PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol 10 (Chap 75-82) Discussion

kaylee
February 22, 2008, 03:43 PM
Chapter 75 is out! Grab it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26231) and then come back and discuss! :amuse

Raijatsu
February 22, 2008, 04:49 PM
friggin awesome chapter.
it's a great prelude to erza's slave-past
plus the gambling part was great ^^

and the square guy and natsu's reaction.
this chapter was simply great

Mystic Moon
February 22, 2008, 09:51 PM
Funny square man XP

Erza's slave past was totally unexpected tho however. But wow, craziness is abt to begin in this new arc. Btw did Loki seem totally outa charactter in this chappie or whutt?

Damn their reactions were so boring >.> Cant wait to c the nxt chappie of FT ^^

Aphalite
February 22, 2008, 10:08 PM
That was probably why Erza learned Ex-Quip Magic instead of that of another variety. She probably did it spontaneously one day to avoid being beaten, and then after running away, Makalov found her and took her in. This arc will probably feature her doubting herself the whole time until either Natsu or Lucy talks sense into her or shows her they care with battling

Inkovic
February 23, 2008, 12:17 PM
I like how the crying scenes look like One Piece, which always has the funniest crying scenes XD

I think next chapter we'll get more Erza backstory as well as that weird guy proving to be way stronger than the weak opponent mages thus far in the series.

Mystic Moon
February 23, 2008, 02:58 PM
I like how the crying scenes look like One Piece, which always has the funniest crying scenes XD

I think next chapter we'll get more Erza backstory as well as that weird guy proving to be way stronger than the weak opponent mages thus far in the series.

O.o? Whut funny crying scenes?? We'll prob see the relation between those 2 bulky guys and tht Shou kid. They probably went way back since Erza's elslavement past thingy. Its prob 1) abt her doing sumthin bad in order to escape, 2) everyone was freed and erza had to do something abt it sho they gettin revenge or 3) they trying tuh get erza bak into enslavement or something like tht cuz shes a mage now or w/e

zzf
February 23, 2008, 11:34 PM
Is it rave drawer

Imitorar
February 24, 2008, 12:10 AM
Is it rave drawer
Yes, Fairy Tail is done by Hiro Mashima, the same mangaka who did Rave Master, if that's what you meant.

igotthegoods
February 25, 2008, 02:10 AM
Btw did Loki seem totally outa charactter in this chappie or whutt?

i thought quite the opposite. he's finally able to act like himself now that he's not always freaking out and running away from lucy. now he can hit on her all he wants :amuse

Katea
February 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
Erza also knows Sieglein very well, I wonder how or whether he is related to her past. that guy who dealed her the 'death' cards reminded me a bit of Sieglein at first...

Mystic Moon
February 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
Erza also knows Sieglein very well, I wonder how or whether he is related to her past. that guy who dealed her the 'death' cards reminded me a bit of Sieglein at first...

maybe theyre related or something god noes whut. Then theres the deal when erza got arrested after the deliora arc where she met sieglein again and hes telling her not to tell a certain secret of his. I wonder whut tht was.

Koen
February 29, 2008, 09:04 AM
Well chapter 76 is scanlated by binktopia and the current arc looks pretty cool

It seems jubei is gonna part of this group too :D

sahugani
February 29, 2008, 12:16 PM
Hey guys

While the RAW still isn't out yet for this chapter of Fairy Tail, a scan is and so we're creating this thread ahead of time so as not to deprive you of a place to discuss it. When the RAW does come out, we'll update this post with the link.

On to other matters. With the second chapter of this new arc it seems like the normally brave and strong Erza is haunted by ghosts of her past life before Fairy Tail. How can Natsu and the others compete with an enemy that has such a hold over the guild's strongest woman?

Koen
February 29, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well this one suprised me in a positive way but our FT members couldn't handle their opponents though that could prolly be because of they were suprised and couldn't know anything

Farfalla
February 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
why, everyweek, the raw has been so delayed? .-.

Saintz0r
February 29, 2008, 06:02 PM
Natsu was shot! Oo

For the next couple of chapters I believe they'll make a Rescue Team and Jubia might help too :P

I'm really curious 'bout Erza's past though

renrutal
February 29, 2008, 06:08 PM
Every week? The raw usually comes early, Tuesdays or Wednesdays at most. This one is the exception really.

Well, I don't really know when Fairy Tail's magazine is published, so I might be wrong.

Back to the topic:

Erza... fearful? :shocked:

Why did they give Lucy 5 minutes?

Farfalla
February 29, 2008, 07:01 PM
it's not an exception oo
these past 3 week was delayed oo (74, 75 e 76), always coming on friday oo

ikuroi
February 29, 2008, 08:23 PM
well the chinese-raw is out on ritual for dl

PlayerKill
March 03, 2008, 10:04 AM
Can some one give me a link to the scan please? Thank you.

Ju-da-su
March 04, 2008, 10:56 AM
Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/76/) is the scanlation. - -"

But anyone know by any chances whether the RAW will come out or not? Like, is it going to come out with ch.77 or not? Because for Fairy Tail, I don't read scanlations. I only read the RAW. - -"

Akatsuki_DraGoN_
March 05, 2008, 12:03 PM
http://mangashare.com/dl/Fairy_Tail_76/386/ direct download link..

Aphalite
March 05, 2008, 12:24 PM
aargh I knew it, freaking sieglein was with her when she was a slave kid

Katea
March 05, 2008, 04:20 PM
ehm I'm a bit confused right now, is FT coming out on wednesday or thursday of every week? or even friday?

Koen
March 05, 2008, 05:00 PM
aargh I knew it, freaking sieglein was with her when she was a slave kid

Yeah and was it also Sieglien sitting on that throne?

Aphalite
March 05, 2008, 05:31 PM
ehm I'm a bit confused right now, is FT coming out on wednesday or thursday of every week? or even friday?

The scanlated versions are usually out by the end of thursday, raws are usually leaked by wednesday

I dont think the guy sitting on the throne is seiglein, but I think its probably someone with relations to him, now that I think about it the flashback to childhood might not be him either, maybe he has a twin brother?

furato
March 07, 2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I don't think the throne guy is Sieglein as well... I mean... with Sieglein shown as one of the kids, we're lead to think that it's him on the throne, but the surprise might be that he's not. With his status as one of the Mage Council, does Sieglein need Erza's old nakama to bring her to him? If he wants, he could've taken her when she was brought to trial, when he showed up using his image body. No need to wait and send those four.

From the chinese scans of 77 as well as the School omake, Erza looks like she has it bad for Sieglein, doesn't she?

Pirulito
March 07, 2008, 06:23 PM
But there are something that Erza knews.
If Sieglein use your status as one of the Mage Council, maybe Erza could do something bad to him.

Acting that way is a prevention for Sieglein, i think.

But first, we´ll need a confirmation if was Sieglein in throne

Aphalite
March 07, 2008, 07:14 PM
Sieglein will probably have some sort of dragonslayer magic, maybe ice or electric or something.. I dunno, I do believe there's 7 types out there tho, so we already know fire and iron

But I hope he becomes one of the good guys after the inevitable fight between him and fairy tail

Edit: So after reading the scanlated version its obvious jeral and sieglein are the same person, but still, I feel like its a bit early for a direct confrontation between the establishment council and the rogue guild fairy tail

For example, One piece didn't have their open declaration of war until into the late 300s =/

sahugani
March 08, 2008, 02:37 AM
and then there were RAWs!

we once again have a released RAW for Fairy Tail and it can be found at the RTS HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27010)

The new arc surrounding Erza's past continues and from the looks of it we'll finally get some info on Sieglein. while she clearly views him as evil yet does not think the same of her former nakama, then what is the deal with Jeral? discuss

furato
March 08, 2008, 03:56 AM
The scanlation's also out at... that site.

Before a translation, I didn't think that the person on the throne is Sieglein, but now it's almost certain he is (unless he has a twin). Odd why he didn't just took Erza when she was put on trial, but the long-haired guy asked that too so there must be a reason for it.

In the School omake it seems hinted (comedically) that Erza likes Sieglein, and in this chapter, little Erza does seem to like Jeral, from her blushing. Guess we'll see how he became evil in the next chapter.

renrutal
March 10, 2008, 12:00 AM
Jubia/Lluvia-san saves the say! Too bad I didn't understand the body joke...

Natsu's Luffy mentality is awesome too.

Xenos
March 11, 2008, 08:06 PM
so... english scalation?

Aphalite
March 12, 2008, 09:48 PM
Cool, looks like erza is going to be getting into action sooner than I thought

renrutal
March 12, 2008, 10:18 PM
so... english scalation?

Not at MangaHelpers :) Try Franky House.

(only giving links is forbidden right? Or even mentioning them is too?)

Katea
March 13, 2008, 05:48 PM
so Sieglein is Jeral for sure?

Aphalite
March 13, 2008, 08:02 PM
Don't know yet, but Erza referred to Sieglein as Jeral in a flashback, it might be that Jeral has split and become two people but for now it seems as if they are the same person

fizban
March 14, 2008, 01:00 AM
So what person do you think Jeral plans to revive? The way Sho was freaking out like that leads me to believe it is that Dark Mage Zeref guy who was mentioned back during the... death flute thing arc. Reviving him would easily shake up the magic world in a way that Jeral would probably favor.

Koen
March 14, 2008, 03:51 AM
I really don't think Jeral is Sieglien but somehow Sieglien, Jeral and Erza have some bond together (maybe Jeral and Sieglien are a consequence of a magic jeral discovered). If you saw Siegliens latest reaction at that table it was like he was feeling unconformtable. The old mage saw that. But for what reason? I think for Erza. I don't think this is Siegliens plan, his plan will be bigger but there is certainly some relationship behind this

rkap
March 14, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'm slightly disappointed that this group's goal is just more of the same 'super villain wants to take over the world' thing... I dunno why, but I was kinda hoping for some more depth from these guys.

Farfalla
March 15, 2008, 05:29 PM
Although I agree with u, rkap, I think Mashima will show better why they are so mad. I also prefer villains who have a better purpose, but... with a good explanation, maybe gets better.
When I saw the chinese chapter, without the translation, I rly didn't wanna think what they would do with the little Erza XD Thought the worse...

renrutal
March 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
77 & 78 by Binktopia:

http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Fairy_Tail_77-78/469/

terrorei
March 15, 2008, 06:42 PM
WOW. Erza didn't wear any Pants under her dress... ^^

Koen
March 18, 2008, 03:43 AM
I'm slightly disappointed that this group's goal is just more of the same 'super villain wants to take over the world' thing... I dunno why, but I was kinda hoping for some more depth from these guys.

A villains goal is always world domination or human/world extinction...

It's as someone stated below you: let's just wait what the motives are and maybe our villains will have more depth.

IgnorantSage
March 18, 2008, 06:08 AM
For now, I think Jeral is not Sieg but there must be some relationship between the two.

The reason I believe so is because Erza calls Jeral (as) Jeral and Sieg (as) Sieg (I hope that made sense). Since Erza usually calls Sieg by his own name, if Jeral was Sieg then I see no reason why Erza wouldn't refer to Jeral as Sieg.

Mystic Moon
March 18, 2008, 07:08 PM
Maybe theyre twins or something like ying and yang??

Impel Down
March 20, 2008, 10:37 AM
That could be, but the whole "tattoo" thing would just be way too much of a coincidence, unless it's a birthmark or something. I mean, he was a slave, so I don't really know where he could get a tattoo from. And if they're brothers, wouldn't that mean that Seiglein was there too?

ON TOP OF ALL THAT: Seiglein also seems to "respect" the R System/Tower of Paradise, since he insisted on calling it the Tower of Paradise. What it could be, though, is that one of them is an imaginary body, like he made before. After all, he did use a fake body when at Erza's trial, so maybe the one at the meeting is fake.

Inkovic
March 21, 2008, 03:38 AM
Sieg and Jeral and one in the same with the exact same motives, except Sieg is meerly a shadow clone

kirimi
March 22, 2008, 11:51 PM
You know where to find your fix! Get the latest Fairy Tail scanlations here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=447&page=1&pp=30&threadprefix=Fairy+Tail&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1) (by Binktopia)!

After reading it, come right back and discuss them! You can also predict the next chapter here.

Saintz0r
March 23, 2008, 03:36 PM
Jubia ownz *-*
I think next chapter we will see Erza versus one of her former nakama and maybe Natsu e cia will find one of them too

niphredil
March 24, 2008, 09:03 AM
I also really want to know how Sieg and Jeral are connected. Obviously kid!Jeral and Sieg look alike, and now they seem to both be extremely powerful, but are they somehow the same person? Brothers/family? When we first got a glimpse of Jeral's appearance, I thought Sieg was putting up a front at the Council and just deceiving them whilst behind the scenes actually scheming as Jeral, but the more recent chapters make it look like they're actually separate people, at least for the time being. The only way I can see them being the "same" person (just in two different places at once ^^) is if somehow Etherion will benefit the ceremony in a way unknown to the Council. What do you guys think?

Personally I kinda hope Sieg is actually trying to destroy the Tower and stop Jeral, but that's just me ^^;

Aphalite
March 24, 2008, 10:37 AM
It might not be two places at once, remember we never saw a "meanwhile at the council", it could be that one scene is from one period and one scene is from sometime after that

Listic
March 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
It might not be two places at once, remember we never saw a "meanwhile at the council", it could be that one scene is from one period and one scene is from sometime after that

Well meanwhile means that it happens at the same time, simultaneously.

And i think and hopes, that Siglein wants to stop Jeral, it's makes it more hectic when they're 3 opponents. But i really can't figure out the astoning resemblences between the two.

niphredil
March 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Well meanwhile means that it happens at the same time, simultaneously.

And i think and hopes, that Siglein wants to stop Jeral, it's makes it more hectic when they're 3 opponents. But i really can't figure out the astoning resemblences between the two.

I agree with Listic here... and given that we already know child!Jeral and Sieg look alike, if they WERE the same person and NOT in two places at the same time, it seems pointless not to note if the Council scenes had happened at an earlier point. It would be pretty anti-climactic (and unnecessarily confusing) otherwise.

Definitely rooting for Sieg opposing Jeral. I wouldn't even mind the old 'evil twin brother!' deal. But then I'm easily pleased XD;

tobz
March 24, 2008, 04:10 PM
i wonder if we will see the hidden power of natsu that Erza has mentioned. my hope is that we will see it when he tries to save erza from jeral. but i finally want a really hard fight were natsu goes to his limited.

Aphalite
March 24, 2008, 11:18 PM
i wonder if we will see the hidden power of natsu that Erza has mentioned. my hope is that we will see it when he tries to save erza from jeral. but i finally want a really hard fight were natsu goes to his limited.

I'm pretty sure Erza was just noting the potential of natsu's growth, that he can grow to become stronger than erza, I think he was pretty much pushed to his current limit int he fight vs gazel

Listic
March 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with Aphalite, i think Natsu was pretty much at his current level vs. gazel. Though i think, as in many shonen mangas, he will go even further in the near future, so imo tobz's idea isn't that far off.

To the Sieg and Jeral thing, maybe the current Jeral we see is a part of Sieg's plot to do ??, wether Jeral is a image or something else, is unknown. But maybe this is part of some huge scheme planned by Sieg. Just guessing here, tossing some strange ideas :D.

Though i'm personally more in farvor of the Jeral and Sieg being different persons.

Erza the Titania
March 25, 2008, 05:27 PM
i also believe they are separate people, i think their secret lies in the tattoo, maybe a family crest???
jubia totally takes on the lead in the fights, she´s soo awesome, but still a bit crazy (the bubbles????)

Listic
March 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
i also believe they are separate people, i think their secret lies in the tattoo, maybe a family crest???
jubia totally takes on the lead in the fights, she´s soo awesome, but still a bit crazy (the bubbles????)

I was actually thinking of a family crest aswell, but we'll see.

Haha! she sure is crazy, and totally obsessed with Gray ;). But she has awesome magic really!.

OPNpwnz
March 27, 2008, 07:57 PM
i predict the whole chap will be a flashback =P

hatsuharupeace
March 28, 2008, 05:37 AM
The newest Fairy Tail chapter is out, grab it here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28196)

Discuss away, and be sure to make predictions about the next chapter!!!

(Can one of the mods sticky this? Thanks.)

Koen
March 28, 2008, 06:53 AM
Ah noooooo

After Loki it seems that erza has an unavoidable fate. Is she going to die?
Great to see jubia as part of the group

Saintz0r
March 28, 2008, 09:39 AM
I really hope Erza doesn't die, she's so cool o.o
Little Erza was awesome XD
Next chapter must be more flashbacks explaining how she got out and Jeral's 'turning to the dark side'

OPNpwnz
March 28, 2008, 07:00 PM
IF ERZA DIES I WILL STORM JAPAN AND RAMPAGE. I think that there will be some Erza/Natsu pwnage in this chap. Erza is awesome she cant die. She probably wont, cuz Natsu is gonna make sure she doesnt, like he did with Gray.

Pirulito
March 28, 2008, 09:35 PM
IF ERZA DIES I WILL STORM JAPAN AND RAMPAGE.

And I will go with you!

But I don´t believe in Erza´s death, of course. I don´t see any meanings to Erza dies early

Mystic Moon
March 29, 2008, 12:20 PM
What the hell does she mean shes gonna disappear?!!! Thats like totally unfair!! And who the hell is "that person" that theyre trying to reserrect?? The whole disappearing thing mite have something to do with the tower tho, who noezz.

kidwith69
March 30, 2008, 01:36 AM
Not Likely that Erza will disapear since She's one of the main character and fans will storm very angry letters at the Mangaka if they dared to kil her XD. But of Course Erza wont die Natsu will probably put his life out to protect her like he did to Gray and Lucy. :D

Mystic Moon
March 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
Most likely thts gona b the scenario. I wonder if theres gona b one where tht happens to Natsu and THEY will b the one to risk their lives to save him. It mite prob happen, but not till the 777 arc.

Btw, she mite b saying tht shes gona disappear cuz its got something tuh do with her old nakama and the tower and the basic "if they disappear, i will too" kinda thing, who noez until the next chapter anyways.

Koen
March 31, 2008, 11:25 AM
Not Likely that Erza will disapear since She's one of the main character and fans will storm very angry letters at the Mangaka if they dared to kil her XD. But of Course Erza wont die Natsu will probably put his life out to protect her like he did to Gray and Lucy. :D

Maybe erza is a result of reviving magic

maybe erza has been dead once?

tobz
March 31, 2008, 12:21 PM
well i think there will definitely be more explanation of Erzas past. after this arc i hope we will see natsu past! would be cool. and i hope erza wont die but i dont know he let gray live... and he was ready to offer himself.

Pirulito
March 31, 2008, 12:49 PM

Yeah!
I´m thinking about it right now.

It will be good even though repetitive. Not the part of "dead once" but the part of "disappear"

Mystic Moon
March 31, 2008, 04:46 PM

Yeah!
I´m thinking about it right now.

It will be good even though repetitive. Not the part of "dead once" but the part of "disappear"

Im thinking that too. Maybe she sed shes gona disappear cuz when the tower is gone, or whoever used the magic is gone, she'll disappear cuz it was the magic of the tower/person that kept her alive and if theyre gone she'll be too.

kat_at_heart
April 01, 2008, 07:56 AM
maybe she's saying this becase she thinks that she will die when taking jeral down.

Erza the Titania
April 02, 2008, 03:55 PM
And I will go with you!

But I don´t believe in Erza´s death, of course. I don´t see any meanings to Erza dies early

then we´re already three!!!

i also think that she might think she can´t beat jeral and stay alive at the same time, but i really, really hope she´ll manage it by herself and natsu may take out the rest, but he absolutely mustn´t beat up jeral, only sieglein may help her (i really want to know the connection between them)

sahugani
April 02, 2008, 04:11 PM
Huzzah!!! we have a RAW for the latest chapter of Fairy Tail and it can be found at the RTS HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28551)

we're finally getting some past from Erza and we see what seems to be the birth of her magic and the turning of Jeral to evil. take a read and come here to discuss the chapter and figure out what comes next

Saintz0r
April 02, 2008, 06:06 PM
Wow, nice chapter
Seems to me like Jeral became evil cause of that magic, right? Then there's hope for him becoming good again o.o
I think I said that in the other thread, but... Little Erza > all !
And the old man must be the reason that made Erza join FT :P
Looking forward for a trans

fizban
April 02, 2008, 06:35 PM
That's pretty neat. It is good that we see how magic first manifests itself in a person, since there are so many different types out there.

Pirulito
April 03, 2008, 08:48 AM
Serious, I still thinks Jeral and Sieglein are same person or something like that.

See:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/23/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/80/23/

Jeral and Sieglein are evil by Erza.
If they aren´t the same person, Erza will be in contradiction.. I guess

Anyway, lukewarm chapter but with nice scenes: old man and his fairy tail´s symbol, magic first manifests in Erza and Zeref´s return to plot

Koen
April 03, 2008, 09:12 AM
great chapter, I really was suprised the old man had the fairy tail symbol on him. I wonder if makarov knew the old man. Maybe he was previous leader and makarov was the one who succeeded him

anyway jeral is possessed by some dark magic, I can't say for sure that jeral and sieglien are one person but if so then he's using some great magical skills

Imitorar
April 03, 2008, 12:09 PM
I still maintain that Jeral and Sieglien have a "Kami-Piccolo" relationship. And I'm curious about Rob (the old man) having the Fairy Tail symbol on his back. I remember somebody mentioning that Makarov started Fairy Tail with a bunch of kids. Rob... was not a kid. And if he joined when he was, then... Natsu, Gray, Erza, etc. can't have been BORN when Fairy Tail was started. That will probably be explained when we get to the part of Erza's backstory that explains how she joined Fairy Tail, though.

Mystic Moon
April 03, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thats probably it, maybe Makarov started it in like his teens or something and that guy was one of the first FT members. And now we know who the R System was trying tuh revive ^^ ZEREF this is looking kewll

Oni Shinigami
April 04, 2008, 01:12 AM
Little Erza rocks.

Though im looking forward to more Natsu action.

BigCamaro
April 04, 2008, 09:56 PM
I still maintain that Jeral and Sieglien have a "Kami-Piccolo" relationship. And I'm curious about Rob (the old man) having the Fairy Tail symbol on his back. I remember somebody mentioning that Makarov started Fairy Tail with a bunch of kids. Rob... was not a kid. And if he joined when he was, then... Natsu, Gray, Erza, etc. can't have been BORN when Fairy Tail was started. That will probably be explained when we get to the part of Erza's backstory that explains how she joined Fairy Tail, though.

If Makarov started it with a bunch of kids and took their opinion on what the logo would be, could be that Ezra's based on the guy that gave his life so she could live won. But I think Rob being part of the founding is more likely.

and Jeral Sieglien being Piccolo Daimao to Kami seems likely. But the fact that Ez recognized him as evil in both versions makes me think their the same person. But why bomb the tower? Maybe its part of an ulterior plot and he can use the energy from the blast to bring Zeref back to life (though it seems zeref was fine staying a spirit 8 years ago).

anyway I'm loving the direction the series is going in. Seems to get better and better as it goes on.

bax
April 09, 2008, 09:52 AM
The 82nd chapter of Fairy Tail is here!! get it in the RTS thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989).

After reading, go ahead and talk about the chapter here. Also, please do predict what will be coming next :)

Pirulito
April 09, 2008, 10:36 PM
Gerard becomes insane.

And one more evidence of similarity among Gerard and Sieglein. Both have a kind of telecinesy magic.
See:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/46/10/

shirohama
April 10, 2008, 10:17 AM
And they have similar tattoos on their face...But Gerald going insane is to be expected from the last chapter though..

Saintz0r
April 10, 2008, 10:23 AM
While I liked the flashbacks I'm glad they're over :P
Now, some action coming ^^ ( hopefully )

kat_at_heart
April 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
i wander if we will find out any more about zeref in this ark, i mean all we know about him so far is that he/she is the most evil mage that has ever existed, i think that jeral is just from the same clan or tribe as Sieglein and every member is born with a powerful magic which is why zeref revealed itself to jeral

Mystic Moon
April 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
Whys it Gerad and not Jeral no more?? This was confusing but o wells, the story this week was kewl, too much tlking tho. Nd we got tuh c some serious magic action ^^

Pirulito
April 10, 2008, 07:55 PM
According to Carlos Net, Gerard is romanization from Jeraaru

Krisel
April 13, 2008, 04:02 PM
To tell the truth,its somewhat confusing.:notrust
Its hard to predict anything in the future,the only link between Jeral and Sieg are Erza's words:He(Sieg) is evil/Jeral is a synonym of evil.
Both Jeral and Sieg have mentioned the realization of a dream they got and not to forget what Sieg whispered to Erza.
http://http://http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/23/08/
Its the same what Jeral said to Erza in the last chap.
http://http://http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/82/16/
In other words Sieg and Jeral have to be the same person,for me thats most likely.

alexlw92
April 15, 2008, 05:26 AM
whats erzas relationship with sieglein?
thats what i wanna know...

Koen
April 15, 2008, 09:53 AM
If jeral = sieg then that would mean he has great magical skills. Since he's two places at the same time

kat_at_heart
April 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
if jeral and sieglein are the same person then why would erza call them by diffrent names i mean when she was arrested she called sieglein by this name and in the tower of paradise she calls jeral jeral so why would she change his name depending on were she is ?

Krisel
April 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
If jeral = sieg then that would mean he has great magical skills. Since he's two places at the same time
Indeed.Well actually,thats a given since Sieglein is one of the ten holy mages.
Man,just look at his self confidence,he is the real thing!;)
Even though Sieg and Jeral seem to be the same person,i have a feeling that there will a nice suprise in the future.(Sieg ordered the destruction of TP,Jeral wants to use the Tower...Bahhh so confusing:s)

bigtymer32
April 16, 2008, 08:24 PM
hopefully we finally see jeral vs erza :)

Koen
April 17, 2008, 02:36 AM
a question: is there gonna be a fairy tail this week? because it's already thursday

Pirulito
April 17, 2008, 08:15 AM
Chinese raw already released: http://www.ggyy8.com/Html/Y/yjdwb/2008-4/17/023840707.html

Succubus
April 17, 2008, 08:32 AM
erhm eng scan is out like 4 hours ago..

Franky House scanlations are not allowed to be posted on MangaHelpers. For the reason why, see this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23568).

Lixivium
April 17, 2008, 03:05 PM
Hi all, I've been doing English translations for Fairy Tail for the last few chapters.

About the names:

I translate from Chinese scans. My knowledge of Japanese is minimal and when it comes to names I generally defer to other translators, either CarlosNet or Binktopia.

If you see the names "Jeral", "Wolly", "Simon", and "Sho", those were my first attempts at romanization. For example, Jeral/Gerard's name in Japanese is "je-ra-a-ru". I thought about using "Gerald", but the lack of a "do" at the end made it seem odd (If it had been "je-ra-a-ru-DO" then it would have been easy). So I settled for "Jeral" and that happened to be the same as the Binktopia translation.

"Gerard", "Worly", "Shimon", and "Shou" come from CarlosNet's translations of Chapters 82/83. I am inclined to trust his romanization since he's got a lot more experience. Thus if my translations are used in future chapters, you will see those names instead.

Sorry about any confusion.