PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Shinseiki Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku by Min Min

Kisuke06
March 05, 2008, 06:30 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5919/i29966to3.jpg
Title: Shinseiki Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku / Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy: Record of Heaven’s Descent
Genre: Action Drama Fantasy
Author and Artist: MIN Min

From mangaupdates:
"Shinji Ikari spends his days at the NERV Foundation Academy (A catholic school) in a peaceful yet bored stupor, when one night, after witnessing the figures of Rei Ayanami, the object of his affection, and a boy he’s never seen before running from the scene of a violent explosion, he happens to find an odd gem. Soon after, he meets the transfer student Kaworu Nagisa, the fleeing boy he’d seen with Ayanami, and is forcibly recruited to assist Rei, Kaworu, and Asuka Soryuu Langely in fighting the “Angels”, beings who wish to destroy the Earth, because of the “Core” he collected that night."

As of today 4 chapters have been scanlated.

So, anyone reading this? =)

(sorry if there is already a topic about it, I used the search but I didn't find one, so I decided to make this one)

D3M1URG3
March 05, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'll have to look into this series, though It seems like another "Angelic Days" type rewrite to me....:notrust

Kisuke06
March 06, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'll have to look into this series, though It seems like another "Angelic Days" type rewrite to me....:notrust

Nah, I wouldn't say so. This one is very different, not only the "main" difference (angels are "thoughts" take can take over any kind of life form body), this one has a lot other like the Yggdrasil, the prophet Magi, etc.

I mean, if you are a fan of Evangelion, I think you will like it.

D3M1URG3
March 07, 2008, 10:39 PM
Nah, I wouldn't say so. This one is very different, not only the "main" difference (angels are "thoughts" take can take over any kind of life form body), this one has a lot other like the Yggdrasil, the prophet Magi, etc.

I mean, if you are a fan of Evangelion, I think you will like it.

That's good to know. I mean, I love Evangelion probably more than any other seires but "Angelic Days" kind of disappointed me.

Inkovic
March 16, 2008, 02:20 AM
It's very odd, like crossing Evangelion with other typical Shonen mangas. I might read it but the second I feel the image the the greatest characters ever to exist begin to become far too mainstream I'll stop.

hatsuharupeace
March 16, 2008, 02:29 AM
Read the first three chapters, it's pretty good, different from the regular manga. Definately a read for Evangelion lovers.

It's very odd, like crossing Evangelion with other typical Shonen mangas.

It's actually a nice idea, because while it may seem to be like a typical Shounen manga, it does have a certain uniqueness to it. But it's definately different.