PDA

View Full Version : Predictions How Can Brook Die?

Highseas7
February 21, 2008, 09:43 PM
hey man i love brooke his style his moves and the fact that he is a skeleton his whole charater is fresh and very original but im a bit confused how can he die? i mean when does he die or is it just that if he breaks into pieces bone from bone can he still live or not?

igotthegoods
February 21, 2008, 11:27 PM
good question. maybe he would die if his skull was separated from the rest of his body? but then again, he can open it up and store things in there. hmmm, i don't really know. and what would happen if he would fall into the ocean? i know he can run on top of the water, but if he were to be forced in, would he drown? maybe the sea would inactivate his df? :headscratch

Ayle
February 22, 2008, 01:53 AM
he would be dead in underwater since is undead at the moment.

Razh
February 22, 2008, 09:23 AM
I don't think so. He doesn't have neither lungs nor inner ear. If he goes deep enough pressure will crush him.
The only way he will die is if his body is completely destroyed I think.

Highseas7
February 22, 2008, 10:53 AM
well mi mean of course he would die if he was competely destroyed but im wonderin wjat kind of quick death could he suffer at all and how long is he going to live?

Dice
February 22, 2008, 11:24 AM
I guess if he's in the water he will be dead since his devilfruit loses temporary it's power. But if he is pulled out of the water then there's a possiblity that he will be alive again XD. Somehow I got the feeling that me might see this possibillity in the future XD

noonethere
February 22, 2008, 11:38 AM
maybe the sea would inactivate his df? :headscratch

During the Arlong park arc, Luffy's body remained rubbery despite the fact that he was underwater, so i think Brooke will just lose consciousness when underwater.
I think only df abilities that can be consciously activated(eg logia powers,zoan powers) can be inactivated.Anyway,Brooke's df ability was activated only when he died for the first time and lasted till his spirit got back into his body,so even if Blackbeard catches him, I don't think Brooke will die.:s

Back on topic,I think people like Mihawk, Shank and Zorro can kill him. Zorro can feel the life in objects and living things and he used this feeling to cut metal and so he can kill Brooke if he used this technique.

Imitorar
February 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
I think that if Brook was demolished, it would be like when Barry the Chopper was torn up in Fullmetal Alchemist. Just like Barry was a soul possessing a heap of scrap metal, Brook would be a soul possessing a bunch of bone fragments. Also, Luffy still being rubber when underwater in the Arlong arc was a bit of an exception. His body's structure has been permanently changed, he just can't use it. He can't stretch, but he can be stretched. Brook, I think, is being tethered to life by his Devil Fruit, and the water would break that anchor. However, once he was out of the water, his soul could repossess his body and he'd come back to life.

As to how long he will live... I wonder if the Yomi Yomi no Mi (I need a good English name for that fruit) can be used multiple times. As in, if Brook is immortal. He did say in chapter 488 that he'd never died before, implying that it can be used multiple times. But unless someone kills him again, I don't think we'll find out. I do remember him saying something about coming to the end of his second life, though. And since Brook came back to life with a skeleton, instead of a full body, I don't think he can be killed, because his organs won't wear out or anything, because he doesn't have any. And it seems that his bones will last forever if he has enough milk. Unless the Yomi Yomi no Mi only provides you with another lifespan equal to your old one (your natural lifespan, not how long you lived), in which case Brook will die again, say, 90 years after he came back to life (it's been 47 so far). If it just brings you back to life permanently, and you won't die again except through old age, illness, a wound, or something like that, then it would seem that Brook is immortal, since those things can't affect a skeleton.

Astral_Shive
February 22, 2008, 02:11 PM
Brook doesn't have a hearth oooo !! skull joke skul joke

There are some methods to kill Brook:

- getting him exusted is one
- throwing him to see?? no clue.............
-making him eat another devil fruit (blueno told us before when another user eat fruit he will explode..........
-Impel Down - we see what is happening to Ace........
-Using Seastone , that will make Brook all sissy so we can kill him ......hahaha he is already dead....skull jokeeee......

so maybe one of those will kill him eventually...........

Dice
February 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
Now that I think about: Brook is kinda lucky that he hasn't a lactose incompatibility (or how it is called XD). But wait, actually it only affects the gastrointestinal tract. And he doesn't have one...but he's still lucky XDD

Inkovic
February 23, 2008, 10:38 PM
He can drown because he can't swim

kazuma_uzumaki
February 23, 2008, 11:43 PM
From what i remember real sewater doesnt exactly make you lose your power... it just makes you unable to swim....

i think he would die if his bones physically were like smashed

Wale
February 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
i think he would die if his bones physically were like smashed

Exactly that's what a wanted to write now. :D

santa
July 22, 2008, 05:37 AM
*butts in*
I have another question: How can he eat (and poop:blink)? Where does the food go anyway?

Akainu
July 22, 2008, 06:40 AM
he chews it, swallows it, it lands on his pelvis and from there he poops I'd imagine.
I just wonder right now, where exactly he is able to absorb the nutrients like calcium he needs to rebuild his bone structure <.<

LoS
July 22, 2008, 07:20 AM
Guys this is a cartoon, anything is possible. Just think of anyway a bone can be damaged and there you go. Breaks, chips, grinds, melting...

ZeroChrome
July 22, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think we need to revive the "SBS-ing Oda Project" thread back and ask him directly T_T

Other than throw him into the sea or smash him to pulp, I guess just chop off his head will do. noone can survive that :XD

Raysen_ht
July 22, 2008, 06:15 PM
Imo, he may take exactly the damage he would take if he had a regular body.... therefor, if someone, for example, shoots the place where his heart should be he will die

That is also why he can eat and poop... The DF he ate makes his "bone body" fuction as if all the real organs were there. The skelleton is just a visual effect, otherwhise, he wouldnt be able to see, talk, hear, think, move, etc...

ANBU4U
July 22, 2008, 06:54 PM
Well we know seawater wont kill him because of this: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/493/07/

As to how exactly he CAN die......I imagine he's effectively immortal so long as he isn't obliterated completely.

There are plenty of ways to make him effectively dead though I would imagine...think of Hidan from Naruto. Bury him, Sink him, scatter him the the four corners of the earth....

kkck
July 22, 2008, 10:29 PM
For what we have seen age certainly wont get to him considering he is at least 88 years old and he also have some sort of regeneration power when he drinks milk.
We also saw that ryuma fracture his head and yet brook did not die, he was simply really hurt.
Despite the fact that brook pops and has the ability to perform other bodily functions such as digesting food, he has no organs to perform these functions, which means that just piercing him of bullets wont have the effect they have on normal people.
Considering all of this things, I think the only way to kill brook is to cause a great amount overall damage to his body so that it stops working, not nesesarily pulverise it. Causing enough damage to his skull and his spine would do the trick to.

ZeroChrome
July 23, 2008, 01:48 AM
Imo, he may take exactly the damage he would take if he had a regular body.... therefor, if someone, for example, shoots the place where his heart should be he will die

Probably not, Raysen. His eye got stabbed here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/458/13/) but he still can see. so he's probably not really "human" imo

Raysen_ht
July 23, 2008, 06:25 AM
^ yeah ure right.... forgot about that.

than i can only imagine him beeing melted, or crushed, or having his soul removed by Sung Tsu (Mortal Kombat... hehehe)

kaizokumarcee
July 23, 2008, 06:28 AM
scatter him the the four corners of the earth....

Maybe that won't kill him but i would rather die than have my body (bones in Brooks case) scattered around the world and still live. :D

ANBU4U
July 23, 2008, 09:27 AM
Maybe that won't kill him but i would rather die than have my body (bones in Brooks case) scattered around the world and still live. :D

Thats the idea.

You may not be able to kill Brooke but you can easily get close enough.

bittman
July 27, 2008, 08:16 PM
He also breathes and gets fatigued though he has no muscles to fatigue. But since mortality is necessary to make it look like a being is defeatable:

* I don't think Brooke can regen using milk. Ussopp told him to stop joking, so I always took it as a joke.
* Bones heal much slower than muscles, skin, etc
* If Brooke's hair doesn't regrow, why would his bones? In this sense, Brooke's body is extremely fragile

In my opinion, breaking his body would break his spirit and kill him once more. I doubt that his fruit would work a second time, in fact I think it was implied it would not. Why else would he be more cowardly as a skeleton than he appeared in life?

Akainu
July 28, 2008, 01:43 AM
then why did they? at the end of TB Brook too looked beat but until "now" he regenerated the crack going right through his right eye and the missing tooth...
I'm sure its not all due to choppers miraculus panacea, the bandages.

but compare yourself:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/488/19/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/18/

Raysen_ht
July 28, 2008, 07:07 AM
Yes.... Akainu is right!! Brooke defenetly regen the bones

Rain_Reborn
July 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
how does he grow the bones? it must be the milk lol

Highseas7
July 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
if hes a skeleton i think he could take parts off like his head arms, etc. i think as long as his bones dont break or destroy they can heal and be fixed so his body could be separted and he can still live

Superman
July 30, 2008, 07:39 AM
When does a man die? When he is shot in the heart by a bullet? No. When he is ravaged by a disease? No. When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No. A man dies when he is forgotten!Wääähhhhh dammit that bastard.:crying:crying
:crying Dammit i dont cry you idiots~~~~~~~~~~
:grin :XD

Highseas where have you been:)?

BlackHair
July 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
When does a man die? When he is shot in the heart by a bullet? No. When he is ravaged by a disease? No. When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No. A man dies when he is forgotten!Wääähhhhh dammit that bastard.:crying:crying
:crying Dammit i dont cry you idiots~~~~~~~~~~
:grin :XD

good one lol.. :P

I will go with the old ways: breaking every bone, drown him in water etc

Superman
July 30, 2008, 08:24 AM
good one lol.. :P

I will go with the old ways: breaking every bone, drown him in water etc

Ehhh you make me flush:Haha:grin

Put him into a shredder and the job is done.
At least he cant move anymmore and milk wont help too much in such a situation right?!

Stop
July 31, 2008, 06:34 PM
I remember brooke saying I don't know how long I have left to live so I guess one day he might just die

OP ROX
July 31, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well i think the second time he goes into his body his new life begins so he gets an average persons life span once more... does anyone remeber how long it has been since his second life started

Wale
August 01, 2008, 04:03 AM
does anyone remeber how long it has been since his second life started

Brook lived 50 years in the Florian Triangle.. so i don't think that he has too much time left. :/

Akainu
August 01, 2008, 04:25 AM
I don't think that his fruit works like that. and even if his secnd life has some restraints ... there are people in the age of over 100 in OP so I wouldn't worry.

OP ROX
August 01, 2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think that his fruit works like that. and even if his secnd life has some restraints ... there are people in the age of over 100 in OP so I wouldn't worry.

whos over a 100 years old ... besides the Elbaf gaints since their life span is something like double or triple a Humans

ZeroChrome
August 01, 2008, 03:18 PM
Dr Kureha from Drum Island. she's 140 years old. see here. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/133/11/)

OP ROX
August 01, 2008, 04:51 PM
holy crap i missed that... didnt know she was 140 years old... so i guess if shes that old.. Brook still has atleast 50 years left to spend with Laboon

Highseas7
August 05, 2008, 12:25 PM
you know superman in the clouds chillin lol but i agree that one day will die by regular standards or just cause his bones will wither away so he could die in the next couple years or the next couple of decades its all up in the air

Darek Khort
August 06, 2008, 12:01 AM
Brooke will die if he is kept underwater forever or is sealed tightly with keroseki (or whatever).
Why? Cause his soul would leave his 'body'. The only way his soul would return to his body is if he is not underwater/etc.

Thus you'd have to keep him forever underwater for him to die. That's the way I see it. Of course he could literally be useless if his bones were all crushed since he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Stop
August 06, 2008, 02:49 AM
Brooke will die if he is kept underwater forever or is sealed tightly with keroseki (or whatever).
Why? Cause his soul would leave his 'body'. The only way his soul would return to his body is if he is not underwater/etc.

Thus you'd have to keep him forever underwater for him to die. That's the way I see it. Of course he could literally be useless if his bones were all crushed since he wouldn't be able to do anything.

I don't think thats right the power of the fruit was to bring you back to life but if the power was to attach his soul to a body then it would always be in use then being under water would make his soul go away but his df power was already used up so its not the df thats keeping him alive its something else

kkck
August 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
Maybe artritis could kill him lol.
Brook has said he can perform many bodily functions even though he does not have organs. Maybe sofocating him is enough.

Bugzee
November 08, 2009, 07:03 PM
I love Brooke, but sorry for these thoughts pal lol:

- Drown him underwater (obvious one)
- Shatter every bone including his skull
- I wonder whether Law's DF ability would have an effect on Brooke?
- Cut by Hawks?
- Snap his spine? like Robin did to Spandem (even though he managed to survive by OP miracle lol)

Jiggy-Ninja
November 10, 2009, 07:52 PM
As to how long he will live... I wonder if the Yomi Yomi no Mi (I need a good English name for that fruit) can be used multiple times. As in, if Brook is immortal. He did say in chapter 488 that he'd never died before, implying that it can be used multiple times. But unless someone kills him again, I don't think we'll find out. I do remember him saying something about coming to the end of his second life, though. And since Brook came back to life with a skeleton, instead of a full body, I don't think he can be killed, because his organs won't wear out or anything, because he doesn't have any. And it seems that his bones will last forever if he has enough milk. Unless the Yomi Yomi no Mi only provides you with another lifespan equal to your old one (your natural lifespan, not how long you lived), in which case Brook will die again, say, 90 years after he came back to life (it's been 47 so far). If it just brings you back to life permanently, and you won't die again except through old age, illness, a wound, or something like that, then it would seem that Brook is immortal, since those things can't affect a skeleton.
It only works once.

In the Japanese manga, Brook describes the power of the Yomi Yomi no Mi like this: 二度の人生を約束される。 (Nido no jinsei wo yakusokusareru.) Literally, this means something like "To be promised a second life."

Brook does seem a hell of a lot more resilient than a normal person. He was stabbed right through the skull by Ryuuma and didn't really seem that injured by it overall.

It's likely that Brrok can die of old age, since it's only a "second" life, not infinite life. And smashing him to pieces would probably work.
[hr]

Dr Kureha from Drum Island. she's 140 years old. see here. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/133/11/)
She's 139, still in her young, young 130s. :p

Brook has said he can perform many bodily functions even though he does not have organs. Maybe sofocating him is enough.
Arthritis is a disease that affects the ligaments in your joints, I think. Brook has no connective tissue (or any body tissue at all for that matter), and can't get arthritis because of that.
[hr]

She's 139, still in her young, young 130s. :p

Arthritis is a disease that affects the ligaments in your joints, I think. Brook has no connective tissue (or any body tissue at all for that matter), and can't get arthritis because of that.

imudkip
November 22, 2009, 08:54 AM
He can't die. He has plot armor.

Ilesyt
November 30, 2009, 06:13 PM
He can't die. He has plot armor.

you're wrong, he already died once :p

And one way to kill is : take away his milk!

frontaLobotomy
December 16, 2009, 04:16 PM
Surely if he got too close to Teach, his Yami Yami No Mi powers could kill him - or at least seperate his soul from his body.

LeKuaSimi
January 08, 2010, 04:02 AM
There is probably a limit to his regeneration, just as how he could not regenerate the scar from Ryumma. If you cut off his arm, he is likely to never regenerate it back. Also, Ryumma said he did not want to kill Brook as he would die too if Brook dies. That means, Brook can die due to being cut.

If you cut off his stomatch area, Brook will also be unable to regenerate.

OunknownO
January 08, 2010, 05:39 AM
Surely if he got too close to Teach, his Yami Yami No Mi powers could kill him - or at least seperate his soul from his body.

The yami yami no mi has done it's job(returned him to life), it can do that just once... So yami yami no mi isn't in effect anymore(only that he is weakend by the sea and sea stone)...

And the sea nullify devil fruit powers and we have seen a couple of times when he fell in the water, when they pulled him out it was nothing wrong with him

Bugzee
January 08, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Satan-san :XD clearly has a *bone* regeneration limit - it was clear in the fight against Ryumma! LOL :amuse taking away his daily cosumption of milk will probably cause decay in his bones *via the teeth down LOL :XD* and make them even more fragile.....so anyone can make them shatter :eek

Tbh though, if he did die in OP..I can only see him dying naturally..thus the cause being his DF ability, purpose and limit...:scry but I hope he doesn't :shakefist

beastboy
January 08, 2010, 04:19 PM
Brook will die.. but he is already death.. skull joke!!

And brook can't die..

I imagine Brooke being 1000 years old, reading a diary to kids in some school.. in the last chapter.. and saying.. THE END!!

LeKuaSimi
January 09, 2010, 02:35 AM
if so he would have defeated ryumma long ago.

Jiggy-Ninja
January 13, 2010, 04:10 PM
And the sea nullify devil fruit powers and we have seen a couple of times when he fell in the water, when they pulled him out it was nothing wrong with him
The sea does not nullify Devil Fruit powers. We see this very clearly in the Arlong arc when Luffy is totally submerged and can still be stretched by Gen and Nojiko.

When a DF user falls into the water, they lose all their energy and basically pass out. That is all that happens.

ScratchmenApoo
January 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
^ They don't pass out, they just can't move their muscles on their own. DF users most likely die from drowning. DF users surely can hold their breath for 1-2 minutes before they get pulled out.

Since Brook's story showed that his DF allowed him to be a soul that could travel to find his own body, I think it will happen again when he dies, but this time he can't come back from 'heaven'. A simple way would be to crush his bones into powder.
Or when you shave his head and let him look in the mirror, he will die from shock and depression.

Bugzee
January 14, 2010, 06:42 PM
^ hahahah shaving his head you know and he'll die :XD

*:oh your probably right though!* Nice :Gaipose ScratchmenApoo!

'crush his bones into powder' :scry :scry

I guess the only way is to drown him...:s...I mean I can't imagine another DF (which exists) that could negate Brook's one. :XD

MihawkAce
January 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hes not Dead hes alive and he can die like anyother person by getting defeated in battle dicapetaded or if yuo take a sword and cut him in half he will die as if a normal person here cut in half he dies the same way as any other person

Foxdie
February 14, 2010, 10:03 AM
If he can't die, like some may said ..
then why he always trying to escape from facing enemies?

of course he will die, but I think Oda should think about what he has done to this poor guy ..

Fox666
February 14, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hes not Dead hes alive and he can die like anyother person by getting defeated in battle dicapetaded or if yuo take a sword and cut him in half he will die as if a normal person here cut in half he dies the same way as any other personIf he can open his skull, I guess decapitaded is not enough to kill him. Vaporizing him may do the job.

yoshikamaru
February 15, 2010, 01:38 PM
Brook will die.. but he is already death.. skull joke!!

And brook can't die..

I imagine Brooke being 1000 years old, reading a diary to kids in some school.. in the last chapter.. and saying.. THE END!!

Actually I was thinking about that too. If OP ends, Brook will be the last living crew member who shares the story about how Luffy became the pirate king to the new generations :)

And I agree with some people here: make him stay away from milk (that includes Nami and Robin :tem ), and then cut him to pieces :o