PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Strongest Guy in One Piece?

Pages : [1] 2

PTT
June 17, 2006, 11:36 AM
except Luffy and his crews.

1. God Enuru/Lighting Power :XD
2. Aokiji/Ice Power
3. Ace/Fire Power
4. CP9 Members
5. Mihawk/Swordman
6. Blackbeard/???
7. Whitebeard/???
8. Dragon/Weather control ???

I think no one can defeat God Enuru except Luffy. He can't damaged by any weapons and I think the most strongest by physical body are CP9 and Mihawk. They are strong even don't use the power of devil fruit.... ;)

How you think ?

princesscupincakes
June 17, 2006, 04:11 PM
I think Dragon would be more powerful than Eneru since he can use lightning and the other elements as well, and Ace is probably more powerful than Aokiji since fire melts ice, and Smoker should be on there, next to Ace since they're equals in a fight. I don't know if you've read the current chapters of One Piece, but members of CP9 have devil fruit powers.

Galth
June 17, 2006, 04:13 PM
Well, most of them do, Kumadori and Fukuro do not...

princesscupincakes
June 17, 2006, 04:32 PM
Are you sure? I don't think zipper mouths are natural, even amongst giants, merman, and chivalrous camels.

Hermie
June 17, 2006, 04:39 PM
I think the zipper is just one of those random things Oda likes to add, because of humor. ^___^

princesscupincakes
June 17, 2006, 04:53 PM
I suppose that's true. But in terms of physical bodies, I think Mihawk is stronger than CP9.

Crossbow
June 17, 2006, 11:32 PM
Mihawk can cut the elements, which zoro has yet to learn. So it is possible for mihawk to kick eneru's ass.

And something tells me Whitebeard is pretty damn strong so at this point its hard to say

Databook goodies

PTT
June 17, 2006, 11:55 PM
I don't know if you've read the current chapters of One Piece, but members of CP9 have devil fruit powers.

I mean they use only their bodies strength.
Ah...it's true that Mihawk can cut the elements so he must the most strongest guy now.
(Maybe because his Blacksword is the most powerful sword in the world) :notrust
[br]
Aokiji can freeze the elements ??? :confused
[br]

neomaster121
June 18, 2006, 04:14 AM
Mihawk could beat the cp9 and eneru so i guess mihawk is may be the firts or second strongest person in the world.

Vietfan26
June 18, 2006, 08:11 PM
imma go with mihawk just cuz i love swordsmen. lol but other than him id say aokiji. cuz weve seen him completely whup the strawhats all of them at once and tas not very easy.

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 12:05 AM
I concur, Mihawk should be first on the list, but Aokiji should be below Ace and Dragon for sure.

Jammer
June 19, 2006, 01:38 AM
i think we should be thinking about levels
like there are the three legs that the world order as it is is based on:

World Government Marines Shichibukai

And there is the powers that could bring disbalance to this order:

The Pirates (and this one's just a guess)The Revolutionary

It can be deduced that if these forces attack one another the outcome would be unknown so at the top we can find the I-st level of power - the strongest people, and that would be:

WG: Gorosei Marines: Sengoku The Buddha Shichibukai: Mihawk, Don Flammingo

and the other side:

Pirates: Whitebeard, Red Haired Shanks Revolutionary: Dragon

At the II-nd level of power:

WG: CP9 Marines: Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru Shichibukai: the others - argueable since
we don't know about them

Pirates: Luffy Pirates, Blackbeard Revolutionary: ???

In this way of thinking Eneru would probably go at the top of the II-nd level

III level: all the other strong guys in the OnePiece world

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 08:02 AM
. . . . . . I think my mind was just totally blown by that, it MADE SENSE! You're a genuis Jammer.

Vietfan26
June 19, 2006, 10:49 AM
wow ur right jammer. sweet post. i remember somewhere tat dragon was part of Gold D. Rogers crew was tat right?

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 06:36 PM
Wikipedia says no, Gol D. Roger is not mentioned in his character description

august roa
June 19, 2006, 09:39 PM
whitebeard pirate

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
whitebeard pirate

If Dragon is a part of a pirate crew, it's never been mentioned

august roa
June 19, 2006, 09:45 PM
i'm not sure i understand the response, please explain.

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
Information on Dragon is very limited, most of what's said about him is that he's a revolutionary high on the World Governments most wanted list. During the flashback in Drum Island they said he would soon be a threat to the world. No one has affiliated him with anyone else, crew or otherwise.

august roa
June 19, 2006, 09:57 PM
i'm sorry that wasn't me who said dragon. :XD

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 10:02 PM
then what were you taking about when you said whitebeard?

august roa
June 19, 2006, 10:21 PM
that he was the strongest in one piece at the momment

princesscupincakes
June 19, 2006, 10:25 PM
jammer had already established that whitebeard and Shanks were the strongest amongst pirates on his chart

august roa
June 19, 2006, 11:32 PM
jammer had already established that whitebeard and Shanks were the strongest amongst pirates on his chart
omfg, i so sorry.

Jammer
June 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
. . . . . . I think my mind was just totally blown by that, it MADE SENSE!

wow that was unexpected: DON thanks-a-ton :smile-big

and I think the admirals should be placed at the I-st level cause when Luffy fought Aokiji they were on a totaly different level. And at the II-nd level of Marine power should go all the strong captains -> Smoker, Hina

so IMO luckily there is no STRONGEST person - they're a bunch of strong people with unknown outcome if they clash ;) and that's the nice part cause imagine the boredom if they could be ranked and then when someone fights you just look up the ranklist and say: oh yeah, but he's gonna win cause he is stronger"

there is also the thing with circumstances: imagine ace vs. aokiji fight. so fire melts ice, you say, but what if it just happens that it's rainy - ace would totaly lose. another example: nami vs smoker: smoker is stronger than nami but if she has the ability to control wind (can't quite remember if she actualy can do that with the Perfect clima tact) she would blow away his smoke and win

well the best part of One Piece is it being unpredictable :)

and back to the topic Ace should be at the II-nd level under Pirates: along with Luffy and Blackbeard

princesscupincakes
June 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
Ace himself would be, but wouldn't he be grouped into the Whitebeard Pirates?

bastukorv
June 25, 2006, 01:03 PM
Who is dragon and when was he mentioned?

princesscupincakes
June 27, 2006, 09:56 AM
Dragon is first seen in Logue Town, he electricuted Buggy with a bolt of lightning when he was going to kill Luffy. He then caused the storm that quickly blew the Straw Hats away from Loguetown towards the Grandline entrance. And told Smoker not to get involved with Luffy's destiny as Pirate King. After that he was mentioned briefly in the Drum Island flashback at the meeting between Warpol and King Cobra.

Admiral Wolfpox
June 28, 2006, 03:18 PM
Whitebeard (Edward Newgate) is THE strongest man in the world! Do not underestimate him!! I know people are saying that he's the strongest pirate, but I believe he's also -- as Oda himself says -- the strongest man in the whole world.

This guy was able to match Gold Roger in a fight! Gold Roger! Ace is just one of this guy's captains! He tells Rockstar (who has a bounty almost as high as Luffy!) that he's just a snot-nosed kid! We have no idea what kind of power this guy has, but I'm sure he could whip Mihawk's a$* if he wanted to (even though I adore Mihawk)!

Whitebeard is the closest person to finding One Piece, too! That means he's the closest to becoming the King of the Pirates!

Sorry about all the exclamation marks...  ;)

Kami
June 29, 2006, 03:56 PM
The strongest person in he whole world is Whitebeard.

This is shown the first time he is met in the anime

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Whitebeard3252006.jpeg

or that might just be a title

princesscupincakes
June 29, 2006, 08:49 PM
After Kami's post I'm not sure if I should laugh or feel incredibly stupid that I missed that title before.

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 12:38 AM
shanks is the man cause he can nock you down with his spirt he doesnt have to touch you but then it is enel, dragon , ace, aokiji, smoker, mihawk, WB, BB, Garp ...

Efreet
December 27, 2006, 04:21 AM
i originally thought it was Whitebeard, but, i agree with OP_overlord, you see all these guys and you don't know who's stronger :darn

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 01:30 PM
kami's post is great but i think that is just a title now he is like garp they were stronger back in teh day if you look at him he has bandages and iv like things all around him with nurses he is old now still really strong but not the strongest and in the pic he looks dirty, i wounder if they move him inside when it rains (and if not they prob should cause that maybe why hes sick)

John M.D.
December 30, 2006, 02:41 AM
maybe WB held the title immediately after Gold Rogers death, and through time, people became used in calling him in that title but considering the state of his body (awww... look at him so full of bandages and resident nurses :blink), the healthier oldies (Garp, etc), and the "new guys" (Mihawk, Eneru, Donflamingo etc) I don't think he is the strongest... maybe second or third.

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 09:58 AM
i feel sorry for ol' Edward...all those stitches and that huge scar!!imagine what his mother would say..

Now,now, Edward!I told you not to hang out with that Gol and Shanks! :darn

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 03:42 PM
yeah i think that the new generation of supe strong is coming in with shanks, mihawk, BB, luffy, don flamingo, eneru, aokiji, dragon ...

sushi
January 11, 2007, 08:12 AM
you forgot zoro

king_crimson-
January 11, 2007, 01:27 PM
well, when it comes to logia users, i don't think there is someone who is absolutely stronger than the others...it's just a matter of what element is strong or weak against another(uhm well, maybe wind if well trained...)...

I think dragon and whitebeard are the strongest

also, where is it said that mihawk can cut elements?

ax999
January 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
im personally concerned about the Gorosei. i mean, looking at every leader in one piece, most of them got there through being powerful, even the Admirals who dont necessarily have to be strong but just tactful (the exception of course is Spandam). You cant just dismiss them, they just might be be some of the strongest people in the one piece world... and they definatly are/used to be fighters, you can tell by their scars and at least one of them is built pretty well..

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 04:06 PM
can mihawk ut elements cause zoro will lear that too and how to fight with out calling out moves and just fighting

WB , Shanks, mihawk, dragon , luffy (in a while), errue, BB, aokiji, gold roger, songoku (eventho we have not "meet" him yet
those are some in not all of teh strongest so far

xr3b0rn5inx
January 31, 2007, 10:14 AM
Im gonna go with Aokiji with the Hie Hie DF which gives him the ice power,i dun think any1 can reali fight him other den Eneru,Ace or maybe Blackbeard??

conan
January 31, 2007, 10:20 AM
well it used to be gold roger thats for sure, but now its the only man who fought roger and survived or the fight was even said to be a draw, it has to be white beard, eventhough he is old and seems sickly as of late, but shanks is second I think, I dont think highly of eneru, he may have some power of devil fruit, but you could get around it like luffy did, just wear plastic or ruuber shoes or something and a rubber glove to punch him, and thats all you need, I think aokiji is at that level but not enough to defeat someone like white beard, there is smoker that you didnt mention, but I would put him on a level of one of white beards commanders like ace.

OP_overlord
January 31, 2007, 11:25 PM
there are alot of strong people and we have not seen enought of them all to make a true decision so there is like a bunch that can switch up ranking and it all depends on who you are fighting
so:
Aokiji, Eneru, WB, BB, Shanks, smoker, sengoku, luffy(will be one day at teh top of the list), gold roger(kinda out of the running),Ace, Dragon, don flamingo, and alot of others that we havent seen yet that just chill in teh new world

neild
June 16, 2007, 02:10 AM
strongest in terms of devil fruit ability: luffy (not now, but will be).why?coz he cant and will not die,and will defeat everyone blocking his path to achieve his goal as a pirate king
strongest in terms of physical strength (non df user): zorro (again not now, but will be).why?every strong team needs a superstar,in this case luffy, and a sidekick.in this one piece world its zorro.its like michael jordan and scottie pippen, or ronaldo and ronaldinho, or name every famous pair u know in terms of achieving team's goal.

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:17 PM
Luffy. Discussion over. Seriously, what kind of a thread is this? The main character is obviously going to be the strongest in his/her series!

alias85
June 18, 2007, 09:28 PM
1. Dragon
2. Aokiji
3. Blackbeard/Whitebeard/Shanks
4. Sengoku
5. Mihawk
6. Eneru
7. Ace

neild
June 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
i think aokiji is unbeatable too.scary.if there is a guy who can beat luffy, my money is on him

Imitorar
June 19, 2007, 11:53 AM
i think aokiji is unbeatable too.scary.if there is a guy who can beat luffy, my money is on him

Assuming he's alive, Ace could totally destroy Aokiji, just by the nature of their respective Devil Fruit powers. But I agree with Impel Down, Luffy is the strongest. He's the one who always defeats the guys that everyone says can't be beaten. And if Luffy isn't strong enough to beat someone that he needs to beat in order to fulfill his dream and protect his friends, he'll make himself strong enough to defeat them, as evidenced by Luffy's developing Gears so that he could defeat Rob Lucci. Luffy will not let anything stand in his way, and if something does, he'll rise to the occasion and overcome it, every time, no matter what.

SympathyX
June 19, 2007, 01:27 PM
Aokiji and Garp are the only two people that have had anything over Luffy.

Other than that, Luffy has beaten everyone.

alias85
June 19, 2007, 01:57 PM
Assuming he's alive, Ace could totally destroy Aokiji, just by the nature of their respective Devil Fruit powers. But I agree with Impel Down, Luffy is the strongest. He's the one who always defeats the guys that everyone says can't be beaten. And if Luffy isn't strong enough to beat someone that he needs to beat in order to fulfill his dream and protect his friends, he'll make himself strong enough to defeat them, as evidenced by Luffy's developing Gears so that he could defeat Rob Lucci. Luffy will not let anything stand in his way, and if something does, he'll rise to the occasion and overcome it, every time, no matter what.

what do you think would've happend if blackbeard had actually crossed paths with luffy?

luffy's strong, no denying that, but he has a long ways to go before he can be considered the strongest.

alias85
June 19, 2007, 02:11 PM
*****SPOILERS*****

I really dont think he is the strongest man in the world, even if that is the title he was given. I'm thinking because he fought on par with Gold Roger, and after Gold Roger died, that was when he recieved that title. I mean...look at him now, he has all these IV's running in him and a platoon of nurses by his side. I know some people will think appearances will be decieving, but fact is fact...he is one old sickly dude, obviously out of his prime.

If he's really that strong, why would he send Ace to take care of Blackbeard and not himself. His personality comes off as really arrogant, for example when Shanks offered him healing water, the best that he has to offer, Whitebeard takes it and says it's decent (or along those lines). Also when Shanks warns him about BB, WB doesn't even take him seriously thinking that he knows best. I think its safe to say that this arrogant personality has a lot to do with him holding on to the title of the strongest in the world for so long. If Shanks engaged WB in combat on WB's OWN ship...what does that say about WB's power?

discuss ^_^

Imitorar
June 19, 2007, 03:04 PM
what do you think would've happend if blackbeard had actually crossed paths with luffy?

luffy's strong, no denying that, but he has a long ways to go before he can be considered the strongest.

He HAS escaped from Blackbeard and his crew. Admittedly, that was before Blackbeard ate the Yami Yami no Mi, but rest assured, if Luffy and Blackbeard were to fight now, Luffy would find a way to win. He always does.

abu_89
June 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
it means shanks is powerful.. :D ... WB has the title because he strong... nobody's been stupid enough to challenge him before (or powerful enough)

The Boff
June 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
first of all this discussion is about whos strongest EXCEPT Luffys crew...
read the first post.

and im gonna have to assume that the person who knows best who is the strongest in the world of One Piece is Eiichiro Oda himself.
but then again he told us too so we know that just as well.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/whitebeard.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/whitebeard2.jpg

and i read that some of you interpreted Strongest in the world as a title more than a fact. but i really dont think thats the case, if you look at this picture:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/roshio.jpg

you can see that titles/nicknames have " " around them.
Strongest man in the world does not.

so i have to side with the creator of the manga on this issue :smile-big

Imitorar
June 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
Alright, The Boff, valid points. But Luffy will have to fight Whitebeard one day (thats what I think will happen at the end of the series) and Luffy will win. He isn't stronger then Whitebeard now, but when he needs to be, he will be. Whitebeard is holding his title on borrowed time.

djgernade
June 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
*****SPOILERS*****

I really dont think he is the strongest man in the world, even if that is the title he was given. I'm thinking because he fought on par with Gold Roger, and after Gold Roger died, that was when he recieved that title. I mean...look at him now, he has all these IV's running in him and a platoon of nurses by his side. I know some people will think appearances will be decieving, but fact is fact...he is one old sickly dude, obviously out of his prime.

If he's really that strong, why would he send Ace to take care of Blackbeard and not himself. His personality comes off as really arrogant, for example when Shanks offered him healing water, the best that he has to offer, Whitebeard takes it and says it's decent (or along those lines). Also when Shanks warns him about BB, WB doesn't even take him seriously thinking that he knows best. I think its safe to say that this arrogant personality has a lot to do with him holding on to the title of the strongest in the world for so long. If Shanks engaged WB in combat on WB's OWN ship...what does that say about WB's power?

discuss ^_^

i gotta agree. i dont think hes the strongest in the world. but think about it gold roger was the strongest and white beard was able to fight with him and live(cuz it sayed that he fought with him and and tied or something but he hasnt been able to get to the last island. basically saying that he not as strong.) he's the best candidate for 2nd place. but that was back 50 years ago. now hes this old guy on his death chair that refuses to die. if anything he strong but not like he used to be. the old and experienced, will always fall to the young.

and im wondering what shanks full extent is? he walked on th boat and some men passed out by the sight of him. that has to be some sort of power. like reaitsu from bleach those with high power level affect those with weak ones. so i wonder what it is???

neild
June 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
err...guys,oda said that whitebeard (blank) the strongest man in the world. The title is not unintentional,it was there because whitebeard deserved it.Whether the (blank) in that sentence should be filled with is or was,at least he used to be one. Now? who knows,maybe dragon is,or the world government is.

neild
June 19, 2007, 06:29 PM
Assuming he's alive, Ace could totally destroy Aokiji, just by the nature of their respective Devil Fruit powers. But I agree with Impel Down, Luffy is the strongest. He's the one who always defeats the guys that everyone says can't be beaten.

engg....luffy lost to ao kiji once.robin scared to aokiji.aokiji literally defeat all members of straw hat crew....zoro,sanji,luffy.aokiji make the entire ocean freeze.i repeat the entire ocean.how crazy is that.what if luffy won't win from aokiji?aokiji in my opinion is one of the good guys,maybe he will not cross path will luffy at the end if he knows that luffy is not a bad guy who wants to greedy things like crocodile.so its possible that oda makes him an ally to luffy.nuff said
ace?do u see x-men?in that movie the x-men had the ice man as a member (we can say this is ao kiji). there is also a group of bad guy, one of them is a man who can control fire...who won in that movie?yeah,ice freeze the fire.assuming ace lost to blackbeard already,no contenders as for now.

Shep
June 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
the IV's have nothing to do with his strength imo, cos he seemed ok when he got up to fight shanks... ever thought that the IV's are there merely to throw off the enemy? people could be all like, omg he's weak because he needs IV's to stay alive, then BAM, your dead ;) either that, or it's just an old mans excuse to have sexy nurses around 24/7 ;). Also lets not forget it's one piece, it's on the grand line where anything can happen.... so who's to say what's in those IV's? who's to say alcohol isn't being pumped directly into his blood stream so he can get drunk faster, or it's got something to do with his power that we haven't fully seen yet?

Also, ace wasn't sent after BB by WB as i recall, it's Ace who went after BB himself because he feels that he's the one who needs to be a kind of enforcer to WB's crew.

Also shanks engaging WB in combat on WB's own ship means nothing about WB's power, or shank's. That meeting has been brewing for a while, and just because your invited to a location doesn't mean you've gained any sort of upper hand, it means your invited there. Shanks was given free passage to meet WB, but if he wasn't, don't you think there would have been a massive crew vs crew battle? Who's to know who would win that encounter, but WB's men by far out number Shank's, since he has a few ships and crew's under his command, compared to shank's 1.

For the healing water, thats basically another term for alcohol... a kind of healing water for the mind, and it's only the best shanks has to offer, so why does that have to be the best ever? WB may have had much better on a daily basis, who knows... maybe it's a bit rude to say it's only decent, but then again, they are rival pirates, and when do rivals (let alone pirates) have to be nice to each other?

and one more thing, you seem to be assuming that "strongest in the world" means that he's the best skilled in the world. The title of strongest is actually "the strongest human"... there could be others stronger, who are giants maybe, or mermen, etc. The only thing we know for sure is that his sword/blade fightling skills are level to that of Shanks, because they clash and we are lead to assume it's a draw.... in a fist fight, WB would likely win, especially since shanks has the one fist ;). But anyway, if you want to assume "strongest in the world" means that he's the best at everything, then your sadly mistaken, because otherwise, whats the point of Hawkeye being Zoro's target?? According to your statement/theroy, you think that the strongest means he's the best at everything, but we know Hawkeye is the strongest swordsman in the world... so why can't WB be the strongest Human in the world?

It's likely however that shanks is the best all rounder, without any actual title... this is because he's fought Hawkeye before, so he's obviously close to his skill, and he has the strength to take on WB, so he's close to one of the strongest in strength.

and in summary, although just about anything can happen in one piece, one rule just about always true of all characters... a title says everything about a character, especially ones that don't feature much, because a title is the best way to summarise a character when you need to do in in a very small space/area. eg, what are Fire Fist Ace's skills? What are Red Leg Zeff's skills? How would you recognise "BlackBeard" Marshall D Teach? what did Pirate Hunter Zoro do before becoming a pirate himself? What does StrawHat Luffy wear? ... titles in one piece are there to describe a character... if it were real life, maybe the title of Strongest Human might have been given to the wrong person, but it's not real life, the writer has given them that name for a very specific reason.

neild
June 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
strongest is the most strong person in the world no matter what skills you possess.it doesnt matter who challenge WB,he eventually ended up winning.the unbeatable record in WB's fighting reputation made him earns the strongest title.maybe he is not the best at everything,but again no matter who the opponents are,he ended up beating them all.

Imitorar
June 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
Luffy's losing to Aokiji was part of what prompted him to create his Gears. And I did see X-Men 2, but Pyro's and Ace's powers are different. Pyro can control flames, but he can't produce them himself, which is why he carried that lighter. Ace IS MADE of fire. So even if Aokiji froze him, Ace could melt his way out without having the problem of being unable to work his lighter because Ace wouldn't NEED one.

Anti-panda
June 19, 2007, 09:57 PM
I agree with Boff Whitebeard has the title of worlds strongest man. So he's no1.
2nd I'm gonna proabably say Dragon, shanks or mihawk. There's just so many huge players in this game that we know little or nothing about. Most of the shinchibukai have been introduced .... but we know little or nothing about them. We've only been introduced to two of the Yonkou so you never know. Not to mention the AWOL shinchibukai we haven't even been introduced to yet. Then theres the three admirals and if akoji is a indication thier probably all wicked strong. And I'm not even gonna try to guesstimate Sengoku or the Gurosei.
Long list of people we don't have enough info on to make any indication.

alias85
June 19, 2007, 11:20 PM
and one more thing, you seem to be assuming that "strongest in the world" means that he's the best skilled in the world. The title of strongest is actually "the strongest human"... there could be others stronger, who are giants maybe, or mermen, etc. The only thing we know for sure is that his sword/blade fightling skills are level to that of Shanks, because they clash and we are lead to assume it's a draw.... in a fist fight, WB would likely win, especially since shanks has the one fist ;). But anyway, if you want to assume "strongest in the world" means that he's the best at everything, then your sadly mistaken, because otherwise, whats the point of Hawkeye being Zoro's target?? According to your statement/theroy, you think that the strongest means he's the best at everything, but we know Hawkeye is the strongest swordsman in the world... so why can't WB be the strongest Human in the world?

i would have to respectfully disagree with you still. i think you're thinking too hard about the wording of "the strongest in the world." strongest in the world to me means simply.....strongest in the world, as in...he's the strongest in the world. -_-;

and i seriously doubt those IV's and nurses are just for show.

"Also shanks engaging WB in combat on WB's own ship means nothing about WB's power, or shank's. "

totally disagree with your statement above to a certain extent. this might not say a lot about WB's power...i guess, but it says alot about shanks'. to engage someone who is declared as the strongest in the world on his own ship, with all his crew around him says to me 2 things.
1. Shank's is way too confident in himself and overestimating his strength (not really his personality to do this though imo)
2. Shank's is not overestimating his strength, and believes he can take on WB even with a handicap.

after all...the strongest in the world can't stay on top forever, there will always be the next generation that will topple them. it doesn't really have to be declared...i dont think oda is going to be writing in captions below WB's frame "Not the strongest in the world anymore," its just going to....happen, and maybe as of now he's NOT the strongest anymore, but hasn't gotten around to be defeated yet...which is where i was trying to go with this thread.

neild
June 20, 2007, 05:51 AM
and how do you explain his(Ace) loss to blackbeard then?but it doesnt matter,im just saying aokiji is the one who luffy fear the most.im eager to see how oda will overcome this

alias85
June 20, 2007, 09:16 AM

2. Aokiji/Ice Power
3. Ace/Fire Power
4. CP9 Members
5. Mihawk/Swordman
6. Blackbeard/???
7. Whitebeard/???

I think no one can defeat God Enuru except Luffy. He can't damaged by any weapons and I think the most strongest by physical body are CP9 and Mihawk. They are strong even don't use the power of devil fruit.... ;)

How you think ?

after reading your comment over, i think i'm gonna retract my rankings. Imagine Eneru being a pirate, meaning most of the time he spends in the ocean. We all know water is a conduit for electricity. oh mah gawd, could you imagine something similar to what aokiji did to the ocean except with a gigantic ball of lightning falling in the ocean. it'd wipe everything out.

weakness : It's true he might fry out if he falls in water while in electric form, but he's a df user. all df users would die in the water anyhow, unless their picked up by their crew.

i love how oda makes it so hard to determine the strongest guy. everyone has a natural weakness ie luffy > eneru, ace > aokiji (i think) which makes it so interesting. but overall i believe Eneru in the ocean, is a force to be reckon with, by anyone no matter how strong they are.

Impel Down
June 20, 2007, 08:43 PM
Well, they DO say he is the Strongest Man in the World, so yeah, I guess he IS the Strongest Man in the World, unless someone else defeats him or is proven to be stronger.

chapapa
June 21, 2007, 07:02 AM
the strongest man in the world means .. well the strongest man
it doesn't say that he can beat every single person in a 1-on-1 fight
it just says he is the strongest i.e his muscles are extraordinary
Hawkeye was originaly presented as the strongest swordman in the world
and seeing as WB uses a sword does this mean that Hawkeye can beat him in a 1-on-1 swordfight but WB will win in a wrestle fight ;)

Paz42
June 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
well seeing as thats his given title we can assume that he is the strongest man that is known in the world but lets say that he isnt the accutal strongest there have got to be 5 contenders that we know of the other 3 yonkou Dragon and maybe the final warlord (but i doubt it)

But i dont think whitebeard got that name for nothing but i think now maybe he isnt the strongest man in the world any more as he seems to be quite old and im sure he picked up that title in his prime

Sorata
June 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
First of all WB is the strongest man, that means that no one in One Piece world can beat him, second, Shanks was not very confident, he just now that he will not fight WB in the boat, the sword crossing was just to release the spirit and bit anger that they were feeling for each other in the moment.
But i think that BB will end beating WB, but until then WB is the strongest man in One Piece world, it´s just like the Straw Hats, Zoro is the strongest swordsman but he can´t beat Luffy who is the strongest man is straw hats crew, the same view happens in One Piece world.
And third i think that at least 2 Shichibukai are at the same level of the Yonkou, Mihawk and probably the other one that we still don´t know anything.
There is no doubt that WB is the strongest, then there are a least 6 men below him: the 3 guys of the Yonkou(including Shanks), Sengoku, Mihawk and Dragon.

Sorata
June 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
I think that most of people didn´t understand this question, it´s about: who is the strongest???
And there is a lot of guys saying that Luffy is the strongest, that´s obviously not true, Luffy will be indeed the strongest character in One Piece, but not now, in the future for sure, now WB is the strongest. Don´t forget that guys without Devil Fruits can beat guys like Aokiji and Ace.

Impel Down
June 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
Well, Dragon is just dangerous, not exactly strong, probably just because of his influence and his army, like why Moria is strong. Same goes for Sengoku. So, the candidates are the yonkou, BB, some other Shichibukai, and Luffy.

Absolutio
June 25, 2007, 05:51 AM
Dragon might be hell powerful by himself, same with the other guys you mentioned.
And I totaly agree with Sorata. Like in the SH's, Luffy>Zoro, but Zoro is the strongest swordsman in the crew. It doesnt conflict the facts.
Same with WB, He's stronger than Mihawk. If they fight, WB will win.
And all those nurses and stuffs.. Maybe he IS sick, but who cares? You can see by yourself that it's not affecting him really..
And shanks vs. wb wasnt really a fight, merely a sword clash. Like shouting for normal ppl, sword clashing is for pirates :p
Doubting WB being the strongest is doubting what Oda says, which is just wrong, coz he's the guy who makes this whole story. :o

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:52 PM
And the fact that he tied in fights will Roger makes everyone consider him the strongest. And he isn't sick, just old.

Sorata
June 26, 2007, 11:14 AM
I think that he really is sick, but even as a sick man, he is the strongest, maybe he is like Mitsuomi from Tenjou Tenge which can only fight for 15 minutes, maybe WB have that problem too, but in those 15 minutes he can go all out, just like Mitsuomi and Makoto Shichio(RK).

ryusuke_
June 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
Maybe he WAS the strongest in the world after Gold Roger dead, but I think at the moment he's too old to still be the strongest; maybe Dragon, Ao Kiji or another one at their level are able to fight and beat him, supposing Shanks hasn't done that already...

Impel Down
June 26, 2007, 01:05 PM
But Ao Kiji isn't really "strong", he just has a powerful DF. Maybe the "strongest" means just in term of physical strength, not overall power.

Limba Limba no Mi
June 27, 2007, 06:08 AM
He's the nearest man to one piece, so he MUST be the strongest in the world. I think, on how the story is going on, the only man in the whole world that will be a problem for him will be Blackbeard...

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
Well, if Shanks could have gotten to him so easily, then they're at the same place, right? So, maybe closest person just means in terms of his power.

blue_flash
July 01, 2007, 02:49 AM

I think aokiji will crush ace, since when get ice melt it will become water &and water stronger than fire

fanatik
July 06, 2007, 01:24 PM
The thread is interesting, indeed... For now, I'm puttin' aside that Luffy likely will become the strongest in the long run (very looong run, 'cause, really, he still has a pretty damn long way to go) and tryin' to figure it out as of now...

As it was said on the 1st page there're several groups/ organizations:
- Revolutionaries: I guess Dragon stands unbeaten here (as far as I remember, he's the wost wanted man in the world, after all...)
- Shichibukai: I'll be damned if Mihawk isn't strongest among them ("best swordsman in the world" speaks for it)
- World Government: I'll bet on Sengoku, he gotta be really strong as well as clever, all the rest Admirals (Aokiji, Akazaru and one more, don't remember his nickname) and Vice-Admirals (Garp) gotta be below his level just judgin' by the hierarchy, not mentionin' other marines
- Pirates: Shirohige, obviously, since Oda-sensei stated that himself, but it was also said that other 3 Yonkou are the only ones who could be compared to him, and that means they're pretty damn close to his level. Indirectly this is being confirmed by the fact that Shanks drew his sword and accepted the fight without any hesitation, hardly intendin' on losing it, thus he was pretty sure about Shirohige's power level as well as his own.

As for who of the 4 said above persons is the strongest... there's hardly evidence to prove it, but I'd say it's either Shirohige or Dragon (well, the World Government needs Shichibukai to assist it in keepin' in check pirates and revolutionaries, not quite being able to do it on its own, so...)

fanatik
July 07, 2007, 01:47 AM
Oda-sensei established Shirohige at the moment of his introduction as strongest, this is a fact . But the situation never keeps still, it chages and develops, things are movin' on, so this "strongest" was just a starting point. That's why I think it would be safe to assume that he's really "the strongest", but only until this is proven wrong somehow. So far, from what we know, it wasn't. So maybe, just maybe Shanks is goin' to be the one to refute it. He was pretty angry about Shirohige being so stubborn and not listening to reason. But still, there's quite a possibility that this wouldn't escalate into a real fight, since Yasopp said that Shanks didn't really intent on fighting Shirohige.

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 11:16 AM
Well, since Shanks said that BB was a good candidate for "Strongest Man in the World", then maybe the "strongest" title includes DF/aura AND physical power, since Shanks's power seems to come from aura.

weixiaobao
July 08, 2007, 12:44 AM
i guess he is the strongest in the the world but also the strongest sick man in the world.. with all those nurses around him (i recall) he probably like to stay sick..

Impel Down
July 08, 2007, 08:24 AM
He isn't sick, he's just old, which shows how powerful he must have been when he was in his prime.

weixiaobao
July 08, 2007, 12:43 PM
if he is that old to need those medical aid, then he would be in his 60s-70s... or so... would it be possible for him to have other special power or talent beside his strength..?

chapapa
July 09, 2007, 07:58 AM
hmm isnt't Whitebreard actually a giant - he's like 4 times taller than Shanks o.O
one of his Division commanders (not Marco but the other.. was it the 3rd div guy?) is quite big (as in 'enormous human') but he looks like a little boy next to him
and if he's a giant his remark about Shanks being 100 years early to tell him what to do makes perfect sense ;)
IMO his age has nothing to do with his health atm

bebekhappy
July 09, 2007, 09:10 AM
Errm... don't think that he's a giant, you can look from when his fight with Shanks...he's probably twice as Shanks size...it's just a bit confusing,i mean look at those three from Franky Family, they're big but compare to Oimoo n Kashii they're nothin'...then compare Moria to Oz...I think WB is just like them, he's just human but with supersized body.

Well... i do believe that he is the strongest, come on you can tell from the look. He is old, yes but that also mean he's got lots of experience. I think even Sengoku himslef would be in a very big trouble if he fight him, and that four geezers of the WG worried so much when they heard Shanks wants to meet with him, that should be the prove that he still hold the world strongest man's title.

neild
July 10, 2007, 09:43 PM
who is shirogihe guy are you talking about?the strongest guy in world government migh be sengoku.i agree with u,since he is the only 3 person left in gold d roger era, besides garp,and someone else.i forget

Luckas
July 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
Shirohige should be Whitebeard in japanese.

ryusuke_
July 11, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, it is.
(look, reading manga you learn japanese! reading this I learnt "hige" means "beard" xDD)

Well... there are still some Shichibukai unknown and people like Sengoku and others marines or Dragon haven't shown their powers. It's hard to choose the strongest one...

Impel Down
July 11, 2007, 07:52 PM
Well, Sengoku could just be the highest for tactical or political reasons, not necessarily because of his power. And Dragon hasn't been called powerful, just dangerous and influential. And I believe hige means beard or mustache, right?

fanatik
July 12, 2007, 11:15 AM
who is shirogihe guy are you talking about?
As Luckas said Shirohige is japanese for Whitebeard. Sorry, if it's not very understandable, I just can't bring myself to use English nickname because of this reason:

And I believe hige means beard or mustache, right?
Totaly right, one word contain 2 quite different meanings. And as we can clearly see, Edward "Shirohige" Newgate actually doesn't have any beard, but what he has is this crazy white moustache of his (he's probably very proud about it^^))) That's why I can't call him WhiteBEARD))))

Well... there are still some Shichibukai unknown and people like Sengoku and others marines or Dragon haven't shown their powers. It's hard to choose the strongest one...We know nothing about only one Shichibukai, right? All the rest are somewhat known, at least by names (though I really don't remember the name of the mermain guy we have yet to see). As for their powers, most of them yet have to be shown. Someday... But so far none of them except for Mihawk holds title of "best" in something, that's why I think Taka no Me (=Hawk's eye)))) is the strongest of them.

Well, Sengoku could just be the highest for tactical or political reasons, not necessarily because of his power. And Dragon hasn't been called powerful, just dangerous and influential.
Maybe, since we know next to nothing about real power of Sengoku. Though I think those who are responsible for political and tactical decisions are the 5 old guys formin' the World Government, and Marines are like executive power to them.

fanatik
July 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
I guess all these IVs are needed because due to his age (and affection for drinking alchohol))) he has something like high blood-pressure. His age is no less than 60 years, I believe, it's been 22 years since Roger was executed, and Roger looked like he was in his 40s at least.

And he's huge for a normal human, but he's not a giant, I believe. Maybe there's a race that is something in-between giants and normal human, like cross-breeding (don't ask me how it can be possible from the physical point of view x_x), that's why we have him and those from Franky Family.

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 04:46 PM
Or he can just be a very large man. The Russian Dog Boy had hair all over his face like a dog, but that doesn't mean he was "cross bred" with a dog! It seems that the ability to just "be large" is not as "one in a million" as it is on Earth, since the Kairiki Destroyers and Moria have that condition.

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 04:48 PM
He's just the best swordsman. I'm sure someone who isn't a swordsman can still defeat a swordsman, so they could still, potentially, defeat Mihawk, so he isn't the "strongest".

Paz42
July 12, 2007, 06:11 PM
He's just the best swordsman. I'm sure someone who isn't a swordsman can still defeat a swordsman, so they could still, potentially, defeat Mihawk, so he isn't the "strongest".

This still all comes down to how you define strongest as mihawk is the greatest sword man so he would be the strongest with a sword where as whitebeard could just be the strongest in physical strength so i dont really have an opinion on who is the strongest as i think its still white beard but his failing health will be his downfall

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 07:47 PM
Strongest/stronger would really just be detirmined in a fight, and I doubt the Shichibukai will fight amounst themselves, or that Mihawk will fight WB. Although, either of those things happening would be fantastic and I would hug Oda-sensei for such acts.

Xman
July 22, 2007, 08:36 PM
1st enel not because he is DF user because he is very smart he figuered many ways to late luffy many time he is guneis he can handle his DF very good and figuer many ways to handle things in no time.
2ns mihawk because of his sword.
3rd blackbeard because of his DF if u think in other things that darkness can do maybe u can find alot of things.
im saying this till now, because i havent seen any more power from other ppl that i can say its powerful like those 3 above.

kazamakj
July 27, 2007, 02:19 AM
I think the titles Strongest Pirate in the world, One of the Four Emperors in the new world, the man closest to One Piece is basically proof enough on how tough this old man is. Plus he's got a huge army of followers.

He's a gigantic man who moves fast I mean he blocked Shanks who if just based on body weight should be faster. And note he was swinging a Guan Tau halberd type weapon. I say he is currently the strongest but old battle wounds and age have caught up with him. I do want to know who gave him that scar on his chest though was it BB or Gold Roger.

MadFiqRidz
July 27, 2007, 02:21 AM
He still the strongest man in the world. But of course his health issues may affect him sometimes.

Impel Down
July 27, 2007, 09:36 AM
I think the titles Strongest Pirate in the world, One of the Four Emperors in the new world, the man closest to One Piece is basically proof enough on how tough this old man is. Plus he's got a huge army of followers.

He's a gigantic man who moves fast I mean he blocked Shanks who if just based on body weight should be faster. And note he was swinging a Guan Tau halberd type weapon. I say he is currently the strongest but old battle wounds and age have caught up with him. I do want to know who gave him that scar on his chest though was it BB or Gold Roger.

I think he was referring to Roger because Shanks was in his crew and he said that it made him remember who gave him the wound. Not only the strength thing, but his crew also said that to not be taken out by Shanks's aura, all your senses had to be on guard. Now, WB at the time was drunk and angry, so I doubt his senses were at their best, showing he can handle Shanks's massive energy, which is impressive, even more if his senses WERE heightened, while he was drunk and raving.

ikuroi
July 30, 2007, 10:13 AM
Dragon, Sengoku and Whitebeard.

MadFiqRidz
July 31, 2007, 06:03 AM
Probably Dragon. But its hard to decide seeing that all of this is still just an assumption

Impel Down
July 31, 2007, 07:28 AM
I doubt that Sengoku is really all that strong, despite all these hypothesizes. I mean, in an army, a general isn't general because he's the most powerful soldier, it's because he's worked his way up through the ranks and is a good strategist, which I'm guessing is the same for Sengoku.

kazamakj
August 02, 2007, 12:55 AM
He HAS escaped from Blackbeard and his crew. Admittedly, that was before Blackbeard ate the Yami Yami no Mi, but rest assured, if Luffy and Blackbeard were to fight now, Luffy would find a way to win. He always does.

Didn't Blackbeard steal the fruit kill his friend then ate it before escaping the whitebeards ship? No way to be sure but I would think that the minute he got the fruit he stuffed it into himself asap.

Strongest in one piece has to be measured in the fact that Oda mentioned (being closes to the One piece) so I say White Beard.

weird_h
August 08, 2007, 07:00 AM
who's the strongest?

well, judging by how garp can suddenly change his decision, even to capture his own gandson, I guess Sengoku can be considered as one of the strongest...

Shirohige held the title of strongest man on earth... but it just an given title... Maybe there's someone stronger than him....
The most likely candidate is sengoku from marines and dragon from revolution...

Imperium
August 08, 2007, 07:25 AM
^^^ i agree but there is also on more. Whitebeard, as he is the strongest living pirate i have to say that he is probably the strongest in the one piece universe.

weird_h
August 08, 2007, 08:10 AM
well, i did stated his name....

Shirohige = whitebeard....
jusat a different version of language....

Imperium
August 08, 2007, 06:30 PM
well, i did stated his name....

Shirohige = whitebeard....
jusat a different version of language....

:o, sorry then my mistake :p

matrice
August 09, 2007, 06:18 AM
It is obviously Withebeard: Oda himself said it. the true question is how much stronger than the others he is. I think that Shanks is possibly almost at the same level, and I will not underestimate Sengoku. The one that at the end will be the strongest will obviously be Luffy. Oh, and there is the question about Dragon's powers too...

Eyefarted2
August 14, 2007, 10:35 PM
gol d. rodger

Imitorar
August 14, 2007, 11:15 PM
gol d. rodger

Well yes, but I think the topic was meant to discuss the strongest living character in One Piece. And Roger is dead. (SPOILERZ! OH NOEZ!)

Impel Down
August 15, 2007, 10:43 AM
And there are people around now who were not around in Roger's time also, not to undermine Roger's power. And if Roger was so powerful, how was he caught? Shouldn't whoever caught him be the strongest man in the OP World?

Imitorar
August 15, 2007, 01:29 PM
And there are people around now who were not around in Roger's time also, not to undermine Roger's power. And if Roger was so powerful, how was he caught? Shouldn't whoever caught him be the strongest man in the OP World?

Whitebeard is considered the strongest man in the world, and him and Roger would tie whenever they fought, so I think it's safe to say that Roger is stronger then anyone around now, unless that person is stronger then Whitebeard too, but at the moment, I don't think anyone is, though I do think that Luffy will EVENTUALLY become stronger then Whitebeard, though that's a different discussion. And we don't know how Roger was captured. I doubt it was brute strength. He probably got tricked somehow. We don't know who caught him and how he was caught, so we can't assume that Roger was overpowered, meaning that we can't assume that his captor was stronger then him, and therefore, the strongest person in One Piece.

Impel Down
August 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
That's true, since there's also the fact that because of the massive amounts of Marines, he could have just been surrounded by their forces, forcing him to surrender.

But, here's the thing: Someone wouldn't have to be that powerful to truly kill either Roger or WB. If some weak-ass punk just shoots WB between the eyes and kills him, does that make him the Strongest Man in the World?

Imitorar
August 15, 2007, 04:06 PM
But, here's the thing: Someone wouldn't have to be that powerful to truly kill either Roger or WB. If some weak-ass punk just shoots WB between the eyes and kills him, does that make him the Strongest Man in the World?

Roger wasn't killed in battle, he was captured, so that would take some strength, or at least trickery. But you did use Whitebeard as the example... well, no. That person wouldn't be the strongest in the world. But Whitebeard is alive, assuming that Shanks didn't kill him. And I doubt that Oda-sensei would get rid of a character as important as Whitebeard (who is considered the strongest man in the world, and is a Yonkou, and one of the people who was arround in Rogers time, who even FOUGHT Roger MULTIPLE TIMES.) just like that.

Impel Down
August 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
I'm just pointing out how difficult it is to determine who the true "Strongest" is. If something like that, killing the old Strongest in a way that shows no strength, is it just popular opinion who the next Strongest is, or is the person who did the cheap shot automatically it any way?

Imitorar
August 15, 2007, 08:24 PM
Well, then I guess the second-strongest person in the world gets a promotion. In this case, probably one of the Yonkou. The 2 unknown ones may be stronger then Shanks, though I doubt it, because Shanks held his own against Whitebeard, so then Shanks would probably be the strongest man in the world, not the killer.

Impel Down
August 15, 2007, 08:32 PM
With the Yonkou and Shichibukai and such, there doesn't seem to be a way to rank who's stronger than another, so would the people of the world just...vote? Or would it be Shanks, because people have SEEN him tie with WB?

Imitorar
August 15, 2007, 09:44 PM
Bounties. I know that they tell your threat to the World Government, not your strength, but still, a high bounty means that you're pretty strong. I would say that whichever one of the Yonkou was second strongest, or if one of the Shichibukai happens to be stronger then the second strongest Yonkou, then that guy would become the strongest person in the world. We just don't know, so I assumed Shanks, because we saw him fight Whitebeard and hold his own, and because since he has ALOT of experience as a pirate, I figure that that might give him a bit of an edge. And he probably picked up a bit from Roger.

(Before anyone asks, I assume Buggy did too, but he didn't care because he only cared about treasure, not good fighting, and he probably got rusty or forgot while he was hanging around East Blue, the weakest sea, whereas Shanks only spent about a year there, so he didn't get too rusty.)

Impel Down
August 16, 2007, 08:37 AM
But Shanks also tied with Mihawk, but since he lost his good arm, he's weaker, so by that logic, would the people of the world appoint Mihawk as both the Greatest Swordsman AND the World's Strongest?

Choosing the Strongest Man in the world of OP is a slippery slope.

Imitorar
August 16, 2007, 10:50 AM
Shanks and Mihawk haven't fought in a long time. Shanks might be able to hold his own even without the arm he lost. I'm not saying that Shanks WOULD automatically be the strongest, I just guessed him, because he tied with the current strongest, just like Whitebeard is the strongest now and he always tied with Roger. One of the Shichibukai or other Yonkou may be stronger then Shanks, but weaker then Whitebeard or something, I don't know. Shanks was just a guess on my part, I'm not saying that he's canonically the second strongest guy in One Piece.

Musashi_Keiji
August 18, 2007, 03:10 PM
Alright here it goes:

1. Dragon
why?: He's the biggest threat to the WG, as a revolutionary directly working against the WG. Other than him the only person to do such a thing is Luffy. He controls the freaken weather, which include, wind, rain, snow, lighting, making it unbareably hot, humid, arid, etc.

2. Blackbeard
Why?: The way his power of darkness works. He's basically a living black hole and can create it bigger. He can nullify devil fruit powers. Unfortunately because he absorbs everything, attacks are more dangerous to him. But isn't that how the most power techniques are? So powerful it even harms the user?

3. God Eneru
Why?: what makes him so special from other elemental power users like Ace and Aokiji? The fact that Eneru is insane. He doesn't want to be king, take over the world or anything like that. He straight up wants to OWN the moon(remember he considers the moon more important than earth) as God. Above his electrical power he can use techniques such as the mantra. He can mold weapons out of metal, have them super heated while fighting. Using the mantra he can locate someone far away and send a lethal shock, vaporizing them. Using his ship/weapon which from the looks of it I would say would be on the level as one of the weapons such as Pluton, he can create a huge Electrical cloud and vaporize an island. Why isn't he first? Dragon using his power can nullify and beat eneru, by summoning rain, remember water short circuits electricity. Blackbeards power can nullify devil fruits. Although if Eneru is smart he could use his mantra and just kill them from 20miles away lol.

4/5(tie) White Beard:
Why?: considering his reputation and past he said to be the strongest man alive (physically or in general, not sure). Fought many times with Gol D. Roger himself. Also Apparently he hasn't shown any signs of devil fruit power. To be that strong without a power is very impressive. Tie with Garp.

4/5 (tie) Monkey D. Garp:
Why?: Basically the same as Whitebeard. Legendary marine. Cornered and chased Roger many times. He's so strong that his punch actually harms Luffy. Also no apparent devil fruit power. Really him and Whitebeard seem tied.

6/7(tie) Mihawk and Shanks:
Why?: Shanks has no fruit power, and from the way he attacked Whitebeard recently with 1 arm and sword he is clearly very strong. Mihawk the greatest swordsman alive. why are they down on 6/7? Because they are relatively younger than Garp and Whitebeard. That's my only reason really. They should be about tied with them.

All others such as Ace, Smoker, Aokiji, CP9, etc. most of them are too evened out amongst each other to really be given a certain rank. Even in the top 7 i made there are ties.

IgnorantSage
August 19, 2007, 09:08 AM
1. Dragon
why?: He's the biggest threat to the WG, as a revolutionary directly working against the WG. Other than him the only person to do such a thing is Luffy. He controls the freaken weather, which include, wind, rain, snow, lighting, making it unbareably hot, humid, arid, etc.

While he is indeed the biggest threat to the WG, this does not automatically make him the strongest person in OP both in terms of individual power or the power of the crew/revolutionaries he commands.
In individual power , although there is a good chance that he really does control the wind (or weather), this has not been confirmed yet.
In terms of the power of revolutionaries, the WG still trumps them. It only happens that the WG forces are spread more thinly than the revolutionaries but if both groups have a battle in a single place using their full forces, I doubt the revolutionaries stand much chance.

4/5 (tie) Monkey D. Garp:
Why?: Basically the same as Whitebeard. Legendary marine. Cornered and chased Roger many times. He's so strong that his punch actually harms Luffy.
It was a fist of love!!! XD
Even Nami's punches could hurt Luffy, and has done more damage than Garp's punch.

Impel Down
August 19, 2007, 11:31 AM
Nami's punches hurt Luffy, because they were fists of Love! And I admit, Garp does have immense physical strength, although, we really haven't seen the extent of WB's power. But, with Garp, that brings up another point I'd like to make about the Strongest: Whitebeard said that there were only a few people around now with the power from Roger's day, and Garp and Sengoku were two of them. So, I'm guessing the two of them could be candidates for next Strongest, excluding Luffy, of course.

smellyCheese
August 19, 2007, 02:59 PM
Pooo this is hard.. for mt it's
1)White Beard
2)Black Beard - Darkness power
3)Enel

Impel Down
August 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
But, Enel was defeated, so wouldn't it be

1)WB
2)BB
3)Luffy ?

weird_h
August 19, 2007, 03:37 PM
Didn't Garp say it himself that he has gotten a lot weaker due to his old age...
I think that even that he can beat luffy now, he's nowhere near current top 10 of stronges guy in OP world...

smellyCheese
August 19, 2007, 06:07 PM
But, Enel was defeated, so wouldn't it be

1)WB
2)BB
3)Luffy ?

Luffy is the exeption, as he 'will" become the king of the pirates therefore he will be Number '0', and he was made of rubber, and Even oda said that Enel would surpass most of the 7 warlords of the sea..

Impel Down
August 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
But Luffy told Enel that he wouldn't last against the people in the Grand Line, so I doubt he would go on a total rampage. Lucci would probably put on some rubber gloves and beat the shit out of him.

Imitorar
August 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
Assuming that Lucci's alive. But either way, I doubt Enel could take out the Yonkou, and the Shichibukai, not to mention the rest of the Marines. And Oda-sensei may have said that Enel was stronger then the Shichibukai, but I think he meant any individual Shichibukai. Not all remaining 6 at once. That would be nearly impossible for anyone, Enel included.

smellyCheese
August 20, 2007, 05:56 AM
ah, no when i said most of Shichibukai, i mean one on one not 6 on 1, no way then enel beat all of them. But i still think that he has one of the best devil fruit power, it makes him immune to almost everything except rubber..

ha!, Lucci with rubber gloves! LOL, great idea! Zoro with rubber covers over his sword!

Impel Down
August 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Well, with the Shichibukai, we can't really gauge their power very effectively, and even with the ones that we can, they are immensely powerful on their own. There are three Shichibukai so far we know nothing about, one that we know is considered a Strongest in his own category, and the other is also very powerful so far, and is whoopin' Luffy a little bit right now.

Anax
August 21, 2007, 09:43 AM
First of all, to simply answer the question the way I see it: "There is no strongest character".

At first I was about to agree with Jammer's thoughtful and realistic approach, when I realized that One Piece is just too far from being realistic. It's true that in a fighting manga the power levels at any given time are important, and it's logical to assume that the mangaka himself probably keeps charts. Personally, though, I assume the stats always shift as time in the One Piece universe is passing and the world is changing.

Now, my main argument is, "strength is relative". One Piece isn't an RPG with elemental affinities and "levels", even though it closely resembles one. In an RPG one element will prevail over the other, unless the inferior element surpasses by far the dominant in level. For example a lighter (Lvl. 1) VS an iceberg (Lvl.99) or an ice cube (Lvl.1) VS a flame thrower (Lvl.45). Still, One Piece is a shounen manga, and such rules can be bended! If the lighter has enough drive, if it has purpose and if it is important to the story, it will melt the iceberg... and no one will think twice about it! Just like Shanks lost an arm to a sea king that not many volumes later Luffy could gomu-gomu-no-Pistoru to oblivion, and yet he is still considered powerful by characters all over the One Piece universe. At that point in time Shanks had to lose an arm for a small dose of tragedy and a sea king was the means to it, however silly that may sound now that we've seen Shanks knock out Shirohige's whole crew just with his presence.

Of course, you can see this from another perspective: Strength is always relative! Every individual character has strong and weak moments. Sanji obliterated Absalom because he was in his Will o' wisp of love mode! Who can honestly say what would have happened in another place, some other time? Gold Roger could have been in the latest stages of cancer when he was caught for all we know.

Reputation is another element that needs to be considered. 'Bad guys' are always introduced in a way that makes them seem like a huge obstacle the main characters will have to overcome. For example Axe-Hand Morgan was feared by the marines he commanded, as well as the people of Shell Town but now he is a joke, just as Don Krieg was feared in East Blue but was a nobody in the grand line, having been defeated along with his fleet of 5,000 ships single handedly by Mihawk. As the story progresses, new 'bad guys' will always be introduced in an atmosphere of awe, but they won't always maintain their status, as the story progresses and the other characters perform feats of increasing magnitude.
Mihawk single handedly disposed of a fleet of 5,000 ships -by no means an easy feat- and yet it's typical for such exagerations to happen in shounen manga, without the event necessarily being a measure of the character's reputed or actual (if still relative) strength. Zoro wiped out a mere(!) 100 people and was given a nickname for it. Later on he will defeat Mihawk, but that doesn't mean he'll wipe out 5,000 ships by himself.

Lastly, strength is relative because it can have lots of meanings. Shirohige might be the strongest man in the world in terms of physical strength (and by looking at him, I'd say one of his parents was a giant >.>), Mihawk could be the strongest swordsman, Ussop the 'strongest' liar, Luffy might have the strongest spirit or drive etc. If your definition of the strongest character is, "the one who can defeat any other character in the One Piece universe at any given time, in any given place", I simply don't think such a person exists!

Impel Down
August 21, 2007, 01:58 PM
Mihawk also took on pretty weak pirates, they were trapped in a storm, they didn't really understand who he was, and: He's Mihawk. Of course he's going to defeat 5,000 normal men! Hell, he could take out the entire army of Enies Lobby (sans CP9)

Imitorar
August 21, 2007, 08:18 PM
And Shanks wasn't trying to fight the Sea King when his arm was bitten off. He was just trying to save Luffy. Luffy WAS trying to fight. And besides, that was 10 years ago. Shanks was strong even back then, but he couldn't have brought almost all of Whitebeard's crew to their knees with his mere presence. He's stronger now. Now, maybe he wouldn't lose that arm. And Luffy was a joke then too. You can't use Romance Dawn to prove strength. But I agree with the gist of your post: there is no guy in One Piece who would beat anyone, anywhere, anywhen.

Except Luffy, who always beats his opponent in the end. He'll always get up and fight until he wins. But he still has to progress against some opponents as he fights them to do that, he can't do it effortlessly. That I'll agree to.

Anax
August 22, 2007, 03:39 AM
Except Luffy, who always beats his opponent in the end. He'll always get up and fight until he wins. But he still has to progress against some opponents as he fights them to do that, he can't do it effortlessly. That I'll agree to.

My opinion is that even by the end of the series, not even Luffy will be that man, simply because he won't have to fight everyone. Just like he didn't have to fight Perona. Yes she was a joke character, yes she was there only to boost Ussop's coolness, no Luffy couldn't have prevailed against her. How about Mr.1? Zoro had to learn how to cut metal to win against him, what would have Luffy done? Being sliced is his reputed weakness, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a "what if" side topic here, after all the thread starter merely wanted to see who we think is the strongest character in the One Piece universe, and I've already answered for myself. What I'm trying to do, is further explain why I said what I said. One Piece is a fighting manga and so far Oda has made it so each character fights someone they are "compatible" with. From my perspective Luffy is always meant to fight the strongest character in a group, but that character is in turn made with him in mind, so that an interesting fight will occur.

Luffy isn't truly cut out to win against anyone in the world. He needs his nakama.

That's what I believe.

Imitorar
August 22, 2007, 04:30 PM
Valid point, he does need his crew or he'll die. He said exactly that when he fought Arlong, after Arlong laughed at his attempts to use swords, and Luffy responded with "Of course I can't use a sword!" But he COULD have beaten Pelona (Gomu Gomu no Baka) and Mr. 1 (Gear 3rd. By the way, I know I'm pushing his abilities in this sentence, don't start calling me out on that. I know that both of these suggestions are sort of long shots.). Just not then. He does need his crew, but I don't know if it's for their fighting skills. He said that there were weak people in his crew, and that was why he had to protect them all. He needs his crews survival skills, but I'm not sure if he needs their fighting skills. But your points are good points, really. When I think through it all, maybe Luffy could defeat all the major opponents so far, but it's not a sure thing. He'll probably never be able to beat anyone. He'll always fight the strongest opponent, and he'll always prevail in the end, but that doesn't mean that he could beat anyone, simply due to their different strengths and abilities and personalities. So I guess you're right, overall. After all, it's not like you have to be able to win in all situations to be Pirate King. Roger obviously lost in at least one situation. I guess you just have to be able to win in MOST situations, and have impressive deeds and adventures to your name. That's what piracy in One Piece is all about really, risking your life for glory and the pursuit of adventure. How Viking.

Impel Down
August 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
Oda-sensei did love vikings.

And of course Luffy isn't going to fight every single person, but he will fight the strong ones. I'm pretty sure Crocodile was stronger than Mr. 1, and Enel could defeat Ohm, and that Moria could defeat Perona, so those are the only ones he needs to fight.

Imitorar
August 23, 2007, 12:41 AM
See, that was one of the nice things about DBZ, at least the Saiyan, Namek, and Frieza Sagas. You knew exactly who was stronger then who, because people with scouters would announce it every so often. It did stop when Freeza transformed halfway into his second form and said that his power level was over 1,000,000, (right before he gored Krillin), but it was nice while it lasted. My point: One Piece oughta get a few guys with scouters to avoid all this arguing. Toriyama-sensei had the right idea. See, nobody argued over which CP9 member was stronger then which, because FUKUROU ALREADY ANNOUNCED IT. It'd be nice if that happened a bit more often. And the one thing that DOES get mentioned periodically and IS trackable, namely, bounties, should not be used to measure a characters strength because they were not designed with that use in mind, according to Oda-sensei himself.

And I know that Oda-sensei likes Vikings. (And based the giants off of them, it's quite obvious.) That's how I came up with the idea that Luffy represents the Viking idea of "adventure and glory" piracy, whereas Bellamy represents the other "gold and rum" type of pirates. (For those who don't know, I use those two as the champions of the opposing ideologies of the meaning of piracy, based on jabbament's One Piece preview here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=478270#post478270).

Impel Down
September 02, 2007, 12:16 PM
Well, but the thing is in OP, they make it pretty clear who's the strongest of all of them. The fact that they all followed Lucci, he protected Luffy, the story of him when he was a kid, and all that showed that he was the strongest, it wasn't totally nessicary for them to show his power level. It was just a way to demonstrate the power of the CP9. And with captains to crew mates, as well as reputations and such, it shows who's strong and who's not. Having it be clear who's stronger and such not isn't really very realistic, which I like about OP kinda.

Imitorar
September 02, 2007, 04:00 PM
True, but at least we wouldn't have people who think that Aokiji is the strongest in the world, when for all we know, one of the other Admirals could be, and Whitebeard IS and the other Yonkou and the Shichibukai are probably around equal with him. My point is, while it's obvious who's the strongest among the villains group (Who actually thought that Kuromarimo or Chess was stronger then Wapol? Or Hatchan was stronger then Arlong? Or Ohm stronger then Enel? Or Mr. 1 stronger then Crocodile? The list goes on, but I'm not gonna go through them all) it'd be nice to know who's the strongest among the non-villains. While it would make the series a but unrealistic and predictable and too ordered to have "power levels" to analyze (that's the reason Toriyama-sensei stopped doing it in Dragon Ball) it would at least stop people coming up with some truly ludicrous opinions, such as some that I've seen in this thread. But you're right, it will probably never happen, and overall, it probably is better that way.

Impel Down
September 02, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well, part of the idea behind the high-up titles is just to show to the reader how powerful someone is. And since each one of those you mentioned were the "captain" or whatever of the others, that also shows to the reader that they were stronger, that and their reputation.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 05:16 AM
Mihawk used to spar with shanks,

WB is the strongest in the world, but shanks fights him with 1 arm and they are equal..

Mihawk doesnt even try to fight shanks anymore coz he lost a arm

so

shanks = wb

mihawk > shanks/wb?

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 06:07 AM
i think Zoro will become the strongest one in fighting ability, since he trains alot and luffy doesnt train at all..

MDLatqp
October 12, 2007, 07:12 AM
Nope, sorry. Mihawk is definitely a more proficient swordsman, but that doesn't make him stronger overall. Since Oda's said it, that's the way it is; Whitebeard is the strongest in the entire world. And Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world (for now), so that's how it stacks up. If they fought, then Whitebeard would win (assuming that's what Oda means by strongest, which I'm pretty sure it does).

Impel Down
October 12, 2007, 07:29 AM
Well, WB isn't as strong as we was, of course, but against Mihawk, he could certainly engage him in a good fight. It's not like WB's really a swordsman, though. He wasn't even using a sword against Shanks.

And you can't say that WB and Shanks are totally equal just because they blocked each other's swords. I'm sure in a real fight they'd do more.

Impel Down
October 12, 2007, 07:31 AM
I'm sure Luffy trains, and he's always designing new styles and whatnot too.

And Zoro only really has one kind of "fighting ability" and it's his goal to be the "Strongest Swordsman" anyway, so he can be strongest in that regard.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 08:45 AM
but shanks is a emperor , and mihawk doesnt even want to spar/train with him becouse he lost a arm , so that makes mihawk alot stronger, and shanks and white beard seemed equal to me :eyeroll

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
well in power they are equal anyway

Luffy Needed gear 2 to defeat blueno 800 doreki
Zorro battled kaku withoud buffs = 2200 doriki withoud his DF power
Zoro blasted kaku away like it was nothing with his gorilla muscle pumping = gear 3rd
zoro defeated kaku in 1 hit when he used asura , = gear 2th and 3th doubled

Luffy defeated lucci with 4000 doreki after a long fight and with alot of gears and he was totally up in the end

while zoro wasnt badly damaged after beating kaku in 1 hit with asure :)

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 10:22 AM
You're forgetting that Lucci's Doriki was almost DOUBLE Kaku's. Luffy was fighting an opponent twice as strong as Zoro's, with more mastery of Rokushiki, and a more dangerous Devil Fruit. (Kaku was very creative with his abilities, but I still think that a leopard is more of a threat then a giraffe, even a cleverly-used giraffe.) Zoro could not have beaten Lucci, Asura or not. Though that probably has less to do with strength, and more to do with the fact that Zoro could never keep up with Rokushiki on Lucci's level. Could he break Lucci's Tekkai? Could he follow Lucci's speed with Soru? Luffy was strong enough to beat a much stronger opponent, AND he had the ability to match that opponents attacks so that Lucci wouldn't run rings around him. Ability to match a stronger opponent+strength to match a stronger opponent=stronger.

And you're also forgetting that Luffy was actually even with Blueno before he used Gear 2nd, and once he did use Gear, he crushed Blueno in about a minute. He probably could have won without Gear 2nd. He just didn't have the time. I'm betting you now that in Gear, Luffy could beat Zoro in Asura. I'm not gonna say it would be easy, but Luffy's stronger and faster, so he would win.

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
No, Mihawk won't fight Shanks because he feels it's dishonorable to fight a guy with one arm. It has nothing to do with strength. And they probably aren't completely even anymore, you know, it's been a while since they've sparred together. Shanks has become a Yonkou, and Mihawk a Shichibukai since then, so one may be stronger then the other now. And Shanks and Whitebeard matched blows ONCE. So Shanks could last against Whitebeard for a little while, at least, in a real fight. Which makes sense, because Shanks IS a Yonkou, even if he isn't the strongest man in the world and Whitebeard is. But in a real fight, Whitebeard would probably overpower Shanks over time. Whitebeard is stronger and can sustain that level of fighting for longer, Shanks cannot. Shanks would be unable to keep expending that much strength after a while, while Whitebeard would still be able to. You can't prove anything from the one blow we saw them trade, except that the gap between them isn't gapingly huge. It may not be that big, but there is definitely a gap. In Whitebeard's favor.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
luffy cant beat a oponent thats 3 times stronger then blueno in 1 hit , gear or not :D

but few things

when he hired zoro for his crew, zorro said he would kill him if luffy would hinder him in becoming the strongest swordsman ,

several people asked themselves why he wasnt the captain with such power

these are hints of oda what would refer zoro > luffy in combat

body strenght they are equal, but zoro is more skilled

when zoro and luffy were brainwashed , zoro won also

and im also wondering why u people say zoro cant keep up with soru, becouse he could keep easely up with soru of kaku :)

and at sanji and zoro, in the movie zoro owned sanji, and in OP serie 223 sanji kicked zoro but it didnt had any effect.. :)

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 12:14 PM
well shanks is also a sword fighter, and mihawk is worlds BEST swordsman

so mihawk > shanks

i still think shanks and WB are equal,

and since WB was equal with gol D roger

mihawk > gol d roger ? :P

AgentSmith
October 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
Id put my money on Eneru. Luffy beating him was just dumb (i am prety sure melted gold would burn rubber in a few sec). Plus Eneru can self revive, he is as fast as lightning and can kill anything with a heart. He would turn Crocodile into glass, Aokiji would probably be a draw, Lucci couldnt hit Eneru cos he cna read minds etc.

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 12:28 PM
No. Just no. There is no way that Mihawk is even EQUAL to Roger, let alone stronger. And Mihawk being the best swordsman means in a technical sense. He fights with pure swordsmanship. Shanks isn't really a swordsman, he just fights with a sword. There is a subtle difference. Mihawk may be the better swordsman, but Shanks may be the better fighter. He may have more strength. More cleverness. More crazy random tricks. Just less ability to execute complicated sword moves. Mihawk is a better swordsman then Shanks, but as to who is the better FIGHTER, I would say that we can't know. One is a Yonkou, the other a Shichibukai, so they are both very good fighters, but which is actually better is unknown, since we haven't seen them fight and don't really have another method of comparing them.

And you didn't read what I wrote about that one clash between Whitebeard and Shanks not proving anything, did you? It's like in Dragon Ball when Goku was fighting Frieza, before he became a Super Saiyan. Goku was able to match Frieza at first, but over time, he couldn't sustain that level of strength, and Frieza still could. Frieza could keep fighting at that level, or pushing himself higher, and Goku couldn't. It's the same thing here. Shanks can match Whitebeard in the opening clash, but that doesn't mean that as a fight wore on, he wouldn't tire out faster then Whitebeard, or Whitebeard wouldn't be able to push himself farther then Shanks could. Shanks can't sustain a level of strength that can match Whitebeard for too long, and Whitebeard can sustain that level of strength, because Whitebeard is stronger. That's what it means when it says that he's the strongest man in the world. Think what you want, but Oda-sensei says that he is at this point in time, and he is right and you are wrong, because he is the creator of One Piece, and thus what he says is canon is inarguably canon.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 12:37 PM
No. Just no. There is no way that Mihawk is even EQUAL to Roger, let alone stronger. And Mihawk being the best swordsman means in a technical sense. He fights with pure swordsmanship. Shanks isn't really a swordsman, he just fights with a sword. There is a subtle difference. Mihawk may be the better swordsman, but Shanks may be the better fighter. He may have more strength. More cleverness. More crazy random tricks. Just less ability to execute complicated sword moves. Mihawk is a better swordsman then Shanks, but as to who is the better FIGHTER, I would say that we can't know. One is a Yonkou, the other a Shichibukai, so they are both very good fighters, but which is actually better is unknown, since we haven't seen them fight and don't really have another method of comparing them.

And you didn't read what I wrote about that one clash between Whitebeard and Shanks not proving anything, did you? It's like in Dragon Ball when Goku was fighting Frieza, before he became a Super Saiyan. Goku was able to match Frieza at first, but over time, he couldn't sustain that level of strength, and Frieza still could. Frieza could keep fighting at that level, or pushing himself higher, and Goku couldn't. It's the same thing here. Shanks can match Whitebeard in the opening clash, but that doesn't mean that as a fight wore on, he wouldn't tire out faster then Whitebeard, or Whitebeard wouldn't be able to push himself farther then Shanks could. Shanks can't sustain a level of strength that can match Whitebeard for too long, and Whitebeard can sustain that level of strength, because Whitebeard is stronger. That's what it means when it says that he's the strongest man in the world. Think what you want, but Oda-sensei says that he is at this point in time, and he is right and you are wrong, because he is the creator of One Piece, and thus what he says is canon is inarguably canon.

then why marco and that other big guy next to WB offered WB help? :tem
[hr]
and well, im not saying gol d roger and mihawk are equal, im saying mihawk is stronger :P

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 12:44 PM
How do you know that Luffy couldn't bean an opponent 3 times stronger then Blueno in one hit? (Oh, and Zoro didn't beat Kaku in one hit. THERE WAS A WHOLE FIGHT BEFORE THAT SLASH. He landed a really strong attack that finished Kaku. The fact that Kaku had suffered alot of damage throughout the fight probably contributed to that. Asura didn't finish Kaku when he was at full strength.)

And now, in order...

Zoro saying he would kill Luffy at the beginning proves nothing. That was then. The beginning of the series. They've gotten stronger since then. When they fought at Whiskey Peak it was a tie, yet Luffy was too stuffed to move for most of it, and that was then. Things have changed a abit over the last 350 or so chapters. And Zoro didn't even know how strong Luffy was when he said that. That line was to establish Zoro's character, which it did very well. Not to say that Zoro is stronger. And Zoro isn't the captain because it takes more then strength, it takes leadership skills. Luffy can keep the crew bound together, can fight for all their dreams, can make the big decisions that need to be made. Zoro can't do that as well.

Zoro is more skilled? At what? Swords, yes. But fighting? Who says that Zoro is an all around better fighter then Luffy? Luffy is very skilled at fighting, and is extremely creative, and is extremely skilled at using the Gum Gum fruit to its full potential. He's plenty skilled. Just at hands-free fighting with a rubber body, as opposed to fighting with three katana.

When were Luffy and Zoro brainwashed?

Lucci's Soru would be faster then Kaku's, because Lucci has a higher Doriki.

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 01:37 PM
They weren't offering to help him, they were offering to deal with Shanks FOR him, because Shanks wasn't worth Whitebeard's time, in their eyes.

And I said there was no way Mihawk was EVEN equal to Roger, and certainly no way that he's stronger then Roger was.

MDLatqp
October 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
Really quickly, the brainwashing-reference was from the memory-loss island (i totally don't remember what it was called). Both Luffy and Zoro lost their memories, and proceeded to have a little duel. The end result was Luffy not fighting seriously, and TEMPORARILY getting trapped under a boulder (that incidentally only restrained him for a few minutes). Zoro didn't WIN that 'fight' since they weren't really fighting.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
but that guy called zoro the ''superior swordsman'' and zoro slashed down luffy 2 times

Impel Down
October 13, 2007, 08:17 AM
...are you calling fillers canonical?

Impel Down
October 13, 2007, 08:19 AM
Mihawk is not in the same class as Roger, even if he is world-renowned. And Mihawk probably doesn't even fight non-swordsman in one-on-one fights, although he does seem to take out large crowds of lackeys.

And again, Whitebeard is not as strong as he was, so Roger is probably stronger than WB is now, technically speaking, thus, even if Mihawk was as strong as WB, he'd be weaker than Roger.

DutchPhoenix
October 13, 2007, 08:41 AM
no but it could've been hints from oda :P

Impel Down
October 13, 2007, 09:51 AM
In the logbooks he writes, he shows Luffy and Zoro as having the same level of power: 6/6.

MDLatqp
October 13, 2007, 12:55 PM
but that guy called zoro the ''superior swordsman'' and zoro slashed down luffy 2 times

...of course he's the "superior swordsman" as Luffy doesn't use them.

And so what if Zoro slashed Luffy twice? He didn't win that fight.

And MOST importantly, it's filler, it's not canonical, and therefore doesn't count. And that also means Oda wouldn't put hints in it.

Absolutio
October 13, 2007, 01:22 PM
In the logbooks he writes, he shows Luffy and Zoro as having the same level of power: 6/6.

the level of power is more like a potential than real power. 6/6 is the potential to become one of the strongest people in the OP universe.

And this filler arc was lame anyways.. Doesn't really count as part of the storyline.
Do the anime-staff are the ones who make the fillers? Probably they do, coz Oda would've think of somethings way better than what they did.

MDLatqp
October 13, 2007, 01:50 PM
I've always thought that Oda kinda just says "OK" or "That's lame" once the storyboards for the fillers are done (or at some other point in the development of a filler), and that he's not really involved in the initial creative process. Donno though.

The Boff
October 13, 2007, 03:59 PM
I just wanted to say that you guys are about 60.000.000 miles off topic right now.

and another thing id like to say is that youre not even almost following the original post.
just take a look at it, look at the bold sentence.

2. Aokiji/Ice Power
3. Ace/Fire Power
4. CP9 Members
5. Mihawk/Swordman
6. Blackbeard/???
7. Whitebeard/???

How you think ?

so get your a**es back on topic.

(im not a mod anymore, why do i care? :blink)

Impel Down
October 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
Alright, I'll respond to that: One can use seastone against him and inflict a fatal wound that's not as heal-able as stopping his heart, like chopping off his head or stabbing an organ.

Lucci or a CP9 could wear rubber on their hand and shigan him to death.

A different inductor besides rubber could be used.

Someone could find away past his mantra and kill him.

Kuma could throw him into Hell or the ocean.

So yes, people besides the SHs can defeat Enel. As Luffy said, he wouldn't be able to stand up to the people of the Grand Line.

MDLatqp
October 13, 2007, 07:13 PM
Or, we could REALLY stay on topic and respond to the question "Who's the most strongest guy in op?"

Easy, Whitebeard.

Ok, thread's done. What do you want to talk about now?

My point is that we gotta talk about somethin, so don't get too down on us.

Impel Down
October 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
Hey, don't steal my fake answering from a few pages back!...it hurts me when you do that.

And quick question that pertains to the thread: Who's stronger in terms of physical strength? Oz or Whitebeard?

Imitorar
October 13, 2007, 10:06 PM
Oz, I'd say. He has a super-strong body, and an extremely strong soul. But he's not a man, so Whitebeard's title is safe, and even so, Oz is sort of a special case anyway...

Sorata
October 14, 2007, 03:07 AM
Are you guys insane, Oz is strong but not that strong, Zoro was able to parry his attack, Whitebeard cut the sky in half, i think there is no doubt on who has more phisical strength.
And in One Piece when they say "the strongest" is really the strongest, Whitebeard is stronger than any monster, creature or living-dead in One Piece world.

Impel Down
October 14, 2007, 08:25 AM
And in One Piece when they say "the strongest" is really the strongest, Whitebeard is stronger than any monster, creature or living-dead in One Piece world.

His title is Strongest Man in the World. That means humans. Hell, Oz wasn't even human when he was alive.

And with Whitebeard, cutting the sky in half is not a show of physical strength, since it was aura and swordsmanship.

Absolutio
October 14, 2007, 09:02 AM
but i'm pretty sure WB could've blocked ozz's punch without breaking a sweat too..

Sorata
October 14, 2007, 09:21 AM
Agree, and Whitebeard cuting the sky was a strength test, those guys(Whitebeard, Shanks or Mihawk) are in a total different level from guys like Oz.

Impel Down
October 14, 2007, 09:49 AM
To be fair, Oz did smash a roof of solid steel with one punch, but I guess Whitebeard can probably do shit like that too.

Shanks and Mihawk, though, they're strong, but not really in terms of physical strength.

Absolutio
October 14, 2007, 10:18 AM
well.. if shanks blocked WB's attack and was even with him in that strike, that means he has lots of physical strength too..

Impel Down
October 14, 2007, 10:32 AM
In all fairness, WB was focusing all his power on his senses since Shanks arrived, not to mention that Shanks had a massive aura that could cause actual impact to his surrounding, also taking into affect his skills as a swordsman, it wasn't all physical strength that blocked that blow.

Sorata
October 14, 2007, 10:49 AM
I really can´t understand what you are talking about, if you are talking about the "aura" thing of Shanks that made WB men fall that is just his power showing off, and when i mean power=speed, strength, technique and impact strength, it´s the same thing in the other 1000 shonen action manga, it´s the power of your spirit, and only the strong can have that kind of spirit, Oz and Luffy are strong and many people fear them, but no one fear the to them point of passing out(like Shanks or Whitebeard), i don´t know if you were talking about this, but Shanks and WB cutting the sky had none to do with the aura Shanks showed in the beggining(when he entered WB boat), the aura is like a materialization of ones power.

Impel Down
October 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
Power and Strength can mean many things, I agree, but when I had Oz and WB, I specified physical strength.

And Shanks's aura was shown to actually be something that can affect his surroundings, so I don't see why it can't strengthen his attacks to his skills, to a degree where he can block/create slashes capable of splitting far away clouds.

Absolutio
October 14, 2007, 12:45 PM
i say son-goku is the strongest.. and his aura of ki can affect the surroundings too.. :p =D

Stay on topic

AgentSmith
October 15, 2007, 07:52 AM
Whitebeard and Shanks are definitely strong but i think you are forgetting Blackbeard who has an awesome(although i little to convenient) Df ability and Shanks was afraid of him and went to WB to warn him of BB. IMHO that implys BB is so strong that he can be dangerous even to WB. But we cant rely predict all to well because we still need to see all the Shikibukai, the 2 admirals, the third pirate in the New World and Dragoon. On a lighter note Orohime is the strongest she can just reject the whole universe :)

Sorata
October 15, 2007, 07:56 AM
I agree with you, in my oppinion One Piece´s final boss will be Blackbeard, but i think right now he is not stronger than WB(Oda said that WB is the strongest man), but in the future he will probably be.

Atze-Peng
October 15, 2007, 08:04 AM
If u mean the best fighter (and not the physical strongest) I would say its Monkey D. Dragon.
Then there is Whitbeard, Shanks, Blackbeard & Mihawk.

Impel Down
October 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
I don't think we have enough info on Dragon to know if he's really strong or not. Just that he's "dangerous" or that he's the Revolution's leader doesn't show his power. It's not like Hitler was the strongest man in Germany, he was just influential, much like Dragon probably is, although he probably does have some crazy-ass powers too.

Sorata
October 15, 2007, 08:26 AM
We are talking about One Piece, and in One Piece the leaders are the strongest man, and Dragon is probably strong as hell, and please when Oda said that WB is the strongest man in the world is not because of is great strength, speed or sword skills, is because no one in the entire One Piece world can beat him, it doesn´t mather if his opponent is made of fire, lightning or use mantra or other special abbility, in the One Piece world no one can beat WB period. And Oda already said that there is another ways(besides natural weekness´s and the sea metal) to beat Lugia users, so even if Ace is made of fire he don´t stand a chance against guys like WB, Mihawk or Shanks.

Imitorar
October 15, 2007, 12:37 PM
Blackbeard could probably beat Whitebeard, but not because he's strong, because of the Dark Dark Fruit. Not because he's got more actual strength. And Dragon is certainly very strong, but stronger then the Yonko? Stronger then some of the Shichibukai? You can't say that for certain. He's certainly strong, but you can't say that he's as strong as a Yonko, not until we at least see what his power really is. And who says Whitebeard can't be beaten? He can. He is the strongest in strength, but that doesn't mean that in a fight that doesn't depend on strength that much, he can't be beaten. I don't think that in One Piece, "strongest" refers to his total power, like in, say Dragon Ball. It means in actual physical strength. He can be beaten. But not in a fight that depends totally or heavily on physical strength. And where did you see that Oda-sensei said that there are ways to beat Logia users other then Seastone and natural weaknesses of the element?

MDLatqp
October 15, 2007, 03:22 PM
Ok, Imitorar, gotta disagree with you man. When Oda says strongest, what he most likely means is who would win in a fight. That's ALWAYS been the definition of the word "strength" in One Piece. Whenever the word is used in conversation, it's not talking about bench presses, it's talking about winning fights. Whitebeard is the strongest until we are told otherwise, and that means he could, and would, beat ANY opponent in ANY fight. End of story.

Though I too am curious about Sorata's comment with regard to beating Logia users. When and where did Oda say that? And what precisely, did he say??

Absolutio
October 15, 2007, 04:23 PM
Well.. there is this rumor (or fact?) that Mihawk's sword for example,can cut elements.
[hr]

We are talking about One Piece, and in One Piece the leaders are the strongest man, and Dragon is probably strong as hell, and please when Oda said that WB is the strongest man in the world is not because of is great strength, speed or sword skills, is because no one in the entire One Piece world can beat him, it doesn´t mather if his opponent is made of fire, lightning or use mantra or other special abbility, in the One Piece world no one can beat WB period. And Oda already said that there is another ways(besides natural weekness´s and the sea metal) to beat Lugia users, so even if Ace is made of fire he don´t stand a chance against guys like WB, Mihawk or Shanks.

Impel Down
October 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
You can't cut an element. That's just silly. I mean, sure, Ao Kjii can be cut, but he can still somehow reform.

And to WB being able to defeat Logia users, if Luffy can, WB can. End of discussion.

hollowfied
October 15, 2007, 10:48 PM
Hmm..I think you *can* cut elements in the OP world. I'm pretty sure Mihawk can, at least.

Imitorar
October 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
Why do you think that Mihawk can cut elements?

hollowfied
October 16, 2007, 01:08 AM
Or else he can't compete at all against Logia users like Crocodile, Aokiji and Smoker? And I have a feeling hes one of the most powerful fighters out there (he IS the strongest swordsman, and thats got to mean something right?)

MDLatqp
October 16, 2007, 01:30 AM
Maybe if you used a sword made out of kairouseki, you'd be able to cut logia users (like cutting a real person with a normal blade). I bet that'd work.

hollowfied
October 16, 2007, 01:39 AM
well shanks is also a sword fighter, and mihawk is worlds BEST swordsman

so mihawk > shanks

Shanks is definitely not just a swordsman, he may use a rapier, but he probably has other tricks up his sleave.

The reason that Mihawk doesn't want to duel him anymore is because Shanks lost his good arm. That doesn't mean that Shanks has gotten worse, it just means that Mihawk being an honorable man doesn't want to fight with a person he considers a cripple. Indeed, Shanks has probably gotten stronger since he lost his arm.

I'm pretty tired of hearing people say that Shanks is weaker then Mihawk. Shanks is a Yonkou, Mihawk is Shichibukai, just look at their statuses, and you can see Shanks is more powerful. Perhaps less proficient as a swordsman, but overall a more powerful fighter.

and well, im not saying gol d roger and mihawk are equal, im saying mihawk is stronger :P

Uhh..Mihawk is most probably weaker then Shanks / Whitebeard / the other 2 unamed Yonkou. HOW THE HELL CAN HE BE STRONGER THEN GO D ROGER?

Please, don't shout.

DutchPhoenix
October 16, 2007, 06:55 AM
maybe mihawks sword has parts of kairouseki in it, just like smokers weapon on the edge

Sorata
October 16, 2007, 07:01 AM
We don´t know if Mihawk´s sword is made of or has parts of kairouseki, but as i said before(twice) in one of One Piece´s data books Oda said that there are ways to beat Lugia users without kairouseki our their natural weekness´s, so if someone can do that are the likes of Mihawk and WB.

DutchPhoenix
October 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
being yonkou doesnt mean ur stronger then a Shichibukai

Shichibukai = former pirates,persons allied to the WG to take down other pirates..
yonkou = leaders of pirate groups who are dominating the new world

but in 1 on 1

Mihawk > shanks

and how can mihawk be stronger then gold roger?

WB = Gold Roger

shanks = WB = Gold d roger

mihawk > shanks

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 02:56 PM
Let me explain various things, right now.

Mihawk and Shanks were =, but then Shanks lost his good arm and Mihawk refused to fight him, since he said it would put him at a disadvantage. Shanks, however, still insists on a fight, so maybe he's not less powerful.

Whitebeard and Roger were equal in battle, yes, but that was 22 years ago, so WB has probably gotten weaker.

It's a bit complex, but it kind of fucks up all the equations out there.

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 03:02 PM
Well, can't two Logias cancel each other out, like Smoker and Ace? Or was Oda-sensei referring to BB or the ocean or sneak attacks?

And I don't think Mihawk would add Sea Stone to his sword, since he seems to pride himself in being purely a swordsman.

Imitorar
October 16, 2007, 08:35 PM
Well, if he just coated the edge in Seastone, that is still swordsmanship. Just modified so it will work on Logia's too. It isn't just a weapon that looks like a sword but isn't, like Ohm's Cloud Dial Sword. And out of curiosity, does Oda-sensei write the Data Books? Because I heard that the Dragon Ball Daizenshu weren't written by Toriyama-sensei, so ever since, I've been reluctant to trust data-books. Do you know for sure that Oda-sensei wrote the One Piece Data Books? And if so, from where?

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 08:36 PM
I'm sure that Oda-sensei does. He's Oda! And it's not like the books show who's the "Strongest". WB's title was clearly displayed in the manga itself.

Imitorar
October 16, 2007, 08:51 PM
I wasn't asking on Whitebeard being strongest, that's in the manga itself, like you said. I meant about the beating Logia users without Seastone and natural weaknesses. By the way, Smoker and Ace's fruits canceling each other out probably counts as a natural weakness.

MDLatqp
October 16, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah seriously Dutch, you've some flawed assumptions that totally throw off the results.

First off, recognize that Yonkou probably ARE stronger than Shichibukai, and I'll prove it using a really stupid mathematical proof.

If it's numbers you like, consider that there are only four Yonkou while there are seven Shichibukai. If the three world powers are meant to balance themselves out, assign an arbitrary value of 1 to the total strengths of each organization. That means Shanks is at 1/4 and each Shichibukai is at 1/7 (this, of course, does not take into account the crews, so just ignore that for now). So tell me, which number is bigger?

And before y'all go nuts, keep in mind that that's just ONE conceivable argument. Personally, I just threw it out there because Dutch seems to like equations.

So getting back, your very first premise is unfounded. You cannot say that Mihawk is better than Shanks. And that, of course, destroys the rest of your 'argument'. Impel Down puts it quite well, so go re-read that if you still don't believe me. And remember, though Mihawk is the world's greatest swordsman, the fact that Shanks fights with a sabre doesn't mean he ONLY fights as a swordsman. Which of course means that even though Mihawk is a better swordsman, it doesn't mean he's a better fighter. That's an integral part of your argument as well. So like I said, initial assumption is faulty, and the rest crumbles.

But, for argument's sake, let's say it didn't.

You claim that Whitebeard and Roger are totally equivalent. I believe the quote from the manga (and do correct me if I'm wrong) was that "...he [WB] was the only one to ever fight evenly with him [Roger]." If you read that carefully, that DOESN'T mean that WB would win, simply that he could hold his own for some amount of time. Keep in mind though, Roger was King of the Pirates, which means, for all intents and purposes, that he was the strongest. We can't say WB = Roger or that WB > Roger. We're forced to settle with WB < Roger (though we can be pretty confident that he was the second strongest pirate in the world at the time).

Now if we fast-forward, Oda CLEARLY states that WB is the strongest man in the world (right now). That means Shanks can't be equal to him. So THAT line is wrong too.

...after all of that, do I really need to say anything about that last line?

Damn, that was tiring, lol.

Sorata
October 17, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yes the databooks are written by Oda Sensei(but they have more pics than information), and in the databooks you will find many informations that you don´t find in tha manga: for example concerning Shanks crew, Yasopp is the best snipper in the world, the fat guy(can´t remember the name) is the fastest guy in the world and the vice-captain Beckerman is the most clever man in the world. There are a lot of cool information. I´m portuguese, and i already read one of the books scanlated by a brazillian One Piece fan site.

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 02:46 AM
Beckman is the smartest man from East Blue, if I remember, not the world.

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 08:09 AM
dam i wish i had access to those databooks! but they just don't seem to be translated to english at all! :(

Sorata
October 17, 2007, 09:41 AM
hollowfied:you are right, i said world but it´s east blue, i read that data book 2 years ago, so i didn´t remember of everything very well, thanks.

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
With the smartest thing, he was the smartest man in that saga, so maybe not in the whole East Blue, but Yassopp and Lucky Roux were considered the best sniper and fastest man, respectively, in the world, not just the East Blue.

Absolutio
October 18, 2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah seriously Dutch, you've some flawed assumptions that totally throw off the results.

First off, recognize that Yonkou probably ARE stronger than Shichibukai, and I'll prove it using a really stupid mathematical proof.

If it's numbers you like, consider that there are only four Yonkou while there are seven Shichibukai. If the three world powers are meant to balance themselves out, assign an arbitrary value of 1 to the total strengths of each organization. That means Shanks is at 1/4 and each Shichibukai is at 1/7 (this, of course, does not take into account the crews, so just ignore that for now). So tell me, which number is bigger?

And before y'all go nuts, keep in mind that that's just ONE conceivable argument. Personally, I just threw it out there because Dutch seems to like equations.

So getting back, your very first premise is unfounded. You cannot say that Mihawk is better than Shanks. And that, of course, destroys the rest of your 'argument'. Impel Down puts it quite well, so go re-read that if you still don't believe me. And remember, though Mihawk is the world's greatest swordsman, the fact that Shanks fights with a sabre doesn't mean he ONLY fights as a swordsman. Which of course means that even though Mihawk is a better swordsman, it doesn't mean he's a better fighter. That's an integral part of your argument as well. So like I said, initial assumption is faulty, and the rest crumbles.

But, for argument's sake, let's say it didn't.

You claim that Whitebeard and Roger are totally equivalent. I believe the quote from the manga (and do correct me if I'm wrong) was that "...he [WB] was the only one to ever fight evenly with him [Roger]." If you read that carefully, that DOESN'T mean that WB would win, simply that he could hold his own for some amount of time. Keep in mind though, Roger was King of the Pirates, which means, for all intents and purposes, that he was the strongest. We can't say WB = Roger or that WB > Roger. We're forced to settle with WB < Roger (though we can be pretty confident that he was the second strongest pirate in the world at the time).

Now if we fast-forward, Oda CLEARLY states that WB is the strongest man in the world (right now). That means Shanks can't be equal to him. So THAT line is wrong too.

...after all of that, do I really need to say anything about that last line?

Damn, that was tiring, lol.

Oda's words are absolute! No defying them! He says someone's the strongest - He IS the strongest! :p

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 09:18 AM
I'd just like to throw out again that Shanks and WB did not "fight" and in their "fight" they were not "equal". They clashed swords. That's all they did. Most swordsmen clash swords. That doesn't mean that they're equal. Kaku's blocked Zoro's attacks before, that didn't make them equal.

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
They were just sparring.

Isn't there a saying - 'real men speak with their actions' , or something like that?

Maybe Shanks was trying to emphasise his words.

DutchPhoenix
October 22, 2007, 04:18 AM
wasnt jimbei defeated by general gasparde?

hollowfied
October 22, 2007, 05:28 AM

Gasparde is a movie character, and the movies aren't considered canon. Besides the fishman that Gasparde defeated was called 'Willy', apparently an old rival of Arlong's, maybe he was in the same crew as Jimbei, but definitely not Jimbei himself.

Impel Down
October 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
wasnt jimbei defeated by general gasparde?

First off, movie. Second, who said that Jimbei was the Strongest in the World? Hell, in the movie, Gasparde wasn't even the strongest in the world by a long shot.

hollowfied
October 22, 2007, 09:08 AM
Jimbei >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasparde

and probably WhiteBeard >>>> Jimbei, though I don't think by that much.

DutchPhoenix
October 22, 2007, 05:02 PM
why people say jimbei is so strong?

Impel Down
October 22, 2007, 06:10 PM
He's a Shichibukai, maybe? I'd say that's a very good reason to consider him strong.

DutchPhoenix
November 03, 2007, 03:03 PM
where can i read english data books? would be helpfull for me =D

Check this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20062). And wrong place to post the question ;)

bradz22
November 16, 2007, 06:17 PM
luffy (in the future). he will become pirate king of course. :P

arcrouma
November 19, 2007, 11:40 PM
It was roger, It is WB, and It will be luffy...

Mihawk soon or later must be knocked down by Zorro...forget the element...

hollowfied
November 21, 2007, 05:14 AM
Strongest Marine - Aokiji
4 most powerful pirates - Yonkou (all 4 are close to getting One Piece)
Strongest Man in the World - WhiteBeard (also a Yonkou)
Greatest Swordsman in the World - Mihawk

So..hard to tell.
Guess its WhiteBeard, but considering how I think this title doesn't have much meaning to it, since the reasoning behind it was that WB was the only one who could match Gol D Roger, and WhiteBeard has aged considerably and grown weaker since then. So Shanks or BB could probably match WB. Dunno about Aokiji, or any of the other admirals, Sengoku and the Shichibukai though.

Absolutio
November 21, 2007, 11:12 AM
Isn't sengoku supposed to be stronger than ao kiji? Considering he's in charge of all the admirals and was an admiral even back then at ohara's incident (when ao kiji was back then a vice-admiral)

sharingan_kakashi
November 21, 2007, 12:28 PM
Isn't sengoku supposed to be stronger than ao kiji? Considering he's in charge of all the admirals and was an admiral even back then at ohara's incident (when ao kiji was back then a vice-admiral)

isnt sengoku the guy with the pet lamb? he looks strong to me. perhaps he is stronger than Aokiji because WB mentioned him as one of the few people who knows the sea "from back then". (chap 434) which implies he once fought with WBs pirate ship.

The Boff
November 21, 2007, 12:38 PM
Sengokuh Dai Budda is the supreme commander of the marines and therefore the strongest marine.

yes dudes, its that simple. in the world of OP the leaders are the strongest.

and i stand firm on WB being the strongest in the world. even though he has aged, even though he is hooked to numerous medical stuff thingies, even though there are 3 more pirates with the title Yonkou, even though it was revealed that Blackbeard can use the power of gravity and darkness. i absolutely believe that Whitebeard is the strongest man in the OP world.

and the word strongest in the OP world means: I can kick everyones ass if i want to.
there might be someone that can lift something heavier than WB can. But WB can kick everyones ass.

i stand firm on believeing that.

because Oda told us that when he introduced WB to us.

yup :smile-big

Sorata
November 21, 2007, 03:22 PM
Sengokuh Dai Budda is the supreme commander of the marines and therefore the strongest marine.

yes dudes, its that simple. in the world of OP the leaders are the strongest.

and i stand firm on WB being the strongest in the world. even though he has aged, even though he is hooked to numerous medical stuff thingies, even though there are 3 more pirates with the title Yonkou, even though it was revealed that Blackbeard can use the power of gravity and darkness. i absolutely believe that Whitebeard is the strongest man in the OP world.

and the word strongest in the OP world means: I can kick everyones ass if i want to.
there might be someone that can lift something heavier than WB can. But WB can kick everyones ass.

i stand firm on believeing that.

because Oda told us that when he introduced WB to us.

yup :smile-big

Idem :)

The Boff
November 21, 2007, 03:44 PM
idem?
whats that?
[hr]
ok i googled it, and then i saw your post that was pretty much the exact same thing.

but there are still nonebelievers so its worth saying twice :p

hollowfied
November 22, 2007, 04:09 AM
It was stated that Aokiji was the 'strongest fighter in the marines'. Whether or not Sengoku is stronger then him..I don't know, but Sengoku is definitely higher ranked.

Absolutio
November 22, 2007, 01:38 PM
can you post the page of that here?
I kinda think that the saying was something like "Ao Kiji is part of the strongest force of the marines" or something like that.

DutchPhoenix
November 22, 2007, 03:46 PM
can you post the page of that here?
I kinda think that the saying was something like "Ao Kiji is part of the strongest force of the marines" or something like that.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/04/

Organizized
November 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
But does it actually say somewhere that he is the strongest of the three though? Because on that page it only says that the Admirals are the highest ranked fighters.

And though it says so on wiki and a lot of other places as well, there is no source for where it is seen. Aokiji could still be the weakest of the three, we don't know that much yet. Or do we?

DutchPhoenix
November 22, 2007, 05:28 PM
its say ONLY sengoku is superior to the highest rankest fighterS

so sengoku is stronger then them

Imitorar
November 22, 2007, 10:45 PM
Not necessarily. The Gorosei are ranked even higher then Sengoku, though not in the Marines, but they aren't that strong, at least, not anymore. So Sengoku might have been a strong pirate back in Roger's day, but he might have grown complacent ever since because he's had a desk job. Now that I think about it, he's probably the one who captured Roger, and that's how he got his promotion to Supreme Admiral. But anyway, I'd say that
Sengoku is still probably stronger then the Admirals, and Aokiji's ranking among the Admirals can't be known, at least not until we see at least one other Admiral.

MDLatqp
November 23, 2007, 05:00 AM
A few thoughts.

First, I'm pretty sure Robin said that Aokiji was the "marines strongest fighting force" or the "marines strongest fighter" or some phrase like that. Now do correct me if I'm wrong, since my memory isn't that great. But if that's the case, that does kinda settle that argument :p

Secondly, the gorosei. I've often wondered about them, what their strengths might be, where they come from and who choses them, etc. Focusing on that first query for a second, the facts that
a) multiple members of the gorosei have what appear to be battle scars on their bodies,
b) one of them carries a sword (apparently at all times since he had it during an informal chat with his buds in a very secure area),
and c) some of the gorosei appear to be well-muscled / physically powerful (that point may be a little bit less concrete/convincing, but even though it is perhaps circumstantial, i think it applies)
...all indicate to me that the gorosei are NOT merely administrators, but also physical combatants. And, based on what we know and have seen of where the strongest fighters in any organization usually reside in the command structure, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet to assume some (if not all) of the gorosei are some of the most powerful fighters on the planet, perhaps surpassing Aokiji even. Obviously it's still all conjecture at this point, but I'd say some of that evidence is rather convincing.

Also, quick little addendum. I'm willing to bet that the sword-wielding gorosei has a well-known 'named' blade, maybe one of the 3 cursed ones, and that'd be a cool tie-in with Zoro. Just a thought.

Sorry, a little off-topic. So, to bring it all back to the thread's actual topic....

Oda says Whitebeard is the strongest, end of story. Not that he WAS the strongest, or HAS BEEN the strongest, or is the strongest with an asterisk, or anything like that. Right now, HE IS THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
...strongest MAN..
Maybe there are some non-humans stronger than him (but that's probably pointless semantics lol). So yes, Whitebeard is the strongest, end of story. Sorry for repeating myself, but I felt it apt.

hollowfied
November 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
Strongest Man in the World. Thats a title. It doesn't mean anything. He hasn't been in a fight for ages, it seems, his strength might have deterioated. Or maybe there are people who've been living in the shadow of others all their lives (BB is an example of this, Shanks in the shadow of Gol D Roger), and never done anything significant, however they might be actually stronger then WB, but they don't get the title because they did not do anything significant.

Get my drift?

Absolutio
November 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
Strongest Man in the World. Thats a title. It doesn't mean anything. He hasn't been in a fight for ages, it seems, his strength might have deterioated. Or maybe there are people who've been living in the shadow of others all their lives (BB is an example of this, Shanks in the shadow of Gol D Roger), and never done anything significant, however they might be actually stronger then WB, but they don't get the title because they did not do anything significant.

Get my drift?

No... :p If strongest man is a title, than so is "Strongest swordsman".. and etc..
We've gotta take Oda's words as absolute! And untill proven else, he is the strongest (though I do think that the title will be taken away from him "soon", by BB or w.e).

MrStrawHat
December 03, 2007, 11:02 PM
WB and Shanks SPLIT open the heaven. I think that says something. Also, Strongest Man would be WB 'cause Oda said it. Also, I personally doesn't give much about it. it's just a title. (WB is getting too weak, too.) The Beggining of the 'New Era' will give us some strong guys to look at. Until then, I can't be sure.

Absolutio
December 04, 2007, 07:49 AM
The only thing we saw of WB was a lil swing that split up the heaven, yet people are going on and on and on about "WB is gettin weak".. that's starting to annoy me, since we don't know anything about how strong he was and how strong he is at the moment. I don't think that WB and "weak" should be even mentioned in the same sentence, since Oda, who's the god of this manga, said that he is the strongest. And untill proven else, the title remains as it is.

And by "New Era" i guess you mean "New World".. :p

Impel Down
December 04, 2007, 02:34 PM
The idea of WB being "weaker in his old age" is just another way to seriously over-power him. I mean, he's pretty fuckin' powerful right now, so if he was stronger, then that would mean he was world-smashing strong back in the day. Just like when Garp started blowing stuff up by throwing cannonballs, he commented that he's weaker than he used to be.

But, weak and weaker are totally different words. Even if he has become weakened, his power is still enough to strike deadly fear into the hearts of Pirates, Marines, and the Gorosei.

MrStrawHat
December 04, 2007, 08:46 PM
The only thing we saw of WB was a lil swing that split up the heaven, yet people are going on and on and on about "WB is gettin weak".. that's starting to annoy me
Absolutio, I didn't say he was weak, rather, strong, for even Luffy, who is young and KICKING can't split the heaven. Also, WB stood up to Gold .D. Roger. If you read the chapter where Shanks visit WB, some of his crew faints. So if WB can stand up to Gol .D. Roger, who is (or rather, was. He is dead) Stronger then Shanks, then he is super kicka##.

kenshinR
December 18, 2007, 08:55 PM
to be honest it is stated in one piece that admiral Garp apprehended D.Rogers and was thust vice supream admiral and was one of the few that could fight with rogers and WB evenly so he must obviously be stronger than aokiji.as for luffys dad he must praobly be some were next to WB in power cause although he isnt the most powerful man on earth he is the most wanted. i personaly belive mihak is the third most strongest PIRATE second to either shanks or Dragon and the WG already has theier own ranks placed to show the power each person posses

Absolutio
December 18, 2007, 09:34 PM
First of all.. It was never stated that Garp was the one to catch Roger.. It said (exact quote): "[Garp is] The guy who cornered Gold Roger countless of times..."...
It might be that he's stronger/equal to Ao Kiji, but I don't think he's one of the even top 3 strongest people in OP.

Dragon04
December 18, 2007, 11:36 PM
Whitebeard is the Strongest Man in the World as of now. Until Oda tells us otherwise in SBS or a stronger person comes along in One Piece.

Inkovic
December 19, 2007, 02:55 AM
Strongest Enemy so far:
Enel. He wiped out ever member of the crew easily except for Luffy which was due to Rubber's advantage.

Strongest Enemy:
Whitebeard. He is old and under cinstant medical assistance though but he's still pretty tough.

Strongest wll be enemy:
Blackbeard. He and his crew are like the anti-strawhats. They get stronger as the series progresses and will eventually become better than Whitebeard.

white silver
December 24, 2007, 03:03 AM
To answer this topic... "Whitebeard" followed by the other 3 emperors of the sea. Sengoku may be somewhere in the level below them but seeing as Aokiji is the strongest fighting force in the marines should mean something as well. Mihawk should be near Shanks strength followed by the CP9. I don't count Luffy cause he'll end up beating every strong guy he faces (with the exception of Aokiji,yet)

As for Enel, TOO many people over-rate him since he is of lightning. Sure Luffy may be the only guy who can touch Enel but doesn't this apply to "other" elemental fruits as well? So far Enel's strength is just above average, only his mantra and lightning are his real assets. From what I've seen he can take only as much damage as Crocodile could. That's is why if it weren't for his mantra, he'd be finished before he started against Luffy.

Simply put, the further Luffy travels in the direction of the New World, the more powerful pirates/foes he will encounter.

Absolutio
December 24, 2007, 04:13 AM
Oda said in the SBS that if Enel had a bounty, it would've been 500 millionish.. Even Don Flamingo (whos the person with the highest known bounty we know) had "only" 340m. And as concerning Ao Kiji.. He's PART of the marines' strongest force.. I get sick of repeating it over and over.. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/04/

DragonMoonZ
December 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
What we guys are forgetting is that the previous Pirate King, the most strongest pirate who ever lived, was caught by an unknown person.. this would mean there is something out there thats even stronger than the Pirate King, i think this person will eventually make its entry, so my guess would be this person (or persons who know)....