PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 51 (ch492-502) Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

goldb
April 21, 2008, 07:23 AM
i just think it's too early to jump to conclusions about whether the shadowy guy is an admiral or bounty hunter....
i hope we find out about the other admirals soon though....

Razh
April 21, 2008, 08:25 AM
ANyway yeah, its possible that the axe guy is Kizaru, though I hope hes a powerful bounty hunter, and he does look like it. I mean, we havn't seen many bounty hunters since Whisky peak, it'd be a nice change.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was hoping for. I mean, we haven't really seen some strong bounty hunter who would comment on 60 million bounty piraters like they were some weaklings.

lordHokage
April 21, 2008, 08:30 AM
Most likely we are going to meet Kizaru first...if the axe guy is really him and as for my predictions for the next chapter:

1) Zoro is bound to get lost...again:rolleyes:
2) Luffy would snap and kick those guys butts.
3) Camie's past would be revealed

I agree with your predictions. :D

I would love to see Kumadori perfomed. The chapter was awesome, I wonder who that mysterious guy was.

goldb
April 21, 2008, 09:15 AM
...I mean, we haven't really seen some strong bounty hunter who would comment on 60 million bounty piraters like they were some weaklings.
lol, yeah that's true, the way this guy was talkin he sounds like hes lookin for someone strong....if hes truly a bounty hunter then i'm prayin for him to fight zoro and see how zoro fairs out against that huge axe...

UchihaMadara
April 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
Anyone know what that mark on Hacchi's head was that they mentioned? Is it possible that he was a escaped slave?

goldb
April 21, 2008, 02:09 PM
this one?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/496/18/
i dunno, it's definitely something suspicious since he won't tell luffy what it is...
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/497/05/

maybe the mark of a group of fishmen that hacchi used to belong to before joining the arlong pirates and maybe this group did something major in the shabondy archipelago...
jus gona have to wait and see,but now i'm curious about it too so if anyone has any ideas or suggestion please post ahead....

fallou
April 21, 2008, 02:31 PM
How the hell did the world nobles captured a 60 million worth pirate. They either are strong themselves or have brain washed pirates to work as kidnappers(like the huge dude behind the two we've seen last chapter). And yeah it is too early to jump to the conclusion that an admiral'll be the main villain in this arc, because that would delay fishman island AGAIN, but on the other hand, Oda has never made a powerful marine the "boss" of an arc(well, I know, cp9, but they were WG assassins, really not marines, huh). Or maybe this'll be an admiral, and the main fight'll take place on fishman island. Everything's possible, this is OP, so I think in the end, it'll be none of these two theories. Anyway at last the fun part has stopped, and things are getting back to(almost) serious.

Razh
April 21, 2008, 03:46 PM
How the hell did the world nobles captured a 60 million worth pirate.

They are world nobles. They can do anything they want.
I think Devil Dias was most likely captured by marines or a bountyhunter. Either way, he probably ended up in jail. And since these nobles can do what they like, they can probably pick some prisoners and take them, and none of the marines can say a word.
Or maybe they have their own private forces that do whatever they want.
And that giant could easilly be one of Dias' Crewmen too. I don't know. Those tattoos on his forehead and also an expression that could be interpreted as concern...

goldb
April 21, 2008, 04:17 PM
I think Devil Dias was most likely captured by marines or a bountyhunter. Either way, he probably ended up in jail. And since these nobles can do what they like, they can probably pick some prisoners and take them, and none of the marines can say a word.

I agree with you, the fact that they are descendants of kings means they have enough power to even influence over the marines and therefore can have high bounty pirates as slaves...

lordHokage
April 21, 2008, 04:49 PM
Well I wonder if admiral(s) will get involved. Nobles have a connection with them and if they know strawhat luffy does something to them, I think the marine will certainly come in. So I really look forward to the upcoming chapters because if luffy goes against the nobles then the admiral(s) and marine won't let him go easy

Everywhere Captain Monkey D. Luffy goes, trouble is not far away. :blink

fallou
April 21, 2008, 05:10 PM
Or maybe they have their own private forces that do whatever they want.
And that giant could easilly be one of Dias' Crewmen too. I don't know. Those tattoos on his forehead and also an expression that could be interpreted as concern...
Yeah, what I meant is that it seemed unprobable they had captured Dias themselves(and I don't think they'd bother fighting him, since they'd think it's vulgar and dirty). But that huge guy looks strong, I think he could be another captain from that nobles collection, maybe worth more than dias. One thing I don't get: admirals are proud people(or so it would seem), they're strong, so how can they obey such useless, depraved nobility:mad? I think it would disgust someone like Aokiji, at least...

Mische
April 21, 2008, 05:37 PM
Well its obvious where they get their "slaves" from. What do you think the kidnapping market is there for?
Probably its "chic" to have some mermaids in your aquarium at home. I mean there might be some others that buy from the slave market but i would guess its mostly nobles. The Pirates fear these exploding rings around their head as the nobles can detonate them whenever they want i bet. Also the admiral is a part that leaves them no chance to go up against their "masters".
I think they are some kind of collection ( some want the most beautiful mermaids, some want pirates).
Maybe some of the pirates have to protect them too. I see Luffy punchin that big guy into the sky before he can lay a hand on the nobles.

here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/497/13/) Hachin says it about the Pirate most likely being sold on the slave market .

One thing I don't get: admirals are proud people(or so it would seem), they're strong, so how can they obey such useless, depraved nobility:mad? I think it would disgust someone like Aokiji, at least...

Well maybe the 5 heads of the WG are descendants of those kings themself. They want to keep the status of their bloodline and with that of course their own. The marine is like every army just following orders from above so if one of the admirals is ordered to do smth. then they will. Maybe Aokji is an excemption but the others might as well not be. Most strong enemys really discusted both Luffy and us as readers. It wont be different this time so we will get to see another bad Guy working for the WG.

lelouch
April 22, 2008, 08:29 AM
My prediction of what will happen :-
1) Luffy gets pissed off and beats up a couple of nobles
2) Strawhats get into a huge fight with the nobles and their lackeys as well as bounty hunters looking to cash in on their heads (would be pretty cool if each straw hat got into a fight with completely different groups, eg Zoro would probably go to Tree 1 to find that its the main base of the nobles and beat up a bunch, Nami and Robin encounter another on their shopping spree etc)
3) Finally the nobles use their authority to call in a Marine Admiral (probably Kizaru or Akainu)
4) Strawhats flee to Fishman Island, under the guardianship of Jimbei
5) I think that Jimbei may be a good character. He most probably made a deal with the WG after seeing their overwhelming power to keep Fishman Island free from slavery in exchange for serving as one of the Shichibukai. This also ties in wtih the hatred for humans we see in Arlong earlier in the series; he probably suffered a lot due to racism from humans when he was a part of Jimbei's crew.
6) The Admiral retreats because he does not want to get into conflict with another member of the three great powers ( remember how the Gorousei expressed fear after Sir Crocodile who is probably teh weakest Shichibukai member got defeated? apparently if this balance of power is disrupted, the world itself could collapse around them or something like that..)

btw spoilers should go in the other thread.
and google translator does not work well ;p

Razh
April 22, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hachi is too weak to become a SH.. and not only that.. i can not see him as a SH..

Well, Hachi is certainly stronger than Ussop and Nami, probably even Brook.

Of course, only strong individuals can become SH, and that is the main requirement.

HikaruYami
April 24, 2008, 10:21 AM
@hikaruyami, that would actually be great fun. But i thought that brooke was nr:8. so wouldnt that give room for two more crew members?

@sarmad, he says it in chapter 1 romance dawn page 52..
"first things first. I´ve got to get a crew! I think ten men should do."

When you're describing the members of your family (or anything like that) in Japanese, you count yourself. With Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brooke, there are 9 crew members of the Straw Hats. This would be the 10th.

Also, Sarmad, great minds think alike, eh? Even if he doesn't join, I want to see at least ONE maverick Tenryuubito!

Imitorar
April 24, 2008, 10:27 AM
When you're describing the members of your family (or anything like that) in Japanese, you count yourself. With Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brooke, there are 9 crew members of the Straw Hats. This would be the 10th.

But the number chapters count Zoro as 1, Nami as 2, Usopp as 3, Sanji as 4, Chopper will be 5, Robin will be 6, Franky is 7, and Brook is 8. Therefore, Luffy's statement meant 10 crew-members plus himself, since members after him are counted as part of the ten starting from one, not two.

Blaine
April 25, 2008, 05:56 AM
Also do the strawhats really need another swordsman they already have Zoro and Brooke

Akainu
April 25, 2008, 08:07 AM
thats right, SH have enough sword wielders (right spelling? ^^)
just for the moment it seems right to take hachi along as 1)part of the guide-team and 2) substitute swordsman for zoro as long as he is hurt, though that never really stopped him.

Imitorar
April 25, 2008, 12:38 PM
Chapter 498 is finally out! Come and get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30045).

After reveling in this week's dose of awesome story, come here for some discussing and predicting fun!

NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO ONE PIECE FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS, DUE TO GOLDEN WEEK AND ODA TAKING A BREAK. EXPECT A NEW CHAPTER AROUND MAY 18TH.

Trafalgar Law
April 25, 2008, 02:58 PM
Ooooww.. I can't wait 3 weeks :S.. well awesome chapter as usual. Excited about all these new characters!

Vizard5
April 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
hm... there was a pretty good transelation in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread, but where did that go?

hasin
April 25, 2008, 04:11 PM
what about this prediction? there are 9 supernovas other than st's and 9 crew members of the strawhats. one-on-one fight bw each other namely luffy vs kid; zorro vs drake etc. wouldn't it be cool to see that? sh's beating all other rookies and becoming one of the most formidable crews of the new world. or is it just too much :P

Vizard5
April 25, 2008, 04:35 PM
if they fight i think it will be on fishman island(or the new world).. all the crews has to go that way.. and there were alot of the supernovas were swordmans so i hope zoro will get a good fight when he recovers..

Akainu
April 25, 2008, 05:48 PM
the only real matchup I can see for the strawhats is against Kid/Killer and thats not a fight to take place in the next couple of chapters.
although there are interesting matches inbetween the other rookies like the gluttony girl and the mafioso.
if I remember correctly there was something in the script that they won't fight as long as they are in the old world, so perhaps they will take some time, meet with the others and exchange knowledge? chopper and the medics crew for example? Sanji and Bonney also would be a nice pannel, but not as nice as: "they got a captain collection?" "yeah" "lets send them to the moon" ... (next coberstory: the nobles have to bow in front of god enel and his mechanic priests; funny thing is, they can live up there because of their air tanks xD .. jsut dreaming)

Mische
April 25, 2008, 06:10 PM
I doubt that there will be a 9 vs. 9 fight although it would be nice. I see some of them fighting the Sh´s. So far i think it will be like this:

Zorro will definately fight Law! Drake is no real swordsman but the way Law has his Katana with him it definatley looks like he is one. It will be an interesting fight because he looks like he really deserves his bounty. This Captain kid will probably fight Luffy since he is the "Nr. 1" of the pirates on the island (that we know of so far) when it comes to bounty and my opinion is that Luffy just has to kick his ass ;)
Sanji might go for that Killer guy since he is a member of that Kids crew. The bounties would also fit.

Eustass "Captain" Kid 315,000,000 - Monkey D. Luffy 300,000,000
"Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law 200,000,000 - Roronoa Zoro 120,000,000
"Massacre Man" Killer 162,000,000 - Sanji 77.000.000

But then we also have that misterious man on the roof. He might be the coating guy. Of course he could be anyone and anything right now.

The rest is hard to predict.I don´t think that they will fight all the other captains. Some of them will be owned by the marines and other strong guys that are hanging out in that area. Its no childrens playground anymore now that they are coming closer to the new world. i doubt that all of them will make it there!

zoidvibe
April 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
Anyone notice the trend at which Strawhats have been recruited since the crew has entered the Grand Line? Each concurrent, recruited member is older than the previously recruited--on the Grand Line. Ages fifteen, twenty-eight, thirty-four, and eighty-nine(; Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brook... respectively). Based on the released script in the spoiler thread, Shakuyaku has quit the piracy life forty years past and appears around Robin's age. Perhaps she knows of Dr. Kureha's "secret" to a long life or some equivalent medical technology that would push her age past eighty-nine. The SH's female numbers are low, as many of this community have commented.

Age factor aside, seems she can fight.

edited addition:
The age statistics appear exponential... so... having fitted an exponential regression to plotted statistics of the members recruited on the Grand Line, I predict Shakuyaku to be around the age of 134 assuming she does join the Strawhats.

Mische
April 25, 2008, 08:38 PM
She surely can fight and would bring some experiance maybe even from the New world. But we still don´t know enough about her to say she really is a candidate. Also she owns a bar and is not alone on that island but somehow bound to that coating guy ( she calls him "my man" as it was said in the spoilers). Another thing is that she has no abilities we know of so far that would really make her an important part of the crew (as everyone is specialized in smth.). Of course she could have some abilities that havn´t been shown to us yet but for now i think its unlikely that she will join!

coolerthanzerok
April 25, 2008, 09:40 PM
I'd love to see a 9 vs. 9 matchup, it's just so convenient. The ones for Luffy, Zolo, and Nami all seem cemented to me. Since Captain Kid should fight Luffy, Hawkins seems to have both the second highest non-strawhat bounty and a sword, and Bonney versus Nami just makes sense. I'm not so positive about the rest, but the numbers match up so nicely... What are more likely I suppose is Urouge vs. Franky both seem capable of fighting with unnecessarily large weapons, Scratchmen Apoo vs. Sanji. (both are martial artists) I could definitely see Brooke fighting Law, both of them are swordsmen. I have trouble placing Robin, but I don't *think* Drake is a bad matchup. Chopper and Capone is an alright matchup and I rather like Sogeking versus Killer.

wing_gundam
April 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
9 vs 9 isn't just convenient its set up!

c'mon its too perfect...!

zoro definitely needs to beat the justin timberlake version of himself.... that guy just creeps me out!

Pirulito
April 25, 2008, 11:51 PM
Awesome chapter!
I loved it!
I love this manga!

But, I was unsatisfied about Sanji dont be one of the supernovas. It´s evident that he could have a bounty above of 100 millions berries. He and Zoro are equallized.
Maybe, little maybe, Zoro is little above of Sanji but not enough for Zoro be a supernova and Sanji dont.

Yeah, I know, these qualifications is because the bounties.... not because the look from the reader since we, readers, already know that Sanji is pretty strong.

Besides, Sanji don´t being a supernova could be one of more movements from Oda to "Black Leg" keep being a straw hats´s joker.

bunshindattebayo
April 25, 2008, 11:54 PM
Never read a great non-fighting chapter in OP for a while.
Btw,about the 3 weeks without OP.Golden Week will take one week right.So Oda will take a two weeks break?

ANBU4U
April 26, 2008, 12:15 AM
I'd love to see a 9 vs. 9 matchup, it's just so convenient. The ones for Luffy, Zolo, and Nami all seem cemented to me. Since Captain Kid should fight Luffy, Hawkins seems to have both the second highest non-strawhat bounty and a sword, and Bonney versus Nami just makes sense. I'm not so positive about the rest, but the numbers match up so nicely... What are more likely I suppose is Urouge vs. Franky both seem capable of fighting with unnecessarily large weapons, Scratchmen Apoo vs. Sanji. (both are martial artists) I could definitely see Brooke fighting Law, both of them are swordsmen. I have trouble placing Robin, but I don't *think* Drake is a bad matchup. Chopper and Capone is an alright matchup and I rather like Sogeking versus Killer.

You do realize that, like the Strawhats, all 8 of these Pirate Captain's (not including Killer as he IS in Kidd's crew) probably have extremely competent crews to support them?

The matchups aren't as perfect as they look.

We may we'll see Luffy and Zorro get in a pride scuffle or two, but all in all I doubt we'll see any straight CP9 style one on one battles...

There is just no way to conveniently isolate ALL of those captains from their crews, and still somehow have the strawhats with their entire line-up.

Silfatoz
April 26, 2008, 01:15 AM
3weeks.... o_Oa

this chapter is kinda little scary... but i guess weve got new member at this chapter. :D

k-dom
April 26, 2008, 02:00 AM
Zoro will search for N°1 sector, which is in the middle of the lawless area. Surely he will bump in one of the nine

craziii
April 26, 2008, 02:11 AM
may 18th!!! cries.

Pirulito
April 26, 2008, 02:29 AM
I´m seeing posts with thoughts about battles.

So, do you think all Straw Hats will battle against the rest of supernovas right now?
For God sake!

I bet this an introduction and most of this pirates will be developmented in 'New World'. Oda wouldnt waste all this powerful characters so suddenly with battle against Straw Hats. Not right now in this prologue arc. The true arc is gyojin island.

Akainu
April 26, 2008, 03:39 AM
Zoro will search for N°1 sector, which is in the middle of the lawless area. Surely he will bump in one of the nine

not on his way there ... the strawhats landed in the "40"s the other Supernovae are in the "20"s. there is still a chance he might get to where they are while he is still taking a walk, but "on his way back" he will most likely go to the center of the archipelago( Gr1), see that he is wrong and end up directly in the Navy HQ ^^

I hate speculating on things that happen in three weeks and later -.-

Razh
April 26, 2008, 04:26 AM
I´m seeing posts with thoughts about battles.

So, do you think all Straw Hats will battle against the rest of supernovas right now?
For God sake!

I bet this an introduction and most of this pirates will be developmented in 'New World'. Oda wouldnt waste all this powerful characters so suddenly with battle against Straw Hats. Not right now in this prologue arc. The true arc is gyojin island.

If it comes to SH fighting against each of the rookies (which is a silly idea), than most of the SH will end up dead.
Picture this. Each of the SH gets to one of the rookies and they are like - Let's fight because it would be totally senseless and it would fuck up the whole manga.

None of those pirates seem like troublemakers except Kid and his crewman Killer.
Kid could go after Luffy since he is closest to him bounty-wise.
Zoro could go against Basil, Law, Killer or Drake. Doesn't matter that Drake has one mace instead of a sword.

It would be great if 9 vs 9 predictions would stop now.

Tendou88
April 26, 2008, 04:26 AM
wow those new guys looks badass and i like that new bounty introduction

lelouch
April 26, 2008, 06:36 AM
It would be great if 9 vs 9 predictions would stop now.

QFT
Awesome chapter

And can't wait 3 fucking weeks for the next one.. omg =(

Ustegius
April 26, 2008, 06:39 AM
What if Zoro goes frenzy at the Marine sections, gets a bounty raise, Supernovas hear of it, they also go frenzy (for bounty raise) and chaos is ensured. ^^

And only possible match up I can see is Luffy/Zoro vs. Kid/Killer. And all of them (expect killer) are Captains of their own crews, so I bet any of them won't join Mugiwaras.

Also for Law, I have a little hunch that he uses voodoo of some sort, u know, he is "Dark Doctor" and Captain of Heart pirates, taking control by takin the control of some ones heart? Maybe, maybe not. But he looks very shaman-ish/voodoo-ish. Also I think he is most unlikely to join the Mugiwara; He and his crew bear the sign of Flamingo, the "dreams suck" sign. Though, it isnt known if all of previous Flamingo crew were behind these cruel ideals.

And I too like the idea of Sanji's place as Mugiwaras hidden joker ^^

Kamikage
April 26, 2008, 06:51 AM
I would like to see Brook VS Hawkins a Musician VS a Magician "I will show you feats that will amaze your eyes. I'm sure they would IF I HAD ANY YOHOHOHOHOHO"

lelouch
April 26, 2008, 07:09 AM
I would like to see Brook VS Hawkins a Musician VS a Magician "I will show you feats that will amaze your eyes. I'm sure they would IF I HAD ANY YOHOHOHOHOHO"

LOL

that'd be amazing.
Wow.
Kidd sounds fucking nasty btw.

Dice
April 26, 2008, 07:59 AM
I guess Luffy will face Kid and Zoro will face his vice Killer in this arc.
Did you guys ever think about the possibilitiy that Kid isn't the strongest of the captains here? It was said that he has a higher bounty because he "cause a huge number of civilian casualitites", was it? I could imagine that Hawkings is on the same level (he doesn't seem to pick up a meaningless fight and still has a quite high bounty).

Other fights will happen in the newworld. And I guess that some of the new crews will fight against each other resulting in an increase of the bountys.

And some other things:
* There would be around three nice matches for Zoro (killer = vice of kid, Law his sword, hawkings second in bounty of the new ones and has a sword). But in this arc I see him only facing killer!
* No supernova originates from the eastblue
* Kid bears a resemblance to Beelzebub of Sand Land
* Law's flagsign bears a resemblance to that of Don Flamingo
(* Wondering who has the power of the devil)
(* Will there be any "good" ones (if so Hawkings would be a good candidate I guess))

Umbra Wolf
April 26, 2008, 08:53 AM
Wasn't anybody suprised by Urouge?
He's from Sky Island and has some huge wings.

It did suprise me. Knowledge about Sky Island doesn't seem to be common; so this puzzled me a lot.

neomaster121
April 26, 2008, 09:22 AM
the way that women was talking bought knowledge i believe that All those captians know about luffy and Zoro. Also hawkins aka mihawk names r very simular clue the two r meant to fight. Zoros in bad condition and quite low in bounty on the list. Maybe this arc is a fight in which Zoro shows the world what hes made of by beating multiple 100+ bounty captain swordsmen.

I seriously think were gonna see Zoro travelling wiping out the sword fighting 100+ people this would then make kid vs luffy happan as they would think Zoro beat killer on luffys orders

9 vs 9 will never happan Nami vs anyone with 100+ bounty lol not at this stage same with ussop brooks chopper and franky not forgetting each of these pirate captains/firstmate crews

Dice
April 26, 2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah you're right Neomaster121. They might know about Luffy and Zoro. They do at least know each other...

Wale
April 26, 2008, 11:41 AM
Wondering who has the power of the devil

I'm sure, that Law and Kidd has the power of the devil. I can not wait to see the next chapter! :)

Akainu
April 26, 2008, 12:44 PM
just finished looking up something: I found almost every other name of the supernovas has a RL archetype of a pirate or sth. similar. what I couldn't find were Urouge ... modified name? dunno. And Killer ... just a too wide field, but perhaps someone has been called alike?
alas, no explanation for the supernova, which made me sad.

UchihaMadara
April 26, 2008, 01:30 PM
I Think Kidd's crew will fight Luffies crew just because there polar opposites, Kidd's crew probably has several people in the 30-90,000,000 range that Chopper Franky Ussop could fight.

I also dont think Kidd will be a Devil's fruit user, just because all of Luffy's opponents for a long time have been devil's fruit users and its kinda getting old. (Smoker,Crocodile, Enel, Blueno,Lucci, moria) Id like them to show a normal person who was able to reach that point with just physical strength and not a ability.

ANBU4U
April 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
just finished looking up something: I found almost every other name of the supernovas has a RL archetype of a pirate or sth. similar. what I couldn't find were Urouge ... modified name? dunno. And Killer ... just a too wide field, but perhaps someone has been called alike?
alas, no explanation for the supernova, which made me sad.

You're looking into it too much.

its rather simple, take it at face value.

The 11 Big Rookies, the Big New Things, the Hot Topics.

Supernova's are sudden big bangs as far as observers are concerned (ignore the long stages of a star and dwarf before implosion...its not that serious.)

THUS

You have the 11 Supernovae

A.K.A The 11 Monster Rookies

Wale
April 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
I also dont think Kidd will be a Devil's fruit user, just because all of Luffy's opponents for a long time have been devil's fruit users and its kinda getting old. (Smoker,Crocodile, Enel, Blueno,Lucci, moria) Id like them to show a normal person who was able to reach that point with just physical strength and not a ability.

Well yeah you might be right.. i mean Zoro has no ability and he's really strong too.

Amekage
April 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
You forgot Shanks. At least 10 Years before now he had not eaten a devils fruit but his crew was awesome enough to get the gum-gum-fruit.
Shanks as the captain was the strongest and most likely he hasnt changed his way of fighting. I really would like more pirates without a devils fruit.

szhang
April 26, 2008, 03:18 PM
the bounties are soo fucked up for like the Straw Hats though

I mean first of all, luffy's bounty didn't go up at all after Thriller Park episod and beating Moria would definitely increase luffy's bounty above Eustass Kid

315,000,000 is Eusbtass Kid, after beating Moria, luffy's bounty should definitely be around

350,000,000-400,000,000

also i think zoro does not get enough credit, his not that much weaker than luffy, he should at least be at
his also my favorite character, and definitely should have a higher bounty, because if he is to beat hawkeye, another shichibukai, then he needs to be at least at 200,000,000 plus to even stand a chance

also sanji's bounty should be higher too, sanji and zoro are like complementaries, although zoro gets a lot more attention and appear stronger, they both are strong and at times fight as equals in the manga

IMO
Luffy: 400,000,000
Eustass Kid: 315,000,000
Zoro: 200,000,000
Sanji: 120,000,000

Mische
April 26, 2008, 04:12 PM
Thats why i said the bounties would fit for the fights i predicted :

Eustass "Captain" Kid 315,000,000 - Monkey D. Luffy 300,000,000
"Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law 200,000,000 - Roronoa Zoro 120,000,000
"Massacre Man" Killer 162,000,000 - Sanji 77.000.000

That would be fair bounties for the Sh´s except for Luffy maybe but his capability lays out of question anyways.
I can´t wait for the next chapters. I see some really nice episodes coming.

Pirulito
April 26, 2008, 04:30 PM
Well, I agree about it. Same thing that I writed in posts ago.

sanji and zoro are like complementaries […] they both are strong and at times fight as equals in the manga

Definitively, Sanji is a supernova but not declared.

About the bounties:

Now I´m thinking: What is more grandiose now: to defeat a 7bukai or the incident in Ennies Lobby?

Mainly, in such circumstance, Thriller Bark was a isolate incident. Moria will keep going be a 7bukai and “no one” will know about his defeat. Unlikely the incidents in Alabasta and Ennies Lobby.
These incidents almost put the WG in check… pirates win a 7bukai traitor ( can you wonder the reaction from people knowing this?), the declaration of war and the destruction of Ennies Lobby… From these reasons, straw hats pirates gained bounties. Bounty doesn´t means only strength after all, but also how much you are dangerous to WG.

I think Oda leaved it clear. Because it, I only believe in a raise of straw hats bounties if they do something greater or equal to incident in Ennies Lobby.

Zoro-kun
April 26, 2008, 04:52 PM
Hmm, that sure was a very interestin chapter..! liked it very much.
Oda is a genius, 5 crews at the same time in one Island. ^_^ damn cool:P Im looking forwards to the fights with sanji and zoro, i think they will pwn extremly..^^ and soon their bounty will raise.. yay!=)

The last line was very cool too " my man is 100 times stronger that all you boys". I bet her man is Monkey D. Dragon. =) just with sercret name.
[hr]

I mean first of all, luffy's bounty didn't go up at all after Thriller Park episod and beating Moria would definitely increase luffy's bounty above Eustass Kid

315,000,000 is Eusbtass Kid, after beating Moria, luffy's bounty should definitely be around

350,000,000-400,000,000

also i think zoro does not get enough credit, his not that much weaker than luffy, he should at least be at
his also my favorite character, and definitely should have a higher bounty, because if he is to beat hawkeye, another shichibukai, then he needs to be at least at 200,000,000 plus to even stand a chance

also sanji's bounty should be higher too, sanji and zoro are like complementaries, although zoro gets a lot more attention and appear stronger, they both are strong and at times fight as equals in the manga

IMO

u havn't got it yet? The WG dont want anyone to know that the SH has beaten a schikabukai(moria). And caus of that they wont raise their bounties.

The same could have happened to that "Kid" too though. What have he done to get a such high bounty? maybe he has defeaten a schikabukai? and the WG didnt want any1 to know about it, so maybe "kid" acctually has a bounty at over 400 000 000 beli. who knows? Oda =)

Mische
April 26, 2008, 04:57 PM
Well but although the moria incident wasn´t put into the newspapers and Kuma was supposed to kill anyone knowing about it they could still get a higher bounty for it. The WG doesn´t have to give out reasons i guess...

The new bounties always come some time after the incident. Kid might think he could play with Luffy a little since his bounty is higher and then he gets his ass beaten while the new bounties come out (yeah yeah, i know it has been there already;))

I think Oda leaved it clear. Because it, I only believe in a raise of straw hats bounties if they do something greater or equal to incident in Ennies Lobby.

As you said it yourself the bounty shows the Thread one is to the WG. Them being so close to the HQ alone is a higher threat to them so the bounty should be raised just because of that. Also they beat up Morias whole army and the "unbeatable Monster Zombie". Kuma knows of this so the WG also does. They know that the Sh´s have gained strenght once again although for us the gap didn´t seem so big after the Enies Lobby incident. Thats defiantely another reason to raise their bounty since if they are declared to be a threat to Wg they defiantely are a bigger thread the stronger they are!

In Morias matter i would doubt that he is so powerful anymore now. He was really dependant on his Army and he has no shadows left. It probably takes some time to collect enough strong shadows since that was the source of his power. He is out of the game for some time i´d say.

Finale
April 26, 2008, 05:09 PM
The Supernovas seem to like testing their abilities against each other. We've seen a few of them sparing with each other in only a few pages. I wonder what would happen if one were to kill one of the others? I also hope that Sanji has a significant fight in this arc or the Fishman island arc to get a bounty rise.

ANBU4U
April 26, 2008, 05:14 PM

350,000,000-400,000,000

IMO

Bounties aren't scouter levels......they're a general assessment of a pirate or outlaws threat to the world government based on any number of factors.

Generally speaking those factors are strength, political and social connections, and forbidden knowledge.

Strength is typically the biggest factor, but it's not the only one.

Regardless, my point is that bounties are only a general indicator of "strength" at best, so its nigh pointless to rank a group of 11 individuals in order of strength based on bounties that range from approximately 100-300 million beli.

Those margins are too small for the most part.

As far as their bounties are concerned they should all be more or less, in the same league with one another.
Give or take an anomaly.

Furthermore, its pointless to debate what the strawhats bounties SHOULD be based on what the governments trying to cover up.
Yes, the strawhat's bounties would be higher if the government didn't care about how much attention the strawhat crew recieved...but don't you have to assume that the other 8 pirate crews represented by the supernovae have received similar (if not the same) treatment?

So if you inflate the strawhats bounties you have to do the same to the rest of the pirates bounties, at least a bit.

Bounties are imperfect and flawed power rankings. Thats why they're so brilliant.

Its pointless arguing them to the beli.

black_crow
April 26, 2008, 05:41 PM
This was a great chapter! But one thing is bugging me. Zoro is still wandering around. I think next chapter will focus on the coating guy, then show Zoro running into someone on the last page.
three weeks...:(....

szhang
April 26, 2008, 05:46 PM
i m quite aware that the world government doesn;t want the news of thriller bark becoming public, but still if the government can raise the bounty of Luffy and etc just so that more marines would go after them. I mean the world government has lied about so much, i bet they could have raised luffy's bounty and blamed that on like his relationship to ace or watev
sparknotes: in the end, i think Luffy's bounty should be higher

Things that i can't wait for

Long anticipated Zoro v Hawkeye

Introduction of Akainu or Kinueru

The conclusion of Ace v Teach fight

Luffy vs. Teach

Luffy vs Shanks, or Luffy encountering Shanks

Luffy vs. Aokiji

Luffy meets Dragon

More history about possible Roger-Luffy relation:tem:tem:tem:tem:tem:tem:tem

p.s ANBU4U, i understand what your saying and they make sense, but i still want to argue about them just because thats what forums are all about. Its just i really can't imagine anyone else's journey to the archaepelogo more enduring and harder than luffy's. THINK about it, they defeated 2 out of the 7 shichibukai, and Kocked out CP9. I mean, if your correct to assume that all fo teh Supernovas journey were the same, or at least similar in level. Then that potentially means all shichibukai would have been wiped out, and the world government would be in deep shit.

ANBU4U
April 26, 2008, 07:08 PM
p.s ANBU4U, i understand what your saying and they make sense, but i still want to argue about them just because thats what forums are all about. Its just i really can't imagine anyone else's journey to the archaepelogo more enduring and harder than luffy's. THINK about it, they defeated 2 out of the 7 shichibukai, and Kocked out CP9. I mean, if your correct to assume that all fo teh Supernovas journey were the same, or at least similar in level. Then that potentially means all shichibukai would have been wiped out, and the world government would be in deep shit.

True, but their are other powers outside of CP9 and the 7 Gods of the Seas.

The other pirates could have gone through any number of opponents, likely a list of Captains (remember how strong smoker was) Vice-Admirals and the other CP groups.

Not to mention other tough pirate crews.

Depending on how many of these groups they fought on their way to Shaybondy their respective journey's may have been near to or more grueling than the strawhats.

Luffy's trip was surprisingly WG-centric once he hit the grandline. I'm sure their are a ton of other credible threats on these seas. It just seems like Luffy's done the most because we don't know what else is out there.

Look at Enel for instance. You think he was the only wild card on the grandline?

Pirulito
April 26, 2008, 07:30 PM
It´ll be good if Luffy start to read newspapers from now on.

lelouch
April 26, 2008, 08:57 PM
Look at Enel for instance. You think he was the only wild card on the grandline?

He sure as hell was one of the strongest people we've seen so far, and that includes Moria, Crocodile and Lucci. Didn't Oda say that he'd have a bounty fo 500 mil belli just based on his strength if he was a piratE?

hasin
April 27, 2008, 03:02 AM
almost everybody agrees that sh's and the kid's crew are gonna fight each other but what is unclear is that what will happen to the other supernovas. there are two possible outcomes.
1. every sh defeating one of the supernovas and showing that they are by far strongest of the rookies( the coolest way)
2. sh crew only defeat the kid's crew with the help of the other supernovas and supernovas fight each other
but what about rayleigh, the admiral protecting tenryuubitos and the axe guy. i believe this arc will be a rather long arc and definitely a great one ;)

note: i also think that no other supernovas had gone through same level of things as sh's. 2 shikubukais, cp9, buster call, enel are not avarage guys that could be fought at any routes and sh's deserve much higher bounties.

k-dom
April 27, 2008, 03:04 AM
Well but although the moria incident wasn´t put into the newspapers and Kuma was supposed to kill anyone knowing about it they could still get a higher bounty for it. The WG doesn´t have to give out reasons i guess...

Yes, Thriller bark is still secret, Shakkie who looks well informed didn't know about brook

It´ll be good if Luffy start to read newspapers from now on.
I'm sure Nami and Robin do, so there is no need for him

Anyway the 3 weeks will be shorter for me, since it is golden week in france too :-)

Ustegius
April 27, 2008, 03:21 AM
Hmm.. I'm really confused, I'm sure I made a Supernova discussion last night, but its not in Tree of Knowledge, and a thread made (later than mine) by someone else is locked. Hmm.. I don't get, maybe I was so tired that I imagined things :D Whatever, to the point ->

Everyone is thinking about Zoros fate and such, but I'd really like to see whats happening with Robin and Nami, I bet they are data gathering ^^

I'm also really looking forward to comedy provided by Bonnie; Just imagine what kinds of things could happen if she meets with Luffy or Sanji :D

Koen
April 27, 2008, 03:35 AM
My main concern:

If luffy shows up I wonder what'll be the pirate rookies their reaction. It's mentioned they had similar problems coming to the archipelgo at the gates of the new world but I am so sure nobody won a war against the marine in enies (or was it something else?)

renrutal
April 27, 2008, 03:50 AM
He sure as hell was one of the strongest people we've seen so far, and that includes Moria, Crocodile and Lucci. Didn't Oda say that he'd have a bounty fo 500 mil belli just based on his strength if he was a piratE?

Yep, Enel would be in the 500s by power alone. He just happened to find one single man in the whole world whom his powers were ineffective against.

Bounties only go up when you do something against the World Government, defeating pirates won't help you.

Amekage
April 27, 2008, 03:55 AM
Bounties only go up when you do something against the World Government, defeating pirates won't help you.

That's not true. Bounties also are given as a measurement of strength. Remember Luffies first Bounty. After punching one marine he got his Bounty due to the pirates he defeated before. Punching one marine usually doesn't give you a bounty of 30 000 000

goldb
April 27, 2008, 04:19 AM
note: i also think that no other supernovas had gone through same level of things as sh's. 2 shikubukais, cp9, buster call, enel are not avarage guys that could be fought at any routes and sh's deserve much higher bounties.

i agree with you, i think when shakky was explaining the different routes all the supernovas took to get to the shabondy archipelago, that they were more or less as dangerous as each other, but i think that the strawhats definetely got the hardest route out of all the other rookies(not to say that their routes were easier or anything....)

Luckas
April 27, 2008, 05:12 AM
Apparently not everyone remember that discussions about the latest chapter is limited to the discussion thread until the Monday after its release :amuse

Zoro-kun
April 27, 2008, 06:33 AM
Gash, 3 weeks for the next chapter! =/ that's lame=(

Spoiler: Monkey D. Dragon is the woman's husband at the last page.=)

Vizard5
April 27, 2008, 08:02 AM
i think that the strawhats didn't get bountys for defeating cp9 but only for attacking the W.G. cause cp9 isn't suposed to exist.. and we know that the W.G. would do that to hide the existance of cp9 cause they did a similar thing with moria..

wing_gundam
April 27, 2008, 08:25 AM
Yep, Enel would be in the 500s by power alone. He just happened to find one single man in the whole world whom his powers were ineffective against.

That's not true. Bounties also are given as a measurement of strength. Remember Luffies first Bounty. After punching one marine he got his Bounty due to the pirates he defeated before. Punching one marine usually doesn't give you a bounty of 30 000 000

Exactly... his got his bounty for Arlong and the gold guy
[hr]

Well yeah you might be right.. i mean Zoro has no ability and he's really strong too.

Garp isn't a user... look at him!

also with the 'read of the news' is something Nami used to do - at least in the Alabaster arc I think that's where it stopped - she would buy from the birds.

Pirulito
April 27, 2008, 09:11 AM

i agree with you, i think when shakky was explaining the different routes all the supernovas took to get to the shabondy archipelago, that they were more or less as dangerous as each other, but i think that the strawhats definetely got the hardest route out of all the other rookies(not to say that their routes were easier or anything....)

Every supernova lived in their adventures. We have to keep it in mind.

See how many things WG hided about SH. The same attitude can have made to all the supernovas.
Who knows one of supernovas won a 7bukai? Who knows one of the supernovas won a secret organization like CP9? Who knows one of supernovas won strong marines like Smoker or Hina? Who knows one of supernovas destroyed another WG´s important island?

We also have to keep in mind that this rookies are candidates to be Pirate King.

I´m sure Oda will surprise us with this new character.

fallou
April 27, 2008, 09:16 AM
Caimie's got a thing for Hachan doesn't she? Lucky octopuss bastard! what a great chapter! too bad we've gotta wait three weeks!and shakky's hot!

Wale
April 27, 2008, 09:32 AM
If luffy shows up I wonder what'll be the pirate rookies their reaction. It's mentioned they had similar problems coming to the archipelgo at the gates of the new world but I am so sure nobody won a war against the marine in enies (or was it something else?)

Maybe some of them will respect Luffy, or fear him.. but not the Kidd Pirates..

Exactly... his got his bounty for Arlong and the gold guy

Not really. He got the bounty for Buggy too.

fallou
April 27, 2008, 09:50 AM
Next chapter's gonna be about the coating guy...What if it was Zoro who finds him...And tries to pick a fight, and gets beaten up easily...

goldb
April 27, 2008, 09:52 AM
yeah, remember that Smoker was shown to having a scar on his chest when the new bounties came up, maybe one of the supernovas did that to him....maybe

@ zoro-kun, you're definetely using your mind there...who knows it could be true...

Akainu
April 27, 2008, 09:53 AM
the problem is: there are 9 crews with 11 supernovae, but only 7 shichibukai + 1 replacement - 2 Luffy took down = 6 persons for the others to beat.
mihawk should be left for zoro, kuma was just recently seen, teach isn't shichibukai long enough nor is he that weak... flamingo, jimbei and the uknown one left .... honestly do you think they had an encounter?
furthermore: shacky already stated that the only pirate at shabondy with an higher bounty than luffy caused a lot of civilian casulties. that surely isn't the only reason, but pillaging every island on his way explains a lot.
comparing this to Luffy: no pillaging, no bounty for croc, none for enel, none for CP9 and none for moria ... although I'm sure WG might take the ones they know of for the next raise, Luffy is underrated atm (no credit for enel and moria) and the rest of his crew too.
its not that much about zoro and sanji but rather the lower end: chopper (rumble ball research, monster chopper), brook (50 year old bounty), usopp (only as sogeking ...) and so on, most of them got their bounts solely because of EL.

lordHokage
April 27, 2008, 10:33 AM
Next chapter's gonna be about the coating guy...What if it was Zoro who finds him...And tries to pick a fight, and gets beaten up easily...

I can see Zoro and engineer fighting for all the stupid reasons. I think Captain Luffy need an engineer on his ship. The chapter was awesome. :D

Tobi Uchiha
April 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
When shakkie said that the coating guy is 100 times stronger than luffy, what did she mean? Because she has no idea how strong he is and i don't think she meant the bounty, because that would be just ridiculous...

Wale
April 27, 2008, 12:03 PM
When shakkie said that the coating guy is 100 times stronger than luffy, what did she mean? Because she has no idea how strong he is and i don't think she meant the bounty, because that would be just ridiculous...

Did not Shakki said, that the engineer guy is 100 times stronger than all the 11 Pirates?

Razh
April 27, 2008, 12:07 PM
It was a figure of speech. It means that he is a veteran pirate and no rookie would stand a chance against him.

k-dom
April 27, 2008, 12:10 PM
If there is a special event for episode 500 as some people guess, it shall be the departure to mermaid island and the crossing of red line don't you think ? (as episode 100 was departure for grand line)
There is 1 episodes left, which give no time for a huge fight to begin

Tobi Uchiha
April 27, 2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you wale, i guess in my chapter there is a misstranslation...

Vizard5
April 27, 2008, 12:25 PM
i guess that makes him as strong as nightmare luffy.. which would prolly make WB as strong as moria when he consumed 1000 shadows if not stronger..

szhang
April 27, 2008, 01:07 PM
Shichibukai

CrocodileXXXDeseased (Replaced by Blackbeard)
Hawkeye active
Flamingo active
Kuma active
Geko Moria
Jinbei(mermaid Captain) Active
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/07/
White Beard (is he shichibukai, i m quite sure he is, but i may be wrong)

So these are the shichibukai, and are they the strongest priates in the world? or just the ones who happened to be wicked strong and was sanctioned by the WG, but may not necessarily be the strongest?

goldb
April 27, 2008, 01:40 PM
@szhang, crocodile is not dead...he was last seen on miss goldenweek's mini adventures where he is held in impel down along with mr.1, mr.2 bon kurei and mr.3
and whitebeard is not a shichibukai, the remaining member has yet to be seen or heard of...
we could find out about in this arc(i hope)

Zoro-kun
April 27, 2008, 02:05 PM
I've read this chapter 3 times now.. still very good ^^

BUT i've come up with some theories. FIRST of all i think Hacchan is hiding something.. look at his "scar" (tatoo) in his head that he's hiding. He's up to something. I just know it!

And at the first meeting with Shakky we see her beating up a guy at her bar, witch means she's strong, and she used to be a pirat. AND she tells them that her husband is
"100 times stronger than any of you boys", and to be so strong, he has to be famous. Maybe one of the 4 jounku or something? OR maybe Monkey D. Dragon!!

Monkey D. Dragon is the most wanted criminal. why? because he's Shakkys husband, he's helping pirats over to the new world. This all makes sense!

Shakky is luffy's mother, and Monkey D. Dragon is his father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im 100% sure:P

Vizard5
April 27, 2008, 02:21 PM
^it is not Dragon.. that makes no sense at all.. i'm not gonna list the reasons but trust me, it's not dragon.. (and yes i realize there might be some irony in your post :p)

i think the reason hachi is hiding the mark on his forehead is to hide that he is a merman..

fallou
April 27, 2008, 02:37 PM
Shakky never said the coating guy was her husband, and he probably isn't since he's "finding women", as Shakky says at some point of the chapter. And being Luffy's mom...Well, no. No specific reason to say so, just no can't be. But at least Zoro-kun has theories...I don't have a single one, really no clue about what's gonna happen, everything seems so open with ten new strong characters, the Navy headquaters nearby, a Shichibukai not far, the world nobles, bounty hunters. Anything can happen:amuse

Zoro-kun
April 27, 2008, 03:39 PM
Of course im joking around a bit, but as a matter of fact shakky DID say that he was her husband (look at the last page, "my man? he will be fine...")
And dont u guys think that Shakky resembles Luffy a bit? and that she was a pirat, and that her husband was "100 times stronger than any of them".

Dont come running to me if im right and ALL of u guys are wrong=) :P
I dont remember who wrote that about hacchan and his "scar", but i think u're right... they might not like mermans there.. hehe, norwegians are the best..;) :P

Razh
April 27, 2008, 03:46 PM
i think the reason hachi is hiding the mark on his forehead is to hide that he is a merman..

Is that irony again? :p

It's pretty obvious that he's a merman, with or without the tatoo.

We still don't know what that tatoo stands for. Could be something that would get him into trouble.

Raleigh doesn't have to be her husband.

Tobi Uchiha
April 27, 2008, 04:23 PM
Isn't that tatoo the sign from aarlong? Every member from aarlongs creew had such a tatoo if i remember it right. And because aarlong and his crew is in impel down, he doesn't want to be recognized by the marine. Look here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/85/05/) :noworry

fallou
April 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
Isn't the tatoo Arlong's mark? I'd swear it's the same one Nami has...

Vizard5
April 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
no i'm serious :p it is easy to see that hachi and camie is trying to hide that they are merfolk.. maybe mermen are not wanted there or maybe it's something specific they have done.. camie can't ride the ferris wheel for some reason and i think it's cause she's a mermaid..

and yea, norwegians rule! :p or at least we like to think so..

EDIT: i'm pretty sure it is not the same as the arlong mark..

EDIT2: i checked it out and arlong got a similar mark on his chest, but it's not the same as his flag or the mark on namis arm..

sahugani
April 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
but it was also on the Macro crew, which makes me think its a symbol of Jimbei's former crew

Tobi Uchiha
April 27, 2008, 04:31 PM
What's the Macro cew again? the cew from duval?

fallou
April 27, 2008, 04:41 PM
The macro crew is a bunch of guys who trade a treasure map to Hachan against Caimie in the cover story with Hachan..It's funny, macro(maquereau ) means pimp in french.Don't know if it's on purpose...

feanaro
April 27, 2008, 04:44 PM
And dont u guys think that Shakky resembles Luffy a bit? and that she was a pirat, and that her husband was "100 times stronger than any of them".

She stopped 40 years ago, about the time that Ace was born?? Or does anyone know how old Ace actually is?

And the fact that Garp was going after her gets a slightly different meaning if she was his son's wife...
:p

But seriously Dragon coating ships right in front of the HQ of WG:p Would be just awesome but I doubt that,
on the other hand maybe she's really Luffy's mum but Raileigh does not need to be her husband

And here is the mark of Arlonghttp://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/19/

but arlong has hacchi's mark on himself
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/13/
so it's jimbei's, isn't it?
Vizard5 was a bit faster:P sry

Razh
April 27, 2008, 05:15 PM
If it's Jimbei's sign than it's reasonable to try to hide it. From other pirates. Most pirates don't like Shichibukai much.

goldb
April 27, 2008, 07:25 PM
@feanaro: ace was born 3 years before luffy and therefore is 20 years old...

in terms of the tattoos, i don't know if it's one rebellious group or the mark of jimbei's pirates because arlong's crew all seem to have different tattoos...

wing_gundam
April 27, 2008, 09:28 PM
I hardly think "my guy?" refers to her husband...

Chop: "I'm worried about the coating guy"
S: "My (coating) guy?"

That's how I read it.

Silfatoz
April 27, 2008, 09:31 PM
what? that "coating guy" is her husband? where did she said that?

sharingan_kakashi
April 28, 2008, 12:47 AM
Does it really matter if its her husband or not? thats just a trivia information.
what i want to know is who this former pirate is. He was probably one of the strong people in Rogers' time.
I predict that he is a former 4 kings. Hopefully he will be one of the mainstay characters

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 03:20 AM
About the "100 times stronger than any of you"...

Well, Crocodile and Moria are Shichibukais, I believe there shouldn't be more than 20 people stronger than them in the entire world, and I mean including all the three powers. In fact, Moria isn't a pirate which "fought in equal with one of the Yonkou"?
Moria fear the New World, but he fought with a Yonkou, he is not Krieg who run back when entering the Grand Line.

What I am saying is... what did that woman really know about Luffy feats? Nobody know he beat down Crocodile and Moria.
And what is the official story about Ennies Lobby? Nobody knows that the CP9 exists, the official story is about Strawhats aiming with cannons and shooting the place. Lucci is a man that even Aokiji of Kuma wouldn't believe would be defeated.

And the Government doesn't announce about Moria, and we doesn't know if the two big bounts Luffy got really reflect what he did, because none of them were announced with the real story.

And about bounties... maybe those guys with bounties higher than 200 are really really strong, or maybe they have some tricks and will say "Kidd is unbelievable strong, he could stand ten seconds against a Shichibukai!!"...

Razh
April 28, 2008, 05:55 AM
I predict that he is a former 4 kings.

There are no former Yonkou. These 4 are the original ones.

And while EG didn't announce that Moria is defeated, Kuma didn't really do his job. He did the exact opposite by letting everyone live. So, the survivnig pirates know that Moria got beaten, and they will surely spread the rumours.
Plus there are probably a lot of pirates like that captain that was hiding from the sun, and they know Moria is beaten too.

But I surely agree that nobody who gathers information by reading newspapers can even begin to realize how strong Luffy is.

vashdestampede
April 28, 2008, 06:04 AM
And about bounties... maybe those guys with bounties higher than 200 are really really strong, or maybe they have some tricks and will say "Kidd is unbelievable strong, he could stand ten seconds against a Shichibukai!!"...

haha and Oda just wipes them out in one chapter...

I really hope Oda dispenses with the bounties in the New World
Like "bounties mean nothing in the new world" and there people are deemed strong by reputation rather than how the World Government ranks them

Either that, or the people the strawhats will fight will be non-pirates and thus we can have strong enemies who don't have bounties of billions

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
There are no former Yonkou. These 4 are the original ones.Was that stated in manga? =p

vashdestampede, yes yes. And since the four emperors grow up in the New World, probably they take control of the place by beating numerous pirates, not marines.

I fell like weird with those fake bounties like Mihawk 700 millions... I can't see how the Emperors would have more than four hundreds... I guess that the highest bounty (Dragon) is a half billion and something said like "the only man that actually had that bounty was Roger".

Vizard5
April 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
i don't think any1 with a bounty over 100 million should be underestimated.. there is no doubt that these guys are strong, what i am wondering most about is if they are a real threat to the SH's. and i think they are.. some of them anyway.. i think these will be the guys who will fight to become the next pirate king in the end.. but then again u never know with oda.. maybe they really are no match for luffy at all... but one thing i know, and that is that the SH's bountys are greatly underpriced, luffy's might not be that far off, but zoro and at least sanji should have higher. and maybe some of the other rookies' bountys are underpriced too..

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 07:47 AM
Drake, Kidd or Hawkins seems like to be crews with a powerfull captain. Those are not the most dangerous to Strawhats, but characters such as "Dark Doctor" really are. Just think, what had he done, is he just a strong crew medic? It comes to my mind something like a man who poisoned numerous hospitals...

lelouch
April 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
There are no former Yonkou. These 4 are the original ones.

Why the hell are yu always so sure of yurself :(

It has never been stated in the manga whether or not they are the original 4.

Please calm down.

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 07:55 AM
As far we know, we have no idea if the Yonkou or Shichibukai are some original group or anything.
But the Pirate Era begins 22 years ago, so we may not expect much events inside the three powers. Jimbei hadn't became a Shichibukai 8 years ago?

Razh
April 28, 2008, 08:02 AM
Because it's not a group like Shichibukai. It's just 4 most powerfull pirates and everybody calls them Yonkou.
Why do you give a shit that I'm so sure? I am.

Please calm down.

Mische
April 28, 2008, 08:03 AM
About that Tattoo Hachan has and covers on his forehead its of course that he tries to hide that he is a fishman. He even says it to Luffy in the last manga that he doesn´t want anyone to know Carnie and him are fishman...

I think in the New World bounties don´t count so much anymore anyways since its mostly under the control of the 4 Emperors. You can give all of them a bounty of 4 billion but seriously why should the marines do that? There is no one around who could beat them anyways.

There are 2 reasons to give out a bounty.
1. to make the pirates kill eachother
2. to make bounty hunters go after them.

The WG and the 4 Emperors have obviously made an agreement to not fight against each other as it was said before when Shanks and WB came together.

What we know of the WG so far their biggest concern was always that the "World Balance" would be disturbed. If you look at it like that, to give an incredible bounty for them makes no sence at all. I think neither them or their crews really have a bounty at all. Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/10/) this Rockstar guy says:"No i am still a Rookie. But when i was a pirate..." I think that your status changes once you are a part of one of the Emperors crews or maybe even once you arrive in the New World. Its not so much the WG´s territory anymore then.

Of course it doesn´t mean that the Marine is not imprisoning them anymore when they get the chance (Ace) But has anyone ever heard of Ace having a bounty? It was only always said that he was famous.

I think as some others said it we shouldn´t discuss the bounties one by one. Everybody who made it this far is strong but what my guess is that we will learn that to be strong in Grand Line means to be weak in the New World! I guess most of the rookies are weaker than the Sh´s. And as i said it before most of them won´t make it to the New World anyways...

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
What we know of the WG so far their biggest concern was always that the "World Balance" would be disturbed. If you look at it like that, to give an incredible bounty for them makes no sence at all. I think neither them or their crews really have a bounty at all. Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/10/) this Rockstar guy says:"No i am still a Rookie. But when i was a pirate..." I think that your status changes once you are a part of one of the Emperors crews or maybe even once you arrive in the New World. Its not so much the WG´s territory anymore then.That about Rockstar is very interesting, I never noted that... but maybe it could be something personal about him, because it doesn't make much sense since the emperors are called "Whitebeard pirates" and whatever. =p
And Smoker said he couldn't let Ace escape.

Vizard5
April 28, 2008, 08:46 AM
Drake, Kidd or Hawkins seems like to be crews with a powerfull captain. Those are not the most dangerous to Strawhats, but characters such as "Dark Doctor" really are. Just think, what had he done, is he just a strong crew medic? It comes to my mind something like a man who poisoned numerous hospitals...

law is not only the crew doctor but the captain too.. omho all bountys over 200 mil is a threat.. but the did the monk guy have a 108 or a 180 bounty?

Koen
April 28, 2008, 08:46 AM
hmmm, maybe among the shichibukai there used to be some rookie pirates too standing before the gates of the new world. Maybe they were convinced by WG to choose their side

it isn't coincidence the WG is at the same place where pirates need to be to enter the new world? any new great story served? seems so

endless_dream
April 28, 2008, 08:57 AM
it isn't coincidence the WG is at the same place where pirates need to be to enter the new world? any new great story served? seems so

That's sounds pretty suspicious...but then the reason why WG would be there is because they wanted to arrest the pirates who came here...as for the pirates themselves, they just wanted to visit more new lands and do whatever they want to do there. Naturally, both the WG and pirates would be in the same place...

Anyway, this chapter featured the pirates (including Luffy and Zoro) with bounties more than 100 million and does anybody think there would be a fight between these pirates and the Strawhats? If there is, the Strawhat crew are going to have their bounties raised again if they defeated those pirates...

Zoro-kun
April 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
Ofc' there will be some fights! What the hell do u think? Luffy is stupid, he will fight anyone, Zoro is walking by himself with 11 wanted pirats on the Island. There gonna be a hell of a fight :D

About hacchan's tatoo. It looks like he has the same tatoo as Arlong.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/13/
But someone mentioned that they might be in Jimpei's crew. That's WRONG =)
First of all, most of the schikabukais dont have any crew, and hacchan is WAY too weak.
and as u can see at the picture, even that karateguyfishman - the one sanji beated when he was "NOOB" - has the same tatoo on his chest.
So I very much doubt that they're a part of jimpei's crew (if he acctualy has one).

But 1 think that I'm sure of is that we'll see 2 ppl very soon, the Admirals that is. I dont remember their names, but there are 3 admirals, Aokiji and 2 others. I'm refering to the two others:P Red dog, and blue bird or something lol. But I'm SURE they will appear sometime very soon.
[hr]
ohh, 1 more thing. Stop caring about the bounties. they dont say anything about what they have done. We dont know Monkey D. Dragons bounty, but we know it's high. Just look at Nico Robins bounty?! 80 million beli (?) If she's the only one left that can read the polyglyphs (dunno how i spell it:P), that tells where and how to build the two weapons of mass destruction (pulton and other) shouldn't she have a higher bounty?

and 1 more thing. someone mentioned that hawkeye had a bounty at 700 million beli, that's not right.. ;)

sry 4 doubleposting =/

UchihaMadara
April 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
First of all, most of the schikabukais dont have any crew, and hacchan is WAY too weak.

Were did you get this dumb idea?

Crocodile Had a crew.
Moria Had a crew.
Blackbeard has a crew.
Jimbei has a crew.
Flamingo has slaves and maybe a crew.

Kuma and Mihawk are the only 2 members to be shown without a crew.

Zoro-kun
April 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
Were did you get this dumb idea?

Crocodile Had a crew.
Moria Had a crew.
Blackbeard has a crew.
Jimbei has a crew.
Flamingo has slaves and maybe a crew.

Kuma and Mihawk are the only 2 members to be shown without a crew.

lol?
Crocodile was the head of an organisation, he had no "crew" and he sucked btw. Mr. 1 was the only good one. or maybe u concider Mr. 2 the transformer as good?

Moria had zombies, they all sucked(the best was that ghost girl that got defeated by usopp, i say no more)

BLACKBEARD aint a schikabukai!

WE DONT KNOW anything about Jimbei

WE DONT KNOW anything about don Flamingo

Kuma dont have any crew

Mihawk dont have any crew either

so wtf do u talk about?
where i got my "dumb" idea..? u can guess 3 times.. baka

Calm down. I'm sure you can express yourself differently.

Akainu
April 28, 2008, 01:56 PM
we know very well that flamingo left his crew and bellamy in charge of it, although he still "cared" about them.
we also know that jimbei's crew at least split (setting arlong free in the east blue), though we do not know whether or not there are still some loyal parts of his crew left near him.

and last but not least your not up to date ... Blackbeard is Shichibukai.

Vizard5
April 28, 2008, 02:27 PM
as akainu said blackbeard is shichibukai, and some shichibukai's have crews.. we know that arlong was a part of jimbei's crew, but we do not know if he was a shichibukai at that time.. but if arlong was part of his crew chances are that hachi were too...

Imitorar
April 28, 2008, 02:36 PM
People, please remember to be civil towards each other. Do not flame, do not bash, do not call names, etc. or punishments may have to be dispensed towards offending members.

Zoro-kun
April 28, 2008, 03:17 PM
sry imitorar, it just that when he says it was a dumb idea and says 3 wrong facts about the schikabukai i get a little angry.. :P

and btw i did never say that no1 of the schikabukai had a crew, i said "most" and i said that hacchan was too weak nothing more, he started it =)

but i still belive that jimbei dont have any crew. Can any1 give me a link to the manga where it shows that BB has been confirmed as a schikabukai..? I might have overlooked it.. =/

sharingan_kakashi
April 28, 2008, 03:25 PM
Yup. Bounties means squat. Its just how much a threat they pose to the WG. also, if the SH pirates fight other pirates and the WG doesnt know about it. They wont get an increase in bounty. And the one guy with a bounty higher than Luffy was just because he kills civilians, nufsaid.

@4 emperors. I think its stupid top assume that the current 4 emperors are the originals. Pirates didnt not just pop out of the ground 22 years ago. The WG has 800 years of history (Tenryuubito), it is safe to assume that piracy has as long or an even longer history.

@tattoo. I dont know. Arlong's flag has his face on it. and some of his crew has that tattoo but they also have this sun tattoo. They were former Jimbei crew so maybe thats Jimbei's flag logo.

Dice
April 28, 2008, 03:31 PM
Here it's said: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/474/12/ unless it's a mistranslation XD

Ohh and btw.: The chapter 473 is called "Royal shichibukai....". If this "royal" is correct, then what is the meaning? Does it mean Kuma is the strongest shichibukai? Or is it a possible reference to his loyality towards the WG? Or something else?

Vizard5
April 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
i think this page pretty much confirms that jinbei has a crew and that hachi used to be in it.
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-69-page-7.html

and this page shows that BB is a schichibukai..
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-474-page-11.html
seems like dice beat me to it :p

Finale
April 28, 2008, 03:38 PM
It is possible that there were other emperors before the current four. The current four got their titles after Gol D Rogers was executed. Since there was no more pirate king the Yonkou title was given to the four strongest pirates who were closest to becoming king. I know I've said it before, but Moria likely used the shadows of his strongest subordinates to fight Kaidou of the Yonkou. He was having trouble with Luffy. So I seriously doubt he actually stood his ground against Kaidou without assistance i.e his followers shadows. Kaidou likely then killed Moria crew as retributions. Remember Moria bemoans the fact that all his famous crewmates are dead. Hence why he went with Zombies.

Mische
April 28, 2008, 03:53 PM
That about Rockstar is very interesting, I never noted that... but maybe it could be something personal about him, because it doesn't make much sense since the emperors are called "Whitebeard pirates" and whatever. =p
And Smoker said he couldn't let Ace escape.

Well i didn´t mean it in that way. Of course they are still called pirates.
I assume that the Grand Line is more or less under the WG control. That doesn´t count for the New World though. The New World is said to be ruled by the 4 kings so it would make sense that its not the WG that cares about pirates entering the New World but the Yankou and their subordinates who control that area.
If i was a Yankou i would tell any strong "Rookie" coming to the New world that he eather comes in my crew or gets busted. Thats the only way to keep control over your territory because you don´t want pirates Like Kid etc. loot in your area.
Rocksta was most likely a captain before and now he is a member of Shanks pirate crew. Thats what i meant with change of status. I think the Wg is only watching their actions in the New world but not actually messing with their doings as long as they have their world balance.

Razh
April 28, 2008, 04:02 PM
@4 emperors. I think its stupid top assume that the current 4 emperors are the originals. Pirates didnt not just pop out of the ground 22 years ago. The WG has 800 years of history (Tenryuubito), it is safe to assume that piracy has as long or an even longer history.

There was a Pirate King before them. Nobody except WB was close to Roger at that time, so you can forget about anyone being called Yonkou at that time.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/07/
Nobody gets named Yonkou. WG and marines call the 4 strongest pirates Yonkou. If one of them would die, then there would be 3 emperors. Nobody would look for an emperor replacement. None of the other 3 would give a damn.

That's why I think there were no other Yonkou. Especially since 2 of them have been on the sea since Roger. Other 2 are still unknown, but I also doubt thay have been switching positions.
Shichibukai have been formed to counterbalance Yonkou, and Shichibukai haven't existed for that long. Not more than 10-15 years.
I heard someone claiming it was only 5.
Yonkou are to powerfull to be replaced every couple of years by someone new.

Koen
April 28, 2008, 04:45 PM
That's sounds pretty suspicious...but then the reason why WG would be there is because they wanted to arrest the pirates who came here...as for the pirates themselves, they just wanted to visit more new lands and do whatever they want to do there. Naturally, both the WG and pirates would be in the same place...

Anyway, this chapter featured the pirates (including Luffy and Zoro) with bounties more than 100 million and does anybody think there would be a fight between these pirates and the Strawhats? If there is, the Strawhat crew are going to have their bounties raised again if they defeated those pirates...

Well maybe but then I got a feeling the shichibukai must be somewhere near that place too, at least some

I really think this will really get messy

fallou
April 28, 2008, 04:47 PM
I agree with Rahz on the Yonkou: why would anyone want to replace them if one of them fell?at least I'm sure the navy wouldn't want to, shichibukai neither: a fallen yonkou is a step towards full domination for the two other powers, and they would not want to pass over that chance by officially acknowledging another one. When the wg says balance, it means a balance that's not dissavantaging them. The impressive thing about yonkou is that it needs 7 shichibukai and 3 admirals(and a head admiral sengoku) to maintain the balance. Gives us a clue about how powerful they are...

Tsukisama
April 28, 2008, 05:04 PM
Ohh and btw.: The chapter 473 is called "Royal shichibukai....". If this "royal" is correct, then what is the meaning? Does it mean Kuma is the strongest shichibukai? Or is it a possible reference to his loyality towards the WG? Or something else?

Kuma says that Crocodile was demoted from the "royal shichibukai," meaning that all of the shichibukai are probably "royal." I think it just means that they are officially approved by the WG. Now that we know that the WG was founded by a group of kings, it makes that title of "royal shichibukai" makes a lot more sense, since being shichibukai means you have royal approval.

Well maybe but then I got a feeling the shichibukai must be somewhere near that place too, at least some

I really think this will really get messy

I agree. I am sure that Kuma is probably hanging around somewhere in Mariejoa. (I mean, he's a cyborg programmed to be loyal to WG; where else would he be unless he's on assignment.) With Fishman Island so near, we may also see Jimbei soon. As for the others, I doubt they will make appearances.

Mische
April 28, 2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah i agree too on that Yankou matter. They are just called that because they rule over the New World! What do you think why it is called New World anyways... It doesn´t seem to have been found a too long time ago. Gol. D. Roger still is the only pirate that has been to the last island if i remember correctly.

We still are waiting for the "big bang" that was said to be the outcome of the fight BB-Ace. Some time ago i already said it might be the death or imprisonment of Whitebeard as he was said to be like a father to his loyal crewmembers. If one of the Yankous was to die now or at least would give up his status the world balance would shift and as a result we would have big fighting going on in one part of the New World. All other three Yankous would most likely try to gain territory or at least prevent that the others gain to much. Also the marine could not just let that happen. To that there might be some rookies trying to get some of it. A nice little war the Sh´s would have to go through and defiantely a great incident. The only thing making it unlikely is that the WG doesn´t want the world balance to shift. I ask myself though what they want with ace then if they want everything to stay as it is.

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 05:19 PM
Some people here question Moria's power. It's not likely be cool Luffy beating a quasi-Yonkou, but it's like that. Luffy growth is like that, he beat Arlong who was called be strong as a Shichibukai which is the most weird, after that beat Crocodile and now Moria too. And remember Moria is not the only Shichibukai called to be fought equal with a Yonkou.

About the Shichibukais crew discussion: it was never stated "a Shichibukai cannot have a crew". Blackbeard has a crew and Moria has a crew (he has more than zombies).
And there was never said Bellamy take care of Doflaming crew. He is most likely a captain under his command, and Doflamingo killed Bellamy because of his philosophy.

We still are waiting for the "big bang" that was said to be the outcome of the fight BB-Ace. Some time ago i already said it might be the death or imprisonment of Whitebeard as he was said to be like a father to his loyal crewmembers. If one of the Yankous was to die now or at least would give up his status the world balance would shift and as a result we would have big fighting going on in one part of the New World. All other three Yankous would most likely try to gain territory or at least prevent that the others gain to much. Also the marine could not just let that happen. To that there might be some rookies trying to get some of it. A nice little war the Sh´s would have to go through and defiantely a great incident. The only thing making it unlikely is that the WG doesn´t want the world balance to shift. I ask myself though what they want with ace then if they want everything to stay as it is.Yes. Also, remember that Dragon would become a real threat six years ago was expected to occur in five or six years.

Not just that, but there is the New Era so called by Doflaming and Bellamy.

Mische
April 28, 2008, 05:31 PM
I agree that Moria is underrated. Although the fight itself wasn´t as intense as the fight with Cp9 they had to beat a huge monster that had Luffys drive in it. And Moria with his 1000 shadows wasn´t that weak eather.

I can´t remember Arlong being called equal with a Shichibukai. He was a part of Jinbeis crew but he had to kick him out when he got a Shichibukai as i remember it. Also we can assume that he developed since then while arlong never fought any serious fights and was just taking money from weak people and paying the marine to make them not care about it.

Also i doubt that Moria really fought equal with that Yankou. He called it the "Nighmares of the New World" Luffy would see when he gets there. Doesn´t sound like he was too close to beat the Yankou.

Still i get your point in which direction this is all going. But for Luffy to get on one Level with one of the yankous we will have some RL years ahead i´d say.

fallou
April 28, 2008, 05:40 PM
@Mische: the WG doesn't want the yonkou to be more powerful than them+shichibukai, but they wouldn't mind the balance being at theit own advantage. They'd rather have all yonkou dead, and maybe shichibukai too, but they are doing, erm, realpolitik;). They are the ones who need that balance, because otherwise, in my opinion, the yonkou'd just be too powerful;that's why when they have an opportunity to weaken one, like by having a WB's division commander(Ace) they seize it

goldb
April 28, 2008, 05:44 PM
... I ask myself though what they want with ace then if they want everything to stay as it is.

who knows? maybe just for leverage against WB in case he tries to do something to the World Government.

I think i wrote about this in another thread before, Moria DID NOT fight on equal grounds with a Yonkou. he fought A younkou called Kaidou in the new world BEFORE he was known as one of the 4 strongest pirates in the world.

fistsofrage
April 28, 2008, 06:47 PM
I don't know if anyone else thinks this way but i'm pretty sure luffy was strong way back when he first set out to become a pirate. None of the people he fought in the beginning gave him much trouble at all and i'm pretty sure that if he had fought arlong one-on-one before he met zoro he would have won. Pretty much all the guys he fought without gear 2nd except for crocodile could have been defeated by luffy in the beginning. Luffy's strength isn't something to be underestimated, the only reason he uses techniques like gears 2nd and 3rd now are so that he's able to fight at the same level as his opponent end the fights quick.
Overall Luffy's still growing in strength and limits of his strength as of now are still unknown and I think the reason people are starting to doubt his strength is because of his bad matchup with luchi at enies lobby. It was a good fight but luffy was still getting used to his new weapons gears 2nd and 3rd and he wasn't able to calculate the toll they would take on his body as well as he could have. It was a learning experience not something to be taken as his true fighting potential. Since he had enough trouble fighting his opponents with his normal rubber capacity, having to take damage not only from what his opponent was dishing out but also from the effects of his moves on his body its natural that he'd have trouble fighting a difficult opponent like luchi who had already surpassed human limits without having to force his body too much.

LoS
April 28, 2008, 06:54 PM
On a side note could someone possibly link me to the threads containing the information/description of these 4 King's/Yonkou, and the Navy Admirals and such?

I am starting to get confused as to who all these people are, between the Navy Admirals, Shichibukai, 4 Kings/Yonkou, and the heads of the WG(old people).

I tried looking it up in the one piece tree of knowledge and other threads on the home page of this board but half the links are dead.

Thanks people.

szhang
April 28, 2008, 06:57 PM
If Luffy is to become stronger and eventually beat people like Blackbeard, whitebeard, the younko in general and others, he really needs to get beyond the Gears imo. I mean the gears are powerful, but if Luffy barely beats Rob Lucci with Gear 2nd: not undermining Robb Lucci's strength, luffy has much developing to do. Granted that he grows stronger naturally as the Straw Hat's Journey Progresses, i think he still needs to find like another level in his power. I mean Gear 2nd is dangerous for Luffy to be using constantly, as i rememeber it just speeds up the metabolism and etc in his body and shortens his life span.

Sparknotes: right now, i can't see luffy beating anyone including aokiji, blackbeard, or etc, without ANOTHER Level of development

Also, how would luffy fight the other Logia Devil Fruit Users. Its true that he beat Crocodile, but whats Yami Yami no Mi's weakness? I just think Gomu Gomu has kind of reached its limits, but i thought the same about it before Oda introduced the Gears

Please Comment on any part of my post in any non deriding way, as I would greatly appreciate any of your intake on this matter.

Luckas
April 28, 2008, 07:04 PM
@szhang: Wikipedia links: World Government (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Government_%28One_Piece%29#Government_Workers), Admirals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Piece_Marines#Fleet_Admiral), Shichibukai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shichibukai#Shichibukai), Yonkou (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonkou#Yonkou).

wing_gundam
April 28, 2008, 07:09 PM
^ We don't know about his lifespan etc. We're only getting remarks from other people. It's not like Luffy is going to monthly checkups and Chopper is seeing the deterioration of cell fibres or something. :)

Plus I agree with the post that Luffy's prob just getting used to it. Have you ever thought of it as conditioning? I mean it looks like speed work or something to me.

Day 1: Wow that was fun!
Day 2: I feel like shit
Weeks 1 -3 damn this is tough
others: ^ stop it your hurting yourself, you look like shit and your going crazy
months 2-3: this is getting easier, lets increase the limit
months 4-6: I've shaved quite a few min of my time... wow I'm fast! Lets try something else.
Others: damn you're fit!

Okay that's an over-simplification of it, but it is my interpretation of the facts. I don't think Oda's going to kill him off any time soon.

sharingan_kakashi
April 28, 2008, 07:44 PM
I agree with Wing gundam, conditioning is the basis of all strength training exercises. But he still needs to strengthen his basics. He should train like zorro, i wouldnt be surprised if Zorro is much stronger than Luffy because we dont see Luffy train a all, even though we see his six packs every chapter.

@Luffy not being able to beat BB. i think it is possible. Luffy's devil fruit matches well with BB's gravity. If he can strike before BB touches him he can win.

@yonkou, i still predict Reighley is a former yonkou. Like that chapter you shouwed, Shanks rose to power becoming a yonkou then it is also possible that Roger was a Yonkou before he became Pirate King.

fistsofrage
April 28, 2008, 07:52 PM
To tell the truth I think Luffy could take on Aokiji at any time. I've always thought that gear 2nd was a move he thought up to take on Aokiji. Using his blood to make his body hotter and steam so that he could melt the ice. With most elementals they're impossible to touch unless you have an element that can affect them. It's possible that while in gear 2nd the steam luffy gives off might allow him to fight Aokiji on even grounds. Just like with crocodile and enel, if you can't touch them you probably can't beat them.

szhang
April 28, 2008, 09:29 PM
1. why wikipedia links, i understand all those terms quite well
2. even if luffy adapts to teh pain of gear 2, its still hurting his body

@fistsofrage
well eventually oda will find a way for him to do that, that always happens in one piece, when some new strong characters are introduced, they seem invincible, but after a while they get weaker

Sorry szhang, I thought you were looking for info about those.

Fox666
April 28, 2008, 10:16 PM
fistsofrage, we still aren't sure about Aokiji logia weakness.

I can´t remember Arlong being called equal with a Shichibukai. He was a part of Jinbeis crew but he had to kick him out when he got a Shichibukai as i remember it. Also we can assume that he developed since then while arlong never fought any serious fights and was just taking money from weak people and paying the marine to make them not care about it.It's is really weird, but in fact Jonny said something almost like "Mihawk was one of the Shichibukai. And the problem is with one of these: Jimbei. He left a monster with equal strength to him in East Blue."

There are many theories such like it be referred to their status in Fishman Pirates, but they are only theories. And remember that Arlong was working with a corrupt Marine, we don't know if his bounty reflect what he did in East Blue.

Also i doubt that Moria really fought equal with that Yankou. He called it the "Nighmares of the New World" Luffy would see when he gets there. Doesn´t sound like he was too close to beat the Yankou.But, as I said before, Moria fear the New World, but he fought with a Yonkou. Probably Kaidou is the one who killed his entire crew.
It's something more emotional. And looking for personalities, having all crew members killed is a bigger nightmare for Shanks or Whitebeard.

Still i get your point in which direction this is all going. But for Luffy to get on one Level with one of the yankous we will have some RL years ahead i´d say.Well, we still must remember that the fights with the Shichibukais weren't so simply. Crocodile beat Luffy two times and he survived one time because Robin helped him. Also, Moria wanted the Strawhats alive for his zombies, just remember they initially were inconsious.

buzz_off
April 29, 2008, 02:52 AM
it's not a lose the 1st time luffy been stabbed while he's talkinin' to Cro & telling him 2 stop the tornado not while he was fightin' so it isn't count.. it was 3 rounds fight & in the end it's Luffy victory :)

UraharaSan
April 29, 2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks, that's a very good chapter.

Next OP will release may 16th, right?

Razh
April 29, 2008, 07:27 AM
@yonkou, i still predict Reighley is a former yonkou. Like that chapter you shouwed, Shanks rose to power becoming a yonkou then it is also possible that Roger was a Yonkou before he became Pirate King.

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. There isn't any indication of that.
And I doubt it that there have been Yonkou before Roger. You have to remeber that there weren't that many pirates before him. His death actually started the Great Age of Piracy and multiplied the number of pirates.
So yeah, that's why I think there were no Yonkous before. Or at least, if there were any strong pirates beside Roger and WB, nobody called them emperors.

RancorX
April 29, 2008, 08:30 AM
this is off topic... but i just found out that the mermaid and the starfish first appered in ch 195 on a front page story after hachin escaped the marines and killed some seamonster

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/195/

i love it that he follows up on things all the time... i mean that is from 1997, to follow up on it 11 years later is pretty cool

Zoro-kun
April 29, 2008, 08:51 AM
Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. There isn't any indication of that.
And I doubt it that there have been Yonkou before Roger. You have to remeber that there weren't that many pirates before him.

ehm.. weren't there that many pirats before him? how can u tell? How can he have collected "One Piece" if there wasn't any pirats? WB was a pirat at that time. Shanks was on his ship...
So pls show me where it stands in the manga that it wasn't many pirats when Gol D. Roger was a pirat.. pls! =)
[hr]

this is off topic... but i just found out that the mermaid and the starfish first appered in ch 195 on a front page story after hachin escaped the marines and killed some seamonster

i love it that he follows up on things all the time... i mean that is from 1997, to follow up on it 11 years later is pretty cool

I knew I'd seen them somewhere else be4^^ hehe... it's not from 1997 btw.. :) I think the manga started in 1997..? and this is chapter 195 so maybe in year 2000 or something.... im not sure.. :P

Zoro-kun, I'm sure you are able to express yourself better.

goldb
April 29, 2008, 09:09 AM
@RancorX yeah, thats from a series of mini-adventures that Oda does for the majority of the chapters.
heres a list of all the mni-adventures if you're interested:
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs#Chapter_Title_Page_.22Mini-Arcs.22

fallou
April 29, 2008, 09:29 AM
@Zoro-kun: Rahz's right for all I know. Since it was Roger's words during his execution that started the great era of piracy("my treasure?I left it all in that place, take it all if you want" or smthg like this),we assume that they weren't as many pirates as there are now?...I mean it seems logical, how is the actual era a "great era of piracy" if there are less pirates than when Roger was one. This isn't personal, but some things are just assumed to be true, even if there are no actual proof. I mean it makes sense doesn't it? of course there were pirates when he became pirate king, but what sort of pirate would have called himself a yonkou, or emperor, when there was a pirate king? No proofs, but commonsense is enough:p
Again,nothing personal here, of course:)

Razh
April 29, 2008, 10:30 AM
@Zoro-kun: Rahz's right for all I know. Since it was Roger's words during his execution that started the great era of piracy("my treasure?I left it all in that place, take it all if you want" or smthg like this),we assume that they weren't as many pirates as there are now?...I mean it seems logical, how is the actual era a "great era of piracy" if there are less pirates than when Roger was one. This isn't personal, but some things are just assumed to be true, even if there are no actual proof. I mean it makes sense doesn't it? of course there were pirates when he became pirate king, but what sort of pirate would have called himself a yonkou, or emperor, when there was a pirate king? No proofs, but commonsense is enough:p
Again,nothing personal here, of course:)

Glad that some people understand what I'm trying to say, but the nick is Razh. :amuse

Mische
April 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
Yep, once again:Razh is right! The word Yankou was given to this 4 people because they rule over the New World like Emperors. Its not the same as Shinchibiki since its not an official title.Its just explaining the way they live since its quite different from other pirates. Isn´t Yankou the japanese word for Emperor or so?

Edit: here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/07/) is the chapter to it where it is said: the word Yankou doesn´t come up because they translated it with the english word Emperor!

@Ilovefoxes: The only thing i doubtet was that Moria really fought equal since he lost his whole crew and came back scared like a child... I know that they were fighting before Kaido (or whoever did it) was a Yankou.

I don´t really get your last part. doesn´t relate to what i said does it? ;)
Anyways, i meant that for the Sh´s to fight a Yankou its way to early. all 3 admirals, all the vice admirals and all the shinchibikis are definately weaker. If he fights a Yankou next the story will be over this year. What steps should he take from then on. Exept for fighting himself through the Yankous and then maybe BB.

I think he will first deal with some more marines, admirals, shinchibiki or whatever. then some underlinings of the weakest Yankou, then some stronger underlinings of the weakest Yankou, then some really strong underlinings of the weakest Yankou etc. etc.

You get my point ;)

goldb
April 29, 2008, 10:51 AM
look i think people are getting kinda confused with the whole 'yonkou' thing...the younkou are NOT a group as such like the shichibukai.
an example i can give is like in english football, how the chelsea, arsenal, man utd and liverpool are known as the 'big four' its not because its a group but because they are the most successful teams in england.

the same goes for the yonkou; they are known as such because they are the most influential and currently powerful pirates in the world.

i hope the stuff i've said is making sense to someone out there

Zoro-kun
April 29, 2008, 11:10 AM
I still think u guys are wrong about that there wasn't any other pirats at Gol D. Rogers time. it's 20 years since he died...? u think all ppl just then decided to become pirats?
Gol D. Roger is said to have some amzing skills, and that WB is prolly the only one who could match him at that time.

The era thing is just lame, it' just called the "great new era" because now all of the pirats (at that time) was now looking for one piece.

I understand that u guys dont mean it that way, that i was NO pirats, but it was less. "maybe, maybe not" as razh prolly would say. In my opinion i think there is just the same be4 and after gol D. roger's death.

Razh
April 29, 2008, 11:16 AM
I think it's only natural that there have been less pirates before Roger's execution. That's why he was so important. That's why he was shown on the first page of the first chapter. That is how it all began.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/01/

Of course there have been a lot of pirates then but not as much as there are today. People have seen that it can be done, and have become inspired by the Pirate King who died with the smile on his face.

Akainu
April 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
thats exactly it - well imho :P
like Razh points out there have been less pirates before Roger, I don't know whether it's during his lifetime or with/after his death, but he definatelly inspired a new generation of pirates (I kinda got the feeling I read sth. like this in the last chapter too ;P).

the comment on collecting 'one piece' on the other hand is standing on unsecure ground.
you can collect a treasure through pillaging civilians like Kidd presumably did or go and loot filthy pirates or even get it by luck like the Strawhats did most of the time - as far as its about gold and money! because we don't know what exactly 'one piece' is. but please don't discuss this too in here.

Vizard5
April 29, 2008, 03:05 PM
i agree with at there are alot more pirates now than it were when Gol D. Roger was alive, but i don't think the number of pirates reaching the new world has increased much.. and i don't think the Yonkou today are the originals.. they are one of the 3 world powers or something and that is not something u become in only 20 years.. gold roger was prolly one when he was alive cause he obviously was one of the 4 strongest pirates in the new world..

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 29, 2008, 03:28 PM
first time posting in one piece thread!!

i agree with Razh, there probably wasn't that much pirate during gold d. roger period. His last words when he was about to be killed gave birth to the golden age of pirate.

Also i think the yonkou are like the shichibukai only a lot powerful.

Amekage
April 29, 2008, 03:45 PM
the comment on collecting 'one piece' on the other hand is standing on unsecure ground.
you can collect a treasure through pillaging civilians like Kidd presumably did or go and loot filthy pirates or even get it by luck like the Strawhats did most of the time - as far as its about gold and money! because we don't know what exactly 'one piece' is. but please don't discuss this too in here.

If it's about gold and money, there was no problem for Gol D. Rodger. He visited Sky Island and there ist enough gold for everybody.
I think One Piece is nothing like that but the adventures you had while searching for it.

Fox666
April 29, 2008, 03:47 PM
Again,nothing personal here, of course:)Almost correctly. Roger words inspired the Pirate Era.

Just a correction: Roger didn't became Pirate King, Pirate King is not a status title, but his personal title, such as Pirate Clow. It's because Roger dress like a monarch.

@Ilovefoxes: The only thing i doubtet was that Moria really fought equal since he lost his whole crew and came back scared like a child... I know that they were fighting before Kaido (or whoever did it) was a Yankou.

I don´t really get your last part. doesn´t relate to what i said does it? ;)
Anyways, i meant that for the Sh´s to fight a Yankou its way to early. all 3 admirals, all the vice admirals and all the shinchibikis are definately weaker. If he fights a Yankou next the story will be over this year. What steps should he take from then on. Exept for fighting himself through the Yankous and then maybe BB.

I think he will first deal with some more marines, admirals, shinchibiki or whatever. then some underlinings of the weakest Yankou, then some stronger underlinings of the weakest Yankou, then some really strong underlinings of the weakest Yankou etc. etc.

You get my point ;)Maybe Yonkous are not strong just because of their personal fighting abilities.

Blackbeard became a Shichibukai for defeating Ace, but the Shichibukai Mihawk is almost equal in strength to Shanks.
Them, the Yonkous are not really stronger than Shichibukais, but have some really strong crew, and some members really near themself.

Doflamingo is the Shichibukai with the highest bounty, but the captains and crew members under his command (Bellamy) are nothing compared to Whitebeard squad.

Razh
April 29, 2008, 04:09 PM
Just a correction: Roger didn't became Pirate King, Pirate King is not a status title, but his personal title, such as Pirate Clow. It's because Roger dress like a monarch.

You know this for a fact?

He had a shirt, pants, boots, a belt and a captain's coat. Most monarchs don't dress like that. Don't know about Brazil though.:amuse

He was the strongest pirate. Well, it was said that he and WB have been equals in battle, but then again, WB never sailed to the end of the Grand Line and discovered legendary trasure.

fallou
April 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
@Ilovefoxes: Well, he was acknowledged as the pirate king, it was probably smthg like general approbation, but of course, there probably isn't an official title, ceremony, crown, etc..Doflamingo has the highest bounty we know of among shichibukai, but I don't think we know Mihawk's and we don't know anything about the last shichibukai.And in my opinion, yonkous are stronger than shichibukai. Of course, there are no proofs, but that's how I feel it:amuse
But I agree we still don't know the actual gap between these two great powers, we can only make suppositions about it. So they could be a lot stronger(like maybe WB, in my op at least) or stronger, but not so much(maybe Kaidou, but again, only theory, supposition n stuff)
Pheew, this thread has gone a long way since it started, but I guess since we won't have a new chapter for two weeks, and no spoilers either, it gives us something to talk about, huh?:D

Mische
April 29, 2008, 05:20 PM
This discussion about the Yankous is getting lame...

I mean in the end there is no proof or disproof for any of the 2 Versions. The only thing we can do is find one that is more likely but in the end everyone will have his or her own opinion.

In my eyes its not a question of how many pirates have been there back then anyways. The question is if there was powers that where called Yankou that where ruling over the new world then. There are many things that are indicating that its a quite new development.

It was said that the Shinchibiki where formed to maintain world balance with the Yankous and to maintain their own power of course. If you look at the Shinchibiki al we know so far are quite young compared to Whitebeard, Garp, Roger etc. ( Of course you can say now that they are changing constantly but i doubt that. At least as long as they are not defeated by Luffy ;))

And once again, why should it be called New World if it is known for 800 years? I mean i don´t see Roger as the Christopher Columbus of the one piece world but one can assume that what the 4 Emperors build up is a New development that hasn´t been there before.

To that comes everything that has been said about Gol D. Roger.
I think chances are high that this is the first and only time that there have been pirates ruling over the new world and the word Yankou is a new term to describe their status, not an official titel given to them.

Edit: well i think that the Yankous are having their strong underlinings because they themselfs are enormously strong. In the One piece world the captain has always been the strongest and most often the gap was quite high. I would assume that its no different for the Yankous.
Its not said that Mihawk and Shanks are on one Level. It was like that back at a time when they fought but if i remember correctly then it was Whitebeard saying it when he was talking about the old times. Time means for both of them an increase in power. Shanks is like Luffy when it comes to his drive so it might as well be that he is more powerful now.

szhang
April 29, 2008, 05:45 PM
In the begining of the comic, when Shanks was introduced, i would never have guessed him to be a person as powerful, or more powerful than shichibukai

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 29, 2008, 05:53 PM
In the begining of the comic, when Shanks was introduced, i would never have guessed him to be a person as powerful, or more powerful than shichibukai

especially after he got his hand cut off.

wing_gundam
April 29, 2008, 09:11 PM

that's actually a repost from somewhere

we might meet these guys soon:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/199/

Fox666
April 29, 2008, 09:16 PM
You know this for a fact?I have read it. But you asking now for source...

I mean in the end there is no proof or disproof for any of the 2 Versions. The only thing we can do is find one that is more likely but in the end everyone will have his or her own opinion.Ok.
I just always have in mind that two Shichibukais are rivals of Yonkou. Since this is the canonical information, I always have in mind this being the best guess I could (that Yonkou are not much stronger themselfes compared to Shichibukai).

Its not said that Mihawk and Shanks are on one Level. It was like that back at a time when they fought but if i remember correctly then it was Whitebeard saying it when he was talking about the old times. Time means for both of them an increase in power. Shanks is like Luffy when it comes to his drive so it might as well be that he is more powerful now.Well, there is:
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-96-page-16.html
They were rivals, but Shanks lost his arm.

Mr.Popo
April 29, 2008, 10:32 PM
I don't like this chapter that much.
Don't you think it's a bit strange that all these pirate crews meat at the same time?
There are 8 crews but only 5 routes to take in the end! Strange!
I have a problem with that.

The Shishibukai level bounties seem to be normal for rookies reaching the end of the grandline, otherwise Shakky would be suprised.
But that lets me think the SHs are the most powerful among them.
Why? I think the strength of a pirate crew is estimated by their progress on the grandline and the bounty level. Thats why Aokiji didn't expected the SHs to beat CP9 and Moria and his minions wheren't afraid of a 600+ million berry crew.
So all supernovas should be powerful, but not exceptional like the SHs.
A few of them (2-3) might be exceptional however for future story arcs, and i hope Oda will make the rest "normal rookies at the end of the redline".

My prediction for one of the next chapters:
I think Zorro will bump into Rayleigh. After some arguing he finds out that he is the ship couter they needed.
Rayleigh refuses to coat there ship because he will do this only for people who have proven their worth and can pay the bill.
Then captain Kidd and his Killer approaches to force Rayleigh to coat their ship.
Rayleigh then promises Zorro that he will coat his ship when he earns Kidds and Killers bounties for him. This of course only to have some fun, but is shocked/suprised that Zorro wins (althought he seemed not to be in best physical condition).

Fox666
April 29, 2008, 10:44 PM
Good Guess. Zoro hit one attack in Kuma, and we don't know what would gonna happen if he wasn't a cyborg (assuming that Vegapunk modified his body only after he became loyal to the Government).
It would be more interesting Zoro beating Kidd.

RancorX
April 30, 2008, 03:18 AM
that's actually a repost from somewhere

we might meet these guys soon:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/199/

for the record... its not a repost... but there would probably be others here who had noticed that the mermaid reappeared. i noticed only now since i watched the anime and havnt read all the manga that has been covered by anime (started reading when there where no more eps for me to watch, couldnt stand the wait)

yea, i didnt bother to mention that they reappeared too http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/491/19/

gah, its too long a wait... although i should be used to waiting from berserk, i obviously aint

Akainu
April 30, 2008, 03:36 AM
I don't like this chapter that much.
Don't you think it's a bit strange that all these pirate crews meat at the same time?
There are 8 crews but only 5 routes to take in the end! Strange!
I have a problem with that.

now where exactly is the problem? there are the strawhats which take one of the routes leaving four for the others. there are 8 crews but only 4 routes = half of them staying behind? --> they will have to fight. the matchings are already shown in this chapter to some extent.

SilverCross
April 30, 2008, 06:33 AM
in my oppinion the shichibukai's bounty doesn't really show their strengh this is because once the have obtain the title their bounty will never increase again since they work for the world government in a sense... cant wait for the next chapter... exciting times... this could be an arch where they show how strong all the SH pirates are by fighting agains the other rookies.... for some reason i just feel that this arch will be like the belamy arch just alot longer....

fistsofrage
April 30, 2008, 06:46 AM
in my oppinion the shichibukai's bounty doesn't really show their strengh this is because once the have obtain the title their bounty will never increase again since they work for the world government in a sense... cant wait for the next chapter... exciting times... this could be an arch where they show how strong all the SH pirates are by fighting agains the other rookies.... for some reason i just feel that this arch will be like the belamy arch just alot longer....

That's wishful thinking i doubt these guys are weak, making it to the red line says enough on its own. I don't know how they stack up with luffy considering that the rest of them weren't lucky enough to drastically increase their bounties by fighting shichibukai but at least the ship coater should be the real deal. He probably won't fight with luffy but we might get to see a fraction of his strength and how strong luffy is compared to him.

Mr.Popo
April 30, 2008, 06:47 AM
now where exactly is the problem?
The problem is that it is highly unlikely that all of them reach Archipellago at the same time.

there are the strawhats which take one of the routes leaving four for the others. there are 8 crews but only 4 routes = half of them staying behind? --> they will have to fight.
Exactly! But that fights should took place in the past. When all of them reach the end at the same time --> some of them should have met earlier --> fight --> half of them stay behind.

Tobi Uchiha
April 30, 2008, 08:45 AM
Off-topic:
Did someone ever notice the similarities between Gol D. Roger and Monkey D. Dragon?

take a look on Roger (http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-1-page-3.html) and Dragon (http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-100-page-18.html) , especially their noses... maybe Roger was Dragons uncle or something?

No more offtopic, please.

gold349
April 30, 2008, 12:54 PM
There is a mystery still behind the letter "d" in a couple of the characters and Oda draws nearly all the characters very similar, I mean most the of the girls all look freak in alike. IMHO its just his art and maybe there is a connection between all the "D" who knows?.

Zoro-kun
April 30, 2008, 02:45 PM
i agree with at there are alot more pirates now than it were when Gol D. Roger was alive, but i don't think the number of pirates reaching the new world has increased much.. and i don't think the Yonkou today are the originals.. they are one of the 3 world powers or something and that is not something u become in only 20 years.. gold roger was prolly one when he was alive cause he obviously was one of the 4 strongest pirates in the new world..

i dunno of anyone has answered this one, but u said that u dont think that the yonkou today wasn't the same as the originals...

k, first of all was there 4 yonkous at gol d. rogers time? anyway, if there was it cant be the same as today caus Shanks is one if the 4 yonkous, and he was on gol d. rogers crew when he was young. i doubt very much that he was knowed as a yonkou at that time... :)

Does the manga says that there was yonkou/emperors at gol d. rogers time??

Vizard5
April 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
no the manga dosen't say anything about this topic.. everything in this discussion are only opinions and theorys.. but i think gold roger was a yonkou along with WB and 2 others..

Devil-buster
April 30, 2008, 03:26 PM
no the manga dosen't say anything about this topic.. everything in this discussion are only opinions and theorys.. but i think gold roger was a yonkou along with WB and 2 others..

I do not believe there is any reason for there to be four emperors a.k.a "Yonkou" when there was clearly a "KING" Gol.D Roger...what I dont get is shanks was only one of roger's crew and at that time he was almost the same level as buggy..so there had to be guys stronger than him in the crew....were they all executed along with roger if not where r they...also if shanks was only a lowly member of roger's crew....then how did WB know about him and Buggy....was WB part of Roger's crew at some point...lot of questions need to be answered...

Vizard5
April 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
they aren't really emperors you know.. it's just a nickname given to them cause they rule the new world as if they were emperors.. if u suggest that gold roger ruled the whole new world by himself u might be right, but i think WB was keeping him busy till the end.. a thought popped up in my mind as i wrote this, that it is just a coincidence that there are 4 emperors which might imply that these 4 are the "original" ones..

Razh
April 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
were they all executed along with roger if not where r they...also if shanks was only a lowly member of roger's crew....then how did WB know about him and Buggy....

Who knows. Maybe some of them are dead. There's still an unknown Shichibukai. Maybe he was Roger's crewman. Idk, I'm just popping out ideas here.

It's also possible that Raleigh and Shakuyaku were in Roger's crew. Shakuyaku did say that Garp was chasing her for a while, and we know that Garp almost caught Roger a couple of times. Who knows. There are probably a lot of pirates that Garp was chasing, but I kinda think that the people who managed to get away from him are rare.

And for your other question, here;
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/

sharingan_kakashi
April 30, 2008, 05:14 PM
A bunch of people introduced in the past know alot about Roger and could be former members of his crew, for example Kureia (is that right?) the old woman doctor where Chopper was from, ... i guess i can only think of one person.
the possibility of Raliegh and Shakky being on Gold Roger's ship is good. But for a former pirate (not even captain) to be 100 times stronger than Luffy is a little hard to believe.

Akainu
April 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
Shakuyaku being a crewmate of roger? she quit 40 years ago roger was executed 22 years ago... time hole?

the thing about shanks and buggy being somewhere down the hierarchy of rogers crew just reflects the short timespan when buggy was kinda forced to eat the DF. when that happend and what happend afterwards is something yet to be explained. the interesting thing is that on their way up buggy somewhere got lost and shanks rose to be an emperor (which they are not only called, they are called like that because they rule the 'new world' like emperors... but draw your own conclusions on that)
there are so many possibilities for the fate of the higher-ups: caught, jailed, executed, freed, fled, live in peace with their families, found their personal treasure in reaching their goals/fulfilling their dreams, perhaps we have even seen some of them on the journey of the SH though they might just be passerbys who happen to know/have met Gol D. Roger and his crew back then.

sharingan_kakashi
April 30, 2008, 08:23 PM
whats his name?! the big fat merman that does thing "with a Don"? Franky's teacher, he built roger's ship. Don't think he became a pirate tho because he would have to leave his family and i dont think that hapenned.

@Akainu, good point. you really know your dates.

WB and Roger fought a lot, WB prolly saw the two in Rogers ship during a sword fight (speculation).

Neuroff
April 30, 2008, 09:01 PM
whats his name?! the big fat merman that does thing "with a Don"? Franky's teacher, he built roger's ship. Don't think he became a pirate tho because he would have to leave his family and i dont think that hapenned.
That would be Tom.

wing_gundam
April 30, 2008, 10:45 PM
^ that's true eh, he was a 'fish' as was his wife. I wonder if Franky will have any touching moments in fishman isle over it?

ANBU4U
May 01, 2008, 12:32 AM
Who knows. Maybe some of them are dead. There's still an unknown Shichibukai. Maybe he was Roger's crewman. Idk, I'm just popping out ideas here.

It's also possible that Raleigh and Shakuyaku were in Roger's crew. Shakuyaku did say that Garp was chasing her for a while, and we know that Garp almost caught Roger a couple of times. Who knows. There are probably a lot of pirates that Garp was chasing, but I kinda think that the people who managed to get away from him are rare.

And for your other question, here;
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/

You know...upon re-reading that chapter....isn't it kind of implied that Hawkeye was once in Whitebeards crew???

I wonder how I missed that...

Interesting though, if it's true I wonder how Whitebeard lost a crewmen to the WG...

Umbra Wolf
May 01, 2008, 03:20 AM
You know...upon re-reading that chapter....isn't it kind of implied that Hawkeye was once in Whitebeards crew???
Really good point you've got there. I didn't think it about the first time I've read this but you might be right. It wasn't stated when Shanks and Hawkeye duelled if it was before or after Gold Roger's death.

Wale
May 01, 2008, 04:08 AM

OMG.. freakin' good prediction! :D Whitebeard treats anybody on his ship like his own son.. so he would not hold one of his nakama with force back on the ship.

Luckas
May 01, 2008, 01:10 PM
Dear OP posters recently I'm seeing way too much rude posts, so I decide to remind to all of you that here at MH there is an anti-bashing rule, so not anymore rude posts or worse.

Razh
May 01, 2008, 02:08 PM
Shakuyaku being a crewmate of roger? she quit 40 years ago roger was executed 22 years ago... time hole?

What time hole? As far as I know, it was never stated when exactly Garp cornered Roger.
Unless you think that Roger was a pirate for one year.

shouryuujo
May 01, 2008, 02:37 PM
we still haven't heard of anything about roger's crew yet have we? We did see someone during the "smoker arc" using fire/explosion though

Akainu
May 01, 2008, 04:00 PM
What time hole? As far as I know, it was never stated when exactly Garp cornered Roger.
Unless you think that Roger was a pirate for one year.

Luffys journey isn't that long, too. so we don't know at which point Roger became pirateking and at which he was cornered. because of the length of what I wrote I tagged it, but I forewarn you, that evrything below is highly speculative (as is almost everything we are discussing atm)

o.k. let's assume she "QUIT" 40 years ago. then she was a pirate for about ... 10-20 years? would be normal since Luffys speed is extraordinary ... next presumption isthe age she started pirating: as Nami was one hell of a early bird when she was forced to join arlong with eight years or so and Franky was kinda old with his 34 he joined the strawhats lets take Usopps age (17)

keep in mind that these are just theories!

thus we got an age for Shakuyaku around 77
(on a sidenote Brook is around 88 and sailed to GL 50 years ago)

so the last piece to the puzzle is Roger, his age and so on.
here is pure age guessing but I don't think he is much older than 40-45 at the point of his execution making him 62-67 now. I think he was a pirate some years before he was king (though it could be like luffy travelling in a short period of time).
starting at Luffys age he would have been Pirate for ~20 years, that means he STARTED 40 years ago and Shakuyaku "quit" around that time. but that also means she was cornered more than 40 years ago ... conclusion for this scenario is, that they didn't even meet as pirates.

all in all these wild guesses are leading nowhere, as we don't really see age (dr.kuleha, shakuyaku). furthermore even IF I'm right with the age, there could still be a short period of time shaky was sailing with roger (at least enough to see him becoming pirateking).

(and to continue the sidenote there could - depending on the age of roger - even be touching points with the rumba-pirates and so on...)

btw.: I had a questionmark behind "time hole" ...

Impel Down
May 01, 2008, 07:28 PM
we still haven't heard of anything about roger's crew yet have we? We did see someone during the "smoker arc" using fire/explosion though

We know Buggy and Shanks were in it. So far that's enough for me.

So, if any of these guys is going to end up taking on Luffy or a World Noble or a Marine or someone, who would you all say is most likely?

Against Luffy, I'd say Kid, because of the bounty thing, he has another strong crew member with a +100 bounty, MUCH LIKE ZORO IS, and he's got visibly low morals for Luffy to challenge and take down.

fistsofrage
May 01, 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm seriously getting bored of all the jackasses luffy has to fight all the time. I can't wait till he meets up with shanks and white beard and the real shit starts.

Reenie
May 01, 2008, 09:58 PM
I predict luffy will fight the female glutton pirate over food =)

bolsjhevik
May 01, 2008, 10:03 PM
are there any chance that tom 'the ship maker' , Shakuyaku and reyleigh was in one (1) pirate team ??? and then Gol. D. Roger was an apprentice in their team..... just like shanks who was apprentice in Gol ship...

Btw do u all have think about this...... the last tablet that robin want to read contain the 100 year history of the world who had lost... i mean that in that tablet said that there is not 5 kingdom that build the WG, but there 6 kingdom... one kingdom was banish and thad kingdom had initial "D" like initial in luffy and gol...
what do u say about that ??????

sorry my english was bad....

jjrbraves
May 01, 2008, 10:15 PM
are there any chance that tom 'the ship maker' , Shakuyaku and reyleigh was in one (1) pirate team ??? and then Gol. D. Roger was an apprentice in their team..... just like shanks who was apprentice in Gol ship...

Btw do u all have think about this...... the last tablet that robin want to read contain the 100 year history of the world who had lost... i mean that in that tablet said that there is not 5 kingdom that build the WG, but there 6 kingdom... one kingdom was banish and thad kingdom had initial "D" like initial in luffy and gol...
what do u say about that ??????

sorry my english was bad....Wow, I didn't know that. That's pretty interesting. Is there anyway you could show me the chapter it said that.

bolsjhevik
May 01, 2008, 10:18 PM
about Tom, Shakuyaku and reyleigh i just guess from their age and the time line of their quiting from pirate world.... about the last tablet i guess it from the tablet in the sky pea...

it just a prediction though

bittman
May 02, 2008, 12:05 AM
The "True History" was implied to be on the final island of the grand line from Robin's analysis of Gol D Roger's note on the poleglyph. The extra kingdom idea is interesting, but that wouldnt be enough for the government to hide it. My major question after the Robin Ohara flashback was where the scholars found this information if they did not have THE true history. I still have expectations that Olivia either was, or was somehow related, to Roger and his crew.

Also, Tom was never on a crew (or it was at least never stated) but he DID build the ship for Gol D Roger and thats all we know about our lovable merman. Rayleigh and Shakkie, on the other hand, I expect would not have been IN roger's crew but could have perhaps been rivals or even allies at some point (or even both).

In regards to the "time-hole", don't assume ages or pirate duration. Shakkie and Rayleigh may have only hit the Shabondy Archipeligo and stopped there with a possible pirate lifespan of only a couple of years (strawhat crew has been in existence for 2-3 I think). Roger also may have blitzed through the Grand Line and only been a pirate for a short time though people (like Whitebeard) have been trying for decades to get to the last island. Also, Garp is a marine and a very famous one at that. If he chased Roger, he most likely chased many famous pirates of the era however it does raise the possibility that Shakkie was on Roger's crew which I won't completely deny for now (though I'd still rather ally/rival).

The only thing that leads me to believing Garp may have focused particularly on Roger is the possibly parallel they can draw to Smoker and Luffy.

bolsjhevik
May 02, 2008, 12:19 AM
i mean just like shank who grow up in roger ship and then become an independent pirate , i can be that roger grow up in Rayleigh and Shakkie ship then he make his own team.....and when i think about roger ship, is he got trouble just like ruffy ??... when he llanded in water seven, his ship damaged to ??
so i think roger know tom he travel around the great line independently

about the tablet, there is a chance that the lost kingdom are the one who build or invent the ancient weapon. just like Dr Vegapunk who invent thing that more advance or modern than that age. look in here
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/10/
and that why the WG want to read the tablet... cause it had a tech that can control the world.....and that vegapunk, i think he does have someone who read the tablet for him so he can make such a great technology........

but i can't read oda mind... he always make me suprise....hehehehehehehehheeee

bittman
May 02, 2008, 12:42 AM
There have been two different "Ancient Weapons" mentioned thus far: Pluton and Poseidon so whether it was just one kingdom to make all of this I doubt. If you have the ultimate weapon, you do not make a second: that's what your enemies do instead. I don't doubt that WG could have made the weapon, in fact Franky, Tom and Iceburg all understood the Pluton blueprints but knew it needed to be hidden. It is also possible that the weapons are indestructible and thus still exist (since the poneglyph's robin reads continually refer to the location of them).

I got my info from an old friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece_terms#Poneglyph . A lot of stuff on those pages is an interesting read.

sharingan_kakashi
May 02, 2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks Bittman, Olivia, another person who could have potentially been in GolD roger's ship.

About the True history, i never read too deeply into the 6 Kingdoms you are talking about. Which chapter was that in?

bittman
May 02, 2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks Bittman, Olivia, another person who could have potentially been in GolD roger's ship.

About the True history, i never read too deeply into the 6 Kingdoms you are talking about. Which chapter was that in?

He was saying it is a theory he has based off the explanation of the nobles ancestors a couple of chapters ago. There is no factual evidence to it.

On a side note, no problem ^_^

Akainu
May 02, 2008, 01:20 AM
the problem I have with it: weren't it 20 kingdoms in the beginning? and atm there is talk about 5 (though I think I know where that number comes from ;) )

Fox666
May 02, 2008, 02:44 AM
i mean just like shank who grow up in roger ship and then become an independent pirate , i can be that roger grow up in Rayleigh and Shakkie ship then he make his own team.....and when i think about roger ship, is he got trouble just like ruffy ??... when he llanded in water seven, his ship damaged to ??
so i think roger know tom he travel around the great line independently

about the tablet, there is a chance that the lost kingdom are the one who build or invent the ancient weapon. just like Dr Vegapunk who invent thing that more advance or modern than that age. look in here
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/10/
and that why the WG want to read the tablet... cause it had a tech that can control the world.....and that vegapunk, i think he does have someone who read the tablet for him so he can make such a great technology........

but i can't read oda mind... he always make me suprise....hehehehehehehehheeee
There have been two different "Ancient Weapons" mentioned thus far: Pluton and Poseidon so whether it was just one kingdom to make all of this I doubt. If you have the ultimate weapon, you do not make a second: that's what your enemies do instead. I don't doubt that WG could have made the weapon, in fact Franky, Tom and Iceburg all understood the Pluton blueprints but knew it needed to be hidden. It is also possible that the weapons are indestructible and thus still exist (since the poneglyph's robin reads continually refer to the location of them).

I got my info from an old friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece_terms#Poneglyph . A lot of stuff on those pages is an interesting read.Good theories.

bolsjhevik
May 02, 2008, 06:24 AM
the problem I have with it: weren't it 20 kingdoms in the beginning? and atm there is talk about 5 (though I think I know where that number comes from ;) )

sorry i was wrong....there is 20 not 5.... i just get confused by the 5 star or 5 politic man in holy land...thx for the correction

Fox666
May 02, 2008, 12:16 PM
(Off-topic)

I was reading One Piece Wiki, and it says that Chopper poster photo was took in Water 7 arc. Was this said in the manga? =/

But I also found this page:
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-308-page-4.html

hasin
May 02, 2008, 01:43 PM
what is yonkou? does the shikbukai's have a crew? was hacci's tatoo jimbei's or arlong's? come on guys those predictions are not fun at all? what about predicting what moves, what newly developed techniques luffy could use to defeat current threads? using the temperature of his body at gear2 to defeat aokiji's fruit was really interesting. what can he use to defeat BB or kuma? let's try to guess about them. don't you think this is a lot more interesting and fun way of arguing;)

sharingan_kakashi
May 02, 2008, 03:00 PM
what is yonkou? does the shikbukai's have a crew? was hacci's tatoo jimbei's or arlong's? come on guys those predictions are not fun at all? what about predicting what moves, what newly developed techniques luffy could use to defeat current threads? using the temperature of his body at gear2 to defeat aokiji's fruit was really interesting. what can he use to defeat BB or kuma? let's try to guess about them. don't you think this is a lot more interesting and fun way of arguing;)

Think about it this way. One piece is a cake. The cake( dough/bread) is the storyline and the Fighting is the icing. you cant have one without the other.

@chopper's poster pic. I believe pictures of chopper, nami, Sanji (drawing), Franky were taken in Water 7. Nami talked about getting her picture taken after franky's minions showed her the bounties. She said the thought it was for a magazine or something like that.

Tobi Uchiha
May 02, 2008, 07:16 PM
Nami talked about getting her picture taken after franky's minions showed her the bounties. She said the thought it was for a magazine or something like that.

Where exactly did she say that? o_O

bolsjhevik
May 02, 2008, 07:55 PM
Where exactly did she say that? o_O

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/436/002/

in the bottom..

but i think sanji pic taken in enies... if his pic taken in water seven he will have photo not some drawing of duval, right ??

Akainu
May 03, 2008, 02:25 AM
no, actually there never has been a proper photo of sanji, but thats the fault of the guy who takes them. and if you think about it a bit, choppers could never have been taken during the davy back fight or do you think pirates send in pictures to the WG?
furthermore the scenes in which the photos were taken haven't been shown, so you can safely assume what nami says is right. there are periods of time we may never see what they do inbetween (e.g. sailing from island A to island B, thats not a matter of 3 pannels but it would get boring to have like 3 chapters of it)

Luckas
May 03, 2008, 05:05 AM
Stay on topic, guys ;)

Tobi Uchiha
May 03, 2008, 09:05 AM
I predict that the scene will change to zorro getting in trouble, like meeting one of the supernovas or a meeting with this axe guy, maybe he's rayleigh?!

goldb
May 03, 2008, 12:27 PM
yeah, it could be.....the possibilities are endless(not really, but you get the point...)

i don't think we'll find out who rayleigh is by the next chapter though...

Impel Down
May 03, 2008, 06:38 PM
Maybe it's a difference in translations, but who's Rayleigh? Anyone have some alternate romanizations of that name?

And Akainu, during the party is entirely possible that he was eating cotton candy/candy floss then. Flaming Attach was able to get into town and take Nami's picture, so he could get Chopper's too. They say that he's got great range with his camera, like a sniping photographer.

bolsjhevik
May 03, 2008, 07:59 PM
Rayleigh is the coating guy...the man that hachin wish can help the SH go to mermaid land

I think Shakkie cann't be luffy mother cause garp won't chase his family....

maybe the next chap is about zoro who meet the axe guy......or maybe something like all the SH gone to Impel down cause they all had been capture by WG and then they manage to get away from impeldown with Ace and crocodile......

and if you see nami picture in the wanted poster, u'll see that her bikini is same like the bikini that her use in galley swiming pool before they have party....

Akainu
May 04, 2008, 04:27 AM
And Akainu, during the party is entirely possible that he was eating cotton candy/candy floss then. Flaming Attach was able to get into town and take Nami's picture, so he could get Chopper's too. They say that he's got great range with his camera, like a sniping photographer.

so what? I just wrote that Oda doesn't show us everything and that the picture clearly wasn't taken in the DBF-arc as they celebrated with those pirates. I'm entirely aware of the fact, that the current bounty pictures were taken in W7 and most likely during those 3 days of party.

[please read more carefully. thx in advance.]

CriticalReload
May 04, 2008, 12:05 PM
so what? I just wrote that Oda doesn't show us everything and that the picture clearly wasn't taken in the DBF-arc as they celebrated with those pirates. I'm entirely aware of the fact, that the current bounty pictures were taken in W7 and most likely during those 3 days of party.

[please read more carefully. thx in advance.]

Aye. And if you think about it, why would that "Flaming attack" guy take a picture of Chopper anyway, since he wasn´t known to the WG at the time...?
He was celebretized (only as a pet, but anyway) during the EL-arc.

Imitorar
May 04, 2008, 12:51 PM
Alright, that's enough. People have been going off-topic in this thread very frequently, despite at least two reminders to stay on-topic. I'm heading off the discussion of when the bounty poster pictures were taken NOW. This is the One Piece 498 Discussion/499 Predictions thread, not the One Piece Mega Convo thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976), so I suggest that everyone use THIS thread exclusively for discussion of chapter 498 and prediction of chapter 499, and use the Mega Convo thread for the random discussions that pop into your head or come up in a discussion, but don't have or aren't worth making a thread in the Tree of Knowledge sub-forum (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61). That is, after all, what the Mega Convo thread is for.

From now on, if I see a post that seems to be discussing a topic unrelated to the Shabondy arc in this thread, it will be moved to the Mega Convo or an appropriate thread in the Tree of Knowledge. DO NOT think that adding a line or so about the Shabondy arc will make your post count as "on-topic". It won't. I will leave the off-topic discussions that are already in this thread here, but I expect to see no more of them.

DutchPhoenix
May 05, 2008, 05:35 AM
i wonder where kaku is in the cover stories

Fox666
May 05, 2008, 05:45 AM
Wheren't Kaku being carryed by Jabura? I remember seeing him and Lucci unconscious.

Devil-buster
May 05, 2008, 06:31 AM
I think a couple of the rookies might be after the same coating guy....since the coating guy is a pirate himself he might say than he will help whomever is the strongest leading to an all out battle....this seems like a good starter to a confrontation between kid and luffy...although I dont personally think he is a big threat to luffy...although we dont know his strength yet...according to the bar lady he is overrated due to his attack on civilians...even if he is really worth all of the 315 million beri.....Moris'a bounty was 320 million and that was before he joined the shikubukai and probably before he even created the zombie army.....meaning his strength was much higher and he wasnt all that match for luffy...compared to the previous lucci fight.....although with chapter 500 right around the corner I hope oda pulls out something phenomenal.....http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/24364/Open%20Shirt%20Luffy.JPG
Large image put in spoiler tags. Please, don't post such huge images without putting spoiler tags around them in the future.

zoidvibe
May 05, 2008, 06:52 AM
i wonder where kaku is in the cover stories

Kaku seemed not able to move of his own accord, piggy-backed( w/ Jyabura); along the trek over the seatrain tracks. Safe to assume he's bed-ridden?

new subtopic:
Are subsequent, released versions of the chapters, by FrankyHouse, more accurate than version(s) past? The first chapter posted on onemanga contained a different script than version two, [now present on onemanga].

The original version posted contained a line(, by a defeated hunter), "...only one person...;" page four, bottom panel, bottom left text bubble. The line followed by an abrupt scene shift from bountyhunter-groundzero, to Grove 13, Shakuyaku's bar. Did the hunter mean only one crew would leave the archipelago(, onward,) or did he imply he wished to capture atleast one 100k+ bounty.

Perhaps some test, (given by Rayleigh?) to deter ill-willed pirates( or other men seeking to avoid legal means of transportation to the New World... (Capone doesn't seem a pirate--an unlawful man at sea, yes, but the mafia gear would have me think otherwise))? I'm thinking Rayleigh may have the market monopolized on professional coat-resign engineering... would go to explain why a large group of 100k+ bounties have gathered.... assuming they're all seeking Rayleigh's service.

If subsequent FH versions are more accurate elaborations and not different interpretations, then the previous two paragraphs of speculation negate. (._.)'

I apologize for this wall of text that may not read friendly and confuse. I'll elaborate or answer questions if need be. As a post-warning: English is my first language, I know not a second.... but uh... yeah, you may notice liberal use of English grammar; here and there. >.>'

edit:
@Devil-buster: You beat me to the punch regarding our akin theory... relating the eight other crews, with 100k+ bounties, and Rayleigh's probable test of willpower. Rayleigh, may force a challenge among the crews to deter all but one from their dreams...
but then again... as the chapter's entitled 'The 11 Supernovas.' I can't help but think that the nine crews( or more aptly the eleven 100k+ bounties) will simply fight each other, but rather, form their resources to crumble some body--in form of--immense World Government magnitude that'll be well-noted by the New World(; Rayleigh the seventh shichibukai?). Perhaps the chapters to come will be the makings of the fourth world power; The Eleven Supernovas?

edit two: >.>'
"Where is Buggy?" as a few have mentioned in this thread. I'm thinking he'll( during or soon before the main plot of Shabondy arc) involve himself in the affairs of The Eleven Supernovas. His bounty may have updated to an amount 100k+... and as Buggy, being the unfortunate soul that is Buggy, will probably play a role equally as profound as the eleven others yet become unrecognized as the 'twelfth supernova.' "Ever hear of the Twelfth Supernova?" Thoughts? Concerns? =D

Fox666
May 05, 2008, 09:00 AM
Since Buggy was in Roger ship, it's possible to he go to the New World. But it's also possible he being in the Archipelago itself, since he has a very low bounty wouldn't be noted.

Still, I can't see how the Supernovas (excluding Strawhats) could be compared to the three main factors of the world (Admirals, Shichibukais or Yonkous).

Organizized
May 05, 2008, 09:51 AM
Still, I can't see how the Supernovas (excluding Strawhats) could be compared to the three main factors of the world (Admirals, Shichibukais or Yonkous).

Or to any of the pirates in the new world? Just because they have the biggest bounties at Shabondy doesn't mean they're strongest or worth the most of all the "regular" pirates in the world.

And we don't know anything about their fighting styles, their intelligence or their anything right now but I hope we'll see how well they compare eventually.

HikaruYami
May 05, 2008, 10:30 AM
We do know that the big eater eats A LOT, though. She should have an eating competition with Luffy!

goldb
May 05, 2008, 10:33 AM
yeah i wonder what would happen if she and luffy meet...could be interesting

Fox666
May 05, 2008, 01:11 PM
That is the first thing that I had in mind. Seeing what happened when Luffy meet Blackbeard, at least you can expect an eating competition.

luffy_boy
May 05, 2008, 01:25 PM
I wonder if this axe-man http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/497/16/ could be the coatingguy?

Akainu
May 05, 2008, 01:42 PM
could well be the axe guy.

upon reading all those eating competition predictions (which I find quite interesting though they 'd need a fast enough cook ;) ) I thought that perhaps 7 out of the 8 other crews (captains) might be a symbol for the 7 sins, gluttony is pretty obvious but there is a lack of information on these characters yet.

Mische
May 05, 2008, 03:20 PM
But then we also have that misterious man on the roof. He might be the coating guy. Of course he could be anyone and anything right now.

Yeah i thought so too about the coating guy being the axe man ;)
But of course it could be a bounty hunter too as many predicted it.
We will definately find out later on but he sure seemed like an important character for this arc.

an eating competition really sounds like luffy. I am looking forward to see how the other pirates react on the Sh´s. At least some of them seemed to be well informed so they will most likely know some things about them already.

natli
May 05, 2008, 05:09 PM
You know what really convinced me that Shabondy is a place on a completely different level strenghtwise? The way they react to Brooke. It's all "Oh, a walking skeleton, funny that" as demonstrated by Shakky. You can imagine what kind of weirdoes those people see on a daily basis.

sharingan_kakashi
May 05, 2008, 06:52 PM
I wonder if this axe-man http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/497/16/ could be the coatingguy?

Oh, so that was the axeguy you people are talking about. i just ignored him cause i thought he was a tenryuu. Now that i think about it. he doesnt have a helmet so he cant be one of them. Well axe guy kinda has the same eyes as the falcon guy that takes care of Princess Vivi. You guys could be right.

Razh
May 05, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah of course.

So, could someone tell me why does the coating ex-pirate guy run off for a few months to drink and enjoy women only to sit on a roof with an axe and browse through wanted posters?

Akainu
May 06, 2008, 12:51 AM
because he is looking for an high(er) bounty. bounty is the basis he judges. his services (aka coating) are only for the strongest, hence his line "No use having bums like that alive in the New World..." because he is the one able to control who will go and who won't.

well it's a theory^^

Razh
May 06, 2008, 02:11 AM
Well, the most probable thing to conclude is that he's a bountyhunter. Of course, that doesn't have to be true. But the way he was talking about that Devil's bounty while holding those papers (I supppose they are bounty posters) makes me think he's a bountyhunter.
We don't really know anything about Raleigh, so maybe there is something that would make him sit on the roof like that. Even so, if it's true, it's probably for some reason better than deciding who gets to go to Disneyland.

Well, now that I said what I think about it, there's more more thing.
Shakky said that Raleigh is probably in groves 1 to 29, because he couldn't let his guard down around marines. I guess she knows.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/498/10/

That incident with the nobles happened in grove 31. (Lover left panel)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/497/12/

Just saying. It's still possible that it's Raleigh, but I would like it if it were some bountyhunter.

Mische
May 06, 2008, 07:04 AM
I agree that for now its most likely that he is some bounty hunter but as you said there could be reasons for the coating guy to sit around there. Both the Axe guy and Raleigh will play a big role at the archipelagio i´d say, no matter if they are two or one and the same person.

Maybe Rayleigh works as some kind of scouter for the New World! He seems to be a very strong and rather old former pirate since for him will probably count the same as for Shakky. Shakky says that information is important and that she is finding fun in supporting rookies. so maybe he is wandering around to scout new recruits for all or at least one of the 4 Emperors. Of course this sounds strange now but it might be one way how "rookies" are entering the new world since non of the Emperors will just let those newbies sail around in their area. So eather you are with them or they will come and blow up your dreams.

zoidvibe
May 06, 2008, 07:22 AM
The shadowy figure with the giant axe could be a recruiter for Dragon's revolutionary force. Perhaps Rayleigh, if not a shichibukai, then maybe a revolutionary recruiter seeking out strong-willed allegiance to aid the revolution task force.... or perhaps a shichibuaki doubling as a revolutionary recruiter as a means to mole the World Gov't.

Fox666
May 06, 2008, 09:15 AM
I fell like they will meet Jimbei. Even Fishmen Island is very close to the Mariejoya, but since they are with Hatchin he (maybe she?) could be not an enemy.

You know what really convinced me that Shabondy is a place on a completely different level strenghtwise? The way they react to Brooke. It's all "Oh, a walking skeleton, funny that" as demonstrated by Shakky. You can imagine what kind of weirdoes those people see on a daily basis.Well, exquisite characters there are in every crew in One Piece. =p Look at Jango, Pearl, even more powerfull characters such as Moria...
But Chopper and Franky aren't weirdos too?