PDA

View Full Version : Theory The Unknown Yonkou: Kaidou and the mysterious fourth one

pirate-hitman:L
February 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
Lola's mama!
She is in the new world, after all.
Anyone else think so?
(Oh, and I haven't read Sahugani's review yet, but he probably has a better theory)

Thread re-opened.

kkck
February 25, 2008, 11:57 PM
I agree, i already wrote that a couple of days ago in the chapter discution thread.:)

gao_dargon
February 26, 2008, 12:06 AM
i was thinking the same thing when i read the chapter, that would be awesome, a mayor pirate that is a female, cuz alvida was a very lil small fry, its amazing she even had a bounty

Bartholomew Kuma
February 26, 2008, 01:07 AM
I doubt Moria want to get his ass kicked by a Yonkou for the 2nd time.
So I don't think it's Lola's Mom.
Empress Hancock is much more possible to be a Yonkou.

Akainu
February 26, 2008, 07:34 AM
2 objections:

perhaps lolas mom = empress hancock or thinking another way perhaps kaidou = lolas mom; who knows (except maybe japanese could tell which gender kaidou has or sth. like that)

gao_dargon
February 26, 2008, 12:47 PM
Moria dosnt have to know lolas mom is a yankou he just attacked lola and thats it

Dice
February 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
But I guess they are assuming that she would try to free her. Especially since we know about the "life-papers".

Absolutio
February 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
lola's mom wouldn't have had any way to know about moria attacking lola.
Thriller Bark is located in the florian triangle, a very remote and isolated place, which news don't get in and out from. And Lola wouldn't have been able to tell her mama that directly, coz she stayed in TB the whole time.

OP_overlord
February 28, 2008, 09:56 PM
the picture proves it. if you look at the pic when garp introduces the yonkou the upper left shadow has hair like lola's
you can find i by using wikipedia.

gao_dargon
March 02, 2008, 06:07 PM
the picture proves it. if you look at the pic when garp introduces the yonkou the upper left shadow has hair like lola's
you can find i by using wikipedia.

that dosent probe it, when we saw the siluets of the shichibukai (in the arlong arc) they did not match at all
the only reazon we saw WB and Shanks was becouse, we allready know they are yonkou

Raysen_ht
March 02, 2008, 06:12 PM
that dosent probe it, when we saw the siluets of the shichibukai (in the arlong arc) they did not match at all
the only reazon we saw WB and Shanks was becouse, we allready know they are yonkou

I completely agree we cant say its her because of the hair...
But i still think that the fourth yonkou is Lola´s mom

lordHokage
March 05, 2008, 04:08 PM
I think the fourth Yonkou is a female pirate but I don’t know who. :blink

Impel Down
March 06, 2008, 11:17 AM
When they showed the silhouettes of the Yonkou, none of them really looked like women, especially not Whitebeard and Shanks, although if it turns out Whitebeard is Lola's mom, that would be interesting.

I don't really like the idea of the crew having connections with more than one Yonkou. I mean, Luffy'd already be on pretty good terms with WB because of, you know, Ace. The Yonkou are, in the end, enemies of Luffy, after all, and are all competing for OP, so if they all were helping him out, it would unrealistic and Luffy and Co. should reach Raftel by themselves and their own talent.

Razh
March 06, 2008, 02:59 PM
I don't really like the idea of the crew having connections with more than one Yonkou. I mean, Luffy'd already be on pretty good terms with WB because of, you know, Ace. The Yonkou are, in the end, enemies of Luffy, after all, and are all competing for OP, so if they all were helping him out, it would unrealistic and Luffy and Co. should reach Raftel by themselves and their own talent.

It's not really unrealistic. Pirates had to help eachother once in a while. Bounties were created to turn them against eachother. It all depends on the pirate.

I always kinda imagined that Luffy an WB wouldn't get along too well. I had in mind more like Luffy - Garp relationship. Lot of yelling :p

Lord Rayleigh
February 25, 2009, 06:09 PM
A study of the two faces of the unknown members of the Yonkou

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/manga/personnages/grandline/emperor03/emperor03.jpg

Under his left eye, this emperor seems to have a " mouche " (french word meaning fly). Indeed, Oda has let a white little circle which means there is something special here.
A mouche is a false beauty spot which was above all used in the XVIIIth century and was the symbol of finery and was stuck on the face.
The mouche was used by the women ; so, the emperor - if it is as I think a mouche - must be a woman.

Another interesting thing is that the mouche was stuck on the face and some localizations have a special meaning about the personnality and the temperament of the person.
Here, the emperor have a mouche near the eye which means the emperor is a murderous person OR a passionate person.

This second possibility reminds me of Lola's temperament. Plus, Lola said that her mother was a famous pirate in NW. If this mouche really means the woman is a passionate person, it could really be Lola's mom because she should be passionate and she is obviously a woman.

If it means murderous person, it reminds me more of Kaidou (who killed Moria's nakamas) but it would mean Kaidou is a woman (Kaidou could also be Lola's mom and have the both temperaments) ...

Did you guy notice that in chapter 0, during the Edd war, Oda showed 3 captain pirates that were in Golden Shiki's fleet ? And did you notice one of this captain pirate was a female pirate ? Not a mere female pirate, a female pirate who had a tatoo on this foreheard : the word LOVE !

Could she be the last Yonkou, Big Mom ? The love theme, the gender and the age fit. Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/06-07/) she is.
edit : she appears in the movie Strong World and is still a Captain under Shiki.

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/manga/personnages/grandline/emperor04/emperor04.jpg

Here, the emperor seems to have as pirate badge a moon. Can he be inspired of the pirate of Romance Dawn who had a " moon moustache " ? On the picture, it is possible to have a moustache under the nose because this emperor is a man and his face is dark under his nose and above his mouth. Plus, the emperor got a moon as pirate badge ... And in Romance Dawn, the " moon moustache " pirate said he will kill Luffy. I know this should have nothing to do with the story of the manga but it could be a way to introduce this yonkou as a sort of similar guy to this one who was supposed to fight again against Luffy and try to kill him (his boat was sunk by Luffy).

His moon symbol, on his hat, is obviously at his last quarter. Does someone know the mythological meaning, the beliefs etc ... of the last quarter of the moon ?

The moon can be linked to calendars (DF of time) and farming/growing (DF of nature/wood/plants).

Sabo may have survived and lost his memory :
" The thing I'm most scared of is getting swallowed up in this country and becoming a completely different human being. "
The best thing would be that he is Kaidou, the one that tried to stop Whitebeard from saving Ace. That's possible since we don't know when Moria was beaten by Kaidou.

X. Drake's will to meet Kaidou makes me think there is some past story involved there. The supernova was a Rear Admiral who decided to quit the Marine, and who currently wants to meet the Yonkou Kaidou as soon as possible. There come some new theories.

To me, X. Drake is a clever character and he knows very well that he and his crew doesn't stand any chance against the Yonkou. So I guess that X. Drake has some business to do with him, possibly about the Pacifista program - remember that he revealed in Shabondy that he has some information about it.

About Kaidou's past, I bet he was a former Marine Vice-Admiral and the Commander of the former G-5 Marine Base. That's why X. Drake wants to meet him and that is also how he met Moria in the New World. He only spared Moria's life and not his crewmates' because Moria was a famous Pirate Captain and thus could be turned into a Shichibukai by the government.

Kaidou's recent decision to attack the Whitebeard Pirates was only to prevent them from going to Marineford. He thought that Whitebeard would destroy the MHQ and sink the island. If he wanted to take Whitebeard's head, he would have done it before IMO. He wanted to protect MHQ as a former Marine for some reasons, probably because it brings peace to the citizen of the World Government.

The New World is also under the complete ruling of pirates because of Kaidou's defection. With this, the Marine lost a lot of their power they had got there after the Pirate King's death. Some islands which were under the G-5 Marine Base's control also became Kaidou's. The Marine has recently developed a new G-5 Marine Base in the New World but it is always full of problems.

Kaidou may have decided to turn into a Yonkou because there was no way for Marines to deal with New World. As a pirate, he got the right to do anything and he doesn't need to follow the MHQ's policy regarding New World's population, prisoners etc...

So I think he still wants as a ex-Marine to protect MHQ who is great to bring peace to Paradise and the Four seas but that does not mean he is not a bad guy in New World. Remember that it is the place where pirates gather, so a Marine or an ex-Marine could turn into an evil person there.

Kaidou could be a true nightmare because unlike other Yonkou - Whitebeard, Shanks and maybe Big Mom - he doesn't make pirates his allies but kills them without any mercy.
In this case, Kaidou would be the ultimate bad guy in New World and the Straw Hat Pirates would have to fight him if they met him.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6443/lordrayleighyonkou.jpg

Razh
February 26, 2009, 04:30 AM
There are no pictures.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Yonkou.JPG

The fatter Yonkou is drawn like a man, and that line on the left side of his nose could be a moustache. He looks like a french nobleman anyway.

And the thing on the other Yonkou's forehead looks like a skull. To me.

Lord Rayleigh
February 26, 2009, 06:12 AM
Yes, it is also possible that this is a man because some guys might have used mouche even it is was a woman finery. I have to agree that the hair of this emperor looks similar to the french wigs and I think he is inspired of a french pirate too. The emperor reminds me the French Pirate Lord in Pirates of the Carribean 3.

I don't think this is a skull : on the hat, you see two part, a white part and a dark one that is shadow. On the white part, you see a moon (at his last quarter) design. If you really look on the quality picture I have put, you can see, on the white part, a sort of thin moustache that remounts at his extremity ; and a sort of pinocchio nose that touches the beginning of the shadow part.
This moon at his last quarter seems to the face of a pirate in profile for me (so, you only see the right part of the moustache).

Akainu
February 26, 2009, 07:47 AM
can't see your pics either , so there's not much basis for talking :s

Lord Rayleigh
February 26, 2009, 08:07 AM
can't see your pics either , so there's not much basis for talking :s

Hmm, this is because it is eastblue.net images, they prevent their images to be linked/used as avatars etc : I had forgotten.

But they have a great quality and you can see very well the form of the shadow etc ...

Use this link :
http://www.eastblue.net/pages/manga/personnages/index.php
and then, you have to click on that to see their picture :
Troisième Empereur Inconnu (the mouche emperor)
Quatrième Empereur Inconnu (the moon emperor)

You'll see their two faces (sorry if it is a french website).

Dice
February 26, 2009, 08:42 AM
I think we should not forget that Oda drew all shishibukai in the east blue saga but they don't not resemble the shishibukai we all know (except for Mihawk).

But still I could imagine that Lola's mom is a yonkou so she should be the fat one and really ugly xD

Sachsenhesse
February 26, 2009, 11:57 AM
I think we should not forget that Oda drew all shishibukai in the east blue saga but they don't not resemble the shishibukai we all know (except for Mihawk).

But still I could imagine that Lola's mom is a yonkou so she should be the fat one and really ugly xD

jeah but the shichibukai looked similar, the yonkous not

Lord Rayleigh
February 26, 2009, 04:55 PM

The shadows of the Schichibukai were mere normal shadows whereas the Yonkous'image is not only mere shadow. He has showed us their form and some part of their face has been revealed, what he didn't do with the Schichibukai.
So, the Yonkou will respect the " shadows " (it's not shadows in reality) Oda drew.
Plus, don't you see Shanks and WB are really looking similar to their " shadows. So, the two last ones will not be exception.

Moreover, as the time he drew the Yonkous'shadow, Oda already knew globally how the manga will advance, what he didn't know at the beginning of the manga when he introduced the Shichis'shadows. Now, he know what he will do with the emperors in the manga (Don't we see the names of Yonkous appearing since a long time ?).

Fox666
February 27, 2009, 11:41 AM
But still I could imagine that Lola's mom is a yonkou so she should be the fat one and really ugly xDThat's such a basic theory. Moria offended Lola for instance, he called her a japanese name for a old woman that yet didn't married. I can imagine the grudge to Lola being Kaidou daughter... yek, I don't know if Kaidou is a japanese for male or female. =P

Gecko Moria
March 01, 2009, 03:35 AM
Perhaps something I want to find out more than who Kaidou and the last Yonkou are, is what abilities they have. Maybe they have a insanely-powerful DF? Or immense haki power? A gigantic crew? etc.

Razh
March 02, 2009, 03:13 PM
Did Oda work on that Graccio family filler arc?

It was shown there that Puzzle's ship was attacked by a pretty huge ship which fired some flaming rocks at them. Looked like comets.

Anyway, I saw that pic on the french site and it could still be a skull. Even a skull turned upside down. We don't exactly know how much detail Oda wanted to put into it. It doesn't look much like a moon to me. But maybe it's not so important after all. Just a rubberband which he changes from time to time.
In any case, there's not much we can conclude from that sign. We can theorize about his possible flag but that's it. For all we know, maybe it isn't his flag at all.

kangclaw
March 03, 2009, 06:44 PM
I am curious as to why Oda has not even mentioned the name of the fourth Yonku yet.
The Yonku with the bigger smile could be a man or an ugly woman. If a woman it could be Lola's mother, does not mean it has to be. The Yonku at the bottom of the page is likely Kaidou, if not then the top is Kaidou and the bottom is definitely a man.

In the manga the character have boasted that Hancock is the most beautiful and strongest pirate, if she is then the fourth may not be a woman. I don't think Hancok is the strongest pirate, because there is a possibility that Lola's mother is a Yonku.

I definitely would like to have a woman as one of the Yonku.

Fox666
March 03, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hmm... being a Yonko mean you have one of the most powerfull crew in the world, not necessary that you are all strong just by yourself...

RichardMNixon
March 04, 2009, 06:05 AM
I think the Yonkou can be assumed to be ridiculously strong.

Also, I thought that symbol was on the lower Yonkou's hat at first as well, but the anime shows it quite clearly on the upper guy's chin. Looking back at the manga it looks like that fits just as well.

firework
April 25, 2009, 04:04 PM
Study of the faces of the two last yonkous Oda shown us when Garp first introduced them.

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/manga/personnages/grandline/emperor03/emperor03.jpg

Under his left eye, this emperor seems to have a " mouche " (french word meaning fly). Indeed, Oda has let a white little circle which means there is something special here.
A mouche is a false beauty spot which was above all used in the XVIIIth century and was the symbol of finery and was stuck on the face.
The mouche was used by the women ; so, the emperor - if it is as I think a mouche - must be a woman.

Another interesting thing is that the mouche was stuck on the face and some localizations have a special meaning about the personnality and the temperament of the person.
Here, the emperor have a mouche near the eye which means the emperor is a murderous person OR a passionate person.

This second possibility reminds me of Lola's temperament. Plus, Lola said that her mother was a famous pirate in NW. If this mouche really means the woman is a passionate person, it could really be Lola's mom because she should be passionate and she is obviously a woman.

If it means murderous person, it reminds me more of Kaidou (who killed Moria's nakamas) but it would mean Kaidou is a woman (Kaidou could also be Lola's mom and have the both temperaments) ...

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/manga/personnages/grandline/emperor04/emperor04.jpg

Here, the emperor seems to have as pirate badge a moon. Can he be inspired of the pirate of Romance Dawn who had a " moon moustache " ? On the picture, it is possible to have a moustache under the nose because this emperor is a man and his face is dark under his nose and above his mouth. Plus, the emperor got a moon as pirate badge ... And in Romance Dawn, the " moon moustache " pirate said he will kill Luffy. I know this should have nothing to do with the story of the manga but it could be a way to introduce this yonkou as a sort of similar guy to this one who was supposed to fight again against Luffy and try to kill him (his boat was sunk by Luffy).

His moon symbol, on his hat, is obviously at his last quarter. Does someone know the mythological meaning, the beliefs etc ... of the last quarter of the moon ?

The moon can be linked to calendars (DF of time) and farming/growing (DF of nature/wood/plants).

whoa, thats very interesting.

something id like to mention, if noone else has posted it, the smile of one of the silouheettes resembles Kokoro the Sea Train Lady, so it may be a fish person.

as for lola's ma, i doubt shes a yonkou, no reason, just seems unlikely

Shurou
May 07, 2009, 05:22 PM
Not trying to be a douche-bag here, but do we really need to have a woman in the Yonkou? o_O

kkck
May 08, 2009, 01:46 AM
Not trying to be a douche-bag here, but do we really need to have a woman in the Yonkou? o_O

The only inconvenient I would with a woman pirate would be that it would take away the "pirate empress" thing from hancock. Other than that it would be fine. There is some speculation that lola's mom is a yonkou though...

modoki
July 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
Having one of the 4 strongest pirates to be a female would fit perfectly well. I highly feel Kaidou is definitely lola's mom. There is a chance we might see her "if its a she" during the Great War, since some ships from the new world were also on the move.

The great war will probably introduce us to the other 2 yonkou before they show off their epic powers and return.

gao_dargon
July 26, 2009, 11:31 PM
Study of the faces of the two last yonkous Oda shown us when Garp first introduced them.

i like your theory quite alot, but i think the basis of it are just to small, that could be just a moul (sp?, im trying to say a birthmark) i have 2 just down of my left eye, so we still can't tell anything, but its a preaty good theory indeed

Duc :D
July 27, 2009, 01:28 AM
Lolas Mum appeared during the war along the other NW captains as wb allies so I highly doubt that lolas mum is a yonkou however I wish that one YOnkou is a female one^^. (just if the new introduced captain is lolas mum but theresemblances speak for it.

Lord Rayleigh
July 27, 2009, 05:42 AM
Finally, I do not think Lola's mum is a Yonkou because there was among the famous captains of the NW of the 551th chapter, a woman (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/12-13/). She is the first one (from left to right) of the second group of pirate whose names were not revealed.
Does not her look, with earrings, lipstick, necklace, a ring at each finger, a makes you think of her as a woman that wants to look beautiful despite of her age ? Plus, she looks enough old to be the mother of Lola.

gao_dargon
July 27, 2009, 10:03 PM
but if she is Lolas mom, then that leave us with the same question HTF is the unknown yonkou

BlindMunkey
July 28, 2009, 01:21 AM
just imagine the fact. if lola's mom is the yonkou that would mean luffy and etc has connections with WG[garp coby] shichibukai[hancock] and now lola' mom. thts pretty epic.

gao_dargon
July 28, 2009, 01:35 AM
don't forget about "red haired" Shanks, and the moust wanted criminal alive Dragon "the revolutionary" Monkey D, thouse are enough conections if you ask me xD not to mention Roger's own son

NoLimit89
July 28, 2009, 01:55 AM
I think I can't talk about the new chapter yet but, from that pic, that person who everyone thinks is Lola's mom in the youkon pics is probably some other MALE pirate.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 05:31 AM
I think I can't talk about the new chapter yet but, from that pic, that person who everyone thinks is Lola's mom in the youkon pics is probably some other MALE pirate.
I guess that the Yonkou are four male pirates. The last one is just totally unknown. Lola's mom is probably the female captain from the NW that has followed WB. The captain pirates that help WB are indeed quite famous according to the marine reaction. Then, Lola's mom is probably famous as (just) a captain from the NW, not a member of the Yonkou.

Poneglyph420
August 02, 2009, 05:32 PM
I guess that the Yonkou are four male pirates. The last one is just totally unknown. Lola's mom is probably the female captain from the NW that has followed WB. The captain pirates that help WB are indeed quite famous according to the marine reaction. Then, Lola's mom is probably famous as (just) a captain from the NW, not a member of the Yonkou.

This makes the most sense. If the SH are overly connected before their adventure in the NW, it would be lame. If at the start of the SH's time in the Grand line we knew all the Admirals and Shichibukai, that would have sucked...

More and more the story will unravel.

gao_dargon
August 03, 2009, 11:07 AM
i think that the las yonkou is going to shoot lightning out his eyes and **** golden turds. that guess is as good as any because this is all speculation there is no evidence of who or what the las yonkou are going to be like.

even if you are right in saying all this is pure epeculation, there is no need of being sarcastic or agresive, pleas remember everyone is entiteled to theire own opinion

Poneglyph420
August 03, 2009, 08:39 PM
The last 1/4 of the moon is death transformaton and renewal....

And from the picture I see 3 Guys and a shadow..
No proof of anything.

imo Oda likes doing that, playing with people..

Dark God Zeus
August 03, 2009, 09:29 PM
Lola would have stated herself if her mom was a Yonkou, the difference between a Yonkou and a new world pirate are like night and day. I agree the woman in the page with the 8 new world captains is Lola's mom. And it would detract from hancock being the "pirate emperess".

Kaidou appears to be the fierce warrior whom won't let any enemy get away. He also tried to attack whitebeard, but Shanks intervened. He's pretty antagonistic.

gao_dargon
August 03, 2009, 11:29 PM
yes i agree, i think Kaido is a bad guy, or anemy at best, having one yonkou firend,and another one being the captian of your brother's crew, the other tow have a preaty big chanse of being an obstacle for the straw hats, if not the new world would be to easy (relatively speaking)

NoLimit89
November 04, 2009, 09:32 PM
I know the last yonkou is un-named and it might be a character that has yet to be introduced ... BUT ...

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be kin jishi: (The Gold Lion)

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hsjhwp.jpg

Look at the one on the lowest left handside corner:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Yonkou

Similar eyebrows, same smile, similar hooklike nose. They vaguely resemble each other but I could be wrong. Maybe that picture with Garp showed of Kin Jishi when he was younger and the movie pic from wikia depicts of him old like now.

And another thing, the yonkous all seemed to have color in their named.

WHITEbeard, RED-haired Shanks, KINjishi - Kin = gold.

Here's me speculating again, but I am more certain that I am WRONG about this one than my other speculations. Only because the picture comparison only VAGUELY resemble one and another.
[hr]
oops, my mistake.

just found the original topic:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26363&page=3

merge please ^^^

Razh
November 05, 2009, 10:42 AM
Well, it would cause a lot of confusion in the story later if it turned out that it was Kinjishi. And I don't think Oda would have shown him in the movie before he's shown in manga.

Zatono
November 05, 2009, 10:50 AM
Well, it would cause a lot of confusion in the story later if it turned out that it was Kinjishi. And I don't think Oda would have shown him in the movie before he's shown in manga.

Well, he was mentioned by Sengoku, and briefly shown flying or something in the Impel Arc, although all you see is a spec of a pirate flying...

Razh
November 05, 2009, 11:07 AM
Well, he was mentioned by Sengoku, and briefly shown flying or something in the Impel Arc, although all you see is a spec of a pirate flying...

I think Sengoku would have mentioned that it was only one of Yonkou who managed to escape.
Anyway, even NoLimit doesn't think that's the case.

Poneglyph420
November 05, 2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah dude Prob. not the Yonkou who escaped from ID, or in the movie....

But Kinjishi does look cool....

Lord Rayleigh
November 05, 2009, 04:18 PM
He cannot be the last Yonkou : Sengoku said no one knows what he did and where he was during the last 20 years.

NoLimit89
November 05, 2009, 08:01 PM
Actually I heard from somewhere that Oda originally planned to introduce KinJishi during the conversation between Shanks and WB but decided against it because he thought it would confuse the readers.

So yea, whoever Kinjishi is, you can bet that he's really strong and that he's an important character. And the new chapters named after him (prequels) are named "Strong World".

BlackHair
November 05, 2009, 08:18 PM
He cannot be the last Yonkou : Sengoku said no one knows what he did and where he was during the last 20 years.According to the trailer WB said " where have u been the past 20 years" or sth along the lines. So yes he can't be the Yonko.

I also have to agree with Razh, I don't think Oda would introduce important characters in the movie. The Story has to move in the manga, not in animated movies.

amar_kun
November 30, 2009, 06:47 PM
yeah, i totally agree with BlackHair.. kijinshi can't be the younkyou coz he has been hiding for over 20 years now.. a lot of things happened and even garp thought he is dead already (i think i saw this in the strong world movie trailer)

besides, when we see the picture of 4 younkyou, none of them resemble kijinshi.. so no doubt he is not one of them.. but i think, since he has battled head to head with roger, he must possess the power equal to the yonkyou, if not stronger than them..

urlaub
December 01, 2009, 06:43 AM
I still can't imagine Luffy being equal to a yonkou already, if Shiki is at a yonkou level. Altough I predict that Kaido is Luffys oponent after couple of other srong guys, then you will see that Kaidou has the ability of the zoan zoan model sea king.

zagorka
December 01, 2009, 08:34 AM
Well, I don't think Luffy is in any way as powerful as any Yonkou at this point. I don't think anyone does either. Luffy has room to grow.

Shiki could be at a Yonkou level, but as of now, he's not considered as a Yonkou. The Marines don't know about his whereabouts. I'd like to think that the Yonkou are the current threats to the WG.

As for Kaidou and the mysterious 4th Yonkou? I'm sure Luffy will have to take them on sooner or later, but now is not the time. He hasn't reached the New World yet to face them. He's also not strong enough yet. Blackbeard will also add himself to the list of Pirate Emperors. So Luffy will have to roughly beat 3 Yonkou, in the New World. I doubt Shanks will get in Luffy's way. I've read predictions that the mysterious Yonkou guy is related to Kidd in some way. But it's a theory that could be interesting if Luffy battles Kidd as well in the future.

Razh
December 01, 2009, 11:01 AM
Blackbeard will also add himself to the list of Pirate Emperors.

How do you figure?
Nobody ads themselves as Yonkou. And nobody who has a crew of 6 people can have that much of an influence to be recognized as someone who rules part of the sea. Blackbeard doesn't have a ship of his own, doesn't have a large crew, doesn't have any allies in the New World.
Therefore, if he does get powerful enough to be recognized as one of pirate emperors, it won't be any time soon.

zagorka
December 01, 2009, 11:54 AM
How do you figure?
Nobody ads themselves as Yonkou.... I wrote that wrong. I meant that he'll be considered as powerful as a Pirate Emperor by the marines.

And nobody who has a crew of 6 people can have that much of an influence to be recognized as someone who rules part of the sea. Blackbeard doesn't have a ship of his own, doesn't have a large crew, doesn't have any allies in the New World.
Therefore, if he does get powerful enough to be recognized as one of pirate emperors, it won't be any time soon.Well... we don't know what else he's doing at Impel Down. He could for all we know release all of the lower level prisoners that are highly dangerous and add them to his crew. And I didn't say when exactly he will be considered as such regarding the title. But I assume he'll attain such a title very soon.

modoki
December 08, 2009, 04:35 PM
Honestly, I think Kaidou is the chunky guy with the big smile, since moria is pretty big himself. The last one probably might be a suprise to us, and i think its someone we don't know of, but has a story to tell about Roger's time and etc.

The 4th is definitely not Shiki, since the yonkou are accurately watched by Marine remote battleship to ensure they dont make contact with each other.

Another thing i wanted to mention is, if Shiki was never a Yonkou which is true, then this would probably indicate there are extremely powerful pirates in the new world that has strenghts similar to shiki. Perfect example, Wano country and Ryuuma (although he was just a samurai)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/9/94/Yonkou.jpg

Fox666
December 09, 2009, 07:24 AM
Is "Kaidou" a male name? I wouldn't be surpresed if it was Lola's mom. That would also have made Moria's capturing Lola more personal.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 07:37 AM
Is "Kaidou" a male name? I wouldn't be surpresed if it was Lola's mom. That would also have made Moria's capturing Lola more personal.

I think all of the Yonkou are males. I base my belief on that vague pic we've seen and on the fact that they are 4 emperors while Boa is pirate empress. That means that she's probably the strongest female pirate.

zagorka
December 09, 2009, 09:01 AM
I think her title as a pirate empress is connected to her being the ruler of her country. I don't think it has to do with her being the strongest female pirate.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 09:05 AM
It could go either way. A pirate empress could mean that she's a pirate and an empress at the same time, but it could also mean that she's an empress among the pirates, meaning the strongest chick around.
I think she would be called an Amazon empress if it were the first case.

Don't get me wrong, I hope she isn't the strongest woman pirate in One Piece, because I hope there will be plenty of other scary chicks.

ZenoArmani
December 09, 2009, 09:55 AM
Catarina Devon might be another candidate for the strongest female pirate. She is (was?) imprisoned in level 6 of Impel Down.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Catarina_Devon

I don't think Boa is uniquely powerful amongst female pirates though. That would be a bit more sexist of Oda than the impression I have of him. We'll also yet to see how the powerful the female New World pirate Lola spoke of will be.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 10:14 AM
Well, it is entirely possible that Boa is the most powerful female pirate. Let's revise, she can fight, she had a dangerous devil fruit ability and uses Haki. She's probably stronger than most men we've seen so far, let alone women.

I'm not sexist. Men are physically stronger than women. In general.

ZenoArmani
December 09, 2009, 10:29 AM
I didn't say you were, but Boa doesn't seem nearly as dangerous as the strongest men to start with, so Oda having her be the _only_ woman running around with that kind of power would be. I think there are others around, or at least two have been hinted at. There are also those two female Whitebeard captains, and we've seen number 10 be even with Moria, so I could see the one who looks like a samurai (apparently above level 10) to be comparable to Boa.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 10:43 AM
I didn't say you were, but Boa doesn't seem nearly as dangerous as the strongest men to start with, so Oda having her be the _only_ woman running around with that kind of power would be. I think there are others around, or at least two have been hinted at. There are also those two female Whitebeard captains, and we've seen number 10 be even with Moria, so I could see the one who looks like a samurai (apparently above level 10) to be comparable to Boa.

Oh, I just pointed it out to avoid shifting the discussion towards equality among sexes.

Boa probably didn't even show half of her abilities yet. I'm just saying she just might be the strongest woman, although I hope she's not. I want the New World to feel like a beginning of the story, not a boring second half of it.

And for some reason, I think the chick you're referring to is actually a man who likes to cross dress. It may be subtle, but I think he has the markings of the male character on his face.

Maybe Oda is working on a trend to have each pirate crew with at least one cross dresser. SH already have one.

zagorka
December 09, 2009, 10:45 AM
While Boa is powerful, we have yet to see how powerful WB's female commander is. She's the one holding pistols. And because we have yet to enter and understand who inhabits the New World, we cannot really state with certainty that Boa is the strongest female pirate. We can probably state that she is probably one of the top most powerful female pirates, but that's it. I'm also betting on Lola's mom revealing herself later to be a Yonkou. First we have an account from Garp, where we see two unknown Yonkou. Then later on Thriller Bark, we are introduced to Lola (Lola looks a lot like the shadowy figure we see in Garp's explanation), and Lola's friend stresses that her mother is a strong pirate in the New World. Oda is strongly hinting something here.

This is why I believe Kaidou to be the the bottom Yonkou shown in Garp's explanation. Of course time will tell.

Dekker
December 09, 2009, 10:49 AM
Maybe Oda is working on a trend to have each pirate crew with at least one cross dresser. SH already have one.

Huh, who is the cross dressing one?

I also think its not really doubtable that the fourth yonkou is not the gold lion. Well see them all sooner or later. Im pretty sure the last one is someone we havent heard of yet.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 11:03 AM
Then later on Thriller Bark, we are introduced to Lola (Lola looks a lot like the shadowy figure we see in Garp's explanation), and Lola's friend stresses that her mother is a strong pirate in the New World. Oda is strongly hinting something here.

Lola doesn't look a lot like the shadowy figure. The only thing that is alike is a big fat head. The hair is different, mouth is different.

Someone recognized Lola's mother in Shiki's crew and I tend to agree with them. Surprised I haven't seen it myself at first.
[hr]

Huh, who is the cross dressing one?

Geisha with guns.

Dekker
December 09, 2009, 11:07 AM
Lola doesn't look a lot like the shadowy figure. The only thing that is alike is a big fat head. The hair is different, mouth is different.

Someone recognized Lola's mother in Shiki's crew and I tend to agree with them. Surprised I haven't seen it myself at first.
<hr noshade size="1">

Geisha with guns.

Shes not part of the Straw hats... ^^

Razh
December 09, 2009, 11:13 AM
Shes not part of the Straw hats... ^^

Ever heard of Sanji and cover stories?:)

Dekker
December 09, 2009, 06:44 PM
Ever heard of Sanji and cover stories?:)

Oh yeah, he surely turned completly into an okama now.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah, he surely turned completly into an okama now.

Don't be a pain. It was a joke.-_-;

But to tell you the truth, we don't know the percentage of Sanji's transformation into an Okama. Anyway, you can't see much from that one picture. He could be faking it or he could really be brainwashed by the trauma. It's off topic anyway.

modoki
December 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
Kaidou is a both male/female, but more recognized as a male's name.

As far as lola's mom goes, I have a gut feeling it's the individual here:
http://media4.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000203552/12-13.jpg
3rd to the bottom left

Jiggy-Ninja
December 11, 2009, 03:42 PM

3rd to the bottom left
Yeah, that does kinda look possible.

The kimono gunslinger in Whitebeard's crew doesn't look like a woman. Oda usually draws the women freakishly busty, and there's no chest at all on that person. IMO, it's definitely a dude. A very feminine dude, but still a dude.

NoLimit89
December 22, 2009, 11:21 PM
Did you miss the necklace, the lipstick and the fact that she looks like an older and more crazier version of Lola?

Finale
April 03, 2010, 10:10 PM
What do you guys think about the possiblity of one of the Yonkou being Crescent Moon Gyari from Romance Dawn? That symbol on his headband could be the skull thats on Gyari's headband. Its a long shot but oh well.

Lord Rayleigh
April 04, 2010, 04:46 AM
What do you guys think about the possiblity of one of the Yonkou being Crescent Moon Gyari from Romance Dawn? That symbol on his headband could be the skull thats on Gyari's headband. Its a long shot but oh well.

Yeah I agree that Gyari could be one of the Yonkou (I support that since February 2009) because to me one of the Yonkou's flag is definitely a moon at his last quarter, like Gyari's. There is also the fact they've got the same nose.
Plus, in Romance Dawn, Gyari said he would find Luffy again and kill him. Romance Dawn is part of the manga, yet it could mean the two of them will fight in the real manga. Anyway, I guess Yonkou Gyari would be very different from Romance Dawn's Gyari version in terms of strenght and mind.

Oh, and I can also use paint.

Here is the picture I should have made a long time ago for a one-year-old theory (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1241331&postcount=15) about Yonkou, I think you'll like it :D

And to those who would wonder, yes I'm serious.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6443/lordrayleighyonkou.jpg

Finale
April 04, 2010, 12:23 PM
I think it would be cool if Gyari had the goofy personality he had in Romance Dawn as a Yonkou. So we'll have too laid back Yonkou ( Red Hair, Gyari) and two serious ones ( WB and Kaidou)

Yami_Yami_No_Mi_89
April 09, 2010, 06:36 PM
i'm pretty sure satch is going to be the unknown yonkou...

Finale
April 09, 2010, 07:30 PM
Whoever they are it'll be interesting to see their backstories and how they came to be Yonkous. Just how it was cool to see alll those poeple present or watching Roger's execution.

Taraku
April 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
i'm pretty sure satch is going to be the unknown yonkou...
Thatch is dead,Thatch was the 4th division commander of Whitebeard who is a Yonkou himself. Pretty much nonsense that a Yonkou would be in the crew of another Yonkou...

modoki
April 16, 2010, 07:20 PM
Big mom???? that is surely a very stupid name...Why couldnt it be something epic... I really hope Oda has a good explanation for this...........

I knew the chubby one was a woman. Definitely isnt anyone related to lola

hy4k
April 17, 2010, 07:21 AM
Big Mom to me invokes whitebeard. People called him pops somi'm guessing "moms" is in a similar sort of situation with her crewmates seeing her as their mother. like lola

3rd to the bottom left

I really doubt that man. as far as i can tell they're all whitebeard's allies that were at marinford. i doubt she'd be among them and even if she was at least someone would have noticed it. people lost their shit when they saw shanks

plus she looks nothing like the yonkou that garp was talking about

kangclaw
April 17, 2010, 11:12 AM
So her name is Big Mum. I think that she may be Lola's mother not the woman in the war at marineford. I may be wrong.

RichardMNixon
April 17, 2010, 11:50 AM
Big Mom to me invokes whitebeard. People called him pops somi'm guessing "moms" is in a similar sort of situation with her crewmates seeing her as their mother. like lola

I really doubt that man. as far as i can tell they're all whitebeard's allies that were at marinford. i doubt she'd be among them and even if she was at least someone would have noticed it. people lost their shit when they saw shanks

plus she looks nothing like the yonkou that garp was talking about

No, he was saying that woman with Whitbeard was Lola's mom, not that she was Lola's mom and a yonkou.

Also that symbol isn't on the fourth yonkou's hat, though I thought it was at first also. It's on the third one's chin. The anime makes it much more clear and looking back at the manga it could just as easily be his chin.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100411215246/onepiece/images/archive/9/94/20100411234052%21Yonkou.jpg

Also I'm hoping Big Mom doesn't have the family thing that WB had going on: it was awesome once, but doing it twice doesn't do anything for me.

Fox666
April 17, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yet it doesn't prove it. That's just the anime "interpretation".

RichardMNixon
April 17, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yet it doesn't prove it. That's just the anime "interpretation".

If that conclusively contradicted the manga, I think you'd have wiggle room to argue, but the picture in the manga could just as easily be interpreted as being the third guy's chin. In fact, having seen the anime picture, I think the manga picture better supports the chin. There's a continuous space from the third guy's left cheek down to the symbol; no line to separate face from hat. And if all we have to go on is personal opinion, I'll rank Toei's "interpretation" above the interpretation of some random guy on the internet.

Fox666
April 17, 2010, 11:19 PM
It's very obvious that they did not have anything else than the same pic as we. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are wrong in the end. In fact, I think that the "redesign" on the left part of the two guys heads is very unlikely to be right.

If I would bet, I would put in on the guy chin. But I am not really really sure.

NoLimit89
April 18, 2010, 04:41 AM
I'm hoping Kaidou and Big Mom would be revealed soon in the manga. I wanna see them interact or do something. >.<

Warlord90
April 18, 2010, 06:37 AM
I'm hoping Kaidou and Big Mom would be revealed soon in the manga. I wanna see them interact or do something. >.<

I will disagree with you, because until Big Mom was introduced, we were anxious of who he/she would be and to tell the truth, I wouldn't like to learn it so early. Also, can anyone explain to me what this balance is among the Yonkou ?

NoLimit89
April 18, 2010, 07:53 AM
I will disagree with you, because until Big Mom was introduced, we were anxious of who he/she would be and to tell the truth, I wouldn't like to learn it so early. Also, can anyone explain to me what this balance is among the Yonkou ?

WTF!? Okay but how can you disagree with what I HOPE would happen soon? LOL.

Uriel
April 18, 2010, 12:35 PM
Silly thing: First time I saw that picture of the Yonkous I was able to recognize four figures, yes, but everyone seemed male for me. The crazy black haired one was for me Kaidou. Don't know why I thought that, but now seems ironic that If She is Kaidou her daughter was kidnapped for the same person that hates her so much (Moria)

RichardMNixon
April 18, 2010, 07:50 PM
Silly thing: First time I saw that picture of the Yonkous I was able to recognize four figures, yes, but everyone seemed male for me. The crazy black haired one was for me Kaidou. Don't know why I thought that, but now seems ironic that If She is Kaidou her daughter was kidnapped for the same person that hates her so much (Moria)

Well if Lola's mom is a Yonkou, she would most likely be Big Mom, which excludes her from being Kaidou.

Bugzee
April 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
Tbh, I can't see BigMom being Lola's mother; I think her mother has a key connection/association (ally?) with one of the last two Yonkou's though. It would be funny if BigMom turns out to be Lola's aunt, maybe? xD

I'm more interested to see what BigMom's ship looks like! :XD I wonder if it looks better than the Moby Dick?!

Uriel
April 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
Well if Lola's mom is a Yonkou, she would most likely be Big Mom, which excludes her from being Kaidou.
I know, but at first I thought that the one we call now BigMom was Kaidou. Get me? The black haired curly haired one was the one I thought it was Kaidou and evil and short (Don't ask me why) and a male.
I was wrong, but it was my firt thinking.

modoki
April 19, 2010, 12:02 PM
theres a chance we may see them within the next few chapters from now.

Lord Rayleigh
July 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
My prediction is that we have actually already seen the last two members of the Yonkou :
Big Mom is the woman who was part of Shiki's fleet 20 years ago
Kaidou is Crescent Moon Gyari of Romance Down version 1

See my Yonkou post for more explications.

zerocooldx
July 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
My prediction is that we have actually already seen the last two members of the Yonkou :

Crescent Moon Gyari doesn't look anything like the shadowy figure that appeared when Garp talked about the Yonkou. And we know that those shadows are very reliable because of how accurate they portrayed Shanks and Whitebeard. But i do believe that both Big Mom and Kaidou will have strong ties to the past.

Ero-Sanji
July 20, 2010, 04:39 AM

You've got a pretty good eye for this:amuse

The woman who supported Shiki did share the same hairstyle as Lola so I think she might be Lolas mother and not Big Mom. I don't think that Big Mom is the same person. Since none of the darkened silhouette figures looks like her.

Kaidou however might very well be a remodel of Crescent Moon.

modoki
July 25, 2010, 11:48 PM
You've got a pretty good eye for this:amuse

The woman who supported Shiki did share the same hairstyle as Lola so I think she might be Lolas mother and not Big Mom. I don't think that Big Mom is the same person. Since none of the darkened silhouette figures looks like her.

Kaidou however might very well be a remodel of Crescent Moon.

Highly disagree.
woman on the bottom left has the closest appearance to lola
http://img-c.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000203552/12-13.jpg

Dekker
July 26, 2010, 02:38 AM
Your link is not working.

SuperShuter
July 26, 2010, 04:25 AM
Can't wait to see kadiou, luffy is deffinitly going to kick his ass in the future if he is to fight a younkou in the future. I don't know how people view luffy as being a younkou or the actual balance of the status, but if shanks the pirate who luffy aspired to be, became one why can't luffy?

Anyway I can see kadiou being a complete evil B******, the akainu of pirates and if hes a younkou i don't see why he isn't atleast admiral level. Going to be a good character. Also I wonder if Big Momma is going to be a Villian aswell.

I would like to asume Boney had a relation to Big Momma although she had a reaction at the end of the war which represented she had some relation with Whitebeard, either growing up on a saved island or blood relation.

Lord Rayleigh
July 26, 2010, 11:13 AM
One Piece Strong World made sure the " Love " woman captain that was under Golden Lion Shiki at the Edd war cannot be Big Mom. Indeed, she's still a member of his fleet in the current time since she appears in the movie.

chess4
July 26, 2010, 11:30 AM
One Piece Strong World made sure the " Love " woman captain that was under Golden Lion Shiki at the Edd war cannot be Big Mom. Indeed, she's still a member of his fleet in the current time since she appears in the movie.

i wrote th same thig in the movie 10 thread, but yea if she were big mon she would have beat the strawhats by herself. i really hope that lola's mom isnt the 4th yonkou. i mean luffy has already made allies with 2 of the yonkou crews already. it would be a bit much 2 be allies with 3 of them.

i also wonder if the WB pirates will still be considered yonkou crew? maybe blackbeard will get a lot of new recruits and he will become the new yonkou. i think it would be great for story sake. the WB's will still be a very strong crew but without WB,ace, and satch, not to mention a lot of crewman lost, i dont think they are able to fight of another oneof the yonkou crews