View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 51 (ch492-502) Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

sharingan_kakashi
June 07, 2008, 03:44 PM
Who is Lola's mom?

And good theory btw ajj216011

Dxl
June 07, 2008, 03:45 PM
such a sweet chapter! when i saw the last page i was just like "finally! in your face you b***" :) i still wonder how they will get those explosive collars off caimie's neck though, it can't be too easy otherwise any stronger pirate would just crack it and dash off! However, i still don't think an admiral will come, i'm more looking forward to the start of WB / WG battle - i really hope the spotlight will be on that fight for at least 5 chapters!
btw, i would really love if the starfish (forgot his name xD) would join SHs, he's so cool!

JC123
June 07, 2008, 03:59 PM
ok, on the Admirals...

There's only three. Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru... They are the most powerful Marines next to the WG and Sengoku.

They HAVE to be strong just to make it to admiral-ship. To say one is weaker than another is dismissing the fact that any one of them was a match for Luffy in a one-on-one fight.

Also, Luffy has squared off with 3 or 4 Shichibukai...

Crocodile (defeated)
Gecko Moria (defeated)
Blackbeard (Skypiea arc forestalled that fight...)
Bartholomew Bear (Zolo sacrificed himself to save him)

I doubt highly that Luffy will fight WB. If Ace is a part of that crew and he knew what was going to happen to his brother, he, and WB would team up not only on the WG, but Blackbeard as well (who IS a Shichibukai now)

Lola's mom - Thriller Bark arc, she gave Nami a piece of paper that turned out to be an indication device of where that person is.

kigai
June 07, 2008, 04:48 PM
WOOOOOW That was soooo cool its about time someone kicked the hell out of one of thos stuck up F***S!!

I dont get why the other pirates fear the marine admiral's so much..
There pirates yet they fear the admiral's.....
So what if a admiral comes and you die thats the whole point lol at least you died to someone powerfull and not nobody

If luffy isnt scared why should someone like kid and any of the other be affraid?

:D

Asva
June 07, 2008, 05:03 PM
Imho, this is what will happen;

The admirals being too occupied with WB will not go after Luffy for the Tenryuubito affair (For some time).
In the meantime, Grap, Being the closest High-Ranking marine (Because of Rayleigh capture as a slave) will arrive at the scene and help identify Rayleigh for the SH's and sort the problem with Luffy smashing the stupid 'Noble' (maybe even invite them for a cup of tea in the Holy Land [thriller-arc copy xD, when Sengeko was mad at him...]).
Rayleigh, seeing Luffy's stupidity which will remind him of Roger's (Kokoro-san said so herself...being as stupid as he his reminds her of Roger) so he will coat their ship for free and will train a little bit the SH's.

After that they will depart to the Fishland-Island and only after they'll enter the second half of Grandline will the admirals start their chase after the SH's (seeing as he's not a fray anymore and can't be ignored even with the opening war with WB).

BTW, I soooooo regret Zoro wasn't the one that smashed this 'Noble'.

(Sorry for spelling mistakes and bad grammar [when I have them]{English being the third language that I learned when I didn't finished my first and second language and even started the fourth and 5th gives me the bad habit of writing [and talking] with mistakes} really, sorry :) )

The reason why the other rookies are afraid is because they're scared sh*tless to die.
SH's crew are special case.

edit: (again xD)
Forgot to say...priceless punch and Kidd's expression. Luffy is to be feared of!

neomaster121
June 07, 2008, 05:15 PM
well luffy squared off with 2
Zoros squared of with 2 loosing in a 1 on 1 battles with kuma and mi hawk

an admiral if were to be beated would have to be done with a 3 on one battle royal and by beat i mean make the marine back off until he comes back with more numbers

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 07, 2008, 05:30 PM
just read the chapter(i know i'm late). Looks like all hell is about to break lose in One Piece.

OdaForPresident
June 07, 2008, 06:06 PM
Who is Lola's mom?

And good theory btw ajj216011

probably one of the 4 emperors of the new world. Along with White beard and Shanks. We know shes in the new world and that shes a powerfull pirate so why not.

bax
June 07, 2008, 06:26 PM
well, great chapter, and I think rayleigh will help the SH's soon, and i hope we'll get to see more of his skills. I dont think there will be so much of a fight now acctually, more like an escape... maybe luffy will kick some noblesasses before they leave.. :P

Actually I doubt he'll help the SH >.>

Since with his knowledge and all, many questions could be given the answers easily. Example:

- The Rio Poneglyph
- What is One Piece?
- The 4 emperors
- etc

He probably will say something like "Go find it yourself. I'm too old for these" >.>;

probably one of the 4 emperors of the new world. Along with White beard and Shanks. We know shes in the new world and that shes a powerfull pirate so why not.

As for that, I don't see anyone in the Yonkou that gives a hint she is Lola's mother though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Yonkou.JPG

She should be one of the 2 under Shanks, but even those, looks a bit far >.> Although we can't tell much with just silhouettes.

pcxxy
June 07, 2008, 08:03 PM
it doesn't look like a woman to me... but lola didn't look like one either so who knows ;p

caco
June 07, 2008, 08:10 PM
The bounty is going up for sure

bleachball
June 07, 2008, 08:12 PM
hm.. i wonder how strong the bond between luffy and ace is. havent seen them together much, only word to mouth.

what i predict is that Ace will let slip that Luffy is his brother, and the super nobles willl actually come after Luffy. Ace breaks free of the prison, and goes after them. i expect a war, or at least a heavy buildup until someone big comes.. preferably whitebeard himself, or even shanks. its time Luffy see's some of the big guys.

on a side note, wasnt there a chapter ages ago showing a duel between Shanks and Whitebeard? i wonder what became of that outcome.

then again, manga chapters tend to drag on forever. next chapter we'll probably see snivelling charles whinge and cry to his father.

LoS
June 07, 2008, 08:21 PM
Exactly, Lola wasn't very feminine herself. Her mom I guess would be the one directly under Shanks if indeed she is one of the 4.

purplerose_04
June 07, 2008, 09:12 PM
Exactly, Lola wasn't very feminine herself. Her mom I guess would be the one directly under Shanks if indeed she is one of the 4.

yea i thought so too... the person seem kinda chubby so who know, but it would be kool though...

then again, manga chapters tend to drag on forever. next chapter we'll probably see snivelling charles whinge and cry to his father.

"snivelling charles?" is that the ahole that got punch by luffy? I think the next chapter we will see everyone expression.. but i think he got knock out.. seriously Luffy punch is something remember Bellamy? that dude was knock out and he was somewat strong... but this dude is pathetic so i say he is knock out.. but it probably be a huge commotion we probably wont' see much.. well we will see

viajengquolorum
June 07, 2008, 09:20 PM
lol, oda is so mean, i always feel like craving for another chapter in the end when i got the last page...

anyway, the hell is with kidd? he even sweat when he saw luffy about to punch the snot picking guy... i thought he is somewhat different than those rookies that tries to prevent zorro considering that he is the number one among the supernovas in terms of bounty. i think that spells the difference between SH and kidd's crew.

i think someone from the WG will came, maybe its garp, since there no one yet in the auction that is worth a fight for SHs. Or the axe guy is already there? i really hope we can enjoy another SH's rumble there, but an escape scenario did makes sense...

Shiro-kun
June 07, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah The Punch was very simmilar to Bellamy's, He smacked the Noble silly with the noble Getting his just deserves.
Also the parts leading up to the punch was awesome, An Happy turned Angered Luffy in a very emoitional moment was also incredible moment

Anyways I wonder if A admiral will come to the Noble's aid in the first place, There about to deal with Whitebeard which well be catastrophic ...I think it well be a slap in the face for the Nobles if they dont get their request and Probably wont be sasitified with a Vice Admiral coming (Garp)

If a Admiral does come , i want it to be a different Admiral aside from Aokiji , hopefully Kizaru or Akainu might come instead

i also wonder if (probably well) Rayliegh well help the Straw Hats even if they have to Escape and we can see some of his abilities :s

wing_gundam
June 07, 2008, 11:10 PM
I noticed on the last page it says "Luffy's wrath... smashing through every limit!!"

I think that could be fairly interesting. It might just be an end note type remark, such as one usually on the side bar of other manga's. However, for now it suggests to me that it might be Oda passing on the fact that Luffy's rage has pushed him to a new level of strength. If you think about it, if Hacchi dies, this will be the closest Luffy's ever been to losing a nakama. This might be what he needs to go to a new level.

The death of a friend has been used many times before - such as going Super Saiyan in DBZ, or obtaining the MS in Naruto. It's a far stretch before Oda confirms it in the manga but might be possible.
[hr]
Also to note of interest:

1) Duval kinda disapeared since the SH's got to the auction eh? He came with Sanji but is now gone (prob minor plot hole)

2) Wasn't Brooke with Chopper and Usopp? We see Usopp in another grove in the previous chapter but only Chopper makes it to the auction...

3) Robin was with Nami and hasn't been seen either for two chapters.

So the real question is where are Brooke + Usopp + Robin (and will that mean anything later). Oda does like to line up the characters when something big happens. So I hope he wasn't just getting lazy and forgot to draw them in. He usually doesn't do that, so those three will probably serve a purpose.

tovi
June 07, 2008, 11:57 PM
wow...this chapter is really cool....since luffy is gonna be the next pirate king, there's no one can stop him...he must conquer all the world, even the WG's scared about. so why must he worried about piece of trash like tenryuubito......i don't care if the admiral come...luffy's gonna kick their ass...please bring the strong opponent now oda....don't like moria...no need anyone helps, just strawhat alone is ok

gfire2
June 08, 2008, 01:47 AM
i believe camie mite end up being the 10th member or another mermaid/men becoz who is the best at saving hammers merppl.

but we do need a death in OP, a death would realli push luffy to the next level and it would make the storyline more better

vixas
June 08, 2008, 02:22 AM
I was wondering did luffy's bounty rise after he defeated Moria ???

I am not sure but can anyone confirm that

next chapter is gonna be a mega blast !!!!

scottyijoe
June 08, 2008, 03:03 AM
Luffy's bounty has not risen vixas. It probably won't as the WG would like to keep it quiet that Moria was defeated.

Loved the chapter though. That punch was well deserved. Plenty of possibilities now as well. I'm glad Oda pushed it through quickly and the confrontation should be soon. I imagine a brief fight (probably more an escape) before they leave quickly for the next island. Perhaps once they are there they can slow down and relax a little bit.

At least Luffy made it to the Amusement Park already. He would have been upset if he had of missed that :p

vixas
June 08, 2008, 03:17 AM
:darn luffy's bounty should be around 500 mil belli !!! yoho hoho hooo !!

and zoro's should be around 300-400 and sanji's around 100 i think !!

:darn stupid WG !! they should release it soon so kid and other's would know who they are dealing with if they butt in lol !! yohoho hooo !!

mmmmm... maybe they wont , but it may be possible

Yans86
June 08, 2008, 03:22 AM
This is sick!!!!!!!!!!OMG,amazing chapter,Oda I can't live every week waitin for the next chapter,having big surprise and then....waitin again!My heart is not so strong.........

Guys,what is gonna happen right now?not sure about Garp coming......but for sure,someone is going to show up!!!but what bother me the most,is that everyone,every supernovae hava to pass fishman Island to reach the New World.....is the only way......wich means that it will be a f***** survival race crazy royal rumble arc!!!!! with marine,tenryubito,shichibukai (Jinbei or Doflamingo?),supernova and maybe the guy on the roof(shichibukai?admiral or bountyhunter???)...
The crazy crazy crazy crazy Oda!he use to smoke something really good for sure eh ehe e he he heh!!!!

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg

vixas
June 08, 2008, 03:33 AM
i was gonna call 911 when i finished reading, then i figured out i was already dead

yohoho ho hoooooooo !!! i am gonna find a devil fruit that gives me the power to go to the future !

hasin
June 08, 2008, 04:03 AM
here goes my theory. after some insignificant challenges to sh's auction workers will try to activate camie's collar. sh's barely stop it and get camie. they try to take it off from camie but they won!t be able to. as discussing what could be done rayleigh will come closer to them. he will intruduce himself as the coating guy and and coat the collar with a substance that doesn't affect camie even if it explodes on her.

k-dom
June 08, 2008, 04:06 AM
I can't wait to see the expression of the 2 others tenryuubito faces.

Akainu
June 08, 2008, 05:00 AM
hihi, I bet it will be like enel/perona except that its two perons at once xD

Vizard5
June 08, 2008, 05:48 AM
Also to note of interest:

1) Duval kinda disapeared since the SH's got to the auction eh? He came with Sanji but is now gone (prob minor plot hole)

2) Wasn't Brooke with Chopper and Usopp? We see Usopp in another grove in the previous chapter but only Chopper makes it to the auction...

3) Robin was with Nami and hasn't been seen either for two chapters.

So the real question is where are Brooke + Usopp + Robin (and will that mean anything later). Oda does like to line up the characters when something big happens. So I hope he wasn't just getting lazy and forgot to draw them in. He usually doesn't do that, so those three will probably serve a purpose.

1) i think duval is waiting in the water outside the auction house..

2)-3) they just got on the flying fishes on the same spot.. after that they split up to make the search faster, so the ones that were closest to the auction house arrived first..

methodmethod2
June 08, 2008, 06:00 AM
This chapter was amazing, simply amazing. But honestly, who didnt see that coming? I mean it was painfully obvious that luffy was going to engage one of those snobs eventually, especially after zolo almost cut the one in half.

If an admiral was to be sent, there's no telling which one it would be, and there is no way to tell if Luffy and the rest of the SH's could defeat him/her. Its unfortunate that basically every time luffy loses a battle its mainly because the opponent was a Logia DF user. Even worse logia users have a pretty unfair advantage not only against Luffy, but the entire straw hat crew since they have virtually no way to counter them. Logia users are going to become a serious problem, since so many high ranked officals/pirates are going to have logia abilities, and with the "new world" approaching soon, the SH's will have to fight another logia DF user soon.

If that were to happen the SH's would be easily defeated, because all there attacks are mainly physical. So aside from recruiting a logia DF user, how are they supposed to stand their ground? The only thing that comes to mind, is Seastones. The only foreseable problem is that Luffy could not use a seastone very effectively in combat because he is a DF user who uses hand to hand combat(opposed to smoker who can make full use the seastones abilities since he fights with a weapon). Luckily the SH crew is packed full of extremly strong people who have not ate a DF. So maybe zoro could purchase a sword made entirely out of seastones, since its supposely as hard as diamond, or sanji could wear shoes coated in seastones or something like that :P. Perhaps this silvers rayleigh is capable of crafting such items? Perhaps not. If it was possible it would definitly place Luffy in an odd position since he, the "captain" would be standing on the side lines while the other SH's fought extremly tough opponents. Even though i suppose he could have sea stone gloves or something...

On a side note. I think alot of people are grossely under estimating how unbelievable powerful the SH crew is now. There is no way that any of the other rookie crews even compare. You cant even compare bounties because of all the outside factors, and the fact that the SH's bounties have remained unchanged after the Thriller park incident, were they killed a frigin shichibukai against all odds. And is there really any comparison between the SH's when they defeated CP9, and the SH's when they left the furion triangle? No. There is no comparison.

In any case, we can be certain that Silvers Rayleigh is the key to the SH's survival at this point in the manga.

Sorry for the rambling, this chapter got me really worked up. Thoughts?

neomaster121
June 08, 2008, 07:56 AM
This chapter was amazing, simply amazing. But honestly, who didnt see that coming? I mean it was painfully obvious that luffy was going to engage one of those snobs eventually, especially after zolo almost cut the one in half.

If an admiral was to be sent, there's no telling which one it would be, and there is no way to tell if Luffy and the rest of the SH's could defeat him/her. Its unfortunate that basically every time luffy loses a battle its mainly because the opponent was a Logia DF user. Even worse logia users have a pretty unfair advantage not only against Luffy, but the entire straw hat crew since they have virtually no way to counter them. Logia users are going to become a serious problem, since so many high ranked officals/pirates are going to have logia abilities, and with the "new world" approaching soon, the SH's will have to fight another logia DF user soon.

If that were to happen the SH's would be easily defeated, because all there attacks are mainly physical. So aside from recruiting a logia DF user, how are they supposed to stand their ground? The only thing that comes to mind, is Seastones. The only foreseable problem is that Luffy could not use a seastone very effectively in combat because he is a DF user who uses hand to hand combat(opposed to smoker who can make full use the seastones abilities since he fights with a weapon). Luckily the SH crew is packed full of extremly strong people who have not ate a DF. So maybe zoro could purchase a sword made entirely out of seastones, since its supposely as hard as diamond, or sanji could wear shoes coated in seastones or something like that :P. Perhaps this silvers rayleigh is capable of crafting such items? Perhaps not. If it was possible it would definitly place Luffy in an odd position since he, the "captain" would be standing on the side lines while the other SH's fought extremly tough opponents. Even though i suppose he could have sea stone gloves or something...

On a side note. I think alot of people are grossely under estimating how unbelievable powerful the SH crew is now. There is no way that any of the other rookie crews even compare. You cant even compare bounties because of all the outside factors, and the fact that the SH's bounties have remained unchanged after the Thriller park incident, were they killed a frigin shichibukai against all odds. And is there really any comparison between the SH's when they defeated CP9, and the SH's when they left the furion triangle? No. There is no comparison.

In any case, we can be certain that Silvers Rayleigh is the key to the SH's survival at this point in the manga.

Sorry for the rambling, this chapter got me really worked up. Thoughts?

whats up with these seastone ideas
the crew will not use seastones (excluding nami or ussop) to fight
Zoro's got a new sword already and wouldn't replace it with a seastone sword. Zoro would rather sharpen his skills to cut through a logia type than cheat and use a seastone sword. And think about it he uses 3 swords the most important is in his mouth. Why would he get one sword which would be the only sword which would touch logia types. It makes no sense he would have to use one sword style mainly.
Luffy would never use a seastone glove or he would have thought about it straight after their fight with ice man

Seastones are not going to be used by the main fighters

Zoro-kun
June 08, 2008, 08:53 AM
lol seastonegloves ^^ effective, but WAY too lame. Maybe the navy will do something like that, but not luffy or zoro. or maybe usopp^^ haha, that would be fun..

wing_gundam
June 08, 2008, 09:33 AM
I don't think seastone anything is going to play a major role in weapony for a while. A good/strong fighter will be on guard/counter it.

I mean c'mon they are surrounded by water - all it really takes for the marines to win is to fire enough cannon balls around the 1000 Sunnies which create enough splashes to cover the ship enough to make the DF users powerless and then attack.

Then you look at Luffy during Water 7 - he fell into the ocean a few times and did not drown - the little girl saved him but he didn't drown the way he did in Arlong Park. Robin had the handcuffs on - which technically should make her weigh like a hammer - yet it didn't (which is another topic so I'll end it) and the CP9 Owl guy fell in as well -but he used his martial arts moves to get out. (Actually I can't remember off hand if he in fact does have a DF power - but with that ugly mug he might.) Plus there is the scene where Luffy and Lucci are both standing knee high in the water (sea water it should be) and then just jump out of there.

The point being is seastone enough won't bring down mighty fighters.

Finale
June 08, 2008, 09:54 AM
Aokiji is referred to as the strongest fighter in the marines so if an admiral does come I doubt it would be him. I doubt it would be Akainu either becuase of the Ohara incident and I think he'll receive an arc where he plays a major role with Robin confronting him possibly. So that leaves Kizaru (Yellow Monkey) that we know next to nothing about. I wonder if Moria will continue to be a Shichibukai or if the WG will replace him possibly with one of the Supernovas.

Not to be taken seriously, wouldn't it be hilarious if Kizaru turned out to be a woman and Luffy's mom. I would like to know who she is eventually or at least her current fate.

As far as Lola's mom being a Yonkou none of the shadowed two looked very feminine and didn't the rolling pirates say that she was even more beautiful than mermaids?

makirai
June 08, 2008, 10:18 AM
Not to be taken seriously, wouldn't it be hilarious if Kizaru turned out to be a woman and Luffy's mom. I would like to know who she is eventually or at least her current fate.

That.. is quite plausible.. considering luffy's family is one unbelievable one.. lol.. hilarious tho.. xD
[hr]

I don't think seastone anything is going to play a major role in weapony for a while. A good/strong fighter will be on guard/counter it.

I mean c'mon they are surrounded by water - all it really takes for the marines to win is to fire enough cannon balls around the 1000 Sunnies which create enough splashes to cover the ship enough to make the DF users powerless and then attack.

Then you look at Luffy during Water 7 - he fell into the ocean a few times and did not drown - the little girl saved him but he didn't drown the way he did in Arlong Park. Robin had the handcuffs on - which technically should make her weigh like a hammer - yet it didn't (which is another topic so I'll end it) and the CP9 Owl guy fell in as well -but he used his martial arts moves to get out. (Actually I can't remember off hand if he in fact does have a DF power - but with that ugly mug he might.) Plus there is the scene where Luffy and Lucci are both standing knee high in the water (sea water it should be) and then just jump out of there.

The point being is seastone enough won't bring down mighty fighters.

most definitely... seastone only disable a person from using it's DF abilities.. So if in the event luffy was stopped with a seastone, he wont be able to stretch and so on.. but i still wont wanna be punched by him.. lol..

just my theory tho xD

knivez
June 08, 2008, 10:35 AM
Imagine zoro with a seastone sword.. every logia user would be powerless against him. Way to overpowered also seastone bullets in marine guns? DF would become useless. I dont think oda will go this way. I hope we get to see more DF weapons, Usopp would be great with a DF gun : D. The world goverment seems to be heading more into a technological path with the pacifista and the 'thing' that makes it possible for them to traverse the calm belts... motorised ships? I think they have something up their sleeves and will defeat WB with reasonable ease.

LoS
June 08, 2008, 11:06 AM
Imagine zoro with a seastone sword.. every logia user would be powerless against him.

Not entirely true. Sea stone steals a DF users energy, but if a logia type were to make a secondary attack like say a projectile of their power then it should still work against Zoro.

Like if Ace or Enel were to stay a good distance from Zoro and his Sea stone sword, they would create fireballs and lightnings and hurl them at Zoro. At that point the attacks exist in nature so I cant see the Sea stone dissipating the attack power.

JC123
June 08, 2008, 12:25 PM
CP9 Owl guy fell in as well -but he used his martial arts moves to get out. (Actually I can't remember off hand if he in fact does have a DF power - but with that ugly mug he might.)

Fukuroi used Soru, not DF. :)

If that were to happen the SH's would be easily defeated, because all there attacks are mainly physical. So aside from recruiting a logia DF user, how are they supposed to stand their ground?

He beat Eneru. Also, I think his 2nd Gear would be effective now against Aokiji at the very least.

Should be fun to see what other fights are going to come up. Seriously, I wanna see what all these other pirates are going to do with the consequences of Luffy's actions.

And Hachi, I don't believe he'll die. Wounded yes, but Chopper is right there.

ukyo1
June 08, 2008, 01:47 PM
Not entirely true. Sea stone steals a DF users energy, but if a logia type were to make a secondary attack like say a projectile of their power then it should still work against Zoro.

Like if Ace or Enel were to stay a good distance from Zoro and his Sea stone sword, they would create fireballs and lightnings and hurl them at Zoro. At that point the attacks exist in nature so I cant see the Sea stone dissipating the attack power.

Logia type Df users are too confident .....the usually let person hit ...because they dont see any danger on it....so if him let zoro give a hit......maybe there ownt be need for more.

:)

gold349
June 08, 2008, 01:47 PM
I know that Garp said that they can not handle 2 legends at this moment, I know that ace is from the WB crew and you would expect WB to come to his aid, but we have seen how much love shanks holds for Luffy and is concerned for Ace's well being too, it could be any one of them so why are people sayings its White Beard who will be saving Ace or thats who Garp was talking about? . The last we see of White beard, him and Shanks were just about to get it on, we still don't know the out come of that battle. For all we know it could be Shanks, the legend Garp is talking about.

Akainu
June 08, 2008, 02:14 PM
imho Shanks can not be considered a "legend". sure he is famous and he is a yonkuo but "legend" is something that is above the rest. WB isn't the strongest man on the world for nothing...
and about Shanks coming (thats the case that against all odds he is considered a legend) to save Ace that's not plausible since Shanks doesn't know Ace as good as Luffy.
If it was Luffy to be executed then Shanks could perhaps be there to help.

Asva
June 08, 2008, 02:21 PM
........While WB accounted for the strongest fighter alive (and the only one who could hold his ground in a fight with Roger), those being considerate legend...
Shanks is just one the 'Four Emperors'- sure some of his fights might be considerate legendary...but he's not legend, yet.
And I think they just exchanged one blow ("Shanks didn't came to make war").

PS; I think Luffy and Ace aren't real (as in blood-related) brothers...I think they just think of each other as brother for their closeness.

Musashi_Keiji
June 08, 2008, 02:25 PM
What's with this fascination with seastones? They're aren't kryptonite that glow and power down people around it.

Seastone is only effective when touching it. If Luffy were to have "seastone gloves"(dumbest idea ever lol) he wouldn't be able to stretch or use his Gear abilities. Ultimately leaving him more vunerable than powerful.

zelllogan
June 08, 2008, 03:00 PM
What's with this fascination with seastones? They're aren't kryptonite that glow and power down people around it.

Seastone is only effective when touching it. If Luffy were to have "seastone gloves"(dumbest idea ever lol) he wouldn't be able to stretch or use his Gear abilities. Ultimately leaving him more vunerable than powerful.

The interior doesn't need to be in seastone.

Superman
June 08, 2008, 03:29 PM
Fukuroi used Soru, not DF. :)

And Hachi, I don't believe he'll die. Wounded yes, but Chopper is right there.

I agree.:amuse

But......if we are by chopper.....well....what the fuck is his goal in life???

Its a little embarresing but,.....i really dont know.:darn:notrust

Please explain

Raysen_ht
June 08, 2008, 04:25 PM

Please explain

He was saying that chopper is a doctor and is right beside Hacchi...so he will not let him die from the bullet wound...
If i remember correctly, Chopper goal/dream is to find a medicine that can cure anything....like the one he tried to give his doctor/friend but was actually poison

As for the next chapter.... i think we will find out that the admiral threat is nothing more than a bluff to keep people from hurting the nobles

predsfan
June 08, 2008, 04:29 PM

Please explain

I think Chopper's goal is to become a doctor who can cure anything. I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly that was the quack doctors goal (sorry don't remember his name) and I think Chopper is continuing that.

edit: looks like I was beat to the punch!

As for the chapter, it was amazing as usual. I really can't wait to see what direction Oda goes with this, and I am greatly looking forward to people's reactions to Luffy punching a tenryubito. Also, just for my pleasure, I hope Luffy broke that guys bubble so that he is forced to breath the commoners air. Lastly, Charlos reminds me of Morgan's son except to a far worse degree. Oh well, I can't wait till next week.

Superman
June 08, 2008, 04:38 PM
Yes i know what JC123 meant but i ask what choppers goal or dream in live is.

However.
There are a lot of theories about what will happen next.
-Reyleigh will fight an admiral or an vice-admiral.
-No admiral or vice admiral will come.
-Garp will come and fight with Reyleight.
-Reyleigh will help Strawhats to escape.
-Garp will slap Luffy as such a "grandpa to grandson" thing.
-An admiral or vice admiral will come and pic up a fight but gets called back to ace`s domicile because there is war.

And now i forgot my point why i wrote it all up.
Shit!

Whatever.
Maybe the admirals kick the tenryubituus asses because what the tenryopussys do is everything else than justice.
Is the government is smart the clean shabandy.

WOOOOT that was my point bye :XD

gold349
June 08, 2008, 04:58 PM
While WB accounted for the strongest fighter alive (and the only one who could hold his ground in a fight with Roger), those being considerate legend...
Shanks is just one the 'Four Emperors'- sure some of his fights might be considerate legendary...but he's not legend, yet.
And I think they just exchanged one blow ("Shanks didn't came to make war").

PS; I think Luffy and Ace aren't real (as in blood-related) brothers...I think they just think of each other as brother for their closeness.

Shanks is one of the four emperors so is White Beard, but yep it might have just been one blow and not a battle. ok Shanks isn't as well known as Gold roger, Garp and Sengokou but to be one of the yonkou has to be known world wide by current generation pirates. Plus when you see WB he has all this nurses around him and has all these IV's connected to medicine bottles and was called an old man by Shanks, even Shanks warns him that Black Beard could be aiming for his title of the strongest, WB might not be what he was just like shanks ain't no snotty nose kid like he was while on Gold rogers ship. Times are/have changed and shanks will play a major role in the manga, Luffy has yet to return his hat and the meeting between Luffy and shanks is jsut a mater of time.

Luffy and Ace grew up together, he has been introduced as his brother (littraly) he also has a "D" in his name. The way I understood it is that they are real brothers maybe from different mothers but both are Dragons sons.

methodmethod2
June 08, 2008, 05:05 PM
Ok back too the seastone thing. I'm simply brainstorming ideas on how the SH's are going to fight off logia type users, because besides getting EXTREMLY lucky and fighting an electric type logia user who Luffy is pretty much IMMUNE too, how else are they going to win?

I'm not saying Zoro should go one handed style, I dont understand how anyone got that idea. He can have more then 3 swords, right? Why not aquire a sword that would be the bane of all Logia DF users? He could have three different swords, all for different purposes, but equally effective against regular enemys. He would still use the same 3 sword style, doh.Perhaps I'm blowing this whole Logia DF user thing out of proportion, maybe its not such a big deal, but since a logia user simply avoid any physical damage i dont see any other way for the SH's to win against them, aside from getting very, very lucky. Or... carying around the opposite of every single element in the world in a physical form that they can use against a particular logia user? (I.e electricity - rubber)

There is also some confusion about whether or not the SH's could use seastones, against the more difficult opponents. By "more difficult opponents" I meant "Logia DF users". Seastone weapons vs Logia opponents, because so far the SH's do not need help against regular DF enemys.

I admit its a bit of a stretch. Mainly because if sea stone weapons were thrown in, everyone would be using them, including the government, and perhaps other pirates.

also 2 legends = dragon + WB, right?

Risen
June 08, 2008, 05:09 PM
I think that silver will say something like : the last person i saw defing the World government was Roger... then he will help the Straw hats ^^.

Akainu
June 08, 2008, 05:17 PM

rather rayleigh + WB (rayleigh is the only one we can be sure was titled legend by garp.
the seastone thing ... totally doesn't belong here. idk how it came up but as it has nothing to do with the current chapter feel free to open a thread in the tree of knowledge.

Asva
June 08, 2008, 05:35 PM
The way I understood it is that they are real brothers maybe from different mothers but both are Dragons sons.Yep...Shanks will be a legend, but I still don't see it in any of the close time xD

Havin' the same father...how are they family names different? (Grap being "Monkey D. Grap" Dragon as "Monkey D. Dragon" and Luffy "Moneky D. Luffy" when Ace is "Portgas D. Ace")
Maybe you're right about being part blood relatives...as in sharing the same mother. But father...? :\
also 2 legends = dragon + WB, right?It is said that being unprepared can hurt Loginia DF users as we saw when Luffy crushed into Ace and Smoker (chapter 157, if I'm not mistaken...) so if Luffy will be fast enough he will be able to hurt the Loginia type users...and Gear 2 (I think) can do a good job on that.

2 Legends= WB and Rayleigh(Was the right man of Roger...now just an old coating guy that "100 times stronger then any of you boys" as Shakky said[boys being the SH's {and maybe other rookies}]) ... most likely.

edit: oh...someone beat me to it.

edit2: I so hope Rayleigh will train the SH's (and no admirals here)...

purplerose_04
June 08, 2008, 06:11 PM
[B]Havin' the same father...how are they family names different? (Grap being "Monkey D. Grap" Dragon as "Monkey D. Dragon" and Luffy "Moneky D. Luffy" when Ace is "Portgas D. Ace")

edit2: I so hope Rayleigh will train the SH's (and no admirals here)...

Yea i'm confused about that too.. Unless Dragon and Ace's Mother separated and he took after his mom last name...

Is Shakky is one of the crewmate of Gold Roger? and the Crocus-- the whale caretaker is he one of them too?

well it would be kool if Rayleigh train the SH but i think there is too much commotion rite now.. so i dun think that will happen until much later on if it actually happened..

makirai
June 08, 2008, 06:24 PM
Yeap.. it seems like too much is going on for any sort of training to happen.. Perhaps rayleigh would run away with SH after coating the ship.

Is there a possibility that Garp and Rayleigh know each other.. As in buddies... For all we know he goes there, shouts at Rayleigh den starts laughing together. Maybe they sort of have a Coby - Luffy relationship.. lol

camil222
June 08, 2008, 07:09 PM
i think garps only after rayleigh because garp was after roger and rayleighs strongest crew remaining from rogers crew other than shanks probably.

LoS
June 08, 2008, 07:51 PM
Why is everyone getting hung up on Logia and Seastone all of a sudden?

Honestly how many Logia types do you expect the SH's to face?

Smoker and Aokiji have history with the SH's, but then again Ace's role as a fire type would be to combat the ice type, going by common traditions.

Then we have Black Beard, who is the penultimate villan in the OPverse. Honestly unless people get massively powered up or find his natural enemy(Light logia) that man will beat everyone.

There are 3 logia types who have history with Luffy and the SH's but there is always a very good chance that Logia's face off against other Logia's down the road.

darkband
June 08, 2008, 10:17 PM

Smoker and Aokiji have history with the SH's, but then again Ace's role as a fire type would be to combat the ice type, going by common traditions.

Then we have Black Beard, who is the penultimate villan in the OPverse. Honestly unless people get massively powered up or find his natural enemy(Light logia) that man will beat everyone.

There are 3 logia types who have history with Luffy and the SH's but there is always a very good chance that Logia's face off against other Logia's down the road.

Actually, Luffy could probably fight evenly with Blackbeard. Think about it, he can't avoid hits like most logia types, and his power is gravity. He would compress Luffy into a really tiny space, and Luffy being a rubberman would probably survive, just like any other time he is squashed. It would probably hurt like hell, but he would survive. As for the other two, I think that Luffy could only fight them if he developed some technique to nullify their Devil Fruits. Maybe using tekkai or something similar to be like seastone (I'm just making a wild guess) allowing him to hit logia types. That last idea is probably extremely crazy and not very likely, but it was just something I thought of.

JC123
June 08, 2008, 10:47 PM

Logia's cancel each other out. Remember Ace and Smoker back before Alabasta?

Actually, Luffy could probably fight evenly with Blackbeard. Think about it, he can't avoid hits like most logia types, and his power is gravity. He would compress Luffy into a really tiny space, and Luffy being a rubberman would probably survive, just like any other time he is squashed. It would probably hurt like hell, but he would survive. As for the other two, I think that Luffy could only fight them if he developed some technique to nullify their Devil Fruits. Maybe using tekkai or something similar to be like seastone (I'm just making a wild guess) allowing him to hit logia types. That last idea is probably extremely crazy and not very likely, but it was just something I thought of.

Blackbeard still takes damage. He has a D in his name also. And both he and Luffy are INCREDIBLY stubborn to boot. Before Skypiea, we saw the similarities in them. Though why he wanted to be Shichibukai is beyond anyone's measure...

Anyway back on point. They're both Paramecia meaning they can take damage. It's just hard to take on BB because of how his power works. But he DID take out Ace who smiled at his fate. Goes to show that those D's are nuts.

And he's also a cousin of Luffy. Just like Saul. Dereshi shi shi! :D

Yeap.. it seems like too much is going on for any sort of training to happen.. Perhaps rayleigh would run away with SH after coating the ship.
Is there a possibility that Garp and Rayleigh know each other.. As in buddies... For all we know he goes there, shouts at Rayleigh den starts laughing together. Maybe they sort of have a Coby - Luffy relationship.. lol

... I don't understand... Why would Rayleigh train the Strawhats? Luffy already has that spiritual energy stare of Shanks. And Rayleigh already sold himself to slavery...

Oh, he would fit right in with the Strawhats.

RichardMNixon
June 08, 2008, 11:06 PM
Just like BB was hiding in WB's crew for the chance to strike, I think he could just be hiding in cahoots with the WG to keep them off his back until he makes his move.

Also I think the Logia thing could be negated by a strong enough aura or spirit or whatever it is. Look at where Shanks is, I would assume he's faced off against some logias in his day. If him and WB can split the sky in half I think they could hurt an ice man.

On topic though, I think when Garp does arrive and hears about the noble getting hit, he'd think its hilarious, like when Luffy and Zoro ruined Koby and Helmeppo. "Haha, Luffy got you good!"

LoS
June 09, 2008, 12:08 AM
Logia's cancel each other out. Remember Ace and Smoker back before Alabasta.

You are not exactly correct. Logias that are natural enemies to one another like Fire and Ice for example would definitely cause damage, Fire would have the capabilities to melt Ice.

Why Smoker and Ace were not able to cause damage to each other is because their powers are like closely related cousins, they are each part of the same natural occurrence. Burning gives off Fire and Smoke, and because of that the two would only ever fight to a stalemate.

DBC
June 09, 2008, 12:33 AM
Man... I just can't wait till the whole incident with ace goes down. We'll prolly see and learn more about Dragon. Ace is Dragon's son because hes Garps grandson (they both fall asleep randomly dead give away). He may only be half brother to Luffy, but I still believe they are blood related.

I don't think there will be a very big fight this arc tho, mostly just escaping.

JC123
June 09, 2008, 12:37 AM
I'm mainly referring to Logias in the general sense of the term. If their skills were equal and you were to send a blast of Ice and a blast of Fire at the same time, they would neutralize. That's not saying that there aren't more powerful versions of Logia users. (Even if they are rare) Just saying they won't be able to cause significant damage to one another.

LoS
June 09, 2008, 01:03 AM
Well using logic and common manga traditions, some style of fighting always has a natural enemy. You could take two equally strong Logia types of Electricity and Water and we all know who would win.

Andytheass
June 09, 2008, 02:41 AM
anyone else wonder who the 1000+ idiots are that try to read the spoilers, when it says right next to the link 0 posts are?

Good chapter but start the major fights already I'm an impatient man.

LoS
June 09, 2008, 02:48 AM
anyone else wonder who the 1000+ idiots are that try to read the spoilers, when it says right next to the link 0 posts are?

Haha I never noticed that, the only thing I would hope is that it used to be a previous thread and was renamed and content deleted. Maybe people keep hoping the first post magically gets some spoilers thrown in it.

neomaster121
June 09, 2008, 05:15 AM
Ok back too the seastone thing. I'm simply brainstorming ideas on how the SH's are going to fight off logia type users, because besides getting EXTREMLY lucky and fighting an electric type logia user who Luffy is pretty much IMMUNE too, how else are they going to win?

I'm not saying Zoro should go one handed style, I dont understand how anyone got that idea. He can have more then 3 swords, right? Why not aquire a sword that would be the bane of all Logia DF users? He could have three different swords, all for different purposes, but equally effective against regular enemys. He would still use the same 3 sword style, doh.Perhaps I'm blowing this whole Logia DF user thing out of proportion, maybe its not such a big deal, but since a logia user simply avoid any physical damage i dont see any other way for the SH's to win against them, aside from getting very, very lucky. Or... carying around the opposite of every single element in the world in a physical form that they can use against a particular logia user? (I.e electricity - rubber)

There is also some confusion about whether or not the SH's could use seastones, against the more difficult opponents. By "more difficult opponents" I meant "Logia DF users". Seastone weapons vs Logia opponents, because so far the SH's do not need help against regular DF enemys.

I admit its a bit of a stretch. Mainly because if sea stone weapons were thrown in, everyone would be using them, including the government, and perhaps other pirates.

lol then he would use 1 sword style against logia

Zoro doesn't fight like that he uses all 3 together n theres no way Zoro wold replace all 3 swirds for seastone swords. Zoro would rather have the disadvantage and win than have the advantage and win

ZeroChrome
June 09, 2008, 06:23 AM
This chapter is definitely awesome!! Oda you rock! :yourock

After skimming through this thread, someone brought up (I think :XD) that Lola's mom might be the fourth Yonkou. immediately after reading that post I remembered the silhouette of the four Yonkous. See here: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/07/
the one below Shanks. Okay, I might be just want to speculate, but the shadow doesn't really show that it's a shadow of a man. And someone also stated that Lola is not very feminine either. It's true and if the same applied to her mom, and given the silhouette resemble (a bit) of Lola, this speculation might be true! :D besides, one of Lola's crew also said that her mom is an incredible pirate. So probably Oda was hinting to that she being a Yonkou.

My second 2 cents: Will an Admiral come to the auction? Hmm, certainly we might think this is the case. But one other possibility came through my mind. Someone else will come. Who? DOFLAMINGO!! Why? Since there are already speculations that he owns the human auction business (due to the smileys), he might not stay quiet since Luffy's already messed up the auction, and he's about to lose 500M Beri from Caimie's auction!!

Okay, enough of daydreaming. I certainly want to see the introduction of the other 2 Admirals, but I also want to know the nature Doflamingo's DF :XD
C'mon! Bring on the disasters! :guns

LoS
June 09, 2008, 06:40 AM
I think that if a Schibi came, that would kind of be overkill. I mean overkill in the sense that Luffy would single handedly be responsible for taking down roughly half of their group. Then again the Schibi and him might fight to a stalemate, setting up a later date. It is just too many of them too quickly, so Naval officers, or some other fighter would be a good mix.

ZeroChrome
June 09, 2008, 06:52 AM
hmm, you're probably right. the appearance of Shichibukais at this time might rather be too quick and if that's the case and another Shichibukai taken down is definitely unlikely. definitely not OP-Style. damnn, you brought my hope down :spank

EDIT:

you're right! I've never realized that before. Btw. in naruto section there're already 2000+.

Dxl
June 09, 2008, 08:33 AM
about lola's mom... didn't anyone say that she is a really beautiful woman? i might be wrong, but none of the silhouettes looks like an attractive woman to me (except if you like the masculine type of woman lol)! so i tried to think about the only really strong female pirate that has been introduced until now, and my guess is: it's shakky xD you can now start to bring me the 101 reasons why it's impossible, but i think it would be funny :)

Bandreus
June 09, 2008, 08:39 AM
I'd find it strange for Do Flamingo to come there, his sign (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/05/) is quite a bit different from the Auction Hose's one (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/04-05/). They're similar to each other, but Trafalgar Law's (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/500/16/), doesn't differ that much too, as many other Pirate Crews'. But still he could be not too far away from SA.

But considering Moria was just defeated, with Kuma on stage too and Jimbei being rather likelly to show up next, Do Flaming being throwed in would look like too-many-Shichibukai-round-here time.

@method: two legends could easily be among Shanks, WB, Silver, Dragon, Silver or some other unnamed char. I'd say one of the legends should be Silver, the way Garp's talkin goes on (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/03/) just suggests that .

falco_dergento
June 09, 2008, 09:04 AM
I don't think any admiral would come at this point. Didn't Garp say, he will come to shanbody? He said he would take care of it (refering to Silver).. So, I guess he will come instead, though i can't think of any scenarion involving Garp..

I guess, this last chapter really open up a LOT of probable scenarios! Judging from what Oda did in the past, I think he will choose the most unlikely scenario! (-.-')

But I think Silver will certainly do sth in the next chapter. I mean, he can't be there just to watch rite? He definitely gonna help Luffy. Probablly the will be leaving shanbody b4 anyone from the marine arrive? but that would be to short of time in shabody.. argghhh, I'm so confused!! better wait patiently for the next chapter!^^

chronus
June 09, 2008, 09:48 AM
Well, But why is garp willing to go alone to sa.
is it really just because the fear of loosing a lot of marines?
i think he is planing sth. else or maybe he has a former deal with silver.
Would be very funny if it was so.

Akainu
June 09, 2008, 10:44 AM
visiting an old mate perhaps? dunno. if he is going to sa at all ... I still think, that "No, I'll handle this" doesn't necessarily mean he is going to sa, not even that he is going to do something at all... he could as well "handle it" with hushing it up.

DutchPhoenix
June 09, 2008, 10:51 AM
lol if WG would send mihawk, strawhats would be elimated

makirai
June 09, 2008, 11:21 AM
lol if WG would send mihawk, strawhats would be elimated

Not necessarily.. Zoro has improved exponentially since the previous fight with mihawk... i daresay he might be able to spar on the same level.. maybe~

i may be bias tho.. Zoro fan xD

Mr.Popo
June 09, 2008, 11:31 AM
A short note about logia type DF users: once Zorro learns to cut the elements itself, they won't be of any problem afterwards.

Back on topic:
After reading the thread in the knowledge tree, i'm convinced that DoFlamingo is the man behind the scenes on Archipelago. It's not only the similar symbols (a sign of ideology i think), but those words of Bellamy and the fact that the slave business is tolerated.
Although I also feel that it is too early for just another Shishibukai, it could be their last chance to meat DoFlamingo (and he needs to be busted). He has duties in Jaya and now probably on Archipelago, that leads me to the conclusion, that he is (like Crocodile) only working in the first half.
Also, the SHs traveled through the first half of Grand Line and only took down 2 of 7 Shishis (it should be 3 on each half and one in the middle).

I don't hope for the appearence of an admiral, but the execution should be right around the corner, otherwise Rayleigh should be of no concern for the marines.
And because they need to give WB some time to arrive (at least, Ace is only a decoy), an admiral could make a short stopover.

Some crew member are still missing (namely Ussup, Robin and Brooks), i think they could be a trumpcard for future incidents.

And as i wrote earlier, Kidd is only a pet dog. The other Supernovas are not around, but Law is and Oda is carefully hiding him from us. He might be a major character sooner or later.

gold349
June 09, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think just like Zoro has changed swords and aquired new ones, there might be a sword with such powers to deal with logia fruit users that zoro will stumble upon. Plus Luffy has already faced a logia user before in crocodile, even if he is unable to inflict direct damage he could find the weakness like he did with crocodile and use that to his advantage.

plus that thing about bounties Luffy with a bounty of 100,000,000 defeated Enel who's bounty Oda estimated to be 500,000,00 http://www.onepiecehq.com/one-piece/bounties

sharingan_kakashi
June 09, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'd find it strange for Do Flamingo to come there, his sign (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/05/) is quite a bit different from the Auction Hose's one (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/04-05/). They're similar to each other, but Trafalgar Law's (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/500/16/), doesn't differ that much too, as many other Pirate Crews'. But still he could be not too far away from SA.
Garp's talkin goes on (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/03/) just suggests that .

Now that i see them side-by-side, you are right they are different. Them mouth especially. So who is running the Auction? perhaps teh guy with the Huge Axe? ..speculating.. (maybe)
I dont want him to be an admiral, i like easy going admirals he that guy seem too serious.

@Zorro. Right now i think Zorro will keep Kuina's sword (Duh) and Ryuuma's sword. The kitetsu is good but i dont think he particularly needs it. He made a pact with the Kitetsu so i guess the only way he can replace it is when it gets destroyed. I've never seen him replace sword just because he saw something better.

neomaster121
June 09, 2008, 11:47 AM
Kuma is going to get called not Mihawk

only if an admiral isn't called

LoS
June 09, 2008, 12:05 PM
There are only 2 possible Schibi's who are possibly near the archipelago or either willing to confront the SH's, and those two are either Kuma because of his abilities, and Doflamingo because of his possible proximity to the archipelago.

But like I said earlier, I feel using another Schibi would be a poor decision by Oda since that would be 3 straight confrontations with Schibi's with no other opponent in between.

Although the numbers do work out somewhat nicely. 3 in first half, one right on midpoint, and 3 on second half. But with the inclusion ob Black Beard that ruins that idea.

gomu_gomu_man
June 09, 2008, 12:40 PM
hmm if oda really call shichi may b he want to get rid of the old shichi and build a new one xD or he try to get rid of one of the 3 power....

Akainu
June 09, 2008, 01:10 PM
the nearest shichibukai should be jinbei and it would be very coul if he appears. it would be like:
WG:"Jinbei please go to sabaody and help the tenryuubito out"
J:"tzzz - o.k. ..."
arriving at Gr0
J:" who should I help?"
Roswald:"me and my son, this stupid pirate attacked him after shooting this dishusting fishman .... oops"
DON xD

but seriously: I think that the 3 remaining members already arrived at the auction house but were not shown last chapter because they entered through the rear entrance.

k-dom
June 09, 2008, 01:28 PM
I wonder where are the missing SH. Maybe they are preparing a retreat. I also think that Brook or Robin are able to recognize Rayleigh if they meet him
[hr]
oups sorry Akainu it seems we had the same idea at the same time

Endo Kenji
June 09, 2008, 01:29 PM
Did anyone noticed this? This may be the first appearance of Silvers Rayleigh. They look very much alike. I'm rereading the series And I accidently stumbled upon the younger version of the First mate xD
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/19/08/

Ustegius
June 09, 2008, 01:42 PM
Doh, thats been mentioned several thousand times after chapter 500 :P, but keep up the good work anyways ^^

I'm really wondering what kind of an role Rayleigh will play. I first thought that he would be aiding and maybe tutoring Mugiwara about this aura thing, but the more think about, less likely it seems. I mean Mugiwara can pretty much learn all the mysteries of One Piece from Ray, though I dont think he'll reveal very much. Well, I have trust in Oda, that he will sort things out with Ray nicely, he always does ^^

gold349
June 09, 2008, 02:22 PM
Raleigh after this might have no choice but to move on to somewhere else, Garp is on is way which doesn't automatically say that a confrontation is inevitable but Raleigh's peaceful life might be close to an end.

Raleigh isn't the only one with this "spirit" burst, Shanks showed his spirit to when he stepped on to White Beards ship, it might not be something you learn but gain as you grow in strength.

kkck
June 09, 2008, 04:23 PM
I think in the next chapter silver will knock most people in the room with his spirit/aura/heart/ki/chakra/karma/energy or W/E it is called and then congratulate luffy for having the balls to do what he did and then the strawhats will get the ship coated and set of to fishman island. Later on just after the strahats are a getting away silver will make a comment on how luffy is very similar to Gol D. Roger. Of course this is just a general prediction about the current arc, I expect more things to happen.

JC123
June 09, 2008, 10:37 PM
Jinbei helping out the rich people that oppress his people? I know he may be a loan shark but seriously...

I doubt that one very highly.

Doflamingo coming for the SHs? Now that seems plausible. One,
Bellamy was killed for disgracing his flag and he may see it as a reason to take on Luffy. OR he may try to recruit Luffy to give his crew more power.

Of course, that's just a fight waiting to happen. :)

Seriously, the Shichi are supposed to take out rookie pirates for the WG.

It would make sense to task them with something so that way they have the world divided into their spheres of influence with only the WG keeping the peace in their sphere.

Now Kuma I see working more in the New World. He's already given his word to the SHs to leave Luffy alone for a while.

And Silvers teaching Luffy? Luffy has a stubborn side. He doesn't do normal teaching methods. Remember, his grandpa is the kind of guy to throw him off a cliff and expect him home for Dinner.

dmnt3d
June 09, 2008, 11:12 PM
My prediction:
- Kuma will arrive in the Auction House
- He will talk to Luffy in recruiting him to become a Schibukai
- All the people will be in shock including SH's crew.
- Luffy will reply "no thanks" or "whats a schibukai? is it delicious?"

LoS
June 10, 2008, 12:52 AM
My prediction:

Ummm wont one of the Schibi's have to die or get dismissed by the WG first? They must maintain balance, I cant see them just adding another Schibi.

Akainu
June 10, 2008, 01:01 AM
Jinbei helping out the rich people that oppress his people? I know he may be a loan shark but seriously...

I doubt that one very highly.

Doflamingo coming for the SHs? Now that seems plausible. One,
Bellamy was killed for disgracing his flag and he may see it as a reason to take on Luffy. OR he may try to recruit Luffy to give his crew more power.

Of course, that's just a fight waiting to happen. :)

Seriously, the Shichi are supposed to take out rookie pirates for the WG.

It would make sense to task them with something so that way they have the world divided into their spheres of influence with only the WG keeping the peace in their sphere.

Now Kuma I see working more in the New World. He's already given his word to the SHs to leave Luffy alone for a while.

And Silvers teaching Luffy? Luffy has a stubborn side. He doesn't do normal teaching methods. Remember, his grandpa is the kind of guy to throw him off a cliff and expect him home for Dinner.

^^ I suggest you read again what I wrote, else I would have to put 'heavy irony' tags around that part... but especially the ending indicates that it is not to be taken seriously.

Doflamingo coming? perhaps. what you wrote? no. we don't know what happend to Bellamy (remember that in OP death is not seen often) and recruiting Luffy for the crew he doesn't have?

My prediction:
- All the people will be in shock including SH's crew.
- Luffy will reply "no thanks" or "whats a schibukai? is it delicious?"
I don't believe in it but I had to quote it for the last line which is hilarious :D

nawar
June 10, 2008, 03:35 AM
you know.....i was wondering...what is the advantage of being a shikibukai....al shiki's we have seen dont seem to be that very happy or anything....croc stil wanting to rule a country, kuma is working for the WG, moria still looking to recruit a crew...he didnt seem that rich or anything....so....is there actualy a plus side to becomming a shikibukai??
Cuz, the only time we've seen one being appointed is BB....so WHY DOES he want to be one so bad??

ZeroChrome
June 10, 2008, 03:50 AM
because of the privileges! They are the only pirates approved by WG. and by approve, I think the WG won't capture them and they can do what they want as long as they abide by their agreement. as for Crocodile, I don't think he really wanted to rule a country. He just want the ancient weapon Pluton. and to get it, he needs Robin to decipher the Poneglyph and to do that, he needs to take control the country because he don't know where the Poneglyph is located. hope that explains and correct me if anything's wrong :XD

Vizard5
June 10, 2008, 03:53 AM
the plus side of becomming a shichibukai is that the WG won't be after u anymore.. and u can do whatever u want as long as u give WG 10%(?) of the outcome of your raid or something..

Punky fish
June 10, 2008, 04:34 AM
The same hill Naruto is going down One Piece is going up. I really want to see Luffy to beat up that....that tenryuubito guy.

vashdestampede
June 10, 2008, 05:17 AM
the only problem i see is that the strawhats still need the thousand sunny to be coated. I'm pretty sure that's not something they can do on the run.
So either:

1) this arc becomes a proper arc with a giant 'boss' battle and then peace at the end or the resolution where the ship gets coated
2) it takes 10 minutes to coat the ship (for some reason like dipping the ship in a spa of the sap)
3) or fishman island and the new world is delayed even further (and no coating occurs at all)

fallou
June 10, 2008, 05:19 AM
@Punky fish: What the heck does that mean? I don't see a single similarity between OP and Naruto, especially not in the scenario...

Akainu
June 10, 2008, 05:22 AM
further delay and not being able to coat imho go hand in hand with some idea like rushing through marijoa to get to the new world... they triggered an admiral to sa the others should be occuupied and that way they can have alot of fun ... well not nearly as much as going to FI!

Umbra Wolf
June 10, 2008, 05:31 AM
@Punky fish: What the heck does that mean? I don't see a single similarity between OP and Naruto, especially not in the scenario...
He probably means that Naruto gets worse and worse (I agree) and One Piece doesn't stop gettin better (same here).;)

fallou
June 10, 2008, 05:47 AM
He probably means that Naruto gets worse and worse (I agree) and One Piece doesn't stop gettin better (same here).;)
Oh! Allright then..Totally agree too.
One more day before the spoilers people!can't wait!!
Also, I guess the Tenryuubito's bodyguard will try and fight Luffy. I don't think he's very strong but u never know right?

ZeroChrome
June 10, 2008, 06:02 AM
I agree too :thumbs
@fallou: did you mean the tenryuubito's bodyguard or slave? the guard certainly doesn't look that tough, but Roswald's huge slave might be strong.

EDIT: just realized vashdestampede's post

3) or fishman island and the new world is delayed even further (and no coating occurs at all)

my guess is the trip will be delayed for some time, but they will coat their ship. otherwise they can't go 10000m undersea!

mask0
June 10, 2008, 06:36 AM
bout the shikibukai
where in the chap is flamingo mentioned??
and isnt kuma the only one hu listern to the WG?
so i doubt any shikibukai is gonna go cuz WG ask them to

and for naruto
its nt goin downhill
jus nowhere bah

ZeroChrome
June 10, 2008, 07:02 AM
flamingo hasn't been mentioned in the manga. it's just pure speculations that he owns the human auction (again, due to the smileys). and if that's the case, he doesn't need the order from WG to go there. he'll go there by himself since Luffy ruined the auction

Luckas
June 10, 2008, 07:24 AM
Please guys, stop talking about Naruto here ;)

Mr.Popo
June 10, 2008, 08:39 AM
It is probably unavoidable to go to fishman island due to their logport(lock post, compass,?), but i hope this arc will last a few more chapters, with a combined stampede from SHs and WBs through marine HQ.
I think Ace will be rescued, but WBs glory will be severely damaged, making room for a new yonkou.

fallou
June 10, 2008, 09:50 AM
@max_cavalera08: Well, I meant Chalros' bodyguard, but I didn't think of Roswald's slave, and I agree he could be strong. The thing is that the tenryuubito probably have strong guys under their command in order to beat up people an exploding collar isn't sufficient to kill. I mean Roswald at least, and maybe the tenryuubitos in general must be smart enough to realize an admiral can't come right away, so they probably has emergency solutions in case smthg happens, even if they surely didn't thing anyone would be mad enough(or brave enough) to punch one of them! So maybe strong enslaved pirates...Or maybe some nobles are actually strong, we only have seen three of them so far. Although they might not want to get their hands dirty by touching a pirate:darn

LoS
June 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
Is there a specific date when Spoilers come out every week? How do you know they are coming out tomorrow?

fallou
June 10, 2008, 12:35 PM
they usually come out by wednesday, yeah, or at least that's the day they've come out since I been readind them

Superman
June 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
EEHHHHHHHHHHHH OZ CAN USE SORUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! i didnt know that. thought he is fast but soru....man i wasnt expecting this. but makes sence with such a strong body and shadow. AMAZING I LOVE OZ HE IS SO SHIT UGLY BUT COOOOLLL~~~~~

darkband
June 10, 2008, 02:36 PM
For the next chapter, I think that the Tenryubito will be in shocked disbelief and threaten to call an admiral. Luffy will just look at them in with that look that says "I don't care" and then he'll say something like, "Then I'll just have to kill you before you get a chance." Then I think Garp will show up. Personally I think that no admiral will be coming because of the WG v. WB in the work. Then evreything will work out in a very unpredictable way because we all know that Oda can't be predicted, but somehow involving Rayleigh because he is so conveniently there.

Akainu
June 10, 2008, 02:55 PM
EEHHHHHHHHHHHH OZ CAN USE SORUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! i didnt know that. thought he is fast but soru....man i wasnt expecting this. but makes sence with such a strong body and shadow. AMAZING I LOVE OZ HE IS SO SHIT UGLY BUT COOOOLLL~~~~~
wtf are you talking about? anime? then its the wrong thread...
[hr]

Is there a specific date when Spoilers come out every week? How do you know they are coming out tomorrow?

they usually come out by wednesday, yeah, or at least that's the day they've come out since I been readind them
japanese wednesday yes, thus we get it by tuesday sometimes :)

LoS
June 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
Is anyone else worried that next chapter wont see much happen, or at least not fill our expectations?

I am worried that the first 4/5 pages will be everyone still recovering from the shock of Luffy's punch, and then their immediate reactions to either flee the auction or threaten the SH''s.

After that who knows what will happen, but I am worried this chapter might get hung up on reactions.

k-dom
June 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
Yes the log pose indicates fishman island so they are going to fishman island. It is much more fun than mariejoe.
I imagine that the time the noble call the admiral or whatever they will call is the time they need to coat the Sunny

LoS
June 10, 2008, 02:58 PM
japanese wednesday yes, thus we get it by tuesday sometimes :)

is that for every Jump manga? I could have sworn I have seen some legit spoilers on monday/early tuesday, rarely though.

darkband
June 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sometimes we do get spoilers earlier, its just that we usually get reliable ones on wednesday. Those earlier one don't happen too often so most just accept it as coming on wednesday.

romme
June 10, 2008, 04:37 PM
well ... i guess the "admiral" that will appear will be garp
the former admiral ... then ruffy will have to fight his own
grandpa or smthing like that

darkband
June 10, 2008, 05:06 PM
I don't think Garp was ever an admiral. He is a Vice-Admiral, and he confronted Gold Roger a lot. IMO he is a bit like Smoker is to Luffy. Though I don't think that Luffy is ready for his grandpa yet. I don't think there will be any direct confrontation.

Mr.Popo
June 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
Yes the log pose indicates fishman island so they are going to fishman island. It is much more fun than mariejoe.
Why?
I know, there is a hype about fishman island, but i don't get it.
All we know is, that is is the homeland of the merfolk and below mariejoa, oh and they have those bubbles down there too of course.

I mean fishman island is just as good as sky island with its angels, thriller bark with its zombies, or any other land with mere humans. Oda is always making a great story and i don't see why a fishman island story should be so much better.

It's nothing against fishman island, only against the hype.
(But in the special case of Mariejoa, Fishman island might be indeed more fun)

The SHs went 10000m up to Sky island and have now the chance to go down 10000m to Fishman island, that is indeed an amazing opportunity. On the other hand every pirate goes this way, so it's nothing special, whereas flying above Mariejoa would.

well ... i guess the "admiral" that will appear will be garp
the former admiral ... then ruffy will have to fight his own
grandpa or smthing like that
Garp might appear, but without direct order, he will do nothing about Luffy, provided the tenryuubito don't see him. He reminds me of Aokiji or Smoker, they all seem to have their own way of justice.

darkband
June 10, 2008, 06:11 PM
Actually, it doesn't say that they all go to Fishman Island, just that they all come to SA in order to coat there ship and cross under the Red Line, and be on their merry way without the world government's interference. It didn't specifically say that they must go to Fishman Island, but that's where Luffy and crew are going.

Mische
June 10, 2008, 07:40 PM
Well considering that Fishman island is the only known way to go through the red line under water its quite defiante that they have to go there...
Either that or Mariejoa (which is much more unlikely) thats the ways how to get there.

Is anyone saying Garp will be Luffys enemy this arc? dream on...

I hope the axe guy will make his appearance. So far the only one that could possibly be an opponent to the Sh´s are Kid + gang and this strange big guy (or whatever) that is with the nobles. neither are really to be taken as serious opponents at the moment in my eyes.

We don´t know too much about kid but so far there has not been a reason that makes a fight likely. Kid might be a rather cruel pirate if you compare him to the Sh´s but he doesn´t seem to be stupid. So far there has not been shown one real reason why he should be the enemy this arc. If there is an enemy it will be either a marine admiral /vice admiral (except for garp) or that axe guy. Of course that might be one and the same but we don´t know that yet...

Edit: the Shichibukai don´t give a sh.. about the Nobles. Exept for kuma no one will come and save them just because WG wants them to... Kuma would be a possibility but it was the same situation they had with Aokji. They promised to leave the others alone and go "mano a mano" Very unlikely that any of them will ever interact as opponents to the Sh´s anymore. Not because they wouldn´t if they where ordered but because it wouldn´t fit to the characters. They belong to a certain type. Just as Luffy they would "never go back on their words". Thats their ninja way... Oh well, wrong manga but you get my point i hope ;)

darkband
June 10, 2008, 08:20 PM
Just reread 496, and it offers the second option to cross the red line. That was to get a new ship directly on the other side, and says that's what most do, since the underwater one is dangerous, just like going to Sky Island was. It probably means that the other Supernovas will just get new ships, after walking across the red line. Luffy obviously will take the same route as Roger did. Since Roger got to Raftel with the Oro Jackson from Water 7, its obvious he took the underwater route.

bittman
June 10, 2008, 10:08 PM
Actually, no pirate should be able to go over the Red Line since the only thing on top is the capital of the World Government. Every single pirate needs to go through Fishman Island or to disguise themselves extremely well.

darkband
June 10, 2008, 10:24 PM
Actually, no pirate should be able to go over the Red Line since the only thing on top is the capital of the World Government. Every single pirate needs to go through Fishman Island or to disguise themselves extremely well.

Dude, reread 496. The starfish says that most people just walk across the redline and get a ship on the other side...oops, just reread it again, and he does say that under is the only way for pirates. Sorry:darn

jromz03
June 10, 2008, 11:54 PM
My prediction: A few pages where everyone's Jaw is on the floor, except the SH which seems to be expecting the punch to happen.

Then the shock crowd recovers and threaten the fishman again.

To which luffy will respond with a 'just try it' type response... To which the weak ones will faint and bubble their mouths because of Luffy's aura.

after that i don't know. either enter Rayleigh impressed or Garp pissed.

kkck
June 11, 2008, 12:19 AM
I just remembered reading something about a weapon "Poseidon" during the skypeia arc, maybe we will get to see something about it during this arc.

Something I have been wondering is why does the goverment put up with the world nobles. Aokiji or Smoker or most of the marines we have seen so far dont seem like the type of people who would stand watching what the nobles regularly do but yet it seems as if they would protect the nobles if they were ordered too.

Maybe the WG doesnt believe that the WN have the right to do as they please but because of something they know or have the WG goes along with their behaviour.

Also someone mentions something about a mermaid princes in mermaid island, wonder what part will she play in the story.

LoS
June 11, 2008, 12:39 AM
why does the goverment put up with the world nobles.

Money makes the world go round. The Nobles probably fund a lot of their stuff in return for protection.

kkck
June 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
Money makes the world go round. The Nobles probably fund a lot of their stuff in return for protection.

True, but somehow the Wn dont seem like the working type and the idea of them having a mountain of gold that has lasted them for the last 800 years is way too much.

Devil-buster
June 11, 2008, 12:51 AM
Actually, it doesn't say that they all go to Fishman Island, just that they all come to SA in order to coat there ship and cross under the Red Line, and be on their merry way without the world government's interference. It didn't specifically say that they must go to Fishman Island, but that's where Luffy and crew are going.

there is no way to cross under the redline, it goes all the way to the ocean floor...Fishman island is a hole in the red line...and thats the only way they can cross through....if you reread the chapter where they reach the redline u'll get it...

darkband
June 11, 2008, 12:54 AM
Chalros made an opening bid of 500,000,000 beli. Regardless of how they get the money, they have it. If they can spend that much on whim, they can certainly be the financial backing of the WG.

I just had a funny thought, if this were the case, what if the Tenryubito threatened to withdraw their financial support from the marines if they didn't do something about Luffy. And as a result the entire Ace execution thing is put on a big hold. That would be tight. But that all depends on whether the Tenryubito actually do pay the WG and Navy or not.

Edit1
@Devil-buster: Yes I already reread it and realized my mistake as I stated in an earlier post.

bittman
June 11, 2008, 01:08 AM
Nobles don't earn crap. Most likely, this is where they get there money from: Taxes. WG gets taxes, distributes them to their "family". Funding is not an issue of consequence with the nobles.

The war that was won by the five countries has led them to be the heads of state. So the marines put up with the nobles for the same reason that U.S. Soldiers put up with George Bush, or if you wanted a better example look to a country with a military junta such as Burma. Though the WG appears more democratic, it's painfully obvious the World Nobles are royalty.

gold349
June 11, 2008, 02:34 AM
The world nobles are the WG, according to the star fish 20 kings got together and formed WG, they have just used their influence from with in to still have a hold on their own affairs and use the WG as their own army IMO.

Superman
June 11, 2008, 04:36 AM
wtf are you talking about? anime? then its the wrong thread...

Jup.
Your right on both!

I don't think Garp was ever an admiral. He is a Vice-Admiral, and he confronted Gold Roger a lot. IMO he is a bit like Smoker is to Luffy. Though I don't think that Luffy is ready for his grandpa yet. I don't think there will be any direct confrontation.

Well i would say he is physically stronger than the admirals because...let me say it like this: He is a Monkey D.
For me this is explanation enough:D:p
But he would lose against Aokij because Garp has no DF who can stand up against him.
And Aokij just freeze him.
But i believe even if he say that he was stronger in the past when he was young, he would beat the admirals to slobber if they dont use their DFs.
But he is an idiot who always fall asleep.
Guess its family tradition.:p

Just my opinion.

Your right except for the logia types and soru users.
They can fly.......except BB.(their ship would be gone but whatever):D
But, i wanna fly too would be so coooool

bittman
June 11, 2008, 04:40 AM
Your right except for the logia types and soru users.
They can fly.......except BB.
But, i wanna fly too would be so coooool

Really? Gravity seemed to affect Enel and Ace pretty easily.

As a side note, which is really the major note, that's for a single pirate. No way a single pirate could survive in the new world without a crew...

Superman
June 11, 2008, 04:50 AM
No they can fly.
Sure they can survive.
Only if they meet BB.
In the end your right.
they cant survive forever.
Everybody will find their masters someday:D
Shit.:D:p

makirai
June 11, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hmmm... hey guys i wonder if this has ever been asked b4.. i did a brief search and found nothin... hopefully its not too far off topic from dis discussion xD.. so here goes...

How do u exit the grandline?

lol xD

aside from being suicidal and going over the calm belt...
and you're not on a marine ship...

DutchPhoenix
June 11, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hmmm... hey guys i wonder if this has ever been asked b4.. i did a brief search and found nothin... hopefully its not too far off topic from dis discussion xD.. so here goes...

How do u exit the grandline?

lol xD

aside from being suicidal and going over the calm belt...
and you're not on a marine ship...

ask don krieg...

knivez
June 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
calm belt > motorised ships, DF powers, coupe de burst, luck?

reverse mountain> last stop after raftel...

We've actually had quite some characters enter and leave the grandline.. Shanks, Mihawk, Zeff and don Krieg to name some... guess there are some tricks to it

bittman
June 11, 2008, 09:51 PM
Don Kreig mentioned they risked it with the Calm Belt, but I would assume that seastone is commonplace for higher ranking people in the world to put on the bottom of their ships. That said, Mihawk probably just drifted through on his little raft without a care in the world.

Raftel is a 110% mystery, so I'm not going to hypothesise about anything relating to arriving or leaving when it's only been done by 1 man/crew ever....actually, was Roger the ONLY one or was his crew with him? If so, Shanks has been to Raftel perhaps...

Ahh Raftel. I hope it remains far away so we continue to dream for it~

gigantor21
June 12, 2008, 05:50 AM
^ Well, the monsters probably know not to fuck with Mihawk. :p

And based on that map we saw while Shakkie was explaining things, it looks like the path to Raftiel isn't nearly as long. Which makes sense, given that no one ever said it was right next to the Red Line. What I'm just as interested in is how all the paths converge before Raftiel is in reach--I expect several plot points to start closing once the SH's reach that spot.

The War, of course, is going to have a dramatic impact on the course of their voyage too. I'm just wondering what effect Ace's death would have on Luffy.

mask0
June 12, 2008, 10:29 AM
if u hav enough guts
u can jus waltz through the calm belt without seastones

bet the SH dare 8D

as for the war
hope we gt to see WB in action

Andonan
August 06, 2008, 02:22 AM
no no there are 9 member now not 10 there will only be ONE more spot

Akainu
August 06, 2008, 02:41 AM
wrong sir, it's 8 crewmembers and one captain like Imitorar already said.
the captain wants 10, the captain gets 10... perhaps :P