PDA

View Full Version : Power Level Better Duo ?

mck06
March 03, 2008, 02:16 PM
Well Yamamoto once told the Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake are captain with a level above all the others. and they are the only twin zanpakutō on the soul society.

Also Yourichi also state that he and Urahara are or were the most powerful duo on the soul society. They start to train together since childrens.

Then we have a 2 captains leve, once where cpt. and lt. Gin and Aizen.

Duo:
1. Shunsui & Ukitake.
2. Yourichi & Urahara.
3. Gin & Aizen.
4 Who Else?

EvolutionIX
March 04, 2008, 02:42 AM
Hmm...Ishida and Pesche? Renji and Dondochakka. But seriously...i think it would be Urahara and Yoruichi...they've must have trained together for ages!

Inchao
March 05, 2008, 06:42 AM
I think Ukitake & Kyouraku are the strongest because they are actually stated by the Sotaichou himself!!

Raizen
March 06, 2008, 12:35 AM
I think Ukitake & Kyouraku are the strongest because they are actually stated by the Sotaichou himself!!
SOOOOO TRUE!!!
I won't deny youruichi and urahara is strong but shunsui and uki is definitely stronger.
When youruichi first saw uki, she was respectable towards him. I say in his prime he could take on any vasto lordes by himself if he wasn't affected by the sickness

Zeus-Tails
March 08, 2008, 04:06 PM
I think his sickness just makes his endurance low so he can't fight for low. However, if he just whips ass from the start, then there's no problem ^^

Furthermore, he still has his partner, Shunsui, to wipe up the floor with the like of Vasto Lordes ^^

TheChosenOne
March 08, 2008, 04:44 PM
Yes, I give my vote to Shun and Uki, there power is recognized by Yamma, which carries a lot of weight. :)

Tsukisama
March 09, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yes, I give my vote to Shun and Uki, there power is recognized by Yamma, which carries a lot of weight. :)

I agree. If Yama says it, it's probably true. Although they are not in SS anymore, Urahara and Yoruichi were in SS for a long while and would have been exhibiting their teamwork at their peak. (We know that Yoruichi was a little out of practice as she stated it during her encounters with Byakuya and Soifon; Urahara is/was also probably a little rusty too.) So, Yama likely had already taken Urahara & Yoruichi's team into consideration when he made his statement about Shun & Uki's team.

Aizen & Gin have not really been seen in action; so, I won't consider them yet.

ShinobiWrath
March 10, 2008, 12:26 AM
Yes, Shunsui and Ukitake have come far and probably have so much ability behind all that Elite conjuction they call The ShunTake force!

◆ T.D.A ◆
March 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
if we are talking about which duo works together the best in battle then probably Yourichi & Urahara

Raizen
March 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
I just saw the spoilers and the way shunsui and ukitake are standing on top of all the other captains just make them that much cooler. I say we are going to see them going full force and ANNIHILATING anyone that gets in the way.
God this chapter is going to be so good.
Aizen is going to pee in his pants.

thornofcarrion
May 03, 2010, 08:31 AM
Ukitake and Shunsui are best duo in my opinion. IIRC, their abilities compliment each other. They are definitely one of the most powerful captains in SS, if not THE most powerful caprtains.
[hr]
Please try to elaborate why you think a duo is better than other. Otherwise, the post will be deleted.

hakuthehedgehog
May 03, 2010, 08:51 AM
Gin and Aizen obviusly are the better Duo.
Aizen is at Yama's level by himself and has KS.
Gin is not weak and has a Bankai great for sneak attacks.
Although, if he are talking about combo's and synergy, Ukitate and Kyoraru are best: Yama said their abilities complement each other and they are both extremely strong and experienced.
In full fledged combat, Gin and Aizen obviusly take it though, Aizen being there just guarantees a win.

thornofcarrion
May 03, 2010, 09:02 AM
Gin and Aizen obviusly are the better Duo.
Aizen is at Yama's level by himself and has KS.
Gin is not weak and has a Bankai great for sneak attacks.
Although, if he are talking about combo's and synergy, Ukitate and Kyoraru are best: Yama said their abilities complement each other and they are both extremely strong and experienced.
In full fledged combat, Gin and Aizen obviusly take it though, Aizen being there just guarantees a win.

I think the duo with more cohesion will win. I agree Aizen and Gin are extremely powerful. But the way they converse with each other, for example how Aizen told Gin he didn't interfere, looked awkward. Off course we don't know that for certain, but I think the team of Aizen and Gin may lack teamwork. Shunsui and Ukitake can exploit it as a weakness.

kkck
May 03, 2010, 10:26 AM
Teamwork wise I guess kyoraku and ukitake are by far the best duo. They have a long standing friendship and it seems their abilities work rather well together -they were complementary as yamamoto said-. It really must be quite something if they were able to stand up to yamamoto.

hakuthehedgehog
May 03, 2010, 10:34 AM
I think the duo with more cohesion will win. I agree Aizen and Gin are extremely powerful. But the way they converse with each other, for example how Aizen told Gin he didn't interfere, looked awkward. Off course we don't know that for certain, but I think the team of Aizen and Gin may lack teamwork. Shunsui and Ukitake can exploit it as a weakness.

Aizen can probably defeat both Kyoraru and Ukitake by himself, and with Gin's help, then it is even more easy IMO.
Aizen has stupidly high raw power, acess to barrier, is faster than Shunsui and can completely hipnotyse them, while gin can sit back 1 km away and snipe them with his bankai.

Raizen
May 03, 2010, 11:54 AM
^^ I personally do not believe that aizen can beat both shunsui and uki by himself, even if they are under his illusions.
Without the illusions, i say shunsui OR uki has just enough of a chance to give aizen a run for his money.

And i think u misunderstood this thread. I mean we can obviously say a combo of yama + anyone would be a great team b/c yama is sooo overpowered. But i think this thread is talking about complementray skills, teamwork, etc- this is where uki and shunsui are unrivaled

kkck
May 03, 2010, 11:57 AM
I don't really think yama would be a good combo with anyone. His shikai alone, while it probably won't kill captain level bystanders, would certainly wear them down due to the heat. A captain level bystander could potentially get hurt if yamamoto attacks someone though. Only plausible person who would be a good combo with yamamoto is aizen and that is because he is the only one who does not seem to get affected in any way by the release of yamamoto's shikai -being attacked by it would be besides the point-.

Raizen
May 03, 2010, 01:12 PM
That is sort of my point. Just putting 2 strong people together does not mean they will be a good team.

clodhopper
May 03, 2010, 08:49 PM
I know it will sound odd, but I think a really good duo would be Kurosaki & Hitsugaya. Both young, both need maturing with their Zanpakutou and both have extreme potential. Hitsugaya's potential was alluded to by Shunsui in his battle against Starrk and Kurosaki's potential is self evident. Proper training for one, and time for both with their respective powers, then working together... perhaps a powerhouse duo?

kkck
May 03, 2010, 10:40 PM
Main issue about putting hitsugaya in a team would be about the same as putting yamamoto in one.... Fight starts with hitsugaya not using his true power and in consequence his shikai is a glorified half assed kido and his bankai is barely above a glorified shikai. Then things get bad and he has to pull out the big guns which happens to use 14 miles across worth of heaven over which he has little control. If controlling that huge area he has for a bankai is as hard as he implies then ichigo along with anyone else in the vicinity could end up sucked up in the whole thing. It is true both of them are young -even though ichigo is 15 and hitsugaya like 60-, both of them are still discovering their potential and have a very obvious lack of control over their zampakuto but that would be all the more reason for which they should not be put in a team together.

vizardichigo
May 03, 2010, 11:05 PM
I wonder if Aizen could beat Shunsui and Ukitake while both are at full strength??? I wonder how well Gin would do against either of them? I mean Uki's shikai would be useless against him.....I think Aizen and Gin would take this one.

Gran Maestro
May 04, 2010, 04:52 AM
First of all let me explain what I understand from the best duo: The best duo is the duo whose abilities benefit best from fighting together. The best duo is the duo whose abilities complement each other so well that their combined strength is much better than the sum of their individual strengths.

In that sense Aizen & Gin is not a good duo because Aizen doesn't benefit much from Gin. Yamamoto & any person is not a good duo if this person will sit back and watch while Yamamoto overwhelms the opposition. Yamamoto & Hitsugaya can defeat Shunsui & Ukitake if Hitsugaya stays away while Yamamoto takes care of them but it doesn't change the fact that Yamamoto & Hitsugaya is the worst duo ever.

So who is the best duo? Hard to say. We don't know much about Ukitake, Urahara and Yoruichi. But since Shunsui & Ukitake's combined strength is enough to put up a resistance against the strongest shinigami, their partnership is obviously a force to reckon with. They are my choice for now.

thornofcarrion
May 04, 2010, 05:32 AM
By better duo, I take as what Gran said above. Powerful guy + powerful guy doesn't necessarily means a better duo. Let me quote an example from real life, take any team sport e.g., Soccer. Would putting all attackers ensure a victory? No, that's why we need defenders, mid-fielders etc. Naturally the duo, who compliments each other has better chance of winning.

Hystzen
May 04, 2010, 05:33 AM
we only assume Shunsui & Ukitake are good because of yamma saying so if we didnt we wouldnt assume they are good. we assume yourchi and urahara are good because we have seen that they been around for years training together so at moment i see them being most effective of speed strength and kido

DEATHBOTT
May 04, 2010, 07:12 AM
desert bros lol.
aizan and yama would beat anyone but in terms of team work its a hard decision even though yama said shunsui and ukitake compliment each other we havnt really seen any proof of that. only that ukitake can block energy attacks but he could do that with any partner. yoruchi and uhara have been training togather forever like shunsui and ukitake but not as long. but then uhara has a versitile zanpakuto so that would help in a team fight as would yoruchis speed. as for aizan and gin that team really only hinges open aizan ks which compliments anyones moves. i think byakuya would be an awsome team might with good offense and defence and he is calm and intelligent. gonna give this to...... isshin and ryuken. i just have a feeling they will fight together.

Raizen
May 04, 2010, 12:21 PM
The only due that can be considered the greatest duo is shunsui and uki b/c throughout the whole manga, they are the only 2 that had not only their strengths praised, but also their teamwork. Yama even goes as far as to say their abilities complement each other.

Hystzen
May 05, 2010, 08:58 AM
^ the only prob is we only have yammas word we not seen any proof they are good as yamma claims..yamma would show bias as he sees them as his own sons in a way so he is gonna claim they are best duo....just we never seen it so far in the manga..whereas yourchi and urahara we been shown they have some skill together but dunno if they best duo unless we finally see uki and shun as a team

hakuthehedgehog
May 05, 2010, 10:13 AM
IMO, the best group would be Byakuya and Hitsugaya, provided they know each others abilities and train a little well.
Byakuya's senbon Sakura would provide protection from the petals, so he wouldn't be affected by Hitsugaya's power.

They both have AoE attacks, and Byakuya is more than decent in close range combat and kido.

Of course, Hitsugaya can't use his petals attacks while byakuya uses Senkei, but I can't see a situation where both abilities are needed against an oponent.

Random101
May 05, 2010, 10:40 AM
I'd probably go with Hitsugaya and Halibel, purely because unlike a lot of other people their abilities are very easy to mesh if they work together with various strategies, and with proper prep it's possible Hitsugaya could go all out without risking harming his partner, if he gives her enough time I suppose. Their abilities are one of the few you could say would practically be ideal for each other. One could provide the source for the other, or one could attack and if that misses the other converts it and turns it around again for another strike, etc... For teamwork purposes it works quite well and their abilities are probably the best mesh in the series.

Of course that assumes we look for the ones that could plausibly work together to greatest effect as opposed to just the strongest team.

Raizen
May 05, 2010, 11:52 AM
^ the only prob is we only have yammas word we not seen any proof they are good as yamma claims..yamma would show bias as he sees them as his own sons in a way so he is gonna claim they are best duo....just we never seen it so far in the manga..whereas yourchi and urahara we been shown they have some skill together but dunno if they best duo unless we finally see uki and shun as a team
Well i for one don't think yama is bias. He is not one to throw out praises unless it is absolutely true. And we have seen proof. Shunsui beat teh first espada with a shikai, while taking on unreleased starks with just a bare blade. There is nothing inferring that youruichi and urahara make a good team. Yea they trained with each other, but so did youruichi and byakuya. Furthermore, it is not like anything stated their skills complemented each other, that is what is said about shunsui and uki.
Let's say hypothetically speaking, urahara and youruichi are as strong as shunsui and uki. But shunsui and uki's complementary skills would make them much much more powerful that their individual strengths combined. Thus, shunsui and uki >> urahara and youruichi

Hystzen
May 05, 2010, 02:17 PM
what i ment by proof is we not seen team fight together fully closet we got was the SS arc but nothing happened on that..starrk uki jus turned up to absorb and shoot back ceros never seen them fight together back to back fully...where as youru and urahara we saw work well against yammy yourus speed and urahara blood mist shield worked very well together.

Raizen
May 05, 2010, 02:34 PM
^ Lol i get what u mean, but i don't agree with it. Shunsui and uki surviving against yama is already a testament of their strength. As for yourucih and urahara working together, there was nothing good about their teamwork. Urahara just showed up when youruichi was about to be blasted, same with shunsui and uki. So not much difference. My bet is, the author will save shunsui and uki's teamwork for someone really powerful

freshseth83
May 10, 2010, 10:33 PM
I agree. Why waste the time showing their abilities against weak espada? Those two could have beaten Stark where he stood. They were just toying with him in my opinion. Ukitake had a casual smile on his face, as did Shunsui. They're not to be taken lightly. Urahara and Yoruichi are good shinigami, but a team? The only teamwork they ever did was help ichigo and save one another from someone. That someone was yammy, who is weak compared to Yama. Yama stood against Ukitake and Shunsui, and they survived, in tact actually, even if it was 'off screen'. Just because we haven't SEEN teamwork between those two in great detail, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Teamwork is more than fighting together. It's about succeeding, it's about knowing what the other is going to do. Being in tandem. This was seen with the captains against fake Aizen. Hitsugaya was the weak link and got upset over something as trivial as an injury to a friend. That can't be done against an opponent like Aizen. His teamwork skills go down a lot in my book.

Random101
May 10, 2010, 10:37 PM
Uh, the weak link was Hitsugaya, AND Shinji and Soifon. All three, for some inane reason in Soifon's case, for obvious reasons in Shinji and Hitsugaya's, lost their cool in the end. Or perhaps it's more apt to say Kyoraku was the only solid link, due mostly to not having a huge emotional attachment to what happened in that case as opposed to Starrk nailing him earlier... (Though Soifon is completely beyond me. I'd almost say I'm imagining it if that expression of hers didn't look more like rage than OH SHI- as well as her looking like she's rushing forwards in that final page).

freshseth83
May 10, 2010, 11:02 PM
very true. Shinji was a bit caught up too now that I look back at it. Shunsui was the only one who said anything to Hitsugaya. Something tells me he was the only one who knew that there was no way the chain should be broken. Hitsugaya disregarded that. Another thing about Shunsui that screams skills is what he said to Starrk. When Starrk asked about Shunsui's Bankai, he asked if it was stronger than Hitsugaya's. He answered in a detracting way. Praising Hitsugaya's Bankai and intelligence instead of proclaiming he was stronger. And on top of that, he mentioned that Bankai's were a LAST RESORT. Am I alone in thinking that this is the only captain (who's bankai weve seen) that would say that besides maybe Byakuya and Soi-Fon? Hitsugaya, Tousen, Komamura, Kurotsuchi- all use their Bankais. Byakuya even does. But Shunsui, never uses it. Like he said, it's a last resort.

Nicholas.Sama
May 10, 2010, 11:06 PM
more duos to add:
yoruichi & soifon
kenpachi & byakuya
ichigo & isshin
aizen & tousen
tousen & komamura
love & rose
soifon & hachi

the first 4 are pretty deadly team ups

El Samurai Guapo
May 10, 2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.toysnjoys.com/wallscrolls/GE9894.jpg is my favorite team. I think with time they could become the strongest duo too. Both Ichigo and Renji need a lot a work on their bankai for the time being. I liked the movie where Ichigo rode on top of the head of Renji's bankai.

Other pairs that I like are:
Yumichika & Ikkaku
Love & Rose
Isshin & Ryuuken (they're probably the strongest pair).

Ya know, Soi Fon and Hachigen made a pretty good team too. Barragan was a overly hax opponent, but the two of them could literally pwn anyone in two moves. Hachi's barrier's or a bakudo + Jakuho raikoben = death.

Kaiten
May 10, 2010, 11:29 PM
Yuruichi and Byakuya would be a great combo. The two shunpo experts could quickly weaken the enemy, working as a tandem. Yuruichi could then use her kidou/shunpo combo to put a weakened enemy on defensive, unable to protect themselves from Byakuya's bankai.

Raizen
May 11, 2010, 11:06 AM
There are many teams that we can create with the characters we have. But ultimatelly, no teams have been more praised than shunsui and uki. Not to mention, their zapanktou basically works together, so it makes them stronger than their individual selves added together

freshseth83
May 12, 2010, 12:17 AM
people like to cite characters out of the manga and their statements about someone, but ignore what Yama has said about Ukitake and Shunsui.

Example: Gin said Aizen was powerful; Yama said Shunsui and Ukitake have no equals.

So Gin knows more than Yama? Why? Because he's with Aizen? So what? Yama was with ALL OF THEM. He's in charge of all of the 13 court guards. The shinigami academy- was founded by him. So in other words he's like the principle. So when the principle gets grades of every Shinigami and expresses that Ukitake and Shunsui were without equal, before and after, it's false? But Gin's words are the truth?

How funny some of these posters are.

thornofcarrion
May 12, 2010, 02:38 AM
people like to cite characters out of the manga and their statements about someone, but ignore what Yama has said about Ukitake and Shunsui.

Example: Gin said Aizen was powerful; Yama said Shunsui and Ukitake have no equals.

So Gin knows more than Yama? Why? Because he's with Aizen? So what? Yama was with ALL OF THEM. He's in charge of all of the 13 court guards. The shinigami academy- was founded by him. So in other words he's like the principle. So when the principle gets grades of every Shinigami and expresses that Ukitake and Shunsui were without equal, before and after, it's false? But Gin's words are the truth?

How funny some of these posters are.

My 2 cents :),

Off course, Yama knows about his subordinates. However, Aizen and Gin would never show their true self or true power. Yama didn't know about Aizen's devious plans until he revealed it in SS arc. How much stronger Aizen or Gin grew, Yama could not have known. Plus, don't forget all of them are already under Aizen's hypnosis.

Repeating myself, Ukitake and Shunsui are best pairing in my opinion.

AlB
May 12, 2010, 03:35 AM
Yama said Shunsui and Ukitake have no equals.

that was before Yama found out that Aizen was a godly powerhouse, not mediocre book-nerd :amuse

are you actually saying that Shunsui/Uki duo is stronger than Aizen/Gin? hell, Aizen alone could have handed them.

don't know if Aizen could handle Urahara/Yoruichi combo though

Raizen
May 12, 2010, 12:49 PM
^ What makes u say aizen can handle shunsui and uki, but can't handle youruichi and urahara. So far from what has been shown and stated, shunsui and uki are individually stronger than either youruichi and urahara. now if we consider the fact that their complementary strength makes them eve more powerful, they would be much greater than youruichi and urahara. if u make such claims, please provide facts.

I believe that had aizen not had either shunsui or uki under hypnosis from the start, they would ahve given him trouble the same way isshin did
[hr]

My 2 cents :),

Off course, Yama knows about his subordinates. However, Aizen and Gin would never show their true self or true power. Yama didn't know about Aizen's devious plans until he revealed it in SS arc. How much stronger Aizen or Gin grew, Yama could not have known. Plus, don't forget all of them are already under Aizen's hypnosis.

Repeating myself, Ukitake and Shunsui are best pairing in my opinion.
True, aizen did hide his true strength, but being the CC for that long, i am sure he has seen powerful individuals before: ie urahara, youruichi, byakuya, etc. Yet he still made that claim.
And i am sure yama knows about gin's strength since uki talked about gin when he was in teh academy and gin must show bankai to become captain

freshseth83
May 12, 2010, 12:49 PM
really? you think the most experienced members of the gotei 13 wouldn't do good against Aizen and Gin who are much less experienced? The only reason we didn't see their paring was because WW took out Ukitake. Kubo did that on purpose in my books. Why leave the best tag team around that could potentially cause problems for you? Shunsui even knew something was up that night during the TBTP arc. Yama can gauge a shinigami from more than just one factor. Seeing a bankai is only a requirement of becoming a captain. Yama not knowing about illusions doesn't make a difference. An illusion can be anything. It can make you believe you were hit by a level 90 spell when you weren't. Illusions can make you believe your seeing Aizen when it's not him. That isn't strength, that's an ability. I'm sure Yama has seen illusion type Zampakuto's before. He's been alive for over 2000 years. He even defeated the Illusions of Aizen by focusing on a pure reiatsu of Aizen. If he were tricked so easily he wouldn't have needed WW. In all illusions are a trick. Not an unmatched skill. This is what he said about Ukitake and Shunsui- they have unmatched skills, and their efforts together are untouchable. Kubo conveniently took out Ukitake so we couldn't say, what about those two?