was gone. My shadow was gone?
Nonsense, a shadow isn't something one can lose, not unless their body stops obstructing the path of photons anyway. I made to raise my right hand, but then stopped afraid of what I'd discover, unable to face the outcome of the simplest of tests. Curiosity however triumphed over fear (as was often the case) and I suddenly raised both of my hands in the air flailing wildly.

Nothing.

Panicked I stood up and rushed to the painting. As any high school physicist would have predicted, there my reflection stood imitating my every motion, as usual. I went back to my father's desk and my shadow was gone again. Something was amiss, but I was starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I stood up again and inspected the desk and its surroundings. Suddenly everything made sense. Well, almost everything. My father had moved the desk closer to the west wall, so the painting could no longer function as a mirror while I sat there.

But when was the desk moved? How long had I been staring at a false shadow for...?

Aaaaand, that was my first scary story! I'll share more stories involving the shadows and myself in the future, provided there's enough interest (1 person is enough ). For the time being, I urge you all to share your own scary stories!!

KOLE
January 10, 2006, 10:57 AM
Good story, I really liked it. Unfortunately I don't have any scary stories to write :(

nytrogyn
January 10, 2006, 03:33 PM
good.. good..

bebong
January 14, 2006, 01:24 AM
freaky..

Dragonzair
February 01, 2006, 08:13 PM
Meehh. You scared the crap out of me, Anax. XD Hope to read more scary stories from you. ^_^ Do you write fanfics? Because you seem to be such a good writer. If you do, I'll be you beta test reader! :nuts

[edit]

OH LAWD!!! :bored I need to poop and I'm scared to go into the toileettt! *wails*

Anax
February 04, 2006, 11:29 AM
As a matter of fact I don't write fanfics... Not for some particular reason, it's basicly that manga are new to me. Hmm, there was this one time when a friend and I tried to make a story... it kept us occupied for a while :amuse

Here's another story I've written (http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?p=1858103#post1858103) (and dumped the post, not attending to it at all when it's so full of all sorts of horrible mistakes). It is in fact a true story :tem

As for more scary stories... I do want to, it's just that sometimes life seems to run so fast you can't catch up to it...
"Later" leads to the land of "Never"

ShgnLW
May 24, 2006, 03:02 PM
My refrigerator is possessed by an evil spirit.

Two days ago I grabbed a pack of yogurt. I looked at the durability date: 06-06-06. pff, pretty creepy, but the yogurt tasted good :D
After that, I picked a pack of yogurtdrink (I love yogurtdrinks). Guess what: durability date 06-06-06.

Creepy, but it goes even further.

That evening, I picked a pack of pot cheese (thick yogurt) out of the refrigerator. Durability date: 06-06-06.
aaawww....

It goes even FURTHER!!!

yesterday, I picked a bag of baguette out of the freezer. Guess what, durability date 06-06-06.

Hahahah, today again,
I got a mail from my drive instructor (i failed my drivers exam previous tuesday :(). If I buy a block of 2 hours (2 hours driving) I only have to pay €66,66 for it, because on 06-06-06 they exists 6 years.
I now pay €375 per 20 half hours, this is equal to *gulp* 6,66 lessons of 1,5 hours.

this is not all:

When I entered this site, the first thing I saw was 666 Satan Chapter 29 by Rush!

Damn, this is creepy...... a few months ago I was writing a paper and that paper had, when I finished it 666 words...

Kickmeister
May 24, 2006, 03:21 PM
Damn! That's like.. really weird.. must be some sort of sign! Please tell me if the number 666 suddenly appear on your skin aswell.. Cuz then you've probably gotta use some sort of exorcism or sumthin like that!.. Peace out!

ShgnLW
May 24, 2006, 05:20 PM
Just checked and nope, no 666 on my skin :p

Guess that most people here think I bullshit, but it is really true.
Tried to make a photo but the batteries in my camera are probably empty. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the durability date on the pack of pot cheese was not 06-06-06, bu 03-06-06 ;) detail :D

jabbament
May 24, 2006, 05:47 PM
My first job ever was working Drive-Thru at Arby's, and every single day, at least once, I would have a total $6.66 for a customer. Most of the times, the customer would give $7.00 and say, "I don't want the change...its taboo!".

So, I believe you. 666 does repeat itself in all sorts of things...like Bill Gates' name in ASCII!

B = 66, I = 73, L = 76, L = 76, G = 71, A = 65, T = 84, E = 69, S = 83, I = 1, I = 1, I = 1

Add them up, and yep. 666.

(By the way the 3 I's at the end are because his name is William Henry Gates III, so using Bill Gates III you get the number 666). I know this is an old joke, but its still damned funny when you think about it...if you hate Microshit as much as me. ;)

Mimerich
May 24, 2006, 07:59 PM
the anti Christ has arrived! :tem

Anax
May 24, 2006, 08:47 PM
The poll about a rep system for MH will be closing on 06-06-06! Funniest thing ever? I had that poll in mind for a few days but the universe conspired and I didn't make it before that fated day, plus Taylor mentioned leaving it open for two months... The world is a funny place to live in :grin By the way, have you guys ever thought that it could be us creating those phenomena? They could be the effect of our thought on reality! Mind over matter, thinkforms etc. Just think about it.

Kusachu
May 24, 2006, 10:10 PM
The human body is made mostly of carbon which has 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons!! O.O XD

Gold Knight
May 27, 2006, 02:30 AM
"The Omen" is opening on 6-6-6 :eyeroll

Daioten
May 27, 2006, 02:40 AM
Lol.. my sister is graduating from high school on 6-6-6. :blink

jabbament
May 27, 2006, 02:46 AM
For you math geeks out there, found this:

39² = 1521

Break that up:
15² + 21² = 666

Add them together:
15 + 21 = 36

Add 1-36 and:
1 + 2 + 3 ... 35 + 36 = 666

ShgnLW
May 28, 2006, 08:35 AM
w00t, I did not know that bill gates joke, pretty creepy...

More:

My g/f has an exam on 6-6-6

I recently made a new friend, his birthday is on 6-6-6 (he turns 21)

Adam_xx
May 28, 2006, 08:42 AM
Im scared now... O_O

Dragonzair
May 28, 2006, 09:18 AM
LOL @ Ken chan. XD

HAHA XD

I was gonna say that. The Omen. I saw the movie poster today while going to see X Men, and found it funny. XD

Anax
June 01, 2006, 12:46 AM
The "Something really creepy..." thread has been merged with the "Scary stories thread" to create a more general thread for you guys to post anything scary (as you've been doing so far) so... Enjoy! :grin

Dragonzair
June 01, 2006, 02:13 PM
Perfect. Now continue with your scary stories people! XD

I like scaring the shit out of my pants at twelve midnight.

Well, no. But you get tempted no matter how scared you are right?

white silver
June 13, 2006, 10:06 PM
[b][font=tahoma]I don't want to insult Catholics or Anything, but I just found something related to 666 (since you're all so obsessed with it) here goes:

[color=purple]"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads." (Rev.14: 1)

We know that the false prophet will be an apostate Pope of Rome. We do not yet know his name but we can determine the number of his office. On the papal bonnet are the words "VICARVIS FILEII DEI."

These numbers can be identified with the number of the beast by the use of Roman numerals. It is plain to see as you study the doctrine of the Roman

Church and its relationship with paganism in the past, that the one that occupies the office of the pope when the Anti-Christ comes will be the false prophet.

It is interesting to know that the numeral value of the words of the title of the Pope’s is the same as the number of the beast. The number of the beast was 600, 60 and 6.

These numbers can be identified with the number of the beast by the use of Roman numerals.

Let’s look at the numeral value of the words of the title on the Pope’s bonnet:

V = 5 F = 0 D = 500

I = 1 I = 1 E = 0

C = 100 L = 50 I = 1

A = 0 E = 0 = 501

R = 0 I = 1

I = 1 I = 1

V =5 = 53

S = 0

= 112 Total of all three: 112 + 53 + 501 = 666

You can see how that the mark of the beast is a religious seal of the false prophet of Rome and that it is a counterfeit of the true seal of protection that God used in biblical history.

More on this link: http://www.pastorlewis.com/art-mark.html

rich_schism
September 22, 2006, 07:26 AM
taken from my diary last 2003:

Yesterday the whole family attended the 2nd year anniverasry of Tito's father at Manila Memorial Park in Sucat. We were hearing mass near the resting bodies of Tito's lovedones in an improvised church which Tito's relatives made, when suddenly a child with short hair caught my right peripheral vision. He was staring at us and when I tried to take a closer look at him he runs away and disappears.

It happened about three times. After the third time, I realized that it could be a ghost because no human can disappear so fast. After the mass I went straight to where the child appeared. There I saw a tombstone. The name Paula was etched on it, probably who died of old age, and right below her name is a name of a boy probably her grandson.

Here is the date:
Born 1990 Died 1997

Dragonzair
September 22, 2006, 10:55 AM
*shudders*

Ngeh. Na takot mo ko >< I actually shed a few tewars from fear, darnit >.>

Interesting that a lot of stuff like that happen in the Philippines. Thought I'd share this with you guys.

Now, somewhere a few months back in August, my great grandmother passed away, so we had togo to the Philippines. Everyone went there (save a few from the States who had problems with their health). It was basically a family gathering.

Before I tell you everything, I think I ougtta let you know how things go in there.

My great greandmother used to live in Mabini, which is just a few streets away from my grandma's house in Makati. But a few years ago, when my great granma's health started to detoriate, she had to come live in Makati (where my gramma lives). So that's where my great gramma died, and that's where the...erm...I don't know what it's called. They call it something in tagalog. Where you pray for the person, in the house, and the coffin's there? A few weeks before her burial?

So we're all in the Novena prayer downstairs where everyone was gathered (in the garage), and the whole street was closed for a few weeks. So all our relatives were there, with friends as well.

The boyfriend of one of my cousins, they believe he has the third eye and such. Meaning he can see stuff no one can. At first I didn't really believe...but. *shrugs*

He said there was a guy standing in there, whom he didn't recognize to be in the family. He was wearing barong tagalog (um. some kind of white formal shirt, guys wear), and he was just praying along with us.

No one saw him, so when he described it to one of the people living in the house, they said he described it perfectly as the old owner of the house. He was also the former mayor of that area.

No idea what he was doing there, but he was jsut standing, and praying for my great grandmother.

Actually, in my great gramma's old house, that guy says he sees a lot more people. My great gramma did live since the second World War >.> so that house is pretty old. Bahay ni Lola. *grins mischievously* Inside joke of filipinos. XD

That's not the end of it.

My great gramma was buried on August 13, and a few days after that, weird stuff happened. >_>

Somewhere during the ninth day after her burial, me, my brother, and a few of my cousins wehre in the garage, along with anothre gramma of mine. My uncle was showing me something on his laptop, some work he's done in college.

Sohalf an hour after that, my mom comes out (we were staying over in one of the rooms, which is right next to the garage. Meaning, there is one entrance from the garage to that room as well.)

But my mom came out from the other door, instead of that one in the garage. I thought she was going to scold me and my brother for still being up (it was 2 in the morning. Note: I cannot believe how things went in there ><; The latest time people left the house was at 6 am D=)

So she comes up to us, and tells s to be quiet, and to stop knocing the door. Becuase my baby cousins (who were from the UK *huggles and kisses*) were sleeping in that room as well.

Actually, she directed that to my cousin, Benson, who was known to be a trouble maker when he was younger. But we promised my mom that he didn't leave his seat to knock. Even my gramma told her that no one touched the wooden door.

My mom got scared, and told us that she definitely heard the knock. She said it was like:

"knock knock knock

knock knock knock

knock knock knock"

We all jsut went quiet. The only way she could have heard that wooden knocks were through both the doors. And she swears the she heard it coming from the garage door.

We swore we didn't touch it. My other unlces were drinking out in the street, and if they were knocking, it'd be a drunken knock of knocknokconkkcon or whatever.

Then a few seconds later, my other grammacomes out with the Novena prayer. She was quite agitated. Apparently, we had forgotten to do the Novena prayer of that day. And all the guests had already left, save a few.

While we did the prayer, it scared me to hell, but during our prayer, it started raining heavily and thundering like shit. I dunno about you, but I jsut felt my great gramma was reminding us to do the Novena. Note, it was the ninth day after her burial. The knocks my mom heard, were a distinct number of nine as well. ><

Not only that. My aunt from the UK, was in the toilet of our room that time as well (when my mom heard the knocks).And she said that she didn't feel really secure inside that toilet.

I forgot to mention that, our room, is right next to where my great gramma lived when she was here. The toilet being the room, exactly next to it. I swear. D= We've got the perfect room. >< Basically, we were right next to where my great gramma had passed away, and right next to where the coffin was before we buried her.

Doesn't end there. :p

One thing about my family is that, whenever someone dies, it usually coincides with someone's birthday. When a grandfather died two years ago, or something, it was the birthday of both my uncle and aunt the following week. Somewhere this year, another death occured, and it was the birthday of one of my cousins.

And this time, it was my brother's own birthday. August 12. >.> People had almost forgotten it was my brother's birthday, and they had planned my great gramma to be buried on his birthday, but they later moved it to 13.

Also, whenever a family member is buried, it rains on that day itself. It did so too, this year. Heavy rain, floods and blah.

Anyway, a few days after that incident occured, er.... something happened to me. >.>

It was somewhere around 7 am (I rmember clearly, coz I was looking at my watch that time), and I woke up. I heard this rustling next to me, and I thought it must've been the thrash, sicne the fan was on, and was probably making the plastic rustle.

Somehow, something, didn't feel right at all. I heard my baby cousin playing with one of my gramma's across the room (The UK and UAE family slept in the same place), so I was like, 'ignore'.

But then I looked ahead of me, and near the foot of my bed, I saw someone walking towards the toilet, or wherever that place was. I was scared shitless.

I didn't even see the face, sicne I didnt want to move my face towards the person's face. But I clearly saw he or she was wearing a long white dress. Definitely female. ><

My great gramma was buried wearing a white dress.

So I covered my face for a few seconds, and looked and gone. Nothing. Zilch. My gramma in the other side of the room stood up (probably to have breakfast upstairs) and she saw me wide awake. I was grinning like a miniac up at her (i was still scared shit), and she was wondering why I was awake.

Whenever she visits us in the UAE, she usually sees me and my brother awake at somewhere around 10-12, not at 7. So she asked me what was wrong and I told her. >.>

Later we found out that my gramma's secretary (the one who owns the house), also experienced something in that room.

See, the place we were bunking in, is right next to the office as well. So she was there one night, and she was the only one. We were all out at dinner or something.

She heard someone cough. Not a normal cough. It's the cough my great gramma makes. The sick kind of cough old people give. Not once, but a few times too.

Needlesas to say, she went home early. >.>

Thing is, she was close to my great gramma as well. =/

Peh. That's it I guess, XD Alot more happened to others, but that's all I know, for my part. >.>

white silver
September 23, 2006, 12:09 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Creepy story. Now I'll share mine!

It was about 7 years ago, I was about 12 years old. I was the kind of person that you would call "mischievous" in so many ways, and my "partner-in-crime" who is also my best friend was just as bad as well.

Anyways, one day, my friend told me that his friend has got a Sega Saturn with some really cool games in it. Now, during my time a Sega Saturn or a Playstation is a among a rarity here, and playing one was definitely a worth it. The problem was, that person happened to live in a very very old building (some say it was haunted), you can really tell that it looked so old and if you look back it's history, *gulp*, 40 years. That's pretty old, and as you know Hong Kong has a lot of old buildings here (nb more than 20 at most). This being one of the very exceptional case.

It was about 9pm, and being the irresponsible person I am, I did not tell my parents that I was going there. It was only a 5 minute distance from my place and I thought I was going to get back before you know it. How I was truly wrong.....

We went to the ground floor of the building and IT WAS CREEPY. The elevators were so old you'd think they'd fall of at almost anytime. On top of that problem, the guy was living on the TOP Floor, which made it creepier. We pressed the button and as we ascended the lift, the lights flicker. The trip seemed like hours even though it was a few minutes. The lift stopped. The doors opened and an extremely dark hallway was revealed to us. I asked my friend where this "Sega Guy" lived, and to my horror he replied "to the end". It felt really cold (despite that was still summer). The terrace's view had old buildings cramped up together with this one so there's absolutely no view but I can see the floors below and they have almost no light, which I find it to be very strange. Even the Emergency staircases were dark (extremely dark) except for the main one.

We did manage to get to our friends place, and boy all the fear I had were thrown away when I played the Sega Saturn, it was fabulously awesome. After 2 hours we decided to rest because it was getting late and I had to go back home. My friend told me about a story of a "White Lady" roaming around these areas, especially at night. This doesn't really suit well to the mood since the fact it was now 11AM! There was a question I asked him to why the terraces from the 1st floor to the top have NO light? He impled that nobody could fix the problem despite many efforts, even the lift lights keep flickering. He mentioned it has been like this for about 30 years, and nobody was able to fix or repair the lights. And that's when he told me the history of this building.

The History of the Haunted Building:

It comes to no surprise that this building is one of the most notorious buildings in my area. My parents and neighbours knew that something was definitely wrong with that building. That is why the rent rates are really cheap, but ever so few go there to live.

About 40 years ago, at the completion of the building, it was used as a cheap housing residence for people, eventually it seemed like a very ideal place for a brothel, so the first few floors were occupied as that sort of business. Many-a-prostitutes got killed and were dumped in the area below the terrace. The exact same terrace I mentioned next to the old buildings. Rumours started a few years after the incident that floating "white ladies" roam the area putting out the lights in the terrace. The terraces needed light especially at night, and because of that, many customers left that building, business became extremely bad. So they closed it, but even so, the place was still being spooked by these so-called "white ladies". Of course, only the residents of the building believe that, but you know as you enter there, you feel really really cold, as if the temperature dropped unnaturally.

The story ended, but by the time he finished, it was 12:00pm. And the terrace looked more haunted than ever. Even going to the lift was a serious problem (we COULDN'T SEE IT)! Our host decided to accompany us to the Lift, but the lift wasn't coming up.

"WHAT?", so how do we go home? There were 3 ways, the two emergency exits on opposite sides or the one "main" one at the opposite side of the elevator. Now the emergency exits looked like gates to hell (you remember those exits I told you earlier). There was absolutely no way we'd go there. So we decided to take the "main" exit. He bid as farewell and good luck.???

So we decended the stairs and every floor we've been through, you can see dark corridors as dark as the one I've mentioned, it really looked like you're decending an endless amount of stairs. Suddenly we felt something.....really.....cold. We really didn't want to believe that "white lady" rumor but it was unnaturally cold. As we decended on the 10th floor or was it 9th? Anyways, we saw a figure by the elevator staring at us, we thought it was a resident, but she disappeared (it was really dark so you really couldn't tell if she went left or right).

As we reached the floor below us, we've felt another chilling atmosphere, chilling but for some reason, we were sweating, and we saw or what we thought a very similar "resident" at the exact same spot. Okay, that's quite the coincedence, but it really wasn't because as we went to the floor below us, WE SAW HER AGAIN! Was she playing with us, because she would have a lot of guts going by the "dark stairs" but something wasn't right, we couldn't help but think...... "OH SHIT" my friend replied, she looked at us at the exact same way at the exact same spot 3 times over. (If you haven't realized, the building was designed to look the same whichever floor you go to). Only this time, she looked a lot clearer. Than she disappeared again. We went to the floor below us again but this time, we didn't stop to look at the corridor and we hurried faster.

Trust me, it really seemed like hours, and we realized we were on the 5th Floor. Are you kidding me? 5th Floor? This wasn't right. And I saw my friend fixiating his eyes behind the stairs we decended. I called to him, but he was just standing there like a piece of stone. It frightened me, I called him again, and as I went over and looked up, I saw....... a pair of BLOODSHOT EYES, the most horrible ones I've seen in my life, and standing there was a very pale woman. I can feel all the hair of my body standing. I realized that me and my friend were completely paralyzed. But as she went closer, I pinched my self so hard that I bled. I pulled my friend and he realized the situation. And as saw the ground floor, we felt extremely relieved. The security guard saw us and asked us why we didn't take the lift. Well the lift BROKE DOWN. The security guard looked at us at with a blank stare, and then said "What do you mean BROKE DOWN?" The lift was working all this time.

We didn't want to know why the lift wasn't broken or not, so we ran back home only to be scolded by my mom. Gosh, that was the last time I went to that building.

Dragonzair
September 23, 2006, 05:42 AM
You scared the fucking crap out of me. >_<

I will never...ever go to a haunted place if I knew it. :wtf Okay, maybe I'd be forced to like when I wa younger (adn had bad experieces *shudder*)

Never.

EEEhhhhh. How the hell were you able to sleep?

white silver
September 23, 2006, 08:36 AM
You scared the fucking crap out of me. >_<

I will never...ever go to a haunted place if I knew it. :wtf Okay, maybe I'd be forced to like when I wa younger (adn had bad experieces *shudder*)

Never.

EEEhhhhh. How the hell were you able to sleep?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Trust me, it was really difficult. And it's not the first time I've had a bad experience with creepy things, I have some more as well. This story was written quite quickly so there's actually more to it than what it says.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
On February i decided to move from my house where i used to live with my sister. I rented a small one-room flat on the 4th floor in one of the government housing project complex. There are 2 flats on the 4th floor, which is the highest, and both are empty. After several nights of peace and quiet and made a party for my friends, weird things started happening. I was alone (sometimes my friend stay over), and sleeping. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on my bedroom door. I woke up and thinking that it must be just a dream or just my imagination. So, i went to my computer to go online. Suddenly, i felt a cold breeze passes through me, which is strange because it was a hot night and i didnt turn on the fan. But i didnt give it any thought.

Several days later, i came back from going out real late, around 2am with another friend. As I was looking for my keys, both my friend and i heard a little girl's sound saying "big brother, big brother" (kinda like that girl in FMA anime that got turned into a chimera by her Dad) from the other empty flat across mine. And then that cold breeze passed right by me and my friend. We were scared shitless so we rushed to get in my place. But nothing happened after that.

The next morning, i was buying some bread and talked to a lady who lived there since the 80's. She said that the flat across mine is haunted. Back in the 198?? a family lived there, with two kids, the dad was a drunk and a gambler who abuse his wife. One day, he came home really drunk and mad. So he starts yelling and beating up his wife and kids. A few hours later, the sound stops. And the next morning, all four members of the family was found dead. Apparently, the dad killed his family and then killed himself. After that incident, no other tennant live in that place longer than several months. I wasn't really scared, since back in college, the house that i rent with some friends was also haunted. :XD

Later that night, around 1am, I was browsing MH and then i heard a noise from the kitchen area. I thought it was rats. So i went to check, and then i saw the plate that i just washed several hours earlier was moving, sliding slowly back and forth near the kitchen sink and once again that cold breeze was felt. But it wasnt a breeze, the air was suddenly colder around me and there was a weird stench. So, i gathered up my stuff and went to a 24 hour cafe and stayed there until around 5am. :XD

A few days later, the same sound was heard from my kitchen. But i decided not to get scared. I just yell, "If that plate breaks, i'm gonna make sure you wont be living in peace here or anywhere." (actually, i said that with my knees trembling and was about to pissed on my pants, which i didnt do). And then the sound stops as the cold wind breezed through me.

A week after that, a friend was staying at my place for a couple of days, we were sleeping in the same room. Around 2am, he woke me up and said that two little boys woke him up asking for some food because they're hungry. He wasnt really scared, since we were housemate in college in that haunted house. After he said some prayers and "the boys" left the room.

The night after that, when i was online and my friend was watching tv, we heard a loud knock coming from my bedroom door. My friend was surprised, he threw the ashtray on the door and said, "Oy, keep it down! I'm watching football!!". :XD
And suddenly the bedroom door closes all by itself. My fried joked and said, "You know what, maybe if we can somehow communicate with those poltergeist or ghost, we can train them to do some work around here, like doing the laundry." After he said that, there was a loud noise from the kitchen area. And my friend said, "That's not how you do the dishes!" :XD As for me, my knees was trembling since i felt that same cold breeze and smell that weird stench, which my friend didnt.

So, I finally made up my mind. I pay the rent and those ghost doesn't. So, it's my way or the highway (to heaven or hell, who cares :D). I started ignoring the weird stuff happening in my flat and i didnt get too many house guest, since the only ones who got the guts to visit or even stay there are my housemates from college. :D

And then one night it was raining real hard, and the house is leaking everywhere. I feel like in Outkast's Ms. Jackson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Vy8PywZTM) video, replace the cat, dogs and owl with ghosts and poltergeists. :XD
So i told the owner about it, but the guy who was supposed to repair it never came and the owner said that i should pay for the repair bill, which according to the contract is his to pay. So i decided to move back with my sister at the end of this month. I'm gonna miss all the haunting ghost there, but i hope they dont decide to move back with me. :XD

Azurel
April 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
:wtf I love ghost stories! :love Ichi's and White Silver's stories, sugoi!!! :wtf anyone has any other scary stories to tell? I'm dying for more.. :XD

Paper
April 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
:offtopic y'know what's really scary? Michael Jackson is still on the loose! and i mean it, he's still out there along with other paedophiles! urgh...

Runemage
April 19, 2007, 09:39 AM
@paper boy, this should be scarier for your age

being fresh meat in mid to high security prison and bunking with a cell mate with lots of "issues", not to mention the shower, oh no the soap............. :eek:

Paper
April 19, 2007, 09:47 AM
i guess....michael jackson still freaks the hell out of me though....ever since he got himself bleached things haven't been the same

Runemage
April 20, 2007, 02:26 AM
ESCAPE PLAN 3# well he's still male, so a swift kick between the legs and run for it :XD

Paper
April 20, 2007, 02:39 AM
good luck running around in a 9x9 box with a rail....

Runemage
April 20, 2007, 03:06 AM
9x9 box rail?? don't know what that is...............

Paper
April 20, 2007, 03:16 AM
9 feet by 9 feet cell...thats the standard size for a jail cell ain't it?

Azurel
April 20, 2007, 06:44 AM
............................. >.>

<.< ...............................................................

where are your scary stories !! scare me to death please :amuse

Not much "spooky" stuff ever really happens around me..

But I have a very short story.. I was lying on my bed and was about to fall asleep when I suddenly heard a song playing. It was quite soft and at first, I thought it was coming from my neighbour's radio (above or below me) because I sometimes, do hear their radio playing. But this time it was different because the song was very clear as if it was right beside me in my room. So I was rummaging around in the dark trying to find the source of the sound and I came across my walkman with the earpiece plugged in and the song was coming from it. I went out to take a look at it in the light and saw that it was playing the fourth track which happens to be my favourite track. Then I remembered that the walkman shouldn't be playing because the battery wasn't working. I had chucked my walkman aside and almost forgotten about it after the battery died out on me a few months back. And I noticed it was at maximum volume which was why I could hear it but I never put my volume to the max because I don't want to become deaf. And lastly, why the hack is it playing the fourth track even if it somehow accidentally got switch on it would have started with the first track.

Paper
April 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
well....my friend told me this one:

a female friend of mine once told me that her house as haunted, and she told me of this one time where she was about to go down a flight of stairs when she saw a boy playing with a ball. she asked what the boy what he was doing, but as the boy turned his head, she saw that the boy didn't have a face, and the boy started to run up the staircase, going after her. so she runs to her room, shuts the door, locks it, and hides under her sheets. for some weird reason (or so she says) she hears the door creak open and she hears the boy come in, and then the boy starts to jump up and down on her bed (with her on it), and she starts praying the lords prayer....then.....well, you guessed it....the boy vanished as soon as she was done reciting the prayer....

well....it's up to you if you find it spooky or not...

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
L4pb, that is damn spooky!!!

That's sounds like "the boys" in my flat. My friend stayed at my place last night, and then he came to my office after hour to return my key. he told me that while he was sleeping last night. the two boys that woke him up several weeks ago, returned. this time one of them just stare at him while the other one is tugging on his leg. It was the being touch with ice, he said. But my friend'll be staying here again tonight, his car broke down. :XD

Azurel
April 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
@ ichi I expected your fren to say " leave me alone, I'm trying to sleep" or something like that :XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 20, 2007, 12:07 PM
No, he just prayed, real hard and they're gone. :D

erikrhys
April 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
im not sure if this is scary, but it traumatized me.....ok here goes...

when i was little, my class went on a trip to a meuseum. Everything was going ok until we decided to leave. As we were leaving, i saw this kid leanning over a rail, and then fall over it to his death.....all i can remember is hearing this horrid crunching sound and people screaming......and ever since then i have been terrified of heights and ledges......so...yea......

Paper
April 24, 2007, 01:01 PM
that would warrant for traumatizing....but scary....well it just depends on how screwed up you are....

erikrhys
April 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
...im not screwed up (at least i dont think i am 0-o) i am just traumatized form what happened.....like, i have been trying to overcome my fear of heights for the last year, but at the time i was scared as hell!.....like.....dude...i was a little kid....and i saw another kid die......it was scary as all shit!

Paper
April 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
i was 7 when i killed my first chicken.....my granny (who owned a farm) taught me how to kill, gut, dress, and cook a chicken at an eaerly age....i've also done in a cow and a pig....

@screwed up- personally, i think that we're all screwed up to some extent. the ones that say that they arn't are in denial, and the ones that admit have taken the first step to truth.

erikrhys
April 24, 2007, 01:59 PM
well it depends how screwed up you mean.....and i guess i am a little different or strange in a way.....but i dont think i am "screwed up".......but i may just be in denial ^-^

Azurel
April 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
A few years ago, I kinda witnessed a double suicide. I was at the 7th storey in my aunt's flat and the I saw something dropping from the flat across and heard a loud commotion.. I went near the window and look out to see a second person jumping down..the 2 people were a couple.. and when one of them jump, the other followed >.>

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Now that's what i called "You jump, i jump!" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I saw a hanged dead body when i was 8 or 9 years old. An mentally handicapped person, hanged himself because his wife left him, according to the note he left. He didnt have a wife nor was he ever marry.

Paper
April 25, 2007, 11:12 AM
when i was around 12 my neighbour died on his crapper.....while doing #2.....i found it hilarious.....but some people find death scary...so i posted it here.....

erikrhys
April 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
dude.....my class went to see an autopsy for health class.....and it was kinda scary.....because the girl next to me fainted and hit her head.......and also seeing a person playing with a dead persons organs is also kinda scary XD

Runemage
April 27, 2007, 03:48 AM
my friend has an obsession to send me gross pics, one of his favorites are variations of goatse, don't look it up if you don't know please :/, i find it.............well you know, creepy :S

Babii-Boo
April 28, 2007, 05:38 PM
Where do you think people go when they die? O.o

erikrhys
April 28, 2007, 11:51 PM
^
i personally dont have a religion so i think that when you die it is just like going into a never-ending dream

Runemage
April 29, 2007, 12:00 AM
^^you are reborn with no memories!!

that's what i like to believe anyway...........

erikrhys
April 29, 2007, 12:03 AM
^
just made a thread for this topic, so lets go back to scary stories ^-^

http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=379211#post379211

Azurel
April 29, 2007, 02:44 AM
A few posts and still no scary stories? :scry

I have another not so scary story.

It was during my freshman orientation camp. We were having a night walk around the school buildings. I was paired up with another girl who was really scared so she kept clinging on to me (too bad I'm not a guy har har :p) And of course, I was leading the way and she screamed everytime one of the people dressed up as monsters were popping up along the way. We were reaching towards the end of the course, and I still haven't scream yet :XD and we had to go down the stairs near the lift lobby. As we were walking towards the stairway, directly opposite was a huge window with 4 sections (beside the door to the stairway)and when I look at the bottom right of it, there was a head just hanging there with a disfigured face. My partner didn't seem to have notice it since she was probably staring at the door as we walking towards it and I didn't want her to become hysterics so I didn't ask if she saw the head in the window. The staircase was pitch black, I could hardly see anything, not even my own hands in front of me so I had to use the railings to guide me down. The course ended when we reached outside. I thought the head might have been a prop so I went around asking the committee if they had put a dummy head at the 3rd level of the building near the window and they said they never used any props, only people dressing up as monsters and such.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 29, 2007, 02:59 AM
Uh, that could be my leftovers. :XD
That;s scary Az. It's a good thing you didnt ask the head for direction. :D

Azurel
April 29, 2007, 03:08 AM
>.> ur leftovers are floating around in my school huh :XD

There was something really weird about the face.. the eyes were big and well, I didn't stare at it too long in case it notices me staring at it :amuse luckily I had my blurring skills. And the building I was in, is the same building I'm studying in. And I realized that the area was at the more secluded and run down part of the building.

Babii-Boo
April 29, 2007, 04:44 AM
Uhm Azurel, about the head... Did it look... realistic? Like a real human head? Or was it just some head model with a green face? :s

Azurel
April 29, 2007, 08:49 AM
Well, the skin was very pale, short black hair, definitely a guy's head.. when I first saw it, my gut feeling told me to look away quickly, just in case it wasn't a prop. :amuse it was the eyes, it was not only big, but it seems to be rolled upwards sorta like in pain >.<

amar_kun
April 29, 2007, 09:15 AM
i also have a ghost story to share.. even though i never see the ghost in this story,
this story circulates in my last boarding school and was passed down from one generation to another.. back in the year 1998 (i was 13 at that time), i was transferred to a boarding school in nothern region of malaysia. the new students were allocated into 4 dormitories, consist of 16 people in each dorm. on the first night in my hostel day, the seniors came and started to share their 'interesting story'... :s

the story goes like this.. there is a dining hall for students about 50 metres from the boys hostel.. we ate there for our breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper.. since my school is a government school and we have quite a tight budget for food, the cooks and workers in the dining hall have to be very trifty with the budget.

once upon a time, there is a lady cook in the dining hall who always brought her small boy whenever she was working... the boy was about 4 years old at that time.. being a little brat, he was active and because of that, he was always hungry.... then he started to ask his mom, "mom.. i want food.. could you pls give me some of those?"... "nope.. this is for the students.. if you want this you have to ask from them.. they will be angry if you take their food without permission".. his mother tried to stop the conversation by scaring him of the seniors.. this conversations repeated whenever the small guy hungry..

one day, the boy caught a high fever.. not long after that he died from the fever.. and the nightmare of our hostel began.. i've never experienced it, but this is a story from one of my seniors..

on that night, just like any other normal night, at 12:00 he switched of the lights of the dorm (we call this lights-out time) and lay on his bed. after a while, he started to sleep.. however, not long after that, he felt like someone is pulling his toe.. he thought that maybe just his imagination, so he ignored it.. however, the grip on his toe became stronger.. and he heard something like this.. "abang... abang.. nak kuih.. nak kuih.." (the translation is: brother. brother. give me food..give me food). he was shivering like hell when he heard that.. however, he gathered all his courage to open his eye to see what was bothering him.. there it is, a small boyish figure, black, with 2 white potruding eyes.. looking at him.. he was so scared at the sight and hid his face under his pillow.. after a while, the 'hungry ghost' left him and maybe searching for another victim.. starting from that time, the story of the hungry ghost asking for food from the students became widespread in our school as there are quite a number of students experienced it..

so for those who is going to my ex-hostel.. beware.. you might be the next target..:s

Babii-Boo
April 29, 2007, 10:26 AM
amar_kun, when did your senior told you that story? O.o And how old was he then?

Ack.. that's... freaky. Thankfully I don't go to a boarding school, otherwise I'll be scaring myself to death at night.

amar_kun
April 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
amar_kun, when did your senior told you that story? O.o And how old was he then?

Ack.. that's... freaky. Thankfully I don't go to a boarding school, otherwise I'll be scaring myself to death at night.

my senior told me the story on my first night at school. He is 17 and sitting for his SPM (equivalent to O-Level) that year.

By the way, there was 1 funny story about this. After listened the story, he told us how to avoid the attack from this hungry ghost... PREPARE HIM FOOD! the told us to put a pack of biscuits, 1 can of coke and 1 bowl of 'maggi' mee (it is a type of instant noodle) and put it in front of our dorm door at 12 am.

the next day.. we did according to what we had been told.. about a few minutes we heard some weird sound in front of our door.. and suddently we heard "OUCH!! PANASNYE!!" (which means : ouch!! So Hot!!)

haha.. it seems that it was our senior, the one who told us the ghost story and one of his friend caught red handed while eating the food for the ghost!! lol! it seems that they are manipulating the ghost story to fill their own stomach..however the soup for the instant noodle was too hot and burnt his tounge.. heh, serve him right!!

however we still pass this story to the freshies so that we can get free food in front of their dorm's door.. lol!:D:D:D

Azurel
April 30, 2007, 06:37 AM
aww, poor lil boy.. he's just hungry, all he wants is food.. not like he's trying to hurt anybody :amuse he kinda remind me of ichi's naughty ghost boys :XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 30, 2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, amar. That's just like the two boys in my flat. They somehow only woke up my friend, who regularly stay at my place, maybe it's because he usually goes to my place bringing food and snacks. But the strange thing is, while i'm writing this post, i feel something is watching me in the back, and there's no one else here but me. And there i go, turning my head for the third time. I better stop visiting this thread. :D

MadDog
April 30, 2007, 10:26 PM
Amar, good story. I'm kind of freaked out by it. I might have to sleep with shoes on to keep the ghost from pulling my toes (and to chase after him if he tries to steal my food!) :XD

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 11:53 PM
Amar, good story. I'm kind of freaked out by it. I might have to sleep with shoes on to keep the ghost from pulling my toes (and to chase after him if he tries to steal my food!) :XD

hmm.. wearing my shoes when i go to bed.. i wonder why i didnt came up with that brilliant idea when i was in the hostel.:eyeroll:eyeroll

however, now i'm afraid that instead of pulling my toe, the hungry ghost pulls my shoes, steals it and sells it on ebay!:gigglebunny

Azurel
May 01, 2007, 12:47 AM
even ghost goes high tech nowdays eh.. :XD

MadDog
May 01, 2007, 08:12 PM
however, now i'm afraid that instead of pulling my toe, the hungry ghost pulls my shoes, steals it and sells it on ebay!

That could happen, but I'm guessing the ghost has a very poor user feedback rating. :)

even ghost goes high tech nowdays eh.. :XD

That's hilarious. (I was thinking the same thing) :XD

amar_kun
May 06, 2007, 11:42 AM
it seems that we kinda went off topic here.. this thread should be spooky and scary, not to be funny, :XD

who else wanna share their frightening experience with the supernatural world?
[hr]
i wrote my story of eating deer in the other thread and it lead me to a kinda scary story (which is off topic over there but it is the right topic in here)

so i will copy and paste the story here.

i've eaten deer before.. it was deer curry.. however i didnt realize that it is deer until my aunt told me it is.. i thought it is just beef coz the look the same..

actually deer is an endangered speacies in Malaysia. anyone who sell deer will be charged and put into jail. i can eat deer because my uncle and his friend went to haunting at nearby forest and they shot one. of course the government dunno about this :D

there are a lot of scary stories about haunting... my uncle had experienced it himself.. one they, he went to haunting with a group of his frens.. then one of them saw a 'deer'... so they shot it.. when they go to see it, it was one of their own friend!! wa.. scariiiieee.......

about my uncle's friend's jacket, i am not too sure about the colour.. i totally forgot to ask him about it.. but the one who shot him did really saw a 'deer' instead of his own friend.. i dunno.. the malay people believe that mouse-deer, deer, tiger, all those animal in the jungle, they have their owners.. it kinda we human have our own pet.. we have cat, dogs, fish as our pet.. but those wild animal in the jungle also have their guardian.. so when you kill their pet, those guardian get kinda angry.. so they put a curse so that make you see ur own friend as ur own target and make you shoot at him.. i've heard this kind of stories several time from diff people.. it's kinda freaky.. :s:s

Azurel
May 07, 2007, 06:38 AM
ahh, a lot of things can happen in a forest ^^ that's why guys can't just pee on any tree :XD

amar_kun
May 07, 2007, 07:05 AM
so where should we answer the nature's call in the forest then? any public toilet there? :XD

Azurel
May 07, 2007, 08:17 AM
you should dig a hole and then pee! or at least use a bush that doesn't seem to have any 'guardians' (ghost etc) hanging ard.. :amuse

amar_kun
May 07, 2007, 09:06 AM
hmmm... interesting suggestion... it is from personal experience? :P

Azurel
May 07, 2007, 10:12 AM
nah, i onli spent a few hours in a forest before heading back to the dorm :amuse

amar_kun
May 07, 2007, 10:15 AM
oh.. you lived in a dorm? when was it? is it during your secondary school or during university? do you got any ghost there?? people said there are lots of ghost at the girl's dormitory...

Azurel
May 07, 2007, 10:41 AM
ohhhh now that you mention it.. i just remembered.. the dorm I was talkin abt is this long house dormitory with 4 rooms and a common corridor and i don't live in a dorm.

it was abt last year, me and some friends went on a trip organized by the school to Kuala Tahan to stay at the isolated dorm of the resort there. we went to hike at Taman Negara, crawl around in some caves, river rafting the usual outdoor nature stuff.

on the first night, there were 4 girls including me in the room, and there were 4 bunk beds (there were suppose to be 4 other girls but they crash with their friends in the other rooms) initially, I was thinking of sleeping at the top because there was 8 of us but after climbing up and realized that it's really unstable and every move i make since to shake both the top and bottom bunk so all of us took the bottom bed.

we were playing cards at first but we were soon tired and wanted to sleep. the other ppl were still awake and making noises and as it grew late, they gradually grew quiet.. I was finding it hard to sleep because of the noises, so I have been tossing and turning. when it was finally quiet and I tot I fall asleep but some of them started running around in the corridor and slamming the door shut so many times it almost drives me nuts.

it grew silent again but then I heard loud heavy footsteps again and i was tempted to go out and scream at them to stop acting like kids. but as I listen harder, the sound didn't seem to becoming from outside. it went on for a long time and i realize the sound was actually inside the room, in the middle of it to be exact. i turned around to face the room but i didn't really see anything though it was dark. the footsteps were different from the previous ones, when they were running outside, it sounded light and has that skidding sound. but this footsteps were heavy and went boom, boom, boom. plus, it sounded like it was coming from above. which is really weird because the dormitory is a single storey meaning there should be nothing up there but the roof.

it was 3am and i was still awake because of the noises so in the end, i decided to plug in my mp3 and fall asleep soon after. the next day, i asked my friends if they heard any strange noises. they told me they were actually awake but didn't dare to say anything (i tot they had all fallen asleep) and they agreed that the were sounds of footsteps coming from somewhere in the middle of the room. (the bunk beds were at each corner of the room)

amar_kun
May 07, 2007, 10:45 AM
:s:s owh man.. that must be very frightening.. footsteps in the room but nothing to see..

i've never been into deep forest like 'taman negara' before.. all i've been were just recrational park which is for tourist and campers.. since there's too many people, the ghost was afraid and decided to find quieter place, like "taman negara" :amuse:amuse

(taman negara means national park. malaysian's taman negara is the oldest rainforest in the world.. ;))

duchess of dork
November 27, 2009, 10:28 AM
why is this thread inactive???i think this is a very good thread. i trust everyone has something scary to tell..:oh

mine happened at times during the span of my work as part time sales clerk/trainee at a chemical distributing corporation while studying.

the main building where i was assigned has its entire 2nd floor serving as a stock area, and the only functional toilet for employees is located at the 3rd floor. the elevator is only used to transfer stocks to and from the ground floor, and one has no choice but to use the stairs, which more than often, causes us to pause from climbing midway out of exhaustion.

one particular day, i rushed upstairs on an urge to pass water, and as i climb upstairs passing nearby the dingy entrance to the stock area, i thought i heard a little girl's giggle and told my seniors about it. my seniors looked at one another silently.

weeks before that happened, the secretary asked me if i slammed the door to the office after handing over some documents. i denied it since i wasnt near enough to even touch it; i used the teller's window to hand those documents in. everyone of the employees heard it except me..

how is this eerie?this corporation, officially a 'group of companies,' was a limited partnership merger of a prominent chinese clan'scompanies, after this clan's most distinguished couple and one of their kids was murdered in their own home more than 3 years ago. this particular building was solely this murdered couple's property, where they frequent, but since the merger, this was occupied by the administrator judicially challenged by the murdered couple's biological firstborn. the administrator is accused of involvement in the murder case. Malice, murder and haunted-- theyre creepier irl than in movies, trust me.

its eerie alright, but i still dont believe that the dead are capable of going after the living...theyre are already dead, as the word implies:eyeroll

tivaro27
January 03, 2010, 03:01 AM
While still in college, I lived in a dorm. Actually, this story is not my experience but my roommate who experience it. And this was his story:
My friend Hamdi very timid, so often disturb the same in the other dorm friends. So one day Irsan (friend of my dorm one, too), wants to disrupt the Hamdi by pretending to be "pocong" (a kind of ghost in my place). so that night he stood on the landing (I and Hamdi was in the dorm level 2), Hamdi at night often come downstairs to pee (toilets in the basement). so when he fall down to basement he see Irsan who disguised as "pocong" and he suddenly shouted very loudly and ran back into the room, after Hamdi run, Irsan laughed and looked up, At there he saw something horrible and he ran after Hamdi. The next day they were pale and frightened, strangely at that night we were all unconscious. so what exactly are they viewed?

destiny4ever
July 27, 2010, 05:54 PM
This thread reminds me of a TV show I used to watch when I was younger. The show was called “Are you Afraid of The Dark?” It was a show based on a group of kids called "The Midnight Society". Members meet in a location in the woods and take turns telling their own spooky tales. "

"We're called The Midnight Society. Seperately, we're very different. We like different things, we go to different schools, and we have different friends. But one thing draws us together: the dark! Each day, we gather around this fire to share our fears and our strange and scary tales. It's what got us together, and it's what keeps bringing us back. This is a warning to all who join us: you're going to leave the comfort of the light and step into the world of the supernatural."

Here’s a true story told by someone named Alicia, I found it on a site and I was pretty spooked after I read it.

My friend and I were babysitting and we started getting spooked, so we put the two kids to bed and started watching TV. I got up to get a drink and noticed that there was a thing that looked like a clown sitting in the dining room chair. I told my friend and we called the owner of the house. What she told us scared the heck out of us! She said to get out of the house IMMEDIATELY. When we asked why, she told us that her neighbor was a deranged midget and sometimes he would dress up like a clown and break into their house. He has threatened them before but they thought he was just kidding. We got the kids and called the police. Everybody is safe and he is now in a mental institution. We later gave up our babysitting job…

I’m not very fond of clowns and after reading that story…well, let’s just say I won't be warming up to clowns any time soon.

Crude
March 17, 2013, 11:40 PM
I've been meaning to create this thread for a while, but somehow I keep forgetting to. Anyway, this is thread in which we can all share ghost stories, be them about actual ghosts or just plain old creepy and disturbing tales (creepypastas are welcome too!). I may be a scaredy cat when it comes to playing horror games such as Silent Hill and the like (I mean even RE4 is pretty damn creepy), I do love me a good ghost story. A lot of the time I find myself unfazed by horror films, finding written and oral tales a whole lot creepier. So yeah, here we can share some of the scariest stories we know (or perhaps that have actually happened to us *shudder*).

I'll start with one with one which I've heard a lot of people tell, in fact it even pops in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure of all things (as part of Part 4's plot actually). A lot of you have probably heard it already but here it goes:

The Licked Hand
"Once there was a nice old lady who had a lovely little dog. One day, the old lady heard on the radio that a crazy murderer had escaped from jail and that she should lock all her doors and windows. So she locked every door and window in the house except one tiny one to let some air in. She thought that a murderer would never get in through there.

So that night she went to bed as usual. She knew everything was okay because when she put down her hand the dog licked it. But later in the night she heard a drip, drip, drip. She put her hand down and the dog licked it and everything was okay, so she went downstairs to check out the tap. But the tap wasn't dripping. So she went to bed again. And everything was okay. She woke up again later in the night, though, so she thought the dripping sound must be coming from the shower. She went into the bathroom, and there was her dog, dead, hanging in the shower, dripping with blood, all its intestines hanging out. Written on the mirror was: "Humans can lick, too!" And behind her in the mirror, she saw the murderer."

There are many variations of this tale, but the one above is the version I've heard the most. I wonder about the origins of this story, I mean for a long time I though it was a regional or national story but apparently it's told world wide. Here's the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Licked_Hand) about it by the way.

Here's another that's pretty popular. This story was actually in my English textbook and we did a reading of it in class one time. The version in my textbook was set somewhere in Asia, and after doing some research it seems that this is a local Singaporean ghost story. The variant here isn't exactly the one I first heard but here it is:

The Taxi Driver
"There was once a taxi driver. He was driving home late one night, after a long day of working and taking people here and there, he didn't have the energy to really pay attention. He turned onto a road which led to his house, when he saw a girl by the side of the road, she looked like she was waiting for someone. She was wearing a blue dress, a very fancy one that you would probably use for a high-school prom or something, like I said, he wasn't paying attention, but he didn't have the stone-heart to just leave her there, all alone in the night.

He drove up the girl's side and asked her if she needed a ride, the girl nodded and got in the passenger's side of the car. The taxi driver drove along the road, hearing the girl's instructions on how to get to her house. Now, this part of the story might sound completely unbelievable but this is how I was told: the taxi-driver lives in this forest-like area, where there a lot of trees and plant-life, and at the moment he was passing the low part of the forest (or whatever) which means that if you were standing in the forest, you would have to climb upward if you wanted to get to the road, like on a hill. The man was not prepared for this next thing to happen, the passenger's car door was suddenly thrown open and the girl whom the man picked up flew out of the car and into the low part of the forest, the strange part was that he didn't hear the thumping noises from which should have been heard from such violent landing.

He stopped the car, ran out but no matter how long and how hard he looked, he couldn't find the body of the girl he had picked up. The taxi-driver gave up, and just went home, but questions were burning him inside, so first thing the next morning, he followed the directions the girl had given him and arrived to a house. He knocked, asked if any girl by the name of (whatever, I don't know her name), the bad thing was that the people said that the girl had died several years ago. When he asked them how, they said that she had been at a party, when time to leave, she left with her friend because she didn't have a ride. Half-way, when she was about to get home, the passenger's side door flew open and the girl slipped out of the vehicle due to the high velocity and speed at which her drunk friend was driving at, she rolled off the road and into the huge forest trench, a knock on the head from a large tree trunk caused her death several hours later.

Her spirit just reenacts her death, with anyone her has the heart to give her a ride..."

Now it's you guys' turn to share. If anyone has any creepy stories about Black Dogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)) in particular, I would love to read one. I've always found that particular ghost to be immensely creepy :D

Naomidee
March 21, 2013, 11:31 AM
This is true and happened to me personally. It's not the same as the scary stories told by CrudeCross, but it definitely has a creep factor to it.

When I was 17 (may have been 18?) and very bored with the usual Friday night partying, I decided to do something a little different with my friends. There was a rumor that a nearby railroad track, called the Mary Town Tracks, was haunted by some children that died there many years ago. It was a favorite suburban legend for the high schoolers to claim that if you go out to the deserted tracks after dark, put some baby powder on your back windshield, and stall on the tracks that the ghosts of the dead children would place their hands on the back window and you could see their hand prints in the white powder.

I told my friends that we should try it to prove that the rumors were all stupid and fake, and some of them agreed that it was an interesting idea. So Friday night, we poured the powder on the back window of my friend's car and stayed on the Mary Town Tracks at midnight. After a few very tense minutes, nothing happened. So we decided it was a all a myth and started to back out to leave.

Unfortunately, my friend Azia, the driver, backed into a ditch and couldn't pull out. We were stuck in the middle of no where in the middle of the night. A few guys and I got out into the swampy water ditch and tried pushing with everything we had while Azia revved the gas to try and get out. After making no progress, we all got out and waited for someone to pass.

Eventually, a man driving a pick-up truck saw us and came back with a rope and pulled up out of the ditch. We thanked him and then left to go back into town.

But after the man left, I turned and looked at the back window of the car, horrified. "You guys? There are hand prints on the window..." Some were clear, some were dragging down through the powder. Of course, we all knew that they were OUR hand marks from when we were trying to push the car out...

Or were they?

Creepyyyyyyyy! XD

Needless to say the first thing we did was go straight to the car wash station and rinse that shit off.

The end!

Charlie
March 28, 2013, 09:49 AM
Everyone - has heard about bad luck associated with seeing a black cat, I'm sure.
I see one or two once in a while and I can't help but think of that superstition.
Happens all the time when I see one, although its not something I believe or adhere to . ^_^

Adorien
April 02, 2013, 02:59 PM
We have this equivalent of the Bloody Mary story, I'm not sure if it's ours though. It's just really popularyand it sounds like the Bloody Mary story. You gather with people in a circle, hold hands, close your eyes and start calling for the Queen of Spades. You also have to draw a red circle on a mirror, in a dark room, and the person there has to be alone. You then proceed calling for the Queen of Spades. Supposedly, she comes out of the mirror and takes your head off. Of course it varies, but that's the basic idea.

There were many stories like that from my childhood, like the blood stain that appears on the wall, indicating that you will die soon, and some stories that were made up by the kids or their parents. I never believed in those though. xD

TheMoa
April 03, 2013, 11:05 PM
I really don't believe this kind of thing, I think it's always the mind playing tricks on people
That being said, I have my own story :D

When I was 16 I had this basketball trip and my team would be playing in another town the whole weekend. We were sleeping in the school where the tournement was being held. A friend of mine had family in town, so after friday's game we decided to sneak out and he called his cousin to pick us up.
We went to his family country house where a soft party was going, nothing too crazy since his cousins parents lived there. He and his family lived on the main house but after the party, around 1 am, we were returning some stuff to the pool house. The pool house was very big itself, with 2 floors, but it was always locked up because the main house was even bigger and there was no need to use both houses.
The trick is, a old caretaker used to live there, but he died 3 years before from a blood clot or something like that.
So I was taking a piss in the bathroom when I heard a BANG, a broken glass noise and screams coming after. I ran at the screams direction and 3 of my teammates were veeery pale, they were screaming like madmen and running off the house. One of the guys swear that he saw the old caretaker, he was with a small cut on his arm, the other 2 said that they felt something strange. They said that the caretaker hit the window, broke the window and showed up behind them

O obviously went to the room with this guy cousin to see what happened. The window was opened and the mirror was broken on the floor. But when I looked at it, the window lock was defective and there was a old shirt hanging on a coat hanger on the corner of the room. Off course the wind opened the window that had a malfunctioning lock, the window hit the mirror and one of the guys saw the shadow of the shirt and got scared shitless and screamed, the others followed. The sidebar of the door had a little edgy point and one of them got cut while running.
I tried to explain everything to them but they weren't having none of it, they were really scared and didn't sleep a thing that night. On the saturday's games they played like shit, that was really hard to win both games. Even today 2 of them swear that something was wrong in that room that day, while the other agree that he just got scared.

It really happened and for me it only proves that scared people can see strange things.
I hope that the story is understandable... I wrote it but lost everything when I hit f5 by accident, then I wrote everything again in a hurry.